Speaker 1: Hello everyone, Welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. It is Wednesday, July eighth, twelve forty two. Am just got home from another day down on the strip at Paris and Horseshoe for the World Series of Poker Main event Baby Day two D is in the books. That means we are done with all the multiple different days. You know, all the day ones are done, all the Day two's are done. Registration is closed, we know the field size, the numbers are in, we have the prize pool, we have the payouts, all of that sort of stuff. We are going to hit on it on this episode of the Poker Go Podcast. We're also going to talk to or I did talk to him. Going to play those interviews, but Adam Levy and Alex Foxen will be joining us on the show. Caught up with Adam Levy on the last break of the day. Caught up with Alex Foxon at the end of the day. Alex Foxen played a ridiculous hand. I had to ask him about it. We'll run through that one, you know, we'll talk about all the stuff that happened as well. Got a funny story as well that I'll talk about. Maybe maybe two stories at the end of it all, but they do tie in to the main event, so you know, we're gonna have some fun with this episode. As always, if you are looking for some free online poker action, then get your butts over to play Poker Go. Just visit play poker Go dot com slash podcast and that's where you can sign up and get a free one hundred thousand gold bonus to help kickstart your bank roll. We have the numbers, the final tally on entries for the twenty twenty six World Series of Poker Main Event, nine thousand, two hundred and eight entries, every single one of them ponying up ten thousand dollars. That creates a prize pool of eighty five million, six hundred and thirty four thousand, four hundred dollars I believe it's ninety six hundred goes to the prize pool. You know, then there's raking all that sort of stuff that gets taken out. The top thirteen hundred and eighty two places will make the money. Now that could that could fluctuate a little bit when we get down you know, obviously on the the WSP main Event bubble, there are multiple all ins that that can happen on a given hand. Sometimes some players split prizes and all that sort of stuff, So you know, we'll get to that. Of course, I would expect the bubble bursts on Day four. We are heading into Day three. Day three will take place on Wednesday, July eighth. There are three thy two hundred and ninety four players left in the field, so we're gonna need what is it, a little bit less than two thousand of them to bust before we get into the money. On Day two D, eight hundred and twenty late entries were tallied, and that is up from last year's Day two D. I believe, as long as I have the math correct that I ran on the back of this napkin here before depressing the record button. Last year looked like it was seven to seventy six, which is plus five point seven percent year over year. So as I predicted, you know, we had more late entry on Day two on the both Day two s than we did last year. Last year was a little bit over one thousand, like one thousand and fifty one seventy five something like that. It looks like this year was eleven hundred and thirty two, So it went up there. You know, I think there's I think there's more knowledge out there for people realizing how valuable it is to register late. Again. The total number nine thousand, two hundred and eight entries, Yes, that is down from last year's nine thousand, seven hundred and thirty five, but down only five point four percent, you know, And I think once we kicked this things off, you know, I keep going back to that Day one, a number that was down sixteen and a half percent year over year. I thought everyone started to kind of get concerned. There was a lot of chatter, is he even going to break nine thousand? Well, it broke nine thousand. And I'm also gonna pat myself on the back because a few episodes ago I did predict nine thousand, one hundred and seventy seven and it comes in at nine thousand, two hundred and eight. So that was pretty damn close. Min cash in this year's WSP main event as expected fifteen thousand dollars, so one and a half x the buy in if you just get into the money up top ten million dollars, second place six million, third place three point seven five million, fourth place two point seven five million, fifth place two point twenty five million, sixth place, one point seven five million, seventh place, one point five million, eighth place, one point twenty five million, and ninth place at the official final table as they call it, one million dollars. All players at the official final table will be millionaires from this event. Got a long way to go, of course, but feels like now it's it's it's a bit more real. Of course, it's a bit more real than it ever was. We are heading to day three, but now we know what everyone's playing for. All the registration is locked and let's freaking go in this thing. This is the greatest poker tournament in the world. And now we are moving to day three. The player who will take the chip lead into day three is actually hold On. Oh no, sorry, they're just they always trick me with these these recaps. The title of the recap says entrepreneur