Speaker 1: You're listening to k F I am six forty the Bill Handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: F did we come out a little early cono that we normally do.
Speaker 3: Slightly?
Speaker 2: Well a lot?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean that was enough to sort of miss time, the chewing and the swallowing.
Speaker 3: I mean you had an intro and then like right when the intro hit, you took a bike.
Speaker 4: It was like like your normal sound, yeah, and then you took a bike.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe I wasn't listening particularly. I saw that too.
Speaker 4: I was like, what in the.
Speaker 2: World, I know, I don't care.
Speaker 1: You know, here's my here's my sandwich, all right there it is Chiabata Costco on a ham and cheese, but cheese from Costco ham not from Costco because they.
Speaker 3: Don't have Shabata on a ham and cheese.
Speaker 2: So the press, yes, that is precisely it.
Speaker 1: Well, I was going to say something this morning coming into the Yeah, into the show, and I forget what it is. If I have my boot on, it's driving me completely nuts today I get my stitches out. That isn't that happy? Huh? You know, I should send the picture of my foot. It is absolutely disgusting. I'm gonna try you know what, I'm going to try to get the x ray. The x ray is kind of neat because it shows this rod going right through my foot. That's a lot of fun. Okay, enough of that. Let me say hello to everybody. All right, Will, we'll start with you. Good morning, Will, Good morning?
Speaker 2: All right. Do you miss being a helicopter? I do, Will? It was a plane, but yes, can't find the sky was an airplane? But yes, I do miss it.
Speaker 1: Can't find the sky was an airplane? Now, how many people it was? Adjust you and the plane? Well, no, there's I understand the pilot. I'd do something to do with it too, but they don't trust me alone in the airplane. Yeah, because usually when you see photos of the helicopters in the sky, there's usually two or three traffic people for various stations in the back seat.
Speaker 2: We used to they used to do that, but uh yeah, we were the last of the Mohicans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so now it's will kfi on the ground. Do we even pitch KFI in the sky anymore? Or just KFI traffic?
Speaker 3: It's just traffic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think we even mentioned in the sky anymore.
Speaker 4: We were told to take it out.
Speaker 2: Well, you have to because Toyota or somebody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's because Toyota doesn't sell helicopters or airplanes.
Speaker 2: See how that works. All right, And good morning.
Speaker 5: Neil, Good morning, Willy Wolf, Yeah, Cono, good morning, Good morning Bill, and.
Speaker 2: Uh, heathery're good for you sleeping in this morning.
Speaker 4: By the way, thank you.
Speaker 2: That's quite a right.
Speaker 1: So Amy is still sick and uh, but everybody else is here, all right.
Speaker 2: Do we know what Amy has?
Speaker 1: Some kind of communicable disease where you know, big superating open sores that are like tripping.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but three days that's like.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: Do you think though sores would be healing by now, wouldn't you?
Speaker 4: You would think so.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's that guys.
Speaker 2: All these open shankers that are all over her face.
Speaker 5: I love the fact that you project your entire entire childhood on everyone else on the program.
Speaker 1: Her face looking like a Pepperoni pizza with these red voice issues.
Speaker 4: Yeah, really lost her voice yesterday.
Speaker 6: But whatever's going around, it's spreading through the KFI news booth here because Deborah Mark has also been out for a few days, and so Michael and I are just hoping.
Speaker 4: We don't.
Speaker 6: We're fighting it off. What we what we might beginning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you're when you're on the radio, it's a little tough losing your voice.
Speaker 2: That one, I'll grant you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, but we're running out of people, So everybody, please get better.
Speaker 4: There's nobody left.
Speaker 3: Right, you're gonna have uh, this is Kono with the news. What's going on? Oh?
Speaker 1: You know, and later on and later, later on, I'm also going to be talking about something perfect, perfect. Later on, I'm going to be talking about what time it is, oh seven fifty, about entry level jobs and when you say there is we don't have anybody here.
Speaker 2: We don't have a bench anymore. No one can afford it.
Speaker 1: Radio stations, particularly they you grab people from other markets who would be in the talk show world, there aren't any It's very very tough out there, very weird.
Speaker 2: The model is totally different.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to segue into that coming up at seven fifty. Bottom line is, if you have kids that are entering the workforce, you're supporting them for the rest of your life.
Speaker 2: You can just hang it up. You're they're never gonna work.
Speaker 4: Are you thinking about that?
Speaker 2: It's true though.
Speaker 1: I had a conversation with my daughter last night and I said, how's you know looking for work?
