Speaker 1: Escape to River Resort.
Speaker 2: This show is a part of the Midnight Ride Network. Hell the Sam with your.
Speaker 3: Name had the time that he is this hand of statue.
Speaker 4: Every started shaking off and who will fly tennis Conna be Hell, win.
Speaker 5: You him out of the freedom starting in a fell.
Speaker 6: And it'll be who like the whole man he's raining down on you.
Speaker 5: Broughtie courtesy and wide.
Speaker 4: Liberals, be warn your viewpoints will be subjected to straight screw.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Right Side Radio just like click.
Speaker 2: My eyes have been blown wild.
Speaker 7: In this present crisis. Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. The nine most terrifying words in the English language are I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
Speaker 1: We have come.
Speaker 7: Together here because the American people deserve better from those to whom they entrust our nation's highest offices. We stand united and are resolved to do something about it.
Speaker 5: You tuned into right Side Radio.
Speaker 2: Happy New Year, folks.
Speaker 4: This is your host, Jack Fairchild's here and of course you have founded it is the Right Side Radio program. A little bit different intro for this one. Since this is our year in review, we look back at the year that was twenty twenty four, which was a strange year in many years many ways, and a good year in many ways, a bad year in many other ways. So there's a lot of stuff to talk about that we want to get into review. This show will be very different from the regular flagship show, as we will be playing clips from episodes from throughout the year. We'll be talking about older stories, of course, that you've heard us talk about already, so it will be a little different. Of course, if you're tuning in on Monday morning, there is no morning coffee this morning is. This is the episode that is being released in its place, our twenty twenty four Year in Review episode. And before we get into some of the events of the year, I want to talk about one that ended the year, something we had not gotten a chance to talk about yet because we were on break when it happened, and that is the death of former President Jimmy Carter. Now Jimmy Carter, of course, you'll never hear me argue that he was a good president.
Speaker 1: He wasn't.
Speaker 4: A matter of fact, he's one of the worst ever. He's in competition for worst of my lifetime. Of course, I think there might be a guy leaving office that might take that title from him, but we'll see. But one thing that I think is safe to say about Jimmy Carter is that he was a good man. That doesn't mean we agreed on policy. That doesn't mean that we agreed on issues. Probably didn't agree on a majority of issues. But he remained scandal free, he was with his wife forever. He was a good man, and despite the fact that he was on the other side of the aisle. I definitely want to send my condolences and keep the Carter family in my thoughts and prayers. But we'll talk. We'll move on to other stories, of course, because again I think one of the biggest stories early in the year was on March twenty six, when a container ship struck the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore, making the bridge collapse, killing six construction workers who were filling in potholes. It's one of the craziest things that we have ever seen happen, and it is considered one of the worst transportation disasters in recent memory, if not the worst ever. The operators of the vessel that destroyed the bridge agreed to pay nearly one hundred and two million dollars for costs stemming from the federal response. The reconstruction of the bridge is not going to come cheap, as it's going to cost between one point seven billion and one point nine billion, So insanity, you know when you look at the cost of those things, But it's one of those connectors they're going to have to rebuild.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 4: On September twenty six, Ricane Helena made landfall in Florida as a powerful Category four storm. Helena. Of course, you know, it moved north and it waked havoc in Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and Tennessee as well. Helena destroyed homes, roads, left people stranded without phone service, water. Helena is considered the deadliest storm in North Carolina's history now and then just a mere weeks later, on October ninth, Hurricane Milton made landfall in Florida as a Category three storm, bringing tornadoes, powerful winds, and flooding rains. So back to back hurricanes was definitely one of those things that cut a lot of our attention. We saw a failure from our federal governments and any kind of response. I think that's one of the most tragic things that happened, of course. Also something that happened in September was when music mogul Sean Diddy Combs you know. Puff Daddy was arrested in New York in September and charged with sex trafficking by force, transportation to engage in prostitution, and racketeering Conspiracy. Prosecutors alleged he ran an enterprise that engaged in sex trafficking, forced labor, were kidnapping, arson, and other crimes. Is accused of using violence, threats, and corrosion to force women to engage in sexual acts with male prostitutes, sometimes lasting days. It's crazy what this guy's being accused of. His trial will be a big story, I'm sure here in twenty twenty five have since sept for May. It's insane that this man was a monster. Just goes to show that you shouldn't be putting these celebrities up on a pedestal. They should not be your heroes because several of them, like puff Daddy, are sick degenerates and you're just seeing and it still amazes me how silent Hollywood is on the arrest puff Daddy. Maybe that's because several of them attended his freak offs and knew what was happening, but stayed silent. We'll see what comes from this trial.
Speaker 1: Who knows. Of course.
