Speaker 1: Went back baby season three and I said it would have last.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm George Atha, thanks.
Speaker 3: And I'm Nick, and welcome to the Quick Hands Regulating Podcast. This is the part tells her what it is.
Speaker 4: It's the Quick Hands Podcast. The bull does used to be good, but that did not last. That's why I George w stuff the pether season now gusts and Country first year is a corner. We don't walk past, Nicks. It have been in shambles since sety six. Dragons haven't done no better. Twenty tens to clinch. Only team that's see success this path is getting rich. The brokers keep on taking lots of times hating this. I call up and I'm asking NAUGHTI for some movies. It said that has to sit there for Water's defeat Friday night food in theas tip. It's just to be complete. I'm off the bench when I see watch you running for the team. I ain't playing the fe We only met the league getting triage every day time we're killing never team. I'm super cooking with all these hands. I cast the monte d George Nick to the stage.
Speaker 2: Please boom.
Speaker 3: Quick Hands Rugby League Podcast, Season three, Episode twenty three, that's one hundred and seventeen. The season finale for twenty twenty five. Welcoming in Georgian ARTI boys, welcome. I'll tell you something. We're going to have to change that interest song because Ten is not hating this at all. She's loving it, bringing ten champions Premiership with Broncos so good.
Speaker 2: What do you go for it?
Speaker 5: So many tears?
Speaker 1: So many tears? Are you doing from the scot No? No, I don't think you would think you would be.
Speaker 5: What was it that? Because I watched some well She's video afterwards when he went live, he's like Stefano stuck.
Speaker 2: That's why you shouldn't talk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I said to Ten on Sunday night. I said, the last time I thought that you were one year old.
Speaker 2: Eleven?
Speaker 1: Jesus George, where's the damn season, the whole season, the whole thing in the bloody can. Unfortunately in the caression where depression starts in the national football international Let me let me tell you last week we had some international football on the sidelines qualifies for the World Cup. The big bad Italian team beat the Lebanese team and you.
Speaker 2: Didn't even know they got away from the field gold. So did we make the World Cup the Liban soccer? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And this week the Greeks are playing that Mary is there. I might go down and watch them. I think they're they're playing against Serbia or someone.
Speaker 2: What time? I think it's fo o'clock.
Speaker 3: No, No, you want to get you want to get, you want to get it earlier before Champagne.
Speaker 1: All the all the massive, all the course. And you're talking Super League that Sunday morning four am. Oh sorry, three a m t.
Speaker 2: What is it? League Final? Yeah? Who's h how f C?
Speaker 1: And Wigan Morris and how is the other favorites? But I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is good.
Speaker 3: My battery just went from two hours and fifty four minutes to three hours and ten minutes.
Speaker 2: I don't know that.
Speaker 3: I forgot the charger and him come back next maybe, Ardie, what's the good thing in the league?
Speaker 6: Good thing of the week? My wife watched the Grand Final and I saw her in tears. Wow, she had her she's in love with Res Walsh because it's the best playerff. But when she saw Rees Welsh hugging Ben Hunt when he was falling.
Speaker 2: Apart, she goes, how beautiful is that? Look at that?
Speaker 3: So there is some You know, what I thought was a really nice moment was after the game when Madge was on the field and he was hugging as your man talking to him and then Welsh whatever. And then you see as your man pick up Walsh's daughter and shows you how close they are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's obviously very comfortable with like uncle Ezra. You know what I mean. I just thought it was a really beautiful moment. Yeah. Yeah, my wife was crying. I look over and she's got tears.
Speaker 6: Beauty, you know, holding him, is not letting him go until he was one hundred percent sure he's okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was right.
Speaker 5: There, and Welsh ran over him up and Hunt was not sure where he was.
Speaker 2: He was the lost, poor guy.
Speaker 6: So that rugby league players are human, mate, They've got feelings and they're very nice people.
Speaker 2: They're not all bad like the media puts them out the beside pain because now it was there a nick was business.
Speaker 3: It was straight into it. Yeah there's someone that well, there's a lot of people in my business. Wow, it's the wash and man haters eat a dick straight up. Seriously, get over it. I'm sick of people still complaining about just shut the fuck up. I can swear because this is the show. So shut the funk up, get on with it, Get on with it. The winner is the greenness.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Look, the minute you put a ring around your finger, whatever you've done and whatever whatever you need to do to get to that spot. If it's you know, drinking out of a toilet, whatever, it all goes away because toilet. That's right to you, because guess what, that ring just takes everything away. Everything, everything they've done was right and good.
Speaker 2: If you were smart.
Speaker 3: He started his own merchandise of toilet bowl mugs, even match from the toilet.
Speaker 2: Where do we start? I don't know it starts started?
Speaker 3: Can I start with one thing that's not related to this grand But I was watching a couple of weeks ago me Cronin was the face to face unleft you. I saw it and it was created right. Yeah, And he said, when Jack Gibson took over a paramount in nineteen eighty one, I thought this was hilarious because for us, it's hilarious, he said, when jackibs and this just shows you how far we come. He said, when when Jack took her over at the Heels in eighty one, he brought something new to the game where he demanded the entire team being match fit before the season starts. Yeah, because you remember they worked full time and trained to come on nights a week. Yea, and that was groundbreaking. Sof what the team? He demanded that their match fit by round one, right, So what would happened? Id you sort of do two weeks of training and like during the year you get match fit? He went on the middle end of the year, you're playing well.
Speaker 1: Now they play well from the first game, but back then and even us we're talking the mid to late eighties.
Speaker 2: Get let's talk about the yep.
Speaker 1: Can I actually set the set the table? Because I was lucky enough, privileged enough to go to the Grand Final. I got a late call up from July, so I was in a Juilux box and it was just magical.
Speaker 2: The view, Yeah, the view was like that ground.
Speaker 5: I saw Anthony was on his install that he was there, so.
Speaker 1: With him, Well, yeah, I took ticket's actually hit up, but he was busy, So I took he was busy.
Speaker 2: His wife was watching. He's not going to give that up, No, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: So I took the boy Wonder and he's not let's say a sport or a rugby league fan. But he was he was taken. He was taken. Yeah, it was a wonderful experience for me. And I met a few people. I met one lady Tea. She was eighty two, eighty three years old, and her husband had died during the year and she lives in Tawoomba. That's something is that somewhere in Bristoane three hours from here?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Her husband was an absolute Bronco tragic and in respect of him, he wanted she wanted to come to watch the game. So her daughter, her daughter came picked her up. They drove down, They drove down, eighty three year old woman.
Speaker 5: People, heaps of people drove down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was it was three quarters Broncos in the in the stadium anyway, of course. And and she said, yeah, she goes, I just I just want to see them win for my husband, you know. And she had a tear and eye and it made me tear up up here up here of mine had brought brought his son. He was eighteen, and I started, I started speaking to him, and he knew more about the Broncos than I could ever imagine. And to see his emotions after the victory. Team it was I'll never forget it. It was magical. It was like when I was a young, a young boy when I was going to watch Bulldog games and we won the occasional one and I remember that feeling. And then I had the Super League next to me telling me that super League's better than that, and like I said, it was really hard.
Speaker 2: I had to bite my had to bite my time.
Speaker 5: Were you going to remember, like, because I was explaining to the boys, but eighty eight, right, so I would have been three and then obviously had the Cowboys, but it was too far.
Speaker 3: I remember Brisbane's first game against Mainly that was their first first game in the camp. Yeah, I remember that game. Yeah, I remember watching that game live. Yeah, well it wasn't live actually, So what were you alluding to in terms of you watching the game? You didn't you didn't travel down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, and it doesn't surprise me people from Towomba. Like I was born in Mackay and then we moved around Australia because I was in the raft. But I was always a Bronco supporter, so I didn't come back to Brisbane until I was maybe nine or or ten. That's why my first jersey or game I went to was Raiders because I lived in Camera but always had Broncos. And it was really nice, like full circle to watch the boys watch the Grand Final and I was and I bowled, like absolutely bought, like even thinking about it watching videos now, like I get terrry, like it was just like for so many reasons right and it was just done.
Speaker 3: Really really tell them make the most of it because if there anything like me, you can you can you can you paint a picture for me in your living room watching the game and when the and when the when they were coming back.
Speaker 2: Can you tell me the emotions from the youngsters from the young.
Speaker 5: Man maintained that they were going to win because I felt like Penrith was our biggest gollithe, you know what I mean. So we had so obviously careering myself and the boys. Meg came down. Meg actually got one of those signed jerseys like the minute the game was over, like you know the ones that they put up on the page, and the boys were just screaming. Shane was over to thing the San Corey's mate. He's a die hard Dragon support up commiserations. We were screaming so loud, and then like I think I had Meg first, and then Money was Corey, and then I was just bawling for like an hour, and then I watched all the highlights, like the boys went to bed because was falling asleep. I watched every single interview, every clip like.
Speaker 1: One am and And that's that's what we talked about during the year. It's all about escapism and the emotional part of you. I wanted to I was wondering.
Speaker 6: Actually, yeah, I really wanted Broncos to win it more than the album because one hundred percent of coins and would enjoy that victory, whereas if Melbourne it would five percent of that.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. Would the n R O W and the a f L as well, Yes, exactly me will talk about the W and watch it. I did.
Speaker 1: I actually came home and watched it. I actually came home and watch because I only watched the second half there. But controversially, yeah, but they'll they'll they'll play better.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: I know that you fund to try was very controversial. She didn't score.
Speaker 1: I mean, she didn't score, but that doesn't matter over eighty minutes. The better too, the better team and I forgot. I was going to say to you Melbourne, Oh yeah, I like to to and Nicole said something about Israel and haters. Can I just say that sometimes, you Melbourne people, before you blow your mouths up about the highest rating sporting game in history, maybe should wait a week.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you about that last week? Last week you said AFL was six minion That's what I remembered. Yeah, four point one four point one eight. But what they do is some sort of conversion. No, Now what they do is they do the average versus the peak. Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 3: AFL was four point one eight, the league was four point four six I think, but they were both around six point four peak.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, regardless, we got more than them, and that's all I care about.
Speaker 2: And then and then all Valent. That's all val.
Speaker 5: Also because obviously my feed is flooded with Broncos. But people had like people in New York or watching four am. They're having parties and they were showing videos of them like celebrating, but they were like silently screaming because like their partners, but their the UK in England, they had like an Aussi's living in UK group and it was a full pub pat watching the Broncos play like watching the.
Speaker 1: Grand So that's that's stream that's on stream, that's not official from a Channel nine.
