Speaker 1: Now your host for World Series. Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 2: Tim kamk Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. It's your twenty twenty four World Series with your Los Angeles Dodgers and the New York Yankees. Well after taking a three to zero series lead, the Dodgers had a chance to clinch last night in the Bronx. However, the Yankee said not so fast, my friends, as they avoided elimination with a Game four win. Tonight, the Dodgers will do it again, up three games to one in this best of seven series. It's Game five from New York Dodgers Yankees. As Jack Flaherty is on the mound, first pitch coming up at five to eight. Coming up over the next hour here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we got a lot to get to. You're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts, get his pregame thoughts. We'll dive deeper into this Game five pitching matchup. David Vasse will join us throughout the hour. He'll go one on one with Dodger catcher Austin Barnes. We've got your Dodgers magical moment, we got your Otani rewind. Shortly, we'll check it out with Kirsten Watson from Sports Net LA and in just a few minutes we'll send it out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday. Well, last night, the Dodgers bullpen couldn't get it done in the Bronx. It was a bullpen game with Ben Casparius getting the first go. He would pitch two innings and actually have a lead to work with. Top half of the first inning. Freddie Freeman again. Four straight game.
Speaker 3: Yes bets with a one on double in scoring position for Freddy Freeman, who was driven in seven of the dodgers fourteen runs in the series. Swinging a belted ball to right field, looking toward the corner.
Speaker 2: Freddie Freeman simply unstoppable. He points to the bullpen as he rounds the bases for an MLB record six consecutive World Series game after.
Speaker 4: A home run. Unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Freddie Freeman does it again, four straight games in this World Series, six straight going back to twenty twenty one, with a home run that is the top tier play of the game sponsored by Arco Quality, top tier gas for less. As the Dodgers grabbed the early two to ninhing lead, but they'd give that lead up in the third. Up two to one, the Yankees would load the bases. Anthony Volpi from New York grew up a Yankees fan, and he gave.
Speaker 5: Him the breath of fresh Air moment of the game.
Speaker 3: They're loaded with two gone the first pitch, Vulpy hits it hard left field and deep ti Oskar herd.
Speaker 1: Into his turns and watches it rive.
Speaker 6: Anthony Volpi ambushed the first pitch from Daniel Hudson and puts the Yankees in front with a grand slam. The Bronx erupts, touches home, gets the best tremier in judge the celebration line as a young shortstop heads into the duckout with New York on top, Play three.
Speaker 2: Anthony Volpi with the grand slam in the third and a breath of fresh air moment of the game.
Speaker 5: Presented by a Tara Mechanical.
Speaker 2: Looking for reliable heating and air conditioning services here in Southern California, look no further than a Tara Mechanical, Your trusted partner Omar and Brittany the founders. They are great people. Their service more than just a solution. It's a breath of fresh air from the moment you call it to the completion of your project. A Tara Mechanical delivers fresh on a service at a fair price. The Dodgers down five to two when Will Smith went a homer in the fifth that made it a five to three game. Freddie Freeman grinded into a fielder's choice that made it a five to four game. That's as close as the Dodgers would get, though, as a Yankee attack on a run in the sixth to five more in the eighth. They go on and beat the Dodgers last night in Game four of the World Series, eleven to four is the final. The Dodgers using Banker Sparius, Daniel Hudson, Landon Neck and Brent Honeywell Junior, so the high leverage relievers ready to go to follow Jack Flaherty, who gets this game five start from the Bronx. First bitch coming up at five oho eight and with more we head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth as we say hello to Steven Nelson and Rick Monday guys.
Speaker 3: All right, Tim, here we are back at Yankee Stadium, New York pushes this World Series to a game five would be the last game here in the Bronx in this twenty twenty four season. Will it be the last game of this twenty twenty four season overall?
Speaker 5: That is the question.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers certainly hope the answer is yes. Rick Monday quickly as you had a night to sleep on game number four and when he woke up coming to the yard today, what were you thinking about last night if anything at all?
