Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform on it in for Dan.
Speaker 2: Today, I saw this duphole that Senator Mike Lee posted, and it's it's somewhat interesting because when you look at numbers of which voting demographics tend to go liberal tend to go conservative, it usually matches up that people who've gone to college and have college degrees tend to vote democrat or a liberal. It is a problem I would say that we've had for a long time now. Plenty of people don't fit that demographic. I have a college degree, and I'm young, and I'm a woman, a woman, and I'm not a Democrat.
Speaker 3: So certainly there's people who don't fit in that box.
Speaker 2: But this poll was really interesting because it was showing let's see, it only polls. Well, and maybe this is just the only part that Mike Lee posted, but it was only showing white men, white women with a college degree and without a college degree, okay, And it was showing the difference in their opinions of Donald Trump, J. Dvance, Elon Musk Doge, the Republican Party, Zelenski Dei, and the Democratic Party. Kind of this very interesting section of things it was asking voters their opinion on. But here is the thing that I particularly thought was interesting. When you look at white men with a college degree, they do not like the Republican Party or the Democratic Party. But the Democratic Party has fallen quite a lot with this demographic. So the Republican Party is minus eleven, so basically like underwater by eleven points in white men with college degrees opinions, but the Democratic Party underwater by thirty eight points minus thirty eight. This is fairly incredible when you look at election polls that usually show white men with college degrees often will vote more on the Democrat side, but not at all in this specific opinion poll. Now, women with college degrees very very different story. Democrat Party still underwater though by four points. That Republican Party underwater by thirty five points. With that demographic, which certainly matches up with what normally happens. White women with college degrees tend to not like the Republican Party at all. But what is also fairly interesting to me is that going back to white men with college degrees, they were plus one on Donald Trump, even though they were minus eleven with the Republican Party. So they particularly apparently maybe changing their opinion of Republicans conservatives through the lens of Donald Trump. That's very interesting, showing the trajectory perhaps of what may or may not happen over the coming years. I have talked before about how I think the Republican Party is going to need to figure out what to do when Donald Trump is no longer the head of the party, no longer the president, and we are of course talking years down the road, but he's been such a pivotal figurehead in the party. Is some demographics moving towards the party because of him, some demographics moving away from the party because of him, but more moving towards the party than against it.
Speaker 3: But still the.
Speaker 2: Party's going to have to figure out exactly what to do because despite a lot of politicians' opinion that they can be the next Donald Trump, no one really is going to be able to fit that bill.
Speaker 3: He is a unique individual.
Speaker 2: But anyway, poll again cited by Senator Mike Lee on Twitter today just showing the difference of opinion among different groups of people on this broad swath of issues. Elon Musk also kind of funny getting a plus thirty three from white men with no degree and then a minus forty on the opposite end from white women with a college degree. So it's a giant, giant difference. You also see the Republican Party itself being a plus twenty five with white men who have no college degree and a min thirty five with white women with a college degree.
Speaker 3: So those, of course, are.
Speaker 2: The two groups with the most difference, is white men with no college degree and white women with a college degree, So that difference has not changed in a long time. I think a lot of it, though, points to what's.
Speaker 3: Going on in our institutions of higher education.
Speaker 2: If you look at all races who have college degrees versus all races who dumped, you see a giant difference push toward the liberal side from practically every group that had a college degree. Like, what does that tell you about what colleges are most likely teaching and pushing people towards. I really don't think that is a surprise, and everyone knows that. What I find to be interesting is the potential movement among white men with college degrees more against the Democratic Party. Now, we see that the Democratic Party, according to a lot of analysts, experts, even their own politicians, saying that they really have no idea what to do right now with Trump and what he's doing. You see them trying out a whole lot of types of messaging to see what might stick.
Speaker 3: But last time I was hosting the show.
