Speaker 1: Now your host for Morongo Casino Dodgers on Tech.
Speaker 2: Tim Kim k Hi, everybody, and welcome in Ti Mo. Rongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Hope you're enjoying your Sunday afternoons. Certainly you're enjoying the Los Angeles Dodgers having a one to zero series lead in this NLDS matchup against the San Diego Padres Dodgers. With a thrilling win last night in the series opener tonight, they look to do it again in Game two of this best of five series against the Padres. Jack Flaherty on the mound, first pitch coming up at five to three. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to and not a lot of time here on Morogo Casino Dodgers on Deck. You're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts' pregame thoughts will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vassa will join us throughout the show. He'll go one on one with Tommy Edmond. We'll have your Dodgers magical moment. In just a few minutes. We'll head out to Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday in the Galpin Motors broadcast booth well last night. In the series opener, it wasn't exactly a great started for the Dodgers. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mount. He gave up three runs what was a twenty eight pitch first inning. The crowd was out of it. The Dodgers needed a jolt, and they got it from show Hey.
Speaker 3: Cease into his wind up and Old Tony.
Speaker 4: Lights it up right f loocome to the postseason.
Speaker 5: So hell, Old Tony.
Speaker 6: The game's brightest star, ready for the game's biggest stage.
Speaker 7: Eight game time three run.
Speaker 2: Full run, three run shot from show Hey in the second. That's the top tier play the game, sponsored by Arco Quality, top tier gas for less. Dodgers Padres tied at three until they weren't. It didn't last long. The very next inning, Yamamoto gave up a two out double Dexander Bogart's and the Padres regained the lead, up five to three. The Dodgers kept fighting, though they had traffic on the base pass. They chased Dylan Seas in the fourth, then after they got after the Padres bullpen, Tommy Edmund scored on a wild pitch Dodgers down one, five to four. Then to Oscar Hernandez delivered the breath of fresh air moment of the game.
Speaker 3: On this one, oh Hernandez swings. It takes on the right center field. This ball who skip underneath the globe of Merril. Oh tanis in mo keep behind them.
Speaker 6: The Dodgers have the lead. Tioscar Hernandez clutch.
Speaker 4: Us up once again.
Speaker 7: It's now six to far.
Speaker 2: Two runs single for Taoscar. Dodgers up six to five. That is the breath of fresh air moment of the game. Brought to you by a Tar Mechanical. Looking for reliable hair, air conditioning and heating services here in southern California, look no further than a Tara Mechanical. Omar and Brittany the founders. They're tremendous people. Their service is more than just a solution. It's a breath of fresh air from the moment you call to the completion of your project. A Tar Mechanical delivers friendly on his service at a fair price. In the fifth, Dodgers tacked on another run, Will Smith scoring when Tommy Emmon grounded into a double play. Dodgers a seven to five league The Dodgers bullpen. They were a huge last night Brazier Vessia, Phillips Copec trying in combining for six shutout innings and the ninth Padres had the tie runs on in with two outs when Blake Trenton struck out Manny Machado to end the game. Dodgers win it. They take Game one of the NLDS. Tonight, Game two of this best of five series. Jack Flaherty on the mound, first pitch at five ZHO three and with more we head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth as we say hello to Stephen Nelson in Raymunday, guys.
Speaker 7: All right, tim.
Speaker 3: Heck of a start to this National League Division series for the Dodgers. Last night. They fell behind three to nothing, five to three. They scored the last four runs of the game, just the fifth postseason win in Dodgers franchise history. Mo when they came back from at least three runs down. I mean, they were four and one hundred going into last night. So for them to do it in that fashion against that team which most pundits have been picking to win this DS, that's got a few good for the Dodgers.