Je Fenster bags a big stacks, and I just quickly read Jeff Finzer and I said, oh, is he the chip leader? Because I just looked at the chip couns and it was Lorenzo Lavis out of France who has the chip lead. So I was just a little bit confused there. Apologies for that hiccup, but we're leaving it in there because that's how we do. Chip leader Lorenzo Lavis out of France. He bagged eight hundred and eight thousand. That is more than the chip leader from day to ABC, so Lorenzo Lavas is taking the overall chip lead into Day three. He is the only player in the field with more than eight hundred thousand in his stack. He's got three hundred and twenty three big blinds for Day three, eight hundred and eight thousand for Lavis, and the big blind is going to be twenty five hundred. That's out of control. Some other notable stacks big stacks to come out of Day two d Michael Rosito seven hundred and seventy k. He's got three hundred and eight big blinds. Michael Rosito is a very very talented player, very aggressive, will get after it, will pull the trigger if he needs to. That could be a heck of a lot of fun. Another player similar sort of mold to Rosito for Reed Johnton. He bagged six hundred and thirty or two hundred and fifty two biglines. That's gonna be a lot of fun as well. For Reid, having all those chips. TJ Reid. We all know TJ Reid, you know works in the industry, work with Polker dot org, now slid over to do some watip circuit work. He's got the vlog Torching with TJ. Really good. Dude. If you guys haven't checked out his Table one podcast, by the way, you should go check it out because there's a lot of stuff on there that I bet you didn't know about. TJ. Very very good. Listen on the Table one podcast. But TJ Reid he can blast with the best of them too. He'll get after it. He's got five hundred ninety seven K in the bag or two hundred and thirty nine big lines. Aaron Mermelstein bagged a lot five hundred and ten k. Alex Foxen I told you guys we're going to talk to Alex fxon and we are. Alex Foxen bagged almost five hundred thousand, four hundred ninety three thousand and five hundred in the bag. That's just shy two hundred big lines. I saw somewhere else. I think it was on Poker News. Christen Foxen bagged around one hundred and forty or one hundred and fifty K, so she's got a nice looking stack. Heading forward to day three as well, Stevens Song, the player that I can't believe went for his cheap as he did in twenty five K Fantasy's got four hundred and thirty K in the bag. Steven Song probably gonna be scoring another field won us another deep run in the main. One of the best big field nolaman holding players in the world, Steven Song. John Sin former champion of this event, bagged four hundred and three thousand. Ryan Reees, another former champion of this event, bag three hundred and ninety five K. Sean Deeb did some work three hundred and sixty eight K in the bag for him, and David Peters bagged three hundred and sixty five thousand. Of course, there are players that had to bust. Not everyone can make it through. Jonathan Tomaio gone, Ari Engele gone, live Bury gone, Barbara Enright, Kevin Rabbichow, Jeff Mattson, Brent Kenny, Ellie, Elezra, Matt glans Land, Entice, James Ops all eliminated. We also lost Ethan Rampage. Yeah, we lost Daniel Legrandu and we lost Nick Schulman. I only saw Nick Shulman bust that he ran seventh. He was very short. He ran sevens into Queens and that was that. So that's a kind of look at the chip sacks as we go. The players in, the players out, some notable players. All these guys that I talked about bagging big stacks or sorry, all these players I talked about bagging stacks have big stacks. Going into day three, the fields will combine. This is gonna be a heck of a lot of fun. No one has topped the million chip mark. There was a player in the WSP app who it said that he had hit over nine hundred thousand. I know, my friend, my colleague Mickey Doff went over to his table. He checked nowhere near nine hundred thousand. I went over and checked as well, nowhere near nine hundred thousand. So I don't know how that got messed up because the player looked like he had around three hundred thousand or so. So this wasn't like, you know, somebody fat fingered his extra or whatever it was. Maybe the player was just lying in the app. Not cool, buddy, if that was the case. But anyway, no one over a million yet that is for sure going to happen on Wednesday, we will have the first player to hit a million in the WSP main event. I used to love when years ago when this was at the Rio, they always used to do different announcements for certain milestones in the tournament. You know, first player to get to a million, first player to get to five million, or whatever. They would do the announcement where hey, everyone, you are all in one room, and at the time it was the Amazon room, right, you know, everyone like the WSPE minimum champion is in this room, you know, instead of spread out across multiple rooms. Like I love that sort of stuff. I don't know if it's possible, but I'll throw it out there. It'd be great if we had Jeff Platt doing that. I think he would be perfect for it. Just going around just doing these different sort of milestones. I