Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome to Pink Shade. It's Thursday. It's PAP and Bravo Thursday, and I've got my friend Melissa here from your bish therapist. And Melissa, if people don't know where you got the title of your podcast, can you explain? I know, but i'd like you for explain to the people.
Speaker 2: Yes, of course. And thank you Mary Payne for having me back. I'm so grateful and excited to be here. I love you so much. So my name comes from miss Amy Phillips originally called herself Your Bitch Wife based on and I don't know if people remember this. This was kind of like a vintage Real Housewives of New Jersey back when Teresa and Jojudicce were married and they were at this winery and Joe was talking to someone on his phone who it seemed like was a mistress. But that was like huge drama anyway, So he says to this person on the phone, here she comes my bitch wife. Yea right, So Amy Phillips, she loved that, and I I mean I didn't love it for Theresa, but it was just a wild moment of pop culture or history, and so I called into Amy Phillips podcast, and I kind of got to know her a little bit. She had asked a question about lexapro and as a therapist, I DMed her and I said, Amy, please allow me to be your bitch therapist and she just loved it and she was like, oh my gosh, that's hilarious. And so then eventually she had me on her show when I wasn't even this, I was just a therapist and the name was born, and I just changed it to Bish because I didn't think having a curse in the title would help me necessarily, so.
Speaker 3: I kind of pivoted on that.
Speaker 2: But it really does all come from real households of New Jersey and Amy Phillips and your Bish was born.
Speaker 1: Was this when she was on Reality Checked? Or was this when she started Drama Darling?
Speaker 2: This was when she was on Reality Checked. It was at the very end, right before she left. Yeah, And so in reality for me, her leaving Reality Checked and starting her new drama Darling venture worked really well for me.
Speaker 3: And I love Amy.
Speaker 2: I love her anyway, whether she's on serious or doing her own thing.
Speaker 3: I think she's fabulous.
Speaker 2: But yes, this is right at that transition time that Yabish was born.
Speaker 1: Okay, I love it. Well, you know, I love Amy. She's a good friend of mine. And I think it's so funny because I do wonder sometimes if people aren't into Vintage Housewives, or they haven't watched every episode of every season like people like us have, they might be like, I wonder what your bish therapist means? So there, I'm an Now we've explained it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean because the name sounds it's so funny. It sounds so opposite to who I am, because you know, sure I can be you know, sassy and all of these things, but I'm mostly team humanity.
Speaker 3: I'm such the opposite of a bitch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, it's so funny that that's my moniker.
Speaker 3: But you know, I adore Amy.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't have it any other way, and I'm honored that this is the moniker.
Speaker 3: This is what we're going so great.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of bitches, let's talk about some Bravo people in the news, and let's talk about Jill Zarren. All right, So it won't surprise you guys that I don't agree with Jill Zarren in her politics. We don't really talk politics here, but I felt what Jill did and if you guys don't know, I'll just tell you quickly. After Bad Bunnies halftime show, she went on a rant and you can find it anywhere. She took it down, but lots of people haven't include me you. She went on a rant about Bad bunny and the halftime show said it was anti American, said she didn't see any white people. She didn't recognize Lady Gaga, who's white. She didn't recognize her because of her facelift. She talked about Ricky Martin having a wig. She said she really just sort of tore the whole thing down. But really, her saying she didn't see enough white people and felt that there were subliminal messages and it was anti American got her fired from the job she's been trying for ten years to get. She has been trying for ten years to get back on TV, and she blew it, thinking everybody wants her opinion. On the halftime show, she even said Ali said I shouldn't say all this because I'm going to get canceled, but I have to say it. I'm sorry, And then in the comments she doubled down. People were like, you're right, Jill. You know, fuck the Puerto ricans, I don't know, and she's like, that's right. She doubled down in the comments because I read all of it in real time. Then she took it down and her excuses, what can I say, I'm human? Mm mmmmmmm mm. So she got fired. He has announced a new show called The Golden Hour and it is Ramona who let's just be honest, she's next Ramona Luayne, Kelly, Ben Simone Sonia. Right, so let me tell you what. Here's a prediction right here, right now, I predict Jill's gone. They're going to slide Torenda in.
Speaker 2: That's very interesting that you say that, because I do think Derinda feels chronically left out and she I mean speaking of bad behavior, you know, like there's a.
Speaker 1: Reason she's still in pause.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, well, and let me be honest, if you know, Bravo, whatever people want to say about Bravo, but Bravo knows.
Speaker 3: Who some of these women are.
Speaker 2: And I think that's why they didn't want this show back on Bravo. I mean, Bravo it's a community of inclusive people, allies and you know, advocates and all of that, and so I just I think that Jill's Jill's comments. Let me be clear, because I have people, I have more people arguing with me about this than other things, like other major things that I've said, like and you know, I don't necessarily talk a lot of politics either, but as a therapist, therapy is political, right. We have to support and advocate for marginalized groups and you know, cultural competence and all these things.
Speaker 3: I'd be the worst therapist in the world.
Speaker 2: If I was like, yeah, what Jill's saying is totally right.
Speaker 3: No, what Jill's saying, well, it.
Speaker 1: Would be like if you said, look her EXCU says she's human, and that's right. We're all human.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no. So here's here's my thought on this.
Speaker 2: I actually am an ambassador for a brand called I Am Human. I'm not kidding. Yeah, I'm an ambassador. It's I am Human. It is a clothing brand. Check it out i am human dot com. But and this was not meant to be a plug. But I am Team Humanity, and I am here to say that Jill's apology was a non apology. It was one of the worst non apology Housewives apologies we've ever seen. And being human doesn't mean that you get to spout off about being racist and hateful, and you know, America isn't just about white folks, and there's a group of people who If that's what you think America is, then you are woefully uneducated and misinformed.
Speaker 3: That's that's what I'll say.
Speaker 2: And I think that being human means that, yes, we make mistakes and we screw up, and we deserve grace.
Speaker 3: What Jill did wasn't a human mistake.