Speaker 8: Given a boost.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And I think also for the Dodgers, if we look at the regular season over forty times they came from behind to win a ball game. But it did not start out very well. Indeed, a base hit or walked, and there was an RBI on an infield out, and then the two run home run by Manny Machado, and all of a sudden, before the dust had even settled, after the opening ceremonies and a flyover, the Dodgers and Yamamoto down to three to nothing, they say, oh, oh, here goes here goes a long, long night. And then the Dodgers just kept pecking away, pecking away, pecking away, and the stage was said and for show, Hey Otani, I mean the first postseason game he's going to play in, and he wants to win, there's no question about it. He steps up in the second inning and hits the three run home run, and he begins to say, hey, wait a minute, this is taking on a totally different flavor. Three and three is the score on the scoreboard. And for Yamamoto, the question is was it jitters? Was it nerves last night? Because he had difficulty finding the strike zone.
Speaker 3: Right and he just point blank period has to be better the next time we see him, whenever that is. Yamamoto knows that the Dodgers hope for that. We look right now as we're talking here, we're watching show Heyotani crank things out along throwing program in left field at Dodger Stadium, which again we have to continue to remind people, especially those outside the fan base in the organization, that this is a guy who was rehabbing a second major elbow injury and he's putting up this historic season. But I thought that the home run was one thing, MO, But the way he reacted to that home run, like all of the hours spent dreaming about this game and that moment came flooding out of him chucking the bat and just barking as he walked down the line, firing up the team. Just the latest example of him putting this team on his back emotionally these last couple of weeks.
Speaker 8: I got the feeling quite frankly, and I talk about this very often. All these guys have dreamed since they were kids of a World Series in Game seven in their own backyard. It's not just in this country. As we found out from the motion you're talking to to see that for a guy that is very compartmentalized, if you will, from an emotional standpoint, and especially with big moments in ball games, it's difficult to lower the heart rate, he seems to be able to do it better than most that were being able to see. How about Freddy Freeman. Also, we didn't know until maybe an hour and a half before the game if he was actually going to be in the game. Well, he was more than just in the game. He had two hints, he had a stolen base. And I thought the postgame comment by Mike Schult, the manager of the p Andres, really summed it up. He says, talking about Freeman goes. They said Freeman wasn't going to play, and he wasn't moving around very good. But he plays possum on us and he steals a bass.
Speaker 3: Freddy the Ian doc Roberts joke daffers well medicated, all in line, of course, and then Freddy's in the line appear for game two. We're approaching first pitch shortly, Tim, We'll talk to you again soon.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks a lot, Nelly, as we got you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor. What are your Shaky's pizza checking and mojos right now at Shaky's dot com. We're off and running here on Dodgers on Deck. Coming up, you're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. We'll check out with David Vassay. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. But up next your Otani rewind as we leads you up to Game two of the n l DS Dodgers and Padres.
Speaker 4: First pitch at five oh three. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kass, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It is Morongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck. Y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Kids.
Speaker 2: Game two of the n l DS Dodgers and Padres Dodgers winners in Game one last night, Jack Flaherty, you darbished the pitching matchup in this Game two.
Speaker 4: First pitch coming up at five o three.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewind cease into his wind up and old Tani.
Speaker 8: Light it up.
Speaker 6: What look to the postseason show, Hell, Tony, the game's quite as star. Ready for the game's biggest stage. Eight game time three run home run.
Speaker 3: Here's the three to two from money home broken bat, little flair shallow center. It drops stop sign put up for Tommy Edmond. The Dodgers go station to station, the bases will be loaded for Mookie Betts.
Speaker 2: Shoeyotani says he wasn't nervous for his first playoff game and it showed two for five that three run home run.
Speaker 4: That three run shot.
Speaker 2: Was huge in the second inning to tie the game back up, bringing life back into Dodgers Stadium, and they needed it, as the Dodgers go on and win it by a final of seven to five.
Speaker 4: Oh TONI rewind.
Speaker 2: Brought to you by Etoins Oyosha, Japan's number one green tea and the tea that Shoeyotani loves and drinks available to local diso stores, Target and eto In dot Com. That's it O e N dot Com. The Dodgers with Jack Flaherty on the mount in this game too. After tonight day off tomorrow, then the series shifts down to San Diego for Game three and possibly Game four if needed. We'll find out after this one tonight. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Cars for Kids. The easiest way to get rid of your old car. Dodger fans, donate today and your cars can be picked up tomorrow. Donate now at carsfur kids dot org. That's cars with a case still to come here On Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper. This pitching matchup David vat Sago is one.
