Speaker 1: This segment is rout to you by Hurtado Barbecue.
Speaker 2: Some of the best barbecue could ever have locations in Mansfield, Fort Worth, and Arlington. So if you're in the eight one to seven and you've been to Globe Life Field, you are very familiar to locations in Globe Life Field. But now there's a Hurtado in Dallas. It's at the Dallas Farmers Market and it is exquisite. You know, if you're one of those folks who likes to go down there for all the great people watching or just to experience Dallas Farmer's Market, man make it a point to stop by Hurtado Barbecue. If you see Brandon Hurtado and his wife and his family, tell him Ben and skin Sinya, this is some of the best barbecue you could ever have in your life. And now it is available in Dallas at the Farmers Market. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 1: Skard listeners. Here comes KT Fun tweets. We're the round.
Speaker 2: Now let's come around the sports KT Fun queens as all the sports.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had a retirement press conference today for Cowboys. Former guy was off its onman, Zach Martin, and we did have hot Mike Stephen as well. So there's a couple of clips. Zach Martin sitting in the middle, Jerry flanked to his left, Stephen too his right. Here's our first clip of.
Speaker 1: Three Jarry Jones and the Jones family.
Speaker 4: Even though it took a little bit of convincing back in twenty fourteen, thank you, Thank you for believing in me and giving me an opportunity you get really to live out that dream.
Speaker 3: I've decided that Stephen is what every new comedian needs in their crowd. This is someone to be laughing at your joke. Yeah, it's pretty good, Zach, have a little funny right here.
Speaker 4: In twenty sixteen, I made the greatest decision in my life. I married one of my best friend's sisters.
Speaker 1: I love his stand up routine. You hear that again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in twenty sixteen, I made the greatest decision in my life. I married one of my best friend's sisters. God Steven's laugh track, it's inrodible. It's the bad dude now, Jerry. You know, Zach had a prepared statement, got through. He got a little choked up talking about Jason Garrett saying as first coach. But then after Zach reads his ten minute statement. Jerry takes the mic. Oh, God, and uh, I think this is pretty good.
Speaker 5: The reason you're sitting in the middle, I think is because he wanted to separate me and Steven over here, because I still have nots on my shin from him kicking me under the table when we were sitting there discussing that draft day. I hope it was an example of at the end of the day, I do accept the smarter decision and.
Speaker 1: Make it around here.
Speaker 5: Although I know I've got a lot of questioning that in the room.
Speaker 3: It's pretty good, Jerry admitting he was wrong. You don't see that often. Jerry mentioned that he never ever talked with Zach's representation when negotiating contracts. Wait what he and Jerry went and kind of just knocked out the preliminary agreement was one on one meetings of Zach and Jerry. Even when he held out, well that's they got into it a little bit and basically Zach said, well, I'm the best offensive winneman in the league, so I need to be paid like that. So yeah, it was all pretty good.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 3: Forty minutes took all the questions and all that stuff. I found this from twenty fourteen. This is like the day after he got drafted, and I wanted to play this because the twenty fourteen NFL draft was very weird. That was a day when we were on the air, a tornado hit the building, Oh wow, and broke the shatter of the glass when we were brought gasts at CBS. I don't know where this is from because I think it's play Dallas Cowboys dot com. But that's interesting. He was being asked are you okay playing guard? Because everyone thought he was gonna be a tackle.
Speaker 4: You know, it's been different. You know. My outlook on it is I've just been willing to play in a position that the team who drafts me wants me to play.
Speaker 1: So you know that's my atue coming down to Dallas as I'm ready to do anything that he needs me to do.
Speaker 3: All right, A lot a good trooper right there, could tackle could have made more money.
Speaker 2: Well especially it's it's fine saying that on your rookie deal because that's going to be what it is pretty much no matter what. But I'm sure later you know his age are like, are we sure we don't want him to be a tackle?
Speaker 3: This is just a seven second thing that I wanted to play at the time because it's you know, failed NFL GM Mike Mayock from back the day. But here's what he said after the draft pick went down.
Speaker 2: They went from one of the wild parts of the draft to maybe the safest pick.
Speaker 1: In the draft.
Speaker 3: That's pretty crazy. Can you imagine Johnny Manziel coming here and, by the way, being a studious backup quarterback and he mentioned like being drunk all the time. Yeah, when he was with the Browns when he played, when he was playing, Yes, being drunk, not ever studying the playbook, not ever knowing the plays.
