Speaker 1: I remember a time before the Great Quake. I found the love of my life and I married her. But that wasn't the greatest day of my life. The greatest day was when I found her three months after the Great Quake. I thought we could take our family and live quietly in the woods. But we couldn't stand by and watch.
Speaker 2: People become refugees. and refugees become slaves.
Speaker 1: Chosen by the resistance, my wife became the lone survivor, the savior of the refugees. I stand by her side, fighting for all.
Speaker 2: Of God's people.
Speaker 1: This is life on the changing earth.
Speaker 3: Good morning, TJ.
Speaker 2: What's for breakfast?
Speaker 3: The butcher made some new sausage.
Speaker 2: It better not taste like that last crab.
Speaker 3: He said it was good.
Speaker 4: How long?
Speaker 5: Ten minutes.
Speaker 2: How we feeling this morning, girly?
Speaker 3: Fine, TJ.
Speaker 2: Could you smell that sausage cooking all the way back there? Oh, yeah, you can. Can you smell it?
Speaker 3: Yes, TJ.
Speaker 2: Do you want some?
Speaker 3: Yes, TJ.
Speaker 2: Tell me what I want to hear.
Speaker 3: I won't lie to you.
Speaker 2: You don't have to. Say it and mean it.
Speaker 3: I'm fine.
Speaker 2: How long do you think you can last?
Speaker 3: Long enough. You can't let me die.
Speaker 6: I can do whatever I want, girly. You think you have a say over what happens to you?
Speaker 3: No, I don't. What the Supreme General does. TJ, your breakfast is ready.
Speaker 2: It's about time.
Speaker 3: Shouldn't she eat something?
Speaker 6: Jeannie, don't make it your business. She's not hungry anyway. I want her cell cleaned tonight.
Speaker 3: But where will Erica be?
Speaker 2: Not in the cell.
Speaker 3: Okay, TJ. I'll get it.
Speaker 7: Hola, chica. Is TJ home?
Speaker 2: Send him in.
Speaker 7: Buenos dias, hermano. That food smells good.
Speaker 2: You want some?
Speaker 7: You know I do.
Speaker 1: Jeannie.
Speaker 4: I've got it, TJ.
Speaker 7: You got yourself a fine chica there, TJ. You keep her to yourself?
Speaker 2: No one touches her. Sit down and have a shot.
Speaker 7: Not so fast, brother. Where's the other chica? Miss Savior.
Speaker 2: She's in the cell.
Speaker 7: Can I meet her?
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 2: She's a pain in the ass, Javier.
Speaker 7: She can't be that bad. You're the master.
Speaker 2: That's true. But she's nothing but problems. Don't worry. You'll get to meet her later.
Speaker 7: I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: Jeannie, bring a bottle.
Speaker 3: Here you go, sir. And a bottle with glasses.
Speaker 7: You don't have to call me sir, chica. My name is Javier.
Speaker 2: Whatever Javier wants, get for him. You understand?
Speaker 3: Yes, TJ.
Speaker 7: She is cute, TJ. What are you saving her for?
Speaker 6: Javier, don't touch her. She can choose her own man.
Speaker 2: When she's ready.
Speaker 7: You're a lucky chica. What did you do to earn such a position from TJ?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Ha ha ha. She is too much, TJ.
Speaker 2: Jeannie, go do the dishes.
Speaker 9: Yes, TJ.
Speaker 4: Aren't you headed out with Bowman to scour the towns?
Speaker 7: Getting rid of me already? You're serious about that little girl, aren't you?
Speaker 10: I am.
Speaker 2: I promised her.
Speaker 7: Por qué?
Speaker 2: Don't worry about my business.
Speaker 7: This guy Bowman, he used to be a fed?
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 7: Why him? Why is he on the collection crew?
Speaker 6: He was at the camp in Las Vegas while Erica was there. He hunted that woman for years. He knows what Erica's friends and family look like.
Speaker 1: He hunted her?
Speaker 6: She's always been problems. But she flew under the radar. He could never get enough evidence to bring her in. Or I would have had her years ago.
Speaker 7: Another trophy for yourself?
Speaker 2: Exactly. Don't worry. She'll occupy that spot soon enough.
Speaker 7: I have no doubt, hermano.
Speaker 2: Where are you headed?
Speaker 7: We're covering ground in the towns around where the farmer reported his truck. I figure since we haven't seen the truck since, they must have ditched it and they're on foot.
Speaker 2: They can cover ground quickly. You have a.
Speaker 7: Respect for these fighters that I've never seen before.
Speaker 4: I've seen them in action. Each of them is a skilled fighter.
Speaker 7: Well, hermano, we'll see you later.
Speaker 2: Let's take.
Speaker 11: A break.
Speaker 12: I'll second that.
Speaker 4: Me too, little man.
Speaker 2: I told you that you weren't going to be happy about walking by morning.
Speaker 7: It'll be better to rest during the day, anyhow.
Speaker 2: It's risky to travel with so many people out and about.
Speaker 13: Well said, my Canadian friend. And my legs need to rest big time.
Speaker 4: Are you going to make it, buddy?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I just need to give it a rest.
Speaker 4: Then let's get a tarp set up.
Speaker 14: I'll help.
Speaker 11: All day long.
Speaker 2: Orange haze.
Speaker 13: It's so dreary.
Speaker 15: Bound to break.
Speaker 2: Sometime, right?
Speaker 16: I'm going to head out and see what I can forge to supplement our food supply.
Speaker 3: You want to come, Danny?
Speaker 17: No.
Speaker 14: I think I'm going to stay with Dad.
Speaker 2: Be careful, Star.
Speaker 10: I will, Dad.
