Speaker 1: Anyway, Hello everyone, Welcome to Space Pirates, Dungeons and Dragons, Episode eight. The Big Eight, if you turn it on its side, is an infinity infinity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've been here forever.
Speaker 3: This is for eternity.
Speaker 1: We're soon at the end of part one of Gastrovia of ten.
Speaker 4: So this is just gonna be rustage. If you got to make this the whole campaign, you might as well just do it. It might be easier.
Speaker 1: Ye, don't worry, it'll be over soon. I'd hope there's more campaign.
Speaker 4: We don't have it to be over soon. It can just be however long it naturally needs to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I want to make this statement before I do introduce the players.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is different.
Speaker 1: My my dad reads the subreddits for this, So my dad's active. My dad's an active redditor. He has like he has like eight hundred thousand calma. He gets into arguments of redit all the time. That's what he does. That's what he spends his retirement doing his reddit, right, But he follows the the one p D and d rusts subreddit, which is just sort of the all of these D and ds together. And I'm saying, so be careful what you say on there, because the other day my dad came up to me and he said, Daniel, I didn't know you had a var fetish because somebody had made a thread that I had a lot of creatures that like swallowing things, and everyone's.
Speaker 3: Talking about it barely disguised.
Speaker 4: You remember when William got eaten by a giant snake on that interesting Chica.
Speaker 3: Listen. I know I've had.
Speaker 2: A lot of things wottenate.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, I made that post is in the stream right now, apparently.
Speaker 4: Related kind of my I told my dad about rustage today because he didn't know about what you did really, and I told him about what you did. You made like rap songs about anime and he was like, does he have albums? And I'm like, yes, he actually does, so there you go. I really thought you were gonna go eighty h d Well, No, I thought he was gonna because my dad's a big fan of like country. I thought he was like, does he sing country? And I'm like, whatever genre you're thinking of that you listen to, probably not.
Speaker 1: I could make a country song for your dad.
Speaker 2: How does he make a country song for my dad?
Speaker 4: Or like eighties rock like a c DC def Leppard kind of ship, like, uh yeah, that would be my.
Speaker 1: Pop out, a country eighties rock song for your dad. What's your dad an? M Oh, you don't have to. Yeah, I would just name it tech Eggs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Tony, just make it all Tony because that would kind of yeah, my dad's name was Tony.
Speaker 2: There you go. Fine, Okay, let's starry.
Speaker 1: So last episode I did the like the one liners, the intro things, the people like them, but I said that for this episode I would crowdsource them. I would put out a Google form that i'd put in the discord I put in the pin comment of the episode, and I've got a whole bunch of responses from that, and they are all terrible. There's not a single good one. They're all bad, which, to be honest, has made me feel a lot better about my ones. Some of them would just straight insults, some of them would just compliments.
Speaker 3: Weirdly, they weren't you know, anywhere.
Speaker 2: All on the internet here, so like, you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: So I've tried to correalize some of the ones that were okay, but it's hard to go through. Okay, so what do we get, Well, we've got one for teching here all right, which I think this is. This has the construct of a joke and it's blue, I don't know if it's the artists blue, and it says taking you know. I chose this one because this actually has like a set up on punchline, so it's not actually that bad. Taking one on one decided to do a character voice this time around. For Craig it shouldn't be a surprise though, like with his own content, he's only willing to put an effort when there's a brick involved.
Speaker 3: That one. I like that.
Speaker 1: Joshes, I will say all of yours are very specific. I want to read this because they're all about I think ten different people submitted the same joke in different ways. So for example, with a character named Rick Plan, you think he'd be good at it, that is a lie. That's one of them. Plan might be in his name, but the only plan he makes fails. That's another one. Rick Plan has a plan for everything, and by that his plan has been running away from said plans that are bad. That's another one.
Speaker 5: Yes, this is this is This is the inversion of the trope of the character, the idea that he always has a plan, but it only actually works because the rest of the team are good enough to make it work.
Speaker 3: It was just up to me, we'd all be dead. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't want people to realize that Rick plans character is he's very charismatic and like he's good at getting people on his side, but he's actually ship at what he does.
Speaker 3: Absolutely terrible. This is and the whole one is he.
Speaker 1: He fools NPCs into believing him. But I think he fored the audience as well, because I think the audience got Rick planned.
Speaker 3: He's doing.
Speaker 2: What he's doing.
Speaker 5: He's got no idea what he's doing.
Speaker 3: Guys, you could have been way more insulting than this. Come on. Henry Calvill from TIMU was right there. Yeah, you could have gone with anything.
Speaker 1: Let me pick a round on one for for for I must say with con a questa vida. Oh gosh, oh here's one. This doesn't work right now, Connor, can you take your beanie off?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sure, Okay, great, here we go. Navena's player made his debut on The Rust's two channel for the Space Pirate series. Who was this mysterious new character, new face, new vibes. Hold on a second, that's caught a quest He just has hair.
Speaker 3: Like that.
Speaker 1: To be fair, that's also from Blue, which is a coincidence that the only two good like ones that weren't just insults were from the same.
Speaker 2: You should be you should be like an insult.
Speaker 3: Writer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, here's one for Swaberty. This is from Alex. All right, Alex Schwaberty Sigma, the only person here making a living by just being rustige.
Speaker 3: But from the North, I I mean, I can't argue with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I often introduce myself to people who know you as like we all live in rustiges shadow.
Speaker 3: Time, you know, rustage. Yeah, imagine that book from the North.
Speaker 1: This one's some Jackson and says in brackets. By the way, I think of these as quotes as like arts of Knight death death scenes. What second note might have misread the assignment? Please make the players read them.
Speaker 2: No, no, Josh defeats that kind of defeats the purpose.
Speaker 3: These These are bottom light.
Speaker 1: These are like your lies that you would These read like you're in a fighting game and you're about to do your fatality because Rick plans is the best plan is a rick plan, and you aren't in it.
Speaker 5: That's quite good though, to use that in the episode somewhere that's going to happen.
Speaker 2: You're about to ship bricks is all bark and no bite.
Speaker 3: How sad.
Speaker 2: That's a good one. I like that one though. That's funny.
Speaker 6: Yeah, solid uh Daniel, Daniel, you are now doing the Josh strife has thing of pronouncing the name Sigma is segma.
Speaker 3: I am doing it. I just Molhammer edition. That's why I do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because of the age of Sigma. Okay, well, maybe we'll come back to some of these in a future episode.
Speaker 3: And maybe not.
Speaker 1: I think one of these just wrote you are gay?
Speaker 3: Al right?
Speaker 1: Where the fun were we starting? We were okay, we were traveling. So you guys had just left Kaiser's Candy Kingdom. Were no longer Yes on horseback? On horseback. You're on robotic horseback. I don't care if you haven't. You are now.
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 2: Well guy, that was a great adventure. We're ready to leave now right.
Speaker 1: You are on robotic horseback. These are robot horses. So like the feet, yeah, it's sci fi. They their feet are like little you know in Mario cart when you go upside down on the track and it becomes like the little hover of thing, but it's like barely off the ground still, that's what the feet of these horses are like. So they're kind of gliding.
Speaker 3: Along however, not even like galloping.
Speaker 1: Well no, no, here's the thing. In like testing, they found it weird to glide on a horse, so they added artificial gallop, but they didn't do it very well, so it just sort of bucks you every so often erratically. Oh beautiful, And also it does make horse noises, but they're slightly broken because these are older models. So it would go like.
Speaker 4: I think, I think Crag has to be riding on like two of them because he's like a big dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, you've got two of them. I think Pocket would have half of one horse. Yeah, he would just be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so he's just the lower half of a horse and he's just like a weird centaur creature.
Speaker 1: Then like okay, yeah right, and you are now heading well you get to decide now, So you have essentially two choices here. You're either going to go straight to the slaughter forges to meet rackhead on or does sound fun. Novena's plan that she proffered last time was to go to the Soupsy Sanctum to at least talk to Sierra to see if you could negotiate some sort of alliance before going after Rack.
Speaker 3: The question is that was so many s words?
Speaker 2: Yeah, which, so.
Speaker 1: You know which route are you guys taking?
Speaker 2: Well, you know my vote, Nevena. I actually agree with you. I don't think I could meet another Ashcar right now. After what happened to Rock I embarrassed myself so hard. I don't think I can meet another I could go for rock Lock right now. I did not hit a single thing in that entire fight.
Speaker 1: Oh you know, Chrumb comes up to you and I'll say.
Speaker 6: This was what would be for for the Ashkar one, But he's happy to go, happy to go wherever.
Speaker 1: Crumbill Crack there, and Crumb will say something along the lines of, hey, Crag, if it makes you feel any better. I couldn't. I couldn't beat an Ashcar and a one and one duel either.
Speaker 2: Right, But you didn't awaken the ancient lost power of Ashcar magic and I couldn't even hit I need to master this power before we go see Rack.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And also to be I am saying this the comfort you, but I do realize I was the I was the one to beat the ash Car and water one combat. But we just we'd just come on.
Speaker 4: It's it's Crack needs to master his new ability, that's all, you know.
Speaker 1: I couldn't do the rock lock thing. I think. Listen, I don't care what that guy said. It sounds cool and that's good enough for me.
Speaker 2: Are you so glad? You think so?
Speaker 1: Back in back in a food university, I used to only do food research projects that I thought had cool names.
Speaker 4: When you went to a university, I went to community college. We're all the same. Wow, that's awesome. Wow we should talk more often.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we should.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know you in universe. Do you have a degree?
Speaker 2: I do? Crag keeps his like associates degree on him like at all times. He's so proud of it.
Speaker 1: I've got a Yes, I got a PhD.
Speaker 4: Associates degree is the highest level of education that any Ashcar on his home world have received.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I've got I've got a PhD in food.
Speaker 4: Well, I I majored in a bunch of things, but it was I minored in blue blop studies, the blooplops. It's a very obscure. Uh, you know, race of aliens. You're struggle one little struggle to find a job with that, you know what. I decided to follow my passion.
Speaker 2: And there are these aliens that do a lot of beat boxing and wrap on this one, uh, you know, like they do dcore mainly.
Speaker 1: I sorry, what is what is nerd care?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: You see, and then Crag begins to do the shittiest version of nerdcore. You can imagine when Crag performs it.
Speaker 2: Well, he studied the Blueplops, so yes, sorry, you guys, the Blueplops are.
Speaker 3: Just you guys.
Speaker 1: Sorry, but I mean him studying it doesn't mean he knows how to Like if I studied ancient Greek theater, I couldn't then just become an actor.
Speaker 4: You would know the ancient Greek theater. If you could, you can recite it. You might not be good at it, but you can recite it.
Speaker 1: Right, I guess, so, so oh, recite some of our bars right now, then, Tecking, I cannot fake fan, fake friend? Okay, Sonvena and Crag, are you are you pro soups or pro slaughterforge?
Speaker 2: I can keep on moving as long as I got that pineapple juice.
Speaker 1: And then he just okay, that's good. That's good.
Speaker 4: I sing that to myself when I am just hanging out in my kitchen, you know, like that's great, Yeah, doing my dishes or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So yes, are you? Are you slaughter Forge or soup See Sanctum.
Speaker 2: Craig, I'm voting for a soup Sea Sanctum, right, So.
Speaker 1: Rick plan that it's two for soup c one for slaughter Forge. As I'm just talking, I'm.
Speaker 5: Just talking to the horse and the minute. Can you hear those guys over there? Bloody hell what they're talking about. He's sum under the blue blops, not even a real thing, doesn't even know any of their bars anyway, guys make way for the VIPs to the sound and rumpets.
Speaker 3: See this is real friendship. Just googled it.
Speaker 5: So let me have a quick check where you can go to the slaughter forges. That sounds hilarious. That's fantastic. Possibly a fun way of going after the Soup Sea novena. You're a little bit like soup.
Speaker 3: Has to be racist. That sucks up, man, I suppose those.
