Speaker 1: My name is Jose Flores. All the guys call me Holzer. I'm here for on robbery and extortion with multiple enhancements, gun enhancements, gang enhancements, and I started with eighty six years to life. Basically, if you've got a case that carries ten years, they can add another ten for a gun enhancement, life for a gang enhancement, and then they double you up because of a strike. You're looking at sixty seventy years on a case that normally carries ten years.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 1: Usually what I hope for when I come to breakfast is that we have cinnamon rolls. That's what we have today, cinnamon rolls.
Speaker 3: Yes, hey, overall the food here is two out of seven is good.
Speaker 1: So now the gate's opening. We're about to go into education and go time Florida thirty seven. No monica, missus O'Brien clerk. Oh yes, okay, well sorry, how good one you do? This is our classroom. If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning right. And which is very encouraging because when I was in school, I wouldn't raise my hand or I you know, hide and hope they wouldn't call on me because I was scared to give the wrong answer and be made fun of. You know guy's thing, Oh he's stupid, you know. So I wish I would have had an environment like this when I was going to school.
Speaker 4: Education is the best way for them to transform their lives. They need to have something to focus on to reshape and rebuild their lives. And that is why I chose mister Flores. He has been a very positive inclusion in my class, and my students are truly inspired by mister Flores.
Speaker 1: She gave me that second chance and her first chance actually, and so I'm very thankful for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I want you to go to Building one to client fork and then distribute the package.
Speaker 1: I'm the teacher, assistant, tutor mentor. For me, it's my way of paying back what I've done wrong. You know, our victims is not just the people we harm directly and their families. It's the communities. It's even the taxpayers who have to pay for us to be here. So for me to ask to be paid, I feel like, you know, I'm just I can't do it. This is every day, you know. For me, it feels like it just feels positive, it feels productive, like everybody out here is on their way to do some kind of a job or assignment. You know, you know, I never had a job when I was out there. I never had responsibilities. I never paid bills. I never did nothing that gave me structure. I have to wake up in the mornings, be ready, come here, and I have discipline now. I have structure now, and that in itself is valuable. And I think all of us, every guy you see here, they take their job serious. So, m oh, you're late. You're gonna be in trouble. How you doing? He came from Pelican Bay. Also, he's been programming. You know what's funny is And when I was in Pelican Bay, right, these guys are like die hard you know, hardcore officers there, right, And you just see their attitude over there. All the officers are always just miserable and mad. Right, And I'm thinking, I dude, you get to go home every day.
Speaker 2: You can do anything you.
Speaker 1: Want every day. RYI to stay, go here, go hit a strip joint, whatever you want.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: You can even call in and say hey, I quit and go on vacation for a year. Right, And they're miserable. You see us who've been in cages for decades and got life sentences and were like happier than them, Like dude, you know. So that's when I say, man, you see so many people out there who technically are physically free, but they're mentally in jail, right, because you see.
Speaker 5: You don't have to be in jail a lot to go mentally are jail.
Speaker 1: That's what you make of it.
Speaker 5: You're doing your time in terms of you you know.
Speaker 1: Oh, myself, I don't look at it as a prison. So I look at that as my as my study, my office, right, living in a college campus. That's all what you make of it, right, It's perspective. It's like, uh, look at a five block how many lifers and outwops got it out?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I said, how do you think they got out? Because they changed the system, they changed the course, they changed the judges, the officers, the teachers, or they changed themselves. Man's that's a fact. Like as saying earlier, life is ten percent what happens to me ninety percent how I react to it.
Speaker 6: I can see where you're at compre to others.
Speaker 7: Oh, you know when we never got.
Speaker 8: A chance to talk before. No, I just see you passing by, Oh, yeah, and I never got a chance to really talk to you.
Speaker 1: OK, thank you, Matt. Mom and dad came here from Mexico. They worked in different factories that would constantly get raided. There was days they we didn't have money, you know, no food or no hot water or power in our home. Throughout elllementary, I was I was always bullied. I felt like stupid, worthless, and just I gave up on myself right like I hated school, hated life. I hated myself. When I got to junior in high school, I joined a gang so I wouldn't be bullied anymore. And it worked. The bullying stopped. But then at thirteen years old, I went to juvenile hall and I've been in and out of the system ever since, you know, up until getting into college. It's like everything's changed. Right, Hopefully people see what this can do, what it's doing. I just want this smile. You're on camera. We come in, I got some assignments for some of the students. We're entering one block. So now now we're in prison. So this is how the regular buildings are and as you could tell, all the doors are closed. All the guys are in prison. So we're gonna see Androtti right here at one thirty nine. What's up bart Man?
