Speaker 1: It's time for Coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 2: Holy crap, I don't know who the hell we think when we.
Speaker 3: Are get off our show, idiot, the kids are playing or turning off.
Speaker 2: The countries are screwing it up. Gold Play Inner.
Speaker 3: Murals, Brother, gold Play Inner Murals.
Speaker 2: They're supposed to be mature adults, but they're really not. Who's the kid here?
Speaker 3: Who's the kid here? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Here's Nick coffee?
Speaker 4: All right, let's do this. Ladies and gentlemen, Happy Friday. Welcome in to another edition here of Coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety. Appreciate you hanging out with us yesterday. I think there was somebody out there trying to sabotage us.
Speaker 2: We had some.
Speaker 4: Transmitter signal issues, still don't know exactly what that means, and we did have people working on it pretty quickly, and I think by the time we ended the show things were better. I don't know that for certain, but I know we're in a good place today. No signal issues, and thanks to whoever was able to get that fixed for us. Whenever we were wrapping up the show yesterday. During one of the commercial breaks, John and I were going back and forth and our boss was in there, and he mentioned somebody climbing on the towers, and I had to ask, do you mean like somebody's climbing on the towers to fix it? Or we're having issues because somebody just randomly decided to start jumping on the climbing on these towers. So it turns out you got to I guess you got to climb up there to fix it, but I guess they were doing some maintenance stuff. Why they decided to do it during this show. They're trying to sabotage us, John, They're trying to bring us down, and they can't do it.
Speaker 2: They can't, especially now, not on a Friday.
Speaker 4: Not with football season going on right, not with the NFL opener yesterday, another NFL game tonight, mixed in with some college football, and then of course we got a full slate of college football action tomorrow, and then NFL Sunday, the first NFL Sunday of the season. Good stuff, And we're here to get you set right. This is the this, we are the opening act to get the weekend started. I guess technically it kind of already has started, because again, last night was not the result I wanted it in any.
Speaker 2: Way, and I just got to accept it.
Speaker 4: I think just by proxy, I'm a diehard Ravens fan because I hated to see them lose. I hated hearing Chris collins Worth just gargle on the genitals of Patrick Mahomes all night. I mean, it just makes me sick, and I keep doing what I've done before. When take it back to the Louisville football conversation in the offseason, you know, the Homer in me kept getting triggered because I couldn't really claim that Louisville was genuinely being disrespected. But every now and then I would see, you know, a team that I know Louisville's better than, get more love than them. And again, there's a fine line between like being disrespected and maybe just kind of flying under the radar slightly. And it's like last night, I'm sitting here thinking to myself, am I overly sensitive to the way they just, you know, lose their mind about Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 2: He's great.
Speaker 4: I mean, he's one of the best quarterbacks of all time, no doubt about it he's a better quarterback than Lamar Jackson. I have no problem saying that both are phenomenal, probably two of the best. There's I mean, in fact, no, probably to it. It's a fact those are two the best quarterbacks in the NFL, and there's you know, you could probably put a couple of others in that tier with them. But nonetheless, like I keep, I keep doing some internal questioning here, am I too sensitive to this?
Speaker 1: Or is you know?
Speaker 2: Or is it really that bad?
Speaker 4: And I know a lot of louisvill fans are probably the same way, but we're probably in the same boat, meaning we are a little more sensitive to Lamar not getting the same level of love. And look, I don't think they were hating on Lamar last night. And he didn't play perfect. He played really well.
Speaker 2: If he was.