Speaker 2: He would have sat here. You know, well, do you know what would have happened? This, this will get super dark. He would have died here, Yeah, because he was partying in this town, hardcore, out of control and he wasn't even a Dallas cowboy and he was here all the time all the time.
Speaker 3: That draft is wild because at that point where the Cowboys were, they were stuck in the middle. Twenty thirteen was another eight and eight Garrett classic, Right. I remember a couple just a couple of names, just to jog your memory, famous from the NBC sit come to good place. Blake Bortles, remember Blake Boris. Yeah, he went three in that draft. Mike Evans went seven in that draft. We interviewed him. He had no personality now shoe in Hall of Famer.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: And by the way, I thought all that magic at A and M from Johnny was Johnny. A lot of it was just throwing it up to Mike Evans. Yeah, running around and Mike Mike Evans ended up being the DeMar Derosen of football. Like you look at his old time numbers, they're extraordinary crazy and he's just been doing it in Tampa and no one's really paying attention.
Speaker 3: Number twelve Odell Beckham, uh, thirteen Aaron Donald to the Rams, that's yeah, and thirteen yeah, and then we're about to get Shazier, right, fifteen. The Steelers take Ryan Shazier the linebacker, and if they did not do that, we would have taken the Cowboys would have taken him. Yeah, And I don't think there's really much of a fight between that. I think they all agreed, like, Okay, we can need the defensive help.
Speaker 1: Is he injured? Did he have thet bad injury?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he got paralyzed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, he.
Speaker 3: Just works for the Steelers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he's able to walk around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, game. Yeah, it was in the game and he was yeah, that was tough. And it was like in year three or something like it was early early Yeah. And then there you go, Zach Martin. So what was that sixteen fifteen sixteen? Johnny didn't go until twenty two Johnny Johnny poople Pants went to the Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 1: And wasn't that their second first round pick of the draft?
Speaker 3: Cleveland? Yeah, because they took a corner at number eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did uh? Did?
Speaker 2: Do you know if Travis or I'm sorry if Zach mentioned Travis today or Tyrone.
Speaker 3: He mentioned Travis and he mentioned everyone though. I mean like names that you would forget, like Jeremy Parnell and Bernadeau and you know Lineman from back in the day.
Speaker 2: I used to love hearing Jerry and Steven say.
Speaker 3: Bernadeau he talked about twenty twenty when McCarthy came here, how it was hard to learn to do things a different way, and he was like, well, I don't want to change anything I do. I've mastered the position. And McCarthy like taught him to, you know, open up his mind. To new ideas, which is weird because we always criticist MacCarthy for being kind of born. Uh, he might have just been saying something nice about Mike. Probably really likes him. So all the players like Mike, they seem to, and now you all the players kind of like Garrett too.
Speaker 1: I thought, yeah, so.
Speaker 3: All right, I'll got some audio played a couple weeks ago. But you know, we play songs a couple of times. You know, you might hear the same song, you know, every once in a while. We wants pranked Zach Martin with the help of our friend Travis Frederick. O. Travis had a bit of a man bun going on and in the press conference. Yeah, Travis was there. Yeah, he was there. Yea, he's had he's in town. He just doesn't tell.
Speaker 2: Us what he's been man bunning around. Yeah, what's he doing?
Speaker 1: Man bunning it up?
Speaker 2: That's the first time I've heard that as a verb, and I like it, thank you. He's like six years past the man bun thing. Yeah, black guy, what do you mean this is not really in anymore? Is it?
Speaker 1: He's Travis Frederick. He can make it. He'll just stare at you till it's in.
Speaker 3: Doesn't Jason Momoa always do a man bun a lot, Yeah, and he's always in He's like, you know, he's different, right, Aquaman's just kind of that's.
Speaker 2: Who he is.
Speaker 1: Could be Aquaman if you want.
Speaker 3: Like, when you think of Jason Momoa, you don't think of the man, butN you just think of Jason Momoa as Awuaman.
Speaker 2: This guy's deal tearing down Travis. I don't get it first, Michael Young. Now Travis, I will say, this.
Speaker 3: Is why Travis won't tell us he's in town.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 2: And I do think Wisconsin Man is not a good superhero.
Speaker 3: Oh Wisconsinman.
Speaker 2: He's here to drink beer and talk about cheese.
Speaker 3: Do you guys need your snowshoveled? Okay, so this is about three minutes. Do you want to set up the prank?
Speaker 1: Yeah, go ahead, Benny. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the idea was, we had developed such a good relationship with Travis Frederick.
