Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome to Pink Shade.
Speaker 2: It's Thursday. That means it's Pop and Bravo Thursday. I've got my friend here. It's the beautiful Kate Casey Hillory. Hey, we're doing this episode a day before, but it's going to come out on September eleventh. And yeah, September eleventh. I lived in DC at the time. Yeah, i'd been married less than a year. No, I lived I lived in Virginia Beach, but I just moved from there. But I had several friends that were there. One that was a first responder at the Pentagon, and then my sister was in World Trade Center seven, which is the Umbrella building, so that one was partly destroyed. So and then I was married at the time to somebody in the military who was on deployment in a military town.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have many connections to nine to eleven. It's a subject i'm deeply still fascinated by.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too, just because you know my story is I was maybe if you've been listening for a long time, you've heard it. I just was driving to work and went right by the Pentagon, maybe less than twenty minutes, right where it got hit. So when I to the city or I was going, well, I was going from Alexandria to Arlington. So I was still just like on the roundabouts of Virginia there and like heading towards the fourteenth Street bridge right got it, yea by the Pentagon that you have to veer off, and then you go into Arlington that way. The office was right there on the water right by the Key Bridge going over into Georgetown, That's where the office was. And so I'm just driving. And then I was listening to Elliott in the morning. It was just still a show on DC whe I won, and he had been.
Speaker 1: Folds ben Folds five.
Speaker 3: Oh I love that band.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love ben Folds, And so he was on and he was literally singing a song and Elliott interrupted him, was like, hey, I don't want to interrupt you, man, but like some terrible news just happened. And it was the whole the World Trade Center, you know, those buildings have been hit. Oh, it's so crazy, And the interrupted been Folds while he was singing. I remember thinking like, whoa, We're not going to do that. I remember thinking like wow, I get to my office park in the garage, go up and all the TVs you know, of course, are all on CNBC and blah blah.
Speaker 1: Blah, and it's.
Speaker 2: The ball starts rolling now maybe within twenty thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: The head of the firm came on on.
Speaker 2: The last speakers. Everybody, get out, get only your personal belongings. Don't worry about your computers. Everybody, just get out of the building. Because we were I mean, you could see the Pentagon on fire from our building. So of course where our building was right there on the water across you know, from Georgetown, we're right there on that on the flight path, So I mean, helicopters would fly by the window and you'd be like, holy shit, like you always saw they were going to come right in. So we all just left. And but then I couldn't go home the correct way that I normally go home, and I'm so bad with directions. There's no GPS or anything then, so I ended up routing myself back into DC. Couldn't get like I was like, I just need to get to like three ninety five, four ninety five, the GW Parkway is something to get back to Alexandria. And I couldn't figure it out, and you couldn't call anybody. I mean, it was the only call that got through was my boss to be like hey, Like I was on the metro and like I heard that, like the you know, but I've got an appointment and so you and I go, you're not going to your appointment, like something terrible has happened. He's like, well, you need to call over to you know, uh Sterling Brown and Rubble to tell them I'm not coming. I'm like, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 1: I remember. I was like I'm not no.
Speaker 2: And then I couldn't get another call cut, you know, from anybody, for hours, and got home and like did my computer and like emailed my family. Dave's mom. Her story was that she she was in Oklahoma. She was working in the yard, and she just left the house and went to get her haircut. And when she was getting your haircut, somebody said, oh my god, your son lives in DC. Is he okay? And she goes, yeah, why it had been hours. She didn't know anything. Oh wow, because she'd just been in the yard and they'd got in her car and like she never it's just not the twenty four hour news cycle. I mean, it was a twenty four hour news cycle then but we weren't so attuned to it now then as we are now.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So for everybody out there, you know, whether you're personally infected by or not, you know, all of us have stories.
Speaker 1: Even if you're like in the.
Speaker 2: Middle of the country and nothing. You know, everybody has a story. Everybody knows somebody.
Speaker 3: It was such a.
Speaker 2: Such a terrible thing, such a terrible thing. I remember Dave when I I started washing the cars. Once we both got home, What are you doing? He's like, what else am I going to do? Sit here and watch TV. I was like, yeah, that's what I'm doing.
Speaker 3: It was just like in a fog. At my house. Ever since my kids were born, we go to the fire and the police station and we bring them donuts or bagels with cars.
Speaker 1: You can do that. You're you gonna do that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we always do that. And I'm rerunning tomorrow in my episode in interview with Alison Crother, she's the mother of Wells Brother, and I tell the story of Wells Brother, who was a young guy actually just a few years out of college. You went to Boston College. He was a little cross team and he took a job in finance and he worked in one of the one of the firms in the South Tower, and so long story short, Alison Crother's son does not come home after September eleventh, works in one of the buildings, and she tells the story. About six months later, she's reading the newspaper of an account of the South Tower, and she screams out to her husband, I found Wells. Well Wells's father had been a fireman, and he had taught him since he was a young boy to carry two handkerchiefs in his back pocket, a red one and a white one. And after the attacks, he had put a red bandana around his mouth and had been going up and down the South Tower to get people like out, and he was They found his body months months later when he was with all the firemen at the bottom of the building. And so in the when she's reading the article, it's all these people that have this recollection of this man with a red bandana, And so they made a documentary about it, and there's a children's book that people come buy to. It's like a must have a few of kids. It's a great story of heroism. And anyway, so I interviewed her a couple of twenty twenty, and what I found what was interesting was her going through how in a few days before September eleventh, Wills was feeling very melancholy and she found him in the living room and he was looking at his old photo of like his I guess his college picture or high school picture, and he was kind of looking at it, and she's like, what are you doing? And he said, I just don't think I want to work in finance anymore. I think I want to be a firefighter. And then he would just sort of pause, and I'm forgetting the exact phrasing, but something along the lines of I just feel like something's going to happen in my life and it's going to be really big, and I'm going to find my purpose or something along those lines.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: And then September eleventh happens. She keeps calling, she can't get through, and I think it was after she read that article. Maybe she says she talks about going into the bathroom and there was like a gold plate thing over the toilet paper, and she just sits in the bathroom and for whatever is she starts counting, for whatever reason, just to kind of calm herself. And when she got to this specific number, which happened to be the same number his lacrosse jersey. The gold thing on top of the toilet paper popped off, and she was like, that has to be him. Also, h she felt a sense of doom. It was like that morning or maybe the day before, she just had this horrible feeling of doom. So it's just like just going through all the premonitions and the things in retrospect and also his legacy. So at Boston College they have a special event for him every year, and he's just become this like mythical figure almost but a young man who had realized that maybe he hadn't been in the right vocation.
Speaker 1: Yeah and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, that straight really stays with me. So I like found his mom and I interviewed her and it was very meaningful. So I replayed that one.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that'll be out on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but if somebody is listening to this and they're like, I just want to kind of take a moment and go back and kind of think about those victims. One thing I can recommend is I ended up interviewing the author. It's an excellent book. It's called but the Only Plane in the Sky, The Oral History of nine to eleven. It's by Gareth Graf Grff and the book goes through beginning from the beginning of the day, and it's just an oral history of people that were involved in nine to eleven, everybody from investigations to family members. And they include a lot of the transcripts of the people that called from the planes or on voicemails. And so I think for younger people they're kind of like, why is this such a big deal. It's a big deal because a couple of things. The way that we saw ourselves and our own safety totally changed totally. And another thing is like the rest of the world was completely on our side, like with us standing in grief. You saw memorials all across the entire globe. And it was this weird moment in time where for a couple of days is everyone was quiet and and and thoughtful about their neighbor and we were all coming together for a collective movement. And I just I can't imagine young people now even imagining that because of the way that we are all now in this very divisive spot in our in our world, in our time. But that was really and like a moment in time where everyone was just so shocked and saddened and felt unmoored.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: It was the whole country and in other countries as well.
Speaker 1: You just felt unity.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know where we lived, right in Old Town, right, not too far from the airport at all. At the time. You know, there were no planes for months. Our neighborhood was so quiet and there was no boats and there was no We lived right about the train would it go right through Old Town?
Speaker 1: No sounds? It was so quiet.
Speaker 2: It was so quiet, and so that's it was eerie. Yeah, it was eerie for a long time. But but you're right, our sense of just walking through the airport or whatnot, all of that changed. And it's interesting you're saying all this, because I'm like, no, I'll never read that book, you know what I mean, Like, I just I don't need to.
Speaker 1: I lived it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I think you'd be surprised how much you would really enjoy it.