Speaker 4: You know, in the other ninety eight percentage percentile of the quarterbacks in the NFL, everybody would have said he had a phenomenal game. Right, go find an above average, pretty good quarterback. You give him those numbers Lamar had, and everybody would say he plays great. But Lamar again is a two time MVP, and he could have had all the stats he could have broke his own records that'll nobody else will ever break because of just because of the unique way he plays the game and plays that position. He could have done all that new records, shattered records, but he didn't win. And that's what it all comes down to. That is going to be how he's defined his legacy. I mean, not for us, because we know he's great, and anybody, you know, if he stopped playing football today because he wanted to go, I don't know, join a band and be a musician or something. Anybody claiming he was anything other than a phenomenal quarterback is just wrong. But I want so badly for him to get the same type of praise and acknowledgement as Mahomes. And the reality is he's just got to win super Bowls and that's not easy to do when Mahomes and the Chiefs don't look like they're slowing down anytime soon. But yes, last night, I mean, Mahomes making throws an interception just kind of gets ignored in the first half. Then he throws a bad pass and does make a miraculous play just instincts. Clearly he's a special, special gifted athlete. For him to be able to, you know, just go up and get a rebound seemingly after the ball was deflected and avoid an interception, right, that would have been problematic, and it was an impressive thing, but like, guy made a bad decision and it's still something that that you know that Tariko and Collins Worth, they just they just gush over and again he's he's really good and I don't really dislike him. I don't find him, you know, easy to dislike as a player or as a guy. But you know, when it comes to Lamar Jackson and the Ravens and going up against Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs, I mean, I'm gonna be all in with the Ravens and to see them lose the way they did last night was a real bummer. And it's one of those games that I'm not you don't have to be a conspiracy theorist to look at the way some games finish coming down to the wire, especially when you know that this level of professional sports, at the highest level of the NFL, it's all about entertainment. So what I'm getting at is, I don't believe for a second that any professional sport is scripted. But like, if you wanted to go down that path. This is another piece of evidence that I believe could support you in saying, how in the hell could the NFL with so many eyeballs on them as they get their season started, a rematch between the Chiefs and the Ravens, Mahomes versus Jackson, and they get it to end like that with a touchdown, you know, potential game tying touchdown be called good when it happens. And then clearly he was on the line, they got the call right, the toe was there, right. I mean, you know, it's like something you see in a movie. So I don't believe it'scripted. I don't want people tune it in thinking that I've turned into this big conspiracy theorist because I just don't believe that. And even if, like there was more evidence that suggest it, I wouldn't want to know about it because I want to be entertained, you know, I want to at least believe, and I do believe that it is real. But what a finish. I mean, if you're a Roger Goodell and you're just looking at this game from strictly an entertainment standpoint, I don't know if it could have been better to be honest with you. So it was tough to see Lamar come up short, but hey, first game of the season, they were right there with the team that just won the Super Bowl. So I still think this Ravens team can be pretty damn good this year and looks like they've got some young talent that really emerged last night. I mean, the tight end who I can forget his name already, but I mean he was sensational. You're gonna see him being picked up by probably just about every fantasy football owner. You know, every league's gonna have somebody looking for that guy. And I would imagine most leagues have already had somebody snatch him up if he wasn't already drafted in their league. And with Lamar, he doesn't look much different to me. But that was one of the talking points surrounding Lamar heading into this season, as he did lose some weight compared to where he was last year and even the year before that. He did talk about how he felt slow at times last year when running because he had that extra weight on him, and you know, he shed it a little bit of that weight and you can just tell, look, you've got a weapon with his legs. He knows that the Ravens seemingly know that now, so like, don't be a friend, like don't let him turn forty and you never really let him use the biggest weapon that he has, which which is his ability could take off and run and make plays. I mean, he is the most athletically gifted quarterback that has ever walked this earth. And I don't think there's I mean again, I know people bring up Mike Vick, and that's great. Mike Vick was great as well, but even Mike Vick himself, and I don't think he's just being the humble guy, like he's acknowledged that Lamar's just different man. So it was a bummer to see them come up short, but a hell of a game, no doubt. And again I found myself thinking, okay, am I am? I Am I being too big of a homer here because I'm not really sure if my Ravens and yes, I'm saying my Ravens now because last night was another reminder and it took me right back to that game last year and they played in the playoffs. Like I can't identify as a Ravens fan. I don't have any Ravens gear, but like when the game's on and Lamar's their quarterback, just because of how big of a fan I have a fan I am of Lamar, I'm all in on the Ravens. Feels kind of weird, feels gross, to be honest with you, Like, in real time, I'm all in. I don't think about it, but after the fact, I'm like, man, why am I so upset? Why am I so bothered about the Ravens losing? And again, the answer is obvious, It's because Lamar. But it's just I don't think I've ever been in this position as a pro sports fan before, Like my all of my energy is just based off one dude. And I'm sure a lot of you can relate. It's just I've never been in been in this position before. So again, anyways, I feel like last night, everybody, regardless if you're a Chiefs fan or a Ravens fan, or you're a fan of anybody else, Like, objectively, I think people watch that and kept wondering, why are the Ravens getting called for this illegal formation every single play seemingly, and yet it doesn't get called on the Chiefs and you can see them doing the exact same thing. So you know that's not I'm not going to claim that that's why they lost, because look, the Ravens had a chance and they couldn't get it done. I mean, Lamar before that, that that pass that he you know, connected on that was not ruled a completion and a touchdown due to the receivers or the tight ends tobying on the line. You know, the play before that, he had a guy wide opening the end zone and he just didn't he didn't put the right touch on it. And it was it was I mean, it was it was his fault. I mean there's no way around that. I mean, he makes mistakes and he's not perfect. But man, that was tough to see. So I don't want to make it out like the Ravens lost because of the refs, but I mean, I mean, again, objectively speaking, I think a lot of people were wondering, man, like, are they the are the refs? Are they madly in love with Mahomes just like the announcers are? I do see an AI picture here that looks insanely like AI is scary, right, It's super useful. But the way you can do like the deep fake images, John like there's got to be some kind of a software or some kind of a platform that you can like upload a picture and it'll tell you did somebody AI this?
