Speaker 1: Weekdays at nine the Glenn Beck Program.
Speaker 2: Real we can't even have a discussion, not have a discussion, That's what this election is really all about.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KARC.
Speaker 3: Five O five.
Speaker 4: About DRC the talk station. Happy Fridays, Well.
Speaker 2: Is a vacation. Listen, woo it must be Friday. Thank you Joe Checker for the sound by confirming what I already knew. Happy one to you all by the time. I'm right here, glad to be and uh looking forward to Tech Friday. But Dave Hatter, as I always do every Friday, wonderful segment. I think so anyway, and Dave knows what he's talking about. Today, we'll be talking about scammers targeting jobs, aftermath of the Bank of America outage and the most and least common four digit pins. A little lighter subject matter there anyhow, followed by the Dave Williams from the Taxpayer Protection Alliance. Several topics score with Dave. The government making improper payments not shocking anyone government owned internet networking in Minnesota. We've got one of those in the irs, and political vendettas Dave Williams from the Taxpayer Protection Alliance Online net protecting Taxpayers dot Or, followed by a spokesperson for Yes on Issue one, Chris Davey. I know the Republicans are a big no on one, and I've been reading it and rereading it and rereading it over and over and over again. I'm telling you, say what you want about Issue one, and I'm an know. It is just really really really really unbelievably complicated in terms of how they established this panel to basically jerrymander And you can call it whatever you want. It doesn't end jerrymandering. It just moves the division of these congressional districts to a different group of people. I mean, they're still going to chop it up. It seems largely designed to insure democratic victory in areas where they don't have much of a chance. And I know that's the argument about jerrymandering. Anyhow, we'll get here from Chris. I don't know the guy, and I just go ahead and read Issue one. See how much clarity you've got after it's all said and done. David Chudwin with a book The Magical or The Magical Decade and Memoir in History nineteen sixty five to nineteen seventy five. Ah yes, my year of my birth sixty five. Anyway, Physician and author David Chudwin joins a program talking about the changes during that decade and how it altered the course of American history. Talk about some of the events and well bringing baby boomers a sense of nostalgia and pride, it says, and what should be a rather comical discussion. AJ Rice with his new book It's Not the White Album, It's the White Privileged Album, bringing racial harmony to very fine people on both sides, described as a comedy about race wokeness and the cancel culture in America, A tragedy about race wokeness and cancel culture in America, part satire, part journalism, part truth serum. This on the heels of his number one best seller, The Woking Dead, described as a sequel The Publius Prose Volume two. So that's at eight point thirty, closing out the Morning Show on a happy note on Friday. At least it sounds like it anyhow. Fifty five carsee dot com and you can't listen to a live feel free to check out the podcast. I always recommend that also get your iHeart media buyer over there. Fifty five Cassy dot com. See you can list wherever you happen to be. Jay Ratliffe's conversation with me, do we want the constitutional convention that Rob Tuttle seminar last night? I hope you got to see it. Empower you America and Marine Colonel William Dunn retired Marine Colonel William Dunn ran joining the escalated Middle East conflict and the coordinated cell phone attack or the pager attack. Just obviously intelligence brilliance on that. Say what you want about how that unfolded. Very insightful conversation with the retired colonel and you can check it out at fifty five care see dot com. You know I love hearing from you, especially on a Friday five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five eight hundred eighty two to three talk go with con fight fifty on at and T phones. All right, well check it out. What's going on with the aftermath of the hurricanes? Real quick? Here we got IRS now vowing to to infuse ten billion dollars into the well the impacted areas down to the southeast from delayed COVID money. Now FEMA Fritz own part we know is having is struggling with well running out of money. Eight days into the fiscal year, the federal government has already spent half or nearly half of the disaster REEF the relief that Congress is allocated to FEMA for the the entire calendar year. So remember the fiscal year October first, right, so mere eight days and I know it's the eleventh, but they've already blown through about half of all the FEMAL money for the entire year. What happens if there's another hurricane, as someone brought that to the attention, there's a tropical storm floating out there in the Atlantic which I don't know, maybe turned into a hurricane hit in the eastern side of Florida or maybe somewhere on the East coast. Any more money for that, No, not likely. They say. The rapid spending is likely to accelerate because states will start asking for more money. You know, projects will start and people are gonna want more aid and help. And they say it's going to force the Federal Emergency Management Agency FEMA to restrict spending until Congress approves more. According to the FEENAM administrator Dianne Criswell, I'm going to have to evalue how quickly we're burning the remaining dollars in the Disaster Relief Fund under spending restrictions. Apparently, FEMA cuts off funding for disaster related rebuilding projects, reserving the money for the life saving operations. Of course, that is critical. You want to save lives before we start rebuilding stuff. But this won't even allow for the rebuilding to begin because well there's just not enough money to deal with the life saving operations. Chriswell disclosed earlier this week, FEMA has spent nine billion dollars of the twenty billion Congress put in the program. First time FEMA has publicly stated how much money it has since the Hurricane Helene hit in south East couple of weeks ago, and a group of House Democrats urged Speaker Mike Johnson to immediately reconvene the chambers so they could pass the bill with a lot more FEMA spending. Johnson said, no, he's not going to do that. I don't know if it's going to be a liability for the Republicans or not. But apparently there's other resources out there, including ten billion dollars in unspent COVID money. This is our federal government, and you know the other weird thing about FEMA. They got all up on their in defensive posture because yes, they did allocate a billion plus dollars to resettling illegal immigrants. Ah, but you know that's in a separate bucket. It's not the disaster bucket. That's not the bucket for Americans. That's the bucket we put that money in to resettle illegal immigrants. We can't go after that when we couldn't have used them for disaster relief because somebody put it in a bucket. I guess they don't understand the concept of fungibility of money over at FEMA. FEMA apparently has struggled to pay disaster costs in the past, previously imposed spending restrictions that you know, the director that mentioned that it's coming on ten occasions since two thousand and three, most recently in early August. Now, what FEMA does is typically pay seventy five percent of rebuilding costs, leaving the remaining twenty five percent to the states to spend. Restrictions are imposed often in August because the disaster relief funds for the entire calendar year start running low as we approach the new fiscal year. Right, they said, If FEMA starts restricting spending now in December or even sooner, which is what Chriswell suspected, it'd be the earliest time of year that FEMA has ever taken action, which could halt rebuilding projects for months. They say. FEMA most recently opposed these restrictions. They're called immediate Needs funding back in early August, temporary halting nine billion dollars a plan to give state through rebuilding projects. As part of the reason FEMA spent so much money this fiscal year, it's lifted the spending restrictions, or rather it lifted them in August first, back when Congress replenished the Disaster Fund, so it lifted its own spending restrictions, only to apparently impose some new spending restrictions because they well spend all the money after loosening the spending restrictions. Crystal clear, isn't it anyway? But I just it just blows my mind. You know, there's all this money parked in different buckets in government, unspent money, and some of this unspent money has been parked in these different buckets for projects that you know it was allocated for decade ago or even more in some cases. I mean, I don't want anybody playing fast and loose with the taxpayer dollars. But when you have an immediate need and the need that generated the bucket of cash for the other projects, when that need no longer exists, they're still sitting on these massive buckets of cash, but they claim they can't use it to address immediate needs because well it's not in the right bucket. Maybe congressional action is needed. I don't know. I just know people are struggling and suffering, and it maybe needlessly five and three seven nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three taco with pound five fifty on at and T funds love to hear from you because something else you'd like to talk about. That's a okay with me, particularly on Friday, but that's the case, would be pretty much any single day of the week. I'll be right back hanging around. Only a few lots, Scott, Thanks buddy. Jay Ratler put an exclamation point on it. Love to reports Democrats are pulling their hair out and worrying concern over Kamala Harris dropping polling numbers as people come to realize she is in an empty suit and has nothing to say on anything excepted backpedal away from her prior positions. Anyhow, got more on that coming up later and including you know, the mainstream media is starting to actually, you know, do its job and ask legitimate questions. You see interesting comments from the current president, Joe Biden. Sometimes we forget that we still have Joe Biden as president. Kamala Harris is trying to go in and step in and become president while she's still a vice president. Joe Biden is still alive. I don't know about well, but still alive. And with regard to the hurricane, I just noted an interesting fact on this because this is connected the performance in the hurricane. One in a thousand year rainfall event is what they're saying down in Florida. This is insanity. Saint Petersburg had eighteen plus inches of rain in a twenty four hour period. They got five more than five inches in one single hour from eight pm to nine pm, and proceeded to get nine inches in the next three hours. Anyway, collectively, a one in a thousand year rainfall event. That is an amazing amount of money or water, so ins far as eight is concerned, and here's where one of the little, you know, kind of problems Harris is facing. It seems as Joe Biden is a little pissed off that he got squad. He's out, He's doing no services or benefits whatsoever. Because we have got Florida Governor Ron de Santis, you know, hitting Vice President Kamala Harris over the head for trying to inject herself into the process. And there was at that point that people were making and the Democrats are trying to make hay out of it that the Florida governor declined to take a call from Kamala Harris regarded the hurricane response. For his part, Desanta said yesterday that she has no role in the process and pointed out that she'd never attempted to call him during any other previous storms. Because I am working with the President of the United States, I'm working with the director of FEMA. We've been doing this now NonStop for over two weeks. And although I've worked well with the President, she's never called Florida. She has never offered any support. I don't have any time for those games. I don't care about her campaign. Obviously, I'm not a supporter of hers. But she's not. She has no role in this process, and so I'm working with the people I need to be working with. That on the heels of Wednesday's comment by President Biden regarding whether the governor's responsibility to take the Vice president's calls quote Joe Biden again not doing Kamala Harris any favors. All I can tell you is I've talked to Governor de Santas. He's been very gracious. He thanked me for all we've done. He knows what we're doing, and I think that's important nice. Biden told both the Santas and Tampa Mayor Jane Castro to, in his words, call him directly if they need any other support. And DeSantis also noted earlier this week that all his federal requests for more support have been answered, so the Satas makes a valid poil. I don't need Kamala Harris in this process. It's all being covered quite nicely. Harris told reporters early in the week. People are in desperate need to support right now, and playing political games of this moment in these crisis situations, these are the height of emergency situation. It's utterly irresponsible and it's selfish, really, Biden referring to the Florida governor as cooperative. Florida governor referring to Biden and the administration as being cooperative. No, we don't need Kamala Harris in the equation, and more campaign backfedaling over on the vice presidential side of the ticket, Minnesota Governor Tim Wallas, the vice presidential candidate, said earlier during a campaign fundraiser just on Tuesday, quote, I think all of us know the electoral College needs to go. We need a minissioner popular vote. How definitive is that statement? I think quite the electoral college needs to go. We need a national popular vote. Now, Kamala Harris, way back in the day when she was running for president, said she was open to the idea of getting rid of the electoral college, but and paign officials going, no, we're not going that way. Pressed on the issue Walt's comments about the electoral college needs to go, we need a national popular vote, they said that's not an official position of the Harris campaign. Now, Fox News reached out to him and asked him for an explanation about this. They didn't respond, but they did issue a statement only a certain News outlets like CNN USA today, which I thought was interesting, But they did issue a statement suggesting waltz remarks were intended to express support for the electoral college process. Did you hear me? Just read that support for the electoral college, which he said, needs to go. We need a national popular vote. I'm going to keep repeating that because here's their statement walking away from some comedy made definitively just a couple of days ago. Governor Waltz believes that every vote matters in the electoral college, and he is onted to be traveling the country in the battleground states working to earn the support of the Harriswalds tickets. He was commenting to a crowd of strong supporters about how the campaign is built to win two hundred and seventy electoral votes, and he was thanking them for the support that is helping fund those efforts. Is that what he was Sam, I don't get that from the electoral college needs to go, we need a national popular vote.
Speaker 5: Does that sound like.
Speaker 2: You can't unring that bell? For his part, Jason Snee, the executive director of the House Elections Project Action, a nonprofit that advocates in favor of retaining the Electoral College pointed out the obvious. He said, the quiet part out loud. Democrat leaders don't think they should have to campaign in places like Michigan and North Carolina. They went California and New York to decide every election. There's a pattern here. Democrats claim to love democracy, then set their sights on any institution that's answering them in political power, the Supreme Court, the Senate filibuster, and the Electoral College. Five twenty five, fifty five car see de talk station walking around trying to unring bells. That's all they've been doing, and it's starting to show stick around. I got more to talk about local stories coming up. Phone calls are welcome, and then of course we'll get to the stack. It's stupid.
Speaker 6: I'll be right back, fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Making Sense of the Fed and the Season, Page nine, first one.
