Speaker 1: Welcome Just hand Away Tagalog Sermon Podcast, your daily dose of inspiring, heartfelt tagalog.
Speaker 2: Sermons from different pastors and speakers all over the Philippines.
Speaker 1: We hope that this podcast finds you in good shit. And now here's your message. Boy.
Speaker 2: One of them, one of them is my close friend told Perry.
Speaker 1: You know, Perry looked at me the other day.
Speaker 2: She said, you don't have many friends, she said, and the ones you do have, they either fall into sin or they die.
Speaker 1: And be careful that anybody won't be my friend. Oh man. So and it's what.
Speaker 2: This is the thing, I guess And this is not it's mentioned in the notes, but it's not really a major point. But I'm gonna make it a major point right now. Relationship relationship with the Lord. And I'm not going to ask you to show your hands or anything, but I'm just gonna lay some things out and then.
Speaker 1: We'll go to the message.
Speaker 2: When you start looking at the Word of God and the importance that people placed on their relationship with him, it was the primary, most important part of their lives.
Speaker 1: And in our church world we make it convenient for them. It wasn't so convenient.
Speaker 2: And I think we do a disservice to the body of Christ.
Speaker 1: When we minimize that, we give lip service to it.
Speaker 2: But how serious are we that we get in God's presence every day? And I start looking go through scripture, and when you see people who who are are convicted of sin or of what's going on in their life or their ignorance the word of God and turn and devote themselves to the Lord. You see an entire nation turn. You'll see an entire family turn. You'll see circumstances change supernaturally. But it has to do with that relationship. And so a Sunday morning relationship with God and then invoking him when we have difficulties, that's not gonna get us anywhere. It doesn't work that way. God doesn't work that way. And I think that's why so many people struggle. I'm thinking of a guy in ministry right now.
Speaker 1: Who's who's who's on the verge of.
Speaker 2: Losing his ministry because and part of the reason is not all of it, but I would wager the beginning of it is.
Speaker 1: The work of the ministry replaced his time with the Lord.
Speaker 2: And if you if if you can't you can't understand that, maybe you can, but but it it okay. I'm gonna do my prayer time and my devotional time, and I'll make my my sermon preparation part of that. No, I'm gonna pray for the sick.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna pray on the way over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, we begin to substitute, we begin to switch, and then we shortchange ourselves and our relationship with the Lord. And then when something goes wrong, or we're confronted with a challenge or or or are we're having to go pray for somebody, then we got to play catch up. Now, if you're honest, I would bet and I hadn't done the horses in a long time.
Speaker 1: Rais so that when all of a sudden we have a crisis, we.
Speaker 2: Run to God and we're working to get him on our side. Lord, I need you to intervene that bad report from the doctor. I just I reject that. Father, touch me, heal me. Please God, I need your help, Please Lord. And then we go get everybody we know to pray with us and pray for which is you better?
Speaker 1: But we're not sure. We know what the word says.
Speaker 2: We've heard testimonies, but we're not sure in our own relationship that's the problem.
Speaker 1: Because now we got to go.
Speaker 2: We feel like we've got to go try and convince God to get on our side in this, and we really need to take a long, hard look at the priority we have concerning our personal relationship with the Lord. Now I'm not and if this sounds condemning, I'm not trying to make it that way. It's a pattern that I see over I see it all through scripture, and I see it in my own life, and I've seen it in other people's lives. And you know what, if you look at scripture or you look at history in your life or other people's lives, you can see that that outcome is really kind of like flipping a corn.
Speaker 1: It's really not that great. But when you looking at people who have a relationship with the Lord, walk closely with the Lord, guard that relationship.
Speaker 2: Then when something presents itself, they don't have to wait, let me go find the mind of Christ on this. They go, uh no, we're going to do this, Father, thank you.
Speaker 1: I think we're going to do that. I reject that.
Speaker 2: I accept that, and there's a confidence and a boldness because of the depth of the personal.
Speaker 1: Relationship I'm talking to myself here.
Speaker 2: Okay, Uh, you know what something just recently scared the.
Speaker 1: Mess out of me.
Speaker 2: My oldest daughter called me and said, I need you and mom to make the call on this. Okay, should I marry so and so or not?
Speaker 1: I tell you what.
Speaker 2: I was afraid to answer, because what that means is it's all on me.
Speaker 1: All of it's on me.
Speaker 2: It's one thing with Perry because you know, I mean, it's not all on me. It's me and her when we got married. But now my daughter over whom I have a stewardship before God, says Daddy, I need you to make the call.
Speaker 1: I'm scared the crap out of me. Man, that's a serious thing.
Speaker 2: There's so many implications spiritually in a marriage.
Speaker 1: It astounds me. And you look at this and I'm going I had.