Speaker 2: Because it looks so real. I think, I know I've seen this on Instagram. They're supposed to they's supposed to be like a little kind of sub caption. Yes, that tells you whether or not creative via AI. Yeah, and it's also it also shows AI like when people like I guess to this day people still say they photoshopped themselves to look better, but it's not photoshop. Photoshop is an Adobe software. There's AI apps now that can like make your face look less blemish, you know what I mean. Like, and it looks like you wouldn't know that somebody did that. It looks very natural. So Instagram models and you know, those who look insanely hot online and somehow make a great living doing that. Like, they're all upset at the Instagram platform because now like everything they post it says like, yeah, that's that's been doctored. Yeah, which you know, people still clearly love to look at it. But this picture I just DMed it to you. It's a picture of Pat Mahomes making out with the ref, and I swear to you it looks real, does it not? John would definitely catch some people with their pants down, if that makes sense.
Speaker 4: The skin tone of the ref is the only part that I can say, Okay, that doesn't look like a real hand, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Other than that, everything else is pretty. So Mahomes's face kind of looks extra puffed out for whatever.
Speaker 4: Because he's because he's madly in love with the ref who's making out with him. He's got what do you expect, He's got his tongue down. The ref's throw John's out.
Speaker 2: The ref who's just watching from behind, He looks pretty confused.
Speaker 4: Oh that's his that's his role. That's what he does. He's one of the watchers. He likes to just sit and observe while, you know, his other ref guy makes out with Mahomes. Who knows that this picture was was You know, it's not real, but it's out there on the field. Imagine what they do behind closed doors. This was out in front of the thousands of fans there, yeah, in Kansas City. So again people are posting those and it's not like just Ravens fans throwing it out there because they feel like they got wrong, but like the best example of how they just can get away with stuff because they are right now currently the you know, they are the flagship franchise in the NFL right now for a variety of reasons. One, they're super successful. They've got a bunch of Super Bowls in recent years. Mahomes is the best player in the league. He is the face of the league himself. Therefore that props them up. And oh, by the way, the most famous celebrity on the planet was at the game last night because she's dating the star tight end. Like they're up there right like they are propped up in a major way. It's always going to be the case as long as that whole thing is still intact. Mahomes, Andy Reid, Kelsey, the Swifties in the success Like you throw all that together, they're gonna be talked about more than anybody. And I get all that, but they shouldn't be able to get away with stuff like last night. Steves Magnolia, the assistant coach for the Chiefs, he called a timeout and the refs gave it to him. You're not allowed to do that. They didn't even flag them, they just gave them the time out. I mean, like like that's a blatant thing that everybody knows you can't do.
Speaker 2: But the Chiefs did it.
Speaker 3: All.
Speaker 2: Who cares.
Speaker 3: It's okay they might take a time out of time out here, And I got Steve spec Rowling ran down the sideline to get the time out call there as the Chiefs had a little bit of defensive confusion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think Andy Reid's a little concerned with that one too, because it didn't look like Baltimore totally.
Speaker 2: Had their act together either.
Speaker 1: So the defensive coordinator coming down to call time out as well and not the head coach cant bring Terry McCauley in our three time Super Bowl referee, our rules analysts, Terry, that's that's not.
Speaker 2: The way it's supposed to go.
Speaker 4: He can't do that.
Speaker 2: It has to be the head coach that comes down, an assistant coach. Nobody else can call time out sideline except the head coach.
Speaker 1: So spags calling. Now that official didn't recognize it, but it was recognized by the official in the back corner who saw spec Gola coming down.
Speaker 2: And he's cousin.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I know I can't do it.
Speaker 4: I mean he's you can't see it unless you watched it last night, and you know what play I'm talking about. The ref next to him doesn't see him doing it, and then finally realizes that the other rep has come over to Grant in the time out and then is yelling at Spagnolia saying, what do you know you can't do that, and he's really apologetic, defensive, like hand up, like oh, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, and he didn't get a flag. By definition, you're supposed to get a flag for that. And they again, that's not why they lost the game meeting the Ravens, but the Chiefs just get away with stuff and it makes me mad. And again, I don't know as much about football as many. In fact, I'm sure a lot of you listening know way more about the actual you know, x'es and o's when it comes to the game than myself. But you know, so I trust the you know, the folks who have a resume, have credentials in the world of football, like college coaches assistants who are also sharing the clips and the screenshots last night saying this is not an illegal formation, and they keep calling it on the Ravens.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 1: Cool formation on Baltimore.
Speaker 4: Offense.
Speaker 2: Number seven is not on the line.
Speaker 3: This penalty is the clime.
Speaker 1: It's fourth down, so that's seven. That's the wide receiver Bateman, it's not one of the offensive linemen. And he's uncovered here on the side.
Speaker 4: And they're showing the replay here. Yeah, nobody Again, they don't have any response because they're watching it and they just trot the field goal kicker out there, and the announcers, I mean even them, they can they have nothing.
Speaker 2: They don't know what that penalty was.
