Speaker 1: Five O five.
Speaker 2: I think you about KRC the talk stations Happy Friday. It is putting an exclamation point on the fact that it is Friday. Thank you Joe Strecker for the exclamation point. Brian Thomas right here, glad to be. I hope you're having a wonderful morning, and I hope you have a wonderful day and weekend. Get that out of the way and talk about what's coming up. Well, this is Friday, meaning tech Friday with Dave hatter As. The Biden administration says it won't enforce the TikTok man Republicans and Democrats are scrambling to figure out a way to keep TikTok around. Why, Well, it's like the comment of me the other day about menthol six when the FDA was talking about banning menthol. The Democrats found out that there are a lot of people who usually vote for Democrats, namely black folks. They like mental cigarettes in a large majority of the black smokers lean menthol. So you don't do that because you really piss people off and you might lose votes. Well, there's a lot of people on TikTok, and a whole lot of people of both political stripes are on TikTok and are elected officials. In spite of the fact that they passed the law banning TikTok and Joe Biden cided it into law, they're now trying to figure out in spite of the fact that there is no current buyer out there, they're trying to figure out a way to keep TikTok alive and not anger their constituents. Well tech fridays they've had it will tell you every week, don't get on TikTok, stay off it. It's just soaking up all of your data. That's the point, helping out the Chinese Communist Party and its nefarious goals. Anyway, today Apple to pay a settlement over claims Siri was eavesdropping on you. Understanding the way those things work, I don't know how that could be a shock to anybody that there was eavesdropping. Anyway, Brad Pitt accused of scamming a woman out of money. Apparently someone pretending to be using I suppose artificial intelligence or something. Brad Pitt actually did scam some woman out of hundreds of thousands of dollars. A heartbreaking story. So we'll find out how that happened and how you can avoid it from happening, which is the ultimate point of talking about something like that. And meet your new one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars artificial intelligence girlfriend whatever, Jared not. Jared is an author. He'll join the program at seven forty with a book Tiny Blunders, Big Disasters. This is book two, kind of. I think it's a lighthearted look at it's thirty nine tiny mistakes that changed the world forever. We've talked with Jared in the past and it's usually a pretty funny conversation about how the tiniest little thing can result in the most tremendous influences on history, like wars being lost because someone dropped a helmet, the things of that nature. So we had them on for book one. We've got to get this new book. That'll happen at seven point forty. Doctor Charles Camarada with the book Mission out of Control. He'll be on at eighth five to talk about that book. Astronaut doctor Charles Camarata uncovered a recurring cause of accidents that no one has articulated yet. Lots of research. Culture that places a premium on learning and the quest for knowledge and what that means shows how to develop high performing teams and networks, such as research teams to solve anomalies rapidly, which can help prevent catastrophes in complex, high risk, high reliability organizations mission out of control astronaut research Engineer inventor. He'll be on at eight oh five to talk about the details in that book, a popy of which you'd be able to get at fifty five KRC dot com. Speaking of catastrophes and concerns and dangers. Lots of police officers are going to be in Washington, d C. For the inauguration. Kind of frightening stuff. I think it was Epoch Times where I found this information. But US national security agencies are warning that the inauguration will be, in their words, an attractive potential target for violent extremists. They don't have any specific credible threats threats, but they're really geared up for this because of all the chatter online and all the prior threats that have manifested themselves, like the attempted assassination A couple of attempted assassinations of Donald Trump, said potential perpetrators, particularly those with election related grievances. Hmm, I wonder what that means. I might see this swearing in as their last opportunity to influence election results through violence. That's in the statement. Group of Intelligence and Law Enforcement Agencies wrote in a threat assessment. That threat assessment hasn't been made public, but Politico got a copy of it. Sorry, that's where I got this. Francis chung at Politico was able to look at that. They leaked it. I suppose they say the concerns reflect a heightened potential, potentially violent environment in which Trump will assume power. Law enforcement beefing up security efforts. Get a load of this. Police from all over the country going to be in DC City Police Department reinforced with four thousand officers, Police Chief Pamela Smith said apt press conference earlier this week, in addition to one thousand officers supporting Capitol Police. In total, there will be approximately twenty five thousand law enforcement and military personnel site on site to secure the inauguration. According to Special Agent in charge for the Secret Service Washington Field Office, Matt McCool, He said that on Monday to press conference, so they've been on heightened alert since the assassination attempts. The threat Assessment, compiled by the FBI, Secret Capital Police, Washington DC Government and Supreme Courts Police Department, laid out a whole bunch of scenarios of the types of people who could make it to the rally. Foreign terrorists, domestic extremists, loan wolves can initiate bomb hoaxes. Previously alerted to us by FBI Director Ray Outgoing, he is about lone wolves, individuals with no online presence, and even if they were monitoring online presence real time, which they can't considering the amount of data they gather up. Listen to my conversation with Judge and Poltana from earlier this week. Anyway they can initiate bob hoaxes, swatting calls, drone flights, vehicle ranning attacks. Just you could just use your imagination and probably come up with a book of potential potential threats or potential options that these crazy people would have to inflict some sort of damage or pain or maybe murder. They talked about Iran, which has already out loud, said they want to kill Trump because of well the killing of General I'm solo money. The threat assessment said that seven hundred thousand users on the social media app Telegram threatened to assassinate Trump the day after the election day. Jeez, that was a responsible video posted by media media entity aligned with the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Group. Now, obviously you have to take that with a grain of salt. Did seven hundred thousand users really get influenced by the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Group? Of course that figure could have been blown up by artificial intelligence and bock farms. But there it is right there for all to read. Who are well looking out for the safety and security the president, for the inauguration and elsewhere, they say. Law enforcement officials also worried that protests surrounding the inauguration could turn tumultuous. A bunch of groups have applied for demonstration permits, including some groups that previously arrange protests that ended in arrest. Threat assessments said pass protests by some of these individuals have involved traffic blockades, trespassing, property destruction, and resisting arrest. ANTIPA much document elson other protests related to the conflict in gods. They have disrupted Capitol Hill with little warning hmm, and that that situation might inspire extremists here in our country, many of whom may have come over the southern border without any vetting process. AH former counter terrorism official who helped with security planning for Joe Biden's inauguration, a guy named John Cohen, so that these events face. This year's event faces more threats than Biden's in spite of the fact that the swear again came right after the riots in Capitol Hill. Even know of that as someone who was involved in the planning for the last inauguration, the threat environment was dangerous. As I sit here today, based on the work I've been doing with law enforcement for the past four years, the threat environment today is even more volatile and more dangerous than it was in twenty twenty one, pointing to the assassination attempts, recent threats of the Capitol broadening social attitudes that violence and destruction are acceptable ways to express political views. Yep, no doubt about that. So fingers crossed. I personally, you know, it's like me Or's eve on Times Square. That's like the last place I'd want to be. I mean, first off, have you ever see an overhead shot in the yars on Times Square? Where do people go to the bathroom? Just a practical question. That's just the idea that there's a million people standing around. How many law enforcement officers are standing around, not enough ratio wise to adequately protect each and every individual that's milling around on Times Square. Same thing at the inauguration. Have no figures, and I haven't seen any estimates on the number of people that are planning on going to Washington, DC for the inauguration. But that's another one of those events. I just don't think i'd like to be there. Keep my head down anyhow. It's okay, though. The FBI closed its DEI office in December, so they no longer have an office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion getting ahead of the Trump administration. They didn't say why they closed the office, but earlier this month, Senator Marshall Blackburn sent a letter to the FBI director Christopher Ray, claiming that the radical DEI practices had endangered Americas following the year's day a terrorist attack in New Orleans, claiming deconcerned that the bureau has prioritized diversity equity inclusion over its core mission of protecting the American people YEP. One former Special Agent Nicole Parker, speaking with Fox News pointed out that Director Ray made it clear that threats acrossing against the nation are at all time high. Yes, I even read the notice from Director Ray flashing red lights. He said in his congressional testimony. There's no time for clubs, groups, or social agendas that divert time, attention, and resources away from the mission of the FBI to protect the American people. Nicole Parker said, pointing out DEI is a dangerous distraction. I have no issue in celebrating whatever you would like regarding your heritage or gender or religion, but that should be done on your own time and not with the US taxpayer dollars. While on official bureau times. Somebody put exclamation points after that. I wonder who did point it out. Also, the FPI needs to folks on hiring the best and brightest solely on meritocracy. Ah, I welcome change of pace from the last four years and then the whole entire term of the Obama administration. Let's focus on merit and then this is something I thought was bizarre talk about what the FBI is focusing on.
Speaker 3: This.
Speaker 2: Former FBI Special Agent Nicole Parker said that there are numerous other groups aside from the DEI Office within the FBI, Ready, the American, Indian and Alaskan Native Advisory Committee, the Asian Pacific American Advisory Committee, Black Affairs Diversity Committee, Bureau of Equality, Hispanic Advisory Board, Near and Middle East Advisory Committee, Persons with Disability Advisory Committee, Veterans of Fair Advisory Committee, and the Women's Advisory Committee. Huh note the breaking down of people by individual and sometimes minor classifications. What the hell anyway, Chelsea said. The Bureau is numerous resource groups, including Blacks and Government, FBI, African American Millennials, FBI Family, FBI Jewish Americans, FBI Latinas for Empowerment, Advancement and Development, FBI PRIDE, Federal Asian Pacific American Council, Federal the Employed Women and From Boots to Suits, and the Toastmasters Club. The DEI office was created in twenty twelve during the Obama administration. Parenthetically speaking, so, I don't know if the closing of the DEI office the FBI was timed well given all the resources and time and effort and training classes and everything else they've been focusing on within the FBI, rather than, as the former agent noted, focusing on fighting crimes stick arounds five eighteen right now fifty five kirs to detalk station five one three seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eight two three talk TWN five fifty on AT and T phones.
Speaker 1: I'll be right back.
Speaker 2: This is what's happening. The wings are back. We are so refreshing five point two. I thinky five cares that we talked intation.
Speaker 3: Friday.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe we'll bring some sanity in the SNAP program. Representative of Josh Breaching is pushing the Healthy SNAP Act, which has the effect of barring junk food from being eligible for purchase under these supplemental nutritional Assistance program SNAP. I think this is a wonderful development. I don't I have never ever understood. You know, I worked at a grocery store. My first job was at IgA as a stock boy, and the first time I ever saw it used to be food stamps, physical food stamps was our worked at Findlay Market. But I watched is people would buy, you know, really really crappy, crappy food, you know, and you're paying for that as a taxpayer. And I thought, you know, this is a simple way of sort of bringing a more nutritional reality of folks that are on life's margins in the SNAP program, but why should you be paying for candy bars and soft drinks. President Trump is given a mandate by the majority of Americans to make America healthy again, and those in his administration like RFK Junior and Senator Marco Rubia have directly advocated for eliminating junk food purchases with SNAP, says Josh reaching from Oklahoma. Someone wants to buy junk food on their own dime, that is up to them, he said, But what we're saying is, don't ask the taxpayer to pay for it and then also expect the taxpayer to pick up the tab for the resulting health consequences. So it would bar the use of food stamps to buy soft drinks, candy, ice cream, prepared desserts like cakes, pies, cookies, and similar products. According to the legislation that's been circulated. I find no problem with that, he said. His bill. In addition to the obvious health improvements, this bill will also result in significant savings and taxpayer funds for such programs. Programs is Medicaid, where approximately one in four Americans are currently enrolled. You said, federally funded healthcare for obesity and obesia related diseases has reached four hundred billion dollars annually. That's according to the Senate Joint Economic Committee report from twenty twenty three. We can't afford to go down this road any longer as a nation. Yes, obesity is one element of problem, and it also is linked to cancer. And I saw this terrible statistics. You know me, cancer sucks, and it's wonderful. Mortality rates for cancer have dropped thirty four percent since nineteen ninety one. However, it's reported cancer rates in women younger than fifty are now eighty two percent higher than men in that age category, which is a fifty one percent increase since two thousand and two. That's frightening. Now, that's just diagnosed. It's not mortality which has declined because the treatments are better and people are being better about, you know, getting ahead of things and looking out for cancer and trying to detect it and paying attention to issues with their own bodies. And the gain accord of the reporting increase in cancer rates among women in certain ethnic groups maybe due to obesity, genetics, and environmental factors. Going back to my point on obesity. There is a direct corollary between likelihood of getting cancer and obesity. So maybe the SNAP nutrition improvements, just by way of denying people the ability to buy well soft drinks with food with SNAP may go a step in the right direction. It's for your own good. Well, you can't take that away from me. Why not you accept federal dollars with strings attached? And if the public general public at large is expected to pay everybody else's medical claims, medical claims that derive from bad behavior that could be avoided, then this is a step in the right direction. That's my take. Go it yway five twenty six, fifty five Krcity Talk station. You got some local stores. I'd prefer hearing from you if you want to give me a call though, either way, we go be back in a minute.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Nine. First, the forecasts got mostly sunny day ants thirty nine for the high, down to thirty three overnight with rain moving in and maybe a wintery mix of times. Tomorrow, rain moves out a back noontime they say, be cloudy after that. Forty two for the high, overnight low at twenty one, clouds and early clouds Saturday clearing out later in the day. We'll see how I have twenty five degrees and some additional cold air showing up a few days after that, twenty six degrees. Right now for give out PARCD talk station. It is five thirty here at fifty five kr CD talk station five one, three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two three talk found five fifty on an AT and T phone at d D yes Mike Wilburt, my submarine friend cribbage. Mike. He says, So, if you're a gay African American woman who is a veteran at the FBI, that's a lot of meetings you would be attending. Yes, I'm trying to find this bad guy. No, no, no, we have a mandatory meeting. You fit one of the one of the the checkpoints, so you must be there. Anyhow, three people shot Colrane Township and two have died. According to the spokesperson for the township, there are two There were two active scenes. Police are investigating outside the Walgreens and Popeyes, which are on either sides of Coleraine Avenue. Third shooting victim, the one that didn't die, taking a UC medical center in critical condition. Spokesperson said the two people died were near the Popeyes, while the person taken to the hospital was the one at the Walgreens across the street. Police flock some of the parking lots and businesses near Coleraine Avenue in Springdale Road during the initial investigation. Scene since been cleared. Coring Police said although officers are no longer investigating the scenes, the Popeyes, Duncan Donuts, and Shell gas station locations will remain closed for the rest Well remained closed for yesterday afternoon, so the rest of the evening, so I guess they were shut down all day yesterday. Please haven't provided any information on a possible suspect of the township. Spokesperson said. Investigators believe the shooting was targeted. Is that near you, Joe, Yes, jeez. Have you noticed a deterioration in the neighborhood over the last decade or so? A little bit?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Well, Donald Trump was expected to They always say mass deportation, and I'm I don't like that mass deportation because this is not feasible selective deportation. I will embrace and they're going to start with the criminal element. We all know that has been widely circulated and talked about. It's one of the things that won Trump the presidency. How's a pervall gonna treat that? Sharon Kolech from The enquire reporting he is an Asian, noted by Sharon like if this is important, speaking of checking the boxes, first Asian American mayor of Cincinnati, also first person of a person of Tibetan heritage to be elected to a prominent political office in the United States. Parents came to America nineteen eighty from New Delhi, India. So he's legal immigrant, but he understands immigration.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like so many of our other friends, Orlando Sonza, for example. And since no one is quite certain what Trump's immigration policy is gonna look like when it unfolds, perval pledged the city of Cincinnati will follow Trump's administrative directors no matter what they are quote from have to parvoll. If the President of the United States, backed by the Senate and House arrest representatives, wants to do something as it relates to immigration, then they're going to do it. And there's no mayor in the country, particularly a mayor of a blue city in a row that state that's going to be able to do anything about it. Close. Quote, well, I think it's kind of refreshing. At least acknowledges his hands are tied legally, that these can't do anything about immigration policy. The cooperation should be as close as it was with the Biden administration. He said, Look, I'm a Democrat. I disagree with a lot of what President Trump's administration has said, but that they will I said that they will prioritize and how they will govern. But it isn't about me as a person. This is about me as a mayor and how to strike relationships and partnerships with everybody. Just skeptical and partnerships with everybody in order to put the city in the best possible position moving forward. And that includes not picking political fights that we know we're going to lose. What's more important to me is to have strong, productive relationship with the Trump administration whatever. Well, it sounds like Aftab got the memo. One of the reasons Trump won was because of his tough stance on immigration bah and he knows the voters of this within the city of Cincinnati, those over whom he lords also feel that way. He said. As mayor, I was sworn into the Constitution and the Charter, and it's my job to also uphold the law and to effectuate laws that have been passed. So it's a tough position for sure. I know mayors don't pass laws job, but they do have to follow them. Hey, at least he's paying lip service to the notion that he's not going to try to buck the system. There are other mayors in other cities who have said, hell, no, over my dead body, we're not going to help Trump do anything. We're not going to lift the finger, and in fact engage in measures to prevent the Trump administration from carrying out its objectives with regard to deportation California, notably five point thirty five right now, if you have Kseu Steckstu coming up, and it is Friday, so you know what that means. I'll be right back fifty five the talk station. The new year means new health goals, not just for your body, but well it is five forty on a Friday, so yeah, of course, five one, three, eight hundred and eighty two to three. Takos Town five fifty. If you have an AT and T phone, love to talk to you. If you got something to talk about meanwhile, Wow, Friday stacking stupid naked people, you can always count on that, Thank you, Joe Strecker. We have a woman arrested for after doing a nude photo shoot on a popular seaside sculpture in Mexico, Olga Lorera. There's videos video of this. Of course, there is seen video footage stepping on the base of the La Perila sculpture in the city of La Pause Saturday and then taking off her clothes as a photographer started taking pictures. The thirty year old then hurled her dress at the photographer and climbed on top of the monument, which is described as resembling a pearl sitting in an open clam. I can't believe you didn't use phrasing on that one. She posed in the sculptures. Traffic along the two lane avenue next to the boardwalk slowed and bystanders stared on the scene in shock. Then signaled to the photographer to hand her the dress and climb down. She was approached by a police and she was placed under arrest taking a local prosecutor's office, released after paying a fine of three and sixty five pesos, which apparently the current exchange rate translates to one and sixty three dollars. She then posted the photoshoot pictures on Facebook before then deleting them the nudest model Critical authorities, Why is the human body censored but not violence? Okay, you go ahead and run with that one. Critical authorities for not for not granting her the right to express herself. Guess who is arrested for simply existing? She wrote, why is the human body's censor but not violence? Nudity is not offensive, It's natural. Let's stop the shaming, reclaim our freedom and normalize what is human.
