Speaker 1: I don't think this is going to work today. It is a Bill Cunningham show. That's his theme, bad to the bone, which he is, of course, But Bill isn't here today. It's two days before Christmas and a day after a special event in my life. Belated birthday party begins now on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: And I got older, losing my head many years from now, will he still be sending me follow time birthday greetings, bottle of wine. It let me down till quarter to three? Would you lock the door?
Speaker 3: Will you you'll need me? Will you'll feed me?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: I'm sixty four?
Speaker 1: Gary Jeb Walker in for Willy on this December twenty third, twenty twenty four. A big show between now and three o'clock will include the music professor Jim Levarbara, who shares that special day with me December twenty second, and along the way, doctor John Hubert, Dave Tech, Guy Hatterer, Rick Robinson, some of my favorites, I mean, my favorite people to talk to on the radio, not named you, because I love talking to you on the radio.
Speaker 4: A long way from nineteen sixty.
Speaker 1: Here we are, and our first guest on this special belated birthday show is the one and only, well not the one and only, but my favorite.
Speaker 4: Hey, well done. It's like Breakfast with the Beatles all over again. Yeah, the Beatle Thing.
Speaker 1: Circa two thousand and eight.
Speaker 4: Peter Brownson.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show and the belated birthday show for Gary, Jeff, Jim, Lebarbara and anybody else who's a winter solstice baby.
Speaker 4: It's great to have you in the studio again. Yay, glad to be here with you.
Speaker 5: You know, I was listening to that classic when I'm sixty four. You know how you can be absolutely sure that was written by somebody in their twenties, because he says, when I've been out till quarter to three, nobody who's sixty four?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, that's maybe quarter to three in the afternoon. I will listen. I'm late for the Early Bird special. It's two forty five. I'm going to lock the door.
Speaker 1: At a quarter to three, locking the door. They're talking about the buffet. Yeah, Malden Crown, make sure lunch ins at two forty five. You better be here beforehand, mister, And you give me this wonderful book Happy from New York Times bestselling author Timothy Keller I guess with his wife Kathy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, wow, Timothy is he's really Tim Keller is just one of my favorite guys for really great.
Speaker 4: It's your wife, Kathy, Yes she is? Yes, yes, all right.
Speaker 1: So that's another A year of daily devotions in the in the Book of Proverbs, God's wisdom for navigating life. It's kind of like a little daily devotional, as you were saying, yeah, and I just randomly turned pages, but there's one for every day.
Speaker 4: Proverbs are so rich, they're just fantastic and psalms.
Speaker 1: But a kind hearted woman gains honor, but ruthless men gain only wealth eleven sixteen. Wow, Well I don't have I have not accumulated much wealth, So I guess I'm not that ruthless. I do have a kind hearted woman. But who is here as well? Christ To two point zero is sitting back in the Cincinnati Harambe's chair. She is she is our door person, our door woman. She is going to make sure that there's proper crowd control. And uh, you know that none of the riffrafft come in.
Speaker 4: Kind of the van of white sure, the Gary Jeff Walker show.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I've got specially selected riffraff on this show against It's gonna be fun. The phone lines are open. I don't know what you want to talk about, and personally, I don't know. My wife is still very concerned about possibly losing Frish's Tartar sauce. She told me this morning that she's got to go get a big Boy while they're still open. Oh yeah, And I would stock up on the tartar sauce.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Somebody needs to get on that and pick it up as a product, absolutely and make it as like something you can order online with all their other like their pumpkin pie. Sure wouldn't people, or their strawberry pie. Wouldn't that be like just a Frishes catering service. Here's the thing you swing by and pick it up on the holidays.
Speaker 1: And they sell frozen white castles in the box. I don't know how good they are. I've always been a little afraid of white castle in general. But a bullet burger. Yeah, but they could sell fishes, big boys and frozen well.
Speaker 5: I think they really do well with the pumpkin pie because it freezes pretty well from what I've seen. Yeah, and same with the tartar sauce, wouldn't it. I mean that be a nice frozen product, and the strawberry pie.
Speaker 1: So think about it. You become a regular around here. You were on the Stooge Report last Friday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if I hang around here to get accused of loitering, well, no, be careful, they might put you on the payroll.
Speaker 4: And you don't want that.
Speaker 1: Oh, if you do not want that, because there are certain things that come along with it, certain strings.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the ties that bind.
Speaker 1: And so I haven't been on anybody's payroll in a very long I was going to say, see, you're not used.
Speaker 5: Obligations to come with it are just not my game anymore.
Speaker 1: So think about it. Well, we've got these few minutes together here in this half hour. What do you think who do you think was the person of the year? Do you think time finally got it right with Donald Trump being named Man of the Year. If you're going to have an award such as that in the first place.
Speaker 4: No doubt, no doubt. Yeah, there's just nothing like this.
Speaker 5: What's happened We've I mean I I've lived a little bit longer than you, Gary, Jeff, and in my lifetime, if I think back to all the things that have happened in politics and presidential races, There's never been anything like this. I mean, we can go back to Watergate. I was around for that as in my teens. That was pretty spectacular. But to see this kind of comeback, that was Nixon's big comeback, of course, and then Watery followed. But to see this kind of comeback and the attempt at assassinations and they threw everything at this guy, I mean everything, and now we're beginning.
Speaker 4: To try to put him in jail exactly.
Speaker 5: And now we're beginning to find out for doing his job and dishonest. Those January six hearings were with Liz Cheney and Adam Kinsinger and all those clowns. They were hiding evidence, shredding papers, destroying videotapes of testimony, unbelievable pollit bureau style star chamber stuff. They use a polite word, you held back, I saw you kind of bite your tongue.
Speaker 4: Stuff. No, But.
Speaker 1: The other thing and part of this comeback, I mean they they impeached him for actually doing his job.
Speaker 4: Yes, for speaking to a foreign leader, uh huh, yeah.
Speaker 1: About any corruption that may come in between relations between two countries and the United.
Speaker 5: Perfectly reasonable question for a US president when he's dealing with the most corrupt oligarchy on the planet, perhaps next to the sort.
Speaker 1: But they wanted to make sure that they got their puppet elected, no matter what they had to do to do it.
Speaker 4: Yep, yep. And then you're compare pluding.
Speaker 1: Stuffing ballot boxes, including massive voter fraud in twenty twenty, taking advantage of a scared public during the pandemic doing you know, don't let a crisis go to waste, the old rama manual. And they're bringing RAM back because they're in such disarray right now. They may never recover there at this point're in trouble, but they'll bounce back.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: They're like the people, the scary guys in the Halloween movies. They're always popping back up somewhere around in a closet or something, and they'll jump out and try and cause as much chaos again as they can. But what the other reason, just going back to the pick for Man of the Year is the profound change This is already working in our culture, in our entertainment, in our daily life, in our national and international affairs.
Speaker 1: Donald John Trump is the president right now, he just does not have the power of the executive order, which he will exercise in full on January twentieth, to negate to reverse all of the terrible policies that were enacted under the Biden administration. And people are just seeing them walk around, just wondering, where's the president, Where's Joe Biden. They could have been asking that question four years ago and been valid in asking that question, because he's never been in charge of anything. It's all been Susan Rice or some other unseen powers that be in the hierarchy of the Democrat Party. But now we have a fighter, a true fighter, not just for himself but for all of us, you know, as signified by that iconic fight fight would blood trickling down his face?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And I don't know if you saw it, but the Wall Street Journal did a blockbuster investigative story the other day that said, Joe Hiden really wasn't confident as president for the past four years.
Speaker 4: And it's like, really, now, you tell us, I mean, we were watching it.
Speaker 5: We kind of noticed this if we were watching, And I wrote in the comment section, I said, so what's your next breaking news? Going to Dallas was probably a mistake. For John Kennedy. Really now we can.
Speaker 1: Tell you jeez. So if I can ask how old a man are you?
Speaker 5: Seventy one and I will be seventy two on January tewod, so you're getting there. I'm also right around Christmas birthday, which is less and less important.
Speaker 1: Well, plus and there's a lot less physical exertion once you get into your seventies because you're no longer a sex juagenarian.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to touch that one.
Speaker 1: No, no, Peter, the book promised land is I guess doing well.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's doing great. Yeah, and all the others as well.
Speaker 1: The only person I know who actually bought airtime on this station to promote your book. You don't know any other author that I've interviewed who actually buys airtime. Yeah, you know. And when you got all this free airtime, well it works.
Speaker 5: It works to get the word out for people and help them understand that there's something new on the market there for Chris Shore.
Speaker 4: But also I like to do that because, as you know, but many of your listeners may not.
Speaker 5: I'm also a publisher and I do about fifteen titles a year for other authors, So I like to do these advertising kind of test drives so that when my other authors come to me and they say, what can I do to promote my book? I can tell them this works, that doesn't. I can tell you some things really work and some things do not work at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Promised Land, how the Midwest was one about? You know, you think you got it tough today with your first world problems. You have no idea what it's like to come into a totally literally foreign land to you, Yes, to start a new life, to make your family a home in this vast wilderness that was the United States in the late seventeen hundreds, early eighteen hundreds, the mid eighteen hundreds. The Miami Valley and the Miami Valley, beautiful place and clean water. You're encountering. You're encountering for your struggles of people who were very, very warlike.
Speaker 4: Oh no kidding, The Miami and the shawn and so fearsome.