Speaker 5: And then if you think about viewers every single like even the pub up the road, the one that I haven't taken you to yet, but there's a massive pub up the road, so all the viewers there. So the streaming is not actually one hundred percent because if you've got two hundred people up the road at that establishment, like it's actually more. But I got video. I got so many messages. I got videos from people on LinkedIn that that were at the pub celebrating, like it's like I was playing everyone's congrat I'm like, yeah, I did really well out there.
Speaker 2: He killed it.
Speaker 3: I was doing my best, but I could hardly see it at that point. I could barely see my phone celebrating.
Speaker 5: You already knew.
Speaker 1: I know to you that the South of France and a little team called Lada show. I know that they got together and in the middle of the night, and I know they watched it because I.
Speaker 6: Don't forget all of Puppy and New Guinea would have watched the Massive Fish in New Zealand for sure, so the pap New Guinea and New Zealand that know nothing about AFLs, so they would have got the country there.
Speaker 5: You guys see that the Broncos because obviously they're the only one that's ASX listed. There's stock Worth went from one one hundred and thirty million to one hundred and eighty million.
Speaker 2: Really one of the biggest rugby league club in the world.
Speaker 5: And then they announced that they're redoing Suncorp Stadium. I'm like, yeah, of course they are.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 3: One thing that surprised me the next day at some court they got ten zero there. I thought it would be twenty or thirty yeah too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but there's a lot of sore heads and it was the next day. Yeah, guys, they just came off the bus.
Speaker 2: It was really hot people. Was it really hot on Monday time?
Speaker 5: Hot? So hot I could still be like twenty six now. It was so hot I felt. And you know, I was saying to Nick, because you know, everyone's talking about how they were drinking and stuff. I'm like they were having because Reese Weal shpent live on his Instagram and I was like, oh no, but they were just it was really nice. They were all sitting in the middle of the field, just drinking beer and having cigars. That's all they were doing. They were singing like spy sculls and they were being silly. But that's when that Buzz when he was Ricky Jodan, Ricky was like, where where's Buzz? Buzz's number? The sack of potatoes?
Speaker 2: It Buzz deserves everything he goes, trust me.
Speaker 5: But they didn't do anything.
Speaker 2: I just had an opinion. It's not you know what I mean, But who.
Speaker 5: Cares if they were having cigars and beers.
Speaker 2: Who said anything had an issue anything.
Speaker 5: On the talk back up here there were people from you know, Melbourne and Sydney saying it wasn't.
Speaker 3: Really they would have been having lines too. You just didn't see that on Instagram.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well yeah, that's it. They won the Grand Final after nineteen years. I didn't keep drinking until I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't hear about the So for me, it's for me that the sweet. The sweet thing to this is like, it's interesting because when I left you last week he called me when I was driving home, She's like, how could you pick Melbourne? I said, no, no, no, I don't. I don't tip with emotion, I said I said, in my opinion, I think if I think if things go according to the plan like normal, I think Melbourne will win. But if Brisbane played footy, it's completely different. But Brisbane can't afford to give away the first half the way they have in the last two weeks.
Speaker 2: Because Melbourne and give it up.
Speaker 3: Boy was I wrong everything when everything when according to script and then Bridgman flipped it again and once they started playing footy. The performance by Reese was the best individual Grand Final performance I've ever seen in defense and attack.
Speaker 2: It was, it was, it was phenomenal.
Speaker 5: It was you imagine him in like five years.
Speaker 3: I reckon, I honestly reckon, go back to back. But sorry one second. The thing I wanted to point out though, was credit to Madge Michael maguire, you know, because I don't think he's getting enough credit, you know, for what he's done. And and I love, I personally love the fact that that Wayne Bennett is at South right watching his former club win their first premiership without him, with two people that South said weren't good enough to be there anymore, Adam Reynolds and Michael maguire. S think about that for a second and if you look at Michael Guise timeline. What what did he win? Two three in England, George two two to England and a Challenge Cup. Then he came here and he won it was South after after then he went to the Targets and it was no good.
Speaker 2: So I don't think it's a magicing there. But now his next club job is won.
Speaker 6: And again, well there you go, strike right in the Great Finals.
Speaker 2: Not to mention Origin, Origin and New Zealand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they flogged the Australians. Regarding the Broncos, and and and Nicole said, that was it who said that the best is yet to come?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't see the Broncos live often because they don't come to see you that often. Nor do I see the Storm that often.
Speaker 2: And you know the.
Speaker 1: First time I saw him, and the best is yet to come because they're in the infans infancy of development.
Speaker 2: They really are.
Speaker 1: They haven't understood the defensive structures are yet they enough to get away with it. The mag has got him with a pretty difficult structure of up and now and they haven't got it yet, you know what I mean. They're actually a passive defensive team in the in the general sense beside right in the middle where you run into paintinghouse and you have to copy it anyway, you know what I mean? So, and before you go on, I haven't seen them. They are a humongous team. They're so big and each individual player is so athletical, like no other team in the comp is as athletical. That's why. That's why they get away.
Speaker 2: From the army camps. And it's I don't.
Speaker 1: Know what, it's their natural being. And you know what, could I just say something? They did what they did and half the game Melbourne really did shut down pain and they did shut down.
Speaker 3: Isn't it amazing that what's his name? Coming comedy and drops the ball over the line which probably would have sailed it risb in one set score.
Speaker 1: And changed everything because that then then then Melbourne would have would have won the ground because they lost the ground. They lost it in the minute they lost the ground.
Speaker 2: It was all on. It was all on for everyone, you know, I mean, it was so much. It was so much fun, so much fun when that happened.
Speaker 6: When that happened, I thought straight away exactly calmer, because that's how Melbourne won against George Monday and dropped it.
Speaker 2: Over the remember, and that was the turning point. And then what happened to Melbourn dropped of differences he should have passed it. Yeah, true, he was over line. He could have scored someone on his left. Remember who it was that from Monday. Yeah, so they sort of copped the same thing where it was a big turning point. You're right, it changed.
Speaker 3: That was everything the score board was twenty six years ago.
Speaker 2: Think about it for a second. The very first video ref Grand Final. Oh I didn't know that. Yeah, with Jamie and co Yeah.
Speaker 5: They really played like they kept attacking trying to had this. Even Bellamy that he's like, you know there their plan to attack Walsh didn't work. And bell what did he say? He's like, well, you could do one thing, you could tackle him.
Speaker 2: Like his you can't tackle him what I saw?
Speaker 5: No, well no, but I think that's what I think we were talking about, like Artie when we're talking about last week. But they're so methodical and if Bronco is not that we played crazy, but we're very reactive and like very unpredictable. But you had Coats. I don't know what you guys think. Obviously Welsh is either going to take that too much suspension or plead early early play deal. But Coats dove into that tackle.
Speaker 3: You know, there's no way that wasn't as it's never in the final series if you watch it, it's it's it's head contact with the shoulder.
Speaker 2: But we've seen that. I'll make it simple. Did did he did he hit his head?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: His arms wrap around, But is it any different to the middle of player in the last minute His arms wrap around, But I mean that his arms wrap around?
Speaker 1: Yes, no, no, no, So that means ten in round and I agree I shouldn't.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't send him off in semi final.
Speaker 3: The ground's referee that way, definitely. That's what makes it good around in what you should be like that. I agree there too. In round ten it's ten minutes and two weeks because no rapid because it was the head with the force, which.
Speaker 5: I don't about the sin bin like that's fine. I feel like we would have won anyway. But the the way that they played, they played to get pens. That's what they were playing. They weren't playing footy, playing to get penny.
Speaker 2: Yes, started, yeah, I agree. The second half it was all about that, wasn't it. They stopped playing that they know they lost the ruck.
Speaker 1: They lost I mean they lost the ground and they were trying hard to get the ruck the ground back, so they go back to what they know to get the ground back. But Brisbane kept on pushing the front body down and they're getting up quick, so they couldn't win.
Speaker 2: They could have win the ground.
Speaker 1: And they kept on rolling and rolling and they'll go they'll go off their heads trying to get the ground there.
Speaker 2: But they got the ground back. The head every time. Peppen House was non stop this trying to get penalties. It's the whole time. But that's the ploy. That's the ploy.
Speaker 1: If you watch it live, I'm telling you now what outside I hated it. I'm like you, I despise Melbourne what they do. But guess what, watching it like.
Speaker 2: They do it. It's a work of art. I wish I suggest to you if you watch it live, sit next to me. But it's work. But it's why bottom line, bottom line. It was a should of the head. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, we're not talking about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: Absolutemes is to play footing, not to pretend you're injured. And I know Bronkers have done that a few times.
Speaker 1: There's nothing wrong with right about it, but everyone us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what if if the league literally get away, but you're going to do it.
Speaker 3: Look at look at look at Adam Reynolds. You fake the calf injury on Sunday night, consion.
Speaker 5: If you look at last week Penrith and you look at Storm, have a look at how many pens they get against. Actually any team that plays Broncos, which penalties are more?
Speaker 2: You know, you know what I thought, I still enjoyed journey.
Speaker 3: I thought it was a really bad look for the game, right you're considering it's twenty twenty five, which is no. We're seeing Adam Reynolds get carried around the field by two trainers, Like what, we don't have stretches, We don't have a buggy, Like it's twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: What are the Neanderthals? You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: But it's such a bad look for the game when two guys have to pick someone up and carry them around the whole field. You can't you don't have a stretcher. But Sushi, there's no paramedics on site.
Speaker 2: Sure there is.
Speaker 3: We have a little cart thing exactly like we've had we've had it before.
Speaker 2: Where is it? You know what I mean? It's such a bad look. Maybe it was so cheap, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: But you know what, at the end of the day, right, this is the second time the Storm has been held scoreless in the second half. Rooster's got forty on them and kept them scoreless, sort of the red flags.
Speaker 3: It's the first time. It's the first time they've lost back to back ground finals.
Speaker 2: Exactly, but with scoreless second half, scoreless. So we've been watching this from the Storm all year, this exact way they're scoreless. Well, this exact game. They start off hot, and I'll go back to what I said last week before. They've they've never hit their peak this year, really, not at all, not really because Brisbane was so good in that second half. Respect, Melbourne's defense was so soft. A lot of those tries, the one on ones, they were just falling off.
Speaker 5: Shirt didn't scro in the second half last.
Speaker 2: They were cooked.
Speaker 3: Once once Brisbane start throwing the ball. Once said to you, once they start playing footy, no one can match.