Speaker 2: No, Okay, I know myself well enough, like when I stopped really watching the news after Sadie Hook, you know, because I had a kid that age. I just know myself enough to know that I get and because of the nine to eleven stuff, because I you know, like a lot of us lived it. I don't I don't want to read a book about it because I just know that it's not.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean. Right. My sister who was in World Trade Center seven, she can't handle anything, and she's only talked to I think maybe two or three of us in her time since then about what she saw that day, yeah, and what she went through. She can't go back there. She also lives in a town now when you she lived in the city at the time where there were a lot of families that I loved ones in fact, so weird. My niece is working at Fox Sports and she's got a coworker and she said, oh, you know, his step father died on nine to eleven. Of course my heart broke and he never met him because his mom found out she was pregnant a week after he died.
Speaker 2: A lot of stories like that, yeah, a lot of stories like that. And so I think that for me, I can't.
Speaker 1: Read this book.
Speaker 2: I think it's very interesting what you're saying about younger people not getting it, and you're right, like they.
Speaker 3: Don't really know the details of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they don't know the details, and they don't and they a lot of kids, and I'm just speaking for the ones I know are all about the conspiracy theory about it didn't happen or you know, I'm like, well, I watched it on the news for weeks and weeks and weeks, and it sure shit happened. And I surely knew people that walked by and saw dead bodies on the street, so it definitely happened.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I think it was what our parents felt about case assassination in Martin Luther King's assassination. It's it is. It's a moment in time where you you're terrified that hope is lost.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and uh yeah it was.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's so interesting because you don't think about how my kids don't know that you just be You've been able to walk into the airport just go on your plane, do you know what I mean? Like you just check in and get your ticket and walk to your gate. There was none of this metal detectors and take your shoes off and that, you know all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I actually follow two different nine to eleven accounts, and every day I it's like someone who died's birthday. Yeah, And they do a wonderful job of kind of giving the history of that person. And then sometimes I find myself because I'm myself chasing who that person was, like I want to find out more. And there have been people that my sister has said, oh, so and so from town and they lost someone in nine to eleven. I'm like, oh, I know who that person is because I I read about them once.
Speaker 2: Y'all, do you find it impossible to know what your body really needs? Does your gut feel off and your energy low? If so, I am you and you are me. But let me tell you I've started using Cowboy colostrum. Most customers say that the gut health benefits are the first thing they notice when they use Cowboy colostrum. And for me, oh my gosh, less bloating, better digestion, and I just felt better overall.
Speaker 1: I can't explain it. My digestion is better and I just feel better overall. And for those of you athletic types not me.
Speaker 2: Athletes love it for recovery and performance thanks to its natural growth factors and amino acids. And I've been having my husband use it as well. Now, if you don't know what Colostrum is okay. It's the first milk mammals produce after giving birth. It's not like a regular milk. It's a cool milk. It's thicker, richer, and packed with hundreds of bioactive ingredients that help support immunity, gut health, hair, skin, nails, and athletic performance. Think of it as nature's original multi vitamin, designed by biology, not a lab.
Speaker 1: It's so easy.
Speaker 2: You just mix one scoop of the powder and stirred into coffee milk SMOOTHI as you name it. I put the vanilla flavored powdery in my coffee every morning. Easy, breezy, and unlike other colostrum brands, Cowboy Colostrum is never diluded, never spray dried, and it's hormone free, allergen free, grass fed, and third party tested. For a limited time, our listeners are getting twenty.
Speaker 1: Percent off their entire order.
Speaker 2: Just head to Cowboycolostrum dot com and use code pink shade at checkout.
Speaker 1: That's twenty percent off we need.
Speaker 2: Use code pink shade at Cowboycolostrum dot com. After you purchase, they will ask you where you heard about them. Please support our show and say Pink Shade sent you, Kate, do you have a photographic memory?
Speaker 3: How do yeah?
Speaker 1: You actually do?
Speaker 2: I do yeah, Because some of the things that you come up with, I'm like, how on earth do you pull that out? Like it's something that you remember from like ten years ago, and do you remember sovividly? I'm like, how would you remember that so vividly?
Speaker 3: I know. My friend Gina always laughs because she's like, we hadn't talked for a little while, and you were like, remember when you were when you were in elementary school and you can never listen to the sound of music to the part of adel Weis because that was the song your grandmother used to sing to you when you were a baby. She's like, you are so weird, and I just can't. I can't turn it. I just cannot turn it off. I can't turn it off, and I don't. But I've said this before. I don't know if I've said this to you, but it memory, my specific one is called superior recall. And I was told by a professor who works at the Memory Center at a University of California orr VIE that it's often hereditary. There's no correlation to intellect. It's just sort of sort of like there's this area of your brain which is like there's a bigger space, but it's yeah, hereditary, and it shows up in different generations in a different way. So my grandmother, my dad's mother, was a musician and she could see a sheet of music and then remember it forever. And then my dad can remember stuff about history, like if you could ask him like when did Mary, Queen of Scott's die or what he and he can tell you the exact date. Mine is like specific details about people. Trust me, I wish it was like for numbers or something. It's just like details about people, and so I'm always kind of paying attention. I think two of my kids have good memories, but I don't know if they have it. But my mom also has. On my other side, my mom is a really good memory too, But it's just something you have or you don't.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 3: People often will say like you're like Mary Lou Henter, she has she can remember every single day of her life. Yeah, I can't. I don't have that. I think they are only I thought that I read somewhere figure maybe like forty five people in the country that have that specific thing.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. My my friend Mary has a crazy memory of dates, and you can. I will ask her sometimes, I'm like, how old is my nephew Thompson?
Speaker 1: Like, is he thirty? Is he thirty two? She'll well, okay, well.
Speaker 2: Sanford was born in nineteen ninety one, and so that was two years later. So he was born in ninety three, and so he was born on like what June fifth? And I'm like, so, like, she will know the birthdays of all my nieces and nephews, like having heard it once.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: So she have kids? Do her kids have that too? Do you not? Probably in a different way, I'll ask.
Speaker 2: Her her one daughter got her master's recently at UVA, and then her other daughter plays lacrosse at Dennison.
Speaker 1: Oh that's great, so I'll have to ask her. She's coming here tomorrow. I'm at the beach again. Everybody, and.
Speaker 2: Well, that's really interesting. Every time I talk to you, I'm like, how do you remember? I think the same about Mary. She'll say, no, no, no, no, that didn't happen because in nineteen seventy four this happened, and you were born in sixty eight, so you definitely done, Dada. You will only six, and I'm like, no, I remember it. I watched that movie shows there's no way you watched that movie because blah blah.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, you don't know. My parents will watch anything.
Speaker 3: They didn't care I think even know you. And then you say that way, it's probably why I there's some like docs that I really like find my like a vichy. I'm not a music person. I don't really care about it, but I feel like he had. I refer to it as like a little like a mad genius. It's like it doesn't make any sense, but it's someone's specific thing. Yeah, And I feel like he had that, like anybody that has like something that's just so bizarre, but it's like different. I kind of feel like I I'm really into.
Speaker 1: Well, it's sort of like.
Speaker 2: Eddie Vedder, Billie Eilish, John Mayer all have that synesthesia.
Speaker 1: Or whatever it is. Yeah, they hear.
Speaker 2: Music as John Mayer hears music as shapes and colors, and Eddie Vedder has said mostly his shapes, and Billie Eilish says she really like when she sees a person, she'll be like.
Speaker 1: Oh, brown square, you know, but her dad has it too.
Speaker 2: But it's a little bit different, but I remember her. I mean I've heard her talk about it a lot. But one time she said on Jimmy Kimmel and he goes, well, what am I?
Speaker 1: And no, sorry, Jimmy Fallon. He goes what.
Speaker 2: She goes, No, you're you know you're yellow circle and he goes why she goes, I don't know. That's when I think of you. I think yellow circle. My dad said brown square. So I don't know, you know, but it's when they hear music. So John Mayer always looks so orgasmic all the time because he closes his eyes and all he sees his colors and shapes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think he has an album called Shapes and Colors, Colors and Shapes.
Speaker 2: But anyway, he realized it when he was young, and Eddie Vedder has said he has that too. He closed his eyes and the music all just appears to him in shapes in his brain.
Speaker 3: Well, like Jonathan Mark is like really close to me, and he's a medium. It's like that's another thing. It's like it's just the it is what it is, like, that's he grew.
Speaker 2: Up with that, he has that he has a Yeah, it's icy dead people that's a good movie. If nobody ever saw that, it's a great movie.
Speaker 3: You know. He also made The Village. That was a good one too.
Speaker 2: I saw The Village m Night Shamalan and he made another movie that scared the shit out of me. I can't remember what it was then that was. That was back when I probably watched scary movies. I don't watch them anymore.