Speaker 2: Let me, let me pray and talk to you mom. So he's coming tomorrow to ask for her hand. I've already talked to him some things that we're going to prison over.
Speaker 1: So we've had that talk.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, chris is oldest daughter goes on our first day tailgate party his front yard.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm furnishing the food.
Speaker 2: Okay. They talk about an uptight, little fellow man. That's gonna be fun to watch. Okay, Now that relationship we got off a little bit relationship, relationship, relationship, and an inner part of with the contrast we're gonna look at here is one party had a relationship with God, the other did not, and it made all the difference in the outcomes, or was a major influence.
Speaker 1: All right, let me give you a little background.
Speaker 2: This is a story about David and Goliath, and I'm gonna set the scene here. You've got Saul in his army and they've gone out to fight with the Philistines.
Speaker 1: The Philistines were from Greece.
Speaker 2: They came coasting down the coastline, invading, pillaging, looting, and they settled on the coasts of the Mediterranean Sea of Israel, and they ran the Israeli's inland and took the best land. And so you had this constant struggle now and they come and the attack, and they go out and the fight. As a matter of fact, in chapter thirteen, I'm gonna read two distinct verses for you. Chapter thirteen nineteen, not a blacksmith could be found in the whole land of Israel.
Speaker 1: Because the Philistines.
Speaker 2: Had said otherwise, the Hebrews will make swords or spears Verse twenty two. So on the day of the battle, not a soldier with Saul and Jonathan had a sword or spear in his hand. Only Saul and his son Jonathan had them. That's an earlier battle. That's the battle that talking about when Saul would not wait for Samuel and offered up to sacrifice and Samuel came in and rebuked him. That's when that took place. You can see why Saul is nervous. He's losing men, and he's got a sword, and Jonathan got a spear, of vice versa, and everybody else has got pitchforks, hoes, shovels. It's a farmer army against a real army. So Saul was desperate. So this is the type of environment that this has taking place in.
Speaker 1: But there's something new.
Speaker 2: The Philistines send out or Philistines however you want to say it, send out Goliath every morning and every evening, and he walks out there and he challenges Israel to send out a champion.
Speaker 1: Now this was new to them.
Speaker 2: Prior to that, in the Middle East, they just ran at each other and had all out brawl in battle. But coming from Greece, they had a different principle in this thing. You send out your big guy. We send out our big guy. The winner takes all that way.
Speaker 1: You really only get one person has to die. Rest of us get. You know, it's not so bad. It's kind of like war by proxy. I mean really.
Speaker 2: So he goes out there and he's doing this for forty days, so eighty times this guy walks out and challenges them, mocks them, makes fun of them.
Speaker 1: So Israel still in the Bronze age. They don't have very many weapons.
Speaker 2: What they do have, our inferior Philistines have steel and iron, and they got cutting.
Speaker 1: Edge weapons of the day.
Speaker 2: So Israel is sitting there going, man, what are we gonna do? What we're gonna deal with this? And they're all afraid. They're terribly afraid. So this is the environment that we see taking place. And then we see David come on the scene in this first Samuel seventeen. Now, the Philistines gathered their forces for war and assembled at Soko and Judah. They pitched camp at Epes. Damn him, I didn't say that, Chris. Between Soko and Azeka, saw and the Israelites assembled and camped in the valley of Elah and drew up their battle line to meet the Philistines. The Philistines, I can go back and forth, occupied one hill, the Israelites another, with the valley between them. A champion named Goliath, who was from Gath, came out of the Philistine camp. His height was six cubits and a span nine feet nine inches tall. And you in here, no Andrews, what six' four so figure somebody more than three feet taller than that nine feet nine inches. Tall he had a bronze helmet on his head and wore a coat of, scale armor of bronze weighing five thousand shekels one hundred and twenty five. Pounds on his, legs he wore bronze grievous and a bronze javelin was slung to his. Back his spear chef was like a weaver's, rod and its iron point weighed six hundred shekels fifteen. Pounds this the point on his spear was fifteen.
Speaker 1: Pounds his shield.
Speaker 2: Barrel went ahead of, him And goliath stood and shouted to the ranks Of, israel why do you come out and line up for. Battle AM i not A? Philistine are you? Not the servants Of. Saul choose a, man have him come down to. Me if he's able to fight and kill, me we will become your. Subjects but IF i overcome him and kill, him you will become our subjects and serve. Us then The philistine, said this DAY i defy the armies Of.
Speaker 1: Israel give me a. Man let us fight each.
Speaker 2: Other on hearing the word The philistines', Words saul and The israelites were dismayed and. Terrified so this is what's going on every. Day they've been out there for over a. Month So, Jesse david's dad calls him from the fields and he, says, hey, listen.
Speaker 1: Here's some. Food take this food to your, brothers.
