Speaker 1: We were just having a discussion. I'm looking at the building next door, and I'm pondering philosophically. Oh, and I said, isn't it interesting how your soulmate could be? Like wherever you work right now, look in the building next door. Think about the building next door. Your soulmate could work in that building right there. I mean, you could meet this person and be like, oh man, they're really they're really nice. Oh they're attractive, and oh they're funny. Oh and they like cats or they like you know, cribbage or hiking or whatever it is. And they could work in that building right next door. But you might never meet them. And isn't it interesting how we do meet somebody and it's usually by total coincidence. Like if you had not met I don't know, I know, Bradley's not your soulmate. How did you meet him? Again?
Speaker 2: Pitch a friend event?
Speaker 1: Okay, so if you had got gone that night, if you would have had like, you know, a migraine and you didn't go, yeah, you would have never met him. Like, I don't know, It's just weird how things like that work.
Speaker 3: Well, that's I mean, in that same vein, I feel like people in general, have more than one soul mat oh no question?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Absolutely yeah, or like you have one and that's no, you don't.
Speaker 3: Okay, there's a bajillion people in the world, like you could have way more than one.
Speaker 1: And I think that the thing is like the idea that the world would introduce you to the one. How do I know my soulmate doesn't live in North Korea?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Very possible.
Speaker 1: I mean that might be the perfect one where I go.
Speaker 4: Wow, I good luck ever meeting them in North.
Speaker 1: North Right, So that's why your soulmate is usually somebody who's moderately convenient to you. I don't know, it's just really interesting. So look in that building, Okay, I'm looking think that somebody in that building could be your soulmate.
Speaker 5: Hey, talkmates on that show the four seasons? Is that what it's called, right?
Speaker 1: I believe?
Speaker 5: So yeah, Steve Farrell, like one of the first episodes, I'm still only like halfway through the season, but it was kind of like, come on, do we really believe in soulmates? So don't you think it's just two people who like to touch their body parts together? And then you realize, like other things work out like what it is. Well, it was kind of how they use it to some of them. Some of them were like, all for soulmates, and then the other ones were kind of like, no, it's not really a thing.
Speaker 1: Let us know if you believe in soulmates. I've had girlfriends where it's like you're my soulmate, you're my soulmate whatever, or you're the love of my life, which I'll think I'll use that one a little bit more commonly, like you're the love of my life, and I think that's a different description. Soulmate is like it was meant to be, there's one person whatever. But love of my life is like I've never loved anybody as much as I loved you, and I'll never love anybody as much as I love you.
Speaker 3: Maybe no, I no, I agree. I feel like the loves of my life is and we're friends of mine. Those are my loves of my life.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's interesting. Yeah, And what does come first the desire to touch each other naked? Or does the desire to touch each other naked kind of come after you realize what a fun person that they are. Yeah, you know, sometimes I think one happens.
Speaker 5: Sometimes, Yeah, like I definitely have met people where I thought of them as friends first, then it became more. But I've also hooked up with people and then I was like, oh, actually I think I like you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, And that's the most wonderful thing when you realize that both of those click, when you realize that, oh, they're really fun, they're funny, they're smart, they're kind whatever. But also they fuck like a body. I mean, seriously, they fucked like a rabbit. And I use that to shock you back into your your you know, paying attention, because I'm you know, I just want to make sure you're there taking So when I say they fucked like a rabbit.
Speaker 2: Why did you make eye contact with me when you said that?
Speaker 4: I know it as weird.
Speaker 5: That's why we like do ignore you sometimes because then you get fucking weird and then you look at us and we're like what you.
Speaker 1: Never ever take never take that the wrong never ever take that the wrong way.
Speaker 4: They don't think of it that way.
Speaker 1: Think of me as like, think of me as like a girlfriend who is like having a like a little gossip sash with you. So when I say things like that, I never try to make you uncomfortable. If I wanted to make you uncomfortable. I'd say something like, okay, yeah, Jenny just pooped herself, or I don't know something. Okay, let's move on.
