Speaker 1: This is Dan Caples and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dankplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. American way is peace through strength. Right you want to stop or prevent war, never get in a war, then be strong enough nobody's going to want to fight you. It's also prosperity through strength. Ryan trademark that right now. I've never heard anybody say that before, but it's true prosperity through strength. And that's what you're getting right now with Trump. And yeah, hey it's it's a wild ride in the meantime, right but nothing great ever came easy. So that's what we're getting right now is prosperity through strength. And so, Ryan, as we hear people say these tariffs they're going to devastate America, you've got some prominent Republicans at this point to a supporting legislation that would take that terrifability away from President Trump. I think what we have to keep in mind and why I think it's so important to have trust in Trump on this and to back this play is that the key to any great deal. And remember, the book he wrote was not the art of the tariff. The book he wrote was the art of the deal. So those who are assuming that he is not doing this in order to gain leverage to get deals, I think are mistaken, because that I believe, and I've said it from the first moment he announced these tariffs, is what his play is.
Speaker 2: It's not to sit around for two to three to five to.
Speaker 1: Six years while these tariffs take their full effect over time in the American political process.
Speaker 2: That just wouldn't be feasible. Right.
Speaker 1: It might be an ideal in certain ways, one could argue, but we'll never know because it wouldn't be feasible politically. And even somebody like President Trump now, who's willing admirably to do very painful things in order to reset this country economically in a positive way, you know, his party would not stand by and allow the kind of wipeouts that would occur during the mid term, the twenty eighth cycle, etc. While tariffs, you know, had their time to work. No, he did this to gain leverage to do deals. And that is what is happening right now. And yeah, we'll talk about what's about to hit China overnight and where we think all of that is going to end. But clearly, as I said from the first instant he announced this play, it is to gain leverage to do deals. We all know you can't do any meaningful deal, let alone a good deal, unless you have leverage. I mean, I've been practicing law for forty years.
Speaker 2: I do big cases.
Speaker 1: The only way you're going to get a maximum settlement is if you have leverage. And the only way you're going to have leverage is if you've proven you'll go to trial and you know how to win, and you're going to go to trial and you're going to win. And that's where you get the leverage to make them pay fully. On the other side. You cannot get any great deal without leverage, and talk is cheap, same thing in my analogy. You can say all those things, but unless you actually go into the courtroom and prove you'll go into the courtman and spend all the money to go into the courtman and spend all the time and then be blessed to win, well, then the other side's going to completely ignore it. So the only way Trump could get this leverage is to do it is to do it. The only way to it is through it. So you got to do it, and he's doing it. So there's some disruption and there's some pain in the meantime. But I think this is a play for leverage and I think that he's carrying it out very well right now, and I think he's going to get a lot of good deals and I think he's going to get him pretty quickly. Obviously, the big kahuna is China, right the big violator is the Communist Party of China and Trump.
Speaker 2: I think Ryan didn't he just go to one hundred and four.
Speaker 1: Percent tariffs on Chinese goods, and so I think that kicks in maybe at midnight tonight. So yeah, there's going to be this international game of chicken going on, particularly with China.
Speaker 2: And I can't sit here and tell you whether it's going to go on for days or weeks or months.
Speaker 1: But you know, I would betch my golf clubs and the family truckster that it's not going to go on for a year.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's going to go on for six months.
Speaker 1: I'm not in that camp that thinks, okay, it's all going to get worked out in the next three days. I think the issues are probably too big for that, but maybe it does. I mean, there's a lot of mutual respect. It appears between these two. On the one hand, you have one of the most evil people in world history in g on the other hand, you have somebody who's been a hero for freedom in the world in Trump. But they appear to have this mutual respect. And maybe there's an opportunity for a quicker deal there.
Speaker 2: Why because she knows now.
Speaker 1: She knows Trump operates within the American system right where where he's going to be subjected to many more political pressures. And thank god we're in a system like this with those competing pressures and not in a communist system.
Speaker 2: She has some more leeway that way.
