Speaker 1: Aaron Rodgers has packed his bags and he's heading elsewhere. But he's leaving some luggage, some cap ramification, certainly from Aaron Rodgers and the rest of his band of crew and characters. We're gonna explain what that has to do with the New York Jets cap But we got a special guest. Baby. Boy Green Daily starts right frigging out. I'm gonna lose my gosh darned bananas. Boy Green Daily starts now, Zuets. I made it clear that my intention was to play, and my intention was to play for the New York Jets. What what's going on? Beautiful people on poles? To Junior aka Boy Green, I'm the New York Jets digital reporter for eavy dot com. Welcome to Boy Green Daily Daily, New York Jets video show. Also available wherever you get your friggin podcast you animals, just search Boy Green gosh darn Daily. Baby, And before we get started, I see we've got some activity happening here on the show with mother fing ch gifting a Boy Green coffee club membership or one out. And he ain't the only one. I see our number one Austrian Jets fan Baby also getting involved in the action. Hey, now that's what we like to see. Those two new members to the Boy Green Coffee Club are og Jets Fan nineteen eighty five and also let's give one out for dB ninety four. Those are a raffle ticket apiece for a number one Austrian Jets fan. Also MFC. That increases our number one Austrian jet fan to ninety four raffle tickets so far this month and MFC with seven. Thank you so much, we could flip the banner here in just a moment. We also have a very special guest joining us popping his Boy Green Daily Jerry Baby. That happening here on the program and just a moment, I wanted to give a quick salute to our number one Ostrao Jet fan and MFC. By the way, make sure you guys subscribe to the channel. We're doing two giveaways right now. Once read seventy five hundred subscribers, we're seventy five subscribers away from that. It's free to subscribe to the channel. Will be giving away a free piece of New York Jets memorabilia autograph New York Jets Member billion to one lucky subscriber, and also we got this giveaway going on all you Raffle ticket goers that'll be going on throughout the rest of February. We're giving away a New York Jets signature football New York Jet's Nike Saluted Service long sleeving to custom Laser and gravy Jets Boy Green gift back at it there for Pete's sake, So keep setting in those Raffle tickets. They're only two hundred nine a piece of super chats, memberships, gifting memberships, all that jazz all counts. Also, with all that being said, let's bring in our special guest to talk all things New York did. Do you know who this guy is? He's the co host of Jet Nation Radio and I must, of course read this very important line. Be sure to log in a jet nation dot com where you can register and become a part of what is the most active Jets message board on the gosh darn whib. Dylan Friggin' Terreman grazes us with this presence this morning. What's up, Dylan, Paul so.
Speaker 2: Happy to be on. I appreciate it. I love the salute to Glenn given the line about our forums on jetnation dot com, which you should become a part of because they are. It's a rabbit hole for good or bad. So happy to be on. Usually these pods I do are seven thirty pm, so adjusting, and I got the coffee set up, but I'm ready to go. It's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Fun, beautiful. I see that you got the fresh Senior Bowl hat on. He got the Senior Bowl merchandise back there with your media credentials. It's great to see your well equipped.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Yeah, year four, so I got four lanyard sticking up there. The Swiss cheese one is the most recent one, but yeah, year four. I feel like I'm a grizzled vet down in Mobile now and it's only a matter of time before they call me up to ask for my scouting reports.
Speaker 1: Right, That's what I'm talking about. Baby. We'll definitely pick your brain about that in a moment. But the most pressing question since Aaron Rodgers parting of ways again I guess it will be officially official once we get to the new league year, is what the hell does that do for the Jets cap situation and what's going to be happening there And for people who don't know, the early reporting is that the Jets are likely to release Aaron Rodgers that with a post June one designation, and to do that, they must carry him on the roster until March twelfth. Then they will cut him and then he will be released and can sign with any team. He's allowed to talk to any team right now because the Jets officially announced it their intention to part ways with him, so he's allowed to talk to teams right now, but just can't sign until he is officially released on March twelfth. So they're going to have to if they choose to do that at post June one, they're gonna have to split the remaining dead cap of forty nine million dollars over two years. It would be fourteen million in twenty twenty five thirty five million in twenty twenty six. In that scenario, his current cap number of twenty three and a half million will be on the Jets books until June second it drops to fourteen million, which will give them a savings of nine and a half million for twenty twenty five. I'm not sure what the hell is going to be available in mid June to use that money on, but that's a different coverisation for a different day. Like I said, he will be free to sign with teams on March thirteenth. He is allowed to speak with teams immediately. The other option is they could release him right now, and that would mean they absorb the forty nine million in dead cap all right now and the same accounts if they were to trade at which again appears unlikely. Let me start there, Dylan, with your opinion here. Would you eat it all right now or would just split it if it was up to you on the dead cap charges that exist with Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was asked this question by Glenn on Thursday, and my opinion at the time was that it didn't really matter. I think either way, you have to find a cost effective quarterback to offset the heavy dead cap, regardless if you're taking the forty nine now or fourteen this year and thirty five next year. Since then, the next last couple of days, I've kind of sat on it and thought about it. I'd prefer them to split it up only because you take the fourteen this year and it allows you to have a quarterback, probably a veteran, on your books for twenty twenty five without exploding the percentage of cap that you're using at the quarterback position. I look at guys like Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawrence, the fifty five and up group, you know, the fifty million group. Their percentage of cap is like thirty percent. I don't want the Jets to be paying thirty percent of cap space for quarterbacks that aren't here or aren't going to produce. So you take the fourteen for Aaron Rodgers, you bring in an eight to twelve million dollar veteran, you could still sign a guy in the draft. You're looking at a room that doesn't cost a ton. It's probably gonna be about twenty four percent of your cap space, which obviously keeps going up every year. So I think I've kind of changed my tune and said, let's take it on the back end instead, because next year you would assume that the Jets have their starting quarterback in place on a costly, cost effective deal, and that would kind of mitigate the thirty five. So I would take the fourteen now instead of forty five up front. Because we've saw the Broncos do it, but they hit on their Hall of Fame coach and quarterback. So unless you think the Jets can replicate that to a t, I'd say split it up and take fourteen and then thirty five.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then the other factor that I think agrees with your stance of splitting it up is the cap goes up for every year. Shit, let's say the cap goes up twenty million. You're pushing this, Aaron Rodgers can down the road of the thirty five million that we talked about. The cap goes up twenty million, then in theory to you, it's only a fifteen million dollars of what you had, and you're like, oh, okay, it's a little bit more reasonable. Yeah. I was the advocate of let's just let's just take our medicine now like a goodbye, and sit in the corner and take all the dead down. But you know, the same thing, the more marination I do that obviously behooves and benefits the jets immediately for contending and competing. Again, sometimes you get lucky and get a talented rookie that just blows up and you just eat the dead cap and that it all works out. But you know, that's easier said than done, I suppose as far as that's concerned. And also, where did you stand on Aaron Rodgers staying or going what It's a very divisive topic among Jet Nation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I've already seen the comments blasting people one way or the other. This morning, I was very much in the we should probably bring him back. It's not a surprise. I'm a huge Rogers fan since before he came to the Jets. So like, it's the guy that i've like, you know, looked up to as a quarterback, because the Jets don't have quarterbacks to look up too, quite frankly, so I would say I was in the camp of keep him, although when Saul was fired, I immediately came out and said, nobody's safe. Joe's not safe, Aaron's not. A lot of the young core might not even be safe. And obviously we're seeing those arguments take place currently about the young core. But yeah, I was very much in the mindset, especially watching the last five six games. Obviously I know Buffalo and Seattle was grouped into those five or six games, but I was very much of he looks healthy, let's bring him back. Second year off the Achilles to me sounds a lot better than you know, first year off an Achilles. I understand the age ramifications, but I also have some of these same people telling me that Kirk Cousins is gonna be better on a second year removed from his acl and I understand there's seven years Achilles. Yeah, I understand there's seven years apart. But Kirk Cousins is just as washed up as people who said Aaron Rodgers has washed up. So to me, I was very much, let's keep Rogers for one more year. It kind of relieves the onus to find your quarterback right away. I think Aaron Glenn now has you know, started, he turned over the hourglass and now the sand is falling on his time to find a quarterback. Not to say he can't do it or you know, but we know what happens when coaches fail to find their quarterback. It usually doesn't go well. So I was very much of let's run it back one more year, try to you know, retool instead of rebuild. But obviously they had different plans. I'm not gonna, you know, say fire Aaron Glenn, fire Moojie just because I disagree, but I think until we know the quarterback in place to replace him, it's hard to reserve all of my judgment. But I disagreed with it. For sure.
Speaker 1: All right, let me ask you a quicker side here. Are you trying to take the Jets' best beard game among Jets podcast as you've been how long have you been growing that thing? It's like, yeah, I mean it's quite threatened. You know, I've got like it's a great girth going on here, great great volume. But you know, I've noticed that you've sort of been, you know, manifesting that for a while. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, when when this is all you can grow, you gotta kind of take care of what you can. I don't there there's nothing coming in over here. My mustache is so small. So yeah, you got to take care of what you can, right, You got to water the grass in the yard that you have, regardless of it is.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, blessed be he there's no question about it. Again, we got yeah, yeah, you damn straight I do. How can you miss that puppy? Again? We got Dylan Gash darn Tarreman, maybe the co host of Jet Nation Radio here on the program. Make sure you, guys again be sure to not get a jet Nation dot com We can register become a part of what is the most active judge message board on the web, or so I heard, so feel free to do that, baby, keep those questions and comments flowing. Maybe any super chats for Dylan and myself, we'll make sure we answer those. Will also open up the phone lines here in just a little bit. So, okay, everyone says, hey, fire this guy, fire this guy, fire this guy. The follow up is, well, who the hell's gonna replace him? And hey, we got Tyrod Taylor, you know ty God, we got Jordan Travits, We've got former UFL MVP Adrian Martinez. So maybe we're all set, baby, Maybe we don't need anything, but Dylan, who is your most optimal whether the one you're rooting for, the one that you're banging the table for, should be the starting quarterback for the New York JITs the twenty twenty five is.
Speaker 2: Oom starting quarterback. I'm gonna have to give you two names because I do genuinely think two people will start for the Jets next year. I think it would be Tyrod and Justin Fields. I would love a room of Fields. I guess I shouldn't say love, but I would accept a room of fields. Tyrod. And I'm a big rookie advocate for Will Howard, so I know everybody's gonna say, oh my gosh, Ohio State Buckeyes, they don't know how to, you know, have quarterbacks come into the NFL. I obviously would argue with CJ. Stroud, But if you get two Buckeye quarterbacks Justin Fields and Will Howard to mix with Tyrod Taylor, maybe they all three end up starting a game in twenty twenty five, which isn't really you know, ideal, but other than last year, we've seen this, especially since I has been hired, three quarterbacks start every year, So it looks like we're kind of trending back into that path. But I would say right now the one that would tickle my fancy the most would be Justin Fields Tyrod Taylor. And then you go get yourself like Will Howard at pick ninety.
