Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, it's Friday, April fourth, twenty twenty five. Welcome to Giant BombCast Revengeance, Episode something. It's a number out there. I don't remember. There's too many things happening right now in the world, in the world of video games, on this website, but joining me to keep me grounded an anchor, but he's called captain of the ship, so he's threw the anchor off the ship.
Speaker 2: Jeff grub Yeah, if you heard about smugglers run in totow switch to edition it's not a video game.
Speaker 1: Oh well, it makes sense. Why you haven't heard of that. We have the new leading authority on all things Bagel, Dan Record.
Speaker 3: I smuggled a bagel to Minnesota from New York City yesterday and it made just fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I bunk ate it and it was all good.
Speaker 1: Speaking about all good things. Stay all good in the hood because of him. Sewn Tbo Sean McDowell.
Speaker 5: Welcome to Giant BombCast eight eight four Revengeance. Everybody glad to be here eight eight four.
Speaker 1: And you know we couldn't do this with just four people, so we need the bad boy of games media.
Speaker 6: My NAUGHTI why do we have to talk about political video game show. Wait what happened?
Speaker 3: I know I'm not known for my political hot takes, but I'm going to be a firebrand here.
Speaker 4: You ready. Oh no, okay, I don't much care for what's going on out there.
Speaker 7: Damn Dan, Yeah, I know you.
Speaker 5: Need to.
Speaker 7: I was right off.
Speaker 1: You might have to cut that out. You make the Actually I kind of just want you to beat that whole portion.
Speaker 5: Better.
Speaker 7: That's better what he said.
Speaker 1: Hey, gang, it's a it's a lovely Friday afternoon. Nothing uh hectic is happening right, No, nothing is on side.
Speaker 4: I watched GBN. Seems like everything's great.
Speaker 7: It was just super chill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely all good. Well, other than the world, how was how's everyone doing? Dan? How are you feeling after the travel?
Speaker 4: I slept for like twelve hours. That was great.
Speaker 3: You have long fucked up dreams when we sleep that long, but it was still it's worth it. I am missing the We're only there for like two days, and oh my god. I know they talk about it all the time, but the bagel situation there, I literally had the best bagel I've ever had my life, two mornings in a row from the same place. Shout out to Mad Man Espresso next to Grand Central Station. And then the reason I got to smuggle one back is I ordered one yesterday before my flight.
Speaker 4: I take it back to eat it at the hotel.
Speaker 3: Open it up and it's a crazy egg and cheese sandwich and I just wanted to sess me a bagel with cream cheese. So I walk all the way back. I think I grabbed the wrong I thought they said Dan, but it's a jack on the bag.
Speaker 7: No way.
Speaker 4: That might have been because they had jack cheese on it.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure, but it was the wrong thing nevertheless, And so I handed them the back and I was like, oh, sorry, I want to sends me with cream cheese, and they made it for me, and they're like, you can also keep that egg and cheese sandwich if you want, And so you know, I got bonk on the horn. She loves the good egg and cheese sandwich. And I was like, hey, if I wrap it up double tight and put it in my baggage, would you have it? And she said yes, absolutely.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 3: I smuggled it over here, got it through. I guess there's no customs in Minnesota from New York, but yeah, but I got it in there. And it held up very well. But no, man, I did New York. I got, I got two bagels, We got pizza, which was amazing. Jan I went to an Italian restaurant and I had pasta and I had a street hot dog all in two days.
Speaker 4: Like that's everything. New York was just like Janet, You and I.
Speaker 3: Left that buffet thing at the switch event that did not look great and I saw I asked Paris say that it was just hot garbage, and we left and we went right to irregular pizza across the street and oh oh, we shared some garlic squares. We got some square pizza that was delicious.
Speaker 1: Square.
Speaker 4: Very very happy with the New York food situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I I'm very thankful to live in San Francisco, where like food diversity is very much a thing. But I need myself some street meat. Only New York can provide me with some street meat.
Speaker 3: Best street meat in at least the country, I would I would say it's probably up there in the world too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because like I had tried before, I had to go back and edit the game spot video. I had dinner with some friends, but I had a little bit of room in the tum tum and I'm like, you know what, maybe I will get that questionable slice of pizza for ninety nine cents, and you know what, tasted like car hard.
Speaker 7: Board really right in New York.
Speaker 4: Costco peace in New York, and Sians good New York.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, I find that even like the cheap o pizza in New York tends to be like pretty good.
Speaker 1: But then I got some uh some milk tea at a fancy place that looked like it was one of those fancy soap stores, and I'm like, wow, it is like I'm drinking mango sticky rice.
Speaker 7: How did y'all pull off this sorcery in this cup?
Speaker 3: It's a good city. I like New York City a lot. I was definitely brought.
Speaker 1: Another hot day from Dan.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, New York City.
Speaker 3: He's doing a good job. Walked by the old GB East office. Looks very different, the lobby and stuff.
Speaker 2: What's that you never complained about living there? Like you you lived there for a minute, right and.
Speaker 4: You twenty seventeen to twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I remember like listening to you like talk about SF before that, and not so many kind of things for you personally, not your city New York, and it seemed like you liked it quite a bit.
Speaker 4: I love New York.
Speaker 3: New York City is i'd say three best cities in America. New York City, Minneapolis, Newlands those Hey, Cleveland's really nice too. I like Cleveland a lot. But yeah, New York, New Orleans, and Minneapolis are my three favorite cities.
Speaker 7: I'd probably throw Chicago in there, but yes, Chicago school love Chicago.
Speaker 1: You know what, I really like Philly when we were there for WrestleMania Philly exactly. That's totally the thing they say there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean there's there's definitely things to complain about with New York, Like I mean, God, you're living in a matchbox apartment and spending more than I've ever spent my life, you know, like, but you're paying for like living in New York City and everything.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: It's like there's there's a lot of things that that city affords you and at the cost of like, well, you're gonna live in a very small place that doesn't have a kitchen, and if you want to get a microwave, you have to get a separate little cart to wheel it around on because there's no counter space.
Speaker 7: You know, but no, I love New York.
Speaker 1: So folks, that's what we're doing today. We're ranking US cities. Oh hell yeah, are Mountmore today?
Speaker 7: And your city listener whatever it is is last happens to the loser.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're in Missouri, we're finally taking advantage of the name of this website. No just kidding, No, no, no, allegedly allegedly jkjkjk everyone else to do it.
Speaker 7: Okay, everyone's fine.
Speaker 6: I had to go see the Minecraft movie tomorrow.
Speaker 7: You have, I've heard It's okay, why my I.
Speaker 6: Never Seenieces asked me too, and I like them, so.
Speaker 7: I don't do that.
Speaker 3: When you have kids and stuff, you probably have to like see a bunch of bullshit.
Speaker 2: They haven't mentioned it to me yet, although they have been talking about Minecraft more frequently. My daughter came up to me yesterday and said.
Speaker 6: Do you like Steve.
Speaker 2: Like I took me a Borden Steve like Steve Steve Bordon like a big fan of Steve Steve. Ho, wow, it's like Steve Minecraft. And she just like she does this big cheesy grin. I'm like, yeah, I love Steve Minecraft to your kid, like he's one of the worst smash characters.
Speaker 7: How dare you bring him up in this house?
Speaker 1: Okay? Anyone else intending to see the Minecraft movie? I saw a big ass board for it in time.
Speaker 2: I do kind of want to just go to a movie, So maybe I'll ask them if they want to go, especially if Mikey comes back and says he likes it.
Speaker 7: See, because people do seem to think it's okay.
Speaker 6: I'll give you a big report on Tuesday.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 6: I think this is that like sometimes I'm not getting the big drink in the popcorns. My bladder's so small, and I'm going to miss on the movie. This is why we're like, I think I'm mostly here for the popcorn and Giant Coke zero, so I'm not gonna worry it to get up and go to the bathroom and miss important Minecraft plot details.
Speaker 2: I did have a crazy thought that it's like I have not heard a single opinion from a child about that Snow White movie. A lot of people have opinions, and it's all been adults, And I'm like, I kind of want to take my kids to go see it just to see, like what they think, just to see what a kid actually like has when they watch that movie.
Speaker 6: I'm curious that's a Disney right, yeah, but I'm not gonna go see that live action garbage now, Oh okay, don't like that either, Dan. We're most of the political though, right Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's why you only hear That's why you only hear adults talking about because it's some boomer ship that people are offended that they made a different version of it to kids. It's like, this is my first time seeing this.
Speaker 6: I don't give So you're defending the snow White remake.
Speaker 7: I'm kind of him like, like, I bet my kids are gonna like it.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what, I'll defend Rachel Ziggler till the day I fu.
Speaker 7: Yeah, for sure. Anyway, uh, gang.
Speaker 3: Your fans, how dare you?
Speaker 1: It's a good dot or whatever I said?