Speaker 2: She was outright racist, doubled down on it in her comments, and then this non apology apology was a pr move to sort of like, she still won't just say I was wrong.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Part of being human means when we make a misstep, we have to take accountability and ownership. So if Jill had said something like I didn't realize what I said was racist, that wasn't my intention, And I have now educated myself about, you know, the values that other cultures bring, and also celebrating other cultures doesn't mean that we have to hate or dislike them, like, we can celebrate other cultures while still appreciating our own. I think that's the thing that gets lost in this too. So, no, Jill's not human, She royally screwed up. She is making excuses. She does not deserve that apology, does not deserve empathy. It tells me that she is surrounded by an echo chamber of people who think just like her, and she is not open to learning or hearing anything different, and that is a real problem.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that you just in that last sentence, you nailed Jill not open to learning or anything different, because the behavior that we've seen of her is sort of constantly like, well, this is the way it should be and you're wrong. Like she goes around hotels and it is like, Hi, I'm at the I'm at the Rich Carlton of so and so, a five star hotel, and I got to tell you, whatever is the sinth they've got, it's wrong. They shouldn't have this scint and the hallways people don't like it. And you're like, exactly right, what what? So Yet, I think that that's always been her way, and it may be endearing and fun. If you're like kind of her part time Brandon and you see her four times a year, you may be like, oh, she's a lot. She's fun to go on a trip with bench And we joked that that's her personality, but I think in real life and I just want to again and I want to get your opinion. What is it like? I had an opinion on the Bad Bunny thing. My opinion is it was interesting. I don't speak Spanish, I know that one song, but I was interested afterwards, just like I was with the Kendrick Lamar last year, to afterwards find out all the symbolism, because when they do these halftime shows, yes, a lot of it is symbolism, and if you're not like a huge fan, you don't know, so it's cool later to go and see this meant this. This meant that, right, if Billie Ailish did a halftime show, nobody would have to explain it to me. I would know all the symbolism, right, But Bad Bunny and Kendrick Lamar I did not, So I think it's very interesting. I don't sit in my car and listen to Bad Bunny all day, and again I don't speak Spanish. I just enjoyed it because I thought it was interesting. But I did not feel the need to put a camera in my face and go on social media and explain that, because who gives a flying fuck what I think? Like? It was it wasn't for me, do you know what I mean? It wasn't for me. Sure, sure, And that's what I'm asking. What is the need to go to social media and give your hot takes?
Speaker 3: Oh boy?
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's a different set of issues, I'm sure.
Speaker 2: Well, and no, it's such a good question. And I love your comparison to the Kendrick Lamar thing because a lot of white people didn't get that either, And I'm just saying, like, as a white person, it's like there were a lot of folks who that was in English, but they were like, I don't understand this. But to your point, it's like, if you're a fan of the person, you understand the symbolism, like for example.
Speaker 3: Bad Bunny, the whole.
Speaker 2: Uh electric power thing where they kind of fell from that was a nod. And when Puerto Rico was without power for six months and there was no funding and no one gave a shit. So there there was a lot of cultural significance in what in the songs and what he was saying. And now I think that what makes people feel emboldened to put a camera in front of their face and and talk about it is I'm going to be honest, it's narcissism.
Speaker 3: And it's also.
Speaker 2: A really narrow worldview because Jill believes that everybody should think like her, right, and that is just not there's narcissism in that, like narcissist is the most overused word, like narcissist gaslighting, right, it's very overused. But we are talking about narcissistic traits and tendencies, which we all have, by the way, myself included, we all have those. I kind of look at it on a scale from you know, you know, not having a lot of traits and tendencies kind of on the left side and having.
Speaker 3: Tendan size right, yeah.
Speaker 2: Where it crosses over into disorder, because people can have narcissistic traits and tendencies without having a narcissistic person disorder or an antisocial personality disorder. But the closer you move over to this right side when it crosses into disorder, right, And that's for the person's therapist or psychologist or psychiatrist to figure out. But Jill is definitely somewhere on that line thinking that I'm going to say this and all people are going to support me, And again that just tells me not only that there's narcissism. There's also entitlement that she thinks her opinion should matter so much to the world, Like who cares what Jill thinks? As they said on the view, like who cares?
Speaker 1: Are we sitting around like, oh god, it's over. I can't wait to hear her, Jill Zarren has to say.
Speaker 3: Right right, yeah.
Speaker 2: So it's a mix of narcissism, it's a mix of entitlement. It's a little bit of kind of I'm going to be honest, a little bit of delusion because I think it just speaks to who Jill surrounds herself with. She probably, you know, Jill can never hear that she's wrong. She can never he that she's made a mistake. And so she's not going to be spending time with people who challenge her perspectives or give her different sides of things. They're gonna be all people who think just like her.
Speaker 1: It's interesting because her, uh, her boyfriend in the background, you could hear him going okay, no, you could hear him like disagreeing with her. And she said in the comments, Alie said, I'm going to get canceled. And Zara and Fabrics, which was owned by her former husband put out a picture of her face with a giant X on it and said, we do not support racism, bigotry. The fact that they put her headshot with an X on it with their statement was.
Speaker 2: Wild, so wild, so wild. But you know what it's like, what I appreciate is that people are We live in a very tenuous situation right now in the United States, and I just love that there's a lot of advocacy for cultural competence and appreciation of cultures that are different than ours.
Speaker 3: And I also thought it was hilarious.
Speaker 2: But did you see that the grandson didn't ask me anything on Reddit?
Speaker 1: And I, oh, my step grandson. So it's bobby grandson's it's her ex husband, I mean, not her, her former husband who died. Bobby's is Bobby's grandson, so her step grandson. Right.
Speaker 2: But I was I was seated and ready, and I was just like, that is wild, you know. But Sarah Fabrics, it's a business, and by the way, a business in New York, which hello is the Melting Post, right, and it's like, you know, a business and hopefully they really believe the things that they said.
Speaker 3: But I totally understand why they were.
Speaker 2: Like, do not associate this with us because they also just don't want that smoke.
Speaker 1: It's it's it is just it is like Troy behind the Blinds podcast posted and said, one thing about Jill, she's always going to fumble her bag, and that's right, one thing about her just when she's worked for ten years to get back on TV, she's gonna fuck it up and she has nobody to blame but herself. And it's everything about it is sad. But I am at see if you agree with me. I am stunned that the next day E fired her because people don't get fired over this shit, Melissa. People just don't.
Speaker 3: Well here's the thing.
Speaker 2: People don't get fired over this shit. Maybe other places, but I think E is just you know, I just think that there's a different generation, you know, running things or having input with things, and it's just I like that it's not being tolerated.
Speaker 3: I mean, was I so prized?
Speaker 2: Yeah, shocked, shocked, But am I supportive of it?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: In my comments on Instagram, people kept saying, you know faf FO, which is you know, f around and find out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we say this all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so I just I love that actions do have consequences, and sometimes we live in a world where it feels like that's not happening, right, And so I think people myself included, it's like, well, this might be a small win, but we consider it a win because someone somewhere is paying attention and holding someone accountable for something. Okay, it's not going to fix the world, but hey, Jill's Aaron fumbled her bag. Full agree on that, and she has nobody to blame but herself.