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, I didn't sleep well last night. Just going over last night's ball game, the Dodgers, in my mind, you know, after the fifth inning they did not play La Dodger baseball, and they didn't hit that way, they didn't field that way, and overall didn't really pitch that way either. And that's got two straighten things up to New York. Yankees new exactly what was going to happen. We talked about it yesterday. They had to win one game. That was last night. They come on with the same mentality tonight. They have to win one game in order to force Game six in Los Angeles. So that's to be determined by eighteen players on the field at least, and we're going to see the bullpens on top of it. I think the Dodgers, first of all tonight, have to be a little bit more selective and understand in particular for looking at Max Munsey not to put the load on Max Bunsey. You can also look at Will Smith as in it particularly well. Gavin Lux also in that fold too, But for Max Munsey. Dave Roberts saying, interestingly, enough before the ball game, so he's close, he's a little bit too quick. We've seen that he's jumping at the ball, working on some mechanical things. Just watching me at batting practice tonight, his balance seemed to be a little bit better. Now I realized that batting practice the ball is being thrown about fifty to fifty five miles an hour, but still it was a different batting practice than what I saw tonight versus maybe the last couple of games that we've seen from Munson.
Speaker 3: Honestly, we I think Shoheo Tani has to be a part of that group.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: At this point he has been on base safely five times in four games, and it is an unbelievable effort. We have to assume that he is playing through a different kind of pain we can we can only imagine the severity of it.
Speaker 4: We just don't know.
Speaker 3: But as long as he's out there, he has to make an impact on these games, and he hasn't up to this point.
Speaker 4: Well, here's something I've alluded to before, primarily with Freddie Freeman. The difficult question for a player is to really go inside, in depth of yourself and ask yourself the question, very honestly, am I a detriment to my team if I am hurt or if I'm in pain? We don't know what he's going through at this particular time. I did see a different swing last night, and the difference was in Game one he was letting go with the left hand on the bat. It's the left shoulder, the back shoulder of the left handed batter. Last night he was keeping the hand on the back. What does that mean when it tells me he was not as good in much discomfort last night as he was in the first game of the series.
Speaker 3: He does have a ten game on base streak ten, but he's betting just one twenty five in this World Series, and he's facing Garrett Colet tonight. A pitcher he has not hit well in his career. The Dodgers need him and or Max Muntsey to break through anybody not named Freddie Freeman and Mookie Betts for this offense to get it going and get this thing done.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I gotta get going tonight, no doubt about it. Thank you, Nelly.
Speaker 2: As we count you down to first pitch, Dodger fans, get that game to meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor or to your Shaky's Pizza Hicken and Mojo's right now before first pitch at Shaky's dot com. Coming up here on Morongo Causino Dodgers on deck, you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 5: We will check in with David Vassi throughout the show.
Speaker 2: He'll go one on one with Austin Barnes, will dive deeper into this Game five pitching matchup. But up next you're O Tani rewind and we'll visit with sports and at LA's Kirsten Watson.
Speaker 5: That's all coming up as.
Speaker 2: We lead you up to Game five of the World's Dodgers Yankees.
Speaker 5: First pitch at five, O. Wait, thanks, for being with us. I'm Tim Kase's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on Dogs on deck y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and Yankees Game five of the World Series from New York, Jack Flarity and Garrett Cole. The pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at five O eights.
Speaker 4: This is the.
Speaker 2: Rewind Well Steven and Rick were mentioned in just a few minutes ago. The Dodgers needs Showy Otani to get it going offensively bad shoulder in all, it needs to be a threat in that leadoff spot in the Dodgers lineup. Dodgers losing Game four last night eleven to four, looking at the bounce back tonight and if so, they'll come home World Series champ. So TONI rewind I brought to you by Eto NSA, Japan's number one green Tea and the tea that showe Aotani loves in drinks available at local Diso stores, Target and eto in dot com.
Speaker 5: That's I t o E.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 7: Hey.
