Speaker 1: This is the in This League Fantasy podcast network, In This League Fantasy Baseball podcast online at in this League dot Com. Now here's your host Bogman and the Welsh.
Speaker 2: What's up, friendos, and welcome into the in This League Fantasy Baseball podcast with the Welsh and Scott Bogman. It's il at in this League dot Com. You guys want to sign up, support you boys. It don't matter that it's July Baseball maybe winding down. It's all good. You could still support us because we're still doing the stuff and the things prospect in Dynasty updates. The MLB Draft is next week. This is gonna be crazy All Star break as well. Will also be uh drop an info on our second half draft, so kind of getting you guys into that space as well. But you want to support the boys, be a part of the conversation, have access to us, and just you know, help the podcast go around. Go to in this League dot Com. In this League dot Com. Celebrate Merca and it at the same time if you want, if you're not from America, you can just celebrate ital whatever you want to do. Isn't it good when you hit publish on episodes? Bogmin Isn't that a good thing when you don't let it sit for I don't know, two days and then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're gonna get shot delayed. Deny, you better get that episode up. What are you doing?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm glad someone said something. It took two days for someone to say something, but I'm glad someone said something, or we'd have had back to back episodes or whatever. But apologies on that. Apparently I just had it sitting there. It was just chilling, just chilling. It was already edited it. It was literally in spreaker, what we've all got it? Oh yeah, no, it's not the now, the first, not the last. But this episode, we've got a lot to go through. We're gonna go through some player debates. Bogman has put some of those together. A lot of things going around baseball was actually outside of just like injury things. I think there's some conversation pieces to be had, and we'll look at two star pictures for what should be a nice fireworky week. And by the way, what do you what's your Fourth of July thing? At least forgetting textas I have I have.
Speaker 3: Well, I know you guys, just take care of your eleventeen dogs or whatever. Right because of the fireworks.
Speaker 2: Right, I mean kind of, but more that my wife and my daughter's birthday is on the fifth, So fourth of July is is a birthday weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't. I'm probably gonna go to the Astros game and uh there's usually probably your favorite firework after that. Well it's in the city I live in, so yeah, I'm gonna go to the Astros and Rays. So yeah, that's probably what I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I thought it would be more. I thought you'd be, like, you're a big foodie, like a big barbecue or anything like that.
Speaker 3: You're gonna look at him.
Speaker 2: I forgot. You don't eat barbecue, amort. You only eat fish. You only go to Papado's.
Speaker 3: I do like Papado you eat. Yeah, I do, like a lot of fish. But yeah, barbecue, Mexican food, Like it's all great here. The food in Texas is amazing. Look at the World Cup people, they'll tell you.
Speaker 2: So nothing. So you're gonna that's okay, though, you don't have to do like you're gonna what am I supposed to do?
Speaker 3: Go join the infantry for the Fourth of July Because it's a two hundred and fiftieth anniversary.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know. You're gonna be like, Oh, we're gonna do you want to go shoot off fireworks? Is that what you want me to do? Blow my hand off, like Jack, I know what you want.
Speaker 2: Off fireworks a little bit in your neighborhood a little bit.
Speaker 3: But you understand that I don't like fireworks like for for two fifty. Great, if there's one big show, awesome. I don't like my haced redneck neighbors shooting them off over the uh, you know, over the lake for the next week and a half. It's gonna be a whole month.
Speaker 2: Of this you're living. If you were living next to Kate Kavali, you'd be like, it's fireworks for July. Boy, these fireworks, boy, oh my god.
Speaker 3: Boygate. Yikes, boy gate.
Speaker 2: You know what though, this is not the first boy gate that we have heard about before, though, because yeah, there's a little it wasn't me, actually was not me. Bogman loves to do the redneck voice and he says boy with it, but.
Speaker 3: There was say it to my cat because it's funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, But what's funny is there was a little controversy, so we got pissy about it happening. But it was on a show Bogmin was on. We assumed it was Bogman and it wasn't. Actually it was the other person that said boy So, this is not the first time you and I have even heard of a boy gate happened.
Speaker 3: So what is like k cavally unbelievably dumb to not know, Like I get, you know, he came out and apologized. I don't know if he talked to Wilson Trarez about it at all, but he did come out and say, Jesus, yeah, I was in the wrong, my bad. I had no idea about the connotation. Blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's kind of like he didn't know about the connotation, like you know.
Speaker 3: I can't put that together through context.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, like that more of anything than else, Like I kind of like, don't tell us you didn't the connotation like maybe maybe younger kids don't or whatever. More would have been like, my bad, I didn't mean it like that. I wasn't thinking straight. I totally get how that was. I was just you know, that's that's Oklahoma for you. Whatever. I didn't have that behind me, but I do understand it to be like I've never heard of that, Like okay, all right, but you heard about it now, Yeah, because Gay Cavali struck out Wilson Catreras and was whatever he said, sit down boy, whatever and probably in a super redneck tone to I don't know how he talks, but he's from Oklahoma, and Wilson Catreras did not have any of it. You know, you know what I'm saying, like like, yeah, me saying sit down boy, versus like Debro saying it like it sounds different.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, right, Uh yeah, it's gonna sound I understand what you're saying. I'll just say that it's probably not good no matter what your accent is. But agree, I agree, Uh yeah, what a what a dumb ass cake Vali was and we like the last person you can do that too and get away with it is Wilsk Tres. The guy's in the middle of everything.
Speaker 2: So he just doesn't put up with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that nonsense. He should not put up with I think he needs to be a little more uh less aggressive in some situations, but this one, I was like, well, I mean what do you expect.
Speaker 2: There's been so much with Contreras this year that not even like putting it on him right in that there's just been so much negativity and stuff thrown his way. Like he's just like a powder cake, you know what I mean, Like he's just ready to blow the rout to Yeah, he had absolutely not. So they both got suspended seven games. That's probably you know how It's the annoying thing with Pictures though, It's like, is he really going to lose a start or they just push his start back, you know whatever. I guess you would technically lose a start in there and then he could you know, I don't know whatever. It's pictures is always dumb, But Wilson Tras is going to be out seven games, both of those guys off of that whole mess, so you know, react accordingly. Junior Camonaro is the youngest player to hit a homer in six straight games six straight games. He is twenty two years old, with like seventy five homers. I believe I saw someone post he's on pace for thirteen hundred homers or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 2: One of the more prolific big power hitters in baseball. I'm not really sure where the it go. I mean we kind of did this.
Speaker 3: Dude, pull up? Can can you just pull up on Twitter? His uh his homer that he hit against Casey and the Royals announcers. Dude, this was so funny.
Speaker 2: Let me see if I can't. Yeah, you were saying it's gonna be a whole thing.
Speaker 3: You were saying, just say Cameron Arow six homer call and it'll come up. It should come up.
Speaker 2: I will try. The difference is the tabs, but all the Camonaro, what do you want me to do?
Speaker 3: Sixth homer call?
Speaker 2: Home run? I mean it doesn't work like like Reddit where you can do that. But maybe this will pick up.
Speaker 3: When was this was a yeah, yes, yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, why don't you keep talking because I just.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was just it was a really interesting run. But Cameron Aro has been on this huge run. We talked about uh, like you know MVP picks on the betting show for Betting Pros earlier this week. We do, you know, we do a show at the first of every month just kind of go over what our bets would be for the rest of the season. Rookie of the year, you know, any odd bets MVP. That type of stuff. Rookie of the Year is basically over from what we saw, you know, a weather Holt and McGonagall and then MVP. I don't know, anything you pick in the NL outside of Otani's a waste. But for the AL, I said, well, I think I think Cameronaro was plus twelve hundred when we looked at him the other day, and it's probably you know, he doesn't steal bases, but the raiser playing really well, so he's definitely going to be in the mix. Did you find it here? Nope, Okay, I'll find it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean you can just give the content and listen. Was it off of Seth Lugo? I think so, No, it can't be because this is on the first The whole point of it was you like what the announcers were doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well yeah, he just he comes up to the plate and it's before the first pitch, and the announcer goes, he's homered in five straight games, and then first pitch gone, he goes, he's homered in six straight games. It was just like so smooth.
Speaker 2: But the joke is dead now because it cannot find the video.