Speaker 5: Are the soup and way if we go to the Soup Sea Kingdom, didn't you can maybe just talk them into giving us the key or do you think we're gonna have to fight a giant gingerbread thing again or whatever the equivalent is.
Speaker 8: But for soup, well, I'm sure me and Seattle would likely be able to have some kind of conversation. I mean we we probably have much in common.
Speaker 3: Do you get along with a lot of other of your kind?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 8: Well, my kind is all I've known. Everyone knows each other. Back on my own planet, at least, it was a very very tight knit community.
Speaker 3: Everybody knew you. Everybody knew each other.
Speaker 2: Wow, and you didn't have to, you know, constantly fight.
Speaker 8: Oh no, no, I mean we would, we would train, but uh d no fighting each other is you know, very long the priority list.
Speaker 9: Oh, you have a lot of experience, then with you're not talking to other velluinari and getting them to do what you want?
Speaker 3: Oh well, I wouldn't say. I wouldn't say.
Speaker 8: I speak to people, I don't ask them of anything. Usually usually they are asking things of me.
Speaker 3: Just how far away away from this souper place?
Speaker 5: I mean right now?
Speaker 3: Bounce mode.
Speaker 1: Please, it'sert extra lumens to get more features.
Speaker 4: That's a shame it ended, which, by the way, I love the abbreviation for lumen is just the letter L. So it's just like insert five hundred l's and then.
Speaker 2: Lms LMS.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, but the symbol.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, we've got one of how many keys do we have so far for this bloody machine access thing?
Speaker 9: Five?
Speaker 3: Somebody protect that key with all of your might. Yes, I who has it?
Speaker 2: Again, I do not have it. I do not have that key?
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: I think it's me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have a lot of pockets, so I'm assuming.
Speaker 3: In one of your many pockets. Yes, yeah, it's it's in one of my pocket.
Speaker 10: Wamn.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I just I couldn't help.
Speaker 1: But overhear you talking about the amount of pockets that you have, and I do really want to stay for the record that I have far more pockets than you do.
Speaker 2: Pocket that's in your knee. This is not a competition pocket, you know.
Speaker 3: I just I just don't want you.
Speaker 1: I can understand that you're you might be jealous of my pockets hearing, but I don't want you to start stealing more of the things that I'm good at. Everybody already knows you're the second rate pocket in this crew. Everything you can do, I could do better.
Speaker 2: I could do anything better. I love that song. I have A fridge is a fridge a pocket.
Speaker 3: A fridge is a very large pocket. They think nice.
Speaker 9: I'm not about to get into an argument with you about pockets because you'd lose Rick.
Speaker 2: That's a nice jacket. How many pockets are in the jacket.
Speaker 3: How many pockets are in the chat? None?
Speaker 5: I just wear this entirely for fashion's sold bomber jacket.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 5: It's hindered, if anything more than it's actually helped.
Speaker 2: Does it even provide you with warmth? Or is it just purely for aesthetic?
Speaker 3: If anything? Too much warmth.
Speaker 5: I've been sat in many a meeting when I've just been absolutely dripping with sweat. But you've kind of committed at that point, you can't mean yeah, that's how it goes. Yeah, that's what happens. So I've enjoyed this horse ride chat with all of you. It's been fun. I think we've learned a lot about each other. But I think we should definitely head to the soup thing.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Is there like a rest stop along the way or do we just be a decent amount of travel so at some point and we'll have to stop and rest we're gonna have to re filled these horses. So the only person here who knows gastrovia is Crumb. So he's the one who will have to lead the way. And all right, yes, I will lead the way. It will take a couple of days to get there. We'll have to stop somewhere within the Pancake Lands technical name.
Speaker 4: I just this place is magical Pancake Hills, magical planet. I sort of just settled down here after this is all done, get a house, you know, if.
Speaker 1: You think about it, Crag, if you grow up here, it's just normal to me. Grass is magical. Water, trees, that's what I dream of from How.
Speaker 5: Can water be magical to you? And almost everything that you eat has been made with some amount of water. That's like the primary ingredient. You go to a place made of soup.
Speaker 1: Rick plan you don't understand the water that flows in rivers on other planets, you can't drink it's salt water. That's the kind of water I'm thinking of, ob Scara, water made for swimming, water made for enjoying and bathing, just out there in the world with fishes, not not like fishes that are actually in the water living and not just like part of an amalgamation of a bush.
Speaker 8: Oh, you would love my home planet to cram. It is exactly how you describe it.
Speaker 1: Sounds incredible. I've read off a bit about the Villinari planets. You guys have the that that that great flow thing dose you that like es, Yes, that weird coady stuff.
Speaker 3: No, sorry, I wouldn't quite describe it like that.
Speaker 1: No, sorry, sorry, sorry, it's I don't want to be disuspectful to you and your.
Speaker 3: You would fucking hate my home planet.
Speaker 2: Mine too.
Speaker 9: What's your planet like, Sigma? It's just covered in metal. There is no native wildlife. Really metled it was a settled moon, and we turned it into a giant city.
Speaker 3: Okay, we don't even have any water. We have to synthesize it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me either. You just have rocks in magma, that's all we got.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, we all come from such different places.
Speaker 2: And yet we're all friends.
Speaker 10: Where we're basically in a Disney movie right now, disneyesque hit a little pose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, crumbwill turn to you Rick and say what about you, captain?
Speaker 3: Where are you from?
Speaker 1: And then he sort of pauses for a second and he goes, sorry, I just called you, captain. I didn't. I didn't. I know, I'm not actually part of your crew.
Speaker 5: That's entirely okay. It's a term of dim and I understand why you would use it. I grew up on military freighters and ships across the galaxy. I've never set foot on what I would consider my home planet. I suppose the military army is what I would consider my childhood home, traveling around from military schools, flying various attack vessels, defensive ships, perimeter kind of defensive vessels. If we had I simply moved from bridge to bridge, seat to suit. My father was a man who moved around a lot, and my mother was a woman who moved around a lot, and at some point they crossed paths, and then I happened.
Speaker 3: I didn't really have much of a connection with either of them or a place. I suppose I see space itself as my home.
Speaker 5: I see the whirring of the ships, the blinking of the buttons and the dials, so I can say with absolute certainty, being on this planet, it's just really weird.
Speaker 1: I like to imagine that was beautiful throughout that your horse was playing dramatic music.
Speaker 3: That you found I found the dramatic music button. It's this one. It's a lot. It makes the drive a lot smoother as well.
Speaker 4: Rust, could I make a like a history check to see if Crag knows like the homeland the home world of humans?
Speaker 2: It is it Earth like a long time ago?
Speaker 3: Or nobody knows? Nobody knows. Nobody knows.
Speaker 2: It's just lost knowledge.
Speaker 1: It's lost time. Nobody knows what the let's there, but nobody knows. Uh, you know, after you guys will say that pocket will go. I lived in the wastelands. It was ship that sounds fun. Wastelands.
Speaker 4: Hey, my planet is nothing but waste, scorched waste, the dead waste, the living waste, which are mostly dead.
Speaker 5: And uh.
Speaker 3: It got its name from the one dandelion that grows.
Speaker 2: That's it. Everything else is dead.
Speaker 1: Wow, God, it does sound the North, doesn't it?
Speaker 11: Mark Birmingham that you live in true the living waste past the living brackets Newcastle.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, So the day dwindles on and you eventually will have to make a pit stop to rest and sleep and let the horses recharge.
Speaker 12: How good is this group making camp? We're about to well we have I have okay, yeah, yeah, do you want to make camp group camp? I guess it is, let's set it up.
Speaker 1: I'm not good at that, so I guess Craig, you just sort of get off your horse and stick your fridge down.
Speaker 4: You go, there, you go, that's a good camp. I mean, I'm made of magma at my core. I don't need a campfire from rick plan as well. I think a fourteen that's something something Navena makes sense like she's because she's like a monk kind of person. That seven makes you sigma makes sense to Yeah, that actually lines up really well, I think.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Sigma you're doing. Tell me, so you're in the pancake Hills. This is where you're taking your break. Yeah, like the breakfast fields is where you are. So there are like stacks of pancakes sort of growing out of the ground. There's like huge sausage sausages like like benches. There's maple syrup sort of everywhere. There's eggs, you know.
Speaker 3: Everything that the foliage. The foliage is.
Speaker 1: I would say, like bacon strips coming out of the ground like shrubs.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, I think I want to set up some sort of like shelter then, So anyone who's tired can sleep. So probably just like get a bunch of the bacon strips, lean them up against the edge of a pancake hill and create.
Speaker 3: Some sort of like cubby. Oh that sounds perfect.
Speaker 2: That's nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's really nice. That's really sweet.
Speaker 2: I think sleeps out in nature. He doesn't really care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Pocket would do a whole wisdom isn't it fourteen for pockets? So Pocket's just going to dig into the ground and create a burrow, you have, like a scivity borrow, and just live there. If anyone tries to get near his hole, he would just start hissing at people, and he s thought, well, when he gets into the hole, he like opens up his jacket and just unloads a bunch of stuff and it all clunks down impossibly into the ground. He's almost like created the nest of all of his treasure that he's collected in the crude. But yes, I assume you guys are just gonna find a place to sleep and rest for the night. Yeah you want to talk, okay?
Speaker 5: Ye to step aside. You see the rolling hills over there, the pancakes, yes, and you see the cover potentially provided by the bacon sticking up out of the ground.
Speaker 11: I do.
Speaker 5: And you see the fact that people could even potentially sneak up on us via the maple syrup rivers over in the corner as well.
Speaker 3: Of course, well back back on.
Speaker 5: The military ships, there was a lesson about setting up defensive perimeters in an environments just like this, and it's days like this.
Speaker 3: But I regret missing that lesson. Something like that would have.
Speaker 5: To level with you, Sigma. Oh, there's a lot of places that people could be right now. Yes, So I'm going to go and search around for a bit. Are you going to be okay here?
Speaker 3: With pocket? I will be fine. I will take first watch. Well, everybody else gets some sleep. I'm going to go and scout over there. I'd like to take like seven or eight.
Speaker 1: Steps and then just sort of look around. You go and scout, and boss, give me a perception. I guess.
Speaker 3: Nine. So, yeah, have you been fine over here?
Speaker 1: It looks great, And honestly, you could convince yourself that because all the other people are fighting, nobody's just roaming, you know, nobody's roaming in the middle of the pancake, I.
Speaker 4: Am, Is there like a stack up like a perhaps a pancake hill or knoll that I could like climb on top of to like survey the surrounding area at least.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right at this point, yeah, one.
Speaker 2: Better than that. It's better than zero, better than zero.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I actually think as you get you you get up, I think you just close your eyes.
Speaker 2: I'm actually I mean, you know what, I feel tired, and I just go to sleep on top of the stack of pancakes.
Speaker 1: That's perfect.
Speaker 2: I am sleeping on top of a stack of pancakes. That might be relevant.
Speaker 3: I don't that will be relevant.
Speaker 5: Okay, So okay, things, it's safe. I think we'll think it's safe.
Speaker 1: Everyone's tucked in for the night now, mm hmm crag.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as the we hours of the night continue on, you know, two three am.
Speaker 2: You hear a voice gum drops stars.
Speaker 1: As you often do, crag when you're sleeping. Now you hear a voice. Oh shit, okay, but it's a slightly different voice. Usually you hear a voice from vow And he talked to you that one time and you ignored him.
Speaker 2: Yes he did.
Speaker 1: He has tried to, like subsequent times you've slept, He's tried to say stuff to you. But I think you've just shut him out.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, he's trying to gaslight me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's probably trying to gas it. But now, yeah, you hear this voice and it sounds less in your head and more like next to you, okay, and it sort of startles you awake, and you wake up and you see this tall standing in front of you now and swaying robe and cloak, and he goes, hello, Crag. I reach out to try to like touch him. You can't, you could feel him, and he put off the pancake.