Speaker 2: She's looking for work right now.
Speaker 1: She goes, there isn't anything out there, Dad, And I go, really, do you ever plan on having a job?
Speaker 2: She said, no, do you plan on hiring? Yeah?
Speaker 1: It's yeah, that's really not I mean, yes, as why you're trying to figure out something else. But very few people go to McDonald's for career, although that may be what's left.
Speaker 3: They just keep up in that minimum wage.
Speaker 2: Bro, Yeah, that's true. All right, guys, you're ready to do it.
Speaker 4: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: All right. It is a taco Tuesday, Wednesday, May twenty one. Time for handle on the.
Speaker 4: News with Wednesday Wednesday Wednesday.
Speaker 1: I knew that it's a taco Wednesday, Taco Wednesday, May twenty one.
Speaker 2: It's time for handling on today everybody.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's you eat, it's you eat your tacos sitting on a hump. Okay, why don't we do it handle on the news. We'll try this again with Heather Neil and me lead story. Well, Trump announces the big, beautiful Golden Dome.
Speaker 2: It's the new dome to.
Speaker 1: Protect the big beautiful country against the big beautiful enemies who are going to launch their big beautiful missiles at US. And it's much like the Patriot Missile system in Israel, which United States provides.
Speaker 2: By the way, the Iron Dome, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well gold is a soft metal. I just want that on the Yeah.
Speaker 1: But everything, listen, have you seen the way Donald Trump lives. I mean he is a little baroque. I would not say that his tastes in living arrangements understated elegance. He just likes a lot of baroken gold, So I'm not surprised. Also, it refers to the United States, so I mean there's there's a reason he does all that. But it's now going to be the Golden Dome space missile defense one hundred and seventy five billion dollars while we have no money and we are going broke and we're looking at what two trillion dollars in deficit right now because at the same time, the Big Beautiful Tax Act is cutting a lot a lot of programs. But I think the big Beautiful Dome or Golden Dome will somehow deal.
Speaker 2: With the big beautiful budget.
Speaker 1: It's sort of we'll talk more about it later on because it seems a little contradictory, doesn't it, all of it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it just doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 6: We're trying to save money, cut out, you know, waste, but this says over five hundred and forty two billion over the next twenty years.
Speaker 4: That's crazy, all right.
Speaker 6: Speaking of President Trump, he is on Capitol Hill right now stumping for that big, beautiful bill, and he kind of had a little bit of a warning for GOP holdouts. Somebody asked him, you know, if they're going to face any challenges and he said possibly in the primary. And he said possibly when he was talking to reporters, So might kind of perceive that to be a little bit of a threat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's no idle threat. When President Trump makes that threat, you don't go my way. I'm going to primary you out. I'm going to endorse someone, and we're talking about within the Republican Party and we're not talking about the general election. I'm going to primary you out. I'm going to endorse someone who is running against you, who is on my side and will do my bidding. And if you don't fall in line, you are out the door. And it has happened before sometimes he's lost too.
Speaker 2: But believe me, he's done it in.
Speaker 3: The past, and he does have a perfect record with that.
Speaker 2: No he doesn't.
Speaker 1: No, he doesn't have a perfect record behind herschel Walker. He lost mement Oz. He lost on.
Speaker 2: The endorsement of that judge in Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: And this is after one hundred million dollars went into a judge ship in Wisconsin and he lost.
Speaker 2: But he's won a lot of cases too, He's won a lot.
Speaker 1: It's it's no idle threat. Okay, let's take a break, come back, and we'll continue on with more Handle on the News to handle on a Wednesday morning, Humpday, the twenty first of May, Let's continue more handle on the news.
Speaker 2: Heather in for Amy, Nel me and me. No, Neil in for Neil and me and for me. Yes, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Wow here, Karen Bass, I'm going to applaud this one.
Speaker 5: Just yesterday announced a new policy to make it easier and more affordable to film in Los Angeles. So everyone is kind of coming or at least trying to make an effort to keep entertainment jobs local. You've got production going and relocating to other states, other nations, and I personally think this is a big deal. The Mayor's executive order direct city departments to one lower filming costs, speed up permitt reviews that give crews easier access to popular locations.
Speaker 3: You know, all these places we have here in LA like Griffith.
Speaker 5: Observatory, the Central Library, Port of La and also a cool thing which is a lot of city staff were required on set, and they're backing off on a lot of that as well.
Speaker 1: So I totally agree, except when they are filming on my street and going up the Persian Palace. There was one major street, one house of which two times a week there would be filming there.