Speaker 5: Even the other Indian tribes would not mess with the Miami and the Shawnee.
Speaker 4: And they were they were evil to each other before white men ever got here.
Speaker 5: Yes, they had perfected the arts of torture, of brutality. Look at they're a stone age people. They don't have the wheel. I mean, they've mastered fire pretty well, and they're really good at using that to torture people. But you know, for example, it would take hundreds and hundreds of acres to sustain a Shawnee, a small group of Shawnee people, because they would hunt all of the wildlife out of that area. And then that's why they were so nomadic. They had to move to a new area where the wild wildlife wasn't aware of them, so they could again.
Speaker 4: But they took.
Speaker 5: Thousands of acres to support a Shawnee village, whereas when the first settlers came, ten or fifteen acres could support their family, forty acres could support a whole village, one d two hundred acres could support a town.
Speaker 1: It's too late for Christmas shopping on December twenty third, but if you're interested and haven't checked it out yet, Promised Land the latest by Peter Bronson available. You can go to your website, yes and order that as well. Right chilidog press dot com. I had some specials going.
Speaker 5: I'm still doing that, so free shipping and up till Christmas we are running two day shipping. But now that's not as important because it's really too late to shoot them for the two day shipping.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, and you can buy the book for Peter's birthday, which is January twod probably have it in time for Pete's birthday.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for being with me this afternoon and.
Speaker 5: My party of the later birthday to you, and Merry Christmas to you and Christa, and hope you guys have a great twenty twenty five. Jim Lebarbara will be here a little bit later on just past one o'clock, and my friend doctor John Hubert, forensic psychologists based out of Austin, Texas, is coming up after the news. A shout out to Nicole at Humberts. You just made our day. We're busting our bud at Humberts and I just heard you on the radio. It's a great We love you. And also former Saturday Morning producer Grant Happy belated miss you and still listening and thank you my brother.
Speaker 4: We'll take a break and come back.
Speaker 1: Happy birthday to me seven hundred w l wid.
Speaker 6: Happy holiday holiday, Happy holiday, while the merry bells keep ringing Happy holiday.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't really mind people saying happy holidays.
Speaker 4: Because they want to be inclusive.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's fine, and that's very much a Christmas spirit kind of added to.
Speaker 4: But I say Merry Christmas. No, it's wide on the ground. What do you say Merry Christmas exactly?
Speaker 1: You can speak into the mic, it's the holid Well, no you can't, because she took the mic down, Kenzie. Just for future reference, please keep all microphones up. The entire show great because you never know there's going to be more people in this studio here. Look, it's a belated birthday party on the Bill Cunningham Show for me, Gary, Jeff Walker, Jim Larbarbara and anybody else lucky enough to have been born on the Winter Solstice, shortest day of the year, but a lot a long nights my birth history and joining us now is my friend, forensic psychologist based out of Austin, Texas, a long time radio guest of mine and an even longer time well.
Speaker 4: He's a mess.
Speaker 1: Doctor John Huber is here as we approach Christmas, and doctor Huber, first and foremost, welcome to my belated birthday party.
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 7: I am amazing and happy the amazing birthdays to you too, Thank.
Speaker 4: You, thank you.
Speaker 8: Very much.
Speaker 1: Christ is here, She said, I want to hear doctor Hubert. So she slapped on a pair of headphones and.
Speaker 7: And said, hello, get afternoon Christ.
Speaker 1: All right, So, uh, what's going on? They're around the Hubert Hacienda as we lead up to Christmas Day on Wednesday? Oh well, you know.
Speaker 7: The whip crackers got everybody vacuum in and and mowing the lawn and getting everything nice and ready for all the guests that we have coming in the next couple of days. And uh, you know, just just preparing. We decided no turkey or hand we did that for thanks and we were doing faidas for Christmas dinner.
Speaker 4: Now what what kind of fidas?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 9: B bce.
Speaker 7: That's all That's all there really is. Everything else is, you know, just a cheap imitation of the original.
Speaker 1: Now do you spice him up Texas style? How do you do your fadas?
Speaker 7: He definitely marinate with jalapenos and beer.
Speaker 4: And uh yeah good.
Speaker 1: My wife has rolling her eyes because she can't have anything spicy in her mouth. Uh she'll start coughing like like she's choking.
Speaker 4: Literally, No, yeah, I see.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm not either. But but the thing is, if you do it right. You can actually flavor them with the jlapenos and not add spice to it. So you need to know your audience. And sometimes usually what we do is we make some that are spicy and some that are not spicy. You know, any of the white membrane on the inside of the pepper or the seed, you scrape all of that out.
Speaker 1: See I know that, but that's still she she thinks the meat of a jalapeno is too spicy. No, if I ribon seed it, you should be good. Yes, exactly. Uh So, doctor, this is a tough time of year for a lot of people. Maybe somebody who's listening right now, But do you have any recommendations as someone who who practices psychology for people who are struggling with maybe a loss of a family member or perhaps who knows. Corporations really don't care much most of the time about what time of the year they let people go. People struggling with job loss, And it's just it's supposed to be such a joyous team. It's the holidays season, so hoopedie do and hickory doc and you.
Speaker 4: Find a word that rhymes with doc, and you you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's just one of those things that I've had some low points around the holidays, around Christmas before once or twice in my life, but mostly I've been blessed by God with a great family and enough bounty to at least sustain myself and sustain my joy. But what's a recommendation from a doctor John Huber for people who are I mean, are there any are there any quick fixes at all?
Speaker 7: Well, one thing I say is do your best to not be alone. I know it's hard sometimes when you're away from family or you know, the bottoms dropped out, but you're not the only one who's going through that. And the fact that you're alive and breathing, you know, I can testify to this gives you an opportunity to make your world a better day tomorrow. Just make everything a little bit better, even if it's just one inch better, that means it was better than the day before, and you're moving in the right direction. And you know it's a struggle. I mean, people who suffer from depression, you know it's not like, oh, just snap out of it. Well, if you could just snap out of it, it wouldn't be clinical depression. And you have to realize though that some of the some of the habits, you know, they told us to do during COVID Stay in your house, don't be around friends, don't talk to people all that those are the worst things you can do for anxiety and depression. Get out there, talk to people, and just be around other human beings. You don't have to be the life of the party, you know, just be out there and realize that, you know, there are people who want want other people around them just like you, even though you don't feel like it. Sometimes.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, ken Brew had a guest on earlier before I came on the air talking about and you mentioned the COVID lockdowns and the mandates and everything else that occurred for a numbingly long time in our country and in our world and in our lives, and how much that isolation hurt, especially kids who need socialization. They need to attend a classroom in person, They need to have interaction with other people, They need to see people's faces, yes, and show their own faces and emotions. And we're still dealing with that to a great extent in this country. The the hangover from what I called the scamdemic is really one of the worst morning afters that I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 7: You, oh, absolutely, And you know it's crazy. You know, we've known for a very long time. We're talking like thousands of years that covering one's face makes you less likely to stand up for yourself and significantly less likely to stand up and help or protect other people. So putting on this mask that Fauchi's own research from two thousand and four showed that it's ineffective at stopping the virus pandemic or any type of a pandemic like that. All it did was make you less likely psychologically to stand up for what you know is wrong. So you know, one of the things I recommend for people is, you know, if you're sick and you don't want to give somebody you know, because you might sneeze. That's a perfect reason to wear the mask to keep from sneaks on people and passing it that way, because even if the virus does get through the mask, which we know it can, but when you sneeze like it, it limits how far it goes and it stops how far it's out there.
Speaker 4: The other thing I want to.
Speaker 7: Tell you to do is get outside. Sunlight is an amazing anti viral. So get get outside. Plus it's also an amazing antidepressant. When sunlight hits your skin, your body, you know, starts making vitamin D and the byproducts that your body makes vitamin D out of will go into the blood brain barrier into your brain, and your brain then can make those neurotransmitters like dopamine, nor upenephrin serotonin and balance out your normal hormonal and neural transmit mission. Uh homeostasis the balance that you need to have. So get outside and do it at least a half an hour, maybe an hour or so. If you're worried about, you know, getting sunburn or something like that, it can be indirect sunlight, you know, get under a tree, pull up a chair, sit back. If it's like here, you know, it's it's nice and comfortable outside right now, and you can get under a tree or in the direct sunlight. And man, that's some of the best things you can do for yourself this time of year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, during during the lockdowns, when the governor of Kentucky where we live, Andy Basheer, was telling people if they attended a church service that was open, they they might and they actually sent agents to church parking lots to get license plate numbers of people so they could track and trace them who had been disobeying the governor's directive not to attend church. You're not to be gathering with other people during this And you know, we dealt with that in the Commonwealth, and the Commonwealth wasn't even one of the big or crackdown states. But I called the man the boy dictator, and I still called him that. And people have forgotten sadly about the things that he did, the violations of our constitutional rights, as are human rights, all in the wake of fearmning and.
Speaker 7: Oh absolutely absolutely, And it was a big social experiment experiment. I mean, they were able to control and shut down close to one hundred and eighty countries and nobody raised the gun, nobody pointed a barrel at anybody. They just hey, it's a pandemic. Listen to me. I know better than you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, and they admitted that the six foot rule was just something they made up.
Speaker 4: They were just, well, what should we call it? Twelve feet?
Speaker 1: No, that's that's that's no, that's too much, six feet. Yeah, let's go with six feet. And there was no scientific basis for any of it. And they have admitted that, Yeah, what else will they ever admit?