Speaker 4: The other thing that rocked the news cycle was the killing of United Healthcare CEO Brian Thompson, as he was gunned down outside a midtown Manhattan hotel on his way to an investors conference. Of course, this led to online anger at the health insurance industry, and some people actually celebrated the murder of this guy. They tried to make his assassin or accused assassin, Luigi Mangoni into some type of hero. Mangonie a twenty six year old Ivy League graduate. He allegedly had a spiral notebook detailing the plans about how to eventually kill the CEO, according to law enforcement officials, And of course, one of the biggest things, and part of the reason I hadn't brought it up yet, trust me, it's probably the biggest news story of the year was there was a presidential election last year, and it saw all kinds of crazy, strange occurrences during this presidential election. All kinds of things that we didn't expect to see happen happened. Two assassination attempts on Donald Trump, the elected Democrat nominee dropping out and handing the nomination over to his running mate, things that we hadn't seen before. It was very unexpected. And here's a clip from the Breaking News episode after the attempted the first attempted assassination on Donald Trump, an assassination attempt on former President Donald Trump, former president, and the Republican nominee for the same office. This is a dark day here in America because again, anytime you have a president, a former president, a presidential candidate face an assassination attempt like this, it's eye opening and it's one of those things that a lot of us are still in shock. We're still trying to process exactly what happened yesterday. A lot of questions, you know, how did this man get on to the roof of a building, whether it was outside of a security perimeter or not, if it was a lat building. How did this slip through the cracks of Secret Service, which is by far the best protection group in the world, and yet this slipped past them? And that was my immediate thoughts. Of course, another thing that happened in twenty twenty four, we saw the launch of the Midnight Ride Network, which the Right Side radio show joined the network, and as part of my duties not just being the host of the Right Side, I joined back up with my good friend Chris McDaniel to host Chris McDaniels America. I'm his number two mic again, which is fun. But there's also another show on the Midnight Ride Network, Godden Country, which stars our good friend Dan Carr and our new friend Reed Cooley, and I wanted to because again playing that clip from after the assassination attempt, I have this clip of Dan on Godden Country talking about his thoughts after the first assassination attempt.
Speaker 8: So we're talking about just a little bit further. And this guy's up there with a rifle. So like Brett Farr or Jimmy Klause, if you put them on that roof, they get almost hit the president with a football, and they're accurate enough to do so. I mean Brett Parr, I mean, great day in the warning that guy could he could throw that ball, Man Rental cutting him, he could throw that ball, Warn Mood.
Speaker 5: And I know I'm naming some older guys.
Speaker 8: I just those guys just had a kid it for an old Fen and they could throw that ball, you know, Dan Reno. I mean, he could hit you a full speed seventy yards away.
Speaker 5: You got a sitting standing steel target, and you.
Speaker 8: Got a guy sitting out one hundred and thirty two yards with a AR fifteen.
Speaker 5: I'm sure he's got a scope on it. That really good.
Speaker 8: I don't see how that happens unless either one they allowed it to happen, or two just incompetent.
Speaker 4: We're still waiting for total answers on that day. It looks like it was more incompetence. But one thing that I enjoy about that clip is apparently Dan doesn't watch modern football because he couldn't name a single modern He couldn't even name Tom Brady. Yeah, he couldn't even name Tom Brady, who's not playing anymore. I understand, but I mean, come on, Dan, come on, Dan, You've got you've got to name a few more modern players. I mean, and who's Jimmy Klaus? I'm not even sure who that is? Is that somebody you played in the nineteen forties, Dan, before they even threw the football. I mean, I don't even know who he's talking about there, Jimmy Klaus, who knows? But anyway, we got to make fun of dam when we can. But the other big event, of course, which followed shortly after that first assassination attempt, was Joe Biden dropping out of the race. It had been speculated after his poor performance in the debate that he was going to drop out of the race because he had a debate performance against Donald Trump that was embarrassingly bad and it left Democrats panicked big time. So they were really trying to figure out how they can get Trump out of or get Biden off the ticket. They hadn't figured it out because they'd already held their primary, so and then when the assassination attempt happened, it felt like there was no way Trump could lose. I myself did not think Biden was going to get out at that point because almost feel like they felt like, well, we're going to lose anyway, but they're scared. Their concern was where they really got frightened was losing the Senate not being able to regain the House. Which they lost the Senate and they weren't able to regain the House. They decided if they rode with Biden, that's what was going to happen. So they kicked Biden to the curb, and once they kicked Biden to the curb, they handed it to his running mate. Here's a clip from right after Biden drops out of the race. I did a special report episode, and here's my immediate thoughts. That date is a date that will now be talked about in history books for years to come, because in the presidential election that is starting to see at all we now have a candidate officially drop out of the race. I have talked about many times the shades of nineteen sixty eight, and they keep coming because now Joe Biden has officially dropped out of the presidential race. Joe Biden is not going to seek reelection this time. He is officially out of the race. He released a letter in which he issued it. I'm going to attempt to try to read it, although it's pulled up on my phone, so smaller print.
Speaker 1: Of course.
Speaker 4: He says, my fellow Americans, over the past three and a half years, we have made great progress as a nation. Today America has the strongest economy in the world. We've made Sorry, I can't read this when he gets into spin because again I don't know that she can say we have the greatest economy in the world when so many Americans are struggling. But basically you get the gist of where he's going. And there you see, I couldn't even get through his whole statement because he couldn't get through his own statement without putting forth some lies. And speaking of lies, the person that they tapped on the shoulder to take his place, Kamala Harris, everything about her during that campaign was a lie. It turned out they tried to create a character in com Harris that she truly wasn't. They tried to spin her into this middle class individual, somebody who understood our struggle. Even though she was born a privilege, she was not truly middle class. And in episode one thirty nine this year, I broke down the truth about Kamala Harris. And here's a clip from that episode, because again during this presidential race, one of the things that we have been told repeatedly is it Kamala Harris is a middle class kid. She didn't grow up rich. Her mom had to scratch and save to buy their first house. She didn't see much privilege. That's the story that they've been telling us. They've tried to portray her upbringing as middle class, even down to working class. They've attempted to tell us stories of her having to get a summer job at McDonald's. They claim that she's from Oakland, California. Of course, Oakland is well known for its blue collar workers. In a recent interview with Oprah Winfrey, she said, I grew up a child of a mother who worked very hard. She raised me and my sister and.
Speaker 7: Say up.
