Speaker 1: Hey guys, just a quick reminder if you don't have plans the weekend of August to twenty second, and you want to come to Cave City, Kentucky for a great conference called SPIRACCN put on by John Pounders and now you see TV. I will be there with a vendors booth and I will be speaking both days. Come on over and holler at you boy. Go to spirasecon dot com to get your tickets. But if maybe if you're in the Midwest or you're aut Western, that's just too far for you to go. That very same weekend, there's another great conference in Springfield, Missouri, and this is put on by Mike Kerr and here the Watchman, the whole sky Watch team's going to be there, Vickie, Joey Anderson and so many more great great speakers. If you want a ticket to that, head on over to hear the Watchmen m e N dot com. And when you get your tickets at check out, put in justin ten for ten percent off your purchase. Hi, guys, enjoyed the episode.
Speaker 2: We should read our Bibles as men dig for buried treasure, one of.
Speaker 1: The most high game of the nations.
Speaker 3: Their inheritance.
Speaker 1: When he divided mankind, he fixed.
Speaker 3: The borders of people's according to the number of the sons of God.
Speaker 2: In those days and for some time after, giant Nephilites lived down to the earth, For whenever the sons of God had intercourse with women, they gave birth to children who became the heroes and famous warriors of ancient tides. Take no part in the fruitless deeds of darkness, but yet expose that though a thousand fall at your side, though ten thousand are dying around you.
Speaker 1: These years will not touching lies of garden.
Speaker 3: Man, you gotta dig it.
Speaker 1: Hell, old fellow treasure hunters, welcome to the excavation side. I'm just in alongside me. We got Ben, Steven and Chad will be your guides on this excursion. Hope you brought your shovel in your compass because we got the map.
Speaker 3: Let's do.
Speaker 1: What's going on on? My local guys and gals and long distance pals. We're back.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: I think I'm quitting. I can't handle you saying that anymore.
Speaker 3: Nobody likes you quit her No.
Speaker 2: Oh boy. Anyway, what's been going on?
Speaker 3: Work? Laying around work, not so much laying around me.
Speaker 2: Neither.
Speaker 1: Basketball started, so going to a lot of basketball games, my son.
Speaker 2: We've been at a lot of soccer. It's been fun. But that's almost over in a couple of weeks too. And then, man, I tell you, I'm not looking forward to the rest of this fall going through and turn it into winter. It's just I'm if anybody out there wants to know, it's what's the date today? It is October twenty seventh that we're actually recording this, and we have the kerosene heaters going on in the garage today for the last two hours as we're getting this warm enough for us just even be out here. I'm looking forward to summer, how about you, guys.
Speaker 1: I love fall, I love spring, but it seems like in Tennessee you only get two weeks of each.
Speaker 2: You're right, Yeah, this year especially was like that.
Speaker 1: It was two weeks.
Speaker 2: It went from the trees the trees are bare to like being full on green. In two weeks it just boom, it was there. Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Which, well, now we're winding down being a full week now World two since the conference, you still feeling the high from that or looking for another one.
Speaker 2: Now, I think we do need to find something to go to. I've learned so much from that and it really opened up kind of my view a little bit into a couple of other things and just some other things I want to look into that I really had never thought of before. But I think that that was It kind of gets a fire lit underneath you a little bit to want to learn more and want to share more. And I think that's I mean, that's what it's all about. You know, iron sharpens iron, as we always say.
Speaker 1: Until you hit it, it turns into a piece of lead.
Speaker 2: Well, iron does not sharpened lead, and vice versa.
Speaker 1: And it's hard to be sharp hanging out with a butter knife, I'll say, if the shoe fits. Gosh, man, you're so sensitive. I'm sorry, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know what to do. Oh, I'll just take it out there to the grinder and serve it. Ever again, I'll show you a butter or note.
Speaker 1: Well, this time around, our subject matter is actually it's a request from somebody in our Facebook community, Sherry. She suggested a while back that we look into where do we go when we die? And this was a very for me interesting deep dive or dig I should say, got a lot of stuff. This could be easily beat. Two or three episodes. We're going to try to get in one for you. Steve been shaking his head.
Speaker 3: Nope, we were talking earlier. He's got a lot of stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I got several pages myself. I wing it like normal. No, i'd say that computer is loaded down. You're not being modest.
Speaker 3: I haven't this computer.
Speaker 1: Dear Lord, I guess we'll start off with prayer. Whose turn is it?
Speaker 3: I'll do it. I guess bends up, Dear Lord, Thank you for the day. Thank you for this beautiful weather, even though Steve complains about it. Please give us the information needs to relate to our listeners.
Speaker 2: Jesus m inmen.
Speaker 1: That's why I love it. Short. I am to the point. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you ever see that the Lucky words the.
Speaker 2: Muppets Christmas Carol? You ever seen that? That's I still love that the Muppets. You never watched Muppet.
Speaker 1: Christmas care I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that's so good. But those two, the two guys that well, guys that are in the balcony all the time. But Waldorf and Statler making fun everybody. They said the same thing, FIZI makes a speech and they're like, it was short. It was to the point. I loved it, just so I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't put a lot of fluff on nothing.
Speaker 2: There's no need to shorten to the point. All right, Well justin kick us off.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess, uh. You know one thing I like about us is if you guys are unaware of how we do this, this is not a scripted show at all. This is off the cuff.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Basically, we all pick a subject matter, we all three dig in write notes, and we don't even compare them. We just sit down and we just shoot from the hip and tell what we discovered. And if somebody found something different from what somebody else did, we just discuss it. And I think that works out really great because is Stephen find stuff that I never thought of and being he comes out of left field with his capon to save the day. And it's I mean, you honestly take something or I do anyway from everybody each time we do this, so you know, three sets of eyes are definitely better than one.
Speaker 3: So I'm in left field and I'm a butter knife. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: They say in therapy it's not what you say, it's how the person perceives it. So I'm sorry that you heard that.
Speaker 3: Then that's great.
Speaker 2: Well, I think when we get into this a little bit, we got to start first of all, right, from the beginning, right if you go back to the garden Veeden and you think, you know man Adam was made to live forever at the point in the garden, right, But after sins and owner's the world, we have to pay the price, and that's part of it. The price is death. The wages of sin is death. Right, So what does what does that say?
Speaker 1: When?