Speaker 3: Two or something like that.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you real quick, because you just mentioned something that I love bringing up every draft season. My good buddy Jordan Reed, he's now and he has been at a draft does he's a big wag now and we'll have him on the show, I'm sure at the some point before the draft. But he always said to scout the player, not the side of the helmet. About and to your very point, right Ohio State quarterback, there's all these stereotypes with certain colleges and certain positions and all that. How do you look into that because right outside of C. J. Stroud, you know, unless you're a big Troy Smith fan, I guess where do you stand on those evaluations? Because they come up every single year. It's Ohio State quarterbacks is a very prevalent one. But there's all kinds of things like certain colleges and offensive linemen, and some of them could be good. It isn't always bad. Some are good too. But what do you make when that comes up? Is that all hogwash? When fans bring that up?
Speaker 2: I think so? I mean, to me, people only say scout the helmet, not the player when they're talking about somebody who they view as bad, and they're just gonna push the narrative of oh, this school doesn't produce quarterbacks or wide receivers. All it takes is one to reverse the trend. You know, I can't think of the example of like a smaller or unknown school guy that like made it and everybody's like, oh that school doesn't produce, But all it takes is one guy to come out and change the entire narrative about things. I thought CJ. Stroud was going to do that coming out of Ohio State. So to me, that's one of the very first things I write on my prospect database is gather as many names as possible, scout the name, not the helmet, and then you know from there. It's like injuries, transfers, captain awards, off season opt outs, things like that. So it's very important on the list of things because you catch yourself doing this. It's like, oh, I watched an Ohio State quarterback last year, or I watched this wide receiver from this school last year. I already have a bad taste in my mouth because of that. So this wide receiver is gonna get knocked. I think it's easy to just wipe everything clean. I don't even look unless it's like late into the film. I don't look at time distance, certain situations when you know, I'll go back and look at Okay, was that a third down, was that a first down? Whatever? But there's a lot of times I take so much context out of the film just so I can watch the player himself, and a lot of times you just you don't even you look right through the helmet. So I think it's important for people who are trying to get into this stuff to not take a bias one way or the other, because you can have a happy bias and say Lsu produces wide receivers at such an insane rate, like I don't care that Kyraen Lacy just killed somebody in a car accident. I'm gonna take him anyway. So like there's negatives and positives to it all. I think it's very important to scout the player, not the helmet, because people fall into that quite often.
Speaker 1: So with that being said, why the hell are you on Will Howard? Oh, Willy Well? Why you're on Willy Big Willy.
Speaker 2: So this week I've done a ton of studying on Will. I just got access to more film that I wasn't aware of that was out there in the world. So I've found thirteen games of Will Howard film. I've watched six, I have seven left to go to me. I mean, he's just they're all in that cluster of like third Round.
Speaker 1: Who if they are?
Speaker 2: Jackson Dart from Ole Miss, Kyle McCord from Sarah Hughes, Will Howard from Ohio State, Jaln Milroe even from Alabama, and specifically with Darton Milroe. When I was in a mobile, I was really coming away with, Okay, one of these guys is going to be the trade up target on day one. They're probably second round talent right now, but they can improve their stock. To me, I don't think either one did, and if anything, it made me solidified in my stance of two quarterbacks go at the top Sha Duran Ward, and then you have a drop off until probably pick sixty five, which is the first pick in the third round, and that's where I feel the most comfortable taking that group of guys Dart, milrow Ward, McCord. That's funny Howard and McCord. So I would say they're all lumped into that group. But Will Howard, to me, maybe it's just a recency bias if I've been watching him all week, but his mechanics, his processing, the size element. He's six five, two thirty five. This is gonna get absolutely blown up in all the worst ways. But it's okay because it's seven thirty in the morning. I like in the way that he plays football to a very very light version of Jalen Hurts, the way that he can maneuver with his mobility, it's not great, but we've saw Jalen can run. We've I've seen too many plays where Will Howard turned a four yard gain into like a seven to eight yard gain and it didn't need to be you know, he put his shoulder down. I think he can throw the ball all over the field, except his deep accuracy and his deep past strength. I think those are his two weaknesses for me. But the mechanics and the poise and the calm in the pocket, that's something to me where even Alabama mill Jalen Hurts excuse me showing that, but then Oklahoma Jalen Hurts really showed it to me when he was able to link up with Ceed Lamb. And then you just see that poise and that maturity grow into the NFL. And I'm not saying Howard is gonna mirror Jalen Hurts his career to a t. Obviously, Jalen Hurts is a special talent. But Will Howard to me, has those traits where it's like, Okay, on third, fourth and one, you need a tush push guy. I've seen Will Howard do it six times now already, and he's gained probably about four yards on every tush push and they're not really pushing him. I don't know if the college rules are a little different, but it's a lot of him generating that yardage. It's not the running backs pushing him from behind. So to me, if you want to mirror what the Eagles do, I would say, grab a guy like Will Howard because Jalen six to one. Excuse me, Howard six 's four. But the way that they run, the way that they play football, to me, it just kind of speaks the same. So I'm a huge fan of Hurts and I think that that would be a great third round option. Obviously, Hurts was not a first round pick. He was picked fifty one. I don't think you know, you take Howard high. But if you really think that, if you agree and say that you can see some Jalen Hurts in his game, I don't know. Maybe it is worth a late two, but I still think early three for that entire cluster of quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: So as Will Howard on the board at ninety two when the Jets are picking late in the third round, which is the Detroit Lions third round pick from the draft trade last.
Speaker 2: Year, Yeah, probably, depending on what the other quarterbacks look like. I mean, maybe if Dart is there, I would consider it. I'm just not a big fan of his mechanics. I think he throws off his back foot a little too much. There's plays that are being clipped out on Twitter that, oh, look at this great NFL Sunday throw, and it's him standing in the pocket delivering while taking a shot, and it's like, okay, in the NFL, though half a second less time he's taking that hit, he's throwing wobbly, he's probably getting picked off. So there's things to like about Dart. I have to fully dive in. I've only done two games of Dart, and now that I have the new film, I have ten more games. So it's a long process. I wish I didn't have. I have to spend so much time on quarterbacks, but this is the most important position of football, of all of sports. So I'm gonna take my time on these two guys, specifically because I think at the end of the day, the Jets are very likely to grab one of the two.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get into some of your senior ball action here before we open up the phone lines, and all you guys could yell at Dylan too. His face, which which we appreciate to give that. You give that ability to you guys dot com slash boy her two five go ahead.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, I can't wait to tell June my actual age because he told me I'm nine and look like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw that, So I'm very much looking forward to that big reveal that TJ. I saw that from June. Oh boy, June's very passionate, so I'm looking forward.
Speaker 2: I love June.
Speaker 1: Yeah that should that should be uh yeah.
Speaker 2: Random sidebar. I saw I was watching content one day and June called into all the shows and every time he had a different Jets hat on, and I swear every hat got cooler and cooler. So shout out to June. Okay, you're dedicated. I like it. I like the merch too.
Speaker 1: I've seen him do this before, so like June, even on this show is one more for hat. So he's won a hat one time and then he you know, normally callers calling once and then they leave, and you know that's fine, give everyone an opportunity to share. But for some reason someone wanted to then call out June. I'm like, oh boy, June, wherever you are in the universe. Sometimes he's he hangs out in the green room, but sometimes he'll call and then just leave. And yeah, someone called him out, so wherever he was in his house, he must have heard a way and then like ran to his computer but had a different jets hat on. I never said anything. I heard just but I just went ahead. No, I'm like, okay, He's like, hey man, you know it's a different appearance, a different op.
Speaker 2: So a GM to wear different hats sometimes.
Speaker 1: Apparently, and that he has that he had and bags. I don't know if you saw that episode, but the bag at June GM lasted a little bit after that Aaron Rodgers incident. So yeah, yeah, oh boy, yeah it it went south pretty quick. I'm going to be honest. But any who, let's get some senior ball action in. So you got to go down a mobile. You said you've been there this year fourth the whack at the Mobile Alabama Pinata. What the by the way, what the hell's going on in Mobile? Okay, obviously we got the Senior Bowl, but like outside of the Ceder Bowl, like you know, Cedier Bowl practices aren't all day and night. What are you doing when Senior Bowl action isn't happening, Dylan derrim.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the the whole week is Monday to Saturday, but I only go Tuesday through Thursday, so I only go for the practices. I don't go for the games. And that's not to say you can't take anything from the games. I just I prefer to, you know, expedite the trip back and get back for Monday to get back to my normal job. But Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, you got practice to to practice sessions, you're able to do interviews in between on field, which is always a madhouse. But shout out to our buddies dom C and Jet's Chaos because they get in line super fast. They get down on the field and they pump out those interviews. So you get the interviews between practices. And then the night life. I mean, you could really do whatever you want. You could stay in and do con. You could go in you know, downtown and go to the bar. I chose to go to this bar called a Habit Dasher on I believe Tuesday night after the first set of practices, and I'm sitting there eating my steak, just enjoying my drink and talking to some guys that was their first year there, and they're leaving the bar and they turn around and their eyes are wide like they just saw a ghost. And they come running back. They're like, hey, Ian Rappaport and Tom Pelsero are coming in right now. I was like, okay, like I've seen these guys. It's not a big deal. It wasn't just them. It was it was Ian, it was Tom, it was Jeremy Fowler, Lindsay Rhodes, Mike Mayock, all the ESPN guys, Matt Miller, Matt Bowen, there was another Idzich was there, Dimitrov was there. Like all these guys just started flooding and women, excuse me, He started flooding the bar and I'm sitting there eating my steak and I'm like, oh, okay, let me just push this to the side and joined in on the conversation. And I've met Matt Miller before in years past at mobile events, so nice guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was choking with him a little bit. He remembered me from the meetup too, which is cool. Cool, But it's just is that random Inmobile where you could just be sitting alone and then all of a sudden you're flooded with some of the most you know, famous, I guess media outlets and in the sport, and I'd spent spent another forty five minutes in the bar, and I didn't have another drink, but I just sat there and listened and talked and just enjoyed the conversation. And then that's kind of the my favorite part of it, to be honest, Like you walk past like general managers that aren't getting access to the bars because they're so full, but the bouncer doesn't know that that's Quasia Davo Mensa from the Minnesota Vikings that he just said, sorry, we're at capacity. So it's just so funny that like the and then the former GM group of like Demitrov Izick, all those guys kind of like clustered walking around together in mobile and we were calling them the formers. We were joking around. So it's funny because like, these guys want jobs back. And obviously Demitrov interviewed for and then we hired Rick Spielman, so he is technically another former. So you just never know who you're going to run into in the night life. And I think that that that interactions and those engagements are probably like you know, second to none like I would do that over going to practice most days if I could just sit there and pick the brain of a lot of these people.
