Speaker 1: Juicys Hot God, every stay on top in the Woodshove.
Speaker 2: Have you guys ever heard of the musician Gavin Adcock.
Speaker 3: No, no, I have not.
Speaker 4: Oh from the BC Boys, King ad Cock, different guy, oh.
Speaker 2: And h Gavin Adcock clearly is more like Gavin subtrack Cock from Our Life, right because we don't really know who he is.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that was great math.
Speaker 2: He's twenty six, He's a country music singer. He does have a Wikipedia page, so, uh, you know that's probably good man.
Speaker 3: I think we have a Wikipedia page. I would be curious.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, if there's there's probably a lot of hardcore or people listening who do listen to country music who are aware of this fella. I just never heard of him. I'm not following the beat that closely though. Here he is at a show, and uh, I think the backstory here is that Beyonce won Best Country Album last year for Cowboy Carter and it has upset a lot of people in the country music industry.
Speaker 3: And here is him and his concert.
Speaker 5: I'm on the app Music Country charts and one of them is Beyonce.
Speaker 3: You can tell that we're coming for.
Speaker 5: Country music in every band country I know whoop.
Speaker 3: About to play all some southern rock y'all hit that. Wait, you're gonna play southern rock?
Speaker 6: You're complaining of her? Or not make the country music. This is just a clan rally. And here's how you know. Uh no, no, no, uh. There's lots of people you know that love country music and can talk about the history of country music and what's been coming out of Nashville for the last fifteen years, Ain't that Nope? And so much so that it was effortless, I mean effortless for the biggest star in the world to go from country to shake him off. So the whole point is that this has nothing to do with music. This just has to do with a bitter white man that doesn't like black people doing well. Because he could have gone on stage and said that about any number of white people out of Nashville for the last decade and a half, and maybe he has.
Speaker 3: This is the only time.
Speaker 6: I've ever heard of Gavin Adcock much less hurt his drunken hillbilly voice. But this has been a comp I mean your folks, for example, Christina, they grew up and I know your folks, he grew up liking certain country music and then it changed. And then I have a friend that I used to hire to do production music work that was a heavy metal guitar player. He moved to Nashville and started working on Nashville Country because it was easy because of the sound of it and how pop it became. So this is about nothing but a guy, not this is about a guy hating on a very successful black lady.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was.
Speaker 4: I mean again, maybe I'm projecting, but there seem to be racist overtones there where it's like, why why like play it again?
Speaker 3: Let's can you start it and stop it too?
Speaker 1: Turn on the app music country charts and one of them is Beyonce.
Speaker 3: You can tell her coming from our stuff.
Speaker 4: We're coming for her for what reason? That part sounds like they're going to show her. Yeah, man, hey, they're going to put her in her place. That makes me real uncomfortable. For what reason? It was a great album. It's country music, So so you're angry with her for what? That's the big missy. Okay, keep that gull on. That's that's the classic we don't like your kind around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she's killing his ass in the charts right that country music and bad country. Okay, stop it.
Speaker 4: Ain't country music, and it ain't never been country music. What what does that mean? So if an African American person makes country music, it's not country music.
Speaker 3: What what are you really saying? It's really easy to think that's what he's saying. Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's about to gear up and go into some southern rock, right yeah okay.
Speaker 5: But also she's got a song with post Malone. Post Malone has a country album that just came out, and.
Speaker 6: This is about a guy being upset that a successful black woman did something in his field.
Speaker 3: Were about to play all some southern rock.
Speaker 4: That's not country music either, but again it's a reference to the South.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, did he drive there? In the general league? You know, it's like, what, by the way, she's from Houston.
Speaker 2: This guy's the guy who's got a song title we Love Football.
Speaker 3: Okay, I might be in on this guy.
Speaker 2: He's got a song title Tore Me Up, which is about a burrito. Apparently his most popular song is called run your Mouth.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, So he's just promoting that. See when I first Suggarette, when I saw this headline, I was like, he's just doing this to you know, like the yes like the damn it we classic wrestler bit, Yeah, we fell for it.
Speaker 3: Oh he's the heel. Yeah, we should not have put that on. We fell for it.
Speaker 4: I think he's pandering because he thinks that to that crowd that's there to see his show, that that that they want to hear.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: That's just ugly to me. What has been the reaction?
Speaker 6: I think people are going, who, okay, how's his album Hillbillies and Hoods doing?
Speaker 3: Oh my god? Staring through these holes? All right?
Speaker 4: Coming up next, so we crank up the wayback machine.
Speaker 3: What crime did I commit on the radio?
Speaker 4: Well, I guess I'll find out in a matter if three or four minutes don't go anywhere.
Speaker 3: That's next