Speaker 4: They just decided we're gonna throw a bunch of illegal formation penalties of flags out there and that and not have to explain it. So again, I know, it's it sounds like I'm just, you know, crying because the ref stole the game from the Ravens, and I don't I know, it sounds like that. I get why it sounds like that, but they still had a chance to win.
Speaker 2: It's just I don't know.
Speaker 4: Every every story, every movie, every every you know in it from an entertainment standpoint. In sports, you need a villain. The Chiefs are the villain, but I don't find them unlikable like the Patriots were. The villains, and they were easy to hate. They wanted you to hate them. From the local rivalry perspective, the rivalry around here was at its very best as far as my lifetime, with Rick and cow going against each other. Col's a very easy guy to dislike if he is coaching your rival Patino. I don't know how easy he is to dislike, but like clearly he used to coach Kentucky Dinn he coach Louislle. That alone gives them reason to hate the man, Like I don't like the Chiefs, but I can't like I mean, Travis Kelcey kind of seems like a douchebag, but like, you know, a lot of people like that's not I mean, there's a lot of people like that, right Mahomes. He's pretty likable. He whins and complains and you know, cries to the refs, but not any more than most elite quarterbacks in the NFL. At least, it doesn't seem like he does it that much. More So, I'm choosing to look at last night's NFL opener as a good thing, meaning like.
Speaker 2: I've got my team, the Colts.
Speaker 4: I'll always root for him and hope that they succeed, but I don't think they're going to be good this year. And then my second team, I guess, is just again by proxy because of Lamar, It's going to be the Ravens. And then I'm all in on being anti Chiefs. But I need him to do more, John, I need him to give me a reason other than just being a hater.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm kind of with you for the most part. But one thing I do remember towards the end of last season, might have even been during the playoffs, is when Pat Mahomes went over to Josh Allen at the end of the game whenever they were facing the Bills. And I can't remember what he said to Josh Allen, but he really came off as a big d bag, like he was saying something, do you remember what I'm talking about? Not at all I could recall specifics about him.
Speaker 4: He lost his cool on the sideline of a game and through his helmet and he yelled at a teammate who made a mistake.
Speaker 2: If that's what you're thinking of, I don't know if there's a separate thing, And I probably shouldn't have even told the story without having specifics in my head. But there was a moment whenever he was speaking with Josh Allen after they had played the Bulls, and he said that was very the Bill. Yeah, the Bills. Excuse me, it's all good. And now I'm in my own head because I'm saying the wrong team.
Speaker 4: Now I'm looking it up right now because I don't remember anything like that. But never mean you doesn't mean it didn't happen, because you know, I'm sure because Josh Allen is still viewed as one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL. But I think this passed offseason kind of heading into this year. There's been enough noise for the last few years. This is the Bill's year. They got the best roster in the NFL. Josh Allen, he's he's one of the best quarterbacks. And again, I think he still is one of those guys, but like there just hasn't been as much love for him because again it I mean, people have kind of expected if it was gonna if the Bills were gonna break through, you kind of feel like they would have already done it, especially when they had Stefan Diggs. So I'm sure there's there's some there's some some pure competition between those two guys, because you know, until Lamar won his second MVP, when people would talk about Mahomes being the best quarterback and they would go to who's the next best, I think a lot of people would would go to Josh Allen.
Speaker 2: So maybe and maybe they still would. To be honest with you, we're thinking of the same scenario. He did go off on the sideline, but after the game, he went over to Josh Allen said, while this effing call I've ever seen, Oh, okay, gotcha?
Speaker 4: So he was still heated about because I thought he It reminded me when Steph Curry against the Calves years ago, whenever you had the Warriors Calves, you know, mini rivalry.
Speaker 2: Although the NBA.
Speaker 4: Players are too cool to have rivals because they all love each other and want to hang out and sing Kumbaya together and join the same team. There's not real any competition between him anymore. But anyways, Steph Curry carries himself. I think Mahomes and Curry are in the same boat for me as far as guys that I would never question their ability. They're sensational, two of the best ever at what they do. But I just don't like them. But yet they've never really given me any reason, you know what I mean, they don't seem that unlikable. I guess I'm just a flat out hater, which isn't something you want to be. But you know, at least I'm honest about it. Back when the Calves and the Warriors played, Curry got emotional and threw his mouthpiece because he was mad at a call and got a technical in his mouthpiece hit somebody in the crowd, and he went over and apologized, and like that's the first I saw him lose his cool and lose his composure and you know, kind of looked like a hothead. That was the same thing with Mahomes last year in that moment because that loss. I mean, it's easy to forget now, but they didn't. They went through a stretch last year the Chiefs where they were not they were not. They looked like they'd lost it a little bit. They'd lost their fastball. I mean, if you remember, they didn't have home field advantage last year. Pat Patrick Mahomes had never started a game as a quarterback in the playoffs where he was not on his home field until last year. And it was that game where they had they had a guy make a mistake at penalty. I don't know who it was, and it ended up, you know, keeping them from winning. And he, I mean, he went the sideline, slammed his helmet down. Was you know, I don't know if he I don't know if he needed to be like held back from going after the guy who made a mistake, but like he was hot about it.