Speaker 4: I don't make the rules, ma'am. I just think them up and write them down.
Speaker 2: Yes, society's rules. Mobile, Alabama Police responded to a call where and we're confronted by a nude guy who became combative with officers, according to release for the Mobile Police Department. As tradition, twelve thirty in the morning, five thousand block of Druid to Drive, the police said, officers responding to a domestic dispute, we're confronted by a man wearing nothing. After determining that the man, identified as sixty year old Patrick Petaway was the aggressor in the incident, they tried to detain him, but he resisted and tussled with them, according to police, ultimately arrested on charge of a third degree domestic violence, resisting arrest, and failure to obey law enforcement. Nothing about as a tradition charges relating to his public nunity. How hard is it? Michigan, Berlin Township. Jeremy Johndre watching Monday night football at his home when all of a sudden he had an unwanted and completely naked visitor. What speak good news? Crazy weird, like never in a million years, what I think that would happen to my little dead end street here. I was enjoying the football game and I heard I heard the back door open in the dog bark, and a naked man came around the corner and sat in the chair. He called for his wife to call dial nine one one, but they'd already been called. Please said the man took off, But apparently this is the backstory. Please said. The man took off his clothes at the nearby Mier distribution center, then crossed Swan Creek Road, ran through a field barefoot into Jendre's backyard. Why are you doing that? Jondra said, in fact, we have to mop up all of our floors because there was blood from his feet bleeding on our floors. When we got done, do what the hell? An answer to my own question there, Joe, thank you for the sound bite. He said. The suspect was relatively calm and did give a reason why he went inside the home. Quote he was looking for the twelve women of color he was promised close quotes.
Speaker 4: That's this tradition.
Speaker 2: Local Fox News. What does that mean, Jondre, I have no idea. Sheriffs arrived and after a little struggle, arrest of the naked guy, thirty thirty four year old man from New York. Jondre said they got him finally locked up with cuffs and put him in a car. Luckily no injuries. Naked guy remains in jail, penning an arraignment on multiple charts, including a home invasion and here you go indecent exposure. Jondras said, you want to feel bad, but at the same time, it's hard to phrasing. That was a stretch five forty five fifty five K see talk station. You got a few more stupid stories to dive into. Alternatively, you can call regardless. I'll be back in a minute.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five karc an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 4: Run a business and not thinking about podcasting.
Speaker 2: Think again by forty nine on a Friday, A happy one to you Tech Part of the day hat or at six thirty every Friday at six thirty, looking forward to that. Oh and the doctor who wrote the book about fighting against the COVID vaccine heat. Where was it California, Joe or Central Time? Oh? He was under the mistaken impression that we here instance, I were on Central Time. That's why he wasn't around to have the conversation when Joe tried to reach him, so and he went, maybe we'll endeavor to get him back on the program. I was really interested in talking with him about that book. Return of the Stack of Stuke Stupid. What is described as a shocking incident. You draw your own conclusions on that subjective conclusion. A homeless man shot himself in the head. Rather, it says hopeless man shot himself in the hat after he was caught naked from the waist down in his car as he approached the coffee shop in Arizona.
Speaker 4: Do what the hell.
Speaker 2: Man identified as nauted him alone, apparently leading up to the death began last Wednesday, when he arrived half naked in the drive through with the Bikini Beans coffee shop. Court to police. Man approached the staff, who noticed that he had his pants pulled down while taking his order to the employee, reported the tour manager, and the man pulled a at the drive through window, still naked. Manager allegedly had already taken out her phone and recorded the man, who was in fact pleasuring himself in the car. That video then posted on social media, gaining a lot of views when it went viral. Many in the Internet commented on the inappropriate behavior of touching him himself in front of the manager. According to the Maricopa County Medical Examiner, Malone drove himself to the city of Goodyear, Arizona, and then committed suicide, shooting himself in the head on January eleventh.
Speaker 4: Dear what the hell.
Speaker 2: Staff said. On the night of Malone's death, his family members reached out to the coffee shop more aggressive. Malone had killed himself over the incident, as told by the police. Ben Lyles, owner of the Bikini Beans coffee told TMZ, who was reporting on this, our thoughts and prayers with the family of the individuals involved during this difficult time. This was an unfortunate and tragic situation. As a company, the safety of our employees is our top priority. In this case that we became chose to commit a crime at one of our locations. We take incidents like this very seriously and remain committed to protecting our team and maintaining a safe and respectful environment. I guess she was that embarrassed. Don't do that and the staka don't do that. Philadelphia, where a New Jersey fifth grade teachers accused of sexually assaulting a student over a four year span. In investigators alleged she had the boy's child do what the hell? Thirty four year old Laura Corone of Cape May Courthouse, New Jersey, charged with aggravated sexual assault, sexual assaultant, engaging in the well, and endangering the welfare of a child. She was the fifth grade teacher of Middle Township Elementary School accused of engaging in sexual relationship with one of her students, again fifth grade teacher. Investigators said the sexual abuse began in twenty sixteen, when the student was around eleven years old. Student was living at Crone's home with his siblings at the time, and at times would wake up in her bed. She continued to sexually assault the student until twenty twenty, when the victim was fourteen or fifteen. Investigators into the sexual abuse began in December after the alleged victim's father posted on Facebook that Corone's five year old child looked similar to him and his son. In a text message called the victim admitted to family members that he is the child's father. Criminal complaint said I'm sorry, I thought this was a female Laura Corone anyway. January fifth, twenty twenty five, Kate May County Prosecutor's Office, Mobile Township Police and the Special Victims Unit took Coron into custody without incident. They again, it is a woman, executed a search horn on her home. I guess they had a wrong pronoun there, at least it didn't say gee. Middle Township School District notified the investigation and currently cooperating with law enforcement.
Speaker 1: JEU.
Speaker 6: The biggest douche of the universe, in all the galaxies, there's no bigger douche than you.
Speaker 2: Well, you've reached the top, the pinnacle.
Speaker 6: Of douche dom. Good going due.
Speaker 2: Your dreams have come true, sharing the award. Forty year old Elizabeth Dunlap Dubuke. Hempstead High School employee Elizabeth Dunlap facing multiple charges after investigators said she sent nude photos to a student and sexually exploited the student. Charged with purchase possession, depiction of a miner, and a sexual act, sexual exploitation by a school employee in telephone dissemination of obscene material to a minor. Complaints said that the Buke Sheriff's Office started investigating Dunlap for sexual exploitation by a school employee November of twenty four after Hempstead High School students reported she was involved in a sexual relationship with his student. That's gonna said, done Lap and the student communicated between the September of twenty twenty four November of twenty four. During that time, she sent multiple nude photos to the student using Snapchat, and the student sent nude photos back to Dunlap. That's going to say. Dunlop would pick up the student from his home, drive to another location where they would hang out in the back of her mini van. Student admitted to investigators he had sex with Dunlap on November fourteenth. Wow, and let me assure you, unlike so many of these these teachers that get caught engage in these twisted and perverted actions, you look at them and you're like, what is a really pretty young lady? Not the case with miss Dunlap, and I know subjectivities. Yeah, uh huh, that would have been easy and easy decision. Don't go away. Coming up off top of the our news gut lot's talk about. But it is Tech Friday, So at six point thirty, Dave had a return to the program to give us some sound advice.
Speaker 7: So stick around counting down Hello as we welcome back President Trump.
Speaker 8: For the next four years are just gonna be incredible.
Speaker 7: Fifty five kr met they talk station and hope you have a great weekend.
Speaker 2: Looking forward to bottom of hours I always do every Friday, six thirty Tech Friday with Dave Hanner. Apple had to pay a settlement over Siri eavesdropping on you. Brad Pitt accused of scamming a woman out of money. No, it wasn't Brad Pitt. Artificial intelligence Brad Pitt. I guess I read the facts of that one, and we're going to talk about it in detail with Dave but if you've got an out of the blue text message from someone purporting to be Brad Pitt, or in this particular case, it started out with someone purporting to be Brad Pitt's mom, would you take it seriously? I would like to think the answer anybody in my listening audiences is absolutely no. Who would fall for that anyway? Plus, meet your new one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars artificial intelligence girlfriend robot girlfriend. I guess desperate times call for desperate measures. Jared now with the book Tiny Blunders, Big Disasters. This is book too. We've had Jared on the program before, just wild, true stories about little things that happened that cause you know, epic well changes in the world forever into the Roman Empire. The fall of Constantinople in fourteen fifty three came about because someone forgot to close and lock a major gate. You remember that one from the first one. I believe anyhow, he'll be on at seven forty to talk about that new book. They're fun and I do believe, and I always use this term, you know, in a positive light. You're like a bathroom book where you can just sort of pick it up and read one and then put it back down again. So that's the type of book it is. I believe Jaredill come on talk about seven forty doctor Charles Camarda with a book mission out of control. Doctor Charles Camarda is an astronaut, or was anyway, so he's uncovered. I guess the system to deal with well accidents, loss of a research culture that places a premium on learning and the quest for knowledge and what that means. So rather interesting. It's kind of a cryptic description of the book on Amazon as well, so we'll all find out together at eight oh five with doctor Charles Kamara. You can feel free to call five one, three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three taco with pound five fifty on AT and T funds. And why wasn't this done sooner? Since it is Tech Friday. Joe Biden just got done signing an executive or to strengthen the United States cybersecurity capabilities. This after a long series of reported incidents of the Chinese Communist Party and other foreign actors hacking into our system. So why wouldn't this done earlier? The January sixteenth ordered, Wow, just a moment in time ago at the very end of his presidency, now mandates new security requirements for software used by government entities and contractors, establishes a national certification program for secure technology, and lowers the threshold required for imposing tariffs on malicious cyber actors. Oh tariffs, huh, I thought the Democrats didn't like those. White House fact sheet that was shared said the order will serve to counter malicious countries and criminals while also propelling the United States to adopt the type of security first practices that are already required by many other nations. Behind the eight ball on security, folks, the United States stands alone among other major economies and lacking secure privacy preserving digital identity infrastructure, leaving Americans exposed to a wave of cybercrime. That's the court to the fact sheet. They have new requirements for software providers who work with government in this well executive order. Executive Order identifies minimum industry cybersecurity standards and practices required for all companies doing business with the federal government and requires the government software vendors to provide evidence that their products were developed using secure practices. Yeah, Dave talks about all the time. You know, most software was developed with the idea of fulfilling some sort of task or purpose. Security last thing on the list when the software is being developed, so maybe this will help prioritize security and put it at the forefront. Also orders the Cybersecurity Infrastructure Security Agency SISA to receive analyzed track and that evidence to ensure that companies are actually using the secure development practices. So there's the government trying to keep an eye on and see that people are following the edicts and mandates from government. That doesn't happen very often. It sounds so much fraud, waste, and abuse in government. There's no SISA version of oversight and accounting to make sure that fraudulent claims aren't processed and money isn't going to evil actors like PPP loans anyway. So hopefully that will bear fruit and provide us with greater security. I mean, at least I have no opposition to the idea that we're cracking down on and insisting on greater security protocols given everything we know about well again going back to the Chinese Communist Party, and here's the ultimate I guess downside of all things tech and US not teaching our children common sense skills. New data shows that many Gen Z generation kids folks generally speaking, struggle with basic do it yourself tasks. According to report from the New York Post, a lot of them don't even know how to change a light bulb. Joe, did you have to tell your children? Explain to your children how to how to change a light bulb?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: Did this like comes naturally? It screws in, screws out. I mean, if you've been alive more than five minutes, you've probably seen someone do that. Any tubervill of Halford's, which is UK based monitoring and cycling retailers, said the ability to do basic practical task is being lost among younger generations. They said, we haven't really had to do things for themselves. That from a psychologist at New York University. She said, so much of their and all of our lives are automated. Convenient outsource, which is today's generation of young people have been identified from way more than past generation. So it makes complete sense that Gen Z simply doesn't know how to do as much with regard to non tech or independent tasks. Court of the report, they surveyed two thousand adults determine that nearly twenty five percent of gen Zers don't know how to change a ceiling light bulb. Why. They cited safety concerns like hot bulbs or latter risks. Man up of sexist would say, instead of attempting the task, many prefer the phrase got geotes or in other words, get others to do it. No, that is Dad changed the light bulb exactly, Joe, That's exactly what it is. Harpin's analysis found that gen Z spends over fifteen hundred dollars annually hiring professionals for basic household tasks, compared to four hundred and seventy dollars for gen X and three hundred for baby boomers. And it is noted in the article Joe that many gen Zers rely on their parents for chores like car cleaning, with less than half knowing how to whole ad to add air to a tire or replace a windshield wiper blade. Well, it comes with blanket instructions. Man Joe agrees with that. He says, that is true, but car cleaning, dude, would you go and clean my car for me?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: My dad? Like, I got two words for you? An ain't happy birthday? No. The Post wrote that nearly thirty percent of gen zers can't identify a flathead screwdriver, twenty one percent don't recognize a wrench, and that one intent would call a professional for the purposes of hanging a picture. Let's see what Steve's got this morning, Steve, welcome to the Morning Show. Happy Friday to you.
