Speaker 1: Basis drop. Oh you know it's a Monday wind. Wow, that's the way to start things off, all right, Hi, you know it's a Monday win. Bas has dropped on a new round of Soccer's Morning Show here on the SDH Network. John, hear you there. Thanks for dropping by, and we know that we know you've got a lot to talk about this morning. We do have news of the am to get into, including the Trial of the Century this week overseas, and it'll be a standard Monday. I don't think Abe is with the Atlanta Falcons this morning. I think Abe gets to join us at his normal time in about nine minutes, and then Bart Keeler, fresh from the backyard brawl with Pitton West Virginia, will get it into what's on Bart's mind when it comes to the US M and T the U twenties. By the way, last night, for those of you that stayed up late, you got to see a great one in the women's U twenty tournament down in Columbia, and we'll discuss that there's some Georgia influence there with Jordan Dudley, Riley Jackson and Jordan Dudley came up big late against Germany. In the quarterfinals. So the US advances to the Semis down there in the U twenty tournament. Very very cool stuff going on down there's whatever's on your mind this morning. Obviously we're going to talk about it Atlanta United and the result that happened against Nashville. You really don't have a whole lot of time to think about it because Messi and friends are coming to town on Wednesday night, sold out house at Mercedes Benz Stadium. So whatever's on your mind from what happened on the weekend, whether it's Atlanta United, could be Premier League, could be anything. Whatever's there, go ahead and lay it all out for us here on the morning show. We'll talk about it here until eleven zero five ish because then traditionally we end up going long and we'll just keep uh, we'll just keep going. But once again, we got stuff to talk about from the weekend. The two's had a nine goal chaos If you looked up chaos in the Webster's Dictionary and it would be a picture of it. Land United too in Huntsbole City Football Club from yesterday nine goals at Lanty United down four, n Ill came back to four to three, then it was two goals within about a minute and a half and Huntsble City walks away with a or probably runs out of town with a six ' to three win over at Lanty United two. And now it is the margin of error no longer exists for Lanty United two. To get into the playoffs. Three matches left, you got to win them all and it starts Thursday night here on the Network against Crown Legacy. It'll be a seven o'clock pregame show, seven point thirty three kick If my math is correct, Crown Legacy is the eight seed right now in the Eastern Conference. You got to beat Crown Legacy. In Matthews, you got to get a lot of help. No one can get North with forty points, and you've got to get wins. So that's how it is for the twos. Obviously a frustrating result with Atlanty nighted and what happened with Nashville, and we'll get into that as well. So whatever's on your mind this morning, and before I get into opening kickoff and before I get into a it was great to see Pars and great to see four card and to be able to, like I said, and I got to explain to folks that were around Pars and Pars's boss meaning the better half that Pars is now chasing aston Villa and you had the the Everton aston Villa match from this weekend. I know that now Ropes and Tom Russo the Airborne DJ, will now be having a bit of verbal jousting with Parr as he learns about aston Villa. But it was great to see folks and once again associate faces with name IDs and as we have grown into this family here at the SDH network over seven years, to be able to run into folks. And another random run in was one of the linesmen from the Friday I think it was the side judge from our Friday Game of the Week at GPB, another one of our plus ones, and so it was. It was just crazy to see all of these random interactions as we go. But the fact that we all get to kind of run into each other and see each other and to be able to associate faces with names and IDs, it's very very cool. And don't ever and this is not opening kickoff yet, but don't ever be afraid to sit there and yell at me and go, you know, hey, numb nuts, you know, and like four card headed me off. He goes John. I turned and four card was there. He goes four card, and I'm like, wow, don't ever be afraid to sit there and say hi. I might be running around nine hundred thousand miles an hour, but seriously stop me for you know, fifteen twenty seconds say hi, great to see you and all that. And that reminds me. I think I did it in the discord, but I'm gonna do it here now that I finally remember to do it. Here, Domer dropped off his new round of of spicy sauce. It was a It was a hot sauce for the Boss and a medium for me. And when Domer slaves over a hot cooking device and creates his his sauces, always make sure to drop some bot the cossup. And it is very very it's very very humbling. It was like ninety five degrees when he dropped it off. But I'm surprised that the glass made it. But it was stuck in the mailbox. And I can't thank Domer enough for dropping by the Domor sauces once again. Here as we are getting out of the summer and into the fall of twenty twenty four, all right, Abe has punched his ticket early. I have no objections, none heard so ordered otherwise. So I'm just gonna go ahead and bring Abe in and we'll talk about what's going on. I'm gonna save opening kickoff to the flip side of Abe because it's one of those opening kickoffs that you sit there and go, God, what did John eat for breakfast before this morning? It's one of those kind of sidebar things where you're sitting there going what is he thinking about? And where is he going with it? So we'll have that coming up in just a little bit. So wasting no time once again, Abe Gordon, now that he is properly hydrated, hanging out with us from Colony Square, What is up, my friend?
Speaker 2: Not too much, man, A nice fun week that hopefully we can move quickly on from the weekend. Because a little fella, I guess I'm actually accidentally wearing a little like inner Miami colors.
Speaker 1: That's just since you have alluded to that on the air.
Speaker 2: Uh why not?
Speaker 1: Okay, very shirt? And that's the thing is it is It is just a shirt, sir, there is I don't I believe that there is no immediate bearing to the team that is coming here in the midweek Messi and friends and MESSI got to play on the weekend. But uh, I know that going into the match that obviously you're looking at a team in Nashville that hadn't been scoring goals, has been a team in transition under BJ Callahan, and they get to jump on it Land United early on, you know, only a handful of minutes in and so then you're you're fighting uphill from that moment. Rob Valentino after the match, and I do have some sound that I'll probably end up playing somewhere here in the show. Rob Valentino said it was unacceptable, and you've got a team that was off for two weeks and they come out just flat, and it showed.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean you could tell from Rob Valentino's game that this performance completely caught him off guard. And I think sometimes in training you might be able to get the feeling that like man like, it doesn't feel like these guys are gonna bring it on the weekend, And it sounded from his comments that he didn't have any knowledge of that. He didn't get that feeling at all. He expected a better performance, and look, you would always expect a better performance but I think sometimes you can kind of see it coming. This one certainly blindsided him, and you could tell by the way he was reacting in the postgame discussion that he was incredibly frustrated. Kinda alluded to maybe not having an answer in regards to the performance. Promised it wouldn't happen again, but kind of kind of walked back that promise, because like, if you feel like everything's trending in the right way and then they show up on on Saturday night at home to a winnable game, and then throw that performance out there, like, why would you be able to confirm that it'll never look like that again? And this was one that it sounded without putting anyone's name directly out there, he wanted to put directly on the players, and to an extent, he did without doing it directly, And that's a cause for concern in regards to the playoff chase. I mean, this was probably your best case scenario for three points, right, You're fully rested, you're at home. This is the worst team in the Eastern Conference, at least at that time according to the table Nashville was. Everything was working in your favor and then you throw out a performance that is essentially wholly non competitive and from the start too. I mean, you give up a goal in the fifth minute and it's pretty much over from there. You didn't rebound, right, You didn't respond to that goal. And that's the thing we at least have seen in some instances where Landy United has gone down early. I think we have sometimes seen a response. We just didn't get that today or excuse me, on Saturday. And quite frankly, all the hopes of Alexi Moronchuk being an impactful player and I'm not gonna say that he's not. It's a one game sample size, right We're not calling for the heads of Raheem Morris. We're not gonna call for the head of Alexi Mouranchuk right now. But it was a very disappointing home debut for Moranchuk because in LA against the Galaxy, when he was on the road, he made his first career start for Landy United. It did not lead directly to a goal, but I thought you saw how dangerous he could be and the vision that he's working with in some of the things. And I do want to make this point because a lot of people are talking about, oh, he had all these trainings and the chemistry with the teammates is going to be so much better than it was with the squad out in LA. Just remember it's not just about learning his teammates. It's also about learning this league and learning the opponents. And you have to go through it and see how each team defends different aspects of what you're trying to do, and so the learning curve may be a little bit steeper for Moron Chuck then we maybe want to give credit to or maybe initially thought because he's a different style of player than a guy like Almana. It doesn't just come in the realm of takeover because I can beat this man one on one. It manifests itself differently. But it was a disappointing home debut for Alexi Mironchuk. Hopefully he can be a little bit more impactful in the midweek game. But now you've got some real issues because Ronald Hernandez is potentially dealing with an ankle injury he picked up in training. Pedro Amador got crushed and it might be sent into concussion protocol or who knows if he's gonna be ready, and so you all you are short staffed a little bit on that back end now, which anytime you're going against Miami probably not the place you'd want to be a little bit short staffed. But the moral of the story here, John, is incredibly frustrating to see this performance because you had the potential of making a move in the standings, on the table, and if it was gonna happen, it felt like it was gonna happen in this game. It didn't. There's still some time, not a lot of it, but there's still some time. But now you've got to find a couple of wins, and at least one of them is probably gonna have to come on the road. One of them is probably gonna have to come against teams that are higher than you in the table, and so you've you've got to find your way up another spot in the standings. And it would have been a lot easier to do that with three points against Nashville.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the numbers on aleximy Anschuk, according to our friends at the Sofa scory bunch to six point nine forty nine touches in ninety minutes, thirty one to thirty seven, passing eighty four percent, had the one cross, had two long balls that were successful, one shot on target, one off, was two for two on his duels, fouled once, had a clearance, and had a tackle on the day. So that's what you're staring at from Alexi Midanchuk. You mentioned the possible injuries. Obviously Shanday's dealing with something that he's been dealing for quite some time with the foot. I'm still trying to figure out, since you mentioned Pedro Amador, how Sam Surage did not get a card of any color when he cleared Amador out. When you look at the replay and you see Surage climb the ladder and take his and I know it was his right but I'm left handed, where he takes his forearm and basically cleans Amador out on the climb up, and Amador ends up landing face first on the turf because of getting cleaned out by Surriage. No card, no foul, no nothing, and Promador was down for quite some time, and obviously they had to a head injury and you end up with a concussion sub I believe at the time as he was getting checked out. So yeah, this was, you know, the opportunity I think capital t capital O when it came to trying to get north of the playoff bar, and you would have been in. You would have been within touching distance of possibly even the seven, depending on what Orlando would have done. But right now, as you say, it is still outside looking in. It is eight wins on the board, and DC is two points ahead of you. But once again, you're getting chased by the neighbor's dog if you're the postman, because you got all the neighbors dogs that are chasing after you when you hit the neighborhood. Because Atlanta's at thirty one, Philadelphia is at thirty, identical record to Montreal, well ahead of Montreal. And this is what may just absolutely white Montreal off the map with any kind of consideration, a goal difference of minus twenty two, and Atlanta's got that come in to town in the next month. But Montreal at thirty points and seven win, Chicago's seven wins and twenty nine points, and they are one goal ahead of Nashville in goal difference. And then really New England is still not out of it completely and totally, but they've got twenty seven points in twenty seven matches, So dogs are barking behind you. You're trying to take care of business with six to go, and you're trying to be two points better than DC to hop into the playoff picture. That's what you're staring at right now.