Speaker 2: And come on, guys, you know, I mean.
Speaker 3: It's but it's part of the it's part of the industry.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 1: It's on my way to my house and they want I'd be okay if they let me crash the craft's table.
Speaker 3: Where I could get food, you'd get free snacks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they and they won't let me. So after that, you know, no thanks.
Speaker 5: We get scouted all the time. We just got scouted for a new film. But we've they've used our house for filming and they're you know, very good at Oh.
Speaker 2: You have your house, so you've made money on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Wow, yea, this next one would be great if it ends up happening, but who knows.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you get for it?
Speaker 3: By the way, it depends, It depends how long.
Speaker 5: The last one it was only a couple of days, I think, And I don't know it's five six grand.
Speaker 3: It's like two days. And they didn't even use the inside. It was just the outside.
Speaker 2: Wow, if you get you can.
Speaker 5: But as much as it is about that, because you've got to protect your home and all that, but it really is about keeping these jobs in town. And they used to film in my area constantly, and I loved it because you knew it was going to the city and that's great.
Speaker 2: Meantime they were getting my way, so me going home. So you know, I don't care if they.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm sorry, film, yeah, and television, Trump's radio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well certainly it does. But do I get in people's way? Am I at your house?
Speaker 2: Am I stopping you from going to work? I am not? Okay?
Speaker 6: All right, So new details are coming out about the New Orleans jail break. A jail worker has been charged after admitting he helped the inmates escape. It was a maintenance worker and he's been arrested as being held on one point one million dollars bond.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's clearly no dress code for workers in that prison.
Speaker 2: That's for starters.
Speaker 1: And he claims that he was threatened to be shanked if he didn't do.
Speaker 2: That, that's his defense.
Speaker 3: And they threatened to be shanked every single day.
Speaker 1: I think so he could have reported, He could have reported it and now what. So they probably would have just transferred him to another part of the prison, and I don't know, maybe his life would have been at stake.
Speaker 2: It's pretty crazy there. And these were bad guys that escaped.
Speaker 1: Also one of them where they wrote remember too easy too and then easy lol. So he they found him back at the college where he took English classes and graduated.
Speaker 5: All he had to do is give a heads up to the guys in the in the counter at the towers, say hey, they're going to be breaking out at this time.
Speaker 6: It's going to come out that he knowed like maybe his friends with them. I think you don't just do that to have murderers like so many of them.
Speaker 1: Again, you know, if you don't help me, I'm gonna shank you kind of thing. But how often has that happen.
Speaker 4: That's what they told me this morning. Get in here. We're going to shank you.
Speaker 2: Finial, We're very tough here. Uh Two.
Speaker 5: Ukraine, Kiev's European allies are now stepping in and slapping new sanctions just yesterday on Moscow. This is after the phone call between Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin produced anything major really on this three year old ward.
Speaker 3: They're in Ukraine.
Speaker 5: So the new European Union sanctions are going to target what they refer to as shadow fleet, these ships two hundred or so ships from Russia that are illicitly transporting oil and things like that to kind of skirt the Western restrictions.
Speaker 3: So they're saying, well, we're stepping in down.
Speaker 1: I don't know what more they can do other than stop the ships on the high seas, which Putin would consider an active piracy, or stop the countries from receiving the oil which they're getting at a huge discount from Russia under the table. And so I don't know where they can go with sanctions. Sanctions are very interesting. Sanctions go all the way from individuals. You can't do business in the United States, you can't travel in the United States, and if you have any money, we're going to freeze it to companies up to entire sectors of the economy. So, for example, the sector, the oil sector has been sanctioned. Russia cannot sell oil on the international open market, and there is a clearing house where money is paid called SWIFT. It's like a bank clearing house, and that's where countries buy oil from each other, so it goes through this Swift. Well, Russia has been kicked out as Swift as well as Iran, so they have to sell under the table. So the sanctions on that one is entire sectors, and that is really nails these countries. The fact that some oligarch has been sanctioned and he can't cut, he can't get a visa.
Speaker 2: To come in the United States. Come on, give me a break. Really serious stuff.
Speaker 1: So we'll see how much more sanctions that Europe can give or the rest of the world can.
Speaker 2: Nail against Russia.
Speaker 6: So we're getting more details on Joe Biden's health reports. Apparently USA today is reporting his last known blood test to screen for prostate cancer was in twenty fourteen. I read through this and I don't see where they're actually getting that information from. But they're saying that it was seven years before he became president. And of course Biden was diagnosed with an aggressive form of prostate cancer.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, to be fair Biden, and we're gonna talk Gym later on about this. Jim Keeney is coming aboard for Medical News.