Speaker 3: Give me, give me an athletics. We'll be up in the middle of the night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go ahead, give you athletics. H eleven.
Speaker 3: So this is what happens.
Speaker 1: You push him and as you push him off the pancake, he then just ends up hovering there in the air. Whoa, and he goes, come come, brother, brother.
Speaker 2: You're not my brother.
Speaker 1: We're binded together by the shot. We are brothers now, and we always know where you are brothers.
Speaker 2: We haven't even fought together on the battlefield of the semi living waste.
Speaker 1: Then let us then let us fight together, brother crag.
Speaker 2: You are I'm always up for a fight, I guess. Okay, is anyone gonna die. I'm not fighting my friends.
Speaker 3: No, don't worry about that. They can help.
Speaker 1: We just need you to find us another black star shot crack. We need his many hands as we can get, and you you're a useful man. We've been getting reports that the next shard is being held by a man known as the War Bishop.
Speaker 2: All right, well, I think I remember correctly. I brought this up to you before, but I'll bring it up again. Uh, what do you need all these shards for? Like, give me the whole explanation again.
Speaker 1: For the grand plan?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that does That is a claim that is not an explanation.
Speaker 1: To change the core of these systems from the inside out to start again.
Speaker 3: Anew, does this involve blowing something up?
Speaker 1: It floats over to you and puts a hand on your shoulder. Together, we can blow up our minds to greater possibilities.
Speaker 2: All right, I think you might just be some kind of night being or something. I don't trust you.
Speaker 1: Well, that leads me to my second point, which is he holds out his hand hand over the shod.
Speaker 3: Then the one that you it's inside me? Is you spit it out? You spit it out? That's what actually Navina has it. Navida has it now, Okay, I don't have it anymore.
Speaker 1: He goes hand over the shot.
Speaker 6: That you have.
Speaker 2: No, it's mine. It's mine by right.
Speaker 1: If you will not help us find the shots, and you will keep the shots from us, that makes you own, all right?
Speaker 3: All right? All right?
Speaker 2: Tell you what, Tell you what.
Speaker 4: Give me a good firm handshake, and I look you dead in the eyes, and I know you're telling the truth, and I'll help you get that shard.
Speaker 1: He's gonna give you a nice firm handshake.
Speaker 2: Eat them out there.
Speaker 3: You throw him again, give me another.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna throw him and I'm gonna wake everybody up that there's somebody here, all right, all right, and I'm throwing him in the opposite direction.
Speaker 3: Twenty two twenty two.
Speaker 1: You throw him into the air, and I think with such force that even though he's like floaty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he sum's here.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Question, is crag shouting actually happening in real life or is he in the No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, crag shouting is actually now happening in real life. The guy did materialize actually in front of him. Yeah, brother, dream, wake up everybody.
Speaker 2: The gaslight and creepy dream Man attacked me again.
Speaker 3: He goes, I am brother Dream of the Brotherhood of.
Speaker 1: The Black Star, and you are now an enemy of Captain Voo and I will take that Black Star shod whether you're alive or dead.
Speaker 3: I told you.
Speaker 2: Guys, he was real.
Speaker 3: Do we all see this?
Speaker 2: Let's be hilarious. If I'm the only one that should hear him.
Speaker 1: He has materialized in front of you.
Speaker 3: Does that count as a rest for the purpose.
Speaker 1: You guys, I'm gonna say yeah, IM gonn say you guys have all long rested.
Speaker 5: We got eight hours at is this starting combat and we're rolling for initiative.
Speaker 1: It's going to start combat. It's rolling initiatives straight away because he did just the ground. Brother dream hitting the ground wakes everybody up. His crag roars from the top of the pancakes. Pocket immediately comes up from his little hole and it's his turn to begin, and he looks over at Rick Plan who's near him, and he gives him a wink and he's going to fire his gun and hopefully hit this time, which he fires off the gun and he does hit. What this tall cloaked towel takes a bullet into his shoulder, sort of stumbles about quickly and looks around now at all the targets around him and grimaces Navina, it is your turn.
Speaker 3: Well, she's gonna ask, who the hell are you? I am brother Dream from the Brotherhood of the Black Star. I am a revolutionary. I am a visionary, okay, and.
Speaker 1: I am here to change the universe, and you are an enemy of change if you do not let me get my black Star shot.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about? What is this black Star Shad?
Speaker 2: I think he's had of the magic rock that I gave you that one time.
Speaker 3: You have the Black Star Shoti he was here.
Speaker 4: I think, yeah, you know that black Shard, the thing I ate and then puked up and then gave to you.
Speaker 2: Remember that thing, Nevina, Navina, don't you remember.
Speaker 3: A boy? Okay? I think I think Navena might try and get this guy in some sort of a grapple.
Speaker 1: He's going to do a saving thro That's just what he's got to do. You don't need to do anything. He just does a saving against whatever your DC is for that which you will have to let me know that.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure what it would be. I don't know either.
Speaker 1: Well, let's roll it and let's just seem okay, eight, it doesn't matter what it is because an eight would fail.
Speaker 7: So you.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's no way he's lower than an eight.
Speaker 13: No, I'm just gonna extend over the arms and just like whip him around him and they like tie him together.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So he's now grappled, which means his speed is zero, but he can still do things. Yeah, but he cannot move. He goes, Oh, you lay hands upon a member of the Brotherhood of the Black Staff. All right, sure man, Okay, he has disadvantaged on attack rolls against any target other than the grappler, and you can move him around, all right. So if that's your turn, Novena, I think it's reck plans on.
Speaker 4: When does he make Does he make like a check at the end of his turn to get out of that or has does he does that an action he has to burn?
Speaker 1: I think it's an action he has to do scaping a grapple. You've got to do a strengthlytics chect Okay, okay, all right, Uh, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Rick plan?
Speaker 5: As soon as Crag shouts about the gas lighting, awake up. Nobody gas lights Microme except me.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 5: As soon as I see Navina grapple, I just want to sprint full speed, jump up onto whatever the thing is, pulling the gun out at the same time and trying to kind of grab the thing and plays the gun as close as I can to him.
Speaker 2: Who are you?
Speaker 3: What do you want? Okay? Sorry? What do you mean by the thing? I see?
Speaker 5: I see, I've seen Navina grab something as in him, something important.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna run up and just jump and grab is doing the right thing.
Speaker 1: You've got it? And he goes.
Speaker 3: I've just I think I said like four times. I repeat it.
Speaker 1: I have a brother dream of the Brotherhood of the Black Star. We work for Katherin vaugh We're trying to gather all the pieces of the Black Shard. Crag has one of the Black Shots. He ingested it, which means he is now linked to us and we always know where he is at all times.
Speaker 3: Am I asleep right now?
Speaker 2: You're be tracking me?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 3: Vow has told you that.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't like that very much.
Speaker 3: Who vow.
Speaker 7: You?
Speaker 3: He's our leader, He's our glorious savor that will change the world. Remember him?
Speaker 13: For president would know that name is Sigma yeah, I don't know if anyone else meant vau yeah.
Speaker 3: You he disappeared as soon as.
Speaker 1: His name. You are hearing this now, right, and so I don't know.
Speaker 2: He said that I am.
Speaker 3: I am underneath my my bacon tent.
Speaker 6: I haven't exposed myself yet because I'm trying to remain concealed.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, so vow o, w okay, that's relevant, Okay, yes, yeah.
Speaker 5: Right, simply while I'm still kind of grabbing onto this guy holding the guns close about it? Are we about to fight or not? Because I can pull this gun right now. I'll warn you I once shot a man just to check a bullet worked.
Speaker 1: If you don't hand over the show, you are an enemy to the greater cause, an enemy of freedom, an enemy of progress.
Speaker 5: You're sounding very cult like right now. And I know I've dealt with a few progress.
Speaker 2: And freedom of what.
Speaker 3: Of the great change?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 3: Too many idea? What this guy is on about?
Speaker 2: Fume boss?
Speaker 5: I'll tell guy, this guy as soon as he's going to pull the trigger and shoot him, that fights me.
Speaker 2: He's tracking me.
Speaker 1: Now, I won't even get yeah, I'll just I won't even give you this advantage for it to be a razor because he's grappled.
Speaker 7: What.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna let you fucking do it. Just it, just regular trigger. I bet you miss though, all right, somebody I.
Speaker 3: Would like I'd like to spend a luck point to give myself a BA to John.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I bet you still missed though.
Speaker 2: It's a two three I guaranteed I'm ready.
Speaker 1: Wait okay, ten, and then give me the other one.
Speaker 2: Ten oh.
Speaker 3: On one side either way? Okay, sure, yeah, yeah, it was a bad one.
Speaker 1: It is his turn. He turns around to Navina, who is the one who's actively he knows how's the shot. It's his main target, Navina. He's gonna pull out a hand. You fear your body move by itself. He's going to gravity shift you. I need you.
Speaker 14: Oh no, there's no saving throats for this. You just go up into the air. Oh shit, Yeah, you're still grampling him. So does he go up in the air too, Yeah, but he could fly, so it's fine sight he could fly.
Speaker 2: Fuck yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So he brings you up into the air, and at the same time he's bringing up pieces of breakfast food up into the air as well, because he's like using teleconesis on the debris and he sticks out his hands as you guys are in mid air, and he gets I guess, a giant sausage that he's telecaneating, telecanetting, yeah, and flings it through the air towards you. Navena.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, seventeen.
Speaker 1: I think that does just hits Yes, it does twelve damage.
Speaker 3: But I got hit with a massive sausage.
Speaker 1: It's it's force damage as it hits you square at the side.
Speaker 2: Okay, but telekinetic Glizzie, I love it.
Speaker 6: Will will not be the only time that Navina gets hit with a sausage in this campaign, if anything to say about.
Speaker 13: It, everybody, okay, all right, yeah, well that was a big chunk of my health. I can't do anything about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well that's yeah, that's your that's that's his turn though, And it is kind of colonel. Am still grappling him or did that loosen my grip? I think I'm gonna think you're still grappling him, So you're still grabbing him. Yeah, so's he's he's able. He's gravity shifted both of you into the air with his telekinetic powers, but he can't he can't move around when he's in the air because you're still grappling onto him, and he would have disadvantaged against anyone besides you. So he's just locked in throwing glizzies at you. Man, Doctor Curda. Crumb stands up, waking from his slumber, Demana, are you okay?
Speaker 3: No, I'm it's a sausage fest up here. I don't I don't have my gun anymore.
Speaker 1: Rick Plan has my gun, and I don't have a bad meg or call gummy bears to attack with.
Speaker 3: I have nothing. The gun's not very good, and only fire's warning shots can't get him down from here.
Speaker 1: He looks up at brother Dream and he goes, hey, you want the shot.
Speaker 3: I have the shod.
Speaker 1: Through a charisma for him for a persuasion twelve. There's a possibility there. I'm going to do an insight from dream here. I'm just gonna do it as like a contest.
Speaker 2: How insightful is he? It's just a.
Speaker 1: Wisdom, right have a.
Speaker 3: Dream looks down at Crum and goes, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: It's this motherfucker right here. He's the one. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: So crumb Is has successfully distracted Dreams, so on Dream's next turn he will be attacking Crumb. Okay, it's Spot Ross's turn, who also wakes up. He's the only weapon he has is the bit of crag Shard, and he wakes up and goes, oh my god, I didn't sign up for this when I cited the waivers to join the Global bites Chip Division. But I believe in you, but my master believes in me.
Speaker 2: He called me his master, he called me his sense.
Speaker 3: Okay, so proud.
Speaker 1: He's gonna run round and I guess he's going to.
Speaker 4: Throw his shod growing dagger. That's a thing it misses. I mean when he tried, good effort, Spot really close and now.
Speaker 1: He no longer has it, by the way, so now he has no weapons.