Speaker 3: I know it's hard to watch scary movies. All of his movies are made in the Philadelphia area. God bless God, Buss.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you, shout out Philly. Well, we're not here to talk about any of that now. First of all, we have to announce everybody. Kate and I have a side project. I'm gonna make a little note here. We have a side project coming out together, and it's gonna be we've semi fleshed it out, but it is coming out next month.
Speaker 1: So when Ingery is back in town, we'll have it fully done.
Speaker 2: But it's gonna be called tell Me Everything with Kate and Mary Payne, because I'll call Kate and I'll go, let me tell you this.
Speaker 1: She'll go tell me everything.
Speaker 2: Or she called me yesterday and she said, oh my god, let me tell you about this thing in my neighborhood. I'm like, tell me, tell me, tell me everything.
Speaker 3: So, oh, that was the mom, the mom that got arrested.
Speaker 1: Your that was your story. That was good.
Speaker 2: So when my sister was recently in town and my other friend we sat around and kind of talked about a lot of these stories. I was like, oh my god, I've got like six stories I could tell Kate already. The first one I've been fleshing out because I am changing the names and the places and you know, and nobody's going to go and look these people up or anything. But I wouldn't want anybody to get their feelings hurt. But some of the stories and that you haven't heard them, that's the point. I'm going to tell you a story that you don't know, and you're going to tell me a story I don't know. And it could be from the news and the way I came up.
Speaker 1: With this idea.
Speaker 2: Kate did a show on her Patreon where she just talked about, No, you haven't told me that one. No, this was about the r Gina guy who owned the bowling.
Speaker 3: Oh that's right, so written here and.
Speaker 2: I heard you tell that story on your Patreon, and I go, oh my god, I just want Kate to tell me stories I don't know, and I also don't want to have to research it and read a twenty page Vanity far artle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because there are crazy people, and you're a crazy person at times too, where you just like rabbit hole it and I you have somebny that's done the rabbit hole for me.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, And so this is going to be on both of our Patreon feeds, whatever, Patrions, super gass, Apple, you know all the places. It's going to be on the ten dollars level for me. You're going to add a ten dollars level for you, so it will be equal. But guys, it'll be every other week. So it'll be the first week will be on Kate show because it's going to be me telling her a story. The next week will be Kate on my show. She's going to tell me a story. So if you want to hear all of it, you've got to subscribe to both. That's how we get you. But it's going to be worth it.
Speaker 3: I think the first one I'm going to tell you about it is my cousin story about my cousin.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, are you, But do you have to pretend that it's not your cousin or you're going to say it's your cousin.
Speaker 3: No, I'm going to say it. Yeah, I have nothing to hide.
Speaker 2: Some of my stories I am going to have to change the names to protect that guilty and innocent.
Speaker 1: And I could tell you also the detailed story of my family murder.
Speaker 2: That's a good Yeah, that's a good one. But I think but I think you already know it. So I want to tell you a story that you don't know so that you have a questions. So that's the premise guys, when Inger gets back and really gonna flesh out. Look, all we have is a title and a logo, and I've written out a few notes. But it is going to happen in October, so be on the lookout for that.
Speaker 3: Somebody should start a podcast and call it Stories for Days. Okay, well, it's not gonna I have another idea. Brian Howie and I. You know my friend Brian who's going through cancer treatments. He is owns a podcast company. We with his help, like, we've come up with the concept of a podcast. We just need the two people who would be willing to be the host of it, okay. So it so it's basically off of an idea that he did where he was going to make a podcast where he gave parenting advice although he does not have any children okay. And he took a picture for the for the you know, the the art art thank you, and it was him with all my five kids on a couch okay. And I was like, you know what would be really funny if you had a person who has zero children giving parent advice co hosting a show with a person who like is a CEO with the and okay. So it's like this, there's a person who's a CEO who doesn't have any children okay, and they're giving somebody who has children advice on parenting okay. And the parent who is not a working person is giving the CEO business advice.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: So each episod So they come up with a scenario in each of their pockets of lives. But the person who is not with children or without like a company that they're in charge of, has to give the other person advice because I have to believe that there's some nugget in the madness of someone who doesn't have your same life experience that you can take away. Yeah. Absolutely, we need to find the people who would be the perfect host for that.
Speaker 2: Okay, nobody steal this idea. It's Kate Casey's idea. It's TM patented and trademark. Do not steal this idea. If you do, we have this weak back on. Yeah, it's a great idea.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Got to find the right people though, So it has to the CEO without children and then a parent who has children who does not work.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say it could be that CEO that got called at the Coldplay concert, but he's out of a job and he does have kids, and he does have children, and also he makes bad choices.
Speaker 3: He makes terrible choices. But that's kind of the funny thing is like some of the You're Gonna go you were an absolute moron, because Brian and we came up with him and he would like, try to give me advice on something, and I'd like, you have no fucking idea what you're talking about. Yeah, yeah, and you're laughing because you're like, that is pretty funny. Yeah, what they think parenting might be like. But then sometimes you're like well, because you're not in the thick of it. That actually kind of is a genius idea.
Speaker 1: To step back and be like, oh, actually maybe that might work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because children, they've got high organizational skills, they deal with stress all the time. They might actually have some really great insight for a situation in a company.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've got people management skills for sure, especially if they've got you know, five kids like you do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and you know, I don't know how you do it all, But that's day.
Speaker 3: The funniest thing is when people ask me for parenting advice. I'm like, why would you ask me? I mean, I five is but I'm halfway halfway okay with my own kids, you know what I mean. So your kids are your own and they have their own personalities. I remember I interviewed the super nanny and I was so annoyed before this whole thing. I was like, she doesn't even have kids, what does she know? And then she said something like, well, you know your kids, but you don't know other people's kids. I thought, you know what, You're right, I don't know, right I give advice to another parent when I don't know their I don't know the ins and outs of their kids and how they work and everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, that's a lot of times when you have to go to your close friend to be like, okay, you know how I get operates, you know what this is like in my house? Like what do you think you know? Yeah, ook, that's a great idea. Okay, well you know TM, nobody steal it. Okay, you guys, let's talk about Real Housewives of Miami. Are you enjoying this season?
Speaker 3: I always love that show. I think the thing that really stands out to me. And I asked Matt about this, Why does your show look so much better aesthetically than other shows? And he said it's because they spend so much time I'm in post edit with the colors on the screen, like to make it pop, because Miami is such like a colorful it has its own specific look. Yeah, and he said they just it's really important to them the way the colors pop on screen, and it's such like a specific small thing that really does make a difference.
Speaker 1: I think, I love I just love Marisol. I want her to be my friend.
Speaker 3: No, and she's the best clothes she and Kiki, I think at the best clothes of all housewives.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I loved.
Speaker 2: I loved the episode this week with Kiki talking to her dad and saying, like, you kicked me out when I was fifteen. He's like, oh, well, you know that's what happened. She's like, uh fifteen mm.
Speaker 3: She's like, well, I remember, that's yeah, that's what it was is I remember I interviewed her about that. She said the wife didn't like her awful and by the way, she where did she go? She didn't have any money. She got to Miami and they were like, you're like, you're out of here, and she had to figure out a way to like eat, like have food. I mean, just really out on her own.
Speaker 2: That's awful. Well, anyway, I loved that. Seeing with her dad. I have to assume he's not with that woman anymore.
Speaker 3: But oh he's like a lithario, Like he bounces. He's got kids from a couple of different women, and he gets bored easily. Okay, well, all right, y'all.
Speaker 2: What's the hardest thing about hitting your protein goals? For me, it's breakfast. I'm always trying to figure out a protein packed breakfast because there's so many days when I know I'm not going to be able to grab lunch. So let me tell you, Tropical Smoothie Cafe helps me hit that protein goal every morning while staying on Tropic time. At Tropical Smoothie Cafe, it's super easy, breezy to get your morning protein. My favorite part is you can order a head in the app and you can do it online and you grab your high protein SIPs and bites even faster, you guys, I love the app. You could go get my husband's favorite, which is the Peanut Paradise Smoothie with twenty two grams of protein, and you could add more good vibes to your smoothie. You can do almonds, spinach, kalechi issy, ginger, or supplements like Energizer. My personal favorite is the Sausage, egg and Cheese Dia, but there are also amazing choices like Peebee Protein crunch Bowl, the mixed berry Greek yogurt bowl, or the All American rap You guys, on the way home from the beach, we stopped at Tropical Smoothie in North Carolina and I got two of those sausage, egg and Cheese I dias for me and my son.
Speaker 1: We love them. It's just so good, so make.