Speaker 7: Thought last time? I was like I think I said that. No, Like, it's good.
Speaker 1: It's all right. You can disrespect her name all you want. We don't give a ship, all right, thanks sommy.
Speaker 6: People get what I do that.
Speaker 1: I have not pulled up the run show a grub in one of the many Discord channels. We have positive that we could do a little New York City trip report because Dana and I checked out the switch to But does anyone have a game they're dying to talk about right now?
Speaker 2: I mean, Sean, Mike me, Do you guys have anything that should preempt us just talking about them?
Speaker 3: You guys can ask questions, and Jan and I can, well, I think allowed to play specifically given a bread pass that says anti passed. That's crazy. I've literally never seen that before. Like there's like a thing sometimes where it's like, okay, yeah, sometimes you know, cameramen come along our producers and it's just kind of like implied like the other and.
Speaker 2: You could like pass off the controller, but you can't play at the same time because someone else needs.
Speaker 7: That happens all the time, Like for sure, I get that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've seen someone like, what's that thing around someone's next game?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it's so weird.
Speaker 5: Second class s m badge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, remarked, Yeah, okay, here's my media badge from to See right, Like okay, says game spot media.
Speaker 7: Cool, all right.
Speaker 1: And then I noticed mine had a second piece of paper and this one he's not laminated.
Speaker 4: And it says streaky brown stuff on it.
Speaker 1: Companion pass.
Speaker 4: But what's it say on the other side, thank.
Speaker 1: You for joining us at the Nintendo Switch to experience as a companion. And then in smaller text it says not eligible for gameplay your bio on.
Speaker 5: So does that mean that Dan had one that says he can play games?
Speaker 4: No, I just didn't have the bad.
Speaker 1: One, you know what, Like it's that's funny while I Dan have to use the restroom and then my companion pass fell off and I just made a new hole I.
Speaker 7: Could have just reason, You're like, I like this whole I like being down here. Nobody brands themselves. Jane's a good boy, all.
Speaker 5: Right, Scooby dude himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, Jeff, that's right, Lexie, Jeff Backlar coworker, me companion, companion.
Speaker 6: I felt like that everybody.
Speaker 1: Jesse Vittelli had posted this on Blue Sky. But my favorite thing from the whole day, Dan, you can attest to this is in the lobby where the registration area was, there was any small TV there a monitor, and I thought like, oh, they're going to display some relevant information, perhaps a QRTES scans only the registration propum, Yes, the only TV in the room.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And there was like.
Speaker 1: A weird, very small square photo of Mario and it wasn't even high resolution.
Speaker 3: Three hundred by three hundred, and it looked kind of like he had some pixels on his hat that were fucked up. Like that was the only thing misplayed on the only TV in the one room everyone had to wait in for a while.
Speaker 5: It was like cap Mario from the sixty four or something.
Speaker 6: It's like like four eighty p Yeah, I think a bench situation from you know that movie. They wrote that dimensions on the napkin.
Speaker 5: And yes, yeah, everyone want to speculate. I think I saw Eric fan Allen call it the load bearing Mario PNG. We can't some for some reason, we moved this. I think it's fun. Yeah.
Speaker 7: We were like it's like a virgin Mary candle, like you never like it.
Speaker 4: I never use it.
Speaker 7: You have to keep it there.
Speaker 3: I had a moment when I was walking in there on the first day and it was Garrett from Pace but I haven't seen it in a while. I ran in him on the sidewalk and he was going in the right entrance and I told him like, oh, I don't think that'shere we're supposed to go. I looked at Google Maps. I think we're supposed to go over here, and he's like, I thought I was here, was like, I think it's rare. We walk in definitely the employee entrance, and so I was completely wrong. And so we walk in and it was just this huge room and there were like I want to say, one hundred and fifty people there in different like switch gear like a tire, and I was like, what is this event going to be?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 7: This is what?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Was it like when at Stamikina's Doughnuts and Wayne's Worldway opens up the rooms full of ninjas?
Speaker 4: It was like that, Yeah, it's like what the fuck? What is going on here?
Speaker 3: And I did not anticipate it being I thought it was gonna be like like I've been to the three DS reveal event like fifteen years ago, and it was like usually smaller things like Reggie does a lot of that, and it's like, no, this was like one hundred and fifteen Nintendo people there. I went into the line room and I Kleppik was behind me in the line. Got talked him for a while, so it got to see like it was kind of really nice looking around and seeing like, oh man, I guess there are You tend to think that there's just like no games media jobs anymore because everything shuts down. But looking around, say, ah shit, here's like everyone I've known and worked with for the last forever years and also people on the roads now.
Speaker 7: But yeah they're still making it happen.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it was almost kind of nice to see everyone back in the place, and like it was weird too, because after the event, I still had a night there and I was like looking to grab a beer with someone. I was messaging some friends and everyone's like, I got to.
Speaker 7: Write all night.
Speaker 3: This embargoes tomorrow is like oh writing, Yeah, Chan's editing all these people like Brian Shaane and these people like, oh yeah, and I got to write all night.
Speaker 4: Oh right, right, yeah that makes sense.
Speaker 6: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: Tryers driving back the podcast and Okay, well my work's done. I guess I'll just walk around for a few hours and meet John Vignaki at a bar.
Speaker 2: What was the setup like when you actually were in there and you saw the systems all laid out. Did they have like just a ton of stations for each game or were there big lines to like play Donkey.
Speaker 4: Kong like they all watch.
Speaker 3: She did a really good job of kind of like this, like people had like a red, an orange, or a yellow wristband to determine like the timing of when you go in, which, by the way, they were all very close in color, and I'm not color blind. It was difficult, like there's so much because this orange or yellow from everyone. And then also it's a bunch of colorblind journalists just being like I have no idea what any of this is.
Speaker 4: So that power was a little weird.
Speaker 2: But it sucks at accessibility confirmed, Yes, even as they make the wheelchair basketball game.
Speaker 6: I'm just so pretty bad at it.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 1: The other aspect is that Dan and I had different colored wristbands.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, that makes sense. Okay, just got fixed.
Speaker 4: We do have someone in the chat saying, did they clap for you?
Speaker 1: Boy?
Speaker 7: Did they?
Speaker 5: Jan?
Speaker 3: Okay, So this was a weird thing. There's the entrance to the main first thing where you go into play Mario Kart, Like the first room is Mario Kart, and it was also like the main room that you have to go in and out of if you're like leaving the building, and like Jane and I left to get lunch and we came back and stuff, and every time you leave there was like six on one side and six on the other, like a hallway of Nintendo people and every time you walk past them, they all clap. Yeah, you will see this in the video jan is gonna put up. So we as people who had to leave and go back, Like every time I go to if I go take a shit, it's just I have like twelve Yeah.
Speaker 4: I kind of like that, but I enjoyed that.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so the Tiers thing was like, okay, so the first room you go into is Mario Kart and that was the Grand pre mode and so each one of those stations you could play two players. So I raced against Alex Perry from Mashville. Very easy to just walk up there. There was no lines. I mean, they had tons and tons of kios. It's the same room that's going to host that Nintendo Experience thing, so it's a lot of people are gonna be going in there. And then they take you up to another room which is like all the third party stuff and Metroid and like the Zelda stuff, Mario Party, like everything that wasn't Donkey Kong or Mario Kart was in this one other area. And then there was another Mario Kart room that was just for the Knockout Cout and so that was twenty four kios and it was kind of great because like it doesn't start until everyone's ready up, and there was like one person who took like ten minutes to ready up. So it's just like you're seeing all the other people are like ready and then one empty spot. But it puts you into the free roam mode if someone's not ready, So instead of just like Mario Kart, Yeah, like Mario Kart, you're just sitting at that one screen watching a bunch of bees stand on the earth. No, you get to just drive around Mario Kart World.
Speaker 7: And it's just boring or is it funks? It looks fun. I hope it's not boring. It's fun.
Speaker 3: Somebody found a fucking a UFO that abducted them and then they were piloting the UFO around.
Speaker 1: That was our dear friend Jesse Vittelli. Yes, and and Dan, you found like these princess coins.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there were like weird princess coins that were like on top of like power line, so like if you like grind up there. I don't know, I didn't get to any ofm I just kept seeing them. I was like what is this Princess coin thing? But then there's stuff like you know, the like green like binocular things from three Land that like shoot into the sky and you can look around. I found those at different places and if you run into it, you can like just like kind of binocular all around the world. And like there's at least it's not just empty fields. It is like there is a bunch of Nintendo shit everywhere.
Speaker 6: Were you getting like Burnout Paradise vibes or Forts of Horizon vibes or was it much more its own thing?
