Speaker 1: Made a decision.
Speaker 2: Ah, thanks Sunny sund On, I had vision.
Speaker 1: N what's up, motherfuckers.
Speaker 2: You guys are a bunch of cunts, but we love you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's why we're going to tell you some Patreon story.
Speaker 1: I can't wait.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, no idea what this is about.
Speaker 2: This is not your typical Patreon story, but I needed to get this off my chest and I just can't. I could never tell this on the regular show. So I have a So my book is coming out in January. I don't know if I've ever mentioned that. And my publicist, there's a the publicist who works for Simon and Schuster. Even though I'm a podcaster and could get myself on lots of podcasts, I'm going to be doing Allison's podcasting and Alison Rosen new your new best Friend. I'm going to be doing Jimmy Pardos podcast Never Not Funny. I've got some nice things lined up. But my puplicist feels, you know, needs to do her job. I don't think she needs. I think she's doing fine, but like you know, people when they're like wanting to show their work. Yes, she's been pitching me to podcasts that she shouldn't be because they're not like they're not good podcasts, right, And that's not to say that's.
Speaker 1: Not all of them. Some of them are.
Speaker 2: Some of there are fine. I've just they're ones I've never heard of, and that's fine. I'm happy to do a smaller podcast. But some of them are just so not anything that I would ever do or represent. And so there's this one, and I don't I'm thinking. I told my Robin Wizinski this story, and she was like, I wouldn't say the name of it. Yeah, just in case.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: All right, let's call it. Let's call it the Microphone Podcast. So the Microphone Podcast. So I get this. This is one of the earlier emails I get from my publicist, and she's like, guess what I got. You booked on this the Microphone Podcast. And it's got like it's a YouTube show, and it's got you know, twenty thousand subscribers, which is not that many listen. It's more than we have. We're not a YouTube show. But it's not like it's not like a huge show. It's not like like she shouldn't be that excited, Like calm down a little bit, you know, right, and it's by this.
Speaker 1: Woman who I've never heard of. It's a female.
Speaker 2: Host of the show, which cool I and I kind of look it up and it's like, this woman is a CEO of a supplement company and does a you know. It's like it's not really like it's not going to be a funny pods. It's like a brand. It's like somebody who's like doing branding stuff.
Speaker 3: Right right in corporated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's you know. But I'm like, and okay.
Speaker 2: And where is it?
Speaker 3: By the way, that would be my first question, like how far do I have to drive? Oh?
Speaker 2: You'll well, this is this is what you'll the part you'll love. It's in Culver City, which for any for all of you people that don't live in Los Angeles, Culver City is somewhere that it's hard to get to even from a freeway. The only freeway you're going to take those is going to be the four h five, which is a fucking nightmare. At anytime a day, you just don't want to go anywhere that has to do with the four h five unless you have to, right even like I will fly out of Burbank and pay a two hundred dollars big if I have to do a void anyway. So Culver City is far and it's also just like just out of the.
Speaker 3: Way to get to Yeah, it's just out of the way the pain in the air.
Speaker 2: So the show is booked, okay for a Friday two o'clock and it goes and it's from two to four. I'm already like and cocktail attire. Cocktail attire? What yes, but Lynette tail.
Speaker 1: But keeping in mind, this is like the first thing that she's booked me.
Speaker 2: And and I'm also like, why am I doing a YouTube show in October for a book release that's in January? Hey, nobody buying my book except for my own fans. Nobody who watches somebody else's YouTube show is going to be like, I must.
Speaker 1: Pre order that. No, They're going to be like, oh, if I think.
Speaker 2: About it in January, I'll order the book right, yeah, and then by then they're gonna be like who Stephan who. Yeah, that sounds vaguely familiar, maybe like book me for stuff around the time that the book is coming out, right, right, everybody knows that all the people, all of our friends that have had books coming out. Gina and Teresa wanted to be booked around the time their books were coming out, right right right, okay makes but this is the Simon and Schuster publicist. So I can't be like, you don't want to be hey, you don't really know how to do your job, like, and she does know how to do her job, but she's just she's eager and she's trying to help and she's excited.
Speaker 1: And so I can't for the first one be like, yeah, no thanks.
Speaker 2: I have since said no thanks to stuff, but this one, I'm like, but I'm already immediately dreading it, right.
Speaker 1: Ralph Coars Okay, Culver City on a front.
Speaker 2: So then so a couple of days ahead of time, I get like a like a thing that's like a reminder, and this is the person who booked to you. And here's an email address of the person who is in charge of booking, and here's all the research they did on you. So it's a very well researched this person. This woman has researchers that go and find out all this stuff about me, have watched old interviews with me, read old blogs of me. Like, first of all, you don't need to do all that you know, you don't like you don't need to do that. I will talk right like I I'm a podcaster, Like, ask me a few questions, what's your story, and I will tell it to you. You don't need to like they wanted, oh, this about your childhood and that, and it's it's a podcast that's all about I don't even want to specifically tell you what it's about, but but it's it's like a happiness, like how do you find how do you juggle all the all things? And you know, it's like a wellness podcast, which is, you know, not up my alley. Even though my book is about sobriety, you know me, I'm not like, right, that's about as wellness is not meditating all the time.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing it all all the things, right, so whatever.
