Speaker 1: You're listening to the sound of my voice right now just to irritate other people in line. Are you guys really standing out in front of a Walmart or yeah, excuse me, a best Buy right now for a video game thing? I never, dude, I feel so lost in the uh, in the realm of this stuff, like it just used to be. I knew when a bunch of people were gonna go camp in a parking lot, maybe even beat each other up for something. You know, I like to do iPhone release or whatever. That used to be a zoo of course, you know, uh Black Friday deals, that's when you got the meles usually. I just I just don't I dared to have the Nintendo Switch on my radar. I know nothing. I shouldn't say I know nothing about it. I've seen some articles where people are evaluating because I guess this is the second one. Listen to me, that's all like, that's not like I get off your long, guy. I know this is a I've never touched a Nintendo switch, so I don't even know what it does. I mean, I know that if you play games on it, you can play it in handheld. I guess you can hook it up to your TV, right, so ross you have to help it. You can hook it up to a TV and then get like big.
Speaker 2: Screen, right, yeah, you put it in the dock.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, but the graphics are it's not a graphics cell because it's a Nintendo product, right, so my opinion, Yeah, okay, so it's about the games. I did see an article where some people were doing side by side graphics and they didn't sound please, But it's about some exclusive games or something.
Speaker 2: It has a bigger screen. I think it has like more memory. There's other things that can attach to it. But you know my feelings and the Nintendo switch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Well, I'm not saying that anyone has to like it. I'm just trying to understand. I'm trying to understand what is it And I guess it would have to be exclusive games and nostalgia, right, why why else would you stay? Well? I actually I shouldn't say that for people standing out, for some of them are probably just going to try to flip it a sap on the internet. I just want to know what the appeal of that particular game system is two people, even if it's not to you, it's the power Mario Man it's power Mario. Okay, maybe if you don't buy one, Nintenda will sue you. I know they like to sue people.
Speaker 2: I told Lincoln, I'm like, we're not getting one. I've looked at it, and I'm like, I don't. I think it's like a, I don't know the upgrade. Isn't that impressive you had you have the first one? Oh of course?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I don't know these things. Maybe Stephen can't can help me.
Speaker 2: And I know I sort of feel like even Lincoln at this point is sort of aged out of the Switch and he's thirteen.
Speaker 1: I remember I told Ross because I have a Wii. I don't remember how I acquired the Wii at a Wii and he's in. Ross's response was like, oh that's adorable or something. It was very like, it was very.
Speaker 2: Uh, listen, if you enjoy it for you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's that's the vibe I got there. So but whatever, man, I've played a little swingy golf thing.
Speaker 2: But Lincoln's like, can I play Dark Souls three on it? And can I play Fallout four on it? And I'm like, I don't. I think maybe Fallout four is come into the switch. But I think that would be a leap. I don't know if that's even possible because it's bethesta so I don't have no idea, but if.
Speaker 1: You can't ever get one. You ever camped out for anything?
Speaker 2: But last time I camped out for anything video game related it was forever ago. I think it was. This is back when you would go to GameStop for the for the launches, like the midnight launch, and it was for Fallout New Vegas. So that was like over twenty years ago. Some im I that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I realized I've never camped out for anything.
Speaker 2: And it wasn't even like a camp out because I would get off work at midnight, so I left a little early. I voicetracked and I left at like eleven fifty And the game stop is right down the street here from the radio station in Raleigh on Capitol, So I was.
Speaker 1: Oh, you camped at that one.
Speaker 2: I didn't even camp. I just left work.
Speaker 1: How are you alive?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a different time, dude, It was a different time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no way I'm sitting in that parking lot at three in the morning.
Speaker 2: And I just got there and I was like, well, I guess I'm picking up the game now, so it was something to play when I get home. Okay, all right, it was I got into camp for days, you know. No, yeah, I'm talking. I'm talking to these you know, the brand new iPhone right.
Speaker 1: Back in the day. Never, right, that kind of that level of camping. Yeah, I just never. I mean I camped a lot, but not for products. So and and the Black Friday stuff was never going to happen. Ever, I don't I don't go into a store on Black Friday if it can be helped. I don't want to go near anything where anyone sells anything.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like we were talking the other day about those videos that come out around Christmas, and I've posted them before in the past and my social accounts where you know, it's the camp quarter that was set up in the mall and like thee yeah, and it's so cool and you're like, oh man, it was such a great time, and you see the decorations and the fashion and how people are behaving, and you're like, this is great. But then when you really think about it, you're like, I don't want to go to them all and shop in the horror.
Speaker 1: It's awesome people. Yeah, right, No, parking, and then if I do, probably get a fight over it in the parking that no, thank you. Don't want that, all right? So happy sitting at the best But I don't even know what time the best Buy opens. They open a little early this morning. I don't know what is this? Uh oh, Boston, Paul Lincoln is thirteen. Holy crap, where does time go? I know, Boston, Paul, do you have the Joe Biden. Oh? Oh, Boston Paul's got the Joe Biden. All right, we'll send you some flash cards over. They'll just say sit and drink.
Speaker 2: I've said this numerous times.
Speaker 1: Very easy.
Speaker 2: So scientists are so focused on, you know, fixing this or fixing that. I think what they should really focus on, if they were being if the scientists are serious people, which obviously they're not, is they need to focus on how to stop chronological time and progressing. That's what I mean.
Speaker 1: So you need that the like the remote that Adam Sandler had.
Speaker 2: In clar No, I know, I don't want it. I don't want time. Listen. I like the day and night cycle. I'm a fan of that, but I don't like getting older, and I don't like time progressing. So just stop it, just stop. Focus on the fountain of youth or adrenochrome, right, is that the I don't know, man, I've heard that's problematic.
Speaker 1: Oh is it? I don't know. What's the stuff where you just it deages you from like, uh, what was the what was the movie with the seventies show chick a Jupiter Ascending? Wasn't that kind of the thing there in that movie? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I never saw that they I.
Speaker 1: Think, but I think that basically they would harvest human life force and then I don't know, bathe in it or something. But yeah, so you want that, you realize to acquire that skill where one could essentially reverse chronologic like everything kept trucking along, but you just bathe in it, and then you'd get younger. They had to have planet gardens like Earth, and then they would harvest everybody and murder the entire planet like Oldron, and then you could use the life force of all the people you just harvested, and and then you would accomplish that.
Speaker 2: So I think you're thinking too much into this. What I'm saying is getting old sucks.
Speaker 1: No, I agree with you. I'm just I'm putting out what I understand to be the practical ways to combat it, and you got to murder a whole planet full of people. You got to go full of Vader Man. So you know, be careful what you wish for. So all right, let's see here. What is the perfect age then, right, because it's some you know you want to age. You don't want to be like the twelve year old vampire that are in some of the vampire movies. You're like, ah, that sucks. I wish like Casper the Friendly Ghost. Yeah right, so like you got I would say, right now, And it's so weird, Like I've said this for the past like five years, I feel like I'm at like the perfect age. Like I like where my family's at, I like where the finances are at. I'm enjoying my my job, my kid is great. We have another one on the way.
Speaker 2: I think it's fantastic, and it you know, you sit back and you sometimes you just got to take it in be like this is really good right now. Like I've got no complaints. I could have complaints, but I choose not to.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, now, you could be those people that are always complaining, or you could.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, life is pretty good right now. So but I'm waiting for that. Every time I like sit back and reflect upon that. I'm waiting for like the Karmik Mac truck to fly through my house, you know, just like throw everything into shambles and it's full of bees probably too, oh yeah, like forty million bees.
Speaker 1: Oh jeez, Yeah, that Karma truck just be central all right. Six fifteen coming up. We got a hug Boat update, because that's that's our new fascination around here. Also, I don't know, man, some of these activists sound super racist. And Donald Trump did the country pause thing again, which was kind of a first presidency or first turn thing that really made everyone start screaming, except he like doubled down, So we will explore what's up with that. Six sixteen hang on all right. One of our listeners he works for one of the one of the big box retailers there, but I'm like logistics, and he said, yeah, we've been planning for the switch release for months. Again, I just the thing wasn't on my radar because I just I'm not really gamer dude. But then he said, do you know what else is a really hot toy right now? Venomized iron Man. I don't even I didn't even know that existed. What is is that f from? Is that f from the upcoming movie?
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's from a movie. Sometimes they come out with these, like you know, like cross sort of characters that you can collect.
Speaker 1: Would you want to would you want an Iron Man? But Venom up in there? Personally, No, that sounds that sounds like not a good idea. But I know when it comes to the switch, like Nintendo has been pairing for this forever, like it was obviously it was gonna be sold out like weeks ago. I guess they said, I think it was like a Walmart. Yeah, I was reading that people were concerned about that, like.
Speaker 2: The placards, like the cardboard stand ups or whatever that you put in the in the window. Whatever, this is sold out they sold. They sent those to Walmart like two weeks ago or like a week ago, like they knew it was going to be sold out. So I'm not surprised by it. I just I'm more surprised that, like I paid no attention. I just I think it's our generation because we had growing up the Nintendo and when you had a Super Nintendo, it was a big difference in the graphics. Like it was very Genesis Kids. Yeah, right, Genesis, and then you went to what Nintendo sixty four and then you went to the But my point is every time you'd get a new console, the graphics would be noticeably different, so you felt like something and the memory and the size of the games would be different. And now it's happened with consoles is the same thing that's happened with phones where they come out and it's like there's not much difference, but it's kind of different, and there's not these giant leaps that we used to have. So you have like the Xbox One and then the Xbox XS and they're the same similar thing on the PlayStation and it's dumb.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, I got a I got a text message yesterday before the like literally right before the show from AT and T Who is my cell phone provider? And hang out? This is a second? Um, Hey here it is.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's I.
