Speaker 1: I have a traffic question for you guys. Well played.
Speaker 2: So I'm pulling out of my neighborhood today, directly out onto a toll way access road.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So I'm at a stop sign and cars are immediately to my left, two lanes on the access road that are going north. Okay, I have to pass those two lanes, get up to a different stop sign, take a left onto southbound traffic.
Speaker 1: Two lanes going south. Okay, I can see that.
Speaker 2: So I'm at the stop sign leaving my residential neighborhood, and right in front of me are the two lanes. I'm looking to my left. I'm looking for these northbound cars. I'm going to let them pass. I notice a white truck kind of aggressively came to a stop across from me with a blinker on. Clearly they are going to turn left and go north.
Speaker 1: Okay. So they're not going straight. So we have a undrum because I gotta go.
Speaker 2: Straight and he's going to turn left, and we're kind of right across from each other. Right, So the question is who has the right of way?
Speaker 3: I think he gets the person who's not turning. It's the straight car.
Speaker 1: The straight car. Okay.
Speaker 2: So late it's you. I thought that the right of way is whoever was there first.
Speaker 3: Not in a turning situation, though the thinker's on for a reason to identify that you're turning.
Speaker 1: The straight car goes first.
Speaker 3: The straight car would go first, gay car goes second, car go second.
Speaker 4: No, it's whoever is at the stop sign first.
Speaker 2: That's what it's supposed to be. Okay, Now I will say it's too close to call. Both cars probably arrived simulas. Okay, then who's the runner? Ty goes to the runner. So one car is going straight, one car is going to turn, and if both those things happen simultaneously, it is a wreck.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what's supposed to happen?
Speaker 2: And so the car is turning left in front of or left while the other cars going straight. The car that's turning left is supposed to wait for the car that is going straight. That's what I thought, and now I boldly, boldly went with it. Now I saw the guy's behavior. I thought he was pretty aggressive. He it was aggressive of him to tie me at the line of scrimmage. Okay, he got there aggressively. So I was like, Okay, this guy's gonna try to go and then go left in front of you. He's gonna try to go left in front of me. I could tell by how aggressively he's driving. We're both waiting for northbound cars and the two lanes of the toll way access road to zip bias at high speeds.
Speaker 3: I just I gotta say this is a two way stop sign situation. I don't think the getting there first matters.
Speaker 2: It matters to talk to a DPS guy, Christina, can you get a DPS guy on the phone? Our phones work, by the way, if we have a police officer who would like to call in, and yeah, whoever gets at the stop sign first is supposed to be able to go first. One four seven eight seven one is the number if you're a police officer.
Speaker 3: Or just good at traffic. Yeah, okay, like that we're a traffic coordinator. Those would be the best people.
Speaker 1: We'll hear from Kerry here in twenty five seconds.
Speaker 2: If you think you know and you can definitively make your case, we'll probably believe you and give you ausi's on sorry tickets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what if you can?
Speaker 2: But also, Ben, I think if you if you have a question and you want to acquiesce to them. You give them the international sign of you go ahead and go first, and that you flip them off. So I was looking to make communication with the guys, an older guy, and he was aggressively looking at making the tourney. He was not looking to communicate with me, and so I decided, all right, I have no choice but to teach him about the road.
Speaker 1: Let's go. It's like mad Max, dude.
Speaker 2: So as soon as the cars zip by me, I start going straight behind those cars and I zip out there pretty aggressively, and I notice he's coming really aggress He looked at me like.
Speaker 5: How dare you?
Speaker 2: I have the right of way I'm turning, And I was like, now, I put myself in this situation, and we almost had a wreck. And I definitely made a statement to you because I scared an old man. He might have pooped his diaper, but I think I'm in the right. You never if you're turning across traffic, you turn after traffic goes.
Speaker 1: Once you are turning.
Speaker 2: You have to acquiesce, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, you straight traffic goes first and then you turn after it.
Speaker 1: Now, which of our listeners is that, Oh my god, she's got a crazy look. On her.
Speaker 2: Christina's on the phone right now, say they feel you watching on video? Okay, this is a good question, though, because I am befuddled by that. We take these tests, we get our driver's license, we are trusted to drive around three thousand pound pieces of metal. Yep, but a simple question like who has the right way in this scenario has.
Speaker 1: Caused a bit of a quagmire. Okay, I like, I don't know. I truly don't know. Someone sh as you just say befuddle with qragmar. No, I was trying to enhance my cap.
Speaker 2: Y'all are gonna be real surprised. Who's called in?
Speaker 1: Why don't we go to line one there? Christine? Isn't it Clinton? Who's here?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 7: What's going on?
Speaker 8: Guy?
Speaker 7: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Guys? It's Mike man Raven. All right, Mike b How you doing.
Speaker 5: I'm doing it right better than you?
Speaker 3: It seems like why because your conundrum earlier the traffic jam.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I didn't get into wreck. I did send a statement. I think I taught an elderly person to be more careful.
Speaker 9: There.
Speaker 1: There you go. That's right, that's right. But uh, yeah, you're you guys are on the right track, But yeah, it should be. Ever stops comes to the stops on first has the right of way.
Speaker 4: Now, me, being a great.
Speaker 1: Citizen of our metroplex, I will let you gone because that's what a great guy am. But you know, uh, that's that's the that's the rules. Oh wait, how do you let him know?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 1: How do you?
Speaker 2: Because then you have two people just looking at one another, and then the other people that are going the other way get mad, like look at these horses asses that are just stuck in the middle of traffic.
Speaker 1: Uh, you could bribe him. I'd hit him on my lights, being hey, come on, go ahead, bubby. Who was a tie? It was a tie to the stop sign? Well, you know not everything's a tie man.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, any police officers calling in, I do believe that if two people show up there at the same time, whoever goes straight has the right of way.