Speaker 3: Because here's the thing.
Speaker 2: Ramona is as equally as problematic, let's be real, if not significantly more problematic, if I'm being honest.
Speaker 3: But he is.
Speaker 2: Smart enough to keep her racism quiet. Now she is smart well, and it's not I mean, I'm being facetious obviously because I don't tolerate racism, but she, even Ramona is going to be like, oh, well, I'm not going to do that. You know, She's learned about what to say and where to say it, I think, and so, but I am just wondering. I'm like, well, where are people reviewing Ramona's you know, tweets and her stuff on social media and her ridiculous racist rants, Like where is all that for me? I'm just not here for this new reboot. I know that Countess Luanne is an advocate and an ally, and Kelly ben Simone made a statement too, but I'm just like, I don't know, do we really?
Speaker 3: Oh Sonia?
Speaker 1: I had to immediately host clips of her from the show where it's like I love all my Latin friends, I'm at my I'm It's gay Tuesday at my house. She I mean, within thirty minutes she had all those clips ready showing how she's and I was like, whos Sonya's he was pulling those clips because how could you even remember the twenty years ago she said I love all my Latin gaze? Like, how could she tell you that clip so fast?
Speaker 3: I was like, so I know, but also I do.
Speaker 2: I think it is hilarious to be like there was someone else and the name is escaping me. That was like, oh my gosh. Brandy Glanville tweeted about She's like, well, I love bad Bunny and I think he's so hot.
Speaker 3: But Jill has the right.
Speaker 2: To her opinion, and it's like, are we really trying to say I'm attracted to Puerto Rican men so therefore it's not racist?
Speaker 3: Like is that really what we're trying to do here. But Sonya's think too.
Speaker 2: It's like, well, I have friends who are Puerto Rican and all this stuff, and it's like, Okay, let me be really clear. We cannot be allies or advocates for a marginalized group if we're voting actively against their rights, right, That's what I'm going to say. And so having someone having friends who are Puerto Rican or Latin, or finding someone in a tract of like bad Bunny, that's not like, that's not advocacy. That's kind of performative and all of that stuff. But I just think Sonya is you know, Sonya, it's Sonya Rita. She's just like, that's her personality.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think that was intended to be. You know, I don't know what the word I'm looking for.
Speaker 1: I think it's I think it's hilarious that she still has an intern that can, at the blink of an eye pull up a clip from her from twenty years ago incorporating Latin gay culture. You know, it was like, oh god, listen, I got a porter twice every year. I love it. You know, You're like, wow, she's got somebody working double time pulling these things. I know, I love it. I was like, yes, Luanne always on the right side. Now not always probably, but not when she tried to when she threatened to murder the cop.
Speaker 3: But oh yeah, I forget about that.
Speaker 1: So we'll see what happens with this new show. I'm predicting they're gonna slide Durinda in, who also got in some trouble after the Traders for her behavior towards Ron.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Derinda has just had real bad behavior for a really long time.
Speaker 1: And so she's not getting back on Bravo.
Speaker 3: She will.
Speaker 1: She is on Radio Andy with Keikim Monique, which I can I have no clue and no personal knowledge, but I can imagine it's a daily struggle for keik But I have no knowledge of this. I'm just projecting imagine it would be hard. So she is on Radio Andy, but she's never been invited back to be on any show on Bravo. Yeah, you know, I think funny crappy Lake's been off with Derenda nothing, So I don't think she's ever getting back on Bravo. So she better really make sure she keeps her mouth shut because she wants to be back on TV. Too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Derenda it has that same thing as Jill, where they just cannot keep their mouth closed. They just think that their voices need to be heard all the time, and again there's a narcissism entitlement, but also listen, a desire for attention, which is fair, like all humans need love and attention and support. We all do that, but I think they need to do that privately and give up the ghost of trying to be beloved by fans, like maybe do some internal work, love yourself and then get the love and support from the people around you instead of you know, from I.
Speaker 1: Think Jill loves herself a lot. I think she's doing just fine with that.
Speaker 3: She does tend to love herself a lot.
Speaker 2: But sometimes people like that, there are a lot of kernels underneath that of really not feeling good enough. Sometimes it's overcompensating, and sometimes they really do believe that, and then that can be part of a greater issue.
Speaker 1: That's why does yeah Jack Saylor Okay, And when I say Jax, I mean he has discussed, he's obviously diagnosed. What did he say? He goes He was a nine out of a ten on the narcissism scale. Or whatever, and we're like, hey, yeah, yeah, yeah he said that on one of the Valley After shows in the first season. He goes, yeah, I took that test and I was like nine out of ten on the I was like, I'm surprised you weren't eleven out of ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm surprised they didn't find a new scoring system for checks Taylor.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So we haven't heard from him in a while. My understanding of that is that allegedly he was in a full, you know, four month rehabah, which is what he needed, which is what he needs to be away he did and not be able to come home and check his mail.
Speaker 3: And terrorist Brittany Dey on camera, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Ury rehab. Okay, that's Jill's err and we solve that. Now, let's see if we can solve the Karen Huger interview. Okay, so I watched it now last week I talked to Dylan and Pat a Bad TV about it, but they had not fully seen it. They had only seen clips. I studied it like the Uppruval film because I couldn't get over the new nose. You guys, I know that's not important, but she got that nose job before she went to prison, because which they showed her come out and she had the braids and the due rag and stuff, she'll real cute and everything when they if we're to believe that was not a reenaction, which I can't imagine she went to the courthouse and reenacted that with flashbulbs and stuff, assuming that was when she actually came out and she gets in the car, they got the go pros. She had that nose, She had that new nose. Because when I just first saw the clips, I was like, new nos do this, But then when I saw the whole episode with her coming out, I was like, she's already got the new nose. So she got that new nose before she went to prison, which, by the way, kind of smart gave it time to settle.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's true, that's accurate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because other people were like, if she got out in September and this interview is airing in January, she definitely didn't get out of prison, go right to it surgeon and have two months to recover and have a nose look like this by the time she's a interviewed with Andy. There's just not enough time.
Speaker 3: One thousand percent.
Speaker 2: Yes, proven by the fact that we've seen some of our housewives get work done right before like.
Speaker 3: The season starts.
Speaker 2: Yes, you can tell like Vicky Gunfilson, and you can tell that something's off like it does take time. So that is a good breakdown because I asked you before we started filming this, I was like, when did she do it? And but then it's like, if you think about that, right, does not that also inform our perspective about this interview where it's like, so you were going to be on trial, you weren't listening to your lawyers, you were in rehab, and you also found time to get plastic surgery, Like, does that not inform our thinking about what Karen's priorities are?