Speaker 3: YEP.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, you know what his problem is, he has way too many home runs, so you type him in and there's just way too much stuff. So nobody cared about that. But Kemanaro continues to roll. It is a ridiculous run. And we had the conversation he's on the last shore the one before that, about like how high should he go and how high should he be? It'll be really interesting to see what it looks like in the second half draft that we're going to be doing. But he continues to absolutely dominate. And I don't know, I mean, could he be one of those guys it's like five hundred homers before thirty? Like that would that that would put on theoretical record setting pace if it happens. It's tough to say, but it's like if your first you know, two big full seasons are you know, forty plus homers, Like if you keep that trajectory, like yeah, dull like by two in ten years or I guess he started like closer to twenty, you would be you know, pacing up to be like four fifty to you know, anywhere from four to five hundred. If he keeps that pace, which is almost impossible to do.
Speaker 3: It does seem like that's probably an impossibility, right like, because there's going to be injuries and I mean we might even have a shortened season next year, who knows.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it take away the greatness of a that's I always hate that take when when you have that thought of like a tawny imagine sitting out of season and taking away a full season from the generationally the best player that we're like ever going to see and.
Speaker 3: Game pulled away from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you had to call that, and that would be two seasons, two seasons, theoretical taking.
Speaker 3: Away best player to ever play. You know, Williams and a lot of players went to World War Two, so we had a lot of that as well. So we don't want this stuff. We just want baseball. You know, if it's World War three, we'll understand. But you know, if it's uh, if it's just the collective bargaining agreement, figure it the f out Yep, let's go.
Speaker 2: Don't want to hear about it. Paul Skeins got lit up a little bit, and it's starting to readse some questions because it's raising his era. He's got a three six two e RA through eighteen starts clearly the worst because the past two years he'd had to sub to e RA. His whip is over one for the first time. His expected era is actually still in line, by the way, it's like two seven to six. But something, something is off. He gave up seven earned runs to start. Before that, he gave up four earned runs. He had a couple of good ones in there, and then in May there was a couple five and four earned runs.
Speaker 3: He's on pace to give up twelve earned runs in the next game this time continues. If that four to seven, what the hell?
Speaker 2: But the walks are up as of recent that's the thing. I mean, I'm looking here. He's given up multiple walks in four of his last five games. And I guess the question is, I mean, you're getting a little snarky about it. You don't think there's anything whatsoever to care about with Paul Skin's downturn right now?
Speaker 3: I don't. I mean, because what is the downturn? A game of five innings and four and a tough game against Philly where he gave up seven He's still like the most he's walked in a game is three in any game right five.
Speaker 2: And a half percent walk rate, by the way, which.
Speaker 3: Is Yeah, twenty two walks in one hundred and nineteen strikeouts. So this to me, these last two starts, maybe he's getting tired, maybe you know, through the All Star break, maybe he's you know, not himself one hundred percent. But I think after the break he's probably gonna come back and be fine after a little bit of rest. So I'm not I understand, you know, you want to get on the warning signs early and all that stuff. I just don't think he's a true worry warning signs for Paul's scheme.
Speaker 2: So well, I think his velocity being down is a warning sign. It's down over a full mile per hour. He averaged ninety eight point two in his four seen last year. It's ninety seven, so that's over a full mile p hour. His sinker was ninety seven point six. It's ninety six point seven. It's roughly a full mile per hour. I think that's those are kind of concerning things. Is Slider's Slider's weird because it's he's throwing it harder, but he's throwing it like he doesn't really throw it a whole bunch. It's split finger, sweeper, sinker, change up and and forcing and both of the fastballs are down and if we go look like it's still got like I guess good, like relatively like positive run values. I want to look and see if characteristically there is there anything different like vertical drop, it's about the same horizontal drop it is down. And that's interesting because his arm angle is also up. It's a couple degrees, but he's sat at like this twenty three degree angle. It's up at twenty six. And the reason I throw the like that out a little bit where you can see actually now I want to look at the sinker because that's the thing I wanted to talk about, because I did do this a little bit on leading off. His sinker twenty two vertical, seventeen horizontal. The year before was twenty two, so that's about the same. And that's interesting because I was looking at his like plotted like heat maps, and something I did notice before I looked at the characteristics of like Earth statistically on the pitches, was his sinker looks different this year. His sinker is kind of all over the board. It's a little dead red, you know, it's a little like dead middle, but it's like you can see it's covering both corners. I don't know if he's trying to paint it more. It just looks. It looks very different than it did last year, where last year the characteristic was heavily plotted on the bottom left zone, like that is where he threw it. Now he's throwing it all over the place. Then you go and look and you go, oh, it just so happens that suckers getting banged around to sixty seven batting average against this year. It was only two twenty last year. It is a higher expected batting average and this is the most damning ninety two and a half average exit velocity against that is not only five miles an hour harder it's getting hit this year than last year. It is the number one hard to hit pitch against. And he's throwing it around. So I know you can hear all that in your life. But if you're looking for, like like an elite guy, like even saying you're worried doesn't mean like, oh, pole skins, Right, That's what I'm getting at. I am a little concerned because to me, this is either a couple of things. This is you know, getting tired, getting worn down. I think that's reasonable injury, which is a bigger thing an injury that you know, our angle has kind of changed. Maybe there's some uncomfortableness lingering, or there is a mechanical like problem, because like, if you are.
Speaker 3: Getting I just want to say, I don't think that's the mechanical thing.
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 3: Simply because his location plus is still second best in the bigs? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but his is down across the board. Go and look at his stuff plus location is fine, but okay, but the stuff overall is done, And that's what I'm getting at. His arm angle has changed, His sinker is all over the place, it's getting banged around, the v low is down.
Speaker 3: Like, so you are actually worried about schemes for the rest of the year.
Speaker 2: I'm right, there's something. Yeah, I don't this is not something I think should be just brushed off. But like, what's the application of that? That's the bigger question, because I think people trade. I think you're hearing that. Yeah, I think you're hearing me say that, and you're like, oh, so you're the worried guy. But it was like, yeah, I'm worried, but that doesn't mean I'm going to trade him for Max Meyer. But I think there is something off like, there's clearly something off. Velo's down, arm angles different, You're getting banged around. You don't have the location in your sinker, your stuff numbers, so the visual stuff and the numerical number that is attached to stuff, plus I'm fastball and everything, it's all down, So that is adequating to a pitch mix change. I don't I can't identify the one thing, but all of those pieces are creating some weird results. And if it's not injury and it's not like, you know, an exhaustion and getting worn out thing, then it's just like it's the life of a picture. You know, his pitch mix is off and he's a little bit off right now. So is he gonna be the number one overall pitcher in baseball? I don't know. I don't know what you guys do with it. Like if he's a three one era guy, we're holding him to a higher standard and we're like, oh, yeah he's down. That's still incredible and that's still amazing. And it doesn't mean I'm saying to get out from under. Maybe Paul Skins needs a little weekend with Libby Dunn or something and get stuff right and maybe get his head right, like those things can change. There's a whole second half to baseball, but he's shown a little bit more inconsistency this year. Velo is down. Stuff is down. That is something that should open your eyes. But like I can't tell people what to do with it because, like I said, Max Meyer or whatever, that doesn't make sense. But you know, if if you got like a Chase Burns and a hitter someone wanted to go for Paul Skins in a redraft like that stuff, I'm like, oh, maybe Chase Burns isn't the best example, by the way, but like you know what I'm getting at, Like, yeah, I'm open to being holding him to a slightly less of a standard if as in like I would move him or something like that. But yeah, I think there is something going on.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean I I get the v Los down and everything. I do wonder if this has happened in the past couple of seasons, Like before the break does he does he hit kind of a clunky wall, and then after the break he pushes through it. I don't remember.
Speaker 2: June of last year to two point zero five era with a sub one whip, and then in July he was even better. He was dude point six seven ERA, thirty six strikeouts in that month and five starts to just three walks. That is what he was last year pre All Star. He is a two point zero one ERA, and he was better in the second half with a one point eight nine He's elite also in twenty twenty four one point seven eight ERA in June one point point five to nine e R in July, he was better first half than second half. He has never had a June or July where there have been struggles. His struggles though, are a June where he had a three five eight e R A and a July that has one start and it's inflated. It's just an anomaly, so we don't it could just be a nothing burger, and you are safer with your elite of elite players to not make big, dramatic, drastic moves. But I think it's also fair to say there is there There are multiple key points that are are that that seem to be part of the cause. But like, how am I to be the one to say that he can't show because I don't know if it's an injury mechanical.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's it's a trend that you don't like. That's what we're pointing out right, Like, it's not, well.
