Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome to Pink Shade. It's very pain here. It's Thursday. I've got my friend here, one of my besties and the biz and in real life my friend Cake Casey of Reality Life with Cake Casey.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me. Glad to be back. Glad to be back.
Speaker 1: Your hair looks really cute. Are you doing something different?
Speaker 2: No, it feels so dry underneath. I was just kind of playing with it. It feels like someone died underneath my hair and then there's still attached to it. I don't know. My hair goes through seasons all the time, but it is extremely thick and dense, and I have to get it thinned a lot o. Both my parents have very thick like Irish hair, yeah, which in theory would be a great thing but is actually kind of a headache. And I have four girls and they all have really thick care too, So there's just a lot of hair situations going on in the house. But you know what's funny, My number three is like she's twelve, sixth grade or she's obsessed with hair. She maakes up at six fifteen every morning and does a very complicated braid or hair style, and she just had her conference on Monday, and the teacher said, I just look forward to what new things she's gonna come in. She has coordinated bows, she does complicated braids, like she that's her thing.
Speaker 1: I can't braide my own hair. I can get into.
Speaker 2: The hilarity of it. Yeah, I've got my hair in like a low ponytail all the time, like an Amish woman.
Speaker 1: Me too, Like I can't even do my own little braid in my own hair. No, no, okay, well, good for her. That means she's artistic.
Speaker 2: I guess, huh, that one I think might run a company. She's really okay, she's very intense.
Speaker 1: Okay, she's not the twenty percent.
Speaker 2: She is the one. Yes, no, that is her. That's the funny thing. Yeah, she started. And this is just if you've got young moms listening, I hope that this makes them feel better. At the beginning of the year, I was really worried about her because she's we live in a different neighborhood than the actual school is located. All those kids from that school live in the neighborhood. We live outside. And the truth is, if you live outside the neighborhood, sometimes you've forgotten about for playdates. Yeah, so I worried about her and she wasn't invited to a couple of things. And I knew a couple of the moms in the grade, and I just said, I text them, I go, I just need you to let me know because I know that you will tell me. Is my kid an asshole?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: Because if they're a dork, I can work with that, but like an assholes, it's going to be scorched her. Then they're going to And they said, no, it's you know, and I realized it's we're out of the neighborhood thing. Cut too. I get a text from one of those moms about two weeks ago and she said, I just need you to know that the girls other girls were all in the car and they said that my daughter was their favorite in the entire grade because she's no drama. Oh you did notice she's everybody likes her so like she's everyone's favorite because she just stays out of everybody's business and she's super happy and supportive. And I think it goes back to me always thinking she'd run a company because she just doesn't get mired in people's nonsense business. She's all about the mission. Yeah, but that is funny. Yeah, she used to give thirty percent, and she's a dancer now, which is even more funny. Nobody about this, but you know, the point is for young moms where you're like, socially, I don't know what's going on with my kid, and this is so frustrating, and you cry yourself to sleep. Lord knows I have. I've got five kids. They have all of ebbs and flows. Something may turn a corner. It's like they have a playdate and they get find somebody who's their people. There's some life experience that gives them a bunch of confidence. Truly, you could turn a corner at any minute.
Speaker 1: Well, I agree with that, and I only have the two children. I'm an underachiever in the children department, and I agree with that. You never know, you never know. And also I'm always just of the belief of like, it'll turn out like it's supposed to do, They'll end up where they're supposed to, whatever will be, We're be and you can only control so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Again, very helpful for me to have friends who have older kids, because there are many times I'll call you about something and you'll go, okay, Well, here's the deal. You got to chill the hell out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's not important in the long run, you know. Yeah, Well, I got to tell you guys, we're here to talk about pop culture and Bravo and I'm gonna also be this week on Ice and Anna's podcast Reality Court, So be looking for me there to be chatting Bravo as well. So to do that, to get ready for this, I had to kind of catch up on Bravo because I was out of town, so I watched two episodes of Beverly Hills last night. I made sure I was caught up on Southern Charm, which I was. But we're about to enter a heyday of Bravo. We're about to have Atlanta, Rhode Island, the Valley for Rhode Island, and Ladies of London just started, so we're like, we're about to be like, you know, Bravo giveth and Bravo taketh Away.
Speaker 2: So I don't know if I'm so like, I'm not like chomping the bit for the Valley. I really like Ladies of London. I'm excited about Real Housewives and DA I guess the net is. I really like new people, new stories. I get very I wouldn't say bored, but I just sort of get like, okay, big Ben Parliament, where are we going with it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I agree. Well, Ladies of London, Keisha and are gonna be covering that on Mondays on the free Feed.
Speaker 2: Oh that's good.