Speaker 2: Well, the good news about that and what's right behind you is that you play both of those teams. You play Philadelphia, you play Montreal, quite frankly, and we came close to calling Nashville a must win. I think those two are must win. I mean, you're just not gonna hold them off if they take the points from you. And it's an opportunity against teams that are theoretically worse than you, at least based on the current standings, to take all three and including one of those being at home in that game against Montreal, So those become integral. And then you got to find a way to either beat Miami Red Bull either here or there, Orlando City in the final game of the season. And so there's still opportunity. I mean, there's still three, maybe four wins potentially out there. But you just cannot look the way you did on Saturday night, lifeless and listless. You weren't up for the game from the start, and that's the biggest issue. And I would imagine Wednesday with Miami and the top team in the Eastern Conference. You'll be up for it and you'll have a little bit better performance, I would think, whether or not Messi comes and plays the crowd, you know who had bought tickets hoping he would be, We'll be there in full force and hopefully can energize the squad. But it's still there. That's what's kind of crazy, is you got another weekend of results that really didn't kill you in terms of what's ahead of you, and it's there. I mean, you've got the games that you need right there. You've also got a game in hand on some of the teams that are directly above you in that eight and nine spot, So you're gonna have to put use of that game in hand and deal with it on that front. But yeah, it's concerning, because let's go back beyond just Nashville, right. You go back to that Charlotte game, and you put in a pretty strong effort over the course of ninety minutes in Charlotte, and you feel like you're trending up. You feel like you've got something going there, and then you come back home after rest and recovery and a game plan and kind of gearing up for this final seven game push. Now six games and it just wasn't there. And now the flip side is you've also seen Charlotte and they had another poor performance this weekend, and you start to ask yourself how much of that was even Atlanta trending upwards or is it just a massive downward turn for Charlotte. And I think you can make your arguments for the downward turn from Charlotte, and then you combine that with what we saw from Landy United, it does give you some concern. But you've got to find a way to pick up some points in games that maybe you don't expect to and that includes Wednesday against Miami. I mean, at this point you'll take anything. Even a draw at home is would be huge based on the rest of the schedule. And again it makes that Philly and that Montreal game, I mean, those are unless you plan on beating Red Bulls twice and taking it to Miami on Wednesday, Like those two games are just absolutely must wins, like we're not gonna make We're not gonna kind of gloss over it as oh, you know, the season's not over if you don't win. No, like those are must win games, like if you're gonna jump into that spot, those are must win games. But the performance is certainly concerning. And back to how we open the discussion, Like Rob Valley, Latino is not going to have very much patience in this one.
Speaker 1: The dude dropped an F bomb well in the postgame press conference. I don't know how well that went over on.
Speaker 2: We try not to bring too much attention to that because it was aired live on the air, but yeah, the frustration was very clear. I mean, he blew off Jarrett for what was supposed to be a post game discussion down on the field. I would also blow off Jarrett, if we're gonna be honest, Yeah, I blow him off as much as possible to press box, I certainly would blow him off in the in the field, but no, I mean, look, he was working his way through it, incredibly frustrated, trying to gather his thoughts, and something tells me it's not going to be a fun week or half week of sessions leading up to this game on Wednesday, And all I can say is we talked about this. Mike Connie was the one that pointed out really in the full time report, if there's anything, you're holding onto the one thing that Atlantic, because I said, the one that Atlanta and Nited just hasn't found consistency. They've never really stretched out their rags and hit a rhythm. And Mike County said, actually, they have found consistency in one thing, and that is playing to the level of their opponent, whether it be up or unfortunately, whether it be down. And we've seen them compete with some of the best teams in the MLS. We've also seen them drop points to some of the worst teams in the MLS. And so if there is like a big glimmer of hope and it's like maybe once again they can rise to the level of competition and play on evil even terms with Miami or potentially find a winner. And so that's kind of what I'm holding onto at this point because there's nothing from the performance on Saturday that leads me to believe that they're gonna be able to beat Miami on Wednesday. But again, it just hasn't seemed like one performance to the next, You've been able to carry over momentum, and that includes momentum that has gone backwards, Like it doesn't necessarily mean they're gonna have a stinker on Wednesday. They might, but just because they didn't look good Saturday, it does not. Over the course of this season has not meant that they're not going to bring it on Wednesday. And so hope springs eternal optimism remains, and we'll see what they've got for the little guy, if he's brave enough to step out onto the pitch.
Speaker 1: Well, let's see Abe Gordon nineteen nine the game at Abe Gordon at nineteen nine in the game on the two hundred and eighty character app, I was looking at the minutes played from the individuals of our resident Philadelphia Union fan. Rich Ransom is in the timeline this morning, and he mentions that with Messi and friends getting the duke, Messi played ninety minutes, Luis Suarez played ninety minutes. Diego Gomez, who's heading to Brighton at some point, played eighty one minutes. In the midfield played eighty nine minutes, so you're getting a lot of folks that logged a lot of minutes. Bosquets played ninety. Julian Gressel, as I'm scanning, he also played eighty one minutes, So you're you're front seven that you're used to seeing and the Gulf Stream Galacticos, Jordi Alba played ninety minutes. They all went the distance or most of it getting ready for this particular matchup that we have here in the midweek. So the palace intrigue does exist as to how many minutes if any, those individuals will play in the midweek going up against Atlanta United.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The thing that's been kind of crazy about Miami is it doesn't seem to matter who's in there, like like they have produced and obviously Messi returned this past week. Uh oh, look who's joinings. Messi returned this past week. Now, he obviously didn't have to knock the rust off. It didn't take long. Two goals and an assist for him. But even without him in the time that he's missed an injury, like, they've just been cruising along. They've already clinched a playoff spot, they're still cruising along and it just hasn't seemed to matter that. That's what's honestly been most impressive is everyone who when Messi came to the MLS, everyone was like, all right, we know he's not gonna play forty five games this season or whatever the number may be how many points do they drop in the games that he's not playing. It has not been much. They are just cruising along. I mean, what was it a three to one victory? I think over this past weekend they're still scoring goals without him, and it's not just him at Jordi, Alba and Suarez sketch like. They're still doing damage even when he's not the maestro on the field there. So it's really really impressive to see what they've been able to do without Messi and then quite frankly, a little bit scary to see what they can do with him. But again, this is a Landy United squad that has already dealt with them one time this season and come out victorious and one of the more surprising results in the moment, And so hopefully they can they can rise to that occasion and do it again.
Speaker 1: On Wednesday, Jared, I will give you the last question for Abe Gordon and his weekly Monday visit except when the Falcons come to come to town.
Speaker 3: Oh god, without knowing what you guys have discussed already. Oh that's good, Yeah, I know, that's always the best.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 3: The disappointment notwith standing from Saturday night, Rob Valentino's words, clearly doing a lot of lifting. What changes you look at it? What changes would you make going into Wednesday night? And would he even be, Hey, I'm for me personally. It is a I need people who are willing to fight, and I didn't always get that since Saturday night, So you need changes you're making for Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a couple things with the limitations I expect limitations on Hernandez and Amador. Potentially, I would say, likely out, I would go back to the whether you want to call it three center backs or five in the back, whatever you did, this is what you did the first time in Miami. Maybe not by choice now but by personnel. I think you have to go back to that. Insert Noah Cobb back into the lineup and Brooks Lennon and I don't know what you do on the left side right now, if we're gonna be honest at Yeah, Well, but I thought he was maybe banged up. I thought he maybe had some some limitations too, So we'll see what's going on there again with I know, in theory you could have maybe pulled most scare back there. But if Sean may Silva's limited, I mean it's a mess. It's kind of a maybe maybe Tyler Wolf goes up top and most scaret however you're going to do it, But I would probably go back to three center backs this one. I think the question is fair. Uh who who was gonna lay it on the line? And I just don't know who you have in the reserves that I would make a change for. I think maybe you can ask more of guys that are going to be out there. But I mean, quite frankly, you're in the midst of a final six game playoff push. It's a little late to be making like desperation moves because of mindset of players. And I think it's a fair question. By the way, Jared like guys were not fighting, And I think the biggest like instance of that was as we mentioned here, John when when Pedromdor got clocked and it was like, no one's running to his defense except for good Well, you weren't on the field though, Jared.
Speaker 1: Actually he was on the field.
Speaker 2: You were, but you somehow I didn't make it in between the lines there. I don't think you were gonna go I mean, look, i've seen you play. Maybe you were gonna go double foot inside studs up in the surge.
Speaker 3: If I went in to drug double foot somebody, I'm gonna blow up both acls in the process.
Speaker 2: Well maybe you nick him at least in part of that. No, No, but I mean all druking aside. Like it was like, dude, is no one gonna coke crack him the next time there's a ball in the air or whatever, And it just didn't happen, And no one was really even overly animated except for Goose, who was incredibly frustrated and had the right.
Speaker 1: To do so.
Speaker 2: And so I do think what you're asking is fair, but it's just like I don't know right now if they have the moves to make. I mean, you've thrown, not thrown, but you've had so many guys exit the club. I think your depth is really being tested, even more so by the injuries. And so I mean, what about you a guy that you're looking for that you would wish I had singled out here, Jared, that was like, I can't believe you did bring up so and so because I just don't know. You know, maybe you bring Moyam Bob back into the starting lineup, but like, I don't think starting Dax McCarty's gonna have some sort of dramatic change. I'd like to see Jay Fortune stay in there. I think he's performed. Well, uh, you're not gonna benchmarn Chuck. So it's just like, what are the changes to be had?
Speaker 1: And no, I.
Speaker 3: It's a tricky I agree, it's a tricky question. I ask you genuinely because I think it is very tricky that you can't just you can't just empty everybody out. And this isn't FIFA, you know we talk about this isn't This isn't a video game where you can just throw guys in there and it works. I think for me personally, I think Rob's in a really tricky spot because, look, Rob's gonna get Rob is gonna be considered for this job full time now, whether or not you think he should get it. Notwithstanding, they're gonna they're gonna treat him like a real candidate. And I've said this before, but they're going to talk about him like a real candidate because he deserves that respect. He's been a steward of the club for years. He's been through multiple staffs. He has stepped up when you've needed him to to be the interim, he slid back into Gonzo staff. He stepped up in a really tough time. Again, you treed him with respect. You're gonna interview him, You're going to show him that respect. You're not going to dismiss him. But whether or not he's coaching here next year or whether he's coaching somewhere else, this is a long ass audition for him for his career if he wants to be a head guy, maybe not an MLS right now, but somewhere else. And I think you want to trust the veteran guys who can get a job done. It's easy for me to say, play the kids. It's a really easy thing for me to say that because I'm not the one with my job on the line and my future on the line. Because instinctively, it's, hey, put the kids out there, man. Let Luke Brennan go out there and try and start a fight again. He did last time he played. But it's it's so it's so much easier for me to say that sitting here than a guy who is trying to trust a team around him, not only to win games, but also again he's auditioning for his future. So I mean, I don't know what changes you would make. You're gonna have to probably make some because I would imagine Omador's There's no way he wasn't concussed to oblivion and back. You know, you had a Stean took a knock, Derek took a knock, Sean Day was banged up and had to come off. You're gonna have to get really creative how you put this together Wednesday night. I don't know what changes you would make just for the sake of you know, fire and Brimstone. But I yeah, we were standing on the field waiting post game and the hit on Amador I was the same way like Brad went to the Brad went to the referee, which is the captain. Good move. I mean, that's the rugby move too, for the captain to go to the ref. But the fact I was disappointed that I'm not saying somebody needs to go get sent off, but I'm disappointed that no one went up there and put Surage back on the ground. Yep, you don't have to punch him, you don't have to cheap shot him. You you needed someone in that moment. The game's over, it's done, you're not doing anything, and then you have the team that's beating your ass to nothing in your house in a rivalry match, laying a cheap shot on your left back, and you don't do shit. No, No, somebody needs to go. You always say, like I said, you don't have to cheap shot him. You don't have to you don't have to pertusie him. I'm not saying that. No, but somebody go up there and put a shoulder in his ass, put him on the ground and stand over him and create a mass confrontation because you can't let somebody disrespect you or your team or your badge like that. That's right, I am.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, a couple of things in regards to the Rob Valentino job audition stuff like that. I actually think that it would be wise to not make a lot of changes. I don't think you can show emotion as a manager, and you're incredibly frustrated at the performancy. It feels like it would be an emotional decision, maybe not a well thought out analytic decision if you just make a bunch of changes because you're not happy with the way guys played on Saturday. And as we talked about previously too, for whatever reason, how guys play or perform, and either individually or as a team, one game to the next just doesn't seem to carry over, and you just don't know who is or isn't going to have it on a given night. And so I think trying to make and approach the roster, the lineup, the starting eleven, the reserves from from a more level headed mindset versus the emotions of what we saw Saturday is probably the only way to go. Oh for Rob Valentino, I mean, you're no longer in a timeline, and this is why I like the Luke Brendan discussion to me as a non starter, and I like Luke Brennan. It's got nothing to do with him. But you're not in a timeline where you can send a message to the team. You're in a timeline where you have to find a way to get points. And if you truly thought agreed that he was the way and best method to get points, then by all means, after thinking about it and considering it and calming down from Saturday, if you still think that's the best way to get points, then yes, make that change. But if you think it's sending a message to some of the other guys, some of the more veteran guys or whatever you want it to be. You just don't have the time to do that. You don't have a game to throw away, certainly not want at home, and so you've kind of got to gauge what you're doing with your subs. Is it a message to guys or is it the best way to get points? I think right now the best way to get points is still to go with the guys that, for better or worse, have gotten you where you are still fighting for a playoff spot, although I guess like everyone in the Eastern Conference is kind of still fighting for But but yeah, I think you do have to approach it a little bit more antical analytically and a little bit less emotionally. And so that's why you might see a new formation, as we mentioned, maybe five in the back of three center backs, stuff like that to cover up some things. But in terms of like mass changes or like a hockey substitute, I just I just don't see that happening because you don't have the time or the points to play around with it anymore.