Speaker 2: There are things it's a right friended like to me, it's not Okay, well, I mean, I mean, I guess I'm thinking of like I'm not just looking and being like, oh, his numbers are going down. I'm saying like there's a thing, there's a correlation velow down, and then there's another thing, and then there's another thing. So I found three or four things that I don't like that it's like, oh, this actually does make me think this is more than just an anomaly, like just a couple of bad starts. So that's like where I'm at it. But I truly am worthless in that. I just I don't know what to tell people to do with it, Like okay, well, well let's let's just press you. Would you be actively looking to move Paul Skins? I already said I'm not, like I wouldn't actively be looking to sell him. But if someone came a knocking with a really strong offer, I think going into the season, when you when you have Paul Skins and you've got that draft equity, you just don't even entertain anything because why he's so valuable, he's so consistent.
Speaker 3: I spent that draft pick on him for a reason.
Speaker 2: You're not. And that's not something that everybody has. Paul Skins in his short term career. The one thing he has held he doesn't blip. He rarely blips.
Speaker 3: But now never blips.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and now he's he's blipping a little bit. So active is not the right word, but you know, it's something.
Speaker 3: Right in front of everybody. What is he doing if.
Speaker 2: Someone was like Elie de la Cruz and like a good picture because they just you know, like a solid picture, like a median picture, like Parker Messick. Let's just say. I know that might sound crazy when you hear that, but that's the type of thing where it's like, yeah, I think I would take the downturn in pitching because of maybe some of the concerns for the upgrade and hitting. I don't know if I would actively want to trade schemes straight up for like a like a really good hitter.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that's that's so if you are trading schemes, it's probably because you hit on some of your later drafted pictures, right, Maybe you took Jase Burns. Also, maybe you took Drew Rasmussen and he's looking like an ace right now, you know what I mean. So if you are entertaining moving schemes, it's probably because you did a really good job at drafting pictures. You have Max Meyer, you know your closers are good. Maybe you picked up Foster Griff and you know what I mean, Like you just don't need schemes because you've done such a good job in pitching. That is the person that should be looking to possibly move schemes, and not for nothing. You know, this is a very specific shop that you have to do when you are looking to move a guy.
Speaker 2: This key is very specific. I agree. If anything, what I'm doing is I'm taking me personally, I'm because I have schemes in a keeper league. I'm taking this and I'm just I'm banking it and I'm I'm monitoring it, you know, because if this keeps happening, obviously the problem with that is like then the value kind of it doesn't deteriorate, but it just goes down just slightly. But I'm keeping this in the back of my head to be watching for ZLO keep going down. Do we keep seeing shape issues and stuff like that I'm just putting a sign out there that I think there's a couple pieces, a couple markers that are telling you like something is off. But super talented players could fix this stuff, and this is what we do, you know, and he might have a record setting second half and that can happen. Another guy that I've been the minute I turned the corner on, he turned the corner. I think, I think you can see when I started to turning the corner. It was right around June fifth, and Roki Sazaki has proceeded to give up seven, three, three and six. He has only gone five once in those two starts. Falling Apart, had a five five seven June era. This this last start with six or in runs, gave up three homers, struck out only three. Just when I thought Roki Sazaki was turning around. Absolute fool me. His his whip is one four. It's awful. He's expected era is almost five. He's getting banged around, and I got a smarten up. So I'm gonna get out of that business like I got fooled for a little small period of time. And he's making a good case. When the glass now and snelling all them come back that it might not be she and that it's gonna be Roky Sazaki that isn't going to kick out of this rotation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, this is tough because it did look like he had turned the corner. I think, you know, he gave up six in his second start on the fifth of April, and after that he didn't give up more than four earned runs until June twelfth, where he gave up seven and he was rocked. Then look like maybe he's getting back on track against Baltimore with only three earned runs, one walk and six strikeouts, but then five walks against the Padres and three earned runs and he can only get through four. And then the disaster last night where Machado hit that two or three run shot off of him in the first inning and it was just downhill after that. So I'm with you, Rokie is just rough right now. He just does not corn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he just doesn't have that like this is a weird thing. But they're always showing and maybe it's a little dramatic. They're always showing him like crying or whatever he does. He doesn't seem like he has like like the I don't want to I want to say this.
Speaker 3: Right intestinal fortitude.
Speaker 2: Is that what you're about to say, Yeah, I kind of want to be like the mental forming man. But it's more of like you know how baseball players of those short memories, they can move on, they can get out of it. Like I think that guy gets in his head. A lot is in his head, and then when one mistake happens, then it's just it's it's gonna tail spin. I think he tailspins really really quick, and that's gonna take some time or whatever. But I'm out of that business for this year. I don't know if you saw this at all. I just thought this is an interesting discourse. But Mizowski had a solid start yesterday because there was this ball that ended up being like a called an error and it erased like three earned runs. But I saw people getting pretty pissed off about this because this bad call on an error A lot we're saying this could have cost anyone else the Cy Young Award, because had he given up foreign runs that would have been you know, attached to his you know, his numbers and stuff that he would have given up in this start. Five earned runs probably pushes his er or I don't know what the physical number would have been a little bit closer to two, but that this could have been one of those markers that could have saved or this was like a little bit of, you know, a little extra push in favor of Misowski as someone that has all the cy young favor to him. I didn't think that, but I just thought that was interesting.
Speaker 3: I know MLB wants to promote their young players and everything, but I don't. I just don't really see malice in this. Like, if it's a wrong call, it's a wrong call. There's wrong calls in every game, I feel like, So I'm not I who cares, right, Like, at the end of the year, At the end of the year, if it's five earned runs and that is a big major difference, people are going to point to it. Guess what they'll point to it then, So I'm not who cares honestly.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And actually, when you type in the better.
Speaker 3: Conspiracy theory to get behind in this one is what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of them. A lot of people are doing like, hmm, what's going on here? Like it was, uh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I guess I read every mistake needs the X files music? Is that what it is?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I don't know. I think it's kind of silly. But what is interesting is if the race is super close at the end and like Mizerowski barely slightly takes it, and maybe like what if Chris Sanchez and him were within like point zero five or something eer that that's in the fun conspiracy will come out, so we'll be on the lookout for that. And the Cubs the other day scored a touch three touchdowns, a field goal with a missed extra point as they won twenty three to three. I think it was tying the team record. They had eight homers. Bush Suzuki, Pca Conforto, and dance By Swanson had three homers in the game. I have done this multiple time, so apologies, but I did this in leading off. Did you know that Dansby Swanson has got forty percent of his RBIs in only four games this whole year? He has two games of seven plus RBI because he had eight in this one, and then the seven he had back to back or sandwich between were four rbi is. So four games have accounted for forty percent of his RBI production. He's got people in kind of a tailspin of like, oh my god, do we need to own he's only hitting two ten. That's the other weird part. He does seem to be maybe slightly turning a corner because he hit like two sixty in June, so our two forty nine, actually I think it was so he is turning a corner. But he has been a he's really been the biggest piece of conversation around that insane output, even though like PCA is still you know, almost looking like an MVP candidate, but a huge, huge output. They obliterated Walker, Buller gave up like nine runs and then whoever.
Speaker 3: The other guy Lard had like five decent s arts in a row or forty these and starts in a row in the last two. He's just not shelled.
Speaker 2: I had put him on the you know we do those short form videos on Fantasy Pros. We were going to do a Baseball the Pitcher one, and I did my sheets early and I put him on it the day he pitched. And then when he got obliterated, I was like, whoop, delete, delete, delete, like I was going to talk about him, and then thank god that happened before because he got annihilated.
Speaker 3: But let me ask you, Danceby's numbers are awful this year. By the way, his xba's two.
Speaker 2: Twelve, So you're not You're not going to buy any That's what I was going to ask you. It was like, are you a pickup of Dance by Swans and two tenses?