Speaker 10: That that's nice and refreshing, and that mad me feel good about our future. Uh, and we're all going to be dependent on them to keep the Social Security system propped up. That's great.
Speaker 2: I hope that is not the perception of my listening audience, because I.
Speaker 10: Well, yeh know, well I'm sixty two, so I'm a little older than you, and that's going to segue into my Jimmy Carter in a second. But just what you just said, I mean, he used to bug me to no end. My neighbor did construction work and he would moonlight on the weekends. Remember that term moonlighting where people actually worked six seven days a week. And he had teenage and then early twenty something boys and the garbage. This just bothered me for some reason. The garbage would get picked up and it was at the street and it's an empty garbage can. The entire family would walk by it, and this guy would come home seven o'clock in the evening and drag the garbage can to the house. And it bothered me to no end. And I don't know how it didn't bother him. But they kind of grow up not having to do anything, I guess. And he would mow the grass himself, and I'm like, where are your kids, Why aren't they mowing? I was bone grass at twelve years old. Yeah, I can or whatever with a push moower. It's no big deal, but I mean whatever. So I was going to talk about a couple of things, but I know we're going to be short on time. And I know he died a few weeks ago, and he's probably a real nice guy. And you know, I'm sure if I met Jimmy Carter, I would have enjoyed talking to him. He had no business being president. I was. I was born in Miami, Florida, in nineteen sixty two and graduated high school in nineteen eighty. My memory, my biggest memory of Jimmy Carter the Maryelle boat lift, which dumped one hundred thousand Cuban immigrants, most of them emptied out of prisons and mental institutions on Miami, Florida. And we lived with that for years, and we had people living under the bridges downtown. I was in the southwest part of Miami. I was in the suburbs. But it was the crime exploded. The TV show Miami Wece came out of that and everything because of all the crime, and it was a lot of different things. He was hopelessly naive. In other words, he did what a nice guy would do. Yeah, we'll welcome them all. But he didn't have the vision to say, wait a minute, what what might this dictator do bring about?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, and no, no, no insight into that. So nice guy probably never You know, you're a nice guy. I don't think you should be president. I mean, yeah, I agree, I mean I'm a reasonably nice guy. I shouldn't be president. But again, you know, it happened. But that's my memory of him really dumping a lot of criminal element on the streets. Something the federal government did to one city that really for for a half dozen years or so. There were repercussions from that. There were to your weekend. I know you you might want to wake up at two thirty tomorrow tomorrow morning, just to pretend it's Monday.
Speaker 2: Thanks man, you have a great weekend yourself. By fifty eight two three dog pound five fifty on AT and T phones six eighteen fifty five Krcity talk station for are rather fast and pro roofing. I got my sponsors lined up right here, Brian, in your head it is Friday. I'm still working on waking up. I'm starting at the fast and Proroofing website, which is Fasten fst and fastenproroofing dot com. And you just check out the our work link and you get an idea of some of the beautiful work that they can do, just beautiful work, new new railing replacements. I've got a couple of the projects right there. Skylight installation. They have this open attic that exposes the trush's project and the skylights just really provide all this beautiful light into this space. A copper roof I mentioned copper flashing work. They do custom metal work, and there's an illustration of a copper roof that they did. It's the overhang roof over the front porch of a two story home. Absolutely gorgeous and of course standing scene. Metal roofs. You got new shingle roof illustrations there, metal bar and roofs. They do that. They do commercial and residential ruse box gutters. There's some illustrations of the boxcutter work they got there. And someone chose to get rid of the shingle roof what with a metal roof project like that too. It's just I'm telling you that the work is absolutely superior and the company is a fantastic one because first and foremost they're honest. A short commodity, short supply commodity in the roofing business. So you can trust Austin and I'm sorry, you can trust Rain and Man and the team at Fast and Proroofing and whoever's inspecting your roof, whether it's Eric or any of the other guys, they're gonna give you an honest assessment. So if there's nothing that needs nothing needs to be done, I'll tell you that. Or maybe you want to quote on some signing work or the the the skylights, you're gonna be happy you called them. I trust me on that one five one three, seven seven four ninety four ninety five. It's a free inspection and free quote. Five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five again go online check it all out at Fastenproroofing dot com fifty five KRC dot com thirty three. Overnight rain will move in and then you get a wintery mix. H ray will last will around noon tomorrow. Then it'll be cloudy afterwards with a high of forty two overnight dropping at twenty one and remain cloudy. It'll be cloudy early on Sunday and it'll clear out later in the day. At some point Sunday's high twenty five. It's twenty nine degrees right now. If it's about KRCV talk station time for traffic.
Speaker 11: From the UC Health Traffic Center. Don't let injury slow you down. The u SEE Health Orthopedic Sands sports medicine experts can help keep you moving. Schedule a same day appointment at you sehealth dot com. Seven forty seven Princeton Glendale walked off between Rialto and Port Union. That is due to a structure fire. Traffic elsewhere is doing just fine. Note doblays or problems on the expressways. Jock kingbram On fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: Six twenty three fifty five KR see the talk station Happy it's Friday, David, Yeah, because we have talked with David Hatter. Dave Hatter coming up next. And on the heels of the article, did the study that gen xers don't know how to unscrewed light bulbs or change light bulbs? I don't know. Maybe is there a lazy component about that? Because I saw this article Progressive Capitol Hill staffers. There is something called the Congressional Progressive Staff Association. They have proposed establishing a rotating thirty two hour work week for folks working in Washington, d C. Saying reduced hours could improve workers' satisfaction, increase staff retention in Congress, and model a more sustainable approach to work on a national level. See it starts here with federal offices, and then it'll spread out to the general public. And that's kind of what they suggested in their statement. Group said in the letter, we do not want a thirty two hour work week just to be another special benefit for congressional staff. Oh no, we hope that by adopting this policy, members of Congress can help to advance the discussion around a more sustainable work week. What in the hell does that mean? Yeah? Thank you, Joe more sustainable work week as a national priority and a model for how it can work for private and public employers across the country in the world. So they start with the federal employees and then it'll spin out to your business, and you might be saying great. Bernie Sanders is behind this. He had legislation implementing a thirty two hour work week previously. However, even some Democrats realize this is a stupid idea, given the Trump's getting ready to be inaugurated. Tim hugg and Democratic Communications consulting former Hill staffer quote ll read the room, guys, Democrat Richie Torres, why not be bold and asked for a zero hour work week? I wonder how blue collar Americans would feel about white collar workers demanding a thirty two hour work week. Good. At least Democrats themselves are analyzing this for what it is. Others suggested, like a representative Chip Roy, progressive shit opt in easy Place to cut twenty percent so they can scale back their salaries to match the reduced hours. Six twenty six fifty five KRC. The tok welscription perfectly timed. Dave had her up.
Speaker 1: Next.
Speaker 2: Now I get to mention four in Exchange, just the place to go if you have a traditionally imported car Asian European manufacturers. I know they make a lot of them here now, but if it's got like a Toyota badge on it, or a Honda or BMW or you name it, they do it. And they have access to your manufacturers technical information. They do fix tesla's as well. They've all been trained, so you test the drivers out there, get on into Foreign Exchange, and why would you go there rather than the dealer. It's always about money. These folks are great at what they do. You're not sacrificing anything by way. The technical expertise of the mechanics a SES certified they are. They have your programming and they can do software updates and programming for your vehicle. I've seen exotic cars in there, and I've seen my former now my son's Honda, which was in earlier this week. It's one hundred and fifty thousand miles and going strong thanks to the people at Foreign Exchange. We've been going there for years. Tyler's Mill legs it off of seventy five, head East two streets and go right on Kinglin and you're going to run right into the shop. Online, you'll find it at foreign xform the letter X dot com. You get a full warranty on parts in the service and you keep more money in your pocket than had you taken it to the dealer. So take advantage of it. You're gonna be glad you did. You'll love the folks out there Foreign the letter X dot com. Foreign X dot com five to one three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four twenty six twenty six.
Speaker 12: Fifty five KRC the talk station in today's Marketers Friday, it is that time time for Interest its Dave hat or interest I dot com.
Speaker 2: If you have a business, I know you have computers, you'll have computer issues. It's almost guaranteed. You got to get the crew on Interest it in your shop and help them, you know, give you the best practices and handle your problems and deal with your issues. And according to the business curlier, there are the best in the business. Interest I t dot com. Welcome back, Dave hat Or always a pleasure to have it on the program.
Speaker 1: Man, my pleasure to be here.
Speaker 2: And I'm shocked that Apple has to pay a settlement. That's because Siri was eavesdropping. The non shocking part, of course, is that Siri was eavesdriving. Of course it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Brian.
Speaker 13: It's funny because if you think about it, any so called smart device that you can talk to has to be listening to you in order to know when.
Speaker 1: You ask it to do something right.
Speaker 9: I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 13: So now the problem that is that when you look at these smart devices in theory, they all have some kind of you know, wake word, wake phrase, hot word, whatever they call it on that particular platform. And in theory like with Apple and I won't say it out loud because we'll kick off, you know, thousands of devices across Cincinnati. But when you when you ask for Siri to do something right, then in theory, it starts listening to you and responds to your requests.
Speaker 2: Well, the word Siri alone is going to cause it to start listening to you.
Speaker 13: You would think, you would think, Because here's the thing, Brian, you have to think about this from the standpoint of the people building this stuff. If something is listening to you and waiting for you to ask it to do something, the more narrow you make the window that it will act, the more frustrating. It's going to be for people to use right then, you know, the way you say Siri, the way I say Siri, the way someone else says Siri not going to be exactly the same. So, in general, if you want your device to be used, you're going to have to make the window that it will activate on as wide as possible. Otherwise people are going to get frustrated and they're not going to use the thing. And there was a study done it's probably been maybe three years now, where someone took a whole bunch of different.
Speaker 1: Devices that could.
Speaker 13: Listen to you and activate things like Google Home and Alexa and Siri and other things, and put it in a room, turned on a TV, and then they watched how often did they activate? And it's pretty shocking to anyone that cares about their privacy in my opinion, when you look at the results of this, because it was a lot more typical than I think most people would imagine. Because again my argument is, you have to have the thing be very loose in its requirements. Otherwise people are going to get frustrated if you have to ask your device to activate eight or nine times every time, because you're not saying something exactly the way it wants it.
Speaker 1: How many times you're going to use that thing.
Speaker 13: So when you look at this, the thing that I think is more frustrating, and I'm sure I've said it on your show many times over the last ten years. In general, Apple tends to be a more privacy friendly company. All of these companies are collecting your data in some form or fashion because your data is valuable. But generally speaking, up to this point, Apple has tended to be more privacy and security friendly because their business model is different. They're not monetizing your data as their primary business model. They're selling you hardware and software products. So this story, to me is a little disturbing when you dig down into it, and CNN did a real nice summary of it. Apple to pay ninety five million in cash to settle a proposed class action lawsuit. Of course, they claim no wrongdoing. The class period runs from September seventeenth to twenty fourteen to December thirty first, twenty twenty four That's a long time to have your phone listening to your conversation. And you know, the thing, I guess the most frustrating to me is if you were in the class, so you had this feature enabled, which I don't. I do not have Syrian enabled on my phone and have never had Syrian enabled on my phone, so I guess I won't get my twenty dollars. That's what your privacy is worth to Apple, twenty dollars. And then one reason the CNN article is great is because they point out ninety five million is about nine hours of profit for Apple. So the twenty dollars you're going to get if you're in this class. And I would encourage people who if you have an Apple phone and you've used Siri in that time, when I would, I would sign myself up and get my twenty dollars and remind yourself just how little these companies actually care about your privacy exactly.
Speaker 2: And don't forget the plane off lawyers who brought the class action are probably going to take forty percent of the ninety five million dollars.
Speaker 1: So anyway, that's not bad that's not a bad haul, right.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's one of the reasons why they settle for money that really doesn't mean anything to Apple in terms of compared to profit appreciated.
Speaker 13: Or to the or to the people get in the twenty dollars, right Like the lawyers get all the proceeds from this.