Speaker 2: Kirsten out joins us from Yankee Stadium ahead of Game five of this World Series. Kirston the bullpens are arrested and ready to go, and this is gonna be a great pitching matchup on both sides.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Jack Flerity for scart Cole, this is going to be a fun one. I mean, this is a rematch of Game one, and if we can talk about how Game one ended, that was just electric for the Dodgers with that walk off grand Slam from Freddie Freeman. But the biggest thing for this one is, you know, if we look back at the NLCS and what Jack Clarity was able to do in Game one, then in Game five he did struggle and that I'm regular rest in Game five. But the biggest thing is as much as there was a bit of a downtick in velocity for him, he was under the weather in that game against the Mets in New York. It was cold, There was a lot going on just because you didn't really have his stuff. As I mentioned, the velocity wasn't where it usually is, and so Dave Roberts really believes that that was all just too being under the weather. You didn't look at Game one actually for that fastball won it was excellent, but the velocity was actually a tick higher than his usual in that one. So the hope is is he can be in a good spot going into this one. He's spent these last swept four days just being in a you know, mentally focusing, locking in, making a few adjustments undertaining that. Of course, the Yankees hitters are going to make adjustments, but he's in a position that he wants to be in. He wants the ball and he wants to help put this team in a position to pick up the win tonight. So it's going to be a grind, it's going to be a battle, but hopefully he can find ways to limit the Yankees offense that did get hot and a little bit more explosive yesterday. And on the flip side, the Dodgers can make earlier adjustments to Garrett Cole since they did just see him in Game one. Hopefully they can use that to their advantage and get to him early.
Speaker 2: Christ is brought to you by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of your little car. Donate today your car get be picked up tomorrow. Donate now at Carsfrokids dot org. That's cars with the K, What's the feeling you get as far as around the stadium right now, Yankee fans maybe a little bit more confident.
Speaker 5: So they had a night ago.
Speaker 2: Oh and this Dodger team maybe going up against the Yankees team, that feels like they got a little bit momentum too.
Speaker 8: One thousand percent. They definitely the Yankees feel confident. You know, they're trying to make something magical happen. You know, they want to rewrite history in a sense. And the Dodgers on the flip side, they feel really good too.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 8: Yes, as much as things did not go west planned yesterday, when it came to really the outcome of the game, Dave Roberts did say that, you know, if he could go back, maybe he would kind of want to change a few things, you know, like wanting Gavin Lux for that ball not to pop out of his glove there at second base, getting allowing for Volpi to get that double. But yes, there are things like that that he would have loved to have, you know, maybe have gone a different way. But ultimately there are some positives to take away when it comes to the Vulpan usage. To see whether it was Ben Casparius landon neg Brent Honeywell, as much as it was a grind for him yesterday, they ate up that game and so they put the super high leverage arms the Lake China and Michael kopex those guys in a position in which they are in a good spot. They've had a day off and they're well arrested to support Jack Clarity today. So as much as yes, things that not go as planned in regards to the score, there are things that you can at least pull from that game that do put the Dodgers in a really good spot today. We're on the flip side. We had to see all their high leverage arms because they were trying to keep that lead until what maybe the last arm we saw in the game. But so if you look at it that way, the Dodgers are still in a really good spot and hopefully they can, you know, find ways to get things going today. We want to be on a plane back to Los Angeles with a trophy with the title the World Series Champions in a parade. That's what this team wants and hopefully they can.
Speaker 1: Do that today.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we want a happy flight home from New York to Los Angeles. Kirsten, we appreciate it. We will check in with you either way after the game. Still the gum here on Wronggo Casino Dodgers on deck. Well that deep into this benching matchup. David bad State will join us. They'll also go one on one with Austin Barnes. But I'm next we'll hear for the Dodger manager himself, Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and Yankees, Game five of the World Series. First bitch of New York at five. Oh wait, I'm Tim Katson's Sanngeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers ter on game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues is we're leaning you up to first pitch from the Bronx Game five of the World Series, Dodgers and Yankees, Marongo Casino Resort and Spa A Grand Slam for good times, Jack Flaherty and Garrett Cole, a rematch of the pitching matchup in Game one. First pitch from Yankee Stadium is coming up at five ozho eight. Let's head back out there and check out with the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 5: Any questions for Dave Dave, can you just describe Dave. Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 9: In the dugouts with Dave robbers Hi, Dave Christal Rich now facing Garrett Cole for the second time in the series. What does the presence at the plate have to be for your offense to get the best possible result against him, knowing that he will make some adjustments.
Speaker 10: I think with Garrett he likes to pitch at the top of the zone. There's gonna be velocity, and I think for us just to you know, just know where the top of the zone is and try to get into good counts and you know, be disciplined and expect a good pitch to hit.
Speaker 11: Hey, Dave, when you watched Jack in Game five against the Mets and then Jack in Game one of this series, what were the biggest differences that you saw that you know, change the level of success he had in those two games.
Speaker 10: I think in Game five he was under the weather. I know he was. He was under the weather. He was kind of on day three of something, so he just didn't have the strength. Certainly the stuff speaks to that. In Game one, he was rested and felt good and came out and throw a good ball.