Speaker 3: Numbers aren't terrible. It's nice to be in a good lineup, right, you know, fifty five runs, fifty seven RBI sixteen ten, these are good numbers. But that batting average is just going to drag you down so much. So I'd have to be pretty desperate or be really like way ahead in average in a rodeo, or not having average problems. And it had to head to add danceby Swans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he u two forty seven was the number he hit in June, so it had been abysmal before that outside of those slight little, you know, crazy big outputs, but you know, starting to turn the corner. If you've got a two forty dance be Swanse and I think you can live with him. I could. I could see where you might have some bad options and like a deep twelve man that you can maybe consider him anything deeper, Like sure, I have. I just haven't seen anything compelling where someone's been like, would you pick up dance Bey for this guy? And I'm like, well, no, dug Like it's always just two loser guys. So it's like, sure, pick up Danceby.
Speaker 3: He's hot right now, you're not really yeah, you're not really adding dance By off the wire. He's eighty two percent rostered even Yahoo, right, so like you would have to trade for dance By. That's my thing is like what the hell am I gonna do? Why am I trading for Danceby? Like that is my my ultimate question.
Speaker 2: We had, I mean no less than like ten questions about picking up Dansby swansa.
Speaker 3: Cubs fans man, I'm not doing it when he's hitting two ten his xba's to twelve, right, Like, I'm just not doing that.
Speaker 2: Uh, Swanson sixty four percent between ESPN and Yahoo, So maybe Yahoo's carrying the weight that's still not as available as people making it out to be. See, you know, and you know what I didn't pick up on I should have. The people that are asking that question, I would bet you seventy five to eighty five percent are ten team leaguers. And that's where it's like, I don't know, guys like if you're in a ten team, he is not justified to be owned. But if you are just burning and churning losers, sure go pick him up for a couple of days. You're gonna drop him when he goes, you know, oh, for sixteen over four games, and then you're gonna then he's gonna have his big output. But I didn't. I'm glad you said that, because, like we saw so many questions of it, ownership doesn't make sense. And then it's like, oh, it's the team.
Speaker 3: He's still he is still even with two ten as his average, the fourth ranked shortstop of course to Yahoo and the counting stats, because Nedo is hitting two twenty five right, And then after Neto you get Xavier Edwards who's hitting three zero one but only has six homers and thirteen stolen bases. You have Ellie, who missed a big grip of time, so his numbers aren't quite there yet. Mcgonagall's below him somehow because of the RBI only thirty one for him, so you know, he's still ranks high up here. But if you have any issue with batting average, you cannot go and acquire dance Dancy Swans and you just can't do it.
Speaker 2: He's a weird one, all right. Some of the injuries that were floating out there. Julia Rodriguez in Just the Weird News, Hulio Rodriguez concussion protocol after getting hit with a throw. Hopefully it's not one of those bad concussions that put you on the il for an extended period of time, you know. But he is a second half guy, so it's nothing damning. What is damning though, and is officially we don't have to speculate anymore a lost season Brent Rooker because he has done for the year after having surgery repair cartilage, a cartilage tear that was in his knee. So season got went from bad to worse to worst possible scenario that you could have, and he is out for the year. The question is is, like, once healthy, do you think you're gonna buy back in. He's gonna be trippy because he did nothing the whole year. He never made a case for turning it around. Then he got hurt. Everyone's gonna have You're gonna have to live off of twenty twenty five to justify him if he's going.
Speaker 3: High at twenty four, I mean, yeah, or twenty twenty twenty four his season. You said you're gonna have to live off of twenty twenty five if that's where you're going, But you meant twenty twenty four like to draft him next year?
Speaker 2: No, I meant you happy to live off of the twenty twenty five season where he hit thirty homers in six and had six and he was drafted in the third round because this is the twenty twenty six season that was trashed. So next year, twenty twenty seven, you're gonna have to be like, you know, well, he was a thirty home run hitter in twenty twenty five, and da da dad, he was a total regression guy. My guestimation, what was he like? Call him like forty overall this year? Just as an average. I will guess Rooker is gonna be between ninety and one twenty next year.
Speaker 3: That's I'm gonna love that.
Speaker 2: People, You're gonna love that.
Speaker 3: I think. So, you know, as long as he looks good in spring training, if we have spring training and it's normal off season and all that, right, but as long as he looks good before the season, I think I'm gonna be okay. Because you know, knee terear is not forever, especially in baseball.
Speaker 2: So oh yeah, this isn't about the injury for me. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I think I think he's gonna be fine, And I think this year he was obviously dogged by it the entire season that he played. So it was pretty obvious that he was hurt before he went on the il the first time, and it was pretty clear when he came off of it he wasn't ready to come off of it. So I think he was just hurt the whole year. So I'm pretty much trashing twenty six for Rooker, and I'm gonna enjoy that discount. Next year.
Speaker 2: I will need a good discount. But if it's outside the top one hundred, I'll probably buy, probably will, And I think he's gonna toe that line, you know, because he's gonna be like thirty two years old. He'll have recovered.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: He does have a history that maybe this is just the season we wash off. If he's going in the sixties or seventies, I'm probably no, I'm not probably, I will be out. I will be one hundred percent out, not interested. But if it's outside the top one hundred, it's probably gonna be too too interesting. Too enticing for me for the thirty plus homers, especially if he does actually turn it around. Aaron Judge is a couple of weeks away from his follow up imaging where there has been nothing, no good news, no nothing news. So this says late July to me, that's not an ETA, because if he's let's say two weeks away, that's gonna put you at almost the back end of July and the All Star break. He has not then started any program or anything, which he's gonna have to do. So the early I guess ETA to me is the only likely scenario with by the way I would throw out, if the imaging is just like Bland or something like that, it could be till September. He'll be back knock on wood. But I am not optimistic. I don't think there's any world where you see him in July in this point unless they move up the imaging. But that's where we're at with the Aaron Judge stuff. If someone is throwing an Aaron Judge off of your way and it's not a real discount, you know, you know what a real discount would look like, right, It's like they'll send you Aaron Judge. But you have to give up. Let me just do like a quick scan. You've got to give up sal Stewart and Drew Rasmussen. Maybe that is, by the way, but that's the top ten picture and.
Speaker 3: Salst and Drew Rasmus. It doesn't sound.
Speaker 2: Bad, Bryce Harper and Drew Rasmussen.
Speaker 3: I'm doing that.
Speaker 2: You're trading though, You're trading the judge. Yeah, no, you're no.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is to get judge. No, I don't want judge.
Speaker 2: What about the other trade, the first one? I said, you have to give up ras Musen and Uhart.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's that one determined, So you're not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I look it, you know it. Really it's the follow up imaging that is bothering me here, not the once. The imaging is good. I don't think he's gonna miss much longer than two more weeks, right, because hitters ramp up way faster than pictures. You don't have to build a pitch count or anything. It's got to get your timing right and all that. So, uh and they need his back. They've lost seven in a row. So I think that if this imaging is fine, I'm okay trading for him, But I don't want to mess with Judge until we get this imaging back, and no, get a real e TA Like you said, this isn't an actual real ETA right late July. That is an assumption that the imaging is good. That is when the earliest he'd be able to come back is late July as well, so it's probably early to mid August. And at that point, you know, give me my month with those other two players.
Speaker 2: So if someone wanted Kevin McGonagall for Judge, straight up, you're Kevin McGonagall right now.
Speaker 3: I don't think for one player. No, i'd have to get something beyond Kevin McGonagall.
Speaker 2: No, No, you're trading McGonagall away to get Judge.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, i'd probably do that.
Speaker 2: You would trade McGonagall to get right now.
Speaker 3: You would take that rusk one for one. I think I would take that risk, especially if someone loser like dance By Swanson's on my wire pick up Dansby Swanson.
Speaker 2: That's interesting. Yeah, all right. Ronald Couoney is now expected back. Is not expected back until after the All Star break, but apparently he went through some full pregame workouts like on Tuesday or something, so that's a good sign.
Speaker 3: But this is the handling with kid gloves finally.
Speaker 2: Absolutely smart move. Let him have the extra break and time and all that type of stuff. So him coming back at that period of time is Mookie Betts was scratch from the lineup on Wednesday hit some wrist soreness, some right wrist soreness. Also with the Dodgers, Will Smith is going to be out until after the All Star break. So more Dalton rushing.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no show, Hey, no not d.
Speaker 2: Did you see Mookie's podcast? He had Max Munsey on and they were talking about like that whole situation of like them going and they said they were like they were like two kids in a candy store, probably similar to how I am when I see like weird industry news and I get all excited. Was like that when he saw that whole situation, that.