Speaker 2: How you doing?
Speaker 1: Man? What are you up to?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Good? Good? Did you read this thing from Ms Monica? Actually you got a couple of minutes. Sure, I'm gonna see if we can pop you out real quick. I didn't bring my laptop, but I wanted to go over with you for what I got to do for doctor Wong. Okay, so let me see it's part that can uh get on drive it for two minutes. Most officers when they when I come, they know that I work in education, so when I need to speak to somebody, they know it's like legitimate. They're actually very supportive of our growth, you know, our transformation. It depends on us too. If we mess it up, then we mess it up. You lose that credibility, You lose that trust. You got to keep that that communication and trust. Are doing art. This is our that's all our on draughting. He's doing a master's. He's got two more courses three a few more to get his masters for a business.
Speaker 8: So we're discussing with doctor Wong's class communication forty three forty exactly. You're on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's thank you, man, so we can apply those consols. That's perfect. Yes, yes, yes, he reconvene in the morning. Thank you, art, thank you. He's guys are a lot younger, their minds are a lot sharper. Hey, they're schooling me, man. I wouldn't be getting through without them.
Speaker 8: Now that younger generations are teaching the elders, you know, the teacher can become the student going forward.
Speaker 1: I'm excited. He's that tangible example and excutting.
Speaker 8: A lot of a lot of hope to a lot of people. They're all talking about the CALC program now. Before it was kind of like an obscure topic. So now he's making it more tangible. So that's how I see it's.
Speaker 1: And that's what I want to do. Man, that's what he's doing.
Speaker 8: He's making people, making people ask questions.
Speaker 1: I'll see okay, I'll see you. I didn't think I was going to live past eighteen. I was attending a lot of funerals. A lot of my friends were dying young, and I thought, you know what, when I'm laying in the coffin, I want to have the gang on my face, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean.
Speaker 1: I thought it would look cool. I had romanticized the whole idea of how I wanted my funeral to be. Instead of planning all a high school graduate or what college or what career they want to have, we're planning our funerals. The goal, like I said, it's always make it out the hood.
Speaker 2: Make it out the hood.
Speaker 1: That's always the goal. You know, why don't we make the goal. Let's change the hood. Let's fix the hood, you know, That's what I want to do. We make it out, and then what we leave all these people behind and then they come into these systems and do life sentences and go through all this. No, I want to change that. I want to prevent that. I care about them. That's my people, and I will always tell them, hey, I am you.
Speaker 2: I am you.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you a secret. Man. I forget that I have these tattoos, right like, I've had them for over twenty some years, so I forget I have them up until when I look in the mirror it's like, oh crap, right. But I think a lot of it, no matter how one looks, has to do with your personality as well, Because even when I was on the streets, I'd be at the supermarket standing in line to pay for stuff, and like there's families, they are little kids, and even their friendly towards me, like hey, what's up, you know, like you they were like all scared, like oh my goodness. Right, So I think I think our ara has a lot to do with it, Like just the vibes, you know, they don't bother me much no more. I just figured, Okay, I got to prove myself. So you know, even if I didn't have the tattoos, at the end of the day, just my rap sheet alone, felonies and everything else, that's that's a that's a problem. You know, you're trying and go hire, get hired for a job, Your rap sheets a problem. Tattoos are no tattoos are you try and get housing? Having a felony on your record is a problem. Control two block. I went to a parole consultation hearing. The commissioner told me, with your history, your rap sheet and the way you look, you're the last person that whatever get out, should ever get out or could ever get out. And when you get out, you're a testament for others. It's the same one you've already done. And I've been thinking about that ever since. That's why I want to go for that Masters and that PhD just be ready Monday. Just show the guys. Hey, dude, you know, like I said, be the change you wish to see. I say we go to five earlier that we're just the day was just beginning, but right now it should be more active. Here we go a fine block. Look at the difference from this building right you look around, All the cell doors are open as opposed to the other blocks we just went into. So that's the privilege of being in this block. Here, it's just a whole different vibe. Man, everybody here is doing something. I realized that that's the privilege I earned tink about what eighteen years to earn it, but I got it. Christian, what's up man? Here's one of my mentors. Remember I was mentioning how I don't know how to work a laptop. I didn't know how to do none of that.