Speaker 18: I'll come with you, Star.
Speaker 15: Man, I wish I had that girl's energy.
Speaker 10: My super star.
Speaker 14: You know, Dad, I've been thinking.
Speaker 1: About what?
Speaker 14: I could just adjust a few of the movements in the sword forms to do the movements with pistols. The sword is great for close range, but I need guns to handle more attackers at once.
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 1: I think that would work. Bennett could probably help you refine it when he gets off watch.
Speaker 14: Vince, you need to.
Speaker 19: Eat something before you go on watch.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: I'm just not hungry.
Speaker 3: Greg, he can't go on like this.
Speaker 8: Hey, brother.
Speaker 12: You're already not sleeping much. You're not going to be of any use if you stop eating, too.
Speaker 10: Okay.
Speaker 3: Nothing is growing correctly this year.
Speaker 4: Look how small the cattail shoots are.
Speaker 3: The shoots will be good, but none of the berries are ripe.
Speaker 18: It's weird.
Speaker 1: It's this damn haze covering the sun.
Speaker 10: Look at the forest.
Speaker 2: He's right.
Speaker 13: The trees are sickly. They're going to wither away.
Speaker 1: Not a lot of ash came this way, but I bet the amount that did fall didn't help.
Speaker 4: It's all quiet.
Speaker 15: I'm headed out.
Speaker 3: But you hardly ate anything.
Speaker 1: I'll eat the rest of it later.
Speaker 2: I have got some pocket snacks.
Speaker 1: I will make sure he gets some.
Speaker 2: You got pocket snacks?
Speaker 4: I want some. Oh, you do, do you?
Speaker 15: Calm down.
Speaker 2: You'll get yours.
Speaker 15: Guess I'm headed out with Thor and Odin.
Speaker 4: I'll see you later, babe.
Speaker 3: Be careful.
Speaker 20: Get some sleep.
Speaker 1: You two make sure you get some sleep as well.
Speaker 8: We will, Dad.
Speaker 14: You don't have to tell me twice.
Speaker 4: Good morning, TJ. Well, my morning is good. I don't know about yours.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Mr.
Speaker 11: Lee.
Speaker 2: How's she been doing?
Speaker 4: He meets every challenge and makes sure to exceed it.
Speaker 2: Good fighter. Is everything all set up for the test?
Speaker 8: We're ready.
Speaker 10: Come on.
Speaker 2: The trainees are in the mess. Yes, sir.
Speaker 8: Just wait here.
Speaker 2: Let me do the introduction. Yes, sir.
Speaker 4: Good morning, boys and girls.
Speaker 2: This morning we have a special treat.
Speaker 4: Bow your heads to our fearless leader.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Mr.
Speaker 4: Lee. Good morning.
Speaker 2: DJ, look at me. Are you enjoying the food?
Speaker 17: Yes, sir.
Speaker 4: Are you finding the abilities of your fellow men at arms suitable?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir. Any problems?
Speaker 12: Nothing I can handle, sir.
Speaker 17: Excellent.
Speaker 2: Are you done with your breakfast or should I come back?
Speaker 8: I'm done, sir.
Speaker 2: Stand up. Let's get started.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir.
Speaker 7: Good morning, sir.
Speaker 2: Put him in the pit.
Speaker 21: Yes, sir.
Speaker 2: That's a female one. Interestingly.
Speaker 21: You're in, kid.
Speaker 2: Not bad. You studied her style.
Speaker 10: But she can switch it up.
Speaker 2: Oh, that had to hurt.
Speaker 6: If the boy can't best a female fighter, maybe I should reconsider my decision.
Speaker 4: Just give him a second.
Speaker 2: He's calculating on me.
Speaker 22: See?
Speaker 10: I told you.
Speaker 4: Send in another fighter.
Speaker 11: Come on!
Speaker 6: He's running out of gas.
Speaker 2: I've had him on half rashes.
Speaker 10: Don't work out for a week.
Speaker 2: Send in another.
Speaker 23: He has a maze.
Speaker 2: You like this kid?
Speaker 13: Definitely growing up.
Speaker 2: You want me to throw in another, sir? No, bring him out. Very impressive, son.
Speaker 4: Thank you, sir.
Speaker 6: I've always respected archers.
Speaker 12: My mom used to bow, hon.
Speaker 8: She loves archery.
Speaker 2: You don't say. Mr. Lee, how do the archer numbers look?
Speaker 12: Sir, I'm sorry. I saw the arrow, and I just moved, and I'm sorry, sir.
Speaker 2: No need for explanations, son. You just saved my life. You see this boy? You should all strive to be like him.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir. DJ, go get your black shirt and meet me at the game. Yes, sir.
Speaker 11: Yes, sir.
Speaker 3: Hi, this is Sarah F.
Speaker 16: Hathaway, the creator of the Changing Earth series and the voice of Erica Moore. Visit changingearthseries.com to explore the novels behind the drama and the survival knowledge behind the stories.
Speaker 3: Join the Changing Earth.
Speaker 16: Membership program and get one week early access to the show. We appreciate you helping the Changing Earth world go round. Visit us at www.changingearthseries.com. That's www.changingearthseries.com. I don't.
Speaker 22: Know why you want to come all the way back out.
Speaker 11: Here.
Speaker 7: Ah, you're just worried we're going to be late for the party.
Speaker 8: Maybe a little. TJ has never invited me to one of his private parties.
Speaker 7: Oh, you got promoted.
Speaker 8: You've known TJ for a long time, right?
Speaker 7: Longer than anyone else he knows.
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 8: What was he like as a kid?
Speaker 7: That's not a story for you to hear. Know your role, Bowman.