Speaker 3: Meme of like the one dude just beating on the other dude and the guy in the background on the ground with the camera, that's like that would be you. Yeah, You're you're the camera guy for sure.
Speaker 2: Byron Bucks and has missed three state games with a hip and pingement like that. Good news. Hunter Green's canna be activated and he's gonna start on Saturday, so huge news in those streets. Max Freed feel like we hadn't hurt anything on recently. He's gonna throw BP on Sunday into a lie is the theoretical e t A. I imagine how this session throwing it goes is going to be really important. Then that sets up to, you know, to like a rehab stint and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: And getting everybody off the wire, off the I l here the.
Speaker 2: Yankees for real, and they're still going. Dude, they're still like number two or something in baseball, and you know, run differential and everything like that. There are four games behind the Rays. Though they did they did crop, they did drop that down. That's why, dude, I think they should be aggressive in the trade market. But I already had this conversational leading off. We had some more activations Tasker Hernandez, Liam Hicks, Emilio Pagan, Noah Schulz, Dean Krimmer. I think the most interesting ones are the first three. Emilia Pagan probably goes back in with Staves. Liam Hicks has been serviceable. Tasker Hernandez.
Speaker 3: You know, I think the trade for a closer too.
Speaker 2: By the way, that clue they've needed to trade for Chapman all season long. Jeremy Pania to the IL, Corey Segert to the I L, Jacob Wilson to the i L. That's why people are talking about Dancys and bugs because also commonly early and Matt Chapman s has some serious IL hits there, right.
Speaker 3: Jacob Wilson just an injury prone player at this point.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think he's activated that yet, but I think that's something that should be more accounted for on top of his lack of like really great counting stats. You know, everyone's like I got to own him and I got to have him, and blah blah blah. And it's just like I.
Speaker 3: Think by everyone you met me in the preseason, but.
Speaker 2: It was just you lots of people like he's just he's got that slight, little Luisa Rice thing to him, like it is enticing, and he did. I saw in spring training he was trying to pull the ball a little bit more, it seemed like, and then that failed at the beginning of this year, and then I think he kind of went back to that I'm going to hit across my body, so I hit for average, which is important.
Speaker 3: Because walk rate is down, his strikeout rate is up. He's hitting two seventy seven instead of over three hundred four homers and two RBI and fifty games. And I think this is this is at least his second d L stint, right, didn't he or I L stent or maybe he just missed games before because he's only played fifty.
Speaker 2: No, I want to say this is his second. I think you're right about that.
Speaker 3: And one hundred and twenty five games last year, only twenty eight the year.
Speaker 2: Before, So it's not great. Ryan Halsey's having tests for a sore elbow, so fire up your Garcias or Canoes for some save opportunities. Logan Henderson is going to be gonna rehab start today actually and then should be activated before the All Star break. That should take out Shane Drohan And I don't know. As long as I'm trade for anybody, he's probably good. So he's a decent speculative pickup. Last two things. Ryan Mcmahonager Grisham activated on Friday, so there's some good Yankee news, I suppose. And then Brandon Nemo underwent an MRI for a sprained shoulder on Tuesday didn't play on Wednesday, assuming.
Speaker 3: I didn't see you played yesterday.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I want to say this was going to lead to an il thing. Let's look on Thursday, he did not play. Yeah, he has not been playing, and they haven't made a move yet, so I mean, I guess that's a good sign. But maybe there's a retroactive move that's coming in. All right, there you go. That is the setup leading us to some player debates. Boggins. Put some player debates together here, and I will let him these are his so he can present them instead of me, and I will do the first reaction. So player debate time coming up on it.
Speaker 3: The Snowsberry's taste like Snosberry's freaking out. You are freaking out, man, glittering and glittering and.
Speaker 2: Glittering and smoking in this league. Break it down player debates. We've got some hitters. It looks like we've got we got at least one picture one here, bog So why don't you set the stage? It's player versus player. What's the time frame? It looks like these might all be season long st These.
Speaker 3: Are season longer? Yeah, cool? The first one because I only use the month long if we're talking if like if I'm trying to make you guess who these players are. Sure, So for player debates, Peede Alonso versus South Stewart is the first one. And Alonso just to give you his numbers, and this is from I believe Wednesday night, So I might be a couple off on some of these. But fifty three runs, nineteen homers, fifty nine RBI, two swipes and a two forty nine average. That's for Pee Alonso. Salthstuart forty five runs, sixteen homers, fifty nine RBIs for the same eleven stolen bases any sitting better at two fifty seven. So you know, Pee Alonso obviously has a longer track record, but salth Stuart is having a better season I would say overall, with more solen bases and a better batting average. So who do you like for the rest of the season, mister Welsh, Pee Alonzo over South Stuart.
Speaker 2: This one is tough. I want to say pe de Alonzo because the hitting profile is still there despite whatever we're calling struggles and stuff. He hasn't expected batting average of two sixty nine that is over twenty points higher than where he's at. Despite he is still hitting nineteen home or so so and also like Barrel is down from last year, but it still looks good. Hard hit rate looks absolutely elite. He's walking a little bit more, he's getting the ball in the air, He's doing this stuff. He's pulling the ball a little bit less.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 2: The thing about this is, so I guess what I'm saying is like, he looks like he's going to be a thirty five maybe forty home run guy with even a two fifty two to sixty average. So I have to determine is that more valuable than Sal Stewart, who I think might be a thirty twenty guy. And his expected batting average is right in line where where he's at. So let's just assume for a second, because he has a profile that I think sustains fifteen percent, Barrel gets a ball in the air, he isn't pulling it, which is kind of weird, and the hard hits down. But he's in a really hit or friendly part of Paul Park. So is a two point fifty thirty twenty better than a two sixty thirty five with let's presume more RBI in runs in favor of Alonso but we're going to see significantly more stolen bases. I think it's a little subjective and I can't believe I'm gonna say it, but I think I'm gonna say Sal Stewart. I took Sal Stewart over Fernando Tatis Junior earlier this year. I think that's still right. Stewart has done a decent job of having like these bounce backs where he had this like kind of poor April, then you know, May was okay. But he's increased to thirty five to forty two, forty eighties, two fifty in July. Right now, I think he might be a little susceptible to more downswings, which could hurt me here. But I feel like, like that stolen base number. You know, he's got sixty rbi, by the way, that's third in the NL. Like I we're discounting that too. What if he's an eighty five run, one hundred rbi thirty twenty with a two fifty average, that's a two round player. If Peet Alonso is not, you know, even if he goes one hundred hundred with a two sixty and thirty five homers, Like, I think those guys are close. I just think that the floor with the stolen bases is going to help. And sal Stewart is not evened into hitting at home by the way, He's only hitting like two. He's hitting worse at home than on the road. So yeah, I did not think I was going to say that, but I'm going to go with sal Stewart on this one box and it is Razor razor thin close.
Speaker 3: I I think I'm gonna go the opposite way, which is not great for our first debate Pee Alonso. Yeah, I mean in South Stewart. And the reason I picked this one is because I was probably a little dismissive of Salz Stuart's hot start, and he's been really good. And this is kind of why I wanted to press, you know, because Peter Alonso is one of your upper excelon first basemen. Yeah, two eighty one for salth Stewart the first month and then two forty two forty eight in only two games this month, so who cares, But uh, you know, closer to two fifty. Pee Alonso has the opposite to start one ninety eight and then two seventy seven with seven homers in May and two seventy eight with eight Homers in June. So I just think that Pee Alonso has settled in here. I think the power for him absolutely plays. I do think that there's a possibility, like there's definitely more upside and more downside for salth Sort. So I'm just playing for floor, and the floor is really good with Pete Alonzo. I can give that in the past before and like I said, that first month really was bad for him in the next two months, but there there's savant pages are you know, Alonzo's looks a little better, but not by it a whole lot. So they're both really good options here. But and I wanted to admit that I was probably wrong about salth Sort about a month ago, but I would still take Petolanzo over him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I don't I have no issue if someone just said, like it's clearly Peter Alonzo, like, yeah, I think he has established the floor, he owns the floor. It's elite Homers. We have to give him that type of credit and stuff. It's and I'm taking more of a risk. It's just that like RBIs could be a wash, Runs could be a wash. Homers could go slightly in favor of Tucker or even maybe a little bit more, but the stolen bases are so dramatically in For Sal Stewart, I think what my real risk is there is the batting average department, because if that batting average does deteriorate, then it's gonna be a problem. It's gonna affect everything else, and he's gonna become a lot less fantasy worthy. Where we just know pe Alonso is going to be a two fifty to two seventy guy with thirty five to forty homer like we just fifty homers is you know, potentially in tow but that right handed hitter side for in Baltimore is less hit or friendly. But he's just he's just such a good floor play. I'm just playing the ceiling play with more risk that I think. You know, you look at any player Raider. If if how I broke it out happens, I think Sal Stewart's gonna he will rank above pet Alonso and all of those. But it's a good one.