Speaker 2: When? When it when we're in the old or when we're in Genesis, it says that you know from dust you were made and from to dust you will return. So that's the first thing. When we talk about death, you're talking about your your earth, your earthly body, right, not your spiritual being. Your earthly body, which is not perfect, it's sinful, right, your body. We talked about it with the Vicky Joy stuff that we talked about last or from the conference. Yeah, I think it was Vicki Joy or maybe it was Time Done, I can't remember, but we were talking about how your your your spirit if you're a Christian. You cannot be possessed. Your soul cannot be possessed because the Holy Spirit's already living there. But it can take over other parts of your body, right that those other parts are those are the evil parts of your body. The other the other I shouldn't say parts of your body. That sounds bad, but the other it can take over those other place is the Holy Spirit is not residing. That evil can set it rest. And yeah, it can of press and attack and those things. That's your earthly body. It's sinful that there's no way around that. We all, we all sin, we all short for or fall short of the glory of God. Right, so in the end, first of all, we all must die. It just has to happen. That's part of what it is.
Speaker 3: No one's living forever.
Speaker 2: No one's living forever unless your names, unless your name's Elijah or Enoch.
Speaker 1: Which one thing I found doing this study I didn't notice before when you said the quote about Genesis, you know, uh, that's also an ecclesiastics Yes, you know, dust returns to earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it, Uh, which I just kind of wrote down verses that I stumbled across that just you know, vaguely, you know, mentioned death or talked about it. Let's see Ezekiel eighteen four. All souls are mine, says the Lord Psalms one forty six four. When breath the parts, he returns to the earth. And that kind of struck me because when you go back to the you know, creation account of Adam, you know, Genesis chapter two, verse seven says that he was a lifeless body until the breath of life entered him from God. So it was like, you know, God, God made Adam. He was a lifeless body, you know, and then it said that God breathed the breath of life into his nostrils and he was awakened or came alive. And I thought that was pretty cool because I got to look, you know, looking into it and thinking about it a little bit, and I was like, God, God gave all of us the breath of life. We're here, we're talking, we're you know, alive. So it's like God gave a small piece of himself to each and every one of us. And just like a river that's flowing with water, all the water droplets is humanity, each person, each soul, each piece of God. Well, all the rivers flow straight back to the ocean from which it came to the source. And I think that was a pretty cool correlation. It was like, you know, God's the source, he gave us a piece of himself, and we're all just trying to get back to the source.
Speaker 2: I like that a lot. That's a that's a good way. I like that a lot. Yeah, it's pretty deep, and that kind of hits you a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 2: I guess the next step here, as we can go along, and obviously with the whole shows about is then when we pass away. And this is where I know me and Justin talked about this a little bit earlier in the week, and then me and Ben talked about it a little bit earlier today about when you actually pass away, you know what happens. And we have some differing opinions on this, and and that's that's good. I mean, the thing is, we're digging in, we're looking at things, and and the whole point of what we're doing here, and the whole point of our Facebook group, the whole point of everything that we put out there, that the web page, everything is for everybody to dig in and let's hear your interpretation, Let's hear what the scriptures say to you. Our whole point is to open up that dialogue, to encourage people to dig in find those nuggets, as Justin loves to say. But anyway, but it's the community. But the whole point is to help us grow together. I mean, that's the whole.
Speaker 3: Point, interact and everybody, you know.
Speaker 2: But so when we talk about where do we go when we die, and and the something that I think will agree on is if we start in the Old Testament and we go and it's really strongly used in the Old Testament. As a matter of fact, it's you sixty five times in the Old Testament is the word shield and.
Speaker 1: That's clumsily translated over well to hale, a generic, you know, catch all term.
Speaker 2: It became it is well hades. Especially when we get to the New Testament, it's more interpreted as hades. But the you're right, that's the part where everybody kind of just assumes the exactly. But I think that as we go along and as we read some of these things, there's there's a few different things that we need to differentiate. But here I'm gonna pull my notes up here.
Speaker 1: Which one catch all phrase. I think that everybody, I think when we mentioned this subject, that it comes to everybody's you know, forefront of their mind is you know Tewod Corinthians five eight. You know, they say, you know, to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord, you know. And even in Luke, you know, I think it was twenty three forty six. You know, Jesus at the cross said, Father, in your hands, I could meet my spirit. And he drew his last breath, but he said it is finished.
Speaker 2: See now that is where me and you, I think have a little bit of varying theories on what all that means. I know, we believe that that's when he he fulfilled the law. He had brought the completion of the law into But when he passed away, you know, he had looked to and we talked about this earlier. Ben the He looks to his side and he has the two prisoners either side, right. The one prisoner's mocking him, and the other prisoner says, truly, you are the son of God. And he looks over at that prisoner and says, today you'll be with me in paradise. Now. One interpretation The interpretation of paradise that we take from that from the Hebrew is it's often interpreted as Abraham's bosom. Right, Abraham's bosom was also a reference, a reference to Shiel. And when we look at different parts of this and different verses of Shiel, it talks about Sheiel as not only the place where the fallen angels were sent down. You know, when we talk about Tartarus or Gehenna, you know it was the place where they were locked in chains was Shiel, but also the place where after you passed, where you went there was Abraham's bosom. Paradise was also part of she There was different parts of Shields where there was the righteous and then there.
Speaker 3: Was the torment, the tor valley between.
Speaker 2: Exactly and from which there was no escape from either.
Speaker 3: It s you can both escape together.
Speaker 2: Yes, So I think that's the where we have to lay the foundation biblically. I don't think we can dispute any of that.
Speaker 1: Now, do you have any verses or scripture that talked about basically the Jewish cosmology and how they solve the afterlife for a black of bed or understanding for the listeners.
Speaker 2: You go ahead, I know I have a couple here. I got a one that I.
Speaker 1: Found was Psalms eighty eighth, starting with verse three through twelve. It says, for my soul is full of troubles, and my life draws near to shield. And you know, like he was talking about she old, you know, literally means you know, land of the dead. You know, it's just kind of like a blanket, you know. Term It says, I am counted among those who go down to the pit. I am a man who has no strength, like one set loose among the dead, like the sling that lie in the grave, like those whom you remember no more, for they are cut off from your hand. You have put me in the depths of the pit, in the regions dark and deep, which is you know, the Hebrew word to home, you know, associated with the abyss the Abuso. Your wrath lies heavy upon me, and you overwhelm me with all of your waves she lae. You have caused my companions to shun me. You have made me a horror to them. I am shut in so I cannot escape. My eye grows dim through sorrow. Every day I call upon you, oh Lord, I spread out my hands to you. Do you work wonders for the dead. Do the departed rise up to praise you? She'llah, is your steadfast love declared in the grave? Or your faithfulness in abdon? Are your wonders known in the darkness? Or your righteousness in the land of forgetfulness? So you know, Eva mentions Abdon, which is another variation of Apollyon that's mentioned in Revelation when the great Head opens up, so like he was saying, you know, the how they saw the afterlife, sheeld was a generic term for the land of the dead, and in the land of the dead was the righteous, was also the wicked. And then like they talked about, you know, Abraham's bosom was supposed to be where the good ones went and the other one was where the bad ones went, and there was a huge rift, great divide in between. But underneath that is what they called in Greek, you know, Tartarus is where the Genesis six and rebellious fallen angels were kept in chains till the day of judgment. But even above they believed in a three tier heaven.