Speaker 2: This is who.
Speaker 1: Somebody else has got called suitable. Let's go see. Okay, I hear clapping. Let's see what happened? Oh is that Edwin?
Speaker 5: Edwin?
Speaker 2: That's why?
Speaker 1: And when coom here man, he just got felt suitable right now.
Speaker 5: Less than an hour ago.
Speaker 1: That timing to get let me catch you.
Speaker 9: I wouldn't be able to do this without any other guys here, you know. And that's what I'm appreciated about this and this journey that I'm in because I know I haven't done it by myself. And I'm grateful for everything that i have here and all the opportunities that I've been offered at this institution, at this family that i have here.
Speaker 1: So I'm thankful, Thank you. Man Hey, I got my arm around him. I could feel his heart beating right here out of his shoulder. I lie, I feel it.
Speaker 10: So by first week of April, I'll be home my wife and son, and for me, my next step is to give away what I have learned through this process of change and this process of transformation to the next man, know, in order for them to find out pathway. If I could change one person, I mean, that would be my purpose.
Speaker 1: Oh, you are purpose. We ain't capture no moments like this in the other blocks. That's the difference in this block where we had Jack oh wait wait, wait, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, before we even do that, come here Jack. Jack finally is the one that got me in here. He had at walk Life without the possibility of parole. He's supposed to die in one of these cages, right, thirty nine years. He just got paroled. He's got found suitable after thirty nine years. Jack, take it away, man, this.
Speaker 11: Isn't the first thing they tell you. When you have life without it, you're here to die.
Speaker 1: Does serves as.
Speaker 11: Much time as possible and then die. I was used to the chaos and the madness and all that. But then when we got here, they're like, it didn't matter if I had life without it was like, you get a chance now. We don't care what your sentence was, man, all we want to know is what are you willing to do now? And that's when I started participating and watching all the dogs. I mean they brought they brought dogs into a prison, you know, and we were like, I hadn't touched the dog in more than thirty years. For the first time in decades, man, I could actually feel something good now. In prison, you're taught when you hate, you get angry, all the all the negative things. When you're around a dog, you know. I had a puppy climb into my lap and it was like different. It was like I get to feel again for the first time since I was a child. Man, I like fell in love with something. You know, you don't do that in prison. I was finally had a chance to do something to give back. These dogs are going to a family now, you know, and they're writing us and telling us how much they love their dogs. We're doing something right now. Well, then other people notice, then the warden notice, then Sacramento notice, then the Governor's office notice, you know. And then one day they called me over and they said, man, look, you know, we're interviewing you for a possible commutation. Less than a year later, they called me back over and said, we're going to commute your sense from life without to life with and if the board approves you, you can go home. And now, after thirty nine years in prison, I'm gonna get to go home.
Speaker 1: Look at the stories we're catching here. As soon as we walked in, we see one guy because he just got found suitable. We got this guy thirty nine years to lad You see the dot.
Speaker 11: I mean, we have eleven people in this program with paroles waiting to go home right now. We have a reciticism rate in the program of SERRA. We've had approximately ninety to one hundred different people that have had earned paroles in this program. None of them have come back.
Speaker 2: None.
Speaker 11: Thirty three people have had their senses commuted, they've all gone home. None of them have come back.
Speaker 1: And then we got a bunch of cow State LA students that have been commuted and out. So that just shows you what's going on at this facility. Dude, we can make a strong argument here for doing this in more of the prisons. Then we got this guy.
Speaker 11: This is Anthony Sneath. Anthony Sneed's been in prison for what thirty years?
Speaker 1: Thirty four years.
Speaker 11: Once you tell us about Ramble and what you're doing.
Speaker 12: If you can see Ramboy, the poor bloody German shepherd. He he's the prettiest dog in the program. He's adopted already, He's on his sixth week and he leaves next week.
Speaker 1: Rambod coming out out.
Speaker 12: Good boy down.
Speaker 1: Sick, Yes, good boy.
Speaker 12: Some of these dogs is runaway dogs. They're picked up off the street and when they adopt these dogs, they have a couple of choices. One of the choices to take the dog going with it or send them to us for six extra weeks for the dogs can be trained in that six weeks period we trained the dog a number of commands and that's six weeks. The owners come pick them up from the past for life shelter. But other than that, yeah, they come from the shelter if we save them. But I think the dogs save us. I don't really believe we saved the dog. For the most part.