feel like it it helps with the atmosphere in the room, you know, creates that additional buzz stuff like that. I think it's just a cool little touch. First player to hit ten million in chips, you know, all that sort of stuff, like, I think it's just fun. At one point today, you know, when the when the field sides got locked. Jeff Jeff Platt got up there on the WSP countdown stage and he announced the whole thing. Lack of applause from all you guys out there, all you players. I think maybe I think maybe eight people clapped, and I was one of them. So what I mean, come on, there's more than eighty five million dollars in the prize, but in the greatest term in the world, we can't clap for a ten million dollar first place prize? Are we really that desensitized to everything? I mean, come on, people, let's go. This is the World Series of Poker main event.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: I got to get to this hand with Alex Foxen. So Alex is on the main feature all I think all day and he had a big stack. He was doing Alex fox and things, and then this hand comes up. Then win. I believe everyone was calling him Vinnie, who has a bright pink shirt on that has Donald Trump's face on it. He's drinking, slurring his speech at times, looks like he's having a blast. At one point they kind of showed a side shot of him and he's got no shoes on, took a shoes off. So it's just the whole thing. They look there having a blast up there. Right he opens, they're playing it's the it's the six hundred and twelve hundred levels, so whatever level that is, I think that's the third level. The day before dinner break, he opens Jack tennehearts from earlier position, early middle, early position. I think it was early position. Alex Fox in flats ace jack from middle from two seats over a player last name Hayasaki. He re raised from the big blind to sixty five hundred. I believe it went twenty four hundred. Caller might have won twenty five hundred call and then Hyasackey makes it sixty five hundred out of the big one with King six of clubs. I don't think that that's a thing, but it's what happened. And also very very small on the three bet Vin Winn had I think fifty five big blinds total or right around there. Fox and covered Fox and had like over three hundred k. Hiaackey had around one hundred and eighty K. Win just rips it for fifty five k with the Jack ten of hearts, and this is like it's like, well, I'm watching this and I'm like, what the hell is going on fox In like is surprised. He is, like, he doesn't fold right away, He's thinking. He starts hitting Win with some chatter to the point where like I was even wondering, and I know, David Williams said in the commentary, but like, is the chatter even aloud? Because he was kind of asking him what he had? Win was talking back, But there's a third player in the hand, mind you. Eventually Foxen makes the call again, this is for fifty five big blinds. This is just a four bet jam for fifty five big blinds. Fox And calls with Ace jack off. Hayasaki quickly gets out of the way, and when the hands are tabled, then Win's like, oh my god, oh my god, what the heck? I was just trying to squeeze him out. Why did I punt this off? How did you call that? Alex? It was it was a whole scene up there. Fox is just kind of laughing and smiling. He's in an incredible spot. Here board runs out King six' five, ace but it was The king Of hearts and The ace Of hearts on the board up until the. Turn So whin has a royal flush draw going to the river where river Bricks off pairs the board with the six the, spades and when is out the, Door foxton takes that pot gets a nice. Boost who's already very big, stack you. Know after play was, DONE i had to go up to Fox and AND i had to, say, listen, MAN i got to talk to you about this hand BECAUSE i think it's a spot where a lot of, people and honestly likely myself, INCLUDED i do not think THAT i would have been able to find this call even IF i had whatever the Heck alex Fox AND i think he had around three hundred and fifty thousand and chips to start the, Hand so an absolute mountain of, chips you, know but still that's that's a lot of chips there and you just have ace jack. Off but, listen this is Why Alex foxon is one of the absolute best in the, world the best to ever do. It he makes this. CALL i talked to him, about you, know wanting to press what even might be small, edges and how important that is in a field like The World series of pokermon event where a lot of, people you, know because we talk about how good the structure, is some people might just fold the ace jack off and be, like you know, WHAT i don't need to do. THIS i only wasted you know whatever two to three. K it is on the hand and let's just move. On but, No foxen made the call and got a huge jump. There so here is my chat With Alex. Foxhen all, Right, ALEX i got to ask you about the ah Jack jack ten. Hend what was that when the guy Had jack ten suited he went on in for like sixty SOMETHING k and you you contemplated with the ace. JACK i mean it seems like a spot WHERE i mean you obviously kind of read the situation, corrected, right but also like it is a gamble there with the ash, jack, Right so just kind of what's going through your?