Speaker 4: And by the time I was a teenager, she was able to buy a home. On September thirteenth, she posted on x formerly known on Twitter, let me be clear, I will always put the middle class in working families. First, I know where I came from. So again, you see how she's trying to present herself. We've heard this time and time again where she is a product of the middle class, and kudos to her if that was true. But it seems like if you dig into her past, if you dig a little bit into exactly who Kamala Harris is and exactly who she's catering to, you'll start to see that there's a lot of half truth out there. There's a lot of flat out lies out there too. If you look at her childhood, it shows that Harris and her younger sister grew up with many, many opportunities that most middle class children do not have. We're talking about things like living abroad, private school education, and growing up in truly wealthy or the wealthiest locations in the world. Harris of course, because again for her political aspirations, it is a better story if she downplays her true upbringing. On October thirty first, she described herself as a the Order of Oakland, California, who was raised by a working mother and had a summer job at McDonald's. She was in fact born at Kaiser Hospital in Oakland. At that time, her parents lived in Berkeley, California. Of course, if you know anything about Berkeley, it is a predominantly white, liberal elite enclave in the San Francisco Bay area, home to UC Berkeley, one of the top public universities in the world. If you dive a little bit deeper and you look at her working mother, her mother was a daughter of an Indian diplomat and her father, and met her father as a graduate student. Here's his own father even wrote that Kamalo was born in Berkeley, according to a New York Times report. Harris began downplaying her Berkeley roots years ago when she first prepared to run for statewide office in California. Here's what the article said. It said today she often describes herself with somewhat vague label of daughter of Oakland, a phrase that she ties her to, a phrase that ties her to the working class city with less stigma, and counters Donald Trump's preferred branding of San Francisco Liberal. She was a creation the whole time. She was an illusion, and she was an illusion the media was trying to create. But ultimately the American people didn't fall for it. Ultimately, not only was she defeated, she was defeated in a route President Trump was reelected after a four year gap. I was on the air of the night of the election. Wasn't sure if I was going to get to see it flip over, even though I was looking at the numbers and it was pretty clear there was no path for Kamala Harris, but the liberal media didn't quite want to call it yet. So here is from episode one five on election night. When you look at some of these counties, I don't see where Harris has a path any longer.
Speaker 1: I just don't.
Speaker 4: And I'm going through those counties and watching them this. This looks like it is a It looks like Donald Trump is gonna win this race. Of course we've seen Shenanigan's happen. Uh oh, it just happened, folks. Wisconsin has been called for Donald J.
Speaker 1: Trump.
Speaker 4: He is officially elected the forty seventh president of the United States, according to Fox News. Fox News has projected him the winner with two hundred and seventy seven electoral votes. Harris currently has two hundred and twenty six. So Donald Trump has just been in this again being called by Fox News. They have called Wisconsin. Almost as I was talking about how I didn't see where the path was for Kamala Harris to overcome. Now you see it happen in real time there going over to CNN. No shock, they have not called Wisconsin yet. They have not called Pennsylvania, so they are still holding out hope. But based on Fox News's projections, Donald Trump has won his rally. They are going wild at the rally there. But yes, Wisconsin has now been called by Fox News. Donald Trump is projected to become the forty seventh president of the United States. There you go, people, It is an awesome night to see in an all some site to watch unfold in real time. Let's take one quick Donald Trump was reelected because Joe Biden and his economy failed. Donald Trump was reelected because Joe Biden and his policies on border security failed. Joe Biden's presidency will go down as a failure. Now you may be saying to yourself, well, why are you talking about Joe Biden. That's not who he ended up running against. He ended up running against Kamala Harris. And while that's accurate, it is true that Kamala Harris was the person that ended up being his opponent in the end, it was in fact Kamala Harrit. I mean, it was, in fact Joe Biden and his legacy that they were running against. The entire time, it was Joe Biden and his legacy that made the lasting impact on this presidential race. Joe Biden, if you remember, he won the nomination and then he had that disastrous debate performance against President Trump. Then a couple that with the first of two assassination attempts, and I think the American people had seen enough and at this point we were ready to rally behind Donald Trump. I think you saw a lot of that tonight. Both of those clips were in the immediate after of finding out that Donald Trump had been elected the forty seventh president of the United States. The emotions were raw and why yes, Biden's legacy was a large part in Kamala Harris's defeat. Her being an extremely flawed and terrible candidate did not help as well. We're going to pause right here for a break, but when we come back, I want to talk about the launch of the Midnight Ride and my hope that here in twenty twenty five, we will continue to see the Midnight Ride grow and grow and become a place where people can expect to find true conservative voices. This is the right Side Radio Program. We'll be right back. The Midnight Ride, the home of the anti establishment movement. This network features great programming such as Chris McDaniel's America, God and Country, The right Side Radio Show, Paul Revere's Liberty Layer, and many more coming soon. So check out the Midnight Ride today, head to the Midnight Ride dot com and check out all the amazing content. All right, guys, welcome back here to the Right Side Radio Program. Here we are in our twenty twenty four year in Review, Episode and one of the biggest events for me personally this year was the launch of the Midnight Ride Network. My good friend Jim Skielski and our new friend Read Coolly both came up with an id yeah, an idea to launch a network, and part of Jim's entire vision to get this network off the ground was to include Chris McDaniel. But not just to include Chris McDaniel. He wanted to bring myself and Chris back together again. Those of you who are longtime listeners from all the way back in our terrestrial radio days, you know that Chris and I used to be co host together. He was the number one Mike. I was his number two Mike, and of course having Chris as a number one Mike was a was always fun, you know, and I always enjoyed listening to Chris go on and on about you know, anything. And being able to get back in with Chris and start to have discussions, you know, and be a part of broadcast with Chris again was one of the most fun things that I've encountered, and I'm truly hopeful that we will continue to see the Midnight Ride grow well. One of the clips I wanted to play for you tonight is Here is Chris from the very first episode talking about conservatism.
