Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: App Reminder, we're taking your suggestions for the songs that you would absolutely forbid your wedding DJ to play.
Speaker 3: What would it be and why?
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's the song that your previous spouse asked for when you got married the first time. Sometimes it's a song that's just just bad memories or portends bad things for your relationship.
Speaker 1: Like the instrumental song that's playing in the scene of Never Ending Story when the horse is sinking into the Quicksand.
Speaker 3: Why would anybody play that?
Speaker 1: You want your Jeopardy question? Sure, the category is celebs celebrating for two hundred dollars celebrating this former star of the Office gave herself a project one New Year's Eve, a cake that said goodbye twenty twenty two.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't know the actresses.
Speaker 2: Name, so I'm going to give them.
Speaker 1: She went on to write and produce a number of shows. Oh, Mandy Kayln Yeah, okay, see you just needed a little help at.
Speaker 4: Hi, Shannon, this is Dave from Santa Clarita. I've been listening to you say F and you for I don't know how long, and every time I'm like, what does the end mean? Like F and you money?
Speaker 3: It's FU money. You're right, F and you money.
Speaker 4: What is the end stand?
Speaker 1: I feel like it makes it bigger.
Speaker 3: Just make it clear.
Speaker 4: What's the end stand for?
Speaker 3: I don't get it. Isn't it just used in place of an and?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But he's right. I mean it's FU money, right. But I feel like when I say F and you money, it's extra money, Like it's more than FU money. It's F and you money. I guess that's what it is. It's like it's like flipping off someone like this or flipping them off like this.
Speaker 2: Wow, right, realize there were two meanings. There's two different ways. Well, this one looks like you're hurt, this.
Speaker 1: One this one, and then there's this one. Wait you have three, Well there's this one for children. If you're child flipping someone off, this is what you did, okay, And then.
Speaker 3: Once you learn a little bit more dexterity, you can go with this guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then when you really want to drive your point, hope, it looks like you're you look like you're double joint is modeling there. Yeah, you mess around and you got to stick out your thumb like this.
Speaker 6: Got it?
Speaker 3: What else is going on? What's happening?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 2: The investigation aftermath, I guess is a better way to put it, continues. After the earthquake hit me and mar and Thailand seven point seven magnitude quake with the ongoing after shocks, serious questions have come out after a construction site in Bangkok.
Speaker 3: Collapsed.
Speaker 2: A thirty story skyscraper that had been under construction was the only tower in Bangkok that fell, reduced to a mountain of rubble within about six or seven seconds. At least nineteen people were killed, but they're saying dozens of others as many as eighty may still be missing. Thai authorities have ordered an investigation into the isolated collapse to figure out if it could have been due to the inadequate building materials, some sort of design flaw, or even a failure in the inspections and approvals process. The overall death toll from that earthquake is up over seventeen hundred, and they're saying that it's going to continue to go up for some time.
Speaker 1: As we mentioned, the NASA astronauts Sonny Williams Butch Willmore speaking out for the first time after a nine month stretch of being stuck on International Space Station. As you noticed, Sonny has been to the hairstylist. Yeah, fresh coat of color there. Butch says he doesn't point his finger at anybody. That they realized that it was not about them. They're both very as you would assume them to be. They're both very even keeled, not blaming people.
Speaker 2: I saw an interview that they did on Fox earlier this morning, and one of the questions from a viewer was, what was the first thing you ate when you got back. We talked about that when they were coming back, it would be the first thing that you did, and Sonny said that the first thing she had was a good grilled cheese sandwich.
Speaker 1: Man put me in space for nine months, that would be hard to beat. What happens the next time they're let's say they're around here, they go over to Bob Hope, they get on a flight up to Sacramento. They're going to be awarded at the Capitol something, and they look in the back of their airplane, the seat in front of them, and they pull out that little safety thing and it says Boeing.
Speaker 3: They both said leave.
Speaker 2: They both said that they would go back on the star Liner, the original capsule that took them up.
Speaker 3: They said they would go back up.
Speaker 2: Substitute security officer and Pasadena is been accused of duct duct taping an eleven year old girl's mouth shut because she was talking too much.
Speaker 3: Well, was she.
Speaker 2: I don't think you can tape a kid today, family said the girl was paraded from the school office across campus to our next class. Yeah, with the tape still covering her mouth. This happened in Pasadena.