Speaker 3: That's wild.
Speaker 1: It is wild to me, and you know the listeners know here. You know my husband is recovering alcoholic. He's eleven years sober. So I am very familiar with the language. Yes, thank congratulations to him. I'm very familiar with the language. I'm familiar with rehab. He was in a rehab facility for ninety days in Utah. I'm familiar with the trauma. I'm familiar with what it does to your family. I'm familiar what it does to the addict, all of it. Okay, personal lived experience is what I'm going from this. I can't imagine that he would let's just say he came out of rehab and his first thing would be like, you know, I've never felt my teeth are white enough, so I'm gonna give venears. I can't imagine it would be on his mind. His whole being is like, I am trying to be sober today, right, I'm not considering going under anesthesia so I can get some painkillers to get a procedure.
Speaker 3: Boom boom. Because that's the other thing. And because so you have that lived experience.
Speaker 2: And I spent a lot of my career working in in PA drug and alcohol treatment, so I also have a very good understanding. I've seen people, you know, sick and under the influence of that addictive thinking, and then you see them when they cross over into recovery. And there is something about people who are truly working one day at a time to save their own lives. And the one thing I'll say is there is one cornerstone that you'll see among people who are really doing the work, and that is humility. Humility, to me is one of those things that It's like if someone comes out of treatment and they're still having so much hubris about you know this or that, or if they haven't let all of that go and surrendered. To me, that's still addictive thinking, that's still alcoholic thinking. There's still so much illness that I see in that lack of humility.
Speaker 3: If that makes sense, well.
Speaker 1: I needed to give Jax is another example of just you know, we're just going with people on our television guys, not people we actually know. But if we look at Jackson as an example of somebody with no humility, right just never would accept he had a problem. Now, we don't know with what he's been doing. Now if maybe we will actually see some growth in him, it would be shocking because we're so used to seeing no growth. But maybe, you know, we'll see. But with Karen, she flip flopped so much during this interview to say no, she's not an alcoholic and then later said alcoholism, So which one is it? And then she said, like she corrected Andy when he said he drove drunk four times, She's like, love me, correct you. Only two of those were DUIs. Two of the other ones were alcohol related incidents. And that's parsing like I'm just again my own experience with my husband and other addicts in my life would never say, well, well I did that, but I didn't do that because they quickly know how to replace the language and go. But it's not about what I did compared to this or that. It's about taking accountability for what I did right.
Speaker 2: Right. The language that Karen used throughout this interview, she was speaking out of both sides of her mouth, which that told me that she has not changed.
Speaker 3: This has not sunk in for her.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: In fairness, we have both seen that to get into recovery, it's a long, lengthy process.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Not only do you have the detox in the withdrawal period when you first stop using, you have what's called post acute withdrawal syndrome PAUSE for short that can last for years.
Speaker 1: Right. Yeah, So I.
Speaker 2: Say this because I do hope that Karen can get there, But the language is incongruent with her actions. She is still trying to make excuses for her behaviors. Correcting Andy was so bold and just so stupid, because someone who's really in recovery. Part of being in recovery, especially if you're working a twelve step program. A lot of it is looking at our character defects and owning and saying yes, making amends for these are the decisions that I made. Someone who is truly owning something accountable and making amends through their behaviors is not going to quabble over a couple of words that Andy said there is still so much narcissism, and that there's still entitlement, there's still a willfulness that you can't have that wilfulness and be sober, because the whole thing with sobriety is surrender, surrendering that right there is something greater than ourselves, and Karen has most certainly her language has told me she has not surrendered. If anything, What actually made me angry and I cannot wait to watch the reunion is that Karen how slips into this reunion even though she was in jail for the entire season. And I watch her reading Wendy and it's like, listen, honey, you need to sit down, take some accountability of your life before you try reading anybody.
Speaker 3: You need to look at your own self. And that's just how I know she's full of it. She is full of it. Yeah, I don't like it.
Speaker 1: I didn't like how she quabbled over if she was in NA or AA and how she was addicted to pills not alcohol. Alcohol was not calling to her, and Andy goes, it was definitely called to you the night you got the dui, and she was like, it wasn't calling to me that night. It doesn't matter if it was calling to you. You got a dui. You were like four times over the legal limit. We saw the video right right.
Speaker 2: It's so common, though, to see people have more comfort with using A over B like I would see that all.
Speaker 3: The time time and impatient treatment.
Speaker 2: They're comfortable with I use alcohol, but I'm not comfortable with saying I use methamphetamines.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: That part is human.
Speaker 2: But what angered me to no extent that I will happily talk about right now is that she weaponized antidepressants as the cause for her behavior. And so let me because this is something I talked about on my podcast and.
Speaker 3: A lot of people felt they appreciated it.
Speaker 2: I believe Karen is using the broad term antidepressant to mask some things that she was really doing.
Speaker 1: She would not say what it was because the pharmaceutical company's going to sue her.
Speaker 2: Well, here's why what, Because if she's making claims that an antidepressant led to drunk driving, she will get sued because that is patently false. Antidepressants, Now, there are different levels of antidepressants. I'm not going to go all dorky science here, but there's SSRIs select serotonin reuptake inhibitors and then s NRIs selective neuroepenephrine reuptake inhibitors. Those medications like paxel, lexapro, prozac, things like that, those don't cause drunk driving. Those are life saving for people who struggle with depression. And I'm going to be honest myself included. I'm a lexapro gal here.
Speaker 1: I have a question.
Speaker 3: I take a fixer.
Speaker 1: Which one is that? Which which category is? Effects are in Vincent's vinyl flexifhlene as I like.
Speaker 3: I know all those names are really really hard to say.
Speaker 2: I've actually taken effects or two and I I didn't have good luck on that.
Speaker 3: I've taken it.
Speaker 1: For surprise eleven years.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, if it works for you, that's great. Okay, So it is effects or is an s n R I? Okay, So lexapro is an SSRI I? Okay an SNRI I didn't work for me, So an SNR I did work for you, and that's what effects her. Is now, what I believe that Karen may have been talking about is something like xanax or adavan, which xanax is a benzodiazepine.
Speaker 1: Benzon now correct.
Speaker 2: So benzo diazepines, for those who don't know, are highly addictive. And when you mix a benzodiazepine with alcohol, that honestly could be deadly.
Speaker 3: And I will tell you what is a benzodiazepine.