Speaker 2: I know, I know contingency fees Man. Anyway, coming to Brad Pitt accused of scamming a woman out of money, No, Brad Pitt is not texting you. Doctor Peck and Frew, those are who you need to speak to about dentistry. They are the dynamic duo of dentistry. I just doctor Fred peck Man is a genius credited Fellow with the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. For cosmetic dentnistry, I cannot imagine anyone being in better hands. Brilliant, amazing cosmetics, stunning smile makeovers, life changing smile makeovers. So if you're one of those people who just is really not happy with a smile, you need to talk to doctor peck and doctor Fru. She's working on her way to accreditation. She is absolutely a wonderful lady. Not that doctor peck is bad, I mean just Megan Frew in terms of bedside manner, you know that kind of thing. If you're someone who doesn't like going to the dentist, you got to schedule a point with doctor Freu and they have the most state of the art clinic around. Doctor Fred Peck has always insisted on being on the cutting edge of medicine for the benefit of his patients. So you got the choice Doctor's pack and frew. It is a wonderful option for dentistry. I've been going to see doctor Peck for about a decade, maybe more. My whole family does so for exceptional dentistry generally speaking, and most notably in cosmetic dentistry. Five to one three six, one seventy six sixty six five one three six, one seventy six sixty six. Learn more. Find them online. It's Peck pec k Pecksmiles dot com.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC Steve.
Speaker 2: Perrins Coordinated financial Planning and wealth Management, Contact Interest and the crew to help you with your business computer needs. Uh Okay, you know, I just find it difficult to swallow, Dave, that anyone would take the bait on this particular and this, this this brad pit thing that I I'm just beside myself in disbelief. But go ahead, give my listeners the facts and they can draw their own conclusions. It's a sad story.
Speaker 13: It is a sad story. It's really pretty tragic and sadly. Brian I think you're only going to see more and more and more of these kind of stories because as the artificial intelligence technology that can generate the sort of deep fake audio and video that apparently was used in this scam gets better, it's only going to make it easier for people to do this sort of thing. So I agree with you wholeheartedly. This is a wild story, I guess. First off, I don't know how you would think that suddenly Brad Pitt's mom and then Brad Pitt is going to contact you over social media. Yes, yeah, you're You're just some person out there minding your own.
Speaker 2: Business in the world, and Brad Pitt and his mom picked you.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know.
Speaker 13: And that's the thing that's even crazier. It would be easier for me to understand if this started out with, Hey, you're on social media and quote unquote Brad Pitt reaches out to you, But I mean Brad Pitt's mom. Rad Pit's mom reaches out to you and then connects you to Brad Pitt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 13: It's quite hard for me to understand. But I think the more important point for people is because of social media and because of open source intelligence, which is a whole field and cybersecurity of people who do nothing but use all of the information that's available out there, things like LinkedIn, things like Facebook, things like websites, things like Google searches to collect information, usually for reasonable purposes. But you know this cuts both ways. You know, if you want to know who the mayor of Del High is, I guarantee you can find that either on LinkedIn or on their website. So my point is there are people out there who know how to use these tools, and they're available to anyone to learn information that can.
Speaker 1: Be useful in a scam.
Speaker 13: Right, Yeah, And the idea that someone is going to find you on social media, some very very famous star. And again the mother, that's the thing. So apparently this woman was contacted by Brad Pitt's mom. Supposedly someone named Jane at A Pitt who I'd never even heard of before, and she's this woman apparently has some money, she's on a ski trip. She gets contacted by Jane or Jane Edipitt and then the next thing you know, Rad Pitt is contacted right and starts chatting her up. And then the next thing you know, and you're looking deep into this bit and you'll see all these photos of Rad Pitt in the hospital. He needs money, I mean it's his account.
Speaker 2: His accounts were allegedly frozen because of the divorce with Angelina Joe Lee, and so that's what his pitch was to give her and get her to give him money. But you know, red flag, While he always avoided her calls, he sent artificial intelligence generated videos and images to convince her that he was in love with her. So no, he won't have a direct one on one conversation with her, even though he professes his undying love. I think we need to call red flag on that immediately right there. So if the person gets that far down the road with you and they're not willing to have a conversation with you, then you're not dealing with a real person. Come on.
Speaker 13: But even that, Brian, thanks to you know, voice cloning capabilities with these deep fake AI technologies, well there's that. It's it's entirely possible that you could clone Brad Pitt's voice and then have a conversation with someone. Now, I want to point out a real red flag for that is if you're talking to someone that you think you know or recognize their voice, anyway, and there's a weird pause. It could very well be like you know, you and I are talking, and if every time I answer you there's a two second delay or you know yet an unusual delay, it could very well be because someone is typing in what that person is going to say and then have it generated. So that's a real strong red flag which are somehow being scammed with a voice cloning attack because it takes a second for them to type in what they want to say, and it takes a second for the AI to generate that voice.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 13: It's so wild.
Speaker 2: Eight and fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, basically, this woman lost all our money.
Speaker 2: Un and believable.
Speaker 13: Well, it also shows you the point I keep trying to make to people all the time, Brian, because people think, well, I don't have anything we're stealing, My business is too small, whatever, This will never happen to me. These people are con artists and they want to steal your money, and they'll they'll go down whatever avenue they need to to get to it. They'll pivot on a dime, they'll tell you any lie, they'll use any technology they can to scam you. So you know, if you think this could never happen to me, or I don't have anything worth stealing, your money is worth stealing. And if you make it easy, if you don't understand that these things are real, if you're not skeptical and careful and doing the right sort of things as an end individual or for your organization, they will eventually get to your money. Because they are con artists, they're very smart.
Speaker 1: I mean, who would think of this? I would never think that someone would believe that. I'm Brad Pitt.
Speaker 2: I see that's the initial proposition that they went down this road thinking they would have success. I'm with you, Dave never would have started it out, even if I was a criminal mind. I tried to think of something more plausible. Anyway, let's we got to take a break. It's only one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars. We're going to learn about the well robot girlfriend coming up next Colin Electric. First, though, you need a charging station for your robot girlfriend. I imagine Collin Electric can install one of those for you too, regardless what type of electric project had. If you have a house and you have residential electric work to do, call my friend Andrew Collen and his amazing team of A licensed electricians who are great at customer service. They will respect your home, they will respect you. The price will be right, the work will be done to your satisfaction, whatever work you need to have done. Oh, look mentioned in the notes alexis controlled LED lighting and surround sound. They can put something like that in for you if you're so inclined. They do eluminum wiring upgrades of course, nob and tube wiring upgrades, can light installation outlets again, all things electrical for residents. You're in great hands with the A plus BBB Cullen Electric. You'll get a ten year wiring warranty on everything they do for you. So tell them I said hi. When you give them a call to schedule your appointment. It's five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two online Cullen c U, L L E N. Cullen Electric, Cincinnati dot Com.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC your.
Speaker 14: Hands work hard, texting buildings and itch scratching for YEP.
Speaker 2: Six fifty one fifty five KRCD talk station Interest I T brings you tech Fright with Dave Hatter intrust i T dot com Dave Artificial robots are getting I guess, quote unquote better and better every year. Is this right up? About this one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars robot? It was veiled unveiled at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. One hundred and seventy five grand. Go ahead, Well, this is so ridiculous. It is ridiculous. The company is called Rerobotis and their CEO Andrew Kigwell, I guess that is how you say it. His company was hoping to make robots indistinguishable from humans, which could also tackle the male loneliness epidemic, and also, I guess serve to feed the childlessness epidemic. We've got nobody's getting in relationships and having children anymore. So is this just some sort of docile sex robot that just actually interacts with you?
Speaker 1: Better?
Speaker 2: It looks more like a human being, well.
Speaker 1: As I understand it from the reporting on it.
Speaker 13: And there's some video out there, and I encourage people to go take a look at the video. Melody is one of their models. Melody looks a lot more realistic than most of the stuff I've seen up this point. But I'm pretty sure from watching the videos you are not going to be confused that it's a real person, you know. I mean, it's it doesn't look like C three po, but it does not look like a real person. I mean maybe at a distance you might think there's a real person sitting, you know, over on a chair and across the room.
Speaker 2: Or something that does not look like a real person.
Speaker 13: But as you get closer to it, it just kind of looks like a mannequin you know, that happens to move around. It's fairly weird and creepy advice. Again, you know, they claim this is not designed to be a sex robot, because you know that's the thing too. We've talked about that before. That's been out there for a while. There are people working on that.
Speaker 3: You know, this was.
Speaker 13: Unveiled at the Consumer Electronics Show, where you get this kind of stuff every year. There's all kinds of wild stuff, you know, a lot of its hype and hyperbole.
Speaker 1: So again, it's not that impressive to me.
Speaker 13: It's much better than you know, the things that I've seen out there before, but it just isn't that realistic. Looking at one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars. I mean, you know, unless you just have more money than you know what to do with and you think it would be a fun gag or something. I'm not really sure who would buy this now, they say. One of the key selling points to th rowbotsability engaging meaningful conversations and adapts to the owner's preferences over time. That makes it feel more personal and tailored.
Speaker 2: Well, and that's why it could never be a substitute for a human being. You know, one of the reasons you get involved relationships. And I would like to think that people share my viewpoint on this. You know, my wife is great. She doesn't give me too much of a hard time, but she we occasionally do have disagreements. You know, You're not always right. This seems like it would ultimately be something will be a substitute for a girlfriend that never argues with you. It enables whatever decision you want, because would you spend one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars on a piece of technology that never argues with you, or disagrees with you, or says something about your bad habits or whatever the case may be.
Speaker 13: Thank you, I guess Brian, if you're have you seen the movie Interstellar, Now I have it. Okay, there's there's a robot character in the movie and the characters it's it's key to the plot. But the robot like can be configured. It's like it has different settings, like honesty setting, sarcasm setting. You know, it's throughout the movie there's like this funny little play on tars turn your honesty setting down to eighty percent, that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: So, I don't know, maybe maybe you could do that with this thing.
Speaker 13: Maybe you know, you need a little you need a little spice in your life, so you have it give you some grief.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 13: The whole thing to me is just kind of ludicrous, especially at a price of one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars. And you know, they don't really talk about any of their boarding it. Again, there's some videos people can go see for themselves. The realism level this like, this thing I don't believe is designed to be able to do much except kind of talk to you.
Speaker 1: Right, It's not going to like run the sweeper.
Speaker 13: It's not gonna do any real work like some of the other robots that are you know, currently out there where you might have it as like a personal assistant. It could do something useful like the grass for you while you're at work. Yeah, I guess we'll see where this goes. But at one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars, especially for the current capabilities, it's just it's crazy to me so for these But to show you, though, Brian, the advancements that are being made in this technology, and I mean, will we get to a place where you will not be able to distinguish an android from an actual human being?
Speaker 1: Blade Runner maybe? Yeah, Terminator, that's.
Speaker 2: True too well for the sad, depressed loser who has too much money and has everything. One hundred and seventy five thousand dollars, get yours real, Bodis Dave Hatter, Thank you so much for the time you spent with my listeners of me every Friday. I look forward to next Friday in another edition of Tech Friday with you, my friend. Have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: Thank you sir, you as well. I'll look forward to chatting with you next week.
Speaker 2: Look forward to it. Six fifty seven fifty five KR City Talk Station. I'll be right back after the news, A full rundown and the biggest ten lines. There's minutes away at the top of the hour, a critical message, but it's important.
Speaker 14: Fifty five KRC the Talk Station, seven six fifty about KRC the Talk Station.