Speaker 1: It's probably right. Who's online too? What's your confidence that everyone knows that?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: I think most. I think most people in the world don't know anything right.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter though.
Speaker 2: What would matter is if there was a lawsuit, would I be in the right if there is? If there we should have an insurance agent call in. If there is a car wreck because of that, then the person that is at fault is the person that is turning.
Speaker 1: What didn't Mark Scot or Gene know? Maybe? Who else do you have online? There? Christina?
Speaker 4: Say hello to who's this?
Speaker 7: Oh this is a good citizen.
Speaker 1: I'll see this is bubba hi baba?
Speaker 2: Who do you understand the situation? Who do you think has the right of lay here?
Speaker 1: Technically the guy going straight got the right away. Benny should have waited to turn left. Man, Okay, I was the one going straight, dude.
Speaker 6: Well then you should have gone.
Speaker 7: Sorry, I did go.
Speaker 1: I did go. You're in the right. If that guy hits you, it's his fault. Thank you. Let's sue that guy called Franklin Frankle. All right, how about this, Garry, just based on you listening to our radio station, do a Frankel and Frankel endorsement, read just do an advertisement for them right now. I want to hear what it sounds like. Okay, go ahead, all right, have you been in a car wreck, the big eighteen wheeler or somebody just not paying attention, Well, go ahead and call our guys. Franklin Frankel at two and four, all three.
Speaker 8: We'll tell you with a.
Speaker 1: Big old second month like left coon. If you're called kp so, it's called Franklin Frankele. If you are in a wreck today, we have your back.
Speaker 7: Negagal agent.
Speaker 6: It's not your fault.
Speaker 1: They that's a hard word to say. It's good, that's good, that's really good. It's really good.
Speaker 10: Job.
Speaker 1: Baba, are you baked right now? I'm working on it. I'm about halfway. I'm gonna be going to Broken Bow soon. I might need to connect with already. Call me man this weekend.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, we can.
Speaker 5: Make that happened them on?
Speaker 1: All right? Hey, carry can you can you? Can you do any more of ours? Can you do? Lux ice?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 5: Lux ice?
Speaker 9: Oh that's the ice.
Speaker 1: That's perfectly clear. Steer, that's the ball. And guess what. You ain't got that fogginess that you get from the ones you try to build up your house. You don't get the corn dog's taste, you don't get the tater tots and that fishiness.
Speaker 6: It's pure crystal clear ice.
Speaker 2: Call get you some of this today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's my new tagline. Get some of this today, Get some of this all right? We love you carry. You have a great day, dude.
Speaker 2: A I love some freak Jesus and now it's always great to hear from him. He's a man of the cloth. Yeah, okay, So I don't think we solved anything. I don't trust any of those people that call this. I don't trust those people. But I can guarantee you that straight has the right away. Okay. So straight has the right away? So when that guy, so, is it like basketball? Do you go ahead and take the charge? In other words, since I knew I was right, I could have continued on and had him run into me and it would have been his fault. Okay, But then if you make it like basketball, are you in good guarding position? That's the thing I don't know. Is he riding your hip? I mean, you would have wrecked into the front of my car. But I clearly I made it a close call. But then I also saved us both. I was the hero and the instigator. So did you let him go or did you plow through? I let him go, all right, but I scared the hell out of him. He looked at me like, how dare you?
Speaker 1: How dare you? I have the right away? And I was like, you know, I don't know who has the right away you show him that middle finger? No? Did you show him that, baby Billy?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: No, I was nude from the waist down, but he didn't know. Right. Yeah, you always drive like that. Yeah weird. And the reason I do is because of this intro.
Speaker 5: Oh some.
Speaker 7: Time movies.
Speaker 8: Right now?
Speaker 7: Are you ready?
Speaker 5: Ready?
Speaker 9: Ready?
Speaker 5: Right right?
Speaker 10: Have to do one.
Speaker 1: Wit Evan win.
Speaker 7: I'll show you goal ruin it except a similar sweet pursuing it bundled out Shaw shank through the sewer, kid now with chilling at the eagle. Yeah, we're doing it.
Speaker 1: Three o'clock on the doc.
Speaker 7: Gotta have it for my house.
Speaker 1: I go.
Speaker 7: That is how Itard started to get credit shows that enough multiplied like a rabbit.
Speaker 1: Tune in, zone out, prank it up, beat the habit, I won'a hang out with the friends.
Speaker 5: Rocket on the radio, my home boy Skinning.
Speaker 1: Talking on the radio. It's time to do this fall all baby we go KT Christina all up on the radio.
Speaker 2: All right, we're off and running. It is a Thursday edition of the Ben and skin Show. I thought I was gonna leave early and go accept an award on our behalf tonight. But then we got disnominated.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, so Kat brought this up yesterday that our show is nominated.
Speaker 2: I don't know, maybe it's not our show. Maybe it's just Skin an eye separate problem. Christina has nothing to do with you, and said Ben Skinner, right, Yeah, it is.
Speaker 1: Weird because Kelly Raspberry is nominated and then the kid Cratic Show is also nominated.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like when Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood mac Win into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Oh Na be surprised. No one at Ihard even knows that I work at iHeart.
Speaker 2: But there's no There's no Ben and Skin show without KT and Christina, So then it would make fine without them, So then it would make you think that it is the whole show. But then if you look at the picture that they used for us, it was a freak logo, so it might actually be Ben's skin, Christina and Stripmoll Steve were nominated. That'd be great, and so we should reach out to Steve to see if he could attend tonight to accept this if we win.
Speaker 1: He might be listening.
Speaker 2: Steve, if you're listening, please go and sit next to Amy at the American Women in radio and media.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, we'll just deal with all of it. Yeah, well, it's gonna be a fun show today.
Speaker 2: Coming up next in the Hollywood Shuffle, one of the best stories ever.
Speaker 1: KT swears by it. He'll tell it to us next. All right, it's the Ben and Skin Show.