Speaker 4: On one with Tommy Edmund.
Speaker 2: Plus we're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts when we come back. Lead you up to first pitch on this Sunday Game two of the NLDS. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Well, this this Morongo Casino Dodgers game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Maronggo Casino Dodgers on Deck Canteen uses well leads out to first pitch Dodgers and Padres Game two of the NLDS Marongo Casino Resort and Spa A Grand Slam for good times. Jack Flaherty, you Darvius the pitching matchup Dodgers at one zero zero, He's lead. Let's head back out out of Dodger Stadium and check in with the Dodgers kipper.
Speaker 8: Anything else, Dave, do you think the questions for Dave.
Speaker 7: Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 8: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 9: In the dugouts with Dave Robberts, Dave, I know when we've kind of talked about whether it's Jack Flaherty, just the emotions from show here Tony that we've been seeing as of late. When you think about just this intense that we've been seeing from players, how do you see that Jack adds to that just kind of with the fire and edge that he has on the mound.
Speaker 10: He certainly is additive with that. And the great thing about Jack is that it's it's organic, and so there's an intensity to them, great preparation, and our guys are going to feed off that. So last night, I think you saw that with our guys, and I think that we're going to kind of follow Jack, you know today as well.
Speaker 9: I'mana, are you looking forward to just seeing him in this postseason, this moment and being now with this organization considering he grew up being a fan of it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm excited. I think we're all excited. You know, I can't imagine, you know, I guess I can. You know, your childhood team you rooted for and then playing for him in a postseason and to kind of see it come full circle. And I talked to him and his mom about, you know, being in the upper deck, you know, watching the games when he was a baby, and so now to see him pitching in a postseason game, it's very cool, right, very special, And I just know that Jack has a way of compartmentalizing. And then once we get all that kind of talked about, then it's business.
Speaker 11: Fabian McGill was just kind of in there in here talking about how more aggressive you guys have been over this last month. That's something you guys have kind of looked at in postings paste when the offense hasn't quite been there that maybe you guys have been two passive at times.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, I think that, you know, I think the one thing that we do a good job as an offense is control the strike zone, run at bats, go deep in counts. But I think that, you know, at times we get a little too passive, and you've got to be ready to strike if the ball is in the hitting zone. And I think we've seen it in past postseasons where, to be quite honest, we've been bullied with the fastball and so I think that for us to be ready to hit off the fastball, but today's gonna be a different thing. He's gonna spin us. He's going to be selective when he uses fastball. We just got to be kind of still focused in our hitting zone.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: That's the manager, Dave Roberts down the dugout, brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts wins in the playoffs by being ready for anything. If you want your contracting business to succeed, you need to be ready to Let's Service Titan help you be prepared. Service Titan dot Com. And we continue here on Dodgers on Debt. We will check in with the David Vassay as we lead up to first pitch, Game two of the NLDS Dodgers Padres. I'm Tim kass Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Debt on your Home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Padres Game two of the NLDS. Jack flaherity you darbish the pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at five, all three.
Speaker 7: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 12: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 7: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 4: All right, DMV game two.
Speaker 2: What's a feeling I got at the stadium right now?
Speaker 12: Well, it's as electric as it was before Game one yesterday. And really, the Dodgers were very thankful to the fans for not just sitting back in their seats but really bringing the level of volume and noise to Dodgers Stadium last night. They really made it a hostile environment. They're looking for the same. If you're coming to the game today. The players have asked be as loud, if not louder than what you were last night for Game one of the NLDS. And look, Jack Flarity cool as always, that's part of his DNA, And everybody on the Dodgers believes this stage the emotions of pitching here as a Dodger in the postseason are not going to get the best of him. So everybody is very confident that Jack Flerity is going to give them at least five innings tonight.
Speaker 2: All right, emotionally he's doing well, but physically, Dave, how's Flerity going into the start?