Speaker 1: It's free markets and it's free minds.
Speaker 6: We may have opinions, for instance, on what we believe people should do or not do, but you cross the line from conservatism into fascism or even socialism whenever you attempt to use.
Speaker 1: Force to control that behavior. That's the problem.
Speaker 6: Frankly, I think vatism the coolest philosophy in the world because it embarks around the individual dignity of each person, and it tells us that we should conserve a space where politicians don't control us. What have you ever heard it put that way? A space where politicians can't control us. Politicians use government as an extension of control. That's all they are. They're big bullies, they have big egos, and they love to tell us what to do. They love to dictate to us how to live. Young people don't like to be told what to do. Conservatism respects that. It says, you know what, we may disagree with your decisions, but hey, fine, you enjoy yourself.
Speaker 1: Now you have to live with the results.
Speaker 6: If you do something really stupid, we're not going to bail you out. But we respect your decision as free people, adult people, liberty minded people, to live your life as you see fit. That's a good political philosophy. Liberalism rejects that, and so does authoritarianism. On the conservative side, What does it say, do as we say? Ah, that's not servatism is conservatism respects differences of opinion and variations of opinion. They want to use government to control us. Wall Is that a bombastic statement? I think it's not right.
Speaker 2: No, it's it's an honest statement.
Speaker 6: Will consider this. How much of their paycheck do you want? I mean, they take about forty to fifty percent every year, don't they.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If I don't have.
Speaker 6: Economic liberty, what liberty do I have? I can't feed my family, I can't pay the gas bill, I can't pay the light bill. But they take take That's control, isn't it?
Speaker 1: On control? They take the fruits of.
Speaker 6: My labor, they rip it from me. That's a sense of control. What about the way I teach my kids, the things they're taught in school, that's control, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: What about the COVID lockdowns? Was that control?
Speaker 2: Very much?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 6: Ultimately, the liberals of this country, the modern liberals of this country, are all about using force. Conservatism is a rejection of that force. That's all this is. And they always talk about free will on that side of the equation. They talk about how we're trying to control them, when here's the fly fee I live by, just leave me alone and I'll leave you alone.
Speaker 1: Is that a bad political philosophy.
Speaker 4: No, I think that's a philosophy that's very, very easy to get behind.
Speaker 6: I think young people would love it if they actually heard it and understood it and understood it.
Speaker 4: I think Chris breaks that down very well, and that's part of why I wanted to include that in this year review episode. But Chris also focused on how our state gop here in the state of Mississippi, continues to fill us with things like trying to expand medicare.
Speaker 6: As long as they whole power, as long as they keep that measly position, or for that matter, try to advance, they'll let the whole thing burn down.
Speaker 1: So as long as they can manage its decline.
Speaker 6: Take medicaid expansion the most anti Republican thing imaginable. We have a Republican lieutenant governor, a Republican Speaker of the House pushing it, and all the other state wides not a word. It's crazy. They're jockeye and they're not even concerned. Why not take a position. I don't care what your position is. If you're an elected Republican official, shouldn't you stick your neck out there and say this is absurd?
Speaker 1: Delbert Hoseman. Yet again, they're so concerned about loosening the seat at the.
Speaker 6: Table they can't even hold anyone accountable. They're all posturing for the next four years. They're all getting ready to run. They don't want to say anything they could offend somebody. So again we see early voting past. That's a Democratic big talking point. We see Medicaid expansion past. I know they're big talking point from the Democrats. Meanwhile, everybody's dead sided because they don't want to offend anybody. The whole point of this is to hold somebody accountable.
Speaker 4: Again, Chris hammering home some solid points there. But of course we're not alone on the Midnight Ride network because in addition to Chris McDaniels, America and the Right Side Radio show, there is Godden Country. As I played a clip from earlier, and here's one of reading Dan talking about their deal breakers when it comes to political candidates.
Speaker 9: If a biolitician is pro choice, I mean to me, that signals a lack of judgment that is going to contaminate their positions on so many other areas. Right, So a pro choice is one of those issues that is a little bit of a deal breaker for me.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And so when it comes to Second Amendment, First Amendment, when it comes to the Constitution, there's some things that are on waibreak and we're not going to back off one. You know, We're not going to move on some of these issues. And I don't even like some of our Republicans move in on some of these issues as well.
Speaker 4: Good words there, and I like the fact that they have their deal breakers. And I also like the fact that you're willing to call out Republicans who are turning their backs on the principles, because I think that is a core thing. The Midnight Ride Network is the anti establishment network. It is the home of the voice of the anti establishment, and I am happy to be a part of that for sure. But we also have some fun at times. And one of the things we found out during the course of the year is that Dan has had not seen the Lord of the rings or star Wars, and that he pretty much is lost when it comes to anything of pop cultural significance.