Speaker 2: It's going to decrease your heart rate, your respiratory rate. It's kind of like a nervous system. It calms your nervous system, right, it's and it's not an antidepressant, but it can be helpful when used clinically appropriately for short term for panic and anxiety disorders and things like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, xanax, I talk about it all the time. The joke in our house is half a XANX, half a xanax because if I ever have to fly, and not as much as I used to be cause I fly so much now, but it used to any time I had to fly, I would be like, I have to take a half of a innex and that's like the kids make a joke like, oh, Mom's gonna take a half a Anex I got. I really wish I wouldn't make that joke because it does make me sound like I have a problem. I get a Xanax prescription that'll last me like two years, because if I ever have anxiety, and it used to be every year. I'll give you another example. We had a Christmas party every year. It's the maximum, twenty five to thirty people, not a big party, but for some reason, I would get so sweaty, like I'm just right now, like my mouth would get dry, it'd be sweaty. I'd be so freaking dirpous. I could feel it just my heart going out of my chest, like why, And I would at Christmas take the half the Xanx. I wouldn't have a drink at the party because I know you're not supposed to, but I would say, I'm gonna have to take half a a Innex. And so at my wedding, I was about to walk down the aisle and had a Carrie Bradshaw get this dress all of me moment. Had to take the whole thing off. And it's not because I didn't want to get me. I hate the idea and this is again counterintuitive to what I do for my job. I hate the idea of people looking at me. Sure, right, and that's why I hate that. Now we're all on video whatever, but that's a whole nother thing. But I hate the idea of everybody looking at me and my mom. This is I've told the story a million times. My mom pulled out like an old lady pill bottle out of her bag, which had like Tom's admil.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: I don't know what else she had in there. She poured it out on the couch like xanax covered in Rolds. Right, and my friend, who's a pharm d a doctorate of pharmacy, looked at all of them and she knew what they were. She got the xanax, gave me like a quarter of whatever it was. She talks about that twenty five years. My friend still talks about this day. She was like, I've never seen anything like that your mom. I was like, my mom has probably had that onex for ten years.
Speaker 3: For twenty years.
Speaker 1: Waiting for somebody to need it, and it's covered in like tones enroll a. Does you just liked it off? To me, and twenty minutes later I was okay.
Speaker 2: Right, well, listen, let me be super clear, because I have.
Speaker 1: You need it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have complex PTSD and I do have a lot of struggles with panic and anxiety due to medical trauma.
Speaker 3: And so is xanax.
Speaker 2: I use little bits in like intermittently, and so I'm not here to say that xanax is bad or you shouldn't ever use it. But what I think happened with Karen is she she's claimed that she got the prescription right, and then you know she's mixing it with alcohol.
Speaker 3: And then she.
Speaker 1: Wasn't really saying that, Melissa really saying she's mixing with alcohol, which obviously is what.
Speaker 2: It was, well clearly, But I guess what I'm saying to you and to everyone listening is there's a way to use xanax's short term.
Speaker 3: Acutely for exactly what it is that you said. If your nervous system.
Speaker 2: Is jacked up and you literally are having panic in anxiety, it can help calm your nervous system down. Beta blockers are good for that too. But what happens is sometimes people get them prescribed and they don't know that they shouldn't take them every day, because what will happen with a benzodiazepine like that is you need more and more and more to get the same effect. And so I've had some people had to come into treatment because, let's say a PCP prescribed it, they were taking it every day and it lost effectiveness, and then their body became physiologically dependent upon it.
Speaker 1: More correct, more correct.
Speaker 2: So what you're talking about is the appropriate way to use it. I use it appropriately too. If I'm having a panic attack or you know, a moment where my nervous system is jacked up, I will take a very small dose of it temporarily. That's what it's used for. But Karen is just weaponizing. She's trying to use semantics, which bothers me. And that's also how I can tell that she's not really doing the work. She's doing semantics to kind of pick and choose her accountability and it's just not it's just not flying. So but to be clear, that's why she couldn't make the statement because she would have gotten sued for making false claims about antidepressants.
Speaker 1: Can I just say, why couldn't she just say? You know, I don't want to say specifically but it was a benzo. I don't want to say specifically, but it was an SSRI. I don't know why she wouldn't say that, because it just leads us to be like, it could have been this, It could have been that, It could have been this, it could have been heroin. I mean, you know what I mean, Like, why wouldn't she say?
Speaker 2: Well, I think because she's she's The word that I'll use is she's obfuse skating like it's one of my favorite new words, which is like she's just trying to hide her stuff from people?
Speaker 1: Is it pain pills? Like did she have a back surgery? And that we see this all the time. Why wouldn't she say I got addicted. She didn't have to say oxy cotone. She could say pain pills. She didn't have to say xanax, she could say a benzo.
Speaker 2: Right, because she's full of it, That's why. Because full of that, and she wants to blame. She wants to she wants anyone other than Karen Huger to be at fault for why she does what she does. But let me be really clear about something. Karen Huger had an alcohol addiction twenty years ago.
Speaker 3: Right, she was.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing about people, They will always tell on themselves if you know what to listen for. She said, twenty years ago, Raven and her son Brandon and Ray were so concerned that she was an alcoholic, and she even admitted that the rumors that Ashley shared at the reunion were true, that she would be a legal seafood, that she would day drink and Ray would have to pick her up. Okay, here's the thing, wo, if alcoholism was your problem twenty years ago, alcoholism doesn't surprisingly remit or go into remission or go away without blood, sweat and tears.
Speaker 3: It doesn't.
Speaker 2: And so Karen told on herself in that moment, because I was listening. If alcoholism was an issue for you twenty years ago, it's certainly an issue for you now. You're just not comfortable noting that you want it to be due to something a doctor gave you. And I'll tie this up in a nice little bow. And the reason why is if a doctor gave it to her, then Karen Huger isn't responsible if it's drinking, and if it's alcoholism, she's the only one responsible to blame.
Speaker 1: And it called to her well.
Speaker 3: She even said this.
Speaker 2: In the interview, she did say to Andy, she said, I'm not as comfortable talking about alcohol because that's my decision. But a doctor prescribing me this is more comfortable. And this is why, because it gives her someone to blame shift on. She can blame Shift on the word antidepressant because there's enough people who aren't educated to say, oh, well, maybe that is a thing.
Speaker 3: I'm here to tell you it's not.
Speaker 2: I've been on antidepressants for I don't know decades, and I've never drunk.
Speaker 3: I never drove drunk one time.