Speaker 2: Check on, them bring me back news about your brothers and about the. Battle So david heads. Out now the distance isn't real. Far So david takes off and he and he gets there and he and as he r arrives, there you, know you got this army here and now all dressed up for, war and they're also are. Raided they're lined up like they're gonna, fight and The philistines on the other side on the other hill there the same, way and down in the valley is this, giant and he's challenging them every. Day every day he's mocking.
Speaker 1: Them it's been.
Speaker 2: Going on for forty, days eighty. Times this man goes out there and issues this.
Speaker 1: Challenge and So david.
Speaker 2: Walks up and he's looking at all this and he's listening to the men talk to the, soldiers and they're, TALKING i don't. Know if somebody go down, There if whoever the man, is goes down there and he kills that, Giant saul is gonna give him anything he. Wants while he'll even lay marry his. Daughter he'll have his, light he'll be, set he'll be, made he'll be he'll be just be, incredible he'll be, wealthy he'll be, powerful and he'll be part of the royal. Court And david's listening to all this, stuff and he's kind of, going you, know.
Speaker 1: What do you?
Speaker 2: Mean verse twenty six of, Seventeen david ask the men standing near, him what will be done for the man who kills The philistine and removes this disgrace From?
Speaker 1: Israel this is? It twenty SIX. B this is?
Speaker 2: It who is this uncircumcised philistine that he should defy the armies of The Living. God goliath is, saying the army Of. Saul your. Sauls aren't You saul's? Men why don't you send out a? Champion come, on You're saul's. People we're here to Challenge. Saul we challenge. You david had a whole different, perspective not Challenging. Saul he's not Challenging. Israel he's Challenging. God now stop and think about. This IF i belong To, god IF i am his, property which is A CHRISTIAN i should.
Speaker 1: Be i've been.
Speaker 2: Wholly purchased by the blood Of. Jesus the attack is not on. Me the attack is on Who. God we don't ever really you hear.
Speaker 1: It you can say it that the register it doesn't. Click.
Speaker 2: Really and if the attack is On, god And david says this later, on then whose is the?
Speaker 1: Battle come? On tell Me.
Speaker 2: God so we got to figure out how to where we fit in there and keep ourselves out of the way So god can.
Speaker 1: Act. SEE i mess it up all the.
Speaker 2: TIME i, MEAN i walk around with my foot in my. MOUTH i really hop around BECAUSE i can't.
Speaker 1: WALK i, MEAN I i, WILL i, WILL i will get In god's way.
Speaker 2: When i'm Going why DID i do? THAT i say that As i'm doing.
Speaker 1: It, boy this is. Stupid why AM i doing? THAT i Know i'm gonna regret. This see that's a BATTLE i.
Speaker 2: Have but if I'm god's See david's perspective that.
Speaker 1: He should defy the armies of the Living.
Speaker 2: God So david's brother overhears.
Speaker 1: This he goes. In he, said, hey, idiot what are you doing? Here you know punk when you, open don't open your. Mouth why are you? Here you've just come here.
Speaker 2: To middle haven't you you coming to look your? Curiosity you need to be back at. Home get out of, here shoe go, Away give me the. Food get out of, Here daddy's. Boy but some of the men had Overheard david, talking, Like, hey.
Speaker 1: This is this uncircumcised philistine defying the armies of the Living. God so somebody went and Told. Saul, Well saul, goes. Hum so somebody out there really said that.
Speaker 2: He's A, jew he's one of. Ours bring him to. Me so then he goes and get it and Takes. David So, david all of a sudden he finds himself standing in front Of saul, okay And david says in verse thirty, Two david said To, saul let no one lose heart on account of this. Philistine your servant will go and fight.
Speaker 1: Him, Now.
Speaker 2: David is seventeen or eighteen years, old he's still wept behind the. Ears but When david was sixteen years, Old god Sent samuel to his house to anoint him to be king Over. Israel So david knew his. Destiny and this, kid he may have been a, kid he may have been wet behind the, ears but let me tell you. What he was wise enough to keep his mouth shut about. That he was also wise enough in his relationship To god that he was going to walk into the. Circumstances it didn't matter, what because he Knew god had a purpose and a plan for his life and a future for. Him and he got on his. Face he was finding out what it. Was he spent time with The, lord and so he could be confident and, bold and he could make that statement he.
Speaker 1: Makes let me read that. Again david said To, saul let no one lose heart on account of this. Philistine your servant on go out and fight.
Speaker 2: Him, Okay, now this is the first. Point this has to do with the first, point total surrender to the purposes.
Speaker 1: Of God god for your.
Speaker 2: Life what's his plan for? You david was a, shepherd And david.
Speaker 1: Loved. God the word says he was a man After god's own.