Speaker 2: Weather forecast sunnyday today, a high seventy six, over night a little forty eight, but clear sky seventy eight. And Sunday tomorrow overnight sixty two. They said, chance of showers after two m and h Sunday, mostly Sunday, but there is a chance of showers before two pm. Eighty one will be the high end. Right now, it's forty forty degrees here, but you have a care see the talk station by thirty early voting started, get out and vote, getting locked in. We're talking about but my daughter contacting yesterday. We brought this up just the other day, was talking about early voting with Americans for Prosperity and uh, my daughter's suggestion, let's all go vote on Saturday and then we can go to the gun range and practice. My daughter said, yes, that's outing a great idea. Let's get everbody involved. Talk to paul ed Paula, are you interested? Yes, I will do that. So we're all going to vote on Saturday and then the head of the range. It's a wonderful family outing five one, three, seven, four nine fifty eight hundred y two three Talk Time five fifty on AT and T Funds. You will have a comment. Please feel free speaking early voting. If you want to get a ride to vote, you can the Greatest Sinsay Voter Collaborative, which is a collective of areas civic organizations working together to achieve one hundred percent voter education and participation. Thank YOUWCPO Andrew Rowan reporting they partnered with ride share to vote Aware, that's the name of the organization, to provide transportation to the polls at no cost to you drivers or train local volunteers and want to encourage more people to participate in the democratic process. That's the point of it. So if you need a ride, which is cited by according to Harvard Anyway, in the reporting on this matter, fourteen percent of eligible voters suggested transportation is a factor in not being able to cast their bout at least for the twenty sixteen election. But since twenty twenty, this GCVC has provided over one hundred and fifty rides to vote. If you are interested, go to Sincy with a y vote dot org booking dot rides number two, vote dot org schedule a ride, So a couple of opportunities there for you. Get a ride to the polls. They say they'll stick around and wait for you, wait for you to vote and come back out all right, doest council member since ant Council when Mika Owens has selected attorney Evan Nolan to replace the councilman Reggie Harris, forty two year old Nolan Oakley, attorney here in Cincinnati based at Katz Teller Law firm. Briefly worked in the CINCINNTI Law Department. In twenty twenty two, went to the private sector after applying to replace Greg Lansman on council when he was elected representative. A Chiviot native, he replaces Reggie Harris, who resigned September twenty sixth to take a job in the Biden administration. All nine members of council are Democrats, and of course so is mister Nolan. Court to the charter, Harris chose owns to pick his replacement. Six people were interviewed over the week, and he's been an Oakley community Council worked on local Democratic politics as a treasurer for Mayor Aft tab Perval and for the Hamilton County Democratic Party coordinated campaign. He's connected politically, shocking no one thanks. Joe Teenager, who was shot and coming in on Sunday, died at the hospital, according to coming to police in the state in yesterday, They said the team was pronounced dead after being taken to UC Medical Center. They haven't made any arrest and there's no threat to the public, though while their investigation remains ongoing. Hamlin County Coroner's Office said the circumstance of the teen's death are still under investigation. Seventeen year old was listed as ceased on the Corners Report. Monday morning. Press release from Covington Police said officers were called at the three undred block of East eighteenth Street for the reports of his shooting. When they got there, they discovered the juvenile suffering from serious life threatening injuries. Do you have any information on this? Detective Andrews would love to hear from you or crime stoppers right five one, three, three five two thirty forty. We'll catch ourselves a crime stopper bad Guy of the week, as we do every Friday here in the morning show. That'll be at the end of the seven o'clock hour. You want to see the bad guy that week at a fifty five carosee dot com.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: Thirty two year old woman in custody after Kentucky State Police found her mom's dismembered body lying behind there Robertson County home on Wednesday, police said, and Release troopers called to the home on Briarley Road, Ridge Road rather before twelve thirty pm. Dispatchers received a call regarding the dead body man who arrived to work on Trudy fields properties, said Field didn't answer the door when it was knocked on. When he walked around to the back home to locate Fields, he told dispatchers that's when he found a pile of hair that appeared to be feeling, along with the blood stained mattresses and drag marks in the grass. Man told dispatches he followed the drag marks in the backyard where he found what he believed to be fields dismember body in the grass. When troopers got there, they found the body near the blood stained mattress. Also witnessed a blood stained stick and another mattress on the back porch. Man said he told police that he'd last seen her one day earlier when she accompanied them on her property. Said Fields and her daughter, thirty year old Tori Leanna Fields, were the only people at home and noted that Torrilliana was casting spell This is in quotes Torrellianna was casting spells on them and being confrontational. Kentucky Response team called her the scene, search warrants obtained they entered. The police said Torrillana refused to eggs and was removed from the home after multiple uses of tear gas. Police also said she appeared to have blood on her face, hands, and clothes. Hmm, what coincidence. Search of the home found multiple body parts cooked inside a stainless steel pot in the oven. One of the mattresses near Field's body also in multiple body parts and organs on it Toorliana. Fields charged obviously with instructing governmental operations, tampering with physical evidence, and abuse of a corpse. The police said that more charges maybe file pending and investigation currently held at the Bourbon County Detention Center. This is a taste of Joe, Jo you suspecting some sort of dammer like activity in that one. Joe, just like mom used to make okay five thirty five fifty five Krstoks says, let's move to the stack of stupid, shall we We'll do that when we get back. Yes, can you play John the Fisherman, preceded and almost immedial by an instant message from Jeff, who said I want to be a fisherman. Nice timing, Jeff, All right, that is stupid. I always give credit to Joe Strecker for finding the most FCC difficult story to read. Joe Strecker, it is the five o'clock. Our FCC rules are slightly loosened when you're outside of the primary broadcasting hours. However, no profanities can be used, and I will try to be delicate gird your loin's most notably guys, but this is probably going to cause problems for many people, so you have been warned. Trigger warning. We go to Jingha, East China, specifically the Jangsu province, which means I'm skeptical about the authenticity of this. Although the Global Times was merely re reporting an article which was reported in the Vietnam News, I don't know that the Vietnam News is a trusted news source. So there's my caveats as I delicately approached the subject matter anyway. So we're in Jingha, Each China, Jingsu province, where a man inserted a twenty centimeter long eel into his rectum in hope raising of relieving constipation, but it almost killed him. Described as a folk remedy. Folk remedy claims that an eel can help well, I guess with botwel movements, but instead of carrying the constipation, this eel went from the man's rectum to the colon, then bit through it, entering into his abdomen. Went to the hospital after him during pain for a day because he was too shy to see the doctor. Doctor operated on him. The eel described as still alive when it was removed during the operation. Also in this article, he's not the only victim. This's so called folk remedy, which words are in quotes every time it's mentioned. Fifty year old man from South China's Guangdong Province did the same thing with a forty centimeter long eel in June twenty twenty, and on well, in twenty twenty, an African carp was found in the stomach of a young man in Guangdong who claimed the fish, in his words, slid into close quote his rectum when he accidentally sat on it. No, they didn't report that the eel's name was Lemmywinks Joe. For you South Park fans out there, at least you get it. Registered sex offender arrested at Woodside Wednesday after allegedly exposing himself making threats. This according to released by the sam Mateo County Sheriff's Office. They responded around quarter to nine pm to a home in Martin Lane after reports of a man naked threatening residences corn of Sheriff's office. The man who parked his car outside the residence and he was naked. Resident thought the man was a delivery driver, approached him, and that's when the suspect allegedly exposed himself and began yelling profanities as his tradition. A short time later, the president again approached the suspects vehicle. The suspect allegedly threatened to shoot the resident. Question, if a car with a naked guy was in your neighborhood, you approached him thinking he was a delivery driver, or maybe just didn't ask why he's parked in the neighborhood and he was naked? Would you go back and approach him again? Right? No, thanks dad. Mountain View man Bruce McKenny, sixty five years old, was arrested. He's a registered sex offender. He's booked into the McGuire Correctional Facility on suspicion of indecent exposure and making criminal threats. Alrighty, I don't think it's going to slide downward any further. Their jum loving a man loving in Missouri or Montana rather accused the committing burglary while naked. Online court records show that Lloyd E. Tabor the third, making grandpa and his father happy. I'm sure kind of here for a five jury for a five day trial beginning in January of next year, charged with first and second degree burglary. The lack Lead County Sheriff's Office said Tabor broke into a garage on Lake Shore Drive. When the victim interrupted the burglary and called nine to one one. Taber got away with clothes and personal items fled the scene on a stolen bicycle. A citizen then reported seeing Tabor take a chainsaw out of his shed a few hours later, and the police were able to arrest him.
Speaker 1: Why are you doing that?
Speaker 2: Tabor was naked and in possession of the chainsaw. What he was arrested? You know, I always puzzle over there. You're to figure out why anybody asking him? Okay, you're breaking and you're stealing stuff. You get the idea, maybe you've got a drug habit or whatever. What's the deal about being naked when you're doing it. Joe wants to know where he's going to hide the chainsaw. Going back to the first article, A little, a little large for the prison perse Joe, I imagine five five, forty five, fifty five care set talk stations stick around. A few more left after I mentioned my friends at Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning the best folks around to take care of your HVAC needs. Yeah, and it's the cool Carrier come for rebates still going on? It's I guess you know you're still running your air conditioning. You may discover that it goes belly up on you, and of course Zimmer can call them to repair. And of course it's better to repair than replace if it's the right thing to do. But you know, oftentimes the repair costs can meet or exceed the cost of getting a new unit. What's the point on that. Get a brand new Carrier air conditioning unit the folks that invented air conditioning and take advantage of the cool care your comfort rebate twenty one hundred dollars savings when you're working with Zimmer to get this new Carrier air conditioning unit. They're the leaders in twenty four hour days, seven day a week emergency service, so it's easy to schedule an appointment, get in touch with them, find out more about the services they offer, like for example, the annual maintenance programs A great idea. Just get on the maintenance program. They'll make sure everything's running in good order each and every year. Just one of the options you got with Zimmer. Wonderful what they do. A plus the BBB fo them online schedule the appointment at the website go Zimmer dot com. That's go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five karc an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 8: Thank your.
Speaker 2: Five forty nine fifty five KRCD talk station. Go to the stack. Is stupid by first over to the phones, because I always enjoy talking to folks calling in five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three talk Kevin, Welcome to the program, and happy Friday to you, sir.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Man Brian, Happy Friday, thank you, sir.
Speaker 9: Quick comment about the.
Speaker 8: Guy with the chainsaw. Yeah, I wonder if it has a pet eel.
Speaker 2: Ah yeah, and if he's from the Xiangdong province of China. Excellent. Thank you for the additional levity cabin. It's always welcome here in the morning show, particularly on a Friday, but at all times, most notably in the wellby global crises. We are collectively facing a bit of a psychological burden and a bit depressing for most. That's why I like doing The stack is stupid, and that's why I appreciate a little levity, most notably on a Friday. Anyway back gard to the stack is stupid. Uh man is dead after stepping in front of an oncoming semi truck naked. That pretty much sums it up. Four m doing that northbound Highway ninety nine your McKinley Avenue in Fresno, California. Local news ABC thirty said police first received recalls reporting a naked guy walking along Highway ninety nine, and a short time later more calls came in reporting he had been hit by a car. Actually a semi big difference of this got there. They determined the man had walked directly into the path of the moving semi. The truck driver then swerved in an attempt to avoid it, but it was unsuccessful and the man died.
Speaker 6: Dear what the hell.
Speaker 2: Truck driver, for his part, stayed there, cooperated with officers, who determined that drugs and alcohol were not factors for the truck driver. Not known if naked guy was intoxicated or under the influence of drugs. But if I was a betting man, I'm gonna go with a big, strong yay. Considering it's Tech Friday, why not? What a growing problem this has become a couple of weeks ago, eighteen year old Bierrie Thompson settling into freshman year of college when she started getting text from her friends back home in Pensacola that fake nude photos of girls and young women from several local high schools have been found on the phone of a young guy. They knew an altered photo of this young lady was in there. It was a picture of the teen and her friend at the beach that she had posted to her social media account when she was sixteen years old. The picture, of course altered to remove the girl's bathing suit, showing them appearing nude. Picture of the same one she had posted except for the nudity, and although she knew it had been digitally altered, she was obviously shocked and horrified about how real it looks. Once I saw the picture as just really confusing, how it was so realistic, and I was like, why why is there a picture of me? I don't talk to this guy. I neither is my friend who was just overwhelming. I didn't know, I didn't know what to feel, but she wanted to report it. Young man eighteen year old student of Washington High School, acord to Pensacol police who are investigating the fake nude pictures. His name is public record, but the news reports aren't including it because he hasn't yet been charged. According to police reports bought by parents victims with both the Escambia Sheriff's Office and pens Called police, the eighteen year old took pictures of the girls that the girls had posted on their social media accounts and use an app that taps into AI technology to undress them and create authentic looking new images. Swirling questions about whether the law has been able to keep up with technology. I guess proving something as fake is really going to be a problem, and it's going to be the default response for everybody, Right, Joe, let me pose a question to you. Didty is under some real problems? Apparently? There are multiple videos swirling around about Ditty's white parties where a lot of sex was being had and a lot of potentially A list stars were implicated. Young people allegedly involved in that as well. Any question whether Didty's defense team will argue that the images are fake. AI created a smidge. Yeah, I think that's probably the case. You can count on that into the future. Tech We go to Texas. October third, police respond to a nine to one one called but a suspicious person in an under construction home and garden Ridge. When they got their deputies from the Comol County Sheriff's office maybe what they described as a disturbing discovery, year old Jennifer Massey, the art teacher at Davenport High School, was inside this under construction home with a male juvenile student having sex. Charged with improper relationship between an educator and a student's second degree felony, being held in the Como County jail, facing up the twenty years in prison and a ten thousand dollars fine. School district for rich part pledge full cooperation with law enforcement and obviously issued these typical from the legal department statement addressing the issue. Charged with having improper relationship with a student, she was placed on administrative leave and will not be returning to the Davenport High School. Shocking absolutely no one accurt to recent reports, there were over five hundred reported cases of teacher Missconnic between twenty fourteen and twenty nineteen, with nearly one in ten students experiencing some form of sexual misconduct by an educator. They say factors contributing to the alarming trend upward the increase in reporting awareness, social media facilitating inappropriate interactions, breakdown and teach your student boundaries, inadequate screening and hiring practices, and insufficient teacher training on ethics and boundaries. How much training do you need to be when you're an adult educator and you are teaching people who are miners in your classroom, that is a no no to have sex with them. I mean it shows like, Oh, I'm so glad I took that class right, Get off the twelve year old What fifty five KRC the talk station World's Falling Apart Teck Friday with Dave Hatter six point thirty The Harris Campaign Falling Apart, Barack Obama to the Rescue?
Speaker 3: Stick around?
Speaker 10: What your campaign pitstop on the road to November.
Speaker 1: It's a circus.
Speaker 10: There's always something new happening. Fifty five KRS the talk station Such I six if you about GARCD talk station. By the time I was wishing everyone a very happy Friday. Finding everyone early voting is not just for Democrats anymore. Get out and vote.
Speaker 2: Uh five eight two to three Talk pound Fight fifty on AT and T phones. Coming up bottom of our Tech Friday with Dave Hatter and fast forward one hour from now Dave Wins from the Taxpayer Protection Alliance. Got quite a few topics to talk with both of those guys. Chris Davey, he is the or a spokesperson for Yes on Issue one here in Ohio. I'm a no on that one for multiple multitude of reasons. Chris is going to try to rehabilitate it and convince me that I'm wrong on it. I'm against it for no other reason. It is unblanking, believably complicated, and complication leads to concerns. And if you look at the endorsement, Joe Strecker says, look at the endorsements and you'll figure out quickly who U who likes it and who doesn't. And the funding mechanism from you know, global and national efforts outside the state of Ohio. I just want to make a Shenanigan's declaration on that. Anyway, Crystal handle it at seven forty happy to be having them on the morning show. David Chudwin with the book The Magical Decade, a memoir history nineteen sixty five to seventy five, and finally aj Rice with the comical book The White Privilege Album, bringing racial harmony to very fine people on both sides. It's a comic effort. Real quick, here for a dive into some other topic. I got Bill on the phone, Bill, Happy Friday to you. Thanks for calling in this morning.
Speaker 11: Hey, good to hear from you. Just make it real quick. I lived, born and raised in Ohio, all in a really great neighborhoods Blue, ash kin Wood, Montgomery.
