Speaker 1: J tfam Georgetown WTF available everywhere with the iHeartRadio app now number one for podcasting.
Speaker 2: Do you want unlimited access to handicapping without exorbitant prices, than brisnet dot com has you covered with a variety of plants, PF pass performances, pedigree and raw data. The brisnet dot com Performance Plan covers unlimited PDF pass performances eighty five dollars a month. It's available at brisnet dot com slash plans. American Produce Records Online puts the pedigrees of nearly a million dams two million folds at your fingertips both sire sets for only two hundred and seventy five dollars a year, and it's available at brisnet dot com slash apr. The brisnet dot com Data Plan offers unlimited access to race DA data files, perfect for handicappers. With their own database, you are to plug into other people's programs. The data plans one hundred and twenty five dollars a month. Visit persnet dot com for all this information and mourn discover why it's the Handicapper's edge and Kentucky Handicappers sheets available now. Go to brisnet dot com or pick one up at the Redmile, and scratch sheets also available at the Redmile.
Speaker 3: Well Happy Savior won his first five stars, won Grade one Steaks and earned a million, two hundred and fifty eight thousand, one hundred dollars. Highly consistent, he was in the money and eleven straight starts, eight of them steaks, seven graded, among them the Grade one Whitney at Saratoga, the Grade one Metropolitan at Belmont, the Grade one Clark Handicamp at Church of Down's, the Grade one Jockey Club Gold Cup at Saratoga, the stakes that he won the year before, the Grade two Suburban of Belmont, and one hundred thows dollar Federico Tessio Stakes at law You won that one too. He won the Great one Jockey Cup Gold Cup as a three old, beaten older horses. He was dead game. He was a competitor at the highest level, and he has a terrific pedigree. He's got a sire pedigree. He's by Kentucky Derby winners Super Saver. So our five champions, including the Brilliant Distaff of Latrushka and Champions Sprinter Run Happy. This is the family which gave us one of the old time great Syrus and Sara sars a p Indy Happy Savior second damn by Deputy Minister is a daughter of Weekend Surprise, a brood Mayor of the Year by the Great Secretary. The breeding season's winding down now, and if you have a late foling Mayor or Philly just off the track, give him a call and they'll do their best to accommodate you with Happy Savior or one of the other stands that airbysaid just called. Shannon o' kyle eight five, nine eighty seven, three seventy two seventy and the website is erdristud dot com.
Speaker 4: From the horse capital of the world, it's Horsetails with Ursul Ellis. We'll talk about the horses, the people, and the history of the thoroughbred industry.
Speaker 5: Pulled away.
Speaker 4: Any secretary of that wins the flight to and alfletes now live from Kentucky's Bluegrass region.
Speaker 3: Here's Ursul, Well, good morning, and we are here at the Thoroughbred Center in our little building, which is a little nicer than it was this time last week. Funny came in here last week by myself, no power. Reggie was here, thank god. We had no electricity. No power. We couldn't do you know, it was a mess. Oh jews, no juice.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 3: So we had to we we had to do it off off of phone. If Jackie said the sound of you were at home listening. Jackie couldn't make it last.
Speaker 2: Week, I know a Dora couldn't make it. She was under the weather. And so I couldn't make it on the rottenness day of the year. That's not bad for me. How to pick them?
Speaker 3: Michael, bless his heart, he showed up. Yeah, and he stayed on with me. He carried me through. Yeah, he showed a half anyway. Finally he pooped out and he left with about a half an hour ago. But neither one of them are here today. I don't know. Michael said he'd be here about seven thirty, about half hour.
Speaker 2: Half hour, eight thirty, eight thirty, yes, eight thirty, it's eight o'clock. Oh, he can't get here at seven.
Speaker 3: Thirty, eight thirty, Okay, I can't tell you.
Speaker 2: Listen, Ursa, I want to announce to the world. Ursul gets new hearing aids a week from Monday, and as we are now, he's going along with one hearing aid because if it broke and it's five or six years old. I think that's great. I can't wait. Yeah, exactly exactly. The funny part is he sits and watches TV and I'm off about forty five degrees to his right, so he's wearing earphones to hear the TV better. And I'm over there off his right arm, waving my arms, our sore, waving my arms. He can't hear me or see me, so I'm not. I have to figure out what I can. You know, maybe I could get M and m's and sit there and throw it bonk gears. Yeah, no, okay, well you know us, but it's been Oh I can't wait to get those, because that's that's such a when you can't hear very well, well that your earphone's here, great, your airphones, headphones you got on right now? They work?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah they do. Yeah, but that's just but you know, I'm different right here. I just got one here at aid.
Speaker 2: I know he broke the other one, well it broke, but five years old for crying out, Well, how was time for it to break?
Speaker 3: They're getting me a new set. When do I get them?
Speaker 5: On?
Speaker 3: The second?
Speaker 2: A week from Monday? Whatever day that is I have no idea.
Speaker 3: Wait for Monday. Monday is going to be the the first.
Speaker 2: Oh, well, that's it. We get them, Oh can't wait. Yeah, that's that's fantastic. Gets them from the v A because he fought the bloody battle of oh somewhere career bar in Tokyo, a Red Cross or something like that for that spend the whole time on a boat clickety clicking. People.
Speaker 3: Now, Michael's coming in at the bottom of this hour, right, he's just running half an hour late.
Speaker 2: Right, yes, right.
Speaker 3: I thought maybe that John Nicholson would be back from.
Speaker 2: The preness by now, or maybe he's having a better time than we thought.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to learn a little bit more about I saw him on TV. Given that that trophy away for the purse that last Saturday, it was last Saurday. Yeah, that guaranteed guaranteed season to the winner for Old Friends. Who was the Old Friends first? Yeah, and a Philly one that I think she was a Maryland bred and I just wonder if she had any kind of pedigree, you know, I think, I go back and look at him and when I get.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's great, she's now she won herself a guaranteed retirement at old friends. That's that's super duper well.
Speaker 3: Changes are she's got any pedigree, although if she does, she's an old red mayor. I think she's a Maryland bread. They may decide to send her on.
Speaker 2: Oh I don't think so. Not when you win, nobody sends somebody unless she broke down.
Speaker 3: Well they wasn't there, Yes, of.
Speaker 2: Course I would. I'd go Bay, we go to river down, skip this Pimlico stuff.
Speaker 3: Well, they got a stake a lot of bunch of states races before we get started.
Speaker 2: Can I make an announcement? Driving down here? We have been the past couple of years plagued by buttercup, the real pretty yellow plant that grows about what foot and a half two feet in the paddocks. We fought it last year and the year before. You have to get it early, whack it, and then you have to spram. You've got to herb beside them. Because I just looked this up to make sure what I was talking about, and the answer is yes. Buttercups are poisonous to horses. When ingested, buttercups can cause diarrhea, colic, as well as irritation of the mount and skin. A toxic oil called pro tanemon then released when the leaves and stems are chewed and responsible for these symptoms. So we had a little patch of it and that's what we did, and most of it's gone. And then I got psidas and didn't sho done it twice. You have to pay attention to this stuff or you and I saw I'm sorry, I saw a farm on the way in. It's got two fields and it is nothing but yellow buttercups. Poison, poison, poison. Pay attention for crying out loud. You want to pay for college surgery, or you want to go out there and mow that junk. It's a shame too. It's pretty, but that's it. It is buttercups. It's poisonous. And there you. Oh and let me tell you what. Can I go ahead and say something about Larry to Merrit, please, An old friend died and Larry to Merrit what a really super guy. He was had a hard time with cancer and he made it to the twenty twenty four Derby or Exaggerator uh huh yeah. And he was such one of the nicest guys ever, I mean, just super nice, constantly, not one of these people that are nice one day and not the next. Now he was the real thing. Anyway. He passed away Tuesday night. He was seventy five and he was from the Bahamas. I remember that he was the first black trainer to saddle a horse in the Derby thirty five years because I know we were all cheering him on, you know, because he was a buddy. I did not I don't think I realized his father was a trainer in the Bahama and he used to sort of go with him and all that stuff. And he said he watched the Derby every year on television. That's what inspired him to come to the US to train. So he got here in seventy six, so we were already here on the training center seventy six eighty six. Oh yeah, and he made dream came true when he settled West Saratoga. By exaggerator last year's Derby. Just it's sad, you know what a nice guy. Arn't enough nice guys left.
Speaker 3: So everybody liked him.
Speaker 2: Everybody liked him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they will forget we were at at the horse park. I guess there was something going on out there because we were driving across the field to up to where it was going to be.
Speaker 2: That would have been a steeple chase.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Anyway, and in our truck and Larry was walking with a lady, you remember, and she had on heels and she was struggling in the grid and we stopped and picked him up and took him up there. You know, they was she was so glad to get in that truck. But you know, he just never quite and he just would no matter how bad he felt. Yeah, he would get up and come out here. Yeah, you know, and watch his horses gallop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and super duper guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean these people rode in Thirdbid Daily News that there was a long list of people woke in, rode in about it, you know, about about him, about how much they were appreciated him, and that his attitude was always positive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, had that horse in the derby that.
Speaker 3: Was and he always wanted to run a horse in the derby and got to do that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Last year, my goodness, he just passed away.
Speaker 3: Trained out here, Yeah at the Survid Center.
Speaker 2: Well he's up there training and up there what training they do, he's doing it.
Speaker 3: Well. If anybody and there's world going up there to be there.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right. So that's just super so anyway, sorry about that. Oh, this is a fun thing now. They had a twelve hour sale two year olds in training at Phasing Tipped in mid Atlantic, and they said it was a mess because it rained so much rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, you know, two year old training. They're out there watching them on the track and see how they can time them and they never really get the time stuff much. It was hard. But the sail topper was a one point one million dollars Gervan Philly. Yeah and stands over at the stud Yeah, and that's really a big deal. They said they're prices and all that jump what up? So at one point one million didn't hurt him? No, yeah, that's that's really well.