Speaker 2: A very very happy Friday to you, Brian Thomas, inviting phone calls. Love to hear from you. Forgot something you want to talk about? Steer in a particular direction. It is Friday. Not that we have like open line Friday. It's usually opened nine Monday through Friday. But before our next guests are Jared Not with the book called Tiny Blunders, Big Disasters. This is the second edition of our second volume. He had another book book Tiny Blunder's Big Disaster. It's kind of funny and interesting stories from history about little things that resulted in wild tragedy or catastrophic results. So it should be a fun conversation with Jared coming up at seven forty. Fast forward one hour. Doctor Charles Kamarda his book Mission out of Control. Doctor Kimarta is an astronaut. Apparently he's figured out some ways of solving problems that nobody ever thought about before we get the details on that. I'm a little confused, honestly about the subject matter of the book, I'll admit that up the front. But having never spoken with Charles and learning just for the first time this morning that I was gonna be talking with him, we're gonna take dive into that challenge in one hour. Let us see here Monday, of course, Christopher Smith in a Monday. Monday. It is MLK Day on Monday. So remembering the doctor Martin Luther King Junior fifty five caresee dot comedy can't listen a line. I'd like to remind folks that the podcast page is right there. So if you didn't get a chance to hear my conversation with Jay Ratleff or Senator Ran Paul or Americans for Prosperity about saving the Trump tax cuts, why don't you try to do that good stuff there? And on tax cuts, all these hearings going on for Donald Trump's various positions. Treasury Secretary nominee Man that Donald Trump has tapped around. The Treasury Department issued warning the other day Scott Descent said, of Congress does not extend the tax cuts that are due to expire at the end of the year, the US economy be thrown into chaos. Quote if we do not renew extend, we'll be facing an economic calamity. And always with economic instability that falls on the middle and working class people, we will see a gigantic middle class tax increase. Jennet Yellen, for her part, obviously taking an opposite position, warning that extending the tax cuts would lead to this is a laughable statement, unsustainable deficits. I guess she hasn't gotten the memo that we're already there. It's a spending problem. Consequences of inaction and action are that exacerbates projected deficits could be dire. She said, Yeah, it's she should be full well aware of the CBO report that came out that said we'd be spending an additional two plus trillion every single year for the next decade under the current circumstances.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know if a second have any control over controlling spending, but therein lies the challenge for us collectively. We're all screwed based upon government's inability to quit just spending on literally every other project. Something I've talked about with Senator Ran Paul just the other day. So check out that podcast in other hearings, get a load of this one. I just kind of you know, when I read something like this, I kind of wonder do they even think about how they're going to appear and look and and and be received in the general public when they ask inane questions. Senator Mazie Herono of Hawaii mock getting mocked widely on social media her opening questions to Interior Secretary nominee Doug Bergham. Opening questions, Senator Rono, you have the floor. It's your time. Your turn. As part of my responsibility to ensure the fitness of nominees before any of the committees on which I said, I asked the following two initial questions. First is, since you became a legal adult. Well, it's a grammatically incorrect question, but anyway, First is I'll never mind. First is, since you became a legal adult, have you ever made unwanted requests for sexual favors or committed any verbal or physical harassment or assault of a sexual nature. That's question number one for the proposed Interior Secretary. No, I have not simple response from Bergham. Follow up, have you ever faced discipline or entered into a settlement related to this kind of conduct? Entered into a settlement? I think that refers perhaps to some of the many settled out of court things like, for example, taxpayer dollars settlements of sexual harassment claims made against elected officials up there in Congress. Huh, how about that, Senator Herono, I guess you know all about that kind of stuff, And if it was in a settlement, maybe it was a confidential settlement agreement, And he said, no, I have not, So there's a definitive no. I am not involved in any of that. I haven't faced discipline, and I haven't settled anything related to the conduct. But if he had, and he was a confidentiality agreement in connected with it, he wouldn't be able to reveal the details of it. So that these people are in charge of our lives. I keep going back to that. Just crazy, crazy stuff. And Pam Bondi, president Elect Trump's pick to lead the Department of Justice, head it out with Senator Adam Schiff pencil next shift. You remember him, don't you. Schiff asked Bondi whether she would investigate the former special counsel Jack Smith and former Representative Liz Cheni. Now pause for a moment and consider why he might be curious to know about that, Why would he choose Jack Smith, List Cheney, or any other human being, because he is worried that he will be investigated for his well lies and deceit on the American people, the whole Russian collusion thing that we just took us through a couple of years of pain and well and then another investigation following that. That's shiff talk about someone who lied boldly to your face and mind on a regular basis. So I think he himself is worried, and so he's dancing around, And he didn't ask the question, are you planning on investigating me if you secure the position? He said, I'm asking you, sitting here today, whether you are aware of a factual predicate to investigate Liz Cheney. Senator no, one asked me to investigate Liz Cheney. That is a hypothetical, She calmly responded, and then she said, you know what we should be worried about. The crime rate in California's through the roof. Your robberies are eighty seven percent higher than the national averages. That's what I want to focus on. Senator Shift suggested that she does not have the independence to say no to the president, and he then asked her if she would tell Trumps if she would tell Trump he lost the twenty twenty election, I'll pastor. I want to think about how dumb that question is. Why would she interject that into the conversation. That's a done issue, it's over. We're in twenty twenty five now, Why would she have the obligation, the need, or even think it's within her, you know, business, if she's heading up the DOJ to tell that Trump that he lost the twenty twenty election. Trump may be walking around still convince that he won. He's entitled to that belief. There's been all kinds of stories sort of supporting some of the shenanigans and the irregularities that I may be loose with the term that we're involved in the twenty twenty election. I mean, some people firmly believe that Trump won. He's entitled to that. If you think he's delusional, that's okay. Joe Biden's delusional. He has been for the last four years, if not longer. But what job is it as head of the Department of Justice to just interject that and say, Donald, you know you lost twenty twenty. Her response, what I can tell you is I will never play politics you're trying to engage me in a gotcha schif asker if she would advise against blanket pardons by President elect Trump, saying to her, you'll be able to review hundreds of cases on day one. Of course you won't. Oh, that is an absolute true statement. But then again, does the head of the Department of Justice have any say in who the president pardons? The president doesn't necessarily need a review of a file at the Department of Justice to decide whether or not one guy or a woman should be pardoned or not. Joe Biden gave a blanket pardon to his son. Unprecedented entered into new ground on that one. Joe Biden did. He also released all kinds of commuted the senses of all kinds of just really horrifically nasty people where their files reviewed in advance. It really makes you when you see some of the details of the folks that are on Biden's pardon list, it really makes it hard to believe that actually someone reviewed the file and recommended that Joe go ahead and issue the pardon. Senator Sheldon Whitehouse asked about the weaponization of the Department of Justice, may sort of a statement question. It would not be appropriate for a prosecutor to start with a name and look for a crime. It's a prosecutor's job to start with a crime and look for a name, correct, and then she's Martley responded, well, Senator, I think that's the whole problem with the weaponization that we've seen the last four years and what's been happening to Donald Trump. Amen. They love accusing Republicans for doing the very thing that they have been doing. And why do you think all these questions are being asked is because well, they did it. They know it's possible, they know they're they're capable of getting away with it, and they just want to know if this these antics and these shenanigans and this weaponization is going to continue under Donald Trump's watch and under his people, notably Pambondi in this particular case. Five one three seven, eight hundred and eight two three talked on five to fifty on AT and T phones Mississippi, James, I get your calls right out of the gate, if you don't mind holding for a moment. I first want to mention affordable medical imaging. Got my appointment for a next CT scan already on the books in April, so fingers crossed that that'll work out. And the CT scan worked out fine. As I mentioned, when I was at my appointment with the doc and she said, well, we're gonna need to get another CT scan before your appointment, And she immediately said, do you want to go to the same place she went before, which was Affordable Imaging Services where I got my CT scan with a contrast for six hundred bucks. This, of course I do, so by the time I got home, I was already getting a call from Affordable Imaging Services because the docs office had gotten in touch with them. I got it all set up. I know I'm going to save a heapload of money. It's a new calendar year, so a new out of pocket responsibility. We all know what that's like. So rather than paying five thousand dollars at the hospital and then a separate bill for the radiologist report six hundred which includes the radiologists report, Now, if I didn't need a contrast that same scan, it only cost four hundred and fifty bucks MRI with contrast six forty five MRI without four ninety five echo Cardigram's only four ninety five ultrasound two fifty or a long screen, which is ninety nine bucks. They all complete with the board certified radiologist report. You and your doctor will both get that within forty eight hours. And of course the images are done by the same equipment the hospitals use. They just keep the overhead up are really really low, and that's how they managed to provide these wonderful services the same as the hospital does for a fraction of the cost. You have a choice. Exercise it save money five one three seven five three eight thousand and five one three seven, five three eight thousand online. Learn more at Affordable Medimaging dot com.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Channel nine says have sunny skies today with a high thirty nine. Rain kicks in overnight, it'll last till tomorrow. Around noontime, a wintery mix is possible thirty three the overnight low forty two to the high tomorrow, and the clouds will be following the rain about mid afternoon. It'll be uh cloudy overnight down to twenty one in a cloudy Sunday cley're and out though later in the day high at twenty five. That's twenty six. Now time for traffic.
Speaker 11: From the UCUP Traffic Center. Don't let injury slow you down. The UC Health orth the feeding Sands supports medicine experts can help keep you moving. Schedule same day appointment at UCHealth dot com. Rex Clear northbound seventy five and two seventy five and erroliner right lanes open again a couple more minutes. Traffic he's going to clear out from Florence into downtown southbound seventy five is not a problem through Vachland south two seventy five slows of the Carrol Proper Bridge, Chuck Ingraman fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: The talk station Friday, have you Friday to You're gonna go straight to the phones. Got a couple of callers online. Jay hang on because I promised Mississippi James would be first. Welcome back, James. Always good to hear from you. Hey, good morning, doctor Brian. All right, now.
Speaker 9: Bring me up to speed on the two thoughts.
Speaker 15: On the tax cut, whether it be extended, whether it be expired.
Speaker 2: What's the two thoughts on it? Well, from my perspective, and I think it holds true given tax cuts in the past have actually resulted in more money flowing into government because we engage in more economic activity, because allowing us to spend our money where we want means we're not paying for fish on treadmill study, among others. But generally speaking, I don't believe in taxation heavily at all, and I think it's you know, I believe in freedom and liberty, and part of freedom and liberty is being able to use your labor transferred to the paycheck as you want to see it. But the idea that we have a problem here only exists because the federal government spends too damn much. Will the deficits go up if we don't, If they don't raise the taxes and they continue to spending on this track we're on, absolutely, but they're not cutting spending. It's like Janet Yellen, she got we're going to have unsustainable deficits. Well, we already do, and we had before the tax cuts went into place. You people just spend too much damn money. Maybe we need to choke off the flow of cash to the government and they'll tighten the belt on behalf of every American and we won't have unsustainable deficits. But in the final analysis, if they take more away from us, it slows down the wheels of business. It provides less hiring opportunities. There have been studies out saying that maybe six million jobs will be lost because of the additional taxation, which I have no reason or to argue with that. I'm not a number cruncher guy. That's just been widely reported. So raise the taxes, reduce economic activity. Lower the taxes, increase economic activity and also deficits. But I don't think anybody listening right now believes that if the taxes go up that the government will apply the additional revenue to the extent there even is, because as I pointed out, sometimes the lower taxes is up more revenue for government. But they even theoretically if all this additional money they'd be taken out of our pockets went to the deficits, which isn't going to happen. That if they don't close down or slow down or reduce the engine of government, generally speaking, we're going to continue to dig ourselves into a hole. So that's my take on it. James, I hope you have a happy Friday and a wonderful weekend. Give your wife my best, would you please, Jay, Welcome to the program. Happy Friday to you, Hey, Good morning, Brian.
Speaker 16: Take good and inspects A question for you, after all these years of a Macy Horono and a Chuck Schumer and an Adam Shift and I could keep going on with Joe Biden, Let's just take those states because we can.
Speaker 8: We should be frustrated with those politicians. The older I get, the more I realized it's the people behind the politicians who continue to vote for them and put them in office and inflict us with their bad ideas, inflict us with their corruption. In the case of Joe Biden, is there we have to understand the biggest threat to our national security are those states and the voters who continue to put these lousy, corrupt politicians sold out to China, supports the transgender movement, everything else that's ungodly, unholy and Unamerican. Is there a place in the Constitution that says that this voluntary union of States can throw out members of states before they because of the damage that they're in inflicting on the entire nation of three hundred and sixty million people.
Speaker 2: No, No, there isn't. I think in order to bring about throwing out of state you probably need something along the lines of an amendment to the Constitution. But you got to recognize we do live in a republic and that the citizenry decides who will best serve their interest in government. And if the citizenry has been dumbed down to the point where they think Corona or Shift or whoever are the best people for the job. And I think that's actually what has happened. They're so dumb that they think it's right, and they've sold a bill of goods about what these people claim they're going to give them from government. Government's going to give you this and give you that. I mean, you have to be completely ignorant of all things political and economic to believe that that's actually going to happen, or that it's actually a good thing for the for America.
Speaker 17: So I wonder if I wonder if rand Paul or somebody like that, when you would have them on next Massy, that would be an interesting question to ask, are we there yet to wear the there Red States ought to be sitting together and starting to put together something that says we are going to be pulled down. This nation's continuing to decline if we can't get rid of the power of California and New York and we can't control their voters. But if they're inflicting that kind of damage on the rest of us, that they are the national biggest security threat, then I say move to action. And it's not civil war. I think that would be dumb to pick up arm But there ought to be a way that we could say, if we are a voluntary union of states, that there will be a threshold, because right now it seems like there is no threshold whatsoever that some state and their voters can cross, and there is no threshold of how long the damage can continue until we can stop it.
Speaker 9: It's almost like they can.
Speaker 17: Continue to degrade all of us until this nation is destroyed. It seems like there needs to be an exit ramp, some safety valve that can be thrown in order to save the country.
Speaker 2: Well, it would be nice if we could do it and bring it about. I just take comfort and some solace in the fact that, you know, since let's say COVID or since the Biden administration, I mean, we did elect as a country pretty overwhelmingly Donald Trump, the evil trump Man, after you know, almost a decade of constant, constant beating him down and demonizing him. So the American people were smarter than that they didn't buy into it. They appreciate the fact that we're in poorer economic times after the Biden administration, hence the Trump election. We could go on the border isn't secure, impacting people of all political stripes. Dumb idea open borders were all feeling it. Voters woke up to that. Voters who lived in these left wing states have moved out in massive quantities New York, California, Illinois to states that are read because of the economic freedom that they can enjoy. They see the difference. It's in full display, and if the mainstream media would report more about it and point out the colossal differences between the way blue states are run. See the Los Angeles fires among others as an illustrate versus say how Texas or Florida are run. You know, then they can make more educated choices. Most people choose to stay away from politics. They don't pay attention to the ramifications and repercussions of what they've done. You think that the average Joe is out there watching any of these hearings or listening to the inane comments and questions by Mazie Herono, their own representative out in Hawaii. Probably not they're in Hawaii. They're probably sitting on the beach somewhere having a cocktail or something. I don't know, but maybe there has been an awakening. It's happening all over the world, and that's another thing I can take some comfort in. Jay. You look at Europe, they're moving away from these left wing policies. They too have an immigration problem that's just sort of been unleashed on them by the left wingers in the European Union. So maybe we are waking up. And of course the deficit and of itself, I think objectively, no one can say we're not in a huge, huge problem because we've spent too much. Pick a program. I'll even say the Defense Department. They can't even pass an audit, and you want to give a nine hundred billion dollars seven twenty nine fifty five K. See the talk station Zimmer. I'm looking at Zimer's website right now. Zimmer Heating and cool and central air conditioners. Of course, uh Mini split systems, the duckless kind. They've got those heat pumps, geothermal heat pumps, gas furnaces, smart thermostats, boilers, space pack light, commercial HVAC products. They do it all it's just a wonderful, wonderful company. They are a factory authorized carrier dealer. So if you need a new heating unit, get a carrier. The great great units they are, and the folks at Zimmer will do a wonderful, wonderful job for you. Can assure you that their customer service is great. They've been in business for more than seventy five years, three generations of Zimber family ownership. So get in touch with Chris Zimmer. Scheduling appointment five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three, or go to the website what I'm staring at now right in the corner there schedule an appointment. It's easy to do online at go zimo dot com.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC Breakfast.
Speaker 5: Freshen up your morning with a Wendy's breakfast like a breakfast baconator or a grilled sausage breakfast burrito, or even a honey buddy ready for a fresh wake up call, gotta be Wendy's available at participating US Wendy's.
Speaker 2: According to Channel nine, we are going to have a sunny, sunny day to day and high thirty nine not bad overynight rain shows up media wintery mix at times down to thirty three. Random move out tomorrow around noontime that will be cloudy the rest of the day in a high forty two. Cloudy overnight as well, with low at twenty one and a cloudy day early on Sunday, but at a clear out at some point later in the day twenty five for the high twenty six. Right now, it's time for traffic.
Speaker 11: From the UCF Tramping Center. Don't bad injury slow you down. Then you see Health Orthopedic Sands sports medicine experts can help keep your movie schedule a same day appointment at you seehelp dot com. North ten seventy five is getting better between Florence and Arlwinger the earlier accident near Donaldson Clear South Bend seventy five is getting heavier now add two to three extra minutes in and out of Lackland and South two seventy five continues slow between the Lawrenceburg Ramp and the Carroll Proper Bridge.