Speaker 8: Sorry, I mean, he had to be a good fighter, even back then.
Speaker 7: He always was.
Speaker 8: He saved me. I would have died in Las Vegas if you hadn't made me a black shirt.
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 7: The chica saved you. If it weren't for her, you wouldn't have the position you have with TJ.
Speaker 8: I never thought of it that way.
Speaker 7: Give credit where credit is due, amigo.
Speaker 1: Can I help you, sir?
Speaker 7: You saw the red truck we were looking for a few nights ago?
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: They were out in my field.
Speaker 8: Can you describe any of them?
Speaker 9: Well, the main guy doing most of the talking was like a big Viking man. He was scary. I would have asked them for the past myself.
Speaker 7: And how many were there?
Speaker 4: Oh, shoot.
Speaker 8: A lot.
Speaker 9: Maybe ten or fifteen. They had a boy with them, too. I remember because I wanted to buy a boy, but the kid I got was older than I wanted, but he was a hard one.
Speaker 8: How old was the boy?
Speaker 15: Maybe 13.
Speaker 9: Strong young man, that's for sure.
Speaker 8: How about any of the other men? Can you remember anything about them?
Speaker 9: One guy was as big as the Viking. He was chained like a slave, but I could tell that that man was no one's captive. He had a mustache shaved like a walrus, you know, all the.
Speaker 4: Way down his chin.
Speaker 9: Come to think of it, the man they were answering to, his face looked so young, but he was older and experienced.
Speaker 8: That's Bennett and Burgess. I'd put money on it.
Speaker 7: Where's the kid you got that night?
Speaker 9: He's out in the stable, stacking eggs.
Speaker 7: Can I talk to him?
Speaker 9: Sure, but I bought him at the Capitol. He doesn't have anything to do with this.
Speaker 7: It's strange that they showed up the same day you brought him home.
Speaker 2: You can talk to him.
Speaker 15: Well, come on.
Speaker 2: Hey, Johnny.
Speaker 13: Yes, sir.
Speaker 2: Come here.
Speaker 7: Can you give us a minute?
Speaker 10: Yes, sir.
Speaker 15: Let me know when you're finished with him.
Speaker 4: We will.
Speaker 7: Let me see your arm.
Speaker 8: He has an encrypted tag.
Speaker 7: Can you read it?
Speaker 8: Hold on.
Speaker 7: What's it going to say, Nino?
Speaker 4: Nothing important.
Speaker 7: Then why is it encrypted?
Speaker 4: Because my father was a traitor.
Speaker 7: And who was your father? Who was he?
Speaker 2: General Dwayne McClintock.
Speaker 10: Oh, shit.
Speaker 8: He's not lying.
Speaker 7: Did they come to see you?
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 7: Don't lie to me, Chico. This place is much more cozy than the one I could.
Speaker 13: Take you to.
Speaker 4: I said hello because the farmer told me to. I was captured and sold.
Speaker 7: I have a tracker.
Speaker 13: Where am I going to?
Speaker 7: Bowman, radio to Mr. Lee and see what he wants us to do.
Speaker 8: Yes, sir. Nest, come in. Urgent message for command.
Speaker 2: What did you find?
Speaker 8: The kid the farmer bought is General McClintock's son.
Speaker 24: They made contact.
Speaker 8: They definitely saw him.
Speaker 2: You know it was them.
Speaker 8: The farmer described Bennett, Virgis, and the boy. Should we bring home McClintock's boy?
Speaker 10: He has a tracker, right?
Speaker 8: Yes, sir.
Speaker 22: Just get the number and leave him there.
Speaker 8: Yes, sir.
Speaker 7: What did he say?
Speaker 8: Get his tracker number and leave him.
Speaker 7: Serve your master well, Chico, or we'll be back, and your life will be much different.
Speaker 16: Yes, sir.
Speaker 13: Thank you, sir.
Speaker 7: He's clean. Good kid. If you hear anything else, you tell us immediately.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir.
Speaker 2: I'll stay vigilant.
Speaker 25: That's still glowing Under that orange sky Money already Ancient blood flowing.
Speaker 13: From the streets to the end, I keep owning.
Speaker 4: El puño del barrio, forever.
Speaker 10: See?
Speaker 2: DJ could be the next.
Speaker 16: Maybe.
Speaker 12: But this situation with his family bothers me.
Speaker 4: If he knew his.
Speaker 6: Father was alive, would he be so loyal? We should have that problem taken care of soon. It's only a matter of time until they show themselves.
Speaker 10: And then.
Speaker 2: We'll squash them.
Speaker 4: Well, I think we should continue with his training. He's a good pick.
Speaker 2: You're coming by tonight, right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll be there.
Speaker 2: Trust me, you won't want to miss this.
Speaker 24: Well, if she's as impressive as her son, you may actually be right.
Speaker 2: I'll see you later. I've got other work to do before the night begins. Have fun with that.
Speaker 23: Right away Oh, it hits you like a ton of lead.
Speaker 18: Oh yeah, it'll mess with your head.
Speaker 8: Hello, sir.
Speaker 2: You all set?
Speaker 8: Yes, sir.
Speaker 2: You never come here unless you're invited.
Speaker 8: Yes, sir.
Speaker 2: Don't call me sir. My name is TJ.
Speaker 4: Yes, TJ.
Speaker 21: Hi, TJ.
Speaker 2: Have a seat.
Speaker 3: Here you go, TJ.
Speaker 4: Oh, hi.
Speaker 2: You want whiskey or beer?
Speaker 12: I'll take a beer, TJ.
Speaker 2: You heard the man, Jeannie.
