Speaker 1: The following is a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power. This month is Health and Wellness Month. What is health and wellness? What does that mean? In my opinion, it's all about prevention. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. The modern medical model is all about treating symptoms. Right, So you have uh sleep, sleeping problems, take a sleeping pill, take this ambient. If you have you know, anxiety, take this pill. Take a xanax. You have diabetes, take me foreman. You got high cholesterol, take a lipotoire. Right, So there's a draw ug that goes with the diagnosis you have. Add here's your adderall, here's your riddlin. You got depression, here's your lexipro. So it's a pretty easy game when all you gotta do is give a pill for each condition. But the easy way isn't the right way. The hard way is the right way. The hard way is getting to the root cause of the problem and changing your lifestyle or your habits, or working on your weak links. If you get to the root cause of the problem, stop what's aggravating you, take care of any damaged areas. Then you don't need to take pills, you don't need to see doctors, you don't need to do all these tests. That is health and wellness. They should not be calling you know, uh, insurance healthcare. That's that's it care. That's when you're sick. Healthcare is focusing on the stuff they don't tell you about. But I'm going to tell you about it. And there's seven important factors that are going to improve your brain, improve your body to prevent future problems such as heart disease, diabetes, cancer, obesity, dementia, Alzheimer's, weak immune system, allergies, add low motivation, fatigue. We don't want to treat these problems by covering up the symptoms. If you have if you're tired in the morning, what do people do to cover up their symptoms? Drink a cup of coffee? Is that really fixing the root cause? Yes, it's giving you little burst of energy, But is that real energy? No, it's fake. Right. If you have trouble sleeping, what do people do they might take a melatonin that's not good. Even if it helps you sleep, You're actually not getting to the root cause of the problem. True health and wellness is changing your bad habits improving it on your own. So you don't have symptoms to cover up with a pill or an herb or a supplement or medicine or some injection or some iv Those are just covering up symptoms. Don't be in the medical mindset. Don't take a pill or an herb or homeopathic remedy to cover up a symptom. If you have low energy in the morning, you got to figure out why do you have low energy in the morning. Maybe you're not sleeping well at night. That's the biggest cause, right, So what do you have to do to improve your sleep? Maybe you have to walk outside during sunrise and sunset so you see the sun coming up and coming down and get in a good circadium rhythm. So if you have difficulty with sleep, that's the first thing I would do. Ten minutes every morning you walk outside during sunrise. Outside, don't look out the window. You have to go outside for ten minutes if it's sunny, and if it's cloudy, twenty minutes. Now you have to do the opposite ten minutes during sunset and relax your brain say okay, good, Now I could chill out and get some good sleep. So you have to do the work. You got to get a root cause of the problem. May you have low energy in the morning, not necessarily because you're a bad sleeper, but you have poor digestion and you didn't break down the food that you ate yesterday to produce energy for you. Or maybe you ate too late at night and then you used up energy breaking down the food while you're sleeping. You should only eat four hours before bedtime. Don't eat after four hours before bedtime. Then your food has to digest and it's gonna drain. You have energy, and you might wake up fatigued. It could be sleep, could be poor digestion, could be eating too late at night. Your cortisol levels could be off. So we want cortisol high in the morning and low at night. If your cortisol is high at night, when you wake up in the morning, you're gonna have low energy. Now, what's the cause of high cortisol at night? Electronics? So if you're watching TV before bed, you're scrolling on your phone before bed, you're on your