Speaker 4: Doctor? That's the other thing.
Speaker 7: Is, well, let's see, the six foot rule is something they did at during the Spanish fluid epidemics that happened in nineteen hundred early early nineteen hundred.
Speaker 4: Yea, it was like nineteen seventeen, wasn't it something?
Speaker 7: Yeah, something like that, And it's kind of crazy we go back to there and just because they did it then it's like, wellsbout you when they hadn't did it again. It's like n because he even said on his way out that he just kind of pulled that out of the air somewhere. And there's the history lesson is where he pulled it out of what eventually stopped. Believe it or not, the Spanish flop pandemic is when they finally told everybody to forget it, just get outside. Everybody go outside. And it was during the summer, and it virtually shut the whole shut the whole pandemic down, the Spanish flu pandemic.
Speaker 1: What I was saying, doctor, is that during these lockdowns when we weren't supposed and they closed businesses and the whole thing and the economy collapsed and people were you know, driven to suicide in many sad, terrible cases. My wife and my wife and I purposely we called it asphalt therapy. We would get outside, we'd go for a ride in the car. We go fifty sixty miles. We'd interact with anybody we saw. We purposely broke their non laws just for our own sanity. I called it asphalt therapy, and it really helped. It helped us get through it.
Speaker 7: It is amazing how that can do it. You know, getting outside, getting away. You know, if you start feeling better and your attitude gets picked up and you start having a positive attitude because you feel better and not feeling depressed, it actually boost your immune system. You know, this time of year, you know, we're not having a big, you know, pandemic thing we do have. Like here we're getting ourselves beat up overseat fever here in Central Texas. This is the start of it. And it's just everything is coated in a yellow powder. Your car every morning, no matter how many times you wash it, you're gonna get up and it's gonna be yellow. Uh. And we just have to deal with it. But staying inside is not a healthy thing for you. You still need to get outside, and you need to be in that environment and with the sunlight and go out and be with people without animals.
Speaker 1: Nobody ever saying I'm dreaming of a yellow Christmas. Sound like Snoopy got busy in the snow or something. And by the way, watch out, watch out where the huskies go. Don't you eat that yellow snow? That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Uh, Well, Doc, I treasure you as a friend and as a guest. Do you have any advice for people going into the new year?
Speaker 7: Don't make resolutions there? They're a way to beat yourself up because the whole you know, doing that kind of a resolution, uh, is kind of a setup for yourself because we tend to pick huge, huge goals and we never meet them, and then again we beat ourselves up and we start spiraling down that I'm worthless kind of mentality. And what you need to do is make a plan to make small changes. And if you make one little change every day for a year, by the end of the year, you'll be a different person.
Speaker 1: It's that's excellent advice. One little change a day. And now I got to I got to remember to remember that every day now, which will probably keep my mind active and will benefit me positively in that way. Well and may or maybe I'm just talking, maybe I'm just making stuff up.
Speaker 7: What Yeah, after talking with Chris, I would say, you know, if you would just say one nice thing a day, it would change you one hundred percent. By the end of the.
Speaker 1: Year, you're not allowed to provide your own rim shot. Oh that's great. Well listen. Merry Christmas to you and happy New Year.
Speaker 10: Doctor.
Speaker 1: I know we will be in communicado very very soon again, as we usually are. And uh, my wife really appreciates the memes and the really bizarre things you send her via face about. I know, I know, and I'm not going to go through it right now. It wouldn't be appropriate, uh doctor, And Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas to you, doctor John Huber, who is currently coughing, and.
Speaker 7: Uh, yes, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: And you were, as always amazing. Thank you for being a part of the Bladed Birthday show.
Speaker 7: Doc, Thank you, my friend, have an amazing holiday. I'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 1: All right, Doctor Hubert there and coming into the studio moments ago. The other birthday boy, Jim Lebarbara, how are you, my friend?
Speaker 8: Happy birthday, Happy birthday, Happy birthday. Yeah, good, really good, feel good today.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna we're gonna in the next hour, you and I are going to spend some time talking about that. Our friend Dave, Dave Hatter is coming up right after the news here in a few months. I thought it was terrific. Oh, Peter, I'm listening. Does he write like a book a week?
Speaker 8: Then?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 8: And then they looked at he's got chilli, he's got his own press. He's been very prolific late. And what happened to inquire He leaves in selling. It's a whole different direction.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 1: I think the Inquirer's problem is way bigger than just the lack of Peter Bronson. But you're right, it didn't It didn't help at all. All right, More with Jim Lebarba, the Music Professor, Dave Hatter and the belated Birthday Show on the Bill Cunningham Show continues Gary Jeffan for Willie and It's our birthday.
Speaker 4: When do you like to listen to Scott's Sloan?
Speaker 1: I love to listen to Sloaney when I'm at my cubicle because I couldn't care less about my job if I see someone smiling at work, I instantly know they're listening to Sloaney as everyone else looks like they're on prison work details.
Speaker 4: I listened to Sloney when I was in prison.
Speaker 1: Did you really a bunch of us would drink the hoochs we made in our toilets and have a slony party?
Speaker 4: Sloney and toilet booze might be fun. Scott's loan Clony Yes, toilet drinks.
Speaker 11: No Tomorrow morning at nine on seven hundred WLW, and check out his podcast on the three iHeartRadio ad Well, when you're.
Speaker 1: Standing in the shower but the water won't get hot, and well, a water heater problem is what you've got.
Speaker 4: We can fix that.
Speaker 1: Twenty third, twenty twenty four The Bill Cunningham Show, which today is being pre emptied for the belated Birthday Show Gary, Jeff Walker, Jim Lebarbara celebrating our birthdays yesterday and again today because we just can't get.
Speaker 3: It up and got the losing my head only in.
Speaker 1: Your case Jim, it would be when I'm eighty three.
Speaker 8: I was thinking, are we born on the scene? We're born on the same day? Was it the same year you and I have were in the same year too, is that? No, Oh, not exactly you wish.
Speaker 1: So you're born in December twenty second, nineteen forty one, that's right, Yeah, just fifteen days after the attack on Pearl Harbor. And my dad went out that day and bought me a Lineell electric train. I still have it. That same day. But I was born when happened bought his son of electric train. I still have that train. So that is so cool.
Speaker 8: That was cool. That's great. You know, I was thinking back on birthday gifts that I remember the birthday gifts, and you know what, I don't remember, and I don't remember it. Did it ever happen to you? I don't remember ever in school, all through school, they never sang Happy Birthday to me because we were always on Christmas.
Speaker 4: Break well, hold hold on just a second. Never happened.
Speaker 1: Somebody may want to sing Happy birthday, Dave had or please stand by just for a moment. It's Mametry, who's a regular caller on this Saturday morning edition, who was called in today and real quickly, Mametree, this is your moment in the spotlight. Give us what you got.
Speaker 12: Baby ady, birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday professor and Gary Jeff.
Speaker 9: And I.
Speaker 4: Thank you very nice.
Speaker 1: The lovely lady Lynnette also known as Mamme Tree from Florence Park here.
Speaker 4: Now, uh, what what's Christmas going to be like? At at uh at the place? Mamme Tree?
Speaker 13: Right, I thought, say, cause brought me and I got some new.
Speaker 4: Hair today, new hair.
Speaker 13: And it was my secret Sannah and they're my age. And the other age said, did you get your hair? Oh, you're wearing it. I said, yeah, I guess Santa brought it because I thought, Christine, you know one give me my wheelchair for my birthday. She said I have been over there. I said, okay, must be my secret ten and it was. And I said to this lady that told me, I said, you know I have a white boyfriend. She said, I'm sawing child.
Speaker 12: He's a hunk.
Speaker 13: Said oh, I those a little breath hair bat white man.
Speaker 4: Mama Tree.
Speaker 13: Well, he's signing blonde and brown hair and he's a hunk. Out do I have to sign autographs?
Speaker 1: Mama Tree. We got to go because we got other guests. But thank you so much for being a part of our belated birthday show.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it so much. You both by buying I love you too, all right?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: Dave had or how in the world do you follow that?
Speaker 9: Oh? You literally took the words right out of my mouth. Skairs chest. I'm like, really, you're gonna put me on after that? Come on, that's malurkey, my god. But a happy birthday to you, I mean, two radio legends.
Speaker 1: Well, it's just amazing. I was talking with somebody else about this. What's amazing is we're born nineteen years apart on the same day. Both of us had a long, extended radio careers, and it's all we pretty much have ever done, the both of us, and I didn't even know that we shared the same birthday until like a year or two after we met and did stuff and and but when I found that out, it was like mind blown time warp, you know, a mirrored a mirrored kind of existence within it with another generation.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, you know.
Speaker 9: For I was just going to say, for a Cincinnati area native like me, I mean, you guys are birth legends. I listened to a lot of talk radio. I think that's pretty cool. And again, happy birthday to both of you.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: As we are approaching Christmas, you sent me something at Gary Jeff Walker at seven hundred WLW dot com about well, it was about scams and especially around this time of year. The twelve cyber Scams of Christmas twenty twenty four a holiday cyber survival guide.
Speaker 4: Can you give me some of those days? Well, carry Jeff.
