Speaker 1: Welcome Just hind Away Tagalog Sermon Podcast, your daily dose of inspiring from heartfelt tagalog sermons from different pastors and speakers all over the Philippines.
Speaker 2: We hope that this podcast finds you in good shape. And now here's your message.
Speaker 3: You're listening to a podcast from Victory. The Bible has written so that its teachings can be understood by all who will read it as they seek God's help. Learn more about this truth in week seven of our series Wordview.
Speaker 1: Deuteronomy Chapter thirty, verses eleven to fourteen. Deuteronomy thirty versus eleven to fourteen. Now, verse eleven says, now what I am commanding you today? Okay, not yesterday, but today. It's not too difficult for you or beyond your reach. It is not up in heaven so that you have to ask who will ascend into heaven and get it and proclaim it to us so that we may obeate.
Speaker 2: Or nor is it beyond the sea.
Speaker 1: So that you can say, who will cross the sea and proclaim it to us so that we may obey. No, the word is very near you. It is in your mouth and in your heart, so that you may obey. Let's pray, Father, I ask that you would bless the preaching of your word. But I pray, Holy Spirit, that you would illumine our hearts and our minds. Thank you that it is not far away, it is very near. I pray that you would clarify your word to us, so that, just like Moses said, so that we may obate.
Speaker 2: This is my prayer in Jesus name.
Speaker 1: Amen. All right, Very briefly, a brief background of this scripture. This was actually a time when the Israelites were about to cross over Cana and the Promised Land. Okay, they spent forty years in the desert. Now the people that Moses were addressing was a whole new generation. A whole generation died in the wilderness forty years. So Ivan Alam said, Joshua's a Caleb, and of course mosesn't do so. All the rest were probably millennials and younger twenty years or younger. So he was reintroducing God's Covenant document, God's Covenant rules, God's laws. In fact, the court commandment means law the things that I command you talking about the scriptures, talking about God's covenant relationship revealed through this because this Bible, okay, is not just a text. It's actually what God revealed to us of how we can relate with him. Because any relationship, you know, you need to know how to relate with one another. Right, and this is how God told his people we ought to relate with him, whether it's in worship, giving, in all the life of covenant relationship.
Speaker 2: And from this text.
Speaker 1: From this text, we can see that the Bible is revealed. Number one, God reveals his word. That God's word is near. Say that to your seeing Nate, God's word is near. Hindi, Thou sham alayo versus legges. Now, what I am commanding you today is not too difficult, Hindi, Mahira, simply land. The Bible is so simple. What can be complicated with? Thou shalt not steal? Right, it's not complicated. It's simple, easy, simple, Yes, okay, that shall not steal Sabini Moses, it is not beyond your reach. Now, when Moses talks about beyond your reach, is not talking about a physical distance here, but he was talking about intellectual accessibility or capacity. In other words, Indi, Sabina hindim allayud I don't know if you've you've talked to some people. Now puck in anong meadure of tangent, you massa good, okay. I mean, of course, if you have some mental disorder, maybe sometimes that happens, right, But then it comes to gonna Mount Everest, you're gonna lie you. I mean, although some people sobram off tangent, what Moses is saying is the Bible is not so off tangent. Now you know, hindimum a grasp, that's what he's saying. Beyond it's not beyond your reach. Okay, it's simple, you can grasp it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Other words, how can you not grasp when God tells us thou shalt not covet It's simple, it's within our reach. And that's why he continues, it's not up in heaven. Yeah, it's not up in heaven. That you may you have to ask who will go there and explain it, who will go there and proclaim it to us? You know, during that time, they didn't have any planes or rocket ships, right, I mean for them the heavens or the first heavens, So the heavenly the heaven lists, which is you're okay with our eye, you man, stars the moon, it was beyond the reach. So what Moses say, You know, it's not like you have to go up there and you know, get a rocket ship. Although we love a rocket ship, it's not really accessible.
Speaker 2: It's not that now, nor is it beyond the sea.