Speaker 1: All right, let me ask you, because I think it was who did I just have on? I can't remember anyway, I guess we do a show every day. But uh, there were some of that frequents the Senior Bowl a lot. Oh it was Russell Brown who frequents the Senior Bowl a lot. And I asked him about what you just talked about. Right, You're you're at the bar. You know, you're at this bar and you're enjoying your stake and there's all these friggin famous people. I'm sure you'd love to talk to all of them, like, hey, rap for you want to come over here and share some jets, titbits and stuff. So what is the proper social etiquette for that event? You've been there four times, so I'm sure from the first time of Hubba to Hubba to Hubba at the you know, time number four of being there at the bar? What what's a lot? Are you just around to walk up to EDDYGM and start rubbing elbows and talking it up? Is there like a hey Man? At certain points you're allowed to talk certain points, you're not. What's the social etiquette there, Dylan Tarreman. But you have all these big ass famous people currently in the NFL, players, all this other stuff.
Speaker 2: So my anxiety doesn't allow for this to take place. But yes, formerly, formerly, that's what you're supposed to do. You're supposed to go up, say hey, Jeremy Fowler, it's really I really follow your work. My name is Dylan Tarreman. It's great to meet you. And then he'll say hey, Dylan, nice to meet you, and then he'll probably forget my name in five minutes. But I'm I'm so like nervous in crowds of people, especially people that I've been following on Twitter for almost a decade now that I just I happen to follow find uh Will Parkinson inmobile and he's very, very good at the I'm just gonna go say my name and introduce and he's talked to a lot of these people before, so I've kind of found myself weaseling into his conversation, inputting Hey, I'm Dylan, nice to meet you as well. So I'm not good at introducing myself. So how it happened at the bar was the ESPN guy. It was either Matt. It was either Matt or Jeremy Fowler came up and said, Hey, are these two seats taken? And they weren't. And I said, yeah, to everybody but Matt, they're taken. And I met Matt Miller. But Matt Bowen, and I don't know if you've ever seen him, he's a bit taller. He's got like that like head coach look on his face, like he's gonna scream at you. And I was like, whoa, Matt, I'm sorry I met Matt Miller because he looked like he was getting getting ready to like chew me out for saying he couldn't sit there. So that was how I broke the ice with them, and then it was just kind of easy to talk. Didn't get a laugh, Yeah, no, Matt got a laugh. Bowen kind of smirked at me until he realized that I was talking about Matt Miller, but at first he was not laughing, and I was like, oh shit. I was like, I gotta I gotta be careful of who the Matts are in this group. So that was kind of my icebreaker with them because I knew Matt. But other than that, Yeah, you have to go and break the ice. Like I walk up to you know, I say hi to Connor and Trevor from Stock Exchange. I joke with Connor action I'm like, dude, it's not like I can't say I went to the Senior Bowl until I had a discussion with you at practice and then I check it off my list. So it's always cool to see those guys, But yeah, you have to have the them to go say hi to them, because even if they recognize you, they're not going to come up to you. Of course, even like maybe somebody like you, because you are recognizable. You've had these people on your pods. Maybe if Connor saw you, and Connor is such a nice guy, he would say, oh, hey, what's up, Paul, and you know, recognize you. But for the most part they have this happened to them all week. That you have to go and find something to joke about or say or try to stand out in a way. So that's the tough part for me is trying to break through that barrier of I have to go introduce myself and and just not care.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, let's just let me ask you this. You can feel Rita pods Onne this if you want, but I hope you don't. I hope you go for it. Come on, man, come on, Dylan, Okay, who who is the person that you're not?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: Again? Draft a lot of people at Trever sick of as Connor Rogers, some of the ESPN people, NFL that worked. But what have you that you in your head? Right? We all put these people on a pedestal, right, we follow him on Twitter for information everything, and you're.
Speaker 6: Like, oh my god, look at this guy.
Speaker 1: And then you meet him, You're like, oh my god, what a dick? Like, oh boy, this was nothing when I set it up to be, which is sort of horrible because now forever you're gonna have that memory and grained in your head. You're like, man, after that encounter, I wish I would have never met you. So I just pretended that you were still this whatever thing. I put you on the pedestal. Who is someone that you had pretty high up there? And then you met him at the Senior Boy, You're like, what a dick.
Speaker 2: H That's a tough one because everybody is like overly polite. Oh that's nice to be, you know what I mean? Like I feel like they almost have to be because but.
Speaker 1: You can tell if it's fake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't know if I want to say the name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just kid. You can tell me out there, but.
Speaker 2: I can tell you off air. But yeah, in twenty twenty two, there was a moment with somebody related to a team in Green and White that I wasn't really enthused by the you know, the reaction I got. He was nice, but I felt like he was being a lot nicer to the other people in the group than me specifically. Maybe that's just a me thing, but yeah, there was one guy specifically that I felt And this was four years ago now, but I saw him again and I said hello, and everything was more cordial this time. But it wasn't a full conversation. But yeah, I think there's one person specifically that I can tell you all.
Speaker 1: Fair okay, So yeah, make sure you remind me of that after. But also just in general, can you tell when people like have like because I haven't been there, so it's on my bucket list. I hoped to do it one day. That would be amazing.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to see you down there.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's gonna be so cool, Like for instance, I Conna Rogers and like some of these people I've known over like ten fifteen years, but like I've never met them before. It's only been these virtual interactions. That's that to me is gonna be wild. So I can't wait. I'm gonna be like an uncaged animal down there in Mobile, Alabama. So watch out everybody whenever I show up. Can you tell when people like don't give a shit and they just do not want to have a conversation with you again, you're over polited? Yeah, yeah, thanks, Josh, it's Paul, yeah, whatever, and then just like you know, yeah, they said yeah.
Speaker 2: And a lot of that is timing. I think a lot of have to understand when the practices are going on, it's not the best time to try to pick somebody's brain because they're trying to just watch the game. So in that ten minute of interviews on the field with players, that's what I kind of walk around and try to have my conversations of Hey, who stuck out to you at practice? And even on like lower levels, I won't go up to like another content creator and start having a conversation mid practice. So there's times where I've walked up to a guy at the wrong time, and you could just tell he wasn't that interested in any conversation at that time. But then you know, you get him a couple of minutes later when there's a down period or special teams is going on, and he's more willing to talk to you. So yeah, it's it's a lot of timing, but you could definitely tell the people, especially some of the higher up media guys, like they don't care what your name is or what outlet you work for. They don't care that you're about to ask them to come on your podcast. They just want to enjoy their practice.
Speaker 1: I see, and then give us a good one. This is a fun one that I'm sure is easy to tell here on the show. What's an interaction that It could either be you held them in high regard and they delivered when you met them they're the senior Bowl, or maybe you had like little to no regard you like whoever, and then they over delivered, Like whoa, that was actually a nice guy. How did give us one of those for the senior before you open up the phone lines?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I'll go back to twenty twenty two when the entire Jets group was there. That's when the Jets line Lions and the Jets were the stabs there and I was walking up the stairs and I noticed Rich Sumini walking across the top of the staircase and I let him go and he was, you know, we're doing the whole you go no, you go first, No, you go first. So I was just surprised that Rich was even willing to play that game with somebody. Maybe it's because I was wearing a Jets shirt at the time, but he was very polite and he was like, no, you go first, and I was like, sir, you go first. Like I know who you are, you go first. And then I didn't say go ahead, Rich, No, I don't like, you know, calling everybody out by their name, but like I'll be respectful and say, hey, I you know, I obviously recognize who you are. And then I look to the left do The entire Jets beat was there, and they were all just looking at this interaction go on with me and Rich and I'm like, hey, guys, how's it going. Like I'm not gonna call everybody out by name, but it was like, you know, Hughes and I don't even remember all the people at the time, there was Jenny Coakley was there nice like there was just so many like every single because the whole beat was there. But it was nice to see Rich in that you know, manner, because normally people will probably see Rich and think, oh, he's just an old stick in the mud. He doesn't really want to talk to anybody. But he was very friendly just in that small interaction. Maybe again because I was wearing the Jets shirt, but Rich definitely surprised me.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go. I love it. People keep liking the video. Hitting subscriber about to open up the phone lines, baby, and like I said, you could yo what Dylan in Persony, I'll tell you your age and his job and whether or not like long romantic walks on the beach A mat and Mark coming up. Let's play a quick at song here and we're gonna open up the phone liunch next right here on Boy Green Daily. Feel free to call in to share your thoughts, questions or anything for myself for Dylan.
Speaker 7: Let's go boy Buggy Days, Buggy Days, bug Days talking just football man Boy Buggy Day, Buggy dug.
Speaker 3: And there no Jets Football club?
Speaker 4: Wow? What the steep special scene fast the Super Bowl seasons.
Speaker 6: Tay t t s chest chest chests.
Speaker 1: There you go, baby An Eggs for the song happen again. You're watching Boy Green Daily, a daily New York Jets video show. We've got my handsome, sort of bearded fellow co host, dear Dylan Tarriman, for God's sake, co host it of Jet Nation Radio and at Nation dot com. We got a lot of callers calling into the show, but let's start with there the guest. We've all been waiting for for Dylan and this guest to be on the show together, and I'm looking forward to the information that's about to be spilled. June the GM is here on the show. What's up, Jim?
Speaker 4: What's going on? Mister Paul? Hey, listen. Just for you Met fans, I'm from the Bronx New York. Baby, I'm a Yankee fan. This is a Knicks hat.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Okay, thanks for the clarity there. I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: I have to make sure that so Dylan, first of all, I'm impressed you look like you're nine years old.
Speaker 8: It's crazy, Okay, dude, you must have been covering Jets stuff since you were like two and a half, which is impressive.
Speaker 4: I didn't want to ask you.
Speaker 8: There's a couple of things I wanted to address, but one thing is how did you start covering the Jets?
Speaker 4: Because you look extremely young. I like to know that.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that. I turned thirty next month, So wow, okay, yeah, yeah, I've definitely benefited from the looking young, for sure. I get I did everywhere I go for anything, really, but yeah, I just started. I moved down to South Carolina from New Jersey in twenty nineteen, and I was looking for a new full time job, and in between, I said, hey, I love the Jets. I love, you know, talking ball. My friend and I like, we talk just on our headsets on Xbox like every day about football. So I was like, dude, why can't we do this about our teams. He's a Packers fan. I'm a Jets fan. So when I moved to South Carolina, I was looking for full time work and I just emailed I think it was like jet Press, jet Nation, all those top outlets at the time, five years ago, and I said, hey, I don't have, you know, college writing experience. I was like, I did okay in high school English classes. I can write. I was like, but I feel like my knowledge of football is you know, at a level where I could benefit and you guys could benefit from having me on the pod. And Jet Nation just said, hey, we will take you with your experience. It's a volunteer position, but we'd love to have you come right. And it started just you know, small writing, Like the first article I wrote was the Adam Gase hiring article. I had to edit in a paragraph about Adam Gase getting an interview with the Jets, and I was so excited to do my research on Todd Monkin and Aaron Glenn and Cliff Kingsbury and then editing that, you know, Adam Gay's paragraph in sucked. But then you know, fast forward another year later and they needed a fill in on the pod and all of a sudden, I was like, hey, I'll come on the pod tonight, Like I don't, I have nothing going on. And back then we used to call in on our phones to blog talk we did. We weren't on YouTube or anything like that. So I was just sitting on my phone for like two hours like this.
Speaker 4: And then we.