Speaker 9: You know, sadly it's hard to get it down to twelve. But I put this article together hopefully. I was probably a little late to the game. I should have got it out earlier, but you know, hopefully for those folks that are out there doing some last minute shopping, maybe it'll do some good. And you know, the intent before I dive into some of these is really just to help raise awareness, because the best offense you as an individual have against most of the scams that are prevalent out there is a awareness and be skepticism. You know, so much of this stuff relies on spoofing and social engineering, copying legitimate things, things that look real to the naked eye because you don't really understand how to dig down into them, and then usually either some deal that's too good to be true my first item when I'll delve into it out of a bit or be you know, some sort of urgency. So yeah, the first one on my list deals to be true. It's so easy, Garrit. Yet it is so easy to set up a server somewhere in the world, probably for free. And when I say server, I'm using that term loosely. They have access to compute resources where in the past you might have had to buy something, Right, get access to something that's dirt cheap or free, and then send out hundreds of millions of emails or texts. It's easy for me to go to Walmart's website or Amazon or pick anyone you want, copy the stuff off of it, see what deals they're running, and then send out hundreds of millions of emails to the naked eye. Look just like that, right, except now when you click that link, you're going to a website where they have spoofed it. Again. Spooping is just sort of the nerd terminologies where I've copied or cloned something, and if I'm good at it, if I know what I'm doing and I take my time, I can make something that, for all intentsive purposes, is going to look exactly like the real thing. So I send out texts or your package is delayed, you know, that's another big one on the list this time of year. They know people are shopping online. They know people are looking for those killer deals. They know if you're a guy like me, you've waited till the last minute to get your Wifely's not listening, and you know you're well, so you're you're looking for that great deal. You're at the last minute. You're probably kind of at your witsin and it's easy to catch folks off guard, you know, And that's that's what so much of this stuff is about. So if the deal seems too good to be true, it probably is right. The digital doesn't mean all these these old adages and the wisdom that we've learned over the years is true. These people are just digital comment for the most part, and they're leveraging these tools to steal your money and steal your data or both if they can. So.
Speaker 1: A healthy amount of skepticism should be exercised at all times when you're dealing with somebody online, especially if you don't know who they are really, and the only way and the only way to know who they are really is maybe to go to the actual site yourself. If they're spoofing a site, go to the actual site and see what they say and see what is on the actual site. You don't want to be fooled by some The one that I've seen most prevalently in the last probably six months, and it applies to both emails and texts to my phone, is your package cannot make it through customs or your package your parcel has been held up by USPS and you need to do such and such before you can have it delivered. And I'm going I didn't order a package, so I knew right away that there was no package waiting for me. I mean, how's that scam work, Dave?
Speaker 9: Yeah, you're exactly right there, Jess. And these scams won't all year around, but they become extremely prevalent between Thanksgiving and Christmas because they then more people are shopping online. You have these days like Cyber Monday and Black Friday where you're going to have an enormous amount of online shopping. Some recent stats I saw and they're they're in a different, actually different article I wrote about Tamu and why you should not be using these Chinese shopping sites. We can get into that if you want. That's another topic that kind of makes my head explode.
Speaker 4: But you know, let's not do that right before Christmas, your head.
Speaker 9: I keep my Gary Jeff Walker authorized duct tape nearby just in case my head explodes while listening to the radio. Yeah, but on on that front, On that front, you know, they know people are doing more shopping than ever. Again, any objective measure shows you that, and they know again it's it's really easy to send a text that looks like it came from any phone number. It's really easy to send an email that looks like it came from any address. And I think texts are even more nefarious because it's so much harder on to the naked eyes determined is a text legitimate? And you know again that healthy does of skepticism. Did I actually order something? And then if I did, do exactly what you just said. Okay, I know I owner something from let's just say Target, and I got this notification that it's delayed. I can't tell from looking at it if it's legitimate or not. My advice is, assume it's not legitimate. Go to Target, get the shipping, get the tracking number for from them that's shipping you. Goot Target dot com. Don't click any links, don't call any numbers they provide. You know, this whole boiler room operations operating in other countries where they're waiting for you to call that number and they're going to con you and tell you whatever they need to say to figure out how to steal your data and or your money. So you go to Target, you log into your account, you get the tracking number from whatever you bought, and then you know, so we ship the UPS or FedEx or whatever. You go to the ups dot com website and type in that tracking number. That's the only way you can guarantee you're not getting scammed. I'm not saying and you might not get some kind of email or text message that is legit from one of these organizations, but I am saying this type of attack is so prevalent, especially this time of year. Unless you're a nerd like me, you're running an enormous amount of risk. Just don't do it. Go out of band, go to the site you bought the thing from, get the tracking number, look it up on your own, and then you won't have to worry about getting conns right before Christmas.
Speaker 1: Now, Dave Patter, you said, unless you're a nerd like me, do even nerds like you have a possibility of being scammed.
Speaker 9: Well, absolutely, Gary Jeff, because you know, sometimes you get in a hurry, sometimes they do catch off guard. One of the favorites, you know, I do a lot of public speaking on these topics, and one of my favorite things to show, as you know, Gary jeffs on my spare time, I'm the mayor of Fort Wright and begetting enormous amount of spam and so forth there. And one of these funny emails I got was supposedly from a law firm and appeared to be divorce papers from my wife. Now, if you know me really well, you would know that email could land while we're on the phone today, especially since, like I just said, still try to figure out that Christmas gift thing. Yeah, but you know, that's the kind of thing where you know, if you don't just stop and take a breath and go wait a minute, you know, anything that's trying to create a sense of urgency, strong possibility if there's a scam there, So you know, and then I don't know if you happen to catch that other article I send you, the one about how one click can basically make you lose all your money if you read to that at the headline how I lost the fortune of just one bad click. I encourage all your listeners to go look this up. It's some crabs on security. He's a well known, internationally renowned cybersecurity expert, and he walks through a very recent scam that is very elaborate. It's kind of complex, and I don't know that you're going to want to get into it too deep in the air here, but I will just say this. They are leveraging free tools from Google. Now this is not a slam on Google per se, be Microsoft or anyone else, but they're using free tools available from Google to send messages that appear to come from Google. So it's covering their tracks. It's making it easier for these messages to slide through your email defenses and so forth. And several people have lost hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars in crypto. These are not necessarily nerds like me, but you know, fairly technical people because they let their guard down, and you know, Google says in there, And I'll just tell everyone listening to you, guess who is not going to call you and tell you that your account has been hacked? Google or Microsoft or any of these giant companies. If you don't believe me, call them and see if they take your call, see if you can get any help from Google or Microsoft. You won't be able to. They are not going to call you and tell you there's fraw on your account. So you know, if you get a call quote unquote, remember it's easy to spoof a phone number. You don't have to be a technical expert to do it. And he gets into that a little bit in this scam because one of the people who lost about a half million dollars in cryptocurrency, it was an email telling him there was strawt on his alert. Then there was a phone call through a Google provided service. So these people are smart, and they're devis and they're creative, as we talk about almost every week carry Jeff, and you know, so yes, even smart technical people can get sucked in by these things. If you don't step back, take a breath and go wait a minute, you know, what's the likelihood of this and why is this so urgent? And even if you do feel like you have to act on something, it's always best to them don't click those links, don't use those phone numbers, don't send a text back to that or anything like that. Go to the source that purports to be from on your own, and you initiate whatever comes next to yourself from the verifiable source.
Speaker 1: And you've told me many many times, if at all possible, stay as far away as possible from Google and anything Google related.
Speaker 9: I am not a Google, and I would encourage people to find other more privacy and suddenly oriented products, platforms, service.
Speaker 4: I've got a Safari on my iPhone.
Speaker 10: Safari okay, yeah, that's Apple's native browser. And Apple while every one of these big tech companies hance their problems scary Jet, none of them are without sin. It's just a question of which one is or which ones are the most privacy and security friendly. And when you look at the big players out there, you've got to understand companies like.
Speaker 9: Google or their parents' company, Alphabet, you are not the customer, You are their product.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 9: The whole model of surveillance capitalism is based on collecting and monetizing your data. There's very few things they can actually sell you, right versus Apple or Microsoft. Now I'm not saying they don't collect your data, but that's not the fundamental part of the business model. Right. Apple is selling your hardware and software. Microsoft is selling you software, so they generally tend to be more privacy and security friendly because they're in sin are different. Does that makes sense?
Speaker 4: It makes perfect sense.
Speaker 1: They've they've got a business model that is not based on just feeding off of you. Dave Hatter, I wish you a very blessed merry Christmas, you and your family, and thank you so much for being a part of our belated birthday party.
Speaker 4: Jim, you had one question, and I'll get the answer from Dave.
Speaker 8: I have Google, and all of a sudden, like four or five months ago, I have all these things come on from security, things that I need to upgrade my security, and all of a sudden, all these things are on my on my computer screen and I can't get you. I slide them off, they can write back on and it's all from some security system. You're you're you're being hacked. You've been you know, you're compromised, and I'm not. You know, it's fine checking in, everything's fine, but it just takes over my screen, my main screen, all right, Dave.
Speaker 4: Real quick sary.
Speaker 9: Jeff gives him my contact information. We haven't contact me off Wine we'll talk about it.
Speaker 4: I will absolutely Dave had her with us on seven hundred W l W.
Speaker 11: It's the most wonderful time of the year now through December twenty fifth.
Speaker 4: Jeff Ruby, It's.
Speaker 14: Dominic the Donkey Jing Jing, the Atalant Christmas donkey.
Speaker 10: La.