Speaker 2: Heart But david fully Accepted god's plan for his. Life and we can, say, hey, well who wouldn't want to be? KING i don't. Know there's a lot of responsibility with. That the whole nation turned on the. King which way did he go the nation? With and they were judged. Accordingly there was a lot of responsibility in. There it's kind of Like, daddy the decisions up to, you what DO i? Do So david rested in this Because david had a relationship With.
Speaker 1: God Seek saul did not.
Speaker 2: Remember the earlier example where they had only one sword and one spear And saul was getting out in front Of god and did what he was told not to do because he.
Speaker 1: Panicked you, know he had no relationship With. God he was out of step With.
Speaker 2: God Now i'm a side note, here just just a query for a question for you to ask. Yourself do you feel out of step With? God if you, Are if you, do, stop.
Speaker 1: Find out where he.
Speaker 2: Is reorient, yourself get in, step build that. Relationship strengthen that. Relationship if it's, weak strengthen. It if it's, nonexistent make.
Speaker 1: One So david is resting in. This he already knew what his future.
Speaker 2: Was, okay and now verse thirty, Three saw, replied you're not able to go out against this philistine and fight.
Speaker 1: Him you're only a young, man and he's.
Speaker 2: Been a warrior from his. Youth listen To david's reply verse thirty. Four But david said To, saul your servant has been keeping his father's.
Speaker 1: Sheep, YEAH i could smell it the.
Speaker 2: Sheeps think when a lion or a bear came and carried off a sheep from the.
Speaker 1: Flock listen to.
Speaker 2: THIS i went after, it struck, it and rescued the sheep from its.
Speaker 1: Mouth, yeah think about that and put it in.
Speaker 2: Context you get a black. Bear they stand about that, high you, know.
Speaker 1: But the paws are. Big if he comes that one of your you gonna chase that thing, down hit, it take the sheep out of his. MOUTH i don't think. So not me.
Speaker 2: Rescue the sheep from its mouth when it turned on. ME i seized it by its, hair struck it and killed it your servant has killed both the lion and the. Bear this uncircumcised philistine will be like one of them because he has defied the armies of The Living. God The lord who rescued me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the, bear will rescue me from the hand of this. Philistine saul said To, David go and The lord be with.
Speaker 1: You the second point is this.
Speaker 2: Future expectations are based on our past. Experience, now what that means is IF i have an experience of walking with The, lord and my relationship is, strong And i'm close to The, Lord i've drawn close to, him my expectation for the future is based on that relationship and What god has done for me in the.
Speaker 1: Past david didn't Fear.
Speaker 2: Goliath why because as a younger, kid, child younger, man he had gone after a lion had running off with the, sheep took the sheep away from it and killed the. Lion the same thing with a. Bear he's not having to, go, Well, king you, KNOW i Know. GOD i Know god's.
Speaker 1: ABLE i know he's. ABLE i don't know if he.
Speaker 2: Will he's not saying THAT i know he's. Able we just got to ask him what his will.
Speaker 1: Is there's none of. That he doesn't, vacillate no doubt in His god because of his.
Speaker 2: Relationship so based on his past, experiences his future expectations are big and.
Speaker 1: Bigger what are your future? Expectations what are? Mine see this thing rest in this relationship Because david could walk in confidence.
Speaker 2: In What god has done in the. Past, see he didn't have to go Get god on his. Side god was there and he knew. It there was a there was a guy that WAS i was went to see at the hospital one. Time this In, louisiana and so he's about to have emergency surgery and the prognosis is not.
Speaker 1: Good this guy was raised in church all his. Life So i'm in there he's fixing that. Surgery i'm there with the family and the doctors come. In i'll, Leave, no you.
Speaker 2: Stay they talk about the surgery, everything we're gonna do.
Speaker 1: It we'll prep. You, now this is.
Speaker 2: Emergency so doctors leave and so he looks at everybody SAYS i want everybody, out but don't and, okay this is. Awkward so everybody goes out and he, Says i'm. Scared pray the prayer of salvation with, mean you got saved when you were. Young, yeah you've been in. Church, yeah you wore a baptip, yeah, yeah. Baptism well, yeah what's?
Speaker 1: Wrong i'm not. SURE i don't have a. Peace he had neglected.
Speaker 2: His relationship with The, lord and now at a point of, crisis he has to stop and try and connect With. God, man that's the wrong long, time, people, right that's the wrong.
Speaker 1: Time he came out of. Surgery, okay but that's the wrong. Time and how many of us in the body Of christ lived that?
Speaker 2: Way we coast based on our past. Experience well we checked that box, Off we're, Gould we're.
Speaker 1: Good we're. Good not.
Speaker 2: Necessarily, See david lived his life in a way that he did not.
Speaker 1: Hesitate but it wasn't.
Speaker 2: Something that was just at that, moment something that rose up in him to do.