Speaker 3: It lands how pick it up? High up in the air his brother dream and novena.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going to say not too high. The about level would walk like maybe thirty forty feet.
Speaker 2: Oh that's jeez.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so like high enough that if the vena was to drop, it would do damage.
Speaker 2: Are they not like level with me on top of the pancakes? Like yeah, like eye level.
Speaker 1: Saying like Cragg, you're about thirty feet in the air as well. Okay, so they're like eye level with me. Right now, gotcha, So have you dropped? I think would take about three damage.
Speaker 3: Okay, but Sigma is worried about Navena right now. Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: His usual point of player at this point during a combat would be stay in the hiding hole that he's in and shoot from a distance.
Speaker 1: Which I do want to stay is exactly what Pocket is doing as well.
Speaker 15: So yeah, the idea from Okay, no you can't read bit me out of characters?
Speaker 6: Would you let me let me know if this works, because I'm kind of like right next to the stack of pancakes, the best of the stack of pancakes that Crag is on, and they're sort of near that, right, But for your yeah, I have I have as part of my character, I have second story work which lets me climb at the same speed.
Speaker 3: As walking speeds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, i'd let you climb it.
Speaker 3: Can I run up the second pancakes and then jump across, oh to to the flying Yeah I would. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what that's what second story works all about. It's what climbing up things are, jumping off them in a dramatic way. So yeah, of course it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dashing out of his little his bay can hidy hole.
Speaker 6: He's gonna he's gonna all four claws tearing up the wall of this pancake thing and watch the butter.
Speaker 3: Take your crag.
Speaker 6: And then he's gonna leap over and try obviously he's not gonna like hit and then just let himself fall. He's gonna try and like latch onto them as well while he's while he's clung, but he's going to make two calr attacks.
Speaker 3: Do I get advantage for attacking himself?
Speaker 1: I'm yeah, I'm just gonna show yourself beforehand, so he was not expecting this. Yeah, and he's not expected this, so you get advantage on the first second. Yeah, you hit twenty four hits, give meneak attacks sneak attack.
Speaker 3: Damage fifteen damage?
Speaker 1: Do you rip into brother dream in the air like it's just a crazy seed to imagine it's just jumping off a stack of pancakes and ripping him out of the air. Are you trying to and then I take him to the ground? Are you just sort of doing a drive by?
Speaker 6: Well, I'm hoping I'm trying to grab onto him as I attack him right, my claws in from market the added wad drags him.
Speaker 1: Down like slowly.
Speaker 6: Okay, I get yeah, yeah, so I also because I have claw mastery, I get to make up handclottack, which in my head is just I'm I'm attaching myself to him by just digging my claws.
Speaker 3: In the clothes. Right, yeah, give me the second call.
Speaker 1: He's probably gonna, oh my godre.
Speaker 3: Going to do like a D six book but.
Speaker 1: Two nineteen, Oh my god, beautiful. So you're now grabbing onto the back of Brother Dream here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was also grappled by a Novena.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and waiting slowly, taking you, guys closer to the ground. But he's maintaining this hobby, all right, is that I shoot? That is your turn. You can't do anything else, okay, crag Oh, Stigma Nevena and Brother Dream are like floating in the air in front of you and you're on top of a stack of pancakes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what are you doing here?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna use my only projectile weapon. I don't know if I've ever used them, which my obsidian javelins that I have. All right, and I'm just gonna be like, all right, guys, uh, Sigma Navino, don't move, Oh my god, A little a little tar a little targeting minigame just started in Cracks, and.
Speaker 3: The net one here is gonna be diabolical. I'm not lately with this. Please do not move.
Speaker 1: I don't do critical fumbles anymore. But if you do get a net one here, it will hit Sigma.
Speaker 2: So that's what that's what it's for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm gonna say, I'm gonna say that preface it sixty right now.
Speaker 2: It hits, but that definitely doesn't critically fail.
Speaker 1: That is that is exactly his own class. Yes, all right, So the obsidian javelin, what is this?
Speaker 2: You're not double double check that because that doesn't sound right?
Speaker 3: You know, it's because you have I have giant. It's turned on.
Speaker 2: That's why. That's why it's just five. It's five. I was gonna say, let me, let me turn off that giants, Mike, because I did not do that.
Speaker 1: The obsidian javelin flows through the air and pierce his brother dream in the side.
Speaker 13: It's gonna be quite a heavy javelin as well. Yes, finally hits something.
Speaker 4: And his uh oh, speaking of hold on one minute, because I have the weapon mash actually, as that hits, I'm a fighter, yeahs as Craig hits.
Speaker 3: With that javelin. I think Sigma gripping onto this guy will.
Speaker 4: Turn around be like good job, crack, thank you. All right, this one is slow with the javelin. It just reduces his speed by ten feet.
Speaker 1: His speed is already zero at the moment because of the venue.
Speaker 2: But hey, now it's now it's negative ten.
Speaker 3: That means yes, closer to the ground.
Speaker 1: I guess he's getting slowed down to the ground. Pocket looks up. Is that your turn, crag issue. I don't know if you can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that that is I'm not going to go big or anything like that.
Speaker 1: Looks at brother Dream and Sigma and Navina club together. He pulls it helps a green age and he looks at you, Sigma, and he just grins and you can see him grinning at you, and he's like looking at him.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's looking at the thing and he and he's looking up at you. And then he like puts it away and he goes and he gives you a wink and then he pulls out his gun and it's like a warning, you know what I mean, It's like I could have done that. Yeah, he just pulled out his gun. Gun And then he's gonna hide after this because he didn't do it last time and he misses, so whatever, he's hid. All right, So Navina is your turn back around.
Speaker 13: I think she's going to have to try and like kick him, yeah, something like he looks weak, he's like he's blood is dripping down.
Speaker 1: You don't really see. You can tell he's a child because of the horns, but he is wearing like a cloak. He has a mask on. And as as he's sort of going down, he's staring into your eyes in Avena, and he's.
Speaker 3: Like, you don't understand what we're doing. You don't know what this what the masks for?
Speaker 6: You don't.
Speaker 3: It represents us? Oh what are you doing with Vienna?
Speaker 16: Ah?
Speaker 13: Yeah, Navena is gonna kick him in the stomach. I think, okay, three times you see.
Speaker 2: Kicks? All right?
Speaker 1: Give me those three boom boom, because I assume so the second one hits. Unfortunately two of them do miss.
Speaker 3: You could do enough damage with that.
Speaker 1: You do exactly enough damage. I was gonna try and higher enough. You need to get higher than at nine, but at nine is enough? Are you killing him or are you knocking him out?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 13: I'm going to like like viciously wind him to the point where he just loses consciousness. Okay, right, so just a fucking like wrapped him round the thing and just like snee back and just into the st.
Speaker 3: Your like leg extends back like a Loony Tunes character.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, you rip him into unconsciousness. Obviously, this means this teleconesis stops. He did lower down, but he's still You're still about twenty feet up. So Sigma Dream and the Vena are gonna now collapse to the ground and take every all of them are going to take two D six damage?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 6: God? Is it possible for me to do an acrobatics check to attempt to for Navena not to take any damage?
Speaker 3: Let me know you're her and letting her land.
Speaker 5: On me, right, because I was about to say, can I potentially attempt to catch Sigma.
Speaker 2: Rick time? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wait wait wait wait, okay, this is important, right, Yes, I'm going to say that, Yes, if you could get a good enough acrobatics you can catch Novena. But then if rick Plan gets a good enough dexterity, he can then catch Sigma and all of the damage will just get piled onto Rick Plan can we come captain, so he just takes forty.
Speaker 3: I'm okay with this. What role am I making?
Speaker 1: So Sigma give me acrobatics first. So as you guys fall, when you leap up the air, you grab Navina Rick plan. You just give me straight dexterity here, I'm going.
Speaker 5: To expend the luck point to give myself advantage on this and dexterity or strength.
Speaker 1: You actually do whatever you're on you prefer I will allow you because I get them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah you could.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seven actually a rick plan. You look up into the sky and just lads next to you on the.
Speaker 5: Some the sun.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, So it's time the stars back on the ship.
Speaker 5: There was a lesson about catching falling lichens, and it's moments like these that I regret missing that lesson.
Speaker 1: Right, okay, Sigm take forty six damage?
Speaker 2: Do I roll it? No, it's nine plus forty six damage.
Speaker 3: Actually entire health.
Speaker 1: Actually sorry, sorry, so no, you you you I'm gonna say you just take the nine. Actually you're not. It's not it's a plansication.
Speaker 3: It's fine.
Speaker 1: You do just take the nine. You just take the nine. But brother Dream does collapse to the ground, hit the ground, which means he does take damage, which means, yes, he was unconscious, but now he's doing.
Speaker 3: Death saves, which as long as he doesn't like.
Speaker 1: He's got one failure from that damage already, which means I guess we're still on tourn order until somebody helps him. So Rick Plane, it is your turn, not gonna be me. So Brother Dream is dying in front of you, Sigma.
Speaker 3: Are you okay? I'm fine, Captain Navina, thank you, Sigma. You saved me. Well you you were a wounded they you know, it's a kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Crag you do it?
Speaker 3: Okay, up there, we did it. You ain't did indeed?
Speaker 2: Pop out here.
Speaker 3: We're gonna need you.
Speaker 5: I hailed something, all right. Here, we go to Brother Dream, kind of grab him and stabilize him. Spend my turn to stabilize and.
Speaker 1: Bring him to a medicine check. Then yeah, give me medicine medicine check. You just need to be a ten what we need well in a world, in a world, sixty in a world succeed. So yeah, you sort of patch him up with a few supplies that you have.
Speaker 3: That's what the warning shots were trying to warn you of.
Speaker 5: I wasn't the danger are you still on the danger he's.
Speaker 1: Not hearing this.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get kill me, dude.
Speaker 3: This isn't for you, This is for me. There was this guy crag Uh.
Speaker 4: He is a dream guy that tried to gaslight me a few times and put a tracer on me without my consent, and I didn't really enjoy that very much. And uh, you know, he's just speaking in riddles and he's trying to manipulate people, and he won't tell us what he's actually doing, and he's totally in a cult.
Speaker 3: That's my role. How long has this been going on for?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: I usually kind of shut him out. It happened on the ship a little while ago. I thought it was just you know, the magic space rock that gave me the visions, you know. Uh, but uh, you know this time he actually showed up like I could touch it. Did you tell us about the visions? I feel right, maybe I might have just dreamed about me telling you about the vision. Sigma was a unicorn when I was telling you, so maybe it didn't actually happen.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think it says a lot about this planet that that thing that you just said makes the most amount of sense of anything we've heard over the last few days.
Speaker 2: I know, right unless this is all a dream right now, and we're gonna wake up and he's not even gonna be here.
Speaker 5: One step at a time, crag. Let's we'll burn that bridge when we come to it. But right now, this guy, let's stabilize him and ask him some questions.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna pull my javelin out of him.
Speaker 3: Does that kill it?
Speaker 2: Do I take it out? Or do I leave it it? Do I take it out?
Speaker 1: I think he will, he will come to if you like, wake him up. I assume you've tied him up somehow.
Speaker 2: We can restrain him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you could restrain him. Yeah, there's always the fridge too, if we need a holding cell.
Speaker 5: Okay, we've not tied you up. That's because this guy right here is our restraint. I'm pointing at Sigma.
Speaker 1: He's gonna start level, he's gonna start levitating like a donut.
Speaker 4: I grab his I grab his leg. Oh oh no, he's not levitat. He's letting tating a donut. No, you don't try to jump on the dome.
Speaker 2: Is.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, no matter how much you restrain him, he's got like mental Telegoni his powers. So he comes to he sees people around him. He starts sucking, levitating a doughnut and he's gonna hurl it at somebody until unless somebody knocks him out again. I want to say no and just yeah, okay that you slap him and the doughnut crashes to the ground with crag on it.