Speaker 1: La La La La, Dominic the donkey.
Speaker 4: Santa's got a little friend.
Speaker 14: His name is Dominic, the cuteously little donkey.
Speaker 15: You'll never see him kick when.
Speaker 14: Santa visits his paisons. He'll be because the rain decan I climb the hills of it.
Speaker 4: The lead hey king of the Jing.
Speaker 14: It's Dominic the Donkey King, the Italian Christmas Donkey La Crop.
Speaker 1: You were of telling me this past Saturday morning about this song. We had it featured on our Rock and Roll Archaeology segment, and how did it come to be?
Speaker 8: Well, nineteen sixties when it came out, but you know a lot of radio stations didn't play this, uh for whatever reason, maybe because the Italian language in the song, so it kind of just sat around and then and then later started being played on radio stations. Monty Lou Monty had a penis.
Speaker 1: A few Italians didn't have Potty Mouse. It wouldn't have been an issue.
Speaker 8: Well, that's the thing they didn't understand.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 8: The tella is a dance, littellantella and Nicole is saying Nick and Paisan is your your neighbor, your your friend? Yeah, and the cure is the little donkey, the little ass. So that's you know, and that's what the song's about. This and it's kind of confusing because he's in Brooklyn. He's making all the toys in Brooklyn. And then the reindeer you would.
Speaker 1: Did you just say that lou Monty is singing about a little ass for Chris, a little donkey, a little donkey, okay, and it's in the.
Speaker 8: Yeah, right, and the deer would fly, but for some reason they couldn't get.
Speaker 4: Up the hills of Italy.
Speaker 8: So you needed the I don't know.
Speaker 1: We have a we have a special guest in studio and Kenzie, all Mike's up, please, all Mike's.
Speaker 4: Up, including that one. All right.
Speaker 1: This is a gentleman who has been I don't know how many years he's been doing it. We'll find that out in just a moment. But he's called mister Birthday Tuba. Mister Birthday Tuba's mission in life is calling apparently from God Almighty is to call people on their birthdays and play Happy Birthday on his tuba. And today, mister Birthday Tuba also known as j C. Hartsja, Yes, is going to grace us Jim with a rendition here live in the studio on the blated birthday party for Gary, Jeff and the prof. Do your best, sir.
Speaker 6: M h uh uh uh h.
Speaker 9: M hmmm.
Speaker 6: Uh uh uh uh uh uh uhm m.
Speaker 1: H m hm h Yeah, well boo boo, that's exceptional. That is exceptional. And have you do it live? Is even better? Now if you can maybe this is going to sound awful. Maybe Christa or I can hold your horn and you can screwed up to the mic a little bit more and just set your set your piece down there, JC, all right and into the microphone. How long have you been playing the tube of JC? That's quite interesting.
Speaker 16: I trained as a trumpet player and still do that, And that goes back to June of nineteen sixty two.
Speaker 4: Oh very long time. I was a year and a half old, Yes.
Speaker 12: And.
Speaker 16: Somehow I sort of slithered into doubling on low brass.
Speaker 1: Well, low brass is better than no brass at all. I've always say, very good line, Gary, Jeff. And I've been doing the birthday tuba since at least two thousand and seven, and it's at approximately four hundred tuba ings per year.
Speaker 4: Tuba ings is at the actual official term. That's the term that I have invented.
Speaker 16: And since I'm the birthday Tube, I can invent the terms gramerion something like that, or like me a cunning linguist.
Speaker 4: Oh by it? Okay? Yeah, so you you play tuba, you still play trumpet? Right? Still play trumpet? What else do you play? Okay?
Speaker 16: And this is a meaningless statistic, but I think I have played more notes on bass trumpet than anyone else in Cincinnati. Really it's a it's an obscure instrument anyway, but it does what a trombone will do, but it's physically compact.
Speaker 4: Now, do you also play a trombone? Have you ever played a trombone?
Speaker 8: And I have not recently?
Speaker 4: What about a flugelhorn? I play that a lot, awful lot.
Speaker 1: Right, yes, So what's your What you're saying, in essence, is even a man of a certain age you can still be a very horny fellow.
Speaker 4: Oh by it?
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, well I liked about that. It wasn't just a happy birth, it was a virtue also.
Speaker 4: Oh no, a special arrangement courtesy.
Speaker 1: And then when I'm sixty four, very good also in the studio for this half art no Stooge Report. But you know what, just for the sake of all of you who've listened to the Stuge Report all these years and thought you were going to get a chance to say it, I was astonished today and kind of heartbroken when I found out when I walked in the studio that Seg wasn't here. I'd planned the show completely around also doing stooge reports, and now no Seg, no Stuge Report. But if you all would like to join me in the sponsor shout out, and you know what it is one two, three, tenth star.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 1: Quality. You can feel the stud Huge Reports. Uh so I've got these these guests in here. We have Paul Pisqually. Hello, Paul, Hi, Gary Jeff, and your brothers Rick and Ron Pisqually.
Speaker 4: Hello fellas.
Speaker 3: Hi Gary Jeff, your birthday, Gary Jeff.
Speaker 1: They're twins and you're the younger brother, Paul way younger. Yeah, well not that much younger. Yes, you're about you're you're my age, aren't.
Speaker 3: You little older than you?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So, so he's to make sense old.
Speaker 3: He's a couple of months older than you.
Speaker 1: So and and your brothers are twins. They are almost identical twins. I can tell the difference, though, but I've known him for a while.
Speaker 3: Gary Jeff. He'll look just like me in ten minutes.
Speaker 4: He will was He's going to start drinking. Rick was born first.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so uh you guys are what tipping at seventy one?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, next week.
Speaker 1: So it's kind of your bird Day party in advance. This is wonderful. Rick Robinson is here and he will be joining us in the full half hour the two o'clock.
Speaker 4: But it's great to have you Rick, as always. Thanks.
Speaker 1: We all want up a pleasure to be here, Gary Jeff, and especially to be in the presence of all these fine gentlemen, especially good professor Jim.
Speaker 4: What was the town you were born in?
Speaker 8: Pittsburgh? Pittsburgh?
Speaker 4: You were actually born in Pittsburgh, Okay, and grew up.
Speaker 8: I grew up in excuse Brentwood very young, and then slow Township McKee's Rock seven miles west of Pittsburgh.
Speaker 4: So what was it like growing up in the U.
Speaker 1: I guess fifties, since you you know, you came into puberty in the fifties.
Speaker 8: And I was wonderful, wonderful. Holiday season was special because no, we had no television. There was no television. We all go to Grandma's house and we all sang. Our entertainment was around the piano and my grandpa played the mandolin, and I had a little mandolin that he gave me and which drama and play. And my cousin Joe would be home from college and he'd have a tuxedo on and he'd played the violin. And my aunt Dora was a classical piano player. She'd played the piano.
Speaker 4: Was just like a movie. And then it was like crazy.
Speaker 8: We had the seven course Italian dinner, which was absolutely magnificent. So that went on during the day.
Speaker 4: Seven course Italian dinner.
Speaker 8: Had the fish and the meat too. You had the fish and meat and of course the pasta of the pasta and then red wine. We had red wine when I was a kid.
Speaker 1: But what were the other courses besides you had.
Speaker 8: A salad everything, you know, the salad and the pasta, all the stuff just met up to the meat and then the you know, the fish to the fish. And then Grandpa would be at the head of the table and the youngest would be the person who would hand at The youngest child would hang on. They hand out the gifts, and Grandpa's gift was always wrapped with newspaper and uh and a rope, so we knew it was Grandpa's gift. There was always something sensible, you know, like underwear or something like that, or a staple or something something.
Speaker 1: You know, there's nothing better for Christmas than sensible underwear.
Speaker 8: And Grandpa will always shake hands with you. My grandpa shake hands with you, and you get a silver dollar, silver dollar, and think about them all the time, silver dollar, and you know, you'd get back and he would catch on the third time, you know, and give you a quarter. But that was great. That was a wonderful time. And then as I got older, my dad worked for Harris Brother's floor So starting on my birthday, you know, i'd help my dad out when I was like twelve years old on on and we'd deliver flowers. He was a delivery boy for a floorist. We'd be on the truck delivering flowers. And that was when I really learned about people because we could go to the Mount Lebanon section of Pittsburgh, very wealthy, like an Indian hill here. And I can remember Christmas Eve, you know, we're there Christmas Eve and the lady yelling at the door, after going through three feet of snow to get to the door, yelling at me to go around the back door the servants entrance. I have to walk round the back and yet in the north side of Pittsburgh with a poor, poor neighborhood, you know, the lady was, oh, oh, give you some prooki or fifty cents or whatever, and all you walked was three or four steps, you know. And so I learned a lot about people during that time. And Dad would always every Christmas we did that, you know, with my dad.
Speaker 1: By the way, I want to do a shout out to Tony Rosiello, who is our friend from Frittita.
Speaker 8: For telling you need it Italian brothers.
Speaker 1: And I missed the breakfast last Friday. I wasn't feeling good. I know, Marty was there and who else Jansen? Denny Jansen was a keynote speaker. It was terrific. Buddy lo Rose is still there.
Speaker 8: I sat next to Mark and Mike Michaelrose, and Mark was there and Buddy was there. And then there was a guy forgetting his name. He's ninety eight years old and Buddy's ninety five. And somebody said let's do this Senior Olympics and had the two because they boxed together when they were younger. They boxed together, and they said, let's have a Senior Olympics and get you guys together. We'll charge money and go go to charity.