Speaker 1: I know. Probably I'd say eighty percent of people in my life are on some kind of something, and I don't. They don't, I mean, the majority of them don't go around drinking and driving, you know.
Speaker 2: Sure, And then you know, listen, there are comorbid you know, it's called dual diagnosis where people, and I would argue most folks in addiction have some underlying mental health stuff, right, whether it's depression, anxiety.
Speaker 1: Right, That's why why starts trying to.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're trying to self medicate, because being human is hard, and when you are, when you're experiencing these things and you don't have a good treatment plan. People cannot tolerate that and then they self medicate. So what dual diagnosis says is that we have to focus on the mental health stuff that led to all that or underlying it, and we have to focus on the addictive part that drinking, the drugs, whatever it is.
Speaker 3: So Karen is just trying. She's she's she's doing half steps.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm not sure if you guys are familiar with this term, but I talk about the term a thirteenth stepper, which is so.
Speaker 3: A thirteenth stepper is.
Speaker 2: Someone who they come into the program, they have not worked on themselves one iota, but they're trying to be sponsors and mentor people and talk and give this grand explanation of what, you know, how great they are. But really it's just all bs and that that's Karen. She is using young women to mentor as a way to go around her own healing because helping others feels good. And here's the thing, it appears helping people appears altruistic, But Karen's not really helping people because she wants to help. She was helping because it lessened her prison sentence, Like she wasn't asked to run these meetings. It was a part of her conditions to be released early. So it's like, you know, Judge Judy had this saying like, don't be on my leg and tell me it's raining. Like Karen's being on her leg and being like, I'm sober, and it's like, but you're not doing a girl, You're just not.
Speaker 1: It was wild when she was like because she had been in like a treatment program. So let's just say she gets the sentence, or before she gets the sentence, she goes into a treatment program, she gets a NOO's job, she goes to prison, like all these things happened at the same time, and then she goes in there and was like and now I'm the leader of the group. You've been sober forty five days and now you're leading meetings. There's probably people young women in that prison who have a lot more sober time than she does, and probably we get a lot more programs than she has.
Speaker 3: I guarantee it.
Speaker 2: And can I also give a little bit of Tea in terms of like, well it's not Tea, but the reason I think she prefers nakay. So there's different like in the TOLSTA programs, NA is narcotics synonymous, in AA is alcoholics anonymous. Okay, but people who are sober and in recovery know that a drug is a drug is a drug.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's period.
Speaker 2: But what Karen's trying to do is delineate because of her own discomfort with what she was doing. But the reason I believe she prefers NA is because typically, depending on geographically where you live, NA tends to be younger folks who are more suggestible, who are more in need of maybe some mentoring, and I think Karen feels like a mama hen among younger folks in AA. You have a lot of people who know that there's young there are young people in AA, but they're also like, well they call them like old heads. Yes, yes, yes right where they're old timer people who have been sober thirty forty years in AA. And the reason why I think she doesn't like that it is not only she's just uncomfortable with her alcohol use. She also doesn't want people who know more than her trying to tell her to call her out how she needs to hear. Yeah, younger people aren't going to do that. But if you meet an old timer in AA, he's going to spot your shit immediately, immediately going to call you out on it, and you're not gonna like that. So that's also why I think that is.
Speaker 1: My husband used to go to a meeting around here and everybody was real old, and he loved the phrase that whoever has the most abridey, like this person's got thirty years, this person's got twenty two years. You know, at that time he had won two years. He's a The person who had the most bridey was whoever woke up earliest that day. And he was like so because he was like, because the day's not over, lot, it's going to bring It doesn't matter if you're thirty years sober, we're doing it today, you know, right right, And it's so all the AA talking and my brother in law sober too, and my sister is, you know, twelve years in alan On and they just do a lot in their community. So I get a lot of the phrasing, even more so from them from my husband. But every so often my husband will will bring out a saying about like about like stay in your hulu hou or whatever. We're all like, we don't know what you're talking about, but it is that it is if you go to one of those meetings and somebody who's been in there thirty five years sober and they see somebody coming in like, well, my wife is so mean and I had to drink because she's such a bit and she's making me come here, they will not tolerate that you're in the wrong place. Yeah right.
Speaker 2: The reason for that is because when it comes to the disease of addiction, which is deadly and it wants to kill you, there is no room for going back to fuck the term fucking around and finding out, there is no room for that, Like Carl Radkey on Summer House, when you lose someone to addiction, when you understand this disease wants to kill you. The whole thing that gets people sober and keeps them sober is rigorous honesty and full and complete accountability. And what happens in the program is they give you a cent. It's called different things, but giving a responsible concern is part of what your job is to help other people see their blind spots.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Healing is not for the faint of heart, and it's not for people who have weak egos. To really heal, you have to own your character defects. You have to be rigorously honest, and that means you have to do that with yourself, and you have to do that with other people. Other people cannot hear that. That is a huge red flag for.
Speaker 3: They're not ready. They just starn't ready.
Speaker 1: Let's meet a Carl Rakky because I'm not a summer house any person. I know everybody. Well, I don't want to hear about it. Okay, I don't watch it. I don't care, so don't come at me. So, but I do know the players. I don't know the game. So I know Carl, I know who he is. I know he's sober or whatever. Didn't you think it was interesting because you were just talking about if you're an alcoholic twenty years ago, you're still an alcoholic today. Didn't you think it was interesting that Chrissy Tagan posted with Carl Radkey saying he was like a mentor to her. Chrissy Tagan posted, She's married to a guy who's almost got an egot or does have an egot, right, and she herself is, you know, very well known and famous and written miny cooklicks and all this that Karl Radkey showed her that because she had stopped drinking maybe five years ago, but decided somewhere along the lines, it's okay, I could have a glass of wine with my friends. And then that became like is at five o'clock? And then that became who cares, it's lunch, and then and I'm not doing anything, and then you know, she says, and then you slip back into it, which is I think exactly what happened to Karen. She probably didn't drink heavily for a long time and then was like, well, I'm on the show, so it's fine, and then slowly is well, you see the people several seasons ago calling her out like she called me and she has no idea what she said, and you know, and then for them to be like, no, she's been drinking like this for years and years and years, and this is not her first EUI, it's her fourth. It's her fourth alcohol related arrest. Andy, you know, well, I will be pat and Dylan said last week they think the reason she was and again they had not seen the whole thing that they thought the reason she was so adamant to not say alcoholic and that alcohol calls to her or it doesn't, but it was the pills that were the problem. They felt it was because she wanted to be able to drink on camera again without being judged.
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, I think I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think she would ever do that. But I thought that about Lui into.