Speaker 2: Kind of just we use this term before piggybacking off a little bit too and kind of taking it a little bit Further, is that whole terminology shield as well, is it's it's used many different ways throughout that throughout the Bible. For what it's used, I mean, it's interpreted sometimes is underworld, right, It's interpreted sometimes as the grave. There's many different ways because the translation when they take it, they take it to the context that it's written in. So when we read it, you know, it talks about you know shield. Let's here, there's a couple more here. For example, let me give you one here like Job twenty four nineteen. The grave consume sinners just as drought and heat consumes snow, and that that word grave is the word shield, but they use it interpreted as grave. So anyway that I guess the important part to come out of this right here is I know I'm backing it up a little bit, and I apologize for that, but there's a there's I know, I gotta pas, I gotta go back here for one thing that I think is really important to to talk about. Should have brought it up initially justin keep going for a minute.
Speaker 1: Which I guess just like kind of breaking down the three tiers. I just kind of wrote a little something to like Abraham's Bosom for instance. You know, it's only mentioned in the book of Luke, you know, Luke sixteen nineteen through thirty one. You know that this is you know, in the Cannon, that's the story of the rich man Lazaruth. You know, it talks about you know, which we'll go into more detail about later, but this is just kind of generic, you know, overview. But it talked about a great gulf that exists between the good and the bad. You know, Verse twenty six describes it as a place of rest, peace and joy, you know, in other words, you know, it was paradise. It was synonymous with paradise. So when you hear empty garden, yeah, similar, Yeah, so when you hear them mentioned Paradise, they're referring to, you know, in my opinion, Abraham's Bosom. You know, later in Luke chapter twenty three, verse forty three, you know, Jesus tells the thief on the cross today you will be with me in Paradise. First Eenoch twenty two also speaks on this, you know, separation of souls. But then you know, like I said earlier, the realm of the dead shield you know, literally means place of the dead. You know, lots of English Bibles translate the word into hell, you know, not the fiery hell that comes to your mind, but you know, the Bible indicates it's a temporary place where the souls go as they wait for final resurrection or judgment. You know, good, go to the paradise and present in the presence of God. You know, a part of Shilh called you know, heaven paradise or Abraham's bosom, but those you know, are mentioned there, but also in Second Corinthians chapter five and eight. But then you have the lake of Fire. But that's future, that's you know, after the judgment, that's the final destination, the final death.
Speaker 2: And that's exactly what I wanted. That was leading up to that verse. And I thought we should have talked about maybe in the beginning. And I was my bad because I even had it written down. Read this verse. But when you talk about that, so we all die, we said that already, Yeah, right, that happens, it says, and this is Revelation twenty one to eight, right, and this is exactly what you're talking about. It says, But as for the cowards and unbelievereds and detestable persons and murderers and the sexually immoral people, and sorcerers and idolators and all liars. Their share is in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death. So we as Christians, we die, our earthly body we die. We're saved as far as as far as we have salvation, our earthly body dies, We're gone.
Speaker 1: We leave.
Speaker 2: You know, this dimension, this real this realm, whatever you want to call it, exactly, but we don't die again. We're done. We don't have that. The un leavers, the people who were trying to reach, the people who are not saved, when they get to that point, they will suffer that second death. And that is exactly what you were just saying, that ultimate lake of fire. And and we'll get into it in a little bit. I have a couple of things that I want to read out of here. That that there's a book that I have brought. My dad actually gave me that was he was very big on this. But there's a book by Maurice s. Rawlings that is it's called to Helen Back Life after Death, starting startling new evidence, and it's about a surgeon, like an er doctor that would deal with people when they were going through dying, like and when they code or whatever, and then he ends up bringing them back and what these people saw and some of the people lived good, long lives and and they tell their stories in this book to him. After that he interviews him after everything they saw, and he started as an atheist and his experience is seeing what happened to people on that table changed his life to become a believer. And it's a pretty amazing book. And he actually I think there's two of them, but this one. We'll read a couple of stories out of it as we when we get a little further along. But I think it's you know, when we talk about the good and bad of dying, as far as where we go when we're believers versus if we're not. The reality. If you read this it it's terrifying also, I mean obviously in the other side of it, because I have a couple of different save that are the not so good, and I have a couple save that are the good. But I think it's important to see both sides of it. But I think that that is it's just is. I mean, it'll hit you, it'll hit you right in the face, real hard. Convict you just a little bit.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, And what's crazy is you know, even back in the Old Testament, you know, all the Israelites they hoped for resurrection from Shield, and even the non believers, whether they believe it or not, they're going to be resurrected too, but to a final judgment in eternal you know, damnation and fire. You know, first Thessalonians chapter four, verse sixteen, it says, with the sound of the trumpet of God, the dead in Christ shall rise first, so that there's you know, you know, obviously the righteous resurrection to their our new glorified heavenly body. You know. John chapter five, verse twenty eight through twenty nine, it says those in the tombs will come out, those who are righteous to the resurrection of life, the wicked to judgment. And you know, Daniel in that's Old Testament, chapter twelve, verse two just repeats the same thing. And the last one I got a acts chapter two, verse twenty seven says, you will not abandon my soul to hades, you know, Shield. So you know, back then they were even looking forward to to the resurrection and the bringing out of shie Al the land of the dead.
Speaker 2: So this is where I think things get a little dicier as we go along as far as the interpretations, because if we look at the Old Testament, it's very blatant. It very much says that you know, everybody goes to Sheol, that's where you go when you die. It's very gotten dry. The difference the thing that I have kind of come to believe, I think more than sorry, I'm trying to pull up on my my logos here still, I tell you what. As much as I love this, it's just got too much information, and I keep getting sidetracked in seven different ways.
Speaker 1: But and we're most divide at honestly, and I think that's kind of what you was building to. I'll just speak on it while you're topping there and trying to find it. But is we're the divide and opinions for the most part is some believe that that we are in rest until you know, Christ returns and then we're all to go to heaven final judgment. And then some believe you know that you know, we're you know, it says to be absent from the body, to be present with the Lord. Well that you know to them that means that they are in heaven with God. So I think that's kind of the so theological great divide the way.