Speaker 1: The dogs may save us, you know.
Speaker 12: And I'm just happy to be part of the program because it saved my life.
Speaker 13: So one of the things that we have here up on the board, it's something that I like to call the vision board. These are all men who are sentenced to life without the possibility of parole, who were sentenced to die in prison, who have since been released or out there doing fantastic things. I mean, these are guys that I literally went to child with, hang out here, trained dogs together. This board is so inspiring because it's something that's tangible, it's real. It lets me know, like I can go home, we can go home. It's about the decisions I make, It's about who I want to be up in here, and it's just amazing to see some of these guys out there man and with their kids and their families and just living a productive life.
Speaker 2: This is the evidence.
Speaker 13: This is the proof that it exists, man, and it's possible. And I'm just I'm inspired by this.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 13: I come in here every single day and I just like to look at this board.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna give you guys a churm. Myself my work office actually, so this is myself. It's pretty plain. Books. Books, That's where I hang my clothes. That's the only photo I have up is my mom, my dad, and my brother, all three of them that they all passed away from COVID. Usually the guys come and borrow books, so they're all real good. I read, uh, just for the day every day, just mercy the deepest Well. This is Nadine Burke Harris about adverse childhood experiences. That's how I learned the the problems I had, how we show up verbaltudo the sentences that create us. And I even have uh kids books. I I like to read to my nephews and nieces over the phone and right along with Rampage, it's the l A Rams and Ben and Emma's big hit. It's actually by Governor News and uh it's about dyslexia, kids with dyslexia, and I actually got this cause I A, I actually have some s some form of dyslexia. I I didn't even know it. Also got some photos. This was me and my daughter. This was twenty seventeen Pelican Bay was a graduation and this was actually taken four days before I got busted. I was up to no good. You could tell my I'm wearing a leather jacket. You see the pocket hanging right there, all bulging, all heavy. I had two guns in there and a few extra clips. Right, I mean that's who I was. I can't I can't deny it. Eddie here, how are you doing so? Mcreter Man?
Speaker 2: How many? How much? I mean you have?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 5: I had a fourteen A life savings and I did a total twenty two years.
Speaker 1: So far on that sense, tell him Tell who just got found suitable recently.
Speaker 5: Edwin or myself. Yeah, so I got found suitable early in November. So all works out the way. It's supposed to all be home in March on the next year, and none of us want to be in prison forever for the rest of our lives. The game members, criminals, people, I heard others right, and give you the opportunity. We are gonna make good on those opportunities right and do positive things. And I think that's what you're seeing today is getting a little glimpse of what that looks like when people are giving an opportunity to have education right.
Speaker 1: Nobody can say it can't be done because we're seeing it. We're gonna go back to Ms. Monica's I'll Sing.
Speaker 5: You Thank You Guys.
Speaker 1: Video. All these guys here have earned their way here because they've been positively programming. They've done college or basically completed all the other courses that the other prisons had to offer. And once you complete everything other prisons have to offer, well, you know, we gotta send you somewhere where there's more, and this is that facility. Usually I go back and take a shower, but I burned back this morning, so I'm set. We're gonna sad back to the art world. Nice. Hey, this is Robert Robert Lopez. He also came from Palaquan Bay, right and like now, he makes glasses. He said, all donated glasses.
Speaker 14: People from out there donated, and through this organization, we refobus these glasses, check the prescription and after we're done, we can we box them up, send them back to them and they will distribute them to throbo countries, to people that cannot afford glasses. And that's basically the work we do here. Us in here have very few opportunities to actually do something for people out there. We all wrong people out there and her society, and this is one way for us to kind of give back. And it means a lot to us that we can actually help some people, see like, it's it's very important.
Speaker 1: That's another one of the other reasons this facility is special. Let's see, Travis, what's up many? What are you working on here?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 15: Some butterfly stuff, So I'm some girly for the fans.
Speaker 1: Okay, how long are you been working on that?
Speaker 15: I just started it yesterday actually, So this is healing through arts. We have at any given time fifteen or sixteen resident artists. Carlos Tercero over here is our recently found suitable member of healing through art. So unfortunately for us, he'll be leaving too.