Speaker 1: He did.
Speaker 4: You know, he was complaining at the refs too, and yeah, he just he But again that's an isolated thing. More often than not, win or lose, he's usually pretty well composed. So again, I guess I'm just opening up here on this platform to acknowledge that these guys are awesome. They're actually pretty likable. But man, I'm a hater. That's I guess what I'm getting at. All Right, we got a lot more to get into, including an NFL matchup tonight, kind of you know, I remember hearing about there being a Friday night game after the opener, but I'd kind of forgot about it until last night when I was looking at what I want to do when it comes to wagering on the NFL. So we can talk a little bit about that. Also, you know, Louisville Jacksonville State. Still not much sizzle when it comes to this game, but there's a lot of other games we can discuss. When it comes to wagering, we will talk Louisville and Jacksonville State. Coming up in the four o'clock hour. We're going to be joined by a beat writer whose name is Thomas Ashworth. He works for al dot com covering Jacksonville State. We'll get his thoughts coming up at about four h five and then I don't have a whole lot to add, but it does seem as if they're starting to get there's more and more awareness out there, not nationally necessarily, but this South Carolina Kentucky game is huge for both of these teams. I've said it all week, and you can since the like both teams, I feel like, no, this is kind of a I mean, this is probably the most important game for both of them. So we're loaded the rest of the way. It's a Friday, we'll get yourself for the weekend. Hangout right here. It's coffee and company. Filbeth Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety. I'm gonna ask you guys the same question I have asked a couple of guests we've had this week, and that is given the circumstances here, it's Louisville football is off to a great start. One to oh, sixty two to nothing was the score in their game against Austin P. Now they've got another opponent that is probably not going to be that far off from Austin P. I mean, maybe I'm not giving Jacksonville State enough credit, but you know, Louisville big time favorites in this game, and I wouldn't be shocked if they cover without much trouble. I don't know if you're going to see sixty two to nothing, but you know, if it happens, is anybody going to be that shocked? And it won't mean that Louisville is destined for another trip to Charlotte for the ACC championship game. It'll it'll just mean that they once again did what they're supposed to do against an inferior opponent, which is all you can do right play who's on your schedule. So the question I'm asking what could you see tomorrow? Rather it be a score, a statistic, or just something visually that will make you feel as if they took another step forward right like, it's gonna be tough to know what to make of it because it's Jacksonville State, But you know what I mean, right like, where you feel just as good, maybe a little bit better than you did last week against an inferior opponent. Now we all know the real first challenge is gonna be Georgia Tech when they come in here to Ellen N Cardinal Stadium. But yeah, I'm just curious five ox two five seven seventy nine hundred. If you want to give us a call, you can text in on the Ellen and Federal Credit Union text line five oh two six five three zero seven ninety and uh love to hear from you. So again, what could you see that'll make you feel like? Okay, not to say that Louisville's perfect, because they're not, but where you could head into an acc opener again against Georgia Tech and you say, look, you couldn't have done much more or any anything better than what you did in those two opponents, given that you know you beat them down because that's what you're supposed to do when you have those teams on the schedule. Don't forget tomorrow, We've got you covered for the coverage game. Day coverage. We'll have the Louisville football pregame showers in about Pelladors and windows of central Kentucky as well as Jefferson Animal Hospital, and then postgame show will start as soon as it ends right here. So I would imagine John will probably be starting at about seven ish.
Speaker 2: Maybe that is that ending on. I would say six thirty and seven ish was if it's a three thirty kick three hours probably the bare minimum seven o'clock probably most likely.
Speaker 4: We didn't really get to experience it a lot last year because, to be fair, Louisville was not in many blowouts.
Speaker 2: I mean they I do remember there was one game I can't remember if it was against like Virginia or Virginia Tech, where I guess both teams were running the ball a lot and the clock just moved really quick. You remember having to kind of rush to get worry about being late.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and these kind of games, you know, especially in the second half, you see the clock just you know, dissolve, I mean it. So my guest hope is that between six thirty and seven we get the postgame show started. But again it's the Louisll Football postgame show. Love reacting with all of you fans who listen and are you know, sometimes hammered after you leave the game, which is okay, you know, I mean, we can't call in and curse. Some people still try to do that, and you know, I get it. Emotions can can can be high, depending if you're really happy or you're really sad, and you might slip in a curse where we do. But you know, just just keep that in mind. But we hope, we hope to get a good group of callers tomorrow to react to whatever it is that happens. Again, it's the Louisville Football Postgame Show, presented by alex Ar White Lawyers, so distracted Driver dot com. So again as soon as as soon as it ends, come right here to Sports Talk seven ninety and we'll react to whatever it is that happens. And of course, when you have games like we're probably gonna get tomorrow, which is a game that really won't be that competitive, it's not just about what happens in that game. It's about looking ahead to the next opponent, looking at teams you're gonna play, and just looking at the overall day that is a college football Saturday, all right, It's Coffee and Company. Feel about Thorton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety appreciate you guys hanging out with us.
