Speaker 1: It's time for Coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now here's Nick Coffee.
Speaker 2: That's right, I'm here. It's Nick Coffee, once again emerging from the water. Somebody had a good, good point on the uh, on the I mean, it was kind of like a.
Speaker 1: Bad dad joke.
Speaker 2: But bad dad jokes hit hard for me, like in a major way, like a joke that's so corny it's really funny, or a joke that's.
Speaker 1: So like bad like you really do laugh.
Speaker 2: You know. The older I get, the more I kind of become that guy. Uh, the more I find humor in it. But somebody said the reds or not. They didn't say they actually that they did. It was their fault.
Speaker 1: They said the red zone.
Speaker 2: They shows not the red zone anymore. Howry, I'm thinking I forgot that on my show, and it's you on the text line.
Speaker 1: I forgot it.
Speaker 2: But they meant to say, I assume coffee and company. But the text reads the red zone more like the pool zone. See, John couldn't. I didn't want to step in front of it, step on it. I wanted to get John's honest reaction, because that's the I fall.
Speaker 1: For dad jokes a lot too, And I'm sure the older I get and when I eventually become a father, I'm sure that will hit on a different level as well too.
Speaker 2: Dude, I've had I've had two moments. I can't think of the other. Maybe I tried to block it out with extensive therapy to never think of it again. But it'll come to me at some point. But there's been some moments where I'm like, oh, man, I say that. Geez, I'm why would I do that? And there's one where it's almost like as it was happening, as I said it, I like I came out of my body and was looking at myself with a moment of self reflection of like, yeah, that's that's who you are now. And that was when we were at Elma Paul a couple of years ago, having dinner with the fam, me and my wife and two kids, and this guy he's coming from the back of the restaurant and he's wheeling. In fact, he's wheeling two kegs towards the front near their bar, and obviously they needed to be changed.
Speaker 1: And I don't.
Speaker 2: I didn't. It just came out of me. It wasn't any thought. It wasn't like, oh, I'm about to lay out this funny joke or clever line. I just I leaned over and said, hey, are those for me? And like that is?
Speaker 1: Is that not like the quintessential dad reaction to something like yeah?
Speaker 2: And if you're like in not that anybody would ever be in a creative space with others, you know, collaborating on clever dad jokes. You couldn't come up with that one. It would have to be and in the moment, like only a dad that's becoming peak corny dad can have that, can have that that. It's just you can't. It's it's got to be organic. There was another one too. I can't think of what it was, but again I feel like it was worse than that one that I probably after again many conversations with my therapist, I probably was just able to successfully, you know, get rid of it and no longer have it, you know, as as something that makes me feel like a dork. But anyways, if you don't get the whole reference to the water and pool, it's because of how we're set up today. We were broadcasting I'm remote, Johnny's at the studio and we're rolling along having a fun show. But because of the equipment I'm using today, there's just a little bit of a little bit of changes we've made to not make it sound as you know, poorly produced, which it sounds.
Speaker 1: I think it sounds fine. I did.
Speaker 2: I did, because we're on such a delay on the app. I did, in fact go to the to the app during our I think it was our It was our first break to go listen because it's you know, like two and a half minutes behind.
Speaker 1: And yeah, it sounds fine.
Speaker 2: But for some reason, whenever I first come on air or someone else is speaking, we did. We We probably wasted time, but at least I think we did talk through it. And I'm quite convinced John that the scenario that I put out there. As far as the onzip app, I think they made that change thinking they and they probably did make it better for the MOLT, for the bulk of their customer base, but for how we use their their their product. It made a little bit difficult. But anyways, you know, we're rolling along. I'll stop mentioning it, but again, thank you for the dad joke. Keep the dad jokes coming on the text. Lin Thibo too six five three zero set of ninety is our ellen n Federal Credit Union text line members get more at Ellenn Federal Credit Union Union. You can learn more and open your account today at LNFCU dot com. All right, so real quick on the text line here before we dive back in, This text says Nick, you copy and steal enough from KSR for your own show? Why not do a Louivell version of Unpopular Opinion Day? What do I steal from from KSR? I mean, I usually don't feed the trolls, but like, what would I I mean, I don't really know what I mean. I listened to KSR. You know, I don't listen as much as I used to be able to. But like, you know, I think it's a great show. Clearly it's super successful. I like those guys, I know all of them pretty well. But I don't know if there's anything on this show that is similar to what they do. And again that's not to say I mean, because clearly what they're doing is pretty damn successful. Maybe I could take a few pointers from what they're doing. I mean, there's show is built much differently, but I know what Unpopular Opinion Day is. I didn't get a chance to hear it today. But I think each year Matt has a day where Kentucky fans uh share unpopular opinions about UK sports or maybe it's about other things too, and yeah, maybe we could do that.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I've got to I've got opinions that are I think strong, but I don't really know. Like to me, how do you know? Well, I guess you know if you know, if you feel like something that you believe is unpopular among the your peers and others within your you know, fan base, or just you know you're in you know, someone similar to you, like the average person. I feel like you would know that right, like you know, or I don't know.