Speaker 12: Pleasant Ridge.
Speaker 11: And one thing that came in there, I'm just make it real quick, the Section eight. When that come in the play, it killed the neighborhood. Because I used to work for hud and I would go into these buildings, nice places.
Speaker 12: They left these Section eight people.
Speaker 11: Then when they get kicked out, they kick the walls in, They do every kind of mischief, I mean, bad things they can when they're leaving the building. Okay, getting to my point is, okay, you got these illegals in here, and then Trump gets in there and start trouting them up. They're going to act just like Section eight people. They're going to try to do as much damage as they can before they leave here. And that's coming.
Speaker 12: I see it. If coming right, What do you.
Speaker 2: Think, man, I think it is certainly within the realm of possibility.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 2: I haven't thought along those lines so much, although you know, when you don't own something and you don't have to pay for something, you tend not to really take care of it. It's been a well documented phenomena, documented phenomena, but beyond that, I'm more worried about terra cells and evil doers that have come into our country for the purpose of conducting evil conduct and attacking us. Whether it's a terra cell or just some radical left wing or any wing organization. That's the kind of thing that bothers me. Since we were incapable of adding the millions of people who came in through our border over the past well it's been going on longer than four years, but I ernest the last several years, so that to me represents a bigger problem. And yeah, if you say you're going to come after them, they're going to take every effort to hide, run, and maybe in fact go ahead with their nefarious activities. All we can do is speculate at this point. But the fact that it's a part of a discussion, a regular discussion, is an illustration of why the border security and border is a prominent, if not number one issue in America. And of course with that, I can pivot it over to this Barack Obama coming out yesterday just in support of Kamala Harris. Where has he been? I guess because of her flailing numbers and real quick here just a summary. Kimbery Strassel has got an excellent op ed. You can read the whole thing. Empress come all as new clothes. But she starts pointing out that Democrats are kind of in a bit of a panic mode right now. Lots of headlines about making Mi stay mistakes she did in twenty nineteen. Democrats are anxious, struggling to break through to the working class.
Speaker 11: On and on and on.
Speaker 2: Just pray to weeks ago. She was the standard bearer of joy, freedom, opportunity and juggernaut who exudes quiet powerness, humiliates her opponents, and delivers a debate knockdown and not working her problem Shrites like mister Biden's come from finally being seen, and most notably the thing that I'm pivoting on is her comment on the view, which we've already talked about. Would you have done something differently than president to Biden? There is not a thing that comes to mind, was her response. More of the same. That's a pretty good admission. I wouldn't change a thing. In other words, what Joe Biden did was what I would do. I liked what he did. I wouldn't change it. If I could roll back time fast forwarding a little bit in the op ed already the excuses for her faltering poll numbers are trickling in. She faces male bias, Green candidate Stein is a spoiler, Biden isn't being helpful. Voters just want to acknowledge the good economic times. Kimberly observes, the question is how long it takes for Democrats and the media to finally acknowledge that the problem isn't a doddering president or bad messaging or mean interviewers or third parties or don voters. The problem is bad policies engineered by Biden and the progressive left, doubled down on by Harrison, and rejected by voters. Think about it. Twenty eight percent of Americans think the country's on the right track. Survey confirms what is making them unhappy? Are you ready? Insane? Spending, inflation of the national debt, and open border policy, immigration problems, they defund the police movement, which has led to an increase in crime, global disorder, are national security concerns globally, and radical cultural shifts like men in women's sports, And that's where I want to pause. Those are the issues that impact each and every American. Like do you think black men are in favor of women in men in women's sports? If I was a betting man, I'm generally not, I would probably go no. I think they tend to be more traditionalist when it comes to, you know, traditional male role models. So pivot over to Barack Obama desperately trying to help Kamala Harris. So he's in Pittsburgh yesterday during a pre campaign rally stop Obama said he had noticed the difference in the excitement surrounding Kamala Harris, particularly among African Americans. Quote, we have not seen the same kind of energy and turnout in all corners of our neighborhoods and community as we saw when I Barack Obama was running. He went on, Now, I also want to say that that seems to be more pronounced with the brothers. So if you don't mind, just for a second, I got to speak to y'all and say that when you have a choice that is this clean, what on one hand, you have somebody who grew up like you. He's referring to Kamala Harris, by the way, obviously not Donald Trump. So he's speaking particularly and focused on if you don't mind, black men, Kamala grew up like you, went to college with you, understands the struggles and the pain and joy that comes from those experiences. Yeah, not necessarily a middle class upbringing. See the neighborhood. She grew up in the college education. I don't know how many college black men have college educations, not sure, but if you don't, then I guess Brock wasn't talking to you. But in any event, Obama said, Trump is someone who, in Barack Obama's words, has consistently shown disregard not just for the communities, but for you as a person. And you are thinking about sitting and out. Part of it makes me think, and I'm speaking to men directly, Barack Obama that, well, you just aren't feeling the idea of having a woman as president, and you're coming up with other alternatives and reasons for that. No, Barack Obama, they're just smarter than can you give them credit for. Going back to the multitude of issues that the Democrats are on the wrong side of, including guys competing against women in sports, the economy. Black men, I bet go to the grocery store, oh in if their spouse their significant other does the grocery shopping, I'm sure the black man has listened to their spouse or significant other complain about the high cost of groceries. Maybe that black man that you're speaking to, Barack Obama, has a bank account that's been depleted because of oh, I don't know, inflationary press's price of insurance, housing, everything that's gone through the roof. Maybe that black man that you're talking to is overwhelmed by illegal immigrants been placed in his neighborhood. Perhaps that's an issue for that black man. Perhaps they're just a hell of a lot smarter than you think, and they listen to what comes out of Kamala Harris's mouth. And when going back to the views comments, She says she wouldn't have changed a damn thing that Barack Obama did. You've just sealed your fate. Black men listen to that and they say, I'm not up for another four years of this. I know what it was like under Trump. Yes, evil Orange man, hate them to death, but I was better off then. Six fifteen fifty five KSh detoxtation, Jim. I had to get that out before the break. If you don't mind holding, you will be the first collar out of the box when I get back. Seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk. Get yourself an appointment to take care of your safety. Chimneycare, fireplace and stove are wonderful at what they do and when it comes to chimneys and fireplaces and everything related to that, they do everything. So if you need a new chimney and a new fireplace, they'll build you one. They do tuck pointing, cap and damper replacement, and of course inspections of all fire burning things, whether it's a gas unit or a self feeding wood waste pellet stove, everything needs to be inspected to make sure you got good flow of air, no carbon monoxide problems. Get yourself a carbon monoxide detector, and they'll also take care of your dryer event as well, which you really should do when you have them out or call them independently to clean that dryer event out. Money wasted with a clogged dryer vent of course, fire hazard maybe carbon monoxide hazard. Just have your safety take care of that's what it's all about. Go to the showroom. They have a huge selection of fireplace inserts. Get it inserted before the winter time comes, and uh free standing stoves as well as accessories everything. Four thirteen Wards Corner Road is the location of the store. Online. You'll find everything at chimneycareco dot com. Call for a deployment and please tell Brian said Hi, they're great folks. Five one three two four eight ninety six hundred five one three two four eight ninety six.
Speaker 6: Hundred fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: What's the best place to reach now? Six fifty five car C Decox station. I'm happy it's Friday, David. Oh, that makes two of us anyway, real quick, I'm gonna get Jim's call. Hang on one second, Jim, and just put an exclamation point on Barack Obama's comments to black men taking them for idiots is basically what I believe. And that's basically the conclusion that former DA Kalb County Georgia executive Vern Jones black Man he is he left the Democratic Party to join the GOP in twenty twenty one. I will acknowledge that, but he had an interesting observation from a black man claimed that Barack Obama was being dispatched by white liberals to black Man's plain, why fellow African Americans should vote for Harris? No, thanks, Bo, Black's had enough of you and Kamala Harris, he said in pardon. So there's just one man's opinion, but I thought I passed it along. And good job Marsha for voting yesterday Hamlelon County Board of Elections. That went smoothly. It was ALIGNE that went through very quickly, easy to park. So thank you for voting early. Marsha, Jim, thanks for holding. Welcome to the program. It's good to hear from you today.
Speaker 12: Yeah, good morning, Brian.
Speaker 8: I was looking on the Kentucky ballot last night doing my homework to get ready for my early voting, and when I.
Speaker 13: Got to the Board of Education, my goodness, it's there's really only one choice out of the six I would possibly think of voting for.
Speaker 8: And the first guy had a LGBTQ in this bio. The last person has a Department of Defense Education activities is what he wants to implement.
Speaker 1: I've never even heard.
Speaker 8: Of asking but it can't be good no.
Speaker 2: Good man, good good instinct on that one, Jim, that's the conclusion I would have drawn anyway, go ahead.
Speaker 13: But but if that's not an advocate to vote yes on question two, I don't know what it is because that, I mean, you see all these signs know on too, which is you know, the school follows the or the money follows the kid?
Speaker 2: Oh, school choice. You're talking about school choice in Kentucky basically, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 13: And if that's not an advertisement for that, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: That's a great point, and you also make a great argument for people who are sane and care about children's education and actually teaching children to read, write, and be able to calculate mathematical problems effectively and properly. Is are the criteria that we should thinking about for board running, for people running for board of elect or board of education. To get better people to run I mean just because it's all the rage, you know, to be woke, and you know, claim you're in part with the LGBTQ on and on the environment, or you're you're you're in the movement whatever. That doesn't resonate real well with a lot of people. Going back to my observations and my beliefs about black men relative to that specific issue, I tend to think they're more traditional and that maybe one of the reasons the administration is losing support among the Hispanic community. Hispanic folks traditionally very family oriented, traditional type, you know, nuclear family supporters. They don't bide abide by this woke ideology. It's alienating. So many people run for school board, run as a competent, caring concern parent or citizen of the community that wants to make sure we have well educated kids who can think constructively and logically and reasonably, not just going for in doctrination camps. M good call, Jim got me fired this morning. Not that I wasn't before your call, but it's always welcome to have these conversations and the remaining moments of time before we get to tech. Friday with Dave had her going back to immigration yesterday at a town hall with Univision Kamala Harris responding to her question of what she'd do differently on the border. Going back to her view comment that she would do nothing different right, Harris's response, perhaps what distinguishes me from at least a couple of people. Now remember, not that my listening audience need to be reminded of this, but a nice little thought you might want to keep in the front of your head when you're hearing what she has to say in response to what she would do differently on the board of than Joe Biden. She's vice president right now, spend part of the administration for the last almost four years, and she was appointed. Borders are, whether you want to believe that or not, it was true, and all your left wing outlets agreed and used to say that regularly until they got the memo that no, she wasn't. The borders are. But regardless, she had some responsibility for dealing with the crisis on the southern border. And when they say crisis, which the Democrats do as well, you have to remember it's a product of their own making. Now, again going over to what she had to say, perhaps what distinguishes me from at least a couple of people. I was the top law enforcement officer in the biggest state in the country, California. Okay, that is also a border state. Thank you for that. I have taken on transnational criminal organizations. Okay, I've taken on transnational criminal organizations. She repeated that traffic in guns, drugs, and human beings, and I have prosecuted them. Okay. I let a bipartisan group of attorneys general to Mexico City to work with Mexican attorneys general to combine intelligence and resources to prosecute those cases. She seems to be dwelling a lot about her time as a prosecutor prosecuting criminals for crimes for which they had probable cause for a prosecution. What the hell does that have to do with a border? The open border policies have led tens of millions of people to come across it to our disadvantage. Nothing, and she concluded with I will bring back that border security bill and I will sign it into law. That's the so called bipartisan one that didn't pass. Big blame Donald Trump for not passing. As if our elected officials don't have independent free will. A lot of reason it didn't pass it because the substance in it was crappy. It didn't really do much to stem the flow. It allowed five thousand illegal immigrants across the border every single day. Do the math on that one over a full calendar year. But more fundamentally, even if that bill were presented, she will sign it, but she wouldn't be able to get it passed, which means without that bill, she's got no response to the question, nothing zero, which we've come to expect from the empty suit stick around tech fire to day've had to come up next. First, fastened pro roof and my favorite folks over fastened pro there outstanding what they do all facets of roofing work, that's right. Any kind of roof too commercial, residential. You want a metal roof, get one. You don't have to go shingle again. If you need a roof replacement, knock yourself out. They do custom copper work and man, I'm telling you it is beautiful. They're craftsmen at their trade. All facets of roofing work plus exterior projects like sighting, replacing the facia, everything, And I got the full fast and treatment when I had to hit my roof replace and I paid up for the fifty year shingle. If you need a new replaced roof with a shingle, you're gonna automatically get upgraded at no additional cost to you to the fifty years Certainty Landmark pro shingle. They do gutters and gutter guards, which I had them take care of when they were doing my roof. Beautiful stuff. I'm talking and I always like to emphasize because there are so many con artists out there in the roofing business. You're working with honest professionals. They're a well established a company with a lot of business. They do not have to rip you off in order to make a buck. They lead with honesty and deliver it with professional, superior quality work at the right price. So call them for a free let me underscore that word again. Free roof inspection and quote if there's one necessary five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five seven seven four ninety four ninety five eight plus with a BBB. You can find him online at Fasten Fast and fastenproroofing dot com.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Six thirty one fift about KRCD talk station. It's that time of week he gets in School and Tech Friday with Dave Hatter, brought to you by Interest. I find them on line interest it dot com if you're a business business career, says, they are the absolute best at dealing with your computer issues and needs and things about which we talk about every week on this segment. Welcome back, Dave Hatter. It's always a pleasure to heavy on my show.
Speaker 3: My pleasure to be here, Brian. I always look forward to it.
Speaker 2: All right, scammers targeting job hunters. Actually, my son's been through this. He was an online job immediately got a hit. They wanted to hire him, and it was obviously an immediately red flag. You know, buy computer equipment from this guy in Texas and we're going to send you a check and total scam job. But there's a multitude of scams out in the world. He tell us about them every week. What's this one all about?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean, that's that's part of the gist of it. And obviously Jerry's pretty tech savvy. I'm sure he picked up on right away that you know, wait a minute, something's not right here. But I think the most important thing is, you know, the job market is terrible. Ask anyone that's out there looking for a job. And now you want to throw on top of that the fact that scammers are going to try to take advantage of people who are looking for a job. I mean, it doesn't get too much lower than that.
Speaker 3: I don't think.
Speaker 14: You know, you've got someone who's trying to do the right thing for themselves and their family and society, frankly, and now you're going to try to You're going to try to scam them while they're looking for a job and are probably already you know, down on their luck to at.