iPad before bed, you're on the computer, you're on social media, any smart device amidst a blue light. Whi's going to increase cortisol, which is the stress hormone, and that's going to prevent you from re energizing at night. It's when we fill up our tank. But if you're not re energizing at night, you're not gonna wake up ready to go in the morning. So again, you gotta get to the root cause of the problem. That's health and wellness. All right, What if you have headaches. We see a lot of patients with headaches. But what does the medical doctor do. Just give you a headache medication. Here's your etcrin, here's your migrate mads, take an ass brain call me in the morning. Nope, don't do it. Those medications are just covering up the symptoms. You gotta get to the root cause. Could be a tension headache where you have this band around your head, and you might need to decrease your overactive sympathetic nervous system which is increasing your blood pressure, which is creating more tension in your head. Get a band around your head. Could be a stress headache, so you're gonna have a tention headache, or you gonna have a stress headache. Stress headache so when your muscles are too tight and they're pulling on the back of your head, you you feel this achy pain in the back of your head. That's a stress headache. For that, we have to do what it's called active release technique, will remove certain muscles and positions of the joints to dig into the fibers to break them up so they're not stressed out and pulling on your head as much. It's totally different type of treatment than a tention headache. Well, we gotta reduce the tension and the pressure by working on your power sympathetic nervous system, so you can have a tension headache. You gonna have a stress headache, you have a migraine headache. Migraine headache is that sharp pain behind your eye, light sensitivity, nausea, turn off the lights, you're out for a day, that's a migraine migraine headache. We have this great technique, insulfration technique. There's only about fifty people in the whole world that do it, where we have this instrument that pumps air into your ear to get rid of migraine on the spot. Now, we always want to, you know, work on the oxygen when we're worried about migraine headaches. Migraine headaches are lack of oxygen and blood flow into the head. So then we gotta get to the root cause. We gotta focus on getting blood flow and oxygen into the head. That's for migraine. Cluster headaches. Those are bad too that you might get it for weeks in a row. Migraine is usually only like a day. Cluster headaches you could go for a week, two week, three weeks straight with a headache. Those are really bad. Usually the root cause of that is something that you're putting in your body. Could be cigre those cause cluster headaches, or coffee or alcohol. You know, it's usually something bad. Sometimes it's medication. So what we want to do is work on the root costs. You might have to quit smoking, you might have to quit coffee, you might have to quit drinking, you might have to quit sugar. So that is when it causes the root cause of the problem, that's a cluster headache. You want to get to the root cause you got to stop the bad habits. Sometimes it's preservative sometimes it's bad oils. I had a patient that I helped with cluster headaches a month ago, and we had to get rid of all the bad oils in his diet. That's what it took. So it's not always cigarettes or alcohol or coffee or you know, sugar. It's actually sometimes oils. Sometimes it's artificial sweeteners splendid sweet and low aspartame, diet soda, diet snample, diet coke, all that stuff. The gums are all full of that stuff. There's a lot of crop out there, but sometimes you need to avoid it. You gotta avoid it. Those energy drings, some of them have cyanide in it. Look at your ingredients. See what's in that stuff that you're putting in your body. All right, So the less toxins you put in the body, the easier it is to heal its well. Teach you this stuff so that you can improve your body, improve your brain function, get to the root cause of problem so that you prevent future problems. Therefore you'll function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan. More when we come back from the break.
