Speaker 1: The sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine.
Speaker 2: The Games Mike the Bulldog BEYONDI on jr R.
Speaker 1: The Bulldog Sports Page brought you by Coffin and Lynd Injury Attorneys. Good morning, Bulldog, Mike Biyanki.
Speaker 2: It is a good morning for me. Not a good morning for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. However, not a good night for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Not only did they get run over by Lamar Jackson, Derreck Henry and the Baltimore Ravens during that forty one to thirty one loss last night, they also lost both of their two star wide receivers, Chris Godwin Mike Evans. Both were injured last night. Not a good thing. It looks like Chris Godwin is out for the year. There was like a minute left in the game, the Bucks trailed by ten. They had no time outs left. The game was essentially over. Why Chris Godwin was in the game, I have no idea, but he catches a pass, gets dragged down, his ankle gets caught underneath the defender. Todd Bowles, the coach of the Bucks, said, looks like his ankles dislocated. I mean, it looked really bad. ESPN would not show the replays of the injury last night. The players all gathered around him when he was out on the field, and looks like he's out for the year. Again. I don't know why he was still in the game. Todd Bowle said, Hey, we're still trying to win the game at the end, but again a minute left down ten no timeouts, so and Mike Evans injured his hamstring in the second quarter, so he was already out of the game. I don't know how serious the hamstring injury is, but if the Buccaneers don't have both of these guys for an extended period of time, they have gone from you know, front runners in their division to who knows where they're gonna finish now. So have you guys noticed that there seemed to be and it could just be meet more ines this season?
Speaker 1: The normal Well, I mean, you look at.
Speaker 2: What's going on. Brandon Ayuka the forty nine ers, he's he injured himself on a Sunday. He's out for the year with a torn a cu.
Speaker 1: For that that after his long holdout too.
Speaker 2: Right, and signing the big contract of course, you know, uh, Deshaun watching Watson. He's out with a ruptured achilles. He's out for the year. Some good news on the injury front, though. Tua is back practicing for the Dolphins. He was a little defiant in his press conference yesterday. Everybody asking, you know, are you making the right decision here? And he's like, listen, guys, you don't do that. You don't ask this hockey players the same thing. You don't ask some of these other sports to search their turning from a concussion. Why are you why you keep bugging me essentially about returning from this injury. So Tua said he didn't even want to go on injured reserve. He said he was ready to go like the week after the concussion. So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll see if he can shut up everybody when he returns to the field. Yeah, yeah, it'll be interesting to see.
Speaker 2: I hope. So, by the way, how good are the Ravens? Derek Henry one hundred?
Speaker 1: What do you have?
Speaker 2: One hundred and sixty nine yards on fifteen carries. Lamar Jackson throws for five touchdowns the Ravens. Right now, if I were betting on a team to win the Super Bowl, I'd even take the Ravens over the undefeated Chiefs right now.
Speaker 1: They're that good.
Speaker 2: They lead the league in rushing, they have all sorts of weapons on that team. I'm taking the I'm taking the Ravens over your boys, Taco.
Speaker 1: Bab Which over my Chiefs, right.
Speaker 2: No, I'm talking about the Chiefs, the undefeated Chiefs, who aren't that impressive quite frankly, although they are undefeated. So anyway, the other game last night, Kyler Murray and the Cardinals. Kyler Murray runs for a forty four yard touchdown. He threw for another score as the Cardinals beat the LH I'm sorry, yeah, the La Chargers seventeen to fifteen. The Chargers couldn't score a touchdown. They kicked five feel goals last night and the Cardinals beat them. That division's gotten interesting, by the way, with all the injuries, as you mentioned to the forty nine ers, So we'll see what happens there.
Speaker 1: What else we have magic light Lightning lost last night. It wasn't a great night for Tampa teams. Lightning fall five to two to the Maple Leafs.
Speaker 2: Oh his hockey season is it going on? Now?
Speaker 1: Don't do it to them? Stop dog.
Speaker 2: Is it the preseason or is the regular season start?
Speaker 1: It's been regular season for a little while, now do yeah? Thank you.
Speaker 2: Big. Signing for the Magic two hours before Monday six pm deadline, Jalen Suggs agreed to a five year, one hundred and fifty the million dollar rookie contract extension with the Magic That essentially means the Magic Core is gonna be together for years to come. They signed the Franz a Franz Wagner to his rookie extension a couple months ago. Franz Vogr, by the way, got five years, two hundred and twenty four million, so Jalen Suggs didn't get nearly as much as the Franz. And Paalo will be up for his rookie extension next season. So this Magic Core is together. They're all in. I'm keeping the band together. So we'll see what happens. By the way, the NBA season starts tomorrow, Magic versus Heat on the road in South Florida. How pumped are you guys? We're gonna make our predictions.
Speaker 1: The actual season starts tonight. The Magic season starts tomorrow.
Speaker 2: The Magic Season starts to Yeah, we're gonna make our predictions tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Well I think we should. We We've been doing that every year for as long as we can remember.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, so we'll make our predictions tomorrow. Any other news in sports, Oh, here we go. Yeah, the Magic Wise also Magic Wise, we have bow.
Speaker 1: I'll come in right. Yeah. But Bo, you know he Bo's the head cheerleader now of the Magic organization, and he does a great job of that in the community. Man, he'll be running through the building this morning. Say he's always interested.
Speaker 2: He's not the head cheerleader. He's the community ambassador.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Don't call it the head cheerleader.
Speaker 1: Then I like nothing bad to say about it.
Speaker 2: The only thing I don't like about Bo is the Magic chose Bo over Ben Wallace back in the day.
Speaker 1: Should have chose. Okay, you're chastising me. You might not want to say that to him either.
Speaker 2: He probably knows since Ben Wallace is in the Basketball Hall of Fame. By the way, w n b A may be headed toward a lockout. They want a much better collective bargaining agreement coming up. So there's still some time left on their CBA, but they have said, hey, we've earned a better collective bargaining agreement. I think what they meant to say is Caitlin Clark has earned.
Speaker 1: Yeah better probably mentioned on the heels of that. I don't want to be a Debbie downer, but they're yet to turn a profit in the league. Yeah yeah, despite all of this this year. Did they not turn a profit this year? Nope?
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: Mike the Bulldog Beyonkey, host of Open Mic Weekday MORNINGSNA Jason Tusts on AM seven ninety six ninety Game. You can always bounce over there and check out the dog in this sports page here on JR, brought to you each morning by Kaffin in Lent. That's right.
Speaker 2: You can listen to Under Oath with Attorney Jeff Kopp and every Saturday morning seven thirty on FM ninety six nine.
Speaker 1: In the game.
Speaker 2: You can catch extended versions on your favorite streaming platform. Ooh Ooh, SLEISR Taco are always on demand their podcast daily on our free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: Get it now at w j r R dot com. From the Bogan, Munson