Speaker 3: And they brought up here from Florida. He started out down in Florida and he was getting runners yeah over and then they sent him up and I think his first Kentucky bred horses or two year old there were four you know from bread up here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wonder, I guess that's what was this year. Yeah, yeah, well that was a two year old training sales. So that's wonderful. Congratulations to our friends at air Dre because that's a heck of a nice swim.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, so that was a wonderful article, as they wrote on Air Drink in the last Keenan magazine.
Speaker 2: Oh I saw that, but I didn't really get you.
Speaker 3: It was really really good. You know, Brett's doing a great job. Okay, you know chip off the old block, Yes, exactly to this day. I miss Burry, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: And wonderful guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, and he's just like him, you know, one wonderful guy.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's that is that's great. We were in Parish. They stopped by Lil's for lunch, wonderful lunch, you know. On Friday they have ah, what's the name of that sandwich?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I didn't get it.
Speaker 2: It's oh, it's a German sandwich. And then they got the woman's one and they alwa, it's delicious. I have one. Anyway, we were walking down the street to go to Lil's and somebody in there one of that. They got all, well, here comes the weekend, right, it's decoration day. Oops, they call it memorial day now. But we were walking down the street and one of them I've got really fun pictures and everybody's windows and the stores. And there's a great picture there of prairie and I think it's about the time he was either running for governor or go. Yeah, I can't remember.
Speaker 3: I forget that. I didn't know the person was standing with him in that picture.
Speaker 2: No, but anyway, it was.
Speaker 3: It was an interesting restI just went out and fed the cat.
Speaker 2: Fed the cat.
Speaker 3: That's twice the cat's been fed this morning.
Speaker 2: You don't think they are.
Speaker 3: They're going to founder if you keep.
Speaker 2: There's a new one out there. It's half what's the kind of white? And they got the Siamese they're white, and they got black four four points black their feet in their face or something. But it's somewhere in the in the family tree. There's somebody that doesn't belong in there because it's kind of stripes on his tail.
Speaker 5: Oh, so you know he's out here.
Speaker 3: What well, let me see, let me catch up on my commercials before Michael gets here. Okay, okay, Well, last Saturday at Pimical, the Grade three, two hundred and fifty thousand dollars Dinner Party Stakes was won by Fort Washington by Warfront. Fort Washington won the Great three Canadian turf Steaks in his previous star. He has also one of the Grade three Mama Stakes and the Tale of the Cat Stakes at Mama and He's earned over seven hundred and twenty four thousand. That same day also at Pimical the Greene three hundred and fifty thousand dollars gallery at Steaks went to Charlene's Dream a Philly out of a door of Warfront. You know his warfront's daughters are rapidly becoming collectors items Warfront by any managers. One of the nation's leading sires. Just think of this. Twenty percent of his fold, now we're talking about folds, not starters, twenty percent of them earned Black Type. He's a nation's leading Sarbay Life team lifetime percentage of stakes winners and graded stakes winners stands at Claviron Farm as the two of his Grade one winning sons, War of Will in Annapolis. War Will won the Grade one Freakness, won the Grade one stakes on Dirt and Grass earned over a million to eight hundred and eighty one thousand. His first crop hit the tracks last year. Among his first crop runners, you'll find thirty winners, including a graded stakes winner and six others. As a ern black type Annapolis was a set of stakes record at Keenlanday. He won a Grade one Coomoor turch mile renting one thirty three and one that don't win an eraser two, also won graded station as a two year old earned a million five hundred and eighty one thousand, seven hundred and seventy dollars. And here's something else. He's one of the best looking horses you ever lead eyes on and he's passing it on to his fold. So go see him, you'll agree. And he has a full book of high quality mayors season after season. I don't know gif Bernie SAMs or Jacob West to call if there's anything available, but anyway, numbered the call as eighty five nine nine eighty seven two thirty three oh. On the website is Cleaven Farm dot for Calm. Of course Claven is over in Bourbon County and so it's the Clayward Agency and he did in Crete. They're one and the same. As a matter of fact. Clayward Agency was founded back in nineteen thirty one. That was your twenty grand one of Derby. Mister James clay Ward founded it and they've been priding insurance now for booh going on ninety five years and their success was based on hard work and great service and the thorough knowledge of the horse business, and those qualities are carried on today as we speak. So whatever your insurance needs, if it pertains, especially if it pertains to the thirdbred and the professions over to clear order and see, we can give you the best coverage at the best price available. What you need is called Shack Parish Bruce Isaacs or John Hans number over there at nine eight seven eighteen sixty one saw Shack yesterday. It lives by the way, a stop by the office and a living on two Main Street in Paris. Ask about the services available at Indian Creek and Cose Shaq is the man who getting touch to there, and they have raised and board and sold many of the world's finest thurbreds down through the years. And the best way to get in touch with them over at Indian Creek. They got great horsemen over there by the way, Shack being one of them. But every now there over there knows what the heck they're doing, and they do a great job of prepping horses for sales and everything. They're just it's a great place to board your horses. The best way to get in touch with them is go to the website. It's Indian creekky dot com and the number over an Indian Creek it's an eight five nine number. It's nine eighty seven seven four four to three.
Speaker 4: Now back to the Thoroughbred Training Center and ursul ellis.
Speaker 3: Well, they're running a bunch of stakes, not so many today, but Monday. Monday is Memorial Day, is it?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Used to be my birthday. Huh my birthday is the thirties.
Speaker 2: Yes, it used to be.
Speaker 3: Used to be every every Memorial Day was on the thirtieth. And I thought it was all about me.
Speaker 2: That reminds me?
Speaker 3: Now wrong?
Speaker 2: Could I be that reminds me? I get email, you know, I get email on my phone and say oh, and they'll say something like exclusive roofing or here's something else something. This one starts out constipated, Oh who's that from? Shoot? Anyway, what's going on today in racing?
Speaker 3: Well, let's see once tomorrow they're running the Santa Margarita stakes. Have been some nice ree of course, Philly is and marriage and run. We in ned We're going to do something on a couple of them. My name Louland B wanted, for instance, and I knew Louisland B. She was by Alabia. Belle came by boat here. Bill Caine was a champion three old Philly here because Alabama was the top sup. But that's California. Pettigree and Louisland B miss tied mister Griffoon, missus Joe Grisam Ted Grisson and own Duntree farther over here right not too far from here, and he had he owned Little line Bee. She was a great producer. We'll talk about her a little bit later on. But the day they were running the Sagon Margarita, which she won, and it's got a field of six Liberal Lady by more Spirit. Number two is Princess of Time but not this time. Number three is where's my ring a twirling candy? Number four is sprending the door by Audible. Number five Alpha Bellop by Justify over Ashford stud and Sliswick Beauty, my uncle Moe, who stood his entire career over the Ashford Study. On Monday they really started running the stakes. So they're running, they said, running the Grade one gamely at Santa Ana and the Shoemaker Mile Grade one and Santa Anita. They're running a Hollywood Gold Cup at Santa Needa. Of course Hollywood Park has gone now. I used to go to races that were so swap said the world record over Hollywood Park went away. We're racing there. And that same day a Philly named Ms Todd said it said a world record going five days.
Speaker 2: From mile huh wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Anyway, Monday and Lone Star, they're running the Steve Sexton Mile into Grade three Churchill Downs. It's the winning colors named after the Derby winner. Of course that name.
Speaker 2: I saw that Derby.
Speaker 3: You saw that Derby.
Speaker 2: Yes, Betsy and I were on the inside in the infield and they had those tenths that was tall skinny tents. Remember those They put them up every so often. Yeah, Betsy and I were one of those. Walked out to the rail and by golly, she came by us first. It was fun. You know, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: I think Glogles trained her. Yes, I believe that's right.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, d Wayne, he went Stewins his share, I know, gets up on a horse every morning. My goodness.
Speaker 3: I think he has to have some of the assistance.
Speaker 2: He's probably got a hangar thing of one of the space hooks. Yes, hook you up there and fix it.
Speaker 3: Remember when oh never man winning colors. Uh, it's on Monday. It's eighth race goes up at four twenty two. It's got a field of nine ripe work in the Champagne by in the Minschief is number two, of course, in the Mischief over a Spencer.
Speaker 2: It's today the Champagne. Huh just say Champagne.
Speaker 3: No, no, I'm sorry the name of the two horses into Champagne.
Speaker 2: Oh oh god Chief. Yeah. Oh well that's kind of a clever name.
Speaker 3: Okay, sorry, then Banderella, No, that's not right. Ben Dededella by City of Number four is Easy Read by Omaha Beach is off to a terrific start. It stood over at Spencer Farm, Harvest Springs by looking at Lucky Miss Arlington by Mark Vilensky Hops Road, by the Quality Road makes Palace by Palace Malice and too Sharp by the Twirling Candy. That's uh, that's Monday race over there. But uh then they running a bunch of other stakes races. I see whatever I got.
Speaker 2: That's a big weekend for racing. Correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Monday they're running the Shoemaker Mile. A couple of warfronts in it the seal team. My Warfront's got the number one spot on the outside. Goldie head by Warfronts got the outside post position very wooden top sorover clave instead. The rest of them are oh, let's see mhm h he see. I I can't make that. Uh. I think it's a T I T E L E and ataland.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good one, rolls trying to help your tongue, doesn't it?
Speaker 3: By the factory seminole Chief is by Gervin.
Speaker 2: Oh there you go.
Speaker 3: There is number three, Uh, King of Gosfred his four horses, he fold in Great Britain. Formidable Man's number five, ze ol Joe is number six, My Omano Ramon is number seven. Number eight is cable Spirit and goldiead is hear the warfron on the outside. They were see the Hollywood go cup, I gave you that? And oh, so skip you longstocking in there. I didn't remember that. He's by Exaggerator red bub Uh raised over it? Uh Timberlawn Park. No, that's not right.