Speaker 1: We just were like, because you know, we cover prisoner shows on Monday, MUK Shop Monday, but our prisoner show is off right now, so we were like, let's completely mix it around, so we're gonna call it like Monarch Monday. And I liked your Majesty Monday, and we also had Milady Monday, but I think we're gonna go with Marnock Mondays. But we I've only watched the first episode, even though they dropped two because we sort of decided at the last minute. I only had the you know, because I was out of town. I only had time to watch the first. But so far, so good. Next week we're going to cover two and three together. And Micah, the girl that Dara hates is that is so that scene with her like going in and talking to Dara and then everybody saying Darre really hates her and says she's cringe and all that I was like, oh, we've all been there, We've all been We've all been there, like oh, I got our friend, this is my friend, and then finding out they've really been shit talking to you and think you're annoying as fuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was talking to Louis Staples, who's a culture writer about yeah yeah show Yeah, and it was so funny to me thinking about, like the biggest cultural difference is in America, if you're self made, you are top of the tier, like you get the most respect. It's totally opposite there. Yes, it's like a neo baby there. You would want to be a neo baby like baby is like big time, but in America you're like shit on if your.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's really interesting, right, because it's also very interesting about Ladies London. If you guys aren't watching it, you have time to catch up. They only put out two episodes so far. On Thursday night they'll be the third and uh, I thought it was interesting about Emma, who is married to the baron or whatever higher than a baron, a marquis, marquise. However you say it, March March, Hanna, Marcella, No, but go ahead, Marchesa. I don't know I'm gonna have to bone up on it, but uh that she is actually the first black woman to marry in the aristocracy, not Megan mark Goal, and I loved that.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a difference. So Brian Moylan's husband broke this down to me. So there's the monarchy there, there's the aristocracy, and then there's social lights. So there's three different categories. So Megan Markle was monarchy and this is the aristocracy. And years ago during COVID, I tried to make a show about female CEOs in London and she was one of the people that we had kind of looked at because, as she describes in the first episode, you have these enormous family estates, yes, and you have to keep the lights on and if you don't, the government takes it back. Yeah, So the onus is on those people to maintain those homes. But a lot of them they have these fancy titles, but they don't have like a real skill set and they need to make money.
Speaker 1: They're like, I don't have any money, yeah, cash poor. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So she and the husband came up with this brilliant idea to have a safari and like tons of people go it's like a big thing to go on.
Speaker 1: The show over a million people a year ago. Yeah, to tour the home and to go in the Safari. And remember the first Ladies of London there was Juliet Montague never watched it. Oh, okay, so first season or the original season. I guess it was like season three.
Speaker 2: Juliet Montague joins she was an American and she married a brit and they have one of those estate homes. And I highly encourage people to go and follow her on Instagram. She years ago explained to me that whole thing about when you lose the house if you can't pay for it. So she started to make videos of renovating this home that had been in her husband's family for generations and generations. And then I think that I used to stay to her years ago. Man, this could be a TV show. I think that they actually have a TV show now and she has big groups that come and you can stay at the home. But the other thing I always said to her, which I guess it is hard to do, is you should have like a music festival because they have gigantic properties.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yes, and you also have to factor and you have to have restrooms.
Speaker 1: Right. Well, it's a lot to go into that fire festival. But I am Ladies of London. I like I said, only watch the one episode. I'm excited about it. Now the Valley, you're not excited about it. I am excited about the Valley. I am. I love those people. I'm Avander pump rules o G until I die. I don't know. I'll be old on my couch with these people, I guess. But I'm excited about it, and I'm going to be very interested. So Sheena is not going to be on the lala Is and I was kind of hoping they were gonna bring in this whole things between Sena and La La with you know, so.
Speaker 2: This show's coming back and Sheena is not invited to any of this stuff that's going to be a torturous for her.
Speaker 1: No, she was invited and she denied it.
Speaker 2: She was I know it's gonna be torturous. She's gonna regret that.
Speaker 1: She's going to regret it. When she decided it, she didn't think, well, it's not going to come out until a year from now, so I've got a year to But no, it was short sighted.
Speaker 2: That's actually the side reality show that I would want to be privy to is her melting down because she's gonna have so much to say? You know what? She can have her podcast, she can, you know she can. Yeah, she can review each episode. It actually might be better because she'll probably say things you know, no one else is willing to do so, and.
Speaker 1: She's not under contract with brother true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Okay, this is going to work out.
Speaker 1: Actually, listen to our podcast, Atlanta. I'm excited about that, mostly because I'm excited about the Porsche being in a lesbian relationship. I think it's fascinating. Good for her.
Speaker 2: She is such like a funny TV character, so funny.
Speaker 1: Really, I love I think Pader is also hilarious.
Speaker 2: Phaedra is an Olympic gold medal reality TV star ne Lee Gold Medals.
Speaker 1: Are totally totally. I'm glad we're gonna see Nani on this Ultimate Girls strip. Whenever that's gonna be. I don't when will that be? In the summer?
Speaker 2: You think? I don't think it's too far off. Chris, our friend Chris.
Speaker 1: He worked on it. I know, I know. God bless Okay, Rhode Island, what are you hearing about? Real Housewives of Rhode Island?
Speaker 2: I mean not much. But that could be two things. It could be like the sleeper hit, or it could be really bad. I don't know. I don't know anybody who's working on it.
Speaker 1: I know literally nothing about it. All I know about Rhode Island is Inkrid's brother in law and his husband, who are on the cruise with us, live in Rhode Island. And that's what I know about Rhode Island.
Speaker 2: It's so where like Newport, Rhode Island is so beautiful. My friend got married there. Actually, my friend I've been to Newport. My friend Kylie used to live here and then she moved to Newport and she became this big time, super successful real estate agent. But now she's moving to somewhere else. My friend Christine just told me because her husband like works in the boat industry. But I thought that she was actually going to be on the original or the I thought she would be a cast member. But she's moving. Well, I'll ask her, I'll find out.
Speaker 1: She'll know everything. She'll know everything.