Speaker 1: Hi, it's AT and T Our Record Show. You paid off your iPhone, hooray, thanks for being a loyal customer. Hey, if you're interested, we get you a new iPhone Promac sixteen. Just press yes, no, no, yeah, I started getting those two no no. The only reason that I have this phone that it was even in that situation, is my other phone got stolen, right, or I'd still have I don't remember what I think that was an eleven that got stolen. The only reason that I have this is a thirteen. I think it's a thirteen. Unless this thing gets stolen or I drop it in a wood chipper, I don't.
Speaker 3: No, it's fine.
Speaker 1: Now, if you put out a phone that I don't know, floats alongside me and handles all my stuff for me, then maybe I'll maybe we can upgrade, do you know what I'm saying? But like, this is remarkably different. If this thirteen than a sixteen, You're.
Speaker 2: Like, ah, the new phone is translucent, and if you're stuck in a jungle, you can eat it for food, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, sign me up. I'm there. I'm there for it. So and I know that there, you know there there is some quote unquote AI stuff that's gonna get worked in there. But I am so convinced of my theory that that AT and T or not AT and t Apple and others have intentionally neutered the voice all the voice command stuff, right, And I read it. I read an interesting theory on this, rousselet and run it by you. Don't you think that voice to text used to work better? You know, I've never used it, Okay, all right, so if you're not a user of it, it used to work better. So if I wanted to dictate a quick message, or if I wanted to dictate the tweet that I'm going to send out, I would do that. And it worked really well for me because I speak for a living, so I and so I can dictate in pretty clear English. And I swear it's getting worse every time. And there's words in it. There's no there's no Ockham's razor on this thing. Right, I'd be writing and it's very clear what the next few words should be, and then it'll just have a word like yeah, I'll be like anyone, and then it'll it'll say ambrosia. And it's like nobody, right, nobody uses ambrosia.
Speaker 3: Shut up.
Speaker 1: And I think it's getting worse because and this is the theory people who are non native English speakers, it wasn't getting better for them, right, So, meaning if you have an accent, if you have a heavy accent, it's why. It's why even though I you know. My goal was to learn Spanish to become fluent. I'm not fluent in it, but I can. I can slowly cobble together sentences in Spanish, but I can't dictate Spanish to text. Okay, right, I've tried it. I can't do it, and it's because my pronunciation is just not there. So like I can just see some DEI groups sitting around going, no, how do we it's our voice to text works well for native English speakers, but people with accents it's not working. Oh well, why don't you go ahead and newterter what we have out there? I don't know how to analyze this. Have you ever had to have a meeting at the school with Lincoln's teacher and maybe the principal or something good or bad? You ever ever had to sit down with the people at the school?
Speaker 2: You had tons of them. We have IP meetings and also behavioral meetings because Lincoln this past year. I've never mentioned this before in the air, but he started doing the autistic thing where it's like they start to run away, and it's been super stressful, Like we had to put like extra locks in the door and sensors on the windows. So what he started doing at school is he'd be in the classroom and he would just bolt and he would run out of the school and he would run across Rogers Road through traffic to try to get to like the Chick fil A or to come home, and in his head he was playing a game or like reading a book or going through a movie. So there's been several times where we have had to go in the middle of the day and it's terrifying. It's absolutely terrifying because you drop your kid off and it's nothing against them at the school. They've done a great job. They're fantastic. His teachers are great. The administration has been amazingly supportive. They're great, nothing bad to say about it. But it's terrifying to think that maybe your kid might run out of the school and be hit by a car and die, because this is the thing that parents have autistic children have to go through, and it's a real, real fear. It sucks. So there's been times before where I've been at the gym or whatever and you get a call from the school and you drive there and not only is Lincoln out of the school, but he's surrounded by like police cars and cop cars, and there's a cop holding him on the ground, and there's you know, the teachers are there and we have to go back. So we have had tons of meetings involving this sort of thing and it's really scary. So to answer your question.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, I can't make the transition I was gonna make. I was gonna ask when you go to the meetings, if you beat up the principal.
Speaker 2: And the TI, I do not know where, like, thank god, our kid is alive. And unfortunately, I think that autistic.
Speaker 1: I should have previewed this question with yes, yeah, because this is something I wasn't trying to get you to talk about. That really wasn't man.
Speaker 2: No, but it's something that I've been wanting to talk about for a while because it's it's something that autistic powers special needs parents can sort of relate to. This this fear of your kid running away, where we've had to get like these tags and put him in his shoes because we're so fearful he's gonna run away. You know, it's terrifying.
Speaker 1: Principal Jennifer Schroeder at Randolph Middle School you're in North Carolina, called Maria Hector to discuss her daughter who had been fighting. So, uh, mom shows up to the school and uh, there is uh, let's see, there's the assistant superintendent and uh and the principal there, and so she goes in and uh. According to police reports, when confronted with her daughter's behavior, they suddenly figured out if it was nature versus nurture, and spoiler, it looks like it was nurture.
Speaker 2: So the kid is beating us. Somebody that calling the parent, and the parent beats up the administration correct, yes, yes. When mom showed up, the discussion got heated, and then she allegedly threw the principle against a wall and then leaped onto the assistant superintendent, who was also a woman, so three women and started choking the life out of her.
Speaker 1: That's how it's described here.
Speaker 2: So see our experience and we go is we always feel horrible because we're like, you know, we were such good kids in school, and we've had these conversations with Lincoln. He's like, how many times did mommy and daddy run away from school? And we're like, we didn't. That wasn't a thing. And we go and we when we go in front of the teachers in the administration, we're incredibly apologetic, like, right, you know, we're sorry y'all to go through this. Thank god, he's okay. You guys did a great job. So for for us, it's a little different. We know, show up and we're like, hey, I'm gonna punch you in the face.
Speaker 1: Uh well uh. It was a combination of punching and strangling strangulation as the superintendent lost consciousness. So do you do you now expel the student and like ban the parents from the premises, Like what do you do? I mean, I mean, clearly mom can't Mom. There's no way you're gonna let mom back in the school. She tried to murder the superintendent, our assistant superintendent, excuse me, allegedly the kid is doomed, right, that's it, that's your right. So where where I got it?
Speaker 4: From?
Speaker 1: Watching you? Dad? This is literally the commercial.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. The thing that really stopped Lincoln from running because he hasn't tried to run away from school for for his fingers crossed knock on wood is we had this big conversations with him, like we took it obviously, it's very serious. Oh yeah, for Lincoln, we're trying to figure out like ways to get him to stop doing this. But it's like a flight or fight response when it comes to being overwhelmed with stimulation with autistic children, like sometimes they'll have a meltdown, but sometimes they'll just run. It's a thing they'll do. They'll take off. But we've had these serious conversations where we try to explain to him when you were just saying, you know, I learned it from watching you dad. For him, he's very concerned with things being popular. He wants to know how popular things are. How popular is this console, how popular is this game, how many views does it have? For some reason, he's really laser focused on this. So we're trying to figure out how can we get him to stop doing this. And we told him we said, he asked, He said, how many times did mommy and Daddy run away from school? We said, Lincoln, we never ran away from school. Never, And you could tell he was self reflecting and thinking about it. He's like, you never did, And I said, Lincoln, running away from school is not popular. It is not something that is common. You're probably the only kid in school right now it's doing that, And he really like we We had these deep conversations with him. We tried to anyway, and we think it helped, Like we think we don't.
Speaker 1: Get I think him asking if things are popular if I just put on my yeah, I think it is just I think it's a an autistic manifestation of what teenagers cass us through their brain completely anyway, completely, you know what I'm saying. Completely, that's absolutely what a thirteen year old would look at modern any day. You know, thirteen year old is it cool? Is it not? Well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he looks friends doing and he just verbalized yes, and he does. He looks at more neurotypical children and he's like, you know, I sort of you know, I'd like to be like that or have that sort of freedom. And I want you know, is it popular? I wanted to. I want it if it's popular, because in a way, you want acceptance from the other children.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, it's it's you know, it's it's interesting. It'll be interesting to see too, because we all make that trans well, I shouldn't say we all make that transition. Some people are narcissists all the day they die. But like what was very was very uh, I don't know, it's very fulfilling. Eventually you start aging to the point where you're like, screw what's popping? Yeah, I don't want to be around people.
Speaker 2: And we've had that. We've had those conversations with them as well. We said, you know, just because you're you can enjoy something, Lincoln, if it's not popular, like he wants to play the game, I'm like, if you enjoy playing Banjo Kazeri and not everybody plays it right now, it doesn't matter if if it's popular. It matters if it brings you joy and fulfillment, right, that's what matter. And so we have these really deep, complicated conversations, or at least we attempt to with him. So him just saying and sitting back in the car, he had this moment where you could see reflection on his head, like, wow, mommy and daddy never ran away from school and you know, Mammy Daddy were really good and mommy and daddy never had a meeting with the principal. And since that moment, we have seen a change in the behavior. So, yeah, you do learn a lot from your parents, especially when you're a kid. You're like a You're like Clay, You're like a sponge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's and he's also an only well he soon to not be. But he's also an only child, right, so Yount even have the influence of brothers and sisters.
Speaker 2: But he's super excited about the older brother thing. Oh he just got a hat that says big brother on it. He's been wearing it around the house.
Speaker 1: Wait a second, so he's a fed.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, not like that. No, no, no. He's a big fan of Janis Josh. Sure, he's a big fan of Jennis Joplin.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right? Or that show. Wasn't that a show on TV for a while too?
Speaker 2: I think it's still on TV. Oh yeah, my in laws love that show. Okay, all right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had a radio guy I worked with the Minneapolis was obsessed with that show, and I'd never under He'd be like, hey, man, I want to do something. He's like, I can't Big Brothers on tonight, and I'm like, yeah.