Speaker 3: Yes, TJ.
Speaker 12: What are all of these maps about, if you don't mind me asking?
Speaker 2: A bounty I'm hunting.
Speaker 13: Hello, sir?
Speaker 15: Is TJ home?
Speaker 2: Send him in, Jeannie.
Speaker 11: Come on in.
Speaker 2: Dr. Bones, how are you doing tonight?
Speaker 15: Good. Let's go into the kitchen.
Speaker 2: I need a glass of water. Jeannie, get it for him.
Speaker 4: Here you go, sir.
Speaker 3: Should I go to my room, TJ?
Speaker 2: Stay here. I want you to learn how to mix this.
Speaker 8: Yes, TJ.
Speaker 22: I'm especially proud of this, TJ. It should work much quicker than my traditional blend. Even in the state she's in, her body should be able to process it just fine.
Speaker 2: What about missed doses?
Speaker 22: The withdrawals come much faster. Erica will be begging you for more. I'd be impressed if anyone can get off that stuff. She'll never be able to live without it. Like I said, you pushed me outside the box, and I found the golden recipes.
Speaker 2: That's usually what happens when you have to leave your comfort zone. You grow.
Speaker 22: You only need to put a drop of it into a glass of water.
Speaker 15: A little will go a long way. You don't want to give her too much.
Speaker 2: Are you listening, Jeannie? Yes, TJ.
Speaker 6: What if I want to take her off of it eventually? You know I hate this stuff.
Speaker 22: Eventually, you can do whatever you want. Right now, you need her to perform, right?
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 6: Nothing can go wrong on the wedding day. Even if she breaks, this girlie is crafty. I don't know that she could ever be trusted.
Speaker 22: Double her dose on the wedding day. She should keep her mind blank enough to handle the stress of the event. It doesn't change the clarity of the water and barely changes the flavor. It's almost perfect.
Speaker 2: Why isn't it perfect?
Speaker 22: It won't erase all her memories. She'll know mechanical things like how to fight, but her loved ones will be faint memories buried deep within her brain. A perfect mix would completely erase her mind forever.
Speaker 11: Ha ha.
Speaker 2: If you say so, Doc. Thanks for this.
Speaker 22: Of course.
Speaker 15: Have a nice night, TJ.
Speaker 13: Let me know when you need more.
Speaker 2: When I ask you for water for Erica, you make this and bring it to her.
Speaker 11: Uh-huh.
Speaker 13: Yes, TJ. Oh, the worst, best thing.
Speaker 2: What route were you going to take to the capital before you were captured?
Speaker 12: Well, um, truthfully, TJ, Johnny had the route planned.
Speaker 2: You were along for the ride?
Speaker 12: I mean, yeah, I guess so.
Speaker 6: There was your first mistake. Never go without a plan A, B, C, and D. Trusting your friend clouded your focus. We'll fix that.
Speaker 2: DJ, are you home? You know that I am. DJ, go stand in the kitchen. Sit down, my brothers.
Speaker 26: It's so epic that all the boys are getting back together just like old times.
Speaker 13: You think we can get grumpy-ass.
Speaker 26: Lee over here for this one?
Speaker 7: You know we'll have to try. All he does now is sit around on his ass yelling at kids.
Speaker 6: He's still training the finest fighters in the nation. Still doing the same job he's always done. And he already said he's coming.
Speaker 13: No way.
Speaker 7: Nice job, DJ.
Speaker 15: What's the kid doing here in your house?
Speaker 4: That kid saved my life today. Here in a real dinner.
Speaker 7: No joking?
Speaker 2: Come here, DJ. No joke.
Speaker 6: Some slacker misfired his bow at my head. Luckily, DJ was there to save me.
Speaker 2: Check it out. Even bled for me.
Speaker 4: Badass, brother.
Speaker 7: Well, en la que, pull up a chair. Have a cerveza, mi amigo.
Speaker 12: Gracias, senor.
Speaker 7: Smart boy, too. Good pick, DJ.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 25: Fistful of fury, wild and free.
Speaker 27: But the changing earth calls sharpened our blades.
Speaker 8: Turn, brothers, to.
Speaker 15: Reapers in these endless shades.
Speaker 25: From the astro-canyons to the fractured sea, we track them.
Speaker 7: Silent on I want that girl even more, TJ. This spaghetti is delicious.
Speaker 2: You aren't getting her, so shut your damn mouth.
Speaker 7: I'm telling you, DJ, no love. He's got no love for his brother.
Speaker 12: My sister was one hell of a cut. But I don't even think she could make spaghetti this good.
Speaker 7: Your sister? Is she hot?
Speaker 2: Don't worry about it, Javier. We don't discuss the past at this table.
Speaker 13: She was.
Speaker 4: Enough.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, TJ.
Speaker 2: It's not your fault.
Speaker 15: TJ, I brought you a bottle.
Speaker 6: Come on in, Scott. TJ, it's time for you to go home, son. And let the big boys play. Don't get too comfortable, though.
Speaker 2: I may call for you later.
Speaker 7: Yes, TJ.
Speaker 12: Thank you. The spaghetti was awesome.
Speaker 7: Nice meeting you, kid.
Speaker 12: Nice meeting you, too, sir.
Speaker 4: Where am I? No light. No light.
Speaker 13: The bomb shelter?
Speaker 10: Vegas?
Speaker 3: No more chains and cuffs. I promised myself. But here I am. I can't. I can't go on. I'm so thirsty. I can't win. I can't leave. I can't stay awake.
Speaker 11: Where's TJ?
Speaker 4: I need water.
Speaker 19: He took them.
Speaker 3: He took Vince. But it can't take your spirit. Don't you break, Erica. Don't you break.