Speaker 1: Huh do they have their own they have their own school system. We learned that during COVID right Pasadena and Long Beach, those were healthful Oh Health departments.
Speaker 2: Tornado threat and a major new storm is going through a much of the America is hundreds of thousands of customers without power around the Midwest today after severe weather hit the area on Sunday. More than three hundred thousand people without power in Michigan, another forty eight thousand without power in Wisconsin, forty one thousand in Indiana, two hundred wind damage reports and at least four tornadoes reported across Michigan, Missouri, Tennessee, and Kentucky, and they said five fatalities attributed to that.
Speaker 1: Just that was a stupid thing for me to say. Of course, the city of Pasadena and Long Beach other they're on school systems as well. They're not part of LA I'm not.
Speaker 3: That dumb where you were going with that, thank you.
Speaker 1: There are a bunch of egg substitutes that have been recalled over concerns that they contain bleach? Is this people going for egg substitutes because there's a run on eggs.
Speaker 2: I guess I don't know why you would want any other reason why you'd want an egg substitute.
Speaker 3: Are you allergic to eggs?
Speaker 1: Maybe they're just less hard on the cholesterol levels. Maybe they're egg whites. The recalled items include thirty two ounce cartons of egg Beaters Original, cage free original and cage free original frozen liquid egg substitutes. So here's what they have on the carton. If they're bad, if you've got bleach in your eggs, this is what the carton says. G one eight zero four. Again, that's G one eight zero four.
Speaker 3: Still don't have it.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: There is a stroke survivor who's been able to speak again with the help of an experimental brain computer implant. Scientists have developed this brain that can translate your thoughts about speech into spoken words at real time. This is a forty seven year old woman with quadriplegia couldn't speak for eighteen years after she suffered a stroke. Doctors implanted it in her brain during surgery as part of a clinical trial, and according to a co author of the study in the journal Nature Neuroscience, quote, it converts her intent to speak into fluent sentences wow. The team in California recorded her brain activity using electrodes while she spoke sentences silently in her brain, and then they used a synthesizer they built using her voice before her injury to create a speech sound that she would have spoken. And then they trained an AI model that translates neural activity into units of sound, and now she can speak for the first time in almost two decades.
Speaker 1: AMC is betting on you putting your butt back in the seats at the movie theater. They are increasing the number of premium screams to meet demand. This says AMC, the world's largest cinema chain. They're adding forty Dolby Cinema theaters to its locations through the end of twenty twenty seven. They say a twenty five percent increase in the number of the branded premium screens because the Hollywood block bless bottle. You started it, You started us down right road very early, and then I jumped on the train and offully.
Speaker 7: Wait.
Speaker 3: Well, you didn't want me to feel alone, And I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: They say this is Hollywood's a blockbuster slate heats up for summer. I'm assuming.
Speaker 2: I guess we mentioned this as you're into the end of the week on Friday that snow White was probably I think Heather Rooker said that snow White was going to probably come in number one. A working man Jason Statham came in at number one fifteen point two million. Snow White had a fourteen point two million.
Speaker 1: Is he does he got? Does he have a hot body on him?
Speaker 3: Jason Staithan?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Is it? Is it the allure? It wasn't the writing for me when I watched the trailer. A guy's like to kick an action movie for me's going to get me to the theater over anything?
Speaker 3: Yeah? But are you asking if he takes his shirt off?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: I don't know, Okay, I was just wondering.
Speaker 1: I didn't know if that was his thing, if that was a move.
Speaker 3: I'm sure he did at some point, but I don't know if he does these.
Speaker 1: Days because I haven't seen any of his movies, so I didn't know what the thing was, Like, I know a Tom Cruise draw type of a thing. I know a Denzel draw thing. I didn't know what his draw was. Other than beating other guys up, that's all we need.
Speaker 3: He just does it very well, okay, in very dry sense of humor.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like that. I do like a dry sense of humor. Rise of my Grandfather.
Speaker 2: We'll do our motivational Monday coming up in a few minutes. Also, reminder, do not play what's the song that you would tell your wedding DJ not to play at the reception. We'll talk about that. Let us know on the talkback feature what it is that you would have. If you're listening on the app, just hit that little microphone button and it'll leave us a message.
Speaker 8: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: That's right here.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, yeah, oh that's right around the corner.
Speaker 2: You're right, Gary and Shannon KF I am six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. I'm amazed at how closely some people listen to this show and they pick out little pieces of our lives depending just based on stuff that we do and say and talk about.