Speaker 1: Well when Zach Martin came along, he.
Speaker 2: Immediately became besties with Travis Frederick and Travis took him under his wing even though he was also a young player. And so the idea was, can we prank a cowboy? And the only way to really be able to do that was to have another cowboy in on it with us, and they'll often do that to rookies, and so Travis helped us set up Zach Martin. And the idea was, I was gonna play a grandpa or a dad or whatever who's throwing a bar mitzvah for his son or grandson, and Skin was gonna be the kid who was having the bar mitzvah, and we were gonna be asking Travis and Zach to come to the bar mitzvah, and we were gonna pay them to do it. But the idea was that the kid didn't know who Zach Martin was and didn't want him. So we were gonna insult Zach Martin the entire time and then lowball him on being there while paying Travis to figure him out. And every time he was about to question whether it was real or not, Travis would get a best supporting actor or not because he would go, Yeah, this is fine, this is what we do, Yeah, we're in.
Speaker 1: He was great. He was great. All right.
Speaker 3: Here it is Ben as mister Cohen, Skin playing the role of his son Noah. Travis and Zach.
Speaker 1: We want you guys to get Grandma Rose.
Speaker 2: You guys take a giant bucket of freezing cold gatorade and you're gonna dump it on unsuspecting Grandma Rose.
Speaker 1: She's a pistol. She'll love it. It'll be hilarious. Gotcha, we can get grandmar Roads. Okay.
Speaker 2: I wanted to be ice cold. I wanted to scare her. I want to blow her away. Our expectation is that you guys will arrive at the omni full pads, helmet, shoulder pads, pants, pant pads, cleat tape, whatever you do. We want it to look authentic and Noah will know if it's not.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: We want you to come decked out, and it's part of the fee. I need full uniforms.
Speaker 4: We should be able to We'll be in Dallas. We should able to make that happen.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll just talk to Mike.
Speaker 2: We can talk to guy doctor, Mike, Frank. I don't care whoever you got to talk to, but just come in uniform. I'm talking from the time you pull up in the valet will usher you into the ballroom. Bada bing baba boom. They sitn't gonna take long if you guys are on your game. Here's a little him stuff. Hell, little Noah. Hold on a second.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: This is Travis Frederick of the Dallas Cowboys, who you wanted us as well as Zach Martin Rama. So so hold on, gentlemen. So Nancy talked to know. So we we're deally. I one of the reasons we want you the fees we've agreed to. Travis, your fee is thirty thousand dollars. Zach your fee is five thousand. And that's we're discussed, and we're good. There are we?
Speaker 1: Okay? There, guys, I hear a lot of silence. I'm trying to I got other stuff to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: What I don't understand that is there a miscommunication here. If we get Romo, I would be willing to pay him one fifty, but for a secondary lineman and it's just an offensive lineman.
Speaker 1: I got five. I thought they agreed on deal with that we'd get the same.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: I apologize if there was a miscommunication. I just I'm not made of money, and you know this is no especial day. Now that I'm finding out he doesn't really know who Zach is, it's a little bit harder for me. But I still can pay five, and it's a lot of money and it only should only take about two hours.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I mean I would have to just let Trap do it. If it's totally five.
Speaker 3: That's no disrespect you guys.
Speaker 1: But you're gonna break it. You're gonna break his heart. Oh no, Zach is saying he's out. He's Zach. I don't know who that is. I don't know who that is.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: That's good?
Speaker 1: Would you do it for twelve five? I'm gonna talk to Travis about get.
Speaker 2: Back to you.
Speaker 1: But there's one more thing. I need Travis to tell you. The last thing.
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 1: Everybody loves that prank? Sic?
Speaker 5: Oh it is, I am I'm so starry.
Speaker 1: You're talking to Ben Cohen there, Ben Rogers.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, are you? Are you?
Speaker 4: I'm not here? Am I?
Speaker 1: There's no un Remember his notes he had, Zach was meticulous notes. He had Grandma Rose and gatorade.
Speaker 2: There's a whole thing where they're asked to hide out in a cake and then pop out in their uniforms.
Speaker 3: I need you to find that picture of all those notes. No, you haven't from ten years ago.
Speaker 2: You have the whole bit too. Yeah, all right, we maybe need to post that. Yeah, we'll see. All right, Well, congratulations on a brilliant career to Zach Martin. What a great dude. All right, Coming up next, the only segment of the day that won't be podcasted. You must listen live and then you won't believe what they're trying to change the name of all that's coming your way on The Benin Skin Show.