Speaker 4: Well that's kind of tough.
Speaker 12: I me.
Speaker 1: You know, they're still in obviously decent shape to be that age. Unbelievable, this guy, but but you know, past ninety, past ninety, you can break a hip just getting out of your chair.
Speaker 8: He watched. I was sitting next to Marty Brennan and I said, watch this guy. I said, when he comes in. You got to see him as he walked straight, doesn't hence over Just incredible, absolutely incredible. Yeah, Buddy, buddies, he probably could ride a bike too. Buddy's very impressive. You watch you watch him. He's got like twenty pounds of gold hangings. Yeah, he's got that gold hanging.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 17: We nobody I've got ance, Jim, since you brought out the Italian and the wine. Uh our mom and dad Italian also, and that we we grew up, they had a glass of wine every night. Yep, the Paisano and uh their entire life, our entire life. And uh so Ron and I had to we had a surgical thing done and we were like in the second grade.
Speaker 3: Since one of us had to do it, the other one did too.
Speaker 17: And and uh so in the hospital they asked us what we wanted to drink, and we said all wine.
Speaker 3: And uh so.
Speaker 17: When mom and that came in, they said, hey, your kids want wine and you know, eight years old and they go, oh, we drink wine every night, but we give them grape juice. And so you thought we thought we were drinking wine, you know, as we were growing up.
Speaker 1: And that was the first time that you met the people from child Services.
Speaker 8: Well, you gotta get you guys to for Telly. You've never been to the Fertelli. Yeah they are Italian. Okay, you've been for Tellian. You've never been there. We're gonna get you guys.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's a special invite thing just for pithons and the occasional uh non pithon like me. Uh they they let me in somehow.
Speaker 3: Is this down on River Road?
Speaker 8: No, it's on the Western Hills Country Club.
Speaker 4: Usually the weekend before Christmas. Usually.
Speaker 1: Uh so, fellas, just your last thoughts here in a couple of minutes, and you can stay as long as you want you guys, I don't care. I just I know you didn't bring any cocktails and I don't want to deprive you of your your usual repertee. Uh but uh, Frishes in the news today the freshest Commissary is closing. Your thoughts on losing Frishes.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 17: We have a fort Wright Frishes, and I believe that's still open.
Speaker 4: I want that one is under a different ownership.
Speaker 3: I am told, what are they going to do when the commissary closes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, somebody's got to make the food.
Speaker 3: Somebody. The pumpkin pie guy is the Tartar sauce.
Speaker 8: The Tartar sauce is a license to a company in your park. I understand that's going to continue. Ah, so you'll be able to that's the sauce earlier. Yeah, you can still, You'll still get that one.
Speaker 17: The Bridgetown Fishes closed but I went there when I heard it was closed, I went there and got a big boy platter.
Speaker 3: H you know that's you can't beat that.
Speaker 1: That's what that's My wife, Chris the two point zero said she wants to get a big boy before they're all gone. I think the one in Bellevue, Kentucky is still open.
Speaker 17: So when maybe I saved the container, the French fry container and the big boy platter or the big boy you know, the cardboard box, the box, it's a good they're nice looking and they're going to go on the wall down at the river trailer.
Speaker 3: How many save my receipt?
Speaker 1: How many years before you put post him online as quality?
Speaker 4: It could be a collectible. It could be a.
Speaker 17: Collectible behind a chain ling fence down there at the commissary, I believe.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, didn't Willy want to buy one?
Speaker 1: Willy had his turn at the restaurant business. Ask him how it went. Listen, fellas, we're up for this half hour. We've got to break. We got a bigals update and more as we continue on the Bill Cunningham Show, The belated birthday show for Gary Jeff and the music professor jimber Barbara Happy birthday to you brother, you.
Speaker 4: An improved free iHeartRadio Apple.
Speaker 1: This Bill Cunningham Show on December twenty third, twenty twenty four. I'm Gary Jeff Walker in for Will and it is a Bill Cunningham show, of course, first and always, but then again it's also.
Speaker 4: Our birthday show.
Speaker 1: Belated birthday anyone born on the winter solstice December twenty second or twenty third. We are talking to you today specifically.
Speaker 2: And I got all the losing my head many years and myself individually because I officially yesterday became the title.
Speaker 4: Of a Beatles song.
Speaker 2: Birthday.
Speaker 1: Had no idea that I was going to live this long number one, would you? Thanks to our friend Ken Carly, who has come into the studio with a card that says, cranky cat hurt it's your birthday.
Speaker 4: Cranky cat, don't give a damn, but we do. Thank you very much. Ken, appreciate that. Rick Robinson here for the balance of the hour. But what's that I'll say for you?
Speaker 1: Go out there here, I have something for you here here if your pardon from from the president from President President Biden, he has agreed to commute your sentence. I didn't times spent with Willie, I didn't do anything that egregious to get pardoned by Biden. Well, he did want to commute your sentence to the time you've already spent with Willie, and you don't.
Speaker 8: You don't have to.
Speaker 4: You don't have to spend any more time in purgatory.
Speaker 9: And J. C.
Speaker 1: Hartsjay, mister Birthday Tube was also with us today. You may have heard him last hour, uh, regaling the music professor Jim Lebarbara and I with a version of Happy Birthday and his tuba and a little bit of when I'm sixty four? Can I hire him to just follow me around? Wouldn't it be great? I mean, you know, you know you you know, you walk up to somebody, you know, you you tell a bad joke or you pass. When did you need somebody to come back? I was gonna say, if you know, if you got to I thought he was get to get the tubau for him, and he's getting me a card. Yeah so that so, So here's the thing. If you have a mister Birthday too, but following you around and you mentioned it, you pass gash, you can just blow blame it on him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know it's my friend. The two but that wasn't me.
Speaker 1: So along with you, there are other people actually celebrating birthdays today.
Speaker 4: I have a name of a Cooper Collins. Does that ring a bell?
Speaker 1: No? But but how about t j Oshi with the with the Washington Capitals, one of my favorite hockey players. Okay, uh Ken's Ken Carly is a big hockeyed Eddie Vedder birthday him. Hell Now, now the guy from Pearl Jam who you can't understand the word he sings. Okay, this is one. This is one that's going to test your musical abilities. Tim Harden. Tim Harden sounds very familiar. The folky who wrote if I were a carpenter.
Speaker 4: Oh how about that?
Speaker 1: Uh? I wish Dave Hatter were actually here right now because he and I both being from Ludlow. It's also the birthday of a famous Bloodlodion, not lobronud Lidion, Not not Bob Bron, no Adrian Blue. Oh. And that's today, right, that is today, that celebrated birthday day, Norman McLean's birthday today. I River runs through it, one of the great short stories of all time. And from Louisville the Golden Boy Paul Horny. So all celebrating birthdays today? Do you say Louisville Louisville or Lovelle, Louisville, Losville, Louisville, Louisville, Lousville, I love.
Speaker 4: I love people who aren't from this part of the country.
Speaker 1: Only louis Vale, Louisville, Lewisville, Louisville.
Speaker 4: No, it's Lobville Louisville. That's that's the you know, the joke to play on.
Speaker 1: Everybody's pronounced the capital of Kentucky Louisville or Louisville, Frankfurt. There you go anyway. So the thing about Louivillians is that there are some parts of people who've lived in that city all their life, and it's almost one syllable when they said, oh yeah, Loo Yeah, that's what I when when there are people that come to town from from out of town, that's exactly what I tell them. Pronounce it as if you were saying one syllable.
Speaker 4: No, no doubt about it.
Speaker 1: We mentioned hockey and the player's birthday from the Washington Capitals Ken Carly, how are you, my friend?
Speaker 18: I am marvelous.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 18: It's also my nephew's sixtieth birthday today. Oh really, young Piker. Yeah, he I was ten.
Speaker 4: I was when he was born, So all right, been around a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt about it. Will happy days to him as well. H you do work with the Cincinnati Cyclones.
Speaker 18: I actually work for the league. We get paid by the Cyclones, but we worked for the league. We're what they call off ice officials. So we we do the stats, we do the penalty box, we do the gold judges, run the clock, things like that.
Speaker 4: This is a big money position with the EHL.
Speaker 18: Right, it used to be a volunteer position until somebody got struck in the eye up and I think it was Fort Wayne or something, and then they decided when that guy sued the league, they decided they better make us all employees so they'd have workmen's comp then. So, but yeah, we're technically employees of the league.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, I wouldn't claim to be employees of the Cyclone side. Well, so how far do you go back on that? Do you go back to the Stingers days or are you do you just just cyclones?
Speaker 18: Just the Cyclones actually got involved with them when they moved from the gardens downtown. I grew up and didn't grow up on the east side of town, but we moved to the east side of town and that was when it was closer to go to the game. Just down what was you know, Riverfront Coliseum, the Crown, what else has it been? First Star Center?
Speaker 4: Yeah, all of that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, people people sometimes forget some of the great players that played on those old Cyclones teams.
Speaker 4: Bring it up.
Speaker 18: I mean he was he actually won a Stanley Cup first year in his in the league when he was a rookie.
Speaker 4: With and our gardener was there, Uh a lot of guys.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they were.
Speaker 18: When they had the i h L, they were more of a league where the the players that were in the NHL came down and played for the Cyclones for.