Speaker 2: Upgraded to the YouTube space in twenty twenty two. So I've been with them for about five or six years now, I guess it's twenty twenty five, so almost six years. And it was all just because I randomly said, hey, I want to, you know, write and make content for your website, and they took me on. So I'm super appreciative of Jet Nation everything they've done for me. But yeah, it was it was all about just you know, trying to put my foot into the door and keep it open.
Speaker 8: Was one of those things that I, like I tell you, called my favorite saying from my Patino is a risk, not taking risk.
Speaker 4: You took the risk. You took the East Coast hustle with you up there to South Carolina and the rest is history.
Speaker 8: Much respect with that about Will Howard, he does still a pretty ball. We can't forget that Jalen Hurst actually developed his quarterback ability under the great Lincoln Riley when he was with my Sooners.
Speaker 4: I'm a Sooner fan. He betrayed us. Yeah, I'm still hurting.
Speaker 8: You know, for me, for any quarterback in this class and even next year's class, because all this can't miss stuff.
Speaker 4: Triva Norvins was also a can't miss prospect.
Speaker 8: How he was the the Greek god of Donnis with the long golden hair, you know, and he's he's all right for me.
Speaker 4: More than anything, it's who's going to develop the quarterback?
Speaker 8: I'm I'm wondering it's Tanner a developer of the quarterback position or just a play quarner.
Speaker 4: That's interesting. What do you think about that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Right now, I would have to just lean that none of these guys have done it before. Engstrand, Scott Turner, the quarterbacks coach who is a former running back. Yeah, London, Charles London, Yep. I don't think that there's a history of any of these guys developing a quarterback. Yes. With that being said, though, I think Angstrand, with everything he's seen in Detroit, could potentially be that guy that could key in on a quarterback and say, hey, I like Xyz traits, I can work with that and let's roll again. That's putting a lot of faith in a first time developer of a quarterback. But I think if you're gonna look at a guy who's going to be the developer, it would be Engstrand, and then maybe even Scott Turner because his experience as an OC it's kind of helpful, but he hasn't worked directly with quarterbacks. So yeah, I would say you're putting a lot of hope into it. But Angstrand would be the guy that you would look to to be the developer.
Speaker 1: And real quick, I'm just gonna throw this question because I see it in here. Moods was a quarter requests Tanner also, Yeah, they were all in the quarterback room. There's Tanner, Angstrand, it was a Darren Moojie, and it was our boy Kevin O'Connell. All three of those were in the San Diego State quarterback room for a period of time. So all former quarterbacks. Yes, back to you, Jude.
Speaker 8: No, that's that's interesting right there, because we do know that that's an interesting quarterback room.
Speaker 4: So they know it literally something about quarterbacks.
Speaker 8: See, for me, my late round flyer will be mill Roll and only because I like the fact that he went through a lot of pain in Alabama. Right, it wasn't the Nick Saban ran Alabama. It turned the shit really quick down there. I understand he's not a pass off the ball, but neither was Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 4: Neither was Jalen Hurst.
Speaker 8: Coming out of college, there was a look at for the cannon and the accuracy of an all. But Milroe has the one trait that no other quarterback in this draft class has a side from cam Ward, which is natural gifted athletic ability. I feel like it would be a threat to hand off the ball, because whatever quarterback we got, we don't need to.
Speaker 4: Don't get fancy. Hand the damn ball off the hall. That's what you need to do. Turn around, hand the ball off, make a play with his legs.
Speaker 8: Milroe can do that, and then as time comes on, hopefully he can progress it to a nice passer. I'd rather have a young mill Row than an older what's the kid's name, I'm just in fee.
Speaker 4: Yeah, similar games, but give me the younger legs. I take the younger legs and I feel a little bit more explosive. What you guys think about Milrow?
Speaker 2: Yeah, as you were talking, I pulled up my scouting report on Milroe. Right now I have him, and this was pre Combine. I have a low second round grade on him. I was ready to be impressed in Mobile. Obviously I didn't. I wasn't impressed with any of the quarterbacks. That being said, I do think there's a lot of things to hang your hat on with Jalen Milroe. If you want a guy with traits, I mean, the speed is uncoachable. The decision making I think got better as the season went on. I know the Michigan game happened, and that was probably I think that was his last game of the year. So it's kind of hard to end on such a sour note, but I thought decision making got better. His poise was okay in the pocket. Obviously, his escapability out of the pocket was a plus to me because of his athleticism, where a guy like Shdur Sanders he has the athleticism to escape the pocket, but he usually waits a half a second too long and then he can't get out of the pocket. So Milroe does a good job of getting out and actually like looking for the pass, although I do think when he scrambles he doesn't keep his head up downfield to throw. He more becomes a just takeoff runner, whereas Will Howard he'll keep his head up and look for the pass downfield. So there's a lot to like about Jalen Milroe, a lot to dislike. But going back to the coaching point, we haven't had a guy develop a quarterback, so that's probably a negative for Milroe. But at the same time, you have a former running back as a quarterback coach. So if you can tap into that run first mentality and then bring along the passing upside of Milroe, then yeah, sure, I think you could convince the Jets to be the team for him. I think you need to have a really solid plan place for Milroe, and the environment needs to be probably a B plus or better talking about your supporting cast, wide receivers, offensive line, run game, which all need to be improved. So I think Milroe is a fun prospect and I wouldn't mind it, but there's just too many variables where you have to rely on a good coaching staff and a good environment where I'm not necessarily sure the Jets can put all those things in place for him.
Speaker 1: And real quick, just don't you said a low second round pick, just to clarifor you mean that Jet late yes, late second round pick? Okay, yeah, I just want to clarify, go ahead.
Speaker 8: The master question didn't So I brought up this name a couple I want to say, maybe around three four weeks ago.
Speaker 4: Everybody thought I was crazy.
Speaker 8: Has naming coming off the top of my head right now because the caffeine hasn't kicked in just yet.
Speaker 4: I'm a little older naturally.
Speaker 8: But what did you think about the quarterback that came down from Canada? The six to six GUNRK.
Speaker 2: Right, No, no, no, Tanner el Gerzma from.
Speaker 4: Opinion on what'd you think about?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He was he was okay at the Senior Bowl. There was seven quarterbacks at the Senior Bowl, and I don't think any of them really stood out to me. Tyler Shuck from Louisville stood out. Al Gerizma, I mean he did okay for playing quarterback for six years, and most of it was at the Canadian level. He'd never really played American football, so dom C brought this up to me. But he's used to his wide receivers getting a head start and calling hike as they're running past the line as how Canada works, right, So his timing was completely off the first few days, and that makes sense. He's just not used to a wide receiver starting at zero miles per hour and then getting into his route, so there was timing issues with him. I thought he threw the ball okay. I mean he has an over the top release. He's not more of a side arm guy. So he had the arm angles, but I like his natural rule arm the bullet. See that's the thing. It didn't pop to me, none of the none of the guys really had pop in their throw except for Tyler Shuck, and I think he's like a twenty six year old aspects, so like he's more of a grown man again amongst boys and that growth. Yes, and none of them really had that. I need to separate myself mentality, I'm gonna go do that. So Algerzma kind of just like fell into the mix of the rest of them and there was no real like positives or negatives. He's probably an undrafted guy, if I had to be be fair, just because he's so green six years at the position he is, I think a little bit older. I think he's twenty three already, so like there's negatives to work against him. But yeah, no, Unfortunately, no quarterback really solidified themselves to me at Mobile.
Speaker 8: And being that you've been at Mobile, you said, this is but a second or third year, a straight fourth year. Okay, so it's a safe to say, let's say your quarterback prospect that might get getting drafted. Do you think that, because I've heard this before, you think that mobile is a good look because it seems like there's.
Speaker 4: So much going on, so much pressure.
Speaker 8: You're playing with receiver was a running back and I used to play with if you're a top prospect, would you even skip that and just focus on a combine it? Would you still go down? Because it seems like people heard that.
Speaker 1: Drafts and I would just add, I think the combine is the same thing. Those are a lot of guys that you haven't played with either, and that's just gonna be bigger. There's gonna be more people there, But go ahead doing Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think if you're speaking specifically from a guy like cam Ward who's already looked at in the top five, it probably doesn't help to go there. And I know there was a lot of Miami guys Aroro the tight end, Ristrepo, the wide receiver, they had a couple a linemen, and then Damien Martinez, their running back, was there. And I feel like a lot of those guys accepted on the belief that cam Ward would actually be there and then he ended up not going. So a guy like him who has his stock already solidified, I'd say it'd probably hurt. But then you look at a guy like I like Will Howard. He came off the National Championship a week before. I understand he's probably banged up. He had the this weird thing on his left hand that they pointed out at the National Championship game, So there's probably an injury, you know, status to him on that one. But he was a guy who I thought could have came in and been that eighth quarterback. To light it up. Riley Leonard was there, the loser of the National Championship. Obviously, Sorry, I don't mean to pull up stuff like that, but but you know, Riley Leonard was there, and he lost the National Championship, and he had the same amount of time off as Will Howard and he didn't look great. But that's not to say Will Howard was gonna look bad too. So if Will went in and had a good week at Mobile, I think he could have been like that early second round, maybe even back endo first round. Guy like Jackson Dart is being talked about, because I really wasn't impressed with Dart, and I think the Charlie Weiss tweet is going a little bit further with Dart than most people think. So I wasn't impressed with him, But yeah, there was a there was room for any quarterback really to come in and impress. But I guess it depends on what your pre drafts processed grade is. Like, if you're getting a high one, you probably don't need to go. But bo Nicks he became a mid one because he went and he performed and he did okay compared to the group. So I guess it would all depend on where your pre draft grade goes.
Speaker 8: And last question, Paul, ifview don't mind, sir, every guy you know solo from Mobile, I want to pick his brain as much as possible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're all enjoying it.
Speaker 8: Yes, it's a safe to say that the defensive lineman that in terms of draft, this is the deepest position in the draft, the defensive line, because for me, I just need the most help there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, this is definitely the deepest. I don't remember who said it, but they compared the number of defensive linemen last year to this year and it was like twenty something last year and it's just over forty defensive linemen this year invited to the combine. So the NFL is viewing this also as a very defensive line. Rich group. I'm I'm in the camp of go seven and forty two defensive line, defensive line. If you want to get an edge at seven, or if Mason Graham falls to seven, you grab that guy and then you just go the inverse in forty two, so you get your interior guy, then you go get your edge in round two. I'm very much an advocate of that. I think this is the draft class. You got interior guys like Darius Alexand from Toledo. He's probably in that second round grouping. Let's keep scrolling down. Abdul Carter obviously would be the preferred name if you'd dropped to seven, but I like interior guys like Alfred Collins from Texas. Uh, excuse me, Donovan as AAKU from Boston College. He was an edge rusher down in Senior Bowl who had a good week.
Speaker 4: And then.