Speaker 2: Probably about a week and a half ago, I was talking about how not only do they have a messaging problem right now, they really don't know how to combat Trump. We saw that illustrated in the Joint Congressional Address when they objected to absolutely everything that Donald Trump talked about, even those eighty twenty issues that the majority of people want to support, like kicking violent criminals who are illegally in our country out of our country, for example. But I think you also see the Democrats having a policy problem. They don't know what to contrast Trump's policies with. Because usually if you're going to say, oh, you know, terrible policy, we don't want to do this in the US, you need to have a contrasting policy that gives a different option, a different opinion. More hope to people, and they just haven't haven't settled on it yet, and I'm okay with that. I think probably a lot of our listeners are okay with that. But we'll see if they ever find a way to get it together. Not yet is the answer, and their numbers are therefore dropping among demographic groups where they typically enjoy a lot of support, and again even white women with college degrees, that Democrat Party was underwater by four points, which is unusual for them, usually very very popular among that demographic.
Speaker 3: If you have thoughts on why.
Speaker 2: This is going on or anything else, you can call in eight five five four zero five eight two five five. I'm Christy Burton Brown in for Dan Kaplis today a number of topics to cover. We're going to have several interviews from some pretty interesting people. All three of them are elected officials here in Colorado, but on very different levels. The first one I'm going to bring on about ten minutes from now, actually is going to be Nancy Rumfeldt. She is a member of the school board up in Larimer County.
Speaker 3: She'll let us know what's going on there.
Speaker 2: She's actually gotten a lot of media attention for wearing a shirt that says real women rock. You might think this, what could be the problem with that state? Well, think about what the LGBTQ lobby might think of a statement like that when they are focused on transgender boys playing in girls sports. She can fill you in on exactly what's going on, but the other members of her school board are trying to punish her from for exercising her freedom of speech to give her opinion on women and what a real woman is. So we'll bring her onto the show. She can update us about what's going on. And I think here's the important point in why I wanted to actually bring her on the show. She's going to talk about what parents need to look for in their school districts across the state. This is not an insular issue that's just going on in her district. There's some information that might surprise parents and notify them about what they need to watch for, where they can speak out, and what they can change in their own districts. Because Colorado is actually in a pretty bad spot right now with CHASSA, the sports organization in the state, telling the school districts that they need to allow transgender athletes to compete in the sport of their choice, and yet that is absolutely contrary to the Title nine direction coming from the federal government saying that school districts in fact don't have to do that and can allow just biological girls and girls sports and biological boys in boy sports. So Nancy will fill us in on some more details with that later on. We're also going to have this will actually be in the next hour. Representative Jarvis Caldwell, who's been sponsoring a lot of the law enforcement criminal justice bills, the ones that actually crack down on crime and help victims, and they've been killed by the legislature up to now. What I really want him to talk about is a bill that was heard last night until one point thirty in the House Judiciary Committee. This is a bill sponsored by Democrats, and by the way, they laid it over so there hasn't actually been a vote on it yet.
Speaker 3: They're going to vote on it later.
Speaker 2: But they would actually eliminate the one of the crimes classified under attempted first degree murder, reclassify it, and let people off in one to four years for attempting murder. I know one of the people who testify last night or maybe in the early morning ours was a survivor of the Club Q shooting, who obviously had attempted first degree murder committed against him, and yet the Democrats in this committee we're seeking to lessen that crime. So those are some things you have to look forward to on the show today. I'm going to take a break. You can call in over the break eight five five four zero five eight two five five.
Speaker 3: I'm Christy Burton Brown. You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dan Kapla Show podcast.
Speaker 2: It's or things you should watch out and make sure you speak up about. In that context, I'm going to bring in Nancy Rumfeldt to the Dan Kapola Show. She is on a school board up north. I'm gonna let her tell you about it. And like I said before the break, she has gotten in trouble with the other people on the board for wearing a shirt that I think we would all agree with. It says real Women Rock.
Speaker 3: Nancy. Welcome to the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 5: Thank you Christy for having me on. I'm still I'm still trying to understand all of the uproar and the emails that have been flooding in since I wore a shirt at the February meeting up here in the Thompson School District, which is like the Loveland birthed area.
Speaker 3: Yes, and it just it.
