Speaker 1: Sydney Sweeney. Is she still in the headlines from the Bezos wedding? Yes? All right, details in just a moment. By the way, the New f One movie starring Brad Pitt had a good opening weekend fifty five and a half million dollars. Yeah we contributed to that, Yeah we did.
Speaker 2: And it was really good. It's a great movie.
Speaker 1: It's just such a good movie. I got to do a little bit of a back and forth with a guy on YouTube that saw my review of it.
Speaker 2: He just wrote, You're the type of guy that would like it, and I was like, right.
Speaker 1: I was like, what, Well, since you don't know anything about me, what type of guy am I?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: And then he which was pretty cool, So I'm sorry, man. I was just saying that you're the type a non fan is going to really love the movie. He goes, but us F one guys are going to struggle to watch it. Oh, And I was like, okay.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, I mean I can see that it was It was just his delivery, right.
Speaker 1: And I normally don't get into back and forth on social media. Once in a while, I just can't help myself, I really can't. I just can't help myself.
Speaker 4: I know, sometimes you read something and you're like, yeah, whatever, you just you know, go respond, But I mean that was kind of aggressive, a little aggressive.
Speaker 1: I did respond to one the other day about something. This was on Reddit and someone was talking about and we don't get political in this show, but he was talking about, can you believe it? We're six months into this administration and we've already got wars all over the place and we didn't have any for the last four years. And I commented underneath it, I was like, who wants to tell him? Who would like to tell this person? Little thing going on in the Ukraine, the Congo.
Speaker 2: All the other places.
Speaker 1: Stories we will I'm sorry, I don't have your fancy and yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: That's all right, all right, you guys.
Speaker 4: Sidney Sweeney he was one of the mini celebrity guests. She was one of the many celebrity guests at the Bezos and Lauren Sanchez wedding in Italy over the weekend. Other people like Leonardo DiCaprio, Oprah Winfrey, Bill Gates, all the Kardashians were there.
Speaker 1: We're not all invited at first? Did you know that it was just Kim and Mom were invited. Then Mom went to work and was like, I need to get all the girls in Bibra. Really he did. Yeah, I did not know about that.
Speaker 4: But apparently if all the stars that were there, the center of attention was on Sydney Sweeney.
Speaker 2: She always to give a couple of reasons why.
Speaker 4: I can think of two very upfront reasons why. But she is the one that everybody wanted to hang out with. Everybody wanted to talk to her. She's apparently the it girl right now. All the guys that talked to her talked about how stunning she is in real life.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: So as a result of all of these guys being there, now any guy that she was photographed talking to, according to the press, she's now in a relationship.
Speaker 2: To Tom Brady's one of them.
Speaker 3: Tom Brady.
Speaker 4: They apparently danced a lot, they hung out. I don't know what a lot is according to the press. It's not like the press was inside to see what they were doing. But now, just in the last what three days, Sidney Sweeney has been linked to Tom Brady because they danced together, and she's also being linked to Orlando Bloom who, by the way, he and Katie Perry just broke up because they were seen walking together in Venice.
Speaker 2: Oh they're just digging for a strong Oh.
Speaker 3: My gosh, but it's all over her.
Speaker 4: Literally, any guys she talked to, she's being linked to, is having a relationship.
Speaker 2: That's why you want to be invited to that wedding. It's good for your career.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 1: Can I just say real quick, and I don't want to get too soap boxy on this. How much was spent on this wedding?
Speaker 3: Well? I heard a.
Speaker 4: Twenty million dollar price tag, and then when it actually was going on, I heard it was up to fifty million.
Speaker 1: Twenty million or fifty million. I'm sorry, that's disgusting amount of money to pay for a wedding. I'm sorry, it's gross. It's just gross. I don't care how much money you have. That's gross. Yeah, sorry, sorry.
Speaker 4: Just because you have it, Yeah, you shouldn't spend it. I feel like I would be embarrassed. I would too to have that if I even if I was like I really want to spend this amount of money, I feel like.
Speaker 1: It would be hard. I'd be embarrassed for people to know that, right, I would do everything I could to keep it quiet.
Speaker 4: I know, And it's not to mean that that man cannot spend his money the way that he he wants to. Of course, it's his money. Yeah, but I also think you got to read the room a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, read the universe. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it's just I'm sorry we have people will disagree with me, and I agree. You can spend your money every way you want, but you don't have to be so public about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But no matter what he did, it when it in public, no matter where they went or what they did, it would have been public the type of wedding that they had.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's just a lot of money to get married. Yeah, yeah, stupid, That is anything else on old Sin No.