Speaker 3: There are elements of both certainly. And SSX three also, I think by how Sex three was that one big mountain and you could chain together multiple legs and that's kind of how this works, Like the Knockout mode changed together all these things, and I think as a result of that, you know, I probably raced on four or five Grand Prix tracks and also the big Knockout mode thing. All the tracks I saw were more of that like Mount Warrior kind of new Rainbow Road thing where it's different legs instead of laps, because you know, they all connect, so it's not like, you know, three laps around. I don't know if that's the case with every track in the game, but like that's really good for variety because the first track I did was like, okay, it was a bunch of like dirt paths and stuff like that. And then and like the second leg there's just a bunch of dinosaurs everywhere, like huge you know, Bronsaurus and stuff, stomping all around. And then the third lap or leg was this big facility where they're like keeping all the dinosaurs and stuff, and I realized, like, oh shit, this is a Jurassic Park track. This is like one like a Jurassic Park reference, and like it's so much more fun than just doing the same thing three times in a row.
Speaker 4: So yeah, yeah, that that was super cool.
Speaker 5: I thought, was that in still the knockout mode or were you talking about Grand Prix?
Speaker 4: That was Grand Prix? Okay, Knockout mode has to be that way because it has to like chain to.
Speaker 7: The right level.
Speaker 5: They did show in one of the videos that there's at least one of them more like the simple Oval track whatever it might be. It kind of looked like the excite By track or whatever. It like they're one of the walls like opens up at the end and everyone drives to the next course and you just start racing on the next course.
Speaker 3: So it's interesting, okay, okay, So maybe that's the case with some of them, is that it's.
Speaker 6: Just like, yeah a pat Man, Yeah, I have always been a little hard on Mario Kart, and I am so excited for this. It's so neat that they actually are taking a bigger swing here and they actually are changing things up. They aren't just doing Mario Kart nine or ten or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the idea of exploring a world in the cars, because the cars look really fun to drive. They like the big wheels and going off roading and the way they change vehicles to go across water or to turning the planes. It all looked really fantastic. And like hearing that there's just stuff to find everywhere, it's like, oh, that is something I want to spend time doing in this open world. Mario parts and then occasionally setting like a high speed thing on a road. It looked like had some of that stuff in there too. I'm like, that's perfect.
Speaker 5: That's something I was curious about, Dan, when you talked about exploring and going out of your way a little bit to f something were you doing that during the knockout mode or during free.
Speaker 4: Roam that was free rome.
Speaker 3: I feel like you did that during knockout Like I mean, maybe there's some opportunity for shortcuts and stuff, but I was just sticking to the court.
Speaker 5: That's what I was curious about, because they did show it seemed in the knockout mode I think was when like you could get inside the giant truck and drive the truck for a little bit. I think it would be really cool if there are reasons to go out of your way and may if you find something in free roalm you and take that knowledge into the race and so then try to go out your way. If you successfully do something, you get something that might end up putting you ahead in the race. Oh sure, yeah, Because like Mark always like you know, blasted for being so rubber bandy and so like trying to keep everyone close. If they could have something that is more skill oriented that gives you incentive to learn the map and then try for this thing in the middle of race, I think that would be cool for people who are playing like a higher skill level, Like when being rubbed, we basically go back and forth until someone gets blueeshelled. When we raise, but we have reason to make go on a different path and find something different. I think that would be really fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dan, you during the free roam section. This didn't get put into the video, but you were just having fun grinding on some railroads and then eventually mission impossible, like start riding on top of a train.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just saw train tracks and it was very much like that old sixty four. I forget the desert level with the train, but like kind of looked like that desert.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I kind of just like did a U turn and I found like a ramp or something to ramp on top of the train. I'm driving on top of the train and stuff, and like this was not part of the course necessarily, but like just messing around it was super fun.
Speaker 4: Another thing that I think is just real.
Speaker 2: Quick on the how did the grinding feel? Because the looks awesome. It really looked awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because like there there was a part where it's like railroad tracks and so it'd be like grinding on one and it's not like Tony Hawk where you're gonna easily fall off or something like that. Like I went hard right and like you couldn't fall off with just like analog stick, and so you have to like intentionally like hop off, and I would hop from like one rail and try to like grind on the other and then try to get up on the power line and felt great, felt awesome. Guys might not like hearing this, but it's sonic rail keeps you locked, Okay, yeah, no, it feels it feels awesome. It feels great and like a smaller thing that isn't as a parent, and they didn't really talk about that. I really like is Mario Karty is such a game that is you know, like casual gamers will play, like I'll go home, and like my sister Katie doesn't play a lot of games, and so if me, her and Kayla are playing, you know, it's like okay, I gotta explain, like okay, turn off this thing that's like bumper bowling, turn off the auto accelerate, and then like don't worry about about the wheels or the glider. Like it's just like there's those barriers when you're picking your car and stuff, and this one is just like pick a character, pick do you want a car or a bike?
Speaker 1: What do you want?
Speaker 3: And then it's like not like I don't know if there's like weight stats or anything like if you pick bowser versus toad or something like that, but it's more straightforward.
Speaker 1: I think stuff has come out since in one of the Treehouse Treehouse uh streams that there may be a stats still, but I don't.
Speaker 7: Like underlying stats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, is that bumper bowling thing in there, because my kids use that and it's been fantastic.
Speaker 7: Maybe.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's not like you know, on the old one on eight it was like those three things that were.
Speaker 2: Very apparently it's the bumper bowling which steers for you, it's auto accelerate, and it was motion controls.
Speaker 7: Okay, things.
Speaker 3: I wonder if I, well, we know that there's going to be some similarce in motion controls because they show those wheels. So it wouldn't surprise me if it's like inn a pause menu or some other way of accessing it versus having to pick it every time and default into sort of things.
Speaker 7: God sounds good.
Speaker 5: We were speculating about speaking of stats, which, by the way, Chat says that stats are seems like now associates specifically with vehicles, not with the character necessarily. We were also wondering the outfits the costumes. Did you guys figure out what that was all about?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it looks neat when you could pick them, but I was confused about what the mechanic is for when you switch them in the middle of a ring.
Speaker 5: Yeah. We thought that might be like playing into the stats and affects your stats based to like make it more appropriate for the course you were on or something.
Speaker 1: So Dan was originally in a racer suit for Wallawigi, and then when we switched to the next level or the next world or stage, Wallawigi became like mad Max Wallawigi. So I think it may just be a visual thing. Yeah, Like there wasn't any like discernible feel right.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, unlocking cosmetics is something you would want to in an open world game like that.
Speaker 3: But things do seem like it triggers it where it's like I actually started a Mariachi Wallowigi.
Speaker 7: You can't do that.
Speaker 4: Racing suit thing is not like a selectable thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I went to the Yoshi drive through fast food places.
Speaker 3: I ate like a big stack of pancakes, and then all of a sudden, Wallowigi was wearing like a skin tight racing suit. And then I crossed over into this like kind of more Southwestern style like desert area, and then Wallowegi's got a purple mohawk and like spiky shoulder road warrior stuff. And so I wonder if it is going to be like on those longer races, like as you cross the barrier into a certain thing. But those costumes are incredible. Alex Ferry raced as what was the was it Aristocrat King Boo or something.
Speaker 4: Woo with a fancy coach.
Speaker 3: And fucking funny. There's Burger Bud Toad who has like a hamburger head.
Speaker 1: There there were some costumes for Daisy that I had to omit from the video because I was worried about Mike Manatti there.
Speaker 7: Send those directly to Mike.
Speaker 4: There's a there was a bikini Daisy. He knows, Mike, you just smiles to me.
Speaker 7: He's told me fifteen times.
Speaker 1: There was one where she had an outfit similar to a princess Jasmine as well. Oh there was ye.
Speaker 2: Apparently they on the treeout stream they were avoiding getting the costumes as the cow.
Speaker 7: What won't they show us? What won't they show us?
Speaker 3: It's so fucking funny because everyone else is like more words adedwards, mariachi wa, laugi yoshi and cow cow.
Speaker 5: Okay hang I have before anyone says anything else. Jan and Dan, how do you feel about just like random like mumomeus, cows and stuff being racers?
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: There's the fucking dolphin with goggles. There's a fucking penguin from sixty four. Give me all of those weirdos.
Speaker 6: I love that.
Speaker 5: Who was being a funny duddy about it? Mike?
Speaker 7: Is he attractive? Is literally floating above a motors like?
Speaker 4: Well, it's not realistic enough for you?
Speaker 7: Don't play? This was this was what I was in real history. Guy here, Mike, is it for you? Now?
Speaker 4: That's it?
Speaker 6: That's the problem the enemy.
Speaker 7: Look, we're in a post Star Souls world with everybody. Jesus, what what is your what's your problem with that? Mike?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 7: They're just not real people.
Speaker 4: Like there's a dinosaur.
Speaker 6: I didn't I don't know.
Speaker 7: It's just like it's just like I didn't look at a Mario Price.