Speaker 2: Nice that on point one the Eagle. Thanks for hanging out with us today. Hey, we want to do a special shout out. You know what we like to do is we like to let everybody know that the people that advertise on the Ben and Skin Show, they are truly our partners. And from time to time we want to shout those folks out because I feel like, hey, they're partners with you, the good Ben and Skin listener here on ninety seven point one the Eagle. Otherwise they wouldn't be getting down with us. So we want to give a shout out to some family members here, family members of the Ben and Skin family, and that would be our good peoples over at Frankel and Frankel, Mark, Scott and Gen have been riding with us our show all the way back to two thousand and eight when we got our first full time gig. We've been with those folks for a long time, and a lot of our listeners have used their services. Heck, we've been now with them so long. If you're listening earlier, you heard Bubba call in and he pretty much could do his own Franklin Frankel Live spot. If that doesn't tell you that they're a part of the family, I don't know what else could. So a big thank you to Frankel and Frankel and Mark Scott and Gene from the Bent and Skin Show for being a part of our family every damn day. And of course if you get in that situation where you need their services because you've been hurt and a car wrecker on the job site, just like Carrie said two one, four and all threes three three, three thirty three thirty three. I was just standing out there in the sales pit talking to a salesperson who was just in a wreck like a lot.
Speaker 1: I was like, man, you need to reach out to the Frankeles. They're the best. They'll take gotcha that her neck and her head still hurt a little bit. And I was like, yep, you need to call them. Give him a call. That goes for you folks too.
Speaker 2: All right, coming up in about thirty minutes. We got some sports. There was a big win last night. What are the Cowboys going to do? They did something and we'll tell you all about it. We want to give away a z is on Sorry tickets right now. The first person that has the iHeart app and uses the talkback feature where you can leave a message. It's you leave your name, your phone number, your email address, and the third person that can tell us what kind of conundrum Ben was involved in earlier today he talked about it in the first segment. It's a specific kind of conundrum. If you know what it is, leave that message and you win the Ausi's on Sorry tickets. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 1: Juice in your news. Hot Gods ever come stay on top in the boots shovel. So I was watching this.
Speaker 3: New show on Netflix with John Mlaney called Everybody's Lave of John Waite. So basically it's a one hour talk show and it's kind of like they have a topic and it's more of just a it's just weird.
Speaker 1: It's a variety show. And he comes out and starts off.
Speaker 3: The show last night with a ten minute story that I've condensed quite a bit here, and I cannot stop laughing at this.
Speaker 1: So you need to know two things.
Speaker 3: You need to know that I think the show's probably not it's doing okay Becauin's on Netflix, but and he's popular, but they're finding the way. And the best thing you could do is like let him just do ten minutes to stand up, and that's better than anything will happen on the show.
Speaker 1: His sidekick is Richard Kind. You may know from a lot of things.
Speaker 2: You know him is George Clooney's ace homie Drew Carey's show for a while too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of Richard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's like old John mulaney kind. This story is so good and I'm just gonna I'm just gonna play. I've condenced this as much as I could.
Speaker 1: It's so good.
Speaker 11: Let me tell you about the week I had. We had something very special plan for you this evening that we had to scrap. I'm just as mad as you are, though I have way more information. Tonight on the show, we were going to announce that Richard's pet tortoise had died and that Richard was very sad. This was a bit don't worry, and We're gonna be like, oh my god, you know, no one should outlive their pet, and it'd be very you know, we play it very serious. Then we're gonna be like, how can we possibly pay tribute to this dead tortoise? Then ding dong, the doorbell would ring and it's Bone Thugs and Harmony and they were gonna say, our tour bus broke down and we heard you guys are sad and set up didn't even make sense at all. But then in honor of the tortoise, they were going to perform Crossroads.
Speaker 1: All right, so you're gonna pretty good premise, going, yeah, good, that's the plan. That's what the bit was supposed to be.
Speaker 11: We reach out to a contact we find online for Bone Thugs and Harmony and we schedule a zoom with their manager. Three weeks ago. My writers and I get on the zoom with just the manager. Let me be clear, the members of Bone Thugs in Harmony that is Busy Bone, Lazy Bone, Crazy Bone, Wishbone, and Flesh and Bone are not on the zoom. But the manager assures us that they're really into the idea and want to do it, and they really liked the script. We're in business. I mean, I could already picture the Emmy in.
Speaker 1: My hands, you know.
Speaker 11: The manager then says, hey, you won't get all five of them. One of them is not available. I asked which one. He says, busy bone, which makes sense that he would be the hardest schedule.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good, pretty good setup so far. Right here was a lazy bone.
Speaker 12: He said.
Speaker 3: It was a lazybone. I might be asking, are you sure he can't do it? So four of them of the five, okay, but whatever. He also said, I had a lot of faith that the audience wouldn't know there's five.
Speaker 11: Just this past Thursday, I checked back in because they had not signed their contract yet. The manager says, in order to get there next week, we need twenty eight hundred dollars cash of just running around money, he says, they're in the middle of a tour and it's not so easy to just dip out. I check online. They have a show April nineteenth in Inglewood and then another one in June, also in la.
Speaker 1: And they need cash by Friday.
Speaker 11: The cash had to come from me, like I couldn't pay it through the show budget. So now I need to withdraw twenty eight hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 11: A few years ago. In an effort, In an effort to safeguard my sobriety, I set up a system where I cannot have at any time more than three hundred dollars cash unless I alert certain people. So on Friday I call my wife Olivia, who is in New York, and I say, I need to get twenty eight hundred dollars cat, I need it today. And she said what is it for? And I said it's for bone thugs and harmon. Well only four of them, seven hundred dollars a bone. And she's like, John, you know I love you. If you want to tell me something, you can tell me it.
