Speaker 1: Nine forecast says we have a Sunday dinner hands today Wendy this afternoon high sixty six, clear ofver night forty four, Partly sunny tomorrow with a chance of rain in storms coming in after two pm seventy seven for the high, more rain and storms overnight dropping to forty seven. And for Saturday, it's going to be mostly Sunday with the highest sixty four forty four degrees. Right now, it's time for a traffic update, Chuck from.
Speaker 2: The UCL Traffic Center. When it comes to stroke, every second counts. That's why you see Comprehensive Stroke Centator is your clear choice for rapid life saving treatment. Learn more right you see how dot com two recks Now he's found two seventy five of the first at reed Hartman blocks the right lane that traffic was banking up through Tri County and now wreck at seven forty seven adds to the delay. North found seventy five. Crews are working with the wreck and Florence that blocks the right lanes at forty two. Chuck ambraman fifty five Krzee the talk station.
Speaker 1: A twenty nine Happy Thursday's last Friday Eve. This time of week is I love talking with iHeart media aviation expert Jay Ratliffe, and I love talking with him when we move away from aviation ex us and talk a little bit about the stock market as well. Welcome back, Jay, my dear friend. Pleasure having you on the part.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how are you this morning? Good morning. I'm doing well.
Speaker 1: You know, I think I dodged a major bullet because RSV went through the house. My son's still coughing after three weeks. My wife has been struggling with the cough. I know I had it. I had the symptoms, the tightness in the chest, the tickling in the throat, and I was getting ready to have Oh no, I only got it was less than three weeks for the election. I was saying, I'm gonna have to miss work. I did miss Monday out of an abundance of caution. But I seem like I've dodged a bullet. So thank god on that says I didn't want to miss a moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, take whatever time you need to get things squared away, because you just yep, you can't take chances on that.
Speaker 1: No doubt about it. All right, let's take a look here real quick. Stock market as a predictor of which candidate is expected to win. That is a broader topic I want to ask you about. But also, are you familiar with poly market, the crypto addictions platform where you can bet on presidential elections.
Speaker 3: I spend a little bit of time there, not.
Speaker 1: Much, okay, Leilierison, I asked, you know, apparently it's illegal for United States citizens to vote on presidential elections, So this poly market is predicting. At least as of right now, Donald Trump has a sixty three almost sixty four percent favorability rating over Harris and real money is being placed on this this These are actual bets, and some claim that that is a better predictor than polls, which are biased because people are putting their money where their mouth is when it comes to placing a bet on the election. But since all this money is foreign, others are arguing that it has no connection with the realities here on the ground in the United States.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and I saw that when it came out, and of course a lot of individuals were asking me about it on my segments around the country, and I said, really, what I've learned to look at over the decades is where the money is going. And you see this in front of every election. And if I see some of the the billions of dollars on the sidelines start shifting towards energy, then I'm thinking, okay, they think Trump's going to carry the day. Good point. If I see things moving in the other direction towards some of the you know, different energy type, you know, the ev cars, that kind of stuff, then obviously the billions of dollars and the people behind it think enough that the that the election is going to go towards Harris. So right now, the money's not going in either direction, which tells me that they're reading it as a very tight race. And it certainly is from what we're being told. So the polls know. I mean, I remember that when in twenty sixteen, when the polls had Clinton in the lead and we were hearing about this massive turnout around the country. I actually bought a stock that night about seven o'clock and after hours trading on the day of the election, thinking, well, the market thinks Clinton's going to win, and if this stock, if Trump wins, this stock's going to go through the roof tomorrow. So I grabbed it and it up five six eight thousand, dollars. I sold it the next morning, you know, after Trump had won, and because you know, you watch what's going on in the market, and I tell you, if the energy stocks starts seeing a lot of activity with people moving money in, that's going to make me feel good.