Speaker 2: One of the things in my bio though, the main thing the way they're introducing me is and she's a podcaster, she's this, and she's a competitive swimmer. I'm like, what kind of gphel I guess what said gp GPT? Yeah, what the fuck is that? I'm like, well, you didn't do the greatest research ever. But now I'm thinking, like do I even correct, Like do I even tell her or do I when she introduces me that way do I go? I just love to hear somebody say that about me and then correct it. But so anyway, I'm I'm dreading it, dreading it, dreading it. I have to leave an hour early. I leave at one o'clock for a two o'clock arrival, and it took me every bit of an hour and a half to get home. So because it is rush hour traffic, Yes, up the four five, okay. Anyway, So I get there, I drive there. It's in like a it's at a studio. They rented a studio, so it's in like a like an industrial park. So it's like all these nameless, faceless buildings, you know, and you have to go find which one it is. Ks over there, I don't think. So this is like a place where people rent cheap office space, right, So anyway, I find the place. It's like a it's like a suite, and I ring the bell. There's no and nobody answers the door. So I'm like, cours, Okay, I've gotten like ten reminders about this is coming up.
Speaker 1: I ring it again. Nothing.
Speaker 2: So now I'm like I don't have a phone number for this person. So I sort of like squat down outside of the door, and I find the email address for the assistant. By the way, this assistant never emailed me back up. I email the person. I'm like, hey, uh, I'm supposed to be here. We're supposed to start at two and it's two now. Because I've been there now for a few minutes, nobody's here. Can you please advise? She never wrote me back anyway. Then this guy comes wandering by and he's like, oh, hey, are.
Speaker 1: You going in there?
Speaker 2: And I was like, yeah, this is I guess so so typical. So then okay, so he lets me in and I was like, oh, are you part of this thing? And he goes, yeah, I'm the guy who I'm the engineer. And I was like, oh, okay, do you know, let's call her.
Speaker 1: Belinda.
Speaker 2: I go do you are you with Belinda? And he goes, yeah, she's late. Oh geez, oh okay, cool, like after you know, she's done a mountain of research on me, and then she's not even on time. Okay, So Belinda finally arrives. I'm in like a Calvin Klein jumpsuit boots. I mean I took it seriously, the dress like for you know, she's wearing like a leather skirt. She's dressed like she she's dressed like. It's not cocktail attire. Let me just tell you that she's wearing like a little like top and like a like a black leather skirt. And I can't even explain why it's not cocktail attire.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 2: It's like she's going to like a club, not even and and.
Speaker 1: She's like, Hi, how are you?
Speaker 2: Doesn't really apologize for me, like, oh, she's I'm gonna say she's I'm going to say she's mid forties.
Speaker 1: Okay, so she's not. She's not young, but she's not right as old as me. Okay.
Speaker 2: So we go in and work and she there's like two chairs, no snacks, no.
Speaker 1: Coffee. It's a kind of awkward.
Speaker 2: I don't know her from anywhere, and and then I'm like, okay this and I can tell right away she has no sense of humor. So I'm like, oh, by the way, I'm just I thought it would be funny if you said it, but now I'm rethinking it. I was like, I'm not a competitive swimmer, and she's like oh okay, okay, wow, Okay. So the interview starts and she's asking me these questions and I'm just I don't want to wait for these very week these questions that are going to be like so in your childhood. So I'm just like being a good interviewee and I remember a lot of the stuff that I know she wants to get to, and I'm just talking and I can it's fine, and it goes on and it kind of goes fast, and I'm like, I'm giving this woman some gold here, and she's there's something is off about her. Let's just say Okay.
Speaker 1: So we're getting to.
Speaker 2: The end and she's asked me several times about then she wants to come back. We're talking about postpartum depression and how like I started drinking more with postpartum depression and I had postpartum anxiety. So she wants to come back to that. Yeah, And then she's like, so you took medication and I was like, uh huh. And then she's like, but would you say that medication pharmaceuticals? Medication is over prescribed in this country ebly, And I'm like, oh god, is she a scientologist?
Speaker 1: Like what is this? And why? Like why me?
Speaker 2: And so I was like, I mean, I think a lot of times people, I said, I know a lot of people who, you know, antidepressants have saved their life, you know.
Speaker 1: And I was like, a.
Speaker 2: Postpart and depression, it's a pretty She's like, yeah, but do you don't you think that there are other oh oh? And then I was like, well, I mean, you know, I think especially if you're also combining that with a lot of other things you can do to feel better, but like you know, exercise and whatever. And she's like oh, and I said, but a lot of times new moms, you know, they're not able to go to the gym or do a lot of things and anyway, blah, it doesn't matter. She's like, don't you think that people could just like have a nap and feel better? And I said, well, getting more sleep, of course can help. I was like, but a lot of people have like depression and know a biochemical depression and anxiety and need medication. I know it's helped a lot of people. And she's like, but would you say it's over prescribed? And I'm like, this bitch has such an agenda and I don't know what it is, but I'm not liking it, and I'm not liking being put in this position. So I was like, well, I'm not a doctor, so I would never weigh in.