Speaker 2: Sounds like this one is like not in Newport, Rhode Island. This is like in another suburb. But it's a bunch of like friends or family members, and I kind of I kind of wish there were two shows because I do like the super fancy people who are like uptight and have all these super scandals. But I do love a group of women who kind of live in the sub I live in suburbia, so I kind of dig this suburban, crazy parent kind of story.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, when you say Rhode Island, I mean it's the whole state, so you're not. It's like just then when they did Love is Blind, Ohio, instead of being like Columbus or Cleveland or whatever, they did the whole state. So Rhode Island, Yes, we unders and it's a very tiny state, but there are different cities.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that they kind of made it in the beginning. It was like a lot of landscape photos of like Newport, Rhode Island, the gigantic mansions. But I think in reality it's like, you know, live in these small neighborhoods. So for the people that are like, wait, housewives should be aspirational living, it's probably gonna be a bunch of people that are, you know, in Bezley money and like a true suburban story where you're looking at your neighbor like how do they afford that? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And you and by the way, aspirational is different for everybody, right, Like, yes, you know Cole Rich's life is aspirational, but you know you could look Intolor's Catania's life could be aspirational. You know, these are very different levels of wealth. Okay, let's talk about Summer House. So I don't watch it. I don't fuck a Summerhouse. Don't come at me. I'm also never going to watch Lost. Don't come at me. I'm not going to watch Wire either. I don't want to hear it, I know, Okay.
Speaker 2: I don't have time. I feel like that about Game of Thrones.
Speaker 1: I'm never gonna watch it.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry to watch it, forget it.
Speaker 1: My son watched it. He's obsessed with it that he started reading the books, like obsessed. So sorry, not going to do it. Okay. I don't want to see a girl fucking a dragon.
Speaker 2: I don't want just dragons. You lost me to dragon, lost me to dragons.
Speaker 1: Okay, but Summerhouse. I don't watch it, but I always like to talk to my guest about it because it is big in the Bravo world. So Kyle and Amanda are getting divorced. That's all I know about what's happening right now because Page is off and Page is like the only person that I knew right just didn't really mostly know herk as a crag. So what's going on in Summerhouse that you would like to speak on?
Speaker 2: Well, I would just say it's like two factions. You've got young people who are in the prime of their life in terms of social life and having a great old time. And then you have this old married couple who is unbelievably unhappy and on the on the brink of divorce.
Speaker 1: Old like they're in their forties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well maybe Amana is in her thirties, but Kyle's like forty two. But then you know, and then you juxtaposition with like a twenty eight year old who just wants to go to a bar, get wasted and be hungover the next morning. They are total totally different phases of life. And then in the middle it's this you know, long suffering wife Amanda, who I think looks to them from the window. She's like sitting in the window looking outside at a pool party. I want to go join the party, but my husband's in the shower and I have to talk to him in thirty minutes about the state of our relationship when all I want to do is get the hell out of here.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like that now sounds fun.
Speaker 2: They separated and there is some television show that they filmed after Summerhouse ended, like the City, which is going to be even worse than watching this because now you don't even have the fun people on the side of wh in the pool party.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: And I guess it's filmed with Carl's X who has a baby now, So I just don't think that's going to be super exciting. Okay, Now, Kyle, there was a rumor a couple of days ago that West, who is super hot and funny and normal and cool, that he and Amanda were hooking up. I think Dumois put it out and people within the Bravo sphere went absolutely shit. I don't think they probably did, I don't. I just don't. And then Kyle was asked about it. I't watched What Happens Live last night? Yeah, and he was diplomatic, but in terms of whether or not his infidelity, which was I would assume pretty prevalent, yes, rampant from the very beginning too, Like I think she knew he was a cheater, but still maybe you got married to him because one of two things she thought he would change, never will ladies and number two probably dangling the carred of will have this on the television show and you know, blah blah blah. People get sucked into that. So he was asked kind of like, do you think that your infidelity created problems in this marriage? Okay, is the sky blue? Is the pope Catholic? Sure, but Kyle kind of acknowledge of it. But he also said, I am now a proponent of living with someone before you get married. And what he means by that was he got married to her he thinks she's a slob, Like there's shit all over their apartment and she's lazy and doesn't pick it up. Okay, when he doesn't factor in is he's been cheating on her from the beginning and she's probably depressed and that's why she smokes weed all day and doesn't use a vacuum. Uh huh. So there you go. That's it.
Speaker 1: Very interesting. I'm always interested in people that live with somebody that is just such a slob.
Speaker 2: I don't get it.
Speaker 1: And then well I know you don't, and I'm a messy but I'm not a slob, but I do. I'm always surprised that people who have a level of just regular money don't have somebody come in twice a week and just be that person that just picks up all the shit and throws the laundry in and just spruces it up like every three days.
Speaker 2: But I also find there are people that don't. They look at they look at mess and they're like, what are you talking about? That is clean? But I mean, in fairness, I was brainwashed and boarding school too. It was like a military school where I had to do chores and like dust heaters and all of that. So I don't think I can ever like turn that volume down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's interesting and a lot of like really artistic people are messy. Like my sister's artistic and she's messy and like her office is like whoa, like whoa episode of Hoarders whoa. But then you know she does probably once a quarter have her organizers come in. They sit with the mess, they fix it, they fix it all up. It's good till the next quarter and they come in and they do it again. She's just like, I know that this is a problem. And other people don't want to look at it. She just keep it to the areas that other people don't see. So that's good. Okay, summer House, Okay, so let's talk about Southern charm just a little bit. So I have been It's hard for me to say this, but I've been a little impressed with Shep this season. And I know you're friendly with Shep, but I've also had an interaction with him that was left me rattled and grossed out. I'm not one of many, but I do think this season that he is trying to keep the gang together, keep it, you know, copasetic, because Craig and Austin hate each other and I don't know if they will ever be friends again. I think there's so much damage there, and I think eighty percent of the problem is Craig's lying and drinking. I think I think Craig fully doing a whole thing last season of like, I'm an addict. I can't go out all the time. I know you want me to be your buddy that go out and drinks, but I can't do that because I'm an addict. To this season to being like, what's wrong with going out and drinking all the time? I'm single, you wish you were single? Like what are you the same person? Like?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: And what Melissa said, your bish therapist, She was like, nobody seems to be grasping here that Craig said. Last season he's an addict and he can't drink, and this season he's out partying. Nobody's saying like, hey, my friend had a relapse.