Speaker 2: Them, no one.
Speaker 5: They feel like they feel like because I've got all the frames on my wall, but they feel like that. You know, the thir Day like that era, that's what they feel like. They feel like that two thousand and eight to like twenty sixteen, like that really good you had like just all my favorites like that was That's what they feel like. They feel like they're coming to that. Not that Thiday was my favorite at all, but they've just got a thing about them. And if you're in Brisbane, like you go to Broncos club, like you see like even when we saw painhashes cracking around like how the guys are because the way that Broncos are, they're very much like the Queensland origin team because it's the first team number one in Brisbane, but two like they just they come from like the clubs and stuff that they come from, one having had the other side of it. They're not ideal. And also the locations that people come from like ipswich Low and they're kind of rougher areas as well, like that the guys aren't coming from private school like and they're training in harder conditions like you know we had cyclones and you know fires and everything like that. They've just built a little bit I think differently. But they and Madge is just he is so good. I just think, and he's so much respect to them. Even when he was drinking out of the toilet Munk, I was like, good on you, like just he just.
Speaker 2: Funny And how does it feel? Were the cop with you? Southwest coach.
Speaker 5: I'm fine with that. I told you guys last.
Speaker 7: Year that.
Speaker 6: You know, I agree you're It's a nice thing. Everyone's talking about the Bellamie how he's the greatest of all. He's won three premierships, right, and every one of those premierships is one or with is with.
Speaker 2: Cameron Smith Atalker.
Speaker 6: Just goes to show how good Cameron Smith is a he doesn't want a premiership without Smithy at hooker and.
Speaker 2: He's an important role. How important does Cameron Smith play?
Speaker 3: The guy's made eleven Grand finals. We made eleven, but he's made thirteen to it was stripped.
Speaker 5: Okay if you look at seven and like, I know you guys said last week that the boys love him and stuff, but I think even looking at press conferences, have you ever heard I think he's won five?
Speaker 2: Three I thought he had won five anyway, three take away if you two.
Speaker 5: Have you ever seen Madge throw the boys under the bus like Bellamy has done in previous press conferences.
Speaker 2: Not just has he thrown him under the bus.
Speaker 5: No, when Bellamy's like, oh well you could actually tackle him like he's been frustration, it's just frustrating. You know how you like watching Ricky Stewart, I like watching Bellamy press conferences.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, Okay, you know what if we talk about some individual performances on the night and in general the game, let's talk about the elephant the room obviously, Ree Walsh. You know what, because I've watched him live, I learned so much about him. There's sometimes there's sometimes in your life you walk onto the field and you have an out of body experience. I mean, I'm sure we've all we've all played a game and we had an out of body experience for maybe five minutes. When I saw Reese for about five minutes on you that he was going through that.
Speaker 5: Is that the first time you've seen him play live?
Speaker 1: Ye?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Yet I've always maintained, George that when I used to play soccer, I never lost.
Speaker 2: We just ran out of time at a time.
Speaker 1: You always had time to score another another couple. It was an experience, absolutely, No, Absolutely, it was a real experience.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen the Broncos for maybe five minutes.
Speaker 3: I saw six weeks ago, except that's I will always have that night in Bridgbone, and that's all I've got.
Speaker 2: That's all I've got. Trust me.
Speaker 1: He was playing at a pace mentally and physically much quicker than anyone on the field, including his his own team. He would go to play before the ball will be there. You've seen him live. Tea told me to tell me if this is true. He's so explosive off the mark. He will run in shape and it's a it's a sort of quick jog, and then when he gets the ball, he explodes. So what happens to the defender because he's going at Reese's pace when he's jogging. When Reese explodes, he's in the saddle. That's why he gets it on the outside shoulders, because he goes bang and you're before you know it, he's right next to you.
Speaker 5: You know, because I didn't know, like I thought that you'd seen that team live. Obviously, I've seen them like a ton of times in the last few years. But they that's why when I talk about when they've lost, they're just off and I can't explain it. Because I've seen them play live, right, because it's very visible. But even the way that him and Man work well together, Okay and.
Speaker 2: Mariana Karapani that's what That's what I was going to get to.
Speaker 1: The only human that is on his on his level in terms of mentally and physically the same pace is Man Now like him, loving doesn't matter. He's got something that that compliments Reese.
Speaker 2: The best thing that could have happened.
Speaker 1: At the end of that game or in midway for the game, unfortunately it was, was those two injuries because Man went to five eight right and then Reese went the first receiver.
Speaker 2: Then he just kept on going and they they they they explode.
Speaker 1: Together, Okay, and it was all I can say is what I saw was something that I haven't seen.
Speaker 5: For a long Man Man was he absolutely like obviously we can talk about half like Hals is brilliant.
Speaker 2: Different thing. Yeah, second thing was outstanding.
Speaker 5: He absolutely I was not surprised, but he absolutely outdid himself.
Speaker 2: I agree, I agree, which is a big stuff.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say that he was so close to Man of the match. Both of those two were so close to each other in Man of the Match.
Speaker 2: That's how good. He was.
Speaker 1: He was good when you see him live, Bud, It's it's completely different on television.
Speaker 2: I'm in all of this Broncast team. Sorry.
Speaker 6: You know which guy I thought was very underestimated. I thought he had an outstanding game, but didn't get much kudos.
Speaker 2: Did Mariner?
Speaker 6: He was, He was amazing and you've been telling me how good he is. But that game he ran to over two hundred meters. He was carrying it back so hard. He put him on, He put him in good positions all the time. If it wasn't Walsh, it was a Mariner run, you know what I mean? He really stood out.
Speaker 1: What Yeah, what I like about Mariana and she is that how they bring the ball back. That means that means Hass and Willison can be attackers, not not mules and carry carry you out of trouble the back three or four I can say because Stag does the same thing. Because because Stag turns an ordinary set into a good set, Okay, then you got pay Hass as an attacking weapon, you know what I mean? Now, his first thing, he was well contained. But you know what what Adi says, he's not human. Second stick, when I saw him he's not human. You know what, idea I've never you know what, throw me, throw me seven a sever throw me the best Bronco front front roller was what I saw for for ten minutes. I don't know, I'm not going to say as good as them yet, but let me tell you, you know what we see on television, see it live. I mean all what I saw as a different player. Lazarus, he's getting to those he's getting to those names.
Speaker 2: He's getting to love.
Speaker 5: How Peigs came on all the injuries, just stoic. It's like, I just felt very calm and he was just like methodical. He's like, it's okay, it's gonna keep.
Speaker 2: Going, you know what, even even to the end.
Speaker 1: Storm.
Speaker 2: I mean, we're not talking about them. They didn't play all that bad. They didn't let the game get out of hand, and at the end, for me, it was there. It was the one on one defense was terrible. Again, but you know what, a freakish retackle. The one on one defense was terrible.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, we were laughing, but.
Speaker 1: A freakish think tackle retackle kept out of scoring a try and winning the game.
Speaker 2: So they will not far away. But yeah, I agree, we just saw it now.
Speaker 1: We just saw the replay and it's not a storm top of the defensive.
Speaker 5: I don't know what happened. I don't know halftime or something, but I feel like Warbrick really annoyed them because we were laughing so hard because man was just smashing war bread. He was terrible, more aggressive than usual, like we were killing.
Speaker 1: How many I was I was on that side second half, Tea Israel was absolutely bathing him. I don't know what they were saying. They must have been talking about four X versus to his new I don't know, but Victoria, but he was bathing him, you know what I mean. And then and then that just all got into him and then he was bathing. Mean, he was bathing, mean, you.
Speaker 5: Know all Ezra's stuff that happened. He was like that, That's what it was like, that's that's Ezra. But better that's Ezra.
Speaker 2: That's had they forget he.
Speaker 3: Copied in the last two years ago he scored a trick and then had it taken off him in the last minutes.
Speaker 2: All those demons washed at a question. For all those demons are gone, is it.
Speaker 3: Fair to say that wash has ever taken cleary in terms of Grand Final.
Speaker 2: Performance, uh for for eighty minutes? Absolutely yeah, yeah, it was absolutely.
Speaker 6: Yeah, probably the best out of everyone I've seen.
Speaker 1: Clearly, I think everybody hands down the best individual pharmisly grand final I've ever said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 5: Where would you rate it on the best Grand Finals you've seen?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 3: Right up there? It was really excited. Yeah, like a lot of people. And it's just my opinion. A lot of people talk about twenty fifteen when the Cowboys beat the Broncos, right, and for me I did too JT No, But for me, that's one of the most boring games I've ever seen, with the exception of the last fifteen to twenty minutes, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It was the greatest for me.
Speaker 3: The greatest Grand Final ever is still eighty nine, and that's Steve Jackson. Try Yeah, if you haven't seen it, get on YouTube and look at it.
Speaker 5: Am I told this, But I was obviously getting lots of messages from everyone, and I always give Greg burn to ship just generally, and I just I wrote to him and he's like, congrats.
Speaker 8: You'll get blocked if I hear too much about But everyone, like you know, the in like the flooded mess just and stuff from people, and it's kind of nice.
Speaker 5: I like the fact that even even through this, saying to Nick last week, I went to a client and they were like, oh, I heard you're on a potty and now like all these people are listening to it now on Spotify. But when I talk about it or I talk about the potty, like, I got messages from people that don't really follow NRL but they were watching it. And that's what I think about, like Broncos or whatever team you support it. Actually, it's just the greatest thing ever.
Speaker 3: If Paramouna won the Grand Final on Sunday night, we'd have to do this on Friday night because I wouldn't behme yet. I still wouldn't behave yet straight off. I'd have to dial in from whatever fucking gather I'm lying in.
Speaker 2: Saying what did you.
Speaker 5: Think, Ardie? So you watched it with your wife.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was a fantastic game. I thought it was back. I was so impressed with the Broncos at twenty two twelve, I go, they can't do it again. This is the third week they've come back. They've only led affording me. It's in those two games.
Speaker 2: That dropped Try and changed everything it did.
Speaker 6: But I just couldn't see Broncosts coming back. And the second half they were on fire, like Ruce Walsh just destroyed them.
Speaker 2: That Try, who scored, was just all him. That was just give me the ball, I'm going to get it over the line and used to follow me and they did. He was cock. They've come back and they just kept going and going.
Speaker 3: They've come back six times in the last twelve rounds exactly.
Speaker 6: And they lost Hunt, they lost Billy Walters, they lost what's his name, what's the Reynolds, So they lost three and they had Israelmer and Ruthe Walsh to come in and take.
