Speaker 1: Yea ripped up.
Speaker 2: Didn't need advice, so you don't have the.
Speaker 3: Come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 4: Man six is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez, Hey.
Speaker 5: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. We have a filled up studio at the Mothership and my studios filled up. We got two filled up studios. Let me I'll go to my wide shot for those watching, and we do have a lot to talk about today. First of all, in the studio we have Mitch Floria from the Art of Granted. We talk about him a lot, and again it should be called the Art of Countertops, I always say, because they do all kinds of countertops. What they call themselves the Art of Grantite, the Art of Granite dot com. And also we've known Mitch for many, many years. He does basically countertops of any kind, and just a really good guy we have here with me in the studio. We're going to be talking about some digital marketing and seos because I believe there are so many ripoffs in this industry.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 5: It reminds me of Carnival Barkers. You know, step right up. We can do this for you. We can do that for you. And the whole world of search engine optimization is changing along with digital marketing.
Speaker 1: No longer.
Speaker 5: Well, I shouldn't say Google is not the number one. Google is still the number one search apparatus, but so many other means of searching are being done right now. So I want to start with talking to all of my guests. I want to start first at the studio, and by the way, I should mention then the studio, we got major, Mark Major. A lot of people call him major mouth major, and certainly, no matter what you call him, just don't call him late for dinner. And by the way, Mark, I am so jealous of this creep. He just got a new X model Tesla. Holy crap. Is it nice looking? You've read I want? Well, okay, yeah, that's right. I'm sorry. But you guys have it, and you were driving around yesterday. Is it everything you thought?
Speaker 1: Mark?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's really cool, man, it's really nice, really roomy, great drive works great.
Speaker 5: You know those are very cool looking. But I noticed every single time somebody sends a picture of an X they got the goald wing doors open. It's almost like the trademark. I mean, I very seldom have seen them without the doors open. I mean because I wouldn't recognize them on the road.
Speaker 1: The X is.
Speaker 5: After looking at yours mark, it is distinct from the Model three, and of course from the Y and everything. Is it pretty roomy inside? Very now? I have always wanted next, but anyway, I just haven't gotten haven't pulled the trigger because my car is so new. Three oh three seven one, three eight two five five. Let's talk about let's talk about countertops, Mitch. This imagine is this a slow season? What's what's the season for countertops? Is there a season? Okay, we won't get a response from the studio right now, so I'll just know we got them. We got them, all right, Mitch? What is the season for countertops?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the slow season?
Speaker 7: It's maybe January, right off the Christmas, you know, New Year's.
Speaker 5: Is there a season though? Maybe just there a typical season. I would think that people want to spruce up their house I don't know psychologically during the summer and then basically I have everything done before school starts.
Speaker 1: Is that right or wrong? It's true.
Speaker 7: We get busy around July, July and August are very busy months, and then again before Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Speaker 1: Are are very because they want that new Ton. November always always very busy.
Speaker 5: Let's take a good Let's take a good sized kitchen in a newer home or not even a newer home. It doesn't matter, good size kitchen. From the time they select the stone to the time it's installed.
Speaker 1: It's usually what he.
Speaker 7: Should not take more than two weeks from when the homeowner chooses the slab and the shows us to layout, to go over pricing, you know the edge styles. They choose their sinks, and we come out with the plan. We we come out to their home and template you know, three four days out and then a week from there.
Speaker 5: That's pretty ambitious, man, Yes, that's pretty dang ambitious.
Speaker 7: And that's even if we tell it is in countertops, which we do on an installation day, so they're without a functioning SNK just for one day, maybe just a few hours. The guys are trained to measure over the existing you know, laminate or Korean or sometimes people don't pull grunt to install new new colors.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let me ask you something, how good does your website perform for you.
Speaker 7: Pretty good, I think, And we're always working on that. We're always always adding more information.
Speaker 5: And yeah, I think one thing that I've noticed and we have with me, I have with me Sean haiks Now. I've known Sean for about fifteen years and he's had several companies that he's he started and moved on. And his latest company is Simpler with A Y, S Y M P L e R. Simpler with a Y. They do SEO and digital marketing. We talked about common problems. I want to give an amateur view of common problem. I think one of the common problems is that search engines like to search the structure of the web of the website. I think the menu, structure, the pages, and they have to be logical. I think a lot of these websites, right from the beginning are not laid out in a way that search engines like them. That's just my amateur view of it. Sean, What's what is the most basic mistake companies make?
Speaker 1: I'm going to turn your mic on here, go ahead. Yeah, so I would I would say, probably not titling your pages correctly.
Speaker 5: Does it actually look at the type you mean? Titling with the H one headlines and H two and H three.
Speaker 1: So you have that. But but in the in the metadata and the header tag of the site, there's an actual title tag which tells Google what that page is about. So a lot of people will put their company name in it instead of what they actually do. So, okay, if you're a if you're a plumber, let's say you title it your company name. Well, that doesn't tell Google what that page is about. So instead of putting like I'm a Denver plumber or something along those lines, they have their company name. And so those title tags are probably the quickest way you can reverse your rankings.
Speaker 5: For you can start getting positive rankings just by changing titles.
Speaker 1: Just by reorganizing.
Speaker 5: And the menu structure is that important that it be logical?
Speaker 1: It is?
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You want to look at a menu as like a directory format, right, So you have services slash plumbing, and then under plumbing you might have drain repair, you might have toilet leak, you might have whatever you know subcategories.
Speaker 5: In my research, I found that And I don't know if this is true or not. I'm giving you my amateur opinion. I want your professional opinion. You are a genius.
Speaker 1: I can't give.
Speaker 5: Any specific examples because they're personal of what I needed him to do online and unfreaking believable how he does it. It's unbelievable you can make because some people like a lot of searches accentuated, others want them buried, depending on Really I'm serious. So do you ever get into reputation management?
Speaker 1: All the time? I got into it probably twenty years ago. I asked someone that worked for me, don't let go for a specific reason, and they went online and trashed me. And I started doing it for myself and I figured, wow, there's a lot of other people that need this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So that's digital marketing, reputation management also SEO. So let's talk. What I was about to say about SEO is that I was told a big mistake is they try to universally boost their searches as opposed to in their neighborhood or in their zip codes. And I was told that effective SEO is from the zip code outward for each company, and that technically you should have a page for each area. Almost is that true?
Speaker 1: It depends. So Google has specific guidelines. They're called Google Search.
Speaker 5: Essentially, we only go by Google right now.
Speaker 1: I mean, Google is kind of the big one, right, but it's changing though it is we focus on generitive AI search A lot of people media searches.
Speaker 5: I never go to Google anymore. I go to AI say where can I find this?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So AI is great. It still needs a little work, but well.
Speaker 5: How do you show up in AI? How do you how do you make a company show up at AI? Or is it is AI just searching Google?
Speaker 1: It depends, so like if you look at like chat GPT for an example, yes, or when you when you ask it for a specific recommendation. It pulls from different sources. One of them is Google. So if you do well in Google, a lot of times you'll see yourself pull up there. You have Gemini, which is a Google product.
Speaker 5: And then what about being? Do you do you kind of optimize? Is there one rule for all of them? Or do you have to have different rules for different sites?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Who's bing? No, I'm just kidding, that's it really Not a lot of people use being, but it is important. We don't ignore it. Typically, if you do well in Google, you'll do well in Bing, and you'll do well in a right.
Speaker 5: Okay, if you guys have businesses and want free advice, he will actually look at your website online and tell you what he thinks of it. This is a free review of your website, and he can tell a lot by just going to it and looking at some analytics. And again, if you're in business, you have a website, let us know about it. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Of course you can always call three oh three Martino twenty four to seven. Waterpros dot net. You take supplements, don't you. You want to be healthy, don't you. You watch what you eat right, and then you have crap water. Water is the number one nutrient in our bodies, and water with waterpros dot com or waterpros dot net the best water at the cheapest prices, that's it. Thirty thirty nine ninety five will get you a whole house system. Get rid of chemicals, plastics, get rid of all of that garbage, all of it for thirty nine thirty nine ninety five, and that includes reverse osmosis drinking. You don't beat it. Water pros on at three oh three A six two five five five four Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 9: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martinez here three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Reggie's got a question on search engines. Uh, we have an expert with a simpler We also have Mitch Feleuria the Artigranite dot com. Don't forget him and on we analyzed your website to the art of Granite dot com. Today, We're going to be painfully honest on everything we do here and one one guy asks, not one guy one. One of my dear friends asked to analyze his website as well waterpros dot net. Again, this has nothing to do with the business at hand. This has to do with their website only. What is your question, Reggie?
Speaker 10: Is there a way to get I'm driving and I can't. I don't want to violating the laws and trying to do the hands freeze. Any way, we can get ahold of this gentleman to do an SEO evaluation of our website later on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just tell tell us what your website is.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but can I do it later? I was thinking I didn't want to do it on the air. Is that possible?
Speaker 5: Oh? Oh, but why wouldn't you want to give your website on the air right now? I'm just curious because site I'm guessing no it is Reggie, because what kind of what kind of business? It's okay?
Speaker 10: Angel Institution. I want to check the fit partners to make sure it's okay.
Speaker 8: We do that.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I get I get what you mean. Man, listen, I'll tell you what We can also give out their information. How do they get in touch you? Simpler dot com is the easiest way, right s Y M P L E R. Simpler dot com. And if you want to leave, if you want to leave your number with Kelly, we'll get We'll have Robert, one of our one of his associates, get back.
Speaker 1: To you if you have on air questions.
Speaker 5: We love to hear it any on air analysis will do as well.
Speaker 1: So do you have.
Speaker 5: Anything to say about the two websites? In questions the artfgranted dot Com? Anything to help Mitchellong come and really again, we're not this is not a reflection on his business. This reflection on his website. Do you have anything to say about it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean with the with the art of granted, I would say kind of similar back to what I was talking about with the title tags. It has the business name in it.
Speaker 5: It doesn't say what he does, right, it should say would granted though be a good thing? The art of granted? Would that kind of safe?
Speaker 1: Having granted in the names? Good? But you want to have granite countertip in there?
Speaker 5: Denver countertops, Denver.
Speaker 1: Denver, Grantite countertops.
Speaker 5: It's not just Granted. He does all kinds of stuff, so Denver countertops or stuff like that. You can title a page anything you want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just needs to be relevant to what the page is about.
Speaker 5: Because if it's considered a doorway site, is that what you were calling it?
Speaker 1: Or a gateway what were you call it? The doorway pages?
Speaker 5: Doorway pages can penalize you.
Speaker 1: They can. Yeah, So if you put up information on a page that's designed to rank for a specific term, but send someone to a different area. And the website that could be considered a doorway.
Speaker 5: So you have to have the pages congruent with the names content wise.
Speaker 1: Content wise, and it has to serve a specific purpose.
Speaker 5: Okay, and that purpose would be to give information on that.
Speaker 1: So maybe it's a page that talks about the different types of granite or.
Speaker 5: The different types of countertops, coundtops in general, natural stone, aerials, available things. Okay, those lines, And so what about waterpros dot net. My friend Paul the Waterman, Paul Doubting, he's a great guy. What a freaking business he has. I mean, you can't touch his prices. But does that website get the deserved.
Speaker 1: So probably something similar it would It could definitely, you know, go we should go through the site and look at the different titles, same titles, metadata, heading tags, What.
Speaker 5: What kind of traffic do either of them get?
Speaker 1: So water Pros, I'm shown around three hundred and fifteen organic visits per month, down fifteen percent this month over over last month. Let me look at the art of Grand at air Artic Grand and I'm showing about seventy five organic visitors per month. That's very small, and that's like we've got to tuck off those social media and pay and stuff like that. But yeah, yeah, that's very small.
Speaker 5: Okay, So what about can you tell analyze what Facebook does for a company as far as traffic or yeah, or anything leads traffic or is that just is that up to the company.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'd have to have conversion tracking set up specific to Facebook and then you could do that through Google Analytics.
Speaker 5: Can you guys do that along with Instagram and other marketing we do?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: All right, so we got more coming up. I'm Tom Martino three oh three seven one three eight two fivey five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 9: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two I'm Tom Martino, You're troubleshooter. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three A two five five. Frank durand the real estate man will do an evaluation of your home to see what it will sell for right now based on interest rates, supply and demand, your neighborhood comps and all of that. Why would people want an evaluation because you don't want to go through the listing process. If you're not going to get what you want, you might be getting more than you think. Frank Durant will do that analysis. Three h three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Frank durand the real Estate Man dot com. I'd like to do an analysis on Frank. Uh it's Frank Durant Holmes dot com or Frank durand the real estate Man dot com. I guess they all go to the same site. And Dominic has a question for us. Dominic, what is your question about SEO? Do you have a site you want us to evaluate?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I Tom, I've got I've got a small excavation landscape company and i'd love I'd love your opinion on on the website and see how the SEO is doing. Back when I started the company about four or five years ago. You know, I didn't know anything about it, and somebody from actually my high school kind of set it up. So I'm sure there's room for improvement there. So if you could take a look at it, I'd appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Okay, So what is the What is your website?