Speaker 1: Okay, well you heard it from the man who knows what he's talking about when it comes to trades. I guess I was laughing as you were talking about you know, when you pivoted over to well, if people think Harris is going to win, that's the money we'll be going into green things. I was getting ready to say, you mean companies like Raytheon and other military industrial complex companies, because they're more likely going to benefit from the ongoing wars being waged by the Biden Harris administration, because that's what people expect.
Speaker 3: If there is a war. I mean, I don't know how much this administration would would support a war. I mean, you know they've been talking about how Biden said, you know, if any of these are ran threats against Trump are ever carried out, we would consider that an act of war. And I thought, okay, but what does that mean? Would we really go after him? Would we really have any substance behind that kind of threat. And I think sometimes when that threat's made by some people in Washington, d C. It's yawned at. And I know that when a president Trump, Reagan or somebody else is in there, they would take it for granted. One of the biggest things I loved about Reagan, if you remember, they thought he was crazy. Yeah, and I mean I love that because they never knew what he was going to do. And they look at Trump in many regards as the same way as somebody that don't push him. Just don't pushing because who knows what's going to happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if he drew a red line, he's the typic. He's the kind of guy that would well stand by his word. You know, you cross the red line. I told you not to do that, and I told you what the consequence is going to be, unlike what we've seen Obama and of course the Biden Harris administration. Fair enough, So pay attention to the markets. If the energy sector starts getting hot, the money is with Trump. There's what our lesson is for today. So what it's eight thirty four. Let's take a quick break, because I don't want to give a short trip to this Boeing story bullet.
Speaker 3: Oh it's a big one.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Yeah, folks, you're definitely gonna want to stick around and hear what's going on a Boeing of late More with iHeartMedia aviation expert on aviation topics. Next with Jay Rattliff stick right here at fifty five kr CED Dog Station. May you're on the fifty five CARC Morning show. Compliments the man on the telephone with here with us here this morning, Jay Rattlife. We hear from him every Thursday. Let's turn over to aviation issues. Boeing's got a lot of problems on its hand, and it's still I guess the Boeing workers said no to the most recent strike, which apparently is going to have a ripple effect impacting spirit. You can address that, but that's not what you wanted to bring to my listener's attention this morning.
Speaker 3: Well, no, I mean it. Well, this is under the can't catch a break category. We've got Boeing who had that plane come apart in January when the door blew off and June had their spacecraft fail, stranding two astronauts in space, and this week one of their orbiting satellites exploded after a complete failure. They don't know what happened in the company this week. I think yesterday reported a three three bill excuse me, a six billion dollars third quarter loss, and yes their striking workforce decided to turn down a thirty five percent pay raise, with sixty five percent voting against it. How would you like to be in charge of that company with all of that stuff going on at one time? It is just if you paid me and said, Jay, go find something good about Boeing right now, I don't. I don't know. I mean, you know, nothing's happened today. I guess would be the only thing.
Speaker 1: I can say. It's like the sign in the shop, you know X number of days since our last accident, that's been running at zero for the last years.
Speaker 3: I'd hate to put that. That would be tempting fate if you put something like that up and Boeing and I have seen those in production plants all my life.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, wow, Well, I remembers my grandfather was ran a team since a mill across and I believe they had those over there at the time.
Speaker 3: Anyhow, So.
Speaker 1: They just are completely oblivious or lacking any information about why this satellite blew up.