Speaker 4: A while just to rehab or to their career.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was when it was the International and now it's more up and coming players. Yeah, it's that are aspiring to be in the big time. What the what it is is the Double A Hockey League. Okay, so there's a there's one step above up to the majors. Completely off topic, my friend shar confirmed what we'd already found out. It looks like fishes, don't it doesn't own the tartar sauce recipe. It sounds like food Specialties will continue to make it. It will be a merry Christmas for two point h she says. And I love you guys, so thank you for that. Shar So people were really concerned about. It's amazed how concerned people are with fishes and losing frishes. I understand it's been a part of their lives, but restaurants and chains do come and go, and I guess there's always hope maybe somebody could buy the name and bring Fishes back as an entity at some point or another. I mean, chee Cheese is on the on the cheeses coming back, and and you know the other The other night, we just TGI Fridays maybe no more very soon? Will You're sitting around Saturday night with some friends from DC and they were talking about how they were needing some nice sculpture for the back of the woods there, and I said, you know, well, let's all get drunked up and go steal a big boy, which which he's got the picture. He's got pictures inside the fence of the Commissary with all of the Fish's big boys there. And I'm surprised that. I mean, we do not want to inspire anyone to commit a criminal act. But I mean it could happen. I mean they're just out there in the open, aren't they. Yeah, well they do have a fence around them, but it looks like a scalable fence. I wouldn't put up any barboire until after three days from now, because I'm going out there again.
Speaker 18: If you're a TV buff, there was an episode of Murphy Brown a long time ago where they actually went and stole a.
Speaker 4: Big boy type.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll see big boys all over the country. They were I don't know what they were. They were Bob's big boy in California.
Speaker 4: Was in the South.
Speaker 1: In Tennessee when I was growing up there, and they are no more either, the Shawnees and a lot of those.
Speaker 18: They're still show neees, but they're not the big boy type. I think they're independent how well.
Speaker 1: And I know that they took the Shonees down in my hometown a long long time ago. But yeah, they tore down the show neees and they put up a parking lot. Don't it always seem to go You don't know what you got till it's go on. Rick, So you were commenting on the news the report on Matt Gas the ethics report. Now, the report says that he was guilty of all these things paying people for sex, statutory rape under Florida law because allegedly he had sex was a woman who was seventeen and Matt Gates clearly is not seventeen, and then all these other allegations, but nothing that has been proven. No, it's an ethics report. I mean it's from the Ethics Committee. It's not a court of law. It's not something of that hr. I will tell you that the mild Boss, Jim Bunning, served on the Ethics Committee, and served on the Ethics Committee during some pretty serious hearings, including the one that resulted from the House bank scandal where people were bouncing checks on the internal bank of the House of Representatives. I will tell you the people on the Ethics Committee, I don't see them as a part of some one side or the other. I know the type of people that work there. They're people that are charged with getting to the bottom of it. Now, whether that I don't suspect that Matcath's if he would have stayed, would have survived a motion for some sort of a sanction. Here's the thing, why did we not hear about any of this until he was nominated by President Trump. I mean in mainstream news blasting out all these allegations. Oh, I think we have Garret Jeff. I think it was a couple of years ago that it came out, and that's when I referred to the Ethics Committee and the Ethics Committee, right, Okay, So the other question begs is why would Donald Trump recommend someone for this job with all this hanging over his head? Because whatever is there, whether it's true or not, is obviously going to come out when you're trying to vet a nominee for a cabinet position. Well, apparently the president, the President elect lost his blothering mind when he found out that the ethics report was to be released the next day. Well, here, here's a parallel. But Jenny Gates was just trying to cover himself before. Here's a parallel point of two nominations by by President Trump. Because he may be technically the president elect, but believe me, he's president by all measures right now worldwide and in the country. Trust me, it's it's not gonna it's the only The only thing that's keeping Donald Trump from full presidential power is the ability to use the executive pen, which he will and hopefully he does. It's a great, great detriment of the bureaucracy in Washington, d C. When he takes office. But here's a parallel. All the allegations gets peaked. Pete hegseth. You know what, apparently there's there really is nothing there Matt Gates. Obviously there very well could be something there. Well, part of it is. And we've talked about this before, Gary, Jeff, you and I just bannered around stuff. It's when you start tossing out names without doing any vetting. Yeah, it's going to happen.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: I mean it's not like it hasn't happened to presidents before. I mean, look at John Tower when John Tower was nominated to be to be the Secretary of Defense and turns out he just really really enjoyed drinking and lumonizing, and that would be the time for the tuba by the way. So you know, I mean there's a you know, if you do this stuff without doing a full vetting first, you're going to end up with some Matt Gates on the Gates is on the floor. Yeah yeah, Well, I mean and I'm sure Matt Gates is not the only one in Washington who has alleged skeleton like that in their closet.
Speaker 4: That's a town of freaks. And I tell you what.
Speaker 1: And the longer they are there as elected officials, the freakier they get. I can't wait for Jeffrey Epstein's files to come out and we find out about who all went to the island and who flew on the Lolita Express. I took a boat over. I wasn't on the plane. Rick Robinson, the way that we came to actually connect was he published this book nineteen sixty eight, and we scheduled for an interview for that, and I just founded a fascinating book, and we found out that we had pretty good chemistry talking together on the radio. So I'm glad that you could show up today, on our special day after day, and on this day in nineteen sixty eight.
Speaker 4: What was America doing this day? December? This day, second, this.
Speaker 1: Day, eighteen sixty eight, Tell me this day in nineteen sixty eight. The year of nineteen sixty eight was saved by Apollo eight astronauts as they circled the moon, sent back pictures and forever made Madeline Murial Hare pissed off because they read from the Book of Genesis on Christmas Eve as they circled the earth with a full Earth in the background. I think Madeline Murio Hare got her due anymore?
Speaker 4: Oh she did. She ended up suing over it.
Speaker 1: Well, no, I mean because he took a Bible on board, ultimately got her due and she found out that she was wrong all those years. We'll break for news and come back with more on the belated Birthday show on The Bill Cunningham Show on seven hundred w LW.
Speaker 11: Is there a special time you like to listen to Sconsloan? I love to listen to Slowey in the morning, at home, in the car, going to work, when I'm at work, his podcast after work, and when I'm at the dentist.
Speaker 4: Wow, do you go to the dentist a lot? Yeah, I got some lousy teeth. I've got a bad back, so I listened to Sloaney when I get a massage. I'm gonna do that next time I get one.
Speaker 10: I hate that.
Speaker 4: Creepy massage music. Sloony is like ten times better than massage music.
Speaker 11: Scott's Loan Untilmorrow morning at nine on seven hundred WLW and check out his podcast on the free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Men, it's the holidays, the season of all kinds of hustle and bustle. But if your energy is down, if you aren't sleeping well, if your sex drive.
Speaker 15: Is am I, Grandma, Grandpa, for the kids, for a friend, for a coworker, and for your boss, your hope, he gives you that big holiday bonus for everybody. Because Sketch your slippings don't cost a ton of money, They last a long time and people will appreciate them forever.
Speaker 4: Every time they slip your gift on, they will smile. And why are they smiling Because with.
Speaker 15: Sketch your slippings they'll never have to touch your shoes again. Just step in to them and they're on, with no bending down, no retiring the laces, and you are good to go.
Speaker 4: And they're so easy to give.
Speaker 15: No more wandering the store, no more scrolling online wondering what to get people. Give the newest thing, the most convenient change in footwear that's ever been hands free sketch of slippings. Fight sketches slippings for the Holidays at a Sketches store, sketches dot Com, or wherever stylish footwear is Soul.
Speaker 1: It's a happy holiday sale call today, swim this Spring ACR Gunny Pools dot com.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, just about Christmas Baby he belated birthday show today. Here's Charles Brown. This is Baby.
Speaker 19: Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's just nothing better than this seven l W Garrett, Jeff Walker with some more special guests. In fact, I've known this next guy on the phone for years and I forgot his birthday on December twelfth, so I had to include him in the show to day if he had time for me, and he's gracious enough to do that. West Side Jim Kiefer, A happy belated birthday to you now eleven days on.
Speaker 4: And it's great to have you.
Speaker 20: Saying back to you, Gary Jeff, and it's always good to listen to you. I got a little bit of a list here, if you don't mind, I can.
Speaker 9: Go through it real quick, Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 20: Mister Tuba called me at home and played it over the over the telephone, which in the morning that kind of wakes you up. The Pasqually's I remember growing up in Fairmount and the original Pasqualis on Fairmount Avenue, who the Grimali's and the Robertos are next to your other job position over in the airport, right, And I used to love the garlic Bred. It's never changed. And that's a nice establishment.
Speaker 4: And this is the thing.
Speaker 1: The Pasqually brothers have nothing to do with the restaurant. They're not part of the families that did the Pasqually from Pasqually's Pizza was a was a first name, Theresqually's last name. But they are Italian, no doubt, and right, I mean they all smell like olive oil exactly and last Italian, as we say in Ludlow Italian.
Speaker 4: Yeah, go ahead, dude.
Speaker 20: Like Lewisville the United for Telly United? Do you hit your card on you?
Speaker 1: By the way, I do as a matter of fact. I owe you a drink, You owe me a drink. I've got my FU card right here in my wallet.
Speaker 4: That's what it is.
Speaker 8: It says.