Speaker 1: But it's not like it's not like everybody in China right now is driving a Bugatti, right. I mean, they've got some economic problems of their own. So it's the art of the deal, not the art of the tariffs. The tariffs are a way to get leverage so President Trump can get some deals, saying God love them for us because the status quo has not been good is not good. And Ryan and I come back to this point then we'll open it up to calls and text. Can anybody deny this profound truth, The underlying premise of all of this that if we are going to have the America that we want, that any sane person want, any good person wants. If we're going to have that America, something maddick has to be done to support, to boost, to provide the opportunity, not guaranteed outcome, that's communist crap. I'm talking about equal opportunity for working people in America. There has to be some really significant change, and I believe what Trump's doing right now is part of that.
Speaker 2: And then another I won't call it bombshell kind.
Speaker 1: Of overused and most often used in connection by Ryan of course with his amazing fiance, but kind of a bombshell revelation today that President Trump has confirmed that he's thinking of some tax cuts on the pardon me, let me take that back. The reason it's a bomb show is because he's thinking of tax increases on.
Speaker 2: The very wealthy, and so we'll talk about that as well.
Speaker 1: Three or three someone three eight two five five text d an five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 2: So we got a lot to do, and we haven't even got to the Nuggets.
Speaker 1: Yet Yeah, we're not a sports show, so we won't devote the whole show to what A like to, which is to talk about the firing of Nuggets coach Michael Malone today. And I just want to say this on that I've never met him, like him personally, like how he handles himself, like overall, how he's approached the team. But clearly this team was no longer responding to him. And that can happen right through no fault of anybody's overtime.
Speaker 2: That's just the.
Speaker 1: Nature of relationships. It's been ten seasons, but not my marriage. It's been thirty seasons plus there, and it just keeps getting better, and we just keep winning more and more championships as we define them within the confines.
Speaker 2: Of marital bliss.
Speaker 1: But what I'm saying is I have so much respect for the Kronkeys for pulling the trigger now because you've got to send the message and the rest of the season, it probably won't last that long, but the rest of the season is going to be so much more valuable, so much more interesting, And it's so respectful to the fans, you know, who pay a lot of money.
Speaker 2: I got to bias.
Speaker 1: Our law firm is the official law firm partner of the Nuggets in the Colorado wa Avalanche, So.
Speaker 2: I've got a bias there.
Speaker 1: And yeah, we get some time with people in the cron Key organization stuff like that, But but I just have so much respect for them for doing this, and it's it shows tremendous respect to the fans. We know, even if you don't pay a dime for tickets, you pay with something more valuable than paper currency or plastic. You pay with your time to watch this team. You pay with your heart to support this team. And it's respectful of fans to say, we're not putting up with this garbage we're seeing on the court right now. We got the best player in the world and we're not going to sit back and voluntarily waste another minute of his time. So I think a tremendous, tremendously respectful message to the fans and an important message to the players on the team. You want to be here next year, Go play some defense, Go play some defense. Bryan Schulin could go out there, and what do you think you'd shoot? What would your shooting percentage be in my prime?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Off the bench able to three or a couple, but just one thing, and I don't expect you to dovetail out this dam But on behalf.
Speaker 3: Of the fans. Did you watch that calamitous conclusion.
Speaker 4: To the game the other night where Nikola Jokic had sixty points and Russ Westbrook split his hair on fire and lost the game.
Speaker 1: Listen, here's why I don't criticize Westbrook for that, and that is he plays hard. Right, If you're gonna play hard, you're gonna be bold and dynamic. Then every now and then there's gonna be a big, big mistake. That's just one of the biggest mistakes people have seen in.
Speaker 2: A long time.
Speaker 1: That's why I don't fault Westbrook for that. But you're right that end to that Minnesota game, what was beyond a gut punch. What bothered me even more, and then we'll get off sports. What bothered me even more was the end of the game Sunday night.
Speaker 2: You know, where.
Speaker 1: Jokic, as always is playing his heart out and then you don't have the defensive effort and you give up a late loss to the Pacers in a game you had to win. So I just respect the Kronkeys for pulling the trigger. When we come back, we'll get back to financial armageddon. Say the panic porn folks, I don't think so. I think we're in the middle of a brilliant not perfectly played and I'll tell you what I mean about that, but a courageous and brilliant move by President Trump that's going to pay enormous dividends pun intended.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Caplas Show.