Speaker 3: Well, it's in twenty pieces. We know that they're tracking the pieces right now to make sure they don't create further problems. But yeah, it had a system's failure and then stopped working and then boom. So we don't know what happened. And it's almost every other week there's a directive or some sort of memo that comes up from the FAA about directing attention for airlines to specific Boeing aircraft with specific issues that need to be at least looked at. And when I'm seeing all of this, I'm thinking, you know, it's getting to the point where you're getting more and more worried about the Boeing product. And I'm not saying I wouldn't get on a Boeing aircraft, but I'm simply saying that I really hope that the Federal Aviation Ministration does what they're telling us they're gonna do with regards to a rest of oversight on Boeing. And the reason that I say that is because the FAA told us five years ago that's exactly what they were going to do, and obviously that's not what happened because of all the things that have happened since. So you've got Boeing that seems to be operating under the premise of arrogance. I'm going to do what I want. I don't care what anybody says. And sometimes with if you listen to the whistleblowers, a complete disregard to anything safety related. So for me, that is that's a concern. And you know it's just as you move forward, you're thinking, good Lord, please just let everything keep going as it's supposed to, because right now Boeing is I don't know what else they make, but if they made a taxi, I wouldn't get in it. If they made a you know, one of these FA approved taxis with it no pilot, uh uh. Not getting on them bad boys, because you just can't trust a name that you've been able to trust your whole life. Boeing used to be the epitome of safety. No one was safer what they did. No one was more thorough than what they did. Is Bowing and Ryanair, which is the discount version. They're kind of like the Southwest of Europe. Anytime they get a Bowing airplane, they go nose to tail, they look at everything, they pull up the boards, They look at behind panels and they have found parts, rags, things that have been left behind by Boeing employees in the rush that they've had to get that airplane done. And if you're seeing this, you're thinking, good lord, what else is an issue here that we're not able to see?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and that's usually find out about those things when the door comes flying off the plane mid flight.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh, thank god nobody got hurt because the force of that Alaska Airlines door plug coming off that airplane was strong enough to rip open the secured cockpit door. And I just yeah, it is. And thank god everybody of their seat belts on and it just because I mean, we could have lost several people right out that hole in the side of the aircraft.
Speaker 1: Oh that's an underwear changing event, There's no doubt about it.
Speaker 3: And those people, I'm sure are still living with that PTSD to this day.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, especially the person sitting in the seat next to the door flying off.
Speaker 3: Huh yeah, absolutely, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Well turn it pivoting over to the strike. You've told me what they were looking for. They're still on strike. Apparently one of the biggest problems is they got rid of their pension plan back in twenty fourteen and they want their pension back.
Speaker 3: Well, they also agreed to let it go and get some additional benefits before, so it's kind of like, wait a minute, we didn't force you to take the last contract and that's the issue. And you know, you see that more and more these days, where it's kind of like, look, a lot of you are self insured yourself, you know, with the benefits that you have with your investments and things that are there, and you know, we backed away from that so we can give you more money. And at one time that was supposed to be an okay thing, but now it's like, no, we want the raids and we want that back, and Boeing's simply saying we can't do it. And the last time that there was a Boeing strike, Boeing was coming off their most profitable year ever. So there was a little bit of I guess a point that I could see where the employees were digging their heels in. Now. I don't know what they're thinking. Now, I say, because they can see everything around them crumbling and to push the company where they're losing, you know, millions of dollars a week based on the non production that's taking place. They're okay with that. And you know, there's times I fought unions and there's times I've agreed with some positions they've had. This one I simply don't get. You've got a company that is, I guess, in their minds is too big to fail, maybe so because of their connections with the government contracts. But to push a company that is this much in trouble this far just makes me think, what in the heck are you thinking? Because how far do you want to push it. I've seen airlines do that. I've seen airline employees get so mad because the contracts negotiations weren't going the way they wanted. They started driving tugs into airplanes, oops, aircraft damage, you know, that kind of stuff, to the point the airline goes out of business. And you're thinking, you're idiots to think that there's not going to be some sort of an issue with this as you move forward. But for some people it's like I'll show you and the next thing you know, they're out of a job.
Speaker 1: Well with a quarter loss of six point two billion dollars. The only entity on a planet that can continue down that track is the United States postal system.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the governments something. You're absolutely right, so because look, Bowie doesn't get paid. Airbus doesn't get paid until they deliver those aircraft. And you know, if you're not delivering aircraft, you're not getting paid.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I think they think they have them over the barrel because of the current financial situation and probably willing to make the company go out of business just to you know, maybe try to get the more money while they've got this quote unquote leverage. Let's pause. Bring Jay back talking about Delta flight attendant. I'm looking at the T shirt. I cannot believe the guy got thrown off or this plus another near miss and delays. One more with Jay Ratliss, stay right here if you've got kersee talk station one more time for the nine first Waring weather forecast. Sunny day to day, windy afternoon sixty six for the high, down to forty four overnight, clear sky seventy seven are high tomorrow with partly sunny skies and a chance of rain and thunderstorms after two pm. Cloudy overnight, more rain and storms. Had a lower forty seven for Saturday, where he got a mostly sunny day ahead of US bias sixty four forty forty degrees. Right now, it's time for final traffic on.