Speaker 2: Mind, YEAH i mean it's it's definitely a kind of six. SPOT i think THAT i had played with was his Name viddie for a little bit at this, point and he was definitely on the looser side and you, know willing to make some unconventional, plays AND i took that situation to be one where he looked at my range as, cap which is, correct and the big one was genuine in trying to call and miss click. Raise so it just leaves the action open for him to jam a ton of. Hands he had been opening pretty, wide AND i was pretty confident, that you, know given that he had about SEVENTY, k he had enough room to three bet or four bet technically to a smaller size with some of his more nutted. Hands and, additionally he started to seem pretty uncomfortable WHEN i WHEN i didn't instantly. Fold so THEN i just started to think, that, Yeah i'm gonna have a lot of dominating, hands AND i kind of, thought worst case, Scenario, Yes i'm going to like ninser, eights but there are gonna be some like King jack, Suits jack ran, studits Que jack, suits some more suited aces in. There SO i feel, like with there's still a chunk of dead money in the pot and the fact THAT i probably have the WAY i perceived his, RANGE i THINK i still have an equity advantage with a lot of hands THAT i, Dominate SO, i you, know suddenly make a.
Speaker 1: CALL i think an easy follow up is do you need to take a risk like? That you, know even if it is a kind of a smaller percentage equity, advantage, right if you think you're going to do fairly, well you have a good chip stack, already do you need to press those?
Speaker 2: Edges, YEAH i THINK i think this is a fine line that you walk in the main event where you you, know you don't want to sacrifice too much on your win rate or your ev in the in the tournament by by folding away small, edges because if you do that around the course is you, know five, six, seven eight, days it does that. Up and, additionally at the, TIME i THINK i had like three hundred and FIFTY k or so to start the, Hand so HOW'D i lost this? Pot i'm still like two hundred big lines, deep very, Comfortable so it was a good spot WHERE i was able to withstand a loss there pretty. Easily AND i think if if my stack was, different the decision might have been a lot more. Difficult AND i think there's a higher chance THAT i would have holded HAD i, had say one HUNDRED k instead of you, know three HUNDRED. K so that definitely plays a. Role and it's just one of, yeah one of those spots WHERE i my read was that he was scored the bottom of his, range and you, know when you get it in for with seventy, percent it's a pretty good. Spot so those are spots.
Speaker 3: THAT i. Think it's, like you have to you have to.
Speaker 2: Be willing to. Gamble it is just another. Tournament you have to think the spots as they.
Speaker 1: Come so you guys heard. It there a little bit of insight into the mind of one of the best tournament poker players in the history of the, game hands. Down Alex foxon is that. Dude he is that. Good he's got almost five HUNDRED k going forward to day, three And lord have mercy on everyone who stands in his, way because if this guy can continue to steam roll like. This when he was playing on that beach, TIP i watched maybe let's say forty five minutes total of you, KNOW i was popping in and, out of, course going out to the floor and. WHATEVER i mean it not to take anything away from the other players out, there but it looked like in a al playing with middle schoolers is like playing basketball with middle. Schools it was it was, unreal like he was doing whatever he. Wanted EVEN. J. C tran he got him in one pot where he had a flushtraw he checked back, flop, raised turned like GOT. J. C tran to fold the best hand on the. RIVER i, mean it's just like Even ja Z TRAN. Jayc trann is of course no, slouch And foxen is just up there doing What Alex foxen. Does just tremendous stuff from. Him and if he is as locked in as we always, See Alex foxen has as many chips as he, does just just look. OUT i can already see this one brewing for a deep run For Alex. Foxen WHEN i talked about HOW i busted out of the tournament and HOW i was feeling about my summer and HOW i thought that, overall you, KNOW i played WHAT i consider to be MY a game and one of my best strengths as a poker. PLAYERS i believe THAT i am able to show up and play as close to MY a game as possible on a consistent. Basis, now MY a game is not a lot of really good PLAYERS a games like In Alex. Foxen but What i'm getting at, IS i Think Alex foxen is the player to, me you, know or at least one of a small handful of players THAT i don't ever see him not playing HIS a. GAME i JUST i really just, don't you, know it's like, Him It's Steven. CHIDWICK i kind of think that might be the, LIST i might Throw Jason kuhn in, there BUT i have to like