Speaker 3: How about this outfielder one, This one's gonna hurt Sam Antonacci versus Kyle Tucker. Now they're three hits different. Kyle Tucker has seventy hits. Antonaci has sixty seven. That's in two hundred ninety three abs for Tucker versus two hundred and twenty seven for Antonaci. So the difference is in two ninety five and two thirty nine batting average in Antonachi's favor. The runs are right in line, forty four for Antonacci, forty seven for Tucker, five homers for Antonacci, seven for Tucker, twenty three versus forty four. That's the big difference. Tucker leads an RBI by a ton, but only six swipes for Tucker and eleven for Antonaci. This one, probably on its surface, seems silly, but Antonaci's had a great year and Tucker has been so far down. Well, she what do we think about this? Am I way too far off? By pitting these two next to each other.
Speaker 2: Uh Now, I thinkues this is a good conversation. I think the names you picked, no human being is going to say, Sam Antonaci. I just think you picked too far off of God. I think that like this doesn't work on surface level, because like I'm not going to accept the trade to trade Mike Kyle Tucker for Sam Antonai.
Speaker 3: I won't hit that but that but that's just because of investment.
Speaker 2: It's not Jack, No, No, it's not just because of investment, like the well, because the thing I was going to say is like, yeah, this track record, that's the thing. Like this year looks like the anomaly of Kyle Tucker because he's coming off of five straight seasons of double digit barrel percentages forty to forty seven percent hard hit rates, and those have decreased dramatically. He's got a five and a half percent barrel rate this year. Hard hit rate is under forty percent right now. His strikeout rate is the worst it's been since twenty twenty and stuff. But he's still getting the ball in the air. He's still you know, pulling the ball. He's got expected batting average that's better than where it's currently at. It's the most incredible lineup in baseball and stuff like that. So like it does feel like it's like a really weird anomaly going on with him. But let's not deny that he doesn't stink right now, Like he does stink and he is hitting only two fourteen at home, So what the hell is that about? But like the track record is like I wouldn't make that true, But what I think is interesting is you've made a case for a player that is performing at a relatively similar clip, Like, do this for me, what is the Yahoo rank between these two players right now? Okay, because, like I, this has to be in the favor in favor of Antonaci. And to the point, you've put together a lot of stuff that is close. The RBI is one you can't dismiss. I think that might be the one of the bigger problems. It's like, well, hey, Antonaci is just not like a guy that has sixty five RBI. You can't make the case that he's going to be better than a guy that that pernally goes for like one hundred hundred. But like, is he performing at eighty five percent of what Kyle Tucker on a decent Kyle Tucker season can he is? And I think these guys are close, And I think Points League people could make a bigger case that Antonaci's a strikeout rate and hits and he's expected batting average is better than his average. You know, like that he could be a bigger play, but he is just missing. He's missing the RBI front in favor of a few more stolen bases. But how different are they in Player.
Speaker 3: Raider only twenty spots. Kyle Tucker's ahead one thirty nine to one fifty nine.
Speaker 2: See and now think about that for a second. That's this version of kind of crappy Kyle Tucker. So that's why, like, you're just not gonna get there with Antonaci.
Speaker 3: Kyle Tucker has been moved down to seven in the batting order in the last couple of days. He's still has hit like yesterday he hits six. The day before he hit five, but he's been down at seven. He's been down at six a lot like they're moving him down in the order too, which is kind of not something you want to see, right, And Antonosti's is not gonna have the RBI because he usually hits one. Now he either hits one or nine, eight or seven. There's not a lot of wiggle room there for Antonacci. But you're right, it's definitely gonna be Kyle Tucker. But I think I think you are correct also in a points league. I think in points league, the the answer is probably Antonachi.
Speaker 2: I think you can make very specific Yeah, I think you could take the name brand of now. Now here's the more interesting way to approach this, then, is could you trade Kyle Tucker to get Antonachi plus and then is that worth it? And that's where now you've put an argument in if you're getting Sam Antonachi because this might sound just weird to people to hear like you're trading off of Kyle Tucker or what do I trade Kyle Tucker for? Well, this might have uncovered it. Go and get me Justin Robleski and Sam Antonaci, Like do you do that? Do you trade Kyle Tucker to get Robleski and Antonaci?
Speaker 3: If I need a starter, I think I'm doing that, especially if if I'm okay at your right, especially if I'm okay at the outfield spot and specifically with power right, if I'm low on sol and bases and runs and that's what I need and I can get a picture plus trade this, you know, dying elk off on my back in Kyle Tucker's terrible year this year, I think I'm probably doing that.
Speaker 2: How about Nolan McClain. He's had a little downturn that nets are bad right now. He's not in the same range like area is, like Chase Burns and stuff McLean and Antonacci for Kyle Tucker. I like that's the type. That's the type of thing I'm doing, and I think that's a good approach to it. All right, So we both at Kyle Tucker. But that's the approach for Antonacci.
Speaker 3: The next one is Coolson Montgomery, who is hitting two twenty one. He has forty forty runs, twenty one homers, forty nine rbi, and one swipe versus Gunner Henderson, who is hitting two twenty seven forty nine runs, so nine more, sixteen homers, five fewer, thirty nine rbi, ten fewer, but six to on basis, which is five more. So Coolson Montgomery versus Gunner Henderson, Well she is. It's just too easy Gunner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he did the same thing. I think it's almost the exact same story you did with the Kyle Tucker one. Coolson Montgomery is cool, he's lots of homers. I think he's being underrated. But on a surface level, well, you're just not going to trade a first round pick who's performing similarly as this other player for that player, Like that's that's what I'm getting. You can't trade that type of value. I still believe in Gunner, and I think some things are going to turn. I think and I think the same discussion happens in that, Like, if you want to trade Gunner, who do I target If you could get a Montgomery plus, That's kind of where I'm going Montgomery's profile. I mean, he could be a by the way, he could be a forty home run hitter at shortstop. But the batting average stinks, the XBA is worse. The strikeout rage, Oh yeah, he hits the ball hard, he barrels, he pulls the crap out of it. You you kind of love it, but he can't. He's not hitting fastballs well. And I think that, like if he was hitting like two eighty against fastballs and the other stuff was struggling, I'd be like, this is like two twenty three against fastballs and the XBA is worse two eight against breaking pitches. Xba's worse. It's all speed stuff. So like, I just don't think that's the type of guy that I'm trying to move off of, especially when the player I have steals more bases, way higher equity, and it's just performing the same. So this is just easily. This one is actually easier than the other one because you're not You didn't give me a guy in Montgomery that's hitting.
Speaker 3: Like two two eighty with these just got a lot of Montgomery has such a weird profile too, dude, Like ninety eight. He's in the ninety eight percentile in barrel, but in the bottom two percentile of whiffing, right, So, like, when he hits it, it goes far obviously in twenty one homers, but he is whiffing so much. He's like the Adam Dunn of shortstops right now. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm gonna go with Gunner pretty much on every ring here.
Speaker 3: Like, I are you less likely to do one of those moves where you trade Gunner and you get Montgomery plus than you would with Tucker versus Antonaci.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I mean, listen, I guess if somebody else I'm.
Speaker 3: Less likely to do the shortstop one than I am the outfielder one.
Speaker 2: If someone paired Montgomery with something nice. But my problem is is, like they're not going to again. These are two guys that are performing at it. They're both hitting under two thirty, you know, so it's like no one's going to be like, well, I'll give you Colson and I'll give you you know, it's.