Speaker 6: What.
Speaker 9: Hey, Shannon, So, from what I've gathered over the years, you're married to a man of Mexican sand. So, as a man of Mexican sent also know that we really are not into chatty women. So my question is, Helen, the hell is your husband put up? Because you are to change with your talking man?
Speaker 1: Poor dad, bro, I do a talk show. What do you want me to do? Do you want me to sit here and stare at an effen wall? Because I can do that. I like it, but it's not my job description. What do you want your do here?
Speaker 3: Your husband is of Mexican descent.
Speaker 1: He is not? Huh, he is not.
Speaker 3: That's weird.
Speaker 1: Just because I know how to swear in Spanish doesn't mean I'm married to somebody of Mexican descent.
Speaker 6: No, I'm Gary and I can mumble on and on about measurement if you're bowling pins in baseball bats and it doesn't mean anything.
Speaker 1: God, So hurtful. I don't know, it's hurtful Monday.
Speaker 3: Oh why not?
Speaker 1: Those guys they must have had a rough go with the Sunday scaries. Are you ready?
Speaker 3: Are you ready for your motivational Monday?
Speaker 1: Am?
Speaker 3: I grab that little handle there and spin the wheel?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, looking for a handle? I was like, where is it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Basketball? Football is? Stop boxing? You want boxing? How about this one? Rocky Balboa is now sixty years old. If you can believe that, he gets talked back into boxing a young up and comer, something like Mike Tyson, Jake Paul maybe so. Rocky's son Robert played by Emula vent Emilia uh tries to convince dad not to box again and blames the failings in his own life on the shadow of his legendary father boxer. Ladies and gentlemen, Rocky Balboa, that.
Speaker 5: Hold you up the city, your mother. This kid's going to be the best kid in the world. This kid's going to be sobody better than anybody ever knew. And you grew up good and wonderful. It was great just watching every day. It was like a privilege. Then the time come for you to be your own man and take on the world. And you did. But somewhere along the line you changed. You stop being you. You let people stick a finger in your face and tell you you're no good, And when things got hard, you started looking for something to blame, like a big shadow. Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place. And I don't care how tough you are. It will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You me or Nobody's gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you get taked and keep moving forward. That's how weird it has done. Now, if you know what you're worth, the go out, Know what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits and not pointing fingers say you ain't where you want to be because of him or her or anybody.
Speaker 3: Cowards do that, and that ain't you.
Speaker 1: Right, Rock, You're better than that, damn right.
Speaker 5: I'm old gonna love you no matter what, no matter what happens. You're my son, You're my blood. You're the best thing in my life. That until you start believing in yourself, you ain't going to have a life. Don't forget to visit your mother.
Speaker 3: Don't forget to visit your mother.
Speaker 1: To the beginning and the ending are reminiscent of I think probably a lot of things for fathers. Right, you have a kid, you raise the kid up, You think this is this kid is going to do something? Isn't that that rings true?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 1: I mean did you hold your kids up like lion.
Speaker 3: Play lion king?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes?
Speaker 1: And what did you say?
Speaker 3: I said, there shall be no other as great as the uh? And then what do you know?
Speaker 1: Did you do that for both your son and your daughter? Yes, both have the lion king moment? Sure, okay, and then you also tell them both it's call your mother, right.
Speaker 2: But it's also one of those things where that early on there's nothing in the way, there's no limitations whatever they Yeah, you know, my son could have been the greatest seamstress in the world, exactly, or dancer or an astronaut or whatever. Like, there's zero there's no limits their lives yet, yes, exactly. Very few bad decisions in the first few months of life and then you know it's all downhill from there.
Speaker 1: It's like opening day of football season.
Speaker 3: Right, You haven't lost time? To me, you have not.
Speaker 1: The possibilities are endless. You're holding up the Jaguars and you're like, you can do it.
Speaker 3: All too, Little Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 1: And then a fetanyl addiction happens.
Speaker 3: In the third week.
Speaker 2: All right, up next, do not play that song? What would you tell the DJ not to play at your wedding reception? Then we'll get into some mixtape Monday as well.
Speaker 8: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Coming up tomorrow at this time, we will be diving into True Crime Tuesday. The topic teenage girls remains are found after a club closes one of the hottest clubs in New York City remains a true crime mystery. We'll dive into the details tomorrow at this time for True Crime Tuesday.