Speaker 2: I think he's sort of like a Mary Cosby where everyone's sort of like afraid of getting into a fight with him. Yeah, it kind of just like you walk on eggshells. And I think he's like one of the I think he's like Kyle, where he like wants to remind you all the time, like I've been here from the very beginning. You need to follow my lead. I know, you know, I'm the reason you're all here, you know kind of thing. Does he feel that deep in his body? Maybe, but I think it's but it's only accentuated with the drinking and whatever. I don't know what other stuff, but you know, the worst part of somebody is the even worse when they're drinking. And I think that. And then I had Witner, who's on the show on my podcast today and I asked him about like what do we need to know about that meltdown? And he said, like in this yeah, he's obviously been drinking all day in the heat, Like that doesn't help things. But he said he's also when we were filming this, like deep into the pain of like the breakup with Page. And I think the part of that too is we forget that these reality stars think of themselves as brands, right, and he thought of himself as this like co brand, and now his ex while he's filming this show, is dating somebody who's bigger, better, better maybe in the public perception. She's getting so many unbelievable opportunities. She's on the red carpet of the Vanity Fair, you know, oscar party, she's getting commercials, she's getting that, and he is still on the same show. So a lot of that is projection, I think too, with Austin, like what have you done in the last five years? I think he's really just projecting his own insecurities because here's the woman that he thought he would marry and she's left him, and she's basically alluding to him being a nightmare, right yeah, oh yeah, And he's drinking, which he feels terrible about deep down because he knows he probably shouldn't be doing it. It's like a cauldron of things.
Speaker 1: M that's all true, I do. I think it is interesting to sort of and we saw this with lu Anne as well, to sort of announce, you know, I'm an addict. I can't drink da da da da, and then the next season be like, no, I never said that, everything's fine.
Speaker 2: You know. Actually it makes me sad.
Speaker 1: It's very sad. It's very sad. There's somebody else that did that exact same thing. I'm trying to remember who.
Speaker 2: Well. I think a lot of people beg the question can you be sober on a reality show? I mean, there was a lot Leah McSweeney and Bravo about this very same thing is that she feels like, you know, they made it seem like you can't be sober on a reality show, but you can.
Speaker 1: And she was you know what I mean, I know that, but I.
Speaker 2: Think people feel like saying this too, because I remember Bronwin said to me after she became sober, she said, I'm just I'm afraid no one is going to find me interesting anymore. Like in reflection years later, she's like, oh, my gosh, that was like such a big deal for me. Is she in her mind? She thought, oh my god, I'm so much fun to be around with. I was like, you're actually a nightmare.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But for her a little.
Speaker 2: Bit of time to kind of like shift that perspective. But her immediate worry was, well, like, I'm not going to have a job because I'm not interesting enough or funny or enough for TV.
Speaker 1: But so you think it's somebody like Margaret who's never had a drink.
Speaker 2: True, absolutely, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And she's great tell vision, great TV. So I mean, it definitely can be done. It just has to be a present that you're setting when you get there. Right. If you're lu Anne and you're falling in the bushes and you're super fun with your friends and then you're sober for a season, she was still interesting to me. And then when she came on Ultimate girlsrip was a block. I'm drinking wine because I'm in Thailand, Darling. Oh okay, well I didn't realize that the rules of alcoholism don't apply in another country. But you know, and then it's not a dress, which is just gives people things to talk about when it should be addressed. But I don't know. I don't know. I don't know how he got off on that, but Craig, I hate seeing him like drunk and sweaty.
Speaker 2: And maybe, by the way, I just want to say, yeah, it's only because he said I have addiction issues. Yeah, the otherwise I have no idea what somebody's sobriety is. Like I know that someone's totally person, no issue, but they're saying is that he And by the way, brave to brave of him for saying that, because I think that you know, when you're on a reality show, you kind of two things can be true at one time. Your ego kind of can be out of control, but you could also be the most insecure version of yourself too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I agree. Without that, I would never be on here talking about people's drinking and whatnot if they hadn't brought it up. Like I have so much to say about the Kieren yougre thing because I'm just with my mouth open, like, lady, what you know.
Speaker 2: I will remember that, Yeah, she had like a lot of drinks that night, right.
Speaker 1: The the Karen and the interview and the denial of it all. Lady you went to jail you got five DUI's like, come on, and she's like, well, I don't like to say I'm an alcoholic. I like to blah blah blah, and I like to go to n A and not a A. And You're like, huh yeah, So anyway, that's just that's just another hole to go down. But so other charm. I'm interested in it, the Charlie and Sally of it all. It is pretty interesting to me in that Sally bugs, like she's a pick me. She bugs, But it's interesting that they're all like, we told you, Charlie, and you did it anyway, But it's a lesson she had to learn herself. You know.
Speaker 2: Somebody can be very charming and you kind of sometimes.
Speaker 1: Well, Sally wanted Greg like bad, yeah yeah, but I think she just wants somebody.
Speaker 2: He's cute. I mean, I get it.
Speaker 1: He's very good looking, yeah, very good better looking than Austin to me, I think.
Speaker 2: I think Austin's more charming, though.
Speaker 1: I'd rather have a conversation with Austin probably.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now the Winner thing, I know you said you had an interview out with him. I'm fascinated by Whitner because he is tall, good looking, has a job, has a home, has a dog, has a nice family. Jimmy Buffett was his uncle. He's rich, rich, rich, and none of the girl.