Speaker 6: I think just a goomba? Is it the same as donkey Kong rights?
Speaker 1: We know what you mean?
Speaker 6: I can't vote.
Speaker 7: Look, this is a.
Speaker 6: Big hang up, but I'm not gonna prop be playing as you know, a delfino or whatever.
Speaker 7: I I play as a penguin.
Speaker 3: I go.
Speaker 4: Flip you up in the air and the watermelon level the.
Speaker 6: Look and then like I'm being one back to I can't believe that's the one they picked. They are picking weird random ones. Almost the weirder the better in my opinion. Yes, I've even seen dry bones yet, though I think which bones is in there? He's then okay, everyone me then cool, try not to swear as much.
Speaker 7: I said.
Speaker 3: F means that it's funnier, it's it's incredible, It's it's like there's no denying that big that. I think they have knocked it out of the park with.
Speaker 6: The always this open world thing, like is there remotes just to like play through a series of tracks?
Speaker 4: Will be that?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 7: Like is that where old tracks could show up?
Speaker 3: I would I would imagine, I mean they didn't know that available here? But uh yeah, did they say in the trailer or something like the most tracks ever most something?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: I think, well, you'll be definitely less than the end of ninety six. But it looked I'm trying to do the math on it because it was two rows, so I think it's ten Grand Prixs. So like praise standard Mario Kart stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm interested to just like drive with you all across that map. Yeah, just like find I want to hang out in this.
Speaker 8: Game a hangout games, Isn't that like something that's almost built in, like a race across the map or whatever.
Speaker 7: Could you do like one of those elimination things, but have it being across all of the tracks.
Speaker 3: I bet they will have some mode it's like unlockable to get all golds and win FIFTCC where it's like, oh the Grand Prix, Grand Tour or whatever.
Speaker 6: Too old Mario Kart. It's a mad mad mad mad world.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there you go, Mario Kart, mad man, mad man. Oh we could do a cannon ball run. Yeah yeah yeah Dan.
Speaker 1: We also played the additional mode that they added to Mario Party. Yes, we did the Bowser TV show thing. Yes, yeah, the Connect game.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I've been so excited about this. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: I'm like every time I see it, I'm like, it looks it looks like good stupid, especially because it's like it'll work fun online and we'd like all this is like just one one to one ee toy ripoff stuff. Yeah, and yet somehow, somehow it being Mario party and online. So it'll be good for streaming, good for us to do content, but also just like good for a Friday night with the family or whatever across the country.
Speaker 7: I'm like, this seems like such a good time. I can't wait. It's like a killer app for me.
Speaker 3: I'm holding out hope that because at one point in one of the presentations they said like, oh, yeah, you can plug in a USBC camera to the top part, and they didn't like they are so specific with their branding and stuff like that that I think by them not specifying like you could plug in the Nintendo to switch camera to the top board, they said USBC. So it makes me think that, oh, you can just throw a Logitech in there or something like that.
Speaker 2: So Tory has announced a third party one that is a different camera, but it actually looks like a Piranha plant.
Speaker 7: Wonderful, it's less it's less money than the official one.
Speaker 2: It's probably gonna be a b better quality because we're apparently makes very good stuff. Yeah and that, but that yes, what we're assuming here is you're gonna be able to plug in just about any USB C camp.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's something any USB camera with an adapt They got.
Speaker 5: Pretty good about that with the switch, where you can kind of just use most USB controllers. You can use pretty much a USB headset, so presumably, yeah, you'll just be able to plug in by are USB c webcam to the top and then maybe even whatever into the dock.
Speaker 3: Quick aside, I learned last weekend that I was played Metrod Primary Master, and I was curious, like what I played in a shoot GameCube controller through the switch adapter, And it did and it automatically just swapped all the controls to the original right primes.
Speaker 5: Well fun, yeah, because I think everything's mapped already and when you plug a GameCube controller into a switch, it just reads as a pro controller.
Speaker 4: So oh but I mean yeah, every button was exactly what it should have been.
Speaker 1: That was cool.
Speaker 7: Anyway.
Speaker 4: I was thinking, sorr, I'm getting all over the place.
Speaker 3: But I was at the airport bar yesterday wait in front flight, and I was playing uh Metroid, and I did the I needed to charge it and so I did only have to charge it from the bottom one and so maybe it really like awkward to like stand up, like, huh, that'll be good having that top port. And I'm sitting there with the joy cons disconnected, playing like this, and I had at this point played Metrod Prime four with the mouse mode, and it's like mouse mode would be really good right now?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Can I quickly share my airport debacle from yesterday?
Speaker 4: Please?
Speaker 7: Get it all right?
Speaker 1: So my I had an early flight to leave eight am, supposed to board at seven thirty. I was roughly last. When I checked Google the night before, it said it would take about thirty minutes to get to the airport. I woke up at five am, and then I looked at Google Maps five thirty am and it said, yah, I'm still gonna take thirty minutes. I'm like, okay, cool, let me just double check I got everything before I go. Rushing out of the hotel six o'clock, I jump in the Uber. It suddenly says it's now going to take fifty minutes to get to the airport. And I'm like, okay, that's cut it a little bit of close, that's that's fine, that's okay, And then Uber driver drops me off at the wrong terminal. No, he dropped me off at terminal one. I had to be a terminal eight, so I quickly run over to the air train. AirTrain says like, it's gonna be ten minutes until the next shuttle. I'm like, okay, okay, that's fine. This fine's fine. Skeep calms okay, and then I get I finally get to the right terminal and then I jump into the security line, and this lovely TSA person keeps changing the line dividers on me, like just as I'm about to proceed to the next section, he's.
Speaker 7: Like, no, you gotta go over that way, son.
Speaker 1: I'm like, all right, okay, and then it happens not once, not twice, but four times where I am now being corralled intol like the furthest possible TSA line. I get through that fine. They check my passport, my boarding past, no proper, and then there's only a handful of folks in front of me for the X ray machine. And I was a little bit worried because I'm carrying a bunch of camera gear. Oh no, They're gonna be confused that some of the cables in my bag or whatever camera bag goes in Fine, comes out fine. My luggage which had my seapap machine in it gets flagged. The lady is taking her sweet time to unzip my bag and tell me what's wrong with it. And she's like, and I have to run this through the X ray machine again. And I'm like, you have to run both, gotta run both. You're just one. I gotta run both, runs both through. And I'm like, okay, all right, all right, it's still oh god, okay, we're kind of close.
Speaker 7: But it's fine. It's fine.
Speaker 1: Boarding takes a while, right, I'm the last boarding group. And then but my seapap machine goes through my luggage, gets through, no problem. Throw my seapap machine back into my luggage. I run all the way to where my gate was, and that involved going down two different flights of stairs via escalator and then up another flight of stairs, and of course there are people in front of me. That's not fucking stick to the right and let me move from the left.
Speaker 7: I hate that.
Speaker 1: And earlier in the day, I just opened up my Apple wallet. I looked at where the boarding gate was. I run all the way and it is virtually on the end of the wing of the part of the airport I'm in and I get there, no one is there. There's no sign, there's no agent there. I'm like, what, No, they normally hang out if I missed it.
Speaker 7: I didn't miss it yet, what's going on?
Speaker 1: I open up my America Airlines app and I see that the gate had changed. And then, because it was so early in the morning, my phone was still on do not Disturb, and I did not check the texts to see that it had updated and that I had gotten that text at seven am. So then I am like looking around and I just start bolting. I at this point take my care my ROLLI bag. I put it on my shoulder like a big ass boombox, and I'm bolting down JFK, trying to get which is now the opposite side of this wing, the furthest fucking gait possible?
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then I get to the gate and then like the oldest man new York in New York is working at an American Airlines.
Speaker 7: It's like, what's your rush, buddy, you got one minute left before we taking over.
Speaker 1: I'm like, very funny. Uh. And then I get in and then I gotta do the dance now of like there's no space to put my bag in like economy, and I go back to like first class. I'm like, hey, got you put my bag up here, and the guy goes like, no, you gotta go over there, and no one wants to help me say that, tell me that there's a free section or whatever free space up top. I eventually throw my bags in, I said. And then the worst part of it at a middle seat.
Speaker 7: Oh wow, all that for a middle seat?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then like I'm just sweating buckets trying to calm down, and uh, the guy next to me kept sneezing.
Speaker 7: Oh so you got the twelve monkeys disease.
Speaker 1: On top of it.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Anyway, sorry about that.
Speaker 3: Quick bad because they offered seven hundred dollars to someone to take the next flight and I didn't take it, and I regret of it.
Speaker 7: Oh man, yeah, I know, so feel bad for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah I do.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 7: Get Yeah, that's a retort.