Speaker 2: John. Did you happen to see the latest update on the on the porch pooper man? There's more to this story?
Speaker 4: Yes, So I saw earlier this morning on Reddit that he went back again, and I thought to myself two things here. One, there's no scenario this person does not know that they've become you know, you know, should I say, can I say famous?
Speaker 2: I mean, nobody knows the idemities? Maybe yeah, Like this thing made.
Speaker 4: TMZ guys like this was on TMZ, so it is a huge story that you know, it's not dominating the headlines, but you know, it's not often that you see something like this happened, especially one guy, same house, the guy's wearing the same shirt every time. It seems like this is just odd. So I thought to myself, One, this person has to know what they're doing. And again, the questions I had were unlimited whenever we brought it up the other day, like wait a second, like why is he doing this? Like what what's the story here? Is this some kind of a gag like to try to become famous? As the guy who keeps doing this is the homeowner in on it for some type of publicity. I mean, again, just a lot of questions, and we now have an answer as to what's.
Speaker 2: Going on here.
Speaker 4: And usually I think in situations like this where you're thinking, wait a second, huh, this doesn't make any sense what's going on here? Sometimes there ends up being a reason and an explanation that kind of makes you say, oh, okay, I kind of get it, and that's what happened here. So WDRB is the first to report, at least that I saw earlier today this afternoon, that this person has been identified and they will not be publicly identified and they will not be charged as they are a special needs person that has autism. So again unfortunate for everybody involved, but like that makes it make a little more sense, correct, Yes, So, like you know, as somebody who is a father of a special needs child who has she's not on the spectrum, but she might be if she was to be evaluated again for it, which she has been before. But she has a lot of similarities to to children with autism and uh, you know, with sensory issues and and whatnot. Although she's Inna she's and if you have a if you have a loved one, or you are close to somebody with autism, especially a young child, like not ever, every not everybody's the same, not every level. I mean it's it's everybody's different, even if you seem to have like the same, you know, the same struggles at times socially because of of of autism. You know, what, what medicine might work for this kid may not work for that one.
Speaker 2: And the battle of.
Speaker 4: Figuring out what what you can do to make your child not deal with those uh, you know, those anxiety issues and just the you know, the you know, I'm trying not to get too deep into it because then I'll just then I'll just make this a whole show about it. And I don't know, we we don't want to do that. But like this makes this makes sense. And I'm so happy that like it wasn't somebody who caught them with a camera and shamed them publicly, because this became such a big story, Like I had a bad visual of that. Like as soon as I found out that this is this is the explanation, and that this person won't be charged and that the homeowners now understanding and that you know, this is a special needs person with autism. I mean I thought, well, I'm glad that it played out this way and it wasn't because if this kept happening and it became a bigger story, there might be somebody who would be staking out. I mean, you never know what people are going to do to go viral on TikTok, or to know, to capture something on their phone that they know is going to do big numbers on the internet like that's the world we live in now.
Speaker 2: Or even doing like a copycat first yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So so for me, like I just had a quick nightmare visual of like this, this person with special needs, you know, being shamed by somebody who ran up on them with a phone and just started, you know, cursing at him and making fun of them or maybe even assaulting them without knowing that. You know, it's still it's still an awful thing that you know you can't do. But like, there's a real there's an explanation as to how this whole thing became what it was. So I'm glad to know that, and I'm glad that not only did it that it it played out this way to where we have, we now know how it all happened. But like, I'm just glad that L and PD put out a statement making it clear, like hey, because if you are a non a hole as a human being, like the story kind of ends now, right at least it should, you know what I mean? Like it?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: So anyways, that that's the update, and I mean that I'm assuming that the story goes away now.
Speaker 2: I hate to say that anything is best case scenario, but is this the best case scenario for what it could have been?
Speaker 4: I would say for all parties involved, Yeah, because I don't because the cops aren't probably, I mean they're not. They don't they now at least have an understanding to what happened. They don't think they have some just rogue criminal who has a sick fantasy about doing this kind of stuff, right, And the homeowner doesn't probably feel like they probably don't know as to why this man with autism, you know, was ended up at their house alone, but at least they know, Okay, well he probably doesn't know either, because you know, maybe something's going on upstairs to where you know, just sometimes you can't really make total sense of certain decisions and actions made by by special in these people. So I think that's actually a really good way to put it, John, I think for all parties involved, this is probably best case scenario in a weird and very you know, unusual situation that nobody wants. But again, the way it played out, I think that's a good way to describe it. All right, I asking you guys, deliver this is a good text that comes in in regards to what you could see tomorrow that'll make you feel just as good as you did last Saturday with a sixty two to nothing victory and maybe feeling a little bit better heading into a real game against an acc opponent. And this person says, it's plain and simple. Another shut out, back to back shut us for Louisville football has never happened before. I'm gonna take you. I'm gonna take your word for that on the text line. I don't know if that's the case, but shutouts are rare. I mean shutouts they happen obviously, like they happened last week, but back to back weeks.