Speaker 2: I had a friend that was like that with Survivor, which was so weird.
Speaker 1: But this is this was when TiVo's existed, that's the thing. But he'd be like, no, I can't do anything because the show, And I'm like, can't you tape it? Shu can do that? Everyone? You know, everyone had a DVR by this time, and he's just like, no, I gotta watch it live. Okay, all right, do your thing, bro, All right, oh real quick. So the mom that beat up the allegedly the administrator and the principal there said quote, I was angry because I'd been trying to prevent I'm assuming she means her daughter from fighting trying to prevent this. My daughter was jumped and her hair was pulled, and they threw a trash can on her. I came to speak to the administration, but I felt like they brushed it off and didn't take it seriously.
Speaker 2: So then I choked her.
Speaker 1: So then I choked her. Yes, correct, you're not taking me seriously. My daughter's the victim here. She doesn't even know what fighting is.
Speaker 2: Your kid seems to fly off the handle. Where does she get it from?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And all of a sudden, it's the kumite in there.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 1: Let's see charge of assault of a school employees, second degree trespassing, a couple more sult charges. I guess the school resource officer had actually it had escalated the point of the resource officer had ordered that she leave or be trespassed, and that apparently is and then I and then they left, and that's so weird. So that the the SRO had come talk to her and like, hey, you got you got to get out of here because you're acting crazy. And then I guess the SRO left and then the choking attempt allegedly. That is so weird. So any who, that's not if you get called into a kid's meeting, I would encourage you not to beat up everybody in the room. Okay, probably going to be problematic for your kids. Six forty five, hang On went into the woods with her dog Ross. But thankfully there is good news here. She did not run into a man. Okay, very here. He went into the woods, was alone in the west, had her dogs, was from quite alone. Did not run into a random man, which, as we know, is the big concern, right, don't want to run into a you surbably saw this on the internet. It's a thing that asks women, what do you want to run into a man or a bear? Right? And then what do the women say? I'd rather run into a bear. So but and then that's what she did. And and then the bear tried to eat her and now she's in critical condition. But the poor or she's now she's out of critical condition. She was in critical condition, but not a man. So she got that. She got what she wanted there because I could have been if it had been a man, could have been a lot worse. Maybe probably not so anyway, Uh, let's see the dog get hurt. No, that's in TVC story like this. That's how you then evaluate the quality of the dog. If the dog was uninjured, that says something, you know what I mean, That dog's like, hey, thanks for all the food. I'm gonna be over here. I'll bark. Don't worry over here, but I'll be over here barking. Yeah, if your dog didn't have a scar on it after you just got attacked by a bear, you need you need an upgrade on your dog. There. Man just saying, just saying, all right, let me flip over to this.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: So we got a couple couple updates on the the Boulder, Colorado bomber story. Fire bomber out of whatever they're calling him whatever. So two things. One dude made a video, a declaration video. I don't know if you call it a martyr video, but whatever. He made a declaration video and in it was very honest translated it says, Jihad is more beloved to me than my mother, wife and children. Allah is greater than the Zionists in America. I don't think this dude was hiding his thoughts if he's making and posting videos, okay, just saying he posted the video obviously.
Speaker 2: So like easily sit at home like the Archie bunker of Egypt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he sitting in the sitting in his chair. There is lazy boy. He's making videos about how he you know, going and doing jihad is more important his wife and children who are I don't know. It was probably sitting right there wanted to be doctors. According to USA Today, I don't know if you guys saw this, a judge has now forbidden the Trump administration from deporting the family. Remember they were going to instant apport him. Of course, they went out and found a moon.
Speaker 2: Bad judge.
Speaker 1: At themselves, a nice little moon. Bad judge, go ahead and put the KaiB wash on that. And ironically, on the very same day that they're announcing these travel bands from a dozen a dozen countries, which I'm sure will have an injunction by the end of today, most likely the other one. The other update on this story, is one of the victims. Who is She's eighty eight years of age. She is a Holocaust survivor. I was doing the math. How old would she.
Speaker 2: Have been seven or eight in nineteen forty five?
Speaker 3: Yeah, very so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know a little girl there. Yeah so, uh so she was. She was one of the Victims' name is Barbara Steinmans, who was born in Austria, survived the Holocaust, moved to America shortly after the war there and has resided in the Boulder area for many, many, many years. She also is part of a nonprofit. Yeah, what is the what is the name of this nonprofit? Sorry, I'm just I was just scanning and saw this this morning. All right, So she's part of a nonprofit that has sued the Trump administration, not over this, not over this, but rather sued over his Yeah, here we go, here we go. Sorry, okay, all right, here we go, the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society. So h I A s is this nonprofit? I'm not fully clear on what her affiliation. I just know she's she's she's I don't know if she sits on the board or if she just is a big donor or whatever. But she was part of her protest was on behalf of this, so they have they are part of a lawsuit against the Trump administration for uh for over the immigration stuff. So she's suing or her or the nonprofit she's with is suing the Trump administration because they're trying to deport people and the person who set her on fire is one of the people that obviously we would want to deport, so you know, ahead of times so this doesn't happen. So I don't know if that's that irony truck or whatever we were talking about earlier, but that's pretty ironic right there.
Speaker 2: I wonder if we're gonna get like an update, what do you mean, you know, if opinions have changed.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man. I remember remember with a remember the lady who got murdered who she ran the store in Oakland, right and she was a big advocate for like, ah, leave all the whole crazy homeless people alone, and then she walked to the ATM and they murdered her via dragging. You remember that.
Speaker 2: Yeah? I remember the story out of New York too, where there was somebody there was like a couple and they were like, you know, like I forget what the what they were championing for but whatever the cause was, Like her boyfriend ended up getting murdered on the street, and she's still on the side of the cause.
Speaker 1: Remember that, Yeah, yeah, and then and then the but then going back to the Chicken Oakland, like her relatives or friends are like, no, she's still social justice warrior, and I'm like, I don't know. I'm sitting here watching this crazy video of an elephant that just rolled into a convenience store over in Thailand. That's his convenience store. Now, like, what do you do with that? What do you what do you do? You know, you know, you you probably we've all had like a bird flying into our house, right and we got to deal with that. This is an elephant, like you just now, that's not your convenience story. And this this elephant, by the way, is just eating everything. I think those are cookies and chips. So ross you asked what the elephant was eating. It appears to be. It appears to have a bit of a sweet tooth.
Speaker 2: I was gonna ask if I was there something specific it winning there for or smelled.
Speaker 1: But everything, Yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't know. Remember the and I'll reiterate it that one of the craziest stories that we've ever done on this show involves an elephant and it's a woman who was trampled. So a woman got trampled to death by an elephant. This was in India somewhere. So she's just doing whatever she's doing. Some elephant just show shows up, zombie stomps her to death, gets out of there. Right. It's like several days later, they're doing the funeral. All of a sudden, like you know in the movies when you see the trees start moving in the distance, like in the Jurassic Park. I always would always use this, So that's what people at the funeral is see because they're having an outdoor funeral. All of a sudden, the same exact elephant comes out of the woods and starts stomping the woman's cough and destroys it.
Speaker 2: I mean that's what. Yeah, it's not a coincidence. Like at some point in the past, even if she didn't realize that she slighted this elephant and that bad that bastard did not forget.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's got and if she has kids, I would I would say the kids should move too. You don't have this thing going.
Speaker 2: Generational over in like countries like that, Like we have like the you know, like the deer crossing signs. Do they have like elephant crossing signs and stuff like that? Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it'd be pretty cool.
Speaker 1: I've seen some different crossing signs on my travels in Central America. They have iguana crossing signs, and you're like, that's dumb, and then you see one and these are not like the iguanas that you see when you go to Florida. These things look like a medium dog. Yeah, I'd probably mess up your tires, right, yeah, yeah, well, I mean yeah, you don't want to hit one of those at highway speeds. So all of a sudden you're like, nah, that makes sense, now, yeah, absolutely, what's your favorite what's your favorite crossing sign? Though you're talking about.
Speaker 2: This, My favorite one I've ever seen was this was like around nineteen eighty nine, and it was driving to Wilmington for the first time from from Morehead City.
Speaker 1: Morehead City, and it.
Speaker 2: Was back then like you would have like the printed out map quest directions, right, So you're driving and you're trying to read the stupid printed out map quest directions and there's no like recalculating right. So it's like if you if you make a wrong turn or if the directions are screwed up, you're pretty much screwed. You have to figure it out on your own, which is possible, but it sucks. So I'm driving and I'm like, I'm going to the beach and I take a turn and before i know it, I'm in front of a guard post going through Camp Lea June and I'm like, what.
Speaker 1: You could do?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It was pre nine to eleven and I'm like yeah, but I have no idea what's going on going on?
Speaker 1: I'm like, so you think you're going to go on?
Speaker 2: I'm like super young, and I'm I'm a buck twenty one wet and I'm shaking because I got these two giant marines you know with the you know, armed at a guard post and I'm like, I made a wrong turn and they're gonna I'm trying to get on base or something and.
Speaker 1: I think you're terrorist.
Speaker 2: They come up and I apologize. I'm trying to go to the go to the beach, and they're like, no, you're free to go. I'm like, what, well, coming from the Yeah, coming from New York, I'm like, this is amazing. I'm like, I can just drive for the base to go to you know, go to the beach. So you're saying they not perceive you as a threat. They did not, So I'm but I'm driving and it was the coolest thing. I still remember this day. It was a tank crossing sign, and that's amazing.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know when you get caught on the wrong side of that, you know what I'm saying. No, so then you took over the base, right? I did not?