Speaker 2: Jenny.
Speaker 5: You make me uncomfortable when you start walking to the side of the studio and I know you have no purpose other than to try to prank me for something, and then you get too close and then I look over and Bailey's recording.
Speaker 1: We're overdue. It's been a while, all right, here we go. Secretary Bree writes in Good Morning Besties, wanted to reach out on the topic of the dad who is making the daughter feel bad and making threats about her playing hockey.
Speaker 4: Save us, because we're going to talk about this on the radio tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Okay, sure are we? We have not talked to that person yet, have we. That's tomorrow's group therapy, right, yes, okay, So we did read it on the Minnesota Goodbye and she said, I think that's so despicable. He's ruining their relationship day by day the more he pushes. Both of my boys play hockey and other sports, and they love it. But my husband and I have always said the second they start not loving it or not wanting to go. We're stopping. We're not gonna spend money. I can't imagine ever feeling good about forcing your child to do something you know they don't want to do. Also, I wanted to mention the show the four seasons. Oh my god, it is so fucking good. I binged it in like twelve hours. And obviously, if you're not to the end yet, there's a spoiler alert that I won't talk about. But if you're to the end, oh my god, you should talk about it because it's so good. And I don't know how Steve Carell became so attractive suddenly he has Oh that's.
Speaker 5: So interesting because I am like put off by his character in this show.
Speaker 4: Oh really, Yeah, I'm not a fan.
Speaker 1: Have you gotten to the red Pump scene?
Speaker 5: No, I'm only I think I'm only on episode five. Okay, there's eight, so I'm pretty I'm like halfway through.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you when you get to the red Pump scene, it is. That is the defining moment of that show. It's like, Okay, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. That's it for now. The end of this week, Well mark one whole month off My pain meds. I'm so proud of myself good. I'm so proud of you too. I'm doing so well. I wish I would have done this a long time ago. I hope you have a wonderful, wonderful week and a very happy Monday. Miss you, bunches. Love Bree. There's a new show that I'm watching called Bad Thoughts and it is the most fucked up comedic show. Have you heard of it?
Speaker 4: Well, I know who the main character is.
Speaker 5: I just have seen some of his comedies set before, and he's really funny.
Speaker 4: So I want to watch that.
Speaker 1: Show, Jenny. It is the most bizarre. They're like little ten minutes skits. Yeah, And I thought I watched it by chance because it came up in my recommendations on Netflix. It's called Bad Thoughts and I watched about three episodes in summer, about twenty minutes long, summer seventeen minutes long. Whatever. So then I went upstairs. I was on the treadmill. I went upstairs. I said, Susan watch one episode with me, see if you like it. And she did not think it was funny at all, but it is. It is the most fucked up humor ever. So I would hate it, probably, but you're a funny person. But it's not. It's cruel, sure, but it's also just so pushes the envelope. I would try to explain one scene, but it would never ever come off if I try to explain it. But if you really like twisted fucking humor, watch one episode of Bad Thoughts. But the funniest episode is episode number five when he's on the airplane and the reason why he has to land the airplane.
Speaker 5: It's just so intes each episode about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, because I was like, dang, you're already on episode five.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, well each episode is like several skits in each one. All right, enough of that, let's move on. See what else we got here? Hello, friends from Michelle. I want to thank Jenny and Bailey for getting me my sticker. I got it in the mail. My husband says, what's that I handed to him? And he goes, oh boy, he just doesn't understand that you four are my friends. The first four hours of my day. I'm so glad everybody is back. Have a great week. That's from Michelle.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Michelle, and thank you Bree for sending out the stickers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you. Bree appreciate that one. Wendy writes in it was so nice meeting you at Cub Foods in Burnsville on Friday. Jenny and I were both down there. You were so focused and friendly to the person or group in front of you while other people waited behind them. I watched as Dave held the baby and that child loved him, touching his face and smiling. If you want to see that picture, it's on My Weekend in five photos. That's on either Dave Ryan's show on Instagram or Dave ryanshow dot com. Thanks for brightening our little piece of the world in the morning. Wendy the meat lady, Yes me.