Speaker 1: Because maybe don't.
Speaker 2: I guess you like self aware, you like self of awareness. Maybe if you have a really unpopular opinion and you don't know now, if you don't care that it's unpopular, more power to you. You know, that's your that's that's only something you can control.
Speaker 1: Or we're gonna say, John, The only thing that I can really think of this may not even qualify is necessarily an opinion. It's more so just me and nature. But the fact that I don't put sauce or syrup on any sort of food ever that I eat, whether it be dressing that kind of e'ven dressed that a long time ago, but I am anti sauce syrup dressed anything you can name that's liquidy that you put on food, with the exception of pizza of course.
Speaker 2: Cereal.
Speaker 1: Oh there you go, it's another one. No milk on cereal. I don't really eat cereal very often, but no milk on cereal.
Speaker 2: I haven't had a bowl of cereal in probably twenty five years.
Speaker 1: Did you ever have a favorite cereal as a kid? Ah? Man, I love cinnamon, toast, crunch and cookie crisp, pretty much, all of the ones that that aren't good for you. I do like, you know, like honeynut, cereos and stuff too.
Speaker 2: Though I would say I didn't mind cereal. I just to me it wasn't a meal. It wasn't and I never ate breakfast growing up. So for me, when it comes to cereal, if I ever wanted to snack, that would never be like, oh, I'm gonna have a.
Speaker 1: Bowl of cereal.
Speaker 2: And I think that's how a lot of people like adults, that's what that's usually like. My wife, if she's hungry, wants a snack, wants something sweet at night, She'll go make a bowl of cereal. And I think a lot of people do that, maybe not at night, but like cereal is not clearly just for children, and even the even the sugary like candy type cereal that is frosted flakes and whatnot, Like it's not just for kids. Maybe it was supposed to be, but a lot of adults eated. But for me. Do you remember corn pops?
Speaker 1: I do, the little yellow They weren't a little popcornie.
Speaker 2: Speaking of popular, they weren't.
Speaker 1: Like, were they popular, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: They're not on the mount rushmore of like big time cereals for kids. But for some reason I loved them. They were just sweet enough. I used to eat them at my grandma's house, so that was probably my favorite cereal. But anyways, you not putting anything like any any sauce, dressing, milk, like that's not really an unpopular opinion. That's just psychopathic behavior, right, I mean that's I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's what we established way back whenever we first discussed that.
Speaker 2: Well I shouldn't, I mean, it's not he's not a psychopath. But like that, Like I've had a lot of people ask me was that real? And I'm like yeah, and I'm like, why would we make that up? Like that's you know, well and it just so happened. How did it even come up on the show? Like I really don't remember that is wasn't when I was you.
Speaker 1: Know, sometimes you bring up food topics and back whatever. I was an infant on Coffee and Company. You may have been asking me about a specific I don't know, sauce or dressing, and I was like, that's probably when it came out.
Speaker 2: I'm sure, but you you know, but you have awareness that that that you are in a minority when it comes to that, right for sure? Yeah, yeah, because so you know, I wouldn't say that's unpopular, it's just you know, like, anyways, here's what I'll do. And again, what what I mean? You produce both shows at least you know here and there. What would be similar? Like what would I steal from ks R?
Speaker 1: I think maybe he's just referring content, but like you're going to talk about the same stuff. It's Louisville, Kentucky.
Speaker 2: So yeah, anyways, but here's what I'll do in the five o'clock hour, I will I'll lay out some strong I'll give you four maybe five, because I got four right now on the top of my head that I'll lay out that. Put it this way, if you were to say it at work in your cubicle among all Louisville fans, you know, meaning like that work with you. Or let's say this, You're at a tailgate at LNN Cardinal Stadium, getting ready to watch Jeff Bram and his team light up a scoreboard against somebody, and you're obviously tailgating with Louisville fans and there's a group of them there and you're about to share an opinion, and you know that by sharing it the majority, maybe all others will disagree, and some will look at you potentially crazy because they'll say, what, I've got four things that I'll share at five o'clock that I feel like would be similar to that. But I'm also not going to be shocked if like this was said two three years ago, I'd get that reaction, But now nobody would react anyway. They would say, you know, I get it, And you know what that means. Nick's always right. Nick always predicts the future. That's what that means. But anyways, we'll do that a little bit later on, because I look, I love to steal and if KSR did it, I'm gonna do it, right, I mean, what are we without KSR?