Speaker 1: I guess even even you may bargaon on okay, while a Bayomana mana luxury cruise liners that go around the world with all these high tech things. I mean part of my amusement partner. I don't know if you've I saw some a documentarylass, but it's there's.
Speaker 2: They don't have anything like that.
Speaker 1: You cannot go all and circumnavigate the world and all of these things.
Speaker 2: You don't have to go that far. You say that it's not concealed the Bible.
Speaker 1: A boot Okay, it's not too far away that you can't lay hold of it for yourself. It's not rocket science, that's what in modern day language, it's not rocket science. How many of you know that If you if the Bible is like rocket science, well definitely we cannot understand it. Right. I remember this physics professor, he has a PhD, and he was he was going to have a tour talking about Quang physics quantum mechanics in the academ several schools and several institutions talking about this new theories on quantum physics and quantum mechanics. So every day, for two straight weeks, every night, for three to four hours, he would conduct a lecture and every night pan lecturing Ama the brightest of the bright Samanasa physics.
Speaker 2: So he'd go there give his lecture, of course, a physics teacher.
Speaker 1: Lecture. So after one week of every night Nagli lecturer, Shah, Driver, I don't think i can go to this next you know, lecture because I'm feeling sick. Maybe I'll take a break, to which Sabin and driver Sir, I don't you know you don't have to take a break. Huh. You know I've been listening to you every night for the whole week, and I can do your lectures, even your hat. I have memorized that. Okay, so you don't have So I'll let's switch roles.
Speaker 2: I'll be the physics professor. You will be the chauffeur.
Speaker 1: Okay. Sure. When he goes to the lecture hall, so he began to the lecture coul he got everything perfectly. The mannerism they he observed and sow. After the lecture three hour lectur, yay. And then he was about to get off the stage, and suddenly there are a lot of hands raised questions, and so he pointed to one person, and this person began to ask this complicated question about quantum physics, into which he said, is.
Speaker 2: That your question?
Speaker 1: That question is so simple that even my driver could answer it. Come on here, can you answer that? And he goes off the stage. I mean, you know, if it's rocket science, it's hard. For example, let me do it practically. I want you to you have a partner, your seat mate, right, I want you to explain, within thirty seconds to your seat mate, Einstein's general theory of relativity. Anyone here can do it in thirty seconds to begin on premio nepastor Ryan. We can't write it's rocket science. It's complicated. But again, to your seat mate, can you share with your seat mate? Okay, God's greatest commandment go for God so loved the world. It's not rocket science. It's simple. It's near. It's near us. That's what worse force ys, the world of God is very near you. How near it's in your mouth, how near it's in your heart so that you may obey it. So that you may obey it. It's near our mouths so that we can talk about it to our friends, to our classmates, to our officemates. Right, it's near so that we can talk about it. But the question are you talking about it with your friends, with your classmates, with your office mats? Simple like mom money? But are we doing it? It's so near that it's in our heart so that we may obey it. The reason why we want to know and understand God's word so that we can obey God. That's the bottom line. This is not a display in your living room. Right, This is not supposed to be a display in your living room. Holy Bible, it's so holy that you cannot touch it. No, it's meant for us to be near our hearts and our mouths so that we can obey it. Why. Because if truth is near, obedience is expected. If truth is near, obedience is expected. If it's not clear, how can you obey it? Application is possible because scripture is accessible. We can apply it because it's so near us.
Speaker 2: It's so accessible. It's so simple.
Speaker 1: God's word is near. But not only that God's.
Speaker 2: Word is clear, say that to your seat mate.
Speaker 1: God's word is clear. Now if we push back a little, okay, if we go back a little.
Speaker 2: Moses gave this.
Speaker 1: Commandment in Deuteronomy chapter six, which is one of the most famous commandments. Deuteronomy chapter six, verse six to seven, Sabaa, These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home, Okay, when you walk along the road, when you lie down, when you get up latlan, but tagisimo patulukmo bagla laga, everywhere you go, you talk about it. Wow, this is to be a lifestyle. The scripture, the Bible is supposed to be part of our life. But what's in here is Abiah. Impress them on your children, talk to them. You don't need to wait for your children to have a degree in order to engage them with God's word.