Speaker 2: Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station seven thirty three year for about KRCD talk station looking forward to the next segment Wen Jared not returns. It's been a while while since we talked with them. Tiny Blunders, Big Disasters, second book in the series. Some funny and amazing kind of well, little things that happened that really had a dramatic impact, like the butterfly effect in a certain degree. Let us see here get a local story in over in Joe's neighborhood. Kind of feel sorry for this one. Three people have been shot over a col Ringe township, two her dad, according to township spokesperson, two active scenes. Yesterday, Police were investigating outside the Walgreens and the pop pop Eyes, which is on the opposite side of the street of the Walgreens on Colerain Avenue. The victim the third victim that didn't die, was taken a UC Medical Center in critical condition. Spokesperson said that the two people who died were the ones near the Popeyes, and the person taken to the hospital was found at the Walgreens across the street. Police had a d block off the parking lots and businesses near Colerain Avenue and Springdale during the investigation. Since been reopened, as have the Popeyes, Dunkin Donuts, and Shell gas stations that were there they were closed. The balance of yesterday, police haven't provided any information about a possible suspectship exposed person set. Investigators are right now unto the belief that the shooting was targeted. Get a gang hit or something like that. Seven thirty five ifty five kres DE talk station Tiny Blunders, Big disasters with Jared not that'll he'll be on next. I hope you can stick around for that should be a fun conversation. Emory Federal Credit Union. I don't know if it's fun, but it is a better way to bang, get gag, get rid of the big bank and work with your hometown bank, Emory Federal Credit Union. In doing so, you can earn twenty five dollars now. And then when you spread the the benefits of banking to your family members and friends or colleagues about banking with Emory, like how great it is, and they become a member, you're both going to get twenty five dollars. So just a little extra dangling Carrott to check out Emory Federal Credit Union and learn why it's a better way to bank. You'll be glad you did. And get the details on this. Certain restrictions apply, which is always the case. It's EMORYFCU dot org. Excuse me, EMORYFCU dot Org. NMLS number four zero one zero eight seven, federally insured by NCUA. They are an equal.
Speaker 4: Housing lender fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: These times of mom here's your nine first one one. The fullcast sunny sky is today thirty nine for the high. It'll be rainy overnight. Maybe a winter remix of times down to thirty three. Random move out around noontime tomorrow, giving us clouds after and I have forty two and don't don't get used to it. Going down at twenty one over night with thought these guys, and high at twenty five on Sunday, with more cold days to follow, cloudy day as well, clearing out later in the afternoon on Sunday. It's twenty six degrees right now. Traffic time.
Speaker 11: Chuck Ingram from the UCUT Tramping Center. Don't buy injury slow you down. The uc Health Orthopedic Sands sports medicine experts can help keep you movies. Schedule a same day appointment at you sehealth dot com. Brought Ben seventy five is getting better between Florence and Erlanger. The earlier accident. Your Donaldson clear South Bend seventy five is getting heavier now add two to three extra minutes in and out of Blackman and South two seventy five continues slow between the Lawrence Perg Ramp and the Carrol Cropper Bridge. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC decalk station. You can't see Joe Stracker, but I can a little distressed look on his face right now and a bit of a lip reader, and I did look like he uttered a few FCC non compliant words in there. This is two days in a row where were the authors that were lined up failed to appear? So I was looking forward to having Jared not on the program. Apparently I won't be doing that this morning. No idea Joe can get in touch with him. So you can call five one, three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk found five fifty on AT and T phones. You know, and going back to the comments that I made in response to the last caller about you know, we're going to learn anything? Why do we keept he people having keep electing people like Mazie Herono, who ask any questions and don't seem to be helping the country at all. Reckless overspending. Are we ever going to learn our lesson? Can we break away from those crazy states to save ourselves? Complicated question of the complicated answers in a country that will this republic we live in, We're going to get some eggs. But as I was saying, I was trying to be optimistic, you know, Trump being elected, the border being a key issue on that, people of all political stripes suffering their neighborhoods dealing with the problem created by this influx that they were not prepared for, school districts having being overwhelmed by immigrant children that don't speak English, resources being drained that otherwise should have gone to the people who pay the taxes. I mean, if you're a Democrat and you're in Chicago and you see that you know, a billion or however many dollars has been thrown out the immigrant crisis, and you're living in a terrible neighborhood, you've got to get You're going to get angry. And they are same thing in New York. They got problems of plenty in New York budget reason whyse because well, illegal immigrant problem. And so with that background, I mean, you can learn lessons and you can change your practices and your tactics. The Governor of Massachusetts requested on Wednesday of this week that nearly all family members living in any of these states emergencies shallters be here in the United States illegally and not offering many exceptions. This is sanctuary state time, sanctuary city time. They have a decade's old right to shelter law, and Democratic Governor Marra Healey obviously standing behind that up until now. Oh, we have an obligation, we have a right to shelter law, which means we need to put illegal immigrants in shelters. Well, that obviously uses up resources, and it well there's only a finite number of shelters that people can go into. So she's proposing a whole bunch of new restrictions for the shelter rights, tougher criminal background checks, establishing residency requirements, and prohibiting nearly any applicant who is not a US citizen or lawfully present in the country. How about that, don't come here, don't come to Massachusetts. You're not gonna have a place to sleep. Of course, that doesn't solve the homelessness problem that may result as a consequence of that, because presumably illegal immigrants will still come to Massachusetts. But certainly this is a step in the right direction. After learning the lessons of you know, guaranteed housing and guaranteed food and guaranteed everything for every single person who comes across the border, they're now dealing with reality. They've had a bunch of criminal busts and shelters. There was a rape of a disabled girl by one of the sheltered residents, and was also a one million dollar drug bus coupled with an AR fifteen that was found in one of these homeless shelters illegal immigrants. So positivity in there are positive movement in the right direction on that is, for his part, one of the local stories this morning, Joe and I were kind of laughing about whether this was actually going to happen or not, but have tab Provoll was asked about the illegal immigration system and this and situation under Donald Trump, which we all know is going to engage in some measure of deportation, had this to say to Sharon Coolidge over the enquire for President of the United States, backed by the Senate and House of representatives wants to do something as it relates to immigration, then they're going to do it. And there's no mayor in the country, particularly the mayor of a blue city in a red state, that's going to be able to do anything about it. He said, the cooperation should be as close as it is with the Biden administration. Look, I'm a Democratic, disagree with a lot of what President Trump's administration has said that they will prioritize on how they were governed. But this isn't about me as a person. This is about me as a mayor and how to strike a relationship and partnerships with everybody in order to put the city in the best possible position moving forward. And that includes not picking political fights that we know we are going to lose. What's most important to me is to have a strong, productive relationship with the Trump administration. As mayor, I was sworn in on the Constitution and the Charter, and it's my job to also uphold the law and to effectuate laws that have been passed. So it's a tough political position for me. Well, that sounds to me like he's not going to try to buck the system. I've read a bunch of different stories in different states. I think California allocated some odd fifty million dollars to help have organizations that will try to defend and stand in the way of the Trump administration's efforts to deport people. That's a polar opposite reaction and it's not something I would have expected out of pro Volt to make a statement like this, keep your popcorn out when Trump and the Ice agents come a calling for folks locally here living in the city of Cincinnati as to whether that position will actually be changed or he'll stick with this and at least not stand in the way. Mike hang on, I promise to take your call as soon as we return from the break. First, USA Insulation and outstanding product, and I love recommending it because people are always satisfied when they get their home phone. With USA Insallation's Premium phone, which has the highest R value market of any foam on the market. You can have your old home, older or old, however you perceive it to be insulated more or rather better than even modern homes that they're building now with the modern insulation. USA's foam is that great. And if you have insulation in the exterior walls, but it's really really old. Your home is a bit older. You can put the foam in with the insulation that will provide you this additional benefit. It makes you eligible for the twelve hundred dollars energy tax credit when you're doing your taxes for this year next year, of course, and it's only ninety nine dollars a month interest free. You may very well save that much every month. As long as your HVAC system is running, you are going to be saving and your house will be noticeably more comfortable from day one. It's a free inspection of free quotes. It don't hesitate to give them a call. Five one three three eight one three six two six three eight to one foam find them online at USA insulation dot net.
Speaker 12: Fifty five car the talk station. You said bye bye to big government now.
Speaker 2: Genleenen Weather a sundayday to day would high, a thirty nine rain overnight and maybe some wintery mix showing up thirty three overnight low. We'll have the rain till around noontime, then we get clouds after that. It's a warmer day though tomorrow forty two for the high. Clouds remain overnight, but it's going to drop down to twenty one and we're only going to see a high A twenty five on Sunday. We'll start out cloudy and they're out later twenty six. Right now, traffic times from the UCEL Traffic Center. Don't let injuries slow you down.
Speaker 11: That you see health orthopedics and sports medicine experts can help keep your moving casule the same day appointment at ucehealth dot com. Northbound seventy five. That's over a fifteen minute delay between Florence and downtown. Things start to clear as you get into the cut. After Kyle's southbound seventy five break. Lights continue to build out of Evendale towards the miateral and extra five minutes south two seventy five slows approaching the Carrol Cropper Bridge. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRCV talk Station.
Speaker 2: Seven fifty fifty five KRCD talk Station five one three seven fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three time and more to my inspiration and hope and showing that you know things might change for the better. Look, the FBI just closed down as DEI department. Many businesses, major corporations have done the same thing, getting rid of it and moving over toward the concept of merit. Merit after doing this test experiment for the past ten years or so since the Obama administration, everybody's finding out all these these organizations DEI doesn't help anybody. It brings down the efficiency of our business. Let's start hiring people based on the content of their character, not the color of their skin, for example. Mike, thanks for calling. Welcome to the fifty five KRC Morning Show.
Speaker 18: Hello, Thanks Gary, Brian, Thanks Brian.
Speaker 8: How are you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm doing well. What's on your mind today?
Speaker 18: Mike Good I'm an opportunist. I heard you saying on the radio ipen like anything to talk about to call in, So I called in to talk about Positively Mainstross, which is a benefit we're having at the Village Theater. We're having it on February second, and it's thirty bands that are going to get together and play and support a children's hospital cancer department, giving children's hope.
Speaker 3: And it's going to go all.
Speaker 18: Day and it's going to be a great time.
Speaker 10: Let's like raffles and auctions and all kinds of great things.
Speaker 2: You got a website for that one.
Speaker 18: Yeah, you can go to our Facebook page which is the Voyage Theater and then we also have the Village Theater website on the MIC's music page.
Speaker 2: Fantastic. Well, I wish you all the best for the charity, and I hope a lot of people show up and have a great time. And you get that many bands together and you got a lot of music, I think you can always guarantee it's going to be a great time. Appreciate the call, Mike, and thanks for doing the charity work. Let's see what Joe's got this morning. Joe, Welcome to the Morning Show. Happy Friday, Happy.
Speaker 3: After tried and God bless you and your family. Brian, thank you, sir, You're welcome. Just real quick, and as always I want to get your input. I'm optimistic as you are, but mostly because of the incarnations as opposed to activities so far. An example, I'm not averse to term limits, and I can say this because I'm an old man. I kind of like the idea of age limits. You know, get rid of this air intocracy, because if you're not going to be around long enough to suffer consequences, you shouldn't be making decisions for that generation. And I think it's going to take more than a four year term for a good president.
Speaker 2: Your thoughts, Well, I understand, I don't know. I vacillate on term limits. Sometimes I think they're a great idea. In others I don't. The idea of term limits to me is is appealing when I think about as long as they're not there, as long as they're for a finite amount of time, then they are probably going to tend to be more honest and not going to use that re election after reelection after reelection for their own personal financial benefit and advantage because so many of them and you don't make that much. I mean, we've got to work in Washington, d C. And you make one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars a year. Yeah, good luck on that. But they get a lot of perks. They don't have to pay for meals a lot and things like that. But you know, how can you go in to office and make that level of salary and leave a multi multi millionaire. You know, it's just beyond my comprehension. How is brock Obacha owner of a Barack Obama owner of multiple mansions? How is it that Joe Biden is retiring a multi millionaire? He's got a bunch of different houses reju Ho Beach, and we can go on up and down the line. They use the office, and these have quite often for corrupt purposes, to serve their own best interest. So a term limit, I think would reduce the opportunity for that kind of thing to happen. I don't think it would eliminate it. But and in terms of age, you know, I don't know that age is this positive because of course the older you get, the smarter you become. I think, the wiser you become. You've got so many life examples, things that you've seen, mistakes that people have made, the consequences, and you can factor all those in and make a more informed decision. What really worries me is not someone who's older, unless of course you're demonstrably impaired, like Joe Biden. Someone who's older has that wisdom. But someone who is younger. And you got a guy like what is that David Hogg, that anti gun advocate who's running for office. I mean, I don't know how old that kid is. And you look at a guy like, you know, PG Sittenfeld, who was a really really young guy when he went into office. They don't have any life experience. They don't know about the inner workings of government. I know you got to start somewhere, But you know, I've told this story a bunch of times. A twenty two year old or twenty year old somebody emailed me at one time told me how old he was and what he wanted to do. He said, I want to do what you're doing for a living. He wanted to be talking about politics on the air. He's probably got a podcast by this time. We're going back. She's like twelve years or more. And I said, I could not do this job absent the sixteen years I practiced law fresh out of college. Put me behind a microphone. I mean, I was politically aware, and I was big into politics before I went to college. My political you know, I got engaged in politics when I was in high school, Thank you, Chuck Burkholtz. But did I have enough knowledge and wisdom to be a representative or a senator? Hell no. So I have a profound appreciation for that kind of life experience. If you're healthy and you're cognitively you know sound, and you've got great ideas, you can apply that life experience. So term limits maybe, but age limits I don't know. Sometimes seems kind of arbitrary to me. Seven fifty six five KRC the Talk Station. Well, we'll keep our fingers crossed. I'm supposed to have doctor Charles Kamarta. He's a retired astronaut and he's got a book, Mission out of Control. He wants to talk to you about. We'll talk with him, hopefully off top of the hour news. Other than that, we'll take phone calls to stick around from.
Speaker 7: A full rundown, and the biggest headlines there's minutes away at the top of the hour.
Speaker 2: I'm giving you a fact now the Americans should know.
Speaker 7: Fifty five KRS the talk station, your morning news on the way to work, and all.
Speaker 2: Day in fault check in throughout the day. Fifty five KRC, the Talk Station, eighth five. Here at fifty five KCY Talk Station, A very happy Friday to you intrigued about this book. I'm happy to welcome to the fifty five Carcy Morning Show doctor Charles Kamara, author of the book. We're going to be talking about Mission out of Control and astronaut's odyssey to fix high risk organizations and prevent tragedy. He is, as the book suggests, and astronaut. What a cool thing to say. You are research engineer and venor author, educator, internationally recognized expert and invited speaker on subjects regarding engineering, engineering, design, innovation, safety, organizational behavior and education. He's got more than sixty technical publications, hold nine patents, and over twenty national and international awards. That could go on for hours on his background. He retired from NASA and May twenty nineteen after forty five years of continuous research as our continuous service as a research engineer and technical manager at Langley Research Center. Who's Director of Engineering at Johnson Space Center and Senior Advisor for Innovation and Engineering at Development at Langley. Welcome to the Morning Show, doctor Kimarta. It is a pleasure to have you on today.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Briant. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: I mean, I got it being an astronaut. To me, that's just fascinating, and you probably won't. You're a very small slice of the entire population. I'm just kind of wondering whether you would rather be referred to as astronaut doctor Charles Kermonda or doctor astronaut Charles Kermona, because I would always want to put that in when I was introducing myself.