Speaker 2: But no, the whole time, didn't even didn't even look to the left or right. I'm like, I'm just I'm just gonna go through the base, and I'm not.
Speaker 1: You didn't infiltrate the base and steal all the funny stuff.
Speaker 2: Sure did not.
Speaker 1: You would only have to fight several thousand Marines. I don't understand what your problem.
Speaker 2: But they don't do that anymore, right, Like, that's not a thing you do.
Speaker 1: Is you can't drive through the base? No? No, you got to drive all the way around the base. You can. I don't know was that your question? Because I think if you still, if you want to go try to take Lejune, you could still, like I don't know if like, can you still like take that shortcut to the beach, No, you cannot. No, Yeah, the hijackers ruined it for everybody. There are still some bases where they're just too big that you can still that you still drive through. Vandenburg is a good example. The people don't realize that when you're driving Highway one in California there and then you cut the coastal road through like Santa Maria, you know, north of Santa Bar Santa Maria through Lompoc, that's you're on Vandenburg Air Force Base for a lot of that, and so that's the MPs that pull you over. So and then there's some there's a base in the Dakota as you can kind of drive through, I mean, semi can some just depends, I guess, but Lejune is not one of them. So, which is a shame because I don't remember how much time that cuts off, But it's not insignificant being able to go straight there. So all right, so watch out for tanks, elephants, iguanas, and maybe even maybe even some deer's all right eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four Coming up, we will chat with Stephen Kent, our official NERD correspondent, and I got a whole laundry list of stuff we got to get into with him. That'll be at eight oh five. But first this, Uh, you know how when you think you're virtuous and not racist, and then when you start talking it, you don't realize it because you're just not self aware. But everyone around you is say, holy crap, that's kind of racist. That thing you just said. Well, that's what happened to a Democrat congresswoman yesterday who was uh it was something. So she is Vermont's congress person. Name is Becca Blint. I don't know if I've ever heard of this woman, but anyway, and you know what, you know what this gave me vibes of remember when Ozzie's Daughter was not the View, It's the other the talk or whatever the other show was. There's a very famous there's it's because it was part of the Trump election montage. You'd see it a lot of there. And she's like they were they were reacting to Trump's comments on like Mexicans right coming down the escalator all that, and she said, if he gets if he gets elected and deports all the immigrants, who will clean our house, right, Kelly, remember the Kelly Osbourne comment. Okay, so this is this is a law we actually have that. Okay, yeah, so here's the Kelly Osbourne comment. I was referring to.
Speaker 5: If you kick every Latino out of this country, then.
Speaker 3: Who is going to be cleaning your toilet? Donald Trump?
Speaker 1: Oh, that's inn.
Speaker 5: A sense that you know what I mean what I'm saying, there's more, there's more jobs to be in LA.
Speaker 6: They always it, but they.
Speaker 7: Donalds are not only me.
Speaker 4: I didn't mean it like that.
Speaker 1: Come on, no you didn't. The panels like, no, no, it wheelaid their chairs back as a racist. They don't want to be in the same camera shot as hers. It's just like back down that way did not go well. And I point this out because, like everyone, everyone had to have seen that moment because it's it was played everywhere. But apparently this chick didn't because she said this congresswoman said this yesterday.
Speaker 8: We have to come to a place in Congress where it is no homer a political issue, but we see it as an existential issue for the country.
Speaker 6: If we don't have out of.
Speaker 8: Use for people to come here needally to work.
Speaker 1: When the bills are home here. I'm gonna be really true.
Speaker 8: Right now, we're not gonna have anybody around the white garassies because we.
Speaker 2: Don't have enough people.
Speaker 1: That's right, we won't have enough butt wipers. The you know the classic American dream, right. You got a couple guys sitting over and uh, I'm poor aus Dan, right, and they're just like, oh, man, I'd love to go to America. They're like, oh, what do you want to do? Oh I want to go over and I want to I want to open a store and maybe start a business. Okay, yeah, what do you want to do? I want to wipe butts, said nobody. Ever, we're not gonna have we don't if we don't allow migrants to flood this country, who's gonna wipe our butts when we get old? Ross? Have you considered what ethnicity or heritage you want your when your old butt wiper to be from? I have Oh, okay, Boston, but those are citizens. Would you really really want to listen to somebody in a Boston accents?
Speaker 2: I mean we're talking about somebody from a blank hole, you know place you know.
Speaker 1: Oh that's fair, yeah, yeah, that's fair. But let's say you can't choose our own internal one, like like maybe maybe German does anyone to get in and get out? Like, which is so.
Speaker 2: Nat be super aggressive? That sounds painful.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, Well I I I don't know. Maybe one of the Balkans, you know, some one of those Eastern European countries. Those are probably pretty aggressive too. Yeah, I don't know. I don't know. You could go with the Asian countries. You got like, because apparently this is what we do, this is what we're supposed to sit around, and we're supposed to be like, hey, we got to get every we got to get people over here so that people can wipe our butts. That is a member of Congress that said that, and at least with the Osbourne comment, the people around her immediately recoiled. Not the case here, not the case you have.
Speaker 2: Like on the left, you have these conflicting points of view on pretty much every topic, but this one especially where on one hand they'll say, likely, you know, wages have been stagnant and we need a twenty five dollars an hour minimum wage right to have like a living wage. But on the other hand they'll say, we need to keep a specific portion of the population here, that's here illegally, so we can have things cheap and not pay them.
Speaker 1: I don't know that that's conflicting. Well, I mean that's that's literally democrats pre civil rights. Yeah, I know that's a good point. Yeah, yeah, I mean that's but I mean it's so crazy. That's on brand right there.
Speaker 2: You'll be having a you know, a storke at the Starbucks because you believe you deserve twenty five dollars. But then the next day or the next second, you'll be like, no, keep these people in because I want to be able to afford you know, a cheap home repair or home means.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I think that's I think that's perfectly on brand. They're like, hey, let's make everything really good for us, and then we'll get these other people who we don't care about to essentially give us labor for free or discounted. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's selfish and hypocritical.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, it's uh. I gonna say it's exploitive too, But that's just normal people who understand what those words mean, all right. Seven eighteen Hang on Stener's with station at the June when he was serving in the Marine Corps. When I was stationed that was you and I lived in Hubert. I don't know what that means, uh, but basically i'd go through the side gate and it was not uncommon to be stopped for tanks aa vs and even troop crossing. Oh that would suck. Man. You're sitting there, maybe you're maybe you're rushing home because you've got to go to the bathroom or something, and all of a sudden, they're they're doing a foot like, here comes one hundred people marching with cadence in front of you, and you got to sit there and wait. Uh. Sometimes I would have to stop if a harrier landed in front of me. Yeah, that's not normal. That's not things most people deal with. So I will tell you that. I'll tell you the craziest critter in the road crossing story was the sloths. Man, because you can't touch them. So if you ever go and you do, you go to like Panama or Costa Rica or Nicaragua or one of these places where they have the sloths, you can't touch him, and you don't want to because they have like a fungus on them. But if one's like in the road, it's in the road, man, it's gotta wait for it. And I don't know, if you've seen the pace at which a sloth moves, you could be there a little while, but most people just get out of the boo and then the thing boo. But you know, if you let nature take its course. So I'm sorry you had to deal with that, sir. Oh and Boston Paul says, if you're hiring foreign butt wipers, you go with Brazil, which is probably that's you know what hom of miss bum bump, probably some TLC. So uh yeah, there you go way better in my Germany suggestion. Yeah, yeah, see you don't want or maybe you do, maybe good gear. You want to get it done quick because the Germans are very efficient at things, right, there's a there's a reason. So like I, I think it'd be a quick process. But it wouldn't be loving you, damn sure. Oh and I bet she doesn't. I bet she didn't even click with her how dumb that sounds. And even when people are telling her that, oh, oh, I told you we have a hugboat update. Let me get you the hugboat update. Are you ready? All right? So the hugboat if if y'all don't remember, is this band of lunatics on this sailboat who are making their way to Gaza and they're gonna they're bringing hugs and supplies and love, and they're gonna roll up there to Gaza and jump out and save the world. Except Israel's now said that that that's not gonna happen because Israel has Gaza block hated and that's not just for because they don't want munitions coming through there. So they are letting things through, but it's very specific what gets through there, and a boat full of moonbats who could be taken hostage is not going to get through there. So it sounds like Israel's going to stop them, which is what they want. Let's just be honest. We now know what they were, what they're bringing them, and we were wondering, like the hugs, we knew what that was, but what supplies. UH, they're bringing power bars and milk. What do you ros? Do you like protein bars? Power bars? Stuff like that? Those are here? Yes, yeah, that makes sense. I don't know about the milk. Have you all ever been on a sailboat or a boat that has UH that has some living facilities in there or where you could refrigeration is a constant issue is it is popping up in several locations. I first heard it when Bono was on with Joe Rogan here last week, and Bono's been on everything, and then I realized why when I fired up my Apple TV and they were trying to push some new Bono probably even know what it is. It is it a new music movie, bio, don't know, don't care. The only thing I remember about Bono is when I went to Dublin when I was so, I went to Dublin and I went to the Guinness Thing. And if you go to the Guinness Thing at Saint James Gate there after the tour, they take you to this big round like rooftop bar that's up there and it looks out over all the city of Dublin there, and they give you like a pebble excuse me, they give you like a pebble thing and then you use that to pay for a Guinness right, it's part of your tour. And it was amazing because when I was on the tour, I was chatting with another couple from the US who didn't drink and they gave me their pebble. So score. But they have they have like the there's this really nice building and then it's got like a water slip that comes off the river so that a massive yacht can park at the building. And that's that's Bono's yacht and it's the headquarters for you too, have a whole office building as their headquarters. So kind of a big deal over there in Ireland. Yeah, world wide for that matter. But Bono's not okay, except he's all about the propaganda. So he's on with Joe Rogan. He's all tore up over the USAID stuff. And I would also point out that, you know, Bono was one of the driving forces in that Live Aid thing, which I don't know ross do you know the numbers of Live Aid? Everyone knows the story and the amazing moment with was it Michael Jackson and Prince.