Speaker 2: Well, and this is right, it is you're right. And I think that that's and I was raised Lutheran, which it always it always specified you either went to heaven or hell. That's where it was used or used. That was the way I was raised. But I think a big part of it is when you look at that. You look at when Jesus died, he said to that thief on the cross next to him, today, will be with me in paradise. Jesus died right, descended down into you know, the prayer would go. The prayer goes when you're in the luther Church. He descended into hell. On the third day he rose again, but he didn't descend into Hell. He descended into shield. What was interpreted later is hell. He descended into shield. But I believe at that time he went down and that's when he he declared victory over heaven. And when we talk about did you say that the the the believers, the dead in Christ shall rise first, I believe more that that's them being brought up to heaven, that that at that point Jesus declared victory Jesus said one. At that point, Jesus dying for us on the cross completed that that ends. Right at that point, there's no other there's no other battle to win. The war's already won the whole final judgment is coming. But it's coming for those watchers. It's coming for those those people that are still down in You want to call it Gna, you want to call it, you want to call it Tartarus, you know, Hades, you want to call it hell. But that final judgment's coming. When they're coming Shield, Yeah, but when they're coming.
Speaker 3: Pretty much what you're saying is Jesus come down, preached, declared victory, and he took everybody with paradise, and so the only things left is Hades.
Speaker 2: And if you look at the New Testament when they talk about Shield, actually shield doesn't get talked about as much. It's talked about a lot more in the Old Testament. It slows down a bit. New Testament when it talks about it, it more talks about a third heaven and a couple other things. It's kind of interesting the terminology. But there's actually a quote by another author, I really like I should see I'm really behind on pulling this stuff up faster when I'm in the middle of talking.
Speaker 3: But this.
Speaker 2: Guy, his name is Matthew Y Emerson, the bachelor's at Auburn PhD. Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. He's authored over twenty different publications. But this is a quote that I read from one of his articles that I thought was kind of interesting, and it says, now all those who die in Christ die knowing that death has already been defeated and Shield has already been decimated. We'll still wait for the Messiah, but now we wait for his second advent, not his first. This may be why the New Testament uses terms like third Heaven or sleep to refer to the resting place of the Lord's saints rather than sheeld. The intermediate state is no longer a place of darkness and gloom because the light of the world has entered it. And I think that's the way that I view that is, is that now Jesus has taken that, now that he's taken those people that were in Shield, those believers from Abraham's bosom, and now they're with him in Heaven, and that's go ahead.
Speaker 3: I guess it'd be more there with him in heaven, but maybe not in the presence of God yet.
Speaker 1: No, I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to unpack what you're saying.
Speaker 2: I believe that now. I believe they're there. I believe they're in the presence of God. At this point. I think that that when it talks about heaven, right, it talks about and exactly in the presence of that light. You know, there's no sun because God is so bright. That's the light that we're talking about. God is so bright He lights up everything. And actually, when we get over to this book again, well we'll get a couple of parts that I think kind of hedge on that a little bit and kind of add some some you know, we always like to add in and we talk about using those non biblical texts, but I think using some real life experiences from people too that help, you know, just solidify the fact there is a definitely a positive afterlife and a negative afterlife when it comes to God. So I think we'll get into that here in a little bit.
Speaker 1: But one thing, as want it was actually next on my list. It was being kind of funny, you know, it said I got my notes, said, is Grandma in heaven now? Or how about that hateful old man that lived down the street. Is he inhale? Now you know Sewo Corinthians five eighteen, we mentioned it once before, but you know it says, you know, absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. You know. Then Romans eight thirty eight says, not even death can separate us from the love of God. And then the next I got it, says Psalms one thirty nine, verse eight. It says, if I make my bed and she'll you are there, so it refers to a bed. So therefore rest Abraham's bosom is described as a place of rest and peace. And you know, the psiln must be saying, you know, if I make my bed and she oh, you are there. So therefore it still holds true to Sewo Corinthians five eighteen, absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. Because even Romans chapter eight, verse thirty eight. I just said, not even death can say separate us from the love of God, you know, So being in the presence of the Lord, you know, in my opinion, it doesn't prove that it is in quote unquote heaven. The Psalmist talks about God being with him and she old the land of the dead. You know, the Psalm just mentioned that. I just mentioned it refers to you know, the bed, and I said that earlier. I'm rereading my notes again. But Hebrews chapter twelve, verse one talks about a cloud of witnesses. You know, I know I've heard a lot of people say, you know, well that's you know, the righteous dead that's passed on. You know, they're cheering you on and watching from above. You know, my you know, since I've read Unseen Realm and been digging and stuff, you know, my paradigm has been shifting a little bit. I believe that that is the divine counsel because you know, Joe thirty eight, verse seven says this council was there at creation. You know, they are the you know, quote quote elder brothers. Hebrew chapter twelve, verse twenty three calls them the first born. You know, here we see the final Heaven. But this is at the end, you know, at the final trumpet, you know, the final Heaven you know that comes.
Speaker 3: Down, you know, heaven that comes sits on the new Earth exactly.
Speaker 1: Yes. Uh. But one thing I thought was interesting and I shared this with you when we was at the conference. I never seen this before, and when we study and I found it. But John chapter three, verse thirteen, Jesus himself says, no one has ascended into heaven except he who descended, the Son of Man. And at this point he was still alive, you know. So yeah, at that point, no one had ascended. But at that point he hadn't descended either. So it was Jesus speaking like prophetic looking ahead because you know, these things haven't happened yet, but he saw he knew they were coming. But later in that same book, chapter thirteen, verse thirty six, says, he's telling I can't remember it was Peter or who it was, but he says, you cannot follow me now, but you will follow afterward. After the final trumpet in revelation, the dead in him shall rise first. And that made me think too. Enoch and Elijah they quote unquote ascended, but Jesus said, no one has ascended into heaven.
Speaker 3: So it's like, or did they just go straight to paradise. That's what I was getting at. That's what I immediately thought. I said, they didn't have to live.
Speaker 1: They they they went to the good side of the land of the dead. You know what I thought of, and of course the famous one. And we've been, you know, dancing all around, you know one Peter three nineteen. You know Jesus in she ell slashed hardress.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Uh, well, let's just read that. We keep talking that. Let's just where is it first Peter three nineteen.
Speaker 3: So he went and preached to the spirits in prison, those who disobeyed God long ago, when God waited patiently while Noah was building his boat. Only eight people were saved from drowning in that terrible flood. And that water is a picture of baptism, which now saves you not by removing dirt from your body, but as a response of God or to God from a clean conscience. It is affected or it is effective because of the resurrection of Jesus.
Speaker 1: Is Christ.