Speaker 5: Lady Wendy to her for quite a while, she works overnights where she lifts like he's yes, okay, packages of meat and stuff and she yeah.
Speaker 4: She says that lots of turnaround.
Speaker 1: Is that the right turnover?
Speaker 5: Turnover, that's turnover and her job. But she's worked there for a while and they basically are a loss without her. If she ever takes days off.
Speaker 1: She's I get it. The baby was probably my favorite moment of.
Speaker 4: It was so cute. Was the baby's name, Miles. Am I making that up.
Speaker 1: I tried to remember himber I don't want.
Speaker 5: To say it's Miles, but I might be miss speaking. But that baby looked at Dave and I both and immediately started smiling. He was such a happy baby. Then Dave held him, and he was enamored by Dave, like just like putting his hands on his face like hello, and.
Speaker 1: Then he giggled and it was just like ah, he was so sweet. I love babies, and I really think babies and dogs are the same way. If you love them, they know. They can tell if you're a little skittish about holding a baby, or you're a little bit afraid of dog dogs where you don't like them. I think they can sense that. Yeah, all right, regular listener here, says Cassie, big fan of each and every one of you. I feel like such creeper being such a dedicated listener but not actually knowing any of you in real life. But anyway, I am procrastinating getting stuff done, and I thought I would write in. So she talks a little bit about your kitchen drawer and gives you some advice. A silicone spray Jenny called blaster silicone lubricant, and they are attaching a picture for your reference, so blaster silicone lubricant. Let's see random af But a while ago you were chatting about not remembering names and faces and having trouble recalling people after meeting them. I think Bailey said how you wished everybody just wore a name tag in real life? And I couldn't agree more. I hate my poor facial how poor my facial recognition is, and how bad I amn't remember names? Like why are we like this? And then she tells a story. It's a pretty funny story, so I'll tell the entirety. Out all day with one of my best friends, her fiance, and all of their friends celebrating a bachelor party at Valley Fair. Bachelor bachelorette. We went on a bunch of rides, had some beers, a bunch of us, we all had lunch together. Remember it's their friends, not her friends. And after a long, warm day in the sun, we go back to my friend's house to throw them a party. We all got changed from her day clothes and dressed up for the night. People started trickling in and it was a small group of us chatting around the living room. I noticed a quiet guy sitting on the couch who didn't seem to be having much fun. I felt bad for this guy all alone, who clearly to me felt awkward and out of place. So me, being outgoing and warm and friendly, I decided to jump up in front of everybody and offer my hand out to say Hi, I'm Cassie. Who are you? You know, to make him feel welcome. Hey you, how's it going? I announced? Lol. Immediately after, I felt the room cave in on me and someone shouted out, girl, he's been with us all day.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh.
Speaker 1: The room got awkwardly quiet, and I heard nervous laughter behind me. Full of embarrassment and regret. I laughed it off, like, oh what, I'm sorry, I have really bad eyes. The man must have had a head to toe total costume change. Because I was certain I had never met this man before in my life. Little did I know that we had had lunch together just a few short hours prior. Oh No, needless to say, I certainly could have used a name tag on that day. That was the last time I ever went out of way way to introduce myself to anybody like that ever. Again, do any of you have any similarly embarrassing stories? If not, no worries. Just thought i'd relinquish one of my most cringe moments for the hell of it. Thanks and love y'all from Cassie. I don't introduce myselves to almost anybody anymore because turns out that I've met them and then they feel like shit that I don't remember. Yeah, And I just really am very careful. I mean, if I meet somebody who's like out at cub Foods and I know I haven't met them, or they might say, oh, no, we met at the State Fair last year, well, then they're going to be understanding that I don't remember them. But I'm very careful about introducing myself to anybody around here because I've probably met them, and then they think I don't remember, and then I feel like shit and they feel like shit.