Speaker 3: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion to energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases that this is the show for you. Don't mis boost your brain power with doctor Eric Caplan and you will learn natural, integrative, and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact doctor Caplin, you can call his team at two oh one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplindc dot com.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan. You're listening to boost your brain power. This month is health and Wellness month, so we want to get to the root cause of the problems. Before the break, we were talking about headaches. To get to the root cause of the headaches. And there's all different types of headaches, migraines, clusters, tension, stress headaches, there's sinus headaches. Sinus headaches usually will be like there's four sinus points. There's two above your eyebrows and two below your eyes, so I might have to do a sinus release. I have an instrument that helps to eliminate all the sinus pressure, all the toxins. So if you get to the root cause of problem, you don't need to take the medicine. You don't need to take the herbs or the supplements. Many people love popping pills. Stop being a pill popper. God gave you this amazing body to heal its own, and it gave you this amazing earth. It's full of fruit and veggies, and the sun to give you vitamin D, the air to breathe, water to drink. It's all here. Don't complicate it. It's easy to be healthy. Do it the way they've always did it, where they're playing outside, eating real food, having fun. Don't forget to have fun. There's twenty four hours a day, eight hours of sleep. Eight hours is work. Gotta work for it. Life isn't easy. Eight hours is fun. You gotta enjoy life. We have to enjoy the time you're here. You're not here that long on earth. Have some fun. Stop just watching TV and working. It's not a life. Experience life, be with people and friends and family, and visit places and explore the earth. Twelve vacations a year, I mean this year alone, been so many places. I've been to Jamaica. I've been to the Dominican I've been to Barbados. I've been to Mexico. I've been to Dallas. I've been to Florida, been to We're going to a couple of weeks. I'm going to Amsterdam, I'm going to Paris, going up to I went up to Lake George last month. We go so many different places. Go to Delaware River, we go camping, were going to Catskills, go to the Jersey Shore Fire Island. Actually taking more than twelve doesn't have to be a whole week or two weeks. It could just be for the weekend. But why are we here on this earth. It's not to watch TV, go on Facebook, work, eat and sleep. Just to experience life. Get out of the house. Your house is for sleep, that's it. You should be out and about all day long, experiencing life. Don't buy people materials or presents. Do something with them. Take them to a show, do a little dance lesson, go to a concert. Try and do something where you're not sitting. Go to the rodeo, go to medieval times, go to Disney World, go to Great Adventure, go hiking and kayaking, go biking. Take some lessons, learn how to sew, join a book club, learn a new language, learn an instrument, learn how to play the ukulele or the harmonica. Read some new books. People don't read anymore, start reading again. Could learn so much from books. You could do audible books too. You know, if you have a commute to work, do audible books. Don't always just listen to the news or the radio, or you put on your music or your Spotify. Learn something. You gotta keep learning. You don't want dementia alzheimers. You gotta learn new stuff every day. Gotta do new things, Gotta go to new places, meet new people. Use that brain. You're always on these smart devices. Your brain gets worse. It's called digital dementia. Do you want dementia? I don't. Got to stay away from the devices. Gotta be social, don't be at home, you can't sit called the twenty rule. Never sit for more than twenty minutes. The twenty rule. Every twenty minutes, you get up for twenty seconds, you walk twenty feet and you look twenty feet away. The twenty rule. It will change your life. I don't care if you're working, you're eating, you're reading, you're studying, you're at the computer, you're watching TV, you're on the airplane, on the bus. Every twenty minutes, you get up and move your body. You use it or you lose it. Health and wellness is about prevention. Now let's cover the seven key pillars to success of health and wellness. Number one, which we spoke about a little bit already, is sleep. You gotta get your seven to eight hours of sleep a night, and you want to sleep when it's dark. So idealistically you're sleeping from ten to six, or if it's the summertime, the sun comes up a little bit earlier ten to five. At your seven hours in the summer eight hour in the winter. You go to bed early, you wake up early. When you wake up, exercise right away. That's when your cortisol is highest. We said before go outside during sunrise, you gotta do computer work. You do it in the morning, not at night. We want that cortisol high in the morning, So get