Speaker 2: All right, let's try so he knocked out again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's knocked out again.
Speaker 4: Okay, try covering his eyes up. Maybe he has to see things in order to move them. That might not be a bad idea. He is wearing currently in the fridge, well, nobody right now at the moment.
Speaker 3: Him in the fridge.
Speaker 2: Alright, I'll see all right, So the fridge that's attached to my back and we're just gonna put him in there and we're gonna see if he can levitate me. Yeah, and I have no No, here's what we no, No, here's what we're gonna do.
Speaker 4: Fridge, fridge on my back, strapped to me, bolted to me, and then I'm gonna ab the like I don't know, something that's heavy, just even the ground. I'm just gonna dig myself into the ground where he literally could not lift me up, you know, myself check to lift crag. Yeah, I'm gonna anchor myself to the ground.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sounds like a good plan. Yeah, okay, so you've put.
Speaker 2: Him in, let's give that a shirt.
Speaker 1: As he's doing that, Crumb has run up to the Vina and goes navina.
Speaker 3: Are you okay? Yes, I'm fine. I took a little tumble, but Sigma cut me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, good job, Sigma. That was that was very cool. I like the flip that you did.
Speaker 3: Thank you did you? I always try and do things with style points.
Speaker 1: Yeah you did. Like the hero landing when he landed as well?
Speaker 2: Oh that was so cool Sigma.
Speaker 3: Actually, this is the first hit I've taken as a part of this group.
Speaker 2: Real wow, it hurts.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, pain hurts unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, well, good job. He gives you a thumbs up. He's trying really hard to be part of this team.
Speaker 9: I like, I liked what you did, you know, trying to distract him. That was very brave considering how powerful he seems.
Speaker 1: Well, I hadn't fully gaged how powerful he was yet. I'll be honest, I just thought he could like lift iye.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I am well I'm still very brave of you, but thank you. You really put the you know, you put the team ahead of yourself.
Speaker 3: That means a lot. Well, this is well.
Speaker 1: I've never got to these any coblers before, not even in my peer of views. They're mostly just negatives. But even when you're thought, you know, in the peer of view, you're forced to write a compliment. Even in those I don't get any They right.
Speaker 5: Crumb, you did the right thing. In this team, we shoot first and ask questions when the people we've shot are conscious again, and if they don't answer, then we put them in the fridge.
Speaker 4: And if they can levitate things, then we keep doing that until we figure out a way for them not to levitate things.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: It's a long it's a long company motto, but it gets the point across, and that there's.
Speaker 5: A single noise in the Ashcar language that sums it all up. But I think in general you get the vibes anyway, Crumb, I'm proud of you.
Speaker 1: Wow, wow, thank you.
Speaker 3: Do you happen to have any knowledge of what this thing is? And I'm going to pull out the uh, the crystal that I have God?
Speaker 4: All right, Okay, now, crag went to community college majoring in philosophy with a minor in the blue Blop studies. So I'm assuming there was maybe one earth sciences class or geology course that he might have taken. I'm going to try to do maybe like whatever check you want me to do, to try to pull something you might.
Speaker 2: Just be something already do it when you found it and you didn't know what it was. Yeah, I'm gonna really try though. Now I'm like, okay, come on, Crag, think about it.
Speaker 3: You know Rock, I've asked Crumb. Yeah, well, here's the thing. Crag.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately you do. I'm not gonna let you roll this because you just don't know what this is. Crumb looks down at it and goes, I've never seen anything like it before in my life. It has it's sort of glowing black if if that even makes sense to you. Yeah, I'm holding it in a cloth and I'm gonna say, just just touch it me. Okay. He goes, and he touches it, and then you see his like eyes go open wide.
Speaker 3: He goes, Oh.
Speaker 1: He puts his finger away, and he said, I saw I saw the universe. I saw everything upside down.
Speaker 6: I saw the.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that's incredible. Wow, I saw so much. I need to I need to like.
Speaker 2: Calm crap.
Speaker 3: I don't even have that much to throw up to begin with.
Speaker 5: That's the universe speaking through you.
Speaker 1: Fuck, I need to lay down. I'm gonna go lay in this on this like hasher of ham.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh, take care of him, A good idea.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: I go over to uh Spud and I give him a javelin and that knife that he threw, and I'm like, here, I need to teach you more about the javelin later.
Speaker 3: The javelin in his hands, it just goes bump down to the ground.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to maybe, yeah, all right, well here's the knife back and then uh, we'll work on some other fighting skills. But you did good. You did good.
Speaker 5: Oh I'd like to nail down next to the fridge and kind of knock on it. Okay, dream.
Speaker 1: Did you hear a voicemail?
Speaker 2: Ground?
Speaker 1: Yep, Hello, you've put me in confinement, it seems yes, stright a fridge. How do you know this is how you stop my powers?
Speaker 3: We didn't.
Speaker 5: We just kind of took a good gas and it kind of works. That's what I've been going with so far right?
Speaker 1: Are you going to give me the shot?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 3: I admire your etimism. You are persistent, you know, so you give up? Doe? Do I surrender?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 5: Not yet, I'm going to keep going. So you've been following us for quite some time, haven't you see? We've got a thing going on with this planet here, with the whole machine that stops people eating food, which we think is just all kinds of evil.
Speaker 2: And now you're making out exactly.
Speaker 1: The reason why we need the Black Star because these these systems are inherently broken. You could fix the system on this planet, but they'll just.
Speaker 3: Make another one. You need to turn everything to ash and rebuild it.
Speaker 5: Are you talking about kind of absolutism? And we we get the power and we reached out everything from.
Speaker 3: Where it began.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but like yeah, in a way, Okay, that's that there's a lot of problems without that. We'll discuss what can we do to discuss us sorting this planet out first, and then we'll circle back to what you've got going on?
Speaker 3: Or are you going to keep trying to there?
Speaker 1: Are you have two options? You either hand us over the shard and help. You've got three options, actually, sorry, I've got three options. It's better. Option one you help us, Option gather the shards, you join the brotherhood like Crag has done. Option Option two you hand over the shard and you leave us alone. Option three you do neither option one or two, and therefore you are an enemy and you're actively getting the way of our plans because we need that shard.
Speaker 5: I like three three are trying to do anything unless we give you the shard. Effectively, you're saying, take the shard and then you'll leave us alone.
Speaker 3: But we have to join you. Otherwise where enemies and you're going to come back and keep if you.
Speaker 1: Give us and we can be can be neutral. If you give us the shot, we'll leave you alone.
Speaker 2: What about aption for we destroy the shard?
Speaker 1: You can't.
Speaker 5: I'm pretty good at crushing things. You can try, Brother Dream. Let me ask you a very simple question. If I open this fridge and let you out and don't give you the shard, what are you going to do?
Speaker 1: Take the shard?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: I trying to hurt me or any of my crew in the attempt to do that.
Speaker 18: Yes, I just already I've already believed that I would do that. We've already fought once. I really respect his honesty.
Speaker 5: No, No, he's straight up, he's like, I want that shark. I'm gonna yeah, Crew, I've got an idea. You too, brought me up part of the pack. If we got his fridge, we're going to have to give him the shot.
Speaker 3: And I just he's he seems evil.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't trust him, and guys, I need to use this fridge. This is my fridge.
Speaker 3: So I vote we just kill him.
Speaker 6: You know what.
Speaker 2: I never thought i'd be honest with Pocket on this one.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I agree with Pocket. All right.
Speaker 5: I've got an idea. As long as we're all okay with this, I think I've actually got a plan this time.
Speaker 3: I've killed people from so many enemies. Yeah, but like he's an enemy regardless of I mean, I don't want to I don't want to see it.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 4: You can at least blindfold him and take him out to where those blueberry ridges are over there and shoot him in the head or something.
Speaker 5: Soon in this fridge is gonna be Yeah, how heat resistant are you?
Speaker 4: I'm pretty heat resistant. There's lots of magma on Obscarren, and so about magma heat at least.
Speaker 3: Would you do me a favorite crag?
Speaker 5: Could you?
Speaker 2: Horse, Boss?
Speaker 3: Could you be on top of the fridge, effectively pinning it to the ground.
Speaker 5: I could certainly do that, Boss, brilliant. I'd like to cast heat metal onto the fridge.
Speaker 1: You could just lock the fridge, you know, even he crag doesn't need to be on it. You could just lock the fridge.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, I think we need to.
Speaker 5: We need to kind of quarterize the inside of the fridge because there's a lot of stuff in there that we need to clean out. And this seems to be the easy Ye.
Speaker 2: It's like a self cleaning oven. It'll just you know, burn out everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean yeah, I mean he's he's on one hp. You don't need to roll the damage for this.
Speaker 1: He can't even like it's as long as he's touching it, he will take the damage, which he will be because he's in it, so it won't even take that long.
Speaker 2: You so, uh, you're raising the heat in there to you know, knock him out right or.
Speaker 1: You cannot do this not lethally. He is cooking this man, so.
Speaker 5: You're making a soda for him right on the fridge before we do this, Guys, this will kill him. And I think in some in some systems that exist, and a few the this is a war crime. I I don't know if like this is the easiest way to kill him, Like even if I would be ok, how about we opened the door a little bit and then everyone just shoots in. I mean, I have an easier way to deal with it. But honestly, just cook him already, you know what, Just.
Speaker 3: Punch him in the face or something.
Speaker 2: No, I pick up the fridge and just.
Speaker 3: Because that's kind than what I was going to do a blender, it would kill him quicker.
Speaker 2: It would knock him out his head. Once he's out, he's dead.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I'm gonna just say all happens at the same time. I think, just because that's this confusion, Rick Plaid, you start, he's the fridge, crag starts shaking it.
Speaker 3: I think, starts firing into the fridge, just like.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm just saying if I had the choice between getting killed in the bowl that gets lit on fire or just a quick concussion and out.
Speaker 1: There is a reason why the guestrovia ark is taking so long. Because it takes you, guys, twenty minutes and discuss how you're going to kill a guy.
Speaker 5: So while I'm heating up the fridge, while Crag's shaking it, and while to turn to Crump and so.
Speaker 3: Crumb, how are you fighting the crow?
Speaker 1: I am he's lying on a hasher of how but he's like, did Rick Plan says something to Vina. I still feel quite ill.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't focus on what's happening right now. Right I'm trying not to. Well, it seems to have made some type of CONGI.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well it's the greatest. So I opened the fridge after all of our he's bashed.
Speaker 1: He's cooked. Okay, his mask is broken. So he was just a child now kidding.
Speaker 2: The entire time.
Speaker 1: And yeah, he comes full of bullet holes, smashed and bird. He drops down to.
Speaker 4: The I'm going to assume he lost consciousness before all that happened, so he went, we can only hope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, at least I got my fridge back.
Speaker 3: So I'd like to lint the body.
Speaker 2: You go do that. I'm gonna go grab some stuff.
Speaker 1: You you loot the body, and it's it's so he's got his robe on him and he sort of take the rope. A lot of is cooked he's just cooked. He doesn't have a lot of personal possessions on him, you know, because he's quite you know, shared possessions.
Speaker 3: Kind of guy.
Speaker 1: But he does have a Oh god, I forgot that star chart. He has a star chart on him.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, we had a ship that's could be useful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, remember when we had a ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good time.
Speaker 3: I miss her.
Speaker 2: She had a name, didn't she sassy?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You take the star chart. It doesn't have any writing on it, so you could just assume that he knew where it went to. He didn't need to label it, so it doesn't it's just you can put it down and unlabeled star chart.
Speaker 3: Put that in my old pocket, adds problem sigma.
Speaker 1: Yes, second, are you wait, noble captain? You need somebody to put that in a pocket? Right, Yes, we see. It cannot be your first choice for that. I have pockets are plenty, big pocket, small pockets. I even have a pocket here that says for unnamed star charts. Specifically, he needs some not just someone who has empty pockets. He needs someone who will not then resell the ab them. I won't resell it, and if I do, I'll buy a better one for half the price, so you'll still you make up profit.