Speaker 2: Oh, Mike Green. So if Mike Green would be a guy where seven, yeah, sure the value might not say it's the pick. It's probably reach there. But if you want to get cute and drop down three four picks to pick ten to eleven, twelve and then go get Mike Green, that's probably dead on where his value is. But if you're going to try to get cute for four picks, you might as well just take your guy there. And dude, Mike Green is a special prospect. I know the clip of him versus Josh Conerly is going viral, But Conory was playing out a position that day, that's right tackle. He normally plays left tackles, so they put the offensive lineman in a bad position in those drills. But Mike Green's most If you match that up with a Will McDonald and a Jermaine Johnson, that's truly a scary trio. So yeah, I'm all for d line in rounds one and two, to be completely honest.
Speaker 1: Wow, nice June, Thanks for all the conversation.
Speaker 2: I appreciate.
Speaker 1: There, there we go, and we found out Dylan's age. There we go, check that off the bucket. Let's all right, let's go back ten years older than he thought. I'm gonna be honest, it's at least thirty years older than I thought. That's that's neither here nor there, I suppose. Any who, let's go back to the fella outeer got indeed, jets joining us next? What's updy?
Speaker 9: Good morning, gentlemen, Good morning. I hear you're from South Carolina.
Speaker 2: What part I'm not from? But I lived in Spartanburg for abo and a half years and then in five more weeks I'm actually moving back down to Spartanburg. So I've been kind of bouncing back and forth between New Jersey and Spartanburg the last like eight years.
Speaker 9: Okay, okay, I'm I'm near the rock Hill area, so you know that's the north side yet.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So you know, I really like that the Will Howard pick. I think that's that's where we need to go. But tell me what you think of bringing in at Daniel Jones and pairing him with Will Howard.
Speaker 2: Daniel Jones specifically scares the crap out of me.
Speaker 9: That is that's a Jets move right there.
Speaker 2: Yes, No, that would definitely scream we don't learn from our mistakes and we're just gonna watch the Crosstown team screw it up and then think we can be the ones to save it. I think his best option was to probably be in Minnesota to finish out the year, be around a competent coaching staff. Daniel Jones is probably done in the NFL for me, Like, I don't see him being a real starter in the league. Yeah, yeah, done as a starter. It's just wanted to not enough. They Jets wanted to bring him in and say, compete with Tyrod as the backup behind somebody. Sure, but now, how many quarterbacks are you adding to the room. You can't add justin fields. Daniel Jones and Rookie have four quarterbacks with Tarad and all compete with each other. I still think somebody will give him a try, maybe just a camp, you know, try out and at least compete for the second spot. But I would hope it's not the Jets, to be honest, We've just seen too much of a sample size where he's not gonna be our Sam Darnold well, you know.
Speaker 9: And and they kind of said that about Baker for you know, a few years ago too, though, And so I mean, I wouldn't be I would laugh if they did it, but I'd also understand too.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think there's there's reasons to feel better about it than like a complete unknown like Hendon Hooker.
Speaker 9: Or something like that that would absolutely be a waste, yeah, or or even a damas Winston. I would think I would take Daniel Jones over Winston. Other than the entertainment factor of you know, we could probably throw from thirty thirty touchdowns and thirty interceptions.
Speaker 2: Again, yeah, do you want thirty interceptions to come with funny postgame press conferences or do you want thirty interceptions to come with disgruntled Daniel Jones? So, yeah, I can see it.
Speaker 1: I can see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So my next question is, Okay, so we have a defensive minded coach again, and I hear you say, you know you you would like to go for a defensive lineman and and a and an end for the first first round or two. And my thought is is the exact opposite, because I think I Aaron Glenn did some amazing things with all the injuries that he had up in Detroit, So I think that he could take a third round prospect, defensive defensive lineman, the big guy from Kentucky. I think he's like three forty.
Speaker 2: Oh Dion Walker.
Speaker 9: Yeah, John Walker, you know you might be able to get him in a later round and a guy like Aaron Glenn and his staff could turn him into a.
Speaker 1: Yes, so you don't need to high pick. So that's what you're saying.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And and and let's focus on what we've always lacked over the years some offensive weapons and continue to you know, we don't We don't necessarily need the defensive the high talent guys in the first round because we've got the high you know, the coaches can can bring out the best at them, just like solid did you know, but we never get we didn't have the offensive talent. And so why do you think about, you know, focusing that first round, second round on on a wide receiver combination, a wide receiver tight end. We go tight end and wide receiver vice versa, and bring some more talent in and go Okay, Now the offense has got some talent, the high end talent, and the defensive coaches bring up some of the other guys and and and and and get the best out of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's fair. I think Aaron Glenn shouldn't need eleven blue chip talents on defense to make this thing go. So, yes, I can agree going offense to a degree. My thinking with this draft class specifically is you I have to look at where the blue chip talent is and then decide where can I marry that up with my needs. So if you want to go wide receiver or tight end, I would assume you're looking at like a Teturoa McMillan or a Tyler Warren at the first round pick.
Speaker 9: I'm okay.
Speaker 2: I'm okay with McMillan at seven. I think it's a little bit of a reach, but not by much. Warren I'd probably be out on just due to positional value. My thinking is, can you find eighty percent of a prospect in rounds two or three that you're considering in round one? So to go, like to use your argument if I'm looking at Mason Graham at pick seven, but I think there's a defensive tackle in rounds two that I can get eighty percent of the production for, I would probably lean towards going defense in the second round and then change my stance in the first round. Now, you can't get cute and do that for every position, because you would talk yourself into the eighty percent version of Teturoa McMillan in the second round if that existed as well. So you have to look at where the boardlines blue chip wise versus where the Jets are picking, and to me, there's just too many blue chip defensive players in the top of this draft where you probably have to take one if they're sitting there instead of reaching for an offensive need. But in another past classes, the wide receiver position has been stacked, So I would one hundred percent agree with this if the draft class was aligned that way. I just think there's too much talent on the defensive end at the top where the Jets are picking to go against that. But yeah, I agree your your original point is absolutely true. We should be attacking blue chip offense talent and then supplementing with mid round defensive talent because that's where we know the strength of our head coaching and just defensive coaching staff is.
Speaker 9: And what do you think about an offensive lineman in that first round or two and just solidifying the right tackle right from the very beginning.
Speaker 2: I'm okay with it. I like Will Campbell a lot. Some people think he's going to be more of a guard at the next level, so it's a bit of a tough one. Again, where the board lines up with the position and the Jets needs, you're probably looking at a bigger gap between him and like the ariante urseries of the world, So maybe you'd have to trade down to feel like you're in a good slot to get an offensive lineman. I just want the new regime to do what Joe Douglas hasn't done and find an offensive lineman outside of rounds one or the early parts of round two. Maybe find that third or fourth round tackle who can be your swing guy with developmental upside to be a starter in two years or one year when Morgan Moses leaves. So I'm okay with offensive tackle at seven. But if it's not Will Campbell, it's probably a reach. So I would again probably look elsewhere and attack that position a little bit later.
Speaker 9: All right, on the spot, are we trading up? Are we trading down? Are we staying at seven?
Speaker 2: I think they stay at seven. But if it's me, I trade up for cam Ward before I trade up for a late round guy like the Jackson dart rumor at the one, I would prefer to trade up from seven to like three to get cam Ward, then trade from forty two to thirty one to get Jackson Dark. So I would trade up for a quarterback. I think the Jets state put and then trading back for I mean, you could trade back all day. I just don't think that the Jets will find a partner.
Speaker 9: Right right, All right, appreciate you guys, good tav Absolutely.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks Cindy, I appreciate you. All right, let's go to a super chat here. We get this from Phil every time we get a super chat, Babe, we're here for my daughter's a ryludah damn straight, so Zoe, all right, let's get here, Phil ass. Thanks Phil, And by the way, we put this towards your total for a raffle ticket, so appreciate it. Where does cam Ward go in the twenty twenty sixth draft? Is he the fourth best? And I would also add in this additional question because I guess you sort of just talked about it here. But before we even get to Phil's question, cam Ward, what's your prediction of where he goes to this draft?
Speaker 2: Three to the Giants? I think is probably fair. I think shouldure Is that a floor?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: No, I think that's fair. I think it's fair.
Speaker 1: No, No, I'm just asking additional question. Think he goes no further like like where's the point of no? Like, okay, who go number one overall? But he won't fall further than three or something that's kind of.
Speaker 2: I hope he doesn't fall further than seven. I would say that I don't think he falls further than six, just because I think Vegas is so starved for a quarterback. Obviously things could change, they could sign Darnold, but yeah, I would say the floor for the quarterbacks at the top would hopefully be seven because if one of them staring you in the face and you have the chance, you got to just do it at this point, take the swing without having to pay for it. So yeah, I would say the ceiling is one, as floor is probably six or seven.
Speaker 1: Okay, and then let's answer Phil's question specifically. A lot of people have hyped up and we'll get there eventually. Jet fancy a sick bastards. But you know a lot of people have hyped up this future twenty twenty sixth classes. Oh baby, that's where you need to get a quarterback. So I don't know what work you've already done looking ahead to that class or what you know, but where we're cam woard go there.
Speaker 2: It's so tough. You don't know how this is gonna go. Everybody seems to already assume that arch Manning is gonna be the number one pick next year. I don't think that's anywhere close. Like Trevor Lawrence, we knew for five years that he was going to be the number one pick in his draft class whenever he finally came out of Clemson, and that was the case. I don't think that's the case with Arch Manning. And I don't know if there's other quarterbacks that are supposed to do this, Like I don't, I don't know, man, like the.
Speaker 1: Let's go, let's go this one then short, because like I think, to your point, that's incredibly difficult to say. Sometimes they're saying, oh, like Carson Beck's gonna be the number one overall pick this year, and now what are we talking about? You know, obviously he went back to college. So let's go this draft class had just happened, where six quarterbacks went in the top twelve. Where would Cam Woard have gone in this draft class that just happened. We just had Bo Nicks and all these other you know, the Chicago Bears kid, Caleb Williams, Jane Danners all that. Where would Cam have gone in that class?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I think that's probably the easier question. And I'm sorry, Phil, I mean, it's just so hard to guess, like the unknown, but I would say that he would probably be fourth in twenty twenty four, you have Caleb Williams, Jaydeon Daniels, Drake May, whatever order you want to put him in. I know some people were Drake May was number one for them, so I would say fourth. I think he's probably gonna be looked at a little bit better than JJ McCarthy and a little bit better than Bo Nicks. It seemed like Sean Payton just loved bo Nicks and he wasn't gonna take no for an answer, so it seemed like that was the cliche it only takes one team with Bo Knicks, and that that seemed to obviously be a hit for them so far. So I would have to say QB four would maybe be where his consensus ranking is. Of course, that is, you know, so team dependent that the Jets could have him six so or the Patriots could have him two or whatever. So I would say comfortably four. But now that I'm looking at the names for next year, dude, he might even be one like Drew Holler to me, like, I don't know, if Drew Aller he could have a good year, we could have a down year. Kid Klubnik from Clemson, I don't really love Moss Miller usc LSU's Garrett Nussmeyer. Like they're okay quarterbacks, but like it's so hard to project, and any of these guys could have like the Joe Burrow type year in Oh, you were sure he went from a third round pick to the first overall.
Speaker 1: Jade Daniels, Right, yeah, exactly, So.