Speaker 2: I could argue losing Hunt Reynolds. Did I think.
Speaker 1: Was coming in at first? Received that, Yeah, and then then then that's when he's just so I'll say it again. I'll say it again, because they weren't really supporting Roles anymore. No, they weren't. Reese was on a different planet. And remember, sorry, the only lost Hunting what five minutes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he was. He was actually said in the table.
Speaker 5: They lost lost him.
Speaker 1: Because I saw an interview afterwards and he still looked pretty concast.
Speaker 2: So I don't think he can play this week.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's gonna play for one or two weeks. Yeah. Yeah, So so let's let's if you watch the roof, all the tries came off. It wasn't it wasn't. It wasn't. I came off a painhouse run. Okay, he created the opportunities. Okay, he was on a different planet when he got together with in the middle. Okay, then they both went together and created things. So so you take grease away from that that that game, Okay, I'll tell you now, it's not going to be broncos I think everyone knows that because.
Speaker 2: Every everything, everything came off, even that.
Speaker 3: But I'll say George my favorite saying if my grandmother had.
Speaker 1: There was a question, I asked, question the thing? So so so make they play good?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes, the second stint of the forwards or Patrick carry my god, Cape Kobe.
Speaker 1: He he was brilliant, Oh my god, yea, so pain was on the back burner or they they contained pain first half? Okay, but guess what, like I said, Patrick came up honestly, then was.
Speaker 2: He carry him play eighty minutes? Eighty minutes?
Speaker 1: He was amazing. He he was he was the driving force in the middle. And then and then back or the middle of the second half came what's that other back roll? Wilson, Willison, will God and then and then then they put pain on the last ten minutes. You know that Payne got about a thirty minute break or twenty something minute break.
Speaker 2: Okay, Wilson is just as good as paint half. I don't think Payne was one hundred percent because he could have. I saw, I saw, I saw him more. The thing he wasn't good last week he was. Yeah, so no, no, he wasn't good.
Speaker 1: Look the guys him, most other people, most of the guys wouldn't wouldn't play, wouldn't play a month ago. The guy's gonna have an operation on his back for God's sake. So yeah, so yeah, the year.
Speaker 5: The rounds at the Boys because I was just looking, but the rounds that the Boys didn't have Walsh or Reynolds, they actually got into their own because you had Arthur's remember, and you had that ship a psyche, Arthur's Marina, that kind of team. They did well without Walsh. They didn't. Actually that was the round the first game we beat you, guys, George, We didn't have walshe then and that was forty two twenty or whatever about eighteen, so they did well. But Walsh, hands down, will never leave the Broncos.
Speaker 2: Like it's already less than once.
Speaker 5: I mean now now that they can win.
Speaker 2: Three six, you might make him an offer he's not going to go to or something. Yeah, but it was Did we all have a good time watching it? Yeah? Absolutely? For me, I was one of the best.
Speaker 3: Definitely one of the top five Grand Finals I've seen in terms of excitement.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the same stuff.
Speaker 1: Look for me, it was an event, it was something special and I was privileged enough to watch, to watch them the first time. I've got a different I have a different view now on the storm as well, and I call it and I'll be I'll be saying, you know how Melbourne try to win the ground, Well, I've been against that for years and years and years.
Speaker 2: I saw it live. Now I call it a work of art.
Speaker 1: I call it a work of art because guess what Broncos was trying to do exactly the same thing, so George trying to do exactly the same thing. So they blame they blame somebody who does who does something the rest Yeah.
Speaker 2: And just everybody just to confirm that game. Oh yeah, I just wish then we're playing play football, just to affirm that game.
Speaker 3: That game is the single biggest spawning event for twenty twenty five in Australia, with four point four six million average views a peak of six point four million.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, all I care about is what I care about.
Speaker 5: You should watch like next year, and you, guys, because you're right there and there's seven games get played there, you should watch a Dolphins game.
Speaker 2: Yes, I haven't seen obviously.
Speaker 3: I think in the n RL they're going to have some competition from the A League next year because a league had a high TV ratings this year is about four hundred and forty two.
Speaker 2: People.
Speaker 1: We are we done with the Grand Fall?
Speaker 2: We can lightly touch on going to say, can we just quickly quick, let's let's mention the referera was good. We're going to give more. He was, well.
Speaker 3: Look, I think he refereed in line with how Grand Final should be referred. When I talk about the bit and all that, I don't want to see it exactly.
Speaker 2: It was referenced the way an Origin game was.
Speaker 5: So that was good.
Speaker 2: I thought he got it right I thought, he's that was good. I could see him. I could see him. It was it was easy for him to do a sym being with two minutes to go. Yeah, him trying to release the ruck because he hadn't had the first thirty minutes they spom had the broncoze just he say.
Speaker 3: He also picked up on Harry Grant's trip, which I did see. He probably called it back two tackles later.
Speaker 2: It was a call have you seen it? It was? Yeah, it was. It was soft trip. It was it was soft. But he got wrong footed. For this guy hates Melbourne with a passion. There was a trip. It was a trip. Was it was it was it was making. It was wrong, it was going. It was wrong foot it. It was wrong for it. It was it wasn't like a sticky It wasn't. He was just wrong. That's what I thought. I saw. It was teeky.
Speaker 3: I'm more happy to see that Harry Grint's two year reign as captain is back to back.
Speaker 2: Atkinson went well. Atkinson went well. Atkinson was good. Adam j was good in the four years ago, but then we hadn't win in the middle of that. So please anyone next year.
Speaker 3: You guys getting borised the next five Yeah, yeah, yeah, Blinda Clark is not up to it.
Speaker 1: I don't care what anyone says. Sorry, Sharp is not up to a t I don't care. I saw her again. She's not up to it. She's not up to even girl girls. The thing, this game was four years in the making. Two years ago the Broncos were smashing the Riostlers. Two years ago, Rusters beat the Broncos, and then when they walked away, they said, we learned how to win a game. Okay, since then the Broncos haven't been been the Wristlers. This game, Tea, was four years in the mat making. And what did we see? What did that was? It was equal to the men's game. It was equal to the men's game the girls.
Speaker 5: Because I was watching it with the boys, Prior and Meg, and they were like, oh, because obviously I watch every girls game and the girls. I said to them, they just take slower the start.
Speaker 2: It's it's a different thing, you know.
Speaker 5: Twenty minutes or so. But I didn't. I wasn't worried about the girls, the Broncos girls either, because I watched the Roosters the previous week against the Knights, and they were just and what happened to Tiana? How come she wasn't playing NAVIDI wasn't playing for the Roosters.
Speaker 2: The winger. I think she got injured in the warm up. Yeah she done, yeah, yeah, she done in the warm up. And they said I said that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: You remember they said that they had yeah, yeah, you remember they said they had a rookie, a rookie, yeah had I said they had a rookie on the bench because of her. It was in the warm up she had done.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But besides that new Funger was was was brilliant, all of them, you know what. Kelly was quiet and she got injured as well. She she played on. She had a PCO and she kept on playing on. I just I just the game was to and fro. I loved it. I loved it.
Speaker 2: It was so physical. How physical was it?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Well the boys are watching it too, and meg Kis makes hers like my length, and we were just we always sit there and go because it hurts to get your hair.
Speaker 2: They pulled her all the time.
Speaker 5: We were saying, I'm like, we never ponytail whipping around. It probably haven't end up bun with like a.
Speaker 1: Shell and you know what Nicole missed. Uh, Nicole missed a genuine braw a genuine punch, genuine.
Speaker 2: At the end.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know what George happen there? Yeah, I don't know. It just got to be funny. But you mentioned to make her Upton right before. She looks like the type of person who give her a tennis racket and she'll kill tennis.
Speaker 2: Give her a cricket, balls or bowl. She just looks like she's just a natural at anything. She just looks so much better than everyone else. She's a class above. The way she kicks, the runs, everything she does, it just looks so natural and just just a step above. I thought she didn't play well. It was one of her quiet game, but she still looks good when when she doesn't play well.
Speaker 1: And next year she's going to get balls from from what's her name?
Speaker 2: What's the Newcastle for half back?
Speaker 5: I was saying this to the guys because they're like best friends.
Speaker 2: Or something, your best friends.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, because we were talking about not long ago. I can't remember. I was trying to remember it the other day. It'll come to me. But she to Upton is like the Walsh.
Speaker 1: Yes, what she's like, but the difference is that she's always like that.
Speaker 2: She's so grateful, she's.
Speaker 1: So good, and you know what, even even the sener whatever got blanket from all of them.
Speaker 2: What's the senner's name? Her funer or Julia Robertson.
Speaker 1: Robertson Roberson, How good is how good is Robo?
Speaker 5: She's brilliant, all of them, just in.
Speaker 2: The funger the try it wasn't a try, but anyway it doesn't don't they video referees? Ye, well she went with whatever in the sharp said, well, they because the head was in the way, because obscured because of the video. The board hit the ground doesn't matter. I love it. It's cool. I was going for Broncos.
Speaker 5: Called non conclusive. They looked at because there was too many girls around them, and then old Lover's hands were underneath as well. But like George said, Broncos better the minutes.
Speaker 2: I'm doun.
Speaker 6: I think if they didn't score that try, they would have scored anyway, regardless of I just looked like the storm was coming and they just couldn't get through it.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. I really wanted to watch that game. I just missed it.
Speaker 1: Just next time, I've got I've got it on table watch. It I loved it. It was you know what, if you watched any game, any game in the last four years of women's that was the one.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was so good. It was so good.
Speaker 5: Every time the Broncos loser try or try some allow this is George. They score within eight minutes, eight ten minutes after.
Speaker 2: Because of America. Probably. Yeah, she's good.
Speaker 1: And I said, when when Jesse goes there, when Southwell goes there, it's they're going to be so dangerous because do you expect I love the captain and the five eight. I forget her name is the the old woman that she calls herself.
Speaker 2: But but.
Speaker 1: Captain brigging sure, brigging Sure, I love I love breaking Sure, but she's she's now Jesse.
Speaker 5: South Yeah, it would be last year this year Briging Sure.
Speaker 2: Well, Jesse, if Jesse comes in more than did you see that head not? Yes, both of.
Speaker 5: Them two roosters play hit each other. I was out here and the other ones.
Speaker 2: Kept playing.
Speaker 1: They kept women's going strange. They hit hard. But oh yeah Broughton. Broughton's going back to Warriors. So that's why they got Jesse. Yeah, Jesse, we'll go straight to seven at the.