Speaker 2: I mean, you have to be in it.
Speaker 4: You have to be a really really, really really good defense, and you probably have to have opponents of this caliber back to back weeks, which is rare. I mean, heck, Louisville, they haven't had back to back opponents like this in how many years. I mean, we've talked about it before the season started. This is the that was the first time Louisll opened up on a Saturday against an FCS team since the Crack Throw Bear. So again, I don't know if that's true, but I'll take your word for it that this could be the first time louis has ever had back to back shutouts. Maybe they did it back in the day when the scores were, you know, three to six or three to zero, but certainly it doesn't happen very often. And again, I think Louisville's defense has proven enough with the guys they have back and the depth that they've added in the portal, the way where you can know that, yes, you played two teams that most people have never heard of, but if you shut them out like it doesn't just mean you did it because they stink.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 4: Also, I think it also supports the notion that Louisville fans have and believe myself included, that Louisville has a damn good defense this year. I mean I was talking about it earlier when I was on with Tony and dave On Has. You know, Jeff Brom, there's no doubt in my mind, and I went back and looked at some numbers. It'd be a big, big, big shocker this year if at the end of the season, this is not the best defense Jeff Brom has ever had as a head coach at Western, at Purdue, and at Louisville, And that could give us a little bit more of an explanation as to why he was a little frustrated with the offense after those scrimmages in fall camp, because you know what, they're going up against, a defense that is better than nearly every defense they're going to see on the field when they play in real games this year. All right, quick break, we'll come back. Keep this thing rolling along. It's a Friday. We're feeling good. It's game day too. I mean, we got NFL action on a Friday night. That feels weird, but hey, I'm here for it's also definite some weird, sir, That's right, baby. I mean, I'm surprised the NFL decided to go head to head with Indiana and Western Carolina Football or Western Illinois. Right yeah, w I U I mean that's I mean, I know Goodell and the Shield they think they run sports in this country. But you got a lot of you got a lot of ego trying to act like you're going to be able to compete with the view with with viewers. Viewership is going to be on the Hoosiers And what's the leather? Are they really the leather? That's kind of awesome?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: Stick with us. We appreciate it. Right here, it's Coffee and company. Feel about Thorton's on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: Coffee Coffee?
Speaker 2: Where are you coffee?
Speaker 4: That's right, it is coffee and Company here on Sports Talk seven ninety. We are fueled by Thornton's. Thanks for hanging out with us. Also, as always, big thanks to our friends, our family, our partners over there at Thornton's. Make sure you sign up to become a member of the Refreshing Awards program you haven't already.
Speaker 2: It's easy to do and you'll be happy that you did.
Speaker 4: If you have an Android or an iPhone, you go to your app store, you search for Thornton's search Refreshman Awards.
Speaker 2: You'll find it.
Speaker 4: Boom you're start saving money at the pump and then maybe then maybe you can you know, you can start taking advantage of the Frequency Club. For those who don't know what the Frequency Club is, when you purchase certain items a certain amount of times every now and then boom one's free, which you know, pretty awesome if you ask me, especially if it's like something you usually you usually get, like for example, right now, the Frequency Club program here are let's see, there are different So if you buy six Celsius Energy drinks, the seventh one's free. Let's say you're Red Bull, same thing, red Bull Energy. You buy six, you get the seventh one free. And there's a lot of items that are in the uh by nine you get the tenth free. You know, for example, right Star Energy Drinks, Snapple forgot about Snapple Delicious very tasty beverage if you're a Snapple guy or gal, you buy nine Boom tents, the tents free, and that adds up and where I get my biggest savings when it comes to the Frequency Club. A part of the refreshment awards membership is the Fizz Freeze. I take my kids every morning to Thornton's to get a slushy, which is a fizz freeze at Thornton's and it's delicious. It's probably not a healthy breakfast, but you know what the kids, I mean, you take them once he can't. I mean, they're gonna want to go every time. So it was a mistake I made long ago them thinking that it was you know, there's gonna be breakfast, and you know we can't go every day, but we go almost every day. And you know that means about every two and a half three weeks, one of those fizz freezes is free because of the Frequency Club and you don't get that unless you're a member of the Refreshment Awards program. All right, is Jamark Chase gonna play this weekend or not? I mean I kind of need to know from my fantasy football team. And I know that's why you guys tune in today because you want to hear about Nick's fantasy football team. And let me tell you, I do have Jamar Chase in one of my leagues. And you know, if he doesn't play, that's that's obviously that you know that's going to be my team's not going to be as strong. But I do see the latest this this came out a little