Speaker 17: Here.
Speaker 3: A whole glass?
Speaker 6: Just for you. Here's your food. I really suggest you try to eat. You're going to need your strength tonight. You didn't earn anything but a bowl of maggots. Who made it this way?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 2: That's right. Now eat.
Speaker 8: I can't.
Speaker 2: Suit yourself. That's right, girly. You can do it.
Speaker 3: So hungry. That wasn't so bad.
Speaker 11: That was.
Speaker 17: Nasty.
Speaker 6: She's so stubborn. Miss Wild and Free. Now that wasn't so tough, was it?
Speaker 2: Reply.
Speaker 3: Can I get some salt next time?
Speaker 2: Push, push, push.
Speaker 6: Just keep pushing, girly.
Speaker 2: That's okay. I'll be back for you later.
Speaker 10: She ate it.
Speaker 4: Ate what?
Speaker 15: DJ has been giving her maggots to eat.
Speaker 13: She's never eaten them before.
Speaker 8: That's disgusting, brother.
Speaker 4: She ate them?
Speaker 2: Yep, without question.
Speaker 20: She's gonna break tonight for sure.
Speaker 15: When's Carl supposed.
Speaker 4: To be here?
Speaker 2: Anytime now.
Speaker 4: I'm a V.I.
Speaker 16: Human trafficking is not fiction. It's a reality in every country. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children explains that every 30 seconds a child is trafficked.
Speaker 3: In the United States.
Speaker 16: If you see something, say something. Dial 888-373-7888 or visit humantraffickinghotline.org for more contact information.
Speaker 3: You may be helping to save a life.
Speaker 12: He is so powerful. He could command the sun. But his place.
Speaker 15: The chains.
Speaker 12: The big boys need time to play. Wonder what that means.
Speaker 4: Scary.
Speaker 12: Mom was there. In that place. Wonder if he really will call for me later. Guess we'll find out later.
Speaker 10: They're not back yet.
Speaker 25: I should have washed this better when it happened.
Speaker 12: Probably mean it's bitches. Oh, wow.
Speaker 28: A fearless mask I'll wear But I'm something more The right I knew is distant Yet it claws inside my chest While the rush of wrong.
Speaker 25: Consumes me Puts my soul to the.
Speaker 10: Test Hey, DJ.
Speaker 2: Where were you all afternoon?
Speaker 4: At TJ's.
Speaker 10: No way.
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 13: That was pretty cool, what you did in this training field.
Speaker 7: I thought you were trying to take TJ out.
Speaker 15: Shut up, Rick.
Speaker 8: DJ wouldn't do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rick.
Speaker 13: You shut up too, James. You thought of the same thing. At least Rick has the guts to admit it.
Speaker 21: How come you still have your shirt on?
Speaker 12: Swimson said he might call for me later.
Speaker 13: To go to his party?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 12: I guess so.
Speaker 13: What was his place like?
Speaker 17: It's simple.
Speaker 12: There's a kitchen, and the other room has his couch and dining table. Oh, but his dinner was amazing.
Speaker 4: Genie can cook.
Speaker 2: We can take him to the market during the week.
Speaker 13: Who was there?
Speaker 12: This creepy doctor guy, Kane.
Speaker 2: Dr.
Speaker 13: Bones was there.
Speaker 10: Why?
Speaker 4: TJ hates to forgive me not.
Speaker 15: Weird.
Speaker 10: Be quiet, guys.
Speaker 8: Let DJ talk.
Speaker 12: Then, Chuck, Yuri, and this guy, Javier, came in.
Speaker 15: Now, I was watching Javier practice yesterday.
Speaker 7: That dude is an awesome boxer.
Speaker 13: He's not lying.
Speaker 2: It was pretty good.
Speaker 10: Pretty good?
Speaker 18: I'm gonna kick your ass in about three seconds.
Speaker 25: But deep within a whisper mourns the boy I used to be. Torn between the light and dark, which one will set me free?
Speaker 15: Here you go, Gimp.
Speaker 13: Thanks.
Speaker 12: You were supposed to be on lookout, not making crutches.
Speaker 4: I did both.
Speaker 6: If he cannot hobble along a little faster... He would not have a leg to stand on by the time we get there.
Speaker 14: A leg to stand on. That's funny.
Speaker 15: Eat your chow and let's get moving, guys.
Speaker 13: We got a good trail scouted.
Speaker 2: Damn, Star. This is good.
Speaker 4: Very good.
Speaker 3: Usually, it's easier to find better ingredients.
Speaker 21: But this year.
Speaker 4: It's going.
Speaker 15: To be interesting.
Speaker 1: Isn't that the truth?
Speaker 9: All right, boys and girls, nothing left to do but get moving.
Speaker 15: You guys know the drill. Six pairs of night vision, four scouts on front, two pairs with the group. Bennett, Nicholton, Starr, and I will blaze the trail.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir.
Speaker 25: Dust chokes the wind under fractured skies. Boots carve the earth where the old roads died. Whispers of thunder chase the fading light.
Speaker 13: We slip through the crowd.
Speaker 6: Sir, we've got more barbed wire up ahead.
Speaker 2: What is the hold up here?
Speaker 15: More fencing. We can't cut anymore. I don't want to leave a trail.
Speaker 13: Then fix it.
Speaker 22: What?
Speaker 13: We can cut the wire by the puss and fix it after we go through.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't it be faster to go over?
Speaker 13: We only need to cut a strand or two.
Speaker 18: The key is to avoid red flags.
Speaker 4: If we go over.
Speaker 18: We may press the fencing down, but animals do the same thing.