Speaker 2: Every day I get away with the bold flavors and better for you pairings only a Tropical Smoothie Cafe.
Speaker 1: Order ahead, take the.
Speaker 2: Scenic rout and earn rewards with a Tropical Smoothie Cafe app. Download it to day Tropical Smoothie Cafe.
Speaker 1: You're on Tropic Time.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I loved this week being on the Virgin Vote. Now I'm going to tell you something interesting. And I hope that you cannot hear my messages dinging, because I talked about this all the time on the show. I have it on Do not Disturb. But what I've discovered a monkey told me if somebody's in your emergency content, even if it's a do not disturb, it will still come through. And that really bothers me.
Speaker 3: Oh, who is it? Anna?
Speaker 2: You know, it's all three, it's everybody in my family. They're talking about the guy that Charlie Kirk shooting.
Speaker 1: That's what they're talking about.
Speaker 2: So now they're just going back and forth about violence. It's not the answer, and I'm like, yeah, quit texting. So and then a message I got from another from Dave while we've been sitting.
Speaker 1: Here is what is violence? Birthday the dog.
Speaker 3: But he's BRILLIANTO. Those dogs, it's really astounding.
Speaker 1: Loves the dogs.
Speaker 3: He really loves your dogs.
Speaker 1: Really. Yeah, we had a landscape or come here, he's a house today to get.
Speaker 3: Very concerned about them all the time.
Speaker 1: To get a place. Yeah, so they have a good place to go potty.
Speaker 2: Okay, sure, anyway, okay, I forgot Marisol, and now forgot what I was saying.
Speaker 1: Oh, the Virgin the Virgin boat. So here's something interesting.
Speaker 2: I since I don't cover any housewived shows turn by turn, I love to listen to our friends Ben and Ronnie. Yeah right, so they're coming uh, they're coming on together in a couple.
Speaker 1: Of weeks here. So I was listening to their show before I came on with you.
Speaker 2: And at the beginning, and I listened on Wondery Boo Wondery, I listened mad at Wondering. I listened to Wondery the app and it's supposed to be add free, but it was a full three minutes and them talking about the Virgin Cruise and how great the Virgin Cruise was. And this show is sponsored by Virgin Cruises. Oh so Ben and Ronnie got an ad for Virgin.
Speaker 1: Cruises to go with that. Episode.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh my god, can you imagine Ben and Ronnie in that rock star suite?
Speaker 3: You know? Can I tell you my Richard Branson story? Of course, my husband went to his island on a trip with like a business trip with and I rich.
Speaker 1: Was he there was Richard Branson there.
Speaker 3: Yeah. They played tennis together every morning. And Dan, my husband's a really good tennis player, like, yeah, we have tennis channel on in my house. So like he's obsessed. And he was like kind of not putting his health. Physical health is a priority at this time that he went to visit. It was not too long ago. You mean your husband or your husband? Okay, yeah, so wait I should tell you, like no for that. He the guy works seven days a week. Like he works, he comes home. He doesn't like, he doesn't have a lot of time for other stuff. He does play tennis, that's it. So Richard says to him, He's like, what's going on, Dan, And so like they sit at the tennis court and he's like, you know, I'm really overwhelmed with work. And Richard Branson was like, your health has to pre a priority and this is what you have to do. And he came back from that trip and he went to every he got a colin oscoby, he went here, he went here, he went to all the kinds of doctors that one needs to make sure and like it was a couple of weeks ago. Dan said, I really got handed to him, Like he made a huge difference in my life. Like I really like he It was like, your children need you to be at your peak health. Wow. Look at Richard Branson and he said, he is totally devoted to his wife and kids. They have a property there. He spends a lot of his time there, but like crazy about his wife. And if you watch the documentary The Disruptors, if anybody in your life has ADHD as as I do, he's he's in it and he talks about how he had eight well he has ADHD and dyslexia and his experience in school and he's like a really good example of someone who on paper would not have done well in school. However, has used his focused disorder to kind of create his own lane and has become massively successful. But is also very charitable.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is one thing to hear about him, that he's charitable.
Speaker 2: Well, he was charitable enough to give Vin and Ronnie some money for their show and not us, and God bless and let these ladies onto the boat. And I listen, I've thought a lot. I love every so often just hop on a little cruise, I.
Speaker 3: Do, and never going on a cruise ever again.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm telling you, Disney Cruise way to go. You know, I don't even like Disney. Nope, it was the best thing we ever did.
Speaker 3: So anyway, cases really ruined the cruise industry.
Speaker 1: Sorry, oh okay, well okay, So the Virgin Cruise, you know, it's adults.
Speaker 2: Only, and so in my mind, I'm like, oh my god, it's going to be like going to hedonism or something like.
Speaker 1: It's going to be gross.
Speaker 2: But people, you know, like it's just going to be like necking people in the hot tub swingers part.
Speaker 1: But people that have been on those cruises.
Speaker 2: Virgin Cruises, SAD is very different and very nice, and it's not super expensive. It does literally go like Miami to Biminy and then like back. It only has like three stops, so it really is like if you're just trying to like go for four days with some girlfriends, I don't. They may have some boats now that do other things, but it's interesting in the cruise industry that somebody could put out like new boats, a new brand and have it be successful. Yeah, definitely, and it looks nice and what do you okay the arguments that we have now, I can't quite remember who's mad at who, because but I did like all sitting down with Stephanie and saying, you don't need to talk about how much everything costs all the time.
Speaker 3: I mean, well, that's an archetype. Usually of the tropes of the Housewives, the newcomer tends to be so insecure they overdo it and they like get over the top closed or they have to talk about their money all the time. That's definitely like a first season kind of mistake. I'm sure she'll chill out. I also have some concerns because she's so chatty about income. That's to me like karmic. The karmic reality is you're probably going to be involved in some sort of financial fallout.
Speaker 2: Well, a listener wrote me and said that the house that she showed that they were you know where she showed lars of the closet with this walls for the Burkins and all that was already in foreclosure, and that hadn't even moved in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So anytime somebody talks about like their wealth and their things, I'm always win sying. I'm like, this is going to come back and don't haunt you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I did, like a Marasol set her down.
Speaker 2: I love every time they show Marasol's cute, little tiny perfect I love that.
Speaker 3: That's probably one of my favorite houses and all of us wives. It's like so adorable and clean and clean lines and just the spacial landscaping. I love it. I also asked Matt Anderson, the executive producer, about each of the women and what's something when we don't know, we don't get okay, And he said Marisol's step kids adore her. Yeah, like I love love hanging out with her, And I thought that was cool.
Speaker 1: What did you have to say about Adriana because she just bugs.
Speaker 3: She's really really smart. She's like very cultured art history, piano. She's very cultured, and it's like a really fun person to talk to because she knows a lot of different things.
Speaker 2: What did he say that would be interested to know about Gerdy Because I feel like we know everything about Gerty.
Speaker 3: That her husband is. I don't know. It wasn't really about Gerty, but it was about her. Her husband's like a huge star wars nerd and that they're like the whole family's really close. Like I mean, you kind of get a sense of that, but he's just reiterating like they're very, very close.
Speaker 1: Gerty Is.
Speaker 3: I've got a soft spot for her because I think that she's probably somebody who's got like a focused disorder. She's like super super creative, and when she's in a zone for work, it's like magic. But then outside of work she's sign of like in a couple different places, and I don't know, I never get the sense for her that she wants that she's cunning or manipulative. I think she's like, at her heart, like a girl, a girl's girl, and like a good person.
Speaker 2: So speaking to tennis, you know us opened was just on and so we watched a lot of it, and we watched the final match with Alcoraz and.
Speaker 1: Cinner. I always want to say Skinner but at center and.
Speaker 3: Dan went there by the way, Oh he did, Yeah, he thought for a day so he could go. I'm telling you he's like a dork.
Speaker 2: Okay, but that's great. I love it so we I would love to do that too. So we were watching it and something they showed a clip of something, you know, something from the past and Martina Navatrola and they were talking about, oh, Yvonne Lindall is here when he was presenting the thing, and got my husband and I talking and I said, oh, you know earlier they showed Martina and Naviatrola. I said, you know, she's on the Real Housewise in Miami. He's like what, He's still so upset about Charles Oakley being on Real Housewives of Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Oh, He's like what.
Speaker 2: I said, Yeah, she's married to this woman, Julia, and they actually just had their anniversary because she posted about the US Open is so special dust, It's where we got engaged. And Dave's like, god, I mean to him, that is like the lowest of the love of the trashiest of the trash.
Speaker 1: You know, not Miami, not, but just to be on a real housewive show.