Speaker 3: I usually repeat my name for them so that they don't have to ask. So I was at a concert on Wednesday and this woman standing in front of me. I knew her from high school. She was like friends with my friends, and so I probably haven't seen her since then. But I was like Jenna, and she turns around, she looks at me, and I can tell in her face she's like, who is this and I go, it's Bailey, and then she goes, oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 3: So I always tell them my name, but I also imagine that nobody remembers me ever, so I rarely like, even if I've met you, and I know I've met you and we've talked maybe once or twice, if I see you in a month or something at another thing, I'll be like, oh, well, they probably don't remember me, so I won't say anything.
Speaker 1: That's a that's a kind assumption. In other words, you save them the embarrassment of the guessing game. Yeah, and I really hate the guessing game, Like, Hi, we've met before? Really, where was that? Don't you remember? No, bitch, I really don't like the guessing game. And most people don't do that. But I mean, I I don't know. I wish I had a like everybody.
Speaker 2: Named tangy name hikes please.
Speaker 1: Random question from Sarah, do any of you have songs that remind you of another member of the show. I'll go first. Misindependent always makes me think of Dave. It's also one of my favorite running songs. Of course, that annoying Backstreet Boys song also makes me think of Dave. Once an INN syncer always an inn syncer. Yeah, if you don't have a song that reminds you of somebody on the show, maybe one for a parent, partner or ex child friend. Thanks for humoring me, Love you all. Sarah. Thunder by Imagine Dragons reminds me of Fallon Thunder Fear the Thunder, Thunder Thunder for the thund Thunder Thunder thunder Thunder, because she was the one who first told me what a great song it was, So it will always remind me of Fallon. Any song remind you of anyone changing, Yes.
Speaker 5: Your song with Alison, isn't it I Love you Always and forever?
Speaker 2: Is that it?
Speaker 1: Yes, I love you always, forever and year and far. We used to sing that to each.
Speaker 5: Other, no one only because I had picked it for a mixtape game choice one time. But I think it was in like a sexual reference. And then Steve and Fowner are both like a bad choice because you were the judge. They're like, that's his song with Alison. It doesn't work that way, so and I kind of knew that, but I forgot about it when I picked it for mixtape game.
Speaker 4: So now I always think of you when I hear that song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a little bit of a sexual bent to that song, like as we lay here under a clear sky of pure white stars. Well, i'd never talk about lane in the on the Ground with Alison Bailey.
Speaker 3: Any songs, I mean, not necessarcessarily that remind me of any of you. The this is going to be a deep cut, but the song knock three times if you want.
Speaker 2: Me, it reminds me of my mom.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, because she not, because that has nothing to do with mom daughter whatever. But my mom loves like contemporary hits of the nineteen seventies, and that is probably one of my favorite ones. So I made like a huge playlist of songs that reminded me of my mom, and I just call them Mama songs. And I told her about it, and now every time I see her, she gives me a post it note full of more songs that I can add to it, add to the playlist.
Speaker 2: So then I get.
Speaker 3: Then I get in my head, I'm like, well, when she dies, I'm going to have this playlist that we made together.
Speaker 2: But I'm not going to think about those. That was fine.
Speaker 1: You know, I heard a song the other day that I want played at my funeral, And now I can't remember what it was.
Speaker 2: Fuck crazy train, no crazy train.
Speaker 1: No good guess though I can't remember, and I'm like, oh, was it like a party?
Speaker 4: Viber like, oh no.
Speaker 1: No, it's not sad. No, these are all great guesses. I can't remember, but I heard it. I thought, you know what, I gotta tell Alison. That's the song I want played at my funeral.