Speaker 10: I'm seeing much more of that kind of rhetoric that's sort of occupying the world of politics these days, especially among conservatives. I'm seeing, you know, exactly what you're talking about, people, whether they're converting to Roman Catholicism, whether it's it's the Baptist Church or the Methodist Church, they're calling out for Christ again. Because I think what we are noticing noticed in America across the West is that people understand that this mess that Western civilization has gotten into, there's no way out of it without Jesus Christ. There's no way out of this mess. He's the moral absolute, He's the moral standard. Really, all of Western civilization is predicated on the sacrifice of Christ, on the message of Christ. It really goes all the way back to him. So I'm seeing more and more of that starting to take place. But over the last year or so, I've really begun to refer to out enemies in politics and in culture as simply the enemy, maybe with an upper case E, because to me, that encapsulates the fact that we're fighting a spiritual war we're fighting a cultural war and we're fighting a political war, all sort of put together. So whenever you refer to it simply as the enemy's that sort of encapsulates all of that. Plus I'm a big Lord of the Rings fan, you know, so a spoiler alert, and if you read the Lord of the Rings books, by chance, hopefully we have some Lord of the Rings fans of the audience, you'll hear like some of the heroic characters refer to Saluron, the dark Lord as the enemy.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 10: So it's a little bit of a mi nerdiness channeled into into my political outlook and such things. But I am noticing, you know, obviously a lot of negative transformations in the world, but you know some positive as well.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so you mentioned Lord of the Rings. I've never watched Lord of the Rings.
Speaker 5: And man, I've never read you have to change that.
Speaker 8: I've never I've never read one of the books. I've never watched it. So but I'll put that on my to do I'll put that on my.
Speaker 3: To do list, and you will get so much out of it.
Speaker 10: Man, So whenever you read Tolkien, Lewis, you know, the great Christian writers. I would say some of the most important and pivotal contributors to the great Christian literary canon.
Speaker 3: Man, you'll get so much out of it.
Speaker 10: I mean, I'm gonna give a little bit of a spoiler alerd to you, but the audience, the Word of the Rings is really you know, it's a deep theological word. So Tolkien he was deeply Christian, he was Roman Catholic, he was deeply Christian, and he was pouring as theology into every single page of that book. And you know, so it's a movie book. Well, so the movies are based off of much older books that he wrote in the nineteen forty so you know, he wrote The Hobbit that came out in nineteen thirty seven. Then you know, less than a decade later he started working on the Word of the Rings.
Speaker 3: I was originally seven books. He broke it down to three, but three.
Speaker 10: If you watched the extended the trilogy is fourteen hours. That's fourteen straight hours. So it's it's a lot of moving hour movie. It's a free movies. Fourteen hours over three movies. So oh wow, you really got to sit down and get set aside sometime to marathon these.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 10: Man, So maybe get plenty of your sweet tee that you've got here. I get some popcorn and to sit down and binge it.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure Dan will ever find the time to sit down and watch fourteen hours of movies, but he did check in and watch some Lord of the Rings and some Star Wars, even though it seemed like he was struggling to understand the difference between Chewbacca and Chewing Tobacco.
Speaker 5: Talking about Lord of the Ring.
Speaker 9: The Lord of the Rings, Yeah, and then Star Wars who Chewbacca was, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Like two in tobacco.
Speaker 8: I had learn about two in tobacco or Tobacca and I have watched a little bit of Star Wars.
Speaker 2: And but but I've.
Speaker 5: Learned so much with God and Country.
Speaker 8: And now I'm had to go read Lord of the Rings book, I'm had to watch some more Star Wars, and now I've got to go figure out what Dragon ball z is and so But anyway, but I will say this about the Avengers. Aren't about about the the Avengers. But I will say this about you know, the men I write cartoons, is that they're very well put together.
Speaker 5: I mean, they are very good.
Speaker 8: And I'm impressed, you know, with the cartoons and so uh.
Speaker 5: Anyway, I'm looking forward to all of those coming.
Speaker 4: Out, and there was a quick plug on a couple of the little short cartoons the Midnight Ride has put out. I'm not sure what the current status is on any of the cartoon shows. They may be on hold, but I don't know for sure, but again they if you can check out the shorts and they're really good, as Dan said, but then you can you don't have to worry about that Dragon ball Z nonsense. Just focus on Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. You'll be fine. You'll be fine. But of course, like I said, there's been so much that happened this year, and the Midnight Ride being a big part of it. My enjoyment of doing the show with Chris. One of my favorite episodes this year took place on the birthday of Ron Paul. You know, and Ron Paul is one of those political figures that we can actually look up to because he's somebody who always did what he said.
Speaker 1: He's going to do.
Speaker 4: And Chris broke it down really well on his birthday, and I wanted to play this opening from that episode for you.
Speaker 6: Almost the twentieth shouldn't matter. Two conservative minded liberty minded people all across the country. You say, why, what's the big deal? Why August the twentieth does something happen? Was there a coup against the government somewhere? No, no, But there was a great man born that day.
Speaker 1: His name is Ron Paul.
Speaker 6: I know, I know some of you Republicans out there already rolling your eyes. You don't know why you're rolling your eyes. You don't know why you intuitively dislike Ron Paul. It's whatever reason you do, it just doesn't seem to fit.
Speaker 8: Yet.
Speaker 1: If you were to closed those eyes just.
Speaker 6: For a second and think about the things that he believed in, Consider the things that he taught us, Consider the things that he tried to get through our thick skulls. If you would just close your eyes for a second and just ignore all of the noise from all other sources, the establishment specifically, the liberals specifically, and just focus on the issues. What exactly do you disagree with Ron Paul about?
Speaker 1: It's mind boggling.
Speaker 6: I often wonder how it is that we liked politicians. What exactly are we looking for?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: I get it, I get it.
Speaker 6: You want that photogenics steer, tereotypical guy or girl you've seen on TV, right, not even politicians on TV.
Speaker 1: You're looking for that Hollywood actor. The guy should have his hair just right.
Speaker 6: He should have a pen on his lapel, maybe a red time, maybe a blue size, something bold.
Speaker 1: You say, what does that matter? What?
Speaker 6: It seems to matter now more than anything, because we'll elect people that look the part as opposed to people that really know the part.
