Speaker 1: It is seven twenty eight here at fifty five kre CD talk station. And man, I got to know pretty well over the years. I think the world of him, and I think he did a wonderful job. And he was sheriff here in Hamilton County. Jim Neil, who is running for sheriff against the current incumbent, Charmage McGuffey. Welcome back, Sheriff, Jim oh former sheriff now soon to be sheriff again hopefully, Jim Neil. Good to have you on the program, sir, Hey, it's.
Speaker 2: Good to be here. Ryan. Thank you for the opportunity.
Speaker 1: Pleasure to do it. I'll recommend folks check you out online. Vote Jim Neil and Eil vote Jimneil dot com. It's your website for your campaign as well. Run out the clock here. We're getting fast approaching next Tuesday. Clearly stayed in the obvious, Jim, your final opportunity to sway the hearts and minds of my listeners. May most of whom I'm going to assume support you anyway, but you've got to differentiate yourself between the current administration and Charmeae mcguffee. Uh, my understanding and you can go ahead and spring from what I have learned through little birds whispering in my ear and speaking with people who work in the sheriff'sawice morale not so hot right now, and uh, and it is a failure of leadership more than anything. What's your take on that, gym?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Uh. And it starts from the top. As you know, Sheriff McGuffey, when she was a major with the Sheriff's office, there was an official complaint filed on her for creating a hostile work environment and uh, and that complaint was sustained. And you know what, she hasn't changed, and she's she's a bully and uh, she's very vindictive. And that's that's a poor leadership quality. Uh. So it's hard to maintain, uh, staffing levels in an environment like that. I mean, you can recruit, but it's keeping them, Ryan, it's keeping them. And the stamping levels are definitely down in the Sheriff's office. In a lot stems from leadership. But before I go any further, I want to remind you and everybody else that I'm endorsed by Christopher Smitherman. She is endorsed by George sorrows. Can we explain the difference between she is a political activist sheriff. I was the people sheriff. I was focused on public safety and law enforcement, law and order, following the rule of law. That's why I'm sitting here talking to you, trying to get my job back, because I wasn't willing to go down that road sell my soul to the devil to keep a job.
Speaker 1: You know, it's an excellent observation. Law enforcement is I should be politically neutral. I don't know how being a Republican or Democrat has anything to do with your focus on keeping criminals off the streets, or arresting criminals or chasing down bad guys. Basically enforcing the law. The laws on the books just enforce it, so it shouldn't bear a political stripe. You don't need to go out and keep talking politics while you are sheriff. You just need to create a great work environment, provide your people with the resources they need, and encourage them to do their job and get the bad guys. Now she has politicized it. I don't think I've ever seen her in doing anything other than attending like LGBTQ plus parade events and you know, pointing out over and over and over again and leading a lot with the fact that she's the first you know, I guess lesbian sheriff or something. This is twenty twenty four, Jim. No one gives a crap about your sexual identity. No one cares who you choose to sleep with. Are you effective at the job? Have you demonstraly proven that you are a good person to be there right right?
Speaker 2: And let's equate that with quality law enforcement? I don't see it. We have some great men and women that work in the Sheriff's office, but it's a failure under her leadership.
Speaker 1: How do you right the ship, Jim.
Speaker 2: Oh, effective leadership, It starts from the top. These men and women signed up to enforce the laws, to uphold the constitution. That's what they want to do. They don't want to enforce political agendas. And that's what's happening in law enforcement in Hamilton County. With the larger agencies Cincinnati. The officers are being blocked and not allowed to do their job the sheriff's office because of the leadership and following the political agenda. They're not as effective as they could be either. I mean, the two largest agencies in the county are failing us because of leadership, poor leadership. And I'm talking about and I'm talking about the sheriff, and I'm talking about city council that leans on the current police chief, not allowing her to do her job. Yeah, and that's why. But this is why I love the politics, Brian. I'm going to go back to the politics. Whether I'm a Democrat or whether I'm a Republican, that's not going to affect how I run that office. But it gets me into the office, so I can be the people's sheriff, not influenced by politics because I answer to no politician. I answer to you, Brian, I answer to Joe, I answer to all of your listeners. And that's what's great about the office of the sheriff is that I if I don't want the office to be political, it won't be political because I do not. I'm not appointed by a politician. I'm elected by the people. So we got to keep it that way. But once you're elected sheriff, you've got to keep the politics out of law enforcement. You're doom for failure. The current administration is failing.