Speaker 2: Even as little as they are.
Speaker 1: You can do it already.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: The public reading of the scripture was very, very common. The scripture was read over and over again. That's why the culture and tradition of Israel was preserved. Because orally in tradition in La they would publicly speak of God's word of this of what God did for Israel. Okay, public reading of scripture. It was meant for the people to hear, all of the people to hear the word of the Lord, not just for the intellectual elite. Okay. In fact, if you go to Nayemiah chapter eight, verses one to three, remember when Israel was exiled to Babylon for seventy years, and then when they came back by God's sovereign hand. Okay, I think nothing in the last time. When they came.
Speaker 2: Back, Ezra, who was the priestident, gathered.
Speaker 1: All the people, all the men and women of Israel during that time.
Speaker 2: And he began to read the word of God.
Speaker 1: It says there from dawn till noonday, the public reading of scriptures, not on the pastor Ryan pan, going from non dawn till noonday. And they made upon Sara visit within Elam. Okay. So, but imagine it's a public reading so that they could understand what God was saying, so that they could be reminded of what God had done for them, Remember they were in exile. In fact, when Paul was writing his epistles, his letters to the different church.
Speaker 2: It was called a circuit letter.
Speaker 1: It was meant to be read aloud to the synagogue or to the church, and then for the people got to make copies and to share it to the other, their relatives or their friends, their oi, cause there's fear of relationship.
Speaker 2: Okay, So it's not just okay t Lanta. In fact, let me show you one.
Speaker 1: Particular text of his epistle in Ephesians chapter six.
Speaker 2: You know this.
Speaker 1: It's a quotation from the Ten Commandments Ephesian six, verse one to three. Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. Honor your father and mother. This is the first commandment where they promise that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land. Know this. Paul did not say parents, tell your children to obey you in the Lord. He wrote children. He was addressing the children, children and talking to you, obey your parents in the Lord.
Speaker 2: Because Bible is so.
Speaker 1: Plain and clear and near children can understand. And I remember when my own children, Okay, I asked that we we of course, umpisa, we asked them to read the Bible, some simula, some picture, your mamma, my mamma, pictures and all of that. Right, But I remember as we continue to engage them with God's word. You know, Danny, my eldest, when he was four years old, he began to have a he began to question some things. At that time. With four years olds, she could not really read, but we were impressing the.
Speaker 2: Bible to her.
Speaker 1: And one night she asked us that why is it that I want to obey you? But it's hard because sometimes I boss my you know, boss around you. Oh, then we explain the scripture, we explain the gospel, we explain. At four years old, she gave her life to Jesus Christ. And my youngest Luigius now nine years old. Last starting last year, Sabian, Mom, can I use another Bible because other illustrated Bibles? Can I use what he calls the big Bible? I mean the one you're using the ESB Bible to read? Okay instead of that? Because you know, as he continued to engage, he understanding rue. So even at eight years old he is nine now, this was last year, he began to read what we're reading right now. Your children can do it. You know. My third my son Si John, when he three years ago and he was eleven, Okay, in their school, they were asked to memorize Hebrew's chapter eleven. The entire chapter at eleven is a class Mila sa Hebrews Chapter eleven. Imagine that. That's why I challenge myself. Okay, this year I'm gonna memorize some chapter one hundred and nineteen, but thinking one seventy verses. But I'm just one third of the way. But anyway, memorization of scripture is just one aspect. I mean there's reading, there's there's memorizing, meditating. I mean, all of that is important because this is life unto us. You know how the Bible describes itself. These are spirit and life to us. This is important. Now you know the problem why people don't read the Bible. It's not because it isn't clear. The problem why people don't read the Bible is precisely because it's so clear and it's so simple. Because if they read it, they'll be accountable. Because if you read this, thou shall not steal, Thou shalt not gay murder, or Jesus put it be angry in your heart, that's murder. If we read this, it exposes things in our hearts. You know, Thesami said in some one nineteen that the bord of God is a lamp and a light unto us. Peter actually echoes this in Tecod Peter one, verse nineteen, when it says, the prophecy of Scripture is like a shining light in the midst of darkness.