Speaker 5: Really seems to center around from everything I can gather that the transgender community, the parents, family, they want, they expect to be viewed and seen as real women. And I'm not certain how to get around that, because the reality is you're you're either born with with one part or the other part, and no matter what you do to change that, you're still you're still always for ever going to be a transman or a trans woman.
Speaker 2: Well, and no, to your point, like biology doesn't lie like these a lot of these people who are on the liberal side, who are against you for years and decades have said, oh, listen to science, listen to science. Science is king, and then when science doesn't prove them right, they somehow want people to ignore it.
Speaker 5: Exactly. Plus many of them have been sending me science lessons on how many different possible chromosome combinations there are, and I just keep telling you know, that's not relevant to this discussion. This discussion is about fairness for biological girls and transgender girls who play sports. And I've also been told that it's an outdated notion that men are stronger than women.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, that's so ridiculous, as a lot of people who listen to the show. No, I'm a constitutional lawyer, and I filed brief on behalf of a bunch of female athletes, over one hundred female athletes anywhere from junior high girls who play sports to Olympic gold medalists who signed on to this brief. And one of the main arguments this brief makes is when biological men or boys are allowed to play in biological women or.
Speaker 3: Girls' sports, it harms them. And one of the ways is.
Speaker 2: Physical, because all of these characteristics that are built into us from creation based on our biological gender do lead to boys and men being stronger. It's really indisputable. Despite what people apparently are sending to you over email, Nancy, oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: I have I will give them credit for the creative ways they have described my intelligence, my looks I'm a.
Speaker 3: Biggot sounds a good valid argumentation.
Speaker 5: Creative.
Speaker 2: I mean that's where you go when you don't have a real argument, that is.
Speaker 5: Where you go. And it's also they keep bringing up all of these exceptions and the one thing that's true. Whenever you have lots of exceptions to the rule, there is.
Speaker 3: No rule exactly.
Speaker 5: So it's almost they want anything and everything to be.
Speaker 3: Accepted.
Speaker 5: And here in Colorado this.
Speaker 4: Isn't just a.
Speaker 5: Thompson School District issue, because we have all of these laws, state laws that require that you know, transgenders have all of a lot of the same discrimination laws apply to them as it does for you know, sexual orientation. Now we have gender identity, all of these things, and so it's in conflict with Title nine right at the federal level. So like it or not, every school district needs to be discussing and deciding and parents need to be aware that either a school district complies with Title nine and doesn't allow biological boys males to be to participate in girls' sports so they can keep their federal funding and then have to deal with pushing back with the state and so forth, or they say no, we're just we're just going to comply with the state laws, and then it's like, well, how are we going to replace the federal funding that.
Speaker 6: Will be lost?
Speaker 5: And it will be lost. They're very clearly that's what they've done. In Maine, They're they're serious and so, and that includes sharing locker rooms. The Title nine court ruling also covered sharing locker rooms. It did, and you know, you know, for me, it's been a while since I was in junior high, middle school, but I still remember just the horror of having to dress undressed for pe in front of other girls. I can't imagine the trauma of a girl having to do that in front of a biological boy who says he identifies as a girl, right, I mean, I just I can't. As they always go on and on about all the trauma that kids experience and that's why they, you know, have all these mental health issues and we need all this counseling without ever any recognition, well, how much of that trauma is the education system responsible.
Speaker 3: For, right?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 2: And sometimes they you know, claim to care about one particular person at the expense of all the other kids, and so they are creating exponentially more issues than they, you know, think they're solving.
Speaker 5: Right, And then they go on, you know, they love to quote the NCAA testimony that says there's only ten transgenders, you know, competing in the entire state country. But that's just simply not true. The other thing that's true because because I can't give name specific names, they say, well they then they're like, well, then it's not true, and it's like, well, you know as well as I do. It breaks the law.
Speaker 3: If I say, yeah, you're not allowed to do that.
Speaker 5: It is name right, say that they're transgender, well exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you're between a rock and heartsquat exactly well.
Speaker 5: And the parents who have been commenting are being called liars wow, because they can't say the names.