Speaker 1: I know we kept you way past the fourth official holding up the lightboard, my friend, Well.
Speaker 2: They gave nine minutes. They gave nine minutes on Saturday. We get ten here to what's the difference.
Speaker 1: Okay, just checking. I didn't want you to get in any kind of trouble down there at Coliny Square, you know, as you're getting ready for your day and trying to stay properly hydrated. What's the plan between now and Wednesday?
Speaker 2: Just gear up, man, I mean, we're really excited for Wednesday. Look, I don't know if the little Man Lionel Messi is gonna be playing or not, but the potential of him playing has got me very excited. I've obviously never seen him play live in person. I'll watch plenty of it, but very excited for that. And so we're gonna bring it on Wednesday at six point thirty with the five stretch count dawn. We're certainly gonna bring it, hopefully with some good news actor with the full time report, and really just looking forward to getting the Mercedes Benz Stadium, just seeing how juiced up the fans are on Wednesday, Mike and Jason, I imagine they're gonna be juiced up as well, and then hopefully it's not just a total letdown either by performance of Atlanta or by Lionel Messi not stepping onto the field at all. I'd like to see him get out there at least for a little bit, maybe if it's even as a sub. But really excited about the potential of Wednesday. So we're just gonna build towards it and hopefully I'll help us move on from what potentially could happen tonight with the Atlanta Falcons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and as like I said, Rich Ransom our resident Philadelphia, and he's like, yep, saw Messi and friends knock off his union, but now he's going to be watching the Eagles and the Falcons. Thanks as always, my friend for staying a little extra this morning. And we will catch up with you. We will see you Wednesday. We'll hear you Wednesday, and we'll catch up with you soon.
Speaker 2: Yep, sounds good. Appreciate you having me. We'll see you guys next week always.
Speaker 1: That's a at Abe Gordon. At Abe Gordon at nine two nine in the game and the point that you made, I want to circle back to the Amador point I was.
Speaker 3: I was standing behind the benches.
Speaker 1: I like pacing.
Speaker 2: I'm pacing back and.
Speaker 3: Forth behind the benches as this happens I'm so so irate.
Speaker 1: Still, well, you see now you almost pulled a Rob Valentino and dropped the drop the yeah, the predicate adjective there because Maddie was next to me and uh, you know, you had already departed. You were downstairs, and I was sitting next to Maddie waiting for for uh, you know, full time, and I see Amador and I make a point to go to Maddie and I said, look at this, and I point to the monitor because the monitor has uh in the press box has Apple TV, and it's about twenty five seconds behind real time. So you can gather yourself. You can look at something happen, and then you can look up at the monitor and you can see how Apple you know, broadcasts it in their in their in their broadcast. And I literally look at Surage climb the ladder and clear Amador out with his with his right but like I said, with his arm, clear Amador out. Then Amador hits face first, and Surage has the how do we the fortitude to grab his head when nothing happened to it In that particular instance, I was waiting for somebody to at least give some kind of I'm not gonna call it payback, because payback would mean that, uh you know, you send our what is it? You send ours to the hospital, We send yours to the morgue. I was looking for some kind of recognition from individuals about what happened to your left back, and short of and sort of Brad going to the official I saw none in pars.
Speaker 3: Okay, if I'm down there again, I will come say hi. Uh so, uh the back. The background of this is that, uh so Garrett wasn't there. I was going to do postgame comments with Rob, like just the walk off interview. Uh Rob dipto us like, so this this interview is not a league mandated thing. It's not like it's not like an NFL interview where like if you skip out, you get fined by the PA. It's just kind of that walk off. Rob like was like visibly irate, not necessarily at the door thing alone. Oh I'm sure that didn't help, but he was he was. I don't know if if y'all haven't heard the postgame presser, he's he's seething with anger, but almost at a loss for words. Because after the Charlotte game and a two week break to build up for this. He was pretty adamant. He didn't see this coming, the lack of fight, like, and they started to kind of like after they got their bell rung in the first ten minutes, I thought maybe they'll grow into it, and they just never did. I think he was just irate. He's like, you know, he's like, we we do all this prep to get ready for games. He's like, and guys have to go out there and play. They have to go out there and do the job. And they didn't. Like, dude, they just didn't at the other night, he just like he when he did, he does his lap around the field. If you ever watched post game robill do a lap around the field and to plow the fans and thank them for coming out. But then he got back to the tunnel and he went on a jog down that tunnel to the locker room, walked right in that locker room and closed the door, which minute was closed for all the access. And I'm assuming the Riot Act was read. But this is a thing that I was It's the thing stressed when Gonzalo Pina was fired, like didn't fix everything, and it very clearly didn't fix everything. You have deeper seated issues that need to be dealt with because you fired a manager. We've got something of a bounce, not bounce but not really like there's still there's wont two issues here, Yeah, because yeah, like we're standing on the bench, I'm watching these hits like the hit on on the door, and like I said, you don't have to go get a red card and kick him. I'm not saying that, not saying you go start a fall on fistfight, but you gotta come up and body up on him, either knocking down, get in his face, do something, or you got to get in honey Mooktar's face. Who's I think. I think honey Worth's the armband or no Zimmerman excuse me. Yeah, you gotta get in Zimmerman's face or Haney's face. You got to get in some even if Surgage is on the ground, you gotta get in someone else's face. And you gotta make it an issue. You gotta like, if they ask you want to make something about it, you say, yeah, let's go. You gotta make it an issue. You gotta stand up for your teammates in that moment. I don't care if you're losing to nothing at home to arrival. That sucks. You put yourself in that position with the way you played. I need you to reach down and make sure you got a pair of balls, because when you are letting your teammates get trucked like that and your goalkeeper comes out to yell at the ref about why the REDACTA isn't that a foul? What the hell are you not protecting my guys? For goalkeeper can only do so much. It's kind of one of those things of having the arm band on your goalkeeper sometimes where they're not able to really get into the mix and the fray of it all. Yeah, it's you gotta you gotta show each you got to pick up each other, and it's it's some of it's that, some of its you gotta show everyone. You gotta show everybody that they that that you are not to be yeah, that you were there, that you were not to be screwed with. You gotta be willing to fight and to bleed. I didn't see another of that, and it was really disappointing because it should have been more like you. It should have been more of a there should have been more fight there, and I was really disappointed by that. Lack of fight from the team, and then you know the game notwithstanding, you know, you're when it was one nothing, you know, you get one thing that got me was the when when Steon gets hurt, and Steon's wasn't malicious. He goes up, tries to win a ball. He wins all over till Bunberry and I think he his chin catches Bunberry and cuts open. And you know, your face has a bunch of blood vessels near the circle. So it's one of those things. You get cut on the face or the top of the head, it can be a very shallow cut and it will bleed a lot, Yeah, and it can look a lot worse than it is. Nothing malicious on either one of them. He's just he sky's Bunberry and I think he just kind of cuts his chin open.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Bunberry seemed like he was okay, which is good because he got hit on the top of the head, so I mean, hopefully he was not concussed in the process and hopefully he was all right. Yeah, but you at that moment, you had what amounted to a timeout, like a water break timeout, because they're working the like Brad's over there with a towel with the trainers making sure that Steon's not gonna bleed all over the field. You had a verified I'm out basically where half the team is standing over on the bench. And you know, I told Maddie at the time, I said, this feels like it's it's just like a water break. You have ten minutes left in the first half. This is that moment where you can kind of recollect yourself, get locked in and see if you can make something happen in those last ten minutes. Instead, you gave up a goal that got called back for offside. Correctly, it's correctly called back, yes, but you ended up giving up a ball in the back of your net instead. And man, dude, I don't man, I don't know. It's it is maddening watching them play like they did against Charlotte, which Charlotte's got it. Sidey Charlotte all you want as well, because Charlotte looked like dog water against Atlanta. Yeah, that should have been more than one nil. Kalino was outstanding. If we go back two.
Speaker 1: Weeks copy paste.
Speaker 3: But they didn't look great the other night either. Charlotte's Charlotte's in a decent enough spot though, where they really would need to like collapse for another two weeks before they start getting really scared because they did work in the summer to put themselves in a good spot. Yeah, imagine the concept right now. But you did that where you looked great, you were sound, and then it just wasn't there the other night, and yeah, man, like the first goal is that we've seen that happen and you'll see that happening games where like when a cross is overcooked and then you get the cross coming back, it can be really tricky to deal with because when you're defending a cross and it goes the other way, you're kind of at a position to deal with the countercross coming the other way and you have to kind of reset and give flowers to Alex Mweel who takes that out of the air on the fly and gets it right. It's a really good finish from mu Will, who I did not know he had that in his bag. I don't know if he has it in his bag again or not. That might be one of those Wow, that was amazing, How did I do that? But given credit for it and then yeah, you just you just didn't show anything the rest of the way man, it was Yeah, it was just it was disappointing that you showed up like that with a rival coming to town. We talked about Nashville's trying to change the wea they're playing. Look they did, and you're gonna have those rough patches. They had a not rough patch the other night, and some of that is Atlanta not playing well and not looking like they really were up for it, which is again, it's a rival in your building. You can't not be up for it. That's not acceptable under any circumstances. Is that acceptable. But credit Nashville too at the same time, because while they're trying to build something new and trying to rework something. When you're in that process, you're gonna get situations like, hey, you played that passage on the piano, and you played it right that time while you're learning it. And they played it right Saturday night and they got They earned a two nil win, and Atlanta didn't earn anything other than frustration and scoring right now, and they have a very short time to turn that around. Even in postgame comments, Rob was I think kind of going through the usual cliches and was very blunt about you know, it's like I know it's these are the cliche things to say, but you do have to burn the tape because you do play like we can sit here, you and I can sit here and talk about the issues, and we can do it until hell Wednesday morning. Yeah, we can talk about that game.