Speaker 3: Well, that's that's right.
Speaker 2: And I think there's value to that perspective, is that she's not she doesn't isn't ready for her life to be as different as it needs to.
Speaker 3: Be to be sober.
Speaker 2: So I do I do think there's something to that.
Speaker 3: I really do.
Speaker 2: And you know, I guess she doesn't want to be judged, but like it's not about judgment. It's just about like being honest because we want Karen to survive and we want other people to survive because it is a public safety issue to be drinking and driving. But I mean, that's an interesting that is an interesting theory. I just I just think like denial and minimization. You know, when it comes to addiction, there are what's called the motivational stages of change and motivation to change. It's not linear, it's cyclical, meaning you can be sober like Christy Teagan for how many years, and then you can just denial and minimization creeps in right, and they call that the sleeping tiger in the recovery space is that if you sleep on your disease, it's going to come back, and it's going to get you. And the only thing, the only thing that prevents that is rigorous honesty from yourself and from other people, because blind spots can't exist when you have people around you giving you feedback about your behaviors. But Karen doesn't want that, And so why doesn't she want that? I think it's a million reasons. It's denial, it's minimization. She's not ready for her life to be different. She doesn't want to own her stuff. She wants it to be someone else's fault. But most importantly, I do think she wants to be back to being the grand dam. She wants to pretend this all never happened and go back to being on TV. And again that's a red flag to me, considering like your priority should be you and your her husband, because the one thing that we found out from that interview is that Karen has been miserable with Ray. Yeah, miserable. She called Mary Payne, she called her home a tomb.
Speaker 3: Do you understand?
Speaker 2: She called her home a tomb.
Speaker 1: And then she was like, and Ray and I have decided. You know, if after this is all over it like I don't want to be with him, like he's okay with it, I'm like, go ahead and do it. Why are you prolonging this? Just go ahead and live in separate parts of the house if you can't afford to have two different homes, Like I listen speaking of addiction, because I know I don't have you for hours and hours, because we could discuss this for hours and hours. Yes, speaking of addiction, I do want to talk to you about Southern charm because what I find very interesting is the craig of it all. Also fully saying to Austin, you don't understand what it's like to have an attic brain, Like I can't just have one drink now. Meanwhile, while he was saying this two seasons ago, over last season, he's sitting with the bottle of Don Pierreon next to him, open a bottle, not not a glass, just a bottle, just from the bottle. But he's saying, you don't understand what it's like to be an addict. I can't go out all the time and have drinks because I'm an addict. I don't know when to stop. Excuse me, chug. So anyway, it was crazy, right. He explained he can't go out like that anymore because of he has an addictive personality this season, Like somebody pointed out, Austin was mad at him last season because he wasn't fun, it didn't go out, and Austin is mad at him this season because he is fun and going out. So but I think what Austin is saying is, man, you sat with me on the beach and gave me a heartfelt explanation that you're an addict, and now this season you're sloppy drunk all the time. And I'm not supposed to say anything as a friend. I'm not supposed to like, hey, man, are you okay? Like what are you doing? So what is your thought on that with Craig?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So my thought on that is that Austin is a thousand percent correct because he realized that Craig.
Speaker 3: Was manipulating him.
Speaker 2: Yes, because when you excuse me, when you cut someone off at the knees with a conversation and sorry, this sunlight just like poked through and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like also and I'm dark.
Speaker 1: Oh you guys were I'm watching on video and all of a sudden, I'm like, wow, didn't the clips just happen outside of your window?
Speaker 2: Literally, I podcast in the front of my house and we have this huge picture window. So for anyone watching the video, it's just like, we'll get dark and like, I don't know, it's it's wacky anyway.
Speaker 3: Sorry, if you're done.
Speaker 1: Really you're pretty though, because it makes those flowers behind you look like they're kind of blowing.
Speaker 3: It looks beautiful. Yeah, and I'm just like, okay.
Speaker 2: So I think that Austin was completely right because one thing that I said at the beginning of the season, I was like, wait a second. If Craig was saying last season that he was an addict and an alcoholic and now he's just drinking, then that means he's relapsed and people need to be.
Speaker 3: Way more concerned.
Speaker 2: That was what my brain said, and so very sweaty, oh my gosh, so lots of lots of physiological expressions of whatever it is that.
Speaker 3: He's doing, which is a concern.
Speaker 2: But I think that going back to what I was saying, Austin realized that Craig used that to manipulate him so that Craig could win the argument, and Austin didn't have a leg to stand right, what.
Speaker 1: Are you going to say with somebody says I'm an addict, I can't. Then the conversation's over. You have to be like and then he support let me support you.
Speaker 3: Yeah right.
Speaker 2: He weaponized his stuff to manipulate and this season, Austin had every right to say, wait, wait, wait a second, All of a sudden, now you're not an addict anymore, You're just drinking.
Speaker 3: And what am I supposed to believe? Number one? Number two?
Speaker 2: I now realize that you use that because Craig cannot The reason why Austin and Craig have what Whitney called a circle jerk of acrimony, which I felt was like a really interesting choice of words for Whitney.
Speaker 1: Whitney's a poet. Come on now, circle that's beautiful.
Speaker 2: I was like, that is one of the most hilariously beautifully descriptive things that I've ever heard in my entire life. But the reason they have that is because they cannot resolve any conflict, because Craig is always like wanting to exit the conflict where he looks good, but there's nothing that's really resolved. And Austin, Now, listen, Austin is fully a part of this, right, he plays his own role. He can be provocative to Craig and all these other things. He has his own stuff. But I think in this instance he has every right to be concerned, and I think the fans should be more concerned. If someone is saying they were sober and now they're drunk every night, that's a concern for me because that's what we call a relapse.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's a relapse. And even like Shep, who has had his own problems and god knows I've I've I personally have been felt up by chef at a Bravo con just handled them. He's just real sloppy.
Speaker 2: However, hold on, Mary Payne, are you are you serious?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, grabbed your.
Speaker 1: Boob, not on purpose, but he's very tall and his arm around me, and I'm like, okay.
Speaker 2: Oh, oh okay, Well I still don't love that, but anyway, I'll send you some photo evidence, so.
Speaker 3: Please, I would love that's very drunk. Let's yeah, no, very very.