Speaker 2: They know it right exactly, and so they ask for evidence that isn't allowed to be given legally, and then say people are lying and Nancy, we have about thirty seconds left before I have to go to break. So this is Nancy rum Rum fault from the Thompson School District. If you could take thirty seconds basically and give parents advice on what they can do in their district.
Speaker 5: Be involved as to see what their policy is under ac for discrimination. Do they have a gender transition plan they'll do without their permission? Do they know about on overnight sports trips that their child could be put in a room with someone of the opposite biological sects? They can say no, these are things parents need to be aware of and they need to say enough, we need to have a fair discussion rational I've how to deal with this issue fairly.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Nancy. It's a great advice for parents.
Speaker 2: Been listening to Nancy Rumfeldt Christy Britton Brown on the Dankpla Show calling over the break if you have thoughts of what's going on in our school districts with transgenders playing in girls sports.
Speaker 3: Eight five five four zero five eight two five five. If you're on the Dan Kapla.
Speaker 4: Show, you're listening to the Dan Kapliss Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Nancy Rumfeldt, a member of the Thompson School District, was giving parents important information about what might be going on in your school district because there is a conflict in some of Colorado's guidance or by sports organizations, some laws, some anti discrimination laws in Colorado, and then the title nine the law when it comes to boys playing in girls sports or the other way around.
Speaker 3: You just don't tendency.
Speaker 2: The other way around tappen very often, but there are a lot of issues involved with this is even go into girls' locker rooms. Jefferson School District had a huge issue, as many of you know with a boy sleeping in the room of a girl on a field trip. Jefferson School districtually filled with a ton of really bad issues with kids. I think if your kid is in that district, you may want to seriously consider getting them out and finding a different school. It's one of the great reasons that Colorado has open enrollment laws. You actually don't have to go to your signed neighborhood school. Not only are you allowed to, of course, pick a charter school, private school, homeschool, but you can just cross district lines and go to a school that better fits your child. So Nancy Rumfeldt gave parents a lot of good advice and information on what you can check on in your schools and see what your children may be being exposed or subjected to, and how you can work on ending that.
Speaker 3: Let's move to a different issue.
Speaker 2: Though there's been a lot of information about ice and sanctuary state and city status in Colorado constantly in the news.
Speaker 3: Maybe some people thought.
Speaker 2: It would die down when Mike Johnson, the Denver mayor, went up to Congress and testified. If that's what the mayor was hoping for, that's certainly not what happens. He told Aaron Burnett that he wasn't aware of an illegal immigrant who was released by police and then attacked ICE agents in a parking lot. This has actually become one of the big issues that's gone on in Denver. I'll talk about it a little bit after I play this clip party.
Speaker 6: The ICE officers got assaulted, didn't he?
Speaker 3: I reviewed the video.
Speaker 6: I had to taze the guy. Didn't he like my answer? Sir, no, I'd like you answer. Did they tase him?
Speaker 7: I know that there were six officers done multiple tasers.
Speaker 6: It was not safer for the ICE agents who are part of your community. No way was it safer. The safest thing to do is to say, Ice, we got him in custody, come here, we're releasing. We held him three hundred and forty five days. We can't hold him a second longer. We can't wait for you to come inside the building. We got to let him go, so you have to rest him in the parking lot. That is how stupid Sankstuary policies are.
Speaker 8: I know you're obviously going to take issue or Umbridge with the way that he presented it, but does does he have a point? Does That's a situation of what happened in that case in Denver show something that must change.
Speaker 7: I mean, we've had an established policy to do this. We've done it twelve hundred and twenty six times and never had an issue. What happens is if we have someone in our custody that ICE wants access to, they ask for a notification, we notify when they'll be released, and where we are different than some of the other cities today and that we do actually notify ICE so they can pick them up. This is the first time I've ever been where there's been an incident. There were six ICE officers there. The individual was unarmed. We walked him right out into a secure location that's a parking lot that's fenced where he can be detained. And so again it's worked safely before. I've reached out to ICE. We're going to meet with them next week. If there are procedures we can adjust to make it safe, and we're open to that. But this has been a procedure that's worked for a long long time. We've never had an issue until this week.