Speaker 2: One of the stories that we brought to you first last week was the four Army soldiers who went missing in Lithuania. They have recovered three of the bodies. Soldiers went missing the morning of the twenty fifth after the Hercules Armored Recovery vehicle they were in became submerged in a.
Speaker 3: Peat bog during a training exercise.
Speaker 2: Is that swamp cold swamp pete pete, Yeah, like a moss I think, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, I know, a bog.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They were training with Lithuanian Armed Forces and law enforcement. One of the reasons that it kind of I mean, obviously the missing for missing soldiers would be an awful story, but it was also that it was it took place near the border with Belarus, which has taken clearly the side of Russia in the Russia Ukraine conflict.
Speaker 1: So well, we asked you if you had a song you did not want played at your wedding these days, all days really for the dawn of days, since the dawn of weddings, you have wanted to have a certain vibe for your wedding. Probably, and sometimes there are certain songs that don't play into that. Is it rap you didn't want? Is it only rap you wanted? Is it a certain song that came bad memories?
Speaker 3: Do you ever do that? Feels like a lot of people in radio have done the DJ thing. I have done the wedding DJ.
Speaker 1: I would have loved to do that. I mean, I tried to control as best I could my wedding playlist, right, But because because like at parties and stuff or when even when friends would get together, we had this there was this thing in the olden days of where it's like, okay, I'm DJ. It's like ox Cable, the OX person now, And I always was that person, and my friends didn't care. So it was fine. Like we'd be hanging out in someone's room and I'd be like, Okay, I'm DJ, and I'd put in the cassette tapes or whatever the or the CDs, and I would like, if you're into radio, you were that kid, probably right? Yeah, I did a four. I think maybe fine. I've worked for somebody who had the whole setup and everything.
Speaker 3: I didn't do it. I didn't have to do it myself.
Speaker 1: So if my husband leaves me and I go through this whole charade again, you you could marry me and whoever I trap the next time, and you could do the music, yeah, and you could probably do photos. I could, yeah, I mean you'd have to. We'd have to work out a country, do a toast to uh. Now you're zero's to this contract? One man band, Keep it small.
Speaker 7: Gary, you were talking about telling a DJ not to play certain songs? Uh, would it be inappropriate to play Billie Idol's White Wedding?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 3: So, I mean, I guess it depends on who you're marrying, right.
Speaker 1: I mean weddings themed songs at a wedding.
Speaker 3: It's a nice day for it.
Speaker 1: That's kind of fun.
Speaker 4: I don't know the wedding song, probably I like big butts or dude looks like a lady.
Speaker 1: You gotta have both of those? What are you talking about? I'd have to I'd have both of those. I like, how can you not have this at your wedding? Wedding is complete without sir mix a lot. That would be hilarious because everybody you could play. And here's the best part about that wedding DJ job, I had ate.
Speaker 2: No fun played at my wedding. It's the timing of some of these things. At the beginning, you just keep it mainstream, middle of the road, no problem, You're right. A couple of pops later, you start playing big bots. I got the entire bridle party out there.
Speaker 1: My wedding DJ stood firm and not letting me play what I wanted until the end. Like he didn't play for some sugar on me until the end for me and my friends to look like old strippers on the dance floor.
Speaker 10: I told my DJ he could play explicit music, and he no. At some point we started noticing that he was censoring some songs.
Speaker 3: He was doing it or he was playing the clean version.
Speaker 10: Well, at first it was he would play the clean version at the start of the reception and everything. He was playing all the explicit songs that we asked, and then at some point it got clean sounds like somebody that sucks.
Speaker 3: Somebody went to them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you ever hear ain't no fun the clean version, It ain't no fun. You gotta have some of the songs. You have to have the explicit stuff, or it takes away the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Hey, Gary Shannon Rob here in oc. As you may know, I have my own DJ business.
Speaker 11: The one song that I get told not to play is the Chicken Dance Sauce.
Speaker 3: Play that, yeah, I do not, very rare that I do play it.
Speaker 6: And the other song that I got told a long time ago from a venue.
Speaker 3: That is this snobby place just said do not play baby got back.
Speaker 1: Why is sir mix a lot getting nailed today by this? I think I celebrate that.
Speaker 3: To me, that's the This is the great songs for a wedding.
Speaker 1: Do you ever see a grandmother and a dance dance a baby got back? I mean, come on, that's one of the highlights of the wedding. Yes, we'll tell stories about her forever. Yeah, my mom would totally dance to that.
