Speaker 1: Hey, folks, welcome into the Thinking Crypto podcast. You're home for cryptocurrency news and interviews. I'm your host, Tony Edward. On your way in. Please hit that subscribe button as well as the thumbs up button and leave a common blow. If you're listening on a podcast platform such as Spotify or Apple, please leave a five star rating and review. Folks, Jim Kramer is a menace. On Monday, the man tweeted out by crypto right, that was his first tweet early on Monday morning. And then today he goes on CNBC. He gets interviewed by Andrew Sorkin and the others, and it's unbelievable. You usually don't see Jim Kramer in this setting, but of course he talks crypto. He says, I say, crypto is fine. I'm using it as insurance, and it's insurance against the thirty seven trillion dollar that we owe. I mean, this man is trying to crash the market. Right in verse Kramer, let me play the clip for you.
Speaker 2: What about all the folks, especially the younger people, say that the future is crypto? How do I say Crypto's fine? How do how do you value that? How do you what is the sort of process with which you would use Well, I'm using it as insurance, and it's an insurance against the thirty seven trillion that we of course, we do have a government shutdown, but at least it's not connected to a deadline involving you know, refinancing for the government, which is really good as the government shutdown is not done at the same time as a possible cataclysm of not paying our bills.
Speaker 1: But I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think that crypto is I'm not valuing as fun. I'm valued as anti what they the younger people think is our country's problems. They may know that one, but then again maybe my generation never has to see it, and their generation is going to have to live with what happens.
Speaker 1: So again in verse Kramer, maybe the additional downside we have is because of this man, he's going to send us down lower and then we find our boy, and then we are going to have a big Q four of course, so it's all part of the process. By the way, So right now bitcoin trading over one hundred and fourteen thousand dollars. But like I said, I don't think we're out of the woods yet. I could be wrong, but I think there's further downside. Bitcoin could go test some lower levels, taking the RSI to the extremely over sold zone below thirty. So we'll have to wait and see. Right, we don't have a crystal ball, but based on the data we can formulate a thesis. But we're still in the macro bull market. You know. I've covered that at nauseum on my live stream and in yesterday's podcasts and in my recent newsletter. So patients is the key here. We just got to go through the roller coaster ride. All right, let's jump into some news. The SEC is considering allowing stocks to trade on chain, with plans to launch quickly. This is very bullish. We know. The SEC has been meeting with a lot of tran fi institutions, and many of these institutions like banks like your, investment firms like black Rock, and the stock exchanges like NASDAK. They all want to have tokenized stocks and other assets. But they're starting with stocks. So the SEC is essentially getting the pressure here to move faster than expected. So let me give you the details. The SEC is reportedly developing a plan to allow blockchain registered versions of stocks to trade on cryptocurrency exchanges. A move that would mark a significant step toward integrating digital asset technology into the traditional financial system. The proposals, still in the early stages, would let investors buy and sell stock tokens, digital representations of shares in publicly traded companies on approved crypto platforms, The Information reported on Tuesday, citing people familiar with the matter, The initiative reflects the growing regulatory openness to tokenization, the process of creating blockchain based tokens that mirror ownership of traditional assets. SEC Chair Paul Atkins recently described tokenization as an innovation the agency would seek to advance, not restrict. Regulators should be focused on how do we advance innovation in the marketplace, he said, noting that tokenized assets would improve access to financial markets and reduce costs. So again, folks, do you see the direction to puck is heading here? The regulators are on board. We know crypto has a much more friendlier environment here in the United States, and tokenization is a big race in addition to stable coins, and many firms looking to launch crypto trading and custody, but they want to put assets like gold and stocks and much more on the blockchain because it allows it to trade twenty four to seven. You can operate with it via defive, you can open it up to more markets and jurisdictions around the world. So there's a lot of benefits here and the race is on now. Speaking of stable coins, look at this news. Visa, the credit card Giant pilots stable coin payments for businesses sending money abroad. So we're seeing massive adoption by these traditional institutions credit card companies, payment companies, stock exchanges, banks, and much more so global payments Giant and Visa has launched a pilot to test stable coins for cross border payments, providing businesses with a new way to transfer money abroad more quickly. The pilot will allow businesses, including banks and remittance providers, to pre