Speaker 2: What did you say?
Speaker 3: Won't we kip you long stalking?
Speaker 2: Bye?
Speaker 3: He's by Exaggerator Brushy Hill. He was bred I'm having a senior moment.
Speaker 2: What time do these races start today? It looks like there's ten of them.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's all conservations. They're under cure Tanna Steaks at Churchill, Big Drama Steaks of gold Stream Park. They're uning Mama the Cliffhanger Stakes at Mama. That's just scratching it now, scratching the service.
Speaker 2: Churchill's open until did they finally keep the July fourth weekend? Did they have to give it up?
Speaker 3: Oh? But I better do a commercial here?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think we're Are we behind? No, you're right on time? Cool more?
Speaker 3: Okay. Last week at Pimlico, the Grade three two hundred and fifty down out of Pimlico Special was won by Awesome Aaron, a practical joke. Practical Joke has climbed a number five on the North American Stylist and he's tied within the midstive for the number of twenty twenty five stakes winners with ten each. He's the number one ranked son of in the Minsipitt stud stands at Ashford Study. So it was justified. He's a South Kudo winn of the one hundred found dollar of Sir Barton states of feminical Kudo won of Sir Barton by seven and a half length, also broke as maiden by seven and a quarter anks at Keenland after stumbling and almost going down in his first start. Kudo was read by Uprondale, Testin and Waham and raised on the Ashford stud Justifierside seven twenty twenty five stakes winners three graded, including Ruley Court, one of the classic two thousand guineas in England, and of course he's the South City of Toylet issues win of the English Derby, ranked number one three year old in the world, justify as one of the six sous currently ranked among the top twenty stands that are of the twenty twenty five of them on the North American Sarlia Times running out breeding season. If you've got a late full of Mayor Philly right off the track and carl Ashford Stud eight five, nine, eight, seventy three, seventy eight and they'll do their best to find them right staying at the right price for you. And remember they have a great reputation for developing soors over at Ashford Stud so see the website at coolmore dot com. I want to say something about oh Ralph Quillen.
Speaker 2: Right Sands heard it wasn't by Kyra Prince. He who Cairo Prince. I look at it up on my phone and it comes to one of your commercials.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: Quilling Leather and TAC quality service for other goods. Since nineteen eighty two, the nation's largest custom halter shop, twenty thousand halters a year ship worldwide. Quilling dot com, Paris, Kentucky Local number eight five nine nine eight seven oh two one five. And I was saying that yesterday we were strolling the street Main Street and Paris checking out Quillan's brand news shops. Beautiful. It's all glass across the front. They got all kinds of stuff for sale, and there is anything with leather. I understand they're having a big run on men's belts. They're real popular this time of year. They're fantastic for birthdays. It's beautiful stuff. They got it in black with silver or breath hardware. They a three quarter inch creased ladies their child's belt. They got one of these kind where the the ranger belt. Great for dress or casual and just a hint of Western made from fine English finished bridle leather. Beautifully stitched, hand rubbed, a solid breath buckle. Absolutely, they're gorgeous. They come in a quarter inch and a quarter or an inch and a half, so that's great. The other thing I wanted to mention is it is just about breeding seasons over so get ready to if you bored them, got to get ready to ship them back. Make sure they go back looking snazzy and uptown. Make sure they got quilling, leather and tack written all over them. So quality service leather goods. Largest custom halter shop twenty thousand plus halters yearship world wide. Quillen q U I L L I N dot com Paris, Kentucky eight five nine nine eighty seven oh two one five.
Speaker 4: Now back to horsetails with ursul ellis Well.
Speaker 3: They're running tomorrow the Santa Margarita Stakes Grade two, as added Santa Anita. I gave you that field up there, so two hundred thousan dollars race. It has been around. It reminds me of some of the past winners. I was looking after the past winners of the Margarita Santa Margareitam and irenical A Marria named lulan b. Mister Grissom on the street farm right down here, Duntree Farm, and he owned Lureline B shooes by Albaidah. Bill came by Boupier and Bill Caine had because he was a champ in Philly in New Zealand. And she was the damn in addition to Lowland B of Selector Or, an Irish cousin won by thumbs Up who stood out in California and Royal Charger. She was also the grand Dame of Seacastle. She was the Granddame of Royal Orbit who he man. He won the Preakness, ran fourth in the Derby, probably should have won it. He was in all kinds of trouble and that was Tommy Lee's Derby, I'm pretty sure, but he was, which I'm glad he didn't because winning because I bet on Tommy Lee that But anyway, but he went on and when he won the Preakness, then second the Santa Nita Derby, the del Mark for turity, and he was a top class racehorse. This is a hell of a pedigree when you get right down to it. Uh and Liu Line B was a damn of four stakes winners from mister Grisom Guideline Ruler roman Line and City Line. Roman Line was by Roman and he uh he ran let's see second in the Kentucky Derby nineteen sixty nine. I believe that was decided at least year. I'm sure he was a long shot, although he won the Breeders for Tourity. Added Kenan had won the Derby Trial and he was also ran thirty in the Bluegrass equal to Track CREC at the Churchill Downs, going five eights a mile and fifty eight and two. Roman Line was but Roman and that was the reason he was a long shot because Roman was strictly a speed strictly a speed horse. Yeah, Roman, and nobody thought he could get a mile and a quarter, right, But what they failed to do is look up the race record of blue Line Bean because she had as a five year old set a new track at del Mark go to miland three quarters that it was a mile and three quarters she with so he got his the ability to go, you know, if they had looked her up, Yeah, and she said, and she was a nice race fair Santa mar Greener was uh was actually her only stakes win, but the guideline on the nas ruler. She was the granddame of a pretty good horse named Restless Jen. She was the grandname of loul Lulu. So that stirred around here and nas Ruler horse won Ashur in the Handicapped Michigan Derby red Placing Bluegrass Stakes out Hurricane and Louisiana Derby city Line. Now I haven't had a little story to tell about city Line. He was about Wendy City the second I saw Wendey City, the second run break down, pull up bed and uh really Phill Rises, Kentucky Derby. Oh uh And and anyway, I was out visiting mister Grison one day and he says, let me show you. I wanna show you a coke. Yeah, so we went. He was l coat, was laying down out in the field, sut to sleep.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So we opened the gate and walked out of it and we got within about maybe ten yards of him, and we must have started him. Yeah, and he jumped up and was gone. I mean this, I mean he was flat gone. Mister Grissom looked at me, he says, BOYFRI didn't get out of the gate like that. He's gonna win some races exactly.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was yahnyway so but he was he went on and he won the Louisiana Derby and thes Hoard sweep Stapes and the the Comped Handicap, placed in the fid out here at tenan placed in the Clark handicapet up at Churchill savagey miland I believe they were in that at Mama Tuck. He was a nice horse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: That was back in nineteen He was a four in nineteen sixty. So he went one hundred and thirty two thousand back in the sixties. Well that's like a million, just about like now. But she was also the name of lou Line b the Dame of Guideline by Nasrulu, one of Salama, Granddame of Restless. Jeb lu I mentioned larus I trying to remember where lou Ruler interested around here. But good, good racehorse and roman Line that we talked about and didn't see we look coming in here. Uh, we'll have the doctor. I'm good.
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 3: Michael Mowing just showed a.
Speaker 5: Little late, But that's all right, that's all right.
Speaker 3: When when is when is John coming back?
Speaker 5: He's back, hits back he Uh. He got great reviews from people when he was at the Preakness, he had a great time. He had got a lot accomplished, and a lot of interesting people. And all the people that called me that I know from the Preakness all had a great time.
Speaker 2: Room. We saw pictures. Yeah, nice picture, Yeah, I have one in theo What was it in the every daily news?
Speaker 3: A picture of John.
Speaker 2: All you could see was his white hair?
Speaker 5: Hey, how come then, Thoroughbred Daily News that ever put a picture of me in there? When I used to go, oh, you don't have any white hair. I don't have any hair at all, Thank you very much, Mary Saturday.
Speaker 3: I'm sure they haven't. Yeah, are you sure they haven't? What running pictures of you?
Speaker 5: No? They run pictures of me, but not during the Preakness. Oh, we have more important things to do. Well, more picture, more important pictures to run.
Speaker 2: So he was at the Preakness and you watched it at home.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hey, I want a little credit here, Okay.
Speaker 3: Why you should? I thought you picked a winner.
Speaker 5: I know I did too. I thought I made that other mistake that my loser of the week almost won the darn thing. I hate it when that happened right there. I know what a race? Huh?
Speaker 3: That ho hadn't got that whole another stride or too later he was going to win it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, no, exactly right. And I think I think the jockey on my horse, he I think he thought, well this is good. Then all of a sudden journalism. What a horse that is?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Is he amazing? Yes, I mean the idea he went through a hole that wasn't there and got bounced around, and he just seemed to run faster the more he bumped got bumped. You know, he's tough as nails. So I'm looking forward to going the Belmont.
Speaker 2: So now what is that two weeks away?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You going to the Belmont?
Speaker 5: I hope so?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 3: Is John going to the Belmont?
Speaker 5: I hope so? Because he can do all the work and I can.
Speaker 3: I going to the Belmont?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he got one room for one more.
Speaker 5: Yeah. We do always earsely, you know that.
Speaker 2: Well, that's fun. Good for you.
Speaker 5: So I'm looking for I'm really looking forward to that. And let's see day Memorial Day, we have our annual tribute to our horses that died during the past year. That's at one o'clock at the farm. If anybody wants to come, and we like to you know, we know that there's there's a lot of other things going on in Memorial Day, of course, but it's we have That's why we have it in the afternoon because a lot of people would be done with they're they're visiting the great sites of of everyone on Memorial Day. They usually go in the morning, so that's why we have ours in the afternoon.
Speaker 2: So when you were a kid, was a decoration day.