Speaker 3: There was a clip too where there was a couple that got engaged to the US Open, and they showed a clip of it and Martina was on the panel. It was like four people. Yeah, and this gulp this stranger is getting engaged, and the one woman on the panel goes, that is the definition of like like cheesiness, like the fact that something she's like that is an absolute cheese move or whatever she said, I forget the exact freezing. And then Martina goes, well, you know, I proposed to Julia like eleven years ago and she was like, my bad. And I was like everyone has had that moment in life where you're like, oh please, blah blah blah, and then you're like, oh, I'm horrible.
Speaker 2: But this way they were calling her Marty. I was like, Oh, now she's like, what are we doing? Are we trying to lighten up Martina to feel like she's fun and light. I don't find her fun and light. I find her to be like stunned at the position she's found herself.
Speaker 3: I've always wanted to interview her though, because I like her escape out of Checkolslovakia. I feel I've very interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I think that's interesting.
Speaker 2: But I think she is like, how do you think Martina and Abertilova is getting paid by this show?
Speaker 3: Uh? No, I think she really loves Julia and wants her to have something for herself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I mean, like you can't imagine that, like Lenny was getting paid when he was with Lisa, like the spouse is don't get paid. He wanted her to be on the show because it helped him get away from her. No, I helped his business, surgery business. But I think so he had an agenda, and I think Terry Dubrow had an agenda. I think the Heather being on the show helped his business immensely.
Speaker 3: I'm sure. I think she has said it too, like I didn't want to be on the show, but he wanted to be on the show.
Speaker 2: Did you like on the the episode with the light detector where she admitted she'd rather be on the Rouse Beverly.
Speaker 3: Well, I think it was like, okay, yeah, we all know that she doesn't live here. She lives she does not own a home in the County of Orange.
Speaker 1: So crazy, it's hilarious. And she goes, what I live closer to them Sti's just let her do it. Just let her go over there, just do it.
Speaker 3: Also, let her go her you know, it's really hard when you have like a bunch of kids, when you kind of are in the mindset or in the social groups of your older kids. And as your kids get older, I mean I find this with like my my kids range from junior in high school to first grade. So the first grade parents like they're this is these that child is their oldest. They've got little kids at home, and there is like this, yes, disconnect and you're kind of I feel like going through life with your oldest kids like tribe. And so I think a lot of what Heather and Terry face is like their tribe of friends. Their kids are off in college. There's don't even come back to it. So they're physically and mentally not in Orange County anymore. Right, even though they have their youngest one is in the eighth grade, so they do have and ones going off clubs or the youngest one still has you know five you know, five more years here. But they're in their heads, they're they're not there.
Speaker 1: Their youngest one is the youngest one ace yes.
Speaker 3: Eighth grader, okay, eighth and keighth grade ye in l A. No wait, maybe they're in seventh. They're not, you know what, I think they're in seventh.
Speaker 1: But in the OC are in la in l A, Okay.
Speaker 3: So now their kids still and and Katerina. She went to high school senior year in l A too, So they don't go to I'm telling you, they don't have a property year. There's no reason to be here. Their kids go to school in lad Well.
Speaker 2: Okay's speaking of oz. Okay, let's try to let's try to figure out if we can break this down. Okay, because I have heard lots of you know, podcasters and stuff explain it, which is helpful because even though I watch every episode, I'm still like, wait, huh so, and I don't even understand how Kiki Monique, who we both know and it's a completely normal, nice person, how she got dragged into this?
Speaker 3: Okay, So all you need to know is Kiki went out with Katie. Katie like met with a bunch of different people in the off season, like, oh, you know you're you're a blogger, You're like just I think to kind of No, No, I think she went out to kind of meet people in the space, kind of the way somebody who starts a job you're gonna meet the vendors you're gonna meet, Like, I don't think that's that unusual.
Speaker 2: Okay, but can I ask you a question? Yeah, we can cut this out if you.
Speaker 1: Don't want it.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna ever say that you went out to lunch with Katie? I, well, okay, you can talk, you can talk about it, Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 3: So it's not that unusual. I am a year ago I met with her. I want to lunch. I was like, oh, you know you live. You live in a neighborhood or by. So went out to lunch. And I saw her several times over a weekend and I had scheduled to interview her, and then it was delayed for some reason, and I tried to follow up with it to schedule it, and it was like crickets. I never got a text back, and I was just nothing. And then I look on Instagram and she's unfollowed me, and I was like okay, Now, for those of us that have schedule podcast interviews, you can imagine how annoying that is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you're like, okay, next week, I'm gonna slot this in. Let me just nail the time down. Yeah, And now I'm like what. So I go back to Bravo and I'm like, so, I guess you know. I was like, well, well, I'm not doing the interview with her because so can I have Emily and they were like, wait, are you sure don't you still want to do Katie? And I went, well, no, like I've moved on. I'm annoying, Like I like, I'm not going to wait around for weeks for so it is cod But do you think.
Speaker 1: This was this?
Speaker 2: Was this the same time they were filming, she was getting in trouble.
Speaker 1: For all this stuff.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I met her as last weekend of August of last year, and that this probably went on several weeks where we were trying to coordinate. So maybe, but I've had other people ask me when you got to because what people are saying is that when Katie met with other people, she was just like talking about each cast member like this is what they have alleged, like, oh, like I met with her and she's like, here's why this person's horrible, this is their deep a secret. I did not have that experience at all. I feel like we talked a lot about her life. So that's why I have said the whole season, like why are we not getting to her story? Which I think if you know the origin story, some of this kind of makes sense. We never get to it. But of course you know me I'm prone to ask people lots of questions, so maybe that's why that didn't happen. But I did not have that experience with her. I thought her story was very interesting, and again I don't know why it doesn't come up. I think that So do I think it's normal that she met with people? Yeah?
Speaker 1: What's abnormal?
Speaker 3: I think in the whole equation, if true, would be sharing a story that someone told you that blurs the line of legality. So if you were in your normal life and we're together and you say to me, so someone that we know, Sarah, make up a name, Sarah was at a party at John's house, and she says she got drug while she was there. And then I go and I tell somebody who has a public platform and says, Mary Paine told me that when Sarah was at John's house that he drugged her. Now, in the regular world that we live, and we'd be like, wait, what like this is and then Sarah and John would be like why would you spread that rumor? Like there's no proof of it. That could totally harm my business, my job, my life. That's where it's a problem. So I do believe Gretchen probably said something because I don't think Katie totally pulled that out of nowhere. To what degree, I don't know. But it begins there the planting the seed, and then then it seed.
Speaker 1: But then we saw Gretchen say it on camera. She said, go to the hospital. She whispered it. She said, I was.
Speaker 3: So so she said something that planted the seed.
Speaker 1: Right, She's probably said something.
Speaker 3: But then because now then she says, well, I misspoke. So it's just like what So she clearly planted the seed. That's a problem. And the second problem is carrying that seed to somebody who has access to a public platform. And because of that, Kiki then goes to two other people and says, hey, I went out with Katie and she says this thing that's like deeply troubling and blurs the line of legality. Have you heard this too? Now? That person then calls Tamra. Now tamar is about the film or is starting a film, and then she brings it on camera. The shocker to me is that they would actually include this in filming because to me, I'm going back to this is a legal issue, right right, I think everybody's involved in this to some degree. There's all culpability and the other problem is, you know everyone is lying in some way about some part of the story. You just can't pinpoint to what degree. And that sucks because you want to feel like there's at least one narrator in this thing that we're watching, and I know one. I can't. You don't know what anyone's truth is.
Speaker 2: Well, how does Sheiina get involved? Because people are like, oh, so Kiki said it.
Speaker 1: To Shina and she knows, like, don't bring my own.
Speaker 3: Teddy interviewed Katie and Teddy Okay Okay on her podcast, and Teddy said, I was asking her about this and she's like, well, I heard this rumor, so again, it's the game of telephone. I don't know. Somebody somewhere along the lines goes, well, probably they were probably like, well, Gretchen is friends with Kiki and Sheena, so maybe there's some connection, not based on any proof or anything. So Teddy says that in Katie's reaction is sort of like not denying that, and then Sheena and Kiki they record together and they're like, this is absolutely not true. So I think it's just it's we're all sort of lost in all of us, like passing the seed. Yeah, yeah, that it's just it's really frustrating.
Speaker 2: Well, it's so interesting because I was trying to figure out, like, at this time when Katie was meeting with various people, which is in her right to do whatever, and you have lunch with her, and I was like, and ghost did you?
Speaker 1: Is what happened?
Speaker 3: She goes to me. I found her to be lovely and yeah, you in your story. I sent it everybody. I'm like, oh, I think she's really interesting. Then I got mad when I got ghosted, of course, because I was like, I got to schedule my show. Yeah.