Speaker 3: OK, that's pretty good because he's, you know, cocaine guy. Yeah, you know, been on the straight and narrow for a while. He just take twenty eight hundred dollars out.
Speaker 4: Right, weird live man.
Speaker 1: Just tell me so good. So here is how it kind of its sort of.
Speaker 11: I get the cash out of the bank. Then I hear, forget the twenty eight hundred dollars cash, just give us all the money for the appearance upfront. I said, I can't do that. I cannot give you all of the money upfront. I can give you half. You just have to sign your contract. I don't hear back two days ago, on Monday, I am told that bone thugs in Harmony booked on this show since the first week in March, are in the studio all week and cannot be on the show. But he's like, don't worry. We can get this all wrapped up and be there next week for blank, blank dollars. The original fee was going to be fifteen thousand dollars half upfront. They asked for one hundred thousand dollars. I said, there's no way I can make that happen, and then I said, very uncharacteristically, you have disrespected me. I brace for an apology. It turns out there isn't a sorry bone. Two hours later, he writes back, we can get this taken care of for seventy.
Speaker 1: Five thousands offars.
Speaker 11: I was like, hey, you screwed me over, and you screwed our show over, and I won't forget this disrespect now. I didn't tell you all this just to air the dirty laundry of what it's like behind the scenes of a show. Okay, I'm telling you about it because I'm genuinely worried. After a little investigating I have come to believe that the man I was talking to was not the manager of of Bone Thugs and Harmony. In fact, several sites list a different person. Also, Busy Bone is scheduled to appear at all upcoming shows, so it appears it isn't so hard to get the fellas together. If you or if anyone you know is a member of Bone Thugs and Harmony, please call that number.
Speaker 1: Clear this up. Okay. The reason I like this show is because it is live and they do take calls it.
Speaker 3: It's got a little radio podcast but also TV show vibe altogether and the whole show you're kind of waiting to see its like someone gonna call it didn't happen, but that story is how it started, and the show was very entertaining last night.
Speaker 2: So man, there was a time where Bone Thugs and Harmony were in Dallas for the I believe it was for the diff Film Festival, and there was a documentary about Bone Thugs and Harmony that was showing and one of the organizers of the film festival was going to get him on our show. But it was real, half assed and real Okay, we think it's gonna happen, and I think it was. I thought it was Crazy Bone. Maybe it was Busy Bone. I don't remember, but I did not expect it to happen. And there kept being all this conversation. It kept being like, Okay, well we have to do it this time, but we're not sure. You know, his manager's not sure if he's gonna show. I mean, this sounds like a whole other preface, but he was laying out. I was like, I remember how difficult it was to even know if they were going to be available to call in.
Speaker 1: And finally I said, hey, it's really not that big a deal to still.
Speaker 2: I mean, I was really doing a favor to the film festival, right, because I'm not some big Bone thugs and Harmony fan. I mean, I know people that love them, but I was I was like, really just kind of doing a favor for to the film festival people. And then it got to be so convoluted and confusing and difficult. Was like, man, we're good, thank you, though, I really appreciate you thinking about this. Man, that's an awesome story. I like, I didn't know that they paid these guys that much money to do stuff. I just every guest on first of all, I'm looking at the show going this is badass. I do like how creative and yeak it is. I haven't watched it yet, but this is enough to entice me to do that. But if you're going to launch a new show, it's got to be different, it's got to be unique in this way.
Speaker 1: And this sounds like they're going to do that.
Speaker 2: But do you think that they in their budget everybody who appears gets like fifteen or twenty grand I don't know.
Speaker 3: And see that's something that he said at the end. I just knew we wouldn't have time, so I cut it out, he said. And to the guy who I spoke with, I would have given it to you for fifty thousand if you would have kept going wow. But he was like, I admit, I don't know how much things cost.
Speaker 1: This is the showrunner of this show.
Speaker 3: I admit I don't always know how much things cost. But it sound like fifteen thousand.
Speaker 1: I believe that. I don't know how many of these have there been. Last night was episode four? Has it gotten better? Last night was wonderful? But there do you think the other ones were good? Kelly Roll was Actually it wasn't Jelly Roll. It was Ady Bryant SNL being Jailly. It was so fun.
Speaker 2: The one I saw I got halfway through and bailed out. Fred Armison sat on a couch for a half hour and never said a word.
Speaker 1: It's a problem if you.
Speaker 3: Have a comedians there and someone tries to take it over and they're not delivering, like last night. One to Sykes was your probably your headliner, and she didn't really talk much. But usually when the person's not like you have one person that kind of gets boxed out of the conversation.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: And they had four people there last night, but it was about squatters, which happens more in LA than it does here. But in La or in California, if you just go climb a spot and keep it for five years, it's yours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it is pretty interesting. Wow, that is good stuff. I'll have to give that show a watch. Good stuff, Kevin.
Speaker 1: Coming up Acon around the sports, the Cowboys traded for a quarterback and the Mavericks came through with a big, big win late in the game. We'll talk about both things next. Oh yes, this segment is brought to you by her Totocar Heurtato Barbecue.
Speaker 2: Some of the best barbecue you've ever had in your life. It's so amazingly delicious. Highly recommend it. Locations in Mansfield, fort Worth, and Arlington, two locations inside a Globe Life Field, and then another new location in Dallas and the Farmer's Market. Our buddy Brandon Hurtado, the author Brandon Hurtado's got a book out right now, by the way, and it is exceptional. Teach you how to make those magical Hurtado Off rings on your own grill. Perhaps maybe teach you how to be a Jedi a little bit. Hur Tato barbecue some of the best barbecue of your life. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 7: Listeners, here comes kt fun Tweets with the round the sweets.
Speaker 5: Now let's go around the sports kt fun tweets as all the sports.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Dallas Cowboys made a trade today, guys. He how about that? What was see it coming?
Speaker 3: They shipped off one of their three fifth round picks to the Patriots to get a seventh round pick back, which that doesn't sound like good math.