Speaker 3: Just not going to be enough whatever the tack on is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're not going to be like, I'll also give you Evaldi or you know, Foster Griffin. Like I think they're just going to be like, well, I'll give you Montgomery and then you know, you could have Ryan Weathers or Spencer Arraghetty or something like that. And it's just like, if you want to do that, I guess you can. If it's a deep, deep league. I would just rather if I have to make my bet, I'm gonna make my bet on Gunner Henderson. But that bet could be wrong, by the way, long term, just because he's not found a really great way to turn things around. His batting average is kind of sinking a little bit, but it's too straight of hitting two seventy five. Plus, he is having slight upticks every single month. His batting average has been higher than the previous one ninety in March to eighteen in April, two twenty five, in May, two forty five in June. Obviously it's very early in July, but he is technically hitting two fifty, so I'm easily gonna side I'm gonna Henderson here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't realize that Coles Montgomery hit one eighty six in June.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's unfortunately his thing, like people want to buy in. And if he was a two forty five hitter two fifty and he would be forty five plus homers, we would be talking about him probably in the second or third it'd be like a uh kosh Hoarber, you know, and then he might be the kash Horber shortstops long term two.
Speaker 3: We'll see, uh the third baseman one here Kaza Kamoto versus Alex Bragman. This one, this one, there's no denying that. Uh, there's a difference here forty four runs verus forty one nineteen homers though for Rakamoto, verse seven Megman twenty four more RBI for Akamodo, fifty four to thirty zero stole bases for Akamoto, two for Bregman. And they're both hitting two forty on the nose. So you know, Bregman obviously, like we said, you know, a big preseason by Akamoto, not so much. But this one is a Kamoto is well out performing Alex Bregman right now.
Speaker 2: Hmm, Yeah, I don't know. This is this is almost a pass one. So the quick here's a good quick answer for one of them is at points league. It's just still gonna be Bregman because Bregman still got that profile of like not striking out, and you know, he's walking a bunch. Things don't look as great. His xba's down a little bit, but it's a little bit better than where he's at. He's barreling less, he's hitting the ball less hard. You know, that stuff sucks. He's also, by the way, hitting like two o eight at home this year. That really sucks. Here's another weird one though a Kamoto is hitting only maybe it's not that weird, but he's in two oh seven on the road. But he's been an absolute homer demon and he's on the opposite and he strikes out like crazy. The reason I'm ooing and ayeing because I think if you look and you're just like, why are you owing an eye? It's nineteen homers from Okamo Akamoto. That's gonna be my answer because I think Bregman is empty Gregman, even if he turns it around, he sucks at home. He has not been able to find any He doesn't have a profile that screams there's gonna be big out power outputs. We know he kind of like can We've seen some history of it, but you know, ten homers, the rest of the way is like a tall ask. He doesn't steal bases that you know, maybe there's RBI and run opportunities. I'm taking on risk when I do that, though, because Acamoda also could fall the hell apart because they're breakout rates sucks. His XBA sucks. It's two twenty two. It's worse but great hard hit, he's barreling, pulls a living crap out of the ball. He has been able to kind of maintain the average, but I think there's a lot of risk worries, but I think the risk doesn't matter because Bregman is just not that good. So that's why I would take Alkamoto.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and a Kamodo to eighteen in April, two ten in May, but two eighty six in June with seven homers. I mean, the Homers haven't batted five, seven and seven, right, so he just added way more singles in June. So but I'll take him man higher average for Rakamoto, he's playing better, he's in a good lineup, obviously hitting while at home, and Bregman just seems lost right now. So I do think this one's kind of easy. Now is this the bat signal of, Look, if you can trade Bregman to any of your Cubs fans in your league or something to get a pitcher or whatever, are you trying to do that.
Speaker 2: I don't think he has value.
Speaker 3: I do not.
Speaker 2: I don't think he had I mean, if someone wants to pay for him, great. I think you need Bregman to catch a little bit fire, and I think I think.
Speaker 3: That have really hot two weeks coming off the break or something. Then you have to have the discipline to not be like, oh, here we go. You gotta have the discipline to be like, I gotta get out now. And that's that's how I would approach Pregnant. Yeah, there's not not a lot on third base to go replace him, so you know, you got to make sure you have another third baseman. So yeah, all right. Last one, Casey Mys versus read Debtmers. This one's a little different because, uh, you know, maz only has sixty five innings, but he also has three wins, which matches Debtmers because Deptmers plays for the Angels. Sixty eight strikeouts in those sixty five innings, two sixty three ra and a point ninety seven whip. Debtmer's ninety nine point two innings also only the three wins, but one hundred and twelve strikeouts, three point eight eight ERA, which is about one point two five higher, and a one point oh six whip, which isn't that bad. But uh, it was actually really good. But it just doesn't match Casey Mice a point ninety seven. Mice obviously doesn't have the innings, but he has looked better recently. So, oh, we both kind of expect Deptmers to move, you know, in the trade deadline. It would be very smart for the Angels to take advantage of his good season and get to a better team that'll get him more wins. So does that, But Casey Mees has been great recently. So what are your thoughts on MAZ for Stepmers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's something I want to take a look at, because I think I said this the other day. Casey Mice is the Luis Garcia of pitchers in that he has quietly just had a bonker season, Like it's actually shocking. He's got a two six three ERA better than Debtmers. His expected ERA is better than Debtmers at two eight two. It goes along with a twenty six point nine percent K percentage and a five percent walk rate. And I don't believe the K percentage is but yeah, twenty seven point six for Debtmers, seven point six for Debtmer's walk rates. So Debtmers between those four stats only has a higher K percentage, but it's not by a lot. And Detmars has just seen improvements. What I want to look at real quick before I answer this, well, I'll give you the answer. My answer I think is still debt MERSK and I think that could be wrong, by the way, but I I've kind of held on to Debtmers because of the elite strike stuff. He did have a little blip where to be fair, mis, I don't even think has had any real blippy. He had one blippy game in April. Since then, yeah, it's well, I mean Yankees, he gave up four, but he struck out six. Like I think he's been good and but there's a little bit of injury history. But I'm gonna go with Debtmer's long term. But I want to look at the stuff. So the stuff numbers. Here's red Debtmers. Every single pitch, the five pitches he throws has one hundred or of better stuff plus. His fastball is one oh three, but that is down from the previous year. Sinkers one hundred down from the previous year, but it's still there. Sliders won ten down from previous year, curveball one o two the same, and his change up though is improved from one oh two to ninety five. Interestingly enough, though all of his his overall stuff plus location, pitching plus, they are down from last year, but now the results are there. So that's one of those things where like like his stuff location and plus and pitching plus numbers or absurd last year, you would think this is an elite pitcher didn't get there, but then it got here this year, So just maybe like a future forecast. Last year one fifteen stuff plus one eleven location and one twenty three pitching plus holy crap, but he wasn't good last year. This year one oh five stuff plus one oh eight location, one ten pitching still good. But you can't get hung up on the downs from last year because they're all still really good. So that's my case on debt meers on casey myiz fastball, he has five pitches as well, only one is one hundred or higher. Fastball is one hundred versus ninety seven last year. His sinker is down ninety three from one hundred. His I think this is his splitter eighty seven ninety five last year, sliders a seventy eight. It sucks, and his curveball is an eighty nine one oh three last year. His stuff plus is down to a ninety. His location is one oh seven, and his pitching plus is ninety eight. Everything is down except the location. A could be a little bit of marker to knock on stuff plus when a guy is a two adra and everything looks like it sucks, But it's also potentially telling us the story of a guy that is a little bit more overperforming than even what expected numbers are putting out there. He's making the best of those pitches, which he is clearly locating better than ever, and it is making them more efficient. I'm just not one hundred percent of buyer there. The stuff numbers are telling a kind of weird story. But I don't think there's a wrong answer here because they're both good. I just think Readebtmers is maybe a better long term strikeout option. He has way way better stuff. I'm betting on his stuff maintaining than Casey Mays, who has below average stuff that is really really peaking right now with great location.
Speaker 3: So is there a spot that Casey or Casey that read Detmers can get traded to where you you're like, eh, this is a big enough hit to where I really I wouldn't like it.
Speaker 2: I don't know if any of that, but I mean I probably wouldn't love the the A's or the reds. That wouldn't be great, but I don't.
Speaker 3: I if not, But there's no spot that you would say.
Speaker 2: That would make me take Now Casey mies over, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Don't think so.
Speaker 2: He sounds like, are you Casey Island?