Speaker 3: Least some extent.
Speaker 14: So I don't think the average person realizes how easy it is to spoof something. We talk about this all the time, but whether it's a single email address, or it's a phone number, or it's a whole website. And again that in this context, spoofing means I'm going to make something that looks legitiate to you unless you really know how to dig into it. Right to the naked eye, it looks legit. Sadly, it's really easy. You know, I can spin up a server offshore somewhere, I can copy an entire website like fifty five krc dot com.
Speaker 3: I can host it out there.
Speaker 14: I might use a doppelganger domain name, or maybe fifty five krc dot com. Instead of the English letter C, I use some other language that has a character that looks like a SE but isn't really a C. Right, So the computer can sort of determine the difference between those two things, But when you look at it to the naked eye, it looks exactly the same.
Speaker 3: So now I've got a site that looks totally legit.
Speaker 14: And in many cases these gammers are smart enough to realize that people don't know about search engine poisoning. That's why I think this story hits on two different points. Anyone with money can go place an ad on Google or any other search engine. Right, I could be a criminal posting ads on Google. So the ad shows up like it would for even a legitimate ad.
Speaker 3: To you, it looks legit.
Speaker 14: When you click on it, you don't know that you've now entered into my web of deception. Hopefully that makes sense to everybody. So now I post a job on a legitimate site like a dice or monster. I advertise on Google wherever, wherever. I'm trying to draw people in, and possibly all of those things right, dice Monster, career builder, pick any job. We'reing a website. You know, they're not vetting the people behind these ads. I want to run an ad, here's the ad content. If it meets their content moderation rules, and they spend the money, boom, it shows up out there.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 14: So, whether I get targeted by a quote recruiter on LinkedIn, you know, so because some of this stuff is inbound, they're actively targeting people and try to scam them. Others are passive. They're running ads on Google, they're posting fake jobs on job sites, and then you know, however I find them or they find me, It almost invariably ends up with something like what you've just described around Okay, hey, we love to hire you, but you're going to have to buy this equipment first, or take this training first, or something like that, right, and then we'll reimburse you once you're hired, and then you're out that money.
Speaker 2: Or in the case of Jerry, they send him a check and ah uh huh, and they want you, you know, go ahead and deposit the check. Well, quite often takes quite some time to clear, and they wanted to go ahead and quickly buy the equipment right away. It's like scam scam, scam, scam, scam scam. So anyway, Yeah, you just have to be on your toes at all times and seeing me more quickly you get a response, and more likely it is it some sort of bot or criminal activity trying to rip you off.
Speaker 3: I'd say that's probably strong likelihood.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 3: Now, obviously people work remotely more than ever before.
Speaker 14: Interviews are conducted over teams, zoom, that sort of thing more than ever before. But if you find yourself in a situation where they just don't ever want to meet in person, you know, that is probably a red flag, especially if they will only meet on teams and won't turn the cameras on.
Speaker 2: Well, and that street runs two ways that I saw an article this morning about North Koreans using fake IDs and artificial intelligence to pretend to be American citizens looking for remote work at your company, And of course it's all done for nefarious purposes so they can get inside your computer systems. Everybody's got to be on their toes, every one, Yes, I do. Pause will bring day back and talk about the well aftermath of the Bank of America outage, frightening stuff that but first earning twenty five dollars now and twenty five dollars later. That is so easy at Emory Federal Credit Union. For every friend, family member, or colleague that you refer to Emory then becomes a member, You're both going to receive the twenty five dollars reward simply by spreading the word about all the benefits of banking with Emory, and there are a number of them. I love banking with Emory. It is a better way to bank. You can earn extra cash and help your loved ones unlock a world of financial opportunities. Quick get that twenty five bucks.
Speaker 5: Why not?
Speaker 2: Your friends will thank you, not just for the twenty five bucks sport for recommending Emory Federal Credit Union. For all the details restrictions to apply, visit Emory FCU dot org. EMORYFCU dot org MLS number four zero one zero eight seven. Federally insured by NCUA. They are an equal housing lender.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Six thirty nine cole At sixty forty fifty by KERCD talk station Brian Thomas with interest its Dave Hatter interest it dot com to find Dave and the crew for all your business computer related needs over to something that scared the hell out of me. The Bank of America customers woke up to find that, well, their balances were at zero. And this made me think, and I thought of you immediately, Dave Hatter in a sorry, in a well, I think that's natural, man, you take it as a compliment. But before you get to the points you wanted to make, I have to ask you a simple question. At a world filled with ones and zeros, and our accounts and our four oh one k's and everything else we have financially reflected in ones and zeros, what happens if a hacker gets in? Is there a risk to my and my listener's four to one case for example, or even bank accounts that hackers could get in and basically just delete the entire system, like one of these ransomware attacks, that our life savings could just magically disappear because it exists in vapor.
Speaker 3: Well, that's an important question. Yeah, you know, first off, I would like to say no.
Speaker 14: However, you've got to understand that to your point, anything that is entirely digital is potentially subject to not only an attack that would reduce, eliminate, you know, wipe the data for lack of a better description, but it could also be poisoned, you know, could someone unleash some kind of program in the system that would just go in and like change the account information right, you know, and set everything to zero or set it to one dollar or whatever. Yeah, now I think it's important though, to say, let's face it, our banking system has been mostly electronic now for decades, and when you look at just what banks, big banks especially, are capable of, just in the area of fraud. I mean, I would bet every one of your listeners at least once by now has had, you know, some sort of fraud show up on a credit card and it gets canceled before they even know it. So, you know, when you think about resiliency, which is sort of the industry term for how quickly can I recover? Ideally, do I have no downtime? But if I have downtime because I have systems that fail over, right, something goes wrong with the main system, I fail over to a backup system and I keep going. If that doesn't work, then you know, hopefully I have things in place, backup and disaster recovery plans, et cetera, that are going to minimize how long I'm down, and you know off site backup. So is it possible that you could be completely wiped out without any chance of recovery barring you taking in some sort of email or pay per form or something that shows your account balance. I think it's I think the likelihood of that where we're at today, with all of the failover and backup capabilities and the obvious necessity to ensure that people's money isn't wiped out like this because of the impact it would have on society as a whole, I think the likelihood is really low, but I don't think it's zero. I don't think there's a zero chance of right, simply because you know, if a determined hacker or an insider going back to your North Korea thing before, who really understood how the systems work, could attack in multiple places at one time.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, Rian, we talk about it all the time here.
Speaker 14: When you get right down to it, we have become our society is increasingly fragile in my opinion, because we are increasingly reliant on all this technologies.
Speaker 3: And it's not the technology.
Speaker 14: Itself necessary to suspect, it's the fact that all of this stuff has been built at a time when security wasn't as much of a concern.
Speaker 3: Everything is now interconnected.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, that's the difference now. Back in the days when the big traders were trading electronically and only they were doing it, the world wasn't an interconnected place. You couldn't just log in from North Korea into a server in the United States of America through the Internet. Now, of course, that's been a reality for quite some time. That's why I asked the question at the outset. But in so far as this is concerned, they reflect they had their compounds is reflected as zero. The concern it prompted my question, how did this happen with Bank of America? I guess in the final analysis, what was the problem here? Since it isn't a deletion of everybody's record that I was worried about, it's something slightly less than that.
Speaker 3: Well, the reporting I've seen on it is kind of inconsistent.
Speaker 14: Like some of the people they talked to said that when they use the app on their phone, it said zero, but then when they logged in over the web, it showed that they had money in their accounts. And then I've seen others that seem to contradict that that whether they logged in through a web browser or they use the app on their phone, it says zero. So I haven't seen where Bank of America has said exactly what happened, And you know, sometimes they won't because if there is a vulnerability, they don't want to explain it. So while I personally think transparency is always good and it helps ease people's mind when you get a reasonable explanation for a problem like this, I can't understand that in some cases, depending on what actually happened, you may not want to explain it in detail because it would give up information that would make it easier for some sort of future attack.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 14: I mean, my first advice to people would be, if you're using an app on your phone, I don't access my bank from an app on my phone. I only do it from a lockdown web browser on a computer, right, And you know understand that even if you're going at it from a web browser, it's probably one level away from the bank system. There's some kind of nerdspeak API application programming interface that interfaces with the back end to put that data into the web browser and I can almost guarantee you the mobile apps are using some kind of API.
Speaker 3: Could they be using a different API? And is that why? You know?
Speaker 14: Maybe one system was down that fed that data off to their mobile apps, but everything else was working again. The reporting is kind of inconsistent, but I guess my first advice to people is if you look in to your account and it says zero from a mobile app, I wouldn't panic. My first guess is there's something wrong with the app, and I would defall back to all right, I'm going to try to log in using a web browser and see what I get.
Speaker 3: Now, if it still says zero, then I would pick up the phone and call, and I'd immediately call.
Speaker 14: I would not wait around asp, you know, because anytime there is some sort of fraud, you know, if it says zero, is it a bank problem?
Speaker 3: Is it? Is it your account's been hacked and your money's been stolen? Who knows?
Speaker 14: But the sooner you get to the bottom of that, Right with any kind of fraud, the sooner you realize money's missing and you report it and start working through the channels to try to.
Speaker 2: Address it, the better off you will be, all right, And I guess a lot of people haven't been listening to you for the past decade. Dave Hatter coming up most common pin codes, more Tech Friday's Dave Hatter, interest it dot Com where you find them, and Prestige Interiors. John Ryan will help you out with your kitchen remodeling project. That's what he's been doing almost exclusively for almost thirty five years. If not thirty five years, kitchen remodel at is his fourteen. He did a beautiful job on our kitchen. I strongly recommend him. We cut, we got the whole thing started from scratch. You don't have to go that far if you just want to do cabinets and countertops. He's great about keeping within your budget, but he's got wonderful, wonderful design ideas. Storage solutions, increase and improve the flow of your kitchen. It's the heart of your home. How much time you spend in your kitchen. I mean we spend heap loads of time in the kitchen, which is why I'm always in there, just to always reflect on it, what it used to look like and what we've got now so much better across the board in all ways, that's John Ryan. He will be the man on the job for you, your true partner from initial design through final installation. Real easy guy to work with. He's a real sweet guy. A plus with the BBB. Find him online just go to press thege one two three dot com, prestege one two three dot com his number and tollm Brian said high five one three two four seven zero two two nine five one three two four seven zero two two nine.
Speaker 1: Fifty five far the talk station.
Speaker 2: Heit' six fifty here I fifty five care see de talk station. Brian Thomas with tech Friday day had or thanks to his company Interests I for sponsoring this segment every week day've had or they haven't been listening.
Speaker 3: To you have that? Sadly no, Brian, sadly no.
Speaker 2: I can't believe this is still a thing after all the people been hacked into and easily it's easy to figure out passwords like password one. You know, it's the first order of business is to try that one. Anyhow. Same thing with pin codes.
Speaker 14: Yeah, now, obviously you don't need a pin code, maybe as often as you used to, but let's face it, whether it's an ATM or it might be a pin code for your sellular carrier's account.
Speaker 3: I encourage everyone to do this.
Speaker 14: By the way, one of the best ways to protect yourself from getting SIM jacked or simswapped, which could lead to catastrophe, because if I can have your phone number transferred to a different physical device, I can potentially reset all your passwords and get all your MFA.
Speaker 3: Codes and do anything I want to you.
Speaker 14: So most as far as I know all the major cellular carriers, I use Verse and I know they have this capability. You can set up a pin code when you want to change something on your account. In addition to calling in or logging in, you have to know that pin code. And if you're using a pin code for this, research from information is beautiful, uh like one two three four. Guess what the bad guys already know this. It's interesting when you look at what they've summarized here.
Speaker 2: So you know a question on yah ahead, because Okay, the way my mind works, if I'm trying to, you know, break in your phone and you got a pin code, I'm going to start typing in one two three four or one one one one, all the ones that people tend to do nine nine ninety nine. Isn't there a point at which that software will block you out and render you incapable of doing it anymore. You have to you have to hope that's the case. Is that the case of Verizon, you know, I do not know. I think Apple blocks you after multiple attempts.
Speaker 3: I would assume that it is.
Speaker 14: We'll keep in mind, right when we use the term PIN personal identification number again, it could be an ATM, it could be on something like a secular carrier. You it's a secondary piece of authentication right now. Obviously with a bank account, you stick your debit card in the ATM. Part of that authentication is something you have, right you have that card, it's got your information on it, and then something you know kicks in because you have to know that PIN. So I mean it's essentially, when you're using an ATM kind of a two factor multi factor authentication model, they've already built authentication authentication. I can't believe I said often a word authentication. But the bottom line is, you know, you would hope that every piece of software out there would have some sort of account lockout after so many invalid attempts.
Speaker 3: But that's not always the case.
Speaker 14: And if you don't know that, there's these common patterns, right that according to this infographic this organization put together, twenty seven percent of all PIN numbers fall into the list of most common, which are one, two, three, four, zero, zero, zero, one point one some of the ones you hit on. The bad guys know this, right, so of course they're going to start out with those, and hopefully the account gets locked out well once they reset the account at some point, whether it auto resets after some period of time, or you call and you can't get in and they reset it for you. You know, if you don't understand that now, perhaps your account is attempting to be hacked and you reset it to one of these pin numbers because they're easy, you're making it easy. The bottom line really in my mind, Brian, is when you look at this chart, and I'll post this on my show notes links, right, they give you some of the least common pins. Well, I wouldn't necessarily pick one of those either, because now someone has published this, right.
Speaker 3: Ideally I would just pick.
Speaker 14: Something kind of at random, but certainly something that's not on the most common list. The other problem with pins if you don't have an account lockout capability is if you think about it from a mathematical standpoint, right, you have zero or one through zero right, one to ten essentially for a pin, and it's usually four digits, so that is a relatively limited number of possible permutations, right, it's ten times two, ten times ten times ten. Writing a computer program that could generate every one of those combinations, it would be easy, and it would literally run in probably less than one second to generate every possible combination. So by picking a pin that is more difficult, you're just doing yourself a favor. And I would also strongly recommend same advice for passwords, don't use the same pin on more than one account. This is where a password manager can be handy because, in addition to user names and passwords, you can store your pins in there. So rather than have that one universal pin you use everywhere, store a unique pin for each account in your password manager. You'll be much more secure. But it's interesting when you look at this, the bad guys know this stuff, Brian. Of course you're a favor by not using these easily guessed or easily hacked things.