Speaker 2: Well, he says, he's not rich or trich. He says like, I'm not a trust fun kid, like I gotta work.
Speaker 1: Well, we get that he works. We see him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I asked some of the how do you go? I'm just astounded that an attorney would go on a reality TV show, And he said, I think I came around to it because obviously he went to he went to law school with Craig, and Craig was close with Witner's sister. In fact, like took the sister as a date some onto some dance or something. So he's known Craig forever from from law school, and he's known Shep even I think before that, because their families kind of crossover, right, right, So the idea of him coming on the show predates a lot. Yeah, However, he said, I kind of came around to it for two reasons. One, I'm older, he's thirty six now, and he also, in addition having this law practice, he started this other business with a friend and he thought, Okay, maybe that would be good you know, to kind of got to promote that. And you know, the thing is, though he's very like like an trained attorney, you know, the sees both sides of the coin, so he's not over the top, like he's always trying to like come up with a solution. So it makes him kind of out in the sidelines a lot. He also said, it's hard to date there. I think that there's like a big age disparity. It's like, you know, a lot of young women there because of like College of Charleston. Yeah, but like everybody gets married so young there that like once you're like in your thirties, you're sort of like, well, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 1: Well, it's better than fucking Ravenel, who's you know in his probably totally.
Speaker 2: And he also I also asked him, is it hard to date now that you're on the show. Are you second guessing? Like, well, what is this about? He said, yeah, lately, I've really been feeling that a lot. And also he said his two sisters are mortified that he's on the show, and it's actually created a lot of problems.
Speaker 1: Well, his parents seem to be fine with it.
Speaker 2: They see he said, they're Yeah, but it.
Speaker 1: Was interesting when he was on Watch What Happens Live, and he was like, well, I've no Witner for years, because of course Andy's good friends with Jane and Jimmy Buffett, and I would see Whitner around be like, when you're coming on the show? When are you coming on the show. But I just don't understand why none of the girls are going for Whitner when he seems to have all this stuff going for him and isn't a fall down drunk.
Speaker 2: Because he's an asshole, because he's not like, he's not like powerful with a big Instagram. I gotta you know, we gotta don't forget. Like that's kind of like the problem with Southern charm is. I feel like part of the reason Sally's like a pick me is she wants to be page two point zero. I want to be like influencers and have a big followings. And he's just not like that. He's not like very self I think it's probably really hard for him to promote this T shirt business that he is with his friends. He's not very self promotional. And then I asked him about the fame stuff and he's like, I mean, these are the reality stars, Like we're no one like I've been around big time stars, like it's very easy to keep yourself in check when you remember, or like these are just reality stars. So he's probably a little bit of a buzzkill for somebody who's like, let's go out and we can be a we can be like a couple like Page and Craig.
Speaker 1: We'll find a different girl. I don't know. I just am always like, why aren't all the girls going for Whitner. I don't get it because I don't. I don't think the girls on that show want to be with like a normal guy, just any girl, any nice, normal thirty ish age appropriate.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there are girls that are trying to go out with him. He just doesn't talk about it, Okay, maybe sad like your son wouldn't talk about it either. He would tell me, he would tell you, but he wouldn't be on TV going I got these girls and they're all over me. That's not his son.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, he wouldn't. If he ever said that, he would be like joking.
Speaker 2: Nor would my son, my son's fourteen, but he wouldn't either.
Speaker 1: Okay, Beverly Hills. This week, I was interested in Erica Jane talking to her therapist about she was talking about the abuse, but I the money mess with Tom and you know, she hasn't talked about it in details, and she talks about how she handled it in the past, which is awful. We all can agree that she was terrible about that and because of her shock and you know, just the situation, and she was saying, you know, he left me with this ten million dollar bill and I've got twenty five million worth of lawsuits against me, like that is so overwhelming to think about. No matter what, you can have Witner, Jimmy Buffett money, and still that's a lot of That's a lot to think about it. I was very interested to hear her sort of openly saying like I'm just tired, Like yeah, yeah, you think I wonder why I'm not going to see this asshole, Like look at this mess.
Speaker 2: I wish she was like that from the beginning. But I guess if you live in survival mode your whole life, it's hard for you to turn that volume down too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, And I do hope that she's got this new, nice, normalish boyfriend that'll maybe keep her grounded. I don't know why, you know, even when she was being an asshole, I'm like, well, she's entertaining, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess I feel like she needs to be off TV, but she really needs the income.
Speaker 1: Not gonna happen. I thought the scene with Rachel and her kids was interesting talking about the divorce, and you could tell the older one, you know, because of the kid's ages and us being familiar with that, you could tell that the older one was not going to like engage so much in the conversation as the younger one would because it's on TV. But it was interesting that they were He was sitting there and they were like, oh, you just don't love dad anymore. And she was like no, it was interesting, you know. She was like it became news and the older kids like that's wild. It was in the news, Like.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know I feel about it. I'm kind of mixed because I'm thinking about ten years from now, this kid, these kids are going to be like to me, really have to talk about that on camera because now I'm asked about it all the time, And now I'm twenty five years old and I'm just trying to start my career.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think they live in such a different world, Kate. I think they live in such a world of they've always had these famous parents, and they've always had this, you know, and they might hang out with a lot of other kids that also have parents in the spotlight, and that's sort of more normal for them than it would be for other people. You know. Yeah, that's my thought process. But I thought it was interesting. And I think that she seems to have a good relationship with her kids.