Speaker 2: At eight thirty.
Speaker 1: When is it appropriate to test for the PSA, which, by the way, was bought by Southwest Airlines.
Speaker 2: You know that, don't you? So PSA really doesn't exists. No, No, it's no it was PSA, was it? Yeah? It was PSA?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so Southwest now does another test, blood test when you come aboard.
Speaker 2: In any case, it is medical.
Speaker 1: The basic medical science says that after the age of seventy there you don't have to test statistically. It makes no sense, right, Yeah, it moves so slowly, and he got it just as he turned seventy two, so he was within the parameters.
Speaker 2: And then you have to give you know, as much.
Speaker 1: As we make fun of Donald Trump, he just misspoke Grade nine cancer.
Speaker 2: Which doesn't exist.
Speaker 1: It was a Gleason's score of nine, which is a form that's where they it's not just it's not just first stage, second stage or a Gleason score. Uh, and there's also another score they use. So yeah, so he missed.
Speaker 5: Give him a break hut because he speaks in hyperbole so much that it was funny that it's like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this one goes up to eleven.
Speaker 2: It's just a gaff.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, it's it's it's the it's the Jackie Gleason's score.
Speaker 6: I'd be curious to know if this is going to change any of these the way that they test and the you know, the procedures for how they test, if they're going to maybe increase the age or lower the age, or start testing men more over seventy like curious to know if people someone will revisit those data.
Speaker 2: I don't know. We're gonna talk to Jim about it this morning.
Speaker 3: They don't do the finger test anymore.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately they don't. Fortunately they don't because.
Speaker 1: When I went in my last two physicals ago, my doctor said, and I go, okay, start pulling my pants down and starting to lean over, and he says.
Speaker 2: We don't do that anymore.
Speaker 1: The Kaiser Family Foundation, which does a lot of medical research, says statistically it doesn't do much at all. The mortality is the same. And I said, but I bought a coupon book.
Speaker 3: You slipped him at twenty and said, how about now.
Speaker 2: In there you buy ten and you get one free. It's like a car wash.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I want to I want to go back to bed.
Speaker 5: Sorry, he said, you're fine, and Bill goes, I want a second opinion.
Speaker 3: So the guy put a.
Speaker 2: Very nice Also, it's kind of fun.
Speaker 1: What you really want to do is get a former basketball player who's gone to med school. That's the fun part. Okay, this is when you really want a very small Japanese protologist who's four foot eleven and a little tiny woman. What is he?
Speaker 2: All right, let's take it. Let's take a break. You know, you have no Heather, you have no idea. This is not for you. This is a that's not a conversation for you.
Speaker 1: All Right, We're coming back a hump day May twenty ONCET and we continue with handle on the news, Heather, Neil and.
Speaker 4: Me State farming. Oh sorry, what go ahead?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 2: You were me? Yeah? I said, I think it's Neil?
Speaker 4: All right? Is it you or me?
Speaker 3: It is me? God dear.
Speaker 5: The US Senate has passed a new bill that would offer a tax deduction on tips worth up to twenty five thousand dollars if enacted into law, though there are some things that have to be looked at. It would extend a business tax credits for payroll tax on tips in beauty and spa services. But if you if the employee compensation is you know, one hundred and sixty thousand dollars a year and prior in the prior tax year, they would not be eligible to claim the new tax deduction for tips.
Speaker 3: And it's got to be I don't understand.
Speaker 1: I don't understand why people who rely on tips don't pay taxes. It's part of their pay and that's considered part of their pay. I mean, it used to be the only group of people that were not taxed on tips were Moyles, and I understand that, But the rest of the people I don't get. Clearly a cheap political ploy as far as I'm concerned.
Speaker 3: Do you think would they just weigh it? Would it be by the ounce?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Heather, do you know what who a oil is? By the way, I do not.
Speaker 6: I'm assuming it's something Jewish it is.
Speaker 1: Once you look up, why don't you look up m o h e l moil uh not taxed on tips.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's wait, let's wait for m o h e l. I believe moyl.
Speaker 4: Is a Jewish ritual circumciser.
Speaker 2: That's correct. Not taxed on tips, that is absolutely correct. Oh my god, let's move on.
Speaker 4: Why did I come into work today?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Praying for Amy's health right now.