Speaker 3: Dude looks like a lady. Somebody said, hokey pokey.
Speaker 1: No, that's stupid.
Speaker 3: I've never heard hokey pokey played at a wedding.
Speaker 1: I have not either.
Speaker 11: Hi, guys, when it comes to music, I asked my DJ to not play love Shack, and my mother in law went behind my back and I told the DJ that that was a month was the divorce.
Speaker 1: They certainly did play it.
Speaker 11: Funny thing is I love my mother in last she's like my best friend. Oh okay, I was easy on her. Yeah, but yeah that song. Yeah, I've got a version to the B fifty two's. I know it's not popular, but I wouldn't want that either.
Speaker 3: Why.
Speaker 1: I don't know why. I just don't think. I think it's probably because when I was growing up and you know, stuck in the home just watching MTV all day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was one heavy.
Speaker 1: She couldn't get away from it. Yeah, love shack, you could not get away from it, and it was annoying video. It was a really annoying video.
Speaker 5: I would not want the song. Neither one of us wants to be the first to say goodbye.
Speaker 11: Oh.
Speaker 5: I don't know who did it, but it would not be a good wedding song.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think it was.
Speaker 1: Before my wedding with my now ex wife, we specifically told the DJ not to play.
Speaker 6: D v RC.
Speaker 1: Gladys Knight and the Pips. Neither one of us wants to be the first to say goodbye. It's sad to think we're not going to make it. As how, the song begins nice one of my friends, she had been married before, and she was choosing her first dance song and she wanted it. And this was a very long time.
Speaker 3: Ago, so this is a second marriage.
Speaker 1: This was her second marriage, and she wanted it to be in My Life, which is a great song. I love in my Life, wonderful song, but it kind of lends itself to I have been with a lot of dudes, and you're my favorite, but there was all those other dude.
Speaker 3: You're at the top of the pyramid. But it's a great pyramid.
Speaker 1: Out of all the dudes, you're the one, you know what I mean? Like, I don't know. I love the song, but just maybe not for the wedding. I don't know, I don't know, Maybe it's just a little conservative.
Speaker 2: Well, Tonight the Dodgers are going to take on the Braves. It's seven o'clock on World Champion Hoodie Giveaway Night. You can listen to the action on A five seventy LA Sports Live from the Galvin Motors Broadcast Booth and stream the game NHD on the iHeartRadio app. You said keyword AM five seventy LA Sports Mixtape Monday when we come back.
Speaker 1: I think it's in my life. I loved them all, but I love you more line that's too much.
Speaker 3: All, every single one of them.
Speaker 8: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Well, this is going to be popular. It should be popular, but it won't be With a segment. Trump is going after ticket fees. Trump is trying to tackle something he brought up on the campaign trail, scalpers expensive fees that are driving up ticket prices for live entertainment. Sources in the no say he is signing a presidential executive order today to end price gouging by middlemen in the entertainment industry. Interesting, I say, it'll combat a bunch of issues that we encounter when trying to buy tickets to concerts, sporting events. Remember the whole Era's debacle. They say that Trump's executive order directs the FTC, the Federal Trade Commission, to work with the US Attorney General to ensure competition laws are being enforced and to force the Bots Act to stop scalpers from using bots to buy up all the inventory and then resell the tickets at a huge markup. He's also getting the Secretary of Treasury and the Department of Justice involved to ensure ticket scalpers are following the law. Say that live entertainment is a one hundred and thirty two point six billion dollar industry supporting almost a million jobs, and the ticketing component component has become rife with egregious fees and unscrupulous middlemen. We're paying sometimes as much as seventy times the face value for tickets.
Speaker 3: Seventy times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he's going to sign this at two thirty hour time in the Oval Office and apparently Kid Rock will be there when besides it.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, kid Rock helped also connect Trump and Bill Maher. Bill Maher is supposed to go to the White House. I think this week maybe and sit down with Trump.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 2: Uh, I guess Kid Rock's friends with both guys. I don't know, but that's funny. Kid Rock is the He's also a non official government employee like Elon muskis in some way a couple of late entries. We're talking about songs that should never appear on the wedding playlist. Yeah, one person called and said that their DJ played Fireball at the wedding. But is that Pitbull? But then set the speakers on fire. I love that. That's my kind of wedding.
Speaker 3: Never played y M c A.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hate that.