Speaker 2: And she seems like a good mom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, And I thought it was fascinating that she's like, my husband's been with this other woman, you know, for a while, never brought this woman around the kids ever. And then when the one kid's going to camp and dad's you know, coming to say goodbye, and then he brings this woman and he's like, who's this stranger, I'm leaving to go to camp for a month.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, I would assume her fear is it's a slippery slope, Like it begins with the oh, this is my friend Alyssa. I don't know what her name is, and in a very short time, after all of a sudden, they're being forced to live with her. Maybe she has kids too, and then their entire safety of their home and feeling like their home is theirs becomes this stranger's home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's it's I thought it was interesting. She's like he had always been doing the right thing and never brought this woman around, or you know, we agreed we would talk to each other about it first, and then he just brings her to say goodbye at camp drop off.
Speaker 2: It could be that lady going, well, yeah, you know, where am I what's going on? Like are we going to live together? When? Am I gonna meet your kids? And then suddenly the agreement that he had with Rachel's thrown out the door, and he's trying to make this woman happy. Maybe he's afraid she's gonna leave home or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's crazy too. You think about like the two of them been together since college. Yeah, and he's going to jump right into another relationship. It seems he'd pull a Mauricio and just go catting around with whoever.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Sure, Rachel's like, who are you? I thought I knew who you were. It was sad.
Speaker 1: It was interesting too, about her bringing in her family to say like they've loved him like a child and they are devastated by what he's done. You know, that's an interesting aspect that we don't always see on these shows, right, we don't see we don't see the Mauricio and Kyle the other side of it, where their families are so close, and that's.
Speaker 2: In their Jewish family, and my Jewish friends have such tight relationships with their parents and their in laws.
Speaker 1: Like Relio or a Jewish family too.
Speaker 2: You're right, but I feel like, well, she converted. I find that the families like it's to both families are Jewish, like anevibly all hear oh, our parents are best friends and they go on vacations together. And I always laugh about that. I'm like, oh my gosh, like Protestants, that would never happen.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: I think it's very very intertwined. And so it's that's so painful because this husband, her husband was so so much a part of their lives. Again, you're looking at someone like I thought I.
Speaker 1: Knew you, right, and then the parents would be like we thought we And now you're acting like this, and you've got these kids who don't want to be around you, like when did this happen? And you feel like this person that has been at your table for thirty years is a total stranger.
Speaker 2: You know, also very hard to be the Antillery family members, and I've been there before, trust me, where you have to be very careful to never say anything negative about Yes, the children's parents.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you have to keep.
Speaker 2: Your feelings to yourself and you do not burden a child with your feelings about their parents.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Kyle and Jeripe thing, I kind of don't mind them calling each other out. I think it's I you know, like Kyla calling Bo's and being like she's got this spending issue, and the Bow's telling Jari like, actually, I didn't take it as her talking bad about you. I like I took it as her being concerned about you. And Dree It's like, well, when she you know, basically turned lesbian started exercising into tattoos, I didn't say anything. It's like what you're saying it.
Speaker 2: Now, those are two different things, right, Yeah, Like you're you're transforming into a different version of yourself because you're having a life crisis, or you are a horder and you have an addiction issue, a spending issue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did. It was when she was at Love Chef Fantasy in the Hamptons and she spent the five thousand dollars in the first credit card was declined and she's like, oh, I have to wait for the code, you know, because they send you a code to say was it huge? Oh they didn't send it. Let me just try another card. I was like, yeah, Peek doesn't look good.
Speaker 2: We never see her really, with the exception of one scene with Bose. You never really go into Durrey's house. So if she has a spending problem, I want to see, like is there the it's full like their boxes outside. Maybe they aren't. Maybe it's not as bad as it it's mean to seem, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well I think it was interesting too that Durite said Kyle is saying, you're basically saying something on camera that could affect my divorce, right, like by calling out that I have a spending issue. And that's kind of what they're doing on this show, is that there is that they're showing how they live and went to the Hamptons and they go spend all this money at the store desk, and then for Kyle to kind of be calling it out, She's like, that's actually going to be against me that she says.
Speaker 2: It seems she calls her husband an alcoholic, So like ing alcoholic again, back to our earlier point. Unless somebody announces that they're an alcoholic, I would not be calling them an alcoholic.
Speaker 1: I believe he did say he had a drinking problem.
Speaker 2: Nope. Never Well, when.
Speaker 1: They went to that dinner that time where they clearly hated each other, he wasn't drinking and she's like, do you mind if I drink? He's like, I don't care. They talked about AA and the stuff.
Speaker 2: He has never said he's an alcoholic.
Speaker 1: Well he's out partying now, so there you go.
Speaker 2: Does that mean they're an alcoholic? Though?
Speaker 1: Uh, it doesn't. But I don't think she pulled that out of her ass, do you know what I mean? I think we saw that he has some kind of problem. I think my opinion that he seems to me to have some sort of problem. Now, maybe his problem stemmed from her, you know, maybe he was like, I gotta eat chips and get drunkcause she drives you crazy.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't you know. I'm not a giant PK fan. I know that you are more of a PK apologist than I am. I don't enjoy him.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say I'm an apologist. It's just I've heard his side of the story a little bit more so I try to look at it from both sides, because the fortunate part is it's just a woman's point of view. Yeah, and sometimes, you know, I try to be mindful of that, like you know, the other there is another side of the coin and all of this. You saw that a lot when you saw Mauricio's show on Netflix with his daughters, because and then you're like, oh, well, there is a whole life outside of just the narrow point of view of the housewife. Although I love housewives because that point of view is rarely shown and in any other media form, like you don't see it in movies. A fifty year old woman is not really the featured character of a lot of TV shows and movies. So I do I love that, but I also know that there is like the other side of it.