Speaker 2: That's the one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 5: Can I say for someone who has a dad that's well, he's older than you, but you know, he started to make the references to like his death and stuff, you know, as jokes as a child. I don't want to hear that shit. It makes me very sad. I don't be texting Allison like I want this at my funeral. It's gonna make her sad. I know everyone's different, but I just I feel like my dad just makes so many jokes. He's like, well, I'm not going to be around that much longer anyways, or like yeah, if I make it another ten years, and it's like, don't say that. I don't want those ideas in my head. Like my grandmother, she's so sad.
Speaker 3: She says I could go at any time, and she could go at any time for the last like twenty years, Like okay, well you're really bringing down the room.
Speaker 1: Yeah for twenty years.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, go at any time, girl, please, So I feel you, Jenny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, it's good reminder, Jenny, I will try to remember not to burn. And Allison with with that. Well there's that song and I listened to it the other day and it's by Fun and it's like carry on, carry on we are yeh, it's a different one.
Speaker 2: Oh what about it? No, I know what you're talking.
Speaker 6: When the lock of stone carry on, which I love the message, when the lost in a low and sink and lack of stone carry on, And I think the message is good, but there's one part where it goes we talked and talked about how our parents will die, all our neighbors and wives, and it's like, what a fucking downer that is. You're gonna sit and talk about how everybody's gonna die. Who has that conversation? I was never twenty five years old and said, you know, god, it's really interesting. Our parents are gonna die one day.
Speaker 2: Very interesting. Let's out about it.
Speaker 4: Oh godkay.
Speaker 1: So Sarah goes on to say, oh, she's done so Thank you, Sarah, appreciate you. She's all done. Next one is from Lucas Jenny, Happy birthday. Hope you had a great time, and they said I also, I'm going to be thirty two and thirty two in three weeks. Do you think there's an age limit for going to EDM shows or festivals? Jenny, No, I.
Speaker 5: Don't, because I mean, honestly, most of my friends that actually go to those shows are older than me.
Speaker 4: Even so, oh really, okay, there's an age limit.
Speaker 5: I think there's a time in life where maybe you should reevaluate if you're out until four in the morning at EEDM shows every weekend, But I think you can still dabble in them every once.
Speaker 1: In a while, Okay, Bailey and juan Nita, if she's listening, My family and I are moving to and Over in a few weeks, right near Beef's.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I was the one who asked if Bailey had a cousin named Body. I don't, but no, maybe i'll see you all around this summer. I'm moving from Ramsey near the farm you worked at. Bailey. Oh wow, dart lick lick lick dart, always a great time. Thanks. And that is from Lucas. Thank you, Lucia.
Speaker 3: Start hitting up beef O Brady's. Look for Mam Miranda. She is a regular there. That's where all of her friends go. And my mom literally made like all of her friends just like sitting at the bar and meeting people.
Speaker 2: So check her out, Mam Ronda.
Speaker 1: I love that. All right, Hello, it says Teresa. Are you guys aware there's a KDWB dead zone at thirty five W and Lake Street or is it just my car? I always get staticky there on my commute, right when you're doing the you can't make this stuff up bit sad face, that is all. I'm not aware of that. But there are definitely radio dead spots. Yeah, I can't really think of any that I've noticed, but yeah, there are definitely radio dead spots. And they can't just believe it or not. They can adjust for it, but if they it's kind of like, I don't know, if you adjust for it over here, then it's going to make a dead spot somewhere else. So hopefully it's a small dead spot and it doesn't bother you too much. And last one, here we go. Alison says, I know you've talked about prepping for your show in the past, but wondering if you could talk a little bit more about your process and or share video clips of you all meeting to discuss show preparation. Just curious for more details on how you get the show together. Thank you, Allison. I think it'd be funny to make a pair of parody video of us preparing for the show, and it's like, okay, we're all here to get together, but work on the show. Well, Dave's leaning back looking at reels, laughing, Bailey's looking at cat videos, Ginny is searching, I don't know, doing something, or Genny's got to go to the bathroom and vaunt is I don't know. It might be kind of funny, yeah, or we each bring up ideas and they're so fucking over the top stupid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's all fart in a bucket.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like it, But I say we poop in a bucket.