Speaker 3: Simmy Sweeney though she think everybody apparently.
Speaker 2: Good for her. That's the story we love. Stay with us.
Speaker 1: We've got more coming up on one O three point one, Austin's eighties station. Hey, it's JV and Sandy for our friends at Koala Cooling, Scott and Stacy. The same great folks behind kangaroof are the folks who bring you Koala Cooling and Plumbing. Do you ever hear those same JB The dog days of summer, and do you know what it actually means.
Speaker 5: It means you can't go outside. You want to stay in your air condition home. I interpret that.
Speaker 1: True, but it actually has history with astrology, the ancient Greeks and the Dog Star constellation. Hey, that's great, great to know. But right here on planet Texas, I just know it's hot, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we hit triple digits in May, and I know we have hit triple digits in September. That's a long stretch. You want to get your home checked out and qualified. Yeah, you don't want your AC breaking down on the hottest days of the year. So go ahead and get the team from Kowala Cooling to come out and take a look. Like JB said, get your AC kualified. Call them today at five one, two, seven, five, nine eighty eight hundred. Really times a weird thing, isn't it. Ten years ago can seem like forever ago, right, and tim the years ago.
Speaker 1: Can seem like yesterday. Like it seems like just yesterday that our daughter was six years old. Oh god, I know, it seems like just yesterday right now. Yeah, she's sixteen, but it just seems like yesterday.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: Here's some things that happened ten years ago. This week, Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner announced their divorce. They were married for ten years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 1: The announcement came one day after their tenth anniversary. Also ten years ago, Ashton Coocher and Mila Kunis got married and they're still married.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they'd known each other, they had known each other forever from that seventy show.
Speaker 1: They are still married and have two little kids.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Rihanna did something ten years ago no other artists had done.
Speaker 2: She was the first artist to rack up more.
Speaker 1: Than one hundred million gold and platinum song certifications. Wow, Rihanna's doing all right? Then she launched that makeup line right, Oh yeah, findy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's a billionaire.
Speaker 1: She's a bazillionaire.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sure. If you remember, it was ten years ago that Jimmy Jimmy Finger Jimmy Fallon almost lost a finger. He had tripped on a rug, remember that, Yes, and he caught himself on a countertop and his wedding band caused a ring el evulsion. Basically, it almost ripped his entire finger off. Yeah, So the Tonight Show went on hiatus. He was in ICU for ten days, because that's.
Speaker 3: What I was surprised about.
Speaker 1: Ic you Yeah, for a finger injury, crazy, that's weird.
Speaker 2: They're probably wondering if they were going to cut the finger off or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: A lot of people live without ten fingers.
Speaker 3: Though I know it can be done.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Don't you have a friend Pinky.
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: He was my daycared Lady Ma and her husband Pinky. Pinky had cut his pinky finger off when he was a boy with like one of those electric saws, so everybody called him Pinky.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then my grandfather when he was a little boy, shot his big toe off with the shotgun while he was resting from hunting standing under a tree.
Speaker 3: So my grandfather only had nine toasts.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 1: Growing up in Nebraska, I remember a lot of kids in the summer coming back from summer vacation missing a finger from a farming accident. Yeah, it's very common. Yeah, it really was. I hope it's not as much anymore. Also, ten years ago, the trailer for Creed was released and people weren't sure if the Rocky spin.
Speaker 2: Off would work. It did.
Speaker 1: It went on to make one hundred and seventy four million bucks.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Creed too and Creed three did even better than that. That's crazy. Also, some things that happened ten years ago. Uh, Crypto was giving people diarrhea, a disease called cryptospo ADM or crypto for short, was infecting swimming pools and hot tubs and making people sick. Most people still hadn't heard of crypto the currency yet, but ten years ago it was making him go to the toy pot. Crypto was giving you the d It was not the money. You do not want the d. Oh, that's the greatest. That's the greatest go to excuse to get.
Speaker 2: Out of anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, that's all you got to say. People like, oh, go do what you gotta do.
Speaker 3: Hundred percent.
Speaker 4: Fact, my mom has used that to get out of a speeding ticket before. Really yep, she said that to an officer of the law.
Speaker 2: Cops got to be like, well, I'm she gonna.
Speaker 1: Be that honest with me person to the today, I think the best play with police officers is I got no excuse. Yeah, I'm like, you got me. I did it?
Speaker 4: My what I can't keep what keeps happening to me when I get pulled over.
Speaker 3: I haven't been pulled over in a while.