Speaker 4: Game.
Speaker 10: So today it's regular rest. He's in good spirits, very focused, he feels good health wise, and you know, we'll see how it goes. But I expected to pitch well tonight.
Speaker 12: Mike Dave, looking at the inter parents played with Mooki last night. Do you think your players worry about their safety here?
Speaker 10: No, I don't think so. And if there's one player, I don't think that is worried to be Mooki, given that he played a lot of games in this ballpark. It was just an unfortunate circumstance. I'm glad it was dealt with the right way, and uh, you know, we can just move on to tonight.
Speaker 12: Well, I was just going to follow follow up with that. As far as dealt with the right way, do you think they struck the appropriate measure?
Speaker 10: I think so, as I understand it, They got booted and we didn't need them to be here, so they refunded their tickets. So that's perfect right.
Speaker 5: Could have Barry then, Jim, Hey, Doc.
Speaker 13: So globally, when did this whole notion of high leverage and low leverage relievers start kicking in? I don't remember it more any earlier than this year, and I had long talks with Tory Lavello about it this year. What's your take on all that?
Speaker 10: Well, very I think it's actually, I mean, I think you're very aware of it. I think it's just more like most things now, there's names to things, right, and you know, I'm sure Bruce Bochi back in the eighties had relievers that he trusted and guys that were he didn't trust as much, and so he used him in different situations. So I think now, you know, to quantify things or give things a name. I guess high and low leverages kind of speaks to that.
Speaker 2: All right, There's Dave Robbers down the dugout some of his pregame thoughts to the media, brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts wins in the playoffs by being ready for anything. If you want your contracting business to succeed, you need to be ready to let Service Titan help you be prepared. Service Titan dot Com. When we continue here on Moroco Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll head back out to Yankee Stadium and check in with v David vassay Is. We're leading you up to first pitch. Dodgers Yankees Game five of the World Series.
Speaker 5: First pitch at five oh eight. I'm Tim Katesi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Ma Wrongo Casino, Dodgers on deech who on your Home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 5: It's Dodgers and Yankees Game five of the World Series.
Speaker 2: Jack Flerty Garrett Cole the pitching matchup, first pitch, coming up head.
Speaker 1: Five away, joining Tim cats On Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 14: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Bassi.
Speaker 5: All right, DV.
Speaker 2: We've seen a couple of versions of Jack Flerty in this postseason. How will we know if Jack Flerity has it tonight?
Speaker 15: I asked a few of the Dodgers that question, and they told me his fastball velocity. If it's around ninety three ninety four in the first inning, you'll know that he's feeling good and he's going to have to just not rely on his fastball like we saw against certain Yankee hitters. He's going to throw his breaking stuff. But the one thing also to keep in mind, we may have forgot this. He was taken out of Game one because his right hamstring tightened up. Here's what Jack Flaherty said yesterday in regards to how that hamstring is feeling going into Game five.
Speaker 4: No, I mean it's caused a little bit of extra work that I normally wouldn't have to do.
Speaker 5: But I'll be I'm good, feeling good today. I felt good yesterday.
Speaker 16: I found my bullpen, So at this point, it's not anything I'm worried about.
Speaker 15: And when we got to New York and when I saw him after Game one before Game two, Tim he did not seem to be a player that was concerned about any sort of injury hampering him from pitching again in the World Series.
Speaker 2: David had driven by fordth there's one thing he liked. It's choices, fine yours with the four f one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough, this march can only be called f one fifty choices down the bullpen? Are the Dodgers in a good spot if they need to go down there tonight, David.
Speaker 14: They're in a great spot.
Speaker 15: Obviously they did not use any of their high leverage relievers last night, and Dave Roberts now has the luxury also being very aggressive even if the Dodgers are down on a run er two or three to go to one of those high leverage relievers. So I think you're going to see at least five different Dodger pitchers tonight, including Jack Flaherty. They can put all those guys on the mound to shorten the game.
Speaker 2: Damn, what's wrong with Max Munsey?
Speaker 15: From what I've been told, they just feel like Max Mounsey is in between he's guessing he's a guest hitter, and right now he's in between breaking balls fastballs, And you just hope that after having such a great NLCS, it wouldn't You're not gonna stand that high forever. He just needs to find a way to stay within himself and certainly take his walks because he is a three.