Speaker 1: On something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm trying to also be nice because I don't want to like have like a tense moment. I've already I've already.
Speaker 1: This is like an hour and a half into the interview, right, Oh my god. So then she asks me.
Speaker 2: She's like okay, so she sort of lets that go and then she's like, now's the Now's the part where I ask you for like if you had a motto, like and I hadn't seen this, like I'm put on the spot of like what would your motto be? I'm like, my fucking motto be? Like for what for finding more balance in your life?
Speaker 1: Or whatever?
Speaker 2: Oh god, I make some bullshit up. And then she goes, what are your three favorite books? So I name a couple books I like, and I go what are your three favorite books? And she goes, wow, Ein Rand is like my absolute favorite author. I mean her book changed my life. For anybody that doesn't know who Ein Rand is, this is a whole Like this is the most narcissistic, Like don't help people pull yourself up by your bootstraps. Like yeah, like, yeah, don't give a fuck about other people loved kind of yes, right, I'm like, this is John makes a lot of jokes about my mom.
Speaker 1: Probably her hero is Ein Rand.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: I'm like, okay, okay, all right, now i know what I'm.
Speaker 2: Dealing with, right, I mean, if Ein Rand is your hero, listen, I can understand if you're like, you know, I read Ein Rand's book, like you know, it's it's worthwhile of having a discussion about.
Speaker 1: She makes some interesting points, but.
Speaker 2: That's your hero. She's like, that's why. That's the book that I that changed my life. I started my own business because of that book. I'm like, your own business with it, You're not on time for it doesn't have that many like bitch, you're not doing that well.
Speaker 1: Okay, So then she tells.
Speaker 2: Me on my other book, of course, is Jordan Peterson's. Oh okay, Jordan Peterson the most one of the most controversial figures, transphobic, the most transphobic. You're gonna get yeah, uh, and you know, kicked off of the platform, I mean kicked off of patriot It takes a lot to be kicked off of He's racist, transphobic, I mean now, I'm like, but now the interview is over at this point, Lynnette. So I'm like, and I'm not gonna look, I'm not going to fight somebody over. I'm not going to say anything. I'm not going to make it uncomfortable. I'm not even gonna go like, oh, really that guy's really probably don't I don't care. I'm not here to I'm not going to try to cancel this woman. Obviously, I'm not even saying I have your own beliefs, love Jordan Peterson, be your own person. Thank for thanks for having me on your show. But it was just like it was like the cherry on the Sunday, you know, it was just like.
Speaker 1: This was I already knew.
Speaker 2: I knew I should have canceled this because that audience. As soon as I heard that, I was like, oh now I know what this audience is. This is the anti pharmaceutical, which is also another kind of Jordan petersony thing. I was just like, this thing is very not aligned with my thing.
Speaker 1: That's what I don't get.
Speaker 3: Like, if she does her research, does she not know like, hello, what a libtart?
Speaker 2: I am, like you think she would know? Yeah, why would she well, but here's what happens, and this is how I'll rap what happens is happens some people that have shows, we are like the opposite. We're like publicists give us people and were like, no, no, no, no, why do we care? If we care about this person, give us something that has was the person in prison?
Speaker 1: All right, we'll revisit.
Speaker 2: You know. Are they funny? Are they a comedian? Yes, we're interesting. Are they do they? Are they on Bravo? Sure we'll take them. You know, but if it's just like this person wrote a book about swaddling.
Speaker 1: Your baby, like, no, thanks, we're bored. I'm already asleep. I haven't even finished the email.
Speaker 2: But some people that are trying to get are all guest dependent. So if a publicist pitches somebody and they're like, oh, that person wrote six books, Oh they could they could get eyes on my thing? Yes, you know, So what happens is you have a show? Because I went and looked back at like all her past shows nobody. Oh and when it was pitched to me, it was like she's had bono on so what it sounded like she'd had celebrities.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: If it's like a different bono. It's definitely not the U two bono, because you'd think she would lead with that in her in her interviews. No, all the videos that I saw it's a were no one you have ever heard of. And and this was after the fact, because I was like, what did I just sit for?
Speaker 1: What did I just do?
Speaker 2: And I went and looked and I was like, oh, I should I should have done.
Speaker 1: My reass you should have done.
Speaker 2: That's the beauty of us. We don't do reso. And of course my publicist emailed me how did it go?
Speaker 1: And I was like, fantastic, can't wait for it to come out? Boy, oh my god to promote it.
Speaker 2: No, So yeah, So I made a commitment to myself after this. I have said yes to quite a few other things, but like I'm going to start saying no. I'm going to start doing my research and I'm going to say no to stuff. Yeah it's ridiculous, Yes, yes, yeah, yeah, So I'll tell I'll share with you guys. Maybe I'll share it with you guys when it comes out on Patreon.
Speaker 1: If it's I don't know, I'll have to think about it all right, anyway about it?
Speaker 3: Thanks everybody, good thank you all right, bye bye.
Speaker 2: It's good letting go.