Speaker 2: As your trusted destination for all things home, Wayfair's got everything you need to codify your space this fall, from comfy recliners to warm bedding and autumn de core. Wayfair even has espresso makers and you can make your latte, even a pumpkin one at home. You guys know how much I love Wayfair. They have the biggest election curated by style, and there are options for every budget. And don't forget they have easy and free shipping. Okay, I just ordered some bedding for my son at his college apartment. He's going to need some warm, cozy betting and he loves a good throw blanket, so I got him a really cute throat blanket and some flannel sheet so we can be all snugly. And also, right now is a good time to stock up on those fall items, like are you thinking about some cute mugs to enjoy your coffee? Or maybe some fall themed to core you guys. They even have some.
Speaker 1: Really cute word art if that's your thing.
Speaker 2: Another thing you should think about in the fall is getting organized, and Wayfair can help with that too. They have furniture, covers and all that stuff that helps you get ready for the colder weather and snuggle in. There's something for every style and every home, no matter your space or budget. And did you know that they have that free and easy delivery, you guys, even on big stuff. No more huge delivery fees for furniture, You don't need to go to six stores. You can get it all at Wayfair. Furniture to Core, appliances, cookware, all in one place. So cosify your space with at Wayfair's curated collection of easy, affordable fall updates from comfy recliners to cozy betting and Autumn to Core. Find it all for way less at Wayfair dot com. That's Wayfair dot com, way fai r dot com, Wayfair, every style, every home. Yes, I remember all of it, but now that we're seeing it on TV, I'm wondering if around the same time which she goes at you completely, she was like, oh, I can't talk to anybody anymore.
Speaker 3: I think it was before that.
Speaker 1: Because then after, because then she did. She did.
Speaker 2: She did refollow you and swing back around like six months later, and you were like, girls, get out of here.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't remember if she did. I know her husband did. Did she I don't remember. I don't remember anymore. Was like, listen, I just told you I have a photographic memory, but I don't that part. I don't remember. Maybe she did. I remember being very annoyed, though.
Speaker 2: You were very annoyed, okay, but she reached back out, but it was like months after she had un followed you, and you're like no.
Speaker 3: I was like that because once someone has like screwed you over, you're like fuck off, We're I think everybody can kind of understand that. I was like, I don't you know what what? And then also, you when you spend time trying to get to know someone and you feel like your time was not valued. It annoys, well, it annoys me, like, yes, I spent a lot of time getting to know her and and really was a great listener, and then felt like I was sort of like disposable and I didn't like that feeling. That's how I felt. If that was her intention, I don't know, but I but at the time that's how I felt. And I remember I called you and I was like, I am so annoyed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very annoyed.
Speaker 2: And also it has like you know, in our world, it's always annoying when you count on somebody and they cancel that day the day before. I've definitely had people chancel, which is even hard.
Speaker 3: For people to get. They it's hard. If you're not a podcaster, you're not going to get it and you're going to go, well, this is but it is a massively stressful thing, especially when you have five children and you're trying to coordinate around their schedules. And then I'm like, Okay, now I have to come up with another plan, and.
Speaker 1: I have advertisers and the episode has to go out.
Speaker 2: At midnight and it's four PM, and I got no show, and I've got a two hour window to do it because.
Speaker 1: I've got a babysitter, I've got a dead I've got the whatever, you know.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I remember all of that, but I was just trying to put it together in my brain if they were filming or if something happened in that time where she not just goested you k.
Speaker 1: Casey because she's like, fuck that bitch.
Speaker 2: It was more like I gotta I can't speak to anybody that's in the podcasting, the news, the blogger business because I don't want to get in trouble because I did something and now I'm in trouble.
Speaker 3: So I think it was I think it was before because I think all of this stuff was happening in March.
Speaker 2: They filmed all this in March, I think, so of twenty twenty five, No.
Speaker 3: No, I think, so, yeah, look it up.
Speaker 1: Don't they filmed me year? But I don't know when they filmed.
Speaker 3: I don't know. No, Well, we're already in September, So I think it was back then because so that's when I think they went to New Orleans, was like February March or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I remember that in Tamer being like everybody's Tamer quit again, Like okayl Well that is an interesting story, and we'll see what happens. And you know, I've heard the rumors as you have of there's gonna be this big, terrible thing that happens at the end of the season regarding Gretchen, and.
Speaker 3: You know, I do know, I do know what happens at.
Speaker 2: The end, and and homophobia and of course Heather.
Speaker 3: I just think three, if you were already feeling totally yucky for lack of a better term, ick, if you've been feeling ick about this season, it's gonna get worse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's my thought. That's my thought.
Speaker 2: And you know, sort of like at the end of New Jersey where you're just like that one, we were already feeling so bad and now it's made it worse at the end, Like why can't everybody.
Speaker 3: Just get I do feel like the New Jersey and the OC is just like it's very similar.
Speaker 1: The toxicity.
Speaker 3: It's not fun to watch. There's no fun in that show at all.
Speaker 2: Well, it's sort of like people said about The Valley that they really like hated how toxic it was, and I was like, I loved every minute of it. Something wrong with me or what what? Somebody sent me a reel the other day and listener, and it was Jax like being crazy. It's like, you know, him with his nose bandage and him with this blood and the punching and all, you know, all like the scared Jax memes in that. And it ended with when he like threw that chunky sweater off and went to beat up that guy in the parking lot that Oussi he was dating or whatever, and I was like, God, he was hot.
Speaker 3: That was my first Oh my god, wait did you watch You didn't watch it? It just came out today. First, Trap, the documentary on William White.
Speaker 1: No, tell me who's William White?
Speaker 3: Okay that your listeners are going to be fired up about this one. I got my pen.
Speaker 1: I'm writing it down.
Speaker 3: There are two episodes came out today, Paramount Plus. Okay, okay, but wait first, wait how many episodes will then? Because you know I've got all my diffriend's coming this weekend. Oh, you're gonna watch this is the one you're gonna watch with them? You're gonna yeah? Okay, that and Charlie Sheen documentary.
Speaker 2: I was going to get them to watch if they hadn't seen Unknown Caller and tell them nothing about it and have them watch that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good one too. But okay, let me explain thirstrap because you may have different opinions. But okay, so imagine and Heather interviewed him during COVID twenty one year old landscaper from Canada makes these TikTok videos where he's lip syncing to bearing.
Speaker 2: Okay, I remember when Heather interviewed him. Okay, yeah, this way, he's just dim dumber than a box of rocks. Yeah yeah, yeah, as my mother would say, criminally stupid. Oh and big blue eyes, wide smile, dimous, gorgeous.
Speaker 3: You would kind of look like like like a young version of like John Mellencamp and the Jack and Diane video kind of like a like a just like a Indiana Canada, kind of like Canada, you know, like like not a city guy.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, I got it.
Speaker 3: Makes these videos and surprisingly the women that made him go viral the audience was like women over fifty, and it was, you know, strategic on his part. He's choosing songs that were right up their alley. They were going back to the roller skating days of their lives. I don't know, and they're like, he is so hot, and that's when you could start sending people money on TikTok. Yeah and yeah, Like one woman's on there, she's probably in her sixties now, and she's like, I've sent I sent him like two hundred thousand dollars. They are all dying over him, and he would do TikTok lives and they would some of them were like I would wake up at five o'clock just to see him during his live. Then they started going to Canada to his hometown and hopes to see him. Like so really harkens back to like the teen bop days, right, but in this case it's a twenty one year old and the women and the people that love him are in their.
Speaker 1: Fifties and sixties, okay.
Speaker 3: And it was like he would go on TikTok Live and be like, I'm going to go to Kelsey's restaurant, which is like their local state or burger place, and then he'd go to pay and then be like, somebody's already taken care of it. He like he was. So he's at first seems kind of sweet and dopey, and then you see he's getting money and he's like these broad these idiots and he's like, they're giving me what I want, right, and then they start getting possessive of him. And when one of those groups went to visit him, this one woman they called the Disney Mom. I don't know, she was like because of her like Instagram handle or something. They go up into her room and they get it on William White and the woman and she's like talking about the experience and how all of these women went insane on her. Afterward, they were like bitter and angry.