Speaker 1: But along with that seventh round pick was Joe Milton. Oh sweet Joe Milton.
Speaker 3: Joe Milton is interesting guy. He's a quarterback. He was a rookie out of Tennessee last year, and he is the reason the Patriots are picking fourth in this draft instead of first because their starting quarterback Drake May got hurt in Week seventeen last year. Are we eighteen and Joe Milton went twenty two of twenty nine and led the Patriots to a victory that vaulted them from number one to number four in the draft. So bad news for Team tank guys. Ben Cow was in a situation he'd got to go lose some games. Joe Milton is not that guy. Joe Milton is a good soldier. We'll go try to win the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's look, I don't I don't know what to make up.
Speaker 2: All I do know that Lashawn McCoy, the Great Lashawn McCoy respected media personality.
Speaker 1: He's saying Dak better pack his bags. I'm like, dude, wait what he's saying Dak should pack because of Joe Milton.
Speaker 3: That's one of the worst takes I've ever heard. Joe Mlien played one game last year, right, I'm like.
Speaker 2: This guy is the biggest spare in media. Yeah, Dak's making sixty million dollars guaranteed unbelievable. But wait, hold on, I might be getting him confused. I thought he was a big Dirk fan. Who isn't a Dirk fan? I hope everyone is Shady McCay. I thought Shady McCoy was always tweeting about Dirk. I don't remember that I'm mixing him up with another running back. I don't remember that he has become a media blowhard.
Speaker 1: I'm not really following other running backs from ten years ago either.
Speaker 2: Back when the Eagles were in the Super Bowl with the guy that looks like Napoleon Dynamite.
Speaker 1: What was that guy's name?
Speaker 2: One a quarter He was a backup quarterback in too, Yeah, the Super Bowl that Nick Foles was in the roles?
Speaker 1: What in an option? Huh nick Foles? What an option? No, I'm saying that's back when that guy was tweeting about Dirk. I know, remember Jerry said that Foles was not an option?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, is not an option? When Kellen got hurt in camp, need a backup quarterback? Then you know what happened in preseason game with Romo.
Speaker 2: Twenty six team is a weird year, okay, but regardless, they didn't have a backup quarterback.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna really get anything good with the fifth round pick.
Speaker 2: Most likely you had three of them, so this appears to actually be pretty smart trade for the coup.
Speaker 3: I think it's very Shrewd is a guy who you will have control of two very cheap. He was making the wager of a six round pick. He was a sixth round pick last year, so.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah, so he's got probably two more years. It will have two more years. Yeah, So I think it's smart. I think it's good. The self. Will Greer is a camp arm probably Joe Milton.
Speaker 5: Some people like him.
Speaker 1: He's big. He's like six five, two fifty.
Speaker 3: My favorite thing though, because I went to Dane Brugler's draft guide from last year to see, let's find out a little more. Am I remember this guy at Tennessee. He is the cousin of Ankorn Bolden. Do you remember him?
Speaker 6: Big?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and grew up chasing rabbits in the sugar cane field. That's how he got fast. So I think that's a good sign.
Speaker 2: It sounds like chasing rabbits, sounds like something out of the Song of the South.
Speaker 1: It is very much that U So yeah, good.
Speaker 3: Hey, people were freaking out last year when he came into a game was one game and honestly, like twenty twenty nine, two hundred and fifty, I think you ran for it.
Speaker 1: He can run a little bit too. This is not bad. This is like, I mean, Cooper Rush is more suited to go win a game or two for you. But this is not This is not bad.
Speaker 3: This is better than holding your wiener and then drafting Quinn viewers, which there's been a lot of smoke around that.
Speaker 1: Like you don't need to he's supposed to go.
Speaker 3: I mean if he gets drafted, I think, oh, he's not gonna get drafted, though he'll get drafted. The quarterback classes is terrible. Yeah, it's gonna says probably fourth round.
Speaker 2: Ye taking fourth round? Yeah, okay, that makes sense. I wouldn't freak out if they took a quarterback in the fourth round.
Speaker 3: He just weird because he looks like Jennifer Lawrence to me, and you got you've got to put it together.
Speaker 1: But if you mashed him, you know, wow, looks like the same person.
Speaker 2: If you mashed really anybody with Jennifer Lawrence, wouldn't that person looks somewhat like Jennifer Lawrence yair, that's fair.
Speaker 3: I guess so, I guess. So it's like, if you put the Jennifer Lawrence filter on him's what he looks.
Speaker 1: Like now though.
Speaker 2: But you're saying if he had a baby with Jennifer Lawrence and it was a girl, it would look exactly like yeah, exactly, So you want him to have a baby with Jennifer Lawrence. Well, no, she's already having kids and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, her thing. You don't see her much anymore.
Speaker 10: Probably because she's having kids and stuff. Yeah, I didn't know she's had kids, she had a couple.
Speaker 1: Okay, So is this uh? Is this a guy who maybe one day could be the heir apparent?
Speaker 2: Or is it because by the time his deal is up, Dak will still have two more years at sixty million guaranteed, So you're.
Speaker 3: Not He's twenty five years old now, so Dak. When Dak's done after four more years, he'll be twenty nine.
Speaker 1: It's my guy, okay O, No, I like this plan. Probably this is just a backup for the next two years. And all you did was down grade fifth through seventh.
Speaker 3: That's still like, I mean, ideally, Dak plays until he's forty and you know has seven rings like Tom Brady.
Speaker 1: That's the plan.
Speaker 2: I think four year plans are good in football.
Speaker 1: Maybe three, dude, maybe three. So there we go. He's got a good arm. Dane told it a hose. That's good. Maybe he was talking about something else. Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 3: Joe Milton, welcome to the Dallas Cowboys. You welcome to join the show any time.