Speaker 2: The ucy Got Tramphic Center. When it comes to stroke, every second counts. That's why you see Comprehensive Stroke Center is your clear choice for rapid life saving treatment. Learn more at you see hew dot com truck fire hands everything but the far right lane, the blocked off northbound Forest seventy one before Grand traffic is banking onto two seventy five for an extra half hour into town two Rex east two seventy five one near seven forty seven left shoulder one at reed Hartmann right shoulder and slow in between chucking ramon fifty five krs.
Speaker 3: See the talk station, I have been in the cockpit before it.
Speaker 1: Hey, CD talk station Jay Raytliff has and what the hell Jay Rattler is with the Delta flight attendant kicking a passenger. Offer the so called threatening T shirt. So threatening, here's what it says, do not give into the war within end veteran suicide.
Speaker 3: That's it. Yep, that's it. And it was a woman that was a marine veteran. She boards a plane in San Francisco that might have had something to do with it. And when this vet boards the airplane, the flight attendant, a male, looks at her and says, you're gonna have to change that shirt. It's offensive. And the marine was like caught off guard. She's like, so then she explained what the shirt meant. She then explained her service, which she was interrupted in. The man says, I do not care about your service. You're not getting on this airplane until you change that shirt. And it has to be done now, Brian. She wasn't wearing anything under the T shirt. So she has to step over to the galley door, the emergency door, turn where her back is against you know, the people that are boarding the airplane trying to fare what's going on? And she changed her shirt. So she comes back and says, Okay, I'm going to go now to my you know, comfort plus seat she paid for the want the extra leg room. Yeah. No, they sent her to the back of the plane. What Yeah, her seat was no longer available, so she had to take another seat. Now, Brian, I'm a big time Delta friaking flyer. They are my airline of choice. I have reached out multiple times asking is this your are you backing this employee with this kind of you know, disdain, obvious disdain against our military men and women, because there is no way on God's green Earth I would ever have as an ambassador of my company somebody that was obviously, you know, anti military, because look, there are times when I've had to tell people pull them off to the side, you're going to have to turn that shirt inside out. It may have had some cusswords, it may have had a naked woman, it might have had, you know, something that people just an image that could be offensive. And you know, most passengers are kind of like, you know, but you know, to get on the plane, they'll do it. You don't make a big deal of it. You certainly don't do it in front of everybody. But this, this is as subjective as the clothing type of things are. I understand there's room for you know, you know, you know, you might think of it one way. I might think of it another. Brian, I don't think a hundred people have one hundred people could look at this shirt and say there was anything threatening about us trying to raise awareness to something where we lose a veteran every twenty one days because of veteran suicide. I just and yet Delta Crickets has yet to publicly state, at least from what I've seen, any sort of a response where they come out quick and I mean the day of I would have said something. I'd have been like, this is not how we feel. We're coming up on Veterans Day here in a few days, and this is the image you want to have Delta Airlines with this particular individual. I don't get it. Now. You may not be able to fire him because of the contract, but put their butt outside dumping labs for about six years, do something to get them away from public contact, because this man, as a flight attendant, should never be an ambassador for Delta Airlines. There's this is this is not Delta, and I cannot believe that they've not yet said anything.
Speaker 1: That's well, let's just here you go. The biggest douche of the un award winner.
Speaker 3: In all the galaxies. There's no bigger due than you.