Speaker 1: All day, every day. Think about miss Harris even now, if she.
Speaker 6: Looks the part, doesn't she shesed it, she's photogenous, she's got all these things going for doesn't have a clue of what's going on. Even Joe Biden, to a certain extent, he looked the part, he played the part, but he really wasn't presidential. We've seen that time and time again of late good speakers, more importantly, good pr people, more importantly big money, big donors, the ability to control the narrative, to outspend your opposition and crush him in the dust.
Speaker 1: Because you are sold out, Yes you are. You know who you are. You didn't raise that.
Speaker 6: Money because you were pure. You didn't raise that money because you were principal. You raise that money because you kissed enough. But to raise that money and say you take that money and you create a caricature or maybe a clean image of yourself when you project that to these uninformed voters that aren't paying attention, and that's how you win offices in this modern age of politics.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure what to blame that on.
Speaker 6: Maybe it was the Kennedy Nixon debate all the way back in nineteen sixty. Remember Kennedy looked like a president. Nixon look nervous cost him the race. They say, goodness, gracious, we've really gotten to that point. Appearances mean everything. I know I'm hammering appearances today, but I say it because again, if you'll close your eyes and just not look at Ron Paul demand and focus on Ron Paul the intellect, how can you not support the guy? How can you not support him? Let's think about this, Jack focused for a minute. Another you're busy over there, but run Paul again, close your eyes, just stop, pretend for a moment.
Speaker 1: I'm not talking about run Paul.
Speaker 6: I'm talking about any random Republican politician. And that politician tells you this. He says, I'm an advocate for limited government.
Speaker 1: And we say, well, yeah.
Speaker 6: The politician says, I'm a strong proponent and a non interventionist foreign policy. We say, man, he's great. The same politician says, we need to do something about the Federal Reserve because as unconstitutional and b it just doesn't work the way people.
Speaker 4: You know, the way it was sold to us makes sense.
Speaker 1: Right, We say, man, this politician is almost something. He sounds so good.
Speaker 6: The same politician says, listen, inflation could be a problem in the future, so let's have something that actually backs the dollar, like the gold preserve. Like that gold used to back the dollar. People don't realize that anymore. It was a hedge against inflation. The doctor meant something. You could take a dollar bill go get an equivalent amount of gold when it was backed by gold. Now what is it backed by the field? Currencies back by thin air. It's back by something because the federal government says it's worth something. Ron Paul recognized a long time ago that in flesh you can be a problem.
Speaker 1: So he talked about this issue and it makes sense. Yeah, it turns out he was right. Okay.
Speaker 6: The same politician talks about civil liberties and it says the federal government's gotten too big and that you, as an individual matter more.
Speaker 1: Than the collective. If we were to hear that, we would all cheer. Remarket economics right.
Speaker 6: The idea that the market should control, that politicians should not control. That a good product should be worth something, a bad product should be worth less. Scarcity drives up costs or drives up price, vice versa.
Speaker 1: In other words, let the market be the market.
Speaker 6: In other words, get the politicians in the government out of the marketplace.
Speaker 1: If we were to.
Speaker 6: Hear that today, we would always say, yeah, taxation. A man that claimed he was against taxation and didn't just claim it, walked the walk every time it came before him. These politicians today, you hear them all.
Speaker 1: The time, I'm gonna cut taxes.
Speaker 6: And the first thing they do when they're elected is to go about increasing fees and taxes and every other thing they can do to increase their own power base. We hear somebody now who was sincere about it a profit ahead.
Speaker 1: Of his time.
Speaker 6: We rejected him his opposition to the war on drugs. He wasn't saying everybody should get high. It's not what he was saying.
Speaker 1: He was saying the.
Speaker 6: Federal government doesn't have about police power in its arsenal Right, it doesn't you think otherwise. Look at the United States Constitution and find anywhere in there that empowers the federal government to create a police force to chase drugs.
Speaker 1: Have you found it?
Speaker 4: It doesn't exist.
Speaker 6: You see, what he was being was a constitutionalist and he was saying these things and it made sense.
Speaker 1: Okay, a politician.
Speaker 6: Nowaday says, states saw the way we straighten this mess up is to give the power to the states and allow the federal government to resume its proper role in place, which is a very small role in place, primarily with foreign relations.
Speaker 1: He said that we say it today and we say, yeah.
Speaker 6: All the Republican's cheered, everybody gets happy.
Speaker 1: And then the last point.
Speaker 6: He was so big on constitutionalism, which I'm not even sure either party knows what that means anymore. But it basically means adherence to a document because it is the founding law of the land. What it really means is protecting it, making sure that government did not grow too much. The Constitution constrained the federal government, it kept that controlled.
Speaker 1: Right. So Ron Paul has a.
Speaker 6: Career built on those principles, those ten very simple principles, And how.
Speaker 1: Do we applaud him we don't. How do we reward him? We don't.
Speaker 6: He said all the right things, he behaved all the right ways.
Speaker 1: He did exactly what.
Speaker 6: He was supposed to do, not because it was cool, not because it was clever. He did it because he was right. And get this, he did it consistently. In other words, he was a man of principal, a man of integrity.
Speaker 1: We say we won't that.
Speaker 6: In politics, don't we We always say we need met a principle and integrity. We don't vote for him. We vote for the Lindsay Grahams of the world. Don't kid yourself.
Speaker 1: And I'm serious, and your sounds funny, and I guess it is, Lindsay. But you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 6: These guys that wake up like wind socks at the airport, they don't have a principal bone in their body. We keep putting them into office, and people like Ron Paul, who were nothing but principal, we mock and ridicule and make fun of.