Speaker 1: Put an exclamation point on that. For everything I've heard, so I'll tell you what. Let's take an early break here, I'll bring it back. I want to talk about a couple of other hot button issues that are going on, and one of them happens to be immigration. Lachlan, of course within Hamilton County. I want to get your perception of immigration, whether it has anything to do with crime, and what are the current statistics regarding crime. Local news keeps telling us that there isn't and hasn't been an increase in crime. In fact, it's dropping off. I'm a little bit skeptical or jaded and cynical over that conclusion under the circumstances. So we'll get Jim's take on those issues. Come up next again. You can check them out online. It's vote Jim Neil. And now I get to mention to you, jimmy Care fireplace in Stove. I love what they did for me. They kept my house from burning down. And I know that may be an overstatement, but when you have the Jeff Keeper, the owner who's been been around since nineteen eighty eight helping people with safety issues regarding anything that has a firebox in it, agains when he looks at you and says, you know what, I wouldn't use this. It gives you that look. I know him well enough to know exactly that is. Don't use your fireplace. It was trapping heat. It did not vent properly. It was the builder special and then you modified or whatever, but in the final analysis out it went safety critical. I got a new insert from Jimmycare Fireplaces, so I'm going back quite a few years now though. I just love it. And you know, it's got a remote control still gas that's we had before, but I can turn it on and off with a push of a button, raise of flame levels and the vent it has rather a blower in it, so he rereads the blower level to a higher speed, gets more heat into the room or less as the case may be. All kinds of different lighting options. Just something you can consider doing now before the fireplace season starts. They replace the whole lining and everything absolutely gorgeous from a you know, architectural standpoint. Everything, And there's a huge selection of inserts. You don't have to go gas like I did. You can do a self feeding wood waste pellet stove insert or your traditional wood burning insert. They've got them all. They also free standing stoves and free standing wood waste pellet stoves as well literally everything related to chimneys and fireplaces at the Chimneycare Fireplaces Stove Showroom, four thirteen Wards Corner Road. But in terms of safety, they find something wrong with your chimney, they're gonna let you know about to fix it for a right price. And they are truly experts at what they do. Video camera inspection. You may have water issues going on in there need to be swept, certified chimney sweeps. They have it all they do, tuckpointing, cap and damper replacement. I could go on for hours. Just go to Chimneycare co dot com learn all about it, Chimneycare code dot com. Think your safety before the fireplace season starts, call them and schedule that appointment of five to one three two four eight ninety six hundred A plus with a BBB five one three two four eight ninety six hundred KRC dot com. Tendine says We're gonna have a mostly sunny day to day, a bit breezy and high of eighty overnight loll is sixty three with partly cloudy sky's seventy five to the high tomorrow for Halloween, though afternoon and evening rain. It's going to be moving in with isolated storms. I hope it doesn't ruin the trick or treating forty seven overnight with some clouds and a sunny Friday with the highest sixty two sixty degrees. Right now, let's getting update on traffic.
Speaker 3: Chuck from the UCLW Tranffic Center, kind of on the expert team, and you see Health Orthopedics and sports Medicine. No matter the injury, same day appointments are available. Schedule onlining. You see Health dot Com. Cruisill. We're going by the new accident at westbound two seventy five at the northbound seventy one ramp. I'm not seeing a huge delay as of yet to get by. I do see breakwlights southbound seventy one above two seventy five towards Pfeiffer southbound seventy five. There's a wreck above Union Center, backing traffic to Tylersville. Chuck Ingramont. Fifty five KRC Talk Station.
Speaker 1: Seven here fifty five KRCD talk Station, A very happy Wednesday to you. After the top of the air news. The other key to law enforcement here in Hamilon County Prosecutor Melissa Powers joins the program to give us a final push to put her and her rather keep her in office Judge of Paulatano at eight thirty. The meantime, Jim Neil, former sheriff soon to be hopefully again sheriff. Vote Jimneil dot com is where you find them online. Now the National news has stumbled upon the issue that's going on in Lochland. And I'm not picking on Lachland. It's just that it happens to be in the national news within the last week. Three thousand, three thousand immigrants, both probably a mix of legal and illegal, but Mauritanians primarily. I don't know why Mauritanians chose Lachland as their destination city, but there they are. So the village of Lachland, a town of thirty four hundred peoples, has an influx of three thousand new arrivals. We'll call them, and the city officials and the mayor is like, we can't deal with this. It's uns literally, the word from the mayor is unsustainable. I'm not sure if there's any connection with crime there, but what's your connection with the illegal immigrant population? Your relationship with ICE. How you would run the sheriff's office this time around, Jim Neil.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's start with ICE, Immigration Customs Enforcement. Yes, as sheriff, any immigrant who is physically arrested and transported to the Hamilton County jail, that arrest will be reported to ICE so that they can conduct their investigation. And one of two things is going to happen when that immigrant is released from jail, whether making bond or serving thy sentence. ICE will be notified of that release. They're going to either interview the immigrant for additional information for their case file, or they're going to take custody because they have a federal court order to deport. And quite frankly, if these immigrants are violating our laws, Brian, they're showing signs of not being good citizens, why do we need to keep them. Let's deport them.
Speaker 1: Well, and certainly ICE will do its job if they're alerted to the immigrant population. Now, for her part, I know, Charmie mcguffee claims to be working with ICE. That's her claim. I guess the Inquiry interviewed her most recently, I guess a week or so ago, and her position. She claims is that she contacts ICE and has a working relationship with them. Do you believe that to not be the case?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 2: It is not the case. She's the only sheriff in Ohio not working with ICE. She will notify them after subsequent to release an offender. Hey, I released an immigrant instead of notifying them giving them up to forty eight hours to respond to the county jail to do their job. She's not working with ICE. That's a good question. You can ask the prosecutor as well. But she's not working with ICE.