go to What jason kun has said where you know he's he's told me this summer and you guys heard it on the podcast where he was he went into this was to be mad him at this, year and you know he has since, busted but he went into it playing like this was the last ten thousand dollars he had to his name and he had to make it. Work now in that quote or that comment that he, Said i'm looking at the thing he didn't, say which is maybe at other TIMES i didn't play that, way, Right so maybe he wasn't playing HIS a game at times when it comes to some some of the lower buying. Stuff, yes when it's when it's a FIFTY k one HUNDRED k two to FIFTY, k you, Know Jason coon is showing up and it's it's a plus game no matter. What but maybe when he plays some of the lower, stuff he kind of just you, know gets off of his game a little. Bit maybe he's playing A b plus game and that's not AN a. Game but With Alex, FOXEN i just every single time this guy has locked the f in and he looked locking locked in all day on the feature. Table so you, know don't be surprised if we're talking About Alex foxen on you, know day, six day, seven very very deep in this. Tournament another player who bagged chips entering day three Is Adam, levy two hundred and seventy thousand in the. Bag per his social. MEDIA i was following his media throughout this. Tournament he's just SOMEBODY i, follow so it pops up a. Lot he said that this was his twentieth W sup main. Event that's cool as. SHIT i also know That Adam levy has been a part of some pretty epic moments in The World series Of poker main. Event you, know he was famously involved in a phil help me blow up when he had The queen ten and help me say honey he called me with The queen. Ten you know that whole, Clip, yeah that Was Adam. Levy there was another clip involving Jeanre Barat balhon where jenerre Barat balon thought that he thought that he won the hand or hand in the hand locked, UP i think on the, term But Adam levy was, like oh, no, no like you, know he can hit whatever and then of course the guy hits. It that Was Adam, levy like pointing it out TO. Jrb in twenty, Ten Adam levey finished twelfth in this event for six hundred and thirty thousand or something like. That SO i mean he's had a bunch of other cases as, well so he's you, know he goes by Ruthless Adam Adam, levy he's super fun, guy and you know he was good to chat with. Him he at one, point you, know he he spun up a big. Stack you, know he had kind of, whatever let's, say seventy to eighty k or, SO i MEAN i could be off there a little, bit but then all of a, sudden he was, like you, KNOW i just hit a crazy rush of cards boom, boom boom.
Speaker 3: All the way.
Speaker 1: Up SO i wanted to go chat with him see how he was. Doing so let's get to.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 1: Now here is my chat on the last break of the, day so there was still one level to. Go but HERE i am chatting With Adam. LEE i saw you put on twitter twentieth main. Event, Yeah, LIKE i, Mean bookie's coming every, year you keep coming. Back why.
Speaker 3: It's just the best turnament on the, planet like there's no other tournament or you even get two hour levels and sixty thousand. Chips you get people that you're playing with their first tournament, ever and then like from around the, world like it's probably he, Like i'm actually curious on those, stats like how many countries every? Year but it's off and that's awesome AND i love, it and everyone's usually pretty, friendly and then it just escalates and it gets more and more. Tense there's chips, flying players you've never even seen before just. Blasting it's.
Speaker 1: Awesome you've been on a little bit of a rush. TODAY i also saw you put that on social. Media how do you juggle the enjoyment of a? Rush but, also and in your, case you have some history with going deep knowing that there's still so much tournament, left so you've got to kind of keep yourself calm and.
Speaker 3: Collected, Yeah i'm not gonna. LIE i wasn't really that calm the last hour or. SO i was just kind of like it was a bit of adrenaline in this, case BECAUSE i like had BEEN i think my peak in the tournament was like ninety k and like THEN i was at the bottom And i'm dejected and then all of a, sudden within forty five, MINUTES i seven x my. Stack, yeah SO i WAS i was pretty, happy but, like you, know yeah, EXACTLY i was telling, myself all, right we Can we're here, now we have a nice. Stack we can calm. Down there's a long ways to, go but you, know you still have to enjoy it the. Ride you've had a lot of history in this. Event you got The queen ten, hand the famous hand Against.
Speaker 1: Helmuth of, course you had a deep run in twenty ten OUT i believe for twelfth place. There how do you kind of think about your place in history in regards to THE wsb main.