Speaker 5: I was always Memorial Day to us. I loved it. When I was a kid, though, had the parade, Oh yeah, they shot off the guns of the cemetery. Yeah, that kind of stuff, and you weren't in it even then. I knew that was.
Speaker 2: Now that that was the routine. You get up and go up on Main Street, and here would come every high school within you know, the band and all them boy like good fun stuff, fabulous, and then everybody'd go and the family would get together in the cars and then make the routine out of the cemetery, you know, and then you spent the rest of the day eating fried chicken.
Speaker 5: That's a good idea. I like that tradition. And you know, uh, we used to uh when we used to have ours in Connectic adult family would get together and yeah, so you'd see everybody. Yeah, everybody got dressed up and the flower cellars were really happy because everybody bought plants, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what we did. Well, we had a cabin. It was a camp and when they think fancy, four rooms, we had a what do you call it to get water in the pumping. Yeah, it was years before we got running water, so it wasn't fancy, but everybody brought food and drinks and that was memorial. They was a biggie so you got to see every cousin you and that was fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it's always nice to see some of my customers.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It was open to the public, so they could, you know, they could. The ones that weren't that welcome showed up, the ones that were on work release, you know what I mean. Shoot, but it's been good. We've been having a lot of visitors, a lot of really interesting visitors. Like what, well, we had David Floes, the jockey. Oh yeah, came, he's coming back.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 5: Oh everybody really? He told me one funny story though. We have a horse there named he Rode. Well he won this he won the Delmark Futurity on silver charm.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, yeah, gave up the and he gave up.
Speaker 5: The mount on silver charm. You could make a list of the horses that guy gave up. And it's a wonder that he's still alive because I had killed myself a long time ago. He told me a great story, he says. He says, I didn't know you had El Gotto mallow here h And I said, yeah, I said, but you wrote Elgtto Malo. Yeah, he says, yeah, El Gotto males associated with my great one of my great disappointments in life. Yeah, I said, really, Well, you know, he won like a half a million dollars. You want some steaks race on him?
Speaker 2: He's no, Yeah, you know, he says.
Speaker 5: Yeah. He says, but you know when he was three, he's getting ready for the Derby, and he ran some of those Derby preps out in California, did really well. And I had this other horse I was supposed to ride, and I had to decide whether I was going to ride Olgatto Malo or the other horse. So I decided I was going to ride El got O Mallo. Yeah, because I thought he had a good chance of being in the Derby. And so I called Mike Smith and he says, I'm getting off this mayor, this Philly name Zenyata. Oh yeah really yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, that's you know, that happens to so many people.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, sure, it's all I told you about my money.
Speaker 5: I mean, I know the other guy that wanted to bury you. Well, I'm just saying, oh never month, that's funny. Hey, Ursel's not laughing. I don't know why that is. His hearing really improves me. You start to say stuff about him here.
Speaker 3: I'm getting new hearing as first of the month you are.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what are you going to do with your old ones? If I want to buy a bit discount, I don't have one live.
Speaker 2: Yeah he's going he's walking crooked because he's only got one for his left ear. Yeah yeah, Alan the v A. Yeah, he fought the battle of what was that the Japanese girls at the bar?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, uh so, how did you know?
Speaker 3: Did I talking about sleep?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: There you go a break now? Yeah, well we better go fill moving right along.
Speaker 5: Oh, we we have a lot of horses that want races that are being run today. We have a lot of horses in the past.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to where does the ky live now as he retired.
Speaker 5: No, he's still right. He still has horses. I mean he doesn't ride him in races much anymore, but he rides them. He rides them, taking care of.
Speaker 2: He lived in California.
Speaker 5: No, he lives in Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Really, I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Well, why you're doing that. Let me take care of Spenfip farm. This time last week, we were talking about She's So Spicy of Philly by Motoli winning the Grade three Ma'amseille Stakes at Churchill. Well, now we're talking about Booth the Cope by Mottoli winning the Grade three Maryland Sprints Stakes just seven days later. Booths no stranger to the Winter Circle. He's also won the Grade three count Fleet Sprint, Grade three Whitmore Stakes, Commodore Stakes at Oaklahom, won seven of his eleven starts and earned eight hundred and fifty one and ninety one dollars. Motoli has signed twelve stakes winners nineteen stakes horses in his first two cops. He's a success at stud and let me remind you that he was a success at the races. Won four Grade one races, won the Grade one Breeders Cup Frint, earned three million dollars and an Eclipse Award. Now he's passing on his award winning ability at ten thousand thans of Nurses at Spendthrift Farm. That same day at Pimlico, the one hundred thows dollars James W. Murphy Stakes was won by Reagan's Wid three o' cope from the First s Crap by Alfenning, one of three winners of the Kentucky Derby by nation's leading sire in the missip table made a spend three Farm Reagan's wit rod Riekers, whose incident is coming back from the Belmont winn of the Great two Wooden Memorial. Among the eight steaks horses, three steaks winners from the First Scrap by Old Finney, and the one hundred and fifty seven dollars tick Lang stakes at Chemical went to Retribution three Oko by Becoma. Bocoma is far and away the nation's leading second crop sire with eleven stakes winners twenty three steaks horses. For more on the stallings at Spensery Farm. The breeders farm called des or Mark or Daniel eight five nine two nine four ze zero thirty in the website is spenserf Farm dot com.
Speaker 2: Okay, I want to talk about Hill Parker, our buddy. Hill Parker's at TWOFER. You get horse farm land specialists, full time realtor, you get it all. He's a member of every association of realtors. Now, that's just not a thing, you know, that's just not a license. You have to know if you're good at that stuff. You have to know zoning rags and all the state and local stuff. You have to keep up with all that when you're selling a horse down a house downtown or a horse farm out somewhere. That's really experience oriented. So he's a graduated bulk college business. Now here's the other part. He's a licensed source trainer in eleven states. He's trained, has experienced with thoroughbreds, people, chasers, jumpers, name it, and he's done it. He knows all about that good stuff. Now, why do I go through all that background? That is important if you are looking to buy or sell a farm around here, that's the guy you need.
Speaker 5: To talk to.
Speaker 2: He needs to know certain things like what are you going to do with the property, how much do you want? Are you gonna just stable breeding training? I mean it's an enormous if you haven't worked on a horse farmant a couple of years, you don't really have the experience to know the questions. And he does all that stuff, so I mean he even knows, you know what about the barns, big enough, strong enough, stalls, hayloft, Well, where are you gonna put straw?
Speaker 5: Blah.
Speaker 2: It's endless. It is absolutely endless. So if you're looking around and oh, he's got one for sale, now, that is a bete and it's nice, don't call out looking for you know, five acres in the country. This one's a butte anyway. Urs that's Hill Parker.
Speaker 3: Well, nicest people in the world, hell and Reagan Parker and they work in together. And the best way to get in touch with him is well, they're gonna give you heels sale number. It's a eighty five nine number six zero eight eight zero three nine, And make sure you have to take out their website, which is lex Horsefarms dot com, lex horse dot dot com and just the nicest people in the world. And if you're looking to buy a farm or house, or you're looking to sell a farm or a house, the other people you are to get in touch with once again, it's Lex horse Farms, dot Com Hill and Riggan Parker.
Speaker 4: Now back to the Thoroughbred Training Center and ursul ellis.
Speaker 2: Okay, exaggerator by curling, right, exaggerators by curling. I looked it up for some reason a little bit ago.
Speaker 3: That was the quest question, Oh.
Speaker 2: I need to pay better attention.
Speaker 3: Huh one of us? Does I've got an excuse? So my one hearing it didn't work?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, it's a little off.
Speaker 3: Moving crooked.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, it's going to be an exciting time now we're getting ready for the Belmont. Now was a big controversy about whether or not they should change the trip to Crown around. So everybody's I understand the old timers don't want to change yet I know nobody that's I'm an old timer and I want to change. You do want to change? Yeah, I do everybody.
Speaker 3: When it's getting so now they're they're skipping the Preakness. And when they start skipping the Preakness, you know that ruins it. Anyway, I think it would.
Speaker 2: Work for a week later for the Preakness.
Speaker 5: I've got the solution right here. See that's why I even got up this morning so I can come here and tell you I have the solution to all the racings problems, and this is just one of them. But nobody ever asked me, I wonder why maybe my solutions aren't that good. So you've got to keep the first Saturday in May exactly where it is, right, you know, put our hands on our hearts, you know, pray for Kentucky. So that's going to stay exactly the same. So this is very simple so people can remember. So the first Saturday in May you do, you do the Derby, and then where you're going. First Saturday in June you do the Preakness. First Saturday in July you do the Belmont, and it fits right in with everything, and then courses get a chance to rest. This is not as much pressure on the three year olds. They can they can relax a little bit, and the ones that that might have got a nick or two and the Derby had time to settle in and come back and run into breakness. And now you're going to get how can you not have a full field in a classic race? I mean, it's not that's not so good.
Speaker 2: That's excellent because for one thing, the first Saturday of May, June and July.
Speaker 5: You know, I mean, you just go right to it helps promote racing more. You have more time to promote it. Between the races, you have more time to advertise, you have more time for now, wait a minute with the train, skip a month in there, No three triple crown one two three. Yeah, okay, it's not the double Crown or the quadruple. It's the triple drop.
Speaker 2: But there's such a thing about the quadruple car.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right. Maybe they should have one for five year olds. Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 5: The good thing about the Belmont then, too, is they're probably going to expand that meat a little bit more at Saratoga and the Belmont cold meat off the summer meat at Saratoga.
Speaker 2: That's great. That is a good idea, Michael, all.
Speaker 5: Right, ten dollars an idea. You can just email me at Old Friends and it's only ten bucks. You can, but we also accept credit vouchers from the Red Mile.
Speaker 2: Oh funny, that's funny.
Speaker 5: No better, I'm desperate.