Speaker 2: Okay, as Mayor Mike Johnson get first, they played you a clip from Congress with him getting questioned about this situation, and then his answer to Aaron Burnett asking if.
Speaker 3: Well, do they have a point that maybe.
Speaker 2: I llegal immigrant he's committed a violent crime shouldn't be turned over to ICE in a parking lot where not only could they attack ICE officers, but they also could get away, run away, go back into the communities. And despite the mayor saying, oh, we've never had issues with this before, we notify ICE unlike so many other cities.
Speaker 3: It's very interesting that this is.
Speaker 2: The picture he's continuing to choose the paint of Denver when Denver is defined by nonpartisan national organizations as one of the sanctuary cities, one of the biggest sanctuary cities in the United States. When that status that Denver has is what caused the Venezuela TDA gang to declare Denver as their US headquarters. They wouldn't do that in a non sanctuary city. And Denver itself has passed specific city ordinances making the city a sanctuary city, banning their law enforcement from coordinating with ICE in multiple ways. So the fact that that is a law in Denver, in addition the state law that prevents even more coordination with ICE in reporting to ICE data sharing with ICE. There's a street different state laws that affect Colorado sanctuary state status. But Denver has even gone further and past their own laws. And yet the mayor is saying, oh, no, we do report to ICE, unlike a whole lot of other cities. Well, then they must be violating their own city ordinances. Now I agree with them reporting into ICE. Here's the problem, though, You've got to change your law if that's what you're doing, because technically your law makes you a sanctuary city and bans cooperation with ICE. So very interesting the mayor is claiming they're doing something that they're technically not allowed to do under city or state law. Now what's also interesting is he is trying to stress the point to that, oh no, we really do report to ICE every time before we release someone. Okay, well, let's look at this specific situation when a violent criminal was released and ICE was notified. You know what, do you know what kind of notification they got? It was over email ninety minutes before he was going to be released in a parking lot. If you call that good coordination and good notification, I think you have a real problem with processes and facts. So the fact that the Mayor's like, well, okay, we'll go ahead and meet with ICE and we'll be open to adjusting policies. No one in their right mind would say that is an actual coordination policy at all. To give ninety minutes over an email and say that someone's going to be released and then turn them over in a parking lot, So a whole lot needs to change in Denver. Top of the list would be the law that allows all of this to happen and allows Denver to handle it however they want, because technically they don't have to do it at all. So interesting that the mayor still wants to go around and defend the policies claim maybe he'll change them. What he needs to address is whether or not he would support changing the law in Denver to require law enforcement to actually report the release of violent criminals from Denver jails to ICE agents the Department of Homeland Security, so that they can be taken out of Denver, out of Colorado, and out of the country.
Speaker 3: This is a very popular thing.
Speaker 2: Over seventy percent of Americans, I think it's closer to eighty percent according to a recent poll, believe that violent criminals should be deported out of America if they were illegally here in the first place. This is not a part of an issue because guess what, eighty percent of Americans are not all Republicans or Conservatives. This is a common sense American issue. We don't want violent criminals who have no right to be here staying in our communities, and we do expect our cities, our state, our law enforcement to actually cooperate in a way that would take these people out of our communities once they're released from jail.
Speaker 3: You can call in anytime if you have thoughts.
Speaker 2: Eight five to five four zero five eight two five five. I'm Christy Burton Brown here on the dan kaplis show. Another interesting point of someone trying to backtrack and explain away their position. Senator Chuck Schumer, the leader of the Democrats in the Senate, attempting to explain why he changed his mind almost last minute and signed onto the Continuing Resolution bill.
Speaker 3: Here is a reason that he gives Parry.
Speaker 6: The ice officers got assaulted.
Speaker 3: Didn't he I reviewed the video?
Speaker 6: Had the guy didn't?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 2: I think the that is actually the wrong clip for you. Let me try the Schumer talking about this government shut That's.
Speaker 6: Why I did it.