Speaker 1: This, no it was his entire life and his. Lifestyle, Daniel.
Speaker 2: Daniel is taken away in captivity and he's over. There remember he's he's, young he's in his, teens and and he makes this. Stand i'm not gonna eat from The king's. Table in other, Words i'm not gonna compromise as. Myself these are unclean.
Speaker 1: Foods this is stuff cooked in an inappropriate way from The jewish, religion from the commandments Of. GOD i refused to compromise, myself and they made a. Stand and you know the.
Speaker 2: Story right after a certain amount of, time they gauged them and they were in better, health, stronger better persona than the people who ate from the king's rations and the way the king. Ate and so but you see at a young age That daniel has made this, stand and the next time he needed to make a, stand it was, easier and the.
Speaker 1: Next time he could do.
Speaker 2: It why because future expectation is based on past. Experience so if my past experience With god is, strong And i've got a good relationship there And i've maintained that relationship, there my future expectation What god is going to do is bold And i'm confident in.
Speaker 1: It but if it's not And i've neglected, that Then i'm not.
Speaker 2: See and then When daniel was an old, man the king issues in need.
Speaker 1: It you only you got to pray to. Me you can't pray to this Other. God don't pray to.
Speaker 2: Him so what the word says Is daniel went to his quarters or his room and opened his windows facing Towards jerusalem and prayed.
Speaker 1: As was his.
Speaker 2: Custom now that some people estimated he's in his nineties at this.
Speaker 1: TIME i don't, know but he's an old.
Speaker 2: Man and so they went to and, said, aha, Gotcha King daniel did. It. Well the king's torn up because he knows he's got to stand by his decree because in those, times the decree of the king could not be, revoked not.
Speaker 1: Even by the king. Himself that was the issue With esther because he had issued a decree to kill all The.
Speaker 2: Jews so Once haymon is, removed she gets the king to issue a second decree that allows The jews to defend. Themselves and so that's the way you could counter. It.
Speaker 1: Man she was, sharp and so the king issued that nobody attacked The jews because The jews they didn't have to take, it they could fight.
Speaker 2: Back, well so this king knows he's got to Allow daniel to be casting the lions then and he goes out the next, Morning, Oh, Daniel daniel was Your god able to deliver. You rest, easy, O. King he sent some angels and close.
Speaker 1: The mouths of the.
Speaker 2: Lions that doesn't just occur because this huge faith rose up in him at that. Moment that occurred because of a lifetime of habits of maintaining a relationship With.
Speaker 1: God see WHAT i mean? Here we need to be developing that in our own lives and in the lives of our. Children these, Things.
Speaker 2: Okay so his future expectations were based on his past. Experience so verse thirty, eight let's look at that thirty eight and thirty. Nine Then saul Dressed david in his own. Tunic he put a coat of armor on him and a bronze helmet on his. Head david fastened on his sword over the tunic and tried walking around because he wasn't used to. Them now he's putting on a grown man's. Armor remember Who saul was taller than anybody else in the, kingdom. Bigger so here you got a seventeen eighteen year old kid that's got this big man stuff on.
Speaker 1: Him can you see? Him he kind of looked like a hobbit trying to.
Speaker 2: Dress and and you, know In strider's armor or.
Speaker 1: Something so he takes him. Off he says he can't use. HIM i can't do. THAT i.
Speaker 2: CAN'T i can't it's too. BIG i can't do. That but let me tell you the significance of that. One and this is the third Point i'll get to that here's significance in. This if he had trusted In, saul the symbolism of Taking saul's, protection Said, GOD i don't need your.
Speaker 1: PROTECTION i got.
Speaker 2: Salt and if you go through the history Of, Israel god is constantly disciplining the nation because they made treaties with the nations and peoples around. Them When judah is in danger of being overrun By, BABYLON i think it Was jeremiah goes to the king and he, says, hey don't make a pact With egypt Against.
Speaker 1: Babylon Accept babylon's. Rule it'll be.
Speaker 2: Okay god will, Say jerusalem if you do, this but if you make a pact With, egypt you're gonna Lose. Jerusalem the kings were constantly, okay wait a, minute A syria is really, big they're really. Bad let's make a pact With egypt so we don't have to do, this or make a pact with this country and that other country against this. Country instead of Saying, god we need your sovereign, protection we need your sovereign direction and blessing on what we're.
Speaker 1: Doing, see that's what constantly one of the things main things that kept them in. Trouble and, See, david it almost does that puts it, on doesn't fit not.
Speaker 2: GOOD i don't want, that you, KNOW i THINK i Think I'm i'm Gonna i'm gonna reject.
Speaker 1: That thank you very. Much NOW i got them out of order, There, carol that's that's That's i'm gonna make this. One number.