Speaker 14: True outcome player.
Speaker 15: But from what I've been told, he's just caught in between pitches.
Speaker 2: What's the key then tonight for this offense, David for the Dodgers.
Speaker 14: Well, think about this.
Speaker 15: The Dodger offense has been so good all postseason of taking their walks. They've done a great job against the Yankees starters. But can you believe the Dodgers only have one walk against the Yankees bullpen and that walk was an intentional walk to Mookie Bett's preceding Freddie.
Speaker 14: Freeman's walk off rand slam.
Speaker 15: The Dodgers want to get Garrett Cole out of this game early, but they've got to do better and not chase pitches outside of the strike zone against the Yankees bullpen.
Speaker 2: David great stuff. We'll check back in with you in just a little bit. Dave's gonna go one on one coming up at about fifteen minutes with Austin Barnes coming up here on Morocco Casino Dodgers on deck though next we'll get you your Dodgers magical moment. We are leading you up to first pitch from Yankee Stadium in the Bronx Dodgers Yankees Game five of the World Series.
Speaker 5: First pitch in five.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Bake SATs Dodgers and Yankees coming up from Yankee Stadium in the Bronx Game five of the twenty twenty four World Series. Jack Flaherty and Garrett Cole. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at five oh eight.
Speaker 14: A hot dog who wants the hot Dog?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment. Pitch Magical presented by Hawfey hot Dogs.
Speaker 5: We go back to October twentieth, nineteen eighty eight, Game five.
Speaker 2: Of the nineteen eighty eight World Series, the Dodgers in Oakland taking on the A's, a chance to close out the Bash Brothers and the Oakland A's at the Coliseum. Mickey Hatcher win deep, Mike Davis win deep. Oral Herscheizer capped off one of the greatest seasons ever by a starting pitcher, one of the most improbable World Series wins in history, by pitching a complete game, allowing only four hits, two runs, and striking out nine.
Speaker 7: And Tony Phillips that account.
Speaker 17: You know.
Speaker 7: Harshaizer has come back. He has a three and two. The fans are getting on their feet.
Speaker 6: M C.
Speaker 7: Wig wags a sign out, Harshaizer wines and the three two fish Tuckey.
Speaker 17: Now it's over. The Dodgers are the world champion. Quarter The Dodgers were sure the field.
Speaker 7: All Hersheizer reached back and he picked up as much as he possibly could, whatever strength that he had and Harsheizer shrinks out Tony Phillips after going three balls in those strikes. The Dodgers on the field, the presses there, they're the world champions of the World.
Speaker 17: And what a year.
Speaker 2: The late great Don Drysdale on the call nineteen eighty eight Series championship for the Dodgers. They were heavy underdogs, but they out hit, they out hustled, they out muscled, they out pitched, and they seemingly did everything right to beat the Oakland A's, who were the heavy favorites in an improbable five game series, outscoring them twenty one to eleven, giving the Dodgers their sixth World Series championship, the second for manager Tommy Lesorda. This Hofey Magical moment brought to you by Hofey Hot Talks, a soakout treasurer for over one hundred years of Visit hofeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase Cray Malicious Hoffey Hot Talks. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check you well, Rick Monday, as we were leaning you up to first pitch Dodgers Yankees Game five of the World Series.
Speaker 5: I'm Tim Kasis, Los Angeles, Dodgers on your network.
Speaker 1: This is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on, Dodgers on deck y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Yankees Game five of the World Series coming up from the Bronx. Jack Flerity Garrett Cole to pitch match up Dodgers Baseball Rodger by Zenchi handcrafted Sushi made fresh daily on site. Pick up Delicious Sushi before the game at Ralph and other supermarkets right near the deli counter.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Basse. Here's La Dodgers broadcast there and World Series Champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 14: Rick Monday. Nothing has changed from yesterday.
Speaker 15: The Dodgers are still one went away from being world champion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're one away. And is there added pressure? I mean, the mindset of the Yankees is mentioned last night? Is it Their whole mindset is to win one game? That's tonight. That was their that was their their battle cry last night, and they won in a deciding factor. And for the Dodgers of bullpen games. I also had pretty good sources and I know that on your postgame show there was someone that called in and evidently was a little irritated and talking about the Dodgers not able to closing out and with the bullpen game. And his comment was, you don't play with your food.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 14: I love that one. Yeah, that was a great line. You don't play with your food.