Speaker 3: Now Christ has gone to heaven, and he is seated in the place of honor next to God and all the angels and authorities and powers except his authority. Right.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, and that's one thing I think is you know, frustrating to me is like when you hear people or especially like you know, pastors, I don't know if they just don't know about Genesis six honestly, if they just don't know, or if they do and they're purposefully taking the supernatural out of it because it's it's well, we're comfortable, yeah, because I mean it says plainly he you know, went down and witness to the ones in prison, right, you know. And then in that same before the flood, that's all that, that's Genesis six, fallen angels, that's the reason why the flood can flom. I mean that the correlations are all pointing right at it, you know. So it's like and then they talk about, you know how I can't remember what's the one where it says he he led out There is one Peter three nineteen and Ephesians four eight and Psalm sixty eight eighteen. I'll talk about how he led a host of captives free. So the way I read it was like the good ones are in paradise. It's described as you know, you know, with the presence of the Lord. It's talked about, you know, just a place of rest and where all the righteous are. That doesn't sound like captives to me. So when he led a host of captives free, to me, it can't be the righteous in paradise, because how are you a prisoner or a captive in paradise.
Speaker 3: Well, I can see it. I can see it too. Ways.
Speaker 2: It says it's unescapable either way, right.
Speaker 3: Well I can I can see why. I can see it two ways. They it's either Christ worst, you know, he went down there and preached, you know, look at me. This is what I've done. He could have given the ones on the side of torment a second chance, you know, who's never heard of them before the flood whatever? Right, possibly, or I've also heard it argued as they might be in paradise, but they're still separated from God. So therefore that was the chains because they they were still chained because they were separated from God. So now they get to go to God. I've heard it. I've heard it both ways, and it just kind of makes you scratch it.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know that that episode that me and you did right on the Law and then I got to dig it into that, you know, and it talks about and that was in the Law is Dead part two. But the ones of the that are the prisoners and that was set free is the ones that was prisoners to the Law of Moses. In my opinion, I've heard it that way too, because Galatians.
Speaker 3: Three when we talked about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because Galatians three ten says cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the book of the Law of Moses. So therefore it's been called a curse. Galatians three twenty.
Speaker 3: Three is a curse because you can't you can't do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, Galatians three twenty three, before faith came, we were held captive under the law, and then it says imprisoned until the coming Faith would be revealed.
Speaker 3: So there that could have been Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: So what I say right there, you know, I mean the host of captives he led free? Where was the living that was captive and prisoners? As Glatians specifically says it to the law. But my side of it was excluding the dead.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not talking just the paradise.
Speaker 1: No, I mean not even that, because I mean I'm not.
Speaker 3: So the law is no more, not not shill at all. You're saying that now because of Christ, they're not bound by the law, the chains of the law that they don't the law doesn't apply anymore, so therefore they're not judged by the law.
Speaker 1: My my opinion was is when we die, we go to shield and there's divides righteous and good, and then there's tardress underneath and it's a place of rest and peace and stuff for the righteous. And the captives that he led free was the ones that are now living us because we were once coordin to Galatians. We were cursed, we were once captive, and we were imprisoned, all the law, all the things that it says that he freed from. So now I'm not saying that, you know, Christ and God is now you know, present with them in paradise, because even it said that God walked amongst Adam and Eve in the garden before. So I'm just saying, but you know, so that that could fix the whole, you know, to be absent from the bodies, to be present with the Lord and because and the only reason I do that is just because by my interpretation of the scripture, because that that makes the revelation in trump at work, because the other ways don't work. Because I mean, if we've already went to heaven, when he comes back and blows the final trumpet, it says the dead in him shall rise first. Well, if you if he led a host of captives free already there's nobody dead to be raised up because they're already gone.
Speaker 2: I think that's why it's really important though, because I like, we all have different views on these different ideas and and how we put them together. You know, we all dig into this information and we take different tidbits from it, and we're we're working our best at interpreting things and in our new with our new glasses, on our our our spiritual supernatural worldview. But that's that's a big part of what we've been focused on with this whole group. That's what we founded it on. And on top of that, you know, check out our Facebook group. You know, it's the dig Bible podcast on Facebook. And and we just love diving into this stuff. We're gonna disagree, and that's okay, Yeah, that's okay. The whole point is not that we disagree. The whole point is that we're digging into the word. We're we're sharpening each other. What we say, iron sharpens iron. We always say that. I mean, honestly, you.
Speaker 1: Hear a piece of lead, you hit a piece of lead, that's the inside joke.
Speaker 2: But but iron sharpens iron. So the more and more that we look into this. The more and more we put our ideas out there, don't don't think that you know you have an idea, share it.
Speaker 3: You might.
Speaker 2: You might be opening somebody's eyes. You might be helping us along that path. And I think it's just so important that we.
Speaker 1: Keep bouncing ideas of yes so much.
Speaker 2: And it's okay, no if.
Speaker 1: We say something you don't agree with, you know, as long as you're not coming at us. But you know you false prophets, just like you know, hey, I like the show, but you know on this point, I think it's this And that's fine, and that's fine. We'll talk back and forth about it and we you might have something we never thought about and we will shake your hand digitally and thank.
Speaker 3: You for it.
Speaker 2: In one Peter three point fifteen. Right now, we talk about this all the time to say that, be prepared to give a reason for the hope you have, but do it with gentleness and respect. So when we do this, we can have differing point of views. That's okay, we can have that, but we have to say it in a way that that you know, we're just trying to help each other out. This isn't this isn't a hateful place. This isn't an idea to shoot people's ideas down or a place to shoot that down for pier people. No, this the whole point of this is to help build each other up, to help us dig further into the Word. And because I don't agree with your idea, it doesn't mean you're wrong. I might be wrong.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: We won't know till we get there. But that's the whole point of this. So we want to make sure that you guys feel good and comfortable coming on the website, coming on the Facebook page, and really and Facebook page the same thing. It's Thedigbible podcast dot com. It's amazing. I would give justin tons of props on how he put that together. Honest to goodness, we're not as professional as that website makes us look. It's unreal, But it's just it's a good, safe place to bounce ideas off other Christians that we can kind of help each other through this and help keep learning. So I think that's just an important part to kind of segue in as we as we keep going.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you said it beautifully. Couldn't agree more. Ah, even if I did disagree, I do oh about said disrespectful, I mean respectfully. Well, I guess h power on through. Let's take a look at We're gonna go into Lazarus and the rich Man. So you got your bibles with you. Check out Luke chapter sixteen, starting in verse nineteen. This is the rich Man and Lazarus parable from Jesus. He says, there was a rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen, and who feasted sumptuously every day. And at his gait was laid a poor man named Lazarth, covered with sores, who desired to be fed with what fell from the rich man's table. Moreover, even the dog came and licked his sores. The poor man died and was carried by the angels to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried and in hades. Being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham from far off in Lazarreth at his side, and he called out, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazareth to dip the end of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am in anguish in this flame. But Abraham said, child, remember that in your lifetime received good things in Lazareth in like manner bad things. But now he is comforted here and you are in English. And besides all this between us and you, a great chasm has been fixed in order that those who would pass from here to you may not be able, and none may cross from there to us. And he said, then I beg you father, to send him to my father's house, for I have five brothers, so that they may warn them least they also come into this place of torment. But Abraham said, they have Moses and the prophets. Let them hear them. And he said, no, father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent. He said to him. If they do not hear Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be convinced if someone should rise from the dead. So, like, you know, there's you know a couple of things that stand out, Like to me, you get the whole concept of the cosmology, like we've already talked about. You know, you have the good section, the bad section, the chasm in between. It says that no man may enter or leave these places once they're in.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So to me, it's like they can't crossover. Yeah, so that that debunks the whole ghost theory. You know, once you're there, you're there, you leaving, and he even requests, you know, one of them. He even even requests Abraham, you know, to go and talk to his brothers, and he's like, you know, they ain't gonna listen to the prophets, they ain't gonna listen to the dead. And as a matter of fact, we can't even go if we wanted to. You know, it's basically what he told him. So you get to see the cosmology and stuff of the different chambers and stuff like that. I thought that was interesting.