Speaker 12: You think My understanding is the back has not been a problem For Jack Flaherty if you watch Flarity pitch, he has a lot of moving parts in his wind up that sometimes can get out of sync, like he has described the last three starts, so he's had a lot of time to work through that and really get in sync with his delivery, which does get the velocity up. It does get the velocity down if it's not in the right direction. So hopefully all of that is one fluid SYNCD up wind up for Jack Flerity today.
Speaker 2: We let's hope so Dave is driven by Ford. If there's one thing we like, it's choices. Find yours with the fort A flour fifty gas hybrid all electric tough. This mark can only be called the f one to fifty. Speaking of tough, DV Freddie Freeman pretty tough playing through this ankle injury. How incredible is it that he's playing.
Speaker 12: I was told by members of the training staff and his teammates anybody else with the same injury would be out four to six weeks. But Freddie Freeman really sent a message to his team. Everybody is awe inspired by Freddie Freeman going out there and the way it was described to me. Not only just going out there but playing at the level that he played at yesterday, and everybody with the Dodgers was holding their breaths that Freddie Freeman would wake up feeling good with that right ankle. Obviously he's getting some painkillers when they talk about him being medicated to help him get through the games. But that's what it's about in the postseason, and for a veteran like Freddie Freeman, who already has won a World Series championship, to go out there and not only play, but play at the level that he did send a message to the rest of the team that yes we are hungry, Yes we want this not only Division series, but we want that World championship.
Speaker 2: Well, David, certainly it's good news that Freddie Freeman in the lineup and playing the ankle is still gonna be bothersome no matter what. The rest of this playoffs appreciate it. We'll check back in with you in just a little bit. Coming up here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Of course, we're gonna hear from Tommy Edmond, who had a great bunt last night, real pivotal in the Dodgers comeback win in Game one. But up next your Dodgers Magical moment, don't go anywhere. It's the Dodgers and Padres Game two of the NLDS.
Speaker 4: First pitch at five OHO three.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Padres, Game two of this LDS on this Sunday night, Dodgers a one zero series lead after a seven to five win last night. Jack Flaherty on the mound for the blue first pitch, coming up at five O three.
Speaker 1: Without a hot dog, who wants a hot It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment. Bitch Magical presented by Hawby hot Dogs on.
Speaker 2: This date in nineteen sixty three, sixty one years ago today, Game four of the World Series, Dodgers and Yankee Sandy Kofax on the mound and he was dominant.
Speaker 5: And now it's all between co Fax and Hector pez and Era charged to Russki, the second baseman, for dropping the throw from Maray Will, the shortstop on the fourth place It's a tap back past amount of Marie Wills. He trapped it.
Speaker 13: The first.
Speaker 5: Run on one one.
Speaker 7: Era and two runners are and the finals score on the Dodgers.
Speaker 8: Two and the Yuki one.
Speaker 2: Sandy Kofa's a complete game as the Dodgers swept the Yankees to win the nineteen sixty three World Series. Dodgers never trailed in any of the four games, and it remains the only Dodger World Series win at home. This Hofey Magical moment brought to you by Hoffey hot Dogs, a so Cal.
Speaker 4: Treasurer for over one hundred years.
Speaker 2: Visit hofeybrand dot com to find out where you could purchase Crave Delicious Haffey hot Dogs. Well, we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll hear back from Rick Monday as we lead up to first pitch Dodgers and Padres. I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: Is Lorono Casino.
Speaker 1: Dodgers on Dedgers on Deck, y'all on the official home of.
Speaker 7: La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's Game two of the NLDS Dodgers and Padres from Dodgers Stadium. Jack Flarity, you darbish the pitch matchhup Dodgers Baseball, brought to you by zench hand Crafty Sushi made fresh daily on site. Pickup delicious sushi before the game or after at Ralph's and other local supermarkets near the deli counter. Still the cume we'll get to the keys of the game, will dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 1: But first and now joined by David Basseying, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 12: Rick, that was quite an opening act last night between the Dodgers and Padres in game one of this series.