Speaker 1: They can't.
Speaker 3: They have to immediately like Sunday is a region day, and then Monday get out there and like looking at film for Miami, looking at anything that might have changed, and be ready to go for Wednesday night. Because if they're thinking about Saturday on Wednesday, they're gonna ship seven goals to Miami.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's the key here in all of this. Bark Killer is going to join us about five minutes for his normal visit. Uh, you've got to You've got to how have I phrased this in the past. You have to. You have to flush it, but not forget it, if that makes any sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty much. And the pars Honey is just honey. Honey isn't the same player he was three years ago. He can still be very dangerous, as he showed you when he scored that goal. Haney also throws himself on the ground the way that people accused Barko of doing all the time. Yeah, and Barco would go down easy. Barco also got his ass beat at times. Yeah, but Honey Mooktar like the foul that he picked up going into the going into the final third, just outside the box where he it's hip where he gets hit like bumped on the hip hip to hip contact with I think it was ste On. It's like a hip to hip contact. And then Hanni just throws himself down slight goes on a slipping slide for ten feet and all it tooks out Derek Williams in the process when he throws himself down was disgraceful. Man like Hannie is still good enough on the dribble and low key. One of my favorite battles to watch that night the other night was him and Jay because it's a couple of times he cooked j in the midfield, and there's a couple of times Jay didn't like completely lock him down or put him in hell, but Jay's slowed him down to where he couldn't trigger a counter and he had to play it back, which is what you can what you do with Honey Mutar. He's so good on the counter, getting him to not turn on you and not start running at everybody is a victory and that was a fun battle to watch. Like, Jay worked his ass off, got burned a couple times by a great player, other times forced him to give it up, which is what you needed him to do in those moments. Yeah, that was really annoying. But again, none of that changes the fact that they just didn't look like they were up for a rivalry game in your building against a team that is mostly dead but not We're not to the point where you can look through his pockets for loose change, but he is mostly dead, and you kept them alive. Of the games you have left, this was this was this was your easiest one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that one and may impossibly Montreal.
Speaker 3: Maybe Montreal squirrely too.
Speaker 1: When they lose, they lose big when they play it's not Suputo, it's entirely it's going to.
Speaker 3: Be so weird and annoying and stressful when atlant if if and when Atlanta beats Miami Wednesday night, because yeah, man, like again they have two of the funniest results of the year. The Columbus went at home missing everybody and their mother, and then the way in Miami with everybody with Gonzo's Back against the Wall where you went down there and you just beat Miami or death with a bike chain.
Speaker 1: For ninety minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it would be very much like the oh, so you're going to play down to your competition and then up to your competition kind of thing. If they come out Wednesday night and pull three points off Miami, man, we'll see different teams got to show up.
Speaker 1: H Let's see Mike mentions this morning on the two hundred and eighty character app in addition to everything else that Mike says, and he admits, and this is as of about twenty minutes ago, says he hasn't seen this anywhere else, but he believes that Messi and Friends will be without Thomas Avils and Sergei Busquet's Wednesday because of yellow card accumulation. So add that to anyone and everyone that we have been discussing that played ninety minutes see Messi, Comma, Lionel and Suarez Kama Luiz. And he said Gomez played eighty Rodondo when he was in played almost the full ninety He got the token, He got the token eighty ninth minute substitution. Let's see two four played eighty one minutes, so you maxed out your guys. You maxed out your minutes. David Martinez only played fifteen, but you know, obviously he was removed. They're going to keep an eye on him for injury. And Marcela Wagant played the full ninety So basically, I think nine of the eleven guys that you played were in that eighty to ninety minute run from your starting eleven. So how much of that you know means that you're going to come in here with a rotated side on Wednesday night? We will see news also out of inter Miami this morning is uh, I don't what the hell? Before Bart gets here, I'll go ahead and give it to I'll give I'll give it this considering that it is a fairly large piece of information, So we'll go ahead. Messi and friends got smart. Benja Kroumowski is signed to a contract extension through twenty seven, club option for twenty eight, currently in his second season with the club after signing his first professional contract. The fifth Inter Miami CF Academy product to sign for the first team since November of twenty two. Chris Henderson got his sentence, Kromoski got his sentence nineteen years old, joined in August to twenty twenty one and first team first seasons fifty nine appearances all comp six goals, nine assists, start at the U seventeen level, GA Cup Semi MLS next All Star nod and so you also have him getting a US M and T duty back in September of twenty three. By making his USM and T debut, becomes the first player to complete the player development Pathway MLS next Next Pro Major League Soccer. Also the youngest member on the USA's roster. In Paris he U nineteen men's youth national team Slovenia Nation's Cup triumph in September twenty two. So Kroumowski signed to a contract extension through twenty seven with an option for twenty eight.
Speaker 3: Well, good for him, not my problem right now. I got bigger problems to deal with with this roster than worrying about Ben Kromowski getting a contract extension. Sorry, I'm really trying to keep us off of a explicit rating as much as I can run.
Speaker 1: Now, you already hit it, so there's no so whatever. You already hit it this morning.
Speaker 3: I don't care. I don't really give a damn who shows up Wednesday night from Miami. Yeah, he doesn't matter to me right now. What matters is that the team that shows up in the red and black stripes I'm assuming, unless they're wearing the unless they roll out the third the second kit, or they tease the Marta thing and they drop a Marta kit on us. Whoever shows up in that kit for the home team, I need it to be a different team than the one that showed up Saturday night. I needed to be more like the team that showed up in Charlotte. And frankly, I need a little bit of Charlotte in him. Go back a couple of weeks ago. I need to go back a couple of weeks ago, not to in Atlanta played Charlotte, but when Charlotte was playing a game, somebody got clipped and actually Westwood looked like he was gonna absolutely disembowel somebody and put him in a blood eagle.
Speaker 1: And you need that.
Speaker 3: You don't need somebody, like I said, we don't need somebody to go out here and get people injured. But you gotta have somebody stick the chest down there and be willing to.
Speaker 1: Go remind them that you are their teammate that you are there. You are sticking up for your teammate. If it's an extended index finger in somebody's face, if it is colorful metaphors and elevated voices. Yeah, that's what we're hunting for our number two. And since it is a Monday, that means that it's time for Bart Keeler to drop in because we got a lot of stuff to talk about with Bart. First off, Barbar.
Speaker 3: Put John before we start. Sure, we are going to put an embargo for Bart's sake on a certain school south of Pennsylvania. So we're gonna let's put an embargo on that right now. Bart's had a bad enough week on that front.
Speaker 4: Did I drunkenly email the lumni Association and athletic department to cancel the donations I had made that week?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: Wow, so well, embargo the redacted place South South Pence Spaniel.
Speaker 1: You can just.
Speaker 3: Problems without that.
Speaker 1: Wow, Bart, you sound like you're still attempting to recover from a brawl. Comma backyard.
Speaker 5: John, My soul is broken.
Speaker 3: Coaching.
Speaker 5: I didn't even have watched the United game on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Neil Brown's the head coach.
Speaker 3: No I know, but it did.
Speaker 1: Oh, pat Nardo, is Nordoozy still there?
Speaker 3: I feel like they've had the same coach. I feel like Nordoozy has been there since Dave Wanstad left.
Speaker 5: They had Oh crap, not Todd Graham.
Speaker 1: God to Todd Graham.
Speaker 3: Well, I would imagine it's not Todd Graham. Because it was Todd Graham, this program might have shut down.
Speaker 1: Well well, and Todd would have left.
Speaker 5: I think he did leave.
Speaker 1: What it's just basically Todd Graham goes in for a year coach anyway. Yeah, Well, I.
Speaker 5: Mean my soul is not in a great place this morning.
Speaker 4: That's why I sound like I'm still recovering. Also, my voice is a little yeah, because I was busy yelling at a certain income poop who managed to.
Speaker 5: Again break my soul.
Speaker 1: So Todd Graham, Keith Patterson, Paul Chris, Joe, Rudolph, patn or Doozy, I do a coach.
Speaker 4: A year for the good decade. Yeah, but Arsenal beat Tottenham. That's great.
Speaker 1: Well, we got we got some roughing down here to talk about that one we do as a part of the discussion. But no, but first thing that I wanted to go into with you, this morning is involving the the the promotional walk that was had at WBD the WBD Glass in cased building in New York's where it is now officially official. The US men's national team have a new head coach, and we have not had you on since that promotional walk and subsequent press conference. Now that Mercia Pochettino is here, he is officially official. All of the Chelsea based contract elements have been apparently sorted and signed, and so now Mercy of Pochettino, the worst kept secret and all of international soccer, is now nine ann and now part of the US soccer community. Let's say you Bart Keeler, well.
Speaker 4: I thought you heard a lot of similar things to what you would have heard and a Greg Burhalter conference, but you also heard a lot of different ideas but also framing of some concepts. You know, look, I don't think it's I don't think it's going to be a drastic change in how this team plays. You know, it'll still be a team that wants to have the ball. How they get that ball will be a little different.
Speaker 5: You know, he.
Speaker 4: Emphasized a lot of running off the ball, both defensively and offensively, and I think that specifically will.
Speaker 5: Be a key change is we've.
Speaker 4: Grown accustomed to seeing the US national team be stagnant in possession and seem like they're out of ideas, and that to me comes from a lack of off ball movement for your teammates. And so that in particular could be an immediate change that unlocks the athleticism and fitness levels that American players have and uses them in a positive way. But he seems to you know, there's a reason he's been a very successful coach at a lot of big clubs is because he understands what he believes and how to communicate that to the players. And you know, it sounds again, there are some things he said that were similar to what Greg Burholter would say, but they sound different and they are framed differently. And then there's a lot of different things that he mentioned and those are what I'm hoping that we can see.
Speaker 5: Bear out in the these next two windows.
Speaker 1: Jared with bart on the national team, anything in your mind from the signings and.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, I guess what's your I guess runway with this where you're kind of is what's the runway like in terms of, Hey, there might be some bumps in the road while we get everything installed, while people get acclimated, that sort of thing. You know, what's what's your runway here with like how comfort how how long you're comfortable with just kind of maybe hiccups for lack of a better word. I know, we're two years out from a World Cup, so we only have so much time.
Speaker 4: Well, I think, you know, he said himself that they're not going to make excuses and they're not going to you know, look at this and say, oh, well, we don't have the time, And he said there is time, so he wants us to hold them to that standard. But you know, I think you have two friendlies in October where it will probably be a little rough to watch the team figure out what they're supposed to do.
Speaker 5: At given times during the game. But again, I don't think that.
Speaker 4: There will be a drastic change from what we were trying to do with Burhalter versus what we were trying to will be trying to do with Bunchettino. I do think there will be key points of emphasis that are different, and I think those are the things that Pouch in the immediate time frame can communicate with the team and say look, this, this, this is great, but this is what I want you to do, or these are the things you need to be worried about off the ball and on the ball. But then you know, in November you get into Nations League, and as much as we joke about playing a Caribbean country in the middle of November, Greg Burhalter's team struggled against these early round Nations League's opponents in this kind of secondary tier in Conca calf And you know you don't have the runway to screw up there because you need to be in that Nation's League final come March. Because you know the amount of truly competitive matches.
Speaker 5: Is very low going into the next.