Speaker 5: Very end, because I think it's the chick with the head gears. She kept like being probably annoyed that they were going to lose the roosters, so it was really weird. They run on the field, celebrated, then she got into a fight. There was a massive punch on. Then two minutes later they were all, oh, yeah, yeah, sounds good old stuff.
Speaker 2: It was just good. It was just good. The crowd erupted when fund the score. The crowd absolutely erupted.
Speaker 5: To you, it's brilliant. I would have thought Upton would have gotten that metal, but obviously she got it.
Speaker 2: She was brilliant.
Speaker 1: You know what, watching watching Upton live, every time she gets the ball, the whole crowd and with no one who knows how many people know the crowd.
Speaker 3: Yeahs, she really stuck it up them, really stunt that album.
Speaker 2: It was sensational. Anyway, let's let's move on. What do you guys want to move on to next?
Speaker 3: Do you want to do a Team of the Year or do you want to do the danly qh Awards of the Year.
Speaker 6: Can I just quickly talk about Super League for a second. Yeah, because that was good. There was two good games on the weekend. It'll be quick, it'll be quick good, so we can worry his eighteen. The Lee Leopards as in the world six, so we can Warriors go to the next to the Grand Final.
Speaker 2: Can I just say about that the school is very deceiving.
Speaker 6: Yeah it was fourteen six nil, yeah, six halftime lead and they scored right in the end and they to make it.
Speaker 1: Wigham is the only team who play very NR el ish and even even the Leopards Lee leparts they still play Super League way, so they're very systematic and very methodical. So that's probably the memories and they won because Lee is very good. But I think the owner he's had enough. He's looking for trophies, okay, And I saw him on on media there that is he wants to put a line in the sand and he's he wants cadle water.
Speaker 2: He just wants to win. He wants civil wear enough and enough enough. He said, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 6: And then we've got Hulkingston Rovers twenty Saint Helen's our team tenure.
Speaker 2: They lost.
Speaker 6: They got twelve points. So whole kre going the Grand formal like against Warriors. Wigan Warriors one verse two. Who do you think is going to win?
Speaker 2: Just quickly?
Speaker 1: All year, Whole KR have been the team. They even look like the team. But I'm going to do the same thing and I'm going to get egg in my face because I've got egg in my face on on Sunday. I believe System beats Brilliants. Okay, I still believe that's so.
Speaker 2: I'm Wigan. I'm going just quickly mate. So whole KR, whole f C.
Speaker 6: You've got Rapana cat cast Adam Caesar John from the Australian Contingent.
Speaker 2: That's FC. Oh sorry, the wrong one, the wrong yeah, the wrong whole k Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah sorry. Where are they? I've never got him here?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah sorry, They've got Peter Hicky So so, says Sue, Jared Worry, hargraveses Martin Oliver Gilder hard Graves.
Speaker 2: He's spend, spend, spend. He hasn't played half the year. That's right. Keep on hitting people in the head, team people on the head.
Speaker 6: And the Wigan Warriors got j Field, Adam Kean Bevan French, Luke Thompson and.
Speaker 2: It's funny the super League.
Speaker 1: The super League supporter in the Grand Final said to me that the Bevan French because he's he's the best player there in England, he's the best player in the world. And west of picking him in the Australian team because you know how we got it wrong. We won't pick a super League player. Is Bevan French a spot in in England? He goes, yeah, I go, can you imagine what what I'll do to him here? I'll turn him inside out outside in?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: He's a spotted. He's a spot. If not the other teams called a try it's through him. Yeah, okay, he missus tackle still, but it doesn't matter. It scores four. He scores for him by himself, does he does?
Speaker 2: But I said, I said to him, if he's a spot in simple, can you imagine what the forwards would do to him? He can imagine the half backs that will turn him inside out outside in? I said, oh yeah, yeah, maybe. And how how are you going to watching the how the how is going to control rees? Exactly? No way? And guess what it's on.
Speaker 1: You know that the Broncos are going to play the Club Championship World Club Championship.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know that's good. He's called it, which is great.
Speaker 1: They're going to go They're going to go to what depends I think, no, no, how HOWK wants to do it? Ellen Raid wherever they play, but if it's Wigan, they'll come here. They said, okay, well I can't wait. I can't that's good, that's back. It's a shame that they stopped at us. I want to see them controlling res I can't wait.
Speaker 6: Yeah, awesome, all right, And we were the Warriors. They beat the Billy Bears, so the state champions.
Speaker 2: It's a little bit, it's a little bit unfair.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, one's a semi first grade basically. The other one is a genuine reserve team, Burlei, Broncos, Feeder.
Speaker 2: Club.
Speaker 5: There might be Titans too, But I'm glad Berie.
Speaker 2: One Pinsland team lost. Yeah you go, Yeah, it wasn't It was unfair.
Speaker 1: And and.
Speaker 2: The best half back in the world. Yeah, did you see him? Which one? The absolutely?
Speaker 5: What's happening with him next year?
Speaker 2: He's got?
Speaker 1: Is he saying there? I don't know, I don't know, I don't know. But he's he's a first grader. He's a first grader. He's too good for reserve grade.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I feel like they Yeah, it was probably unfair, but although ballie, do you have a fair bit of like they get players that pop in and out that years ago though, But yeah, I was happy that they because Warriors.
Speaker 5: We're doing so well generally at the beginning of the year.
Speaker 1: It's nice for I think they only lost two games or three in the compl in this year. Yeah, three, Yeah, so that was the best team in reserve grade by fire.
Speaker 5: Apparently Jared Barrio Hargras is allowed to play.
Speaker 2: How do you get away with that one? You got off? Your appealed overturned? It looked pretty hardly. He looked pretty hard to me, and he's it looked pretty high to me.
Speaker 1: Anyway, good on good he can get it. You can get sent off in the Grand Final. I hope it his last year because he's not gonna. He's not gonna. You can't maintain a year anyways.
Speaker 2: On board, let's go, let's get back.
Speaker 3: Everyone's back from their toilet break. Where do you guys want to go next? Tidy years? Are we going to go?
Speaker 2: One position? Like around the table? All right? Gay George? He got a full back?
Speaker 1: Uh look there that I think there's only one full back for me? The Deli Winner of the Year. I think Teddy is the Teddy is my man.
Speaker 2: And dumb question Teddy.
Speaker 3: You know I had Teddy until the weekend. Yeah, George Williams.
Speaker 1: I got Coats and you know what, I had a metal blank and I put to But I'm sure there's others.
Speaker 2: But I'm happy that.
Speaker 5: Well things you got to d I had the different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's how point it is. Whole point?
Speaker 5: Are you doing stitch ups?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, we're all different.
Speaker 2: We're all different. We'll watch things differently.
Speaker 5: I wass it for Manny Stags, Yeah, Stags or Mariner.
Speaker 2: On the wing? Okay, and the other ye. I had Coats and Markey Mark. That's exactly what I want.
Speaker 3: I've got Mary.
Speaker 2: It's the best. George. Who are our centers? Okay? Again?
Speaker 1: Farms Worth, love love him. He was probably the best for me, the best center in the game before he got injured. And you know what I'm going to change. I had Crichton, but I'm going to put a red line through it, and I'm going to I'm going to say Stags, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yes, Stags and fun worse.
Speaker 2: Because I loved he was so good.
Speaker 6: I'm going to say farm Worth. It was amazing and I'm gonna I had Crichton.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the rule the wrong loser here? Is that a loser? I've got Crichton and farm Worth. Yeah, Nick, we're the same.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who's the who's the that movie? We're the same, We're not the same. Who's five eighths?
Speaker 2: George?
Speaker 1: I think for a whole year, you know, for twenty seven rounds, twenty eight rounds. It's got to be strange, surely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is a strange one. Strange yep. Who you wanting to be funny man?
Speaker 5: Stranger or man? When he was in it?
Speaker 3: Right, it's hard Yeah, easy for me.
Speaker 2: It's a strange one, but it's strange strange.
Speaker 3: I've got Cameron Monster. Yeah, absolutely, good Year, George. Who's the half back in this team?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Look, there is no there's no question in Katola. Yeah you kidding? Yeah, good Year? He is the best.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's brilliant.
Speaker 6: If this guy stayed fid all year, I would have put Luke Metcalfe.
Speaker 2: From the Warriors. Yes, yes, but I'm giving it to Nathan. Yeah. I thought the back end of.
Speaker 3: The year, talk about being fiddle year. I've got Moses if he's if he's fit. Yeah, he didn't half missed half the season. George, who are two props?
Speaker 1: Well, Zambie going to be too paining, huss yeahs like human, he's not human. And Adam Blake and why because he takes the whole team with him.
Speaker 2: He really does.
Speaker 1: He's he's And I know that they died in the Askana, but.
Speaker 2: They had a good winning streak two games, two games. All those two games, he was the driving force. Ten props.
Speaker 5: It's half.
Speaker 2: People, he's the other one people.
Speaker 5: I just had you gave me different questions what.
Speaker 2: I just asked you. The two props were, who are you two props? My gimme is tap he's the best of me standing. Yeah, I'd love to have them to reckon plays a guy who's George.
Speaker 1: You know what, this might be controversy, it might not be a controversy, But I mean love with Bradley. Yeah, I mean love seriously, aim like yeah, and he looks so good.
Speaker 2: If he was throwing hard, I wonder I'm with George Bradley. Harry Grant. Yeah, he had a great he was absolutely overall. George, who are your two background? Okay?
Speaker 1: The guy the guy who scored a try in the Grand Phonal Katara that say, at least and I'm going to be with he's twisted my arm. He's been working only for about three years. And Young, you've twisted my arm twisted, You've got me, You've got me, you.
Speaker 2: Got your backgrowers.
Speaker 5: I like Katoa and Young's are I didn't really think about the back rowers.
Speaker 2: Will Willison. This was this was a hard one for me.
Speaker 6: So I had parts and Young Kna, but I could have easily given it to Britain. The Kora from the Coronla and I liked them. I thought it was his name, didn't Lucas started awesome, But I also liked crime and Angus.
Speaker 2: I thought it was great again, I've the same thing. And who's locking the scrum? George?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm sorry, I got you.
Speaker 2: What he does? No one else does what he does? Ten lock? What's the bron gas lock? Who carry carrying?
Speaker 5: Carry goody thinking of the New Zealand one.
Speaker 2: Baron Clark. Actually he won. He's real good. He's really really he's very good.
Speaker 6: Yeah you know, I thought kurk Man had a good year, but I gave it to Yo in the end, kirk Man was good though he was outstanding.