Speaker 2: So sound advice, as always from interest It's day batter day. I've always enjoyed the segment, very informative take his advice to hard folks stand out of trouble and avoid these situations. Dave, until next Friday. I hope you have a wonderful weekend, my friend, and thanks to you and everybody in interest. I tee it's been great talking to you always my pleasure, Brian. I'll look forward to chatting with you next week. Appreciate it, man, stick around folks. Coming up off top of the our news, we're gonna hear from Dave Williams from the Taxpayer Protection Alliance multiple topics with him, and then the spokesperson are a spokesperson for Yes on issue one here in Ohio, the jerrymandering constitutional Amendment, Chris, Dave, you'll be on the show at seven pin forty to try to encourage you to vote yes. I think even after the conversation, I'm gonna be a hard no. But you can draw your own conclusions. That's why we have these conversations here in the morning show.
Speaker 10: I'll be right back your campaign fit stop on the road to November.
Speaker 3: There's so much going on. I gotta check in a few times a day.
Speaker 10: Fifty five krs the talk station. Y it's seven oh six and a very happy Friday to everybody. Brian Thomas, always happy to talk to Dave Williams. Find on my line checking taxpayers dot org from the Taxpayer Protection Lines.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, Dave, my friend. It is always great speaking with you. Good morning, Brian.
Speaker 15: You know it's funny the other day I was listening to the radio, listen to music, and that song you're intro song, and I'm like, wait a second, is it time for for Brians? Like that was a bit triggered when I heard it on the radio.
Speaker 2: Well, you can always count on tool regularly. Here on the five k S Morning Show for Bumper Music. I start my program like I have them. It's my eighteenth year in radio, and almost from the outset, I have opened the program with anima by tool. If you read the lyrics, you'll know exactly why, Dave, You'll know exactly why. And in fact, if you don't know the lyrics of that song, when you get off AE N I m A is how you spell it, read the lyrics you will crack up and you will understand exactly what I'm talking about the tunes. So it's awesome. It's my favorite band tool anyway, something that's not in your list but I had to interject this real quick. A Hurricane Milton destroyed the Tampa Ray's Tropic Caana field and if you saw the roof got ripped off of that, and in the reporting on that, they said they're supposed to have a brand news stadium built by twenty twenty eight to replace this one. I guess total cost one point three billion. Now I laughed at that because the total cost of the stadium upgrades that the Bengals won came in only slightly less than the cost to build an entire stadium in Tampa. So anyway, I know you're a big fan of watching these stadium deals, so I thought i'd interject that sort of comical objection.
Speaker 15: YEA, this is yeah, Brian, this is crazy. One point two billion for upgrades, upgrades. I mean, you're not even building a new stadium. These are just upgrades. I mean, are these going to be gold plated seats? I can't imagine what you're going to spend. And when I say you, it's going to be taxpayers.
Speaker 2: Of course you include me. I'm a Hamilton County resident. Yeah, so wow, pivoting over Congress shocking. No one Congress is making improper payments.
Speaker 15: Huh wow, this is a story that is so underreported. You know, we're talking about hundreds of billions of dollars a year in improper payments. And what improper payments means is that the money is going to the wrong people or they're getting too much money. These are payments that shouldn't be going out. And what that means, Brian, is that no one's going to miss them. If they stop these improper payments, no one is going to miss them. It's not as if, you know, people deserve this money, because no, they're sending too much out and we're talking about hundreds of billions and still in COVID relief.
Speaker 12: There's still a.
Speaker 15: Lot of money in COVID relief money coming out of the treasury, and the treasury means our pockets.
Speaker 2: Well, I just read an article about, you know, FEMA running out of money right into the fiscal year that I've already blown through half of their full annual allocation. They're complaining about not having enough efficient resources of course to deal with the hurricane damage. And the follow up article that I just saw this morning, ten billion dollars in leftover COVID funds may be available to offer the residents struggling with damage some relief. And I just it just cracked me up that, oh, look, we got an extra ten billion dollars laying over here for something It isn't even a problem anymore. Welcome to the federal government. It's inability to keep track of and properly allocate money.
Speaker 15: And I don't know if you saw this, but Speaker Johnson late yesterday said that when Congress comes back, they're looking at a supplemental bill for about one hundred billion dollars to deal with Helene and Milton there hurricanes. So I mean this is going to get more and more expensive, and one hundred billion dollars as a supplemental I mean this is crazy.
Speaker 2: Well and sadly like COVID programs, another program that'll probably be subject to fraud, waste and abuse.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 15: And so back when Katrina hit the Golf coast, Senator Tom kober and the late Senator Tom kober and had this idea. He said, listen, we're going to spend billions of dollars in the Golf coast, right, so why don't we spend a few million on the Inspector General. Let's bolster the Inspector General's office. Let's hire some auditors to monitor, you know, the waste fraud and abuse that we know is going to happen during Hurricane Katrina six million dollars out of you know, billions, and Congress said, no, that's too much, we don't want to do that. I mean, this is you know, back in two thousand and five. They should resurrect that idea today. And if they are going to spend one hundred billion dollars, part of that has to go to the Inspector General because there's going to be massive, massive waste fraud and abuse. You're going to see people gaming the system. And I can't imagine you talk about improper payments. Wow, you know we could see twenty percent of that one hundred billion dollars in improper payments.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. If you know, search for you you'll find it. And why don't they allocate more resources? I mean, you would think that fiscal responsibility and avoiding improper payments just conceptually does not have a partisan stripe. If there are hundreds of billions of dollars out there that are going to the wrong place. If you're a lefty and you think government should spend more on filling the blank some every social cause you want. Well, there it is right there. Wouldn't you want to account for the money properly so it frees up the dollars to go to your favorite pet program? Or if you're a fiscal hawk like I am, wouldn't you just want to get rid of the fraud, waste, and abuse for the purpose of improving our bottom line?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 15: I don't understand it, because this is the low hanging fruit of things, right. We're not asking people to sacrifice anything. We're just saying get rid of these improper payments. And even if you've got fifty or seventy five percent of this, you'd still make a huge difference. And again, you know, for some reason Congress doesn't want to do this. I don't know why is it.
Speaker 2: Potentially And I hate to even ask this for fear you're going to say yes, just simply an insurmountable hurdle. You can hire all the biggest of the big five accounting firms, whatever they happen to be these days. I know that's changed over the years. I still think about Arthur Anderson, for example. But you could hire all those accountants at a very sizeable dollar per hour charge. I might point out they do charge a lot like lawyers, but that they just couldn't deal with the work. That there's so much money flowing out of Washington, DC that to monitor and make sure it's properly paid is just beyond anybody's capability.
Speaker 15: Well, you can't give up. I mean, you can't just throw in the towel and say, just because it's too big of a job, we're not going to do it. I mean, imagine if the pioneers of this country said that this is too big of a job, so we're not going to do it.
Speaker 1: It has to start some.
Speaker 2: Well, the pioneers were activities weren't paid for by robbing someone else to do it.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 15: True, And so I think that you know, when you look at the inspector generally look at any sort of watchdog, you have to have teeth to it. Is that if you are caught defrauding the government, whether you're a company a person, you know longer get taxpayer money full stop. You have to pay back the money and you are no longer eligible to get any sort of grant from the federal government. There has to be some sort of accountability and not just a slap on the wrist.
Speaker 2: Well, in which case I can see them just rechanging the name of their five oh one to three c or NGO operation to some other name and file different paperwork and just reappear as well, basically the same group and in a different under a different name, and reapply.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Then it becomes a whack a mole. Yeah, and they just keep on popping up and you try to beat them down for sure.
Speaker 2: No I know, but I mean every logical solution comes with some sort of parallel associated with it. And again that goes to the maybe they just have decided behind the scenes like screw it, it's is not worthy. We're never going to be able to go to a head around this.
Speaker 15: And remember Brian criminals are always smarter than the government. They always have a new scam going.
Speaker 2: Yes they are. And of course that's one of the reasons we talk with Dave Hatter, who preceded you on the program with tech Friday, and all the ways that these hackers are so much more brilliant than apparently that people that designed the software. Anyhow, we got more to talk about with Dave. One is protecting taxpayers. Dot org is where you find the Taxpayer Protection Alliance Online coming up with DAVE government owned Internet Networks in Minnesota. Minnesota land that job with that contract. Anyway, we'll continue at some fourteen right now if you five kcy talxation and I want to steer you in the right direction. For plumbing residential plumbing, it's plumb tight plumbing done right. It's always plumbing done right. With plumb tight plumbing, they are amazing plumbers, excellent customer service. They're excellent communication in terms of when you schedule the appointment. Like all service companies, you're gonna get a window, but when they're on their way over, they give you a call ahead of time, so you know for sure when they say they're twenty minutes out, they're going to be there at twenty minutes. It's been my experience every time with plumb tight they losso send you photograph for the plumber sena who's going to be standing on your front door, and that plumber will have exceptional customer service. They'll evaluate your plumbing project and give you a fair and ethical quote. They will never try to say you or anything you do not need. From the biggest plumbing job to the smallest, you've got the right folks for you. So if we had recently heavy rains in the like you have me as some pump may have gone out, maybe your water pressure is really really low. There's solutions for that, and there are always solutions for all your plumbing needs with plumb Tight probably serving from northern Kentucky all the way up to dat and do a circle around that you got the region that plumb Tight serves. To learn more, the website plump Tight t t E plump tight dot com. The number five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three. That's five one three seven two seven tight.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 2: If you missed our twenty twenty four, here's a nine first one wether forecast Sunday in seventy six today, overnight clear in forty eight sunny and seventy eight tomorrow. Chance of rain overnight on Saturday, not much so after two am. Otherwise it's just partly cloudy in sixty two and a chance to shower before two pm on Sunday, mostly Sunday otherwise and ohio eighty one forty three. Now time for a traffick update.
Speaker 16: Chuckle, you see how trampeke Center Mammograms Save Vibes called five one, three eight four pink dischedule. You're in your Mamma Graham with uc Helse expert team. That's five one three, five.
Speaker 1: To eighty four pink.
Speaker 16: Highway traffic continues to look good, even northbound four seventy one. You take those barrels out of the left lane and there's the minor delays into downtown. Crews are working with a couple of res in Claremont County. There's a wreck on Woodville Pike in the clean up stages near Deerfield. The other is just above Felicity on one thirty three at seven seventy four. Chuck Ingram, I'm fifty five payer c the talk station.
Speaker 2: It is seven eighteen coming up with seven nineteen to fifty five pair CD talk station Brian Thomas with Dave Williams from the Taxpayer Protection Alliance. All right, moved away from improper payments to government owned internet network What what's going on with this?
Speaker 15: Wow, so these things are popping up all over the country. Is that state and local governments are using taxpayer money to build internet systems, broadband networks and believe it or not, failing failing as absolutely alarm Yeah, shocking, right that the government ends all right.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll do the whole went a why let us start with the why would they get involved in this effort when the free market seems to be adequately serving our ability to get online.
Speaker 15: Because they don't think that the free market is adequately doing this. And listen, we have wireless, we have starlink, we have fiber. We had so many options for people to cant to the internet. But government doesn't understand that. And they've spent you know, billions, tens of billions of dollars to connect people when the private sector has actually spent trillions of dollars to connect people. And that's why these projects are failing at an alarming rate across the country. And so if you're a city and you build one of these networks, and you mentioned Minnesota, this is Wilmer, Minnesota. They had to borrow twenty five million dollars, so that means they have to pay the twenty five million dollars back with interest. And after five or ten years, people aren't subscribing to these networks, so they fail. So now they had this huge bill they have to pay and they don't even have a broadband network in Well, we've been talking about this for years, Brian, is that they need to stop doing this.
Speaker 2: Okay, people aren't signing up, I presume, going back to my original point, because we already have free enterprise providing these services to the public, which are obviously keeping Verizon and other carries like that making it in business, not only but also making fat profit. People are not signing up for the government internet services because well, maybe there's a better alternative out there. In other words, the government cannot compete in a free market with its product. Who is this system set up for? Is this for people on life's margins who can't afford a monthly internet bill from a regular normal so to say, Verizon type carrier.
Speaker 15: Absolutely not, because there are federal programs to help people pay for internet service, right, That's what I thought.
Speaker 3: This is.
Speaker 15: Yeah, this is compete directly with the private sector and with.
Speaker 2: Socialism. The state owns the means of production in this particular case, and controls the means of production. I might add, So owning the internet service provider government owned and providing that is absolute socialism, and the economics of it makes no sense.
Speaker 15: If you're a Comcast. You're a verizon, you have economies of scale, right because you're buying equipment economies of scale. If you're a city, you are not. I mean, when you're building this network, you don't get the same economies of scale, and everything is more expensive and the service isn't as good. And get this, they are charging the same amount for the service if you want one gigabyte, if you want cable, whatever it is. We compared it and they're charging the same as a Comcast, as a charter, as a verizon. So there's no price differential.
Speaker 2: Poor service. Nope, it's not a better price. Government run and own, therefore services worse. Literally across the board, there is no advantage whatsoever. So no kidding, these things aren't working. So is this sort of a concept that's ongoing. Are they doing this elsewhere or is this Minnesota sort of an outlier in lunacy all over the country.
Speaker 15: Next door Kentucky Wired was one of the pioneers in wasteful spending on a government owned network, and this was the middle mile project that they've been doing. You know, billions of dollars that Kentucky had to finance, and you know, we again we have Starlink and Amazon even has a satellite based internet service. So there's massive competition out there, and for some reason the government doesn't see it.
Speaker 2: Well, I shouldn't be perplexed because this is government we're talking about, But I guess I wonder do the individual states like Kentucky, for example, you mentioned one of the being done there, do they have a say over whether or not they're going to move forward with this? And what is the in for a state to want to take on its own financial obligations, or even a city like you point out in this in Minneapolis, or a city to go twenty five million dollars in the hole to fund something that isn't going to benefit them in any way, shape or form is it? Do they have a choice? What is the dangling carrot that would push any idiot politician or decision maker into this situation?
Speaker 15: They absolutely have a choice. And what we're seeing is a lot of consultants pop up. Is a consultant will go into a city and do a study and say, oh, yes, you need this street car, taxpayer, Yeah, this new broadband system. Well guess what this consultant also builds it. And I'm reminded of the Simpsons the monorail where everyone was excited for the mono rail to come in, and you had the consultant come in and say, yes, a monorail will help the city, you know, economically. I mean, that's what these things are. These are the Springfield monorails of twenty twenty four and twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Well, and we've talked to a lot of topics over the years, Dave, and I don't know, I'm troubled or I'm struggling to find one that's any that it's dumber than this. This is a perfect illustration of government stupidity and government endeavoring. I presume over the long term, if they do enough of these stupid projects, failing as they are, that maybe they're interested in just putting out private internet providers. They are putting private internet providers out of business, and whatting the government take over it? Going over to my concerns over the First Amendment and government's trying to control the narrative over our speech. Is this not a vehicle that could potentially do that?