Speaker 4: World Cup, and you need to use these as preparation to be able to, you know, respond when a team that is playing for something comes out and hits you in the mouth. Because we saw that happen in Copa America, where a team that was playing for something and playing with some passion that our team clearly didn't have. You know, when they came out and punched us in the mouth. We took that and stepped back a few steps and didn't really have a response. So those are important games because we know that those teams, and this is something he also touched on in the press conference. Those teams come to compete, they come to fight, and they come with passion every game. And if those aren't exist, if those don't exist within the team every single time they step foot on the field, which they have not under Greg Burholter, and I think he is very much to blame for that, despite people's wanting to blame players. Yes, Greg never approached a friendly as a do or die situation, and to be quite honest, from the sounds of the press conferences leading up, he did not approach Copo America as a do or die situation. And you know, the Argentinian desperation, the Argentinian passion hopefully translates from Pochettino to the US ben national team.
Speaker 1: Looking at just some of the quick quotes from the opportunity football is to touch the right button and start to perform. And we need to really believe in achieving big things. We need to believe that we can win, that we can win, not only a game, that we can win the World Cup. End quote. And she said players are so intelligent and so talented, they can play in a different way. For sure, I think we have time to integrate whatever philosophy that Mercy Pochettino wants. He says, the circumstances after the Copo America situation weren't good for the players to manage in the last two games. But the most important thing is to see the potential that we have. I see very good players end quote. I send the message to every single player around the world, they have the door open. Considering that no MLS players saw COPA action, and twenty three to the twenty six were European based, Cade Col the late replacement for Geo Rena, the only Mexico based US player called into the last three camps. So obviously Pochattino's trying to hit the right buttons in the press conference. He's trying to win the press conference by saying things that folks want to hear.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, he he's experienced this.
Speaker 5: He's been at a lot of clubs.
Speaker 4: And you know he's that That's why I do think that to an extent, it is he's going to say the right things and say them in the right way because there's a reason he got hired at places like Tottenham, like PSG, like like Chelsea. But the fact that he for the most part, has been able to take what he says in a press conference and then apply that and communicate That.
Speaker 5: Is different than I can think again that we had with the.
Speaker 4: Guy previous because and I'm sorry, like it's just I'm not trying to make Grete to be this terrible coach, because your clusion is a terrible coach. Greg Burholter is just wasn't doing his job well this past cycle.
Speaker 1: The recency attachment is where you are with your discussion.
Speaker 4: But the yeah, but the reality is, John, we had to make a stark decision after the Copa America tournament to move on from the guy who, in theory was hired to get us to the next World Cup. So you are going to compare them, and again I just think I go back to the idea of intensity and urgency, where he talks about, you know, we're not here to play, we're here to compete, talking about the players, talking more about the players, about how his coaching staff will be evaluating them from day one.
Speaker 5: You know, nothing is not No opportunity to.
Speaker 4: Evaluate players' ability to compete and perform in a match is going unused.
Speaker 5: And hopefully that translates to actual winning.
Speaker 4: And I think if any US fan will tell you that sometimes winning isn't even enough. You know, beating for Rendidad by the skinning your teeth and a two legged tie isn't enough. You know, Barely qualifying for the twenty twenty two World Cup by finishing third is not enough. If you're gonna beat the big dog in the region, you need to dominate the region. And hopefully this mentality, these minor adjustments to this playing style can.
Speaker 1: Help Bart Keeler hanging out with us at Bartamus Prime nineteen for the Soccer for us PO D at Soccer for the Soccer for US pod at Soccer for us PO D on the two hundred and eighty character app also on the table this morning. I do want to get into the late night that some of us had watching Activity Columbia. We will get into that. We've also got some reffing down here for Bart and Bart. I'm gonna try to keep you for fifteen minutes so you don't completely and totally blow out your will. I will try to keep you till ten thirty and just that way you can get into your your honey and diving into everything else Jared, anything else, on your mind US national team wise before we head to the youth national team and the chaos last night in Colombia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I know he left it open. So you know, look, everybody's on the table here. Any kind of off the wall names that you're looking at for people who are eligible who maybe have fallen out of favor to get back into the mix for the US national.
Speaker 4: Team, Yeah, I think the one that has the biggest I guess opportunity to get back into this group is maybe a Jordan p Fock, who has been playing really well at top level leagues for several seasons in a row and has just clearly not been favored by bir Right. And I'm not saying that he is definitively better than any of the strikers we've seen, but.
Speaker 5: He's clearly doing something right for club.
Speaker 4: And so a guy like that as someone who I think just can benefit from just different.
Speaker 5: Eyes looking at the playerpool.
Speaker 4: But I've said a whole long I mean, look, the reality is the playerpool is what the playerpool is. And if you don't think that Tim Way at Christian Polistic Geo Rena Weston McKenney, you know, if those guys aren't the best players we have. If Jedi Robinson and Serginio Desk aren't the two best fullbacks we have, then I don't know if I can. You're a reliable narrator in the story right now, because that's just the issue.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: There are going to be some French players that I think can benefit, you know, and and there might be guys who are currently.
Speaker 5: The team that get a little bit more priority.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking maybe a Luca Delatore, possibly Marlon Fosse. But at the same time, it's the player pools not going to just magically get better.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: What we hope is the players who come into camp respond to what he's telling them and can.
Speaker 5: Execute better.
Speaker 1: For those that decided to stay up late and knew where to find it. FS two. The chaos that was happening last night in the tournament that is going on in Collie and various and sundry other cities, the U twenty World Cup. The US is now in the semis once again. Local love Jordan Dudley, Riley Jackson a part of this. The US was down to nil in the second half, and I would swear up and down that there were two chances for penalties to be called in the seventies in the eighties that were not so. Germany had a two zero league going into ninety plus The US scores at ninety plus seven. The US scores at ninety plus eight to equalize to send it to an extra thirty players just basically tried to survive and not to totally you know, cramp up. In that thirty minutes. It goes to PK's. US wins three to one in PKS, and the chaos that was there bordered on truthfully national team after dark. I mean, it was out of control last night. But the US makes it to the Semis in the U twenty Women's World Cup. Come back for the ages added and the way that it's being looked at its goals at ninety plus eight and ninety plus nine as opposed to ninety plus seven and ninety plus eight. So yeah, go ahead and go ahead and add to that. So ninety plus eight, ninety plus nine, you're down to nil, you tied it too, You go to PKS, you win in PKS, You're now in the semis. Holy ish, Yeah, well.
Speaker 5: Got a great point like this is.
Speaker 4: I mean, we got our we the second goal Germany scored was even late, right, I mean that was the thing that I wasn't able to I wasn't able to watch this game because I was flying back from Pittsburgh, which I will maintain as one of the most underrated cities in this country. And so I'm like, I'm able to keep up with it on Twitter and I'm getting the notifications I have landed.
Speaker 5: I'm on Marta like all these things.
Speaker 4: And.
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 4: I don't want say I had turned it off, but because I didn't, but like I was like, all right, well that sucks. But as my continual stance is, you know, the goal of these youth tournaments is to get there to show well. And with most youth tournaments, the crap shoot is a crap shoot. Make the knockouts and see what can happen. And hey, look, Germany is not a bad team. They clearly have talent, uh And you know from watching the highlights, it's not like the US got completely dominated. It's just the fact that Germany got a penalty kick called for them to Actually we saved one in the first half. And we'll talk about.
Speaker 5: That in just a second, because I want to talk.
Speaker 4: About that young lady. But that is to go back to a po Chattino for a second. He mentioned the US women multiple times in his press conference as being the model of how to compete, how to fight, how to win, and they showed that last night. Why this program, uh, you know, despite Tracy Kevin's coaching them, is finding ways to win games.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I just I think'll be right about Tracy Kevins and I don't know why she's still employed. But I think the thing John is and this is where for all those who bemoaned somehow this talent was gone from the US team, this is one of the most professionally infused rosters. I think it's the most professionally infused roster we've ever sent to.
Speaker 5: Any these competition, in World Cup competition.
Speaker 4: And I think that was one of those things that shined last night is you saw players who understood what it meant to physically and mentally fight to get a result because they have to do that with their clip teams, right especially in NWSL, where you know, every week it seems like we have a new team that's out in and in the playoffs. There's a lot of stake in NWSL, and so that that to me was what came through last night and the quality and the determination of these players.
Speaker 1: And it's it was absolutely insane to see that match go the way that it did.
Speaker 4: Mean on that last goal was that sent Nora scored was was determination and grit.
Speaker 5: She just beat the goalkeeper to the wall.
Speaker 4: And again that that is talent, but that is desire, That is playing hard, playing.
Speaker 5: Through the whistle, and that was it was a wonderful comeback. And then we could talk about her. It's Teagan Why who not only.
Speaker 4: Saved the penalty in the game, yes, had the game winning safe after as you mentioned hometown girl Riley Jackson or the third penalty kick, but sealed it basically. But Tige and I had a fantastic game end goals.
Speaker 5: As a whole. She looks.
Speaker 4: I haven't been sold on her before this tournament, to be quite honest, mainly because it's hard, it's really hard to tell.
Speaker 5: And cocky cap competition. It just as I'm sorry, but she has balled out this World Cup in my opinion, And.
Speaker 4: Whoever ends up drafting her not drafting her anymore, who ever ends up signing her in NWSL or possibly abroad, I mean I think she would make it a team like nine Arsenal a thousand times better. She's gonna make a fan base very happy.
Speaker 1: It's it will be intriguing, to say the very least when it comes to what you're looking at. From the group that was there, it was. It has been a great watch to see them work their way through the tournament and getting into the semis. You know, that is that it's been. That's been a fun watch so far. All right, So seven minutes. Like I said, I'm gonna keep you to thirty so that way your voice doesn't die. There was some raffing down here this week, and one of them has to do with moments in the other match that you were paying attention to that has nothing to do with the backyard brawl, the possible kind of a backyard brawl. But yeah, true, that is absolute true.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The NLD as it is either hashtag or you know, I like, if you're one of the cool kids and you refer to it, you know as the NLD the North London Derby, you have to do the finger pistols.
Speaker 5: Not to be confused with the NLDS.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no. That would be an early round of the playoffs. Arsenal knocking off Spurs one nil. Michael Arteta admitted that he lost sleep trying to figure out what his lineup was going to be. I'd like to thank him for the back line that he did construct because that really did help me out in fantasy this past week. I give him full credit for that. And I started Gabrielle the red card on the Urian Timber foul on Pedro Poro, contact with the ball, then contact with the player. The ref shows yell to Urian Timber, checked by var for a potential red it was waved off as no red card. And this goes off of the Curtis Jones Eves Busuma challenge about a year ago. But there are things that you look into account about force and getting to the ball first in contact with the player. Walk us through that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think specific to this incident you are looking at we can't judge intent, John, but you can kind of infer intent to play the ball right. And so this to me wasn't a red card worthy because this was within a natural action of play okay right. The player was in control of himself for the most part, while he may have been careless slash reckless with this challenge, he was in control, he was doing something within a normal play of the game.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: This was not serious foul play by any stretch, And that's just what we're looking for.
Speaker 5: If you look at this and go, yeah, that serious foul play.
Speaker 4: Was that something that was, you know, using his body to target inflict pain on another part of the other person's body. You know, just because there is a nasty challenge doesn't always mean that it's a red card. And I thought this was a decent example of just going through this step of okay, careless, yes, reckless absolutely serious foul play no, because it wasn't foul play, right, This was just well, yeah, you you miss timed to challenge.
Speaker 5: You may maybe miss aligned your challenge if you will.
Speaker 1: Your aim was off, the challenge was miss aligned.
Speaker 5: But this was not to me, This was just not an example of serious voul play. And so therefore it's not a red card.
Speaker 4: It's not dog so it's not any it's not any of those things, right, This is within the natural realm of playing soccer.