Speaker 9: I wasn't going to take this flat just for having a lot of fun. The bottom line is the government shutdown works like this, All government spending is stopped all and then the executive branch Trump, Musk, Doge and this really evil man people don't know about Vote, who's head of OMB. His name is Vote.
Speaker 10: That's what happens.
Speaker 9: Is the Office of Management budget, which determines the spending, and they could cut off anything they want simply by saying it's not essential.
Speaker 2: So his real reason to agree to not show the shut down the government is because they're evil people behind the scenes who will then make all the decisions, and he simply couldn't let that happen. Here's something else he said about the Trump administration that I think is fairly unique.
Speaker 9: They hate the government.
Speaker 2: They want there we are they hate the government. That's why they are in government is because they hate the government.
Speaker 3: Doesn't make a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: But I also think a lot of our listeners don't really love the government either, So it's not necessarily a reason to do something or to criticize someone is to say, well, because they hate the government, therefore they're going to do awful things. There's no question that the government, both at the state and federal levels, needs to be cut. There's a ton of waste, ton of inefficiency, ton of bureaucracy, and the fact that Trump promised to cut a lot of that is actually one of the reasons he won, and not only the electoral College, but the popular vote for one of the first times in a long time for Republican presidential candidate.
Speaker 3: People don't like the government either and wanted someone in there to shake it up.
Speaker 2: So Mayor Mike Johnston, Senator Chuck Schumer, they can backtrack and give all the explanations they want, but it's really not working.
Speaker 3: I'm Christy Britton Brown. You're on the Dan Kapela Show. I've got to take a break.
Speaker 2: You can call in over the break eight five five four zero five eight two five five.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 2: While we were in a break, I was talking to Welld County Sheriff Reems, who is no stranger to this show, and he was telling me about a program our system he has up in Weld County that solves part of this constant problem Denver has with illegal immigrants who commit violent crimes and release them in parking lots. Sheriff Reems, Welcome to the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 10: Hey, thanks for having me on, Christia. It's kind of weird after being a guest host yesterday, I didn't figure i'd be calling in, But you're on an interesting topic for me.
Speaker 2: I mean, you just can't get away. That's what happens when you host the show.
Speaker 10: I just draws you back in.
Speaker 3: It does all the time. But yeah, I would love for you to tell our listeners.
Speaker 2: It's such a relevant issue right now with I mean, it's like a relevant issue every single day because there's another story of either someone escaping for an ICE detention facility or Denver not cooperating with ICE. So why don't you tell our listeners what you do up in Well County.
Speaker 10: So this is a relatively new process even for me, because under the past administration, ICE agents would not come to a jail prior to an inmates release to pick them up. So they would wait until that mat had finished his incarceration and then they'd say, Okay, can we come get him now. With the new administration, I made some phone calls to some of the some of the bigger folks up to Chain and just said, hey, would you guys be willing to come get this person before their actual release date. If we were released into you early, let's say you had a desire to come question this person for investigative purposes, I'd be happy to release them to your custody on what we call a body receipt. You can take them to the facility of your choice and do your interviews and make a determination of whether or not there's some kind of legal proceeding you want to take. I don't dive into, you know, what their questioning is about, because that's their parent, that's their issue. If the FBI showed up and said I want to we want to take a guy to interviewing for you know, a terrorist activity, we would cooperate with the FBI if Secret Server showed up, same thing. So we're just extending We're extending that same courtesy to ICE. And if they show up and pick one of our inmates up and say, you know, we'd like to take this person to go investigate them. If they don't bring them back, we assume they found a charge that was more severe than what we're holding them, what we were holding that person on, and you know, they start the deportation process or whatever it is they need to do. That. Being said, you know, it's a judgment call from me. Sure. So you know, if we've got a person in on a really high you know, a high seriousness crime, we're probably going to tell I say this one, find me sustain our custody. Whatever you're investigating them for probably isn't as severe as what he's setting here for. Yeah, but it's a relational thing, and it's so far it's working great. I'm sure. I'm sure the Democrats won't like what we're doing. In fact, I know there's some that don't, but you know, at some point you got to you got to find a solution to the problem. And we're not violating any law by doing so. And it's working for.