Speaker 3: EVENT i, mean it's just funny you say that because someone a GUY i played with my like the beginning of Day seaton, one he was, like that's like a historic. Hand he was, like you're The queen ten. Yea that's LIKE i was, LIKE i, MEAN i DON'T i, GUESS i don't. KNOW i haven't really ever really considered. It but like the fact that it's eighteen years later from that That queen ten hand and people are just like you're that guy and they still know, it and it's it's pretty. COOL i think was it you And remco did the like, rankings it was like OR i think got. THIRTEENTH i was like top one hundred hands of all time or. WHATEVER i was, like, yeah it's pretty. Cool so, YEAH i MEAN i didn't know, that by the, way a little bit of lower like it was a it was A Vanessa russo, quote LIKE i didn't even make it up BECAUSE i Guess i'm like tuplus two she said it. Was i'm sorry it was an aggressive call on. It it's like you can't really make a call that's. Aggressive it's like kind of an. Oxymoron SO i just kind of used it and like help, you like you could see how white hot he. Is so, YEAH i MEAN i guess in a way like you, know you just say something silly and it just sticks And helmet was. There it was. Awesome, yeah so it's super, Cool Like I'm I'm i'm happy with. That even the genre bear ball on, hand that's actually like the one where he just doesn't realize that he's drunk dead AND i have to tell. Him, Yeah like the main event is definitely a part of my, life regardless of IF i ever have Another Deep run or. Not AND i love it what keeps the dream. ALIVE i Guess i've always loved tournaments of just about any, kind like whether it's magic urns growing, up or just like just the idea that you start from scratch for any tournament and then it just kind of builds and builds, builds and like emotionally or, monetarily it's JUST i love that. Stuff and always just seeing people different, people you, know it's just.
Speaker 1: Like a.
Speaker 2: The people that you.
Speaker 3: Meet it's like it's not like they're all like very nut, special but like they're all. Interesting AND i love, that you, know just being around people and also just playing poker at the deep stack you can in any tourna, whatever it's.
Speaker 2: Awesome so we're heading.
Speaker 1: Into the last level of day. Two you got a good. Stack do you feel like you're ready for another deep?
Speaker 3: RUN i, don't, like you, know LIKE i, was the adrenaline was kind of pumping a little. Bit, YEAH i don't want to get ahead of. Myself But i'm always, Ready Like i'm always, like let's, go let's get in the, money let's build a. Stack you. KNOW i had a couple LIKE i had a stint in like the two thousands WHERE i had some, cash LIKE i had cashed it, again and it is like you just you, know you just feel the energy and it, builds and LIKE i keep saying, that but, Yeah I'm i'm, ready you, know let's.
Speaker 1: Go you can definitely tell with with players like him who have been there before and they've run deep in this, event you, know similar to What Tony dunk was saying on the last, episode it's like you want it again and you get a sense of what it, takes, yes and you know it's of course. Hard you Heard adam talk about how that a gentleman does start, pumping you, know you kind of start to feel. It but on the flip side of, things it's only at the time it was day. Two now we're going into day. Three there's a long tournament to. Go there's a full let's, say one point two days of play left before this tournament even hits the. Money, like so more than a full day of play is, left BECAUSE i don't think they're gonna, Man i'm pretty sure they're not gonna hit the money on day. Three they usually don't usually happens early on on day. Four so you have a day and then some you know to get there and we talked about on the last, episode how many of The day TWO abc chip leaders don't even run super. Deep you, know some might, cash one player didn't, cash you, know and you're bagging you, know six, seven eight HUNDRED, k and you're you're not even making the, Money, like how is that? Possible, well it's, poker and it's poker tournament and crazy stuff. Happen and then speaking of Those day TWO d chip, leaders AS i talked about with The day TWO abc chip leaders and how they fare going. Forward sankim last year seven hundred ninety nine, thousand ultimately finished in eleven hundred and sixty fifth place for seventeen, thousand five, hundreds so he got the. Cash the year before, that it Was Alex livingston