Speaker 1: Well, are you now speaking directly to him? MAVs win last night? About that, Christina, can you get Joe Milton on the phone. Kevin wants to talk directly to him?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want it.
Speaker 1: Mavericks win over the Hawks? Who do exist? Anthony Davis man.
Speaker 2: I thought about that multiple times just day when Ben said, finally you guys agree on something with the hawksty good. It was pretty good. It was good to see for all of us. Yeah, uh, okay, I will say this. I have been in a horrible MAVs depression, Like I don't even know if I want to be around anymore. I'm seriously considering whether I will be a MAVs fan in the future thinking about it.
Speaker 1: A good elixir for that was last night.
Speaker 2: There was a sequence in that game and having Anthony Davis play is such a good thing right now. Still would never do that. Trade might do it if Anthony Davis was six years younger.
Speaker 1: But there was a portion of the game last night where Anthony Davis blocked like three or four shots in a row, and then it went down the other end of the court and had one of the most athletic and aggressive, quick burst layups I've ever seen from a big man. I was like, damn.
Speaker 2: I was like, okay, okay, So if Kyrie was healthy again, like that one half that he had, and then of course he hits the game winner. He got he shot to three with confidence. Was like, you're watching that going, okay, I get it. I understand why somebody likes this.
Speaker 1: This dude can absolutely play when he's healthy, and even though his prime is probably behind him a little bit at this point, that dude is a beast. Beast.
Speaker 3: When it was going like do that game, I was like, he got hurt a couple times, hit on the I and there's one time where he was on the ground just kind of laying there for a minute and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, okay, when he dove for the loose balls, you'll kind of have that feeling. Do you want to him diving for loose balls into that into that. For him laying out for loose balls, I mean, you.
Speaker 1: Got to do it.
Speaker 2: But man putting heating pads on both of his inner thighs when he's on the bench too. He had a bunch of medical stuff happening of it show did Luca? Luca always had that stuff going on. Gafford just caught him, like he Gafford caught him with an elbow right to his eyeball and that's how that happened. Yeah, oh okay, And so he he've only played two minutes in the second quarter. Wow, So he put up all those numbers and missed a quarter. He had an incredible game. He was great in the first quarter. He I think he had thirteen in the first quarter. He was very, very assertive last night. He was That's the good word for it. He was assertive.
Speaker 1: Does he does he shoot a lot of threes? Or is he just pretty selective with it? Is he?
Speaker 2: I'd have I bet he shot two and a half a game because I saw a he took a guess I saw him ticket three last night that I was like, okay, yeah, dude, he he has no fear shooting to three at all, Like, I don't know if he's I don't even know what percentage he's shooting, but it looked good. Yeah, I think his percentage hit so he had. I bet he had one season where he hit thirty four percent of it.
Speaker 1: I'm just guessing.
Speaker 2: I don't have his numbers in front of you. Have his numbers there, Katie working on pulling it up here. I'd look pull up his Basketball Reference numbers.
Speaker 1: I bet he.
Speaker 2: I bet at his peak he shot two point eight five threes a game on thirty four and a half percent.
Speaker 1: I'm trying three. Yeah, it was two this year.
Speaker 3: Like you said, let's see, let's go back to twenty twenty three and a half back in twenty nineteen. Kind of dwindled since then, playing big man ball like one and a half last couple of years.
Speaker 1: Yep, yeah, never more than three and a half a game.
Speaker 2: Do you have percentages there? I bet he's never hit more than thirty four percent. I mean for his career, he's thirty percent. Yeah, he had a thirty three percent year. Yeah, you're right, never talk a he had thirty four eighteen And it's just one of those things where it's like, Okay, you know, but you know at times he makes him.
Speaker 1: What do you think about his game winning shot?
Speaker 2: It was incredible, and I was even more excited that he just switched off and didn't allow Trey Young to even get a shot. To me, it's like, it's hard when a guy has thirty four, fifteen and five blocks to not say it's the Anthony Davis game, because it clearly was. To me, the story of last night was Okay, now I know why you have Caleb Martin. Caleb Martin completely took Trey.
Speaker 1: Young out of that basketball game. That was extraordinary.
Speaker 2: It was honestly and truly one of the best defensive performances I've seen by any Dallas Maverick in a decade.
Speaker 1: Wow, incredible.
Speaker 2: Trey had twenty one at halftime in the second half, so now they were running the ball out of his hands at different times in different places, but Caleb Martin was your primary defender. Trey Young in the second half was one for seven with three turnovers. Caleb Martin took him out of the basket ball game. It was awesome and uh and actually for a while ran the offense and honestly ran it better than Dinwoody Dinwood he tried to lose him the game.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: He had some big shots too though, yeah, he always does.
Speaker 2: It was just the three consecutive shots when it mattered most that was troubling. But uh, but he also had a great line. What do you have like fourteen? He had ten assists? Yeah, or maybe it was twelve.
Speaker 1: I don't even remember now. But basically Anthony Davis hit the.
Speaker 2: Game winner and then shut down Trey Young on a switch and didn't let him get a good shot. It's like that was pretty awesome. And you knew earlier in the night, Sacramento, did you?
Speaker 1: Did you? I got to read you this.
Speaker 2: I'm going to read you the lineup that was on the floor for the Washington Wizards. Is the Sacramento Kings lost to him? Oh my god, Okay, fans play so now now I think the Mavericks are a game and a half up on Sacramento. Now for the ninth spot, here's who was on the floor for Washington though, Bub Carington, love him, A. J. Johnson, J. T. Thor, my guy, Anthony Gill, and Tristan Vukcevich.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So so Washington was doing their best to win that game and Sacramento.