Speaker 2: You just never know. So it's too early to tell, but I'd say he's probably I mean, he's in the top tier of next year's group, but last year's group, I think he would probably be the first one of that second tier for sure.
Speaker 1: All Right, I see Taylor Sterling said, I just dropped in and y'all are talking about upstate South Carolina, my neck of the winch. And we had three former South Carolinians or current on the show. I lived in South Carolina for a long time, in Goose Creek and Somerville, Baby AJ Green wherever you are go, green Wave there we go for AJ Green being in my town at Somerville.
Speaker 2: I talked about I talked about moving down into twenty nineteen. So the first two guys that I scouted that year were Quinn Williams, because I knew the Jets were in range to take him. And then the second player I scouted was Deebo Samuel, who was literally from the eight six four Spartanburg.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's thought.
Speaker 2: It was so cool, and then I immediately just fell in love because he was a great player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's amazing. All right, Dylan, I know we've well went the pastor timer. We have more callers. Do you want to dimp or do you want to stick around?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do one more?
Speaker 1: Okay, well, one more all right, Philly, because you've been waiting the longest cup of Philly noodles. You're up.
Speaker 9: What's going on?
Speaker 5: Man, Dylan?
Speaker 1: You look like my white cousin.
Speaker 2: That's a good point.
Speaker 1: Look at this. What the hell.
Speaker 5: I'm in North Carolina, Charlotte right now, so it's almost fitting.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, Charlotte.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna need that. We're going to need some sort of a DNA test. Happened here.
Speaker 5: We know.
Speaker 2: The difference is he didn't want Rogers and I did. So it sounds very brotherly though, to have one polar opposite.
Speaker 5: Right, so I related it has to be you know what I'm saying. All Right, just a few things are good across Tannet k string or extreme. I think a lot of the nuance of what's going on with him is that it looked like the Lions weren't ready to keep him after Ben Johnson left, so it makes people weary about him. But he's been around QB since two thousand and nine in his entire career, so I'm not worried about that. What I'd like to know over, like the nuggets that we don't get is the war room stuff. Where could him and that staff could have been with QBS ranked over these few years recently?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: We know they took Hooker as a project because he has a cannon, so they valued the arms still the arm talent. He is mobile, but the arm talent is what I think stood out. And he was on a run for Heisman during that year, so to me, they got a value, right, So I want to know who did they valuate the last two years? We don't know, right, So those are things like if you get those nuggets out of these guys, you'll figure out what they like, kind of like like bo Nicks, Sean Payton, Tempayne married himself to him, right, But Muji would have you know, Moojie in that whole staff would have never been like whatever you want, Sean Payne, or maybe they did, but it worked out. So you know what I mean, I think I've been saying it. I think Mujie's got the he's got the cohones, he's got the grapefruits. And he put him out there and he said, Aron, you're not that belt guy no more. You're not flashing the belt. You're not in those commercials. Patrick took that from him. We were sorry, you gotta go keep it packing and we're gonna go trade up.
Speaker 2: That's what I think. In that press conference, it was like a statement.
Speaker 5: He kept looking at those cameras saying, Wood, he has said what he wants, and we know what we all want in a common goal is to win, you know, win, And it didn't look like win in five years. It meant win now and sustain that shit, keep it running. So to me, it means dropping the hammer, going up if you can't get up. To me, I feel that's where you gotta draft a d lineman at that first that first round. Then like if Mason Graham falls, snatch him. If I do a card fall, snatch him. But then to me it gets a little weird because Walker keeps falling down on draft boards.
Speaker 2: I don't know if anyone noticed that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he keeps dropping down.
Speaker 2: If he drops down, like, if you listen, he's gonna drop.
Speaker 5: I feel like the Jets should come back out, let him drop, snatch him up and see if they can use some type of movement of picks, and then come back in and grab something else. You know that you see a safety corner, you know, because the safety room is atrocious. I don't think people are realizing how bad it is. And I don't think Glenn is just gonna sit there and be like, I'll make do with with what. There's nothing there, man, Ashton Davis, Let's be honest with himself. You know, that's not that's not that's not a leader on that side of the ball.
Speaker 1: So I kind of weary.
Speaker 5: I'm kind of weary about what's going to happen one hundred percent. What they feel together in that war room now. The only thing I want to know from you, one hundred percent. From the Senior Bowl two positions, How deep does that tight end class really look that we just say forget warn because it's too too heavy of a draft pick and wide receivers, did anybody stand out at all.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, so I'll go tight ends first. That was definitely the deeper class. At the Senior Bowl. You had guys like Elijah Royo who just showed off his ability to catch strong hands, especially in the like the team red zone period. He had a play where he snatched it over the DB's head and then he turned around and punted the ball into the practice stands. So I thought that was all.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, although it's not the blocking type tight end that I know we absolutely need, I think Elijah Royo is a fun one to watch. Bowling Green's Harold another guy where you could probably get in the third or fourth round who just a special talent. Again, he's six four or six three two thirty eight. Excuse me. These guys probably aren't gonna be your blocking types. But if you wanted the blocking type, you go get a Jackson Hawes from Georgia Tech. And that's, you know, everything that we were promised with Rucker and then some I think, you know, you're not gonna get much of an upside in the past game, but this guy's gonna dog you out in the run game. He's gonna kick you out of the club. Be An extension of their offensive line. I know the the Lions used Dan Skipper as our sixth offensive lineman, but we have a we have their tight ends coach now is our offensive line coach, So maybe they put emphasis on blocking tight ends so that we can use eligibles to block instead. So I like Jackson Hawes a little bit. And then a sneaky guy who I think is a bit of a tweener at six five, two sixty five is Maliki Matavo from UCLA. I think he could do a little bit of both. So there's definitely some options just from the Senior Bowl that I like. Now, a wide receiver gets a little bit trickier. This is, I guess, considered a down year comparatively to the you know, massive wide receiver classes we've seen in history. But the top guy to me is Jack besh Uh six' one two twelve. He just had a monster year. A week excuse me, down immobile. He caught a touchdown in almost every day of team period. He ended up catching the game winning touchdown at the end of the game for the American team, and I think just his story goes a long way because his brother was tragically killed in New Orleans during the terror attack right before, so everybody was like, you know, they had the seven patch on the back for his brother. I think his name was Tiger, and it was just a cool moment for him to like celebrate with his family after the game because it was like exactly a month since his brother passed. So Jack Besh is one who is a big riser. I had no idea who he was going down and he just put himself on the map and now he's like a top forty five pick, So like, I think he's well in that range. Jaden Higgins uh six three, two seventeen from Iowa State. He's the to me, one of the perfect compliments to Garrett Wilson just from a size profile, but he's also a smooth mover. He had an inside slot route where he cooked the dB on a free release, just a little stutter step and got out and he had like four yards of separation in the one on one period. So I like Jayden Higgins from Iowa State. I'm trying to give taller profiles of widers I can. I can give you Jalen Royals from Utah State who's five eleven two ten and just say, oh, this is the the Deebo Samuel type of the draft. I don't think that way, but everybody loves to cling to those, and I just don't think the Jets are gonna covet that having Malachi Corley. So another uh, I guess bigger body wide receiver Horace bru McCoy from Tennessee six two two fifteen. He didn't really do anything like exceptionally well at Senior Bowl, but he did everything to an okay level in my opinions. So it's not the star studded blue chip five deep at the top of wide receiver. You're probably going to have to get cute in rounds two through four. But I definitely think that there is potential to pair a free agent wide receiver with a draft wide receiver.
Speaker 5: Now in your opinion, this will be the last question I asked you, and I've had backlast year against this Aaron Rodgers when he you know, he seen Corley in camp a little bit, saw him on the you know, practice squad. Then he saw him on the field, dropped up ball for that touchdown. They had him. I think maybe two other games, run a couple of routes. Do you think he was a victim partially of the Rogers. We can't have this guy in the field. Just give me Gibson because he doesn't you know, he won't do that full of shit that he did. Excuse my language, you know what I mean, Like because in my mind, I want to know it looks like Coraley. Then if you understand what you just went through, Coraley stands out as a higher prospect still than these guys that are coming out this year.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Yeah, Yeah, I think I think Joe Douglass would definitely say that maybe Malchai Cora would be wide receiver one in this class based on where we have last year. I think, yeah, I think Malachi Coral was like the perfect storm of bad circumstances for him. I mean, you have a coaching staff that's just completely incompetent, that can't use you properly. And I'm not saying he needs to do the Elijah More orbit motion under Mike Lafleur eighty seven percent of the time, even if he never touches the ball. But if I saw that play happened five times a game and Malchai got the ball one or two times out of those live I wouldn't mind it, right. I think a lot of stock was put into him fumbling the ball at the goal line. And then we heard the maturity quotes from the coaches, which you never want to hear. But I just think everybody in the building last year was to be candid, immature, like coaching staff, players, front office, clearly if you were moping. So I think it was just a set of poor circumstances. And now you have a guy like Engstrand who used I'm on raw and Jamison Williams and all their their their two running backs excuse me, gibbson Montgomery. So I think there's a chance that Mali Corley is still special. I loved him in the draft, so I'm not gonna, you know, throw my bias into this so it's more weight and see. But I would definitely not, you know, count him as wide receiver two. But I definitely wouldn't say, Okay, he's gonna get cut by camp and somebody off the street is going to take his job. I think he could be a wide receiver three for this team, competent.
Speaker 1: And Philly real quick. Like, we can't just blame that being the problem that Texans game that Jets texts gamp was on Halloween. What happened the first insert amount of weeks of the season. We're mal poor, which m I A, So I can't. I don't think that could solely be to blame.
Speaker 2: For the And we're talking about we're talking about coaching. We're talking about coaching staff that didn't use Garrett Wilson properly for the first two or three weeks of his career. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I bought my young daughter at the time, who's who's much old and and I'm like, let's go to the Jets Raven season opener. I'm going to show you Garrett Wilson in person. I brought my family there. It was raining to all hell, I did the tickets wrong where we're right in front of the rain, so just as the rain was coming down, it was pouring on our heads and the layover water was coming over, and the seat right behind us was bone dry, and some my fiantas just looking at me like and then Garret Wilson didn't even start the game. I'm like, what the hell? So you had that one?
Speaker 5: That was it? How about how about does do you think? Oh man, I will love it. You think we go and get a Debo or Cup and get rid of Corley in a pick.
Speaker 2: I would hope not. I don't think you want to get rid of to Richard. I think so, But you don't want to get seven years older at the position when you're giving away an unknown commodity like Malcolm Corley could easily have a really good career and maybe even a potentially better career than those two. I mean, Cooper Cup had the one thousand yard season and then struggled to stay healthy. Deebo kind of the same thing. He had that one I was in yard season, and then ever since they put the running back stuff into his contract, they'd stopped using him like that. So like you used your guy how he should be used, got the best results, and then decided to say Nan never mind. So they're both over thirty, they both had injuries. I would just keep the young guy and save the picks come for Thank you, gentlemen, Thank you Jill.