Speaker 1: All right, I asked you to play that because certainly he is right there at the top of all of our biggest dutches of the Universe. Award winners that we've showcased on the Morning show usually do it at a five o'clock hour in the stack of stupid Jay, So thank you for indulging me on that. And moving over to Austin where we have another near miss case really becoming a weekly event.
Speaker 3: We talked about this in Austin in June, but yeah, it was a plane where we had. It was an American Airlines flight on final approach into Austin when all of a sudden, their TCAST system goes off. This is the traffic collision and avoiding system, and it told the crew to take immediate evasive action, which they did because they were in the same airspace as as session one eighty two. I think the separation in sime was about three hundred fifty feet. Well, they did their you know, evasive action at the American Airlines jet, and it put them in the path of another aircraft that sounded their teacast system. So they're getting out of that way. You got three airplanes going all over the place because you had airplanes that were where they were supposed to be. So nobody got hurt, everybody landed, okay, no issues, thankfully. And now the Federal Aviation Administration is again in Austin trying to determine exactly what caused these airplanes to be in the same airspace. And one of the things they're going to be looking at is the same thing that they looked at in June, is the possibility of air traffic controller air which was the case this summer. So when you have this type of situation occur this close between then and now, something's up. You know, either they're understaffed, undertrained, underqualified, whatever it is, we've got to find out quickly and get it fixed, because Brian, I'm telling you you cannot have this kind of a situation where you are obviously having a problem, And I'm telling the FAA, I don't want a committee to study it. I don't want anything other than action to find out what it is so we can get it fixed a sapp because you've got you've got lives at risk here, and it's just it's we got to find out what happened well quickly.
Speaker 1: As I've said before, I don't want an equity higher performing surgery on me, and I don't want an equity higher responsible for air traffic control.
Speaker 3: We're flying the airplane.
Speaker 1: Amen, brother, let's point it out across the board. I think that can equally apply that concept everywhere all right, And as we always do on hub delays, how's the air traffic looking out there today?
Speaker 3: It's minimal. I mean maybe Boston and New York, but I don't think more than fifteen twenty minutes. So to me, that's a non delayed day. So at least for a weather standpoint, we should be in good shape today. So if you picked the day, you picked a good one.
Speaker 1: Always enjoy our conversations, Jay, looking forward to next week. Already have a wonderful, wonderful weekend, and best of health you and your better half, my friend.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it, and anybody listen to us. It wants to send Delta a nice little what were you doing? Wow? Means let them have pile on.
Speaker 1: I encourage that. Thank you, Jay. We'll talk again real soon, folks. You need to get a chance and talk.
Speaker 3: We did.
Speaker 1: And since Jay mentioned this whole, this wonderful T shirt, do not give into the war within end veterans suicide. Great concept and that's the concept we talked about with Alison Feeni, owner of Pinpoint Behavioral Health Solutions, providing wonderful mental health services, a huge, huge array of mental health services for first responders and veterans get the information at fifty five cares dot com. Listen to that podcast as well. Empower you. John O'Neil's doing a discussion tonight along with Joe ash We heard from yesterday who's gonna be talking about some very important Supreme Court decisions, some really good recent decisions. But also John O'Neil talked about he's gonna be speaking about John Hancock, our founding father. That's tonight seven pm. Log in from the comfort of your own home or show up at two twenty five Northland Boulevard. And we finally got a report from Donovan and Neil. Americans for Prosperity, the final push for door knockers. They can still use your help. Even if you only have an hour or two during a week to help out, you can still make a huge, huge difference. Let's get Bernie Marino elected and let's get shared brown packing. If you have carosy dot com for that, get you. I heard media app wire there. I hope you have a wonderful, wonderful day, folks. Tune in tomorrow Tech Friday with Dave hatter As always, thank you Joe Strekker for producing the program. You do a wonderful job, my friend, have a wonderful day and don't go wey. Clembex coming up.
Speaker 2: You use two November at the top end thirty past What an important election?
Speaker 3: I like to keep bubb with. What's going on?
Speaker 2: In fifty five krs the talk station