Speaker 1: I got to say that Bo's just sort of openly really hating Amanda is giving me life. I think it's pretty hilarious. I think it's pretty hilarious. And I go back to that scene at.
Speaker 2: Like corporate life versus you know somebody who like somebody who's telling you that they're so big, they're such a big deal in business, and you're like, okay, we're where are all the articles about you? We're all the client testimonials that are not like a suburban person who has like a it's like a personal trainer, like what's your corporate relevance? I love that because that's anybody who's worked in corporate America's like, yeah, let's dig into that.
Speaker 1: I love the scene and I've brought this up several times of Bo's and Rachel Zoe and what goes around comes around. The store in La that I went to last time I was there had the same salesperson, and I love the scene of them in that store and Bose is trying to explain to Rachel what Amanda does. And these are two like business women, yes, and Rachel's going, I don't get it, and she goes, she teaches you how to manifest money and she goes, but I don't get it. I thought, wait, she's a manifesto. She's like, yeah, she wrote a book on manifest and she's like, I don't get it. And it was like who's on first, Like she's trying to explain it to her. She's like but how's that her business? And Bo's like, I don't know, you know, yeah, and seeing.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like a preacher telling the congregants like, if you just pray, all of a sudden, you're gonna have money in your bank account.
Speaker 1: Well there are preachers that say that, and it's horrible. Yeah, like if you just if you just pray about it and you just are act right, the money will come to you. Well, lots of people pray and act right. And are you know homeless, dead broke? I mean, so you know, un hoow's you're supposed to say?
Speaker 2: Kate?
Speaker 1: So I find that super interesting. Okay, did you watch The Persian Valley?
Speaker 2: I haven't watched it in a little bit, so you need to catch me up. Although I really like the new cast cast of characters. I find them interesting.
Speaker 1: I don't know how many episodes there were, but I do know that I didn't watch the last three, and because I was like traveling and stuff and trying to keep up with work, I didn't get a chance. But they're on my DVR, so I am going to watch the last three. I liked it. I speaking of reality gold, you know, like anity leaks or a phaedra Reza. He's made for reality TV. He really is. He's great.
Speaker 2: I'm still troubled by him saying such awful things to MJ years ago about terminating and pregnancy. I can't get past it.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. But the I think that that original Shaws group got so caught up in their fame and there's being on a show and everything. I think that a lot of them were taken down mini pegs when the show was canceled, and I think that a lot of them had to sort of pull themselves up by their bootstraps and try to live in the world not being on reality TV. So I think that Persian Valley sort of highlighted that a little bit, you know. And I liked it a lot. I like again, I'm behind a few episodes, I think three, and they had the finale. But I did like the cast. I liked the good looking guys. I like the one I've had the interesting story about his wife had passed.
Speaker 2: Away, so I interviewed it's lovely, Yeah you know his wife. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I liked them a lot. So if you guys don't know, if you live under a rock, Kate has a substack called what to watch this week? Yeah, to watch lists. You can see it on reels, you can see it on TikTok, you can see everywhere. You can subscribe.
Speaker 2: It's very important that people do that. Like, oh, you just go to Kateksey dot substack dot com and you just put your email in it because you get every week you get that list. But I also have like lots of other stuff on There are books to recommend. Yeah, articles I've written.
Speaker 1: As you've written, and stuff like that. So tell me what are we watching? Okay, and then kind of next week too, because this comes out Thursday.
Speaker 2: Well I can tell you about this week right now. Oh no, okay, here are a couple of things I want you to watch. Okay. Number one obviously Love is Blind the Reunion. We're all gonna be watching that, and we're walking. Can't wait for that. Yeah, okay, three part doc series on Apple TV Plus. It's called Twisted Yoga. And there are a group of yoga studios that were throughout Europe. They had different names, same organization, but different names in each country and they were all created by this man named Gregorian Bivalaro or the Or. The practitioners would call him Greek and he became this like you go, you go guru figure, and he was from Romania during the collapse of communism. He created these yoga centers and people flocked to it because obviously the light in the darkness. Here's the caveat he and it's like this esoteric it's like yoga with this esoteric TNTRA aspect to it. So you're getting women to come in and then they're taking classes and then they want to be teachers, and it's this two year process and it's part of the teaching. You know, once you're comfortable, he's throwing in, you know, all this TNTRA stuff that you should be doing, and then you are being pushed to have these sexual experiences, like all the women have to kind of like hook up with each other kind of thing. Yes, and then it turns into oh, but they're talking about him like this, this figure, like this ball of energy. Well have you ever met him? Would you be interested in meeting him? And then it turns into oh, you're gonna be going to France to get to meet him. And then when you go there, your your passport's confiscated and then you have to have sex with them. Oh the other thing the women would have to like all it was like almost like an orgy. They would all have to pee into like a bucket, and then they would take like a dropper and then you would have to they would put like little droplets of the pee in your water to hydrate you because it's a shared you know thing from everyone's right throw it's bonkers anyway. It's three episodes because it's because it kind of breaks down like a true crime series, but it's also kind of experiential because they all these victims kind of walk through how they get sucked sucked into it, like a lot of it does kind of have the feeling of like anxium thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it sounds a lot like this podcast I'm listening to that I just got finished with. I think it's called Garden of Evil, and it's about this Zion cult of Zion that was sort of in these neighborhoods in Utah, and it was these like super manicured like Disneyland. Like it was like you would turn the corner and be like whoa, and did I go into a theme park? And all the houses look so perfect, but like one house is where they keep all the weapons, and another house is where they keep all the food for you know, six ways. And then there's one leader. And then of course eventually everybody's gotta being that guy. Yeah, even the children. Oh boy, wowser's okay. And then they take the children away from the parents and those children live in one.