Speaker 16: Yes in English and Spanish, little matter all right, nos doing. I served fourteen years from the twenty years to life sentence for kidnapping in karjacking, and I joined these are programming August of twenty thirteen. When I joined this, I didn't know how to paint. From there, I use dedicated my time, energy and dreams to learning this skill and paintings.
Speaker 1: It's been healing for me.
Speaker 16: Therapeutic also has been away for me to support myself financially, I put on my restitution and also through some of my paintings that I donated.
Speaker 17: I.
Speaker 16: Contribute to organizations out there and something that I learned to use to express my emotions such as anger, frustrations, and fear, and also to speak about the difficult chapters in my life trauma, you know, sexual abuse, bowling, belittle man, domestic violence and by me talking about this is very shameful subjects helps me to proclaim myself and also connect to my humanity and hopefully open away for other people who are afraid to touch those subjects to connect and empathize and see that there's a way to reclaim yourself, to accept that those things happen, but overcome them in a way that you know that they don't have no more power over you. Life is just one weight ticket. You don't get second chances. So to me, it's like I don't have time to waste time not just for me, but for nobody else.
Speaker 10: This is some of my words.
Speaker 16: It is about to me saying knowledge is the key to the universe. This one is a mixed media painting, and basically this is about life without the possibility of parole.
Speaker 1: To me.
Speaker 16: Once we're wearing blues, this is the personal uniform. You're no longer a human, You're just a number, a body.
Speaker 1: That's very creative. We got like five minutes to class for college, so I guess we got to take off. I didn't realize we were in here that long. Thank you everybody, and we'll see you guys again. Yes, we're actually a couple of minutes late. But he won't mind. He's always in a good mood. He's everybody's favorite.
Speaker 15: That's the last if I knew it was here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you brought your radio on that right on. Oh, this is our professor, doctor Afari, Camera Afari. I already I already told him that you're our favorite. So this is like the best course I've had yet because we're learning about healing and every one of us from our in here has been through some form of trauma or another. And this is what really when you come to prison. I think you look at a lot of the guys and you think that they don't need punishment, they need healing, you know, And we're finally getting that.
Speaker 18: We're actually going to do a warm up exercise today.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna.
Speaker 19: Exclosure to lead a warm up exercise as well.
Speaker 1: No, no, okay, where's k at? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know how they go.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna mess it up. Okay, you gotta you gotta lead the exercises for the kick it out, any of them. No, we want you to do taxis one. That way we can get our vocal warm ups ready, we got to and then we'll do and then I'll do fun I just yell out taxi in different tones and everybody repeats it, right. But we'll do the location one. That one's cooler. So I'm in Mexico.
Speaker 18: In Mexico.
Speaker 1: Hey, dot see this, this is he's the toxi ya.
Speaker 16: Hey, okay, ok New York.
Speaker 1: Hey, your taxi, Peter h in the valley.
Speaker 20: A taxi, Uh Christian that will be uh brizil.
Speaker 2: Tatis.
Speaker 1: Let's go with MARKL. Caliday time here taxi.
Speaker 20: Check it out, Check it out, check it out.
Speaker 12: Edward wife is from the count stay la getting now.
Speaker 1: So after that, anything else we do can't be sillier than that.
Speaker 5: So we're good to God, God, God.
Speaker 1: This is the same energy we have every class. So right now what we're doing is each chapter is a different concept and we have to like explain how the concept works and through like play performance. Everybody.
Speaker 6: Hey, my name is Edwin, my name is Gussie.
Speaker 21: This chapter is on hip hopa saving sitting in the nine by six bucks, no metal doors, just automatic balls and concrete walls, living in the system where we constantly put down, so it's hard to stand tall. Plus I'm surrounded by negative influences, drug addicts and cowards.
Speaker 6: Coward we expect it to strive like that.
Speaker 21: Animals all we think about it survived.
Speaker 6: Damn, how did I get here?
Speaker 21: I'm todler, recip patience standis being wasted. It's so hard to move ahead when we're blinded by hatred. Get the parole forward expects and demands me to persevere. Believe me, my desires of rehabilitation are real, for realistic expectations to manish my hope, misplaced loyalty and dreams. Just start up by don't broken promises.
Speaker 1: So this shit is agive me.
Speaker 21: So when I hear politicians speak, I hope that they choke.