Speaker 1: I still spit the day. Have you seen there? It's like a Ji League. Maybe it was a two A guy for Washington. Dev Hour? Wait, who's this for? For Washington? What's his name? He's like skinny three point shy dev Hour? Okay, is he a draft pick for him? Dev Hour? Des Nuts. I want to thank everyone for tuning into The Eagle the shocking things I've ever heard said in his three Let's say it coming up next to the Today game. You know tomorrow we're gonna be out at chalk Taw Casino and Resort and Durant, Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: Let's go love going out there. It's so much fun. It's just right up the road. People forget like it's just right up the road. It's not far away. And if you'd like to come out tomorrow and personally shake Kevin's hand, look him in the eyes, give him a firm handshake, stare him in the eye, and.
Speaker 1: Say that was a hell of a these Nuts joke. You can do that tomorrow at the Chalk Talk Casine on Resort and Durant.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, you are listening to the world famous Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one.
Speaker 1: The Eagle. Thanks for rolling with us today.
Speaker 2: This segment's brought to you by Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen and Plano, Texas Preston and Plano Parkway. They've mastered five different types of pizza and readers of the Dallas Morning News say it's the best pizza in all of DFW.
Speaker 1: What a huge honor for them.
Speaker 2: So, if you are a foodie you'd like to try the best things that DFW has to offer, head to Plano, Texas and go to Andrews's America Kitchen. Phenomenal craft beer selection, TVs everywhere, great pasta too, Andrews American Pizza Kitchen and Plano.
Speaker 1: But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 8: And now it's time for Basins Sweet Day up Day, featuring veteran news anchor ktth On tweets hero the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some important stuff, but I think we should start with the biggest story. It's time for today's twenty thirty two. The Asteroid didn't pack the probability. Oh it's back.
Speaker 3: It's been a couple of weeks since we've updated you. Because there hasn't been any updates. It's slipped out of the public consciousness, and then all of a sudden, we have new data. So this is what we're April. Now, this was in February when we were talking about this and the world was talking about it. Asteroid twenty twenty four. Why Are four is the name of it. Proximately the size of a football field, was detected in December, and the initial assessment from NASA's there's a three percent chance that it impacts Earth.
Speaker 1: In twenty thirty two, they had more.
Speaker 3: Analysis from the James Webb Telescope and all that, and then they dip down.
Speaker 1: Well, here's yesterday's update.
Speaker 3: There's still a two percent chance that why Are four the asteroid could collide with.
Speaker 1: The Moon in twenty thirty two. That'd be bad. But the Moon is not the Earth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the Moon controls high Yeah everything.
Speaker 2: There would be massive waves smashing all over. I mean that whole thing about California going underwater.
Speaker 4: Yeah, go to pro Museum KT. Yeah, the Moon's important.
Speaker 2: What is that? Uh, the interstellar there's that planet where the whole planet is a giant wave that circles around. That's what the Earth would become. Oh that seems horrible unless you're a surfer.
Speaker 3: Well, and this means like, look, we're counting down the months here, eight times twelve, like there's less than one hundred months to get on this. And they said they're gonna they're gonna update this again in May. Do you realize I'm gonna take a break from it?
Speaker 2: And do you realize that been just created a movie in which you merge Interstellar to gather with point break?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, dude, look what you did? Yeah, exactly, body, body, what are you doing on What are you doing on this asteroid? I'm riding it because I'm gonna create a new planet to serve I'm only living one laugh. Wait a minute, why didn't you space arrest that guy cause he's gotta live? Have you all heard about this project? Hail Mary?
Speaker 3: Thing?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Is that where Jerry Jones takes the Cowboys up that asteroid and they play game of football on y R four.
Speaker 3: That'd be great. They would lose trying to the ball. I don't run the ball. You can't even keep your footing. Uh, it's a Matt Damon and Ryan Gosling in space. Hell, Yes, I'm in well, Matt Damon, just hell, I'll do a movie in a spaceship every ten years. Yeah, it's very strange. When is that the Martian was good?
Speaker 1: What was the other one? Did he did? Do another one? Did he you went full Stephen Jones?
Speaker 7: You hear that?
Speaker 5: Ye? I don't know what.
Speaker 1: Did that one?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 5: Oh he did?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I remember it.
Speaker 2: It was like so he was in space and he goes, what do you think about that? I got a number?
Speaker 1: How do you like them? Space apples? And then he like floated? Yeah that was different. Was it Elysium? Yes, he was in that too. But where he is, Uh, he's got a bionic arm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what.
Speaker 1: He's bordering scientology at all times? It seems I don't know, it feels like it the premise for every movie sounds so stupid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that one seems good though, because he's got run gossplgas. Okay, So there's a story you need to get to. There's a girl who is a college freshman at Old Miss. Her name is Mary Kay Cornett. Sounds like she would deal jewelry. She is been the victim of an online rumor that she hooked up with her boyfriend's dad. This spread on a app I had not heard of until I read this story called yik yak.
Speaker 1: This is the worst sounding thing in existence song, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Yakity yac okay yaka yak yak yik yak. What's it like? Is it like TikTok or what?
Speaker 1: Anonymous message based app?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: That's popular among college students.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you can just go online and make up stuff about people and people read it cool and that's not attributed to anything, so it spreads, It.
Speaker 3: Gets to Twitter, starts going around. I'm gonna play you two clips. You're gonna hear the clip in question in the second clip, because I want you to hear her first. She's doing an interview with NBC. This is what has happened to her.
Speaker 6: In her first TV interview, Old Miss freshman Mary Kate Cornett told me how she became famous on the internet in February, and online rumor went viral claiming an Old Miss sorority sister slept with her boyfriend's father. Then someonet attached Cornett's name and photo to it.
Speaker 1: Do you know why the room were started?
Speaker 5: No clue.
Speaker 9: Later that night, around seven pm, I was number one trending in the United States. I felt so helpless because so many people were hating on me. For something that I I had no idea an anything about.
Speaker 1: Okay, so she doesn't know.
Speaker 4: Also, why are they hating on her so much? It's her life? How are they hurting her in any way? And how hot was the dad?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: My god, we've changed her. We've changed her. We turned you out, we flipped her the Let me weigh in on how hot the dad was.