fund Visa Direct with stable coins instead of fiat currency. Visa treats those stable coins as money in the bank or available balances for payouts, enabling businesses to send money abroad without locking up large sums of cash days in advance. So many of you who don't understand the problem of payments that has been going on for a long time. Due to the Swift system, you got Nostro Vostra accounts You got folks who have to hold cash on their balance sheet just to fund these payments. They won't have to do that with stable coins, instant settlement, real time, cheaper fees. So that's why these payment giants are adopting this technology. This is the value proposition, right of why they're looking to do this. So a lot of people still don't understand you need stable coins. I use Venmo, but they don't understand the problem that happens behind the movement of money. Here's a quote. We're bringing stable coins to Visa Direct, our push payments platform, enabling real time money movement to billions of endpoints, a Visa spokesperson told the Block. By doing so, we're creating a role where payments can be settled in stable coins, unlocking instant, global and programmable payments. So they're going to be using USDC and well, I should say circles, USDC and the EU RC tokens you have both a US dollar and a Euro back stable coin. So they're going to expand to other stable coins, they said here, but they're starting with circles, which makes sense, folks. This episode is brought to you by Uphold. Uphold is a great platform I've been using since twenty eighteen. They're one of my go to exchanges. They have over three hundred plus crypto currencies, Bitcoin in all the top all coins. They offer staking on twenty plus crypto assets. I've been using Uphold for many years. I've never had any issues or problems. And best of all, folks, they are fully reserved. They don't commingle or lend out your crypto assets. In fact, you can review their transparency report on their website. And they have a great rewards program called Uphold Rewards where you can earn up to five point twenty five percent on stable coins. You can also get twenty four hour early access to new tokens they list now to stable coins. They support our ripples r L, USD you can earn up to five percent there and USBC where you can earn up to five point two five percent there. And to participate, you simply have to open the app once per month, deposit fifty dollars once per month, and trade fifty dollars once per month, so very simple. Once again, this is a platform I use, I can vouch for it. So if you'd like to learn more about Uphold, check out the link in the description. Now look at this USDC issuer, which is Circle partners with Deutsche Borse for europe stable coin adoption. So Circle is making some big moves here. German securities marketplace Deutsche Borse has partnered with USDC stable cooin issuer Circle to collaborate on stable coin adopt in Europe. Deutsche Bors Group and Circle Internet Group have signed a memorandum of understanding to integrate Circle stable coins within Deutsche Burse's financial market infrastructure. According to a joint statement on Tuesday, the collaboration targets circles europeg EU r C stable coin as well as its dollar peg USDC, with an initial focus on listing and trading on three sixty t's digital exchange three DX and via Crypto Finance, both part of Deutsche Bors. Huge adoption news here. We're seeing many traditional firms adopting stable coins, bitcoin and crypto trading of course, and this is huge adoption for Circle and the USDC stable coin. The announcement comes and made reports that European authorities are considering a ban on multiissuer stable coins, raising questions about potential impact on companies like Circle and Pasos. Now I think they're going to figure this out. You know, I don't think European authority is going to be that crazy, but hey, you never know. But I think the crypto industry is gonna fight a lobby and do much more. But this is big, big news here, folks. Pretty incredible what we're seeing from an adoption standpoint. Now, this news is big. Web three investor Animoka Brands equity to be tokenized on Solana in RWA deal. Now, you may recall I interviewed the CEO of Animoka Brands Yatsu. They're one of the largest investment firms in crypto. They're based in Hong Kong, and this is pretty incredible that they're tokenizing on Solana. So Real world asse tokenization company Republic plans to tokenize equity in major Hong Kong based Web three investment company Animoka Brands. According to a Tuesday Republic announcement, Animoka Brands equity tokenization on Solana will allow more investors to access exposure to the company. Animoka is not listed on any public exchange, but has invested in more than six hundred Web three prom So once again one of the largest investment firms, and they've done a lot in gaming and a metaverse and much more so. This is pretty interesting. Andrew Dirgy, co CEO at Republic, said the initiative sets a president for how companies can structured their equity for the future. Solana Foundation President Lily lou added that the move showcases what Internet capital markets make possible, giving retail investors access to opportunities once reserved for private markets. So one of the so clearly they highlighted the benefits there of tokenization, opening it up to more people