Speaker 6: Amy, you better get back here, Amy King. I will go to her house myself and be like, listen, lady, all right. People are upset over State Farms announcement. We actually did a pull on the kfi's instagram asking people how they feel about this story, and people are upset. State Farm is saying they're going to raise premiums by seventeen percent for homeowners starting in June, and then they could push that figure as high as thirty percent by the year twenty twenty six. Condo owners and runners will face a fifteen percent increase in June and it could go up as high as fifty two percent on their on their insurance their property.
Speaker 3: Called this bill.
Speaker 2: I didn't hand up.
Speaker 1: They have no choice, and the insurance commissioner who makes the call in California's kind of weird because it's the insurance commissioner who says that yay or nay to insurance company wanted to raise rates and.
Speaker 2: He has no choice.
Speaker 1: These companies, how can you not charge more money considering the wildfires and considering the risk of earthquake. They have to, And so the insurance commissioner understands they have to. And so all those people that are screaming, oh, these profits are ridiculous and they shouldn't charge and it's not helping the consumer, well it isn't, but you know, and then move out of California because this is legitimate.
Speaker 3: You raise your people need to use your services. Seems kind of counterintuitive.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, don't they have that when people have to use Uber to go to lax and they have those surge prices. You know, this kind of feels like an extended surge price a little bit. We also just got a massive rate hike on our car insurance. I don't know if that.
Speaker 1: Because everybody's because all these insurance companies are losing money, and to prove it, they're out of California.
Speaker 2: They leave.
Speaker 1: Oh no, well you're making too much money. Yeah, you're right, you know what, We're making too much money. That's why we're leaving the state.
Speaker 2: Now they come.
Speaker 3: Back place where people don't use our services.
Speaker 2: Right in there.
Speaker 1: So now they're there. They've come back because a lot, because the rates were and are being raised, and now they're back to making a profit.
Speaker 2: God forbid.
Speaker 1: We live in a capitalistic society where private companies like making money and if they don't, they either go out of business or they leave.
Speaker 2: What a shocker.
Speaker 1: All right, let's come back and finish up Handle on the News on this Wednesday morning. It is a Wednesday, May twenty one. We finished Handle on the News with Amy gone, Heather here, Neil here, not gone?
Speaker 2: And me okay, state Neil, Neil, Neil not gone?
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 2: Never mind? We're just doing a show. You're studying. There's only one person allowed to do this, you know that, Neil?
Speaker 1: And you you missed your Uh.
Speaker 2: It's your turn.
Speaker 3: I'm on.
Speaker 2: Oh we didn't hear you, did you? No? No, you're not on. Something happened. Okay, maybe you want to turn microphone on?
Speaker 3: What why hear me?
Speaker 2: Well, now I can. It's the you know what, why don't we do this?
Speaker 1: A much better news broadcast is you go ahead and do your story and turn off your mic. I think that would be more entertaining late term. You can do it, you know, you can do do it in an American sign language. That will really flip our listeners out. That's American sign language, and I'd rather not. If that's okay with you.
Speaker 3: I'll do this again for the deaf people in the back.
Speaker 5: Almost ten years to the day after a massive oil spill, you know, wrecked Santa Barbara's coastline. There, tons of drilling platforms were closed. Now a Texas based company says it has resumed crude oil production in those nearby federal waters. And this is you know, pissing a lot of people off in my environmental activists, some state and local officials as well Sable Offshore Corp. Is the group doing this, announced that started extracting oil last week from one of three long shuttered platforms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're going to see now, I'm going to see oil drilling off the coast again.
Speaker 2: Well, but we knew it.
Speaker 1: It's not a surprise if you remember one of the campaign promises, drill, baby, drill, and that is what's happening.
Speaker 2: Big surprise. I don't know why people are bitching now.
Speaker 6: All right, So in the war of words, Neil Young is now chiming in on the fights between Bruce Springsteen and President Trump. He has notoriously been one of Donald Trump's most vocal critics, and he said, he wrote this on his website, Bruce and thousands of musicians think you are ruining America. You worry about that instead of the dying kids in Gaza. He said, that's your problem, and I am not scared of you.
Speaker 1: I wonder what Trump is going to say about him, because you remember he posted about Taylor Swift Ben after he said he hated her. Her popularity dropped. I don't know where he got those stats. And of course Springsteen is a dried out prune of a rocker who is not very talented.
Speaker 4: So he could say anything about Neil Young. I'm sure it'll it all.
Speaker 2: I just can't wait, can't wait.
Speaker 4: It'll be a physical It's something about his physical appearance. I'm sure.