Speaker 2: No, I think that's amazing. It's amazing every time that we look at this, and you know, the Bible gives us everything we need to know, and then it gives us a glimpse into everything else. And that's why we always say that we have to keep digging into it to keep learning, because there's so many other references throughout the Bible where you can jump back and forth and find these these other keys that help you keep going in that direction, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I was looking through to see I got all kinds of little highlights and notes.
Speaker 2: I had another verse on this too that was really.
Speaker 1: Which with my notes of course, you know, I mean I told you kind of my view on it. So I mean, but it said ancient Israelites believed in three heavens or realms or dimensions. It says here the Great Versus, the righteous Man was carried by the angels to Abraham's bosom, while the other was in torment and Hades, you know, you know Shield, but Abraham's bosom, you know, could that be the second heaven? You know Eden, you know shield under the ground above Tartarus, the great divide being, you know, like the firmament, the first heaven, you know, while the third heaven, you know, where God presides himself in the third Heaven, you know, this is where Jesus is preparing his place for us, you know, the new Jerusalem that comes down when Heaven and new Earth is created. Just you have heard of proposals.
Speaker 3: I've heard, yeah, I've heard. I can't remember where I heard it from. But they were talking like you know, picture floors in heaven, and like God was, you know, up there in the penthouse his throne room, and then like the angels and whatever had their own floors that they were mostly on. But it definitely makes you.
Speaker 2: To go back just a little bit, a little bit on what you were saying with Lazarrith and the rich man, right, Isaiah fourteen nine, This is one that I thought kind of fit that place a little bit. But this is it was actually a taunt at the King of Babylon, right, And it says, in the place of the dead, there is excitement over your arrival. The spirits of the world leaders and the mighty kings long dead stand up to you talking about going to hell. I'm sorry talking about going to hell. When it was talking about the taunt for the King of Babylon, the talking about going to hell, that part wasn't in the verse, but it was a taunt talking about when you do get there, when you get to that, you know that bad side of shield that those other and I love that it points that out. And you know, you think about so much in the Bible, we talk about how you know it was written back at a certain in time, but it still speaks to us today, and it says right there, it says, the spirits of world leaders and mighty kings long dead. So those corrupt people in high places right, they're waiting in shield for all those other ones to come down. It's they're just it's it's ultimately it's pretty prophetic, but it's really sad. Well loves company, misery loves company. But it's just really sad to think that even the you know are as much as I you know, you'd like to think you can help everybody get to heaven. We all want everybody to go to heaven.
Speaker 3: In the end, we do.
Speaker 2: I mean, I I want my very the people that hate me the very most, I still would love them to go to heaven because in the end, that's what it's all about. No one, no one should be in hell. No one should be. But in the end, it's sad that this is prophetic telling us that the future, you know, that that there are people that are not going to be helped, that are not going to get get there, that are not and and and there's nothing there. I mean, to to some degree, there's nothing we can do about it. But our mission is to try and do the best we can to get as many people. We always talk about that too, is is you know, the whole point is to empty out Hell and fill up heaven. I mean, that's the main focus of what we're doing here is to give people the view of it, to let them understand the world is supernatural. We're seeing it all around us. I'm sorry, I'm getting off subject again, but the world is supernatural. It's all around us. We can see it. It's there. People understand there's supernatural things happening around us right now. And if they go to certain churches or or into certain groups like oh no, that that's not that's not real, that's not then that's going to turn them away from God. The truth is, the supernatural stuff is all around us. It's always and there's well, we talked.
Speaker 3: About most churches, only pick a few, but we talk about Daniel and then that's you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, That's the thing with the church nowadays is the Christian people have a supernatural worldview, but only when it comes to Christ and Christ only. You know, they believe in the Immaculate Conception and the resurrection and all these miracles that Jesus done. But when you want to talk about demons, falling angels and the like, no, they don't believe in that. But now there's a heaven, there's a hell.
Speaker 2: Well going right with what you're saying, going right with what you're saying. That I think is the biggest problem is it shows you that most of the Christian population is fine just going to church hearing what they hear and not reading it and digging into.
Speaker 3: Their bier and to what they want to hear.