Speaker 4: But the last few times I've been pulled over, you know, the officer always goes, do you know how fast you are going? And I'll go no, officer, and they'll tell me, and then I'm like geez wow, and they laugh.
Speaker 3: Every time.
Speaker 4: I'm not doing it on purpose. I'm genuinely surprised, and I think that there.
Speaker 2: I remember a.
Speaker 1: Couple of years ago, I was coming that was on the highway and there was a ramp and on ramp right next to me. I was exceeding the posted speed limit, my good amount like that, and the cop pulled right off me, up next to me on the on ramp, and he looked at me and he mouthed to me.
Speaker 2: He's like, I'm.
Speaker 1: Right here, right here, And I'm like, oh, sorry about that. That's funny. He did pull me over, and he gave me a warning. He's like, dude, I was right next to you. How did you not see me.
Speaker 4: One of the times the officer was like, do you know how long it took me to catch up to you.
Speaker 2: It's going too bad. She's Trisha. My name is Sandy.
Speaker 1: You guys keep your hands on the wheel ten and two please, Although I think ten and two is no longer.
Speaker 3: I think they say nine and three.
Speaker 1: Now ye new fangled drivers. These new kids, hey can't even drive stick sh don't know what we got to reinvent the wheel ten and two. You guys, stay with us more coming up. The JB and Sandy Show starts at seven. If you missed yesterday's show, here's something you missed. Netflix is producing a series that I can't wait to see. I will probably get teared up. I got a little teared up when I saw that they're making it. We'll tell you what that is in just a second. It's the JB and Sandy Show. Thanks for being with us again. We're looking for followers on the TikTok.
Speaker 2: Friends. We picked up five more over the weekend.
Speaker 4: That TikTok because you called it the TikTok means we have no business being on the TikTok.
Speaker 2: I do it for effect.
Speaker 1: You can follow us on TikTok at JB, Sandy at X and when we get to that magical fifty follower mark, we're going live.
Speaker 2: We're going live, baby.
Speaker 1: We're going to be like all the other idiots that are out there tiktoking live doing nothing. We don't have to do anything. You can just stand there and we can stare at each other. JB and people. We'll get get into it.
Speaker 5: Hey, And I'm preparing myself for the Chinese to get in my business.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm ready for it. I am pressed. I'm ready for a war. Cyberward. Hey, guess what I'm doing later today?
Speaker 1: And it's I've been in Austin since what nineteen ninety five? And I play golf and I've never done this. Landry, our sixteen year old, and I are going to Butler Pitching Puts. Yeah, and uh boy, is their website really gives you a great vibe of what they're all about. You know, like if you hit it out of bounds, it's a one stroke penalty and five push ups.
Speaker 2: Stuff like that. They rent the clubs to you for a dollar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's ten dollars or fifteen dollars to play, and then you go and they don't take any reservations or tea times you go, you mark your ball with your name on it, You put it in the little thing that goes around and around and around, and when your ball comes out on the end, it's your turn to play. That's really cool, which is cool. So I've never been to Butler Pitching Putt.
Speaker 2: It's on.
Speaker 1: Riverside, like Riverside and Lamar is where it is bart And Springs and Lamar, bart.
Speaker 2: And Springs and Lamar.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I guess it goes to Riverside too. It's between bart And Springs and Riverside, right yeah, right, right right around.
Speaker 3: Since nineteen forty nine.
Speaker 2: I know it's great. It's a little miniature golf course.
Speaker 1: I mean there's not a hole there that's longer than one hundred yards and you can play it in a couple hours and you walk.
Speaker 2: Can you just carry two golf clubs?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And I think it's gonna be fun, be fun.
Speaker 1: It's on my list of things to do with my daughter in Austin before they're gone, because you know, like I was scared Dirty Martins was going away. Took her there, took her to Now's Pharmacy, took her to huts Hamburgers back when it was here.
Speaker 5: A few other me she's done Peter Pan because that's in Jeopardy, over and over done.
Speaker 2: That And I still have the scorecard from when she and I went. I won.
Speaker 1: She was like five.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So we're doing that today.
Speaker 1: Back to what Netflix is doing, and I'm super excited. I'll just read to you what I read on social media. Cowboys legend Roger Stallbach has signed a thirteen and a half million dollar deal with Netflix for a seven episode series about his journey with the Dallas Cowboys. What's Coming is more than just a documentary. It's a full on tribute to Cowboys legend Roger Stallbach.
Speaker 2: How Okay, you probably know this, but you want to guess his age?
Speaker 1: Roger is eighty five, eighty three, eighty three? Guess Yeah, I knew he was.
Speaker 5: That's something to be just getting into television at eighty three, right.