who was who of course made the final table of this event before he bagged seven hundred and FIFTY K day TWO d overall chip lead finished in two hundred ninety fifth for forty FIVE k the year before. THAT i believe this is the best we've had for A day two chip leader in the last four. Years Maurice hawkins bagged nine hundred and forty one, thousand went on to finish in thirty fifth. Place for two hundred and eighty thousand. Dollars year before, that twenty twenty, Two mohammed Abdel raheem bagged nine hundred and thirty six, thousand finished in one hundred and sixth place for sixty two thousand and five one hundred. Dollars so it's easy to get caught up in the fact, that, yeah you bag the chip. Leader you've got a pile of, chips you're sitting on three hundred plus big, bins and you can, think, okay Like i'm a lock for top one hundred or whatever it may. Be and it's that's the furthest thing from from the case. Here so you, know of course we'll keep an eye on the chip leaders as we do going, forward and we'll see how they fare as with everyone. Else but it just always seems to be the case, that you, know someone comes out of the pack from elsewhere and starts to, uh starts to steal the thunder and make a run this. Thing so the story THAT i wanted to tell you guys from day two d of the main. Event so it's it's the end of the, night it's the, uh the time when all the servers start loading up their trays with. Beers you, know it. Started this, started you, know several years, ago the beer love the last level of the, night especially towards the very, end everyone's starting to order some, beers kind of celebrate the fact that they're about to make the, bag they're going to advance to the next, day all that sort of. Stuff and it got to the point, where you, know everyone started ordering beers that some of the servers would just go in the back and just get the beers and put them on their tray and then walk, out walk around and pass them. Out, Right so now it's a customed, that you, know all the servers go back to the, back they just fire up the beers and then they go out there because they know a bunch of people are going to be ordering them and celebrating the fact that they're about to hit the end of the night and advance one day. Further in THE wsp main, event there was a server who came over by WHERE i was standing next To Mickey, dofft and the server put the tray of, ABOUT i don't, know fourteen fifteen beers on the like the railing of one of the side feature, tables and then he was passing out the beers right, Well mickey AND i are standing let's, say six to eight feet away from where this tray. IS a gentleman Who i'm going to Name Benjamin krauss gets up from the table that was sitting right. There he walks over to this tray of beers and he takes a beer off of. It the server is not, around because the server's out in the field delivering. Beers he takes a beer off of. It when he takes the beer, off the tray becomes uneven and the whole thing tips over smashes on the. Ground there's like twelve beers that just go freaking. Everywhere they're all Over mickey AND i and this guy is looking at me And i'm looking at, him AND i just straight up pointed him AND i say it was, him Because i'm not taking any sort of blame for. This i'm looking At. Mickey mickey's just got his arms out to the, side, like what the heck just. Happened there's beer all over my, shoes in my. Pants the server comes back over and looks at, me AND i point again to, cry this guy Been Jam, krause And i'm like it was. Him Benjamin, crouse mind, you has his beer in, hand just quietly turns, around walks five feet back over to his, chair takes the sip of his, beer sits back, down hoodie, on and just goes about playing the final few hands to. NIGHT i didn't. LISTEN i could have not heard, it BUT i didn't hear an. APOLOGY i didn't hear any sort of offer to help clean it. UP i mean it was just the servers just kind of looking, around like what the heck's going? On there's beer all over the, Floor the tray is all over the, floor cups are all over the. FLOOR a couple of the dealers that weren't currently, working like some of the feature table dealers who were sitting around, waiting you, know they're coming, over like what the heck's going? On is this guy gonna help people clean? Up some of the floor staff comes over like what is he gonna? Help like what is he gonna say? Anything Like, no he just sat down and just kept. PLAYING i, mean, what what what the?
Speaker 3: Heck?