Speaker 3: And now back to the Dan Kaplass Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Is trading higher today and we did see what was welcomed yesterday, and that has a bounce from some of the lows and even a higher close on the NASDAC. One of our guests, the Secretary earlier mentioned the resumption of the trade put and not coincidentally, it coincided with your trip to Florida over the weekend, where reportedly you were stressing that the market needed to hear that negotiations about these tariffs we're in play lo and behold, we did see a bounds.
Speaker 2: Is that a fair assessment? You think that's what happened and we'll get to us.
Speaker 1: Got a sense answer to that, Treasury Secretary, which I think is very encouraging. You're just consistent with what I've been saying from the jump. This is all about cutting deals, cut twenty two.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 6: I went down to see President Trump, as I do many weekends, and you know, I can tell you it's all President Trump's decision, and he had a view on after Liberation Day that we should go into quiet mode and let our partners think about the kind of the shock and awe that he presented. And over those following few days from April second, we had the I think we're up to seventy countries contact the White House for how to come and negotiate. So, you know, I would say that the negotiations are the result of the massive inflow of inbound calls to come and negotiating had nothing to do with the market.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is not a complicated formula.
Speaker 1: Right, You've got to impose these tariffs to get the leverage because talk is cheap. You've got to impose the tariffs to get the leverage. Then you cut the deals. China toughest not to crack. That may take longer, so yeah, there's probably going to be more pain ahead, right, and then everybody has to decide for themselves if they have a four to o one k. If they're in the stock market, et cetera, they have to decide for themselves how to play it. You know, nobody's ever going to time the bottom perfectly, right, not if they're going to do it legally.
Speaker 2: Nobody's ever going to time that.
Speaker 1: So you just have to decide, Okay, did you wait before putting some money in to take advantage of some bargains? And you know me, I'm no expert when it comes to stock picking or anything else, but clearly you've got a lot of companies that kind of dominate in their own sectors that are, you know, twenty thirty percent off their highs. So people just have to decide when are they going to get back in?
Speaker 2: Are they going to get back in at all? Personally?
Speaker 1: For us, and again, do the opposite of whatever I do, But yeah, for us, you bet. And I'm just kind of layering in knowing we're gonna have ups and downs, it's not the bottom, but also knowing that you never lose, right Ryan, You never lose a dime.
Speaker 2: Until you sell exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some awful things can be happening right now, but you're not losing any money unless you sell. Now, some people closer to retirement or maybe a sick child, you have these other special needs that pop up, then yeah, you may be facing some losses, but as long as you can wait it out, you're not going to lose that money, and you're going to be positioned for when it inevitably comes back.
Speaker 4: That's why I was so surprised, Dan, I found your conversation with Ross, and I know our listeners did, very intriguing, very interesting as you continued to really battle in the arena of debate, and that he had revealed that he had already sold off, and I'm like, really, I was quite stunned by that development that he would have reacted so viscerally and immediately to some uncalm in the market. Because of your very point that if you ride this out, as Marco Rubio said, and I think he articulated it well, the markets will adapt, the markets will adjust, the markets will correct.
Speaker 3: There isn't going to be a bottoming out here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but an experienced trader like Ross.
Speaker 1: And I'm not an experienced trader, right, I mean, I spend my days in my law practice representing my clients all that good stuff. Ross is an experienced professional trader, so what he may well be doing is yeah, he had mentioned that he had sold some stuff. I can't remember his exact words. He may be just planning to get back in, you know, to take advantage of that churn, and a skilled guy like that may be able to do that very successfully, whereas I.
Speaker 2: Would not be right well, nor me.
Speaker 1: I just try to find I just try to find good companies with true value doing good things, you know, or at he's not doing bad things, you know, that that I can invest in for the long term. I'm not a day trader kind of guy, you and me, But that's why I don't have a fleet of bugattis like one young Ryan Schuing. Yeah, right, are there any And I'll get back to that in a second. I did want to cover one thing before the end of this segment, and that is, you know, I've praised President Trump a lot because he deserves it, and I'm not going to repeat all that praise here.