Speaker 2: Once said the number one song you should never play at the wedding the Thong song by Cisco.
Speaker 6: Hmm.
Speaker 1: I don't hate it. I just it's kind of over. I mean, maybe two thousand and three, so.
Speaker 2: Which you would choose, you would choose A maybe got back as an iconic. It's collapsic. Yeah, it's time for mixtape Monday.
Speaker 1: It's like Grandmaster Flash of certain songs to get the people going.
Speaker 3: Was Monday.
Speaker 6: Mixtape, Monday Mixtape, Monday.
Speaker 1: I kind of can't give it. I kind of can't move past the idea of my mom dancing to a song by Cisco No Sir mix a lot, But now that's also there.
Speaker 3: Oh, speaking of which, she sent me a video.
Speaker 1: She did not send you a video. I don't know why a video made it works.
Speaker 2: This is Jessica Simpson's new new song called leave Aday.
Speaker 1: Speaking of two thousand and three. I love Jessica Simpson late nineties, early two thousand's.
Speaker 3: Do you like her? In twenty twenty five, this is the first I've heard of it.
Speaker 1: She left her boyfriend, former forty nine er Eric Johnson, which is an interesting move?
Speaker 3: Is that an interesting move?
Speaker 2: An interesting move is you get together with the brother or something like the interesting mooved?
Speaker 3: She just left him, I.
Speaker 1: Know, but it's like she's forty five. She's had her kids with him.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I didn't know she had kids. Oh kay, you just got like three of them. Oh oh nice case.
Speaker 2: She apparently has a secret to good vocals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she drinks a snake sperm.
Speaker 4: You or me?
Speaker 1: Is there any chance she's wrong? I mean remember the whole Chicken of the Sea debacle, right, Is it really snake sperm? Probably not.
Speaker 2: She said she had been taking this syrup like supplement to help her with boys. She said, my vocal coach child me to drink it. I'm sure he did, and then I googled it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Roger Daltrey, no, don't tell me. No, it sucks a young boy. I'll play the silver Ball says he's feeling the effects of age now. He's losing his sight as well as his hearing. He says he spoke from the stage during a performance while raising money for teenage cancer. He's eighty one now, wow wow, yeah.
Speaker 3: He said, I still have my voice.
Speaker 2: He is a patron of this cancer Trust and the group's been given benefit concerts for the charity for more than twenty years. Pete Townshend seventy nine. He joked about his knee replacement and said it's really it's nothing compared to what patients in this Teenage Cancer Trust have to deal with. And he said he said, maybe I should auction off my old knee. Elton John had one done and he wears his as a bracelet. He said, the unfortunately mine's in three little pieces.
Speaker 1: Well you please break down this whole Morgan Wallen SNL thing for me because I kept seeing alerts and I don't know the story.
Speaker 2: So Morgan Wallin, if you remember, was supposed to be on Saturday Night Live a few years ago. He got caught on video dropping a we'll call it a racial epithet while he was out drinking with some buddies.
Speaker 3: He was yelling at his buddies, but.
Speaker 2: He chose a poor term and they kicked him off. He eventually went back to Saturday Night Live, did he oh the other one, Yeah, the big one got it. Yeah, And so he's been there before, and he appeared as the musical guest again over the weekend, in between, of course the comedy sketches. Mikey Madison I think as her name was the from Honora.
Speaker 3: Oh, yes, she was the host. And at the end they.
Speaker 2: The whole cast comes out, the host comes out, the musical guest, and they always say thanks everybody, thanks to the Lord Michaels, thanks to the great cast, thanks to Morgan Wallan, Thanks everybody, have a good night, and hugs and kisses and I five's and all that sort of thing. He look turns to her and says thank you, like and he says something like it was really nice to meet you or something, and then walks off the stage and like doesn't turn around, doesn't say anything to any of the cast members. He just walks off the stage towards the camera. And then he posted something on Instagram. It's a picture of the private jet. Assume it's his, and it says, get me back to God's Country, something like.
Speaker 1: That's wrong with that. He lives in the country. He lives in what Nashville is something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And none of those people don't like him le make and write Saturday Night Live.
Speaker 1: They don't like to go late at night. Get me home. Tim McGrath did it best. There's bars on the corners and bars of my heart.
Speaker 2: I think we're done. I hope where we leave it on Cobelt shows up next. We'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Stay drive.
Speaker 2: Everybody you've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show, you can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.