Speaker 1: Then the one of the other points that I wanted to discuss had to do with and we see this a lot where you will have a save made by a keeper and it's a parry or a push or what have you. The save is made by the keeper and it forces another outbound motion. He doesn't hang on to it. He's either pushing it parrying it. You know, it's a you know, a reflex action to push it away from the body. So you get that reflex action or the perry from the keeper and it goes into a player whose arms are away from the silhouette. And it's not just because on the rebound off of the save it hits an arm that's outside the silhouette. The handball no handball discussion comes up because while the player's hands are away from his body, it's not a natural position, but it's coming off of a goalkeeper save action. What's the idea there?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I think this is I think we had a handball discussion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in the REV scheme that kind of fell under this as well, where yes, you want to have them not have you know, the arm outside the natural silhouette of the body. We are looking for if this is a relatively natural position for the arm if you're trying to play soccer, right, But we also do try to take into account a little bit the ability to.
Speaker 5: React or not be at fault of a weird deflection.
Speaker 1: Right. You know.
Speaker 4: The other thing that needs to be side is you cannot score directly from a handball.
Speaker 5: So if the attack, if this were you know, the attacker hitting their arm and then they score and you can't do that.
Speaker 4: So you know, there's there's obviously when the ball hits your hand from a short distance or a random deflection, unless you're the.
Speaker 5: Attacker who then scores.
Speaker 4: Yes, we're not really looking to call that because you have to allow for some You have to understand that the ball is going to hit you in random places on your body because it bounces randomly. Unfortunately, though it's a sphere, it does not always act in a logical manner.
Speaker 1: H Okay, So like I said, I just I wanted to run through those particular moments and get your thoughts on it on a on a purposefully shortened segment with you, because like I said, uh, if you don't have your pipes, then it doesn't help you out and having discussions with other folks doing.
Speaker 4: The pipes are there the uh're just tired John, the rest.
Speaker 1: The rest of the bodies kind of trying to catch up, but just tired, tired of playing the game, huh, tired of tired of being insane? Yeah, absolutely true. All right, so we will let you. We will let you go and get get in a morning nap or anything else that you need to do the honey and.
Speaker 5: At work currently, so that won't happen.
Speaker 1: Well, well, know what you need to do is you need to create like under the desk like George Costanza, what help do the same kind of a thing where you can kind of hollow out your desk and turn it into a living space so you can actually sit there and function and do more than one thing, and folks can sit there and wonder where you are. They open the door and they don't see you sitting at your desk, and you're like, you know, I'm underneath my desk. I'm actually having some fun, all right, So get back to work, my friend. My apologies about backyard brawl and the back and forth fourth quarter that I know probably took ten years off of your life. And we will catch up with you when we'll catch up with you, obviously in this sense next week and obviously if anything else happens when it comes to national team stuff or anything bat signal worthy we will catch back up with you soon, my friend, save the pipes and hollow out your desk and turn it into a Costanzo like setup.
Speaker 5: Well, y'all have a wonderful Monday, and remember that sports are just sports. I have to remind myself of that yesterday and today.
Speaker 1: Sports are just sports until they mean more all the time.
Speaker 5: All right, country, yea, right, we'll have a good one.
Speaker 1: All right, pretty good, Bart, Thank you, Bart Keeler. I didn't realize that Bart was at work, no wonder. He was kind of talking a little low, all right, So I was wondering about that. Now. It was, uh, yeah, So I didn't know that. I know that I'm guessing that Bart is in the office today because he was not in the office on Friday because he was flying to Pittsburgh to go see backyard Brawl. I think that's how that works, all right. So that's Bart, And once again, thanks to Bart, thanks to Jared, thanks to Abe, and now that we are in the final thirty five ish minutes, will they didn't even make it. They didn't make it to the sixth frame. I mean literally, it was Yeah, we got twos to talk about. And I know that you want to talk about hunt City, so that's a part of it too. We'll get into the twos discussion here in just a bit. Since since Will is discussing and wants to discuss spoilers in the Eastern Conference playoff race and that happened yesterday involving Landy United two and Huntsville City Football Club, you can go back and actually listen to our broadcast. You can go to our Mixler channel soccer down here dot mixler amixlr dot com and you can listen to our broadcast from it yesterday. Yes, yeah, one and two in regular time, one in four in pks, yes, so two for six total. I was thinking just specifically in the pkpks, so yeah, two for six in the game. So we'll get into that discussion. But I have yet to have opening kickoff with you, and I need to go and say hi to everybody and get to a couple of points that I do want to bookmark, because I was looking at the discussions that we were having and I want to bookmark them for tomorrow. So there are things that were brought up. I don't know if we'll have time to bring them up, and if I do, and if I don't, bring them up in their entirety. Then, so here's what I may do. I've got to do open any kickoff, I'll talk to twos, We'll go through the timeline, we'll say hi to everybody, we'll get what's going on. Champions League kicks back in tomorrow. We've also got the news of the morning where Manchester City is facing the inquisition, and we'll get into that too, So we'll get into the news of the am and like I said, if there's something that I feel we need to spend a lot of time on that's in the timeline, put a bookmark in it. We'll talk about it tomorrow because there was some stuff in there that I do want to talk about, but I think it's going to take longer than just sitting there and saying hi to everybody like we always do. So we'll do opening kickoff, We'll talk to twos because Will is here, We'll go through the timeline, say hi to everybody, and go through talking points. And then, like I said, if there's a long talking point, I want to save it. I want to talk about it, I want to address it, but I want to talk about it tomorrow long with the rest of Major League soccer, getting ready for Champions League and all that stuff. Okay, here we go opening kickoff brought to us by our friends, and now we're in thirty three minutes or an hour and thirty minutes in brought to was by our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot com. That's your QR code for those of you who are watching. However, you are watching us this morning, either on the two hundred and eighty character app on Twitch or on the YouTube's you hit that QR code. You start your day with Kickoff coffee. Notice how I avoided saying the word twice. Kickoff your day? You start it on check out, You go soccer down here fifteen You get fifteen percent off your purchase. They in turn take ten percent reinvested in youth games, youth in issue. It's very very cool stuff from our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot Com. I'm gonna sit here and wave my hand before I wipe out the all right, So when we get to our friends at a line snur's corn a second, I have been fighting the seasonal and what my e n T refers to it as is a neurogenic cough, and what it is is that it is a cough that is attached basically to nothing. There are things that will happen and once liquid and the fancy thing is like when liquid goes down my throat, then what it will do is it will trigger something in my throat that will cause me to cough. There's nothing behind it. It's just like you know, it's like a drive by. It's like a liquid drive by, and the water or whatever will go through my throat and it'll hit a particular part of it and it will trigger my throat and I'll cough. And that's why you'll see me kind of mute sometimes, is because the liquid going and rubbing against part of my throat. And this is probably a little too much for this is E and T down here, and I apologize for that, but I'm getting to my point. Folks all around us every single day will always want the best for us, and we love them for it. And so I go to my E and T. I get a little treatment, and then I get a cold on top of my treatment, and so basically everything that I was working on degraded back to square one because I got a cold. And it's like my third summer cold this year, and it's the most summer colds I've had in probably like seventy five years. And so every single time I think I'm making progress, I end up getting a cold and everything regresses. So one of the folks on our TV on Friday nights is into the homeopathic remedies and things like that. So show of hands, how many of you, you know safe viewing and save listening, how many of you are going down the homeopathic route when it comes to remedies and fixes and cures and things like that. I want to know just because I know that this person on our TV crew, who is incredibly valuable and a fantastic soul, she goes down the homeopathic route and she swears by it, and she's, you know, she's doing very well. So she sees and she knows what's going on with me, and she's like, Okay, here's what you need to do. You need to go to uh do you do you have this health food store near you or this health food store near you? And I said, well, I have them both, and she says, we'll go to be. So I go to be, and what she is requested, what she has encouraged of me is to go and get oil of a regano. I'm not kidding. This is the homeopathic route that she has chosen for me. And she's like, Okay, go to the health food store, get oil of a regano and start using it. It will help you with your immune system and it will hopefully and it might even probably get rid of your cough. And I'm like, okay, I'm in. So I go to the health food store and I go and I get and I'm literally I'm texting back and forth with her. She's like, no, you need the liquid form. You don't need the pill form. So you get the liquid form with the dropper and all that kind of stuff. So I go and I go in and get it at the health food store. And so it says on the side of the bottle, you know, two to four drops and you can do it two to four times a day. Alex were getting there, So on her advice, I go and get the oil of oregano. And me being me and all of you knowing who I am, Alex brings up the key point. Didn't I tell her that a regano is too spicy for me? Frankly because oregano is not normally a part of anything that I may eat unless it's Italian food and it's a fancy Italian restaurant. I'm really not chasing oregano as a part of my day to day. So I am ill informed when it comes to oregano and it's level of spice. I take the first sampling of the oregano and drop it on the and it's got the dropper, and so I literally take the dropper and I I put four drops on my tongue straight out of the blox. It burned the ever love and ish out of my tongue, and it tasted like salt. I mean literally, it tasted like salt and pepper. And someone just dumped like salt and pepper onto my tongue and I was my eyes were watering. My eyes were absolutely watering. I put the oil of oregano directly on my tongue, not knowing what I was getting myself into, and I'm thinking, you know, regano, it might be a little I'm maybe I was confusing it with basil. I don't know. I was thinking that oregano wasn't going to be as spicy as it was. But literally, it felt like someone had just dumped a truckload of pepper on my tongue and there was nothing I could do about it. And so it's like I was I didn't have any drinks with me. I was in the car by myself, and I'm trying to figure out what have I gotten myself into. Then after I do that and tell her that I've gone to the health food store and picked up the oregano and explained what I've done, she sends me this note, and I'm going and I'm gonna do it verbatim from what she texted to me. I'm going to tell you verbatim what she said. Let me find it here. Uh all right, please dilute. She's a strong one. Do it day and night for the next four days, and once a day or week for preventative measures. And so I said, I did it straight on the tongue. Before reading this, you weren't kidding about the burn, because she says, put two to four drops in a cup, and this is what she told me before. But I didn't read it until after add a couple of water, drink it down. It could burn a little bit, it'll go away. Oil of oregano kills every thing, and I wouldn't be surprised if your cough goes away too. So she sent me that text before in the timeline in the Timeline of our lives, she sent me that text before I had purchased it and used it for the first time, so she warned me ahead of time, but I did not look at my phone until after I pulled out the dropper for the first time and went directly onto my person and did it that way. So I was wondering just how many of you go down the homeopathic group and what it looks like, you know, when you guys chase after these kinds of things. By the way, I'm chasing after something that flew into the office and I don't know how to get rid of it. So it's attracted to light sources. So yeah, So my adventures with Oregano, I thought we were going to be more like adventures with Basil, and it is not the case. So I don't know if it's helping. I think it is. I think I'm coughing less, but it's just it was a it was a walk down the homeopathic route that I did not anticipate taking, and I paid for it. And now that I'm having to put it in a glass and water and I'll swirl it around. Literally, you can smell the oregano when you're done. You can smell the oregano in the kitchen like a mile away. The boss is like, yeah, I'll try it too, but you literally, you come downstairs, you'd fake that left turned through our living room into the kitchen. You can smell the oregano the second that you hit the door, jam the doorframe. The second you walk into the kitchen, you know that one of us has done our four drops