bit before the show from ESPN that he's going to be a game time decision for Sunday season opener because of what has been called an aggravating contract dispute. So I mean, pay the man, pay the man. I mean, I feel like the Bengals have kind of a notoriously been known for being cheap, but Jamar Chase, in my opinion, is as valuable as Joe Burrow is to them. That sounds crazy because obviously quarterback is I mean, your quarterback position overall is super important. But when they you know, when they made that decision to draft Chase right after they had drafted Burrow and the Bengals made that run all the way to the super Bowl, the quarterbacks always going to get a lot of attention. I mean, that's just how that's how it works, especially knowing that at LSHU, Joe Burrow, you know, put together one of the best seasons we've ever seen from a college quarterback, and you know, his numbers were great, But really it was just that that LSU team with Ed or Jeron is still crazy to say because he has never really been a good head coach other than that year, But they were unbelievable, and they went fourteen and oh and it was a fifteen and yeah, fifteen and oh because they played in the SEC championship game and obviously won two the games in the playoffs. I mean they played. You won't find a national champion in you know, the last twenty five years that played a tougher schedule top to bottom than that LSHU team and they never lost a game and really weren't in that many close games. So, you know, Burrow doing that and then taking the Bengals to the Super Bowl and what his second third year whatever it was like that, that's going to get a lot of attention. But I mak no mistake about it. Jamar Chase was out there making plays that like nobody else could make, like he was just as important that season. And I think when it comes to your franchise, you're always going to prioritize your quarterback more than most positions, in fact, more than every position. And if you got a great one, you got to take care of him because there's not as many Like again, I don't think there's many Jamar Chases out there, if I'm being honest with you. That's how That's how sensational he is, but more really good elite young receivers come along more so than Joe Burrow type quarterbacks, if that makes sense. So, like, I understand why the priority for them was to pay Joe Burrow, but Jamar Chase he needs the bag as well, because that guy, I mean, he's twenty four years old and he is. I mean, I think he's in the comp He's certainly in the conversation. I would have no problem if somebody told me they think he's the best receiver in the league. I mean, Jamar Chase, Ceedee Lamb. Obviously, Tyreek Hill is still sensational. So hopefully they get this thing done because I mean the Bengals are also like I'm the worst John. I mean, just just call it like it is. I'm sure you're thinking it. I'm a Colts fan, but I always talk crap about them about how they suck. I'm mooching off the Ravens with Lamar, I'm mooching off the Bengals like I'm having an identity crisis as an NFL than.
Speaker 2: Does kind of suck. That does kind of suck.
Speaker 4: I mean, you don't have an NFL team, right, And I think that's good. Like, that's probably makes it more fun for you.
Speaker 2: You just enjoy it, right and not a true So like again, my wife has adopted the Buffalo Bills, or as I called him, the Bulls earlier, and so we kind of just tell we kind of just collectively watched the Bills. She gets more into it than I do. Believe it's her family that made her a Bills fan, right, Actually it's my family. Oh really, that's also I have a stepbrother up in Buffalo, New York that we visited and we went to it was a Buffalo Bills themed bar and they were they kicked the Steelers ass in the game that we watched them play in, and she just fell in love with how fun it was. Just the atmosphere NFL team. Yeah, yeah, oh I can totally see that. And so by association where Bills fans, but it doesn't I'm not as emotionally invested into it as I am with you know, my Hoosiers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my my wife is well, I don't know, she gets asked now and she's she I give her credit. She's owning up to it. Like she's always been a Seahawks fan. Her dad is a Seahawks fan. I don't know the connection. I think he went out to Seattle to do some fishing when he was young, and he just gravitated towards that team because he spent some time out there in that area. So he became a fan of the Seahawks. So therefore his daughter she became a fan of the Seahawks, and then she was really into when they were good, and even when they weren't good, she still, you know, was a fan and kept up with it. But when Pete Carroll, which by the way, I guess this is his first year gone, but Pete Carroll, when the dynasty kind of fell apart and Marshaun Lynch was gone and really it was just Russell Wilson and they started to kind of tail off, she lost interest. And now she's kind of going through what I'm going through, where like she knows if she tells people she's a diehard fan or that that's her team, you know, she doesn't feel worthy of being able to say that, because you know, it's just when it's convenient.
Speaker 2: I guess, I mean I'm speaking.
Speaker 4: For her, but like that's me, Like I'm a Colts fan, but I don't have any like, think about what the Colts have given me in the last five six years.
Speaker 2: Hell sadness, pain, And it could be worse.
Speaker 4: That could be a Cowboys fan and at least get my hopes of every year and then be let down. It'd be worse, actually all right, two hours left. Stick with us right here on Sports Talk seven ninety