Speaker 2: You know, I've got your.
Speaker 5: Choosing people from your team. Huh that you're not choosing people from your own team?
Speaker 2: Didn't win them? He did? I had Moses.
Speaker 6: Who from Saint George would you pick? Honestly, there's not one player that should have been there nothing.
Speaker 2: I think. I think you're half back made some Australian squad. That happened. Alright, who's the last one? We got the Daily Quick Hands Awards. The Daily Quick was that my Norge team as well? That was my Noise team.
Speaker 6: The only difference he had was he had to disco Crichton headed the whole Rooster's team.
Speaker 2: Like t like Tenure. Let's go around the grounds on this one like we did.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: So the first award is the Academy Award for the best on field performance in brackets, dive or Simulation, Best Die George.
Speaker 2: You are okay?
Speaker 1: So look this this person had a lot of from round one he was he was out there trying to get this award. But the day, the performance he gave when Nathan kicked the field gold and he ran into Lioda was one of the best performance scene since I don't know, maybe Jack Nicholson in once whatever the cookers in it. So for me, Harry Grant, top of the just give him the trophy. Now, just give him the trophy that was gold.
Speaker 2: But what absolutely, Harry Grant, obviously none of you watched paramount of play the Dolphins. I've got Herbie farm with. What do you do?
Speaker 3: He got shot by a sniper. Every forgot about that. Everyone he was. He was clinically dead for two minutes on the field before he got up and joged back in a position.
Speaker 2: Can I give flowers to everybody who gets on his knees and.
Speaker 3: Hold hold the which never existed before the attack?
Speaker 1: Could I get flowers to everybody who sort of looks sick and when they get the penalty jump up and its fine to get back to the positions, like you know, give flowers all them?
Speaker 5: Should we should have rolled super into this because.
Speaker 2: Carl felt like, first ye should have got it. Joe, who's the rookie of the You know what, I hope you're allowed to vote anyone. Yeah no, I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but but but but I'm not going to vote him. I saw a young man come from obscurity and become not only a regular first grader, maybe an elite. In the next couple is an elite a first grader, the future Greek mortal is a LONGI the future, Sorry, it's a future cypriator.
Speaker 2: Model, younger, lonely and you know what, I know what you're saying. Who you're saying? What's the other half is to joking?
Speaker 1: His tongue syprio, his mom's his father's tonger than his mom either.
Speaker 5: Jie Gray or Ashton Ward.
Speaker 2: Not a rookie.
Speaker 6: Sorry, I was tough on for me. I had Markey Mark and I had Leka had a sea from worries. I thought it was brilliant. He was so good. Well I got it, Lika got it, but yeah, Marky Mark should have too because.
Speaker 2: He was outstanding. I'm biased a young no good Man, good Man, you know what.
Speaker 1: I thought of giving it to Markey Mark and I know it's his first year in rugby league, but he's a.
Speaker 2: Duly international now, yeah, I mean he's not rookie. Yeah, I know he's Then I'll give it to who's your coach? George very good.
Speaker 1: I'm torn between a couple of lovers. I mean, everybody's going to say Ricky and Ricky got it and and I say, yes, he took the team which we all thought were going to be in the bottom, and he's took him to one of the premiers. But can you can you deny what Ivan did during the year?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? And can you deny what Madge did by the end of it?
Speaker 5: Going to say, I'm not saying Ricky.
Speaker 1: Ricky and and I imagine because because what made how much started to how he finished with the team is two different teams and two different approaches of coaching. So either either I'm torn, I don't know. I'll give them all of them, you know, I mean, if I have to pick one, I'll pick Ricky like everybody else.
Speaker 5: But I actually went Madge and then my second one was Christian Wolf.
Speaker 2: Christian Wolf, yes, actually, but yeah, you won't cross that border. Will you forget.
Speaker 1: Did or do you think coming to contention that did did?
Speaker 2: Did?
Speaker 1: There's come in contention the coach of the year?
Speaker 2: Ye who you are?
Speaker 6: Ivan's up there? But I've also I want to mention Robbo. I think Robert had as this team which everyone had sn youngsters and no one picked them for finals.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I still had superstars in his team sticky lips Ricky Stewart because because he's got a team, well, he's got a team of nobody's that we all expected to do nothing.
Speaker 2: But they did pretty well. I think so too. Who's the worst coach of you, George?
Speaker 1: Maybe one, I think mister O'Brien. Yeah, for Newcastle. He just they just didn't respond to him. Yeah, and I don't Actually I don't think he's a bad coach. I really don't. But he had how many years now, four or five? Yeah, and they just didn't respond. So again, I don't think he's a bad coach, but let's say he's a bad coach.
Speaker 2: Ten worst coach to you?
Speaker 5: Sorry, George, Yeah, checkerbill coach, like you know, grab a pair, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: And we feel the way I told Ardie, I'm calling me our checkbook coach party work.
Speaker 2: Actually, can you pick a coach he picks his son ahead.
Speaker 1: Of he's international, he's an international Asia paying.
Speaker 6: I've got to agree with you guys and go oprien mate.
Speaker 3: I've got a des Yeah, he's got so much experience and a better, better squad.
Speaker 2: Can I change it to avoided this food?
Speaker 1: On the last day I was disappointed with I was so disappointed.
Speaker 2: Here's your most underrated player. Because the Times is a good team. He had a good exactly.
Speaker 1: I think I'm torn between two lovers now, Joe Gray for someone and reason super coach just put him to reserve grade for three quarters of the year. You know what I mean. He was leading them. You he was leading the d M the first month, and all of a sudden he wasn't good enough to play, to play first grade.
Speaker 3: And because he was replaced by the only guy who's allowed to have a medium band all season.
Speaker 2: And I have to talk to Mitchell.
Speaker 1: I'm going to throw another another player in and use You are probably going to disagree, but I maybe I rate him too high. Will Persini, I rate this kid and I I didn't hear any talk. I hear will talk about his brother apparently in reserve grade doing doing well. I think he's going to come in and they all call Will Pensini a solid defender.
Speaker 2: I think he's more than a solid defender's good. I think he's more than a solid defender and most underrated player.
Speaker 5: The boys had to tack him to this. So I'll quickly read Cray Paisi judge start sorry to do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, underrated? That the most underrated half a team. Uh, the most underrated player.
Speaker 6: The guy that I reckon is most underrated, and I thought he was outstanding this year but didn't get called up in the origin and stuff. He might not agree with me, but ill mate. I didn't think much of this guy, and he came out and he was one of the best front rollers.
Speaker 2: I didn't think. I didn't think much of him. I thought of him.
Speaker 1: The only reason I didn't put him down is that he was a high, high price purchase from the.
Speaker 2: But it was it wasn't. Yeah, he was a pen didn't he just go there? There is a high price.
Speaker 1: He was a high price for them to bring him over to the West. Yeah, he was high price. He wasn't high priced that East, but he was high priced when they brought him over.
Speaker 6: I just didn't expect mushroom. But I thought he let the Tiger's pack very well.
Speaker 2: He did. This one's going to spinsive heads. George. Here's your most overrated player of this season.
Speaker 1: Overrated player, you can pick it, Tommy latrell Nik your choice.
Speaker 2: And most overrated player. Yeah, one hundred percent. Yeah, he's one hundred million percent. Yeah, over, I agree, Yeah, I agree. Another underrated player sext and maybe put him at the underrated George. He's the toughest player, toughest. You know what, I haven't feeled that. I don't know why I haven't feeled that one is easier. I haven't feel that.
Speaker 5: Have you got your boyfriend that you love? No, mine's big papa.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, okay, yeah. He wears big hats and the birds they ship on his lips. Alreadie, who's your toughest player of.
Speaker 2: The toughest player of the year. With his lips, he can stick him to the wall. You know, I'm gonna put my I reckon to desk teacher to say, motherfucker. Sorry Teddy.
Speaker 6: At the age of the years thirty two years old, everyone had him as busted and dumb. He was strong as I thought, he was very.
Speaker 3: My toughest player is because the fact that he's like one of the toughest players in the game, playing injured the whole second half of the year is paying half. Yeah yeah, with with with with more multiple injuries as well.
Speaker 2: True, I can feel this scene. Yeah, I was stinking monster.
Speaker 1: Who's the dirtiest or the grub of the Okay, So so I'm gonna I'm gonna spun me around on this one as well. He's the one who brought out some facts and you can't remember and you know what about it?
Speaker 2: Then you call him. I saw him do one base.
Speaker 1: Anything, Stephen, Stephen and and you know what, I've got special mention for Harry Grant. Harry Grant, special Corey paints, give me something, Corey paints some dirty, dirty Grant, Harry Grant.
Speaker 3: I've got, I've got, I've got a player who's who's down for I've personally enjoyed watching that read money.
Speaker 5: Nick actually tod yell out. I think you've heard you say before.
Speaker 3: He's an interesting one. With my last tenure, George. Best comeback of the either team, game or player.
Speaker 1: Okay, player, she was like it was on the sc scrap a comeback or he was on the scrapper. He came from nowhere, It wasn't there, It disappeared and came okay, okay, good, good point, good point. So I'll go then the other way he was sprung. He was sprung, Okay, go the other way. Come back as as a as a team or a game Broncos versus the Dogs versus the Raiders, versus Penri versus the Storm.
Speaker 2: Your all of them be best comeback.
Speaker 6: Yeahughn's going to be the Panthers. The start that they had at the year was terrible and no one had the finals, and they came to the finals and they nearly got to the Grand Final one week away.
Speaker 3: From which just just so much about Ivan Cleary. Yeah, to pick him up off the canvas, I've got the game. I've got Brisbane camera for me.
Speaker 2: George. Who's who's the biggest fallen player of the year? Bomb? This year? You know what?
Speaker 1: And I noticed this, this particular player made the straining team.
Speaker 2: I have no idea best. Yeah. I didn't think he had a good season at all.
Speaker 1: From a from a good season last year too, I thought quite ordinary season this year. And I know he was injured a little bit, but even when he played, he wasn't he wasn't effective and.
Speaker 5: Bomb, I didn't have one for this boys and many mean that's it.
Speaker 2: This is.
Speaker 6: I would say I expected a lot from this guy, Valentine Holmes.
Speaker 2: He did nothing. He dropped a lot, So you need to get a solid season. Fair bit of a got injured. Yeah, but he was hopeless. He was dropped a lot of ball, miss some goals, crystal goals.