of oregano in our glass of water, and I mean still diluting it through the water. It still gets to my stomach and still get through my nose. So yes, Adventures with spicy spices that I didn't think were spicy that are supposed to help me out, I think are helping me out. But we'll see. And I didn't know how many others of you took the homeopathic route and used that as a way to help you through situations like mine. So there you go, Adventures will Spices. That's opening Kickoff brought to us. Buy our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff coffeeco dot com. There's your QR code for those of you who were watching however you're watching us this morning, whether it's on the two hundred and eighty character w app, youtubees or the Twitch, and use the code soccer down here fifteen when you check out. It is a way to get fifteen percent off your purchase. They in turn take ten percent reinvested youth games youth initiatives from our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot com. Leaving my hand over the QR code so you can find out about our friends at Alliance Nurse Corp. That's the other QR code for the show. Over thirty years of experience for folks trying to find a career in the nursing industry or try to find a different career in a different path in the nursing industry, our friends at Alliance Nurse Corps, great friends of us here at SDH hit that QR code and you get to start your mission in the nursing industry with them post haste. They will ask, and I don't know if it's like an on air poll or something, or if it's like an on site poll. Now, how did you hear about us? Sdhho that's your answer. Technically it's soccer down here is your answer. But I don't know if sdh YO would qualify. All right, so there you go, And like I said, I apologize. There is a fly or something that is going around here in the office that's attracted the light and it might be in front of the camera, and I'm gonna turn all the lights off when the show is over and hopefully I can make that bug get out of here. All right, Let's say hi to folks this morning, and everybody who's come in will go over practice. Apparently Amador is practicing this morning. Shanda is not, so we'll keep an eye on that. Morning Scherif Morning, Alex, Morning David. David's like needing LGP on the squad. Someone needed to check on Surge and put a knee in his temple or cleating his leg, dirty dirty stuff. It was, and the fact that he is like, you know, oh, my head as he's walking away from the physios. I would like there to be some kind of retroactive viewing from our friends in New York. I don't know if it'll happen, though, and it would have to happen either today or tomorrow. Late in the afternoon. Morning Pars once again, Good to see you, Derek. Morning Emilio. Let's see morning Will. We'll get into the twos in a bit once again. Morning a Milia, Morning Rich. Let's say, morning Wiley. Let's see Morning Sharif. Will is looking at the two's roster and seeing who can work their way forward. Pars with a possible lineup. Morning Michael, and let's see, yeah for Tusi with the reference. Let's see Pars, Will, Emilio, David, Morning Katie Weaver. Good to have Katie Weaver in here this morning. Morning four Card once again, great to see you, and shake hands briefly. Mercedes Benz on the weekend, Will once again. Yeah. We got into discussing the women's national team, and Will says he thinks the three longest tenured coaches in FBS or Iowa, well that's four Iowa clemes in NC State and Pitt. I don't know if Doron is or not, but I mean, if Doran's made the move and he's had a contract extension every time that he's like a ten win team at NC State, He's like, I don't know, people are interested. NC State signs him to Doe a deal. He's like gusmels on to the acc where I don't know, folks are interested. N C State's like, what can we do to keep you? And then they sign him to a contract extension. He goes back to being eight and five parents, dabboed, Dorian and Nardoozi. That might be. Let's see morning me in my conversation with Will Morning four card morning, Will morning unk. Good to have you in this morning. And once again there's Alex okay, all right, we'll talk MLS next pro here a little bit since Will's in the timeline yesterday, Oh my god, it was chaos and the margins of error and you can listen to the full thing on the twos review on the Network. We caught up Maddy caught up with Ashton Gordon and with Steve Cook after the match at Lamba United gave up before the twos gave up four in the first thirty seven minutes against Huntsvill City and Huntsville City on a couple of occasions just went over the top, went with the long ball, tracked it down, got into the eighteen and got it past Jayden Hibbert. So they're down four nil. They score one late in the first half to go four to one, score one early in the second half to go four two. Ashton Gordon scores in. He comes in as a sub has a slam dunk at the back post to make it four to three with about ten minutes to go. I think it's like eight. And then I've got him in the eighties second and then Jonathan Perez and Pussius Pussius with the hat trick on the day Pussyus puts a a PK pass Jaden Hebbert. Final score was six to three. The road team in that series has won every game. Huntsville City won the first one July of last year. The following three at Wicks Family Field in Joe Davis Stadium were won by Atlanta United, two in Huntsville. Huntsville City won yesterday, and Huntsville City scored the most goals that they have scored in a season in a season appearance with six yesterday. They had scored four on two other occasions this year, but getting six. Pussius a hat trick on the day, Bologno scored and then it was forced a Jago getting one, so it was Pussius with three the Jago. That's five Pussius with three forster, ro Jiago, Johnny bolanos Oh and Jonathan Perez. That's your six. But yeah, it was it was chaos and it could have very easily been four to four and then all bets would have been off. But to the discussion that we were having about twoes players that possibly would be impactful on Wednesday, And Mike has also released this morning the crew that is in the middle. Then let's see. We do have the ref's assignment from this morning and I think, oh, let's see, we'll Sindo Mendoza is the man in the middle. Your ars, Jeffrey Grease and Nick Yuranga. Fourth official LISTA Nichols Unice Maracci is your v R. Ian McKay is your a v R. Doug Robertson of the AJAC is at practice this morning and he's says that Atlanta took the field about a little after ten o'clock. He did not see Shandi, but he did see a Pedro Amador, So that's good news and we'll keep an eye on that as well going forward. Let's see what else is going on. Oh, the twos. To wrap up the twos discussion, Yeah, Dowd made a couple of big saves in the first half as well, for it was his sixth start of the year. Brian dout in net for Huntsville City, So the margin for Aaron. Like I said, you can listen to all the highlights on the post game and where things stand in the Eastern Conference on twos review, it's on the network. You go to spreaker dot com that's like Speaker with an R in the middle, and you've download the Spreaker app and then you search for soccer down here. Then when you set your notifications, you'll know when we've got something live. You'll know when we got something on tape. You'll know when we got a twos review. You know we got one v ones. We've got a one v one coming up later today, which is very very cool. We catch up with a former Georgia Impact to wp SL player, Monigo Carnly, and she she is in Guatemala, so she has gone from the SEC where it just means more to Georgia Impact to Guatemalan pro soccer. We'll catch up with Carnally later today and that'll be a one v one on the network. And so, like I said, if you go to spreaker, you go to soccer down here, save us set your notifications when that net. When that interview goes live around dinner time, then you'll be one of the first ones to know that we caught up with Minigo Carnly from Georgia Impact and who's now playing in Guatemala. So that's what's uh, that's what's up, as the kids say with that. But yeah, Will it was an absolute car crash of the match. It absolutely was, and so we will. Yeah, and Jadon Hibbert from the fortieth to the eightieth definitely did stand on his head, so it was it was a car crash. And you can go to our mixer site and you can listen to the match in its entirety. All of our twos matches from this season are on our mixer site, so if there's a particular match that you want to hear, you can go back and listen to it. And it's been a fantastic season. Three matches to go for the twos. The margin of error when it comes to the postseason is officially gone. Had they won yesterday, they'd be at thirty four points. They'd be six points out of a playoff spot. With three matches to go. The next match they have is Thursday night at Matthews at the Sportsplex, taking on Crown Legacy, who is the eighth seed right now at forty points. Atlanta United two is at thirty one seven wins, three matches to go, So right now the marker is forty. Anything north of forty forty one and the twos are out of the playoff hunt. Still chasing with three matches to go, but the margin of error is as slim as slim can be. Chattanooga f Seas at thirty eight points, Carolina Corps at thirty seven, Toronto's at thirty four, Red Bulls three, Atlanta's at thirty one. See a win yesterday would have put him at thirty four points, six points out two to go. Right now it's six points out three to go. Now it's nine points out three to go. So that's a lot of chasing for the twos. But yes, Will, it was an absolute car crash of a match. You can go back and listen to it, and you can listen to the Twos review if you just want the short version where we catch up with Ashton Gordon and Steve Cook can play all the goals. The goals themselves. I think took four and a half minutes four and a half minutes for the goals. And by the way, if you have not set your fantasy team, set your fantasy team, set your fantasy team, did you know? By the way, And this is something that I did not until I was alerted to this. The Orlando Pride in the NWSL, they have an unbeaten strength of twenty one games. Will a goalless draw against Kansas City Current. They are four matches away from an undefeated NWSL season. Well, see if we can catch up with Jen Hildreth on a Tuesday in short order and catch up with one of the busiest people in show business and find out about the NWSL. Maybe we'll ask Marion Crowder about it on Thursday too, and Mary will let us know about Super League and SEC and all that kind of stuff. So here's the rundown for the week. Once again, the Minigo Carline interview will be on tape and that will be up on the network tonight around dinner time Tuesday, So wide open Tuesday. We'll catch up with everything that we don't talk about today. We'll talk about Major League Soccer. Will get you ready for Champions League. I know I've got to go about the news over overseason a bit. Wednesday is evolving into a midweek whip around because obviously with Messi and friends in town, we got to talk about that all the other matches that's your fantasy team and get ready for that matchup. Don't know how many of the herons will be available. Mike mentioned in his two hundred and eighty character app this morning he believes that Ovulus and Busquets might be out because of yellow cart accumulation. We'll keep an eye on that. But a lot of the thought that played Philly and Rich knows this played at least eighty minutes, if not in the full ninety, So it will be a rotated side unless you're going back to back in with your activity on the weekend. But looking at the schedule, we know Atlanta hits the road and they take on Red Bulls at Red Bull Arena on Saturday night. The matchups on Saturday at NYC at Yankee Stadium. That's the leadoff game at Yankee Stadium on Saturday afternoon. So you're going from Grass against Philly playing everybody ninety minutes. Basically, a lot some played eighty most played ninety except for Doved Martinez who has swapped out after fifteen minutes. Keep an eye on that for an injury notification to the matchup midweek against Atlanta to going to Yankee Stadium and being the early match on Saturday afternoon on season past at two o'clock. Methinks the hero and will be rotated. Wednesday Tyler at nine fifteen will see if Dylan Butler, the busiest man in the Northeast, can join us at ten Mary and Crowder hopefully can join us at ten thirty. We'll squeeze in a midweek whip around. In all of that, see if we can catch up with a jacent at some point. Also, remember that's a seven forty match time on Wednesday. Thursday. It will be a reaction Thursday and our number one, our number two is your Power Hour with Nino and Nico at ten and ten thirty. Then Friday, once again it is a weekend whip around. Pat and pending trademark coming sooner, hopefully rather than later, because Atlanta's got to get ready for the match up against Red Bull as the sprint to the playoffs continues. Three matches in eight days, so we have all of this stuff to talk about, and the match at Red Bull Arena is a night game, by the way, in Harrison, New Jersey. So that plus all the other league stuff, plus Thursday night with the twos taking on Crown Legacy on the network, It's a busy week a lot of stuff into very little space, and we'll be talking about it all week long here with everybody. I noticed, and this is probably something that we do need to roll over to tomorrow. And it was a discussion about the playoffs and whether or not Atlanta United should even chase the playoffs. Bookmark that I want to talk about that tomorrow. We don't have enough time to get into it today. So Derek, Emilio, Michael and anyone else that has gone down this road in the twitch pitch this morning, remind me as we talk about the rest of what happened this past weekend in Major League Soccer tomorrow to get into this discussion about playoffs, no playoffs, et cetera. So I'm asked king that you be my brain, and I know that's a large ask. So all of the all the talk about playoffs and I'm not gonna do the Jim Moore drop because that's not germane to what we're getting into here. Let's talk about the playoffs in a longer discussion tomorrow because we've got a lot of news to get into before we get out of here. So I'm asking to bookmark the discussion about playoffs. No playoffs, Rich Morning Union los to MESSI and friends. But at least he'll get to watch the Eagles smash the Falcons tonight. I should I think I started, I started, Man, I should have