that light. Get the sunlight, the computer screens, whatever it is, the TV, check your messages, your iPhone. Do it in the morning. That's when you need the light. That's when the blue light is not harmful. The blue light's only harmful at night when the sun is down. People think blue light is always harmful. No, it's only at night when the sun's down. The sun emits blue light. That's why the sky is blue and the water is blue. Blue light is healthy during the dead when we want cortisol high. During the night, we want cortisol low. That's all you're gonna get good sleep. So you don't want to have TV at night, specially you don't want to watch the news. That's more stressful, more cortisol. Stay away from the news. Turn off the news. It's not real. They have their agenda. They're not telling you what's real. It's not the news. It's not keeping you informed. It's keeping you misinformed because they're only telling you the little tidbits that they want you to know, so you're actually not informed. People have this big misconception that they have to watch the news to be informed. The more people that watch the news are the least informed. Stop watching the news, and you'll become more informed than ever. You'll start understanding how the real world works, now, how people are telling you to believe. You want to have good sleep, stop watching the news. You want to reduce anxiety, stop watching the news, Stop reading the newspaper, Stop going on social media where everyone's posting the news. If you want to be stressed and you all want good sleep, fine watch the news. If that's your goal is to be stressed and not have good sleep and have more anxiety, more depression, horrible mood, low energy, watch the news. If you want have less anxiety, less depression, more energy, better sleep, better brain function, then you'll turn off the news, and you'll turn it off knowing the fact that it's not informing you of anything. They're just trying to put you in fear mode and make you think that you need the government to help you, or you need the pharmaceutical companies to help you get healthy. I was away on vacation last week. I was in a Dominican My kids, you know, they love soccer and basketball. They love running. So, uh, we don't have cable in our house, but we run vacations. In the hotel room, they had TV. So my son was like, Daddy, can we please watch the Olympics? So I said, sure, let's watch the Olympics. The first thing that he noticed was that almost every commercial was a drug commercial, a pharmaceutical commercial. My ten year old son, he goes, Daddy, why are there so many drug commercials? We don't watch TV, so he's never seen this before. It's insane how many drug commercials are. And it's insane that people would want to take these medications when they list all the side effects, and why is a pharmaceutical company advertising a drug should just be prescribed if the doctor tells it. It should not be if the commercial tells you to, or if your governor president tells you to take a drug. The only people that should be telling you to take drugs or medicine are your doctors. It shouldn't be from a commercial. Every country in the world has banned pharmaceutical commercials. Accept America and New Zealand, that's it. Every other country has banned pharmaceutical commercials because they know that it just makes the country more sick. So turn off the news, turn off the commercials. If you want to function better, feel better, and live a better life, this is doctor Eric Kaplan. More when we come back from the.
Speaker 3: Break, don't miss Boost your brain Power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost It's your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six one two one five zero or email info at Kaplan, brainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Kaplan, or visit kaplandc dot com for more information.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power. This month is Health and Wellness Month. True health and wellness comes from healing within your body has the power to heal itself. You don't need all these doctors and pills to fix you, but you gotta work for it. The more work you put in, the more healthy habits you do, the more p the intitive measures you take, the least chance you have of developing some neurological disorder, some you know, gas intestinal disorder, some cardiovascular problem, obesity. There's all types of things that you can avoid by making the right decisions today. So the first important factor or pillar of your health and well being that we spoke about already with sleep. The second pillar to natural health and wellbeing is water. You have to drink half your body weight of water in ounces. So if you weigh one hundred and twenty pounds, you have to drink sixty ounces of water every single day. If you weigh two hundred pounds, you have to drink one hundred ounces. Always drink water on an empty stomach, drinking a half hour before each meal. Your brain is like a grape. When it gets dehydrated, it shrivels up into a raisin. Do you want your brain to be nice and juicy and big and round, and you're gonna be all small and shriveled up an atrophed