Speaker 2: I think the maneuver he's.
Speaker 1: Making now is necessary pain and he's going to land it very well. The one thing that I wish he had done differently here because this is such a major, a major disruption, is I wish that he had done an Oval Office address in the beginning, just laying out his plan, the reasons for it, and he's got many good reasons for it, and just talking about why it was going to.
Speaker 2: Be worth this short term pain.
Speaker 1: I think that that it would have been better for the country to have that Oval Law address in the beginning. You know, I think he's been explaining all of that before and since, but I think that would have been a nice additional touch with that. Said, Hey, bro, whether it's a week, a month, three months, six months, I have no doubt America long before the midterms is going to be saying this is a really gutsy move. And he won, and America won, and we're in a much better position today, and I think the country and the Republican Party are going to head into next year's midterm cycle with the head of steam.
Speaker 4: And it goes to what you said yesterday, Dan, that is President Trump would not be staking all of his political capital, and that's what he's doing here. He's putting all his chips in the middle on this issue, this topic trade in tariffs. If he wasn't confident was going to work, if he was a losing that, why would he do it?
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 1: And it's not just the confidence it's going to work. He's in control right now.
Speaker 2: Obviously.
Speaker 1: You know, say that the big koon of the deal with China that eventually is going to get done here, I'm not saying that's going to be an overnight thing or an over weak thing or over the course of one month. And you know that's that's a time's going to become very tense, and there'll be an awful lot of pressure on President Trump as we see the market go.
Speaker 2: Up and down, et cetera. But he's in control in the end.
Speaker 1: He's in control in the end because in a worst case scenario, you know, he can get a worse deal than he hoped to get and still come out ahead of where we work. So he is as in control as any president can ever be in a scenario like this. And Ryan, he goes into it in the perfect position, right because talk is cheap. You know, you've got to prove strength, and he has proven his strength and his willingness to stand in there and fight like no other president in modern American history. So he comes to the table with that hard earned credibility that he's putting to work for us. Now Canton will work to his own political benefit as well. Three or three someone three eight two five five text d An five seven seven three nine. You're on the Dan Caplass Show.
Speaker 3: You're listening to the Dan Kapliss Show podcast.
Speaker 1: The big question that a lot of people have here is does the alien enemies that cannot be used at all?
Speaker 2: The court did not rule on that.
Speaker 1: I suppose they may never, although one would think it will work its way back up to them. Again, did he give any hint and you're reading of this, any hint on where they may go here?
Speaker 7: No, although I am disturbed that they didn't at least give us a hint that this may not be a proper use of the Act. And I'm also really disturbed John by their failure to engage with the bad faith of the administration here in rushing these people onto a plane, in not releasing the proclamation publicly, and rushing them despite the fact they had a court court hearing in place where they had a good reason to believe that the judge was going to stop them. All of that also remains on ste which to me in bolds the administration to try to keep pushing these limits.
Speaker 1: Well, sure it does, I think this was an enormous win for the Trump administration. I think very good for the country overall on lots of different levels. And we'll get into more detail on that as we move through the show. Want to get to the phone lines. Continue to talk about something that's probably very much on your mind, whether you have any stocks or not in the retirement fund, et cetera, just because you know that there may be some disruption coming up in the broader economy as well, particularly as Trump goes head to head with the Communist Party of China starting at.
Speaker 2: Midnight tonight, and we don't know if it'll go weeks, months, etc. But we do know a deal is going to get cut sooner than later.
Speaker 1: In America is going to be in a much better position than it was before President.
Speaker 2: Trump levied the tariffs.
Speaker 1: Before I go to the phone lines, let's squeezing a couple of texts. Dan, Ryan, maybe Ross sold before the tariffs. I thoroughly enjoyed the battle of the talk show host yesterday. Dan, you held your own regarding tariffs. I really enjoyed that as well. And it you know, Ross Kaminski does a great show on KOWA. We disagree on this issue. He's a real sharp guy, and it is great to have that battle of ideas. It's one reason that Kapitalist and Siliman worked for years, and I think was still working at the time that show ended. But I just think we need more of that, right, We just need more of that, and I think consumers benefit from that.