Speaker 29: If we cut the line, whether we fix it or not, only a person.
Speaker 4: Can do that.
Speaker 15: Then we go over. Let's keep moving.
Speaker 18: Going to Topeka will take us very close to the capital.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 15: Eric and McClintock are in the capital.
Speaker 2: We need more intel and time.
Speaker 15: So we go to Topeka.
Speaker 1: What did you find, Star?
Speaker 3: There's a neighborhood up there, but it looks abandoned.
Speaker 13: All the homes look like they're intact, but I don't know why people aren't living there.
Speaker 18: Don't they need all the land they can get right now?
Speaker 4: Exactly.
Speaker 15: We've got a route, but let's double time it. Nobody collect water here.
Speaker 3: Why not drink the water, Dad?
Speaker 1: If they abandon the land because of the chemical contamination, the water resources would be compromised as well.
Speaker 27: We've got a small group camped in that home over there.
Speaker 12: Let's go down this alley.
Speaker 25: So we avoid it.
Speaker 2: But he did.
Speaker 6: That means I get two nights with Tina. I'll take the first one tonight once we're done.
Speaker 11: Tonight?
Speaker 4: Tonight?
Speaker 2: You took the bet, my friend.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: Ready to come out and play?
Speaker 3: Can I say no?
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I figured not.
Speaker 4: Give me your hands.
Speaker 3: Yes, TJ.
Speaker 2: Put your shackles on.
Speaker 3: Yes, TJ.
Speaker 6: I want to hear them click tight. Gentlemen, I present Mrs. Erica Moore.
Speaker 24: Mrs.
Speaker 3: Erica Moore.
Speaker 4: Vince.
Speaker 2: Here she comes.
Speaker 13: You said it's been two weeks without food?
Speaker 7: She's strong.
Speaker 13: I'm telling you, Robert.
Speaker 4: I guess we'll see.
Speaker 7: So this is the chica everyone's been looking for? I expected her to be bigger.
Speaker 13: Trust me, Javier.
Speaker 4: This woman is one hell of a fighter.
Speaker 13: No, this chick is a freaking badass. I was just telling TJ, I bet she could do amazing things in the pit.
Speaker 6: And I told you that her face can't get messed up yet.
Speaker 4: And I'm not sure I want it messed up at all. She's so pretty. Seriously, Mr. Lee.
Speaker 13: TJ lit her up something fierce. And she still didn't break.
Speaker 2: It was epic.
Speaker 13: Let's see what she can take, TJ.
Speaker 2: Don't worry, Scott. She won't disappoint.
Speaker 7: Damn, T.J., that's some fine work right there.
Speaker 2: We call that the pain frame.
Speaker 10: Right, Carl? Oh, shit.
Speaker 17: Oh, shit.
Speaker 4: Oh, shit.
Speaker 3: I can't break it.
Speaker 6: Ever since I first met Miss Erica Moore, I've only wanted her to tell me one thing.
Speaker 10: T.J.
Speaker 2: I will never run from you. She killed two of.
Speaker 6: My top men, bringing her home, and callous others when I sent them to capture her in the past. She's escaped three times from my personal custody, if you can believe that. After all of this, I'm still going to give her the opportunity to end our whole night if she will just tell me what I want to hear.
Speaker 4: Give in.
Speaker 8: Damn you.
Speaker 2: Say it and mean it.
Speaker 3: Say the words, and I'm the person.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 13: I have to face them in heaven.
Speaker 3: Piss off, TJ.
Speaker 1: Oh, man.
Speaker 7: This chica has some cojones.
Speaker 15: Let me go first, TJ.
Speaker 8: I told you.
Speaker 7: Didn't I tell you?
Speaker 6: That's why I tell everyone you can't underestimate this girly ever.
Speaker 2: Let's get the pain frame lit.
Speaker 7: Up.
Speaker 10: Ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha!
Speaker 11: Ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha!
Speaker 2: Ha ha ha ha ha!
Speaker 11: Ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha!
Speaker 7: No noise? You're not doing it right, TJ. Let me try.
Speaker 11: You two.
Speaker 10: Both suck.
Speaker 29: You gotta get some Nordic strength on that one.
Speaker 17: Why won't you pray?
Speaker 11: Why won't you yield?
Speaker 7: Oh, sweet Maria, how could you let me down? This woman can't feel the warmth of your touch.
Speaker 4: Go over and listen, Javier.
Speaker 15: This time it's the one. She pass out yet?
Speaker 10: Nope.
Speaker 1: She can take more.
Speaker 7: Watch this time.
Speaker 24: Knock that shit off you're gonna ruin her muscle she wants to pass out by now i've never seen anything like it most men will be crying for the pain to stop or be passed out by.
Speaker 8: Now like i told you robert badass can't say i.
Speaker 4: Disagree Let me in your mind, girly.
Speaker 2: You want a drink of water? Maybe you could have some. You've learned manners. Tell me what I want to hear. Say it and mean it.
Speaker 10: No!
Speaker 11: I will not break!
Speaker 7: I ain't in my bones, I'll never break! This chica is tough!
Speaker 4: Maybe we should bring her to the pit.
Speaker 1: The user's a sparring dummy.
Speaker 4: She's so tough.
Speaker 2: After the wedding, Mr.
Speaker 10: Lee.
Speaker 13: Uh, after the wedding?
Speaker 26: Imagine what this woman could do in the bedroom, and you're going to let the Supreme General have her first?
Speaker 8: D.J., you've been tracking her for years.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Good morning, D.J., D.J.
Speaker 20: You get to have all of our favorites. The Supreme General would never know.
Speaker 2: You dumbasses make the bets. It's not my fault you lose them.