Speaker 8: Yeah, if you weren't on the edge of your seat, you were sitting on the floor. I mean, it's just one of those games. And who would have thought. I mean, San Diego opens with three runs in the very first ending. It looked like it was going to be, you know, a runaway, but not the case. So many different things that covered a short amount of time in last night's ball game. We say one thing about tonight, the PA system and the energy in this building is already. I mean it's percolating. There's no question about it.
Speaker 12: It feels like yesterday's crowd here at Dodgers Stadium really came alive after a show he's game tying home run.
Speaker 8: Well, I think show Heyotani came alive. I mean you'd think back in that moment. There's gonna be a lot of video about Show Heyotani and just absolutely sensational season. His emotion showed after he hit that three run home run to tie the game in the second inning, and the bat toss was something because normally he has a very calm, cool collective as far as the display of emotion on the field, and you start to wonder. I told Stephen Nelson has said, you know, we dream as kids, most of us, as we're kind of growing up. You in the backyard, run a playground, seventh game of the World's here is and here you are, here the hitter and he hit one. Well, evidently it's not just in this country that happens, because there was an overflow of emotions when Otani hit that, not only from Sho Heyotani, but fifty three thousand plus on hand.
Speaker 12: Rick, I've never asked this about you, and when the way he used to approach hitting you, Darvish throws seven different types of hitches. If you were a and the batter's box against Darbish Are you looking for a particular part of the strike zone to swing at? How do you deal with the guy that has.
Speaker 8: That many pitches? Excellent question. I don't know that there's any stamp of approval that you can say, Look, this is what you have to do. I think, first of all, be cognizant of the strike zone. That was a good point that you bring up. The other part, too, is be prepared for all speed pitches, and I think that's the big thing. You'll look at you Darbysh. He's a big guy to begin with. Dodgers annoy him very well because he was here at one time at pitching in the Dodger uniform. Six foot five, big guy can throw hard as far as velocity, But it's thee all speed pitches in my estimation, that can present some problems. And then on the flip side of that too, if you're only looking for all speed, he has enough hilocity to throw the ball by you. But I think the biggest thing, and Dave Roberts alluded to it last night after the ball game, one of the success formulas for this Dodger ball club has been selectivity. And I'm not talking about to again. I use the analogy. You're going to the store and let's say you're going to get apples, Okay, get picking an apple up. No, I don't like that. No, no, I don't like that. Yeah, yeah, that one. I like that. Same way and hitting, and I think that's especially what you have to do tonight. Be very very ticky as to the pitches that you offer, but be prepared to hit something. And then if you have two strikes you and may not be so selective of that apples. It was hands a little bruise, but I'll be able to use that, all.
Speaker 12: Right, Rick, thank you for that scat and report. One thing you've never done that you Darvish did was on the workout day. Darvish, thank me for my friendship. You've never done that.
Speaker 8: Rick. Well, we're on the cuss.
Speaker 12: We'll wait for the San Diego trip. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thank you, DV Dodger fans and hands. You're listening and experienced by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by our friends at LA Care Health Plan serving all Angeline knows Lacare Dot org still to come here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll get to the keys of the game. We'll dive deeper into this pitching match up. We go high and tight nex though with Tommy Edmund Dodgers Padres first pitch at Formula three. I'm Tim Kas's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Padre is Game two of the nl DS. Dodgers winners last night in Game one, Jack Flaherty on the mound for the Dodgers in Game two. Dodgers Baseball presented by Children's Hospital LA. When you need the very best care for your child, one place to go the best Children's Hospital Los Angeles Ranke number one in California for pediatric care.
Speaker 4: Find the right doctor. It's HLA dot org.
Speaker 1: DA And now what will likely be vas fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 7: This is high end tight.
Speaker 12: It's Game two of the NLDS and we're joined right now by the Dodgers starting center fielder Tommy Edmond, who had a huge impact on the game last night.
Speaker 1: To me.
Speaker 12: Thanks a lot for the time, appreciate it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, thank you. It was a fun game last night. Good to get that first win out of the way.