Speaker 15: It absolutely is, And this really has showed the contempt that the government has for business and free enterprise. You look at all the anti trust actions right now by the Federal Trade Commission, by the Department of Justice. It really is a distrust and really trying to break down and destroy business and corporations in this country. And listen, I am not here to defend corporations. I think they do a lot of head things, but they also do good things. They employ people, they add to the economy and for the government. And this is a lot of this is political, has nothing to do with policy. Is that the Elizabeth Warrens of the world hate certain businesses, so they want the Federal Trade Commission to break them up, to destroy them. And this is not what the government is for. And we've gotten so far away from the original intent of what this country was supposed to be about. It's not even funny.
Speaker 2: It isn't funny. We'll pause, bring day back for one more of the irs and political ven Detta seven twenty five. Right now, if you've out KCIT talk station and speaking of money matters, Susette Lovescamp. Of course, mortgage probably one of the biggest financial transactions you'll ever get involved with. Borrowing money for the purpose of acquiring a home. We all know how that works, and Susette makes that process so so easy for mortgages, any mortgage related situation, I mean, even the idea of a second mortgage, which never I mean a reverse mortgage, never appeals to me. But Suseette knows about those and can help you with that fixed second mortgage. Cash out options, lines of credit, down payment assistance programs are available for certain states. He knows everything there is with more than thirty five years in the mortgage business. On top of that, her customer service is absolutely superior. You couldn't be working with a nicer, sweeter person, or someone who's going to get you through this process as quickly and painlessly as possible. Thank you Susette for helping my daughter out with her financing on her home. She's never charged a junk fee, never charges an application fee, and Susette is with Cross Country Mortgage, which means she can help you regardless of which state you're in. And my friend's in Puerto Rico, she can help you too. Send he an email or shooter, a center of drop her a line and our phone number. She'll get right back with you again. No junk fees or application fees, just great rates at a low cost. Five one three three one three fifty one seventy six five one three three one three fifty one seventy six SUS at dot Lows Camp, l O s e k A mp SS at dot Low's Camp at CCM dot.
Speaker 1: Com fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: A Minute of Hope is brought to you by the Linders Center of Hope Lender's Camp. Here's your nine first one on one to forecast. Nice day to day sonny in seventy six, clear skies overnight forty eight, sunny again tomorrow seventy eight, partly cloudy with this is a slight chance of showers overnight sixty two for the low and mostly sunny on Sunday. Little chance to rain before two pm eighty one for the high forty four out time for traffic.
Speaker 16: From the UCO Trampings Center. Mammogram Saved Vibes called five one three, five eight four pink to schedule your annual mammogram with UC healthas FIR team.
Speaker 2: That's five one, three, five eight four pink.
Speaker 16: Northbound seventy five continues to run less than seven minutes out of Erlinger into downtown southbound seventy five. You'll need an extra three to four between Evandale and the lateral southbound seventy one no problem at all through Blue Ash and Kenwood chout Ingram on fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: The talk station coming up on seven thirty fifty five KERCIT talk station right time is the Dave Williams from the Taxpayer Protection Alliance again online Protecting Taxpayers dot org. We end on the IRS and political vendit as are going back to Lowess Lerner on this one.
Speaker 15: Dave, Yeah, this goes back, boy to the twenty ten and you know, we remember the political targeting of Lois Earner, and the Taxpayer's Protection Alliance was actually part of that because you know, we were formed in twenty eleven and we got some very nasty letters from Lois Learner. You know, obviously we were able to get our nonprofit status as a fee for but it wasn't easy because we had the word taxpayer in our name. And the same thing is still happening fourteen years later, is that the IRS now is looking at when a company sells assets to a third party. So I'm really boring sort of you know, inside baseball stuff, but the IRS is saying now we are going to review even though it's legal, We're going to review and potentially audit every single transaction, not based upon the legality, but based upon who's doing it. And it's more of a political a judgment rather than a policy judgment.
Speaker 2: Well, isn't that illegal?
Speaker 15: Yes, one hundred percent. And this is why we wrote the outbed. This is why we have the ears and eyes of people in the Senate and the House, and they are investigating this and looking into this because this is blatantly illegal. And you know, this is one of those things where you know Lois Learner, listen, she that was public and a lot of people knew about that. This is something that has really flown under the radar and really needs a lot more attention that they are now targeting politically companies in this country. And when you do that, companies will leave. You know, there's only so much that they're going to take from the IRS and from the tax food and they're going to leave. So that's that's my concern is that this is not only going to hurt the companies themselves, but it's going to hurt us economically if these companies do relocate.
Speaker 2: Well, as you point out, Charles, little John IRS contractor got off with a slap on the risk for illegally leaking sensitive tax documents. That's typically the outcome and anything when they find somebody has engaged in illegal behavior, nothing really becomes of it, which is doesn't act as much of a deterrent, if you know what I mean. That's a key pillar of the criminal justice system is to deter people from getting involved in crime because of the penalties. But the penalties are always quite.
Speaker 15: Light, and we've seen the IRS targeting lower income individuals to audits. I mean, this is you look at a heat map of where the poor people in this country, the Mississippi Delta region, they get audited more than Westchester County, New Yorkitch County. Yes, I mean this is people just kind of shake their head when they see this. But this is not anecdotal. These are reports and this is you know, analysis that have been done. Is that the Mississippi Delta region gets audited more than Westchester County, New York. I mean, this is just shocking information for people to hear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me point out, is it not true that the income disparities are rather stark between those two regions of our country days.
Speaker 15: Yes, we're talking about you know, Mississipi delta about thirty thousand dollars a year median income Westchester County probably about seventy or eighty thousand on the low end.
Speaker 2: No way, Yeah, yeah, I'm sure you probably can't get in Westchester County with an eighty thousand dollars a year salary. Any they won't issue you have passed. Well, I guess is there any pending litigation on this could address the problem on a broader spectrum rather than just some individual being targeted happy to go to court, lawyer up and go after the IRS for being targeted.
Speaker 15: Well, I think what happened with the Supreme Court earlier this year with Chevron and the lo for Bright decisions really is going to put pressure on the IRS because now Congress can get in there and say, okay, you are misinterpreting. It's not your job to interpret what this means. So I think, you know, and we've talked about this before the Supreme Court cases, this is I think this is an area which really could have more definition now now that we have Loper, Bride and Chevron in our back pocket.
Speaker 2: Well, there's certainly been some great progress toward creating the environment legally speaking, to pair back the reach of the administrative state. That's one of the blessings we have with the current Supreme Court makeup, you know, the Westchester or rather the West Virginia versus EPA decision, the Chevron decision, which you just mentioned in others. Really, I mean, I think this is going to do a world of good for us in terms of trying to hold our government accountable for wealth.
Speaker 15: They're open Congress, and it's and it's up to Congress, and we need a Congress that understands what this means and moves forward. And Brian, let me just tell you during the two breaks, I went to look the lyrics of that Tool song and yeah, absolutely right, I'm reading them right now.
Speaker 2: And FCC won't allow me. Yeah, the FCC won't. I won't allow me to play much more than just a few few lines from the song. But it makes a very profound point, you know, learn to swim Libertarian message from Dave Whims the Taxpayer Protection Lines and Brian Thomas this morning. Dave, Happy Friday, brother, It's always great having the program. Keep up the great work, and I'll recommend my listeners check you out again at Protecting tax Payer Dot org appreciate what you do each and every day.
Speaker 8: Dave.
Speaker 2: I'll look forward to having you back on the program real soon.
Speaker 15: Have a great weekend run.
Speaker 2: You too, Doctor Fred Pack, doctor Meghan Frew awesome dentists. Doctor Meghan Frew back from her her maternity leave, which is important thing. So I'm glad to hear she is back, and I'm glad to hear that doctor Fredpeck still doing well. They're both awesome dentists, and you are in the best capable bus possible hands in terms of general dentistry and cosmetic dentistry. I think there's like ninety total people in the world that are accredited fellows with the American Academy and Cosmetic Dentistry, and they're only three in the entire state of Ohio. And you think about how many dentists there are out there in the world. Well, doctor Fredpeck is one of those accredited fellows. That shows a lot just the designation because you've got to do so many different cosmetic procedures and properly and successfully to qualify for that. Doctor Fred Peck, his passion is cosmetic dentistry. So if you want transformative dental work, you are not happy with the way your smile is. You don't like to smile because you're afraid of showing your t Uni doctors Peck and Fru doctor Peckworking Hunter accreditation with the American Academy. But again for general dentistry, my whole family's general dentist practice always state of the art, always a just the unbelievably friendly folks there. It's a welcoming, warm environment, and so if you're wigged out about going to the dentist, you're gonna feel comfortable from the get go. And they also have sedation dentistry if that's your thing, best practice around I assure you of that. Learn more online go to Peck pec kpeck smiles dot com. Tell them Brian said, Hi, I'm friends with all those folks over there over the years. Five one three six two, one seventy six, sixty six five to one three six two, one seventy six, sixty six.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC Bill Cunningham, heyor you.
Speaker 2: Time now? Forty nine first one on the forecast, sunny skys today with the highest seventy six over night, It's gonna be clear in forty eight sunny again tomorrow. High have seventy eight. Then overnight we'll have partly cloudy sky's just a slight chance of showers after two am, going down to sixty two, and then for Sunday game day chances showers before two pm. Otherwise it's mostly sunny and a high of eighty one. Right now it's forty four. Let's get an up the eun traffic conditions form.
Speaker 16: Chuck Ingram from the UCL Traffic Center Mammogram say vibes called five one three, five eight four pink to schedule you'r annual mammogram with UC Health's expert team. That's five one three five eight four pink. Southbound seventy five delay times are growing through Lachland. That's good for an extra five to six minutes. Now northbound seventy five beginning to slow down a bit at Kyle's. That's a wreck on Westwooded Grand Chuck ing braman fifty five k r C the talk station.
Speaker 15: Or not.
Speaker 2: Seven forty year fifty five care the CD talk station. Actually, I was looking forward to maybe learning something. Chris Davey, the spokesperson, was gonna supposed to be in the program right now to talk about why you should vote yes on Issue one. Not reachable Jess Trekker struggling to dial him up. Was he supposed to call us? Did you call him, Joe? You got his number, just didn't answer. Interesting one of the questions one of my listeners, and well actually a dear friend of mine, John Newsom, story law enforcement career, said he's a No. One Issue one regardless. But the funding, who's paying for this? Why? And you know, and I stare at it, and you know, I got red flags flying all over the place on this first off. It is horrifically complicated to this new commission that's going to be created in this this issue one again, this is they say this is going to end jerrymandering, but it just moves jerrymandering. I guess they call it something else, is like Orwellian news speak, that they give the idea of redistricting to in this so called independent commission, and then they do it. Here's the process, this is it. The ballot language create the volent process for apporting the commissioners. Four partisan appointees on the Ohio ballot board. There'd be two Republicans and two Democrats. I guess we'll choose a panel of four partisan retired judges too affiliated with both parties right Republicans and Democrats, Independence, You're going to take a slide to sit over in the side for a while. So each selects four judges, and those judges I guess get honed down as well. They end up with a total Provide that the four legislative appointees of the Ohio Ballot Board would be responsible for reporting the panel members. As follows, Ballot Board legislative appointees affiliated with the same major political parties select eight applicants, present those to the Ballot Board appointees, who would then select two persons from the eight, resulting in four panel appointees. The panel would then hire a private professional search firm to help them choose six of the fifteen individuals on the commission. Oh, it gets worse. The panel will then choose those six individuals by initially creating a pool of ninety individuals, thirty from the first major political party, thirty from the second meaning Republicans and Democrats, and finally the independent's gonna say, thirty from neither of the first nor the second political parties. Now, I guess that could mean communists. I guess that could mean Oh, you got him. Welcome to the program. A little worried about you not coming at Chris Davey, spokesperson for the S on Issue one, Welcome to the program. It's real good to have you on here, because you know, honestly, I'm really confused over all this. Can you explain I'm going through how these panels in these committees and this whittling down process goes, and it's quite perplexing. And I'll tell you, I practice law for sixteen years.
Speaker 5: I am.
Speaker 2: And here's where I get self deprecating. I think it means nothing. I'm a member of MENSA. I can't figure this out very easily, So why would I be voting for this? Go ahead, take the reins here, Chris.
Speaker 9: Sure, good morning, Thanks for having me on. I'll try and help you out. Let me keep it simple for you. Vote yes on one.
Speaker 2: No, that's not gonna win. You're gonna have to.
Speaker 12: Hold on.
Speaker 9: Vote vote yes on Issue one to end jerrymandering by putting citizens in charge and getting politicians out of the map drawing process. Politicians have drawn jerrymandered maps seven times. They were ruled unconstitutional by the Ohio Supreme Court seven times. We're one of the ten most jerrymandered states in the country, and it causes terrible problems for us. Look at Congress. Okay, why once again do we have to be up against the fiscal cliff, on the verge of defaulting on the United States debt because we send these guys and gals of Congress. They can't even do their darn jobs. Look at the General Assembly. All they do is fight division, discord.
Speaker 13: You know, this was.
Speaker 9: One of it was the most unproductive General Assembly in three generations. You have to go back to the nineteen fifties to find the General Assembly that did as little work as the one we have here. Now why because they're all in these Jerry and Andrew districts, they don't have to answer to the voters. I'll get to your question in one second. Let me just say one more quick thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the landscape screwed up. We can agree all day long that the landscape is screwed up. The political landscape is is deadlock. We are obviously electing the wrong people to hire office. And this is the fault of the citizenry for not electing better, more competent people. Agree, agree, agree, agree. Columbus is dysfunctional as an a can be.
Speaker 9: So how do we love better people with the gerrymtaged system. Let me just give you one.
Speaker 2: For office in given district.
Speaker 9: I'm sitting here in to me. Okay, do you know how much? Do you know what percentage of the voters are independent voters?
Speaker 8: Like myself?
Speaker 3: They're not.
Speaker 9: I'm not a member of the Republican Party. I'm not a member of the Democratic Party, never have been. I'm an independent voter. Do you know what percentage of Ohioans are independent voters?
Speaker 2: Just give it a yes, Probably about say twenty percent.