Speaker 3: No, I I do really like Casey Mice. No, it's not like it's really the the injury that he's already had that bothers me. And it wasn't an arm injury, which is good for a picture. Was an abductor or abductor or whatever thigh something. So not too worried about that. They're both really good. I think I want to, honestly, like, I want to acquire either one of these guys, because I do think were Debtors moves and you know Ghost too team that's going to get more wins of Washington maybe something. You know, there's plenty of places that could use him right now, so I do think he gets moved and is in a better spot for wins. And you know, it's not like the Tigers are great right now, so uh, Casey Mice is good, but I think Casey Mice is more something to look for in the future. And honestly, i'd probably want to trade for either one of these guys. I think they're both pretty good. But I think the points that you laid out are pretty good, and it's it is debt merce dept. Mas just looks super strong this year.
Speaker 2: I do think I'm a sell on to Casey Mice, though, like I would love to get out from because I think it's just poor stuff plus numbers that you know, and that could be wrong. By the way, like this happens all the time, Like I have not heard, so you know, don't kill me if this has been said, But like I would assume like someone like you know, might look at this, see those stuff plus numbers in the decrease, see the production and be like, yeah, this is a guy I think I'm selling. Like I kind of agree with that, Like I think it's like down ish stuff over from an overall perspective that if he hits a blip, it's not look great. Plus, you know Tigers, I don't know what they're going to look like, but you guys let us know. I'd be curious where you guys on that with those player debates. Lastly, here Bogs, it is our two starts. Take a look at the two start map. Here your highly owned guys, your big name players. You have some of the big dogs in they're not even worth really a conversation. But Misowski, Wheelers, Skeins, Chris Sanches, Schlitler, to Graham, Scooble and Brian wu are all scheduled.
Speaker 3: For two starts.
Speaker 2: That's a great week ahead if that does keep going. So let's pick out a few more. Max Meyer, Uh, he's got the two starts. It's Cleveland and Mariners. It's probably just belongs to too good. I don't care. See McClanahan, I was like, oo, here we go. He's gonna they're gonna kind of rest him and all that, and then he goes out and throws a gym. He does have the Yankees and the Mariners as a two start. I thought maybe the pitch count might also be lower. Nothing to react to, but just you know, putting it out there, Kevin Goss, how about Freddy Peralta. Freddy Perlta has the Braves and the Red Sox. Are you gonna not start him?
Speaker 3: Dude? He sucks right now? Wait, like, if you have other okay starters and and specifically and I head to head and Freddy Peralta has a chance to ruin your week, I think I'm gonna try to bench him. He's been miserable.
Speaker 2: I would bench him in the Braves game. But if you're playing, I guess what I was marketing at is, if you're in a weekly lineup league, you see two starts, you always want to maximize on it. Are you gonna bench him because of the brave start and not have him pitch either of those? Because you have to make that decision in a weekly Uh? In a weekly lineup league?
Speaker 3: I think let me look at his game log. Let's see five and run then five and two thirds, no earn but three giving up ten to one six one. He's a land mine, dude. I'm trying to avoid starring Freddy until after the break.
Speaker 2: Ye, I mean honestly, might just be better staying in Atlanta. Braves can go and trade for him or something and try to fix them. Seriously, Uh, you got Will Warren. I think that's a fine start. Jose Soriano has got the Rangers and the Twins. I think that's a fine spot for Yeah, he has, but it's a fine spot for him. Boz has got the Cubs and the Royals. I think that's solid high ownership here. Joe Cantillo has got the Twins and the Marlins. Both road games though, but I like that. Seventy on CBS though, Noah Cameron, Phillies and Orioles pass.
Speaker 3: He's been bad.
Speaker 2: I think that's a pass for me. Andrew Abbott Phillies and Cubs.
Speaker 3: I mean, the Phillies just rock Skien, so I don't really want any part of them.
Speaker 2: So I don't really love that.
Speaker 3: Didn't the Cubs just put up twenty three runs? Yeah, pass on.
Speaker 2: Andrew abbit landon route has got the Blue Jays and the Rockies. I think we're good there. Rockies is at home too, so I like that mine. Matthew Boyd, there are still some high percentages. He's got the Orioles and the Reds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm okay with boy, probably.
Speaker 2: Fine, Dustin May. Dustin May got lit up in his last start, Brewers and Braves absolutely not.
Speaker 3: Last couple starts too for Dustin May, not just his last one. So well, he's really heading downhill.
Speaker 2: He had that nine inning one and then I kind of made the excuse of the start after might have been, you know, the fatigue, and then he got rocked again. So that's a note for me. Dog Michael mcgree he's also got the same lineup. I don't think that's what I want to deal with, Bryce Elder, Pirates and Cardinals anything, probably not all right. And then let's just here's the fifty under fifty percent guys. Ian Seymour has got the Yankees and the Mariners.
Speaker 3: All of those matchups. But Ian Seymour had a really good start last time out, so I'm willing to roll him.
Speaker 2: I am too. Walker Bueller's got the Diamondbacks though, and the Blue.
Speaker 3: Jays no no thing.
Speaker 2: He had been good five straight before that.
Speaker 3: Nope, I was gonna do it.
Speaker 2: I might if I was desperate.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: Okay, how about this Walker Buehler versus the Diamondbacks or Blue Jays or Zach Gallon versus the Padres and Walker Walker Yep, can I tell you my buddy got got on?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: Uh, I saw the another graphic already know it. I know almost it's the one. And so the Diamondbacks designated Gallon designated Michael.
Speaker 3: Merrill Kelly, Yeah, buddy, Joe just sent me a text. He's like, left, g thank god, we're cutting the fat here, and I'm like, yeah, I don't think this is real, dude.
Speaker 2: I saw it and then I took three seconds to look at it and realize it wasn't true.
Speaker 3: But it was like, what the great job, dude. It was a really good graphic, it was, but it was actually done graphic.
Speaker 2: It was the problem was it was all the Diamondbacks that people are pissed off about. So it was also Peven Smith and it was.
Speaker 3: Like fine getting called up. There was there was no other graphic of these guys are the ones replacing them.
Speaker 2: I did not get got because of that, but for a second I hesitated. Randy Vasquez got the Diamondbacks in the Blue Jays, He's gonna get Zach Gallon, so it's a good win opportunity for him. Pass uh Raynaldo Lopez Mets and Cardinals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's okay, that's okay.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey Springs at Detroit and at Chicago White Sox Detroit don't matchups.
Speaker 3: I don't think there's a picture that I put more on the s starts than Jeffrey Springs. This year, he's been he's had some horrorrrific start so big pass, no, thank you.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm down with that. The rest here you've got Noah Schultz, Connor pre Lip, Trevor McDonald, Michael Burrows, Brandon Fought, Kyle Freeland, Michael Lorenzen. I could get down with pre Lip because I think Prelip shows those signs.
Speaker 3: Of life at ten Cards the other day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Guardians and Angels. I like him, he's only twenty one percent own. I don't think I want to mess with a lot of these others, like Fought. Maybe he had a really nice outing in his return, but it's Padres and Dodgers next week, like he's gonna blow up.
Speaker 3: I like the Schultz schedule. I just don't like Schultz.
Speaker 2: So maybe the Fought versus the Padres is the one. I'm not starting him in LA, but maybe the last time out.
Speaker 3: But I just can't make me nauseous.
Speaker 2: All right, there you go. That's two starts, two start pitchers. I think that's where we're heading out there. You guys have a fantastic weekend. Oh you know what, I forgot. We have to get out of here, but we'll have to do it on Monday. We did have the Grim Reaper, okay, one after one of the last episode, and then I think it got caught in the muck because an episode had already been released. I just remembered it. But we'll do it on Monday because it is a holiday weekend and I have birthdays to celebrate for my daughter and my wife. So it's going to be a really easy weekend on me, guys. But I hope you guys have a fantastic weekend. Join some if you get time off or whatever, you know, lock into some baseball, and then next week we're going to be diving in. We've got MLB All Star Break, we got our second half draft coming up. I will be doing. I actually have to have to get this weekend. I got to get a updated ranks prospect one up, and then we are going to talk about the draft prospects from a more of a fantasy perspective next uh next episode, So make sure you guys are locked in. Thanks to you guys are locked in. Follow us on Twitter. Is the West Bogwin Sports go to in this league dot com. If you guys want to support us and sign up, Happy forth. We love you. We'll talk to you next week right here and in this league, Puce out