Speaker 7: Put her on her knees, TJ.
Speaker 15: Supreme Leader can have the first stab.
Speaker 18: That doesn't mean she can't take care of us first.
Speaker 17: This hunger devours Back up, Scott.
Speaker 2: She's mine.
Speaker 6: You should consider yourself lucky I even let your whip touch her back.
Speaker 18: Whoa, okay, T.J.
Speaker 12: Damn, man.
Speaker 15: Come on, boys.
Speaker 4: If T.J.
Speaker 24: Doesn't want to share, at least we.
Speaker 13: Can still drink.
Speaker 11: Give in. Damn you.
Speaker 13: Make me complete.
Speaker 15: Don't worry, Scott.
Speaker 7: The girls will be here soon.
Speaker 4: Leave it be, man. She still has a role to play.
Speaker 6: Someone else still has a role to play, too.
Speaker 2: Yuri, go get DJ.
Speaker 29: Prepper Broadcasting Network is nine dynamic hosts, seven podcasts a week, live shows, chat rooms, daily updates, all on prepping, survival, and patriotism. Visit prepperbroadcasting.com for your dose of self-reliance and independence.
Speaker 15: Do you think TJ will call for you?
Speaker 13: It's been a few hours now. The parties there go all night.
Speaker 2: I heard they are the best.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 13: TJ's top shelf liquor is so smooth.
Speaker 10: Never had any. I did.
Speaker 11: When?
Speaker 4: This guy I met at the pit. He had some.
Speaker 2: I bet it's all watered down. What do you think that they're doing?
Speaker 13: TJ's probably drinking.
Speaker 2: You've been there, TJ.
Speaker 15: What'd you think?
Speaker 4: Yeah, TJ.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 12: He had those chains on the wall.
Speaker 2: Of course he did.
Speaker 7: He retrains refugees.
Speaker 2: That woman, Susan, that was a Margaret.
Speaker 10: She tried to.
Speaker 2: Kill him years ago.
Speaker 13: He broke her.
Speaker 7: And remember Angelo?
Speaker 10: DJ messed that dude up.
Speaker 15: DJ, get your butt up, you piece of garbage.
Speaker 20: DJ wants you.
Speaker 17: Yes, sir.
Speaker 4: Move your feet.
Speaker 12: Ow, I'm coming!
Speaker 15: You want to talk to me, boy?
Speaker 11: No, sir.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 20: It would give me nothing but pleasure to watch the life drain from your eyes.
Speaker 12: I'm sorry I can't give you the honor, sir.
Speaker 20: Don't think you're something you're not.
Speaker 15: Without TJ, you are nothing. Don't you forget that.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir.
Speaker 4: Get up.
Speaker 10: Let's go.
Speaker 12: Yes, sir.
Speaker 4: This is not decent.
Speaker 7: Let me in on that. Let's see how many more this girlie can take.
Speaker 18: Oh, this woman's gonna take it.
Speaker 13: I could crush you.
Speaker 17: Bend every bone But.
Speaker 27: It's your soul I need on.
Speaker 30: The throne The final submission The one.
Speaker 4: I can't take.
Speaker 18: It's tearing me.
Speaker 1: Open for.
Speaker 17: Heaven's sake.
Speaker 13: Unbroken.
Speaker 11: Unchained.
Speaker 8: Why won't you break?
Speaker 4: Look who's here.
Speaker 10: Baxter.
Speaker 2: Tell me what I want to hear. Your son dies. Come here, boy.
Speaker 3: Don't hurt him, TJ.
Speaker 22: Please.
Speaker 2: Tell me what I want to hear.
Speaker 3: TJ, I promise I will never run from you.
Speaker 2: Tell me again.
Speaker 3: TJ, I promise you, I will never run from you.
Speaker 2: TJ, come here.
Speaker 3: TJ? The girl with the wit marks. He's wearing a wit.
Speaker 2: I would never kill this boy. I think of him as my own son.
Speaker 3: Don't you touch him!
Speaker 2: You don't make demands of me, woman. Who is your god?
Speaker 3: You are, TJ.
Speaker 2: That's right, I am.
Speaker 4: Jeannie.
Speaker 8: Yes, TJ?
Speaker 2: Get Eric a glass of water.
Speaker 3: Yes, TJ.
Speaker 2: Good girls get rewards.
Speaker 3: Thank you, TJ.
Speaker 2: Now we're getting.
Speaker 4: Somewhere you're the master my.
Speaker 6: Brother you did a great job son you understand I would never let Yuri harm you I needed you.
Speaker 7: For this I understand sir.
Speaker 12: Glad I could be of assistance.
Speaker 10: Excellent.
Speaker 7: Leave the kid alone, TJ. He needs a shot.
Speaker 6: No hard feelings, brother. You understand that this woman is the Supreme General, right?
Speaker 13: You're the man in charge.
Speaker 18: You always have been.
Speaker 2: Come here.
Speaker 6: This is my private stash. Best moonshine made since the Great Quake.
Speaker 2: This bottle is yours.
Speaker 29: No hard feelings, brother.
Speaker 7: Aw, you guys get to make up.
Speaker 2: Shut up, jerk-off.
Speaker 8: Let me get a shot of that stuff, Scott.
Speaker 7: DJ never shares it.
Speaker 13: So where's the kid?
Speaker 2: With Mr.
Speaker 10: Lee.
Speaker 13: Oh, that will not be.
Speaker 7: Come on, let's go save.
Speaker 11: Him.
Speaker 13: So you're the son of Erica Moore.
Speaker 8: Yes, sir.