and opening up to more markets. But this is big that they're doing equity tokenization. I think this may be the first of its kind. So very bullish news here from a tokenization standpoint, adoption standpoint, but also Solana now look at this. Senator Lummis says progress is underway on crypto tax rules in the Senate, So, folks, I'm hoping we get something good that is bullish and it adds more fuel to the fire for the crypto ballmarket. So, speaking Tuesday at BTC and DC, Senator Cynthia Lummis said that the committee which focuses on taxes is working to incorporate ideas she has previously posed. In July, Lummus introduced legislation to modernize the tax treatment of digital assets, which includes a minimus provision to exclude gains or losses from crypto transactions that are under three hundred dollars from being taxed. So that would be good. I'm hoping that they raised the threshold. In addition, folks, tomorrow there is a hearing. But although you know, the government shutdown may cause some problems here, but there was a meeting schedule tomorrow. Hearing schedule tomorrow. I don't know if it's still going to happen right due to the government shutdown stuff, but I'll let you guys know, you know, based on what happens tomorrow. But let's see. Hopefully they can get this right. And again it can add some just more fuel to the fire for the bull market, because if it's really good and retail likes it, you know, there's going to be a huge narrative from the mainstream media and it's going to bring in more people in the market. All right, moving ahead, folks, we got a big statement here from a ripple CTO, David Schwartz. He's stepping down as CTO, but he's moving to the board, so he's gonna be stepping a bit back from his day to day and spend more time with his family. He said he's still working on things on the XRP ledger, coding and so forth. So he's trying to go back to kind of his grassroots or his roots, i should say, and being more of a developer and things like that. But he said he will still be in and out of Ripples's office as this CTO emeritus, and we'll see what he comes up with. You know, as far as what he's been tinkering with on the XRP ledger, he says to stay tuned on that. But just FYI, he's stepping back. Now you're going to see a lot of people spread fud. Oh my god, it's over for XRP. What's gonna come on?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: The company is huge now. They have more developers, more people. It's not twenty fifteen anymore. Right, So he's done a lot of work. There's been a lot of developments and advancements with the XRP ledger. You see a lot of tokenization happening now. I've been sharing that with you guys. Now that the SEC case is over, adoption has exploded, so things are in a much better place now and a lot of different updates have been rolled out, so he's stepping back. So watch out for the fud people. You know, honestly, this I don't even need to report this because this is a non starter. But you know the fudstage are going to come out. Did you hear Ripples CTO stepping down? Oh my god? It is the underdo world. XRP is dead, Like really, come on, man, right, you're just going to see crazy stuff on the internet, right, So guys, we want to be educated, not and be involved in dumb conspiracy theories and not be emotional about markets, right, So we want to look at everything from a factual standpoint. So again, just FYI on this.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Final news item Brian Kintents, who was Trump's nominee for the CFDC chair. Unfortunately that nomination has been withdrawn. Brian Contents. I interviewed him many times over the years. He's a former CFDC commissioner and he was working at a sixteen Z. He absolutely understands technology and crypto, but he was getting a lot of roebox. The Winklevoss twins were trying to block him. Not to mention, I think that the casinos were saying he was too connected to Calshi the prediction market, he was an advisor, and they were trying to block it. So I understand why Trump and his team and the administration pull pull the nomination, but he would have been great. However, I tweeted out about this, I said, look, Acting Chair Caroline fam she's been doing an amazing job. She should just become the permanent chair at this point, stay on and give her the official title because she's been doing an amazing job. You know, they launched the CFTC, launched crypto Sprint, she's been meeting with a lot of industry stakeholders, Traded five stakeholders, and the CFDC has been giving a lot of clarity, especially around prediction markets and much more.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: Hopefully she can, you know, take that chair job. Hopefully she wants it, and the CFTC can continue to run under her leadership. So just an FYI, guys, that's the update there with the CFTC. Folks. If you appreciated this content, please be sure to support the podcast by subscribing to my free email newsletter. It is one hundred percent free. Link will be in the description. Check out my book on Amazon. It's available in paperback, in digital, and my course at mycrypto course dot com. This is a comprehensive course that teaches you every aspect of crypto folks. All the links will be in the description. Thank you so much for watching and listening. I appreciate you all and I'll talk to you all later