started Dallas Goddard instead of Dylan Schultz from Texas. So so we'll see. Let's see pars in the in the discussion Chaine. But yeah, Will, how was the twos game? In person? All was a car crash? I said, Maddie and I were there for the network and it was a car crash. It was one of the it was one of the wilder games that I've called in play by play, and it was absolutely nuts to go through that game the way that the way that we did and be a part of that discussion. UH Derek saying, play the kids will sing, Nobel Kellow and Ashton Gordon pars Well the possible UH starting lineup for Wednesday, and let's see Uh, Emilio Robin wanting the job once again, bookmark that bring that back tomorrow. Uh, let's see mm hmmmm mmmmmm mmm. Yeah. And David says it looked like a five three to two last time against Miami, Derek Stion, Abram Lennon, Wileye McCarty, Mumba Yah Almada and uh Tra and Saba. So probably uh five three two three five two against them. But once again, I believe, uh, that's gonna heavily rotated, considering what we're seeing from Mike, what he thinks about yellow card accumulations. How many minutes folks played the midweek knowing that you've got to be on the road again, and Miami is in the middle of a three game of a three game swinging eight days like everybody else. But my guess is, after this match with Philly, or they had the matchup with Philly, then you have the matchup with Atlanta, and then you have the matchup involving NYC on the weekend. So you look at what Miami has been doing, Miami on the road, Hang on just a second, then you had so you had Miami at home, Miami on the road in the midweek. My guess is is. I don't know if they're gonna I don't know if they're gonna fly home and fly up to New York. I don't know how counterintuitive that would be, but yeah, Miami's gonna be on the road two matches in four days. They may as well just leave here and go to New York's and be ready for that early afternoon kick the first match of the day. That's crazy. So that's what I'm looking at. I'm looking at a rotated side, and I'm looking at them possibly traveling to New York immediately after because they've got the early match on Saturday. To see what you're staring at when it comes to enter Miami and Messi and friends in their trip. Yes, Arthur was in the house alongside his son Josh, who is the alternate governor and the one who is in charge of all soccer meetings and things like that, and Garth. There was the cutaway Garth talking to Josh, uncle Arthur listening to the match. So, yes, the Blanks were in the house. Let's see, let's see. Katie says, making Dacks go out like that against his former team is a disgrace. Yeah, pars Honey, got everything called from in that one basically made a paper. In the second half, he's it's so disappointing, you know, the talent that is there in Honeymook Tar. But he decides that he wants to try to to dive and try to create things that way will and playing the kids is a part of it. Milliare discussing the d and its improvements. Let's see, I'm trying to go down the list here. Yes, yeah, my takes Regano's two Spicy john and food down here. But yeah, seriously, David, it was like somebody just dumped pepper on my tongue and smell it all over the place. Trial of the Century this week is going on overseas and it is the beginning of the hearings involving Manchester City in one hundred and fifteen charges the clubs. Apparently according to the Telegraph, and this is an exclusive by Jeremy Wilson at said Telegraph Premier League Clubs headline. Frustrated by secrecy surrounding Manchester City one hundred and fifteen charges, hearing sources argue the case being held in public would bring clarity, accuracy and act as a future control and deterrent cities. Hearing is confidential, being held in private in front of an unnamed three person commission in accordance with Section W of the Premier League's rules. Public details of the city charges have been restricted only to a basic list of the rules and seasons of each alleged breach, and while photographs have emerged of legal teams arriving at an arbitration center in London, even the location of the hearing was kept under wraps. A lack of shared information extends even to other Premier League clubs, and although what are deemed interlocutory decisions judgments during the hearing could be shared as deemed appropriate, the next definite date will arrive only when the commission's final awards are published on the league website. Premier League rual w dot four four even says only that the chair of the three person commission may order that a transcript of proceedings be be taken. Premier League has followed the rules for an independent commissioner peel Board is set out in its handbuck, but after Everton, Lester and Forrest, there's now feeling both inside clubs and among sports lawyers, greater transparency is needed and so early returns there that the clubs are none too pleased with what's been going on and not telling anybody what's up with Manchester City. Wilson I guess for today's requested required reading breaks down the charges, all one hundred and fifteen of them, and it's been six years since Der Spiegel first published the series of allegations based on documents at obtained via Football Leagues. Biggest proportion of the charges related to the required clubs to provide accurate financial information series of charges regarding the accuracy of detail City provided for both their manager and player payments in the period between nine ten and sixteen seventeen. In the charge sheet, the Premier League simply refers to the rules and the seasons. However, the manager breaches only relate to the period between nine ten and twelve and thirteen when Manchini was leading the team. Breaches respect to player payments ten to eleven to fifteen sixteen. Once again a city accused of the Premier League failing to comply with PSR complying with the rules for not complying with the rules for over a four year period, initially banned for two years from UEFA in twenty twenty for alleged breaches, but they successfully overturned that suspension at cast Premier League also brought in PSR from twenty thirteen, which limits the club's financial losses to one hundred and five million. We've talked about that a lot. City alleged to a breach rules on PSR in every season fifteen sixteen, sixteen, seventeen and seventeen eighteen. Investigation launched in December of twenty eighteen. Charges relate to rules requiring members to cooperate and assist investigations in good faith, including by providing documents and information alleged. The failure stretches through five seasons from eighteen nineteen through twenty two to twenty three. City deny any wrongdoing, and we mentioned what Pep Guardiola said when he was asked about it in probably I think it was the MD minus two was where Pep Guardiola addressed it, and I posted the Telegraph article in the timeline for requested required reading today. As everything goes forward there the expulsion threat for the Euros in England in twenty twenty eight. UEFA has to be satisfied of the new independent regulator's influence and keep an eye on whether or there's talk that UEFA will not pull the Euros in twenty eight, but keep an eye on the relationship and the oversight that the independent regulator may or may not have or may or may not want when it comes to England and its overall state of football. So keep an eye on that. Everton up to nil Pars, I'm hoping has seen the extended highlights of the comeback with Aston Villa, where Villa came back to win at three to two, and you have you have all of that to keep an eye on as well. I know that we're in the plus time, we'll hopefully I'll try to blow through as much of the other information as we have. Folks at the Guardian a seeing that de Rossi risks becoming the new Mourinho at struggling Roma. Connor Gallagher is already being elevated in his status at Atletico Madrid with their beginnings this season in the Championship. By the way, Stoke has sacked Stephen Schumacher and are targeting Norwich coach Narses Pilache. Stoke his thirteenth two wins and three losses. Plash has worked at Huddersfield in Girona. So Stephen Schumacher out at nor Sorry it's Stoke and the Norch coach is being targeted right now as a part of the discussion for the future of Stoke as the season has not gone well for them to start things off. Let's see Stoke and Steven Schumacher. I'm trying to see if there's anything else. So the early returns from our friends at Talk Sport discussing all kinds of sackings and things like that five games into the championship season. So that's it for Schumacher. Some folks, you know, they absolutely just start to freak out front offices, streak out, freak out, and then because of that you end up with a lot of sackings at the bottom of the table and a lot of knee jerk reactions. Cardiff were considering sacking manager Errol Bulu after their start of the season and they believe that Blue may have lost the locker room already after only five matches and one point rock bottom of the table. We're starting thirty five years scored only once, conceded eleven times. Atmosphere in the dressing room has become very negative senior players now questioning Blues training methods fourth league defeat, as they lost one nil to Darby County on the weekend. So Cardiff maybe Stoke City, Yes, and we'll see what continues there as well. So I'm trying to roll through the papers really quickly and see if there's anything else that I have missed. Yes, the Marta collection is out. That has just happened and I'm probably going to be absolutely poor because of it. And remember tomorrow you end up with thirty six teams, one group, eight opponents in your Champions League and all of that starts tomorrow as well, so we'll go over those matchups. We won't have to worry about anything involving group stages, group play, anything of that sort because you're all in one big group, all in one big group now, So hold your breath and we'll see what happens with the Champions League. We'll go over those matches tomorrow. Apparently Robin Van Percy is coaching. I did not know this. It's coaching at Harronving. They lost nine to one on the weekend to a ozed Alkmar. Troy Parrott scored four. It's only his fourth game in charges manager of being appointed. In May, Parrott moved from Spurs for just under seven million pounds. So Robin Van Percy against azed Alkamar twelfth in the table, losing nine to one, using nine to one to Azad Alkmart. So we'll keep an eye on Robin Van Percy and his and his managerial carousel as it goes forward. So I think, I think that's everything the U. Let me go real quick, and I want to see about the Marta Collection because I know that that information is now out and I'm officially scared. It was mentioned that it was going to be out today, it is now officially out and before so it's in that one so which it's like, I've got like nine thousand emails and I'm trying to figure out which email it went into. So it is in this account. So let me hit the let me hit the refresh button because it is in some places. There we go, okay, now it's officially popped up. The Marta Collection retail line is out for Atlanta United, blending soccer and transit designs and four custom pieces now available at Atlantic Station. Oh boy. Yeah, So looking at the photos that were released and I'm trying to see all the scarf is insane. Oh, the scarf is insane. I like I like the sweatshirt, taking the three Marta colors and going at O U TD and Marta lettering and Martiphont. I like the hat, so I like the hat. I love the scarf and the uh the sweatshirt. So it's gonna end up being hat, sweatshirt, scarf.
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 1: Land United sends all this stuff, sends all this stuff our away. So the ATO UTD line is out and we're all going to the poorhouse. So there you go. Let's see. So Alex, yes, you had a big win yesterday. Alex and his Newcastle undefeated ten to twelve in their first four matches, three zero to one. So we'll talk about more of the Premier League tomorrow once again, especially as we get into Champions League and also as the Trial of the Century this week continues involving Manchester City. So that's a show and what we will do is come back tomorrow. Then we'll do it again at nine oh five once again. Well, everything that we talked about today, and remember there are some bookmarks, playoffs, playing the kids, those kinds of things. I want to get into that in more detail. We're going to get into what happened in Major League Soccer on the weekend. The other matches will continue to update news heading into a midweek, and the points that you guys had will get into in depth because with the guests we had this it's going to be a little difficult to talk about some of the points and just sit there and gloss over them because I don't want to. I want to flush them out and I want us to have an honest discussion and an earnest discussion as we always do about these kinds of things. So playoffs, playing the kids, anything else, other discussions the rest of the weekend in Major League Soccer, getting you ready for Champions League. We'll go over the new Champions League rules because it's no longer a group stage. It's everybody in one pile and survival of the fittest. We'll get into that as well tomorrow. So a lot of stuff to get into on the show tomorrow. Thanks as always for dropping by as you always do, and remember remember remember, remember, be there for each other, be there with each other, give everyone your love and everyone your best. That was a great move by Atlanta United to wear the Appalachi arm bands for everything that the Appalachi community is going through. And it was a fantastic move by the team to wear the arm bands on the weekend. So be there for yourselves, be there for one another, and make sure that you tell everybody that you know the sung by r Kels, Tell the ones you love, you love them, do that every day. So on that note, we're out. We're gonna come back in little less than twenty two. We'll talk stuff. That's the official term. And for everybody here at SDH, thanks for dropping by for the morning show. Back Ana again nine oh five tomorrow morning, and I will try and finish the show better than I started the show because I'm going to put up a slide and I'm supposed to do that. Back up again nine oh five tomorrow. Morning show is going to be released on the app coming up in just a little bit, with your favorite segments and the show in and of itself. So what's your Plotzy'll played say, be back at you again tomorrow morning.