Speaker 2: See this Bible.
Speaker 1: It shines, it puts, it puts light. Okay, it becomes a beacon of light, not just to reveal the darkness around us, but to reveal the darkness inside of us, in our hearts, in our souls. It reveals the greed, the unforgiveness, the lusts, and all the other things that in our hearts. That's why people don't want to read this word. See the law is perfect. The law is perfect. There's nothing wrong with the Word of God. But there's something wrong with our hearts. I want you to closure eyes very quickly. Close your eyes. Imagine there's an intensity twelve earthquake in this room. It's pitch black. There's only one exit door, and it's not to your left. It's somewhere in this room, but you don't know where. You're not familiar. It's pitch black. There's only one way out, one exit, one way to be saved. You don't know where to go. The word of God is like a flashlight that's going to be given to you, point you to the way out. You can open your eyes.
Speaker 2: You see.
Speaker 1: The Law was that beacon of life to point you to the door, which is Jesus Christ. Jesus said, I am the gate, I am the door, I am the way. This Bible was a tutor to point us to Jesus Christ. This revelation of God is to point us to redemption. The Bible, which is perfect, the written word of God, is supposed to point us to the living word of God. Jesus Christ. Let me read very quickly. Is the Romans Chapter seven says in Romans Chapter seven, Verse one of thetis to make this point, do you not know, brothers, For I'm speaking to those who know the Lord. The law binding on a person only as long as he lives. For a married woman is bound by law to her husband while he lives, but if her husband dies, she is released from the law of marriage. Accordingly, she will be called an adult rest if she lives with another man while her husband is alive, but if her husband dies, she is free from the law. And if she marries another man, she is not an adulter rist. Okay, So what is Paul talking about here? He is actually alluding to the church, to us God's people. We are the wife, we are married, okay, to the law. Now a look of Valentine's da, I mean Valentines. So let me ask cynidite young single ladies, single ladies in the house a lamb very quickly condolam, sorry, I'm a lap it. Can you stand up? What's your name? Hi? How do you? Okay? No, Mike cherry Lyn, chary Lyne, cherry Lyne. Hello, there you go, all right, so see me chary line. Can you tell us a new young you list mon ideal husband more? Okay, I'll prompt you, for example, in terms of looks at youra sur face, see ideal? Okay, it's okay, pa safe if you had a list right or see on.
Speaker 4: Our lab specific nada CAUs s what I'm bringing? WILLI lord in your your physical appearance? It's just a bonus along.
Speaker 1: But then Lord an e bonus? What's your answer?
Speaker 2: What if? Okay? Sure?
Speaker 1: Parents is all am, I'll give you wisdom. But the other things what are the other things? The looks cigurable sabotage sabotage, yeah, sigurable omna right now Korea whatever.
Speaker 4: In line with my la.
Speaker 2: Specific okay lake in Korea.
Speaker 4: Cigurubo or most of them see lemon ga ladies.
Speaker 1: All right, okay, how about the physique, Sabi lord, we began choice physic young physical Yeah, because young some someone like, can you take Samson? Do you know that Samson? Indeed madom physically fifth the Bible says he was strong and people were wondering why he was strong anyway, okay, so when he needs a Samson, then you you very spiritual, very you know, no more indicator judge okay, the people will judge.
Speaker 2: Heard you ba normal. How about intellect?
Speaker 4: A very intellectual smart in terms of human educational on a backgrounds is in line with gods smart mming alarm with gods.
Speaker 1: They're given an iron, given a young o. All kay, start working, okay, so someone we are giving that SPIRITU Walsh loves God loves and know so in terms of intellect, but you know my here I mean I did.