Speaker 3: It's like an investment, don't you understand. Nail down to pocket and whisper pocket.
Speaker 16: This psychically powerful being has followed us from planet to planet in an attempt to steal away crack. And now we have taken a powerful map. Someone much more powerful than him is going to come for this map and they're going to kill anyone who's carrying it.
Speaker 3: Sorry to give it. You're right, Sigma Sigma. I think you should have it. I don't want it anyway, it's.
Speaker 5: Worth I'd then like to walk over to Sigma Sigma. I've told Pockets some bullshit about this dangerous That's why he thinks it's a lightning world for other people hunting you.
Speaker 2: What an idiot?
Speaker 3: What stud cat? Very good Captain.
Speaker 5: That we're not telling him the truth, but I think that it's just much easier to manipulate him like this.
Speaker 3: I think it's for the best.
Speaker 16: Excellent, Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: All right, you can I walk over to Vina quickly.
Speaker 5: Navina, we don't need to whisper, but I don't want you to feel left out as part of this, and I appreciate the fact that you've looked after crumb.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you. I mean it's just feeling little under the weather.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: I saw stars that shouldn't exist.
Speaker 1: I saw blackness in a way that I could never even comprehend again, and I'm losing it so quickly in my mind.
Speaker 3: I'm just remembering the memories instead of the feeling. Is this You could touch it again? If you aren't, you're just gonna hook some like crack.
Speaker 2: Space space rock on my days.
Speaker 1: Okay, you guys can now short rest because you've got you could only do the long rest once twenty four hours, but you can short rest and get held back.
Speaker 2: I'm good. I didn't get hit at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then in the morning, your horses have all recharged somehow.
Speaker 2: They just like go sigma.
Speaker 1: Your horses are canonically lunar powered. That way, they can recharge at night to make them feel like actual is resting?
Speaker 2: Is that I just really yeah? Yeah, that's very good.
Speaker 3: So you're confirming that this planet has a moon? Yes it does.
Speaker 2: Is it made of cheese?
Speaker 1: It has three moons, first lunch and dinner, that's what they call which moon was this? But they come up at different times of night and in accordance to which moon was that then, so in the middle of the night it would be the lunch moon, the lunch moon. Okay, gotcha, you could there like visit.
Speaker 3: Just quickly as as you know, we're in the morning. We're about to settle up again. Is that riding? Can I can I tinker with the horses? I have tinkers tools.
Speaker 1: Give me what you try.
Speaker 6: I want them just to kind of just stop being weird us around, maybe get a little bit faster.
Speaker 2: Functions. Yeah, you know, like occasionally just booking us randomly and making strange not quite?
Speaker 3: Can I git you?
Speaker 11: Second?
Speaker 3: Do you hate me? Do you do you hate me?
Speaker 6: Is this?
Speaker 1: Are you good? No, let's come to one side for a second. What do you think you're doing? You're taking my weird horses away from me?
Speaker 3: I am this is gonna come.
Speaker 1: This is gonna come up with your post. This is this is gonna cover your post d D report that were to write up your player report.
Speaker 3: Are moving a level of whimsy? Yeah? Of course? Could you leave in the dramatic music when we arrived somewhere.
Speaker 1: Doing his horse?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: Are you doing everyone's horse?
Speaker 6: I can?
Speaker 3: I can do other people's horses. Just give me that role.
Speaker 2: I'm okay with mine. I like mine the way they are.
Speaker 3: Okay, tinkers tools. It's asking me for what attribute?
Speaker 1: Intelligence?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Intelligence?
Speaker 1: Okay seven seven? You make them worse.
Speaker 7: Oh, they start playing a dangerous game. They actually just start speaking to you now. Oh whoa, Oh you've given me a voice father, thank you. Ah. You know what.
Speaker 2: Actually, once I've fucked up my own house, I'm not going to touch anyone else's.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna up your own. I will live with the consequence of my actions.
Speaker 2: And I want to do one thing before we hit the road.
Speaker 1: We'll live together forever.
Speaker 3: Okay, Craig, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, So up until now, the fridge that I have, it's not turned on or anything. It's just a fridge, right, yeah, right, So I am going to use my new bar magic. I get two runs a fire rune and I picked a frost roun. This isn't part of the flavor of that, but I have If I inscribe the frost roun into the fridge on top of its normal effects, which is like movement, speed and sturdiness and stuff, will the fridge become an actual operable fridge?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I fuck it?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the fridge is now the fridge is now a nice thirty five degrees, which is the same for fahrenheit fahrenheit and whatever the fuck that is in britain Land. I don't know.
Speaker 3: It was Celsius a minute ago at the very end.
Speaker 4: But anyway, I'm gonna take a bunch of butter, like a big slab of butter from the pancakes, and I'm gonna store it in the fridge to maybe use later in any situation, like I don't know, grease or something toast. I'm thinking of it, yeah, toast or maybe like the grease spell something like that, if I need to use that. So I now have an operable fridge.
Speaker 3: It's not a grease spell. If you just take a chunk of budget and throw it at some grease.
Speaker 2: We could do it now.
Speaker 13: That does that does remind me? Can we check our food level? Oh it's been a couple of days.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah yeah, yeah, but we can forage as we go.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh oh you mean the food level. I thought you meant that.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, no, yeah, so last time you checked, I think you all three already.
Speaker 3: Zero it's crimis one crims definitely not zero crims. Okay, Crimbis one. You would be starving to death if it was.
Speaker 1: I think because you guys started on four when you entered, and you've gone down to three. Yeah, and I think that Rick plan crag Are on two Avena and Sigma on three.
Speaker 2: All right, Oh well I'm okay.
Speaker 3: Interesting. Interesting. Yeah, maybe it is to do with age. Wait, I never asked, Vina, I can assure you that I'm older than two.
Speaker 2: Oh my, oh my god, good joke.
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 3: I am nineteen.
Speaker 8: You're nineteen, Yes, you're you're so young. Well never no one ever routed it out so ferociously. Well, I have furtherest training since I was twelve.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was in university when I was when I was when I was in university when I was sixteen. By the way, I am, oh yeah, yeah, sorry. We were just talking about being young and doing accomplishments, and when I was younger, that was the only time I ever had accomplishments. I was, you know, a few food prodigy and thank you. Sorry sorry Sigma, you were saying how old you were.
Speaker 3: I wasn't, but I can if I'm asked. Yeah, yeah, hold, hold, I'm twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Pocket goes ah.
Speaker 2: Everyone know what I was oh.
Speaker 3: Me correct, buzzer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pocket.
Speaker 1: Anyway, yeah, no, pocket, Just I'm gonna telling you guys my ages.
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, buck off someone else? No, nobody asked you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, nobody asked you. Crumb just did exactly Nobody asked you. Oh that was a good one. You hadn't made That was good, right, Crumb? Right, I you know that was funny, Crumb goes, No, I don't get it. Is it because I'm it's an insult to me?
Speaker 6: It isn't.
Speaker 3: I think it was an insult to you.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean that's mostly funny.
Speaker 3: It's just wait, Crumb, how how old are you? Oh?
Speaker 7: Me?
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm I'm twenty one years old. I graduated you University when I was eighteen, with a PhD in food.
Speaker 3: It's actually genuinely very impressive.
Speaker 2: That makes sense. I graduated college after only six years.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wo, how are you crack twenty eight?
Speaker 3: Wow? Oh we're much closer in age than I thought. Rend rig Oh yeah, what about you? You man years?
Speaker 5: I believe I'm around thirty five, right right right.
Speaker 1: We've all been doing it in our own species years, so I don't. We cannot, we cannot contrast that we've got a time differently. Yeah, have to sort that all out.
Speaker 3: At some point, all of this information maybe entirely meaningless.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, crag might be like four hundred years old, like we're actually the exact Sam.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's uh, that's good.
Speaker 3: God, let's mount know.
Speaker 1: Okay, So nothing else eventful happens. Well, actually, Sigma Pocket will approach.
Speaker 3: You at some point. Are we on a horse back at this point?
Speaker 1: Yeah, a horseback. He comes up and the horse goes, Oh, a visitor approaches you, my lord.
Speaker 9: Oh pucket hella, I didn't know this use and your horse is so much smaller than mine.
Speaker 2: I I just wanted to.
Speaker 1: I wanted to come over and apologize for the way you did some cool stuff in that battle. And I wanted to, you know, just say I wanted to give you a gift.
Speaker 3: Oh god.
Speaker 1: He pulls out of his pocket just like it's a small it's a small cube, and he goes, just open this whenever you feel like it it's a it's a gift. It's it's it's it's a gift for me to you because I just feel like maybe you've gone underappreciated, and I.
Speaker 3: Know, you know, I just want to maybe this makes it up between us. Can I can I give an insight check here? You do not need to.
Speaker 2: You don't knock.
Speaker 1: He just don't, okay, and her away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I walk up to signal and so what's that thing?
Speaker 3: Oh, it's just some scrap I found.
Speaker 6: And once I know that pocket isn't looking, I'm just gonna sort of cast off into the to the side.
Speaker 1: It's against like a just blows up. Oh my god, and it's just like there's a giant sausage on fire in the distance.
Speaker 2: Now, wow, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 15: One of those turns round and he goes, I don't think that was gonna happen, Like, all right, I'm not even going to ask what you thought was going to happen.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna ride on.
Speaker 1: You obviously broke it. So eventually, you guys get to the edge of the soup sea. And as you arrive, right, you've gone, you know, you you exit Breakfast Hills a while ago. You know, you're just sort of in regular food areas. Yeah, until eventually you reach the soup sea and it's just like.
Speaker 2: A beach yea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this giant sea of soup it's like this brown liquid pulses and it's steaming as well.
Speaker 3: It's hot.
Speaker 2: Nice are they're like noodles floating around?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, a little bit of As you ride up to it, Crumb turns and he goes, ah. So the soup sea sanctum is uh in the sea we we like like it's it's above. We just have to we need a boat.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I've never been to an ocean before, but I just walk in the water and see what happens.
Speaker 1: Oh, well it's hot for one thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I'm good at that.
Speaker 3: You need be fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need to breathe, Like I don't know how I work, So we'll find out, you know.
Speaker 13: I mean, okay, I think we're going to come into a similar problem that we did with the maple syrup, to where the soup is not actually water.
Speaker 2: Therefore, like I can't breathe in itra ya YadA crag is never again, there's no oceans or lakes on his planet.
Speaker 1: Have you not been on a planet that has oceans or lakes or do you like know through your like education that you very clearly have that Ashcar cannot swim.
Speaker 2: I know I can't swim but do I need they can't go.
Speaker 1: Fully submerged underwater. They can kind of they can go through, but they can't get fully submerged underwater because then their cores will go out.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I would know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of the it's it's the equivalent of like a human like losing breath in a way, right, Like it doesn't happen immediately. It starts to fade and it goes out. So you can't like you can't do it underwater swimming for a long period of time there you will would not at least when a human comes back for air, they can kind of get air back quickly, but you would need a longer recovery time.
Speaker 17: Could I swim in like magma? Yes, okay, yeah, so that's different. That's okay, a cup of soup, Yeah, you can get a cup of soup.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you can get here's a question then, because the soup is hot, will that make a difference to this particular property of the ashkar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it's still in this situation.
Speaker 2: Yes, in this situation, now, I would say, yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Think it has to be specifically magma like it's it's it's still getting liquid.
Speaker 2: And can the sand on the beach be like oyster crackers to put in the soup?
Speaker 1: Sure? Yeah, yeah, you can get a color soup. It's this is where you will.
Speaker 2: I can't eat it though.
Speaker 1: It's really good actually, and it's like beef.
Speaker 2: But the thing is, can you eat it?
Speaker 3: You can eat it.
Speaker 1: He's a three.
Speaker 2: I can't ye.