Speaker 2: Now that's fun. You know what, since he's retired, you can just see him sitting in his addern chair coming up with these ideas.
Speaker 5: Just fabulous, my Ron deck chair. Thank you, Joe bochan AND's Washington, and for letting me have that Adirondack chair. It's really comfortable. A little silver charm likes it too, because I take him out and you have him by his long lead rope and he can eat the clover and do everything else and I can sit there and he doesn't bother me with it, cookies and stuff.
Speaker 2: That's what color is it?
Speaker 5: White? It's beautiful and it's so comfortable. The hard part is getting up. Yeah, because it's so comfortable and you're so relaxed, and I'm so old. It's really tough, really tough. Yeah, we have to have a moment of silence for the Celtics getting out of the playoffs and playing terrible last few games. I know, well, they're all done now, they're all home, count their money.
Speaker 2: Oh I've read something about that. I don't know what it was.
Speaker 5: No, Indiana. You know, Indiana's playing the Knicks now in the Eastern Conference.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 5: Yeah? And Indiana won the first two games, and they won them in New York. You know, if you can't wait, you might as well be able to root against New York. That's my motto. That's part of the that's part of the fun.
Speaker 2: I can't remember what I read about that, but that's an interesting Boston and the two teams.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's pretty exciting. But boy, the referees, you talk about interference and journalism and all that business. During the race, they're playing this as if it was there. It was a mixture of traditional basketball and and and cage wrestling, you know. I mean they're bouncing around and they're throwing people on the ground and nobody's getting over bowls.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it's tough. You've got to have a different kind of team to get through these.
Speaker 2: Definitely a girls sport. Yeah, but you.
Speaker 5: Know, there's some nice racing this weekend, especially as Ursul has already pointed out out in California.
Speaker 2: Really nice the chapel.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna try it. We're gonna see. I'm gonna go to farmer's market because in Georgetown, the farmer's market open last week and this week and they've got strawberries. They got the home grown strawberries that actually tastes like strawberries, remember those not the months It tastes like the cardboard in the box they came in exactly. Uh, now, where is the farmers market it's right in downtown Georgetown. The parking lot behind behind the courthouse. Oh yeah, where that whole parking lot. They put a nice patio out there with a roof on it and everything and good.
Speaker 2: And really nice farmers market.
Speaker 5: Really they got pat Riley's daughter. Pat Riley is one of our volunteers, and he's on our board. He's our treasurer. Actually, to be really nice to him. Uh, his daughter sells flowers out there that are beautiful.
Speaker 2: Oh are they?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Top of the hour, guys, I got them all right.
Speaker 5: I gotta go anyway. I gotta go get my work done. Nine o'clock, isn't it, Patsy.
Speaker 3: I originally appreciate you coming here, really.
Speaker 5: Betsy, good to talk to you. Come visit us, we go see the horses.
Speaker 3: He can't answer you anyway, one way. Once and once again, thank you for helping me out last week when everyone crazy. That was a good show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not so bad.
Speaker 2: No, I listened to it at home on I.
Speaker 3: Couldn't have made it with that, ol buddy. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 5: All my pins I gotta talk I got these are all our Derby and Preakness winners. Oh, Silver Charm charismatic war emblem.
Speaker 3: Oh all right, well Happy savery one, whose first five starts one Grade one steaks and earn a million, two hundred and fifty eight one hundred dollars. Highly consistent, he was in the money and eleven straight stars, eight of them steaks, seven graded steaks among them the Great one Whitney at Saratoga, Great one Metropolitan Belmont, a Grade one Clark Handicapped at Churchill Downs, the Great one Jackey Club Gold Cup at sarah togem Mistakes that he won the year before, the Grade two Suburban of Belmont, and the one hundred found dollar Federick Cotezio at Law, which he also won. He won the Great one Jackey Club Gold Cup as a three O, defeating older horses. He was a dead game competitor at the highest level. Terrific pedigrees got a sour pedigree. He's by Kentucky Derby winner Super Saver, who signed five champions, including the brilliant Distaff of Latrushka and the champion Sprint of rud Happy. This is the family which also gave us one of the all time great syres of Cyrus ap Inde Happy Saver second Damn by Deputy Minister as the daughter of Weekend Surprise, a brood Mayer of the Year by the Great Secretary. The breeding seasons winding down. Now he got a late folding Mayor of Philly just off the track. Give him a call and they'll do their best to accommodate you with with Happy saver All was one of the other standings out of the rest. It's called Shannon Nikall at eight five, nine eighty seven, three seventy two seventy. The website is airdrestud dot com. Well, James is not what James Scully is not with us today, but he has called in some He has called in some horses that he likes, and today raised nine, which is the kur Tanna Stakes which goes off this afternoon at four point fifty five up at Churchill Downs. And he likes number one. Uh dreaming of Mo. That's an Uncle Moe Philly, that that was number one in there. She's she's eight to one and that's that's the one he likes in the Kurt Tanner Stakes. In the seventh race he likes number five horse Stable Currency at five to one, and in the tenth race he prefers maximum at ten to one, so he's given you some pretty good odds on and he's one of the best. James is because he's with Bloodstock Research Information Services. And that handicap of sheet incidentally is available right now. Added the red maud also furniture with the streets scratch sheet, added the red mouth and.
Speaker 5: Think at everything you wanted the red mile, everything that your Red mile and then ship yeah companionship.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess James is up at Churchill today. But anyway, those are the horses that he likes today.
Speaker 2: So thank you, Mike.
Speaker 3: We'll see, we'll see how it goes.
Speaker 2: I thought something for you.
Speaker 3: And bris net dot com is where you can get picked up the copies of the of the scratch sheet and and the uh Kentucky handicap or sheet. So that's okay. That is bris net dot com and great organization and we use them all the way. All right, moving right along, we're going to have to take a look at some of the winners of.
Speaker 5: All right, you're talking about winners. I'm leaving on that note losing department, Burstail's losing department. Hey, I got great credit for my loser last week. I'll tell you. And Oskar yeah, we've had two losers in a week. Wow, that paid good prices.
Speaker 2: Good. I'm glad they're here.
Speaker 3: But I thought you, I thought you haded one in the prequel.
Speaker 5: I know that would have really, that would have been bad.
Speaker 3: Besides out the act, believe it or not, the horse came Friday. I said, God, they picked a winner.
Speaker 5: I know all over Kentucky people were celebrated. Okay, all right, great to see you.
Speaker 3: Thanks for coming, and we do appreciate it. Let's take a look at some of the stakes that we're going take care of our friends at the Kentucky Third Breeders Association. These are past winners of Kentucky bed winners of past stakes races last week. We'll start off with the Freakness Grade one and and went to Journalism by Curling read by the Don Alberto Corporation. We will go from there to the Grade three Maryland's French Stakes at Pimlico Booth one that by Matoli over bred by Clear Sky Farms his horses and eleven Starch has got seven wins, four last four in a row. Now he's one all grading eight hundred and fifty one thousand. There's one and it was two hundred and twenty five thousand dollars graduator O B Smart Sale. The Dinner Party Stakes Grade three at Pimlicoal went to Fort Washington. That's a Warfront bred by Joseph Allen and White Birch Farm. The Grade three Pimical Special two hundred and fifty thousand dollars race at Pimblical Course Alsome Arena by Practical Joe also airin It is a Practical Joke bread by Lester Quark and doctor no yo Ya Yoshida. The Great Three Louisville States at Church of Down's Utah Beach one that by in English Channel bet by Jay Amling and Mary's Field Farm, lay DuPont Distaff at Pimico Candid one that by can You Ride bet by um Buck Pond Farm over in Versailles. That's Doug Arnold's Nice Philly too. The Great Three? Is it? The Great Three? The one hundred found dollars Sir Barton Steaks Now it's Kudo won that by Justified read by Orpendale Telson and winning the one hundred and fifty dollars chick Laying Stakes went to Retribution by Wacoma over at Spencer Farm read by Andrew McNeely Harden one of those running Macomas. The James W. Murphy Steaks one hundred thousand dollars at Chemical went to Reagan's Wit. That's a from the first Crop by three O from the first Crop by or Fennick read by Dean Bear and Green Bear. Let's see the one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars ski Pat steaks Zelo's one that by Curling bred by Stone Street, Third Bed Holdings, and ohs is a nice horse. The King Chorus Stakes at Woodbine, Church and State, and three Old Building by Caravaggio bred by d P Racing. And the Great three Honeymoon Steaks added sant Nita went to friend Flower by Liam's Map read by noobo Oda and the US Equive. So those are the Kentucky Red Steaks winners from last year. Well, let's see last Saturday at Pemical. The Grade three two hundred and fifty found Do a Dinner Party Stakes was won by Fort Washington by Fort warred by Warfront. Fort Washington won the Grade three Canadian Turf Steaks in his previous stime. He's also won the Grade three Mama Stakes and the tailor of the Cat stakes at Mama He's earned seven hundred and twenty four nine hundred and twenty two dollars that same day also at Pimical. The Grade three hundred and fifty found out at Gallery at stakes went to Charlene's Dream the Philly out of a Daughter Warfront whose daughters are rapidly becoming collector's items warfront, by any measures, one of the nation's leading sires. Just think of this, twenty percent of his folds now we're talking about his folds earned black type. He is the nation's leading tide by lifetime percentage. The stakes winners and greatest stakes winner SAMs A Claven Farmers did two of his Grade one winning sons War of Will and Annapolis war Will won a Grade one Preachers and the Grade ones and Grade one Steaks on Dirt and Grass earned me in eight hunder and eighty one thousand, his first cop hit the tracks last year and among his first cup unners who Will Find thirty one winners, including the greatest stakes winner and six others earned black type. Annapolis Rant a stakes record at Keenan the day he won a Grade one coom or turf mile Rent added one thirty three and one. Also won graded stakes at two and again at three earned a Mellion five hundred and eighty one thousand, seven hundred and seventy dollars. It's one of the best looking horses you ever laid eyes on. Go see him. He's passing on that superb confirmation too, and you'll agree that it's no wonder that he gets full of high quality mayors. So give Bernie Shams or Jacob West to call at eight five, nine, nine eighty seven, two through three. O take it. Look at a website which is clevelandfarm dot com.