Speaker 2: Well, they hear what they want to hear, but they're not reading the Bible. All this stuff is plainly put there. And I'm not saying I'm any better than anybody else, to be honest, not until we started doing this did I start really getting serious about reading my Bible and getting getting slapped in the face and convicted all the time by reading that. I mean all the time, I'm reading things that just jump out the page at me and slap me in the face. And I'm sitting there going, oh, you're right, should be in the word all the time, And I wasn't. I mean I'm literally talking six months ago I wasn't, and now I'm I'm reading that Bible. I try to read it every day, and if I don't, if I don't read it every day, it's six days a week. And I'm not saying I'm that that's better than anybody else. Does or whatever else. It's not. The thing is is that it took me. I'm forty two years old. It took me forty two years to get to that point, along with some pretty rough life experiences that push you to that point to get you to that point. And you know, God is we got to listen to God. God. We have to let God talk to us. We have to listen to Him. And like I said, I think for a long time I was trying to hear what I wanted to hear, and now I'm hearing God tell me. I'm taking the time to listen to what God actually is telling me, and it gives me a piece that I have not had for in my life ever. And I'm being that one hundred percent serious about that. I have never had the peace that I have right now. Even with all the things that have recently happened, I have not had the peace that I have right now. But anyway, let's back this up. I took us so far off track, took us so far off track. But uh, we're gonna go into I think First Enoch now, so justin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, First Enoch. It goes more into the the cosmology and stuff of the Bible and what the you know, the Israelites believed. But first Enoch chapter twenty two, it says, and thence I went to another place, and he showed me in the west another great and high mountain of hard rock, and there was in it four hollow places, deep and wide, and every smooth. How smooth are the hollow places and deep and dark to look at. Then Raphael answered one of the holy angels who was with me, and said to me, these hollow places have been created for this very purpose, that the spirits of the souls of the dead should assemble therein Yeah, that all the souls of children of men should assemble here. And these places have been made to receive them till the day of their judgment, until their appointed period, till the period appointed till the great judgment comes upon them. I saw the spirits of children of men who were dead, and their voice went forth to heaven and made suit. Then I asked Raphael, the angel who was with me, and I said, unto him, this spirit, whose is it? Whose voice goes forth and maketh suit? And he answered me, saying, this is the spirit which came forth from Abel, whom his brother came slew. And he makes his suit against him to his seed is destroyed from the face of the earth, and his seed is annihilated from amongst the seed of men. Then I asked, regarding it, and regarding all the hollow places, why is one separated from the other. And he answered me and said, unto me, these three have been made that the spirits of the dead might be separated. And such divisions has been made for the spirits of the righteous, in which there as the bright spring of water. And such has been made for sinners, when they die and are buried in the earth, and judgment has not been executed on them in their lifetime. Here their spirits shall set apart in the great pain till the great day of judgment, and punishment and torment of those who curse forever and retribution for the spirits there He shall bind them forever. And such a division has been made for the spirits of those who who make their suit, who make disclosures concerning their destruction when they were slain in the days of sinners. Such has been made for the spirits of men who are not righteous, but sinners who were complete in transgression, and other transgressors. They shall be companions, but their spirit, but their spirits shall not be slain in the day of judgment, nor shall they be raised from thence then I bless the Lord of Glory, and said, blessed be my Lord, the Lord of Righteousness, who rule us forever. And that's the end of chapter twenty two. So when you count them, there's four hollow places in the Book of Enoch. You had one for the children of men, which able makes the suit for them. A second one was for the righteous, a third was for the sinners, and then was for the rebellious sons of God.
Speaker 2: Tartarus a game es six. Yeah, wild, that is that is wild. Actually I showed you guys, and we'll put it up here at that point on the Facebook page. Kind of an interpretation that that I'm trying to remember what the name of that was now, but interpretation illustration, i should say, of of what that actually looked like. And it was their Clearance Lark and biblical illustrations, and they have a he's a pretty interesting picture of you with that, not saying either way, take it for what it's worth, but it's just another person's opinion on how that would look. So we'll put that up When this is going out and that way, you guys can kind of have a have a illustration. I'm a visual person, so that helps me along as well.
Speaker 1: But what do you guys think about the the first hollow place that it mentions, It says, you know, it was made for the children of men and that able makes suit for them. That one kind of made me think for a while and scratch my head. I'm just curious what you else come up with.
Speaker 2: I'm wondering if that's talking oh you go ahead, sorry.
Speaker 3: What if that's talking about children who die but has not they're not to the age of.
Speaker 1: What's it called accountability?
Speaker 2: Accountability or absolution is what the Baptists called the age of absolution.
Speaker 3: Which what that age is I had no idea, but you know, to where the you know, they're still they don't know what's truly right and wrong. Yet they don't there's still at a childish state.
Speaker 1: That's definitely something that comes to mind. That's what I was, That's what was in my thinking when you said that vac sense. I mean, because it says the children of me and so obviously there's a separate place in nursery in chield.
Speaker 2: And that that's a good point, because that's the the you know, we talk a lot about We've kind of talked about some of that stuff indirectly, but like baptism and things of that nature. You know, people think, you know, certain certain churches believe that, you know, because of our c our sinful nature, that we have to be baptized as an infant to make sure that we get to Heaven. Where I I don't believe that because before if you look at David, David had an infant that died, and I can't I don't have the verses rap I had. But King David had an infant that died.
Speaker 3: With Sheba the first and and he wept, and he wept.
Speaker 2: And cried, but says, I will see you again when I when when I pass on. So he knew that that that that baby, that that infant was going to be in heaven, even though that baby doesn't have the wherewithal to say, oh, I accept Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I firmly believe. And we've talked a little bit about this before, is that when you're that young, you have not willfully sinned yet, you haven't made that like we have willfully sinned. We have done things we know are wrong at that age, when you're an infant, when you're a baby, when you're I don't know exactly at what age you all of a sudden know that what you did is wrong until mommy and Daddy tells you. But you don't know what's right and wrong with that point, you know what I mean. There's a point when all of a sudden you understand. But if you're an infant, you're a day old, right, you haven't You are born with a sinful nature, but at that point you have not willfully sinned. So I believe fully that God has a veil of protection over infants and the or for example, children who have been aborted or things of that nature. I fully believe that we will see all of them in heaven. I fully believe that.
Speaker 1: Oh just think, so.
Speaker 3: He's up there ables trying to what say, wiping the blood line out.
Speaker 1: When I said, he's making suit for these children, you know, until you know, I guess Kane's bloodline is.
Speaker 3: Okay, Cane okay, insaid, Just think about all these people who have if you know it was gone, going after their own bloodlines.
Speaker 1: That'd be kind of rough. What I was gonna say, was when he was talking about the whole child baptism thing. Have you seen some of the videos of that sprinkling. No, I mean I've seen some violent ones, man, I mean like infants grabbing them by the arm and dunking the them like slamming. I seen one this priest. He was like body slamming this infant in this water like four times, and the parents are sitting there like, oh my God. And I'm like, he must have known their parents. He must have known their parents and make sure the sins of the father are getting washed off that thing.
Speaker 3: I would say, say four times. I was family issues going there.
Speaker 1: Well, it's kind of like the whoopings, you know, the birthday wolpings. You get an extra one for one to grow on. He got the father son, Holy Spirit. And just in case I missed a spot, but don't I.