Speaker 2: Three separate yourself from the. Unfaithful saul's faith wasn't in The. Lord he gave lip service to. It he wanted to hear From, god so he had to rely on the. Prophet but you know what that relationship, issue it's either With god or. Not and who you draw that relationship with is going to have a major impact on the outcome of what you're. Doing it has a big influence on everything that goes.
Speaker 1: On we don't need to be allied with unfaithful. People New.
Speaker 2: Testament what fellowship does light have with? Darkness don't be unequally. Yoked those are reasons because what happens is it dilutes our relationship with The.
Speaker 1: Lord that's the danger of.
Speaker 2: It it draws us. Away it's what happened With, SAUL i Mean, solomon he had all these wives and and and and they drew his attention from The lord ind he started worshiping with him in There, Gods.
Speaker 1: So withdraw from the.
Speaker 2: Unfaithful listen one of one of my my closest childhood. Friend if you look for me AND i wasn't at, home you could go to his. House that's Where i'd, be and vice. VERSA i, mean we grew up, together went through high school. Together you, know it was like we were always with each. Other and the last TIME i ever did anything with, him we're out on his family's houseboat and we were.
Speaker 1: Fishing we're fishing all, night went out in the, lake.
Speaker 2: And you, know we spend a whole weekend out. There the storm came. Up y'all ever seen the yoyo's when you? Fish you know What i'm talking. About it's a fishing. Apparatus it's spring. Loaded you unreeled the line with a hook and bait on.
Speaker 1: It and it's on a yo. Yo you just hook it to the boat or to a, tree and.
Speaker 2: When a fish bites down on, it, boom the spring lets loose and it reels it. In we set a bunch of those, out and that's how we were. FISHING i was cooking something neat AND i look over at my friend and.
Speaker 1: He's doing three different types of drugs at.
Speaker 2: Once and at this TIME i had really begun to serve The lord again with my. LIFE i had begun to you, KNOW i was in church AND i was a small, group and YOU i was really, walking really making a big effort and walk with The.
Speaker 1: Lord AND i looked over there that night at, him AND i REALIZED i can't fellowship with him. Anymore SO i had to break that.
Speaker 2: Relationship i've only spoken with him one time since. Then that would have been nineteen seventy nine or, eighty and it was at his oldest son's. Funeral with not spoken except that one, time and it was very much just A i'm so, sorry thank.
Speaker 1: You that was.
Speaker 2: It BUT i knew THAT i couldn't stay in relationship there and have a relationship With. God my youngest brother had a job in an environment that he had to, quit a very lucrative, job because he knew that if he stayed in that, environment he couldn't serve The. Lord, see we have to be wise about who we associate.
Speaker 1: With who we are in relationship. With i'm not.
Speaker 2: Talking about not, witnessing, ministering fishing for, people getting in people's, lives not talking about.
Speaker 1: That i'm talking about people that we build a close relationship, with that we build a strong relationship, with that we become friends or close friends, with because that will exercise an influence on our spiritual life and our walk with The.
Speaker 2: Lord, okay So david had to separate himself From, saul and in verse, forty it, says and then he took his staff in his, hand chose five smooth stones from the, stream put them in the pouch of a shepherd's, bag and with his sling in his, hand approached the.
Speaker 1: Philistine this is the fourth. Point go with what is in your? Hand how many times do you.
Speaker 2: Go i'm just waiting For god to get this just to this point and Then i'll do. IT i just Need god to do this one more, thing And i'm.
Speaker 1: Ready how many of you here have ever heard the term lay out a. Fleece you know that's an act of, unbelief that's not an act of.
Speaker 2: Faith What gideon did was he, said, Okay, god you want me to go do?
Speaker 1: That you sure you want me to, go are you? Sure, Okay, God i'll do.
Speaker 2: It, Well but First, God i'm gonna put this fleece out and then uh AND i probably got the order on but uh. Uh so in the Morning i'll come out and the fleece will be wet with dew and the ground all around be, dry and THEN i know what you're.
Speaker 1: Willing i'll do. It so he does. It that's what it. Was how about two out of? Three let's reverse. It that's not, faith.
Speaker 3: That's.
Speaker 2: Unbelief we hesitate why that relationship is not.
Speaker 1: There our past experiences cause us to be concerned about our future, expectations you.
Speaker 2: See and so Now, david, Yeah, KING i can't do, this, man this stuff's too, big too. HEAVY i couldn't you, KNOW i wouldn't Be i'd be exhausted by the TIME i got down the. Hill Now I'm i'm Gonna god's given me WHAT i, Need he's given me EVERYTHING i. Need i'll take. That i'm, Done i'm. Gone i'll see you WHEN i get. Back And he's got All He's god is a. Sling you see the images of this kind of sling shot right there are two big pieces of two long pieces of leather with a little web of something or a piece of leather sown in the middle of, it and they put a stone in it.