well. One way to prevent that atrophe, to prevent dementia Alzheimer's is to stay hydrated half your body weight in ounces. If you work out, you have to drink a little bit more. If you have coffee that's a diuretic, you're gonna need to drink more water. You drink alcohol that dehydrates you, you have to drink more. Put a pinch of pink and moine salt or the Celtic sea salt into the water to get the electrolytes, so you absorb the water. If you're drinking poland springs to Sonny, you're just going to drink the water. Pee it out, drink the water, peet out. You're not gonna absorb it. But what you are gonna intake is those chemicals in the plastics that leach into the water. Those plastics can affect your estrogen. So a lot of men come to see me for a rectile dysfunction. The more plastics you have, the more estrogen. If you have tofu soy if you have soy sauce, you have soybean oil. That's gonna affect your hormones. Right, If you have ed. Stop storing food and plastic. Stop drinking out of plastic water bottles. Stop eating soy bean curved out of mamee tofu. Stay away from it. All those fake meats, soybean oil, stay away from it. Most restaurants are gonna cook with some sort of soybean oil. Have some soy sauce. That's gonna mess with your hormones. All right, So you got your sleep is number one. Water is number two. Exercise is number three. You have to exercise. You gotta move your body every day. Sitting is the new smoking. Harvard came out with a study that chose that sitting will kill you. You have to get off your butt, gonna move your body. Find something that you like to do. I don't care if it's taking a dance class, biking, swimming, play some sports, tennis, basketball, soccer, run around the track, some hiking, rollerblading. Find something that you like to do. I don't care if it's kayaking, but if it gets you out of the house, move in your body, that's fine. Take some classes, pilates, yoga. You could take dance class, pole dancing, hip hop dancing, zoomba. You can take line dancing. You can take tango, salsilescent, you do belly dancing. Just find something that's fun, find something that you like to do. Some people are really into the psycho classes, the peloton, whatever it is. There's a community. Great, but social great. But exercise every day. At least people say, oh, you don't have to exercise every day. Yes, you've got to move your body every day. It is very rare someone is over exercising. Almost everybody's under exercising. And if you work out so hard that you gotta take a week off because you're so sore, that's too much. Don't push yourself too much, but push yourself enough where you can exercise every day. You gotta be a little uncomfortable, gotta exercise, move your body. The worst thing is sitting. The twenty rule. Every twenty minutes of sitting, you get up for twenty seconds, you walk twenty feet and you look twenty feet away. You're gonna change your life, all right. So we got sleep, we got water, you got exercise. The fourth pillar nutrition, You gotta eat healthy. Eating healthy is not complicated. You don't have to follow the ketogenic diet or the paleo diet or Atkins or carnivore, be a vegan, or do the blood type diet, or do the thirty thirty forty or you know, it's like there's so many these rules and counting calories and wade watchers, and it's just too stressful. Don't complicate it. You want to eat healthy, Give you a couple simple rules. Number one, every day, make sure you eat each color of the rainbow. You have to eat something that's red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple. Every day. You've got to cover the rainbow. The second thing that's super important is avoid the white foods. Milk, sugar, dairy, flour, bread, sandy.
Speaker 4: Juice, noodles, rice patoes, crackers, cereal, bagels, croissants, all those white grains.
Speaker 2: Stay away from them. You want to be healthy, you eat the colors. You stay away from the white foods. It's that's simple. Don't eat processed foods. Nothing in boxes and cans and bags, nothing stored, these non perishables. I want food that molds, that's real food. Eat fresh food. It's been picked that morning, all right, So you gotta just eat real food like they did when they were a hunter gatherers. If you can pick it off a tree, pick it out of a bush, pick it out of the root. You can get it directly from the earth, you know, grab the egg from the nesta, the you know, chicken from the earth, the fish from the ocean, right, just anything that the earth produces. Not the stuff in the middle of the supermarket, in the aisles, which are the processed foods, boxes, cans and bags. Stay on the outside of the supermarket where everything's fresh. Get a fish that was just caught, right, something fresh fruit, fresh fruit, fresh vetchies raw. The closer to the earth, the better. Don't chop up everything. Eat it as whole as you can, you know, don't chop up your carrots or your apples, your legs. Eat it whole. That is very good for digestion. So the digestive process starts from when you touch the food. So it's even better not to use forks or spoons or knives. Your knives are your teeth. Cut it with your teeth, don't use a