Speaker 11: Yeah, so it's VPS Victor Paul Smith Middle Dawn Colorado dot com.
Speaker 5: So it's Victor Papa Sierra hyphen Colorado.
Speaker 11: Yep, Colorado spelled out dot com.
Speaker 5: Okay, by the way, I and what does the VPS stand for? Is it Property Service? Villano Property Services?
Speaker 11: Yep, that's what it stands for.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 5: Okay. See, this is another thing I want to explain. So many companies name their websites in a lame manner. Now I'm not trying to pick on you, Dominic, but what I mean is this, you were hell bent on getting Villano Property Services in the name. Nobody cares about your name in the website unless you're a personality like John Wayne dot com. I mean. But but normally, if you're like Vellano Property Services, website names should have don't have to have your name. In fact, sometimes it's detrimental to have your name in it. I mean, listen to this. I know a real estate person. Her name, it's a real person. Michelle Gerlowski Gerlowski. Michelle Gerlarowski. I was on with the SEO guy and her marketing guy when we were talking about a possible endorsement arrangement. She's out of Colorado, spree, A lovely woman, a great real estate broker. So nothing to do with that. But Michelle Gerlarowski Gerlrowski, I swear to god, do you know you can try?
Speaker 1: You can?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 5: It was she No, she's real estate right, No, she's an attorney, Michelle Gerlarowski. Okay, whatever it was. They were discussing marketing with us, do you remember that. So I'm on the conference call. I'm on the conference call, and I said, did any of you morons? I didn't say morons? Did any of you consider maybe changing the website name rather than Michelle Gerlarowski dot com?
Speaker 6: And if Michelle Michelle wasn't actually spelled the normal way either, No.
Speaker 5: It was Mashell, Maschelle girl Erowski or something dot com. Well, whatever the hell it was, I said, first of all, give it another name. Now, I really pride myself in coming up with great names. So we had another business wanted to get their business name in there, and I said, you don't have to do that. You say, I said, you're a car nannythcarnanny dot com. Because he had such a and he didn't use it, got it for him, didn't use it. And I said, here's the deal. Names don't have to have your company in it. They don't have to have your initials in it. They don't have to have anything about you in it. Get a good name. Okay, now, now referralss dot com. That says a lot right there, right Okay, Tom Martinez go, I'm the only reason I have that is because I'm a I'm a I'm a character on the radio. But normally you don't need your name and the damn webs URLs, Sean, I don't know. Do you find that URLs sometimes are so ridiculous to begin? Do you ever counsel people on the actual U ur l.
Speaker 1: Oh for sure? Yeah, if you can't figure out how to pronounce it, you can't, you know.
Speaker 5: And hyphens our death in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we usually don't recommend it hyphen in a domain name. If someone's starting a business, we'll usually look for something.
Speaker 5: That Dominic, what do you do? What do you do, Dominic? What is your primary business?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I do excavation and landscape, So anything to do with that, gravel driveways, finished grading, dirt work on a colverts. I do rock in multi install drained solutions.
Speaker 5: So you should have dirt in the name, maybe dirt moving. I'mrvhed I move dirt or dom moves dirt. I mean, I'm telling you you should have something so basic. Now, Mark, I want to credit him with a few he's done for us. He has found so many cool names for people that have advertised with us. It's amazing, Like I don't know, it's just amazing to me. The of the website itself is a mistake about ninety percent of the time.
Speaker 1: Well, we got one we're doing right now for Foundations, and it's called just Foundations.
Speaker 5: Now, that's it, bro, that's it, just Foundations. But if his name was gerl Erowski, we wouldn't say gerl Erowski foundations dot com, would we?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 9: Three?
Speaker 5: O three seven one three A two five five. Let's go to uh So, Dominic, did you look at his website? Let's tell Dominic what what you think of VPS. First of all, VPS you can't even say on the radio because you don't know if you're saying VPS, VSP or v VBS or and hyphen And then Colorado Berg. You might have a great business, and of course this has nothing to do with your business. But if I were you, I'd get a new r L and point it to to VPS dash Colorado dot com. But get a new get a new website name. That's my opinion. But what do you find about his site?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so same kind of mistake that everyone has. The title is home for the site versus what the what the product is or service?
Speaker 5: What he does?
Speaker 1: Dirt, there's no I would add service pages that are specific to each individual service offered. Right, traffic wise, it's showing nothing as far as organic goes no no traffic, no traffic from organic, So there's definitely some opportunity there there.
Speaker 5: So you're not getting anything from your website. So you say you have an actual SEO.
Speaker 10: Guy, I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, well that's good. That's good because if you did, I was going to say fire them. Okay, so you don't have to fire anybody. So the friend you know here, But but listen, you really should give someone a call that knows what they're doing. And I don't even know how you know if you know what I don't even know how I would know if they know what they're doing. How do you know? I mean, I've known Sean a long time, so I know he knows what he's doing, and he's proven it to me with a few tricks literally like pulling rabbits out of a hat online. But I don't know other companies and can speak firsthand. I know some of them seem to be pretty good. For example, Get Found Fast Good Company. Never had complaints about these guys, right Mark, Get found Fast and and uh they're still going strong. There are some companies that have been around and stood the test of time. But Dominic, you you need to get a new name for your for everything, I mean, get it you.
Speaker 1: You understand too.
Speaker 5: This is something people may not understand if they're hell bent on having their name or their initials like VPS hyphen Colorado dot com. You can have other u r ls that point to it, so it doesn't have to be It doesn't have to be one u r L. If that makes sense anybody else and then anybody else have questions.
Speaker 11: As far as that goes. If I end up changing the U the.
Speaker 12: U r L, the reviews would day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, of course none of that needs the change. Yeah, none of that changes because you're you're keeping the same room URL, but you're giving a new one to point to it. I understand. So yeah, so when it points to it. But I would come up with a more clever name, and uh, just something that says what you do.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: You're a dirt mover, you move earth. Do you do you do landscaping?
Speaker 11: I do, yeah, I do, you know, the more of the heavy equipment side of it, but more of the rock and multions tall stuff. I don't do any sprinkler systems or anything like that, but I do do some landscaping.
Speaker 8: Yop.
Speaker 5: Okay, well that's good now. Another mistake. Thank you for calling dominic. Another mistake people make. If you want your website analyzed, by the way, you don't even have to call. You can text me here seven four seven nine fifty eighty. Those who listen know that significance. I love seven forty sevens big airplanes nine nine nine is the closest to perfection I can get because you can't do ten, ten, ten, and then fifty two eighty is the my high city seven four seven nine nine nine, fifty two eighty seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty. You can text me or at the iHeart five seven seven three nine, so you can website. You can text me a website you want checked out. You don't even have to call now if you have questions specific to SEO, let us know. I do have a question for Mitch Flury. Mitch, somebody wants to know. Do you do concrete countertops?
Speaker 1: We don't do concrete counter tops?
Speaker 5: Are they kind of out of fashion now?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, in a way, I think yeah.
Speaker 7: And besides, there's the option of getting courts, which is a very high high quality product. You can you know, cut it then see me very nicely and it comes with great warranty.
Speaker 1: And concrete counter tops.
Speaker 7: I'm not very familiar, but I there's there's been problems in a pest with seeming seems would come apart.
Speaker 5: And yeah, so tell me what is what is the most popular the most popular thing you have right now?
Speaker 7: Well, natural stone is still very popular, grannite than quartzite.
Speaker 5: But which one is there? Is there one countertop that you say, you get the most calls about.
Speaker 7: Probably the quartz kind of tup is quart popular nowadays.
Speaker 6: That's what he did in our bathroom, man, and it is absolutely amazing and beautiful. And he did the windowsills he did around the tub. Hit transform you saw our bathroom. It transformed that bathroom built in two thousand and one to something that is absolutely gorgeous.
Speaker 5: Tom, Yeah, it is gorgeous. Mark when I walked in there, man was breathtaking. So is quartz natural or man made?
Speaker 1: Or is it?
Speaker 5: Which one? Is quartz and quartz site?
Speaker 1: Quarts? I thought, are the natural slabs? Court? It just like just like granite and marbles and such, the courts. He's an engineer's stone where.
Speaker 5: Okay, but the quartz is made from quart site.
Speaker 7: It's made from from natural stone, yes, some ninety four percent, and then they apply the resin and and the deffen dies and they come up with all these cools.
Speaker 5: Get it, I get it, But but so so most people are getting the quart site or excuse me, the courts.
Speaker 1: The courts, Yes, it's very popular.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that's made from quartz site three oh three seven to one three talks seven one three eight two five five more. Right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 1: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 5: Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter. We've had several people text us some sites to look at, and uh, one is Blue Sky Boulder dot com Blue Sky Boulder, and uh, the name of his company is Blue Sky Window Cleaning. So what do you think of that one?
Speaker 1: I'm guessing he probably didn't buy Blue Sky Window Cleaning because maybe it wasn't available.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I'm wondering why he has Blue Sky Boulder dot com. And he has Blue Sky Boulder. Do you only do Boulder if that's the case. Okay, but he also has Front Range Window Cleaning dot com. That's long, but that's pretty cool. Blue really front range window cleaning certainly gets the point across. Anyway, What about the site itself, so.
Speaker 1: Again, same thing as the other ones. Home is the is the title tags. That's the first thing Google looks at, right homeeg. So the homepage. Yeah, so in the title it says home, it should say, you know, window cleaning, services and whatever. It should be specific to the services offered.
Speaker 5: Okay, and what about the layout of the site itself?
Speaker 1: It's good? Yeah, I think you know, this is the first one that has the services listed out in a meaningful way.
Speaker 5: There's definitely exactly he has all of the services listed out inside outside pelas, storm windows, storm doors, interior glass, track cleaning, and that. Google loves separate pages like that, and you talk about each one. So whoever showed you how to lay it out knew what they were talking about, but they fell a little short. How's the traffic on that site?
Speaker 1: Terrible? Yeah, I'm showing zero as well.
Speaker 5: Zero traffic. Okay. What about pat And it's what's really weird is it's one word Patridge Realty dot com. Pat Ridge Realty. I thought that was his name, pat Ridge, but it's Patridge must be his last name or something. I don't know. To me, it's just again, what a terrible name for a website. But at least it says realty. But this is my amateuristic view.
Speaker 1: What do you think? Yeah, so similar to kind of everything else we're saying. One thing I did notice. So when you go under services and you click on like buying the perfect home for an example, and you click on explore, it just goes back to the homepage. So there's not a lot of depth as far as being able to build that out. And what does that mean?
Speaker 5: In fact, all of the all of the links go back to the they're broken links. Well they're not broken, they just don't mean anything. So those services should be spelled out and each in every link should have a separate page that spells out that particular service. Remember, service pages are good for each and every service you do. Don't make one page for all of your surchervices. So Google wants to crawl that site and they look at a heading like services. Then they go into that heading and if you don't have the services listed, that's a ding. If you do have the services listed, then they want to see a page for each service and in the areas you do. So, you have to be very specific on your pages as you drill down. Consumers may never look there, but Google and other search engines will. And the name pat Ridge Realty is hard to say. It's really hard to say. And Patridge, I don't even know why that? What about traffic? I should same shown zero zero traffic. So those are your sites there, folks. If you want one, give us a call, or actually you don't have to give us a call. You can you can do the the text to us and we'll look at the site. Chris, go ahead, what's going on?
Speaker 13: Tom, Beaumar, Bomar?
Speaker 10: There's tons of rich people. I'm Beaumar Rock Rock Bamar or what do you saying?
Speaker 8: Beaumar like Beaumart?
Speaker 1: He Chris?
Speaker 14: You know?
Speaker 5: Chris?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Man? What what is this call about?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 5: What's Bomar?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry? The domain name.
Speaker 3: For what?
Speaker 11: For the guy that wants a domain name?
Speaker 5: But what is Beaumar? What is it? It's name of an area in Denver. But why would that be a U R L for a company Bomar?
Speaker 11: The listeners?
Speaker 6: No, who Beaumar represents?
Speaker 5: All right, bro, take it easy Chris, Chris, go back to your vodka or jin maybe maybe I don't know, maybe Jack Daniels, whatever it is, go back to it. He just said, Bomar dot com.
Speaker 1: What the hell?
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, thanks, I'll tell you another one, jeffco dot com. I mean, what is bomar dot com? You don't just name it because there's rich people in the area. You have to have a reason for naming a site.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 5: But then again, trying to reason with him was weird. So Patridge Realty said, thank you.
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 6: Bonnie Trapper says, Bonnie.
Speaker 5: Funny. That's funny. That's funny. Okay, look at curb Scape Colorado dot com, curb skate. What is curbescape because they do curbs escapers?
Speaker 1: Are those fancy curbs? Yeah?
Speaker 5: God man, I wish I should just take a job doing nothing but coming up with URLs for people.
Speaker 1: Curbescape so the domains. Okay, the site looks maybe like it was built in the nineties. Curbscape, it's the one I'm looking at.