Speaker 1: For joining us. Dylan. Thanks, there's more callers. I'll answer all those, but I'll let you get away. Remember I'm gonna still need that intel. Either call me later or I'll give you a smoke signal. Something. I got to hear that senior bull story. Who the hell were you talking about?
Speaker 2: So private chat? People can see it? Correct?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah they can't. Yeah, so do not put it in there. Yeah right now, I just say, please do not put there that people can see that. Yes, uh yeah, people that called to the show and go, oh, that's what he was talking about. So I appreciate that. Oh yes, real quick, before we get you out of here. A lot of people asking where can we follow Dylan? So Dylan, give all the plug shut out June and thank you for that. Deil. Where can everyone follow you on social media to hear more of your great takes? We really enjoyed you on the show today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, follow me at Dylan at Deterament excuse me down the bottom of the screen there under my name, or you can just follow us at jet Nation on all social media platforms Twitter, Instagram, YouTube. We probably still have our MySpace up and running because we've been around.
Speaker 4: For so long.
Speaker 2: So get nation dot com, get in the forums. It's kind of a wild place to be. You'll see any take that you could find under the sun about this team, good, bad and different. And yeah, just keep following me on Twitter and I'll be putting out draft profiles probably once the combine is done. I got the Will Howard video ready to upload once I get the combine stats, because I need to know full measurables before I can commit. Because if his hand size is like eight and a half inches and he's well under the threshold, I got to change a lot of my evaluations. So yeah, at determent and I'm happy to engage with most jests fans.
Speaker 1: And last one, Jet Nation Radio. Again, you are a coached of that as well. Well. When is Jet Nation Radio? When during the week, what days, what times? Give us all the details.
Speaker 2: So Glenn will put out a solo video randomly whenever he feels. But our normal weekly show is Thursdays at eight pm on our YouTube channel. So check us out at Jet Nation. We're we're not quite up to the caller level yet because let's just say we we we keep our opinions in house. We don't like to always have outside opinions, but we love interacting with the group chat. We had a we had a bad interaction with a caller once before.
Speaker 1: Twitter DM.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be left a bad taste in Jet Nation's mouth. So we're a little restrictive, but we will interact with anybody that chats in the in the live chats, so check us out Jet Nation eight pm Live, Glenn Naughton and myself.
Speaker 1: All right, beautiful Dylan, thank you so much for taking the time, and I imagine this will be your last appearance on Boy Green Daily.
Speaker 2: Absolutely not. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Paul, all right, there he is Dylan terror Man. Make sure you guys follow him again, co host of Jet Nation Radio. Check them out on Jetnation dot com. And again I'll give another plug here. Be sure to log into jetnation dot com where you can register become a part of what is the most active jets message board on the web, or so I hear. So make sure you let us know. I see we have more callers waiting. I will continue to answer those calls. There is no Dylan, he had to move on, but I appreciate his time dedicating that to the show. Real quick plugs. We've got four hundred and fifty people in the room. Like the video, hit subscribe again. We have two giveaways going on right now. First off, I'll give the free one we were at the start of this show seventy five subscribers away from seventy five hundred, and once we reach out, I'll be giving away a free piece of autograph New York Jets memorabilia. It's one lucky subscriber will randomly draw. So as we reach seventy five hundred, will randomly draw whoever that subscriber is, I'll reach out to you and then I'll mail it to you, so boo yeah. And then also, of course we have our giveaway for people who purchase Raffle tickets to be eligible for that thrown up here on the screen signature football full sized NFL football comes to the pump. Display it in your office or fan or man cave. Limited edition collectible. Aaron Rodgers, Garrett Wilson, Quinn and Williams Quincy Williams all signed up New York Jets, Nike's Eligiu service, Long Sleep and a custom laser engraving Jets Boy Green Package. Raffle tickets are two ninety nine apiece. There is no limit to the Raffle ticket. If you buy a Boy Green Coffee Club membership, you enjoy supporting the show, you purchase that right now you have a raffle ticket in and you get all the access to discord our members only videos in so much more. Now, with that being said, let's get to the phone line. We'll go to everybody who's been waiting the longest. You're a Johnny boy joints here on the program.
Speaker 6: So Johnny by James going on broad good morning.
Speaker 1: Hey, good to see you first and foremost.
Speaker 6: Oh you already know it. Man, Hey, you shout out to my space, bro my man. Throwback on that.
Speaker 1: That brought memories. That brought a lot of memories there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I hope he's your hope you're on his uh top five list.
Speaker 1: That's what I was about to say. That's what I was just about to say. You know, especially with this age, I didn't even know that he knew what my Space was. But yeah, there you go for Dylan Tairman. But yeah, I'm hoping that I was in the top five. I was the featured five of his profile pitch. That's what it was opened. Yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 10: Major throwback on that now. I was calling because I wanted to pick his brain on you know, pieces that I think that are very needed in the for the football team itself that we're not talking really much about, because I think it's just.
Speaker 6: You know, QB QB, qb, qb QB and D.
Speaker 10: But the linebacking, like, what are the what are the players that are out there? What about the safety? Philly kind of hit on it a little bit, right because I think that's a big need and that and then the corners, Like I've been doing a little bit more in regards to that. You know a name that I like a lot that nobody and I think he's a he's a linebacker that there's a the potential be something. The kid out of out of Dame Jack Kisser, he was one of the finalists for the Campbell Award and whatnot. You know, a lot of those players are very smart up here. So that's a player that I would like is nice. I can never pronounce the name bro Allay something or the Dago or whatever it is. But Jalen Reid as a safety, I don't know if you guys have done any research in regards to him. He's another player that I believe we should try to look at what you get in the later rounds. But I wanted to get your thoughts beg like he there are some things that are out there that you think that's a potential look for US safeties linebacking corps as well in corner.
Speaker 6: I mean just want to get your thoughts or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would just say wrap the top linebacker something we're not talking about at all. So Jamien sure with your free agent, so obviously got to circle him. Quincy Williams is heading into the last year of his deal. He's gonna want Buco bucks the Jets. It just worked out perfectly. They give him this deal for three years eighteen million. Everyone goes, oh, man, what an overpay on Quincy, and Quincy's immediately awesome and they were like, oh my god, what is steal? Because the top of the inside linebacker marker right now is making between twenty and nineteen million per year. That's Fred Warner and Roquan Smith. So it's twenty and nineteen million per year. Think about that for a second. So let's just call it the WATERMARKUS twenty million. Quincy Win is making six million a year, the highest pay is making twenty million a year. So Quincy's gonna want a bag. Are the Jets going to pay him? Oh? I got no freaking clue whether they're gonna pay him. What about CJ. Moseley. He's probably gonna retire or maybe even get released, and if he gets cut, he might be a June one post cut. If they did that, the Jets would say four million dollars, but they eat eight point seven eight million in dead cap. You're only allowed to designate two players as post June one cut, so if they pick Rogers's one, CJ. Moses the other, they'd run out of post June one designations. Another possibility for that is al Onlazart. So one hundred percent you need linebacker. No one's talking about Johnny That one hundred percent is a need because again, you have to have foresight you're not. That's also a communistconception of the draft. It's not like like, obviously quarterback, we need a quarterback, but like running back like Breece Hall, what are you doing with him? Whether he's coming back or not a year from now, determines what you're needing for that. So you're not just drafting for twenty twenty five, you're drafting for the future. The GM is thinking multiple steps ahead of roster construction, and linebacker is a massive one that they one hundred percent need. I'll be curious if they try to bring Jamian back. Obviously there's no more ties to his coaching staff, but he's a young player with a lot of upside who is top three in tackles this year. Linebackers super interesting. Obviously mentioned safety in that entire room is being burned down to the ground. I mean they were Chuck Clark, Ashton Davis, Tony Adams is restricted free agent. We'll see if the Jets end up bringing him back. By the way, salute to real O'Connor long that's out there in the comments section just joining us this morning. Appreciates you. Salute to Connor. But yeah, so the safety and linebacker rum or two positions, the safety and particular is gonna get lit on fire and corner to your point, you have sauce is Brandon Echole's coming back? DJ Reach guy, you got sauce in Michael Carter the second the rest room is blown up. And then it depends on what you feel about Quante Sticker. So, oh yeah, there's a lot more holes on that defense, and people are talking about exactly exactly.
Speaker 10: So those are like the stuff that I kind of want to at least for myself, that I want to hear in regards to that.
Speaker 6: So that's what I wanted to ask Dylan in regards to that.
Speaker 10: The other thing too, you kind of hit it the running back, right, Bro, I would love to take a swing at a scat and bow from.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah the Arizona Kid.
Speaker 10: Yeah yeah, yeah, like if it is with the whole bree stuff and maybe he doesn't get signed back up or I don't know whatever, right, I mean, I think we're good with the RB. I really like Braylon Allen a lot, you know, the big type of bruising type of running back in regards I love Breeze, don't get it twisted, but that I don't know. Man, that dude puts another dynamic into that running back corps with him and Isaiah Davis as well.
Speaker 6: So appreciate you beg as always. Man wanted to come through, show some love.
Speaker 1: Appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Dylan was killing it man real tall. So yeah, man, keep doing anything, Bro.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you. There you go, Johnny boy, I appreciate you. Yeah, Dylan's still in the chat. Yeah, I will say for me, this is Dylan's first time on Boy Green Daily. Awesome to have him. I thought he was super insightful. Brought a lot to the table. I'd love to have doing on more often, schedule, pending for doing, and all the other work and things that he has going on. So that was wonderful. So, like I said, we'll go back and I'll talk to Dylan. I'll see all the dirty secrets you could say on Aaron tell me privately, and I will never share those with you people, but I will get a good smile out of it, and then we'll see if we can have doing back on the show. Because that was that was That was a real treat. Dylan was amazing. All right, let's go back to the phone, n y jets fl here on the show. What's up? Ten?
Speaker 3: All, good morning.
Speaker 7: I thought about you this morning when I came into my firework trailer, and I'll show you what I mean.
Speaker 5: You can see this.
Speaker 1: Okay wait, wait uh wait oz I see oz Rock. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, a little you can see the picture on the box.
Speaker 1: Oh wright, scroll down a little or not scroll down, just move your phone down a little bit. Oh there you go. Look at that guy. Eh.
Speaker 3: I think they stuck. I think they stole your image on that firework boxes.
Speaker 1: I think we're gonna have to do a trademark appeal there, but we'll have that conversation off there with our lawyers.
Speaker 3: Firstly, shout out to June and GM June.
Speaker 7: When you start your channel, which it sounds like you do in the legwork for that, I will I will sub to it.
Speaker 4: Paul.
Speaker 7: We're gonna have a very uncomfortable conversation about Wilson being.
Speaker 3: Traded and I'm not advocating for it.
Speaker 7: I'm not advocating for it, but he unfortunately, he came he came in at the wrong time, and now we're kind of in a state of fluck and I'm not sure where that puts Garrett, especially if Garrett's gonna play with Jameis Winston. I don't know how happy it's gonna be about that and playing behind it developmental quart up, you know, with a developmental developed, developmental quarterback.
Speaker 3: That's the only thing I'm really concerned with. I'm seeing a.