Speaker 1: You have to go through that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a retro. I realized I did divert from a grub. You're talking about the camera stuff for Maria Party. You'd being super excited about that, so yeah, so what is is it the Bowser game show thing that you're particularly excited about?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I just like the idea of even when I'm miserable, now you will be able to see my misery on the screen, and something about like my face being right next to my character and me just being in such like pain, Like that's funnier to me is anything else.
Speaker 7: That's the thing.
Speaker 3: I didn't play the actual Maria party mode. We just did kind of the Bowser game show thing.
Speaker 7: Which that stuff looks great too, looks fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I do think that Warrio with like a glittery Bobby Heen and Jackie would make for a better game to a host than Bowser, but hey, maybe he's here.
Speaker 4: It was very fun.
Speaker 3: It's just there's something very funny about like it just taking this It's not like some crazy advanced three D camera. It's just taking the flat image of me and Jan and having us come out of a pipe, and it's like we're PaRappa characters.
Speaker 7: It was one in videos, just like we're pretty good at like tracking bodies. Now you want to do something with this. Nintendo's like, sure, this is a.
Speaker 5: Party of broadcast stuff, and it was.
Speaker 3: It was fine and like cropping out like it does. It's kind of that zoom thing where it's like mostly taxed out the background, but every once in a while whatever. And then like there was the Goomba game thing where it's like it'sos to like put them on your head, and it was definitely just like fucking up the tracking on my head and things like that.
Speaker 7: Kind of chancy to do just fine in the video shiny heads.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's you need to wear a banie or something, but it did kind of remind me of like that first meeting I had with the Xbox One Connect stuff when I'm sitting on a couch with Phil Spencer and Don Mattrick and they're like in a room that is like designed to be perfect for the Connect and it still didn't work. It's like, well, okay, well this is clearly supposed to be a good space for this camera thing, and it was kind of being a little funky, but ultimately it's a goofy, silly like Mario Party side mode that I'll probably laugh a lot playing on a stream or something.
Speaker 2: So we'll do it like once or twice, and that's kind of all I need to get out of it, and just I'm excited about it.
Speaker 7: I think it'll be good.
Speaker 5: Something I've been noticing with swisshe is that it's pretty clear that Nintendo learned what a zoom call is during the pandemic while they were designing the system, and a lot of that is in the system with game chat and everything. But also I feel like they're trying to bring like stream or culture to the individual and just hanging out hang out like on a Discord call with your friends and everything people do they'll all already, but also bringing the concept of putting yourself in the game, seeing yourself on a screen, and sharing that with your friends. They're trying to make the very Nintendo family friendly version that.
Speaker 1: When my stuff they're doing, I can't even get my own friends to watch any of the things I do on the real now they're not going to pick up my game check calls.
Speaker 3: I do think it's just smart having like you know, even if I saw a lot of people being like no Discord exists, it's like yeah, but like you think about, like again, the casual gamer, Like I think about my sister Katie, who will get a switch and just Mario Kart and that'll be all she plays. And now it's like, oh if I play with her, like she doesn't have USB microphones and a Discord account, or anything like if it's just like, yeah, use the one on the controller and then we can just kind of chat and play Mario Kart like that.
Speaker 4: Will I think people will use that, even if it's not like as good as the stuff that we use, you know, it's.
Speaker 2: Yea yeah, I per to have the option, Like I'm glad that the Steam deck has built in microphone things like that for like the one once or twice I've used it.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I'll use it a couple of times.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 7: I'm glad it's there though, for when I need it. Okay, So what are you wanna talk about next? Or can we get to.
Speaker 1: Donkey Kong or maybe Metroid Prime. Yeah, it's because lightly Ian showed off a really really neat thing with the joy Con stuff there, because I was worried that like, are they going to limit this to like the mouse function or if you split it off, or if you're playing it docked versus like handheld, but Dan please Yeah, So.
Speaker 3: They definitely were showing off the mouse stuff, and again it was one of those perfect scenarios where it's like you have a giant flat surface that's covered in mousepad material that's not at all going to be how you play at home, And that was a concern of mine, was that, like I played my switch mostly on a couch or in a recliner, and if I'm not, I'm like holding it in my hand, So like I wondered how often I'd be in a situation for the mouse stuff. But playing it like this, I think it was the best way to play it was with the mouse. It took a little bit of getting used to because it is skinny and so like you're holding you know, like this thing here. You used to like, I'm sure there's gonna be third party shells and stuff that you can just like shove it into it. That makes sense, But it takes a little getting used to the way you gotta hold it. And at first, when I was holding it like a normal mouse, it would like turn to the left and right like flip down sometimes and I'd have to write it up. But then I learned you kind of have to pinch it as you're like, it's just it feels different than normal mouse. But it took a few minutes for me to get used to it. And you do also have to hit the side like the face button. It's like you're jumping a lot in Metroid Prime, so like you do have to treat it like side buttons on a gaming mouse, you know, but again get used to it's super quick. But the thing Jan's referring to is I was wondering, if, like I got to a specific point where I wanted to like just hold it in separated joycon mode, if it would like you know, pause into a pop up being like do you want to change to this control mode.
Speaker 4: No, it didn't do that.
Speaker 3: I went straight from mouse to like just picking it up, and it instantly knew what I was doing, didn't even say anything on the screen. Then I'm just playing with dually analyg sticks perfectly. And if I went into like the aim mode, I could like, you know, do the point you know, the we Metroid Prime three style if you want to. But it just went between these three modes so seamlessly, And I have no doubt that if you were able to just put them back into the system, then you're just playing, you know, like it's it's seamless, and I could see situations where I'm going from.
Speaker 4: Mouse to dual stick on the fly picks it up immediately.
Speaker 7: So did you did you have an opportunity to try the mouse on your leg.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't know, no, because we weren't sitting down, right.
Speaker 2: I figured, Yeah, that's why I'm like, you're almost certain certainly standing up at one of those stations. That's how these things always work. I'm curious about that. Like, you know, I'm maybe every once in a while I want to like.
Speaker 7: Use the mouse for a little bit.
Speaker 2: I'll just like, I'm not going to go to a table. Can I make this work on my leg for like the next ten minutes? Maybe I'm curious to see I need.
Speaker 6: A table anyways to prop up the switch at that point?
Speaker 7: Then, right, well you be playing on the TV.
Speaker 3: Yeah, doc, Yeah, I don't see myself getting like a lap board or anything. But like I can plug in my switch to this at the computer desk and just you know, play here. If I'm doing like if Mario Maker gets the update that lets you do it with the mouse, like, yeah, I'm just gonna.
Speaker 7: Sit down and do it that way, which they have not announced, by the way, which is insane.
Speaker 3: But it was in the like it showed the kind of scrolling background of games that are getting switched to upgrades, and it did show the icon for Mariomaker two.
Speaker 1: It did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it didn't say mouse stuff or anything, but it did say like there is a thing where was like and more games are coming, you know, switch to stuff. And there was like a scrolling three tiered background thing, and they showed Marimaker two.
Speaker 7: All right, let's go I'm hopeful.
Speaker 4: Oh I'll go nuts on it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that'd be great mode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, But no, it felt really good and just you know, removed from the hardware part of it. Metroid Prime four, Oh, it's so great. It's the It was interesting because Metrod is such like an isolated, like lonely you know game, you know by its whole history, and this demo was very do you remember that Halo two demo that New Mombasa one where it's just like all those ships and expressions troops died and so it felt like that, which is not what it feels like.
Speaker 6: It's kind of cinematic three did a similar thing a bit.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it kind of.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't think I think we saw what you saw Dan on Tree high House the next day. And first of all, they did a four K stream, which is still just a weird thing for Nintendo due that I need to get used to it looked.
Speaker 7: Yeah, four K streams are weird for anybody, like a lot of.
Speaker 5: It's hard to stream at four K, but yeah, it looked fantastic on that stream, and it is I was getting big like metroy Prime three in that era sort of like visually Halo four vibes from the visuals and everything like that, but does kind of open Metro Prime three a little bit where you know, Samus is coming into hot like the battles going on and she has to talk to the Federation troopers and everything like that. But it seems like that could just be like the sort of cold open to the game.
Speaker 3: I'm expecting that, and then they take your abilities away and stuff, because like I did have you know, the more fall and missiles and stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so like I'm sure it's.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you got that way. Yeah, I don't know if you got this. But at the end, like she has a confrontation with Silux, he like shoots the artifact that's the logo for the game, and then gets like teleported. Probably it seems like I'd assume that's where you like end up on whatever planet she's on and then loses the abilities and Earth that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think it's going to be a game that's like stocked with like friendly NBC's and the war scenes, which is a metrod Prime it's good because.
Speaker 5: Three had too much of that, and so I think that's them going, Okay, we can use this for like a cool intro batter that it's like more prime one, you know, just go explore.
Speaker 3: No, I feel very very strongly about the game, like I think it's going to be great, and the look of it too, like it's just man four K.