Speaker 1: Like you could have. LISTEN i know you don't want to misshands in thews be main, Event, yes BUT i don't, know could you show a little more for what the heck you just? Did mickey AND i got beer all over our pants and. Shoes there's beer all over the. Floor everyone's got to clean it. Up you're not even offering to. Help you're not like pulling out one hundred dollars and being, like, Hey i'm, SORRY i gotta play these. Hands here's a hundred bucks for a tip for you, guys BECAUSE i just made a freaking. Mess not to, MENTION i spilled all these damn beers all over the. Place like, WELL i mean WHAT i don't. Understand where are people's? Manners, honestly where are people's? MANNERS i, mean, seriously this was just an absurd. Situation and like the fact that like he just sat there and just like face the, table so his back is then to where all this, happened and like didn't turn, around didn't say, hey, Guys i'm, Sorry like if you leave, It i'll help you clean it. Up just let me play these last four or five hands whatever it, Is, like there was none of, That LIKE i just Don't and on top of, it he's just sipping the. Beer then he took off this. Stray i'm, like what what is going? ON i JUST i, MEAN i could not believe that that absolutely. Happened it was simply, outrageous an absolutely outrageous. Move And Benjamin, KRAUSMAN i, mean come, on just do better with. That, please just at least an, apology for the love Of. God the other story THAT i wanted to. Tell AND i don't know If i've still told this story before on the. Podcast MAYBE i, have MAYBE i have him but if, not, Whatever i'll tell it. Again So i'm standing again With. MICKY i actually went to check in on a. Player micky happen to be standing right there because he's doing some of the running for. Producing and then another player comes walking over to me and he says, Hello AND i recognize the, player you know, him AND i say hello every once in. Ahile It's Scott. Lanzarre Scott, lazar of, course made The discipy main event final table backing in two thousand and five When Joe hasham won. It So scott says, HELLO i say hello. Back he's Got if you remember What Scott lazar looked like back, then he looks a little bit different now he's got a beard and it's a white. Beard he also had a bucket head on shout out to the No gamble In No future bucket. Hats he had that. On he also had some sunglasses. On micky didn't recognize him right. Away he AND i just start. Chatting scott's, like, oh by the, way because were You were you at that table in the back Of Caesar's palace on the night of The Heads? Upturn AND i said, Yes scott when when we hit the bad beat? Jackpot he said. Yes and back in twenty, FOURTEEN i, believe was the year The National heads Of Poker championship was about to happen and it was taking place At caesar's and they had the draw party At Pure. Nightclub after they had the draw party and we were all, there a bunch of us went to The Caesars poker room and we fired up a game OF i believe it was one. Three we were playing one. Three there might have been some straddles on who the heck? Knows but in the game are me my good? Friend and who was my boss at the time or? He maybe he was my boss at the, TIME i can't. Remember maybe he was already working For, prokers But Gary gates was in the field or in the. Mix Chris moneymaker was at the, Table Joe hasham was at the, Table Jason mercier was at the. Table of, Course scotland was at the. Table Mari Es, candani who is now my, boss was at the. Table Eric, morris the publisher Of bluff, magazine he was at the, table and Then Jason Alexander george From seinfeld was also at the. Table and we're playing this game and we hit the Bad beat, jackpot which at the TIME i think was just ten thousand, dollars was capped at, it and you know whoever got their shares of, IT i got five hundred BUCKS i think it. Was But Jason mercier wasn't at the table because he went to the bathroom and could not Get he came back and we had hit the. Jackpot and, yeah the the hand that caused the jackpot to be. Hit the flop was four, deuce, deuce somebody had, deuces somebody had pocket, force turn was a four boom and we got the we got we got the Bad beat. Jackpot so do you imagine hitting a Bad beat jackpot with that sort of? Lineup so we're IN i don't know if you guys know what the Old Caesars Poker room or WHAT i think might be the Current Caeesars poker, room BECAUSE i don't think went back to. It but it had this little kind of section that was an upper level where it HAD i think three, tables maybe four. Tables it was like a step up and it was railed off a little. Bit that's where kind of the higher stakes games played and the room is like kind of full and, us you, know being with all these players are up there and we're the ones out of all the people in the room that hit the bad beat. Jack it was we kind of annoyed everyone else that was there that, night but that was that was a fun. Story also at the. TABLE i have to of course give credit because the story is online because of One Paul. Harris. Uh he you, know he did some work in the media for poker And Paul. Harris if you guys go to harrisonline dot com you can find this story on. There he talks about it all and about hitting the hitting the bad beat. Jackpot. There so, too two fun, stories, uh from the. Night But scotlands are you know he's still in the. TOURNAMENT i believe he. Was he was talking to me for a While he's, like, YEAH i don't really want to play any. HANDS i just want to make it till to uh to the. Bags and if you remember back when he made that found, Table scott was gambling up a freaking storm at that found. Table is going. Nuts so, Call i'll give you a gamble like that whole. Thing but very much a different and a changed player these days Is. Scotlandzar but nice as. Heck that guy really like him out, there so we'll see if he does. Well So Benjamin kraus gotta do a little bit better with the. Manners Scott, Lanzar, Call i'll give you a, gamble, baby all, right that's gonna do. It for this episode of The Poker Go, podcast shout out To Rich ryan for the. Producing my name Is Donny peters AND i will talk to you guys next.
Speaker 3: Time