Speaker 4: Well, it all makes sense now. You know TJ's taking a big risk training you. You better make him proud or they'll be hell to pay.
Speaker 26: Dude, your mom is one badass mama. After all this is said and done, we're going to have some good time together, little brother.
Speaker 6: Don't fill his mind up with the future. The focus is always the now.
Speaker 13: You're just a stick in the mud.
Speaker 7: Always focus on the next objective. Having a family and taking a break will be good for.
Speaker 19: You, buddy.
Speaker 6: Speaking of the next objective, the girls will be here soon. And I still have a job to finish. You better head back to your bunk. But you did a great job here tonight, son.
Speaker 4: Thank you, sir. Come on, I'll walk you back.
Speaker 7: You're leaving already?
Speaker 13: Y'all have fun.
Speaker 11: I'm out of.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 2: Where are we at?
Speaker 3: I'm right here, sir.
Speaker 4: Sir?
Speaker 2: What's your name? I, um. I.
Speaker 3: Mrs. Erica Moore, sir.
Speaker 2: Sir again.
Speaker 4: Interesting.
Speaker 2: You're married? Who's your husband, Erica? I.
Speaker 14: I.
Speaker 2: What happened to him?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Do you have any kids?
Speaker 19: No.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't... Who is your God?
Speaker 3: You are, TJ.
Speaker 4: Tell me what I want to hear.
Speaker 3: TJ, I will never run from you.
Speaker 2: And you said I couldn't control your mind.
Speaker 4: I did?
Speaker 13: Yes.
Speaker 6: And there you have it. It may have taken a while, but eventually they all break.
Speaker 13: I'm impressed, DJ.
Speaker 19: Whispers in the haze Pulling me under Faces fade like dust in the desert wind I reach for the light But it's slipping, brother Memories bleed out Where do I begin?
Speaker 8: You know, DJ, you have a real good future ahead of you here.
Speaker 4: Thank you, sir.
Speaker 8: No, DJ, I'm serious.
Speaker 4: I'm the one who trained DJ.
Speaker 24: I found him when he was just a bully little boy.
Speaker 9: Scared to turn a corner.
Speaker 17: But he.
Speaker 4: He was a race fighter like you were.
Speaker 24: You could be absolutely unstoppable with.
Speaker 2: The right training and dedication.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 9: Unbelievable.
Speaker 4: You need time to think about it.
Speaker 24: Most of the fighters around here would be ecstatic to have the personalized attention you receive. You need time to think about it.
Speaker 12: I just want to make sure I'm fighting for the right reasons, sir.
Speaker 10: It's amazing.
Speaker 24: You can dominate anything, yet you are humble, respectful, and compassionate. The world is what it is now, and people gotta eat. How do you think we can afford all those supplies and food to feed this many fighters?
Speaker 7: I understand, sir. But I was in the system.
Speaker 12: I lived it.
Speaker 4: Look at your wrist.
Speaker 2: You are in the system.
Speaker 24: Remember, do you want to train to lead or follow?
Speaker 14: Lead, sir.
Speaker 4: Good answer, son. Now get back to your boom.
Speaker 7: Yes, sir.
Speaker 30: Do I chase the warmth I lost or embrace this sharpened edge? Am I still the dreamer or a shadow on the ledge?
Speaker 7: The choice is like a blade. It cuts me to the bone.
Speaker 30: To stand in my forever or to find my way back home.
Speaker 12: She did it for me. I was the reason she broke.
Speaker 8: Stupid freaking idiot.
Speaker 27: Drifting in the silence where my battles never cease. A soul caught in the balance Torn between war and peace The power pulls me forward But the past won't let me go Who am I beneath it all?
Speaker 4: I may never know.
Speaker 2: Dolores, my sweet, welcome.
Speaker 27: Hello, T.J.
Speaker 2: And the lovely Miss Tina. Come on in.
Speaker 4: Hi, T.J.
Speaker 13: Can I take her to her room, T.J.? No, she.
Speaker 2: Stays here, Dolores.
Speaker 21: Erica?
Speaker 6: Get on your knees. She's going to put cream on your back, and you're going to let her.
Speaker 3: Okay, TJ.
Speaker 2: Here, let's get that hair out of your face. Does that feel better?
Speaker 3: Yes, TJ. Why did my back hurt so badly?
Speaker 4: You had an accident, but it's fine now.
Speaker 3: Why do I have a chain around my neck?
Speaker 2: Because sometimes you're violent.
Speaker 3: I'm scared.
Speaker 2: Come here.
Speaker 4: It's okay.
Speaker 2: Everything's going to be okay now.
Speaker 11: Come on.
Speaker 2: We're going to chain you to the wall for a while.
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 2: Those violent tendencies, remember?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm so tired. I'll never run from you, T.J.
Speaker 2: This is for your own good.
Speaker 3: Okay, T.J.
Speaker 2: Good girl.
Speaker 7: Beautifully done, T.J. That's why you're the master.
Speaker 2: Thanks, Chuck. Now where's Tina?
Speaker 5: Thank you for listening to the Changing Earth audio drama based on the Changing Earth novel series by Sarah F.
Speaker 13: Hathaway.
Speaker 5: Grab your copy on Amazon or get signed editions at changingearthseries.com.
Speaker 2: This content is copyrighted.
Speaker 5: For details on performers, sound effects, and music credits, visit changingearthseries.com, where you can subscribe to support the series and keep the adventure alive.
Speaker 4: Check out the Changing Earth store for exclusive gear.
Speaker 2: Love the show.
Speaker 5: Like, subscribe, and drop a review on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, YouTube, Rumble, or your favorite platform. Stay prepared and stay tuned for the next episode of the Changing Earth Audio Drama.