Speaker 4: You know what I love is the involvement from the intensity, from the emotions and even though many many miles away. In fact, when you're talking about a broadcast, now you're talking international, I mean globally, and this is a global world series. There's no question about that. Here's the other part. We're actually seeing little history tonight. Didn't know if you were aware of this or not. Well, we talk about world series games. This is number seven hundred of all time a world series games. So this is not something that just happened to pop up. This is number seven hundred ever played.
Speaker 14: And you were lucky enough to play in what three?
Speaker 4: I was not in the first one, but oh okay, yeah, I wasn't gonna go to take that away with you. Yeah, don't play with your food. David Besse, hey Rick.
Speaker 15: Last night, I haven't had a chance to even ask you about the play in the first inning where the fan went way over the line penned Mooki Bets two arms down. Those two fans, what did you think when you saw that?
Speaker 4: Well, that wasn't just fans interfering. In my mind, Mookie Betts was accosted. Yeah, and not just by one, but by two. Because the other guy, the other idiot, grabbed his right hand, right arm, that could have prompted an injury. I understand the fans if the balls in understands, okay, fine, is still within technically an opportunity for player to make the play, but to grab the glove and attempt to take the ball out of the glove, which eventually happened. And then the other guy grabs the right hand and right forearm of Mookie Betts was over the top. So those two idiots were removed from the field. I was a little surprised. It's okay, they supposedly been banned. They refunded their money, is what I read today. I don't know if that's true or not. And then what irritated me even more is it some of the posts. And I realize sometimes the posts that are put up on social media did not really reflect exactly what happened, but they're kind of treated as dignitaries. If you will locally right, And I thought, what's wrong with this mindset? No, let the players play the game, leave them alone, and leave the baseballs alone. And when you start to grab someone's glove and then grab their hand, no, no, no. If you do down the street, you get arrested. Rick.
Speaker 15: I'm all for when a posing player is trying to make a play in the stands, to make it as difficult as possible. But like you said, that was way over the line.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And here's the other part too, is in their haste to a take away the glove and the bowl and then grab the hand, what if there'd been an injury the Mookie Pence or to any other player. Not just to say, well, okay, we're doing the Dodger broadcast. Okay we're talking about I was a Dodger. Well, I wouldn't want that to happen, even if they were a Yankee player or any other player, or a fan for that matter. I mean, it's way over the the line. And you know, I don't know technically how it was handled, but they got the two idiots out of the ballpark anyway.
Speaker 15: I feel like the best way to describe those two fans is similar.
Speaker 4: To First of all, those weren't fans, they were just Yeah.
Speaker 15: But I remember when you saved the American flag. Vin Scully's call, the way he described those two jackals, was there two animals on the field, and those two were animals in the stands.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they got kicked out. So and now the Dodgers have to have to close things out, whether this be a game number seven hundred old time of World Series or not. The Dodgers did not play well last night. They did for a while, and for Freddy Freeman just continues. I mean, Freeman comes up, you grabbed the record book, because that's exactly where he is. He left the yard again in the first inning, and last night's game knocked in three of the Dodgers' four runs. But the Dodgers, in my observation, last night, did not play an entire game of La Dodger Baseball.
Speaker 15: Well they'll do that tonight, Rick, They will have the last word tonight on those two animals and on the Yankees tonight.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I look forward to maybe on the intercom of the airplane approach control into Lax in the wee hours of the morning, welcomes the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers back into LA.
Speaker 15: Love that Rick, It'll happen. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thank you very much. How cool will that be if that can happen tonight? Either way, Dodgers heading home. I like to bring some hardware with them on their trip back tonight from New York. Dodgers fans and Hanserd listening the experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and.
Speaker 5: Listening in HD.
Speaker 2: Trust me, it's a great listen and a perfect time to download the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 5: It's free.
Speaker 2: Click on AMPI seven E LA Sports and listen to these great voices in HD. Powell Power by LA Care Health Plans serving all Angelinos yep, Lacare dot Org. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, will get your previous this pitching matchup Steven Nelson Rick Monday, they'll have the keys. But up next we'll go high and tight with Austin Barnes leading up to Game five of the World Series Dodgers Yankees.