Speaker 5: Curbscape Colorado, Colorado dot com. Folks, let's talk about your website and more. Also, Mitch Fleerious of this from the artigradic dot com. Yeah, Curbscape is a terrible looking website. It's very claustrophobic and very weird. But as far as traffic goes, we'll talk about that coming up and any kind of suggestions three O three seven one three A two five five go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 9: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Please time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two yea.
Speaker 3: Ripped of news so you don't have come running.
Speaker 2: Just as fast as we can, Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 5: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hi Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. We got all kinds of things happening. We're talking about SEO and digital marketing. We're also talking about Countertops with Mitch Fleury from the Art of Granite. So it's a mixed bag today. If you have a website you want analyzed, of course a true SEO review, which is free and complementary from Simpler s Y M P L E R. Simpler it's simple with a why, Simpler with a Y. They'll do one, but right now we're doing quick ones, just initially to let you know about your website. And some people are getting some bad news. But it's better to have accurate news than not. This one website we were told to look at is Curbescape Colorado dot com. That's not really terrible Curbscape Colorado dot com. I found some other URLs that would be I think better. But the site is very weird looking and unattractive. Do you agree, Sean Sean is with Simpler Sean the owner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks like it was built maybe in the nineties. Okay, it kind of gives me that vibe.
Speaker 5: You know, it's it's not WordPress, is it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 5: So why is it off to the left like that? It's a style issue a.
Speaker 1: Line, yeah, I mean, and then some of the pages are I mean, they open them up and you'll see what I'm talking about, but they they open up and pop ups with I frames.
Speaker 5: How is the structure of the site, not the appearance, but the structure.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean like when you click on our process it comes up as a pop up, it should technically open up in a new page with a very detailed description of what the process is. Okay.
Speaker 5: And then what about the other links they have? They're all a lot of them are pop ups.
Speaker 1: There's there's not a lot of content, Yeah, very little, very little content. You know, you want to, you want to over, you want to you want to do what it's called topical.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you got to stop with the pop ups too, and then it just needs a whole complete redesign.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 5: What about traffic.
Speaker 1: I'm showing that they get about two visitors a month.
Speaker 5: Two visitors, that's like zero traffic people, two visitors a month. And do you like the name curbs ape? How does the title his pages?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it looks like he's targeting I mean, this one actually has some real titles in it. This one looks like it's targeting Lewisville kurbscapes. However, when I look at search volume, so it says curbscape ink Lewisville, Colorado, servicing the Colorado Front Range from Fort Collins Castle has the geographic location in there, which is good. There's just not a lot of search volume for anything else in there. Okay.
Speaker 5: Now, Frank durand the real estate Man dot com, you say gets excellent traffic.
Speaker 1: Well, so he gets a lot of branded traffic. What does that mean from us from the radio? Yep? So people hear the name and they go to Google, okay and search for it.
Speaker 5: And how do you know that?
Speaker 1: Because I can see how many people are searching for his name.
Speaker 5: Oh as opposed to going straight to it.
Speaker 1: Right, So someone for an example, home appraisal estimate is one of the keywords where he's on the on the eighth page of Google. But it shows that he's somewhere in the first ten pages, right, but it doesn't have his name in it. So we would look at that as a non branded search, which would be more so SEO trap. But he gets branded searches.
Speaker 5: Most of it's people looking for him. Yes, Okay. Is that good to have people looking for you as a result of other advertising.
Speaker 1: I mean it's great. I think having you know it shows that you're out there doing other types of advertising, which then can support.
Speaker 5: So if you add that to organic search results, you'd have a really double whammy winner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and typically what you see so he's at like ninety nine percent branded or non branded traffic. When you get the unbranded traffic that picks up, your branded traffic starts treming down, which is still good. It doesn't mean you're losing it. You're just getting more traffic though.
Speaker 5: So is it better to get traffic that's unbranded where they're not looking for you specifically, they're just looking for a service and you.
Speaker 1: Pop up right? Yeah, it is because those are the people that don't know about you. They're researching.
Speaker 5: Okay, they don't know about you, so they're new, whereas the other ones heard about you and are looking for you. Troy, you have a question, go ahead, Troy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Hey, I've got two websites. The first one is Falco Firearms dot Com. I've had that one up.
Speaker 1: And listen for.
Speaker 5: Falco Firearm Falco F A F A L C O.
Speaker 8: Correct firearms.
Speaker 5: What's Falco for? What is Falco?
Speaker 8: Actually the name of the band Rockmamadeas.
Speaker 5: But I'm in Falcon, Colorado, So okay, So Falcon firearms. You're a fire I see the website. Are you twenty one years or older? It says, is this your website? You sell guns?
Speaker 8: Yeah? On that one, and I've got another one Falco outdoors dot Com and the rest up. Another one was was because social media hates guns and I'm gonna mart Yeah, so.
Speaker 1: Did you tell what is this?
Speaker 5: So the significance of Falco is where you're located? Did you say?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 8: Kind of Falcon Firearms was already taken. So uh, I just dropped off the in on Falcon and went with Falco.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, it's kind of makes no sense to me, But I don't know. What do you think, Sean? What do you think about the site Falco outdoors dot com and Falco Firearms. Is he right when he says that social media doesn't like fine? I mean, can they actually can google in those people downplay like gun results if they want to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty bad, even even with knives and things like that, and that's what.
Speaker 5: Really similar and guns. They will downplay that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They won't let you advertise yea, and they can ban you as well.
Speaker 5: Oh so what about is Falco Outdoors?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean that's uh there's a lot of kind of tricks you can do to get around that. That's what that's one of them. It's the same thing with like the CBD space.
Speaker 5: It looks like he's listing a lot of stuff. How's the structure of his website?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good. Yeah, the titles could be optimized. They're not super specific.
Speaker 5: Your page titles are not optimized. What about traffic to that site?
Speaker 1: Very little traffic, not a lot of backlinks. Back links is something we haven't really talked about a lot, but does have a lot of influence. What is a back link? For example, like referral list dot com. You have a listing on there, they put their website on there that gives them an SEO credit from your site to their site. It's almost like a direct endorsement. Okay, one website to another.
Speaker 5: And so can websites help each other? Yeah, they can.
Speaker 1: You don't want to do reciprocal linking, like hey, link to man a link to you back Why is that penalize? Yeah, it's one of the things in Google's Webmaster guidelines. That's that's frowned upon for link manipulation. But if you're out advertising, if you're let's say, doing the Home Show and they put you on their website and they link to you. That's great, you get mentioned in a newspaper or write up things like that. That's so.
Speaker 5: Any links to your good. You can have bad links too, But what are bad links?
Speaker 1: So bad link? Google calls them bad neighborhoods. So if you think about like a reputation you hang out with someone, that's so if a.
Speaker 5: Bad page, like a bad porn page, links to me, that could be bad for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it could so. Google over the years has learned how to recognize these and automatically in most cases discount them. But then there's something called negative seo, which Google says doesn't work, but it does. It's negative seo. It's where I can trick Google. Let's say I don't I want to go after my competitor. I can build a bunch of links that essentially violate Google's guidelines and get Google to penalize that site.
Speaker 5: Really, you can get Google to penalize a competitor site.
Speaker 1: You can, yes, yep, and it happens all the time. I do expert witness testimony, not as much now but previous years for cases just like that.
Speaker 5: So I would go on and build links as if that company did it for themselves, right exactly. That seems like a flaw in the system.
Speaker 1: It is, and they over the years have said they've got it figured out, but they don't clearly don't. Huh.
Speaker 5: So any recommendations for Falco, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I would just I mean a good on page SEO campaign to rebuild titles, meta descriptions, probably some additional content. You want to do keyword clustering, so you want to look at like particular topics and then what people are searching around that topic, FAQs and things like that to include in your content.
Speaker 5: Troy, do you have any specific questions before I move on to another caller?
Speaker 8: No, but yeah I had I hired an SEO guy for the Falco firearms and yeah, you're right, there's a lot Charlatan's out there. Yeah. He kept saying, trust the process, trust the process. Well, I'm a nerd. I want to see the data. I want to see numbers, and he wouldn't show me any any numbers where we were actually improving anything.
Speaker 5: I agree with you, you got to see the number.
Speaker 1: I would say to always ask your SEO people for access to Google Webmaster tools also called Google Search console that'll give you all the raw data as far as what they're doing.
Speaker 5: Okay, now is that available to anybody? Can you look at mine? Can I look at yours?
Speaker 1: Can people look at You have to install a metadiscripe or some kind of verification code on your website one, so it.
Speaker 5: Does have to be germane to the site. But if you own it's your site, you can have as okay to it. Bob, you have a question, go ahead, Bob.
Speaker 16: Hello, how you doing?
Speaker 1: Good man?
Speaker 5: What are you looking for an evaluation?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I was just looking if I maybe get an evaluation on my website?
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 11: It's Amen Home Improvements LC dot com.
Speaker 5: Amen, as in the end of a prayer.
Speaker 1: Amen.
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, Amen Home Improvements dot Com. Oh wait, Amen Home Improvements LLC dot com.
Speaker 8: Yes, that's it.
Speaker 12: That's the one.
Speaker 5: Okay, hold on, we'll come back for that and more. On the Troubleshooter Show, we have one quick question for mits Floria the art of Granite Mitch. Someone wants to know if solid surfaces are still available like corean I even forgot about those. Are those kinds of solid surfaces still available?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 7: Korean, we don't fabricate that I think. I think it's available, but it's not as common anymore.
Speaker 1: And I think.
Speaker 7: Courts is not that much more expensive, but it's a lot harder and durable. So before you, okay, buy Corey and look into Courts, I highly recommend probably see that prices are not higher and you're going to end up with a much better product.
Speaker 5: And that's Mitch Fileuria Thelready granted dot com. I have another question, do you do they want to know lamin and granite or stone where you don't have to pull out all the counters and you just go over with a quarter.
Speaker 7: Inch No, we don't do that. I think in the past some companies were doing that. But we just we just pulled the whole conn of top off and we install new straight on a cabinet, and we do it on the same day. So it's not you know, we we don't tear out your connac tups weeks before, so you can okay, get your new condo tups the same day, the new seeing the same day, we can plumb it, install your facets, so it's got it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, So another word, it's not like you're tearing up the kitchen and holding it. So when they say that the laminates are quicker, I.
Speaker 1: Think a lot of homes are not true.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think a lot of homeowners are thinking that maybe when you get new con of tops, we tear out your kitchen and you can use it for several weeks. That's that's not the case with us. You get your new kitchen back the same day.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: The artigranted dot com three h three three eight six fifty nine nineteen. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Don't forget that thirty nine dollars fix It special for your air conditioner. Get the dirt out, Dirt and grime the number one killer fixmihome dot com book Now.
Speaker 1: It's only heartwarming.
Speaker 5: Yet, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're a truck shooter, you know, really and truly, a website is the lifeblood of your company.
Speaker 1: It really is.
Speaker 5: And if it doesn't do his job, it's not doing his job. So Bob wants to know about Amen Home Improvements LLC dot com. I like the Home Improvements for the LLC sucks.
Speaker 1: Bob.
Speaker 5: Did you put LLC on there because Amen Home Improvements wasn't available?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: I did not.
Speaker 10: It was at the choice of the person that I have host the site.
Speaker 5: But let me ask you this. You could have gotten Amen Home Improvements without the ll see.
Speaker 17: I believe so, yes, Well.
Speaker 5: Go get it right now. Why the hell would you ever add? Don't add stuff to a website name. People just do so many crazy things. Because he has an LLC, he probably thought, well, you should put LLC in there because you're at LLC. You know, if somebody advised you of that, they're they're more. No. I don't want to say morons, I insult my YouTube.
Speaker 1: Morons.
Speaker 5: They're idiots. Amen Home Improvements dot Com. Go get it right now, Go get it Tell him about his website.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I think it's it's on the right track. Low content.
Speaker 5: Oh go ahead, sorry, go ahead, thanks, Shannon, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no problem. Yeah, so it's it's going in the right direction. I think it's a little bit too much orange.
Speaker 5: But uh, as far as design, but he needs to be simplified. Now lines and services pretty well?
Speaker 1: Does it good?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, but the actual landing pages are a little bit low on content tense. You're want to expand that. Why is that a little bit? Because, like I said, Google wants to know that if if someone's going to your website, they can get an answer to whatever their question is. So if you're talking about like fence painting and things like that, you want to talk about like the different types of paint off paint.
Speaker 5: Off and why you offer certain would.
Speaker 1: You know with fences?
Speaker 5: How about the process we do this, this, this, and this.
Speaker 1: They like that.
Speaker 5: So Google loves detail.
Speaker 1: A lot of detail as much as you can give them.
Speaker 5: Okay, in general, the layout's good, Just go right now, please, And what was his reasoning for the LLC The guy that recommended that, you know, I think you just because.
Speaker 12: It was the name of my business and he just thought it was appropriate to do.
Speaker 11: Apparently he didn't know what he was doing, so I appreciate change it.
Speaker 5: I well, well, yeah, you never add stuff like that. Ink ink is up is inc I n C or I in K LLC Why LLC? I mean, it's just it's just useless, useless. You don't need it. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five Teresa, what's going on with this clinic? Teresa?