Speaker 2: All right, talk my friends over Hope Well Insurance ten McClain good Man. When we moved to Bourbon County thirty something years ago, we checked in to see where we would go for insurance because truthfully, we like to shop local. When you shop local, you're just a walk or one phone call away from whoever you're dealing with. We've always felt like that was a good idea. Whether it's a restaurant or you know, clothing or whatever you're looking for, it's a good idea. So Ursul had to talk with Ted at the Hope Well Company, and we've been with him ever since. And one of the real interesting parts of Hope Well it is small town friendliness. They are very open with their customers. It's just great. The interesting part that I found was that the Hopo Company is an independent insurance agency. They don't work for an insurance company that's mega around the world. You're more than a number. I mean, obviously they know you the same small town you don't get that when you have to deal with somewhere God knows. So what they do. They use a carefully selected group of financially sound, reputable companies, so they give you the best coverage at the best price, and they will give you free of charge, no obligation review in comparison of your insurance. They're great to work with. They're always there and they're so helpful. So and you call up and they say Hope Well and you say, hey, Laurie, I think you know it's that kind of a deal. They've been there since nineteen fifty five, so you know they're doing it right. Full service insurance agency. Their phone number it's local eight five nine nine eighty seven two three four seven. That's ninety seven two three four seven are better. Yeah, stop by the offices A twenty Main Street. They say, command you know, it's better than punch seven for English or whatever. So they're really really nice people that do a great job for you.
Speaker 1: Wwtfam Georgetown Lex, WTF those little everywhere with the iHeartRadio app now number one for podcasting.
Speaker 4: Now back to Horsetails with ursul Ellis.
Speaker 3: Well, I do believe we've got doctor Bryan waal Ridge with us this morning. He's down in Mississippi state where we're It's got time you came back up there again and brought us some more cheese.
Speaker 2: We're down to about a fourth of a boat.
Speaker 3: We're down to about a fourth of a ball of.
Speaker 2: Cheese that you gave us, and I keep putting it in the back so nobody sees it. Just for fun.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 6: You got to protect that cheese.
Speaker 3: You can't hide anything from the refrigerator from me? Are you this morning?
Speaker 6: All thanks? Going down here? All thanks in Kentucky.
Speaker 3: Well, cold cold, I don't know what's going on. It was forty something up here today.
Speaker 6: It's it's cooler here in the mornings. You know, It's it's hitting upper seventies, which is cool for here. The other day went out to feed horses one day this week and I thought that feels about like Kentucky out here feeding, so it made me happy.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not surprised that it's starting to warm up here a little bit.
Speaker 2: Our Irish friends are saying, welcome to Ireland in the spring.
Speaker 6: As long as you don't get the rain, you can have the cool. You just don't want that Irish rain every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah rain, but that's why it's so green and chiley.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was talking to an irishman while back and he says this is Kentucky with him and reminds me of why I lived Ireland. Oh lord, but he was pretty honest about it. Anyway. That's why they are. That's why they the bars stay open. You know what. The pubs in Ireland flourished because they have go in and get.
Speaker 2: Warm exactly.
Speaker 3: Where. Well, what's it, how's your cold? Do it? Okay?
Speaker 6: He's doing well, he's getting big. I've got to get all this stuff in and stuff and get him up to Kentucky. I think next month we're gonna move him up. So he's so this has the best personality, really laid back. The only thing he does I don't like is he palls when he eats. That's the only thing he does bad, I think so far.
Speaker 2: Huh huh.
Speaker 6: Interesting Does it be one the one that's gonna dig a hole in a stall? Maybe when they do that. But he he's you know, he needs to go with everything else I love about him.
Speaker 3: He needs he needs some exposure to Kentucky.
Speaker 6: Now he does. He needs to get back up there. He's uh, he needs to, you know, That's why I wanted to be Kentucky bread. He's gonna go back up there and eat that good grass because the grass down here just is nothing. It's the coast permuta grass. It's it's nothing like Kentucky grass. And gave him up there and get him growing because I've been I've got him all protein supplement of that customer muta grass you know on a good days, about ten protein. So I knew. I knew he wasn't getting enough between the feed and all, and because he was bigger, I wanted to feed him a little different. He's going to feed him too much, especially fee him too much starch and off the carbohydrates all that you can get into you know, bone cysts and ocds and wobblers. So I was trying to feed him a little bit different just to hopefully prevent that, because you know, if you can avoid anything you do to avoid that stuff only helps you in the end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So what else is going on down there?
Speaker 6: We had a pretty interesting case. You know, it's the end the fallen season, but maybe good for next year. We had a Tennessee walking horse and it was two days old. I was born the two nights previous, and had the mayor had a history there was She's supposed to have been bred to the same stallion three years running. This is their third cold from the same stallion, and supposedly that mayor had had n I on each DNA with ralsisar I should say they were the stallion's red blood cells are different than the mayors, and then the mayor makes hantabodies against that, and then when the full drinks clostrum, he gets antibodies against its own red blood cells, and those red blood cells burst or you know in circulation sometimes. And so you know, it made some sense, as that mayor have been bred to the same stallium three years running, then you know she had exposed to stay in his blood type when she folds, and then that it's full inherits that that blood cell, that red blood cell type from the stadium. Then you know she'll produce antibodies against that false red blood cells in the class room and that'll cause problems just like our H factor in humans. And so you know that kind of made some sense. But they never tested the mayor before before folding, and they've gotten some bad advice about how to manage and so anyway to Fole ended up here and I've had to do this, you know every now and in the farm, you know, busy and America comes in and maybe just just falls through the tacks getting NI tested or you know, get sent to you say they were in I tested and they weren't or for whatever reason is you know, mayor folds and everybody says, all we forgot to test this mayor for and I what you can do to go backwards is they said test them before the fall is born. You'll hopefully do this for the full nurses is go and get a blood sample from the mayor and get a blood sample from the fole, and if she has antibodies against that fall's red blood cell type, you know, if she's at if she's gonna make it on that fole, She'll have those same antibodies in her in her in her blood, so you could expose her her serum, you know, liquid part of her blood where the antibodies are to that Fall's red blood cells and she's got antibodies and makes them clump up and and so we we did that tested down here and it was negative. So our our blood test, our test said may was safe to the nurse, Fole to fall the nurse. So they did set the sample up to Rid and Riddle to get tested and at another results of that that was after the Fall was born. Just what what the what the hospitals do is else scam. They'll look for the two most common red cell types to cause these antibodies because there's two types AA and QA, and if they have anybodies to those, those cause really severe in eye. So the hospitals test for those two, but potentially it can be any blood type that's different from the mayor that can do it. You know, we'd see that as well during forward season. So you know, my advice to him was in the fall was two days of age. It's not going to absorb anybodies from anymore from the classroom, so you know, it's safe. And the nice thing is if they have it, at least does anybodies get used up? You know, once they rapture that red blood cell, that anybody's gone. So I don't put the marror back on the foe. I'm not sure they listened to me, honestly, but at least we went backwards and showed the fold didn't have NI. So you know, if you if you miss one on the farm and you can catch them before the nurse, blood sample from the fold, blood sample from the maryor sent it into the hospital, and they'll figure it out for you.
Speaker 3: That's something else.
Speaker 6: It was great for the students because you know, I teach that in class and they said, man, I know all about it now. And I said, yeah, that when you're in class you thought this is something you never have to deal with. And they all kind of laugh said, yeah, what kind of thought.
Speaker 3: That when you're coming up here.
Speaker 6: I'm coming up there's a big well, it won't be big. It might be three thousand. So there's a Veterinarian Convention for the American College of Veterinary in Teral Medicine there Louisville. I think that one might be coming up. It might be next I guess it's probably next month. I only live about a day or two ahead, but I'm pretty sure that one's coming up, so I'll be around. I can't remember if that conference wraps around a weekend or not. Hopefully i'll be able to see it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a job application, No.
Speaker 6: It's a it's a specialty college, so it's better there to just do internal medicine like me and both a Small Animal and the Large Animal College has a meeting every year, and you know, it moves around, and this year it's in Louisville, so there'll be It's not real big. It might be a couple of thousand people go to that, maybe three, but it's kind of nice because it's the way we get you know, continuing education, learn what's new out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, okay, very good. Well I hope you'd make it up here.
Speaker 5: I do too.
Speaker 6: I'm sure it will be up there because I'll go buy the go by all friends and see how all the horses are doing, check out of Antonio and everybody, and so I'll be around. So maybe there's nothing else, can meet you for runch or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great, all right? For my friend, it's we'll be talking to you next week about this time. I guess all right, yeah, at least at least we're the storms are all gone on everything, and we last week it was a mess up here.
Speaker 6: Ah Kentucky got hit hard down the mountain.