Speaker 2: We're all consumers right all the time.
Speaker 1: Dan, I wish President Trump would have put the number ninety two on China, meaning Trump forty five, Trump forty seven equals ninety two percent tariffs.
Speaker 2: That from Eric, Thank you, Eric.
Speaker 1: We love a sense of humor often the very best way to communicate.
Speaker 2: Dean in Arvada, Colorado. You're on the Dan Kaplo Show.
Speaker 1: And then I want to get to the one thing I think President Trump could have done better here, even though I think he's done a lot extremely well.
Speaker 2: Welcome Dean.
Speaker 8: The reason I'm the reason I'm calling is because of the Ammy Cooney Barrett Pack Oh call, yeah. I was listening to Jesse Kelly a little bit. Uh you know him, right, yeah, yeah, Well he.
Speaker 9: He was just for informational purposes.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 8: He basically explained that her sister has been threatened. Uh, you know they said bomb threats at the Barrett's house. It looks like she it's either been threatened or because I don't think she's on the take, I think, oh, I think they did, and I just think they got to her, uh, and they're sharing her. I think I think Trump needs just started putting some massive security around.
Speaker 9: All the judges, even if they're a liberal judge.
Speaker 8: I think he out of security.
Speaker 2: Well, and I'm so glad you called on this.
Speaker 1: So I think you and I have different takes, my friend, but thank you for coning on something really important and for most folks.
Speaker 2: With normal lives. You know, there've been a couple of.
Speaker 1: Really big Supreme Court rulings in the last twenty four to forty eight hours, and Justice Barrett went against the administration on one of those, and had been, you know, on the other side of the administration on a couple of cases recently, and you know, in support of the administration's position on some other big cases.
Speaker 2: And so there's been this concern on the.
Speaker 1: Part of some that Justice Barrett, you know, at this point is really a justice suitor or some have said that she's concerned for safety, et cetera. I respectfully disagree on that Dean. From everything I've seen about her, I think she is a person of utmost character and strength and principle. And while I strongly degree disagree with some of the positions she's taken, I think she's gotten there honestly true to her own judicial philosophy. I don't think she's outcome driven in terms of I want to be against the administration on this. I haven't seen anything that suggests to me that there's some kind of overarching issue with this president who obviously appointed her. So, yeah, do I wish you would have come down differently in some of these rulings, You bet, But I don't think there's anything nefarious or any kind of intimidation going on there. Oh we losteing, Okay, well, hopefully you'll come back. I'm sure he has a different take on that.
Speaker 2: But I believe.
Speaker 1: Obviously every word I just said to you. I think what happens is that you know, you get you get people, and the judge has such a different role, right because when you take on that judicial role and you put the robes on, it's it's supposed to mean at that point, Okay, your own policy preferences, opinions, et cetera. You know, those don't matter anymore. Those don't matter anymore. That's why I have the RoboN. And so in turn terms of how different judges and justices in this case approach their job, I believe this is a person justice spart with this judicial philosophy and she follows it strictly no matter what outcome it leads to, and that she's never going to be, you know, like we see so many in Supreme Court history, so many justices on the left to in my opinion, you know, just become partisans and just become outcome driven. And she's never going to be one of those justices. I think she's emerging as a key swing vote. But one thing that tells me Ryan among many other things, but one thing that tells me that she is absolutely true to her judicial process and beliefs is where she came down on roll because that, you know, Dobbs, the overturning of role, that is the toughest thing any justice in modern American history has had to do.
Speaker 2: And it was the right thing, clearly, not even a close call, but the toughest thing.
Speaker 1: And she was absolutely rock solid on that, And that, among other things, leaves me with no concern that she's.
Speaker 2: Going to be one of those who go soft on.
Speaker 1: What's really right because she wants to be liked, you know, by the East Coast academic establishment or any of that garbage. She was true on Dobbs, and that I think tells you just about everything you need to know.
Speaker 4: Jerry's still out and fun intended there on what she'll be long term, thank you.