Speaker 18: Yes, good morning. It's not a clinic. It's Apria Healthcare and they provide oxygen and.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm sorry, Okay, got it? Apria Healthcare. What's the problem with Apria?
Speaker 18: So I'm well, I'm calling on behalf of my son that he's at work today. So we've been helping him out with his payments because he's been off work all last year because of his health situation. But the bottom line problem here is the equipment that he needs is a BYPAP that he uses overnight. It's like a CPAP, but it has an additional function.
Speaker 5: And what's the additional function. What is the additional function here?
Speaker 18: Anto your lungs. But it also removes the carbon dioxide that's supposed to come out of your lungs. Apparently he was sleeping.
Speaker 5: So tell me something, what is your son's candition.
Speaker 18: He's got well, he's got a lot of issues. He's got respiratory issues. He was having a hard time getting enough oxygen. He had pneumonia last year and didn't quite recover that well, so they put him on oxygen and then he was falling asleep in the middle of the day even when he's driving.
Speaker 17: So he did a sleep.
Speaker 18: Test at National Jewish and they prescribed a BiPAP machine for him to use. It okay, and it's working. It's been working just great. But it comes through with the Apria company. They're the ones whoized the oxygen concentrator and they're the ones who provide the BiPAP. Now, last year, our son was out of work all year because he was falling asleep and he couldn't function. This year, with the BiPAP, he's been able to stay awake and he's doing a lot better. But on the bypath was supposed to be a rent to own situation, and last year he was on Blue Cross Blue Shield and last year, since he wasn't working, we were paying his Cobra payments and it was rent to own condition. Is what they explained to him. Problem is it's all verbal. So as we were coming toward the end of the year, our son's got a job. He's got a nice job that he really likes right now, and that's where he is right now, which is why I'm doing the phone calls. But toward the end of last year, we knew he was going to be not using Blue Cross anymore. So I at that time called AFRI and I asked him what the remaining balance would be for us to pay off was left on the bypath, and they refused to give me an amount. They told me that they had to have a purchase order from Blue Cross. I called Blue Cross. Blue Crosse told me that they had never heard of such a thing and that they didn't have any kind of purchase order or agreements on that level. We could not get anybody to send us anything in writing on the agreement. However, our son did see a technician from afrilocally when he received the equipment, and that technician told him that was rent to own, and he says, by the end of the year most of it should be paid off.
Speaker 5: So now, yeah, but Teresa, Teresa, Teresa, if you don't have any evidence of that at all. You're never going to be able to enforce it. You don't have one written document signed by anyone that it's rent to own.
Speaker 1: And that's the problem.
Speaker 18: We'd like to just pay it off or buy it, and they won't give us even an amount.
Speaker 5: And well, how about going somewhere else to buy it? What I'm asking is is maybe it's silly, but why don't you just go somewhere else and buy it?
Speaker 18: You know, I'm not sure if that would work.
Speaker 5: Well, let me tell let me, let me help you. A bypap a BiPAP machine you can buy on Amazon, So I don't know do you need a prescription for it? I don't know how they do it on Amazon.
Speaker 18: I think my son had one originally and it went through Apria because he was on oxygen and Apria was a supplier at the time and they supplied.
Speaker 3: The So.
Speaker 5: Have you thought about just buying a bypap machine?
Speaker 18: You know, I'm not sure if we can do that. We might have to, but you know, I'm just kind of stuck. I've been trying to call Apria again today and I can't get through to anybody.
Speaker 5: Okay, let me make this easy for you. Teresa, you have absolutely nothing to go on. Nothing. You have nothing to go on except you've been renting it. They're not going to let you pay it off and and and magically go back and retroactively credit those payments if you don't have a purchase agreement. I'd love to help you, Teresa, but you're not one person there is acknowledging.
Speaker 18: It, right, Yeah, okay, that's been the problem. So if he buys a BYPAP machine, if we get one safe from Amazon for him and we want to return this one, we can just stop paying for it.
Speaker 5: Right Well, actually, you should be able to just.
Speaker 18: Return it, pardon me.
Speaker 5: You should be able to return it and say we don't want this anymore.
Speaker 18: Okay, all right, yeah.
Speaker 1: We listen, we can do that.
Speaker 18: I don't know if we need a Yeah, I don't know if we need a prescription for this or not, but I guess we can.
Speaker 5: I think you probly well you do for a CPAP machine, so you probably do need one. I I just don't know what to tell you though, as far as I just don't know what to tell you as far as now here, Okay, I'm on a site now that sells them directly. It's CPAP dot com, but they have bipapmachines and they have them for sale. They're seventeen hundred dollars okay, yeah, and seventeen hundreds Apria. Yeah how much? Well, and by the way, do you pay anything to Apria for that or does insurance cover at all?
Speaker 18: Well, insurance is supposed to cover it, but the deductible for the insurance he has right now is over six thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: So it's you should just buy a machine. The most expensive machines now, they're all BYPAP machines. The most expensive is about thirty five ninety nine thirty six hundred, and the least expensive is fifteen hundred something. So go to this website CPAP dot com seepap dot com. That is that, I know it says CPAP, but it also has BiPAP machines. Thank you for calling. I hope that helps you. I'm Tom Martino three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 9: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find Out Now three oh three seven seven to one help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom, Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. We have a number of things going on in this show. We're talking about website optimization, search engine optimization, new digital marketing, and what's wrong with sites doing free evaluation of business sites. We're also That's Simpler dot Com Simpler with a Y, and we also have Mitch Fleer from the Art of Granite dot Com. A question for Mitch, Mitch, somebody wants to know if they have a art nook. Do you do just countertops or can you do an art nook?
Speaker 7: I'm not sure what he's asking. We can use the slab stool.
Speaker 5: Okay, there are there are There are artnooks that have sculptures in them. They sent me a picture and it's like a bay window, but it's in a wall. I mean, there's no window there. There it's just a cutout in a wall, an indentation, and usually the flat part has some kind of stone sometimes would what do you know about him?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean you see those all the time in.
Speaker 5: The statues, grandfather, clock, plants, whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's an easy job.
Speaker 7: We can we can install the shelf maybe he's referring to, or maybe we can.
Speaker 5: Install the probably what it would be, Yeah, we can dress it would be a shelf niets, yes, yeah.
Speaker 13: Hey, Mitch, can we get back to the kitchen countertop for just a second ahead. So, in the case of my own kitchen, I sometimes set a bottle of wine on the counter and then I don't move it until the next day, and there's like that, invariably that dark red ring.
Speaker 1: So what kind of counter do you have?
Speaker 13: Oh, it's I really don't know what it came.
Speaker 1: I really don't know.
Speaker 13: The stone kind of Yeah, it feels like some kind of plasticky stone. It's some kind of a it's definitely a synthetic material. I just don't know what it is. But Mitch, So, so for people like me, what is the last material that I should consider for a countertop? And what is the best material I should consider absorption. Yeah, well, or resistance to stain absorption, because I do.
Speaker 1: That's good point.
Speaker 13: Mystery stain mugs and glasses of wine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what you know, I've noticed even on granite you can get sustained. What causes stains and how do you avoid them?
Speaker 7: So the natural slabs like granite and quartzites and marbles, they're poroues. They they absorb water or they absorb you know, if you if you if you spill coffee or wine or a dark fluid, that that that will soaking and they will leave a stain behind if it's not sealed properly, which we do when we install natural stone. But then again going back to the courts is non porous, so if you spill something on it, it will it will not stain, and and if you leave the mark, you can just simply clean it.
Speaker 13: So the confusing part about the term quartz. I'm used to quartz being like the rock that I find along the trail in the mountains. Yeah, but in your industry, the term quartz means a synthesized material.
Speaker 5: The courts is the natural sp see is quartzite, yeah, which they call chord site in the entry.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so we don't get confused. The court what they call quartz is actually the engineer stone, the man made product that they what.
Speaker 13: Is a powdered stone with resins.
Speaker 7: It's about ninety four percent of natural quard site and granite that they mix together and they apply these these dies and resin and they you know, then then they make these slabs, they polish them and and and that's why they're non pores because of the resin that they use and and so so they will not stand the very very durable uh and their heat resistant. But yeah, the courts, the rocks that you see in nature, that's that's the natural courts that they call chort site, and the corridors slabs as well, just like the granite, and that's pores and that should be sealed and that's you know, the crew does that upon installation.
Speaker 13: How often do you reseal it? I mean I clean my countertops a couple of times a day, you know, I wipe them down with like a spray solution and paper paper type. Doesn't that remove the ceialant? And so in my case, how often should I reapply the ceilant?
Speaker 7: The seilers nowadays are much better than back in the day. We used to have to seal twice an year or every other year. The seilers last many years anymore. Yeah, you shouldn't have to seal it for a while. If if, if the installer did a good job, it's good to go.
Speaker 19: Yes.
Speaker 20: So does granted ever have to be resealed, Yes, every so many years. But again, the seilers are so much really now it's not on every other it's not in every other year deal anymore.
Speaker 5: Okay, we have a request to review a site Cheyenne Mountain Dental dot com. Did you look at that, Sean I did?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me pull it back up here.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm going to come back to that and more coming up. If you have a website, if you're in business and you'd like it evaluated, give us a call. If you have any questions about SEO or about granite countertops or any kind of countertops, give us a call. Or any problem question or complaint, give us a call. Full service here on the Consumer Troubleshooter show. More coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 9: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, I'm Tom Martine here three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. What's new with you? Okay, So, Cheyenne Mountain Dental dot com. It's a little long for the name, but what is it?
Speaker 1: What? What? What is it like? Yeah, so this one's a little bit refreshing. So it looks like they've they put a little work into it. Good. The service pages are great. They do have good titles and meta descriptions and things along those lines. They do get a little bit of organic traffic, okay, but but yeah, I mean overall, looks like it's going in the right direction.
Speaker 5: And is the traffic pretty good or pretty low or.
Speaker 1: It's let me just double check. I think it's about two three hundred a month.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's uh and it's mostly branded, so that's good.
Speaker 5: It's unbranded, meaning people are finding them because of their se.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, a lot of their their blogs rank which is good.
Speaker 5: So what would you give them as a grade from A to D and not an E?
Speaker 1: But you want to say probably a C. And the reason why is because the traffic isn't consistent. Yeah, it's you know, has its ups and downs. But as far as the on page goes, it looks like it's so a C going, Yeah, it's.
Speaker 5: Going okay, good and and uh, we have a question for Mitch Floria. Mitch on the uh on the quartz material. Can you get weird colors? And I don't know what they mean by weird colors? Can you are does it? Let's just ask it this way. Does quartzite excuse me, quartz which is made from quartzite and it's perfect, flat surface, beautiful. Does it come in very in a variety of colors?
Speaker 1: He does a lot of colors and shapes.
Speaker 7: So many years ago and they started this, this these quartz when they first made it, you know, the slabs they will just speckled the uniform solid colors. But now there's a lot of variety. There's all there's a lot of veins, there's a lot of pathern, you know.
Speaker 5: Can you get a solid solid color?
Speaker 7: Yes, there's a lot of solid colors there. Every manufacturer would would have their own version of a white or or a gray. But if they're looking for all sorts of colors, we have one.
Speaker 5: They're looking for. They're looking for a pastel pink. I swear to god, I'll.
Speaker 1: Have to look to see what the manufacturers have.
Speaker 5: I've seen pinkish stones before. I've seen I've seen some granite sometimes in marble that that near pink.
Speaker 7: Yes, natural stone can can definitely come in pink, pinkish colors. Yes, Well, if they're interested, we have over eight hundred collars of the showroom.
Speaker 1: They can stop by and check them out.
Speaker 5: That's something I never realized you can. You can just check out sample colors at the showroom. That's pretty cool them. Find out more at find out more at the Artigranite dot com. Okay, so Stone Creek Limited Ltd. Or Stone Creek Outfitters dot us. Speaking of that, what do you think about the dot us? The dot net, the dot beer, dot you can get dot everything, dot porn hurt so I'm told What do you think about the dot stuff.
Speaker 1: I'm a big fan of the dot com just because consumers are training.
Speaker 5: Do you think that the dot com is going to maintain its dominance?
Speaker 1: I mean there's there's less and less good dot coms out there, so that's one of the reasons why people are going to these.
Speaker 5: I don't think whatever. What is dot or doopular dot what?
Speaker 1: Dot ai is becoming a popular one, you know across uh technology companies, just as dot io is dot io? What's that? That's yeah, like the one I just show.
Speaker 5: Then you have dot biz there's I mean those they're called what a top level domains? You have TLDs top level domains? What is the cost to start one of those?
Speaker 1: No idea, But I did look into it a long time ago and it was, uh, I want to say it was like two three hundred grand back when I looked at it.
Speaker 5: Wow, to start a top level and do you get a portion of everything this signs up to it?
Speaker 1: I'm not sure. Yeah, that's a great question.
Speaker 5: Three O three seven one three eight two five five Mitch Fleuria, somebody wants to know do you still do the free bathroom when you do the kitchen by the way we do.
Speaker 7: We are for a free uh part of the room with the purchase of kitchen countertops, and we also include the sinks as well.