Speaker 3: The sun is out today. We talked to you next week, my friends, all right, see you bye bye. Well, time's running out on the breeding season, so if you have a late folding, mayor of off the track, just get on the phone and call Stuart fitzgimmon over Darby Dam. Remember Darby Dam offers a breeders reassurance plan, whereby the fee will not be due until sixty days after birth. And they have an excellent band of standings to consider. There are three Grade one winters standing in the first seasons that stood there blazing sevens of the Grade one Champagne Stakes. This gout be the head and the Preakness, and he's by the top side of good magic. Then there's Guffho, winner of Grade one stakes at three, one Grade one stakes at four, one Grade one sticks at five he earned two men one hundred and seventy six thousand, five hundred and thirty dollars and he's got a lovely pedigree Cheryl Spight. He won a meon four hundred and ninety seven two hundred and forty five dollars. He's by a breeders Cup champion out of a Breeders Cup champion. Also such proven size has dialed in. He has sired multiple Grade one winners a millionaires. Then there's flame Away. He's right near the top of the silast every year since his protinenty hit the tracks. He won graded stakes earned nine hundred and eleven thousand, six hundred and thirty four dollars. He's by the late Great Scat Daddy. Flame Away is a popular sales sire youngsters by him selling for two hundred thousand, one hundred and seventy five thousand, one hundred and thirty thound two hundred and twenty thousand dollars this last year. Then there is millionaire Hower Power, Uncle Mo's young grated steakes win a Modernists and the beautifully bred title Ready not to mention a few of the wide selection of staying standing over Darby Damn and getting back to Modernists by the way, one of them sold for three hundred and ten thousand dollars to Rapoli earlier this week at the Phasing Timpson Timonium Salem. So once again, what you need to do is call Stuart fitzgimmon, you'll make your deal. You can't refuse. And the number to call eighty five nine two five four four two four once again, two five four oh four oh two four to two. I'll get it right in a minute. All righty moving, pardon.
Speaker 2: Mccauleys.
Speaker 3: Oh, I've got mccaulleague. Ah he is, how about that horses raised on McCall if He's won five steaks at Pemico last week, Candid read by buck Pond Farm. That's Doug Arnold's farm. Got things rolling with the wind and the Layer of DuPont Stakes on Friday. Candid has also won the Great one outsa by these steaks I sat out Eric Keenan earned a million, two hundred and fifty one thousand dollars. Two races later, Awesome Aaron won the Grade three Pemical Special. He was bred by Lester Quark and doctor now Oga Yoshido. Awesome Aaron was raised on Winchester Farm. He's earned over five hundred and seventy one thousand. Then on Saturday, Booth read by Claire Sky Farms one of the Greade three Maryland states. He's won four grated stakes. He's earned eight hundred and fifty ninety one dollars. Pimlicoal's one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars subartin Steaks was run by Kudo, the Coke Bread by Orpendale Chesson and winning raised at Ashwitz said he won by seven and a half links. Kudoo sold is a wheeling for three hundred and fifty seven dollars, and the one hundred and twenty five found dollar skip at stakes was won by Ze Loss red by Stone Street Therdbit Holdings. He's won the Great two third Bed Coup of America Stakes at Keenan plus two stakes at Churches and and and over Oakland. Earned a million, one hundred and sixteen thousand, three hundred and five dollars of congratulations to all. To learn more about the products, McCauley fees called Doctor John Leeue or Amy Parker Jenny Morris eight five nine eighty seven three thirty three thirty three. Take a look at the website McAuley fees dot com. You're always welcome to stop by the office. He's the one eleven Broadway in Visales. Mccalleage was the first feed male in the nation to produce products exclude for the horse, a practice continued to this day and McCauley feeds it's all about the horse.
Speaker 4: Now back to the Thoroughbred Training Center and ursua ellis all right, I.
Speaker 3: May go to to a little Joe Palmer for having written in Joe Palmer and a five. Yeah, this is written by Joe back in the nineteen forties. You know he was just forty nine years forty eight. You're forty eight years old when he died that in front of his typewriter. Independent. Yeah, I didn't know. Forty eight years old, isn't there something?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a shame.
Speaker 3: What a shame? Listen? What the right? This is called the Bronx of all places. Announcement of the Belmont station entry started a few chains of salt and these started had a bit of rooting in the records. This led to a conclusion that may be strained to you. The first place of modern American racing is the Bronx, New York. It was born there on September the twenty five, eighteen sixty six, with the opening of fabulous Jerome Park. This takes qualification. Governor ogle And introduced racing in the English style at Annapolis about seventeen forty seven. They had been racing in New York at least as early as George Washington was taken for a package as Alexander Virginia in the early days of the nation. Lechington, Kentucky, had a race course in eighteen twenty nine, and had racing sorts before then. The Carolinas had a lot of racing even in colonial times and long before. The Mitaria Course at New Orleans was famous, many years before the war between the States being seen. You know the great matches between Lexington and le Compe in eighteen fifty five. But all these meetings were autonomous, not responsible to each other, not to any common authority. Materia was fashionable, but one suspect some of the others were more rough than ready. Leonard W. Jerome conceived the idea of establishing a racetrack an American Jockey Club along the lines of England's New Market, and in this purpose he was abetted by forty nine other life members. The track was Jerome Park, of course, and the American Jockey Club, which had oney three hundred members and all had his subscription rooms somewhat on the Lower Broadway, and later moved to the Jerome Mansion and Madison Avenue in twenty seventh Street. Before the war, racing had been largely for men only. I can find you people who wish it was still yet. But that war like others, and maybe I should have lift that line up. But that war, like others, unsettled a few customs, and Jerome Park opened with social magnificence and brand for reasons best known to itself, played Orpheus in Hades the inauguration stakes, won by John Hunter's Kentucky, one of the great Triumphia, Kentucky, Asteroid, and Norfolk, all sons of Lexendon fold in the same year. Another of them ever beaten, except on the one occasion when two of them met in the same race. The story goes that Jerome lifted his daughter Jenny to the back of the victorious horse, a performance which was cheered by General Elisius Graham and all the other eight thousand spectators, except at Elena Patty, who was very much put out for reasons that will skip. However, there are no remaining witnesses because Colonel Matt Wynn did not see this an ogle from the seat of his father's wagon. He held out for the first derby nine years later. Through genealogy in this space is largely confined to horses, it may be pertinent to note that Jenny and Jerome, having got this fine start in life, subsequently became the mother of Winston Churchill. Jerome Park, at the time of the Inogo, was in Westchester County and the city in nexit in eighteen seventy three, and about fifteen years later began to make noises about making it into a reservoir. Jerome and John A. Morris first made a stab at Van Cortland Park, but the city had the finger on that too, and they eventually built Marris Park, two miles from Jerome Park, over in eighteen eighty nine, though there were two or three final meetings that Jerome leader. The control changed from the New York Jockey Club to the west Chester Racing Association in eighteen ninety six, and Morris Park lasted until nineteen oh five at that point. At that point, seeing that the owners of the property were getting gay about the lease, the Winchester Racing Association bill Belmont Park and the headquarters of racing moved from the Bronx to Long Island. Meanwhile, rather scanned authority of the American Jockey Club, which nevertheless wrote the rules for all metropolitan racing, had been made firmer in the Board of Control in eighteen ninety one, and this s crystillized into the present Jockey Club of eighteen ninety four. Somewhere along the line had brought the American stud Book from Sander de Bruce, and it eventually became the supreme authority in American racing, both as to rules and registration. The State Racing Commission later took most of its authority, but by the time that time American racing had been from German form. You can't get away from it. The whole business started up in the Bronx. So did the wider choot Jerome Park Wilt straight away in eighteen seventy five, and Mars Park had a downhill, the cliffs Choote, which became known as the Toboggan Slide, which gave its name to the Toboggan Handicap. Belmont didn't have the prison shoot when it opened, but it had one nevertheless, a planning wonder to This observe is why Belmont Park is not more popular than it is. Not that the plant on Hempston turnpipe is exactly left to the bats and owls, or that the leader can sun himself on the steps of the Turf and Field Club. But the point is that the spaciousness and appearance Belmont lies over the other metro polt tracks like ice cream overhead, and the quality of its racing is the highest in the nation. The nearly average district there is in excess of fifty thousand. These aren't idle figures either. Whether the world will be the path to your door if you build a better mouse trap is between you and Thuau. But if you are better, if you are a better touch, you will presently be the center of radiating four lane highways. Still, while Belmont runs a little ahead of the other long island tracks and attendants and bedding, it isn't farheaded at the size of the plane, its plaint and the quality of its horses seems to warm. The explanation has been offered that the horses are too far away you suit the customers. And it is true that every race and the one and a half miles has started somewhere over toward floor a park, and that the long reaches of Belmont's one and a half mile track make visibly difficult. But since this tourist has been assured that the customers come only to bet and have no interest in the horses. As such, national limps a little like a three to five favorite has also been publicly explained that Belmont has persisted in all of Belmont's racing is for the rich tradition. The implication is that the other tracks have had their men posted at the Long Island station to welcome the pritariat with open arms, ply him with fire for brand, and guide him to the total lads of winders. This is not even sane for the promotion that any of the tracks are slightly blow what you would expect for a benefit Yukuk party at Athens, Tennessee dignity. You know, Belmont is more right than a knew. Only the rich can buck a game with a fifteen percent takeout. It's two that Belmont began by being very English with these spring meeting based on the fixtures at Newmarket and Epsom, and the fall season dedicated to combine the less features of Sandown, Ascot and Doncaster. It was not, in fact until nineteen twenty that Belmont Park gave up running its races the wrong way of the track in the English style, though not all English races are running clockwise. But in these days all men are equaval for the totalizator and with his admission ticket the customer gets a license to live, which is all he gets locally. Anyway. To get back to the Belmont stakes, the Bronx has one more score. The Belmont was inaugurated in eighteen sixty seven and then when it was rufus under the scarlet celse of Francis Marsh. She was one of the notable group of Phillies known as the Barbarous Battalion, which pinned everybody's ears back in the nineteen sixties eighteen sixties. Excuse me, the others were remorseless, relentless, regardless and merciless, and they're all out of the mayor barbarity. The point is they were bred by Marsh stirred at Throngs a couple of miles from the exits of the Bronx white Stone Bridge. Through the bridge is available at the time. Jerome, whose memories perpetuated by the Jerome handicap run as nearly as dates permit to the anniversary and all go Jerome Park and one of eight brothers by one of eight brothers. Three of them were farmers, two in the business, one being slightly highly successful as Leonard on Wall Street. The other two became ministers. But even one of these picked up at forty thousand dollars in speculation, which was based in incredibly on mulberry trees. No wonder Churchill would take a detens. That's a story about Belmont goes on. The next next one is Belmont in the twentieth century. Yep, let's see, we got to take care of Spencerft farm here and our friends over at Sally Van Service sacking got twenty minutes. Well this time last week we were talking about She's So Spicy and Philly by Mottoli winning the Grade three Ma'amseille Stakes at Urchill Downs. Well now we're talking about Booth and Coke by Motoli winning the Grade three Maryland Sprint Steaks just seven days later. Booth's no stranger to the Winter Circle. He's also won a Grade three count Fleet Sprint, the Grade three Whitmore Steak, the Commodore Stakes, at oakhonh He's won seven of his eleven starts. He's won over eight hundred and fifty one thousand dollars. Matoli has signed twelve stakes winners nineteen steak sauces in his first two cops. He's a successic stun and let it remind you he was a pretty dog gone successful at the races. He won four Grade one stakes, one of the great Grade one Breeders' Cup's Friend, earned three point one million dollars, and he earned the Eclipse Ward. Now he's passing on his award winning ability ten thousand stands and nurses at Spencrift Farm. I think he's a real bargain. The same day at Pimical, the one hundred thousand dollars James W. Murphy Stakes was won by Reagan's Whip at three Rule from the first Crop by ol Fenny, one of three winners of the Kentucky Derby by the nation's number one sire in the mission Authentic Stablemate. At Spencrift Farm, Reagan's wi rod Rigers, who's going incidentally in the Belmont Park. In the Belmont Stakes, won the Grade two Wood Memorial and there among the eight stakes hoursers, three stakes winners from his first cop for the first crop by Authentic and the one hundred and fifty thousands chick Lang stakes at Pimico went to retribution as a three year old coopay Pa Coma. The Coma is far and away the nation's leading second crops are this is it? You got eleven stakes winners twenty three steak sources in his first two crops. For more on the stands over Spencer Farm, the breeders farm called there's a brand and Mark or Daniel at eight five nine two nine, four years old thirty and the website is Spencer Farm dot com. All right, let me see a.