Speaker 9: These days, seventy percent of Ohio voters seventy percent are independent voters.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now where voter?
Speaker 9: Where is the South district?
Speaker 2: Wait a second, give me the bibliographic reference to that particular figure. I have never seen that figure before. And I do this for a living.
Speaker 9: Going to the Secretary of State's office right now while we're on the air, and do a search for the registered voters in the state of Ohio, and you'll see the breakdown. Democrats, Republicans, they're called unaffiliated, be independent voters.
Speaker 1: Okay, And well I'll do that.
Speaker 9: While you do that, I'll tell you, well, I'm an independent. I'm sitting here in Columbus, Ohio. Alison Russo, the Democrat on the redistricting Commission, drew herself into a cozy Gerrymander district. She drew me into her legislation district. And then when I go to vote in March, well to primary. So I'm an independent, there's nothing for me to vote for. And you look on there and it's Alison Russo versus Alison Russo.
Speaker 2: I don't want to let's deal, let's tail.
Speaker 9: We said no opponent in the primary, and then this November she has no opponent in November.
Speaker 2: Listen, can we talk about how this is going to solve the problem. First off, the idea of having a divided panel, you have remembers of this party, members of that party. And then ultimately, when you get down to selecting the individuals creating the pool of ninety individuals, thirty from Republicans, thirty from the Democrats, and thirty from neither party, that would be the independent votes. We you just got done saying seventy percent of Ohio's Ohioans fall into the latter category, and yet they're not equally represented on this panel. And I guess more fundamentally, also, how do you figure out whether someone qualifies as being in either of the major parties or independent? Don't you look at their voting record?
Speaker 12: Yeah, you look at their voting all right?
Speaker 2: How have you voted? I don't know, but I mean over the years, if there's a pattern where you, as an independent, unaffiliated person with any party, have regularly voted safe for the Democrats, doesn't that make you not an independence? Merely because you're not in you haven't registered as a Democratic Republican doesn't necessarily make you politically neutral. It means you're leaning one way or another because you're left with no other choices but Republicans or Democrats in the state. So does that allow you to be in on the committee then, even though let's say hypothetically you voted for Democrats for the last twenty years, Yeah.
Speaker 9: It could. It depends on the totality of circumstances. But let me tell you this has worked in other states where it's been done. You can find qualified citizens who want to step forward and serve the state of Ohio and serve on these committees. That worked in Michigan, it's worked in Colorado, in Arizona, in Missouri, So we're not reinventing the wheel here. Citizens read commissions work. They result in more competitive districts FAARO maps in an open and transparent process, and that's what we're going to have when Ohiolands vote yes on the one the November fifth.
Speaker 2: Well, are you expecting the residents of the state of Ohio, who very very often, quite often don't have enough time to pay attention to politics generally? First off, read through this and understand it and to know that it has, in your definition worked elsewhere. I know that's a subjective conclusion based upon an advocate for a yes on Issue one. But how do we know as Ohiolans, we can't even keep track of what's going on in our backyard that it's worked or not. As the case maybe and I'm sure there's people out there who make an argument that it hasn't worked.
Speaker 9: Well, do your own research, you know, go online, look and you'll see there's all kinds of there's all kinds of studies out there that show that this has worked. And Ohiolands are smart, they'll they'll figure it out. We now, look, we've been at this for We've been at this for over a year now, We've been knocking all ye work. We've been in all eighty eight counties. We talked to voters and they do get it when you talk to them about Iowans hate jerrymandering. And when you explain to them that, well, we're going to fix it by putting citizens, not politicians, in charge of drawing the mops. They go in the match, they go, oh, yeah, that makes sense. That makes a ton of sense. You know, Ronald Reagan was a proponent of citizens redistricting commissions, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then you know what, I don't want to talk about hypotheticals under Reagan. I won't know what language he was looking at. I'm staring at something that prevents a commission member from being removed except by the vote of the veellow commission members, even for incapacity, willful neglect due to your grossmus conduct, followed by a prohibition for anybody out here in the voting public from filing a lawsuit challenging the redistricting plans.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 2: As a litigation attorney, I know that there's value in taking things to court. Obviously, that's what was the impetus behind this, because so many court battles have been fought and admittedly lost for jerrymandering. But I want the ability to go into court and argue that this too is something that is unlawful, you know, illegal, improperly done. But this deprives me of that, right, Well, no it doesn't. I just read the right one.
Speaker 9: Well, I don't know what language you're reading, but under issue one, you can take these maps to court. This is there is a provision for challenging the.
Speaker 3: Maps in court.
Speaker 2: All right, and let's leave. Let's leave on this one because this is another red flag for most of my conservative listening audience, and I'll acknowledge they mostly are, even though I describe myself as a little libertarian speaking of political neutrality, that it's backed by almost exclusively left wing organizations. Unions are all all behind this. The funding has come largely from out of state by some very left leaning, well known figures. A lot of dark money from out of state. This gives my listeners a lot of trouble and concern. So, even though maybe well intentioned, how is it that the political landscape has lined up where the Democrats are the ones largely supporting this and the Republicans are largely against it.
Speaker 9: Well, look, people are tired of this red blue us versus them, jets versus the sharks. Let's make everything be a fight to the death between these two opposing sides that you know can never get along.
Speaker 12: That's not what this is about.
Speaker 9: There are elements that want to make that what this is about, but it's not what Issue one is about.
Speaker 12: Issue one is about.
Speaker 9: Returning power to the citizens of Ohio and having citizens, not politicians, draw the legislative map so that we can finally end jerrymanderin Now. Our support comes from all across the political spectrum, and we've received small dollar donations from people in all eighty eight counties. Yes, we've received money from out of state. That's a common thing that you'll see in campaigns for elective officers. You think Bernie Moreno hasn't received money from out of state? You don't think.
Speaker 2: About This'nie Morino. All right, Well, we're out of time anyway, went way long and don't have any more time in the hours, so use it up with you. Appreciate you joining the program.
Speaker 1: All right, but yes on issue.
Speaker 2: Followed by vote no on Issue one. For me, there's my recommendation. You go ahead and choose wisely. Seven fifty three fifty five KRC Talk Stage Real quick word for a good friends, Foreign Exchange, get your car fixed for less money, and ultimately that is all what it's all about. You get an SEC certified Master Technician worker on your car. You leave with a full warm chump parts in service, and you will leave with more money in your pocket than you would had you taken into a dealership. All everything you need, regardless of which country your imported car comes from, Asian or European, they have the data access to your manufacturer's technical information to fix your car. Right. Trust my friends at Foreign Exchange IM I'm going there for years and years. Tylersville, egsit off with seventy five headies, two streets hanging right on Kinglin. You're there online. You're there at Foreign X form theletter x dot com. Here's the number five one, three, six, four four, twenty six, twenty.
Speaker 6: Six, fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Deep in the back of your money.
Speaker 15: If it's happening, Shut the government down, to secure the border.
Speaker 1: Fight for a future, make America great again. It happens here on fifty five KRC The Talk stage show.
Speaker 2: Heyoh five, I Thinking fout KRCY Detalk Station A very Happy Friday to you. Extra special getting away from politics and actually kind of delving into politics at the same time. It was a crazy decade the year of my birth nineteen sixty five and the year that this book begins. With My next guest, author of the book The Magical Decade, A personal memoir and popular history of nineteen sixty five through nineteen seventy five, Welcome to the Morning Show, David Chudwin. By way of background, real quick, David, to let people know who you are. Born in nineteen fifty, so he's got fifteen on me in Chicago, which is a great place to be. I suppose back then we're going to talk about that. And so he was and eyewitnessed all these things that were going on. Actually was at the Beatles concert there Comiski Park in nineteen sixty five, during the British invasion, anti war, press protesters in the moonlighting. He saw it all. Per author of I was a teenage space Reporter, which is based on his Apollo eleven experiences. He went to med school rather than stick with journalism or his end and just recently retired. Congratulations on your retirement and write and having published the book The magical decade. It's good to have you on the morning show.
Speaker 12: Thank you very much. It's a great pleasure to be here.
Speaker 2: All right, let me just throw a bunch of stuff at you in rapid fire, because I have a question that's predicated on all this. I was just sitting there thinking about I'm a student of this era. Actually it's just a real it's a fascination for me. But I go back to the Beat era, and you know Kerouac and the authors from the Beat era and how it progressed into the Hippie movement and all the cultural change that was going on, and it was amazing, which is why I find the the era so fascinating. But think about it right then and there in that decade, you got the formation of Greenpeace, got the free speech movement, and the Students for Democratic Society rioting over in Berkeley under Mario Savio, the anti war movement because Vietnam Black Panthers. You have assassinations JFK, RFK, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King, you have bombings from the Simines Libinary Liberation Army up in Chicago, your neighborhood, the Watts riots in sixty five. This is a and I'm just scratching the surface of all those things. Were you aware of how tumultuous and how transformative socially speaking a time it was while you were living at beginning at age fifteen in nineteen sixty.
Speaker 12: Five, No, I don't think I had the perspective, you know, at that age to understand really what was going on. You know, each event would come, the assassinations, the riots, the events in space, the events in Vietnam, and I didn't keep them in perspective. But years later I decided to write this book as kind of the gifts to my kids and grandparents and grandkids as far as you know, what were the sixties and seventies really like? And doing the research for the book, I got a much greater perspective on how revolutionary this decade from sixty five to seventy five was.
Speaker 2: Indeed, and let us start with something very positive, something that I think everybody appreciates this day. You can go to any radio right now anywhere. And I'm not talking about pre programmed radio or any particular identified satellite radio, but I mean, just generally speaking, they're still going to be playing music from the sixties. It was just it was like the best decade ever for music, all the British Invasion bands, which had profound influence on bands in the United States. Of course, they got their influence from all blues artists and acts. You know, musically speaking, we have I don't think we've ever had a better decade. Did you get to go to a lot of concerts? I know he went to the Beatles concert at Comisky Park, But were you aware of the awesomeness of what was coming out material wise and creativity wise?
Speaker 12: Yes, I was in the venue for appreciating the music. I was in high school then, the first part of the Magical decade. I was in high school till nineteen sixty eight, and high school had dances in the gym called sack hops because everybody had to wear socks. You couldn't wear shoes because it would wreck the basketball floor. And so I really got an appreciation for the music at these high school dances.
Speaker 2: And moving over to more tumultuous thing, well, obviously the Vietnam War was going on, clearly a lot of protesters, and I thought politically speaking, I thought it was an interesting alignment that ended up forming, which is very analogous to what's going on today, And I suppose you two can draw some parallels disparate groups sort of working together to fight against the system. You know, it was Vietnam War protesters, it was the Echo warriors, Green Peace was formed in sixty nine. Again, you had the free speech movement, but all of them seemed to coalesce into one giant coalition of protesters. I get a sense of that going on today.
Speaker 12: Well, I think it was certainly going on then. And one of the catalysts for that was disdained by a lot of young people then. For President Nixon and President Johnson before them, both were kind of undone in different ways by the Vietnam War. And there was a great antipathy among young people then for the Vietnam War, with fifty two thousand dead until the lottery was institute of the draft lottery, a very unfair draft system, and that and so young people their personal safety was at risk. You play on one thing out so much of the issues then, more than fifty years ago, are issues now they are.
Speaker 3: You look at it, voting rights.
Speaker 12: Abortion, foreign mores. It's amazing how the more things change, the more they remain the same. The issues maybe in a different context or phrase differently, But we're fighting politically over the same type of thing that we thought about in this period nineteen sixty five to seventy five.
Speaker 2: More things change the more they say the same anyway, I understand for the notes you got tear gas at the Vietnam War protests. You were getting into draft territory there at your age at that time. Am I wrong?
Speaker 12: No, You're right. And I had a student deferment, and then when the draft lottery came, I had a very high number, so I was not going to be not going to be drafted. And I don't know what I would have done had I had a load number in subject to the draft. I was against the Vietnam War when I was tear gas, though I was kind of an innocent bystander. I was a student journalist then and I covered in nineteen sixty nine the March on Washington for my college newspapers, the Michigan Daily. And it was a night before the main demonstration, and I was covering a group of protesters who were headed towards the South Vietnamese embassy. And they make a long story short, everybody in the area was tear gassed. So I had my first taste, I guess with of teary asse at that point.
Speaker 2: How about that? That's interesting. And then you also were at the first Moon launch. I know that was a subject matter of your other book. I was a teenage space reporter, right.
Speaker 12: I had been interested in space since Sputneck, which is in nineteen fifty seven. And I was a very impressionable seven year old boy then, and like a lot of boys of that era, I was fascinated by space. And when the moon landing attempt was announced for the July nineteen sixty nine, I had turned I was just turning nineteen then was able to travel by myself. So with a buddy of mine, we were able to get NASA press credentials and that was actually down there as armstrong columns and all, and lifted off towards the Moon. And it was one of the most exciting experiences of my life.
Speaker 2: I imagine. And you know, even as a four year old, I do remember the television coverage of the Moon launch. And of course, you know, one small step for man, one giant step leaf for mankind. Don't remember the words at that young age, but I do remember watching on television. I was just just fascinated by space program, and I had all kinds of rocket toys and my little Tang moon rover that came with your jar of Tang, which we drank, because that was what I guess the astronauts drank. Did you were you at this sixty eight convention by any chance, because obviously that was a rather momentous, riotous occasion.
Speaker 12: Well, luckily, in retrospect, I had had to go and start school at the University of Michigan in ann Arbor the week of the convention. They were on a trimester system and started early in August, so I just missed it that I had volunteered in the mc Eugene McCarthy campaign and would have been there if I hadn't had to go to school and friends of mine were beaten up and arrested.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was a different view of law enforcement back then. There's the law enforcement folks were rather applauded for their there I say, brutality on some of the protesters. It was just sort of, you know, we're in for law and order, and these punks are out here protesting and they deserve the police baton beating that they get. I've heard many comments like that over the years. What was it like growing up in Chicago back then? I lived in Chicago between nineteen ninety and nineteen ninety eight, and I know it was obviously during that period of time even more murders and homicides per year than there is now. But it was an interesting reality living there, growing up in Cincinnati. What was it like back then? Because it was far more segregated and divided.