Speaker 1: And they sling it like, this and they shoot it from an underhanded throat so that the stones go rising as they go. Away and so this is What david. Does he gets.
Speaker 2: Five, stones gets them in, there and he's gonna go out and confront the uncircumcised.
Speaker 1: Feel este he had enough faith In. GOD i don't need this other.
Speaker 2: Stuff god has already equipped me with EVERYTHING i need to accomplish What he's sending me to.
Speaker 1: Accomplish god does. It that's the way he, Works.
Speaker 2: Folks this thing about WELL i just need this one more, piece or IF i just only had this one more, thing or IF i only just had that doesn't. Work that's not gonna lead you to. Victory what's gonna lead you to victory is going with What god's already put inside of.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 2: Folks he made you and created you with everything inside you that you need to succeed at the purpose and the plan That he has for you in this world in this. Life we just got to figure that out and understand. That separate from the, unfaithful go with what's in your. Hand future expectations are based on past, experience total surrender to the purposes and plans.
Speaker 1: Of god for our.
Speaker 2: Lives, See saul was full of fear and. Unbelief that's why he's sitting back, there and got all his men out, front and, he's you, KNOW i don't know what we're gonna. Do you, KNOW i don't know how we're gonna do.
Speaker 1: This and So, david you, Know david just comes. Up, Now i'll do.
Speaker 2: This and so he grabs, that he grabs that stone of, stones and he goes out to face The. Philistine, meanwhile verse forty, one The, philistine with a shield bear in front of, him kept coming closer To. David he Looked david over and saw that he was little more than a, boy glowing with health and, handsome and he despised. Him he said To, david AM i a dog that.
Speaker 1: You come at me with? Sticks and The philistine Cursed david by his.
Speaker 2: Gods come, Here i'll give your flesh to the birds and to the wild. Animals david said to The, philistine you come against me with sword and spear and, Javelin BUT i come against you in the name of The Lord, almighty The god of the armies Of, israel whom you have. Defied this, day The lord will deliver you into my, hands And i'll strike you down and cut off your. Head this very, Day i'll give the carcasses of The philistine army of the birds into the wild, animals and the whole world will know that there is A god In. Israel all those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that The lord. Says for the battle is The, lord's and he will give all of you into our. Hands because of the, relationship because he understood that the attack was really Against, god he could stand there and say, that because it's The lord's. Battle you poor bless your, heart you didn't even know.
Speaker 1: It you're so.
Speaker 2: Stupid you're Attacking god and you think you're just attacking.
Speaker 1: Us oh you.
Speaker 2: Feelistines aren't too, bright are. You he's out there. Alone it looks like. It think about the optics of that nine feet nine inches, tall nine feet nine inches, tall seventeen eighteen year old.
Speaker 1: Kid that doesn't look. Good that poor kid's out there by.
Speaker 2: Himself, no he's. Not he's standing alone With. God he's not by. Himself god's, there.
Speaker 1: And he knew it why past, experience why because of his, relationship and so we know the.
Speaker 2: Story but it's just too good just to Tell let, Me i'm gonna do this.
Speaker 1: Real quickly verse forty.
Speaker 2: Eight as The philistine moved closer to, Attacking david ran quickly toward the battle line the, meeting reaching into his bag and taking out a. Stone he slung it and struck The philistine on the. FOREHEAD i hear the stone sank into his forehead and he fell face down on the. Ground So david triumphed over The philistine with a sling and a, stone without a sword in his. Hand he struck down The philistine and killed. Him david ran and stood over. Him he took hold of The philistine's sword drew it from the. Sheet it must have been all he could. Do after he killed, him he cut off his.
Speaker 1: Head with the.
Speaker 2: Sword when The philistines saw that the hero was, dead they turned and.
Speaker 1: Ran now what's this? Then and this just like?
Speaker 2: It then the men Of israel And judah surged forward with a shout and pursued The philistines to the entrance Of.
Speaker 1: Gath and to the gates Of. Akron they're.
Speaker 2: Dead were strewn along The shahan road To gath In. Akron when The israelites returned from chasing The, philistines they plundered their. Camp so everything That david said is what. Happened those those.
Speaker 1: Five points are, important but they all rest in the.
Speaker 2: Fact that we have a relationship With god and we need To we need to guard.
Speaker 1: That that's so. Precious we need to guard our relationship we. Got it should be our first.
Speaker 2: Priority in the. Morning i'll be, HONEST i get up in the. MORNING i don't do so. GOOD i used to be able to say to have had four cups of. COFFEE i couldn't even. SMILE i don't drink coffee. Anymore so that's WHY i get to the. Office mark looks at, Me, hey how are we all?