Speaker 7: Lot of chatter about Carolina trying to use number eight to get Garrett and possibly didn't have to sweeten that with a second or a third. Like I said, I'm not advocating for it. This is a business, but unfortunately Garrett was drafted and kind of the wrong ear for us, you know or not.
Speaker 3: It didn't work out, so I wanted your opinion on that. Let's start with that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so as intriguing as a top ten pick and whatever else would come in, Garrett is a special time. I see what you're saying. With the quarterback uncertainty and everything that we've had for Garrett coming in, you know, it would it have been perfect if we had I don't know, insert your favorite Jets quarterback in history and Garrett Wilson being paired with so his talents and everything are maximized. Of course, to me, I want to keep Garrett Wilson at all costs. Ritz Siman he just had a piece that dropped this morning that Garrett Wilson's chances of sticking around with the team have dramatically increased with Aaron Rodgers gone, And I thought that was fascinating that he put that in there. So that which again obviously means the exodus of DeVante Adams and things of that nature. I'll be curious because I think Garrett Wilson should be a part of the quarterback conversation in terms of, like when we're kind of Vet and I don't think ag is going to do this obviously, with he's cracking the whip. I don't think this is going to be a factor. But I just hope that we get a quarterback that gives Garrett Wilson chances. That's why Jameis Winston is a crazy bastard. But boy, he takes vertical shots, which I would love to see. We haven't seen a lot of Garrett Wilson eighty yard bombs to the house. I got to see being in Dallas. I got to see the Jets Cowboys game where Garrett Wilson took a slant and booked it to the his on his own ability, not some great design where he was wide open. Garrett just made a play. But I would love to see more shots where we're able to see that part of his game. We see it for all the other top receivers in football to get these bomb touchdowns. Garrett doesn't get those ops very often. So I wonder if Jameis Winston would be exciting to him because he's got a rocket arm. He's going to turn it all over God's Earth. But you know, it would be interesting to see that because I just don't like Tyrod takes shots. But again, it's hard to really have a good judgment on Tyrod. We haven't seen him in full flower in like seven years, so what kind of quarterback is he still?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: It's really impossible to say what we're going to see. I just hope we get a quarterback that gives Garrett opportunities. And obviously it's going to be the clear wide receiver one. This room is about to blow up. DeVante is going to be gone, Lazard's going to be gone. You know, top three receivers are about to be Xavior Gibson, Malachi Corley, and Garrett Wilson. God help us all. So we need some more happening in that room. But again, intriguing offer that you present from Carolina, And why wouldn't I agree with you? Carolina would be it would be desperate enough to give all kinds of things because they want to surround Brightce Young with as much tone as possible, and they probably regret slapping Dj Moore on the trade to the Bear, so I'm sure they'd be willing to pay the iron price. But to me, there is no iron price that exists. I would want to get rid of Garrett Wilson, and maybe that's where it comes. Right, I say, there's no package available, and then someone goes like three first round picks or something crazy. I go, okay, well, let's check. Everybody's got a price million dollar man. Ha, you know every man has a price. Maybe that's it. I just haven't heard that price.
Speaker 3: True, I understand. I like I said, I'm really advocating for it. It is still a business. But you're right. I just.
Speaker 7: I don't want to foresee guy right getting a thousand yards next year and be disgruntled, you know, with Jameis Winston, say he gets a thousand yards again.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm giving you a theoretical right.
Speaker 7: You know, he may get fifteen hundred, right, I would love it if he got fifteen hundred or eighteen hundred.
Speaker 3: But if he goes out and gets a thousand yards and you know, his values going down and you see what talent he's got, I don't. I don't know how happy he's going to be. It's not a reason to trade him.
Speaker 7: It's just a reason to consider that he got drafted on, unfortunately on a bad franchise in the in the tough year for us. It was supposed to be Zach Wilson and him, you know, riding off to the sunset.
Speaker 3: So all right, Paul, Well that's all I got. I just wanted to show you my fireworkbox.
Speaker 7: So like I'm agreeing with your with your host about the drafting two defensive players in the in the in the early in the draft, I'm down with that.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 7: Oh, by the way, Carlton Davis, Carlton Davis from the Lions is a corner that as a ring is coming up a broken jaw. He played for the Bucks, got a ring, he was on the Lions staff. He's only twenty eight.
Speaker 3: That's the kind of guy I would grant immediately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he would be an intriguing guy. I appreciate it. Yes, Carlton Davis is going to be out there. It's gonna be some rich money. Those corners are gonna get a lot of bag. So it'll be curious he's basically DJ Reid's age. That'll be curious to see if the Jets. So the Jets have a whole corner. Obviously dijer Read is leaving. Do they fill with the veteran? Do they give it a chance with a rookie? Does quantest diggers seize that role. Uh do they go after an IV two Melifano who has both corner and safety versatility. I'll be super curious to see what happens. Uh there, Uh, Walter, I see this comment coming in on the Heavy on Jets facebook page, ask about what about Jordan Travis Connor Hughes. I just saw I mentioned this a couple of days ago on a late SNYTV hit. They called them an intriguing possibility, but not someone you could consider at all in the quarterback conversation because of his injuries and the setbacks to injuries, so that one's sort of up in the air. Walter, it'd be a great random mystery, right if Jordan Travis ends up being a factor in this quarterback competition, we'll see again. Here's how the quarterback room I view it going to be in twenty twenty five, in some form or fashion. It's gonna be Tyron Taylor in no particular order. It's gonna be Tyron Taylor, it's gonna be Jordan Travis. There's gonna be a rookie somewhere in there. Again, it doesn't have to be someventh overall, but it will be somewhere in there. And then it's gonna wrap up with a veteran that would be competing with Tyron and maybe Jordan Travis. I don't know, but that will all be competing for that starting job. Again, it's hard to envision it for Travis. It's hard. Hell, Jordan Travis might get cut and be on the practice squad. It's all gonna depend on the development. But again, this current staff and regime has no ties to him whatsoever. From that perspective, you gonna want to give a shout out to the five hundred people in the room, like the video hit subscribe. I think we've got one more caller. Let me try this BG, Yes, sir, Oh, hey, what's up? Brother? What's going on?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: I just want to why does everybody want to training Garret Wilson. I'm not trading Garret Wilson.
Speaker 1: No, We've got a lot of the fronts about that. Yeah, a lot of ideas about that.
Speaker 9: Well, I'm gonna take up his fifth year often and then I'm gonna tag him, and then I'm gonna tag him again. So he is not going anywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the thing I don't think, and not on Ted. He just was bringing it up. But like, the Jets are going to pick up his fifth year option in early May or sooner, so that means they would have two years left of team control minimum twenty twenty five twenty twenty six. Then after that you could franchise tag him three times so the Jets could hold his rights for the next five years. So like even and again, even if Garrett Wilson were to request the trade, we have no idea if that's going to happen. But even if he did, the Jets wouldn't have to reciprocate. Say, okay, Garrett, you're the boss. We'll tend you wherever you want. Like, I hope it never reaches that point. I would give him seismic money. He's the best Jets receiver we've had production wise in his first three years of his career. Man, I want Garrett to retire a Jet. I want him to be here for his entire career. And I don't care what packages or offers come, whether we're a good team, bad team, or anything. I want Garrett Wilson on it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, absolutely, absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 9: Well who are you looking forward to in the draft.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of different visions. I'm very much looking forward to the NFL Combine. That's an event I really enjoy. Actually, I'm going to have the house alone during the combine that my family, my family in the house, my fiance and children are all going to a trip to Massachusetts. So I'm going to be all alone at the house doing Boy Green daily shows and combine coverage. So I'm very much looking forward to just kind of hunkering down and taking it as much intel as possible. The NFL Combine is great with Rich Eyesland, Daniel Jeremiah, they have coaches, gms and everything else. In studios you're talking about the prospects, so there should be a ton of information coming out of that. So I'm really excited. There's a bunch of Syracuse guys. I think there's that are going to be an indie. But I'm looking forward to everybody down there.
Speaker 2: Oh glad to hear it.
Speaker 3: What your wife said, you're not invited.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's exactly I should go with the in laws. So you know, hey, if I'm not invited, but you know that's that's that's the gods.
Speaker 6: So there you go, there go, there you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I was also thinking everybody wants to take the defensive tackle up at the top of the draft.
Speaker 3: It's deep, you gotta I'm one of that Stark's character. That's safety.
Speaker 1: Oh, Mal sure, yeah, Georgia, Oh, I think.
Speaker 3: I think we just we just need to run stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I love it, thanks for the call. Beg good stuff, man, I appreciate it. Yeah. I think to be honest, just to go back to Indie's point, I think you can make a strong argument both ways. Okay, So he in case you guys missed that call. So Dylan Tarreman and several others have said, hey, let's go defense. Seven and forty two. Those are the just first two picks, first round, secon round. Let's go defense and get the best players available, basically blue chip players, and then add them in. So you add those to the table. Indy called in and said, hey, man, Aaron Glenn's a defense a coach. I'm going to paraph this a little bit. He made chicken sound out of chicken shit last year and all these randos playing and the defense wasn't half bad. He doesn't need elite level talent to work. And plus, by the way, he already has it. You got saus Gardner, you got Quincy Williams. You got Quinn Williams got Well McDonald got, Jermaine Johnson got all kinds of fun talent. Michael Carter the Second got all kinds of talent on defense. He doesn't need the top picks, the top assets, the top resource to invest. Let's go in different directions and allow Aaron Glenn just to make of what he will with the roster, which, by the way, it's a compelling case, Indy, So salute to Indy for that. June the GM said, no sweet love for you that week, Paul. That's for damn sure, June. That's gonna be a lot of a loane time with BG, with all of you guys, but maybe not in that light. Different strokes AnyWho. Philly Noodles a cup of Philly Noodles gifting a boy Green Coffee Club membership. We love it. Yeah, Philly Noodles, that's a raffle ticket to our contest. Maybe we appreciate it again. That is for the Aaron Rodgers and everything else. Signature Football. That's got the whole It's got the whole team on there as well. So sass Gardner breathe all all those cats. Those are all available on that signature of football as well. That membership, by the way, went to Sean Johnson. Sean Johnson, you just got a Boy Green Coffee Club membership thanks to our guy. Cup of Philly Noodles so beautiful, excellent. Thank you Philly Noodles for the support. You now have two Raffle tickets so far for the contest this month. God Bless appreciate you well everybody. I want to thank you so much for the show. Was a super fun show again, another show to Dylan. We're gonna have to have him back on the program. That was an absolute treat. Make sure you guys like the video hit subscribe. That's a free way to contribute. Again. I really appreciate the people that can dig into their pockets, of course, because it helped support the show. It allows me to do what I do. But I also appreciate the people that if you just enjoy the show but you can't afford to contribute in that way, it means a lot to be able to support it by liking the video and hitting subscribe so we can spread this show to as many Jet fans as possible. Thanks everybody for tuning in. We'll be back tomorrow Tom C returns. We got a mock draft Monday, baby. We'll get right back into the draft action here on the program. Thanks everybody for tuning in, and we'll see you next time. Take care,