Speaker 5: I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Leading up to Dodgers and Yankees Game five of the World Series, Jack Flaherity and Garrett Cole to pitching matchup. Dodgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital LA. When you need one of the best places to take your child to get the best care, there's one place to go. Children's Hospital Los Angeles rank number one in all of California for pediatric care. Find the right doctor at c HLA dot org d And.
Speaker 1: Now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 5: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high end tight.
Speaker 15: It's Game five of the World Series, and we're joined right now by a man that is in his fourth World Series with the Dodge Dodgers. If you think back to twenty twenty, Austin Barnes caught four of the Dodgers six games during that World Championship run, including the final strikeout to end it. Austin, great to be with you and great to have you back in a World Series.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's awesome, you know, for a fors a lot of World series, you know, and we're one way from winning this thing, so we're excited.
Speaker 5: To be here.
Speaker 14: What's it like for you this season?
Speaker 16: It's good, you know, you know, to be able to get to this point with this group. You know, it's been a long season. One game away from winning the World Series. There's you know, there's not that many days you can wake up and you know, have a chance to win a win a World Series. So we're excited. It's been awesome. I think we have a really close group, really excited for you know, the opportunity we have ahead of us.
Speaker 15: When you say Austin Barnes' name, you think about the core group of players that have been to four World Series together, that have won a World Championship. What does it mean to you to be synonymous with this period of Dodger history.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's awesome. You know, a lot of great players, a lot of great teams. You know, I've seen a lot of players come and go. But you know what, we we just kept winning, you know, and that's kind of what we expect. Uh, you know, we expect to be World Series champions every year. You know, we won one, you know, I won't whatever one is seventeen and then, uh, you know we're here in twenty twenty four with a with a great opportunity ahead of us, and you know, just that's what it's what's what it's all about. It's coming, it's coming and winning and uh bringing a championship back to LA.
Speaker 14: What's going on with Freddie Freeman? How has he turned it on like this?
Speaker 16: I just think he's he's just he's just ready, you know, the moment the World Series. I think he just wants it. I think this whole group wants it. We're all kind of pulling in the same direction, all all together fighting, uh, fighting with each other, leaning on each other, and uh, it's a special group. You know, it's ever since I've been here, there's been some special teams, and this is uh the focus and intensity and you know, the way that everybody's playing together is second to none since I've been here.
Speaker 15: I know, you guys talked about just committing yourselves for three and a half weeks. I know that's not the only reason why you're here, But how much of that did it play a part into you guys being able to be resilient against the padres and everything else that come at you this October?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I think everything plays apart. You know, the camaraderie, the you know, the dinners, the stuff, the clubhouse, the play on the field, the intensity in the pitch to pitch, the focus. I think it all plays apart. You know, it's not easy to win playoff games. It's not easy to win a World Series. But you know, I think there's a focus, intensity that it takes, and I think that we're playing with it right now.
Speaker 15: Austin Barnes is our guest. You're wearing a snow cap. It's like seventy degrees in New York. Why are you wearing that snow cap the first.
Speaker 16: Day we got here. If I say, it wasn't that warm, and then so you don't come outside for a second, you never know, So you can come prepare aftershore sleeves on too, if that makes sense.
Speaker 14: So hey, before I let you go.
Speaker 15: The way that Jack Flerty has pitched, there shouldn't be any doubts about the way he's gonna come out tonight, right, No, you.
Speaker 16: Know, I think it's you know, he's just a guy who's gonna obviously keep us in the ball game. I think our offense is in a really good spot. I think he's in a good spot pitching wise, you know, And uh, I think Spidy's got a good beat on these guys. He's seen him a lot. Obviously in seven game series, people make adjustments just with what they're seeing. And uh, I think we're in a good spot where we are, and on both sides of the field.
Speaker 9: So.
Speaker 16: You know, we expect good things to happen every time somebody goes out there. You know, even even Land and Act and Conspiras. They gave us six innings two runs last night, and you know, in a World Series game, for two rookies to do that, that's you know, it's pretty good. So you know we were in the game last night. Uh, just don't get it done. But we're looking forward today.
Speaker 14: All right. I'll let you go. And aren't you proud of me?
Speaker 15: I didn't try to pry into private team group messages.
Speaker 14: That's for you, guys. I'm not like these other.
Speaker 15: Guys trying to get the text messages copy and pasted.
Speaker 17: To me.