Speaker 1: Right But i'll tell you.
Speaker 2: This AND i don't mean to embarrass, anybody But i'll be upstairs AND i get my cup of, decaf a little bit of. CREAM i hate drinking fake, coffee but you, know somehow something hot and it kind of tastes similar to coffee in the.
Speaker 1: Mornings, okay.
Speaker 2: You stumble around up there and get my fake. Coffee turn On Fox. News perry gets up and you hear praise and worship music coming.
Speaker 1: On hear it coming up from. Downstairs, MAN i ought to be doing that Some. NOW i go out on that AND i start. Praying if the weather's nice, Enough, mara go out on the front.
Speaker 2: Porch so if you happen to see me on the front porch in the, morning if you're driving down WTL, o you'll know What i'm.
Speaker 1: Doing, Okay, FATHER i need a good day. Today i'll wake up in a little. Bit, Really i'm, sorry But i'm getting. There but that relationship is so.
Speaker 2: Critical If i'm not, CAREFUL i will neglect. It and my wife and my children depend on me to not neglect. It insomuch as WHAT i do here at victory IT i have a. STEWARDSHIP i cannot afford to neglect. It if it's, NEGLECTED i can't, be as The bible instructs, me instant in season and out of.
Speaker 1: SEASON i have to maintain and guard and cherish that relationship SO i can be instant in season and out of. Season SO i don't have to, Go, oh that's a tough. ONE i, go, Oh, Man god's got to really work on that. One, NO i can. Go, okay that's what we'll do In jesus'.
Speaker 2: Name so these these are the, things and and your family depends on. You and and believe it or, not the people around you are blessed when you guard and maintain your relationship with The lord because you're. There your presence brings a blessing with. It israel was saved not because of her king or her. Army israel was saved because of the relationship that a shepherd had With God. Almighty as don't underestimate yourself.
Speaker 1: And who you are In.
Speaker 2: God david had that relationship and he guarded it and he cherished. It we need to guard and cherish. Ours we need some of us need to compeld one because we don't have. One some of us need to take ours and dust it off and clean it, up you, know kind of shine it up a little, bit.
Speaker 1: Because let me tell, you.
Speaker 2: Are going to encounter encounter moments like. That they are going to come times in your life where it's not Like.
Speaker 3: God preachers you, said you, know it'd be victory all the time and be you, KNOW i have prosperity AND i give, them and you know i'd BE i have, healing and you know, what they're gonna come times in your life where all that's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Challenged and if.
Speaker 2: You're coasting along on A sunday morning message in A wednesday night, class let me tell you you're set up to be a great. Victim so we need to dust off our, relationships personal relationship with The, lord and we need to polish them up and we need to strengthen.
Speaker 1: Them, amen everybody stand. Up, Please i'm gonna pray with you if you. Need if you still need, prayer you want.
Speaker 2: Prayer when we're finished, praying there's some of us will be here at the. Front you feel free to come up here and we'll pray with. You BUT i want to pray a prayer for over all of us right. Now, father forgive us for neglecting our relationship with.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 2: Father forgive me for depending in my own abilities and my own. Intelligence forgive, Me father for depending on The council Of men and relying on other, people and WHEN i should have been relying on, YOU.
Speaker 1: I have.
Speaker 2: Sinned forgive, Me. Father that's my prayer as well for everyone in this, room in this place, Today Holy, spirit let them sense your presence and your love let them sense your desire for a, deep strong, relationship a love affair with each one of. Them father, says we build and look toward the. Future we begin to build right now our experiences of, trust of, faith of. Love, father that we build those experiences of of, rescue of, provision of, faithfulness so that we as we look to the, future our futures not. Bleak our futures not in. Question our future is not, vague but our future is, strong it's, bright and it's.
Speaker 1: Certain give wisdom to every parent here.
Speaker 2: As they make decisions where their children are, concerned as they make decisions in their, home because each one of those has an impact on their.
Speaker 1: Children let us be good stewards of our. Children, Father.
Speaker 2: Ask your blessings on everyone in, here in their in their, jobs and in their, marriagees and in their. Families that they're blessed going in and coming, out that they're that that they're blessed in the feel and blessed in the. Home, father that they're the and not the. Tale that they'll lend and not. Borrow, father that they'll lay hands on the sick and they'll be. Healed that they'll cast out, Demons, father that they'll be mighty testimonies in their lives and witnesses for, you, strong, mighty powerful men and women Of god In jesus's, Name.
Speaker 1: Amen thank you.
Speaker 2: Guys don't forget WHY Totoe, Wednesday National day Of Prayer. Thursday thank you for.
Speaker 1: Listening we hope that you enjoy today's.
Speaker 3: Episode don't forget to share and subscribe to this podcast for.
Speaker 1: More god bless you.
Speaker 3: All