Speaker 3: I looked at this one from a fiscal point of view in terms of good investments. I've got dreams now. I think one try a year for one point five million pretty good.
Speaker 2: I was waiting for a premiership to try. Who's your pain out.
Speaker 1: Of the You know what, I'm biased as well, and I don't seem as much as you blokes, but I hear enough. Uh, you know what, Buzz isn't the biggest peanut in the game.
Speaker 2: Who is? I hate Buzz? I hate you. I don't know why. I just hate the guy. He just says things that you know, Look, you.
Speaker 1: Know because he's a he's a I think columnist or a rumor among guy. He doesn't check his fact. He thinks says he does, but he's always wrong. But anyway, I'll give me and here's your pain out of the Cory paints the.
Speaker 2: Final.
Speaker 6: Of course, of course, I think the guy that made the biggest penut of himself was Gus Gould with the.
Speaker 2: Well I've never spoken to him ever.
Speaker 3: Yes, since you guys are basic. The year based off players who have said something made statements came back to buy them in. I'm going to go with you? Was he last year? We would have made the eight? He'll get away.
Speaker 1: Wait, well it's not over, not over, George, who's the bugging by the Well?
Speaker 2: I hope I can get this right? She was psy how's that? Do you give me some support?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: God, can think about this one?
Speaker 6: You go for I've got She was hockey Sky. Yeah, did they buy that? Thomas Jenkins going.
Speaker 2: Because when yeah, scrap played well throughout the whole year. I don't know why didn't make the finals with chins he played, He came on train control and they gave him one hundred and hundred and a sandwich exactly. It was hip. She was like, you still want to two hundred and fifty thousand? Could? I could?
Speaker 3: I could almost argue lam Walker for parents. Oh yeah, well halfway through the year you just revived, like, oh yeah, you know what, that's a good call. That's a good call, big call, George. Team that overachieved this.
Speaker 2: Year, Okay, we're going to be a different I'm gonna say the Roosters, Yeah, overachieved.
Speaker 1: Over chie Well, everybody said that they lost eight players from last year, and everyone was talking bottom bottom four, and they have achieved.
Speaker 2: They made the Semis. It's pretty good. I'm sort of saying it's a good thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, bro on, give me something outside of that Penrith and Eels only because it Eels did a full complete.
Speaker 3: Turnover game one forty six a half time. There's nowhere else to go as well. I think already overchieve over achieved team in the.
Speaker 2: Year no one. Yeah, I agree with George, Roosters because no one expected them to get as good as they did, so they did. Definitely for me, I've got the Faders, I mean the Raiders. The Raiders what you're saying bottom for.
Speaker 3: I'm really biased with the next one, George, what's the best game of the year?
Speaker 2: Okay, it was.
Speaker 1: It was bathing in somewhere in Scathos or Santurni or somewhere, and we were here on a cold Thursday night and we saw Bulldogs and Penrith go to go to war. And that was because of the style of game. That was one of my favorite games. Or yeah, because it was just a grind fest. Eighty minutes of a GrindFest and it was hoo blink first and guess what, Bulldogs bling first? Because they brought Calvit galan.
Speaker 2: On And this is a dumb question. Game of the year, best game.
Speaker 5: Of the year outside of the Grand of course, yeah, definitely, but also the family game of the year. When Bulldogs lost to the in round round around round four. I think whenever we.
Speaker 1: Smashed you was the first game. Yeah, yeah, we lost against you, smashed.
Speaker 2: Us in love at this.
Speaker 6: But my two, I've got two when when saintspeak Melbourne and Saint speak Broncos because I was watching the Grand.
Speaker 2: Both but I expected smashing. I'm watching that game, going, god, what am I going to see here? And they won. It was like it was exciting for me. For me, it was Easter Monday. It was Tigers. Yeah, good, great game. Smash yeah yeah, George best try of the year.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm not sure if he was here. Mike Mikey Mark against the Dogs. Yeah, you've seen it. Mikey against the Bulldogs. Decided to kick the ball twice on one foot, go outside of the field, come back in the field. The ball somehow bounced up but too far away it was going out and decides who dive grab it from the outside of the outside of the field and bring it in and score a try just for theatrics. For me, that's the try of the year. There's other good tries with fifteen hands touched with that one just is burnt in my mind, and I know, I know Nicholas one and that's that was probably my second favorite. Which one which Brod goes, which bron.
Speaker 5: Goes, raiders person when it hit the upright.
Speaker 2: Miracle of miracle, that's my second. You know.
Speaker 6: There was a special try that was scored George by the Tigers in the Grand Final. Benu March did a flick pass and it was on TV everywhere and we saw a similar try to that with the Tigers.
Speaker 2: Taylor ran and then Tailor Mane did the same thing and did a flick past the bull and he scored. It was remnant like it was just it was so similar with the game where they the bed that was it was a good try that it was a mad, mad, beautiful the oracle, emudgy miracle.
Speaker 3: Nathan Cleary kicking a match winning field goal and ten seconds later he lost.
Speaker 2: Yes, no one saw that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Higher Weeks is one of the best. We're seeing the best footed players come out at the moment.
Speaker 2: He is brilliant. How long is it until he wears the Bronco shirt? You reckon, I don't o weeks, it's just a matter of weeks.
Speaker 3: What would you who's the George, who's the coach is under the most pressure this year?
Speaker 1: I actually don't think any of the coaches are under allusional power. I think because they're all new or they're all said, but I don't know ten for for you the frame.
Speaker 2: Benji, But I think for me, I know how much love you got for.
Speaker 5: I think Wholebrook just generally is his first job. If you're saying the most under pressure, under pressure, I've actually been Hannah also.
Speaker 2: Years when you have the least pressure the first two.
Speaker 5: Years, Benji Marshall and talking about it doesn't matter about your first year you're under pressure anyway.
Speaker 2: I just think your first year you get a pass.
Speaker 3: Yeah, first year, especially especially Josh Hanes his first year as a coach.
Speaker 5: Actually I did think serroudo because there's a lot of craziness.
Speaker 3: That's happened years he's signed for thirty one.
Speaker 2: He's not guss best mate.
Speaker 6: The year it should be flanning in because but I'm going to put one out there that has never happened before in our lives.
Speaker 2: But I've got Wayne Bennett.
Speaker 6: If Sous have another ship year like they did this year it was ship and that they're not getting better. So I don't know have souse are going to cope with another fifteenth place or sixteenth place again, that's a third year in Roman or something, and he had a few injuries this year, but still he must be under some.
Speaker 2: Pressure for me.
Speaker 3: For me, he might as well keep his golf clubs in the back seat because this time this year Benjamin better. Yeah, I was right, Yeah, I said, George last one. Okay, worst by the season, worst by you know what, South Sydney. Everyone's seaking the same thing, so yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: South Sydney went searching for a half back because they got rid of a guy called Reynolds and they're still trying to find Monday. They try to agree him all and he didn't. He didn't work out either, So they went to the north of England and they found this reserve grade which apparently was playing first grade. Because I've been watching him and I didn't raid him.
Speaker 2: Louis God, he was so good. I think you played to first guy games.
Speaker 1: And on top of that, they're paying the bus at seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: They've just released him, right, they just released t worst by the season. Oh am I doing.
Speaker 6: Of course's got to be there, Gavin's got to be there.
Speaker 2: But I'm going to put Brandon Smith. What would you buy him? Then? Two weeks is in court? Really didn't know that was gonna happen. I've got it. I'll got wrong.
Speaker 3: Member, it's a photo finish between Brandon Smith and Lachlan Gavin.
Speaker 2: So I'm going with Jerome Laway. That's all I got, guys, that's all we got. We got.
Speaker 3: We have a big quick chat about three sixty. Let's talk about three sixty. Yeah, so apparently they've got a few players line up. So what I what I read today was paid ass had a core scheduled today with his manager and they've put it, pushed it back. They've pushed the meeting because his manager is finding out the implications of breaking the contract. And yeah, so ten million dollars for two years because they're talking about yeah, because they're talking about they're talking about in tax three countries like you buy where you get paid net pre tax dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't care.
Speaker 1: They've got money Lomax one point five million US.
Speaker 2: Is he going?
Speaker 3: Apparently, Jason Ross said he approached me six weeks ago. I said, look, I'm seriously considering and ready letting you can.
Speaker 1: I put all this in content. All the rugby codes in the world bricks, because they're all jumping ship from the English camp, from the French comp, the Argentina comp. They're ripping the Italian team apart.
Speaker 2: Who's who's that?
Speaker 3: They're a good good they're playing friends the correct that the only ones are not approaching.
Speaker 2: Rubbish rubbish.
Speaker 3: So George, let me ask you this. You say, George, wife, every won the World Cup. Every time they get a corner, they.
Speaker 2: We won the euro the haven't haspur one some couple couple of years the conference? Have they? No one more? That's it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I lost the last two year finals. Have to remind you the first one was against Anyway at Wembley, So any better than that.
Speaker 2: Moving right from so, it's real, it's joy. Graying House is one of the pain half. It's I don't know if the numbers are real that were that we're hearing about, but it's scary. So the question is it going to go ahead? Take that away? It's going. It's good. It's going to happen. As much as I want to lose Lomax.
Speaker 3: What they're saying because I don't, is that power going off the peasant that would actually work out perfectly. I think that's because Papa is a fullback, so he could replace Lams on the wing. Yeah, it's a natural fear, and then him and Young he could switch places.
Speaker 2: He's put Max for Cener and he's not working cutting out so Flannagan. But he's having great year and he's been shipped. Yes, he's ging great on the wing, but he wanted and what he did he didn't.
Speaker 3: Last when you're losing forty six a halftime in Game one Georgia. At the end of the day, if you're a good winger, you're a good winger.
Speaker 2: Let's see it. Don't fight. It's good.
Speaker 1: It's it's a real it's a real thing. And the issue for rugby league is this. If you put three six three sixty plus plus w A or the Perth Bears plus P and G in a couple of years, what we better start developing kids left, right and center because there will be holes.
Speaker 2: What about Orlando's threat if they do take it they're not allowed back in the NL. I agree with. Yeah, but that's cool because what can restriction? You know what?
Speaker 1: That's okay because I'm looking away because I can't make ten million dollars at the Wallabies like pain?
Speaker 5: Can they just pay them more? What do they think is going to happen? That for Landers, they're just going to hang around for his pleasure? Do you know what I mean? Like every other look at you guys know more than George and I are soccer, Like, oh my god, even the guys. Corey was saying, like when he played professional too, but Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, they earned so much money, better teams, better like fields, better set up, better everything And.