Speaker 12: Hey, I think back to the fourth inning a couple of weeks ago actually against these San Diego Padres, you came up with a big double from the left side to really ignite a rally. Last night, from the left side again, you do it a different way, laying down a bunt to start that big three run rally. Can you just take us through what you saw and when it started to enter your game plan to maybe hey, I can get on base this way.
Speaker 13: Yeah. I saw Machado back at third base, you know, usually a third baseman play me in. I think with one strike he backed off a little bit, and I saw my opportunity, you know, and just trying to get a little something going in those in those middle innings, and fortunately we had a couple of good at bats after me, which led led to a rally.
Speaker 12: You had one strike on you when you laid down that bunt. When you step out of the box and you just survey the field. Did you notice that before the first pitch was thrown or did you notice it after? That's strike one.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's after the strike one. I think he was up playing up on the grass with no strikes and then with one strike he backed off, which is what a lot of third basemen tend to do.
Speaker 7: So yeah, just savy opportunity.
Speaker 12: It feels like that part of the order is so important to get base runners on for Otani with the way he's hitting. Are you guys conscious of that? Is that like priority number one? Find a way to get on base for him?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Absolutely, you know, the more runners on when show Hey gets up, the better, you know, just gives him a chance to do something great like you did yesterday.
Speaker 12: Can you describe the feeling in the dugout and just being on the team obviously when he hit that game tying three run home run. I'm sure you've been part of electric playoff atmospheres before, but can you just describe what it was like yesterday?
Speaker 13: Yeah, it was, you know, amazing. You know, we got down early, and you know, I think with a lot of teams, a lot of teams can tend to get deflated, but we know we got a great offense and then show Hey hitting that through on Homer to tie it up. Really, I think swung the momentum in our favor, and then having that other beginning and the fourth was was huge, you know, and just we had some good at bats kind of throughout the game, and you know, just kept piling on.
Speaker 12: I feel like you just walked out of a press conference and maybe the first or second question must have been, why did you hit from the right side against a right handed reliever yesterday?
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's all about the matchup, you know. I think that guy had had pretty even splits against left handed and right handed hitters, and his like pitch profile just matched up better with me hitting right handed, so it just made sense to hit right either.
Speaker 12: That's amazing because not a lot of players know who they are from just one side of the plate. How are you so aware of who you are from both sides of the plate.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean there's just a lot of at bats, you know, just kind of learned through experience, and you can kind of see which guys are tougher on you, which guys are which uh pitches play into your strengths a little bit better. So you know, it's kind of just something that I've learned over the past few years.
Speaker 12: Tommy Edmund, He's been described as a baseball player, that's what he is. He's in there again tonight, starting in center field with another one of your former Cardinal teammates, Jack Flaherty, on the mound. What have you seen from Jack this year that really has helped him kind of turn the corner from a couple of years ago.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it comes out with great intensity. He's always had that great intensity, and you know, and he's since he's been here, you know, I've I've watched him the past few starts and he just does a great job of you know, attacking hitters going after him. And you know, he's he's had a great year so far, and I'm excited to see what he can do tonight.
Speaker 12: It feels like he has ice in his veins. It doesn't seem like the game gets too fast on him.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you know that's that's you know, something that makes him great. You know, he's got he's got a ton of confidence, and you know, the moment never gets too big for him, and I think he lives for these moments.
Speaker 12: Hey, moment never gets too big for Tommy Edmund. Thanks a lot for the time, Tommy, and good luck today.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 7: I appreciate it.
Speaker 12: There he is Tommy Edmund one of the good guys. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 4: Tim, all right, thank you, DV, thank you, Tommy.
Speaker 2: Dodges Baseball is brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, Official Pizza parkartner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot Com. Lead you up to first pitch on this Sunday Game two of the NLDS Dodgers padres of Next we'll dive deeper in this pitching match up.
Speaker 4: Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Katsis Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap.
Speaker 7: On your home for the Blue All Season.
Speaker 4: Law Dodgers padres.
Speaker 2: Game two of the NLDS is coming up in just a few minutes.
Speaker 4: First pitch set for five oh three.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup for.
Speaker 7: Is it a boy?