Speaker 3: Weldcown well absolutely.
Speaker 2: And I think to your point, share frames the fact that you would do the same thing for the FBI or other federal agencies. And I assume other local law enforcement would do it for them too, if they're investigating terrorism or.
Speaker 3: Some big crime.
Speaker 2: Why in ICE as a federal agency and say, well, you don't get the same treatment any other federal agency does. It just doesn't make sense. It's literally there's nothing.
Speaker 10: Yeah, there's nothing in the law that says that we can't, you know, have a cordial relationship with the ICE. It just says that we can't detain an inmate past their mandatory release date, so right not to be released, we have to release them. But I'm not doing that. So, you know, if ICE has an interest in a person, they express an interest in that person, we will work with them in the event that we can, so that they can come and pick that individual up and take them in for investigative purposes. But I would do that for the Douglas County Sheriff's office or even the Denver Police Department if they had interest in one of my inmates and they were willing to sign that person out to go, you know, participate in an investigative process. You got them, and we'll hand them basically, like I said, what's called a body receipt, and if they don't bring that person back, we work out who's got custody and wine. And that's pretty.
Speaker 3: Common, honestly, sure, I mean it sounds like it would be.
Speaker 2: It's basically coordination between law enforcement agencies, whether local, state, or federal, and seems like the best way to do business.
Speaker 3: When you have that.
Speaker 10: Choice, it works out just fine, as long as the legislatorial staut.
Speaker 2: Of the middle of it, which we desperately need them to do, stop siding with criminals and illegal immigrants and how about you choose victims and communities for once.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and I can tell you everybody that I just come to interact with at my agency, they were there on a very lawful charge. You know. It's not like they were being held for jaywalking. They were in my facility for a reason. But oftentimes, the likely penalty that they were going to receive for the charge that they were in custody for probably isn't nearly as bad as going back home to where.
Speaker 3: They came from exactly. But pay. That's where they should.
Speaker 2: Be if they're here illegally and want to give at crimes in our state. So thank you, Sheriff Reams for explaining that. I think, you know, I think there probably are some other law enforcement agencies that do what you do, and some in Colorado Lake Tenver who certainly do not, who could learn a few things.
Speaker 3: So thank you for explaining that.
Speaker 10: Bet, thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. That was the Sheriff Steve.
Speaker 2: Rhems from welld County, well known to listeners of this show, and well known around Colorado for his strong stand on the side of protecting victims, protecting communities, and putting criminals where they belong. I think, you know, there's just so many issues when we talk about Colorado's designation as a sanctuary state and Denvers as a sanctuary city, and this is just one of the illustrated issues that you lack that cooperation between law enforcement agencies that.
Speaker 3: They want to have.
Speaker 2: But then the state comes in the middle of it, the liberals and the legislature, who most of them have never ever ever worked in law enforcement a day in their lives, and yet they think they're suddenly the experts standing in between law enforcement one law enforcement agency and another one.
Speaker 3: And just because they're on the federal level, and oh.
Speaker 2: No, Mike, take someone out of the country after they commit a crime, we shouldn't cooperate with them. It's extremely arbitrary standard and one that doesn't keep us safer. Many of these laws combined, when you combine all the anti victim, anti safety, so called criminal justice laws that have been passed in Colorado, particularly since twenty nineteen, some before that, and many after that, it is no wonder that, according to US News and World Report, Colorado is the third most dangerous state in the nation. I know Governor Poulis loves to stand up at every State of the State address and say, oh, we're going to become one of the top ten most safe states in the nation, but there's no movement towards that from the legislature at all. In fact, it continues to get worse. I'm Christy Burton Brown. You're on the Dan Kapli Show. When we come back at the beginning of the next hour, we're going to talk to State Representative Jarvis Caldwell, who has been leading the charge at the legislature to put criminals where they belong, have real charges against them, and protect victims. He's getting no help from those who control the legislature. But he's specifically going to talk about the Democrats trying to eliminate first degree attempted murder charges. It's absolutely crazy. You've got to hear it. Stay here on the Dan Kapla Show.