Speaker 5: Oh that's very cool. Okay, that's and we got more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Stick around on the Troubleshooter Show. Any problems, questions and complaints, any consumer stories, any consumer problems, give us a call. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 9: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Rip need advice?
Speaker 1: Who you don't have?
Speaker 3: Come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help. Come man, This is.
Speaker 1: The Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 15: Now.
Speaker 4: Tom Martinez Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: We're solving problems, answering questions. Taking Colaiint's talking today about kitchen countertops, bathroom vanities, natural stone, man made materials.
Speaker 1: Also SEO.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what a what a crazy mix, right SEO and digital marketing? Is your website up to snuff? Are you getting what you're paying for with se O? We're doing independent looks, no, no angle, just looking at your website now. Obviously we're limited to what we can do here on the air live, but at least it'll give you some indication. Someone here said that they want to have their website evaluated Stone Creek Outfitters dot com Stone Creekoutfitters dot com and they said they have people doing se O they want to know. And by the way, they also Stone Creek Ltd dot Com goes to the same website. So did you look at it yet, Sean. Sean Hagks is with Simpler, a digital marketing company that's s Y M P L E R. Simpler with y Did you look at it?
Speaker 1: Yes, I took a look at Stone Creek Outfitters dot us.
Speaker 5: And would it be the same for Stone Creek Ltd dot com if they both go to the same place.
Speaker 1: It looks like they're different.
Speaker 5: They do.
Speaker 1: They are different, are separate?
Speaker 5: Oh they are? Okay, So what about then, I don't know why they would ever do that. Stone Creek Outfitters dot us. What does it look like?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this one again, it looks like it's on the right path. I do see that their traffic has improved since March, which is good. The navigation is a little bit overwhelming, so I don't know.
Speaker 5: I thought that Google loves navigation like that with all of the different services.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so think about it when you when you nest a child category under a parent category and a hierarchy standpoint, do.
Speaker 5: You think they have too many? Too many categories? Yeah, so you have for the consumer or for the se O for both.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you want to have it where the you put the appropriate child category under the parent category. So if it's fishing rods for example, and then you break it down by subcategory like types of fly fishing and whatever, you know, all that underneath it. So but yeah, I think it's uh, it definitely looks like someone's working on it. So that's good. How about traffic, Yeah, so traffic wise, they get close to about seven hundred or so organic visits that's good for a month. Non branded is ninety four percent of it, so that's good. Ninety four percent of the people going to the website haven't heard of them before, that's good, and about six percent is branded. So talking to the mic there show, Yeah, so it looks I mean, their their peak for traffic was back in December of twenty four and they've slowly gone down since then. But it looks like they started recovering.
Speaker 5: And what about the other one, Stone Creek Limited. Why would they have two separate websites. That's weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's I mean, it looks like it's kind of similar.
Speaker 5: It is similar, It has the same it has the same menu structure, but a different kind of I don't know, overall frame.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that one was doing well in August of twenty four and it's pretty much nonexistent now, so I don't okay, that one's gone down.
Speaker 5: Maybe they switched from that over to Stone Creek Outfitters dot com dot us.
Speaker 1: And if they did, they should do what's called a three one redirect to permanently redirect that from.
Speaker 5: If you don't redirect from an old site to a new one, it could really penalize you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could run into You know, Google doesn't know which one to rank if it's a lot of the same content, so it could it could actually drop the rankings for both of them.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you, give us a call three oh three, seven to one three talk or three oh three Martino three oh three, six two seven eight four sixty six. Bonnie has an AutoNation Subaru issue, Bonnie, What is going on with you? Hello?
Speaker 1: Bonnie?
Speaker 5: Hello Tom?
Speaker 16: How are you today?
Speaker 9: Good?
Speaker 5: What's happening?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 16: My niece bought a twenty thirteen jeep Wrangler JK at AutoNation Subaru the eighth of March, and about a month and a half later here in April, she got a check engine length day came on when she went around the corn to drop her daughter off at the bus stop.
Speaker 5: Hold on, hold on, when does she actually buy it?
Speaker 16: She bought it on three on March eighth, she bought this.
Speaker 5: And how many miles are on it?
Speaker 16: She had one hundred and seven thousand, two hundred and seventy three.
Speaker 5: About one hundred and about one hundred and seven thousand miles. Then mm hm, And what I want to know is what happened? And how long after you said it was? So she bought it in March, and how long after was the first problem?
Speaker 16: Okay, let me say, let me look at the calendar, because we're at the twenty second so I believe it was the week of the seventh of April. I think it was the eleventh, because we're going on almost.
Speaker 5: Two so about about almost a month. It was right out a month later, well, a.
Speaker 16: Little after a month, just a little after a month, okay, it's a two hundred and mile warranty or a month so, and she was pat the two point fifty in the month.
Speaker 5: So after a month, what happened?
Speaker 16: She took her daughter check.
Speaker 10: It out, which is just right.
Speaker 16: Came on. She immediately got out, checked it. The jeep was low on oil, but it had oil in it, so she drove it back home and she went in another vehicle, got some oil, put the oil in it, and it didn't clear the coat. She does have a code reader to put into the ECM, and it came up pdo six'. SIX i think IT'S. DD i do have it on my.
Speaker 5: Phone well that means nothing to. Me did she ever get it checked out by a? Mechanic that's what really.
Speaker 16: Matters, yes she brought it up to the house AND i worked for a local municipality where we do all of the fleet fire everything, please so they looked at. It the only thing we found with the jeep was the plug for hauleing a trailer was not. Attached it was hanging. Loose but other than, that we had it up on the. Lift everything was. Fine the oil looked, good it was nice and. Clean the transmission we didn't see anything other than a little bit of surface rust and a couple of spots underneath and that. Plug that was the only thing that was.
Speaker 5: Found so now What.
Speaker 16: So it is that she does have a warranty on, it but they're denying.
Speaker 5: It, WELL i don't even know what the problem. Is you haven't even told me what the problem. Is all you said was there's a check engine. Light what's the.
Speaker 16: Problem, well the problem is the solenoid on the oil pump, failed which is a common problem on the three six and THE jkjp.
Speaker 5: Wranglers, now now the oil. Solenoid who told you the oil solenoid, Failed.
Speaker 16: Well that's the code that comes, up and the dealer also confirmed.
Speaker 5: It but did they confirm the solenoid is, bad, yes and how much will it cost to?
Speaker 1: Replace they're not giving that.
Speaker 16: Impel they're just going back and forth with the warranty, company and we can't.
Speaker 5: See, No i'm not talking about the warranty. Company i'm not talking about the warranty, company And i'm talking about how much would it cost if you replaced the oil. Solenoid certainly the dealer can tell you that the.
Speaker 16: Dealer hasn't told her anything.
Speaker 5: Nothing, okay then you need to you know, What i'll get. IT i can get a price for you in ten. MINUTES i just can't believe you don't even know what the price. Is so you're screwing around with the warranty. Company what kind of warranty is? THIS i thought you said it was only two hundred and fifty.
Speaker 16: Miles that's just from the. Dealer she has a take, okay but what other?
Speaker 5: Warranty what other warranty does she?
Speaker 16: Have she has another warranty THROUGH i believe it's Then gagis or it's called v R, ITAs and it covers everything power. Train we're in a pri call all components for ten. Years.
Speaker 5: Okay so she and she paid.
Speaker 1: For, this and she paid for this under ninety.
Speaker 16: Eight, yes it was added to the.
Speaker 5: LAW a ten year, WARRANTY a ten year. Warranty, yes what does she pay for?
Speaker 16: It threety?
Speaker 3: Eight?
Speaker 5: Wow and how many? Miles is it ten? Year and how many?
Speaker 16: Miles it's unlimited mileage on that?
Speaker 12: Warranty are you kidding?
Speaker 3: Me that is?
Speaker 16: Great, well, yeah well it is if they uphold their part of the.
Speaker 13: Bargain so did they give you a reason that they denied your warranty?
Speaker 5: Claim?
Speaker 16: Yes they said she ran it out of. Oil and it's, like, no, sorry she didn't run the car out of O.
Speaker 13: Oh so there's so there's a bigger problem than the. Solenoides this is the engine destroyed now because it was allegedly low and.
Speaker 5: Oil, dan what is wrong the?
Speaker 3: Engine?
Speaker 5: Okay do you have any idea what condition the engine is.
Speaker 16: In they have not said there was any issue with the. Engine they've said it's the oil pump.
Speaker 5: Selenoid, okay hold, on let's Get kevin coalkin. On i'm going in circles. HERE i need to find out what it's going to cost to, fix because this whole thing may not be worth. Fighting, Okay, NOW i don't understand why they're turning it. Down they say she ran it low on. Oil you said the oil was, low but that's not the. Issue how do they know she ran it low on? Oil did she say it was low on? Oil and she, added how do they know?
Speaker 16: That, yeah she told them that it was. Low it read on the, stick but it needed some. Oil it was not blow where it was crucial and she needed to tow. It she's mechanically in, kind she's not. Stupid she wouldn't have driven.
Speaker 3: It so.
Speaker 5: Okay but What i'm saying is the warranty is denying the claim because she admitted it ran low on. Oil, yes, okay but running low on, oil running on low on, oil it depends on how. LOW i. Mean it wasn't starved of, oil, Right.
Speaker 16: No absolutely? Not and So, tom how did it run?
Speaker 18: Up a full?
Speaker 5: Word the oil?
Speaker 16: Go there's no oil underneath that. Car so did it go through the intake manifold for the? Oil?
Speaker 15: Go no?
Speaker 5: Oil here's WHAT i want to. Know here's WHAT i want to. Know what do you mean where did the oil? Go what difference does that make to? You are you saying that the oil went somewhere and therefore the engine was defective and they should pay for that part of.
Speaker 16: It, Well i'm trying to figure out where the.
Speaker 3: Oil, was, so.
Speaker 1: How much?
Speaker 5: Oil how much oil was? Missing how much oil was missing when she ran it?
Speaker 16: LOW i believe she put a court in half in AND i think that's.
Speaker 5: Well that's not.
Speaker 1: Terrible that's not. Terrible that's not. Terrible that could happen over.
Speaker 5: Time did it have full oil when she when she bought it the day of? Delivery did she check her?
Speaker 16: Oil, yes and we checked it here it was full and she checks her oil every.
Speaker 8: Morning so where.
Speaker 16: Did that going through?
Speaker 8: IT i don't, know and it was a prior.
Speaker 1: PROBLEM i know where it went.
Speaker 5: Shook what do you, Think, dimitri where do you think you all? WENT i hope you're Getting Kevin, Caulkin, yes he's on hold on where do you think the oil?
Speaker 1: Went to?
Speaker 13: Me, TOM i predicted oil was burnt in the. ENGINE i mean Super us are known for being.
Speaker 5: Huge i'm going to talk To Kevin, caulkin shared and A, hi my.
Speaker 1: Wash Super us like, This.
Speaker 16: Kevin it's not a SUPER, u it's a jeep. Wrangler it's a jeep, Wrangler.
Speaker 5: Kevin, kevin let's take a. Break i'll Take. Kevin i'm going to Take Kevin colkin right after, this WHEN i know he'll be on three oh three seven one THREE a two five Five go with a sure Thing denver's best Roofer Excel roofing dot.
Speaker 9: Com you don't pay a cent until you're.
Speaker 5: Content time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty. Two Hi Tom martine, Here welcome to the. Show three oh three seven to one three talks seven one three eight two five.
Speaker 1: Five SO i Have.
Speaker 5: Kevin calkin on the. Line shared in autotech dot. Com one of our auto, Experts shardan auto tech dot com three oh three four five five seventy forty. Two kevin on a twenty thirteen Cheap. Wrangler so she bought it with one hundred and seven thousand miles on it From AutoNation In March about a month, later.
Speaker 1: The engine light came. On it was low on.
Speaker 5: Oil she added about a quart and a half and it did not clear the. Code some friends checked it out who had ro. Expertise no problems were. Found the dealer found a failed oil. Solenoid what does an oil solenoid? Do what does that?
Speaker 17: Doll it's like a pressure swift, basically but it does have oil pressure and can.
Speaker 5: Lead, yeah, okay so it. Could, Okay and that oil solenoid the purpose is to do what.
Speaker 17: It regulates different pressures For, okay operations and things like.
Speaker 8: That.
Speaker 5: Okay, now she has a ten year unlimited mileage. Warranty by the, way, anyway the warranty is denying the, claim saying she ran low on oil and that's the problem with the. Solenoid would the solenoid fail from being low on?
Speaker 17: Oil, no it's the other way. Around the solenoid fail does caused the?
Speaker 13: Oil?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay So, bonnie is there any kind of an appeal process.
Speaker 16: Surround? That and we keep going in a. CIRCLE i mean it's just we're not getting any answers, here you, KNOW i, mean.
Speaker 5: We may have to give this.
Speaker 8: Go.
Speaker 1: Ahead, WELL i.