Speaker 1: Near three minimum. It's kind of it is a beefy broth. But when you can taste mushrooms, you can taste onions, you can taste carrots, you can taste a variety of different things. Actually, as you start, you know, like Willy Wonka when she has the bubble gum and it just goes through all the flavors. Right, oh yeah, that's kind of what's happening with the soup. Right, you start getting through all the difference, and you get the tomato, when you get the all of the other soups, soup.
Speaker 9: I didn't think it was possible for something to have such a depth of flavor. This is truly the best thing I've ever tasted.
Speaker 3: And then.
Speaker 1: It's incredibly salty and like seawater, not safe for consumption. Tasty soup of the world. But it's not safe because option because it's like seawater, it's actual salt water.
Speaker 9: Oh okay, actually, you guys are not missing out on anything.
Speaker 2: Well okay, we need a boat, all right.
Speaker 1: Well I think that's the thing is it's got the taste of like a level five, but because of its like inedibleness, that brings it down to a level three. That makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah around here.
Speaker 3: Oh yo, you've gone with crafting a boat.
Speaker 1: I was going to rent one, not visibly, but you can walk along the shoreline and hope to stumble into one if you wanted to be a transports exactly right. Okay, so if you you will take a couple of hours, but as.
Speaker 3: You will say, you do it.
Speaker 6: I I really like the idea of us like on the seaside, slowly gay, you know, marching with you in a single ye, just because aspectically that's very cool.
Speaker 1: Looks really nice with the gravy soup.
Speaker 3: One. Yeah, so I like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's do that your horses going across. That's reflecting rent a boat to a town where the houses are made out of fish bones a bone city, fish.
Speaker 2: Bones, oh, fish bones okah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And there's a you know the big store that says fish exclamation mark, and there's that's that's sort of it.
Speaker 2: Any boats on the water.
Speaker 1: You do not see any boats on the water here per se, but you do see like the symbol of a boat underneath the fish, like you're like, you know, oh, like it would otherwise be a boating supply boats on the soup.
Speaker 3: So I think they sell the fish boats.
Speaker 2: Okay, they're gonna need a big one.
Speaker 3: For me, though sharp is selling fish.
Speaker 5: Chances are they are acting that fish somewhere, so they probably have contacts who have a boat, or they own a boat themselves. So we could either walk into that shop, introduce ourselves and ask if we can use their boat a safe passage, which would be a simple way, or we could walk in and all claim that we're actually fishermen in need of a boat. I don't know why would add the extra layer to it.
Speaker 4: I think he might, honestly, I think we could just walk in and just ask for a boat like normal customs.
Speaker 5: We should try that first, But we've got the fake fish, not a land kind of in the back pocket.
Speaker 1: None have money, by the way, excellent except for pocket has money.
Speaker 3: Money.
Speaker 1: You guys walk into the shop and as you walk in the stench or blood immediately hits you. You see bodies on the ground, ripped. You see what looks like maybe an old man hunched over the table where he would have sold goods in his living life, now dead. Oh god, a giant piece of rock sticking out of his back.
Speaker 13: Oh.
Speaker 4: I immediately immediately run out and run into another building and see if there's dead people in there too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Every building you now go into is full of full of dead people. Dead people. But it's also just like meat also around meat, like splattered meat on the walls.
Speaker 2: Oh man, they're sending us a message. Oh lord, this is mess.
Speaker 3: When you said when you said, there's a rock sticking out of his back, like, yeah, like a like a almost like an Ashkarian weapon?
Speaker 2: Is it one of my like, oh my goodness, all right, can I examine the.
Speaker 7: You know? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you you take it out of the old man? Yeah, and it's yeah, it's definitely. It's definitely a n Ashcar weapon, you can tell. Yeah, I mean it's like a javelin almost similar to yours.
Speaker 4: Ashcar weaponry is not meant to slaughter wholesale.
Speaker 1: It has a name carved into it and it says Wreck, other brother of Rack.
Speaker 2: Other brother of Rock and Rack.
Speaker 4: In my culture, In my culture, the brother's ranking is very important. Other brother is I don't know, it's higher up on the on the stronger than Rock or weaker than that.
Speaker 1: As you look around this village, then all of the people in it are dead and all of the modes are gone. But what's quite evident is obviously all of the supplies in these places are still here. It's not being ramsacked, like they haven't been completely looted.
Speaker 3: Okay, there is materials here.
Speaker 2: There's no honor in this.
Speaker 4: These people didn't even have the ability to fight back, Like are any of them holding weapons? Like they tried to fight back, maybe one or two, but they're not very like.
Speaker 2: It's very clearly a one sided slaughter kind of thing.
Speaker 1: One of them has like a rifle.
Speaker 3: And there's hardly any fish at all. Mm hmm. Is there like a shipyard where the boats would have been? Yeah?
Speaker 1: They yeah, yeah, I mean that's essentially what you're in in a way.
Speaker 3: Are there any ships in the boatyard?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, there's no ships left.
Speaker 2: All right, I start just assembling the houses to start making a boat.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, I suppose if they if they have if they have a shipyard, they have the Yeah, they have to have.
Speaker 2: Everything to start making boats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna need I need some good roles. If you guys are gonna who who?
Speaker 11: Who?
Speaker 3: Actually?
Speaker 5: Right now?
Speaker 4: I have an assortment of different tools. I have tools, glass blowing tools, cooks, utensils, painters supplies, and smith's tools. I don't have woodworking tools. I didn't build a pool smith.
Speaker 1: Wait, so wait did you say you had woodworking?
Speaker 2: I don't have working That's the one thing I don't. I we I have a thing I could do. I have tactical mind for that. I expend a level of second wind to push. I can add a one D ten to that. Well, do I think a sixteen might be able to make it?
Speaker 3: Inspiration for that as well? That tilS it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he did roll it before I asked him to. So I will allow you to do that because I assume that's what you would have done. Okay, So yes, all right, give me the detail, give me the D six or whatever it is, and six that's twelve, and then give me the D six rick plan two so that we get fourteen fourteen. So we have that warm number so the smithing of the metallic parts of this ship is at a fourteen level. Sick Vina Rick plan, what are you guys going to do in terms of crafting this.
Speaker 13: Vessel when it's done, I'm going to make a religion check to Chris in the boat. Okay, so it's not it's not even close to being done yet.
Speaker 3: We're jumping the the vino.
Speaker 2: We're not done yet. I haven't even finished the hall for god sake.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. He's just smithing metal at the moment, almost creating the parts. But he can't even he can't parts together. Probably, yeah.
Speaker 9: I mean you're from a watery world, right, could you? I don't know, help guide me. I you know, I can work with lumber, I can work with wood, but I don't. I don't know what I'm doing, what shape I'm making?
Speaker 3: You know, well, we don't.
Speaker 8: We don't use a lot of vehicles in we swim, so I'm not actually that knowledgeable and aquatic vehicle.
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, you know in my world we all walk, but I still have a car.
Speaker 2: What kind of car does?
Speaker 3: This is just true?
Speaker 8: I mean, I mean you do want it to be aerodynamic. I mean you don wanted to, you know, put the water. You want to shop much like swimming. You know, when when we swim, we we point out twars like.
Speaker 3: This pocket is.
Speaker 13: I'm kind of just going to describe it as how I would swim and like as a velinari would move in the water to try and like help you with the sub aerodynamics of this boat.
Speaker 1: You guys.
Speaker 4: Oh, sorry, Craig, I say, I have an idea because I'm like, I'm making stuff, but I'm like, I've never built a fucking ship before. I have no I'm gonna I'm a crazy idea. I'm going to go in the fucking ship building office and look for a fucking blueprint that can actually show me how to building really good.
Speaker 1: I do you like that you started making the ship first, So when do you find this blueprint? Somebody else will have to use it? Okay, So give me, Craig. You go in, give me a perception when you're doing that. Whilst that's happening, WHI that's happening, you hear an exploits a one?
Speaker 3: You got a one?
Speaker 1: So I loudly announced that you're going to find a blueprint. And you go into a room, yep, and you close your eyes.
Speaker 2: You've got a rutter cooler in Here is the second time you've rolled one. I got a zero last time. I'm doing better, you guys.
Speaker 1: Hear an explosion from outside, and as you turn to look, you see that pocket has blown up his horse. And he goes and he starts grabbing all the parts and he turns around. He goes, guys, this.
Speaker 3: Stuff is perfect from making a boat. What are you talking about.
Speaker 1: He's got all their gidgets and the gasmos and a tap. You know, you got word and steel, but you need you need this. And he's he brings and it's all you know. He's got like the motor and like the circuitry of the horse right, and he's like he hands it over and he's like, see, but we need more.
Speaker 3: Can I blow up your horse too? No, my horse speaks. I'm forming too much of a bond with it.
Speaker 9: All right, we're going to try and make the boat according to Navena's instructions. Because we have no blueprints, we have a lot of lumber. We have some strong men here who can work the lumber. So let's let's just get it started.
Speaker 6: I'm going to try and use the limit that they have one bed to form a ship ship hip ship that's kind of just gonna look like Navena swimming.
Speaker 1: I guess, is anyone for this blueprint or you're just going brow dog in it.
Speaker 3: I would like to head into from a Felinari.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fair enough, in some.
Speaker 5: Of the houses and see if I can find any small models of ships, because with it being a community built on a shore, give me chances are there's going to be like a little kind of nick knack or.
Speaker 1: A little thing that can give you give me a perception.
Speaker 2: You could do better than a one rick. You'll be fine.
Speaker 1: Ten is better than a one. You're looking around these houses and you, I mean, yeah, you find a ship. You find a ship in a bottle, but it's somehow sci fi just pretend. Okay, it's like it's it's it's a cool looking science fiction ship and the bottle is like from the future.
Speaker 5: I'd lad to walk out and go so ev Actually, what we're trying to build is this without the bottle and bigger.
Speaker 2: Alright, then, so.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's enough to give you advantage stigma, but I'll give you a plus one to your role.
Speaker 3: Okay, Navina, that doesn't look anything like what you described. No, it doesn't even perhaps, I mean it doesn't need to exactly.
Speaker 5: That's all we're trying to do is effectively follow the principles of buoyancy and the displacement.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm gonna give you two roles here, Navina. You give me your sort of knowledge of ship roll, which I think is just going to be an intelligence for you. Nvena. Yeah, and if that is above a threshold, it will give Sigma advantage. If it's not, he will just have to roar doc the role. So Navina, give it to me. Nineteen right to swim, Sigma, you have advantage on this roll for creating the ship.
Speaker 3: And do you have a plus one?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: And it will be complimented by fourteen Yeah, give me that tickets Tiky tools twenty four. It's a critic and a plus one, So that's a twenty five. So with rick plans little thing, and with no Vena's big information, and with Crag helping you out with melting down meadow and parts, and you know what, with with some of Pocket's dead horse, you managed to craft a.
Speaker 3: Ship a vessel. It looks beautiful.
Speaker 1: You can describe it.
Speaker 3: For me, and then my little thing finally helped.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I tried to paint it.
Speaker 1: So then Crag gets a four foot painter the supplies, and then the Vena you tried to bless it, and God the Vina you tried to bless it and got a five. So I think you maybe you're two stunned.
Speaker 2: This is kind of a shitty looking ship. Yeah, you know, you know when people like Chris and Both with like a bottle of champagne. She goes to do that and just like punches a hole in the hole.
Speaker 4: I go to paint it and there's only half a bucket of like beige and that's all I got, and so it barely covers the ship.
Speaker 1: All right, And okay, because this is a vehicle in eon veil, Pocket adds the final extra detail. As the ship goes, I am ready to set sail.
Speaker 3: All right there, now we're in your gimarsh consciousness. Yeah, well, that's unfortunately the laws of this universe.
Speaker 2: Everything must talk.
Speaker 3: It doesn't work properly if you don't. Because it's made out of old wood. The wood had to be imported.