Speaker 1: We don't know why. Maybe he wasn't the cool kid in school. Maybe it's just our second nature. Don't want to mock people that are better than us. They are more intellectual than us. You cant is intellect.
Speaker 6: Can you check his appearance?
Speaker 1: He looks old and cranky, whatever the case may be. Who cares.
Speaker 6: He's brilliant and he still is brilliant. He was born on this day in nineteen thirty five. He is eighty nine years old today. Wow, he deserves I respect, our admiration. He deserves to smell those roses today. You know, so we honor people all the time once they've passed. Yeah, this man needs to be honored right now for the special person he always has been, for the principal man.
Speaker 1: He always has.
Speaker 6: Been unchanged all those years later. Honestly, man a modern day found.
Speaker 4: Involve well put by Chris, and I went on in that episode and said that my greatest regret was the fact that I didn't vote for Ron Paul. And I still believe that to this day, because I feel like Ron Paul would have been an outstanding president. But at the time I bought into the very lies and the very things that Chris was talking about, because that's how they play us. And when you don't know how the game is played yet, when you don't understand that the game is one hundredcent rigged against us, you don't know to not listen to some of that stuff. But Chris also went on and he talked about Jefferson and Paul in this quick thirty five second clip.
Speaker 6: John the Fathers would come back, Jefferson would.
Speaker 4: Probably already be shooting, you know, he would.
Speaker 6: Not proposing that, just pointing out how angry he would be. Ron Paul was one of the last few great thinkers with that mindset, a man more concerned about liberty than collectivism, more concerned about principle than advancement.
Speaker 1: Right, A rare breed. Where do you find those in the democredit Party Now?
Speaker 4: They don't exist in a small hempful of the Republicans that do are still being slowly drammed out. And that's the saddest part is they are drumming out the small handful of Republicans that still abide by that thought process, those who still honor the platform, who still believe in true conservative principles that Chris talked about in that clip I played earlier as well, We're going to wrap this show up when I get back. I've got one more clip that I want to play. I want to go out on this clip that I've got coming up, but I wanted to take one more break before we get to that. This is the right Side Radio Program twenty twenty four, a year in review. Hey everyone, this is Jack Fairschild's the right Side Radio Program and license reviewed and I want to talk to you for a second about my pillow. My pillow is quite simply the finest pillow on the market. My pillows patented interlocking fills adjust to your individual sleep needs regardless of sleeping position. This innovative fill then holds that position all night, helping you fall asleep faster, stay asleep longer. The founder and owner of Mine Pillow, Mike Lindell, personally guarantees that my pillow will be the most comfortable pillow you'll ever own, and I'll add my own guarantee as well. Now you can get up to eighty percent off of all My Pillow products, including bed sheets, slippers, towels, down comforters, mattresstoppers, even coffee when you go to MyPillow dot com and enter the special promo code Midnight Ride no space in between Midnight and Ride and remember enter the promo code.
Speaker 2: M I D N I G H t R I D E and.
Speaker 4: Say big while getting the best night's sleeper you've ever had? All Right, guys, welcome back here to the Right Side Radio program. The home stretch of the twenty twenty four Year in Review episode. We only got one more clip to play, and I wanted to This one means something to me because you know, this year for positives and negatives. I had one truly traumatic experience this year, and that was losing my beloved Pat Churchill. Churchill the Cat was special friend for me and wasn't old enough to lose when I did. I still don't feel like I got enough years with him. I dedicated an entire morning coffee episode to Churchhill the morning after he passed, and I want to play that for you here, and like I said, it's raw because it's only a day after, so let.
Speaker 1: Me play that.
Speaker 4: This wasn't the episode that was originally scheduled to release this morning, but I decided I wanted to put something else out after personal loss yesterday. We all know that pets are family to those of us who have them, and they mean so much to us. Some of them are here for years and give us great joy for those many years, and some are only here for a brief time. Back in twenty twenty one, I lost a friend of mine of fourteen years in Stonewall, the cat who was my buddy person, who had been there for me multiple times when I needed him, always would jump up. He was a ginormous giant of a cat and his loss was devastating to me. And it was a good friend of mine, Jennifer Perdome, who when I was questioning should I ever get another animal? Should I get another cat? And she was like, because I didn't want to replace Stonewall. She wisely pointed out to me that I wasn't replacing Stonewall. I was rescuing another friend. So upon hearing that, I realized it was okay to go and adopt another friend because I was giving him a home, I was giving him a life, and I was securing friendship for myself in this beloved pet. I went on to different websites to see what kittens were available and came across this little white fur ball that they had named Tom Brady. I looked at this cat and realized I was going to drive to Hattiesburg to the pet smart there and I was going to see if there was connection and remember it as vividly as I can that I reached into that cage and he reached up with this little paw and touched my hand. And I knew then that this cat was coming home with me that day, This little kitten was coming home with me. Now, Tom Brady was never going to be his name in my world. He came home with me, and from that moment Ford he was known as Churchill. Churchill. When I first got him home, was nervous, hid under my bed, which was his safety spot. Anytime something would happen, or a stranger of danger one of my friends would come over, he would run and he'd hide under that bed.
Speaker 2: That was his spot.