Speaker 2: It was like everybody everybody was there.
Speaker 1: Didn't he bring a lama or something.
Speaker 2: That was separate? That's when they were they were going to record a song together and they actually ended up did doing like vocals for a song that never that was never released. You can find it on YouTube. Because you're thinking of Michael Jackson and Prince that has to be an amazing song. But they didn't. They did not get along together in the production in the studio because Michael showed up with a lama and Prince was like, why is there a lama here? And Michael's like, why wouldn't there be a lama here?
Speaker 1: So there was funny. It's funny Prince calling anyone weird, right, sore.
Speaker 2: Because you have, really, if you step back and look at it, these two guys in the studio, you have possibly the two weirdest guys in the history of the universe in the same proximity.
Speaker 1: Specifically in music at that time, for sure. Yeah. Yeah, well that's what it is. It's just too much ying, Yeah, not enough yang, right, Like, that's that's the thing. It's if you got two super extroverts or two super introverts a lot. Yeah, sometimes that ain't gonna.
Speaker 2: Work with a great story. You guys, how come you didn't release the single Lama Yeah.
Speaker 1: Lama dramas man. Oh yeah, I just wrote the headline. So anyway, with that Live aid, the amount of money that actually ended up going to actual starving people in Africa was not a high percentage. A lot of people don't talk about that, so but that's fine. I'm just pointing out that Bono Bono is all about the act of but maybe some of the details escape him in his quest to be an activist. And so here he is. This was him talking to Rogan the other day. It's not proven, but there's surveillance enough suggests three hundred thousand people have already died from just.
Speaker 2: This cut off, this hard cut This is the usaid you said.
Speaker 3: So this food rotting in boats and warehouses.
Speaker 7: For sure, there have been a lot of organizations that do tremendous good all throughout the world. Also, for sure, it was a money laundering operation. For sure, there was no oversight. For sure, billions of dollars are missing. In fact, trillions that are unaccounted for that were sent off into various that they don't even know where because there's no receipts. The way Elon must describe that, he said, if any of this was done by a public company, the company would be delisted and the executives be in prison.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, all right.
Speaker 2: Too, But I love how you shut them up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And to his credit, I'll give Bono. You know, Bono sat there and listened right and continued the discussion. So, because I think it was willing to have a good faith discussion. I just this three hundred thousand number this three, and then then of course the hens over at the view get hold of it. Yesterday, here we.
Speaker 9: Go t one hundred and fifty thousand federal employees, more than eighty five hundred contracts, more than ten thousand grants, and his cutbacks on medical research cost the lives of the foreign aid costs three hundred thousand lives, mostly children. That's the DNA that Elon mustet. So I don't think anyone should be listening to him about anything.
Speaker 1: Rod's do me a favorite, because your commute, obviously is is the longest of the commutes, and you can you can give me a range here. I don't expect you know the exact number. How many dead kids did you drive? I buy on the way in this morning over under?
Speaker 2: I mean it was very dark out. I didn't see any.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, you think three hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: No, No, significantly less than three hundred thousand. I'd probably say somewhere between the vicinity of zero and zero.
Speaker 1: Okay, well you do you admit it it's dark? Yeah, yeah, so you don't you don't know what might be lurking off in the tree line there.
Speaker 2: So the number is soapsurd, three hundred thousand children.
Speaker 1: Don't you remember though, Like like three days after they were like and there's already like fifty thousand dead. I remember them batting some number.
Speaker 2: You know, and they were they were saying, like in Africa, they were like, Okay, well the USA IDs you know, not a thing anymore, or they're going to be putting a stop to it. Oh look at that now, everybody's dying of AIDS in Africa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what it was. There was we saw a big uptick in AIDS. And I'm like, how in three days like then, they wouldn't even tell you to get an AIDS test if you were concerned about a sexual encounter in three days, right, Like there's a certain amount of time that it would be nesta. You may get a test, but then they tell you to come back for another test if you're very concerned.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, because you've got to do a comparison of your like your your white blood cell count or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: Correct. Yeah, So how in three days you figure that out? Sound a little propaganda to me, but you know, you know the view they don't care to throw that on out there, and then they added mostly kids, which is not what Bono said. So the view is like, ah, how can we make this how can we make this number even scarier? We'll say it's all kids that's going on there. The other question is, if you've got a warehouse full of food and it's about to go bad, do you need a ten million dollar government NGO to open the door so that people can get the food? Or that's you know, that's another thing right there. So I don't know the answer to that. But I don't know that. I don't know that these three hundred thousand numbers anything. But so as as they say, all right, coming up on the show, we're gonna chat with Stephen Kent, I'll be here in just a few minutes eight oh five actually, so about you know, a little more than a few but not too far down the road, and we got all sorts of stuff to get into. Let me, uh real, quickly throw this out. Michael Moore has written a new pledge of allegiance and it has dessert. So yeah, I don't know, so let me I'm gonna read you the new proposed pledge of Allegiance from Michael Moore, And then I want you to tell me if you like this one or if you like the one that you said in your classroom when you were a kid while you looked at the flag. Okay, all right, so here is the here's the new one. You guys all know the first one. Here's the new one. I pledge allegiance to the people of the United States of America and to the democracy for which we all stand. One person, one vote, one nation, part of one world. Everyone a seat at the table, everyone a slice of the pie. That's the dessert. With liberty and justice, equality at least can go with equity and kindness and the pursuit of happiness for all. There's no God reference in there either. To be fair, the original one didn't have God until the mid fifties, but the one most of us grew up with did. All right, So what do you think of the new one? Ross?
Speaker 7: Are you?
Speaker 1: Are you an old school or a new school? Pledge of allegiance?
Speaker 2: Old school that is complete trash. It's got pie though, I like pie. Okay, well, what's your favorite kind of pie?
Speaker 4: Mm?
Speaker 1: We know I'm not a sweet I'm not a sweet sky. But if you got some pumpkin pie. I write it down with that.
Speaker 2: Yes, agreed, completely agree.
Speaker 1: It's weird. There's some people that it's their least favorite.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: When I was a kid, my mom would be like, wait, what kind of cake do you want for your birthday? And every time I would say, I want pumpkin pie. And but it has to be it can't be soupy. It has to be like the right sort of consistency.
Speaker 1: So I agree. Yeah, yeah, decent quality crust. It's just you whip cream or ice cream on your I'll.
Speaker 2: Go both, but probably whipped cream.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tends to make it not It depends how fast you're gonna eat it. So yeah. So I don't know if that's the pies referencing. I think maybe it. He might mean something else. So anyway, let's get raced agic's favorite pie from the weather chair. What's your favorite flavor of pie? Sir?
Speaker 6: Oh my godmother's chocolate cream pie. Every Christmas or Thanksgiving we used to have. Okay, all right, that well, not even close.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not even close. Ye do you like pumpkin pie? Nope? Next, I'm reliable.
Speaker 1: Stand like people are either they either like it or they don't I've never met anyone who's just kind of ambivalent on it.
Speaker 3: So well, it's like pumpkin spice beer, right, no.
Speaker 1: No, no, it's right. One is exactly. My point is beer. One is intrectly dessert, and what is not exactly It's just exactly those two things are not the same.
Speaker 3: So no, they are not.
Speaker 1: You know how angry I get in the fall every year when I want to go place. You got like ten taps, right yep, so there should be a nice Belgian on there. I like Belgians trapel of some sort. But no, no, no, no, we get later in the fall. Guaranteed three of those taps are chewed up by cinnamon spies, pumpkin spies, pumpkin beer. It's like it just ruins it for me. I am. I get angry over it because now it's my opportunity to drink real beer and not the crab.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: The women's like.
Speaker 6: So no, right, no, no, no, yeah, I mean they couldn't just go with like one.
Speaker 1: I immediately get his man cards.
Speaker 3: When was my sister here last and it might have been last fall, and she'd want to like a twelve pack of this pumpkin spice and drank two and guess what, there's still ten in the fridge.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Those are the those I call them victim beers. Everybody's got victim beers in their fridge, right, somebody brought them over. Whatever. You're never going to drink them because they're garbage. But some day somebody will be over. They'll want a beer and it's somebody that you don't really like, and you're like, I got a beer for you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you pop the top off and there's there's rust on the glass because it's been in there so long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here you go.
Speaker 6: Well, don't worry about that. That'll wipe right off. Don't worry. It's only been in there about three years, so it's.
Speaker 1: Probably still good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, probably anyway, probably not so so it's going.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: With the weather stuff, it'll slowly start going downhill. Here this morning already looking at radar and guess what the rock is wet? So many of us starting to see some shower already the highest concentration greens brought down towards Charlotte in and around the triangle. We're just starting to get into some of these showers. Now that entity which the Hurricane Center had kind of put that little ten percent chance of development on. They no longer have that, but it's not like that system has completely gone away, so the moisture in the circulation is still there. So we're still going to get showers, thunder showers today, tomorrow, even into the weekends. Some unsettled weather might even mix in by Saturday, some stronger severe storms, and we still may get some heavier rainfall at times too, So going to be a little bit unsettled.
Speaker 3: Today, we'll have.