Speaker 2: S are you more more?
Speaker 1: And with H. C. Bas Nickson pastor and pastor Dannis and this is called mayaman Canino yama envision.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much Cherylyn, What if God will give her?
Speaker 1: Are you an im alista that perfect person? Yeah, that looks like the pape And then physic Nino Samson, Right, Casino Nino, Let's say see another La see Einstein, and then Cassing funny pastor Nixon, and then Cayamanino chin kitan all right, but godly there was album of godly spiritual italy indeed and godly and spiritual perfect. Oh, he would always be perfect in terms of God's God's will and God's law you knew in you. But the side issue there is He's so perfect indition aka kamalay and every time the man talian a ka kamala, it will be noticed. He never makes a mistake. The inside issue being married to someone perfect right indition kamala perfect battalio better perfectly God. But every time we make a mistake, small or big, it will be obvious and it will be stated every single day La malampa malin salita malingaamo, it will be revealed. You imagine that living like that, we will live lives that are condemned. No, maally, you want to be married to a perfect person. Again, That's exactly what Paul is saying here, this law is perfect. We're married to this, and every time we relate to this, it will point out the bad things. It will point out the darkness inside of us. It's like a shining light. Ops malayu in mo ops malayusin abimo, opps malayan gamo, and he would always be right right. So we have a problem, a dilemma. We are bound to live with this person all our lives, but if her husband dies, she is released from the law of marriage. But if not, we will be called an adulterer. Now there's only one problem. The Bible is not only perfect, it is also eternal. It will never pass away. So what's the solution. The solution is found in verse four. Likewise, my brother, you also have died to the law, to the body of Jesus Christ. It's not the law who will die, it's us. We will die through the body of Jesus Christ, so that we may belong to another, to him who has been raised from the dead. Listen as I wrap this up. This written word, this written revelation of God points us to the living Word of God, Jesus Christ, and the interplay interaction of both. They are distinct but separate the written word was revelation that points to redemption. They tell us something about the nature of sin, the way to be saved, the character of God. This is not meant to make you smartyr, It's meant.
Speaker 2: To get you saved.
Speaker 1: Redemption, revelation redeems and redemption reveals. And Jesus Christ is the full expression of both. Jesus Christ is the full expression of both. Christ is God's full and final app or redemption and God's full and final revelation of himself. Listen, not close. As I've said, scripture perplexity. Scripture is clear. Scripture is near. It is plain to our understanding. It is a light to our path. The Bible is for all of us. It's for everyone, not just for a few people. As someone said, it's like it can be both a brook by which lambs can drink, but it's also an ocean where elephants may drown. It's so simple that children can read it, but it's so vast and wide that it is inexhaustible, as God is. That's why let me encourage you read this. This is God's gift to us so that we can know him. Read it, memorize it, meditate, study, obey it. Josu said, if we do that, prosperity and success, they'll mark your life. Now, final thing with that lens of the living word and the written word about revelation and redemption. With that lens. Let's go back to what we read from the beginning, our original text in deuteronim thirty. This time I want us to see the lens of Paul as he wrote this very quickly. Romance chapter ten, verse five says, for Moses writes about the righteousness that is based on the law, that the person who does the commandment shall live by them. But the righteousness based on faith, says again this is he quotes Moses. Deuteronomy is thirty. Do not say in your heart, who will ascend it to heaven, that is to bring Christ down. It's not the scripture, it's not the written it's the living word, or who will descend in to the abyss, that is to bring Christ up from the dead. But what does it say?
Speaker 2: The Word is near you in your mouth and in your heart.
Speaker 1: Us. If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Speaker 3: You just heard a podcast from Victory. For more messages like these and to access other resources, please visit Victory dot org, dot pH or like our page on Facebook at facebook dot com slash victoryph. Thank you for listening. We hope that you enjoyed today's episode.
Speaker 2: Don't forget to share and subscribe to this podcast for more. God bless you all.