Speaker 9: You know, Brian, most people call me Charlie.
Speaker 2: There you go, well, Charles Mission, out of Control, Astronauts, Honesty to fit the high risk organization and prevent tragedy. First off, what I think I have an understanding as to why what prompted you to write this book before we start talking about what the book is intended to do.
Speaker 15: Well, as you said, I worked for NASSA for over forty five years and it was an amazing organization when I was a young researcher at Mass aligned with but it changed, it watched its way. We stopped doing real applied reach church. We started becoming a production organization, especially on the human space flight side, and we started just looking at operating vehicles and flying them in space, and we lost our touch with our research routs and we lost our capability to actually understand when we had critical problems.
Speaker 2: So am I correct to understand? You were on the team that led the investigation why the Columbia Space Shuttle blew up?
Speaker 9: Well, I didn't lead the team.
Speaker 15: I led one of the teams that was investigating the technical cause of the problem, and that was the impact. And we use some of my good friends Matt Mellis and some of Kelly Carney and some of the great people at Glenn Research Center right there in Cleveland.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, when I was reading through the materials, I did write Boeing down here because Boeing has been plagued with problems. They make the planes, but they don't you know, let like, for example, what they are pilots know. They changed the software, they have, you know, the poor performance in terms of manufacturing. They have a product, but they have breakdowns in manufacturing that obviously can lead and have led to the loss of life. Is that sort of an illustration of the of the like a company to whom you would focus this book or directed their attention to this book.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, a lot of companies. It's a very similar problem.
Speaker 15: Because what we learned after the Columbia accident was that the primary cause of the of the accident was the culture. And what you saw after the seven thirty seven Max accidents with Boeing is they came to the same conclusion. Boeing lost this way, just like National loss this way. Technical excellence was no longer and safety were no longer the key primary focus of the organization. It got bobbed down with the bottom line, market share, profit and that's a very similar but different reasons came very focused on production schedule and budget and keeping the programs alive, and it's become a bladed bureaucracy. And what I realized, what I learned in the research writing the book, is that what other people missed was there's a difference between technical excellence, technical people, good engineers, and what I call research engineers. And so I described the elements that make up a good research a good learning organization like what Boeing used to be, just like NASA was, and how that could lead to a very toxiculture which becomes psychologically unsafe. People are afraid to speak up, and then bad things happen and the accidents recur, just like Challenger and Columbia.
Speaker 2: Well, you mentioned bottom line profit share and market share and profit all being primary drivers and to the exclusion of perhaps this intense focus on perhaps safety. But on a similar note, I kind of think that maybe, like if you look at DEI departments, they're focus on culture and they're focused on social issues and issues that transcend any given companies primary focus, which would be should be providing a quality product and or service to their customers. Is that another form of sort of a lack of focus or improper direction that we could point to.
Speaker 15: Well, diversity is good, right, It helps us create, It helps us come with very innovative solutions. But dei and quotas and getting away from merit talkers. Yeah, you know, a good research organization is knowledge is key, and you have deference to the people that have that expertise, and you always have to develop those skills and maintain those standards.
Speaker 2: Well, are you concerned about the state of education in the United States because we seem to be turning out young people who just are taught to the test, but not taught to critically think. I mean, it's one of the reasons why I love law schools so much, because it was a socratic method, that back and forth and that delving down and looking into and analyzing, you know, in that particular case, different areas of law. But it was a wonderful teaching method. We don't seem to be teaching children logic and reason anymore. Is there a shortage of that? Is that part of the cultural problem here?
Speaker 15: You're absolutely correct. When I was reassigned at mathif was speaking up, I started diving into how do we train our young engineers and education in general around the United States. As a matter of fact, I started a five oh one to three c educational nonprofit clots called the Ethic Education Foundation, where we used a challenge based learning approach. And yeah, absolutely correct. Lawyers do this. They think critically, They look at all different sides of an argument. And you have this free environment where you could have this discourse. You can have these disagreements, but you relied on the facts and the knowledge, and the knowledge that was verified by tests and analysis.
Speaker 2: Okay, So in in a corporate environment, moving away from you know, lawyers, you know talking and advocating on behalf of their clients and sort of thinking around the different challenges they face. But in a corporate environment, I think you alluded to it earlier. People have this reluctance to hold their hand of and say no, no, that's a dumb idea because of the you know, am I going to lose my job? Am I going to embarrass my boss? I can't do that. I'm not going to be the longest feese up.
Speaker 15: That's exactly what you're talking about. A psychological safety Amianmenson wrote a book to feel this organization about this, and I talk about this in my book how in a real a true research culture, a true research environment. This is this is absolutely critical. And so when I spoke about my book and culture to the senior executives at Boeing and I told them how ugly the culture was and the environment was at NASA's they their eyes were wide open. But people were coming up to me and saying, you know what, Charlie, the culture is worth at Boeing. And I didn't believe them. But that was six months before the first of the first Yon, that crash of seven thirty seven, and then six months later you had the ETHOPI and Allins crash and the body cell out of Boeing. And so what I was trying to tell the Bowie senior executives after the seven thirty seven crash was that you need to listen to your people. People are telling you there are major problems, but their voices of being needed and they're being canceled.
Speaker 2: Well, part of me, let me ask you this, sir. And then again I guess is astronaut doctor Charles kamarda Mission out of Control and astronauts Odyssey to fix High risk organizations and prevent tragedies sort of. The subtitles suggests high risk organizations. Who did you write the book for? Was it for the public at large? Are you focusing on, you know, corporate culture and your leaders and executives within companies.
Speaker 15: Originally I focused on it as a way to help fix massive but what I realized was when NASA wasn't listening, there were many organizations that have this very similar problem. And so the second half of the book I talk about ways that we could fix this problem, how we could use technology, how we could to train people differently, how we can build what I call these five key principles of a research culture.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess there's probably you know, using Boeing as an illustration and NASA's an illustration, I would imagine there is a different mindset among the employees that in the private sector, Yeah, you run the risk of losing your job, you run the risk of getting fired for incompetence. But I would think in a government environment, you're less likely to face any well penalty for maybe not doing work or for maybe causing a problem or something. There's a sort of a protection element in government jobs. It seems to not exist in the private sector. Is there a distinction between them and along the lines of what you're talking about, it's.
Speaker 15: Not really, because you know, I spoke up after I flew in space. I became director of engineering, and when I saw problems with safety, I spoke up in a flight readiness review and I was reassigned three days later. So if you can imagine an astronaut being silenced, it can happen to anyone. And while you don't might lose your job, you might lose your position, you might lose your voice, and you're placed in a terrible situation where you no longer can do the job that you loved. People will not treat you the same because you're no longer you're a piranha, You're a pariah, your persona non grata.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, well, doctor. Obviously, in the book, you identify the general concepts we're talking about the problem that we face, and I presume that you offer an outline solutions to these problems, practical solutions that people in the business world can incorporate.
Speaker 9: Absolutely.
Speaker 15: I have key things for leaders to look for signs that the culture is going awry. I talk about technical use of technology to help us identify when an individual team, because it only takes one small team to be dysfunctional, like the team that was working on the ownings or the team that was analyzing the impact of foam on Columbia. You have one dysfunctional team and it could cause a tragedy. So I highlight several ideas for how do you build a psychologically safe environment, a knowledge based hierrocky where you encourage people to fail and learn by failure, and how you're transparent, how you share information openly and you encourage competing ideas.
Speaker 2: I love the sound of it. It sounds practical and logical and reasonable to me. Astronaut doctor Charles Kamarta, author of Mission out of Control and astronauts Odyssey to Fix High Risk Organization and Prevent Tragedy. Doctor, we have your book on my blog page fifty five KRC dot com. I sounds to me like there's a lot of business owners out there in my audience it would love to get a copy of this, and I'm sure they will. Well, thank you for spending time with my listeners and I today and identifying this problem so we can work on solutions, sir, That's what.
Speaker 9: It's all about. Thank you very much for having me, Brian.
Speaker 2: My pleasure, Absolutely, my pleasure. It's eight eighteen right now, fifty five krc V talk station. Feel free to call you had a couple of callers online as we went into the break. If you guys want to call back, Joe'll open up the phone lines and I'll be happy to talk with you. Otherwise I get to pick the subject matter. Five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five eight hundred eight two three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones, fifty five KRC dot com. These times of massive inflation have people just like you strapped.
Speaker 9: As far as my debt, I was drowning.
Speaker 2: In eight twenty two.
Speaker 12: These are.
Speaker 9: Renses to.
Speaker 2: CLU, wonderful world. I was like, totally, It just depends on where you're looking. Two three found five fifty on AT and T phones. I guess it is, uh in some degree a good thing. Uh, maybe it's a wonderful world that Benjamin Yahoo and the Hamas whoever signs on the dotted line for Hamas have now entered into the ceasefire agreement for the in the Gaza strip and ultimately free Israeli hostages and other hostages. And of course there were some bumps in the road. Yesterday looked like they had assigned deal and then Hamas was accused of renigging on parts of the original agreement. Will apparently they got details ham burned out. So the full cabinet in Israel will take up the deal today, likely to go in effect on Monday, according to people familiar with the matter. So I just see the fighting end. I suppose give it a loss of life, but Juststrekker and I remain jaded and cynical that that deal is going to stick anyhow. Was going through a different a couple of different things, you know, looking for optimism at all the craziness going on in the world, And I talked about obviously Trump getting elected in and of itself is a sign of optimism considering most of these running on, you know, immigration for example, and lowering regulations, you know, a variety of different things that seem to be more and more appealing every single day. It's as if, you know, after talking to the doctor there, people woke up to the reality we've got a problem on our hands, like the California wildfire. Problem after problem after problem, the defunding of the fire departments, the not doing and following through projects that would have cleaned up some of the brush and reduced the you know, likelihood of this massive conflagration they've got going on, just one thing after another. See you step back from that. If it happens to you enough times and over and over again, then you might start looking for the source of the problem. And I think people caught on and the source of the problem of these fatcrap insane ideas like DEI for example, I talked about it earlier in the morning with the Federal of the FBI shut down its DEEI department in December, just close it down because it didn't have anything to do with fulfilling their mission. Going back again to the doctor, what is your mission with fighting crime and catching bad guys? Okay? Does that have anything to do with teaching people who are responsible for fighting crime and catching bad guys? Teaching them about cultural issues, spending many valuable hours that could be used to search for bad guys and fighting crime or solving crime, Spending many valuable hours like sort of trying to meld people into particular mindset, no one for all, all for one fight crime. It's like peek Hegzath leading the military what does he want. He wants a strong fighting force. Doesn't matter where you're gay, or you're a lesbian or whatever. We're going to be looking for the best and brightest people who are capable of fulfilling the mission. Killing people and breaking things is the way I like to sum it up. That's what we do, that's what we should be focused on. And it's not that he has anything against women generally. He just wants to make sure that if you're going to put a woman out in combat, that she's capable of well being able to do the job. Going back to the LA fires, what was the LA fire chiefs? Since that you're in the wrong place and it's your fault for being there if I can't pick you up and haul you out, Is that what you want a firefighter?
Speaker 15: No.
Speaker 2: One of the lists of things I'd want from a firefighter is a person man or woman who is capable of picking me up and dragging me out. I may have my legs crushed, I may be in a precarious position. It may not have been my fault. What's the focus of your mission is what are you trying to accomplish? Give me the people who are capable of doing that and train them to do that. And if they want to hang out and go to a club on the weekend or participate in some sort of protest on the weekend when they're not at work where they're supposed to be doing their job either killing people or breaking things or fighting crime, just as an illustration of a couple of things, then let them. Yeah, go ahead, just don't incorporate it into the business model. A twenty six fifty five KRCD talk station local stories or phone calls that's coming up. Hope you can stick around.
Speaker 17: This is fifty five KARC and iHeartRadio station, the simply Money.
Speaker 2: Here's your nine first on one forecast, sunny day for the most part, thirty nine for the high down to thirty three overnight with rain moving in. There may be a wintery mix of company that depending on how cold it is and where you are. Ray will stick aroun until about noon tomorrow and they'll be leaving us with cloudy skies. But it's going to be warmared of our enjoy at forty two. It's not gonna last one down A twenty one overnight with clouds, an early cloudy day on Sunday with sun showing up later in the day. I have just twenty five twenty degrees right now. Time for a traffic update from the UCL Traffic Center. Don't let injuries slow you down.
Speaker 11: The uce Health Orthopedics and supports medicine experts can help keep you moving. Schedule a same day appointment at ucehealth dot com. As a broken down southbound seventy one just after you got to pass the Reagan Highway, They're in the right lane. But even with that, I'm not seeing a huge delay at all. From Feiffer southbound seventy five continues an extra five through Walkland northbound seventy five under a ten minute delay between Buttermilk and Town. Shock Ingram on fifty five kr C the talk station.