Speaker 2: House okay, and then he can go to the house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, it's an it's similar except their children involved, which is terrible. But it was all about how it all got, how they got the guy and how they got into like but okay, Apple TV twist So Apple.
Speaker 2: TV three three episodes is called Twisted Yoga. I really highly recommend on Netflix Dynasty the Murdochs about Rupert Murdoch and his three kids. Watching I was like, I know you thought I'd mean, I know everybody thought that, but no, this is about the finance and media family. Okay, highly fascinating. I mean a boy was his wife just a knockout his first wife and what you went through Anna Tour No, actually she's the second wife. Prudence was the first second one, Prudence, No, that was the daughter he was married a first time that he married Anna Tour who was a model, and then she had Alauchlann James, and Elizabeth.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: So it's going to go through the family's history and then it's like succession. It is succession. Okay, so I highly recommend that too. I have found that to be most interesting. Now I haven't watched yet. When people say it was on my list the expose on the Doctor Phil show, but it's on the E network, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've heard that's good as well. I'm kind of like I've watched Doctor Phil for all those years, so I need to watch this show.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Well, it's kind of sad too, because I mean, Oprah put him on a pedestal.
Speaker 1: I know. But listen, don't you dare say anything bad about Mike Queen Oprah. Don't you dare? Don't you dare? Okay, now, remind everybody about your show again. Where to find your subseec or with your list all the things, let's.
Speaker 2: Hear it, Okay. Reality Life with Kay Casey podcast six days a week Monday, I tell you what to watch, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday interviews with executive producers, directors, and talent. Saturday episodes are with Somebody Who's Got a great personal story this week is actually a classmate of mine from the Milton Hershey School who works for Google and he does all the AI stuff. He's the Stanford professor. He wrote a book about resilience, so like why some people who have really hard childhoods are resilient and successful. And then next after week after that, I have Corey Larkin who actually lived like in the next neighborhood and she is a self made chef or cook and exploded on Instagram and just the kind of like how that happened? Okay, So in addition, Katekasey dot substack dot com, you get the list of all the things to watch each week, So you're going to be the most fun person at a dinner party because you'll have so much to talk about.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, and next week they're up. They start the Untold series Untold Stories and sports. So like, let's say you're not really a sports person. You're going to go to a party or go to dinner with your spouse or your coworkers or whatever, and then you start talking about the Untold episode that week. They're going to think that you're pretty fantastic.
Speaker 1: I gotta tell you, Okay, all right, Kate's trying to help you.
Speaker 2: Into the podcasts and check me out on Instagram at kk Cca, TikTok It's Kksey, Twitter threads, and Blue Sky at k Casey.
Speaker 1: Kate and I also had a limited series that appeared on her Patreon and my Prime uh called Tell Me Everything, where each week we alternated telling each other an interesting story and there were stories about our lives. You're just stories that were like murder stories that we were interested in. And we'll probably bring it back in the summer.
Speaker 2: So that was I gotta tell you, I got it. I got one for you.
Speaker 1: Don't say it.
Speaker 2: I told you to high school. I can't wait.
Speaker 1: I told you the one that I was thinking of because I want you told me and I'm excited. Yeah, I want to a pre plan if we're going to do it this summer, we had a pre planet. I got to get through this. You know, Love is Blind UK is coming in August.
Speaker 2: So, oh, do you think it's going to be as good as this last season? Because I highly I thought it was highly entertaining the Ohio. I thought it was really entertaining.
Speaker 1: I can't wait for the reunion. Now while we've been recording, they had a thing that came out at twelve thirty where you could watch all the reunion and stuff early. I did RSVP for it, So I don't know if that means I'm going to go to link and I can watch it early. Otherwise it's on at nine pm tonight Wednesday night. My recap of Kisha will be out sometime afternoon on Thursday night nine pm.
Speaker 2: That meaning like for you, I can watch that at six correct. Wow. See ye just have to watch it in the phone or on my phone in the car because I have to do like dance pickups and stupid stuff.
Speaker 1: Not that you would ever watch something while you're.
Speaker 2: Driving, No, no, no, no, When you're like sitting in the parking lot, you're like waiting, Like she's got a thirty minute practice. Is that the dumbest thing you've ever heard?
Speaker 1: It is because it's that's thirty minutes of driving to do a thirty minute practice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just sit in the car and you wait. Yeah. I would like the good people listening to know that so many of your listeners are so funny. Yes, the comments that they leave in your Facebook group. I will be sitting at a dance competition this weekend and I will be in your group and just reading through stuff because I have the time to sit and really just enjoy the hilarity of the astute of observationalists. The listeners of Pink Shade podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they are funny.
Speaker 2: They are on me.
Speaker 1: They put stuff out there. I'm like, oh my god, it's hilarious because the shows that we cover in the ninety Day, the Love Jog, the people are just so wild that you just like, what else are you going to do?
Speaker 2: But laugh? What else are you going to do? Also, your listeners have had vibes well lived. And when you have life well lived, you notice stuff that other people don't. And that is the best part, the funniest, amazing. Here's to a life well lived that lines on your face, lots of friends, it experiences, and you know all the things that come when you have a life well lived, the ups, the downs, the pain, the victory, all of it.
Speaker 1: I agree with all that. I'm trying to get rid of the lines on my face. But other than that, yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: All right, everybody, make sure you're following Kate and make sure you subscribe to her substack so you can get the what to watch list because it comes to my inbox, and even though I could just call you and ask you, I enjoy reading it on my inbox.
Speaker 2: Thank you appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Okay, bye, Thanks,