fork, use your hands. Let's put that digestive process and look at your food. Smell your food. Get those different colors make it more enjoyable. Such a stuffing food down your face from some microwave meal while you're washing the news and scrolling through Facebook. Let's do it old school where we eat fresh food, home cooked meal with no electronics and everyone actually eats and talks about their day, a really good family meal. That's ideal. We need to be more social. Right, So we got sleep, we got water, we've got exercise, we got nutrition. Now we need to talk about oxygen. We need lots and lots of oxygen. All right. The normal air in the atmosphere is about twenty twenty one percent oxygen. We have some cool technology in our office, like an oxygen concentrator that filters out that nitrogen and the carbon dioxide and increases the concentration of oxygen to forty percent. It doubles it. You can do it when you work out. You can do it when you do brain exercises. It's really cool stuff, an oxygen concentrator. They work very well to increase your oxygen levels. Your posture is important for your oxygen. If your shoulders are rolled in and your head's tilted forward and down, it's going to be harder to breathe also get oxygen producing plants for inside money plants, alovera plants, snake plants, spider plans. Those increase your oxygen levels. The trees outside, go outside in the woods and in the forest, one tree gets enough oxygen for five people, right, so you want to increase your oxygen do breathing exercises. The best breathing exercise is where you exhale twice as long as you inhale. So if you inhale for three seconds, you exhal for six, then try and do the next day inhale for four seconds, excel for eight, and then the next day inhale for five seconds, excel for ten. You always want to double the act that gets rid of the carbon dioxide and increases the oxygen levels. Eventually you want to get to where you inhale for eight seconds and exhale for sixteen seconds. That's going to maximize your oxygen. When you inhale, make sure you breathe from your diaphragm, not your shoulders, in your neck. So when you inhale, your belly should go down and out, pushing your diaphragm down, and then when you exhale, belly should come in, pushing the carbon dioxide out. That's called diaframatic breathing. And you always want to excel twice as long as you inhale, you want to focus on your posture. You want to get a nice oxygen concentrator, then you want to go out in the woods and for home, you want to buy some oxygen purifying plants. Right, that's one of the key pillars to improve your health and well being so you function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Caplan your list listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 3: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases. That this is the show for you. Don't mis boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan and you will learn natural, integrative, and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact doctor Caplin, you can call his team at two oh one two six one two one five zero, or visit his website at kaplandc dot com.
Speaker 2: Function Better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan. You're listening to boost your brain power. So we're talking about the pillars to your health and wellness starts with a good night's sleep. Gotta get your proper rest. You don't get a good night's sleep. It's not suggested to take a nap during the day. If you need to and you get a good night's sleep, that's fine. But if you have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep, you want to make sure you don't take a nap, so you keep your body up the whole day so that it's so exhausted at night you get a deeper sleep. A real good deep sleep is when you wake up and you're like, WHOA, what day is it? What time is it? How long have I been out?
Speaker 3: Where am I?
Speaker 2: That's a good night's sleep. If you know what time it is, what day it is, you got up all these things to pee, roll over, think. Your mind's raising that's not a good night's sleep. You shouldn't remember your dreams. That means you're waking up during your deep sleep. So everybody dreams, but you should wake up not even knowing that you dreat You just want to be like, WHOA, how long have I been out? What happened last night? That's a real good night's sleep. Number two. Water drink your half your body weight and ounces. We need lots of water. Put in the Pinkhmelayan salt for the solet water, Squeeze some lemon, and always drink on an empty stomach. Exercise You gotta find something that you do at least exercise five, ten twenty minutes a day, but be consistent every single day. Do something, find something that you love that gets your heart beaten fast. But also you have to do weight resistant exercise. Not just stuff that gets you sweaty and your heart beaten fast, but also weight resistant exercise. Nutrition. We said you got to eat all the colors of the rainbow and stay away from the white foods. That's the fourth pillar's nutrition that's super super important to function best and feel best. The fifth pillar we spoke about was