Speaker 16: Was just going to, SAY i looked up the videos on. IT i, mean it's you have to drop that oil. Pan it's right there at the bottom of the, engine and it's a pain in the butt to get. Off you could do it on the. Lift And i'm sure that solenoid is not very you, know not very. Much if it's the, pump it's a little bit more so with a good as mechanic you prob we talking maybe three hours on a lift and the parts or maybe one hundred and eighty.
Speaker 17: Dollars, yeah it's not a huge.
Speaker 5: Job. Yeah and and this there is no deductible on this policy.
Speaker 15: None, okay so you feel they owe you this repair and they deny it because she admitted running low on, oil but running low on oil would not have Caused.
Speaker 5: Yeah but, Okay so probably the oil leaked out of the. Solenoid that's probably where it. Went but in any, case.
Speaker 17: There's other things on the jeep you got to look. At on the oil cooler can cause, leaks and it's chronic on. Jeeps it's up on the intake metofol can cause oil to get. Lower but a court and a half is not going to damage a. Solenoid, No and.
Speaker 16: Because LIKE i, said there's no oil underneath that. Jeep it's not on the bell, housing it's. Nowhere So i'm my, mechanics said intake.
Speaker 12: Manifold, yeah let's.
Speaker 5: See well he just, said that's that's the oil cooler on. Top he, said that's near the intake. Manifold so here's WHAT i think we should. Do we should give this To Deputy. CHOPPER i haven't assigned him anything in a, while and let's let him take information From kevin and call the warranty company to see if we can get them to. Budge that's what we should.
Speaker 16: Do SO i have, HER i have that number time AND i also have for warranty remember on her.
Speaker 5: Information you hang on and we're going to get your. Information, chopper why don't you take a stab at? This james has a question on a website for. Evaluation, james what are you looking to have? Evaluated the website is psausa dot com and what do you.
Speaker 16: Do we're in the packaging, business packaging suppliers.
Speaker 8: Of america.
Speaker 5: And that's why you have THE. Psa see. Again this is again this is a prime example of where someone was convinced they had to have their name or initials in the, name and it tells you nothing about what the company, does and it's kind of a wasted. Opportunity whenever you have a website name that doesn't describe what you. Do it's not a death, noew it's not like it's, terrible but it is a wasted opportunity because you have no idea what psausa dot com does at. All, Nothing so that's one strike in my. Opinion, however what is the website, Like we're going to look at it and come back to, You, sean it's pa say dot psausa dot. Com hang on and we'll come right back to. You I'm Tom martino three seven one three talks seven one THREE a two five Five go with a sure Thing Denver's best Roofer Excel roofing dot. Com you don't pay a cent until you're content than time for an insurance check, up free no obligation comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one.
Speaker 9: Help you'll think you're his only.
Speaker 5: Customer when you Choose frank durand The real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty. Two Hi Tom martino here three on three seven one three talks seven one three eight two fivey. Five if you need a will or a, trust or you want to drop beneficiaries deeds or pay it on death, Certificates dan mackenzie McKenzie Law Firm Mackenzie law can take care of that for. You dan, Mackenzie he's very. Reasonable he's a great guy and easy to deal, with very personalized. Service eight three three co plans eight three three co plans or Co plans dot C. O he's our expert here on estate.
Speaker 1: Planning So.
Speaker 5: James has a, question then we'll go to that one. Website somebody asked About, james what website were you thinking?
Speaker 1: About psausa dot?
Speaker 5: Com and that's what we looked, At so let's Ask. Sean you said it was.
Speaker 1: Interesting, Yeah so this site has a ton of. Opportunity it's twenty eight years, old which is huge in the eyes Of.
Speaker 5: Google it's a twenty eight year old.
Speaker 1: Site the domain name has been registered for twenty eight, years which is. Great the site itself is not good. Though the product pages are not. Indexible go so, really it's just a couple pages that are actually showing up In. Google so if this site was to get rebuilt in a search engine friendly way and those products but into a real product catalog and, optimize the site could.
Speaker 5: Explode why would it explode because of its.
Speaker 1: Age it's, age it's, history it's you, Know google has authoritativeness as a. Signal this is the site has that just because of how long it's been. Around so it does have the potential to do really. Well, now it does get a good amount of a decent amount of traffic twelve a.
Speaker 5: Month, okay that's pretty, good.
Speaker 1: But it has the potential to do significantly.
Speaker 5: More so this has great potential because of the age of the R, l but the site is not fully. Indexible do you do you understand what that? Means do you guys do? That if he needed a rebuild or redesign for or, that can you guys do?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, yeah we do that all the. Time.
Speaker 5: Yeah so it's simpler dot com with A y again And i'm serious about THIS S Y M P L E. R, Yes and by the, way simpler dot. Com but by the, way you, Know sean came here as a friend and we're you, know obviously you wouldn't mind doing business with, you but you know our purpose here is to give you, complimentary complimentary advice on your. Sites. Here, Okay, phil you have a question on home listings for. Sale what's going?
Speaker 15: On?
Speaker 21: Phil, well you know there's so many scams these, days people selling houses that they don't really. Own is a listing on M mls guarantee that the.
Speaker 17: House offer is legit for?
Speaker 5: Sale, yeah it is well ON, mls hold on what they put you.
Speaker 1: Through ON.
Speaker 5: Mls you can be assured that the owner or a qualified broker listed. It, however that doesn't mean that people USING mls calling themselves a selling. Broker you, see anyone can sell a house ON. Mls so the fact that it's listed ON mls is, legit and it's usually a legit home BECAUSE mls.
Speaker 1: Has very strict.
Speaker 5: Standards, however If i'm a dishonest real estate person or a con, MAN i can use the listing ON mls to lure you in and make you believe THAT i have authority to sell that, house AND i could take earnest money at the door and you'll never see me. Again so THE mls isn't the. Problem but anyone can sell off of. Mls do you understand?
Speaker 21: That so how do you guarantee that you get a real estate agent that's.
Speaker 5: Legit you go to frankdin and the real estate man Dot. Com that's how you guarantee. It you want to know the, truth that's what you. Do you, go, well you go to, Someone, okay hold, on hold, On here's how you do. It if you we're out of, state are.
Speaker 12: You, No i'm buying out of. State i'm In?
Speaker 19: Colorado.
Speaker 14: Okay what you do is you, okay what you do is find a national real estate like a Cold Well banker or A, remax and you find a qualified broker owner from one of those.
Speaker 5: Franchises that's how you find legit. People and you can also check with The board Of. Realtors. Realtors not every this is something people don't. Understand not every real estate broker is a real. TOUR a real tour is a designate nation for those who belong to The association Of realtors and have The National association and the Local association Of. Realtors in order to get that, designation they have to have certain. Certifications so if you go to The florida hold. On if you go to The Florida association Of Real tours Real, tours you'll find a good.
Speaker 21: One, well let's say work for an agency that has a lot of a lot of realtors or real estate.
Speaker 12: Agents that's a promising sign.
Speaker 5: To, yeah, yeah like A remax or A Coldwell. Banker but you can. GO i just looked it up the nationals excuse, me The Florida association Of realtors and the url Is florida Real tours dot. Org you will absolutely find the right people if you deal with The Real Tours association three all three seven to one three talks seven one three eight two five. Five you have a website you want to see. Evaluated, okay let's see referral liss dot. Com we want to hear the down and dirty referral liss dot. Com why, not somebody, Said, tom why don't you guys do your Own let's see how it. LOOKS i have no. QUALMS i want to hear the truth about what the website looks. Like, Sean, Oh i'll take you more than a split, second, RIGHT i just went to him a second Ef, OKAY i have a question For Mitch. Fluria the artofgranite dot. Com, okay someone wants to know if you have a shine on your granite and you want to leather, it can you do it after it's been installed and for a few. Years can you turn that, texture that that surface into something else or are you stuck with what you had in the.
Speaker 7: Beginning, well you're probably stuck with what you, have just because if we bring our tools in your, house it's that means moving our fabrication shop inside of your.
Speaker 1: Home, shoot you don't want us to. Do that would make a lot of.
Speaker 5: Mess Cat so, well let me ask you this is it Even is it even worth removing it and having it done or would you just get a brand new?
Speaker 1: ONE i will just start.
Speaker 7: Over just find the slab and if you uh have a lot of them are already pre leathered from the. Factory and that's the best way to go. About and if you, find if you fall in love with a slab that's that has a like a shining glossy, finish we can leather it in a shop before we fabricate it into your.
Speaker 1: Countertops that's the way to.
Speaker 5: Go, okay all, RIGHT i appreciate. That and that's the artigranite dot. Com we have more coming up on The Troubleshooter, show AND i want to tell you about a very important. Thing if you're having that old shub replace that's the shower tub combo that you have to step. Over they often have curtains or these diffuse glass from the fifties or, sixties, seventies. Eighties, listen Renew Home innovations can replace that with a beautiful rectangle shower with just wonderful prim, dreams, seats grab, bars soap.
Speaker 1: Dishes you make it to your.
Speaker 5: Customization end sheet, porcelain which is Breathtaking Renew Home innovations Dot com three o three nine zero four two. Thousand go with a sure Thing denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot.
Speaker 9: Com you don't pay a cent until you're.
Speaker 5: Content time for an insurance, checkup free no obligation comparison Call Compass. Insurance pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find Out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty. Two Hi Tom, martino Your troubleshoot three on, three seven on three talks seven on, three eight, two five to, Five, robert what is your question for us today on The Troubleshooter, Show, Robert.
Speaker 22: I'm AN, EMT i volunteer to rush bloods of hospitals and. Emergencies how can we get a domain name for medstats for a volunteer organization that hospital people can access and just learn more about what we?
Speaker 10: Do is there somebody to get it for?
Speaker 5: Free, well they're so inexpensive you have to register. Them you're not really paying for the website. Name you're paying for the registration of that.
Speaker 10: Name, okay and even and.
Speaker 5: Even for non even nonprofits have to pay to register THE. Url but it's as little as what sean eight nine bucks a.
Speaker 1: Year it depends on how you go, through but eight nine dollars eight and nine dollars a.
Speaker 5: Year, brother we're not talked talking about a lot of, Money, Okay SO i, suggest, Well i'm going to tell you how you go to GoDaddy dot com and open an. Account, yeah but remember whoever the caller is that doesn't that eight bucks is only for that, name that doesn't include website design or anything else at. All, right that's to register and for website, design you, know that's another. Story once you get the url like you, know we rush blood dot com whatever you. Do so once you get your, website.
Speaker 1: Then you have To now you have.
Speaker 5: To get a website. Designed and here's where most people really drop the. Ball AND i, know nonprofit with no, money it's, hard but most people drop the ball with who they get to develop their. Website they usually get a nephew or a cousin or a friend of a. Friend for some, reason in the business, world the designing of websites has been relegated to non professionals or people who call themselves. Designers they take more care and obviously their, car their, mechanics you, know their healthcare and all of. That but when it comes to designing a, website it's really amazing to me how some major businesses will hire schlock people or or use friends or neighbors to do.
Speaker 6: Websites your step and you should take as. Much griffin kicks ass at. Him he was showing me the stuff he's. Designed that dude is.
Speaker 5: Good, yeah, yeah, yeah. Yeah now you have you have companies you can call like the one we have here. Simpler they design and do, websites but there are a ton of people who design.
Speaker 1: Them OH i didn't, Know.
Speaker 5: Yeah they. Do they do websites from the ground. Up their forte is using is using THEIR seo and marketing. Capabilities but, yeah they can design websites And, robert you, know if if you don't need a lot of, work you can get it done relatively and. Expensively start with GoDaddy dot com first and get the, name and then what you can do is find a company to do a very basic website because you're you're not trying to get rich off of. It you're just trying to get people to utilize your, services which are. Free AND i think sites like that tend to grow on their own because it's a closed knit. Community so it's a lot different than regular big commercial sites when you have a closed knit community like. That, understood all, right all, right thank you. Go daddy dot com is where you. Start, okay we have one question here about a. Website somebody wants to know if they have an old website UR, l but they want to get a new R. L but the old one has credibility because it's been around a. While what do they do do they forward the the NEW url name to the old? One is that how they do it without without sacrificing Eye it's a.
Speaker 1: Little bit of a. Process but you have to find all of the old URLs that were indexed By google because they have links and things pointed to, them and then you have to do what's called a three oh one readerc to remap it to the NEW. Rl but you will lose a little bit of.
Speaker 5: That but the moral of the story is the older the u R, l the more credibility it.
Speaker 1: Has typically not all the. Time sometimes URLs are used for spam and other, reasons but if it's a legitimate, business typically they're.
Speaker 5: Yeah now we asked you to look at referrals dot. Com, okay well B b straight and honest with a slap us in the.
Speaker 1: Face it's it's pretty. GOOD i, Mean i'm showing about forty five thousand ish organic visits good for a. Month, excellent and, uh there's you know some things you could do online which will tell us tell us some of the things that are just kind of restructuring the. TITLES i know the software that it's you, know, using SO i could help you kind of, tweak tweak some things the category directory. Yep so the categories are so we.
Speaker 5: Can rename things to help us even.
Speaker 1: More. Yeah, so like on a, category you don't want to have like category, plumbers you want to Have denver. Plumbers you, know as an example for that. Category you don't need to mention category in.
