Speaker 1: Something you should go. Something you should know is brought to you by GENESISGOLDIRA dot com. That's also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan. I'm the gold Standard. Learn more and get a free Gold and Silver guide at genesisgoldr dot com. Excited to have Danielle Robey join us today. She's a TV host, a journalist, a podcaster. She's known as the Queen of Questions, and she has people on her show all the time where she gets to ask questions. Danielle, you get to be on my program today, I get to ask you questions.
Speaker 2: What is that like?
Speaker 3: It's super weird. It's actually harder to be a guest, don't you think.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, anytime I'm in the spotlight, I'm like, oh, now I know what they feel like because we're.
Speaker 3: Used to asking the question. So can I ask you one?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Ask me anything?
Speaker 3: Okay, what have you bookmarked this week?
Speaker 2: Sedley?
Speaker 1: I haven't bookmarked anything in a book in a long time, but I feel like my entire life I'm bookmarking things. I have all kinds of stuff, whether it's emails. I need to get back to things. I need to get back to projects. I need to get back.
Speaker 3: To you bookmark them on your phone. That's funny. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'll send myself email reminders to do something. Then I'll look at it a week later and go, hey, I should have done that, like a week ago.
Speaker 3: I know. I always do that on my phone. I save everything on Instagram like I'm going to come back to it, and I don't think I've ever looked back.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Hey, let's talk about your podcast. This is really cool. How the world did this get started?
Speaker 3: Well, the beginning beginning was Reese's book Club. So years ago restarted her book club everybody knows it as RBC and each month she picks a book to highlight and it changes these authored lives like you know. It becomes an instant bestseller. And her goal initially was to give great writers the shine that they deserve and also put money in their pockets, which I always love that mission. And last year I got to launch Hello Sunshine's first podcast, and when they were launching the Reese's book Club podcast, which is now bookmarked, they came calling because they know that I am such an avid reader. I started as a fan read every Reese's book Club pick. I was scrolling over TikTok bee diving into fan theories. I really started as a fan.
Speaker 1: I think that was really smart because you live that life, you know it. It's not just some voice from somewhere.
Speaker 2: You live it.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And you know what, I there's one hundred and one billion impressions for book Talk, and I just want to share another statistic to sort of drive that point home. Beyonce has about twenty billion, and we all know how many people love Beyonce. So book talk has just exploded, and I was on there scrolling, thinking there needs to be content for everybody who is so obsessed the way that I am.
Speaker 2: I want to talk to you a little bit about Larry King.
Speaker 1: We're going to come back to that because I know he was a big influence in your life. And you can tell when I look at what you do. You're so good at asking questions. So I'm going to ask you one what would a twelve year old version of you think of all the cool stuff you get to do if you had a chance to talk to that twelve year.
Speaker 3: Old Speaking of questions, that's such a nice one. Thank you for asking that. You know, I think she'd be really proud of me, mostly because I had to take a lot of big swings and risks to get here. There were many times where I didn't know how I was going to pay my rent the next month, or you know, crying on my kitchen floor because someone at work was mean to me, or you know, like I'm such a Midwest girl. I like everyone to be nice. So I think she would be proud. And you know, Larry actually was my mentor, so I hope he would be proud to I always use a microphone that he signed for me, and I hope that it's sort of like his blessing.
Speaker 1: You know, I recently had a chance to speak at a thing called disrupt HR and I actually brought Larry King up in that presentation because he was so good at asking questions. And he said, the two most important words are tell me, so tell me about this, tell me about that. He said, the three most important words are tell me more. And Danielle, you do such a good job from the Larry King school of broadcasting. You do such a good job of asking great questions. And I think Larry would be very proud of you.
Speaker 3: Thank you for saying that. I learned from He really shaped how I ask questions because I used to strictly follow my curiosity, and now I do that. But Larry taught me to always personalize the question, and especially if you're talking to politicians, you can't let them get out of the question, and so there's like, you know, there's no wiggle room there. But thank you for acknowledging the tell me more. I always think I learned that in therapy because my therapist will say, say more about that. Do you have any tricks of the trade?
Speaker 2: Boy?
Speaker 1: I don't know if I'm the right guy to ask, but one of the things that I would say is stay inquisitive, you know, continue to be intrigued. And there are times that I don't do a ton of research on something because if I know too much about it, I'm not going to ask the right question. So I almost think it's better to not know everything about the person I'm going to talk to, because then I can ask them and I can learn at the same time that my listeners learn that, ooh, that's so good.
Speaker 3: Isn't it such a gift to be curious? I feel like Charmed are the curious because we get adventure.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, I think curiosity is a huge, huge thing in our line of work, and if people are curious about what you do, how do they find the podcast? Where can they go to listen to Danielle do what she does?
Speaker 3: Thank you? It is streaming anywhere you get podcasts, and I'm at Danielle Robe Roba y and I always say that good books and good shoes take you places. They are like a portal. They take you on screen and across continents and into love stories. So if you want to time travel with me, head over to Bookmarks and come join the club.
Speaker 2: I love that. Danielle, thank you so much for the time today.
Speaker 3: Thank you. You're so wonderful at what you do. Thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: Oh shucks.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna throw a lig to make it easy for you to find Danielle's podcast. I've got a link at Facebook dot com slash Sunny Radio and Facebook dot com slash siou Falls News.
Speaker 2: Hey, Something you should Know.
Speaker 1: Something you Should Know is brought to you by Genesis goold r dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold Standard. Get a free gold and Silver guide now at Genesis gooldra dot com