Speaker 4: Metroid or one hundred and twenty frames a second like that is so wild.
Speaker 7: Did you get a chance to play both?
Speaker 4: They didn't know.
Speaker 3: They didn't touch on that with the demo four K sixty the way you were playing it, I would imagine, but yeah, they didn't confirm or have anything on the stringy Yeah okay, yeah.
Speaker 7: But yeah. Boss fight was great.
Speaker 6: Sharp looks sharp.
Speaker 3: I mean the boss fight thing was there was like a very the boss fight was specifically like a weak point thing where it's a lot of like you know, lost Planet week points popping up all over his body and so it's doing the mouse mode and it was so good at just dialing in on exactly where I wanted to go.
Speaker 2: Jan did you see Dan maybe like westperndonny Nintendo employees about delaying Metroit Prime for year.
Speaker 1: Dan dan get In did get into a little bit of a sticky situation after he was done with the Metroid Prime.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Oh tell us more than the video that's coming up right.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, I have been. I'm sorry I've been telling people this story because damn what happened here? All I know is you got stuck.
Speaker 3: It was an mcsher joy Con wrist trap situation where I finished just playing in mouse mode and then I was like great, and I got up to walk away and I couldn't.
Speaker 4: And was it because I had a wrist band for the sweat thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you had like a festival style wrist band, and then you had the safety strap of the joy con on.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 1: And somehow in the process of using the mouse or the joy con as a mouse and then flipping it up to use it as a joy con and a pointer, you you tangled yourself into it in a way that we needed two different people to help.
Speaker 7: It was like quantity more than a minute long, right, It's like almost two minutes. I had to cut out another minute.
Speaker 3: Oh my, and I need two Nintendo employees to come try to figure it out.
Speaker 4: And they were looking at it like what, how did this happen? We've never seen such a thing.
Speaker 2: And you're facing the video are like, well, shucks, yeah, this switch to cancel.
Speaker 7: We see how you take your phone out of your pockets. A lot of wrangling can go on there.
Speaker 3: M m yeah, that'll be in the longer video we've got coming up. Yeah, but yeah, that's that's Metroid.
Speaker 5: So exciting for that.
Speaker 7: Oh my god. GameCube.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I played some soul Caliber too against after as.
Speaker 6: I think I popped the hardest during the entire presentation when I sold Sol Covert.
Speaker 4: I went back and I watched it. I saw I'm like freak out about it, like you know what.
Speaker 3: I They announced the GameCube thing and I was like, okay, there's gonna be sunshine, you know, maybe f zero, like just thinking to the obvious first party Nintendo stuff and so yeah, whening Soul Caliber tupop. It was like, oh ship, I didn't even consider that, and that sounds incredible to me. They did say also, you would be able to switch it from four x three to sixteen by nine and I am curious if it is the like using the actual like GameCube progressive scan thing or if it is like that. I hope it is not just stretching it out Nintendo. Yeah, probably is like in supportive games that do this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, the way it was with GameCube.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it won't use like a wide screen hack dolphin style.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, it had probably you got to use the new gamekey controller that they're gonna.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so until we got the weird fucked up little dpad and all that, they just got.
Speaker 7: The game Boy Advance dpad like this, we're already making these.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, but no, I was thrilled to see GameCube on there.
Speaker 5: That was great.
Speaker 4: Then yeah, Donkey Kong.
Speaker 1: Oh boy.
Speaker 4: It had a subtitle.
Speaker 7: What was it but Danza?
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 4: Janza. Yeah yeah, I just have to say again Bonanza.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: When that word popped up on screen, it was just like, oh.
Speaker 7: Oh, like, how did we?
Speaker 1: How did we?
Speaker 4: How humans take this long.
Speaker 7: To get here?
Speaker 1: Ba?
Speaker 3: That series is lousy with bananas. And we've had a bunch of great subtitles. We've had our barrel blasts and our jungle beats and all that stuff. But Bonanza, here we go. It was right there, Like who whoever came up with that? Just make the president of Nintendo. Well, we already have Doug Bowser, which is a pretty good name for Yeah, great name, and that game like it's you know, they didn't say it at the thing or anything, but like playing it, you can see the Odyssey in there for sure, right, just the way.
Speaker 6: You get those crystal bananas, and it like the camera does the same thing as when Mario gets a moon, right, it's yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: And the moon thing is exactly how it felt getting the bananas, because like you they had one kind of open area that you could play in, like think of like a New Donk City or something, so and you're just kind of exploring around at your leisure and like occasionally you'll find like a weird thing and oh that's a moon, and occasionally there's a bigger fight or objective and it's like, oh, you got a bunch of bananas, that's three moons. Basically, Like it's very much that style, and just the way when you watch DK's face doing anything when he's coming out of the water and taking a breath, when he's taking damage and he's like kind of doing doom guy damage face, you know, like it is all animated in a way that's like, yeah, this feels like the Odyssey Team for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's really cool.
Speaker 3: Like just I said it on Blue Sky, but like three of the four face buttons are just fuck shit up buttons. Yeah, and you are just encouraged to run around. You're like just fucking everything. It is so fucking cool. And then like you check the like the map mode where it zooms out, and like all the destruction is in real time. So if you like destroy a mountain and you look at the map, that mountain's gone. And then if you fuck something up in a way where you can't get to another part of the island, there's like a reset terrain button and it just takes you back to last time and it rebuilds all this stuff you fucked up. And there's just so many times where it's like it wouldn't be like some super obvious blinking arrow pointing out a thing. I would just see the side of a mountain ra just fuck it up. And then it's like, oh shit, there's like a river inside this mountain.
Speaker 7: And there's a bunch of awesome Oh it is it is.
Speaker 3: I've played a lot of three D platformers, I have never had the feeling this one has of just like I'm just gonna run around and just go no pun intended ape shit shit.
Speaker 4: Just and stumble into cool stuff.
Speaker 3: It is, And like there's a the ZR button is basically just a button from control that lets you like pick up a chunk of something nearby and throw it. You know, you're just but you're ripping up the train and holding boulders and just chucking boulders at everything.
Speaker 7: It is so fucking cool.
Speaker 6: The impression I always kind of got because you can, like you can run up walls and everything like that. It's like, maybe not as a much of an emphasis on platforming as honesty, but more so on that sandboxiness.
Speaker 3: And just the pure exploration, the whole ultimate destruction stuff of like just the way you get sprint up a skyscraper and that like this this isn't preth the wild. There's not a stamina meter where you have to be really you know, careful with it. You were just sprinting up mountains and sucking them up.
Speaker 5: This is awesome.
Speaker 7: Is this so fun?
Speaker 5: Do you know at this point is it theoretically possible to like lock yourself out of a collectible or something by doing that, and that's why there's the research rain.
Speaker 4: But I didn't see that specific scenario happened.
Speaker 7: But that could be the case if you like destroyed the pathway to another island.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, well you brought that up. That's what made me think, like, is it possible that like, like, uh, would something be floating and then we'll like crash down if you like break off enough terrain.
Speaker 3: Do you know if that has That's a good question, Like if there was something high up and you destroyed the land leading up to it, maybe something like that could happen.
Speaker 4: Okay, we didn't see that specifically.
Speaker 1: Which a dig down ability that you can also do when you're just punching straight down. I could imagine you kind of get yourself into a bind where you just are stuck in a pit in such an awkward way.
Speaker 3: Where it's a game about digging a hole and you don't have enough jetpack juice exactly. But the thing is the ca can just bound up the sides of stuff.
Speaker 5: That's true.
Speaker 6: The year just got real the game about holes.
Speaker 3: Yeah sometimes, yes, gub I think you specific I think we're all gonna like this game a lot. I think most people will probably like this game a lot, but I think like you and I are going to really just thrive on it.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's like Honestly, as soon as I was like I it was about deforming terrain, I'm like, oh my god, they put mud Runner in my Donkey car.
Speaker 7: But what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Uh So I'm like, yeah, I want to destroy stuff and it's and then it all turns into BIPs and bobs like from an astrobot, and.
Speaker 7: It all looks just as good. Let's go.
Speaker 1: It's incredible, July, this is out. In the whole time I was a cost I was just thinking of Hulk Ultimate Destruction the whole time. Watching Dan play, I'm like, yeah, let's do this.
Speaker 3: I want to be able to take a car, rip it in half and make gloves of it so bad it with a mine card. This is a small thing, Dan.
Speaker 7: But like, what one Nintendo trope I don't love is the Navvy character?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: One of those?
Speaker 6: It seems like there's another one of those here. Was that little geo dude annoying at all?
Speaker 4: Deady tendency? My goodness, good one, good one, you know, Mike.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I played my whole like demo, which I probably played what fifteen twenty minutes or something of it, and uh, it wasn't until later when I was like going back and no, you know, it was at the end of my thing Jane, and I remember I was just like moving the camera around to look really close up at DK's face because it was so expressive and stuff, and I was like, what the fuck is that.