Speaker 6: It's whole situation so real. So every day I pinched myself to remolous real, there's an experience there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna say, it's not really a question more of I want to comment on that. I related to everything you're saying. We're all in here, so we're going through the same struggle, and often since we don't talk about our issues, you know, we don't hear other people say they're going through the same thing or that. Sometimes we feel like, damn, it's just me. It's just me, it's just me. But when you hear that, it's like, hey, it's not just me. Other people and other people relate to it and it helps us.
Speaker 19: I've been working with Hotel now for about a year. Takes the whole process of redemption very seriously. You know, it's not a he's not braggadocias you know about what he's doing. He's actually, you know, super humble and at the same time in a way aware of some of the harm that he had done in the past, and also very aware that the importance of this kind of work of resignifying your identity in a new way. They come to this work with a great hunger for ideas.
Speaker 1: There's no way of being combrasas we know.
Speaker 18: It's a therapy. I think these guys are getting a second chance where they're able to bring in both some of their personal experiences of trauma, but also some goals, some visions that they have for or a different kind of future, and so they take very seriously. And I think I think that book makes uh the education experience in the prison so unique and so powerful.
Speaker 7: And I mean, at one point, I never thought I was even gonna take any college courses. I tried to drop out of eighth grade. And now I've done stuff that I didn't believe I could do. I've definitely changed the narrative and I'm surrounded by people that.
Speaker 1: Pushed me to do it. Every day.
Speaker 11: We work together on a daily basis towards the same common goal. That's something that por to coming here was was unheard of.
Speaker 1: Class is over, so now we just head back home Afari. See you next Friday. Okay An.
Speaker 5: I want to say thank you for uh, you know, sharing the day with us being here and UH shout out to my family.
Speaker 1: Love you got and when all right, man, would you like to share anything?
Speaker 13: No matter what your situation is, they're always assisting off the land, secret, find it, pursue it like you're wealthy and it is very important.
Speaker 21: And you don't matter to everybody out there.
Speaker 13: And a pike shut out to my family.
Speaker 20: That's well.
Speaker 2: I love you guys, Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: Mark. All right man, anything you'd like to say to people out there, last words or something encouraging of the community.
Speaker 14: Yeah, definitely, definitely never give up and keep God first.
Speaker 5: You know with that you can go along ways.
Speaker 13: God blast.
Speaker 12: You gotta keep pushing the way we're doing, man, keep doing everything that we're doing.
Speaker 1: And this is alreays on de track like to say, I to my mom and my loved ones, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you man. This is probably the best day my life.
Speaker 17: I say this because what we were able to do today tour to the prison and see all the stuff that everybody's doing, and we're gonna be able to show this to the people out there in society.
Speaker 1: It's going to change so many people's perspectives. Who knows what the ripple effect from that will be, right, I mean, you know who would believe this. Who wouldn't call this something great? What we're doing right now, right, well, we're going to be able to show the world, right, this is it. We're home, it's eight o'clock, so off to bed. What would I tell the younger.
Speaker 14: Me that.
Speaker 1: I man, stay in school, don't join a gang. I wouldn't say that.
Speaker 2: I probably sting.
Speaker 1: There's gonna be hard times, but it's gonna be okay, we're gonna get through it, right, because I got through it. There was so many times that I wanted to give up. I'm not gonna lie right, you know. There was times I literally thought, you know, damn, suicide is probably a better thought, right, a better option.
Speaker 17: Right.
Speaker 1: I went through times that were that was a thought, you know, And obviously I'm glad I never chose that, right because I wouldn't be here and the plans I have now what I want to do now, and you know, just change the world, right, be a role model and inspire others. I would just say to my younger self, hang in there and ask for help if you need help. You're going through tough times, talk to people, talk to people who care about you. There's people who care about us, you know, a teacher, a coach, anybody who you trust, you know, talk to them. That's what I wish I would have done. It's never too late to realize what's important and fight for it. Look at me, I'm like the oldest one in my class, and it's like, why should I bother doing this? Why should I still you know, finish college or even want to go after a master's and a PhD by that time. By the time I'm done, I'm going to be like fifty years old, right, But it doesn't matter. I can be a role model and inspire others to do the same, and that'll leave a legacy behind, right, And that's what I want to do, is leave a positive legacy. Dream big if if your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough. And my dream scared the ship out of me. Thank you for everything.
Speaker 2: Good Night's just.
Speaker 1: Please so.
Speaker 2: This time doing?
Speaker 1: Maybe that's day there is Moby are about the true? Why not when you're not the boar feen f h