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean he's I guess he's start of running his real estate empire, which is what he started doing after his NFL career.
Speaker 2: He was selling homes when he was playing.
Speaker 5: Was hease he didn't? Those guys made like one hundred grand a year back then? Yea, yeah, you can just have that. Yeah, they weren't getting rich playing football. They had to have a plan. There was no pension. There was no NFL pension back then. But Roger turned it into a multi billion dollar business. I think saw that's a billionaire now, I think, Wow, it wouldn't surprise me. We got to meet him at one time, you remember at the basketball event at the Irwin Center. Yeah, my wife was out there hooping with him.
Speaker 2: Yep, he loved it. He couldn't have been any nice Christian. Tricia had a huge part in that whole thing.
Speaker 1: Remember we had mister Staubach on the show because Tricia was doing business with one of his assistants with.
Speaker 4: One of his office has really started office here in Austin. We're doing staffing for his company. And the lady that I worked with was a big listener of y'all. And so that's kind of how it came around. I will say, when Sandy met Roger Staubach that day, that is literally one of three times that I can count that I've seen Sandy cry.
Speaker 1: I heared up meeting Roger Staubach.
Speaker 2: He's NFL Royalty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you've sent an elite, elite, elite group that I can't put very many names in.
Speaker 1: No, No, he's I mean, I've always thought this about Roger Stottack. I mean, he was my idol growing up. I never thought the Cowboys would lose if Roger Stottack was playing. What was the quarterback. I remember did.
Speaker 2: And Andy had Tom Landry too.
Speaker 1: Yeh right, right, But I mean look at it that I would look at it this way as an older guy. Now, I don't think there's a more impressive SIV resume than Roger Staubach's. How do you beat that resume? High school All American football player, went to the Naval Academy, won the Heisman Trophy while at the Naval Academy, Then goes and serves four years during the Vietnam War, Then goes and plays for the Dallas Cowboys, wins two Super Bowls, named MVP of the NFL, then has a multi billion dollar real estate company.
Speaker 2: How do you beat that resume?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's pretty amazing. Can you imagine the pressure on one of his being one of his kids.
Speaker 1: Ough, that'd be tough. That'd be really, really tough.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The last I see about his networth were like around six hundred million dollars.
Speaker 1: But that was like back in I don't know, twenty fifteen. I think I remember he recently joined the B Club. Yeah, the billionaire. He was so nice that day we met him, super so nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know what's interesting too with this documentary is Roger Staubach by exposure terms, and he's laid fairly low, you know what I mean. It's not like he went to the broadcast booth or did anything like more than Yeah, he didn't do that. When he retired, he just kind of went out and made a whole lot of money in real estate. But so it's kind of cool that you're going to see this documentary because guys like us that were fans, there's probably a whole lot of stuff we don't know, which is hard to believe because I used to get the Dallas Cowboy Weekly. You still scrap, babe?
Speaker 2: Could he get mailed to you? Yeah?
Speaker 1: It was a newspaper and my grandmother gave it to me for my birthday every year. Wow, that's so great, and I've saved hundreds of them. In fact, there was a section right inside the cover of the Dallas Cowboy Weekly. This was back when tech Shram was the general manager. It was called ask Texts, And so I wrote text a letter and I asked him a question and they put it the Cowboys. Well barely barely barely my question, I do. My question was why did they run the option play so much more in college than they do in the pros and he answered the question. Yeah, I was like twelve when I asked that question. But anyway that I don't know when it's out this time, I thought.
Speaker 5: Your question was going to be I'm twelve years old and I can't find a helmet big enough.
Speaker 2: Do the Dallas Cowboys have one that I could borrow? Will you ask Too Tall Jones to send me an extra helmet?
Speaker 4: It's like when Shack buys giant shoes for kids.
Speaker 2: This is going to be good, and I hope it's a wow. I'd love to learn more about him. That's amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I hope that this is a sign of programming to come from Netflix, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: More?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and there, we've been in reality TV for too long.
Speaker 2: It's time to tell some stories that are positive, right And I don't. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't need any more social justice messages in my Netflix anymore.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean? Like?
Speaker 3: Do we have to learn something from it?
Speaker 5: Have to like that fish documentary that freaked us all out about fish the fishing industry and oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, like that kind of stuff you all feel like terrible people?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sweet fish? Yeah, exactly what was that you're talking about the one at SeaWorld.
Speaker 5: No, no, it was it was about the whole fishing industry and how it's destroying the ocean, and.
Speaker 1: And they're all the ones about cows.