Speaker 1: Now I see a single guy or I live with his mother, Like yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he lives with his mother. Same. Yeah, she's the same age as these women, okay. And they're all trying to be friends with the mom, and then the mom gets upset because then she starts getting things sent to her house and she's like, now we've crossed the line. I'm like, oh wait, now we've crossed the line. Okay. So there are women who are like they're duets, you know. And TikTok were side by side videos where they're like lustfully looking look after the sky's like joy and then he was like get a girlfriend or something, and then they would be angry. It was like parasocial behavior on crack Yeah okay, and then it kind of ends with like the fallout where he starts like resenting these people and like talking smack to them, and then they hate him, and they're two factions. There's like a positive group that love everything he does, and then there's the negative group that like trolls the positive people.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay.
Speaker 3: And then like his relationship with the internet, like wanting to be on it but wanting to be off it, and the amount of money people were sending him is insane. And so I made Heather McDonald watch it last night. She watched it with Drake, and she texts me she's like, I'm embarrassed right now to be a woman or something because she's like it's like Drake's age person. She's like of the fan group, and she's like, this is so crazy that these women like went crazy for him. And she's like, he's not as hot as he was in the video. I'm like, yeah, because he was getting older, and like I don't I feel like, well, he had some addiction issues, and I feel like the addiction issues went strach was face. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, it's funny that you say this, So Anna had a friend that was a high school friend and maybe it was no, it must have been high school was before she went to the other school. And she had this guy and he dated her friend Fiona, and he came to our house. He was I mean, like the guy that played Elvis.
Speaker 3: In the movie. Was his name, Oh, Austin Austin Smith.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I'm talking like look like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Like just as an adult woman, You're like, that's a good looking kid, Like, whoa, he should be a model like that, you know, just like, okay, dated her friend Fiona. Good for you, Fiona, whatever, he's hot. But then Anna tells me, oh, you know, he's got this viral tiktoka and.
Speaker 1: I go, no, I don't know about it. Why would I know? It doesn't come up.
Speaker 2: I'm looking for like Amazon fndes and like what to buy from Target, you know, and sometimes cute dog memes is what comes up for me. And she goes, oh my god, no, he's got like two million I mean, something crazy on tikto. This was way back and it popped off during COVID, same thing, same idea, and he was singing like Elvis songs.
Speaker 3: Oh god, oh yeah. So it was like the same idea, you're in the sixty year old ye because.
Speaker 2: Somebody said you kind of look like a young Elvis or whatever. And I said, and I go, why is he's always in like these mom jeans?
Speaker 1: Like why you know? And that's why I'm not this. It's not relating to me that people will be like, whoa, we's so hot because it is like such.
Speaker 2: A nerd, you know, and she goes, mom, I don't know. People just love him. But he just went to college and lived his life. But I remember talking to him one time. Whatever his name was, it'll never come back to me. I'll have to ask hnma. But I remember asking him one time like, how do you make money on TikTok? If you like have such a I don't like, I don't know. And he goes, oh, well, people like buy you things or they send.
Speaker 1: You roses or whatever. And I go and then you cash it out.
Speaker 2: Like it goes into an account, and he goes, yeah, you have like a TikTok account and you're going to cash it out like if you sell purses on po or something.
Speaker 3: I was like, what, yeah, a lot of money. Some of those women basically said that watching his videos gave them this sexual awakening like it had been dormant, you know, maybe because of a divorce or raising kids, and then suddenly they were like having the feelings. And then for somebody their child's age, yes, and then they were having these feelings of like maybe we could be together. It's like delusion.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm writing this down thirst Trap, and I'm going to ask my friends because when we was.
Speaker 3: Weird because someone were like, oh, I just think of him as my friend. I'm like, why would you have a friend who's a twenty one year old landscaper from Canada?
Speaker 2: You should be like speaking of at a landscape or come over here today. The one that I talked about, like it's got to do something for the dogs.
Speaker 1: Dogs. She's really cute, real cute.
Speaker 3: I got real nervous, you know, like, hey, I knew someone who had an affair with the landscaper.
Speaker 2: No, it's not happening here. But I'll tell you that a lot of people that work here. This is in North Carolina, and that's the word area.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, but the people.
Speaker 2: Come from the tiny towns that do all the work on nobody lives here. They all, you know, come over on the ferry and I guess this guy does too, but they have work trucks that that stay here or whatever. But a lot of people are just like local, small town North Carolina, just real, like real salt of the earth. Yeah, you know, missing some teeth, gonna drink a Budweiser and go fishing on the weekend.
Speaker 1: Like just just nice, good for the regular regular folk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this guy shows up and I was like, whoaah, Yeah, good for.
Speaker 2: You, Good for you, hot landscaper. Yeah, anyway, that's just a sidebar.
Speaker 3: One time I had an Uber driver and I said, you look like I don't know, I like, why is this? I said, you look like you could be a professional soccer player from Dubai. And he goes, looks like me crazy and I was like, oh sorry, and then he goes, my brother is a professional soccer player in Dubai.
Speaker 1: No way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he showed me on his phone. I was like, wow, I don't know. Well it was weird.
Speaker 2: Last story, and this is what we do and this is why you're going to enjoy our new side quest is I had the driver yesterday. So you when you land to come to the beach, you land at the Willington airport and you have to have an Uber. But if you call an Uber, it's literally going to be the same guy that you hire as the driver, and it's going to be the same price. There's like four Uber drivers and then they also do like private car service in their van or whatever. So this is this guy that I know, so he you know, you text him, here's when I'm landing, and he drives you, drives you over to the ferry, and then you take the ferry. It's plane trains and automobiles. So anyway, I was in the car with him and he started talking about something about true crime.
Speaker 1: I was like ooh.
Speaker 2: I was like, well, I love a true crime story or something, and he goes, yeah, I kind of got into that. He goes something about tell me about that that story about the Murdos.
Speaker 1: Can you tell me about that?
Speaker 2: I go, well, it's only a forty five minute ride, Like, I mean, how much time do you? So I went through kind of what I can even remember, you know, specifically about it. And so then I said, but let me tell you what you do need to be following as the Donna Adelson situation, because.
Speaker 3: You're like, oh good, oh yeah, I have something to this, okay.
Speaker 2: I gave him the whole story, and then I kept going and then and I kept like remembering shit, you know, I was like, and then he sampled the money, and then you know, I kept remembering like so many things, and I completely have forgotten the part about them going to Vietnam. And then halfway through he goes next, I go, oh my god, I totally forgot. They were trying to go one way to Vietnam.
Speaker 3: He goes, well, that's a red flag.
Speaker 1: I go, well, exactly.
Speaker 2: I go, well, they've been to Vietnam before and their friend came over and told him to buy one way because it was cheaper.
Speaker 3: He's like, oh, well, no, bullshit, yeah totally.
Speaker 1: I was trying to give him both sides. So anyway, I was like, what to watch for is.
Speaker 2: What's going to happen with, you know, Wendy and Harvey. So he's like, okay, Wendy's the wife, Harvey's the dad. So he wrote me last night and said, okay, great, now I've gone down a rabbit hole. I wrote me this, He wrote me this morning. The driver wrote me this morning and goes thanks again. I literally stayed up till midnight and I've got more research to do today.
Speaker 3: I was like, okay, I appreciate that. I was talking to a consultant that I hadn't talked to and like we haven't worked together in maybe six years or something. And I was like, oh, I was thinking about you and all the true crime stuff that you're working on. He goes, are you following the Adolson case? I go, am, I following the Adolesen case. I just interviewed an attorney from Tallahassee about it. And he goes, Wendy Adelson was my old girlfriend when uh huh school or something, no, in college. I go, what before she married? Does it tell me everything?
Speaker 1: What is going on?
Speaker 3: And he said she was the person that I dated before I met my wife that I ended up marrying. And he said, I go, was the family weird? And he said, oh no, I go, well, what do you think happened? He goes, absolutely, she knew about the whole plan. There's no doubt about it. That family, it was totally weird. And he said they she talked to her mom constantly, like all day long. And he said I never met the older brother because he seemingly, even then like wanted nothing to do with the family. I mean he's been married to his wife for like this guy, he's been married for like nineteen years or something, but he said he remembered this one Thanksgiving she canceled. She was like, remember, yeah, how I wanted you to come. Like, we're not gonna do that anymore. We're just gonna keep it just the family cold and told the boyfriend, I know you were going to come visit me for Thanksgiving to spend it with your family, but now because we just wanted to be family. He's like, of course they all knew the plan, all of them.
Speaker 1: I they're so amastring.
Speaker 2: When I was talking to the driver last night, I was like, there's so many things that point that she did know, and then there's so many things that are like ran that's just circumstantially. You have to look at it from what a jury has to look at it. Circumstantially, like there's no concrete email or anything that she knew. It's just so I was like, I don't know until they get something concrete on her. But they said stay tuned, So we're staying tuned, Stay tuned, stay tuned. So just I mean the dad Markell, the dad when he got up and he listed all the people that now don't have parents, and all the people that are affected, don't have a sister, don't have a mother, don't have these people don't have any parents, these people don't have grandparents because of what you've done, Like anyone.