oxygen. You gotta get your oxygen. Do your breathing exercise where you exhal twice as long as you inhale. Make sure you breathe from your diaphragm as well. On the inhale, pushing the diaphragm down and out, on the exhale, pushing the diaphragm up and in. These will all help, not only it gets you feel better now, but to prevent future problems as well. The sixth pillar to health and wellness is sunlight. Gotta get outside. We're inside all day. You need the sun. The sun's strongest in the middle of the day, maybe from twelve to two, so that's usually when people have lunch. Go outside, even if it's just for twenty minutes. Take off your hat, take off your glasses, roll up your sleeves, roll up your pants. Get as much skin exposed as pops possible. You know, keep it decin, don't get arrested, but expose as much skin as possible. Then you wanna get your sunlight. Which is vitamin D, which is a hormone. Vitamin D the hormone helps with your thyroid helps prevent dementia and Alzheimer's, helps with your immune system. I mean, it's the most important hormone is vitamin D, and we get it from the sunlight. So we're inside all day. We're literally depleting ourselves of D. Get out when the sun's strongest. We said, for sleep, you want to walk outside during sunrise for ten minutes and sunset for ten minutes. But to get your vitamin D, you gotta go out in the middle of the day. So minimum you want to go out three times a day, but you really want to go out more, as much as possible and as many hours as possible, especially up here in New York and Jersey where the sun is weak. You know, it's different. If you're near the equator, you don't have to be outside all day because it's so powerful there. Now, if you have a history of skin cancer, protect yourself and use zinc oxide. Never buy anything from CBS like a suntan lotion or sunscreen, banana boat, whatever it is. Those are all crap toxic chemicals that actually causes skin cancer. Most sunscreens and suntann oceans actually cause skin cancer. Yes, that's right. It's not protecting you from skin cancer, it's causing it because of all the chemicals. Those are the most toxic products. People put on their body. If you want a safe way to protect yourself, you could actually use coconut boils a five SPF that's good for up north. If you're on vacation, you're in the Caribbean, you're gonna be outside and the beach all day. Zinc oxide is your safest bet. That's going to protect you from the sun but not cause toxic chemicals to go to your skin and create health issues. Got it, suntan lotionans, stay away from it, all right. So you need that vitamin D and you need your eyes to get the vitamin D. So take off your glasses. Don't look directly at the sun, but let those rays hit your sun or hit your eyes. That's sundlight. And the seventh pillar is positive mental attitude and not only for yourself, but you gotta be around positive people. If you're always around people that are complaining, that are negative talking about all the problems in the world, that takes a big toll on your health. If you're negative, if you're always complaining, if you're always finding the bad in people, that's not good for your health. Be the one that shows the good and it be the one that shows that there are good people believe in the good of the world. Be around people who think good is better than evil. Good will prevail. I know good prevail. Good always prevails. There's more good people than bad people. Bad people are just louder, but there's more good people. So I have high faith that the world is going in a good place. You would never believe that if you turn on the news. All right, turn off the news. It's not true. There's ninety nine good things going on in the world. The news is gonna report the one bad thing. They're gonna ignore the ninety nine good things. They're gonna report the one bad thing because that's what they want you in fear. They want you turning on to be scared. All right, So it's a positive mental latitude. You be positive. Don't say I want to prevent uh dementia. Say I want to improve my memory. Don't say, oh I want help with my insomnia. Say I want to improve my sleep. Got it. So the words we use are important, right. You don't want to say, oh, I want to I want to prevent cancer. You want to say I want to improve my immune system. Got it. So the words we speak are super important. Now, how do you know what area of this health and wellness. Are you missing well? You have to do a complete evaluation, a one on one evaluation with me, where I could check out your heart, your lungs, could check out your posture, your alignment, your memory, your focus, your gait. Check out your respond to lights and sounds and smells. See your reaction time, your focus, see your muscle strength, your reflexes. So there's a lot. We could check your circulation, your heart rate, your digestion, you have bloating, so do full evaluation. I'm gonna give a gift to you guys. A one on one with me normally is five hundred dollars, but for the first seven people to call, text or email you could get the entire one on one with me for only twenty one dollars. Okay, Now, I'm also gonna give away a second