Speaker 2: Eight thirty fifty five kr CD talk station, Happy Friday to you. It's got some great plans for the weekend. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five, eight hundred eight two to three talk Time five fifty on AT and T phones. I heard Media Aviation Nextphet Jay Ratliff yesterday on aviation issues and it's a fun conversation. And Teddy can't listen live to that. I think it's worth a click on the podcast page. Fifty five care sea dot com certainly worth listening to. My conversation with Senator Rand Paul yesterday went over a variety of different things. Also on the podcast page plus help Americans for Prosperity. Save the Trump tax cuts so critically important that we keep those in place. They would ruin the economy tremendously if they are taken away. And again we have a spending problem, not a tax revenue problem. That's fifty five care sea dot com. Y Also year iHeart Media app stream all of the audio from the entire iHeart library there and again podcast There's a fire this morning. In terms of local stories, firefighters responded to a fire this morning at a building occupied by a construction business on Sutton Place, right off Princeton Glendale Road. Westchester. Fire chief said the crews arrived at the scene about three o'clock this morning. Firefighters said part of the building's roof had already collapsed. No injuries, though, thankfully the chief in spite of the severity of the fire, portion of Princeville Glennen Glendell was shut down for a while. Cause of the fire is under investigation and they're investigating how the flame started and to access the extent of the damage. Looks like a pretty sizable fire and what else is going on? Shootout Jess Drekker's neighborhood, cole Ringe Township. We have two dad and one in critical condition at UC Medical Center. According to the spokesperson for Coleraine Township, police were actively investigating yesterday. Had to shut down some of the businesses there outside the Walgreens and the Popeyes on either side of Coleraine Avenue, I guess opposite each other. A spokesperson said that two people who died were near the Popeyes. The person that was taken to the hospital was found at the Walgreens across the street, so the officers are no longer investigating at the scenes. The Popeyes, Dunkin Donuts, and Shell gas station had to remain close throughout the balance of the day yesterday, and they haven't yet provided any information on a possible suspect. Spokesman said the investigators are currently believed the shooting was targeted. I trust that they would love to hear from you. If you have any information relating to the shooting, get in touch with the col Ring Township Police Department. I mentioned this earlier in different contexts. But after Purval was asked about Joe Biden or about Donald Trump's immigration policy, speaking with Sharon Coolidge from The Inquirer, because we all know Donald Trump is going to do something about the outrageous situation we have because of the open borders policy under the Biden administration. He's going to start with, as I understand it, the criminal element. Seems to me, if you've been convicted of a crime, you know that should result in immediately being kicked out of our country. But you learn time after time, and I got a couple other different stories about it, time after time that you know, someone is caught convict committing some heinous crime, illegal immigrant, and you find out they got a rap sheet as long as your arm since entering our country, and yet they remain get let free out on the streets time after time after time. So anyway, since Cincinnati has declared itself a sanctuary city, Parvall was asked about this. Parwal pledges the city of Cincinnati will nonetheless follow Trump Administration's directives. I thought this was rather interesting. I wouldn't expect this that I have to have, Parvall. He said, if the President of the United States back by the Senate and the House Representatives wants to do something as it relates to immigration, then they're going to do it. And there's no mayor in the country, particularly a mayor of a blue city in a red state, that's going to be able to do anything about it. The cooperation should be as close as it is with the Biden administration. Look, I'm a Democrat, he said. I disagree a lot with a lot of what President Trump's administration has said that they will prioritize on how they will govern, But this isn't about me as a person. This is about me as a mayor and how to strike a relationship and partnership with everybody in order to put the city in the best position moving forward. And that includes not picking political fights that we know we're going to lose. What's most important to me is having a strong, productive relationship with the Trump administration, said, I was sworn in on the Constitution in the Charter, and it's my job to also uphold the law and to effectuate laws that have been passed. Calling it a tough position for sure, given their political differences. So I think I got my popcorn out on that. It will remain to be seen. But we do have a sizable illegal immigrant population in the greater Cincinnati area. I know it's not widely reported, but many folks that may be subject to deportation at least at some point under the Trump administration. So I will see if he keeps to his word and allows Immigrations and Customs Enforcement to do its job and the Trump administration to follow through with the policies that it has promised the American people. Eight thirty five Right now, feel free to call. We've got time five point three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk. I'll be right back after these brief words. Fifty five KRC, the talk station. Here's your nine first ony on forecast. Mostly sunny skies today with a high thirty nine, down to thirty three overnight with rain moving in the area, which we'll hang around until noon about noon tomorrow overnight little thirty three, high forty two tomorrow, so the rain moves out, we'll have plotty skies after that, and then it's dropping down to twenty one overnight with potty skies, and I I have just twenty five on Sunday with early clouds and clear skies later. I understand it's going to be even colder and the next coming days after that. Right now, though it's twenty eight degrees. Anti for a traffic update, Chuck.
Speaker 11: From the UCLP Tram Things Center. Don't let injury slow you down. The UCE Health Orthopedic sands sports medicine experts can help keep you moving. Schedule a same day appointment at you see health dot com. Southbound seventy five continues slow through walk on and now an accident on South seventy five near Aser Charles has the center lane blocked off. You'll need a couple of extra minutes into downtown northbound seventy five. That's an extra five between Buttermilk and the bridge. Chuck ing ramonth fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: They say thirty nine fifty five KERCD talk station. Happy Friday. By the way, I thought it was a rather interesting exchange between Scott Descent, the President of Elect Trump's nomine to lead the Treasury Department, and Bernie Sanders got into a little mix up the other day. Since what we're doing all these hearings. You may recall, during his farewell speech to the nation, Biden talked about an oligarchy taking shape in America of extreme wealth, power and influence that literally threatens our entire democracy, our basic rights, freedoms, and a fair shot for everyone to get ahead. Bernie Sanders, for hip part, came out saying I agree with Biden on that, calling out specifically Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Mark Zuckerberg, who have well, at least Elon Musk we've known has been on the right side for a little while. Anyway, Bezos and Zuckerberg obviously working with the Biden administration, these evil oligarchs to suppress information from you and me. Zuckerberg came out and came out swinging about that how the people over the DJ would yell at them and scream at them. You cannot allow this to be posted, most notably in connection with COVID. But the sent said, the three billionaires you listed, you, Bernie Sanders, all made their money themselves, and you've also put it out mister Musk came to the country as an immigrant. Sanders cut him off, reiterated his question. Sent for his part, said, well, I would note that President Biden gave the Presidential Medal of Freedom to two people who I think would qualify for his oligarchs, notably George Soros and David Rubinstein. This is not a combination of any one individual. Sanader said, I'm just asking you, so, with so few people having so much wealth and power, do you think this is an oligarch form of society, Senator, I think it depends on the the ability to move up and down the income, in other words, swing and to fight a couple of shots there in favor of capitalism. You have the freedom. You can educate yourself. You can go out into the world. You can provide the world with some benefit that it doesn't have. You can build a business, you can hire people, or you can be someone else and do something else. Thankfully, we have people that are as smart as Elon Musk and Bezos and Zuckerberg who build big businesses and provide us with employment opportunities. Then he was asked us as Sanders asked him if he would raise the federal minimum wage to what he calls a living wage. Which is kind of a joke too, because when you start seeing the numbers out of California, most notably Los Angeles during the fire, and how much money it takes to live out there is anybody out there even making the federal minimum wage, which has been seven dollars and twenty five cents since two thousand and nine. No, the economic conditions are out there are dramatically different about the lowest paying job in California in that area is probably like twenty bucks or more. The market sets that, and that's what Descent was pointing to when he responded to him, Senator, I believe the minimum wage is more of a state and regional issue. In response, Center says, so, you don't think we should change the federal minimum wage. We have seven to twenty five an hour. His response a flat out no, sir. Good for him. It is a regional issue in spite of the fact there's a seven to twenty five minimum wage. You know, in order to get any young person these days to get up off their button away from the PlayStation, you're gonna have to pay them a little bit more money. Whether they stick around and onto their commitment to their jobs is a different thing. But speaking of George Soros, George Soros's Open Society Foundation leftists. It is and it always funds these left leaning organizations which seek to undermine American interest across the board, which makes it a joke that he got the Freedom Award. I mean, of all the people in the world, Joe Biden could say that would be an embarrassment. The Presidential Medal of Freedom. What has George Sours done for America? Well, I know what he's done for Jewish Voice for Peace. He's given him more than six hundred thousand dollars six hundred fifty thousand dollars since twenty seventeen to fund human rights works in work in the Middle East. Jewish Voice for a prominent anti Israel group that is responsible for organizing illegal protests attacking the Jewish state, Well, they got busted. Committed federal loan fraud to obtain a six figure COVID relief check. According to an announcement by our own Department of Justice. They claim that JVP falsely persuaded for portrayed itself as a non political group to obtain over three hundred thousand dollars in a federal paycheck protection funding, and they were forced to pay back double the amounts six hundred and seventy seven thousand and change to the federal go meant to settle the allegations that were made under the False Claims Act. Now they've also been suspended from college campuses for organizing pro hamas rallies. Lawmakers have called on the IRS also revoked JVP's tax exempt status because the group has supported illegal encampments at universities and in their words as a history of sharing anti Semitic tropes, suppressing support for expressing support for violence and terrorism, and vil vilifying Zionism and Zionists. According to federal prosecutors, this Soros funded organization applied for and received a second drawdown loan and forgiveness of the paycheck Protection Program, which was not open to groups primarily engaged in political activity. So as part of the application process, they claimed they were quote not a business concern or entity primarily engaged in political or law being activities close quote. However, accurt to the Department of Justice, their investigation reveal the JVP was actually primarily engaged in political activities. Now the comical response from this again George Soro's funded organization, which is anti Semitic the group. The group told authorities that its false claims were in their word, inadvertent. You got to fill out the forms to get the loan. Under the VPP. You have to declare that you're not politically involved and not primarily engaged in politics. They can't even look at themselves and give themselves an honest assessment. That's really all that they do inadvertent. What is that I slipped or something? Anyway, at least they've been brought to justice. Sate forty six, fifty five KC detalk station one more segment. I hope you can spend it with me.
Speaker 4: I'll be right back fifty five KRC this month, OBGS, give it a work.
Speaker 2: One final time for the Channel nine First Warning weather forecast. Got a sunny day in our hands today with a high on thirty nine, down to thirty three overnight with rain and media wintery mix. They gonna stick around till noon tomorrow. Tomorrow's high forty two. It'll clear out after that, just cloudy over Saturday night. Remain cloudy down to twenty one degrees and a high have just twenty five on Sunday with early clouds and clearing skies later.
Speaker 9: In the day.
Speaker 2: Twenty eight Right now times final traffic chuck from the.
Speaker 1: UC Health Traffic Center.
Speaker 11: Don't let injuries slow you down. The UC Health Orthophoenix sam sports medicine experts can help keep you moving. Schedule a same day appointment at u seehealth dot com. Steth Bend seventy five continues slow through Lachlan and now break lights from above the Western.
Speaker 2: Hills, fire duck into downtown.
Speaker 11: There's a six car accident at Ezer Charles left center lane northbound seventy five. Break for flights continued from Buttermilk into the cut Chuck Ingramont fifty five KARS Deep talk station.
Speaker 2: AS eight forty nine at fiftybou KRCD talk station, A very happy Friday jam. It's Monday. It's Martin Luther King Junior Day, of course, Inauguration Day absolutely and Christopher Smitheman smither vent day. Every Monday at seven twenty we start a few segments with the former vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati. I love talking to him. Money Monday with Brian James, always valuable financial information on that as well. Let's see here over the weekend. I guess the TikTok ban' is supposed to go in effect, and they're all backpedaling now. They're all both Republicans and Democrats, and there's been some wild speculation that Joe Biden would try to extend the right for TikTok to continue operations even though they haven't been sold to an American buyer. He may recall last year Biden signed into law a bill that required TikTok's China based parent, Byte Edance, to divest the company by January nineteenth. That's Sunday a question mark on whether or not that was going to move through. There is a provision in the agreement which allows for an extension as long as a viable deal is on the table, but there isn't one right now. So if you had an active American buyer, you know, negotiating and still haggling over the details of some acquisition, then that would be of valid grounds for an extension, But right now, no one is in sight. I know it was realm arked. He rumored Elon Musk was going to buy it, but I doubt that, given his current position and activity with the Trump administration, the optics on that would would fly with anybody. But I find this rather comical because both Democrats and Republican in spite of this being a bipartisan thing and passed into law, they're both scrambled to try to get this thing this block from kicking in. Not everybody, but a lot of them. So Democrats had tried to pass the legislation on Wednesday that would have extended the deadline, but Tom Cotton, Arkansas Republican blocked it, pointing out the obvious TikTok is a Chinese Communist Party, communist spy app that addicts our kids, harvests their data, targets them with harmful and manipulative content, and spreads communist propaganda, summing it up quite nicely. Now, the Supreme Court heard oral arguments for the legal challenge that TikTok filed trying to stay in business and prevent this from happening, this legislation from going through, and we haven't seen a decision yet, although it's likely. The analyst for the Supreme Court hearing oral arguments suggest that it seems likely that Supreme Court will allow the law to be upheld. But it just is remarkable to me that right now lommakers are both parties who overwhelmingly voted for this bill are now trying to wiggle out of it. Why because there are one hundred and seventy million TikTok users in the United States, all of many of whom I would argue our voters. I think they're obviously a large percentage of people young people on there, but a lot of adults use TikTok as well. And when you do something like this, it's, you know, it's like getting punished. And some people make a lot of money off of TikTok. That's the other thing. These so called social media influencers, they generate revenue, and they're screaming and yelling that you're taking away our revenue source. But what's more important protecting someone's social media platform revenue source and allowing the Chinese Communist Party to continue collecting all of this data to their own benefit, or forcing that those social medias move gravitate over to some other social media site and enforce the law and thus protect America's society generally speaking. And I found it really kind of pathetic that someone would whine about having the rug pulled out from on TikTok. You know, just turn over to someone, say the East work in the coal mines or owned a coal company. You know, our environmental policies require us to shut you down or regulate you out of existence. What about their jobs? That happens all the time with government regulations. They regulate you right out of business, and if you don't have a strong enough lobby, well sucks to be you. And speaking of energy policy, I got a big kick out of this. I don't know if it's because the Trump administration coming in or they just realized it was not feasible, but California's Air Resources Board sent a letter on January fourteenth to the US Environmental Protection Agency withdrawing its prior waiver requests that would have forced a transition from diesel to zero emission semi tractor trailers in the state. The dumbest thing they could have ever passed. The tractor trailers are three four times more expensive than regular diesel trucks, they go a fraction of the distance. It would increase transportation costs dramatically, and more fundamentally, they don't have the infrastructure to have to provide the charging stations to keep these trucks moving down the road. But isn't it interesting that California has pulled the plug on its own proposal. California's withdrawing it's pending waiver and authorization request that USCPA has not acted on yet. But we're disappointed that they were unable to act on the request and in time. Withdrawal is an important step given the uncertainty presented by the incoming administration that previously attack California's programs to protect public health and the climate and has said we'll continue to oppose these programs. Well, I think it's more the California Trucking Association and the reality that this is an absolute impossibility. Eric Sower, CEO of California Trucking Association, said, The California Drug Association has consistently stated the Advanced Clean Fleet's rule was unachievable. Unachievable. It's like the politician who was told, well, the laws of physics don't allow don't stand in the way of your cafe standards or whatever they were specifically talking about, and the idiot responded by saying, well, why don't why don't we repeal the law of physics? Yeah, forcing everybody into an electric truck that they can't afford isn't gonna work, because, well, where do I plug it in? A fifty six fifty five car se detalk station tune in Monday for Smitheman and Monday Monday have a great weekend everybody. Thank you Joe Strecker for all that you do produce in the program. I sure appreciate it. And get on over the podcast page fifty five cars dot com, especially if you can get a chance to listen to Dave Hatter this morning. Again, folks, have a wonderful weekend and okawgg Glenbeck's up next. Los Angeles is still smoldering. We are not out of this yet.
Speaker 7: Hear about it, Talk about it, fifty five KRS, the talk station.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by Rapid Radio