Speaker 5: There but what would would that ass out of Castle rock?
Speaker 1: Plumbers, No so with e directory you can add add tags in, there which will then create you, know areas, served which will create new pages for.
Speaker 5: Those so you can go into people's existing sites and tweak them.
Speaker 1: Definitely, yeah, yeah we. Don't we don't usually like to recommend a new website unless it's absolutely.
Speaker 5: Necessary, okay so you can tweak what they have. Yeap typically all, Right, mark did you hear that some of our titles could be tweaked a?
Speaker 1: Little?
Speaker 5: Robert oh, WAIT i think we just Took. Robert yeah we, did, Okay trio three seven one three eight two five Five Mitch floria The artigranite Dot. Com somebody wants to know if you do big kitchen, islands AND i would say you, do, Right, well what's they want to? Know the widest you can get a slab without seeming.
Speaker 1: It if we can get it through the front, door we'll do.
Speaker 7: It they get as big as maybe maybe eleven feet long by by a bault no pooling seven feet.
Speaker 8: Wide.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah if there's a well o case so you don't have to seem. Something if you can get it through the.
Speaker 7: Door, yeah would rather say and and and uh and and trucks there and put in a bigger.
Speaker 1: Piece, yes that's.
Speaker 5: Okay we got more coming up on The Troubleshooter. Show go with a sure Thing Denver's best Roofer Excel roofing dot.
Speaker 9: Com you don't pay a cent until you're.
Speaker 5: Content time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose Frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 1: Two, yeah.
Speaker 3: Ripped of you need?
Speaker 2: Advice who you don't?
Speaker 3: Have come running shoes as fast as we.
Speaker 2: Can shooter's gonna. Help come man.
Speaker 4: Six is The troubleshooter. Show, No Tom, Martine.
Speaker 5: Hey Tom martino here three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five. Five we're talking all kinds of consumer issues. Today let's go To. Wendy who has a problem with a. House your, House, wendy or what kind of? House go, Ahead, Wendy, yes.
Speaker 19: It is my. House. Okay we purchased The, yeah we purchased the home in twenty twenty, two and the owner told us that it had some water issues of water intrusion that come into the. Home AND i specifically asked him before we bought the, house have you had Enough colorado monsoon rains to make sure that the, water you, know is not still coming into the, house and he assured me that it. Had well Of july of that same, year of twenty twenty, two we've got water into the home. Again and SO i have.
Speaker 5: Sued, Him, wait how long after how long after you moved?
Speaker 1: In did you get the water.
Speaker 15: In?
Speaker 19: July we moved In april and In.
Speaker 8: July oh my.
Speaker 5: Gosh, okay so, okay so, no, NO i mean you're saying that he you, see this is an odd one because you're not going to get the guy a non. Disclosure he disclosed he had of water, problem but he fixed, it and to his, knowledge if he fixed, it he wasn't lying to. You if he truly believed he fixed, it it would have been worse for him if he denied it all together and you could prove that it was. There SO i think he kind of insulated. HIMSELF i, mean are you going to try to get him to pay for? It is that your entire?
Speaker 1: Goal that?
Speaker 19: Is that is my is my?
Speaker 3: Goal?
Speaker 19: Yes THAT i.
Speaker 5: DON'T i don't think YOU'RE i don't think you're going to. Succeed in my, OPINION i don't think you're going to. Succeed did any one tell you had a good?
Speaker 19: Case my lawyer has SAID i have a good. Case, yes, Okay so.
Speaker 5: Here what is it going to take to fix the? Water but he disclosed it to, you.
Speaker 19: But but it said it was a failure of a front streen. System but he replaced the front strain. System but that wasn't the real. Problem the problem was that the stoop negatively float towards the front.
Speaker 5: Door and how much is it going to cost to? Fix how much is it going to cost to fix.
Speaker 19: The driveway to fix the problem was eighty thousand.
Speaker 5: Dollars, OKAY, I, WENDY i want you to do what your attorney tells you to, do Because i'm not your, attorney BUT i will tell you you're going to, lose, Okay And i'm going to tell you why he disclosed the problem to you and to his. Knowledge unless you, see here's WHERE i believe attorneys air in representing people in disclosure. Cases it's not if there was a, problem it's if he truly knew there was a problem and truly withheld it from, you or misdirected or lied to you or covered it. Up he said there was a water intrusion problem caused by such and such and he had it. Fixed if in his mind he believed, that and experts may have led him to believe. That you can't get him because he was, wrong unless you can prove he intentionally misled you and mister directed you to what he had fixed when in reality he knew it was something. Else, now are you prepared or is your attorney prepared to prove that your attorney said you had a good. Case what is your attorney basing that?
Speaker 19: On, well the other thing is THAT i contacted his concrete guy that did the, work and he told me that he gave him a year warranty on the. Driveway and we were told from him AND i have an in writing in the contract of the house that there was no warranty on the. Driveway so he did buy about. That the concrete guy says.
Speaker 5: That hold on a, Second, Wendy, Wendy, wendy how is that connected to the. Water so the driveway guy said he gave him a one year. Warranty is that? Correct? Yes, now how do you know the driveway guys telling the?
Speaker 6: TRUTH i don't even understand what the driveway has to do with. It is it the slope of?
Speaker 5: Etherway, So, Wendy, wendy the fact that he lied about not having a. Warranty, Okay, wendy, Listen Oh, God i'm trying to get you on track. Here if the driveway was the cause of the problem and this guy did not know, it he wouldn't call for a warranty.
Speaker 1: Issue to begin.
Speaker 9: With and, again that warranty.
Speaker 5: Issue that he didn't tell you, about how did that contribute to the, Problem because most warranties don't go to the new owner, anyway did this concrete guy tell you that the warranty would have been transferable to.
Speaker 12: You, no but when we bought the, house then there was still time between when the driveway was fixed In, june before We june of twenty twenty, one and before we got water in the.
Speaker 19: House it was just less than a month Of, wendy miss you you're.
Speaker 5: Claiming you're claiming seller could have had the driveway fixed under warranty and did. Not how did what if the seller? Didn't if in, fact this is bolstering the seller's argument because the seller could, say wait a, minute IF i knew it was the, DRIVEWAY i would have had it done because it was under. WARRANTY i didn't think it was the. Driveway that's WHY i had the other thing. Fixed, wendy do you understand the level of proof that you need to prove that this guy purposely misled you and withheld. Information you're saying because he didn't tell you about a warrant on the driveway that makes your. Case is your attorney telling you this or ARE u surmizing it on your? Own because if your attorney is telling leading you down this, road did the attorney also tell you that it would take a minimum of fifty thousand dollars to bring the. Lawsuit did he tell you that the average non disclosure case in real estate is going to be around fifty? Grand did he tell you?
Speaker 19: That he didn't quite say fifty, Thousand he said about thirty.
Speaker 5: Thousand, oh, okay if you believe you can get it done for thirty that's a, deal then not. Fifty so do you think you're going to get attorney's? Fees did he tell you you?
Speaker 1: Would? Well and is her money to actually go?
Speaker 9: After, no What i'm saying is she's not going to get attorney's.
Speaker 5: Fees she's not going to get attorneys.
Speaker 6: FEES i don't care if they grant her attorney's fees in an extra million.
Speaker 1: Bucks how much money does a guy?
Speaker 5: Have that's another. Thing does the guy have enough?
Speaker 19: Money it's the issue that is the. Issue because we did A, eoa and he owns another. Home he purchased another home while he still had this, home while he was still supposedly living in this. Home he purchased another home In Marksburg.
Speaker 5: College and, wait and you make it sound like that's some gastly. Deed the fact that he was supposedly living in that, Home, wendy you're building a house of cards.
Speaker 1: Here you don't have.
Speaker 5: A oh that's one of your that's one of your building blocks against the guy that he had another.
Speaker 12: Home, no but he.
Speaker 19: Didn't live, Here so how would he know that there was a water issue going? On if you didn't live.
Speaker 5: Here, exactly how would he? Know you're making his case he wasn't even living, there so he can SAY i thought it was. Fixed there's no requirement that somebody live in a house they're.
Speaker 9: Selling there is no. Requirement let me put it to.
Speaker 5: You this, Way, wendy AND i WISH i was talking to your more on. Attorney there is no requirement that an owner know about every problem in their. Home there is no, requirement zero requirement that you know there's a. Problem if you do know there's a, problem you have an obligation to disclose it on the real estate disclosure. Form, however you are not required to state a problem you're not sure if you don't know. Exists if you think a problem was, fixed and you tell SOMEONE i had a problem AND i got it, fixed and if you believe, that then then so be. It and the fact that he didn't live there bolsters it even. More you're making a case for him with everything you. Say he had another, home he wasn't staying. There how could he possibly know he still had a. Problem he had some kind of one year warranty on the. Driveway if he knew he had a, problem why wouldn't.
Speaker 8: He use the?
Speaker 5: Warranty the driveway guy, SAID i would have come and fixed. It so you're building the guy's, case you're not building. Yours convinced me that this guy purposely misled you when he could have had the driveway fixed free of.
Speaker 1: Charge, well the.
Speaker 19: Fact that this water problem happened the former owner was this the exact same problem. Happened so this problem has been going on for, years years and years and, Years, okay and it happened in the excess sent. Place he came to my.
Speaker 5: House, well let me ask you. Something did you have your home? Inspected, Did, wendy did you have your home? Inspected what did the home inspector? Say what did the home spect say before you bought?
Speaker 12: It they did.
Speaker 19: Not they did not find any moisture in the. Home they didn't find any moisture in the. Cross they they didn't find any moisture because it was it was.
Speaker 5: Dry did they find that the did they find that their driveway was negatively sloped to the.
Speaker 19: House they did not look at. That that was not.
Speaker 5: Evaluated mine is WHEN i had a home, inspector they looked at all of. That in, fact in one of my, homes they recommended that we have a landscaper come in and tamp the soil around the foundation and provide a positive slope away from the. Foundation, wendy, LISTEN i know that you're upset because you think you have to spend eighty. Thousand by the, way that's way over. Exaggerated, OKAY i don't for eighty thousand dollars you can put a new foundation on a. House SO i don't know who's giving you maybe a little more than. Eighty but what are you having done for eighty thousand dollars to correct this? Problem tell me what you would have?
Speaker 19: Done, well more concrete had to be poured on the other side of the house because we were getting water into the cross space and it was coming in through that side of the, foundation running down the.
Speaker 12: Foundation what's on that?
Speaker 5: Side what's that side of the foundation? Now what's there now where the water is coming in on the other, side what's there now.
Speaker 19: Concrete?
Speaker 1: Steps concrete?
Speaker 5: Steps can you have to put a new concrete.
Speaker 19: And, well it Wasn't there wasn't concrete stuff.
Speaker 12: There it.
Speaker 19: Was it was just.
Speaker 5: Ground but wait a, minute SO i Had WHAT i don't understand is that side where you're having water. Infiltration what do you have to do to that side of the house other than add soil and add a positive flow away from the. Foundation why do you have to add concrete.
Speaker 12: Just to be able to so that?
Speaker 19: There because there was soil there before and it was just it was two moist that never kept the water. Away it just pulled. There so we made it.
Speaker 5: Concrete but you don't need To you don't need to make it, concrete is What i'm. Saying it could have been a Gravel it could have been a gravel slope away from the. House it could have been any number of things to help with. That it didn't have to be. Concrete, WENDY i want you to check with another, attorney And i'll tell you who you check. With Scott sullen S U L L E ed the premier attorney when it comes to real estate disclosures and construction. Defects Wendy, man you're going to be so disappointed when you sue and you spend thirty to forty, Thousand it'll never be thirty, thousand never. Depositions getting to the court house steps is twenty FIVE i don't care what any attorney tells. You that's exactly what it. Is i've been through fourteen. Lawsuits there is not one lawsuit in the world where you get to the courthouse steps for under twenty five. Grand does that mean the trial's going to be five grand for a total of Thirty. No what this attorney might think is that he's going to get the other guy to. Settle But i'm telling you that you are going down a, very very dangerous path where you're going to spend money and you may not, win and even if you do, it it'll be a hollow victory because you're never going to get eighty thousand.
Speaker 1: Dollars.
Speaker 5: Never, Now i'm telling you this not BECAUSE i don't like. You i'm trying to focus, you and this is all just my. Opinion And i'm basing my opinion on fifty years of taking complaints on the, radio and many of them disclosure. Issues And i'm going back through my memory banks and hardly any of them were ever, successful ever ever. Successful so it's one of the most difficult lawsuits to, win other than malpractice is a non disclosure. Issue so this attorney, said would he work on contingency then if he thinks you have a great, case or maybe he'll, guarantee maybe he'll guarantee that he'll sue for attorney's fees and if he doesn't get, him he doesn't get. Paid I'm Tom. Martine we have more coming. Up go with a sure Thing Denver's best Roofer Excel roofing dot. Com you don't pay a cent until you're. Content time for an insurance check up, free no. Obligation in, comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now THREE o three seven to seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance nine two zero sixteen twenty. Two Hi Tom, martino your troubleshooter three oh three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five One Clear Choice Garage doors for All your garage door needs One Clear Choice stores Dot com an. Opener parts of the, opener the, door parts of the door were entire new doors or new. Openers they have the latest and the greatest in, technology including a battery time to close feature and emergency Backups Wi fi enabled One Clear Choice doors Dot. Com so we had someone who wants us to Evaluate no coastyle dot. Com no co For Northern. Colorado it looks like an online, Magazine No Coat. Style did you look at, It, sean what do you think of?