Speaker 1: Very gross and drunk, right, and it has been very, very gross and drunk and He's done it at ravocn four years in a row, did it this year too. So even though when he got in trouble for it two years ago, he was like, now I'm just drinking beer now. As you know, addicts do this. They try to say, Okay, I'm only going to drink on the weekends. I'm only going to drink beer. I only drink after five. My husband's think used to be like, I'm going to stop drinking at ten, so at nine to fifty five before himself drink this big but you know what I mean, like you make it. So that's what we've seen Shef do. Shef has never said I'm an alcoholic. I have a drinking problem. I need help. He has said I'm trying to better myself and get my drinking under control. Smart because he can still drink if he wants. Craig has said I'm an addict. I am an addict. He said those words. He did what So what does he think is going to happen when he's drinking on camera? Same as Luann? Right, what do you think is gonna happen? We're going to fucking call you out for it?
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: But the thing is that Craig.
Speaker 2: The one thing that he's really bad at is being impeccable with his word. Like Craig does not know how to be truthful, I really truly believe, and you know, Kate, yes, right right, So he he is not impeccable with his word, meaning like he just throws whatever out there, and then he gets angry that people hold him accountable for the words that he says, because that's the world he lives in. That whatever he wants to say is Lucy Goosey, that whatever he feels.
Speaker 3: In the moment.
Speaker 2: You know, he's very much like Kyle Cook from Summer House, which I know you don't watch, and I'm not going to judge you for that, but there. You know, there's this term in recovery which I talk a lot about in my podcast, which is called king baby.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you've ever heard that term, Mary Pain king baby. So king baby is someone who.
Speaker 2: Is struggling with addiction and they believe that every the word world should bend to their will and everything should go their way and it's all about them. And you know, Craig and Kyle Cooke to me are king babies in that like just because you have big feelings, doesn't mean that gives you the right to hurt other people or wound other people, or take it out on other people, like they are responsible for how they feel. It's not Amanda Batula's fault, Kyle's wife, it's not Austin's fault.
Speaker 3: It's Craig. It's him. He needs to focus on that Jack.
Speaker 1: This is a lot like Jack's too. Everything is everybody else's fault, right.
Speaker 3: That's that's exactly right.
Speaker 2: And with Craig, I think he was using Page and he uses his other girlfriends to keep him sober and to keep him in check, and then as soon as that check system goes away, then he's unhinged and he doesn't want to be accountable for that.
Speaker 3: Well, that's up to him, right, like he can't.
Speaker 2: You know, he used Page I think as like bowling bumper guards, so he didn't keep throwing it.
Speaker 1: But didn't he act so terrible at Colin Amanda's wedding he got kicked out.
Speaker 2: He did, Yes, he absolutely did. So I'm grateful for her that she kind of figured out.
Speaker 3: She didn't.
Speaker 2: I don't think she wanted to be his his bumper guards anymore. We don't want to have to teach our partners, like how to be an adult.
Speaker 3: That's not that's not a sexy thing. No, that's not a fun thing. That's not something that we're like, yes, let's do it.
Speaker 2: I want to teach my partner how to be a man.
Speaker 3: No, just be one.
Speaker 1: No, just you can't fix anybody, you guys, Like, that's the lesson, like that the people, the people are who they are. My husband is the same person that he was when I Mary met him when I was in my twenties. He's the same guy. He's sober now, but he's the same guy, you know what I mean, right, Yeah, I can't fix him. He had to fix himself, so I god knows, I really gave it a good try.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, Mary pain.
Speaker 2: They say that addiction is a family disease and when we grow up, you know, I grew up with addiction in my family.
Speaker 3: We are sometimes bred to.
Speaker 1: Be that's okay, you got something your.
Speaker 3: Throat, yeah, and I don't have water.
Speaker 2: We are sometimes bread to be depending on how we grew up to be codependent. You know, Listen, I loved to pick terrible men and try to convince them to be better for me. That was exclusively in fact, what I used to do. So there's no shame in that game. And that's why I listen. That's why I love allan On because I think, you know, for an ellen On for folks who don't know, is for people who love someone with an addiction that they don't have an addiction.
Speaker 3: Because truly you do.
Speaker 2: When you're with someone, you have to learn how to not make them your emotional thermostat right, because it's so easy to have that happen. And so you know, everyone has work to do, so, you know, congratulations to you all for doing the work.
Speaker 1: Congratulations to Page for realizing this is not my life. I don't want to do this with this man.
Speaker 3: That's right God, but it is God.
Speaker 1: We have so we could literally do a twelve hour series on attics on Bravo.
Speaker 2: We should, maybe we should.
Speaker 1: We didn't get to talk about Beverly Hills speaking to addicts, but that's okay because you know, as the Super Bowl messed up my TLC schedule, it also messed up our Bravo schedule, and the Olympics is also put in a cramp in our Bravo. But luckily we had enough to talk about with Craig Karen and who else did we start with? Jill Zarn?
Speaker 2: Jill Zaren, Jill Yarn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, God bless Jill Zarin. Come on, lady. Anyway, we didn't solve Nancy Guthrie either. We're recording this on Wednesday. I've been on the case for eleven days. I'm actively trying to solve it. I told you I didn't want to go to bed last night for I fear it would get solved while I was asleep. But I woke up on a Wednesday it wasn't solved. Maybe Thursday's our day. Everybody, Let's listen to Nancy home. Guys, everybody be listening. Our friend Kate Casey has been having an FBI guy on been talking about he now does private security and he's talking a lot about in his uh time working with kidnappers and stuff with the FBI. So that's been very interesting. Of course, you can always listen to Emily D. Baker and then you could also just scroll through Instagram Brian Inton E n t I n He's a guy that's on the scene. These are places you can follow ants to go through if you're also trying to solve it like we are. Please Lord by Thursday, let the read an answer.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I mean, these poor people are just you know, and listen, we don't have time for this. But there's a whole psychology to the kidnappers and why they do what they do and some of the psychological profiles.
Speaker 1: Okay, once once it is solved, and the and the Netflix documentaries and the works, once it is solved and they get who it is and they figure out why and if she's alive and if not, and when all that kind of starts to come out, come back, so we can discuss that.
Speaker 3: One thousand percent. Yes, okay, And.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be on your show on your show Net. It's gonna air next week.
Speaker 2: Yep, we'll air next Tuesday. Okay, great, So check out Your bish Therapist. Podcast is free and available everywhere. I will have Mary Payin back on my pod which will air on Tuesday. And I'm very excited and hope maybe by then we'll have more information and we can talk a little bit more about it.
Speaker 3: So very excited. Yeah, very excited.
Speaker 1: Everybody follow Melissa. She has great, great, great insights. You can follow her on Instagram at my Your bish Therapist. Your therapis b s H instead of bitch your bish therapist, and please follow me at Pink Shad Pod. Okay, bye bye
Speaker 2: P