Speaker 1: All right. Well, well it's not.
Speaker 2: Part of her party's agenda, Brian, And she's an agenda sheriff. She's a political sheriff. She's an activist. During twenty twenty, when I was sheriff, I would see her out there with these the twenty twenty movements that caused a lot of harm to our property and injuries to a person, and we affected a number of rests. She's been seen in those gatherings.
Speaker 1: She's an activist, no question about it from my perspective. Just giving you an opportunity to speak your case on the issue. Now moving over to the jail as well as staffing in the sheriff's department. Generally speaking, getting people to enter the field of law enforcement as a career choice hard enough given the circumstances in this country with the defund police mentality and the anti police mentality. Well, where are we in terms of numbers of the sheriff's office and to the extent we don't have sufficient staffing. What does Jim Neal do to right the ship and get folks to consider that as a career choice.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, we're gonna have to hire higher hire to staff the jail. There's no question about it. They've lost When I left in twenty one, every floor in the county jail was open for business. That's not the case now. So we are going to have to hire. And I've had I think former deputies approached me, Hey, if you get elected, can I come back? You know. So it's very positive the feedback that I'm getting. So hopefully with the proper leadership, the popper placement in these divisions of leaders it'll attract candidates. But it all starts from the top. Bryan and Uh, I'm going to go back to Lochland. I feel for them. I believe when you have numbers like that, I believe there's people behind the scenes, behind the scene work in this, the NGOs, the non government organizations bringing these people to these communities. Lochland, from what my understanding, is not a sanctuary village. Uh. They missed Cincinnati by a couple of miles there, Brian. And who's going to pay for the services? Brian? When you've doubled the population, you're going to need more public servant, including law enforcement paramedics. Who's going to pay for that? Lockporn can't afford to pay to double their uh, their numbers of public servants, So who's going to pay for Are the NGOs going to pay for.
Speaker 1: Nice one? Nice one?
Speaker 2: Well, maybe we need to go after them because apparently they're getting financial support for bringing them here. How about given that finances to Lachlin so they can grow their agencies to provide a service that is comparable to the population. Now and.
Speaker 1: Well, I just you know, the law enforcement one of multitude of layers of problems when you double the population of one town. The village administrator, the village administrator over there has just said it was about one hundred and fifty thousand dollarsand losses to the village because well, the illegal immigrants moved in, and since they don't pay taxes and are not eligible for employee the employment the residents are moving out, resulting in fewer tax dollars. I suppose any very complicated problem, but fundamentally, when it comes to law enforcement, a sheriff Neil will absolutely work with Ice and endeavor to remove them.
Speaker 2: And I'll work with Lachlan too. I work with all the agencies. You know that, Brian. Oh, Yes, We're going to share resources, including human resources. But I'm going to get the ship right. I'm going to get right staff, right size the people that we need so we can work hand in hand with the other agencies because this is a huge problem. Cincinnati is a sanctuary city. They brought poison to our region, and those of us who care are going to have the band together and deal with it well.
Speaker 1: Immigration is certainly one of the defining issues of this election. Jim Neil, I wish you all the best, my friend. I knew you did a great job when you were sheriff. We had a good relationship and I enjoy your open door policy, and of course you demonstrated the how wonderful it is when you have a great working relationship with multiple agencies across multiple jurisdictions that is critical to successful law enforcement in the region. And I know you're a huge, huge collaboration proponent, so I wish you the best. Jim. We'll keep my I'll keep my fingers crossed. You got my vote, and I know you get to vote to Christopher Smithman.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you. Fortunately, you know it's important to be a you know, follow the constitution and support that as well.
Speaker 1: Exactly you too, Man. Best of luck and God bless you. And fortunately George Soros can't vote in Hamilton County see. But do you have kre Zey talks stage. Yeah, I know, Joe, Yet that's a funny point. Being a spree of Keller Williams seven Hills and his awesome team since they's number one real estate group, Sree Group, Kellerwilliams seven Hills, your five star experience of ways you need a buyer's agent or sellers agent, We're going down that road. They truly, the team at Schabri Group truly brings exceptional value for they earn their commission and with the commission structure the way it is these days in and ears to your benefits separating the whek from the chaff. They are, though weak when it comes to CINCINNTI real estate agents. The top agents around you'll have a wonderful experience with them. Learn from their they'll they'll they'll keep you out of trouble as buyers and agents. I mean, I think about buyer's agent. You know, they see a house and you might see one thing, and an experienced professional like you get with the Sabree Group of Kellowiams seven Hills might see some things that you do not, some pluses or some minuses, some things you might want to factor into the you know, decision making process. So keeping you out of trouble and one of the programs out for there's multiple of them. But along those lines, if you buy a house through that process with them as your buyer's agent, and for any reason during the first year you find that you do not like that house, they'll sell it to you for free. They'll sell it for free, I mean no commission. That's that's one of the guarantees you get from the Sabri Group. Learn more. I'll go to seven zero eight three thousand dot com. I know the Sabri Group folks very well they're wonderful folks seven zero eight three thousand dot com. Then you can, of course call them up. Just put a five one three in front of it. Five one three seven zero eight three thousand