Speaker 4: Little guy there?
Speaker 3: And I noticed a little like ingod with the face and so like he didn't say anything, like It's definitely not like a Skywards Sword situation where it's like do you know what money is?
Speaker 6: Like, it's even try was kind of annoying it because of wisdom, like Cappy was okay.
Speaker 3: So yeah, they did not even notice it until I like zoomed the camera and it's like, oh shit, okay, there's a little good.
Speaker 4: Yeah. It's uh.
Speaker 3: The fact that that's a month after releasing, in fact, this is really smart, like Mario Kurt launching with it that is, you know, to use the old term the killer app that is a system seller, and then a month later this killer fucking Donkey Kong game comes out, and then they got all the stuff in their pockets from you know, the next actual like Mario game to Animal Crossing that are probably you know, a year later. Year one, it could be holiday, could be year two. I could see Metric Prime being the holiday thing this year, So maybe next year it's Mario and Animal Crossing. But pretty smart the way they've laid out this. These are like, yeah, Pokemon legend z A right right in.
Speaker 7: That Musso game. That's this altle Mouse game. I keep forgetting the announced.
Speaker 1: But oh yeah Warriors.
Speaker 4: I'm sure my sister was.
Speaker 5: Jail.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, so the hardware itself, did you get it? Were you always playing on TVs? Or did you get a chance to really look at that LCD screen?
Speaker 1: We did both.
Speaker 3: In fact, the first room with the Mario Kart stuff, they they encourage you to play on the TV first and then do it on the on the switch itself looked awesome on both.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 7: HDR where you like noticing like colors really popping and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: I I wasn't thinking about HDR when I was playing it. I mean, I can say it just looked really good. So like I can't say I always get into the nitty ready, like you knowial trends type you know, HDR stuff or knits or anything like that. But it looked fucking good. As far as the hardware itself and the way it feels, I cannot oversell or undersell. I cannot under sell. No, I can't overstate how good it feels to remove those joy cons and how good they feel when they are connected. Like there is just like, you know, there's the obvious you know, l n R and z R and zl up there kind of in the normal spots, and then there's this thing that you would never accidentally hit. I don't think that is like you kind of have to curve your finger around and touch on the inside there and then it just just comes right off. Yeah, and then you just and it just snapped right on and there's no rattle, there's no like gap between the planet. It's just like it feels incredibly sturdy and you press this one little thing over here and comes right off. It is so satisfying because like I love the switch, but every fucking time I especially when I'm like taking off those little side gimmicks and stuff. You know, if you're playing like Mario Carter or Mario Party, it always just feels like am I cracking plastic here?
Speaker 4: Like this feels fucked up? This it just felt world's world's better.
Speaker 7: It looked good, it looked like it looked more premium. The whole thing looks more premium compared to the switch.
Speaker 2: Is that the sense you got, like you can talk about some of the material inside was like metal and stuff like that.
Speaker 7: Did you just feel like a more expensive device?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It's metal on those Like it's fucked up now because you got R z R. You're flipping around on the side thing and you've got s R and then the grip button is g r R. You got the gurgle buttons button and that's even on the Joycon grip. But yeah, you got the metal SR and they're bigger. So it's gonna be so much better if you're playing with the joy Cons for like Mario Carter, Mario Party or something like that. But yeah, the very first thing I noticed when I picked it up was like, it really is like the difference between holding the controller that your Xbox came with and holding an elite controller where it's just like, oh, this feels more like a nice piece of electronics versus is kind of a toy, you know, like a plastic and.
Speaker 2: You were like noticing the difference the size difference between Joycon one and Joycon two. These ones are a little bit bigger. Do they feel better in your hand or anything like that? Or does that not something you noticed right away?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: The only time I was really playing with just the joy Cons in my hand was with Metroid, and that was mostly in mouse mode, which is a specific thing. I can't say, I really I didn't play a lot in like Joycon mode, you know, but the whole thing just does look and feel a lot better, even like the Joycon grip, like the material feels quite a bit better. So overall upgrades across the world, I wish. I do kind of hate the like separated dpad on the left Joycon and that is the same way now, so but I understand why they do it.
Speaker 4: I still just don't like to feel of it.
Speaker 2: I'll get a third party Joycon that sure changes that if I feel the need to.
Speaker 7: I didn't. I didn't hate the separated ones, but I definitely prefer to connect joy Con for sure.
Speaker 6: Pat should say, did you play the wheelchair game at all?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: We went up to play it and it was a thing where it was like four or six people they needed to like start the game, and it's just I didn't want to wait around for you know.
Speaker 7: If only Jan could play.
Speaker 4: Yeah, rules or rules Mike, you know.
Speaker 1: I tried sitting down, and then the attendant slapped my hands. Yeah, yeah, get out of your companion or what it's worth. I don't remember seeing anyone else with a companion pass.
Speaker 7: You're in the companion class, all right, class of one.
Speaker 3: I did play with the pro controller, and that felt significantly better. I think, yeah, I like this, which one pro controller, but this this did feel a lot better.
Speaker 1: Day.
Speaker 6: Let's say for some reason, you can only you can only ever have one game that you played from there, right, all the other ones are going to go into the ether. What was your favorite game? What's the one game that you have to have?
Speaker 3: I mean, in that desert Island scenario, I think you almost have to go with Mario Kart just because of the like breadth of content and assuming the desert island has an Internet connection, obviously there's a lot going on there. But Donkey Kong seems exceptional as well, So it really is a toss up between.
Speaker 1: Mario Kart and Donkey Kong. I will says right else zone, but yeah, uh. The attendant working the booth said that Dan was the only person to find Cranky Kong that day.
Speaker 7: That's right, really, I mean that they always lied to us to make us feel better, but I believe this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I believe that Cranky looks like old Cranky, which thought that was fun that, like everything else is few art style and then it's just that's Cranky Kong from Super Nintendo, you know.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, speaking of did you see the uh dk C level that's in there at all? Did that in any way play into what you.
Speaker 4: Oh, the two D thing?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I did not see that ship. They just had this one kind of hub or not hub, but with this one world open doors.
Speaker 5: So yeah, we were kind of wondering if that would be like the like the ape and Mario stuff in Odyssey or something where you just like, you know, go to a war pipe or something similar and play it for a little bit.
Speaker 3: But because that being it seems like that makes sense for that to pop up occasionally, like like you said, Mario Odyssey.
Speaker 7: Yeah, break up the pacene a little bit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, did you get to try any of the like the third party ports I don't know if Hitman was there. I saw that Hogwarts Legacy was I don't know if he went up.
Speaker 4: I did not see person. That's no line the entire day interesting.
Speaker 3: I felt awkward walking through that aisle every time because there's like every station has someone standing on it.
Speaker 1: They're all like looking at it. You like, hey, you want to play Dan? Did you notice there was someone dressed up as a wizard there?
Speaker 4: I did not notice that.
Speaker 1: No, Okay, it even worse, Doug Bowser.
Speaker 5: What else?
Speaker 4: They did not have hip Man.
Speaker 3: They did have the Breath of Wild and Tears updates, which I just kind of looked over his shoulder a little bit and watched some of that, and like, it looks a lot better. I think I will finally play through Breath the Wild again. It seems like a way to do it.
Speaker 1: Vitelli did check out Cyberpunk, and he did. He said, like it felt good, uh via handheld right?
Speaker 3: Like yeah, he said, once it gets blown up, that's when you can kind of tell a little of the jig the opposite.
Speaker 7: Okay, I was confused by that. I bet, I bet the Telly's right and what I heard was wrong, so okay.
Speaker 1: Also, he was also very high in Yaku's zero.
Speaker 6: So that but about bravely default. Anyone check that it's probably not a Dan game?
Speaker 7: Have that?
Speaker 1: No? I don't think that was there.
Speaker 7: No, there was the demo game the wait did you get to do guess the guess the frame rate?
Speaker 3: I guess I'm gonna do that where it shows the like basketball or whatever and it's like, how many frames is is that?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Like most people when they showed that, I was like, oh, this seems fun, this seems cool, and they said.
Speaker 7: Paid, and what are you doing there?
Speaker 4: Incredible?
Speaker 3: Uh nikky post on Blue Sky of the domino meme and the little one is Obama making fun of Trump at the dinner and the video Nintendo charges for the tutorial game.
Speaker 7: Okay, there's so many more dominoes after that.
Speaker 4: Yes, but I mean that looks fun.
Speaker 3: I'm sure I'll get a code for it and enjoy it, but I'm not going to defend them charging for the like here's what the joy cuns do, Here's what a frame rate is game?
Speaker 7: You know? Did you see the cool thing?
Speaker 2: I like the four K Super Mario one one where like the level stretches across all that it.