Speaker 2: What are we talking at? That's socer compared like what did what did they.
Speaker 5: Think was going to happen? I didn't know that it's that organized though, like in terms of actually it's.
Speaker 3: Not yet, it's it's not yet. Yeah, but these things can come together pretty quick.
Speaker 2: A couple of layers, especially if it's like a rich they'll chat GBT their way into the framework, the and.
Speaker 1: On that talking about money and talking money to players. If we compare ourselves to AFL, because we always do they earn more money than than our top players compared to their top players. They're pretty close to two million now compared to our top players, which are on a million. So if the Landis is holding back, I don't. I don't know the idea of him getting bigger rights, television rights is to give more to the players. That's that's what I understand. That's his articles. When I read his article it comes out Fortnight Liberts. Of course it's a propaganda piece, but still regardless.
Speaker 2: So I don't know. But three six is real.
Speaker 3: Can I do a quick shout out? You want a shout out? A couple of months ago him, I good mate, Quinnie, devoted listener of the Quick Hands podcast. I won't mention the organization that he works for because it's very well known, but I think everyone there knows that he's the backbone over there in that organization, the store ward that keeps everything together, an inspirational leader who paves the way for all of his peers. They're very lucky to have him, George. Yeah, they should be dropping rose pedals in front of him when he walks into the office. Only he will know what this means.
Speaker 2: Quinny, you got to know when to hold them, know when to fold them on your quinny. So you soon Buddy talking talking about that and I haven't got him here.
Speaker 1: We've had some correspondence and one of Tanya's Tanya's fans, pain As asked us individually on what do we think the biggest change is the fact that the game, as a general sense in the last nur NRL.
Speaker 2: Era, which game, so which rule or has charge? Che off? Get rid of it?
Speaker 3: Get rid of it if if you if you hit someone in the head, you get sent off if you don't show the charges a great hit.
Speaker 2: So you're saying bring it back, yes, okay, okay, should.
Speaker 3: Never have been And the punch and the punch that's because there's Buddy Queenslanders when Paul Gullen bashing eight miles without oversized air balloon head. They've been punching ever since that game.
Speaker 1: Okay, I thought it more like the ten the ten meter rule or the right or the six against six agains.
Speaker 2: I thought maybe that's did you say the ten meter rule, Yeah that was before ninety two. Yeah, six agains, I reckon six again, Yeah, that's that's that. It's not consistent. No, But and the thing it makes it so lopsided. It does. It makes it so loided. Then you're playing into Melbourne's hands.
Speaker 6: It's manipulating the rule the results because you just fatigua team six six against it against.
Speaker 2: It's a joke. I hate six again. I hate it. It shifts momentum too too heavy.
Speaker 6: It's not that it's not consistent, like you'll see them penalized for that and then you'll see five minutes lad of the same thing and it's play on.
Speaker 1: It's just all the other way the Melbourne does they know if they keep on doing it, the referee can't.
Speaker 2: Blow the pair of the whistle, so they just keep on doing exactly So it's just not police properly. Yeah, I don't understand.
Speaker 3: If I was a cache, I pulled my team together and say, okay, boys, from the kickoff, whoever catches the ball, I want you to all to go in and start from punches. You can't see him in the whole team in the first half of what are they going to do it comes? I'm just saying, yeah, you're too You've got any thoughts on that? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think they just need to just be consistent, you know what I mean. I also think the refs because was it this year? They changed it? The refs don't have to answer.
Speaker 2: To anything they did. Maybe remove the bunker, Yeah.
Speaker 5: My god, that will never happen.
Speaker 6: The bunker should only get involved if it's one hundred percent accurate.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? Not this fifty to fifty ship where they overturn the referee for fifty to fifty. I hate that. Three minutes after it happened, exactly, George in soccer.
Speaker 5: I think we were explaining this last time you showed, Georgie. I think Artie was weare. The ref goes to the camera, it happened.
Speaker 3: George loved it, runs to the sovine, looks at the replay himself, makes a call within thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: Don't love them.
Speaker 6: Ref has all the power. The refere in the middle should have all the power. These guys at the top, they're just his tools.
Speaker 2: I need some I need some visual on this, Okay, I love it. It's like, what is this ridiculous?
Speaker 5: Also, if we have so much money, I feel like we could invest in things like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, bring lunch in the shoulder, charge exactly. Love The only time the bunk is it's clear and obvious, like if it's one hundred.
Speaker 1: Thousand Williams show the challenge the best of saying, got them right, but you've got them right, got them right.
Speaker 2: It's a skill. It's a school to get them right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, charging a lot of the times it doesn't hurt the play. Okay, probably five percent of the tackles hurt, but the other ninety five don't.
Speaker 3: If you do it properly, it doesn't anything if you make contact with it exactly. Yeah, has any different wrap the arms that wrap the arms croc of ships.
Speaker 1: It's too technical, but they're trying to protect something which they shouldn't be trying to protect. But yeah, we're good because we don't want a lawsuit.
Speaker 2: That's that was a.
Speaker 1: Genuine question to you know, that's a genuine good question to you. That's a that's a fan of yours. His names, we've had him before. There's a few other ones.
Speaker 3: His parents must have been ripped with the last name, like half naming him pain did have right?
Speaker 5: She does half Filipino and he's in the in jail the Philippines on drug trafficking charges.
Speaker 2: If his middle name was in his parents must have been ripped.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's all I've got peeps. That's all we got.
Speaker 3: That's all we got that season twenty five hands maiden season with the Quick Hands as I'm going to cry again, that's us remarks.
Speaker 1: Anywhere, that's us Nicola for another season. This is a more challenging season this year. Work commitments, but health commitments from.
Speaker 3: Yeah, will be more consistent next year. I've got a question for you, George. They're going to be any solo efforts during the summer. I don't know you pulled a couple off this.
Speaker 2: Year, George.
Speaker 5: Let me just tell me and I'll come on with.
Speaker 3: Tell the listeners. Keep an eye on the Quick Hands page because we will. We will do a few. Like we've got to do one on soccer, right, well, we're going to do one. We're going to do one on old school wrestling. Please do that one. I've been waiting for that one for for a year.
Speaker 1: And like I said, the European, the europe the European challenges around the World Cup, World Cup places. I want to take Ardie go to his house and watching the night Pad, which is really scratchy, and then we can talk about it.
Speaker 5: Have a cheeky one just before Christmas, just to talk about the internationals.
Speaker 2: And everything else and could why not? And then you know we should.
Speaker 5: Playing better and then Korean artie can talk about it.
Speaker 2: They can talk about a little.
Speaker 1: Like I said, with our highest rating part of all time to still is won that Ardie Nicole and our brother in law the GMI and did it on soccer. They talked everything about they talked in the cell soccer on soccer, it's the highest rated. That's the highest rating by far, like nothing can catch that one.
Speaker 5: We need to be more salacious next year. I think.
Speaker 2: I agree. Let's cut super League and r W so that keeps super leagues good. I'm gonna follow that more super I've tried. I just I just it's just the times you that I just, I'm just I don't know. I'm not interested.
Speaker 1: I struggled with the first year because it's completely different to what we used to watching.
Speaker 5: And you can't watch minis so you're committed for like minis around as well. I couldn't get the minis.
Speaker 2: I couldn't get the minis. Your Fox still you got Fox, still get minis. The last minute they've got is two weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, maybe maybe I haven't watched I watched the full games. I get up early and watched the four games. But you know what something, You know what, if Castleford's playing Halifax, I don't watch it or I'll read the read the playing notes, you know what I mean. But but if Leeds are playing how okay, I'll watch it.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: I forgot to mention guys. One question. I want to get you a view on this. What was your opinion of Teddy Swims?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: I love him, love me. I haven't even send you haven't even seen Snoops one yet? I haven't. Yeah, you said it is Teddy you can, I'm going to. I'm going to. Ty did a version. I want to say Snoop as well. Teddy did a version of Yeah that should be the song of the next year for the Rugby League. His version it was so good live actually really good. Bring she did bring him back? Anyway?
Speaker 7: Na, Radiator radio, get them get you would have known you the radio is too Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, I got stuck on the turner. I still remember. I was saying to Corey like I would watch her and she'd always have like that random guitarist or whatever, and then she fish nets and her crazy hair. I'd be smoking a cigarette and I'd be watching footy. Oh my god, I said, degree, you can't imagine it was. This was like in between tears.
Speaker 2: That was I left as the best year.
Speaker 1: And you know what Nicola told me once, you know that time eighty eight or ninety two done some of the best.
Speaker 2: I think she was in her fifty Yeah, she was a grandmother. She was in her fifties and she still looked great.
Speaker 5: I just yeah, but I will say, oh. I shout out also to my Sonnets, my youngest Sonnets his birthday tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Which was seven Wow.
Speaker 5: Happy by panels and yeah, massive shout out to the Broncos. Guys, you made my year.
Speaker 2: Definitely, definitely, and that just solidifies it. The song of the song of the plot.
Speaker 1: All the end of this plot will be I have to don't, I have to don't get Teddy screams. If I can't get it.
Speaker 2: I'll go if you can't. If you can't, just go to use your mate job he does as well. Have you have you had his version of this year? Know you ever brought him out of the box. Why he's been quiet and you never brought him out of the box.
Speaker 3: That's that's it for season twenty five, another year of the care so you're probably you may well likely hear from us at some point throughout the summer, but have a great time and we'll see everyone next year for a fresh new season where Paramot will win the competition.
Speaker 2: Happy rugby league, everybody, Happy rugby league. Bye, look.
Speaker 10: Sili, ride that sad say from the TV screen.
Speaker 11: I'm for sake it.
Speaker 7: You know what to be women too, the lets on me listen to the ride?
Speaker 10: He can oger the canner, don't sue stand of fire the sunby, I'm don hide jeez and I went those hide.
Speaker 2: The lack of power.
Speaker 7: Who I'm don.
Speaker 2: A body lean, I'm molding then.
Speaker 5: I'm the kidd of it.
Speaker 11: Listening. So knock your ta mock up your life and I'm gonn come back to want to look for you? Lack the man is not the tame.
Speaker 3: Don't you miss.
Speaker 2: The sun tee? I'm done, Get on with the first.
Speaker 5: I'm a powel.
Speaker 11: Tears.
Speaker 5: Who wasn't it some tea?
Speaker 2: I'm done, But get on with the.
Speaker 10: First from a power?
Speaker 5: Hello? Who was this that?
Speaker 7: He Yes,