Speaker 16: Yeah, yeah, to me, you're the journalists of the year. I think you're sixty minutes specialists. And Emmy is it? Emmy is it? Okay, y'all, I'll get it to you. If radio wasn't dead, I'll skin Yeah, radio is alive right now, if radio is alive and well.
Speaker 15: Yeah, people are listening right now in the i E. What's your main street out there?
Speaker 14: Is it paved? What's going on out there?
Speaker 16: There's a lot, you know, there's there's Alessandro. Yeah, you know, don't don't come to our city. Okay, we'll let you know. You tell us you, we'll let you know.
Speaker 15: I'll come out there for the Austin Barnes Appreciation parade after this, all.
Speaker 5: Right, we'll get a parade.
Speaker 14: All right.
Speaker 15: There it goes my third favorite Barnes, Austin. We'll send it back to you in the studio, Tim.
Speaker 5: The prid to Riverside, Austin Barnes. Thank you.
Speaker 2: DV Dodgers Baseball is brought to by Shaky's Pizza Parler, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at shakys dot com. We'll lead you up to first pitch, Game five of the World Series, Dodgers and Yankees. Up next, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim katesis Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is MA Wrongo Casino Dodgers on tack on your home for the Blue All season Low.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Yankees Game five of the World Series.
Speaker 5: First pitch coming up in five eight and.
Speaker 1: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchups.
Speaker 2: It about your Southern California Toyota dealers. Turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality on an all New twenty twenty four Tacoma.
Speaker 5: See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy.
Speaker 2: Garret Cole on the Mound, thirty four year old right hander out of Orange County Orange Lutheran High School. You see a light twelve season in the Big Leagues. Made seventeen starts during the regular season, eight and five with the three forty one ERA, last time out here in the postseason. His fourth start of the postseason was against the Dodgers in Game one. Six innings, one run, four hits, four strikeouts. It ain't no disision. Jack Flaherty on the Mount, twenty nine year old right hander out of Hardward west Lake High School Via Burbank, started for the Tigers season, then came to the Dodgers. Made ten starts with the Dodger uniform, making his fifth start here in the postseason, last time out against the Yankees. Pitched into the sixth inning, two runs, five hit, six strikeouts in a game one Star. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Eto NSA, Japan's number one green Tea and the tea that Shoeo Tani loves and drinks. Availabi, a local tyso stores target eto in dot com. That's I t O e n dot Com. Dodgers Yankees. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch.
Speaker 5: Keys to the game.
Speaker 2: Our next I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on, the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Yankees, Game five of the World Series. First pitch coming up at five OA. Dodgers fans and hands are listening. Experience how by downloading the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 5: Do it right now listen.
Speaker 2: It's an HD and it's all free to download, powered by LA Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos lacare dot Org. Back out to the booth one final time. Stephen Nelson Rick Monday guys.
Speaker 3: All right, Tim, last time we chat with you before first pitch, Rick Monday. It's a rematch of Game one of this series. Jack Flerty for the Dodgers, Garrett for the Yankees, and it was a pitcher's duel for as long as those guys were in there in game. Now take us into that cat and mouse adjustment that will we made on both sides.
Speaker 4: Here's something that you're not going to read anywhere, but this is from a former player's standpoint. I'm going to tell you one big difference that I see for tonight. It is a night game, and by that I'm talking about if you think back to the last time these guys matched up in La so five oh eight, start the first couple of innings, you don't really see the ball particularly well, well, this is an eight fourteen or whatever it is, they're going to finally start it. We don't really know. They've surprised us each of the first two games. But my point being, you're going to see the illumination of a baseball better tonight at the start of this game. Then you saw in the twilight of the game that these two guys matched up in Los Angeles. Interesting, you know the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: We've talked to the last few games how this offense is being buoyed by the home run ball, and Garrett Cole has allowed just one home run to two hundred and fourteen batters face going back to the start of September that includes the postseason.
Speaker 4: He keeps the ball in.
Speaker 5: He's one of the best in the world.
Speaker 3: Dodgers ready to roll in Game five in this World Series, still one win away from a title.
Speaker 5: But here we go.
Speaker 2: First bitch coming up, Dodger fans, Are you ready? It's Game five of the World Series. Showy Otani steps in the box. When we come back, a win and there'll be a celebration. If not, it's back for Game six at Dodger Stadium. First bitch in the Bronx is next.
Speaker 5: Enjoy it.
Speaker 2: I'm sim case has been Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck of Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network