Speaker 2: Was only sprinkled. My friend. I was baptisted. We were raised Lutherans, so we baptize their infants and you have you know, you would have your sponsors. They would always have sponsors and uh, it's my my uncle, Warren, aunt Karen or my sponsors. And they're the ones that answer like a so they come and they answer for you. I don't know how. I mean, I'd have to look more into that. But Baptism and the Lutheran as far as from the Lutheran is one of the one of the true sacraments, like it's it's a crucial thing as an infant where you know, you think about Baptists, where Baptists it has to be your volitional ye after you, it's after you accept Christ, and that's the and that's the same thing with you know, we're non denominational, and I've been another non denominational churches too, and it's usually more of that Baptist line of thinking where you have to make that choice and it's a true submersion rather than a sprinkling or something of that nature. But you have to make that choice. And I and in the end, I kind of understand that because when we get to that point where we get to the age where we understand right and wrong, we understand heaven and Hell, we understand all those things, we have to make a conscious choice are we going to follow Jesus? So we're going to follow our earthly desires, And so that makes sense. You know, your baptism is a symbolic is a symbolic way of showing God that you are His. Is a way that committing yourself to the Lord. I mean, that's really what it is. It's committing yourself of the Lord.
Speaker 1: But like Derek Gilbert said in our episode, you know he talked about you know that John the Baptist, the actual location where he was doing that was in the land of Bashan, and it was an act of spiritual warfare.
Speaker 3: You know that.
Speaker 1: You know, when you die, you go down to shield, which was the waters the Abuso sivilized chaos, and that you come back up you're resurrected with a new, you know, heavenly body. And these fallen angels and watchers that you know, wanted to live the eternal life. I have to sit back and watch and resurrection is denied to them.
Speaker 2: Now I gotta find this because I think it My gosh, we get off base and then I start remembering other things that I think are really important when we're talking about it. But there's a verse in Acts, which I've been telling these guys, that's what I've been hid into lately and just delving into it really deep. But there's a verse in Acts that talks about Paul going into a city and and and trying to see if these people had the Holy Spirit, and it said, no, you've only had John's baptism. You've not been baptized with the Lord Jesus Christ. So we talk a lot about baptism, and it's something I want to go into more in the future. But with when it says they did not have the Holy Spirit because they had John's baptism of water, right, they weren't baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Or and does that mean necessarily were they, you know, baptized in the water or is it talking about a baptism of by the Holy Spirit, like as in Pentecost when the Holy Spirit came upon them and they had the you know, the the flames on top of them. Is baptism of the Holy Spirit a spiritual thing as opposed to a and I mean it's spiritual either way, but as opposed to this symbolic you know, John was was giving them a symbolic rebirth, right, John the baptist was it was a symbolic rebirth. He's done in the water. Like you have said, you're going to commit yourself to to the Lord. You know that that that Jesus is coming. You know he was, he was He was the one, you know, paving the road for Jesus coming. That's what That's what John was.
Speaker 1: Well, it was a cleansing because even like a lot of people miss and I love how doctor Michael Heiser talked about it, the sacrifices and stuff in the temple was not it was for It was basically like a temporary cleansing to make you holy before you went into the temple. You know on Earth is God's temple. Yes, And that was all old covenant stuff. You know, Jesus came new covenant, so new uh, cleansing. I guess you could look at it that way.
Speaker 2: Well, Jesus gave us the permanent cleansing. That was the thing. We don't need those sacrifices post Jesus, but that that that blood of that flawless animal, whatever it was, whether it was a dove, whether it was a lamb, whatever it was, that was giving. That was That was you were putting your sin, your your sin, your sinful nature. I'm that animal and being temporarily made clean. It's almost like the version of Catholic confession in a way. If you think about it. You know, you're getting everything off your chest and saying I did all this, now you're forgiven. Okay, now this week, I did all this. Now I got to go back and do it again. That's the same kind of thing.
Speaker 1: It makes you wonder if the Pharisees had some kind of like inner monopoly going on with the farmers.
Speaker 2: It may be, but you know they ate. Well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which we got off track like we normally do. But one thing I thought about it yet back, I'll do it this time, let's back it up, all right. But one thing I thought about it, of course I did. I thought about what Ben was saying. But then I was like, well, what's the significance that Abel is making suit for them?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Could it be that these were murdered children? Are these aborted children or just murdered?
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say it would be the murdered aboarded children on top of infants dying after birth or or.
Speaker 2: Being able to make that decision, or a one and.
Speaker 3: A half year old got in a car wreck and.
Speaker 1: Passed away. But that's the one thing I was like, you know, because the Bible don't throw no junk at you, right, you know, I mean there's stuff's in there for a reason. So it's like, you know, that was me. You know, my wife tells me, I think too deep into it.
Speaker 2: That was Enoch. That wasn't the Bible.
Speaker 1: It said that well Jesus quoted. If it's good enough for Jesus, it's good enough for me. But it's like, you know, why why was able making seats? Well? Abel was murdered. Maybe these maybe these he's the first.
Speaker 2: Murder you know, he was the first person murdered. Yeah, it's an interesting thought, I think. But I think that that's a good way of looking at it because I think in some in some way because I've never gone you know, we've all had bad things happen to us in our lives, we all have. But I am blessed to say that I have never had I've never lost a child or something that I can't even imagine what someone goes through, the heartbreak that what would that I can't even fathom that. I mean, that just puts you in a different realm. And to have the comfort to know that that child's in heaven, that that child's waiting for you, I think has to be something really powerful for people who have gone through that to know that they're actually the lucky ones because they have their they have their they're with God already. We you know, we're still we're still working our way through this life. But they're with God already. And that's that's got to be a powerful and a blessing to some people who have had to go through that, because I don't know how you would otherwise not knowing that they're with God. Yeah, you have that, well, you don't just have you know, there was a time.
Speaker 1: I mean, can you imagine, yeah, not being a believer, this is it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I couldn't agree more. I just think that's that's profound though.
Speaker 1: And I told a non believer one time. We were having a discussion, and I told them, I said, if let's just say if if I'm wrong, I'm taught to love my neighbors, I love myself, to forgive, to be charitable, you know, to do all these you know, things that make the world around me a better place. And if everybody around me that says they're a Christian does the same, they're making the world around them a better place. And it's a ripple effect. And can you imagine how much better this world will be if everybody did. And then in the end, if I'm wrong, I ain't lost nothing but you that don't believe you've lost everything? You know, even if if you want to just look at it from a technical you know, betting man's logic, What do you got to lose everything?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like Mama said, better to have it not need it than need it not have it.
Speaker 2: I thought you said you're playing the foosball behind my back again, Bobby bullshit.
Speaker 3: Well that's the devil.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for listening to the Dig Bible Podcast. Questions, comments, or future episode ideas, and we'd love to hear from you at the Dig four two three at gmail dot com. If you enjoy our content, don't forget to share, subscribe and check out our Facebook group at the Dig podcast. Remember, you can't lean on a shovel and pray for a whole. You got a dig. Everything came to ant