Speaker 4: When I went home to work or I went off to work, he would go and that's where he would sleep, under the bed because I wasn't here, so it was safety valve of me wasn't here. The bed was number two. Sometimes he'd be downstairs, or he'd be in the upstairs window, but most of the time, if I wasn't here, under that bed was his comfort spot. I used a toy I purchased when I brought him home to coax him to come out to me. Once I got him to come to me, I was able to start petting him, and he realized, Okay, this guy's all right, I think we can be friends. I always gave him treats because he loved treats. He still has treats on top of my fridge at the moment. I bought him numerous toys. Whenever the ladies that I have that clean my apartment are coming, I would always box them up because I didn't want them to mistake something that he enjoyed and played with as something that needed to be thrown away with. Because he had some little feather things that if you looked at it, you'd be like, well, that's just broken off of a toy, But that was that was gold to him. But he would when I'd put him in that drawer, he would figure how toway like a dog to open that drawer and start to pull his toys back out. He loved those toys very very much. Whenever I would come home for lunch, he'd come running down the stairs to meet me. Whenever I'd get home from work or get home from a trip or whatever, he would come running to greet me. Whatever I was eating, he expected to get his cut. He expected me to share with him, because we were friends, that's what we did. I wasn't eating something without giving him his fair shake. Well, yesterday I came home for lunch from work, like I always do, Churchill didn't run downstairs. I didn't think anything of it at first. I sat down and ate my lunch. But then it hit me and was like, you know, he still hadn't come down. So my first instinct is I shut him in the downstairs bathroom. Nope, not in there. I came and opened the door to the studio, thinking maybe I had shut him in here. Nope. So then I went and lay down on the floor to see him under my bed. And when I looked at him and I saw his face, I knew something was wrong. When I poked him, I knew it was deathly wrong. When I was able to grab him and pull him out, I knew he was gone. This little guy, in just three and a half years of my life, was one of my best friends and was just somebody that touched me. I had this little cat for far too brief of a time, but that little guy was my heart tonight, my heart's breaking tonight. I am recording this episode because I wanted to put something out there in memory of Churchill the Cat, Churchill the cat who made appearances on the Right Side radio show. From time to time. You'd either hear a mew in the background or you'd hear him knock something over from time to time. Churchhill was one of those cats that he was. He wanted your attention, but he would allow you to do your own thing and expected you to do the same for him. But he had a dog's personality and a cat and that was so rare. And that's part of what I loved about him so much. Was this guy was he wanted to be around me. Any other person came over, it was stranger danger. I was the only human that he trusted. With the help of my good friend Chris McDaniel and his son Cambridge, we buried him next to Stonewall. I kissed his forehead goodbye one more time before we laid him to rest. Stonewall was a great friend, an amazing cat, and Stonewall, you were in my life far too short of a time. This has bed morning Coffee with the Right Side. I'm your host, Jack fair Child's and we're a part of the Midnight Ride Network. Now. Of course, there at the end, I was I guess taken back from the grief and referred to Churchhill as Stonewall. But Churchill, you are still missed to this day. But there is a happy ending here if you can find a happy ending through loss, and that's it. Wasn't long after I lost Churchhill and I had said I wasn't going to get another one, but I saw a picture of another white cat. Little kitten looked a lot like Churchill. This picture was posted from New Hope Animal Rescue Center in Pedal, Mississippi. Great people doing great work there. If you have the means to give them a donation, I would highly recommend you do so, because these are these are wonderful people. When I saw the picture, instantly messaged them and asked about the cat. It was a little female kitten. Her name is Pearl. Miss Pearl looks a lot like Churchill, but has a more a different personality and the fact that she doesn't know strangers. But she's very affectionate, and I am happy to say that I did adopt a new friend and give her a forever home. So yes, even though I will never stop missing Churchill or Stonewall for that matter, miss Pearl definitely help fill that void in my heart last year, so why I wanted to share my tribute to Churchill. I also wanted to share with the listeners that I did find a new friend, a friend that is currently curled up at my feet as I record this. So we do get a happy ending of sorts. So now we get ready to walk into this twenty twenty five. What will the new year hold for us? We get to see the second term of Donald J. Trump as he becomes the forty seventh President of the United States of America. It's not going to be easy there. I'm going to be a lot of challenges first for him. Of course, we get to see year two of the Midnight Network and hopefully we see it continue to thrive, and we get to see the Right Side Radio Show continue to come to you week after week, possibly adding a video component at some point before the end of the year. But guys, I want to thank you all for listening and being a part of this journey with me all last year and hopefully on into twenty twenty five. Happy New year, and we'll see you again real soon. This has been the Right Side Radio Programs year in review, and of course we are a part of the Midnight Ride Network, and this show was brought to you by Pearl River Casino and Resort.
Speaker 1: Escape to our River Resort.
Speaker 4: Hey, everyone, this is Jack fairshawd's the Right Inside Radio program and license reviewed, and I want to talk to you for a second about my pillow. My pillow is quite simply the finest pillow on the market. My pillows patented interlocking fills adjust to your individual sleep needs regardless of sleeping position. This innovative fill then holds that position all night, helping you fall asleep faster, stay as sleep longer. The founder and owner of My Pillow, Mike Lindell, personally guarantees that my Pillow will be the most comfortable pillow you'll ever own, and I'll add my own guarantee as well. And right now you can get up to eighty percent off of all My Pillow products, including bedsheets, slippers, towels, down comforters, mattress toppers, even coffee when you go to MyPillow dot com and enter the special promo code Midnight Ride no space in between Midnight and Ride and remember enter the promo code.
Speaker 2: M I D N I G H T r ide and.
Speaker 4: Say big while getting the best night sleep you've ever had. The Midnight Ride the home of the anti establishment movement. This network features great programming such as Chris McDaniels, America, God and Country, The right Side Radio Show, Paul Revere's Liberty Layer.
Speaker 2: And many more coming soon.
Speaker 4: So check out the Midnight Ride today. Head to the Midnight Ride dot com and check out all the amazing content.