Speaker 6: A rain chance that everybody's gonna get rain, and we're going to stay in the low seventies and the mid seventies Tomorrow, I think a little bit less in terms of chances and coverage on rainfall, so we may squeak out a tweener here Tomorrow, warm and little humid too, is getting the mid upper eighties, and then on Saturday and Sunday rain chances back up as tempts will stay mid upper eighties, maybe ninety with enough sunshine for some of us on Saturday. So I think we'll get worse before we get better. Tomorrow is gonna be okay today already as we're seeing, and the weekend I would definitely have like a plan of action. You're outdoors, if it's a lake pool, out of the boat, kids have games, anything like that. Say yourself, well it starts raining, how quickly? And where am I going to go? Especially if you get a severe storm, don't we want to call it in the lake? Caught in the lake somewhere with the sphere weather in the area.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but sometimes right before a storm hits, the fishing it's really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been told that, but I would still say.
Speaker 1: I've been on a blake's slaying crappies and we can see lightning on the other side of the lake, and we we had a conversation where like, this is the best this lake has ever fished.
Speaker 6: Yeah, sometimes that happens, right, yeah, right, yeah, just five more?
Speaker 3: How far is that storm?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Murdered with the lightning anyway? All right, thank you sir, appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right?
Speaker 1: Coming up on the show how to Instantly Get Fired in Florida, Although maybe not there is a little twist in this story, but we'll get into it. Coming up Kcoday Radio program Florida as it pertains to educating the students and the trans and LGBTQ issues and we're not going to have this in the schools. Like everyone in Florida knows what's up. So the idea that you would do this assignment, you have to know this isn't gonna go well. However, there is a little twist to this, so Florida high school students who were taking part. So these are classes that take part at the Miami Dade Community College, but are four high school students. I don't know how much that they do in North Carolina. I did this in Wyoming. Actually, we did a thing my junior year was shared in college and we would get on a bus and go thirty miles up Sheridan two days a week and then do college classes or high school classes. They gave us college credit. So I think these are very cool. But that's what this is. So you're dealing with a community college professor, but you're dealing with high school students. So what was the assignment? The professor asked the students to complete a sexuality focus questionnaire. All right, Ross, you're the student here, let me ask you the questions. Okay, what do you think caused your heterosexuality?
Speaker 2: Do you think God is born this way?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Right? Is it possible to being straight. It's just a phase. You may grow out of.
Speaker 2: It, it is not you sure, yep, all right, pretty positive.
Speaker 1: Considering the menace of hunger and overpopulation, could the human race survive if everyone was straight like you? Okay?
Speaker 2: So the whole premise of the question is dumb because the scarcity isn't even really a thing. That's a hoax. So I don't go. I can't. No, you're stupid. No, I hate the whole scarcity thing. Yeah, like the limited resources. Shut up, it's not a thing. It's not real.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to read all these questions. You get the just of what's going on here. So I uh oh, actually hold on a couple more. To whom have you disclosed your straight tendencies? Have you told in everyone you're straight? My wife oh repeating it's just the part where she's pregnant and you're like, ah, right, okay, I see what you did there. Why do you insist on showing off your hetero sex?
Speaker 2: How is this? How is this up?
Speaker 1: By the way, that question being asked in the month of June, Why do you show off your heterosexuality? Right?
Speaker 2: How is this even possible? How is this a homework? Assignment in a school. It's ridiculous. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the thing is, I since it's a professor to community colle I don't know. I don't know how that how that works in Florida because at first I thought it was just a high school class. I'm like, that teacher, don't work there no more Steven Kent joining us. Steven Kent, I'm assuming that you are in one of these giant nerd lines that's in front of the best Buy and Carrie right now, waiting for the switch to or not.
Speaker 4: Of course, I'm I'm coming to you from the line.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I had no idea that there'd be two hundred people at about four o'clock this morning lined up in front of the best Bike.
Speaker 4: So God, you know, the Nintendo Switch is a pretty exciting piece of tech. I'm not surprised at all, But honestly, two hundred that doesn't seem like that much. You know, that seems like a quick onn You'll be.
Speaker 1: In and out. Okay, Well, it depends how many they have, right because like everything else he's launched, they know they're going to run out. Ross was saying that they already were stocking signs. Says sorry, we're out. They had sent those out, so they anticipate they're going to run out there. Have you ever queued up? You ever camped out for something?
Speaker 4: You know? I have camped out for movies. I have never camped out for technology reveals. That's just sort of my not my thing. I always try to wait for it to be on sale, and.
Speaker 1: I assume that have the people in the line are just going to try to flip them for some stupid amount later today.
Speaker 4: So yeah, there is, there's There have been ports of that, so like people will go in and they'll buy multiples, and then stores will cap how many you can actually get it one single time, just to prevent that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: My favorite, my favorite campout. There was a news clip and it was from It was from one of the big iPhone releases. I don't think it was the original. I think it was when they transition to the three that became super popular, but the three G or whatever it was called, I think it was that launch, and I remember it was bonkers. It was bonkers, And there was video of this lady who had like ten thousand dollars in cash and she went to buy the first spot in line and she paid the dude like one thousand dollars for a spot in line. She got in there and she's like, and I'm gonna buy like ten phones, and then they follow her in there and she gets into the store and like, we can only sell you one. So now she just realized she just paid this guy one thousand for a spot in line and she can only buy one. And you could just watch her face, just the instruction on her Facebook.
Speaker 4: To be one of these people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got gotta read the fine print there. All right, we got to talk about AI. We got a bunch of AI stuff this morning. Boy, where do I want to start here? Let me start with the kind of funny and then we'll get into the more serious. I've seen two examples of this. Now, this is the story we talked about the other day. AI company files for bankruptcy after being exposed as just seven hundred Indian engineers. So it was an AI design and Microsoft was invested in this thing, and it was you know, hey, it was an A. I guess it coded websites, right, it created websites, but it was an AI. It was a sweatshot. And there was another app and I can't remember this guy's name who started an app that was an assistant app and he was the darling of Silicon Valley and it was basically the way it worked is you could see any piece of media, you see a photo of your favorite celebrity, like the shoes they're wearing. You would on the app indicate that you want those shoes. They would then find out what they are, who they are, and figure out where you can get them the cheapest. And it was supposed to be AI, but it was it was Filipino sweatshops. Because people see, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: You're you're putting on a query. Yeah, you're putting on a query and you're asking the AI for something, and it really is just a warehouse of individuals very quickly getting you an answer and then passing it off as AI. That's that's wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I suspect there's probably others out there. I can't remember. The guy was trying to defend it somehow, and he's just like, well, we hope to get there with AI. But the problem is, and it's an understandable problem. Your hat you can't write something that can navigate every buying page of every website because a lot of them, you know, they're so different, right, there's not a excuse mom of a sneeze here.
Speaker 4: Oh for my mic off like so bless.
Speaker 1: You, thank you. But you know, so this thing, it was more than just the app being and assistant. They were giving this guy money because he had created AI that was able to navigate all the different websites with all of their buying portals. So it could that's how it could. It could complete a sale through Amazon, or through the manufacturer's website, or through a secondary website, and so that's really what people were investing in. So it turned into much more of a boondoggle because they wanted to apply that same technology to other comparative buying opportunities for like insurance things like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, sometimes I don't know, I don't know what to do with all this stuff. I just went to an AI expo in Washington, d C. On Monday, and it was a huge expo for all of the AI firms, you know, and also kind of the big traditional tech companies you know, like Microsoft and now Meta and all this kind of stuff, and the military. There was this huge Pentagon presence and it was basically them just talking and shared ideas about how AI was going to change the future of warfare. There were drone presentations, you know, twenty four hours after this Ukrainian attack using drones on Russian airplanes, they were doing this attack drones demonstration in this space and I was going on, this seems really cool, but all of this stuff really seems to be manual to me, Like, it's hard to imagine what AI is really going to be like the way that they say, because so much of it is still just kind of guys holding remote controls. Even the robots, you know, the robots that they say are going to go around picking up trash, they're at the expo being controlled by like game Boy controls.
Speaker 1: Well, so I just have a hard time believing it. Then they're like, ah, I'm a robot, I'm picking up trash. I'm going to murder all the humans. So you know, we got to slow roll this thing. AI is clearly a buzzword, but the tech isn't there as evidence by you know, we have how many times have we seen a story where the AI just makes stuff up? Right? Yeah, I did make up Back tooy, some lawyer got probably lost his law license because he used AI to write a brief with citations for cases that never existed.
Speaker 4: The aid yes and yesterday. I mean, I was my daughter. She's a teenager. She just got her first job offer. Someone wanted to hire her at their gym, and so they wanted a resume. So we went home, we started working on her first resume, and we decided, because I just hate Microsoft word when it comes to designing resumes, I was like, all right, let's actually use chat GPT for this thing. Let's put in your age, your background, let's put in all of your qualifications into an AI or into chat GBT as a prompt and then just have it export a document. And chat GBT made a great resume, but it also embellished everything it made up. It made up job duties. It took all of her little experiences doing volunteer jobs and when created tasks that she might have done. And that's just sort of the standard operating procedure for most of this AI is hallucinating and coming up with information.
Speaker 1: Well, but the downstream effect is because clearly you didn't send that one, right because you're like.
Speaker 4: No, of course, yeah, you got to edit, you.