Speaker 1: They don't grow normal trees here, so it's from fucking hundreds of years ago on some other planet.
Speaker 3: Where is this Where is this ai even coming from?
Speaker 1: Just from all around us? I guess yes, and all the ship it's it's built into its systems. You know, it's part of the circuitry of the horse that I put in.
Speaker 6: You know what.
Speaker 2: It might not be the prettiest boat ever, but it's ours and we built it with friendship.
Speaker 3: Actually was a pretty good looking before you splash it with paint. I will say, I like it. I've always want to paint there. And now you I was gonna say, see worthy? Are you soup worthy?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: That's what I've been designed for?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 3: In that case, I say we all get on board the Friendship.
Speaker 1: You will board the Friendship horse and you could bring a horse. Does anyone else bringing their horse?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: Bring my horse? No?
Speaker 3: Okay, nobody else is bringing their horse?
Speaker 4: And was there at any point was there any dead body that had like some kind of pirate hat, not even a pirate hat, but like some kind of like hat.
Speaker 3: Sorry that okay, crack. Give me a perception.
Speaker 1: You need a five Give me a perception needs.
Speaker 3: A five rustage?
Speaker 2: What are you doing to me?
Speaker 1: Give it to me right now? Yes, there is a pirate hat.
Speaker 4: Yea, I'm still wearing the like bow tie from the wedding and I still have that, so now I put on the pirate.
Speaker 2: But surely we're getting there.
Speaker 3: Say out.
Speaker 1: Into the sea and you're you're moving through the waters of the soup.
Speaker 6: Mhm.
Speaker 1: See noodles floating in the distance, and you see one more thing in the distance. After you've been traveling for maybe like a few hours, five or six hours in the distance. Now you see a battle happening. You see another ship with an ash car on the back and his army of meat men. Because now we have meat men, and he's throwing explore elusive meat grenades out at what looks that why there was meat everywhere?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it always sense.
Speaker 2: Now it's makes sense.
Speaker 6: At a.
Speaker 1: A tar with yet glowing yellow rings on his body, soft features for a tar actually surprisingly, but he's riding on the back of a giant soup dumpling monster. Oh my noodle like appendages. It roars, it's got a meat man in one of its noodles. It like eats it. Don't tell my dad, And that feels like the to be continued moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, so it's an ashcar throwing meat grenades, fighting a bunch of people on top of a dumpling monster.
Speaker 3: Yeah, guys, don't you love Gastrovia? Incredible usage. This is just the beginning of Spacelet's.
Speaker 4: Give me all of space, Pirates, this could be all, this could be. We give get sixty episodes out of this place, easy.
Speaker 13: Honestly, I don't. I don't know how you're gonna top it. Honestly, I think you've shut yourself on the foot. I think you start with your best foot for post Kastrovia. The series is gonna get so serious.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be like.
Speaker 3: Tone Shift fun Season two.
Speaker 1: Dark light crept into the cave by degrees, faint and unwelcome. It found Sweet's face eventually and pried his eyes open. For a moment, he didn't remember where he was. Then the ache in his side reminded him. Mok sat near the mouth of the cave, back to him, broad shoulders outlined against the morning glare. The liking was still almost carved from stone, staring out at the wasteland beyond on watch mos. Sweet croaked, pushing himself up on one elbow. Mox turned his head slightly. He did not look tired, but even a little. You're wake, he said, voice flat and practical.
Speaker 3: Good, we can move.
Speaker 1: Sweet dragged himself upright, wincing.
Speaker 3: Were you sitting there all night?
Speaker 1: Did you sleep? Moks ignored his questions. He stood instead, brushing dust from his trousers, and faced them fully. They held each other's gaze for a long moment, captor and captive, though something about it felt less certain than before it was. Then Sweet noticed the absence, the weight at his throat gone. His hands flew up instinctively. Nothing, no cold metal, no cruel band pressing against his skin. He blinked, heart stuttering. He must have shattered in the crash, and he'd been too consumed by pain to notice a collar, he said, stating the obvious it's gone. Relief should have flooded him. Then it didn't, not properly. Yes, there was a lightness there, anyone would feel it, freed from the promise of sudden death. But beneath there was something stranger, discomfort, as if a structure he'd leaned against had quietly been removed. When he'd been a night, there'd always been rules, orders, boundaries. The collar wasn't much diday. It limited his choices do as told or die simple. But he had left the kingdom to escape chains, so why did their absence feel unsteady? Was he an idiot? Mox grunted, not a big dealer. There was a dud anyway. What Mox reached into his pocket and poured out the remote. He crushed it casually in his paw. When he opened his hand, only bent scrap metal remained, No wiring, no mechanism, nothing that even held power. There was never a bomb, he said, I just strapped some metal around your throat in tolds you otherwise. Sweet stared at him. Of course, of course there hadn't been a bomb. They barely had basic supplies. Why would they waste advanced explosives and one reluctant night. If we had that kind of teck, Mox went on, they wouldn't be stabbing it to you. We were barely getting by, and I'll just have bomb collars lying around. Sweet felt heat rise in his face. He'd never questioned it, never considered another possibility. He simply believed maybe he was stupid naive. At least the Lichen gave him a small, solid punch on the shoulder, almost friendly.
Speaker 3: Ey, don't look so crushed, Sir Knight, he.
Speaker 1: Said, allowing himself the faintest smile. You'll learn the right words at the right moment are often stronger than bombs. As if someoneed by the thought. An explosion thundered somewhere outside. The sound rolled across the rocks, followed by a scream that cut off far too quickly. A dismembered arm arked past the cave entrance, spinning lazily through the air, a ribbon of blood trailing behind it. Both of them watched it land somewhere out of sight. Moxs tilted his head, but he added mildly, sometimes bombs can be pretty effective too. Let's get going, and he started towards the exit, but Sweet kept staring at the mouth of the cave.
Speaker 3: He could leave.
Speaker 1: There was nothing physically stopping him now, no collar, no chains, just opened ground and the faint promise of freedom. He could run, carefully, of course, avoid the land mines step where Moks had stepped. Try not to think about what would happen if he guessed wrong. He had no oath binding him, no king, no command, no reason to follow this man into a fight that wasn't his. MOK stopped a few paces away. He didn't turn at first, just stood there, like he'd heard something shift behind him. Then he looked back, his expression softening slightly. Look sweet, he sighed, You might think I'm heartless, fair enough a faint shrug. It is some truth to that, But I am doing what needs doing. He gestured vaguely towards the horizon. These war lords, they built this mess. They are architects of an oppressive system that has remained unchecked for far too long. His gaze sharpened. How many people have you seen sulfur because the law said they had to? How many did you walk past because it wasn't your place? Sweet didn't answer, I've heard that Kaiser nails people up and giant bars of chocolate until they bleed out. That was true, Sweet had helped, even he had told himself they were criminals at the time, monsters, the worst of the worst. That justice was supposed to look unpleasant. But when he searched his memory for their faces, he didn't find monsters. He found fear. The Twizzler had done worse, The Dukes had done worse. They had received titles for it. Wasn't that why he left? If you can believe it, Mok said quietly, Spork is worse. For a moment, his eyes went distant, then he blinked it away.
Speaker 3: Me and you. We can't fix everything, but we can fix one thing.
Speaker 1: He stepped closer. I'm not asking you to fight a war. I just need Spork dead. If you can help me do that, I can guarantee your safety. I can get you off this planet and you can go somewhere where you can decide what kind of man you want to be by yourself. Sweet swallowed. He had always imagined standing against injustice. In quiet moments, he pictured himself defying orders, choosing what was right over what was commanded. But when the moment had come after the Twizzler's death, he'd walked away instead, told himself he was choosing freedom. Freedom had lasted less than a day before it nearly killed him. Out there alone, he'd been prey. If Mox hadn't found him, someone else would have, someone less talkative. Realistically, this was the best option in front of him. He gave a small nod. Mox flushed his teeth right follow me. They left the cave. After that, the morning air felt sharper now, the land darker than yesterday. Scarred by soot and old fire. Mos moved first, picking a path with the same careful precision, nose testing the wind, eyes scanning the ground. Sweet followed in his steps, slower but steadier than before, the metal in his side pulling uncomfortably with each stride. After a time, when the silence grew too loud, he spoke up, you, Ah, you mentioned you had a plan. Mox didn't look back. I did, and he pressed, it would be chiefly reassuring to know the sort of shape of it. Mocks grunted. When I worked for Spork, he built things I gathered During the day, he went on. I did whatever he needed, weapons, vehicles, reinforcements, fixed what he broke, helped him break more. His tone was flat, practical, no pride in it or no apology either. The crested a ridge of black and stone. Steam hissed somewhere in the distance. But the night he continued, when everyone else was asleep. I dug, Sweet frowned. You dug Tunnels, He clarified all across his territory. Supply roots, he thought, emergency passages. He led the idea of having hidden ways to move his explosives around. A pause, he didn't know. I kept digging after the blueprints were done, didn't know how far they went. The wind shifted moks adjusted their course slightly. I spent years doing his dirty work in the daylight, he said, buying time, learning weak points, planning for the day I'd kneed away in. They walked in silence for a few more paces before mox jerked his chin towards a distant stretch of jagged rock, one of the entrances his utdad way still a fair distance. His lips curled faintly. Was hoping we'd drive there, to be honest. Sweet glanced back at the smoking wreckage, barely visible on the horizon, but unfortunately there had options off the table. They reached the rock near midday. It didn't look like much, just another slab of blackened stone justing from the scorched earth. Moxs approached it without hesitation, wenced his clawed fingers into a narrow seam and heaved The rocks shifted with a grinding scrape, pivoting just enough to reveal a dark opening beneath A ladder descended into it, metal rungs disappearing into shadow. He swung himself down with practice ease follow Sweet swallowed and climbed down after him. The rocks slid back at a place above with a dull thud. Sealing them in. The Darkness was immediate and absolute. He closed in from every side, heavy and suffocating, as if the earth itself had swallowed them whole. The only relief came from the faint, pink glow that seeped from sweet skin, A soft shimmer that crawled along the tunnel walls and caught against the rough stone. It wasn't much, but it was just enough to sketch the thin path ahead. It's very dark, he observed, trying not to sound unsettled. Mox's voice came from somewhere ahead. Ah, yeah, they forgot to add lights. Sweet blinked, you've forgot. I was busy. Sweet frowned into the gloom. That was odd. Digging miles of tunnel without light seemed impractical. He opened his mouth to ask how exactly that worked, when suddenly Mocks's hand closed around his. The grip was firm. Just follow my lead, the lichen, said. Sweet's heart gave an unexpected skip at the contact, a sharp, embarrassing flutter. He hoped the darkness concealed. He tightened his hold, without meaning to enforce his breathing steady. They moved forwards together, boots scraping softly against packed earth. The tunnel swallowed sounds, swallowed distance. After what felt like a long while, Sweet cleared his throat. How long will this take?
Speaker 3: Half a day?
Speaker 1: Mox replied half. Sweet stumbled slightly on foot. That's genuinely of Dunnell's work. Sweet side, that is considerably longer than I had expected. Moth huffed something that might have been a laugh. I mean, we can share stories if you like, sing a song or two, really make a journey of it. He clearly meant it as a joke, but the idea settled in Sweet's mind all the same. He realized as they walked that he knew nothing about Mox beyond violence and survival, nothing that belonged to the man outside of the moment they were trapped in. I mean that would be nice, he found himself, saying earnestly. Mox went quiet for a second. You serious, I find conversation between allies does wonderus for moral Sweet said, a small smile, touching his face. Tacy and I used to speak for hours whilst on guard duty. He glanced towards Mox's silhouette in the dark. And if we are to fight side by side, he added gently, I would very much like to know more about the man fighting beside me in the darkness. Mok muttered something under his breath, but he didn't let go of Sweet's hand. Fine, he said, what do you want to know