Speaker 12: Back then, right, Chicago was a city that was segregated, perhaps even more so than certain parts of the southern United States. There were certain neighborhoods where blacks lived in other neighborhoods that were white neighborhoods, and by a series of restrictive covenants in leases by pressure, the people in one neighborhood did not sell to people from another group, and it was very segreat. I think it's telling that doctor Martin Luther King that after he concentrated on voting rights in the South, that he came to Chicago in nineteen sixty six started a campaign for fair housing in Chicago, and there is all types of conflicts over this at that time, and I think that would be amazing to someone who lived then, that African American is now the mayor of Chicago compared to then when the mayor was long term mayor was Richard J. Day, a politician of Irish descent. So in terms of the power base of Chicago, things have really changed through the years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no doubt about it. I guess the Harold Washington first black mayor in Chicago, and he was there between eighty three and eighty seven. Actually it was a little later than that, if I recall that. Yeah, during my closener of my time there, let me get your comments on the hipbie movement. Always fascinated by the Hibbye movement, the idea that having longer hair, which is ubiquitous these days on a guy was looked down upon by society at large. Where were you in terms of your acceptance of that philosophy, that concept, the free love and the long hair and the beautiful colors and all that relative to the more conformist you know, very tight, high and tight haircuts that men typically had. Clearly this was a divisive thing within families. What was your personal experience along those lines.
Speaker 12: Well, when I was in high school, I had a tight military type crew cut. Yeah, and that kind of laugh when I look at the pictures of myself from You Know sixty five sixty six, the start of what I call the Magical Decade. When I was in high school. Later on, I had kind of a long, bushy haircut and mustache, but it was still pretty conservative looking. But for example, a cousin of mine, the first cousin of mine, in nineteen sixty seven, went to San Francisco for the Summer of love, and he got involved with drugs and all kinds of stuffs while they are and it's created in the family a great deal of concern, and he stayed up there and joined the commune.
Speaker 2: Communes collunes and asterrams didn't work out real well for most folks because from each according's ability to each according to his need typically doesn't work out because people tend to get lazy. My observation, not necessarily yours, mister Chudwin. David Schudwin, author of the book We're Talking About Today, which you can easily get on my blog page fifty five kcy dot com. The Magical Decade, a personal memoir of and popular history of nineteen sixty five nineteen seventy five. Is it just a history of the era? You're an autobiography how do you what would you characterize this book as for we part company today.
Speaker 12: Well, I think I turned to a different perspective. It's an intersection between a personal memoir and a popular history of the era. And I was very lucky to be kind of the four scump during that decade in the middle of everything, and so I talk about my personal experiences but put it in the context of popular history.
Speaker 2: It's been a great conversation this morning. I'll strongly encourage my listeners to get over to my web page fifty five cares dot com. Click on the link you two can get a copy of the book The Magical Decade by my guest today, David Chudwyn. David, it's been a real pleasure today, and thanks for sharing your experiences a little bit here this morning. I know my listener is going to really enjoy the book.
Speaker 12: Thank you very much.
Speaker 13: It's good to talk to my.
Speaker 2: Pleasure for more than seventy five years, the folks at Zimmer Heating and Air Conditioning. They have well taken great care of their customers, and their customers become very loyal customers because of the service they get and the right price you get from Zimmer Heating. And air conditioning. You can turn to the third generations at Zimmer, just like so many folks in the Greater Cincinnati area does, for twenty four hour days, seven day week emergency service. So your unit goes out in a bad time, it's always a bad time, isn't it. Get in touch with them. We'll get right over, get right back to you. And if it comes time to get rid of the AC because it's gone belly up, it's time to take advantage of the cool carrier comfort rebate twenty one hundred dollars savings off a brand new carrier unit. They're the folks that invented air condition great air conditioning units they are, and of course taking care of an installed by the professionals at Zimmer. Go online to go Zimmer dot com. Learn more about the company's schedule appointment right there. It's really easy to do. Go Zimmer dot.
Speaker 6: Com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Have you quickly here your nine first one and weather forecast Sonny in seventy six a day, overnight clear, forty eight, Tomorrow sunny up to seventy eight, overnight down to sixty two, little chance rain, partly clouding, then a mostly sunny Sunday with a slight chanceer rain before two pm and high of eighty one forty four degrees. Right now, let's get a traffic update from the UC Health Traumphing Center.
Speaker 16: Mammograms Saved Vibes called five one three five eight four pink to schedule your annual mammogram with UC Health experteen. That's five one three, five eight four pink. Southbound seventy five. Minimal delays now through Blachlin sing for northbound seventy five between Buttermilking Downtown. They cleared the wreck on West footed Grant in Bend seventy fourth. Been in great shape. Paul morning Mon still is Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station, Hey.
Speaker 2: Twenty eight fifty five KRCD Talk Station, A very Happy Friday to everybody. Find it on my blog page fifty five KRC dot com. The book The White Privilege Album Bringing racial harmony to very fine people on both sides. My next guest, aj Rice. He's the author. He's an American publicist. His conservative street creds are well established as a columnist, humorist, and impresario. Officially reserve service as President's CEO Publicist PR editor in chief of published publist National post On Substack, author of the number one Amazon bestseller The Woking Dad House, Society's Vogue Virus Destroys Our Culture. Served as the executi producer Laura Ingram Show, The Monica Crowley Show. He produced investigative news show at Washington Times. I could go on all day long, but I want to get to the book. Welcome to the Morning Show, aj Rice. It's a distinct pleasure to have you on my program.
Speaker 17: Hey brother, great to be back. It's great to be here talking to all those very fine people out there in that audience.
Speaker 5: I know you've got some.
Speaker 2: Yes, we do, and they're the smartest audience in radio when it comes to matters political. And how dare you described as a comedy about race? Wokness? And cancel culture culture? The fact that you wrote a comedy And you obviously do some very very very funny, very very funny writing in your observations. But you know, aren't you already drawing the left's ire by daring to make fun of their stupidity?
Speaker 17: Oh yeah, I mean, look, this is a direct sequel to The Woking Dead. I you know, my writing style is I sort of talk the way I write. I'm a Philly guy, and you know I love to mock you know, the left.
Speaker 5: It's so much fun.
Speaker 17: I learned how to do it from Rush Limbaugh, from Andrew Breitbart, and you know, is as tragic as our times can be, and they can be tragic, there is you know, if we're all going to head to the gallows of Kamala wins, we might as well have some gallows humor along the way.
Speaker 5: So I'm gonna definitely get my shots in. Brother, I'm getting my shots in.
Speaker 3: Amen to that.
Speaker 2: I love doing that myself. And you point out the laziest tactic they do to divide us, and this has been going on for basically my entire lifetime, but it is effective claiming racial grievances, claiming that there's racism involving literally anything, which in Barack Obama just did it. I believe it was yesterday, speaking to specifically black men while he was a campaign in Pittsburgh, telling them that you know, you need to vote for Kamala Harris. You got an easy choice here, and I think that reason some of you aren't feeling this enthusiasm is about having a woman as president. My response is no, That is an insulting statement to make to African American men who probably are also upset about insane spending, the racial cultural shifts, global disorder, border policies which are directly impacting so many black men in inner cities. I mean, they got a lot of reasons to not the enthusiastic about Kamala Harris. But there again Barack Obama's saying it's it's a woman issue. No, I don't think so.
Speaker 17: That's right, right, So he moved from one identity to the next. Yeah, you know, you're black, you should vote Democrat?
Speaker 5: How dare you? And if you don't, it's because you, you know, are a sexist there.
Speaker 17: Yeah, well you're some sort of sexist against the first Indian, the first Canadian, the first Jamaican, whatever the hell else.
Speaker 5: She is, right, that's what you're against.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 17: It's funny I write in the book and he's so tone deaf, you know, I you know, I preferred when our first black president was the white guy from Arkansas, but then Barack Obama came along and he became he became our first black president or first half black president.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 17: In the book, I actually do a tribute to Barack Obama's white grandfather. I'm not gonna I don't want to spoiler alert. I don't want to tell anyone too much about it, but you'd be surprised that the life this man led. And if you recall when Obama was running for president, he got in trouble with Jeremiah Wright. He went to Philadelphia and he backed over his white grandfather with an eighteen wheeler. So that's what he was doing there with black voters. And in the book It's Fun, there was this moment last year. He was on some podcasts nobody listens to, and he was trying to explain why black males like Trump. You want to talk about condescension, He says, well, you know they like Trump because Trump gets talked about in some of the music, and you know, everything's blinging with Trump. He's got the Plaine, he's got the beautiful women, he's got the gold plated golf courses. Now, he never occurred to Barack Obama, who's saying in the membrane that maybe black voters might like a Republican candidate like Trump because they don't want unchecked immigration in their community.
Speaker 5: They don't want schools falling apart.
Speaker 17: They don't want to pay for gas prices out the wazoo or six dollars eggs.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 17: It's all identity politics and social justice and you're being fooled. Black mails are dumb. Trump wears gold chains. They want to vote for Trump. It's insane, it really, quite literally is, and that my.
Speaker 2: I on behalf of black people, and I've got a lot of black friends, but on behalf of them. I'm always expressing just outrage over the idea that somebody, anybody can stand up there in front of a group of black people and tell them almost quite literally, that they're not smart enough to get a photo ID to vote, that asking for a photo ID to ensure that the person voting is actually the person supposed to cast the vote and not somebody else. That that is wrong and bad for America because it's racist. Come on, I was a member of the NAACP there while Christopher Smith and a local former vice mayor, was president. I love the guy and I wanted to help him. I voted, but they required me to show a photo ID. Clearly it is not a racial thing.
Speaker 3: Brother.
Speaker 5: Look, they're scared to death.
Speaker 17: They know that Kamala is underwater with Jewish voters in Pennsylvania and Muslims in Michigan, and you know Latins in Nevada and Arizona. They see black males, married black couples moving away from the Democrat Party, and they're out there bragging about their Taylor Swift endorsement. Where they and let's be honest, they already had have the miserable unmarried single white woman vote up. They already have that. They've got that locked down. They should be worrying about all these other groups that are fleeing them, Indian Americans, Asian Americans graduating from law.
Speaker 5: School and dental school.
Speaker 17: They don't want any part of this third world cultural Marxism, which is what wokeism is. Okay, it's like social justice, physical correctness, and cancel culture.
Speaker 5: They don't want it. They're moving away from them.
Speaker 2: Well, and the funniest thing about the Harris campaign is she's trying to move away from her own beliefs and philosophies. They can't win on all the stuff you just pointed to. The reason black men may be moving away from Kamala Harris Barack Obama is because of the policies and they're busy trying to whitewash the policies. No pun intended to Concidner. The name of the book is the White Privilege Album. But whitewash all of their policies and say no, no, no no, don't believe your own eyes, don't believe your own grocery bill, don't believe the current status of the economic issue. Just listen to me, and we're we're gonna do it different this time. We're gonna have an opportunity economy. I don't even know what the hell that means.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 17: And look, the reason I call it the White Privileged Album with an apology to the Beatles, is because when they use this phrase, they're talking about three things. Three things they hate, three things they want to get rid of Western civilization.
Speaker 5: They can't stand it. The middle class. For all their talk about trying to save it, they've done everything to destroy it.
Speaker 17: It's always been the sort of economic Marxist vision to make us all peasants so that they can have a ruling elite. And the third thing is the nuclear family. And look, Black Lives Matter told us they wanted to get rid of that.
Speaker 5: If they can get rid of those three things, then you know what can be can become unburdened by what has been.
Speaker 17: Okay, they can reset everything, reset the culture, reset your diet, reset government, the church, all of it, because they want to get into your life like little termites. They want to burrow in right so that they can control you. And that is not what this country was about. And so when I say white privilege, obviously trolling the left, but they think that those thing I just named are constructs of white privilege. And the reality is, if you come here legally, you could come be part of the greatest experiment in democracy's history, and you can participate in the nuclear family, in the middle class and Western civilization.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 17: So I mean, look, obviously I have some fun with it, but we can do two things at the same time. Right, we actually are a melting pot. But just because we go out, don't sink it to mayo and we drink again it's on Saint Patrick's Day and we go to yoga and we bring in different cultural things that we all like, doesn't mean we're going to throw the Magna Carta and the Bill of Rights in the trash can.
Speaker 2: Amen. My guest today, Aj Wright, author of the White Privilege album bringing racial harmony to very fine people on both sides. I presume I admittedly have not yet had a chance to read it, but I do you have a copy of my hand I'm going to dive on into it when I get home. AJ, But I presume that the word equity probably comes up in your book a few times. And when I think about the current education system in public schools where children in the eighth grade cannot read, I mean a vast majority not able to read or perform mathematical calculations on grade level, I think about them being advanced to the next level and on and on until such point where they're overwhelmed with material they do not understand. And then I think of equity, and that means that those children who didn't perform could still nonetheless be put into positions like, oh, I don't know my doctor. I don't want an equity doctor. You know what I'm saying. I don't care what color skin they have or what religion they are, and I don't want somebody who's been advanced through a dumb education system and give them a scalpel.
Speaker 17: That's right, you were supposed to amputate the other lag doctor. Yeah, look that's what they want. They want they don't want equal opportunity, they want equal outcome. Yes, so they're trying to legislate and push along equal outcomes.
Speaker 5: And you know it used to just be in the language arts. Excuse me, Now it's in mass it's in science.
Speaker 17: Things that actually have quantitative I know, you know, definition, things that one won equals two.
Speaker 7: But you know, and I talk about that even in the first chapter where if everything's racist, math is racist, science is racist, language, arts is racist, American history obviously always is going to be, then nothing is.
Speaker 5: And but that's what they're pumping into these skulls full of mush. And you know it used to be.
Speaker 17: You know, you didn't your child didn't turn into like a woke you know, you know Marxist right semester of college. Yeah, they're trying to get them in kindergarten.
Speaker 2: Oh pre k Let the indoctrination system begin pre k education for all screams of the left. That's so they can start them young. Suffer that children come unto me. Aj Rice. Awesome conversation, looking forward to diving full on into the book. The White Privileged album. My listeners can get a copy of it on my blog page fifty five KRC dot Commy made it really easy for them to do so, AJ, Rice, keep up the great work on on the Forwards by Vince Everett Elson. He's been on the program before too. He's a brilliant man and I know my listeners will enjoy reading it. Thanks for speaking truth to power, AJ, It's been a real pleasure.
Speaker 12: Sure for sure.
Speaker 5: Have a little laughs.
Speaker 17: Get out the vague right all you very fine people out there, big shout out.
Speaker 2: I love your brother, keep fighting and you, sir, been a real pleasure at A thirty nine if you five k Steve Talk Station, Joe Litten up the phone line. It's got a little of time to talk between now and the end of the hour. It is Friday, and I'm in a good mood. I hope you are as well.
Speaker 6: Be right back, fifty five KRC.