Speaker 2: Your Southern California Toyota Dealers turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality and an all new twenty twenty four Tacoma See your Toyota Dealer today, they make it easy, you darbish on the mound for the Padres. Thirty eight year old veteran right hander, thirteen season in the Big leagues, fourth year at Theres. Who can forget his twenty seventeen stint with the Dodgers of what happened in the World Series. This season in San Diego, He's battled through some injuries. Seven and three with a three thirty one ERA and sixteen starts. His last start of the season five and a third innings, three runs, three hits, four strikeouts on a win over the Diamondbacks. Postseason numbers in his career eleven starts, four and six with a four to nineteen ERRA. Jack Fulery on the mound for the Dodgers, twenty eight year old right hander made twenty eight starts during the regular season, ten with the Dodgers since coming over to trade from the Tigers. He went six and two with a three fifty eight RRA in those starts. He's facing the Padres for the seventh time in his major league career, two to one with a four to forty five RRA. He has appeared in three combined postseasons with the Cardinals and Orioles. He's won in three in five outings with a three sixty ERA in four starts. Dodgers Padres were fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game are next. I'm sim Kass Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes, Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Padres Game two of the n LD as Jack Flaherty, you darvus the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up in five three Dodgers fans and hands are listening experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listen in HD. It's all powered by LA Care Health Plan serving all Angeline knows Lacare dot org. All right, before first pitch, we head back out to the booth. Stephen Nelson, Rick Monday, guys TC.
Speaker 3: The last thing that we want to talk about is Jack Flaherty, the hometown kid, getting the ball in game two. It's a chance for him to do something special tonight mol Air Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 8: And share with his family because the story goes Dave Roberts was talking about talking to Flarity and his mother, the fact that they attended World Series games here setting in the top section at Dodgers Stadium. They've been here as fans and big Dodger fans. Now it's with their son pitching on the mound, and he knows full well his not really family's going to be here. Probably the entire community is going to be here. This is a big, big deal, not just for flirty. This is a huge game for the Dodgers to be able to win the Pride to the Great One eight.
Speaker 3: As our man DV David Vasse would say, his first postseason starts since twenty twenty, he was terrific in that start, six innings, eight strikeouts, but he had to take the loss. Who did he face in that game? The San Diego Padres. He's now pitching for his hometown Dodgers against the Padres again. Game two of the National League Division Series coming up next.
Speaker 2: All right, yeah, the Dodgers Padres. Here we go. It's Game two of this and LDS. Dodgers winners last night seven to five over the Padres. Yoshinoba Yamamoto didn't get past three innings. The Dodgers bullpen picked him up with six shutout last night in relief can they do it again? Well, hopefully Jack flaherty will give them a little bit of length. The pregame festivities on the field are wrapping up as we get ready for first pitch. Dodgers and Padres, remember after tonight day off tomorrow, and then the series shifts down to San Diego for Game three, possibly game four of this NLDS. Keeping an eye on what's happening, by the way in New York in Philadelphia that series. How about a dramatic walk off win for the Phillies today in Game two, So that series now tied up at a one game apiece as it goes back to City Field in New York, at place the Mets have not been in two weeks. They finished off the regular season on the road and then they go and have to play the wild card round the NLDS on the road, and the Dodgers, well, we'll get the Padres in Game two Tonight's and we await the winner of this series moving on to the NLCS, and certainly the other NLDS series is equally as good.
Speaker 4: But first pitch is coming up. It's gonna be a good one.
Speaker 2: Jack Flaherty on the mound, hopefully to give the Dodgers some length.
Speaker 4: You Darvish.
Speaker 2: Dodger fans certainly familiar with what he has done in the postseason, not necessarily in twenty seventeen for the Dodgers, but they're hoping to get after him tonight. They saw him in twenty twenty two in the NLDS, hoping for a better result tonight.
Speaker 4: First pitch when we come back. Are you ready? It's Game two.
Speaker 2: Get loud, stand up, be ready to cheer on your Dodgers. It's Game two of the NLDS. First pitch when we come back with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim Kats.
Speaker 2: So this has been Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on Los Angeles Dodgers Radio Network