test, which is called a q EEG Brain mapping. For this, you wear cap that's got electrodes attached to it and they measure your brain waves and they're gonna tell us you have depression, do you have anxiety? Do you have a thyroid problem, you have intestinal inflammation? Do you have low acetyl coling? Do you have difficulty shifting tasks. Do you have short term memory long term memory problems? Do you have motivation problems? Do you have energy problems? Do you have issues with your balance and your eyes or your ears? You have headaches and ringing, you have having metal poisoning, you have a concussion. So it literally analyzes your whole brain. That test is normally five hundred dollars as well, but for the first seven people to call, text or email you could get that only twenty one dollars. The third test that we're going to give as a gift, it's called a VNG video listography, And this is a test where we measure with infrared cameras on these goggles. They measure eye movements fast and slow, and up and down and with light, with no light, and with a head movement. And it's gonna tell us which areas of the brain are overactive and which areas are underactive. You know, for people with overactive brain, they might have inzomia or heart palpitations, or anxiety or panic disorders, or their minds always racing. They can't relax and calm down. Everything's overactive. They might have autoimmune disease and might effet. They're thyroid or their gut or their digestion, or they might be underactive areas. They might have low motivation, bad memory or focus, low energy, slow metabolism, trouble losing weight. Is their underactive brain. The VG is the best tell us. Okay, it's the right side, is the left side which it's overactive, which is underactive? I love that test. That's five hundred dollars as well. But for the first seven people to call text or email, you can get that test for twenty one dollars. And the best deal overall is to do all three tests where you do the one on one with me a qEEG brain mapping a VG for only twenty one dollars. EAT's for a total of only sixty three dollars. All you have to do is be one of the first seven people to call text or email. And people are always like, how are you doing this for so cheap? I don't understand how could you do this? And first of all, I thank my mentor for that because he says, hey, listen, don't give people a barrier to come into the office, all right, don't give them a barrier. Make it easy for them, all right. So if what I think is that if you just make it, if we make it easy for you. This is more just a get acquainted visit. There's no pressure, there's no obligation. It's just to see if you're a good fit for the practice. That's why it's only sixty three dollars. If you don't feel any pressure, don't feel any obligation. You get to figure out where your problem is, if your brain and your body are I'm gonna give you my suggestions, my diagnosis, my suggestions, but there's no obligations. Up to you. Whether you want to follow through or now, it's all your responsibility. Remember I told you, no doctor's gonna save you, no pill is gonna fix you. You have to do it on your own. And that's the type of doctor I am is teach you how to help yourself, all right. And if you want to do it and take advantage of these deals for only sixty three dollars, you want to do all three tests, what do you just do one at a time, whenever's comfortable. You just got to be one of the first seven people to call, text or email. The number is six four six two two one, six seven three eight. The email is info at Kaplinbrainebody dot com. Just say you want to be one of the first seven people to do the one on one, the q EEG and the VNG for only twenty one dollars each a total of sixty three dollars. If you love this show and you're interested about more information, you could go to our website Caplin DC. Find out about our offices in New York, New Jersey, and we do virtual visits as well, so anywhere in the country of the world we will be able to see you and help you with your brain and your body. You're into social media, you could go on Facebook. Our page is Caplin Brain and Body. We also have an Instagram Caplin Brain Body. We have a TikTok doctor Eric Caplan, and we also have a lot of YouTube videos Kaplan Brain and Body. Hope you guys enjoyed the show. If you want to get my book, you could go on Amazon. It's called Boost Your Brain Power, A Guide to Improving your Memory and Focus by doctor Eric Caplan. When you put it into Amazon search, make sure when you say boost your Brain Power, brain power is one word, and then you'll find my book with a big blue brain on it. And it's by doctor Eric Kaplan a guide to improving your memory and focus. This is doctor Eric Kaplan. You just listen to boost your brain power. We will talk to you next week.
Speaker 3: Don't miss boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six ' one two one five zero or email info at Kaplan, Brainandbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Thank Kaplin, or visit kaplandc dot com for more information.
Speaker 1: The proceeding was a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.