Speaker 1: Got to edit. But a lot of people would go, Nope, we're sending that one, and now people are competing again. Your daughter's competing against people who probably handed in an embellish resume. Look what is doing to schools. Man, They're wanting to bring back blue books and bubble tests. Right, it's too easy to cheat with the AI. So yeah, exactly, I don't know how we get there another one. And I have some friends who work in the entertainment industry in California. When I I went to school down there and I worked in college for IATZI, which is the Stage hand Union, which was a great gig man because I'd go work concerts and I just I work like sixteen hours straight, and so you get all this double pay and triple pay based on what you're doing. You get to watch a pre concert, get to interact with the acts. It was great. But some of those guys, they work in Hollywood and they do commercial shoots, they do movies, and they're not working right now. Nobody's filming in LA because it's crazy expensive. But even where they are filming things like commercials, the biggest fear that some of these guys have. There's a guy named Paul Deprezio, was a good friend of mine who does a lot of this and I've seen them on Facebook and these guys are like, AI is coming, We're gonna have to find something else to do. And I saw this story that you sent about. There's an ad that's going to run on Fox Fox News channel for like two weeks and it's for a credit conservative credit card company. There's a bald eagle, got to have one of those dude in flannel right nailing it. But that's completely AI generated And that normally would have been a million dollar operation, but maybe not a million dollars, but that would have been a signal a good financial operation that employed a bunch of people. And now this vo three or whatever spin it out in probably a few hours.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a it's a pretty shocking ad. I would recommend everybody go look it up. It's by this credit card company called coin. It's coin with a silent G and this is a thirty second ad spot that just produces every kind of conservative personality stereotype you can imagine all the way down.
Speaker 1: Ross will you rip it in real quick? Can you do that? Will Stevens on the phone, Yeah.
Speaker 4: And all the all the way down to you know, having one of their conservatives in the ad. You know some some Asian fellow who uses the Conservative credit card to buy gold and another older woman who uses her Conservative credit card to get her four wheeler ready for mutting season. It's just a real mess.
Speaker 1: Mutting season. You never been mutting?
Speaker 4: Well, the problem with her mutting season is that her mouth, her mouth doesn't and this advertisement, so they put all this hype into this new AI generated ad and this one person's mouth doesn't move off she speaks. It's just why would you even put this out?
Speaker 1: So she's a ventriloquist. What's your problem? Who likes mudd No? Wait, you never met an old woman who's a ventriloquist who likes Muddon.
Speaker 4: I've never met an old woman who can speak through her face.
Speaker 1: Now, this is you Northern Virginia people, right, You got to get to the country, folks. This is what they do. This is totally normal with a bald eagle on their own. I'm MDAD. So all right, so there was oh yeah, and then Netflix is embracing this. So from n gadget here, Netflix will embrace AI generated ads. Streaming service will roll like AI generated ads, so we'll play in the middle of a show or whenever users hit pause if it's one of the ads supported plans. Obviously, if you have the ad free plan, you won't see this. This sounds like it's just gonna be awful, right, but also financially understand why Netflix is doing it this way.
Speaker 4: The thing that I don't understand about this and I saw this story AI generated ads that are going to run through Netflix, But I don't understand even what that what that means, you know, an AI generated ad for what does that mean that they're just going to like slap a Windy's logo onto the screen and then just move on. How are they determining what the viewer might want to see? Because my understanding is that Netflix tries to serve you ads somewhat based on your your viewing habits. But then there are course ads that people created to actually persuade the buyer. I don't believe for a second that AI generated ads right now are actually capable of doing deep human persuasion in the way that ADMIN are.
Speaker 1: You know, No, I one agree, but they can only get better at it, and some things, some things are not rocket science, right. Putting a bald eagle in an ad that runs on Fox News like welcome to Fox News, right, like, that's it's all right, I have the ad here. Let's let's go ahead and listen to this. But yeah, it's Steven's right. You got to watch it to really see the the mouth thing. But let's listen.
Speaker 3: How are you going to spend right today?
Speaker 10: Ribs chicken and some alligator for the big game.
Speaker 1: I've bought new Camo for deer season.
Speaker 11: Gold, I've bought a lot of gold.
Speaker 8: I've PANMP my ride to go Mudd because you only live once. And I've bought the biggest American flag I could find, because God bless the USA.
Speaker 1: Coin spend right, all right, So here's the deal, because here's here's the fence that you're trying to straddle here. Do you make it so over the top as to let the audience know that they're in it? Is that you're kind of joking or does that come across as wildly insulted?
Speaker 4: It definitely comes across as wildly insulting, and for a conservative credit card company, which for me really just means that people are just trying to ring up credit card debt on people who they think they know how to message to. I don't really understand how this appeals to conservatives. The conservative mind, the conservative instinct lashes against this kind of stuff. However, the people who might be watching this on Fox News, I tend to think they might not be able to tell it's AI because of the age demographic. This looks very, very real. The only thing that gives it away is the accentuation in their speech. The way that they speak in very slow measured sentences throughout this ad gives it all away. They don't actually have any fluidity to the way that they talk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, and they don't have an eagle street either, so that's you know, that's a bit of an issue. It looks no, but you got to have the screech man, you always got to have. Yeah, yeah, well not that one thought.
Speaker 4: A real eagle screech it's not very cool.
Speaker 1: No, but I've I've had an eagle on my arm, bald eagle on my arm. Man. I gotta find that fatal. I went to they have a bald Eagle center in Wabashaw, Minnesota, and I went down to that thing, and uh for we did a radio event down there, and they're like, they're like, hey, you want to put a couple of eagles on your army. You don't realize how heavy those bastards are. There's that's a big bird man, Bold Eagle.
Speaker 4: He missed an opportunity to shoot an ad for your show. You should have done it.
Speaker 1: Well, it was way back in the day. Like we've had some stuff. We used to have an ad that ran on on this station for something called Freedom Checks. And I we had so much fun just mocking that thing. I don't even I don't even know if we have in the system anymore, but like it was the most over the top country dude for freedom checks. His name was what is it? Ricky? Is Ricky for Freedom Checks? And like it was fun because like we were all in on just kind of mocking the thing.
Speaker 4: So are you allowed to mock your own advertisers?
Speaker 3: Well, it was not a thing you can.
Speaker 1: Do this one. This one was fine to do. It was because the audience was like, what the hell was that? And it was it was less mocking, and it was just because it was so blistering on the ears. Man, some of some of the longtime listeners will remember that. All right. Unfortunately we're not going to get to the White to Challa, So maybe next week. Next week with tragedy.
Speaker 4: Thanks so much, Jasey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Stephen Kent there, follow him on the on the Twitter. We'll retweet his thing there and we'll talk next week. Thank you, sir. All right, it is eight twenty three, coming up on the show real quick. Just today about ten seconds to fill here we got an al kaita dude we got to talk about and well, anyway, some more audio as well. Was Jean Pierre coming up? Hang on. Oh, yesterday we were treated to the announcement that Karine Jean Pierre, the you know, the press secretary for Joe Biden there is leaving the Democrat Party. Oh and she's got a new tell all book. I'm sure the two are not connected. In fact, he is the here's the announcement on that.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 5: I'm Karine Jean Pierre, and I am the author of a new book that's coming out this fall called Independent. It's coming out on October twenty first, so please please.
Speaker 1: Do grab it.
Speaker 5: And the reason I wrote this book coming out of the White House. You know, serving as White House Press secretary was an honor and a privilege. But since I have left, the people that come up to me, strangers that come up to me just across the country as I'm traveling, and sometimes right in my neighborhood, at our grocery store, supermarket, airport, my daughter school. The number one question they asked me is, Kareem, how do we get out of this? How do we protect our democracy? How do we protect vulnerable communities among us? What do we do next? Because we don't have answers here? That's what they ask me. And this is my answer. And what I mean by that is in an era of.
Speaker 11: Misinformation, disinformation, the regressiveness of social policy, what we're seeing currently right now, what I have decided to do, and I really have thought long and hard about this, is to follow.
Speaker 5: My own compass. And that's what I've done, and that's what.
Speaker 11: This book does.
Speaker 5: And here's the truth, and here's how I will lay it out to you. I think we need to stop thinking in boxes and think outside of our boxes and not be so partisan.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right? And I also saw another comment where she's like, I think you'll tell you. It was in the article Politico a quote from her, but basically she's like, yeah, the White House was dysfunction and all. But yeah, she's all about, hey, we can't have disinformation, misinformation. I would remind you by the way that this is her from back when she was still doing her thing, literally beating the cheap fakes thing, right, which is what all these these journalists are now saying that they they believed and they shouldn't have believed. But this was the nexus for it. This was a design talking point that the White House came out with to explain why Biden kept looking like he was on death's door. Okay, and just let's jump on the way back machine here it is.
Speaker 5: You all have called this the cheap fakes video, and that's exactly what they are. They are cheap fakes video. They are done in bad fight.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: And and some of your news organization have have been very clear have stressed that these right wing, the right wing critics of the president have a credibility problem because of the fact checkers have repeatedly caught them pushing miss in information disinformation, right. And so we see this and this is something coming from from your your part of the world calling them a cheap face.
Speaker 1: So she knows that what she's saying is complete and other life.
Speaker 2: Right. Meanwhile, Joe Biden is like in the background in the back somewhere get lost in a walking closet as non.
Speaker 1: Mar You guys, they have a really nice walking at the lighthouse that they do. I'm sure they do, all right. So my question this is the judgment called scummiest garbage Human, Jake Tapper or Jean Pierre? Which one do you go?
Speaker 2: I gotta go KJP. I feel like it's like.
Speaker 1: But like we kind of knew her job was the live a living.
Speaker 2: That's her job to get paid. But at some point you could sort of be like, I can't do this anymore, or step down or resign or come on no and.