Speaker 3: Wasn't worth it.
Speaker 2: That was so powerful when he listed out you know, Katherine mcmanawa's children have no parents. Now, you know, all these these Lincoln in whatever the other one's name is, don't have probably eventually won't have parents either, And then what's in place?
Speaker 1: Who's going to take care of them?
Speaker 3: You know, did you bro the way watch any of the Chrislies stuff. No, Kate's getting better. I just have such a hard time with it, I know, but it's getting better and better. The family is so honest about how messed up they are. I just I like them even more. I mean I would watch it back in the day, like early earlier, and I was like, yeah, they seems funny, And then I just took a long, long break.
Speaker 2: Because it was so like, here comes Grandma. Isn't she crazy in the kitchen? Like it was so fake scripted.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So the opposite now where Chase is clearly still on drugs. He's engaged to a girl, and Julie wants nothing to do with this girl. She's like, I'm not going to meet her. I don't want anything to do with her. And she's got a mom who is definitely invested in this relationship so she can be like a TikTok star. Then you have Grace and the youngest one, he's the voice of reason. And oh the grandparents Julie's parents. The father I think his name's Harvey two. He and Savannah despise each other and they have this like bolt like rip each other apart conversation on camera where you're like, you're like holding your head. You're like, oh my god, I can't believe they went through with this on camera. It is like the most complicated family and it is nothing that you thought from the original version of the show. That one was like package with a nice bow, yeah, and this one you're like, oh my god. Julie's parents hate Todd, and then Julie's parents crossed a son, and now they basically have transferred their feelings about their deceased son onto Chase. So Chase gets away with everything, but it's actually probably led him into a deeper addiction.
Speaker 1: I didn't know Chase had addiction problems.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't either, And it's heartbreaking because he's like sitting on the couch and he's such a he's got funny he's like his dad. He's got like funny one liners. But he's got the sensitivity of his mom. But his arms or I don't know anything about that much about like certain addictions, but like you know, when like he has no muscle on his body, it's just like these thin arms where it just looks like he never exercises or eats healthier. And You're like, I'm worried about him, and I'm worried about Julie. I'm worried about Julie. I'm getting better about it because I've been like listening to that podcast to just check in on her. I would love to interview her. I think she's getting When she first came out of prison, I was really worried about her. But then and the last episode, someone who was in prison with her, this really cool lady, I think her name is Sharita. She came on and talked to Savannah. They were in prison together, and she reads this letter that Julie wrote to Sharita and basically said, I prayed that God would send me a strong black woman who could be a great influence for my granddaughter Chloe. And he gave me. He gave you to me, and we were going to be we're gonna be friends for the rest of our lives. And you're I don't know. I like, there's so many layers to it. I find endlessly fascinating. It is not what people would think it is. Right.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just just you know, Oh God at that other show just irritated me to no end.
Speaker 1: Kate, Yeah, and he irritates me to no end. But I do feel for Julie.
Speaker 3: He doesn't bother me as much anymore because on the podcast he said, I absolutely hated doing my show. It was like so over it. I didn't really want to do it. I was doing it for the kids. That level of transparency I really appreciate because we talked to these reality stars. That's why I like to interview people that are off the show for a while, because then you get the real authenticity. When they're in it, they will will say and do anything to keep their job. Yes, and there's a level of transparency that's happening even with the parents that I'm like, Okay, now this is really what was going on.
Speaker 2: Speaking of that, next week, I'm talking to Olivia Plath again.
Speaker 3: Oh see, that's that's another one. I think she's really pretty transparent.
Speaker 2: It's great because she really she either did or has broken her contract with the TLC. She didn't give a shit before, and she really doesn't.
Speaker 1: Give a shit.
Speaker 3: She don't give a shit now she didn't give a shit, then save a shit now.
Speaker 2: Like I've had actual you know, speaking of like having lets the way, I've had actual lunch with Olivia. And she couldn't be more easy to talk to, a normal and so beyond wise for her years, you know.
Speaker 3: Especially coming from that family system where it's like you have all those kids.
Speaker 1: And yeah, her own family and then that family.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, they talk about her a lot and welcome to Pathhil and I'm like, she is a not bothered, she's out. She was like in France and she was in Croatia, she was in Italy.
Speaker 1: She's like, oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Sometimes sometimes I use the crayon box to explain things, situations and people. The Plath family are a box of eight thick dollar store crayons. She is a box of one sixty four, one sixty fours. Can't hang out with boxes of eight, you know what I mean, that's so weird.
Speaker 1: But yes, that's where you came up with that. That's actually your brain.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Some people are just so basic. They don't see beyond that, and they're you know, and they and theirs are thick because they're they're troubled and they have not read a book in fourteen years, so they don't really know basic things. And you know, she's been to Croatia in France, but her life is much more full of different colors. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And Michael almost escaped, but he suck got sucked again.
Speaker 3: Because he's a He's as my mother I would say, criminally stupid.
Speaker 1: Bless him, bless his heart. It's so cute. Listen, everybody, you know where to find k Casey.
Speaker 3: You know what, though, I would love for people to go and do two things for me. The Bonus podcasts on Patreon but also on Apple podcasts. And also to follow or to subscribe to my what to watch list. You have substack dot com because I want you guys to get the list of what to watch each week, because you would have missed thirst trap if I had not even mentioned that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And then I constantly constantly look at your Oh that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's Kksey dot substack dot com and that's what to watch and that's free.
Speaker 3: Free comes right to your email box. God bless, and you look at it, you go, ah, shit, you might not know God, God bless from Chris Farah used to say God Bless, and I got that from her.
Speaker 1: I feel like she says it.
Speaker 3: She says it all the time hers, but she says it like fifteen more times than we do. But it definitely Wade weighs on me and I enjoy it. It's a good way to She.
Speaker 2: Says it in a frantic way like I don't know. Yeah, it's like I mean, you know, like who's who amonks?
Speaker 1: But God bless.
Speaker 3: You know what she is like if you go to lunch with her or dinner with her, she'll talk to the waiter and she'll find out everything about the waiter, and then the waiter will mess up something and then she'll apologize to the waiter as if she was the waiter, and then talk to the manager about how the waiter should not be fired.
Speaker 2: Does that make Yeah, I'm gonna tell you that going out to a meal with Chris and Matt is rough because Matt also.
Speaker 1: I love your tattoos. That's color looks so good to you. I'm like, we don't know her. We are here to talk to each other.
Speaker 3: Yea, yeah, Matt and be like how's your mom? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh you're so pretty. I bet you have Italian background. We don't care.
Speaker 3: Just tell me about your first boyfriend. You know he did that to you. Get out of here. God.
Speaker 2: The two of them just went to dinner or something the other day and he wrote me. He's like, oh I just saw Chris. I was like, oh god, y'all even have a conversation. Did you only just talk to the people around you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He was like, yeah, we do do that.
Speaker 3: Well. I have the opposite problem. I was leaving a restaurant on Sunday and I saw Shannon Badoor sitting with her dad and I said hi to her, and then my husband came over and was like, the car is pulled up or leaving you? Like he has to rip me away because then I would just because I want to ask her everything about OC. But like she used to talk to her dad. You know what I mean, what's the same da same Jean Jean. She said to Dan, you know, my dad is ninety six years old, and Dan said, you look really good for ninety six. Yeah, but you could tell the dad was like, I really just want to sit with my daughter. And that's when and I'm glad Dance said that's me. I got in the car and I was like, you're right. He was just sort of like, I, you know what, that's all fun, great show, blah blah blah, like I want to be with my daughter.
Speaker 2: Did you get any information out of her before your husband pulled you away?
Speaker 3: Uh, not too much, but she just was like, you know, it's been it's been a it's a been a heck of a week or two or three or four. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Luckily she's not in the middle of it, so that's good for her.
Speaker 3: I did say, was I like that part of the last episode where her daughter was back on camera. She looks super happy her daughter. And you know what, you could say whatever you want about these women, but I do think when they have kids, you kind of get a sense of like their parenting when you see the adult kids, and it seems like her kids really enjoy nice relationship with her, and they're all kind of independent and happy people.
Speaker 1: I agree, not because the David Badoura will just say that allegedly.
Speaker 3: I would not think so. Okay, kay, I'll love I've always heard that though with Shannon's kids, because I live in the same town. The people have always said her kids are really nice kids. Okay, listen, this is not a shann Badoura podcast. Okay, I'll talk to you later, but