Speaker 2: Oh, well, then you'd have to work one too far.
Speaker 1: Dave, Okay, all right, all right, scratch that. Okay, let's let's let's do that one. Let's have listeners mail in pictures of their poop and then we have to guess what they ate.
Speaker 4: How about this I bring in a nail clipper.
Speaker 5: Okay, whoever has the biggest toenail that you can clip off?
Speaker 4: Oh, it's gonna be surprise.
Speaker 5: Okay, Like listeners call in and they have to tag up with one of us, which one of us has the biggest toenail. They win a prize according to who they take up with.
Speaker 1: Nice. You know, that's not too far off from how we actually work on the show. We throw out like stupid ideas and then somebody will go like, wait, there's something there, what if? And I told people this story before. Oh, I was on the Mall of America podcast and they said, how can you keep coming up with ideas? After thirty two years? You still have ideas? And I said, well, I said eighty percent of them are ten percent are dangerous or illegal, and the last ten percent are like, you know, workable. And I said, I can always tell whether it's a bad idea because I'll bring it up to you know, Bailey vont and Jenny, and I'll say something like, how about we have cats come into the studio tomorrow and we have a big giant cat fight. Oh, And then I will not get a response and I'll immediately go oh, well, you didn't respond at all, so I clearly that's not a good idea.
Speaker 2: We could bring cats in, though, Can we bring cats.
Speaker 1: In like a big cat bar, a cat what do they call those where you go in pet cats? Cat cafe?
Speaker 3: Yeah, turn the studio into a cat cafe.
Speaker 2: Sounds fun. Sounds fun to me.
Speaker 1: It does sound fun. But the smell, I mean the smell ye yeah, because one with poop and then yeah, yeah, I don't know. How do we come up with stuff for the show. How do we plan for the show? What do we do?
Speaker 5: I mean A lot of it is like we look into our lives and what's happening into our lives and see if something can turn into a phone topic.
Speaker 4: For instance, I woke up with these.
Speaker 5: Scratches on my hand Sunday morning, and I have no idea how I got.
Speaker 1: Them because scratches.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was a little bit intoxicated on Saturday night. So for instance, we could take that and be like what dumb drunken injury did you guest or something like that. So it's really just like a lot of stuff like that of what's going on in our lives.
Speaker 4: We love to get on Bailey about dating.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: It really just depends on you know, we we have a formula to how the show is put together. We like to play games. We do a lot of the same games, but then we also throw in new ones every once in a whe.
Speaker 4: But yeah, go.
Speaker 1: Ahead, Well I was gonna say one of our problems is we do the same games because we have eighty seven games in the studio, but we can't remember which ones we liked. Yeah, so we know we like Think Fast, and we know we like Lyrics Shuffle, and we know we like whatever other games. I can't remember them. But we've got probably thirty little board games here in the studio, and we used to have probably one hundred, and they just got just kind of mishmashed. The cards from one would show up in another game, or this one in whatever. So I took a bunch out to the dumpster about three years ago and just dumped a big hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth of board games in the dumpster.
Speaker 2: It's so dumb. You could have brought them to like Goodwill or something.
Speaker 1: Ah, there's a lot of work. Honestly, I didn't want to do the work. So and they plus they were all jumbled up. All right? Anything else on the Minnesota Goodbye?
Speaker 2: That's all I got.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Bailey, look your soulmate. They're looking out the window at you right now. Oh they just they just turned away.
Speaker 2: They turned away.
Speaker 1: All right, Minnesota Goodbye. Send your emails. I want to hear about soulmates. Do you think that you're assigned a soulmate or a love of your Do you feel like you're with the love of your life right now? Some people are with somebody, but they know that the love of their life with somebody that they used to be with. All right, talk about that. Send an email on that or anything at all. Ryanshow at KDWB dot com. That is the address, Ryanshow at KDWB dot com, and we'll see you Tuesday on the Minnesota Goodbye.