Speaker 1: It, yeah it's a nice. Sight it's. CLEAN i like all the. Images as far as AN seo side of, IT i guess. IT i don't really know what the intent. Is i'm guessing it's to get people to the articles right to read, THEM i, imagine and the and the.
Speaker 5: Adverts they have the best of no, code they have homes. MERCHANDISE i think, AGAIN i don't know the purpose of it. Either that's WHERE i would Have No Coast style your online magazine For Northern. COLORADO i, mean in other, words cut lines or. Something people should never have to guess what you. Are IF i stumbled upon this, PAGE i wouldn't know what it. Is let me see about meet our Team, okay let's see what it's. About No Coast style is the regions leading lifestyle resource that connects readers to the. Community wonderful that should be on.
Speaker 1: Homepage, YEAH i mean it's a great looking. SIDE i agree at. That it has a lot of, potential just against some minor structural things like their homepage for, example very prettle tags as home it should Say No Coast style maybe spell out With Northern Colorado. Style have a good tagline on. There so it's it's going in the right. Direction LIKE i, said it's got some potential.
Speaker 5: To the cut line on every page except the front. Page No Coast style is the regions leading lifestyle, RESOURCE i would, Say and that's another thing we need to.
Speaker 1: Do be.
Speaker 5: Clear No Coast style is the regions leading online magazine connecting the community With Northern colorado or or excuse, me resources In Northern colorado to the. COMMUNITY i mean you we focus on, people, places events that Make Northern colorado a special place to live and. Work that is all, wonderful but you're burying it with it's not on your Front is it on your front? Page let me, See, no it's. Not it's nowhere on your front. Page that's where it should. Be it should be the very first THING i come to WHEN i come to your front.
Speaker 1: PAGE i want to know what you.
Speaker 5: Are IF i have to search down menu trees to find out what you, do it's not going to.
Speaker 1: Work people, think.
Speaker 5: WELL i got to put that about us that goes in about.
Speaker 1: Us no it.
Speaker 5: Doesn't it should go right where people can see it when they first tune into a. Page what about the titles of their? Pages they could definitely need some.
Speaker 1: Work i'm looking at the events calendar right. Now, okay example it you know it goes to. Subdmain but what it should say instead of no co style, events it should say like northern or events In Northern colorado or events and for.
Speaker 5: College they're minor tweaks for this. Site but it really is a good looking.
Speaker 1: Site. Yeah and structurally it's, Good, yeah it really. Is so it just needs minor.
Speaker 5: Tweaks AND i put a cut line on the front your source For Northern colorado living or, whatever something that tells us what you are.
Speaker 9: See don't ever ever make.
Speaker 5: People try to figure out what you do with who you. Are ever be as simple and simplistic as you. Tense the name simpler dot com S Y M P l E. R it is simpler because the simple way is sometimes the smartest.
Speaker 1: Way don't overthink.
Speaker 5: It don't overthink. It that's exactly what is the other? Site someone asked.
Speaker 1: About Aurora Basements Aurora.
Speaker 5: Basements and again they do more Than. Aurora so they Do, Aurora, Parker, Castle rock At Rappo county And. Centennial he texted, Me so why call Themselves Aurora? BASEMENTS i don't, know better than? Nothing what SHOULD i don't know what they should Do aurora and beyond.
Speaker 1: BASEMENTS i don't. Know but my guess is they probably started In. Aurora, okay that's where they you, know and then They.
Speaker 5: So what about the?
Speaker 1: Website, yeah so it looks like someone's been working on. It there's definitely some some good location pages and good the service pages are, there you, know like basement finishing And aurora And parker and things like. That, uh missing a lot of. Content there's a lot of opportunity to add more, content like the basement finishing. Pages as basement, finishing it should say basement finishing in ye city and then have more information about.
Speaker 5: That, Okay so that's BASICALLY i think opportunities missed.
Speaker 1: Here, yeah and they get about one hundred and fifty visitors a, month which you, know if you it isn't, terrible but it's not, terrible but you're probably only getting a couple calls a month if that from?
Speaker 5: It what was the first thing you would do For aurora basements dot?
Speaker 1: Com probably fix like the heading tags on the services pages and then expand on the. Content like you, know there's some some basic information about basic. Finishing but what do you? Do do you?
Speaker 8: Do?
Speaker 1: Remember more? Details do you? Do the more detail the? Better, yeah wet, bars whatever you? Know add all that to.
Speaker 5: It three oh three seven to one three talks seven one three each Five DID i take the thirty?
Speaker 1: Break? Come i'm losing track?
Speaker 5: Here DID? I, okay let me take a break right. Now we got more coming up on The Troubleshooter. Show three oh three seven to one Three talks seven one three eight two five Five go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot.
Speaker 9: Com you don't pay a cent until your content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find Out now three oh three seven seven to.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 5: Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty. Two Hi Tom, martino you're troubleshooter THREE o three seven one three talks seven one three.
Speaker 1: Eight two five. Five all, Right so what have we?
Speaker 5: Learned if we want to sum up about, websites what we learned is if you can you don't have to have the name of your business.
Speaker 1: In the UR. L you don't need the initials in.
Speaker 5: There you don't have to bend over backwards to make it mean something to, you like, tmp dash, xyz you know. SLASH i, mean just have a simple name that kind of hints at what you. Do and if you already have A, url you can get a new one and point to the old one and it goes right to the old. Site but here's the, point that is your first. Step most everyone they have terrible. URLs i, like WHEN i look at a website Like denver was the discount bath dot. Com there is no doubt in your mind what discount bath dot com does the art of. Grant it's pretty. Good i'd like to see the art of countertops or countertop our art or you know, Something but the art of grant is pretty. Cool the only thing is With, mitch AND i Know Mitch fluria is our guest. TODAY a lot of people might think you only do. Granted maybe maybe. Not What i'm saying is it gives you one more burden for. Marketing that's all you want to take away burdens for. MARKETING a burden means you have to prove or disprove or point somebody in a. Direction so you want. Something so many people they do two. Things they either try to get their name in there or they do something, clever but it has nothing to do with what they. Do it might be, clever but it has nothing to do with what they. Do, now once you get to the site after THE, Url sean, said most of you don't take advantage of the tags and the headings that should indicate who you are or what you. Do not, well not actually who you, are but what you. Do isn't that, Right? Sean the titles and the headings.
Speaker 1: What you do and where you? Service what you do and where you?
Speaker 5: Service because once they're in the, website your name is not as. Important they're already in the. Website and what Does google and other? SEARCH i say others because there Are what do they search for in a website to make it?
Speaker 1: Relevant what Does google? Search?
Speaker 5: Yeah what do their bots look for to put you to rank?
Speaker 1: You there's all kinds of. Stuff look At LIKE i, said the links pointing to your.
Speaker 5: Website they want so people who linked your. Website that's a really good thing it. Is, yeah how do you get people to rinked? It how do you get people to link to you you have compelling? Content, yeah there's a lot of.
Speaker 1: WAYS i mean supporting. NONPROFITS a lot of local nonprofits have a section on their website where they list their supporters and they link back to. That anywhere you can get a link to. You, yeah it could be, partners it could be friends and. FAMILY i, mean try to keep it relevant to your industry on a bunch of real you.
Speaker 5: Know one TIME i did an article about a company AND i put it on my blog and on my, page and somebody, said you have no right to link to, Me AND i, said you, understand this is helping. YOU i did an article about what they, do or about, this, no about watch out for, this this and, this and then gave a good example by linking to that. Page and they didn't want to be. Linked that's what morons they.
Speaker 1: Are, YEAH i, mean and you can't really control who links to, you, Right, no you. Can't it's, yeah that's.
Speaker 5: Interesting, yeah you would think they would accept that, link, right, YEAH.
Speaker 1: I mean you can write about me and put a link in, it that's.
Speaker 5: But What but but then, again what would prevent you from putting a link on a title like find pedophiles here and then they link and go to your? Page, No i'm dead. Serious, now what's. That that's a terrible. Thing what's to prevent someone from doing?
Speaker 1: That so that's that used to be a, thing you, know they called it google, Bombing so you could you could build a network of links with that anchor and, say, hey Go google like the worst president in the world and The White house comes, up you, know something like. That So google's got a little bit better at discounting those. Links, however you, know there's still a way to do, it for. Sure but you can do what's called a disavow on the backside of your. Website so if you control the. Website you can, say, hey this website's linking to, me BUT i don't want it to count for me or against, me and include it in that.
Speaker 5: File but it doesn't have to be for the public to.
Speaker 1: Read it's just public won't see, it but will that. Eventually but that's All i'm.
Speaker 5: Saying like if you had like somebody, had if somebody, SAYS i know this guy is a criminal or criminal activity, here and then they link to your, WEBSITE i, mean there's nothing to prevent linking to you with negative.
Speaker 1: Comments it's not, NOPE i, mean then you can you can look at reputation, management you can look at terms of service violations or.
Speaker 5: Are there many lawsuits that go on actual? Lawsuits you are an expert witness what kind of lawsuits are.
Speaker 1: Involved, typically What i've been involved with is either a competitor creates a domain name to defame the other, competitor they get it ranked for that competitor's name, wow and then they still branded traffic from. Them there's NEGATIVE, seo which we talked about, earlier which is where you intentionally Get google to de rank someone by using by tricking them thinking that the target website is Violating google's.
Speaker 5: Guidelines, Hey, mark didn't WE i don't want to get into the, details but didn't we have.
Speaker 4: Or?
Speaker 5: Mark mound of left? By now there was someone Linked mark the search engine that we went. After was for what reason they? Were they were literally the proper when it when they clicked on referral, list it went to.
Speaker 1: Them SO i remember. THAT i think that was The Google, ads right was BEING i think it wasn't a Bing.
Speaker 6: Mark, no it came down To google, actually but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, YEAH i remember. That that's a while.
Speaker 5: Ago, yeah so they were using our, brains our trade.
Speaker 1: Market with the paid, ads you have more recourse than you would with a just an organic.
Speaker 5: Cap but what's to prevent someone from stealing your? Traffic how do you steal someone's?
Speaker 1: Traffic do you?
Speaker 5: Do you PUT medea tags in your in your website that mimics?
Speaker 1: Theirs, yeah you. Can't you can get your site ranked for their. Name Uh and isn't that? Illegal not? REALLY i mean it comes down to the legal, system.
Speaker 5: Right so if if someone KNOWS i AM i am PUTTING meda tags in about which would get their, traffic can they sue me for using their?
Speaker 1: Name? Oh for? Sure, YEAH i would think so, YEAH i Mean I've i've seen it like, that you, KNOW i, was we were talking off off air a little bit, earlier but we had a one of my first, CASES i testified as an, expert and that's exactly what they.
Speaker 5: Did so they were ranking, themselves using all of THEIR meda tags and stuff to get so in other, words if you were looking for, them you would also show.
Speaker 8: Up.
Speaker 1: Yeah and it's good because if you file a federal, Trademark, yeah you have a you have a federal, trademark you can you can provide that To google to get them to remove them as. Well, man there's a lot to think. About we have more coming.
Speaker 5: Up go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot.
Speaker 9: Com you don't pay a cent until you're.
Speaker 5: Content time for an insurance check, up free no obligation comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your cover Jet dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty. Two Hi Tom martinez here three all three seven one three talks seven one three each five. Five we've been talking To simpler dot com about. Websites That's simpler with a Why simpler Dot, Com i'm gonna go To Miss Fleuria. MITCH i want to basically go over quickly the steps. Involved a lot of people don't understand the steps. Involved once they pick out a, stone what do you? Do do you have to go to the house and template? What, yes we have steps on and the number of visits we.
Speaker 7: Want to go over, pricing. Right we want to be transparent from from from first, minute and all we really need is pictures of the space and some rough measurements AND i can guide your listeners when they reach out to. Us but once we go over the pricing and they choose the, color we schedule an. Apployment we go out and we make those templates and then we bring them to the. Shop we mark the slabs coutumn takes takes a week or, so and then we come back and we install.
Speaker 1: Them BUT i also wanted to mention to Those so that's. It you basically two, visits two visits.
Speaker 5: To the, home one to measure and, template and two to install.
Speaker 1: It, yes that's all it. Takes.
Speaker 7: Yeah the measuring takes about the nowur and installation takes about four to six, hours depending on a.
Speaker 5: Size The art of granted Dot com three oh three three eight six fifty nine. Nineteen mitch certainly appreciate you having you. Here it's a great success success. Story The art ofgranted Dot.
Speaker 1: Com thank you very.
Speaker 5: MUCH i, remember, Folks i'm here at three oh Three martino for, help, information. Referrals save all your problems for.
Speaker 8: Me