Speaker 3: Uh no, you can go towards his voice too, Okay, too, all right?
Speaker 5: So, speaking of Trump, he's upset at Walmart and says that they need to eat their the tariffs because they're talking about raising prices.
Speaker 3: So now they're going back and forth.
Speaker 5: Because this possible price hike coming our way if you shop there. And Walmart just said, hey, listen, we've always worked to keep.
Speaker 3: Our prices as low as possible.
Speaker 5: We won't stop doing that, but you know, we can only hold things off as long as we can when you have really small detail margins, and the tariffs are going to affect us.
Speaker 1: There's quite interesting that the President the United States is calling a major corporation and say I will decide whether you raise your prices or not. You will not raise your prices because of the tariffs. So I'm assuming at the next ward I'm assuming at the next board of directors meeting, Trump will be will be named CEO of Walmart and will make all the decisions for Walmart. I mean this is called Goldmart, now, I know, big golden, big golden Mart, big beautiful golden Walmart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Trump Mark.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 6: Christy Nome is saying that habeas Corpus is a tool that the government in the Trump administration can use to broaden its crackdown at the US Mexico border. She was testifying before a Congressional committee when she was asked about that concept and Democrats pushing back, saying that that's not what it's supposed to be for that legal principle requires that government provide a public reason for detaining and imprisoning people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she just, uh, well, this is Maggie Hassen, who is And ask Nome describe what is habeas corpus and Noam says it is the president's ability to deport people whenever he wants. I'm paraphrasing, and she said, no, it's not. And of course Nome has no idea what it is. And I'll tell you what the question is is does any cabinet member in the Trump administration have an IQ more than eighty two?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. And then, of course.
Speaker 5: Habeas corpus because the Latin doesn't track there.
Speaker 1: No, the habeas course is basically bring me the body or present the body, and that what that means. No, not quite, because there's plenty of murder without the body, with all the evidence around it. No, it is the concept that if the government arrests you, if the government detains you, you have the constitutional right to demand going in front of the court to have a hearing to say see if the government is right in detaining you. Otherwise, if there is no habeas corpus. The government can keep people in jail entertainment forever, whether a citizen, whether a charge is ever filed, just because of accusation. There is no there is no legal process by which the government can be held accountable except habeas corpus, which and this in the Constitution, it goes back to common law, by the way, hundreds and hundreds of years.
Speaker 2: That's a very serious, serious thing.
Speaker 1: Now, there have been suspension of habeas corpus, always in war, always in wartime, always and you know which, and usually it's presidents, do you know, although who else eliminated habeas corpus? I think Ulysses S. Grant when he was head of the of the US forces during the Civil War. And you know what president suspended habeas corpus the longest uh and uh, the stiffest habeas corpus act. Then when he suspended it, you know which president was to tell Abraham Lincoln during the Civil War.
Speaker 3: I guess that would make sense.
Speaker 1: Suspended habeas corpus three people in jail right from the beginning of the war and kept him in kept him in jail without charging them four years.
Speaker 2: Also, so that there's there's habeas.
Speaker 5: Corpus, also for old punk rockers Habeas Corpus, great band out of the Nardcore movement.
Speaker 1: It's correct, Okay, I think we're done. I think we had time for one more. Yeah, let's do one more, all right, neo okay.
Speaker 5: So back gas Buddy, uh that that fuel saving platform came out and said Memorial Day gas prices for those planning at the road are.
Speaker 3: Are coming down, just not here in California.
Speaker 5: So the national average price gasoline is projected to be three dollars and eight cents per gallon on Memorial Day, the unofficial start summer, but.
Speaker 3: Californiaids, who are already paying much more.
Speaker 5: Than the national average at the pump, will likely not see any of that. So the state gas price is at four dollars and eighty nine cents on average. National average is three dollars and seventeen cents.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kelly, yeah, somewhere at about a bucks seventy five more than anybody else dollar eighty maybe more than the national average.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome to California.
Speaker 1: Used to be fifty fifty cents more because it was always it was always a little tougher, and the restrictions were always there, and you know, we had this summer blend, et cetera.
Speaker 2: But you know, no, not anymore. Two bucks. Come on, give me a break.
Speaker 1: We're done, guys, All right, coming up, John Decker, KFI White House Correspondent, who is our big, beautiful KFI White House Correspondent, will be joining us and you talking about that from now on.
Speaker 2: I'm going to I'm going to when you come well.
Speaker 1: It's a beautiful Yeah, yeah, yes, we're gonna come back with John.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 1: Catch My Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app