Speaker 1: You or you could response with We're not going to dignify these questions, which is a cop out, but it's not a lie, she says, I mean, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And for her to preface her book like that you were the face of the disinformation for the administration, right like you were it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she quit the party. Man, It's okay, she's out right at the same time she's selling a book. There's gonna be so many of these tellaws. The amount of people that are getting ready to release books. I think there's like five or six of them in the works from different aspects, and you know, obviously she's got the high profile name, she's got to jump on it. Obviously, Jake Tapper's doing all of his things running around pretending, but like his narrative is that she lied to him and her In that quote you just heard, she lays out cheap fakes as being something that was designed by the media, which is not true. That was a talking point that emerged from the White House and then the media blond onto it, and then later she pretended like they came up with it. So yeah, I you know what, Yeah, I think for that reason where she's commenting on the things she herself created. They just found out too, that some PR lady was essentially brought in with Jean Pierre while she was still working and was given access to her email. I don't know, I got to think that the White House Press secretary's email is not something that you want a PR person who's an activist feminist like PR person up in there, right, because you remember, everyone's so concerned because those employees, right, what the hell's in Jean Pierre's emails? Probably some pretty juicy stuff.
Speaker 2: Just saying I also, I don't buy the whole point that people are coming up to her with this question.
Speaker 1: Like all the time in the grocery store, you can't showing up.
Speaker 2: People are like, hey, how can we get out of this? You know, current political paradigmer. Nobody's doing that. That's not happening. It's like when these people write these political posts and like, oh my kid was literally trembling. No they weren't.
Speaker 1: Everyone applauded. Yeah, yeah, but how many times have you been somewhere somebody realized is that you work on the radio? What do they ask if it's an.
Speaker 2: Election here, who's gonna win?
Speaker 1: Who's gonna win?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, I don't know, no idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah I'm not. I'm not out here rigging elections. I don't know. Yeah, But so that so there's a little believability there. I don't know, man, I don't know. If if I was, if I was in a friendly conversation where I was trying to get real dirt with her, that would not be what I'd be asking. I'm just be like, come on, man, how many times did Joe Biden walk into a wall? Right? Right?
Speaker 2: You knew he had spaghetti brains? Just be honest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I don't want to be accused of Tori, so you want it is like dish the dirt, what's going on? And I don't know. May you probably wouldn't get an answer out of her. But either way, the uh yeah, she I think she wins the scumbag race on this one. I'll go with that. Oh, by the way, I mentioned this, let me get the deats out there because this is I'm sure some judge will step in. This was one of the first if you go back to the first Trump administration, one of the very first high profile judge meddling cases was that judge from the California Circuit out there or no, he was from Hawaii, I believe, but which is part of the California circuit. He stopped the travel ban, right even though the law is it's a super short law. I remember reading it and it's unlike most laws, it's very easy to understand, and it basically says the president has full authority pound sand right, And this judge enjoined the travel ban because they're like, oh, he's just doing it to Muslim countries. Except he wasn't just doing it to Muslim countries, and he wasn't doing it to all the Muslim countries. He was doing it to countries that don't vet right. That was the complaint. We can't trust that the person their documents say that they are is in fact that person. And it's a big problem. I told you what was going on with the Somalis up in Minneapolis, where you would have people that were vetted as it as a family unit. By however they were vetting them through there. They would get in this this refugee program. They were taking them all to Minneapolis. They have a huge Somali population up there, and you know, and sure a lot of them are wanting to come to America because Somalia probably sucks to live in Somalia. But the problem was is you had a lot of abuse within the system, and so you'd have this mother, father and kids show up and they would give preference to family units, which I guess I understand that, except they'd get to America and they would just leave in part ways because they weren't a family. Sometimes they were a husband and wife, but a lot of times they weren't. And then now you got a kid who's like eleven, who's now dumped into the community because the kid was an orphan that they you know, basically pretended was their kid. This is you don't believe the FBI did a whole big investigation over this, because now you got kids, essentially, you gotta figure out what you're gonna do with them so they don't freeze to death. And so that's where the questions lie. So in a memorandum released yesterday, Trump the executive action has banned travel from a dozen countries and placed partial restrictions on travel from seven more. So, these are the countries where there's nobody's coming in Afghanistan, Burma, Chad, Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Haiti, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen. All right. Partial travel bans from Burundi, Cuba, Laos, Sierra Leone, Togo, Turkmenistan, and Venezuela.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So, and like I said, I'm sure some judge will try to seek their teeth into this at some point today. But those are the countries you're you're dealing with on there, all right, rased agic from the weather channels. You're at a rock and roll No he's not, okay, all right, do do do well? That sucks because I had that all timed out there. Oh wait, hold on, Boston, Paul is defending pumpkin spice beer in my email. Dude, I need you to bring your man card to the station and turn that in, sir, turn it into day me. No one of our listeners who's defending pumpkin spice beer. Oh gosh, yeah, he's from Boston, though, they're well, you're up there.
Speaker 6: Hey, I will defend the summer al though, Sam Adams. I mean, why is it like different seasonal ales are good and then it comes to pumpkin spice I guess because it's not like a fall seasonal ale.
Speaker 1: Your fruit into this now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean the seasonal it's yeah, sorry, listener, I mean that's bad.
Speaker 1: Nice from Boston. He doesn't have feelings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's okay, I'm sorry. But yeah.
Speaker 6: Anyway, Well, wet day ahead, Yeah, damp already seeing the rain showers. It's a little heavier between Charlotte Greensboro and that's moving north, so the triad. I'll probably a little more rain in the triangle right now where it's rain lightly near Sandford and Fayetteville. Maybe not yet, but it's kind of this blob of patchy rain. I think we'll see that today, maybe a thunderstorm, a low to mid seventies.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow, might get a little bit.
Speaker 6: Of a break isolated stuff, and that may help us warm up with sunshine into the mid to upper eighties and the weekend, good chances of showers thunder showers each day, maybe some severe weather over the weekend too. So, as I mentioned earlier, with the weather now finally starting to warm up, it's pool and lake weather and kids having ballgames. Have a plan if you do get a severe storm or a warning, and then you know, if you plan it on stained busy all weekend, say well, I'm going to go out the lake, but if it rains, I'm going to do this. Like I say, if I'm in the pool and if it rains, I'm going to do this. So have a second plan in case you get a rain.
Speaker 1: Pool and it rains.
Speaker 6: What's the problem, well, thunder lightning thing. I mean, wow, you don't want to be in the pool with the thunder light If it rains, I stay, if I hear thunder, I go in and I just walk right in and go to the bar.
Speaker 1: So get your pumpkin spice beer. I understand.
Speaker 6: I get my pumpkin spice that's about ten months old from last year.
Speaker 1: Delicious. All right, thank you, sir, appreciate it. Okay, good one, and we'll come back with Jeff Bellinger next.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Casey, just got word from the Labor Department that there was a pick up last week and the number of workers filing new claims for unemployment benefits two hundred and forty seven thousand first time applications were counted. That was more than expected, in eight thousand more than the prior week. Now, this is the last of the job market indicators ahead of the May employment report. We get that one tomorrow. So far this week, data on jobless claims, layoffs, and private hiring of all pointed to some softness in the job market. North Carolina is in for about at least five hundred jobs. Amazon is planning to invest ten billion dollars in North Carolina's AI infrastructure. House hunters have a lot of properties to choose from, depending on where they're hunting. Realtor dot Com reports the number of homes on the market nationwide has topped one million for the first time since the winter of twenty nineteen. Inventories are back to pre pandemic levels in the south from the west, but housing markets in the northeast and Midwest are still in a squeeze. A survey by an accountant's trade organization indicates business optimism faded last month. Just over a quarter of the executives polled expressed confidence about the economic outlook. Federal Reserve officials around the country reported in for the Central Bank's latest Beije book. The reports indicate there was a modest slowdown in economic activity in recent weeks. You're probably seeing lines of people outside stores that sell video games this morning. Nintendo Switch two console went on sale today. Fans around the world have been willing to stand in line for hours to get one of the devices. A line formed outside a game Stop store here in Manhattan in the pre dawn hours yesterday. Best Buy says the console will definitely be a sellout and casey. Hooters has reportedly shuttered more than two dozen of its company owned restaurants and a surprise move. The company issued a statement to USA today saying the closing the locations was a difficult decision. Hooters has been in bankruptcy since March. When it filed it did not indicate that any outlets would be closed.
Speaker 1: Casey, all right, thank you sir. Hey have you ever stood in line for anything to camp out? Because there's like two hundred people in front of the best Buy waiting for one of those switches this morning. I've never done that night in for a concert. I know you like music. No, I do like.
Speaker 10: Music, but I mean I'll wait. I'll wait for you, wait my turn to get to the box office, but I won't show up hours or days ahead of time.
Speaker 1: All right, that's probably smart. I don't want to do it either, Thank you, Jeff A good day. Yeah, there you go. Hey, Ross, somebody already stole our idea from the other day. Remember when we were telling people how they could set up a drug empire if they would just smuggle their cocaine inside the truck full of bees.
Speaker 2: Right now, we weren't exactly saying to do that. We're just say no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 1: We were very I think we're very clear to not do right, but if you're gonna it would be very effective. And then I actually I had a police officer said he used to do drug interdiction, and if you get a truckload of bees, the blows all yours being getting in there. So this guy, unfortunately, I don't think he paid enough attention. A man who had gone on vacation to Thailand, I'm sure for all the good reasons, was stopped by customs officials after his luggage was pulled aside for secondary screening and they open the suitcase and there's forty seven vipers in there, and not like models of the Dodge car, actual vipers. Forty seven venomous vipers, five Asian leaf turtles. These are Indonesian pit vipers and spider tailed horned vipers. By the way, if you're that customs agent, that's your last day, right, think of all the weird So you've watched those shows for the customs thing where people come back from Asia or Africa and they've got all the weirdest foods ever, and they're like, no, you can't bring these like that stuff's weird enough. But forty seven live vipers, no, thank you. But he didn't have any drugs in there, so yeah, you're not doing it right. So you need an entire truck of vipers maybe or bees and then like that. But it's not going to work at the airport with just your suitcase.
Speaker 2: So,