Speaker 2: When I saw it, and we, in fact, my whole family had a discussion about this, we were like, what, Yeah, because the dad, I think he's some sort of like investment banker guy or something.
Speaker 1: I never saw a picture of him.
Speaker 2: Uh, and so, and he's I believe he lives in Houston, right, I think I think the boyfriend's family is from Houston. And so when we saw the dad, we were like, uh, all right. I mean he just looks like some you know, kind of guy in his fifties that hadn't really taken that. I mean, he's a big guy, but he hadn't really taken that great care of himself.
Speaker 1: He's just a dude.
Speaker 2: And it was like they had and the things that we were reading at the time, they had all these details about the encounter, and I mean it was it was very very sordid, and there was stuff about his wife, and I mean, it was just it was just this big, giant, detailed mess of lurid gossip. It has not been taken down either. Do you see a picture of the dad there. Yeah, And I think I can't remember. I thought he was like an investment banker, so I can't remember what it said he was. But I believe that said that family was from Houston.
Speaker 3: He's just a character getting thrown into this because he's the boyfriend's dad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, so here's the second part of this cup.
Speaker 3: You're gonna hear in the middle of this the Paton McAfee show on ESPN discussing this on February twenty sixth.
Speaker 6: But that's phone number was also shared online. She was overwhelmed with harassing texts and voicemails.
Speaker 9: I was having thousands of calls come through, thousands of texts coming through, calling me a whore, calling me a slut, telling me I.
Speaker 5: Deserve to die.
Speaker 6: Cornett says she could barely leave her dorm room had to switch to online classes.
Speaker 1: Some ole miss frabro ye.
Speaker 12: Okay, hey, KD girlfriend, this is what is being reported by everybody on the internet that had sex with son and his girlfriend.
Speaker 5: Has anyone apologized to you?
Speaker 9: No, I want these famous people to know that I was not famous before this. I'm not a public figure that you can go talk about on yours and show to get more views. Nobody knows who I am, or nobody didn't know who I was. But them pressing this and pushing it farther made my situation so much worse.
Speaker 1: And also they even do that, why would they mention something that is not because.
Speaker 3: McAfee's wills off and he sees something on the internet and he says talking about and.
Speaker 2: That's that's his you know, a big part of his audience too, is they want that sort of thing. And it's kind of like meathead stufft Think about what he said, everyone on the internet's reporting it. What so everyone's a reporter pat like he works for an hour, actual reputable media entity ESPN, ABC, Disney is a massive entity that has to account for the things that they put on their airwaves. And he went on the air and he said everyone's on the internet reporting it.
Speaker 1: What they talked about it on his show for under two minutes.
Speaker 3: It's very strange because NFL Insider Adam Schefter was the guest, and he's sitting right beside.
Speaker 1: Him gut and Schefter's got the look of why are you wasting time with this? But he's just doing a show. It isn't a j Hawk sitting there? Can I hear that again? Hawk might be over zoom. I had to switch to online classes.
Speaker 12: Some old miss frabrok hey KD girlfriend d Kappa Delta something. This is what is being reported by everybody on the internet that had sex with son and his girlfriend come.
Speaker 2: Up and then right after he goes no, where do you think Russ Wilson's gonna end up?
Speaker 1: Adam? I don't understand what the point of even mentioning it is.
Speaker 10: That's what's frustrating to me. Why bully someone that is doing something that has no effect on you in your life whatsoever?
Speaker 5: What are you doing? Leave her alone?
Speaker 2: So here here's what I would say about and please understand, I'm not defending Pat mcfeel I'm not a fan. But what I would say is that when that thing dropped, yeah, I was reading it like it was news because of everywhere that I saw it, like the idea of everyone on the internet is reporting it. What happened was my daughter walked in and said, did you see this story? And I was like, I haven't heard of this, So I googled it. It was the number one thing that was trending. Like if you just started to punch in her name, it it populated.
Speaker 1: I guess I missed it.
Speaker 2: There was stories that there were stories like everywhere about it. But unless like and I talked about this all the time with my parents, for example, unless you take the time to go look at like all that is gone, you know what the original source is. Everything is just repurposing everything and you don't know what's real or not anymore.
Speaker 1: And he didn't say he didn't say name, I don't use her name. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Basically, he's basically saying this is something I'm reading on the internet, which is true. Yeah, so, but I don't understand the point of why he would even do that. I mean it because it's a salacious story.
Speaker 3: And his show is like, you know, yeah, we're sports sports, sports, and then we're killing time here and there, and when they're killing.
Speaker 1: Time, here's a crazy story going viral. But he didn't even dig into it.
Speaker 2: It's almost like he once he started talking about he realized you shouldn't have said that or something.
Speaker 3: So, you know, they this NBC interview that I'm that, I'm that I played audio up for you guys. I think is her striking back a little bit. And that's definitely coached up by the lawyer because they can. I don't think they can win this because because he did not mention her name. You know, you go to a court that's some college frat bro hooking up with the katie. I think that's tough a little awful for her though, messed up, and I think this happens a lot more than this.
Speaker 1: But it's good.
Speaker 2: Good for her for standing up herself because even if she doesn't win, she changes the narrative and everyone's like, oh my god, that is right that everyone just ran with that it's not.
Speaker 1: True, very crazy story. She should sue yikiyak.
Speaker 3: You know, it happens on his show, but then you know, his show gets posted and spread and people see it after the fact and it just kind of lives. Barstool picks it up and then here we go, you know, so you know, it's a it's a very uh. I don't know, the story is not going away. I would imagine I'll say that.
Speaker 1: And there is the weekday update, third three, five Thursday. Yep, thank you Kevin. Coming up next in the Big Finish, KT has a Texas Rangers Walk up Music game. We're gonna play it and we'll prove it next