Speaker 3: But it just goes back to the conversation you and I have had over these many years.
Speaker 2: Dan.
Speaker 4: You go back to John Paul Stevens appointed by Gerald R. Ford, and he went wildly to the left. Then David Souter on Herbert Walker Bush's watch. Then you had under Ronald Reagan even Sander Dale O'Connor and Anthony Kennedy went to the middle. Then you also had John Roberts the Chief Justice. He's been unreliable. It never goes the other way. We're a Carter, Bill Clinton, a Barack Obama, Joe Biden appointed in Supreme Court justice and they drift to the right.
Speaker 2: It never happens, No, And you're right, it doesn't.
Speaker 1: And I do think you know, justices are only humans, some more susceptible to it than others. But obviously you get that poll of the East Coast academic establishment, including the Ivy League establishment, the media that's largely created by the Democratic Party, it's controlled. And then also just human nature, right is so many people, you know, get consumed with what their legacy is going to be, how they're going to be viewed by history. And guess who gets to right history. It's the left normally through its control of the media. And so I do think you see over time some justices give in to that. I don't think she is giving into that one iota, and I think the Dobbs decision is the best proof of that, but that there are other examples. But you're right, it never goes the other way, does it? And you look back on Centa day O'Connor, and listen, I run old Reagan was a gift to this country, and I'm grateful that we had him as our president. But the books I read and everything else, it doesn't appear to be in dispute. Is Sandra day O'Connor, if I remember the stories correctly, and it's been a while, was supporting abortion pro abortion legislation in Arizona and still got a Reagan appointment to the US Supreme Court. You haven't had, in my humble opinion, you have not had a Republican president of the United States truly committed to pro life in including on the US Supreme Court.
Speaker 2: And listen, it happens to be the correct outcome, but constitutionally it's the only outcome is Dobbs.
Speaker 1: The only constitutionally correct outcome is Dobbs. But Trump has been by light years the most committed Republican president to.
Speaker 2: The life issue.
Speaker 3: Very true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, three h three someone three eight two five five text d An five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we got.
Speaker 1: An awful lot of ground to cover, and of course we'll continue to overark it all with what's going on economically, the related politics.
Speaker 2: Why I'm convinced this is a.
Speaker 1: Brilliant move by Trump which is going to work bigly. You're on the Dan Caplass Show.
Speaker 3: And now back to the Dankaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 10: The President is right when it comes to tariffs and when it comes to trade. In fact, Democrats have long said that the United States of America has been ripped off by the countries around the world. They just don't want to admit it now because it's President Trump.
Speaker 2: Who is saying that.
Speaker 10: In June of nineteen ninety six, Nancy Pelosi spoke on the House floor.
Speaker 2: She urged her.
Speaker 10: Colleagues at the time to fight against the status quo trade policies that had contributed to America's.
Speaker 2: Trade deficit with China.
Speaker 10: In fact, Nancy Pelosi said, how far does China have to go, how much more repression, how big a trade deficit? How many jobs have to be lost for the American workers, how much dangerous proliferation has to exist before members of this House of Representatives will say I.
Speaker 2: Will not endorse the status quo.
Speaker 10: Those are the words of Nancy Pelosi in nineteen ninety six. While President Trump is finally answering her call twenty seven years later, Nancy Pelosi can thank President Trump today for the one hundred and four percent retaliatory tariff that will be going into effect on China.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, right on target. I love the fact they're fighting on this. Three or three someone three eight two five five texts d an five.
Speaker 2: Seven seven three nine.
Speaker 1: But as we go to calls, remember this, it's not the art of the tariffs.
Speaker 2: That wasn't the name of his book. It's the art of the what the art of the deal.
Speaker 1: And you can't make a deal without leverage, and the way he gets leverage is through these tariffs. They're not an end game unto themselves. There are a means to a rapidly that might mean six months in the case of China, but a rapidly much better landscape for the US moving forward. Let's go too beautiful and it is Frederick Color, I don't talk to Doug.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dane Capitalist Show.
Speaker 11: Welcome, Hey, Dan. Just you know, I've been thinking about this from the working man's perspective, the average guy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think the average medium in.