Speaker 2: Few words about Sally. Horse Fans Service has been in business forever. It was that we were counting it at sixty. Now it's way up there, even more so. And during that time many of the greatest runner as ever as step on a racetrack had been entrusted to their care. And you know, when you're shipping a horse to a race or to be bred or something that's important, that is it's iffy, and it's a chance they have to take because they have to get there. And that's when it's so important to go with sally Van. They've some of the greatest runners ever to step on a racetrack have been entrusted to their care and I saw Justify picture Justified this embarking off of sally Van. Now they've learned a lot along the way. Obviously, their vehicles and equipment are terrific. I mean that's the single most important safety factor and the other single most important, well, that would be double anyway, it's the experience and ability of the horse, the person behind the wheel. They're really proud of their drivers. That's sally Van. They're experienced drivers and experienced horsemen. That's a winning combination. So think about that, ship your horse across the county, across the country. It's good enough for Justify. I reckon it's good enough for your horse. When you load your horse into a sally Van, you can depend on the fact the person behind the wheel one of the best in the business. So folks at sally Van wouldn't have it any other way. They've been doing it for years. That's why, for more than a half a century plus, Sally Horse Vans at two five five ninety four h six the safest way to the winner's circle.
Speaker 4: Now back to Horsetams with ursul ellis.
Speaker 3: Oh right. They're running some other stake races today. By the way, for instance, there's a Cliffhanger stakes at Marlot Park. It's a mile and the sixteenth thrills and up goes off about about ten minutes to five one hundred thousand dollars pot on a turf for thrills and up where the Cliffhanger. He said, Mama, huh, wonder how their weather is might be, Buddy, You.
Speaker 2: Never know, boy, with all the rain, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Anyway, It's got a field. Let me see him's in there. It's got a big field, got a field of nine, got some horses on. They also ail and number one is a horse name signatore by tapping read by Gainesway. By the way, highest distinction is number two, but point of entry number three or there are no words by California chrome where he is. I think he finally ended up for abroad. Really it was a good racial. Number five is a French bread uh boolooni is his name or something Bologne or something like that. Lobby Forever super s O U p e R is number five by American pharaoh had ay A Marria named mighty super s O U P E R Oh funny Yeah, American Pharaoh over Ashwridz said Triple gram winner. Yeah, good Shire awfully cool is number six by Carthalos. Number seven is Old Tago by Spikes Town. Number eight is He's Pure Gold by Australian horse named Vancouver. I think he was up here for a while. The milign is Puminio by Baudor sends over Spencer for am I right about that? Hey, I'm pretty sure. And let's see. Uh all so they got one, two, three, four horses on there. Also, why oh it's for main track only. Uh huh yeah, if it's if they it's the schedule for the grass. If they take it off the grass, they'll run it on the main track.
Speaker 2: They will. Then that doesn't let you scratch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's four horses that will go. Also, Number ten will be speeding. This a great notion. Number eleven it's Hotel by Curling. Number twelve is Hades h A d Yes by Awesome Siou on the outside surface there by midshipment. Let's see they're running the Paradise Creek Steaks at Belmont Park. Super swift. This is for six pairarms on the outer turf. One hundred and fifty thousand for three year olds goes off with about a quarter to six super Swift by for Coma for coma very hot sial over at Spencerft Farm. Insubordinations. Number two is in Irish spread but bungled in the jungle.
Speaker 2: Funny.
Speaker 3: Number three is a flat to demet by Omaha Beach, another one of those successful young sires over at Spendthrift Farm. Number four is Assertiveness by in the Mischief of Spendthrift Farm. That's the three of the first four horses in the race. Oh by, well, let's see if there's two more, and if six of the horses and nine horses in the race. But Spensift' Clark towers number five and by not this time bybe Clark on five over on Brine Station. Just Sweet Joe is number six by Frosted. Number seven is a supersonic prew by Air Force Crew. Number eight is Warharp by Omaha Beach over at Spencery Farm. Another young sire and pivotal moment by boat Door, who was the leading freshman's serve his year over Spencery Farm is number nine. Let's see they're running into ghost in the Big Drama Stakes. The Big Drama seventy five thousand dollars seven proms on a dirt for three olds and up. Pure class is number one. Number two is of a Revolution. Number three is Dilger and Irish bread Shaq diesel is number four. Number five is life is Precious by word of trouble. Number six is air combat read by Hinkle far Arm and by blame and of course blame is stands over at Clayburn Farm and the Chilian bridos on as we're on the outside. So that's the Big Drama Stakes supposed to run to day. Well, we're talking from a Therber training center right now. Great place to train your horses, it is. It's thinking you can take your bring your yearlings out here and unbreaking them and start them out, got them jogging them out in a field around at five as from our track down below. Then when they get ready for some company and take them up up at the main track. It said, you know the Thrbert Center in case you don't know, is located on the Pirates Parish Election and roads and yeah, just past the country club on the right. Uh, they've got the mile track they got the five mile track, five eighth for ole track. They've got grass gallops. You can take the horse to the starting gate here. They've got official starter. They've got official They aren't good guys too, they know what they're doing. So it's the clocker. He's been over there for many a year now. They've got the grass gallops in the back. It's the facilities. It's a great The atmosphere out here's laid back, very quiet atmosphere. And uh, you can graze your horse, you know. And of course there's stall race out here. Very reasonable if you're looking for stalls, giving him a call. If you're looking for just maybe one or two stalls. Uh, the thing would do to be the Yeah, walk out on the two the to through. They go through the barns and walk around. Oh well, get late.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you a funny story.
Speaker 3: If you want to hear it, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Queen Elizabeth hid cordies, so everybody in central Kentucky. He had to get a cordy queen's dog. Oh you know, I mean they were everywhere.
Speaker 3: Why it's the queen's dog.
Speaker 2: So the queen died and someone of the relatives got stuck with the cordies. In the meantime, our old dog that we had gotten because she was tired, he was tied to the front gate died and he said, oh, poor Sammy. So he said, we gotta go get a dog. So we went over to the pound and they were all tan, and they were all kind of and there was this one little black dog and he wanted out of there so bad he couldn't stand himself. So we took him, took him and had him fixed and took him home. And he looked like us some kind of spaniel cross, you know, because he definitely was a spaniel. So we named him Spaniel Boone. Well, I started looking and trying to find out what kind of a cross he was because I'd never seen a cocker spaniel like that. Well, the new the people that are going to be King, Queen whatever, have just gotten a dude dog for their kids. Their family raises these dogs. They're called black Cocker Spaniels, and they look for all the world like boonie. Isn't that funny? So I guess we're going to see a bunch of boonies running around. I think that's funny. I don't want what the Queen's got I ain't driving no range rover, so take that here.
Speaker 3: But I tell you what it's we lost him, just see, not long ago, long ago. I cried like a baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we took him friend. Well, Matt uh Howard brought over his manages that farm, and he brought his bed over so that we could put him down while Ursa was holding him. You know, yeah, he died my lab Yeah, poor baby. So anyway, I think that's funny. It turns out he didn't need a Corgi. You have accidentally ran into a royal dog and he's gone with shame. That's the hardest thing about him and a pet. You know, they just when they're ready to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh well let him go. So if this was just getting these horses that.
Speaker 2: Died over the old that's a little album of horses that have died of old friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's really kind of nice because they're still not forgotten for crying it.
Speaker 3: Well, put hebe in there next year. Did you ask him?
Speaker 2: No, I think he said something of that effect.
Speaker 3: Oh I miss it.
Speaker 2: Yeah you were talking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, Well we lost Tobe last couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: They were so good about it out there, they knew that we wanted to be there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but anyway, they called us and they said they had to put him down.
Speaker 2: He was in a lot of pain, lot of pain and he.
Speaker 3: Was thirty years old. All right, that's it for the day and we're talking to you next week and thanks for listening.
Speaker 6: Happy T.