Speaker 3: Looks met I like those things, those like gimmick things to come like face raiders. You remember on this shows off the ar thing put your face in the little thing like in then there's done that stuff in the past, and I was hoping for like something like this sports Like yeah, Wi Sports is a full on pack on Mario World was a pack in mar you know, yeah, it's it seems like there's cool ideas there.
Speaker 4: I think I'm gonna have fun with it, but turn.
Speaker 1: For it is I just thought of the dumbest idea that I want with the mouse functionality, I just want air hockey.
Speaker 7: Oh they have air hockey in Mario Party.
Speaker 2: I saw that on Treehouse Live with the There was there's a bunch of mice game in Mario Party Live as well.
Speaker 3: I think dragging the like bowser emails to the trash can, stuff like that exactly.
Speaker 5: And one of them was air hot Clubhouse fifty two is gonna pop off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna move a stuff that sounds awesome.
Speaker 1: Use my trigger buns to move my chest pieces across the board would be great, all right?
Speaker 5: Gang?
Speaker 1: That was mostly Dan's fun times checking out the switch.
Speaker 7: You saw there was a picture of you with three cameras in front of you. What was going on there?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, you know, I gotta I gotta be the ultimate companion here. I gotta get them on every single angle. I gotta do one for social on the phone, I gotta get more additional b roll on the OSMO, and then the main camera right in front of me, and then all together two videos for Embarrio that lifts the next morning. Yeah, yeah, thanks, thanks you guys. Actually I have some I talk amongst yourselves while I get something that I want to talk about that frustrates the shit out of me.
Speaker 2: Like Dan, you mentioned this a little bit, but the vibes were like E three kind of right like it it felt like a nice cool event, like actually like Nintendo's back doing these kinds of things and that was nice to go to.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it felt like a big deal.
Speaker 3: And like I said, you know, just seeing a bunch of like you know, the game, like the amount of media people that were there and the excitement over this, it really did kind of feel like like you knew this was a big one and this was probably like the biggest one of these sents, maybe the last time they showed up the switch because I went to the Switch one reveal event in New York with Gersman and like that that felt big.
Speaker 4: But it was like, you know, like one to switch with.
Speaker 3: One of the headliners, and likely like zelden And and Mario Kart at the time, wasn't the biggest news because it was it was the last one, you know, like this felt a lot, a lot bigger than the Switch reveal or the three DS reveal or the ones I've done in the past, you know, certainly the way you reveal.
Speaker 1: Okay, speaking about having three cameras, I borrowed the game spot a kit for for going out on the road and filming events, and I think I took this Peak design tripod on its maiden voyage. And Dan gives the price of this correctly, grub Sean Minati. This is a carbon fiber tripod. This unfolds to like maybe.
Speaker 7: A little bit shorter than me. How much do you think this, Jimmy jam goes for. I couldn't fiber.
Speaker 2: That's the stuff that navvy bones are made out of in the movie Avatar, So it's gotta be worth quite a lot. No, No, I'm always talking about the Avatar Navi. I'm gonna say because the way you're presenting. I'm gonna say, uh, I almost say two fifty three hundred, Sean five hundred.
Speaker 7: Uh, pretty close.
Speaker 1: It is four hundred. Smackeroos.
Speaker 6: I got it on the dot.
Speaker 7: Sean and I tied Jan.
Speaker 5: You know, I spent thirty dollars for one for an Amazon knockoff, right, and they were.
Speaker 6: Sure I have a correction I won. Sean went over.
Speaker 7: Rules.
Speaker 5: You can't retro actually prices as right rules.
Speaker 7: That's the default rules all the time, you know, and and so like.
Speaker 1: For folks that don't know, Peak Design has like kind of a rep in the game for bags and camera gear for being pretty pretty pricey. But this stuff is pretty well engineered and it feels nice. This is very like, this is super tall. It's a nice, very light.
Speaker 5: Yeah. The angle is you can put it very high. Okay.
Speaker 6: So yeah, so it costs one hundred dollars, then I wonder what it's gonna cost it a month.
Speaker 7: Four hundred. You lost down because you got a price wrong after he told you what it was.
Speaker 6: Shit.
Speaker 1: But let me tell y'all. As a as a camera person, an important part of a tripod is a fluid head mount, where you can like you know, point up, point down to get angles.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this looks kind of cramped and it's up.
Speaker 1: The head here doesn't go up or down. It doesn't even pan what So what are the fuck what am I gonna spend I didn't have.
Speaker 9: To spend this four hundred dollars on a fucking tripod that can only just point forward and like I have to haphazardly like squeeze the legs together to make it kind of go up more down more.
Speaker 7: You can probably bring your.
Speaker 2: Own like like resistance, like a swivel thing or whatever. Then that kind of defeats the point of this.
Speaker 1: That's not the point, grub. This is gonna fold down super small. Give me some good head ship, give me like a flexible fluid ball head. Sorry, just like with camera gear, I get very work side. Anyway, If Pete Design wants to send me one, though, like hey, I'll take it, and then I'll go buy my own tripod head and it'll be fine anyway, gang, anyone else got a game they want to talk about now?
Speaker 6: I talk about tariffs.
Speaker 7: Dan, you take the floor.
Speaker 3: Okay, I got a fun announcement here. I accidentally wore the shirt today. I got on the pre call and Sean was like, oh, oh, good choice the shirt. I was like, oh yeah, I live Sunshine forgetting that. Today was the day that months ago I reached out to Sean being like, hey, they're probably gonna announce a new Mario that switched to Thing, and you know, we put up all of Middle Year Scanlon, we put up all of Mario Party Party.
Speaker 4: Maybe if the day after they announced the.
Speaker 3: New Mario, we put up every episode of steal My Sunshine on YouTube, and uh, Mario didn't get announced, but Sean had all that work done and they are ready to go. So I believe Sean, is it tonight. We've got eighteen episodes, fortyish hours of steal My Sunshine going out.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So after the power block is done today and everything else is posted for the day, I'm just gonna drop all of those into your YouTube feeds in order. There will be a playlist where you watch them all in order if you want, and just revisit another you know, classic Giant Bomb series that we're busting out of the Premium vault.
Speaker 7: You're really messed up by not doing bananas.
Speaker 4: Sean just got that plane? Can you really quick get those already? By tonight a.
Speaker 1: Little bit sean over the local files for that. It's on your local personal drive, not on drive. Okay, all right, because I was thinking, what if we just let the power block keep running.
Speaker 7: Oh shit, I can't.
Speaker 4: Run eighteen hours to steal my sunshine.
Speaker 1: Yeah we might, We might be able to do that. We can make that, you know what shot. I'll download the videos from YouTube and then put them in a playlist on the v mix machine. Okay, just just so you don't got to clog up your pipes.
Speaker 5: My pipes aren't big enough for that anyways.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hell yeah, But that'll be on YouTube as long as we have a YouTube channel. And so check out there and check out Mario Party Party, check out middle of your Scanling. I really like the idea of just letting all these things out of the old paywall vault. So Sadwich Sunshine is the new one.
Speaker 7: Fantastic.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna watch that.
Speaker 7: That's exciting.
Speaker 4: That was one of my favorites. Sever I love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you haven't seen it, I did a bunch of game show bullshit to Mario Sunshine and it was very fun.
Speaker 7: And everyone else is not having as much fun.
Speaker 5: As he is.
Speaker 7: I don't know Appy he was into it.
Speaker 1: Well, Abby is a good sport, is why?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think Alex might have had some grumbling. I think many many sees the pauseverything we've.
Speaker 5: Seen thumb Nails. I'm not sure I Vinnie is still feeling that way by the end.
Speaker 4: There d sixty four in the game Anarctica at the end of this thing.
Speaker 7: That's true?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yes, uh, alright, Gang, I think we're gonna wind down for BCR. We're gonna take a little bit of a break before we get the pipes back up and running for unprofessional Fridays. But Gang Twitch two is coming out maybe.
Speaker 7: Maybe who doesn't want to pro order it now? Who knows how much is actually gonna cost? Oh my god, I know when I'm going to I'm just gonna make a quick trip up the windsor.
Speaker 1: There we go. Uh, We're all going to take a family road trip to Canada, and we're all gonna get together and camp outside Best Buy Canada. I don't know if they have Best Buys in Canada and buy one, buy one for each other, and then get back and then have to avoid the border police. Different reasons than uh than usual than usual.
Speaker 3: By the way, thinking back to Alex crumbling, I forgot that Alex sunshine so much that he refused to be on.
Speaker 6: In there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny alright, gang, If you're watching live, stay tuned. We'll be back with Unprofessional Fridays and then Game Spot after dark. Uh but until next week, we'll see for another episode of BombCast Revenge.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna rainforse.
Speaker 7: He's been b he's been shot, he's been day's been I've been dead. Say next week