Speaker 4: And then the one that made you feel bad about going and seeing the orchest show at SeaWorld.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like was is nothing okay anymore?
Speaker 1: No again, I don't know when this broader strawback one comes out, but I'm going to find out.
Speaker 2: When I know, I will let you know. I was from yesterday morning.
Speaker 1: The JB and Sandy Hour starts at seven this morning, or streaming the podcast whenever you want. Search JB and Sandy on the iHeartRadio apps one three one Austin dot com. You know what, Tricia, I don't think I want to do the carried out care song today?
Speaker 3: What the air Gong song?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Why no, I'm gonna have to overrule you on this.
Speaker 3: I get a vote, right, yeah.
Speaker 2: But you don't get a beatle power.
Speaker 1: I mean I feel like you do in this case.
Speaker 4: I feel like there are a lot of people out there who've gotten their gong hand ready to go, and then you're just gonna take it away.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what I'll flip a coin.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, tails, I call tails nickel, always call tails nickel.
Speaker 1: In my hand, I'm gonna throw it up. It's gonna hit the counter. Okay, we'll see here we go, heads uh. I don't believes all right, I'll give in geez. I don't know why you have to do that, but I'm not gonna go what.
Speaker 3: I gone. I think you should be out of the club.
Speaker 2: I invented the club.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but now you're not fine?
Speaker 1: Who is the club president of the club?
Speaker 3: Too good to gong? But you're trying to get our gong.
Speaker 1: It didn't feel like it. There's people out there like you know. I'm not gong in the day gong.
Speaker 2: Tricia Carrot.
Speaker 1: Don't care to know the only animal that lays eggs and produces milk?
Speaker 3: Um? I know the answer, you do, yes, I do?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 3: The platypuss?
Speaker 2: Why do you know that?
Speaker 4: Because I know things I listen in school. Really, the platypuss. I believe you pronounced it the platypuss.
Speaker 1: It is the platypuss. It's pretty funny though, if you think about it. They can lay eggs and produce milk. They can make their own Crimberley. No, you I love a cumberle. You like a crimber I do. I do love a criminal. Normally, I'm a texture guy. In that texture I can't take. But the crunchy's on top, Yeah, I'm okay, breaks up the texture for you. Another horse carried horse care don't care for a Tricia would know something interesting about horses and their breathing.
Speaker 4: I mean i've yeah, I mean I probably know, but yeah, I care.
Speaker 1: Horses only breathe through their nose. They can't breathe through their mouths. I knew that.
Speaker 2: How do you know that?
Speaker 3: I just know that.
Speaker 1: I group around horses. I just know that. Really, Yeah, it'd be weird, and it makes sense. Take a big nostrils on a horse, big and go all the way up their head. Finally, in care don't care, you know the term snowflake right, mm hmmm. Would you care or not care to know when snowflake was used in its current form to describe someone sensitive, fragile, and needing to be coddled When it was first used in that way, yeah, I care. In the movie Fight Club, oh, with Brad Pitt. That's a great movie.
Speaker 2: It is a good movie. You know the first rule of fight club.
Speaker 1: There is no fight club.
Speaker 2: You don't talk about it.
Speaker 1: You don't talk about fight exactly. Yeah, that was a weird movie, though. It was one of those movies at the end, I'm like, what's going on? I know?
Speaker 4: So sometimes Brad Pitt goes a little to the artsy side for me in some of his movies. Yeah, and I'm like, I don't a hundred percent understand what's happening right now. There's not a worst feeling than going in and sitting in a movie for two and two and a half hours and leaving and still not knowing what happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's annoying. That's annoying. Yeah, that is Brad Pitt at his best snatch.
Speaker 4: Oh so funny. I don't know Brad Pitt at is best of one. I mean, just the movie Brad Pitt Summer blockbuster movie.
Speaker 2: Be Jealous of the girl he got to smooch with.
Speaker 1: Me with which that girl? Yeah yep.
Speaker 4: And then when I see pictures of him and his girlfriends es, I'm like, she gets to kiss him.
Speaker 1: I want to kiss Brad Pitt. There are not a lot of celebrities.
Speaker 4: Out there that I'm like, I want to make out with you. He is the guy I noticed never gonna happen married.
Speaker 2: You're married, I know, but you're.
Speaker 3: Gonna tell me.
Speaker 4: If Brad Pitt was like, all right, I'll make out with you, you're gonna shut that down.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't do it.
Speaker 1: You'd let me do that way.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't do that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hey, thank you very much for listening.
Speaker 1: Make sure you listen to the radio every morning to six until ten on Austin's eighty station what O three point one.