Speaker 20: I was one of the outsiders along with Dan Saint Charles, and we were in charge of handing out name tags when the when they came in and all the the limos and this the secret guys that were with them for this bodyguards. But what was funny about the whole thing is when you hand out these name tags it looked like I was in a Good Fellows movie. I mean, I mean tim Lebarbara, I mean, I can go on along with the list of p and besides Danny Jansen, I think we were the only ones in there that warn't a Taiano, you're.
Speaker 1: You're you're waiting for like Joe Pesci or or what's his name, Rayleiota to come in at any moment and start shooting the.
Speaker 9: Place that was.
Speaker 20: I think there was a lot of guys that looked like Joe Pesci who came in there.
Speaker 4: To be quite honest with you, well, we can't hide our jeans.
Speaker 20: We can lot take time about one hundred and twenty five to one hundred and fifty, I would, he had to guess.
Speaker 9: And it was a super time.
Speaker 20: Tony Rosiello and Joe Cita a couple more tally on those They put on a heck of a show. You've been to it many times and we did miss you.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry I couldn't be there last Friday, but listen, happy belated birthday, Jimmy.
Speaker 4: Thanks for calling.
Speaker 1: It's always good to talk to you, and we will we will speak again, all right.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Next up on the list is a guy I talked to quite often on my night show whenever that airs the Nightcap and we we do sport for the out of Sorts along with his good buddy Andy Furman. But today we've got the wild Man, wild Man Walker. Good afternoon, and welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: Well, good afternoon.
Speaker 19: That happy belated birthday, Gary, Jeff and belated birthday. Be still there, Jim Barbara.
Speaker 1: Oh, absolutely, And the prof was here a little bit earlier. He had to go and do some radio because well, what he's eighty three and he told radio.
Speaker 4: What Yeah, but what what is the secret for him?
Speaker 19: I mean, that guy is so spry, he's got you know, he's still got it upstairs. What's the secret that he's been able to be like eighty three and he's like thirty eight.
Speaker 1: I give all the credit to his bride, Sally's that's where, Yeah, I'm just going to give the woman the credit because they they'll take the credit regardless. My wife is here and she's the only reason that I'm still here. So I'm going to give the credit where credit is due to our respective wife. Sally and Chris to two point all right, and I'm surprised you're still here because you don't have a great woman like that.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 1: No, I don't have one right now, and I'm sorry. I don't need one, and I don't need one right now. Well, somebody sent me this wild man. Uh the perks of being over sixty and heading towards seventy and beyond. I'm going to read a couple of these if you don't mind. All right, kidnappers are not very interested in you. Correct in a hostage situation, you're likely to be released first.
Speaker 4: No, this is probably true. No one expects you to run anywhere, and I know that's true for you.
Speaker 3: Oh that's one.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: People call it nine pm or nine am and ask did I wake you? Because it's always a possibility.
Speaker 19: Well nine am, don't call nine pm.
Speaker 8: I'm up.
Speaker 1: People no longer view you as a hypochondriac. They know you're telling the truth. There is nothing left to learn the hard way. You've already done all that heavy lifting. Oh, been there, done that?
Speaker 9: So have you?
Speaker 1: Yepin things that you buy now will never wear out Here to that point, this is the last one of these I'm ever gonna have to buy. You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true. You get into heated arguments about pension plans.
Speaker 1: And here's one you can live without sex, but not your glasses. Well I don't wear glasses. Well obviously the other is not a problem. So you know, you're always out there swinging. So talk to me real quick about Bengals Browns yesterday and where we go from here, wild Man.
Speaker 19: Well, it was a nice win by the Bengals. They had to win that game. The defense, you know, made.
Speaker 1: A big play there in the first quarter. That brother was almost like a fourteen point swing. Bob Bell punching out the ball, Benal's recovering and going down the field, and after the guy ruined sixty six yards from scrimmage on the first play of the game.
Speaker 4: You had to do something at that point. Well, they had to and that was that was huge.
Speaker 18: That was really huge.
Speaker 19: It's a fourteen point swing right there, and then he went down and scored.
Speaker 4: Joe Barrow had another good day.
Speaker 19: Uh, Jamar Jamar Chase is going to probably win that triple crowd of receiving the defense. Like I said, they had what three I think three picks yesterday or is it two pick two picks or maybe I mean it was two or three, doesn't matter. But they beat the Browns. They won two games in the division, but they have yet to beat a team with the winning record. And here comes on Saturday, the Denver Broncos. It's the last game of.
Speaker 21: The year period.
Speaker 19: If the Bengals make the playoffs, they're not playing any home games.
Speaker 8: It'll be on the road.
Speaker 9: This is the last game.
Speaker 19: The plays is going to be going crazy, and the Bengals with a chance still as slim as it is because the needle didn't move much yesterday because the Colts won and so the the Dolphins. And you know what the scenario is, the Bengals beat the Browns. I mean, the Bengals beat the Broncos. And if that's going to beat the Steelers, well we'll worry about that later.
Speaker 4: But let's say they win.
Speaker 1: They're next to They've got the hope that the Colts of the Dolphins lose a game and the Broncos lose out, which they could because they're gonna play the Chiefs. But the Colts, Gary, Jeff, the Colts are going to play. Listen to this now that this is sad. They're going to play the Jags and that and the uh let's see, what are the giants down here? The Giant Yeah yeah, good luck and the Giants.
Speaker 4: Good luck, Bengles, good luck to two.
Speaker 1: Lousy teams, and then the and then the Dolphins are going to put the Browns yet, I mean.
Speaker 4: Well, Aaron Rodgers has made a resurgence.
Speaker 3: You never know, you never know.
Speaker 19: I just don't, like I said, the needles didn't move yesterday much at all. It's still slim and none, and I think Slim has left town. But it would be great for the Bengals to finish the season at home, beat and a team with the winning record, and Denver can be beat. I'm sure Zach Taylor watched that game last week when the Chargers I played the Broncos.
Speaker 4: We'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 7: We'll see.
Speaker 1: On that, wild man, I have a guest in here who says you made his son's day at certain point in the past. Rick, what's the story. Oh, it was a good I am sure, wild man. You will not remember this, but it was in the old days down at Riverfront Stadium, when when when Queen Marge used to sit down in her chair, I go down there with my son to watch a game. He has a baseball. He wants to make sure it's autographed by somebody. He tries to go down and get marched to sign it, and the security runs him away. He comes up to the top of the stairs and tears in his eyes. There you are, with all the crew that you used to have the rail the rail gund Yeah, hag you behind And I looked over and I said, son, you don't want her autograph anyway. You know who this guy is. This guy's the wild Man. You took the baseball, you signed it. I think other guy's on the rail crew signed it. He thought it was the greatest thing in the world. Uh still still to this day.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 4: He even now has his own kids.
Speaker 1: He talked about going to that ball game and uh, wild Man Walker signing the baseball for him.
Speaker 20: Oh.
Speaker 1: I was always willing to sign anything for kids, and especially March's turned him down or got chased off by one of that Gestapo security.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's chased off by the Gestapo.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Does he still have the baseball?
Speaker 1: That's a good question. That's a good question. I'm gonna have to dig through his next time I go over. He should still have it. You know in his possession, you would think wild man, any anything that you would like to say about Christmas or my birthday or anything else on your mind, anything else on your mind.
Speaker 19: Well, I mean, I thought you were going to ask me maybe about the college football playoff games, and you know all of them really were routes. I'm sure up in Columbus the monkey is off the back of right now Ryan Dave where everybody was, you know, saying that he was going to be be fired, that he didn't win this game.
Speaker 4: Ryan Day is going nowhere.
Speaker 19: Well, Ryan Day is going to stay at Ohio State. I do have a major case of the goo about how the game ended the other night with the Xavier, with Xavier and Marquette, when that was a deliberate tripping foul and the referee was following the play and he didn't have the guts to call a foul which would have been a two shot foul to force the game in the overtime.
Speaker 4: It was blatant.
Speaker 1: It was a blatant tripping penalty, and of course Sean Miller doesn't come out and bitch about it, none of the players come out and bitch about it. I'm sick and tired of the officials screwing Cincinnati teams.
Speaker 19: I mean, we constantly get it it. We get it screwed by the and then in the NFL we get screwed in college basketball. If you watch that game, that guy stuck his foot out and deliberately tripped up that kid.
Speaker 1: Well, Mike Tomlin's still coaching the Pittsburgh Steelers. He's a respected coach. And he tripped a player from the other team on this when he was running down the sideline.
Speaker 9: You know, yes he did, Yes he did.
Speaker 1: I mean Woody Hayes gets in trouble for one punch, and you know, Mike Tomlin is allowed. Mike Tomlin's allowed to trip players on the other team when they're racing towards a touchdown.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't care. Once once a cheater, all was a cheater.
Speaker 1: They are the they are the Pittsburgh cheaters, and they will get their come up and they will not win a Super Bowl this year.
Speaker 4: I am standing on that ground firmly right now, Mike.
Speaker 1: Kansas City Chiefs just continue to win regardless of the situation. And they got a twelfth man on the field wearing stripes, for God's sake, they got their first holding penalty and the whole season.
Speaker 21: Three three pete three peas City Chief's gonna gonna lay down when they play their last game, or they're gonna go out and you know, give a full effort.
Speaker 1: And let's say the Bengals chances need a live or the Chiefs to beat the Broncos. Well, you know, the Chiefs is gonna play hard, They're gonna lay down. The Chiefs are my team.