Speaker 11: Come in this in this country is.
Speaker 9: Eighty thousand households somewhere in there.
Speaker 8: You know, maybe it's one person working, their wife's staying home with the kids.
Speaker 11: Just think about what I'm getting at is what's good for Wall Street?
Speaker 9: Is that necessarily good.
Speaker 2: For Main Street?
Speaker 11: We haven't seen that in this country lately.
Speaker 9: A lot of so many people.
Speaker 2: Can't afford a home.
Speaker 11: You know, a lot of people work so hard and they just can't get ahead.
Speaker 9: And what you have with these with a lot of the trade policies, one we're dealing from a trade deficit.
Speaker 11: But two, our very own flour along case are hurting us in some sense because yes, we're putting away of money for retirement, but that money going to retirement, yes that's couldn't find. But if you have to borrow for that to pay your mortgage, you can't even afford a house. So what I'm getting at is, if you're set up to where you're going to make the most money.
Speaker 9: Three or four one k, maybe those companies.
Speaker 11: Are all based in a foreign countries, how does that help us as Americans.
Speaker 9: We've got to get the jobs back here.
Speaker 8: We've got to help Americans.
Speaker 11: We got to help Main Street in order to help help Wall Street.
Speaker 2: Well, what we need.
Speaker 1: What we need, my friend, is we need a Manhattan Project for the working class in America. We need a Manhattan Project for the middle class in America. Because the single greatest threat to the continuation of America as we wanted is right now the many different ways that the working class in America is being abused and is being being deprived of equal opportunity and equal opportunity for their children. And this crosses all lines of color. It's a big reason why President Trump has gained so much among people of color. Is because so many people of color are hard working people who are part of the working class that typically gets screwed in this country. So yeah, we need a lot, We need a lot more than just the gains that are going to be made through this this tariff leverage play of Trump, and they are going to be important gains, but we need a lot more than that. To Hey, appreciate the call, but you're one hundred percent correct, And it's a matter of maths, it's a matter of fairness.
Speaker 2: It's a matter of just coherence of our society. I mean, you can't have.
Speaker 1: Anything, you can't have anything stay together if the middle is cut out. And that's what's happening in America is this gap between the halves and the working class in America is growing greater and greater and greater.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't need jerk blame the rich.
Speaker 1: People, right because in America, part of the idea is that people should have that opportunity to prosper, you know, if they have the ability to the great idea, the great product, the great this, the great that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we want to.
Speaker 1: Encourage that, right because it benefits everybody and it's part of our freedom. So My reaction is not to blame as a whole, you know, the rich the halves for the fact that the working class is falling behind.
Speaker 2: The working class is getting.
Speaker 1: Screwed in America by the Democratic Party, which is now owned by the left wing. And listen, the Republican Party hasn't been blameless, but the Democratic Party has built in existential motivation to keep the working class down.
Speaker 2: Because our last call.
Speaker 1: To Ryan referred to median income being up around I don't know sixty or seventy thousand. I know what the median income is in America. What do you think it is? Ryan? I time an individual or do a income husholds Well, not individual individual? Medium income in America is is what would you guess just under forty what you're right? When you win and you ad you get some married people both are working, it's a round eighty k. But my point being this that the Democratic Party knows the math. When individuals start making around seventy some aregu sixty five, some aregu seventy five, but around seventy thousand a year they vote Republican. So the Democratic Party has this is built in existential incentive to keep working class people down. Just proportionately people of color, but all working class people down. And then beyond that you get into the politics of it, right, and so there is a war on the working class on multiple fronts, and President Trump is trying to deal with it in a very tangible way here on the terrorf side. But that's not going to be the silver bullet fixed for everything. There's a lot more that has to be done for the working class than that.
Speaker 2: But finally, a president who's willing to suffer.
Speaker 1: Some political pain to dive in and try to do a reset three or three someone three eight two five five textda in five seven seven three nine. Why is Colorado Democrats at the legislature trying to protect child rapists?
Speaker 2: Dge Brockler joins us, and that after the break on the Dan Kapla Show,