Speaker 1: I mean, what we be talking about here?
Speaker 2: Shout out KSR promo co KSR. Anyways, was that a little sensitive to that?
Speaker 1: I think I was. I feel like you. I mean, I wouldn't have seen it as hurt by it, but I mean I also can't see your facial expression to yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just you know, I here's I'm sure there are plenty of other shows around here that people you know love and prefer over this one. And if that's the case, again, that's that psychopathic behavior. But everybody has something that makes them a psycho. But I do at least try to be original. That's like, I don't know if it's gonna be great. We're gonna try to make you laugh, We're gonna try to have fun. We're gonna try to keep you informed, not take ourselves too seriously on this show. But like, I don't know. I mean I would hesitate to do something or discuss something if I knew it. Led Now, there's certain things that are going to be obvious that discussed because again, you know, you know, play the hits Louisville Kentucky content. That's really what this is, mixed in with a lot of other stuff. But I try not.
Speaker 1: There stole from us, maybe unintentionally, but remember when we had the the Manly Men conversation thing, and this was back a year or so ago, we were talking about things that make us feel unmanly. KOs Are did the same thing about a week later. There you go, So maybe they're stealing.
Speaker 2: There you go. I mean, who's the real thief here?
Speaker 1: Exactly? Come at us?
Speaker 2: Which I do want to play something Matt said on his show yesterday. It's got a lot of attention about Louisville football and their strength to schedule because one of the taglines for KSR is is facts are optional. And it's not because they just you know, and I'll defend these guys to an extent because there are people who hear something that was wrong, and you know, I think the facts are optional is more of a way to kind of make fun of themselves that they get stuff wrong. I don't believe that it is a line that is used to let people know that we're going to make stuff up and run with it. I mean, I don't think that's what it is, but we'll save that for later as well, because I do want to talk some basketball in just a second. But when it comes to the strength of schedule stuff, I did lead with it to start the show. I mean, it's pretty simple if you look at historically both programs and their historical strength to schedule and where their strength of schedule currently is right now. And yet I feel like one of the reasons that one of the reasons that it's become a bigger talking point lately for Louisville and Kentucky fans about strength to schedule is because you don't play in the first game anymore, and you know, there's no way to really know how you stack up against each other until And this is not to say Louisville is at a disadvantage because they played the last game of the year, trust me. I mean, you can play them first game, eighth game, fourth game, whatever. If you're not ready to play your rival and beat them and you lose, that's on you. But when it was the first game of the year, we were able to really just you know, spend a good chunk of the summer. I mean, and I kind of don't remember us breaking down like the matchup their receivers versus our defensive backs. But you know that was a long time ago. Maybe we did, but now you're going back and forth about who's better, and by the time we get to November, it just, I don't know, it feels flat. I don't know what. Like there have been years where both teams trotted in at six and five or seven and four, whatever it may be, and you knew that it's all about bragging rights, but you know, this game really doesn't mean anything but another win for somebody. It's not going to change the bolt projections at times. So you know, when you played in Week one, nobody knew what the outlook was, nobody knew realistically what you were so you could could you could lose to your rival, and of course anytime you lose it sucks. Losing in the first game, losing in the last game are going to be a pain in the ass no matter what. But if you were able to, you know, win that game. You know it's a non conference game, and you'd know, I guess if the team you beat is expected to be good or bad.
Speaker 1: But like it was just better.
Speaker 2: And I'll you know, I hate beating that dead horse because you know it's probably never gonna change. Although I do think if they did request to move it, I don't think they would be met with like, oh, hell no, we're not doing that. I think they would the AEC would probably say, I mean, if you want, knock yourself out, I mean, we don't care. When we think of arrivals in the a SEC and the SEC, we don't really think of you guys. But again, we'll get back into that a little bit later on. Let's talk about John Rostein. Shall we I give me a grade one through or give me a number one through ten? Ten means you love him, one means you hate him. What are your thoughts on one? John Rostein? Mister company man, John?
Speaker 1: And it really depends on if I'm in the mood for some John Rothstein. But if I'm gonna, if I'm gonna, if it's a good day for me, and I'm and I'm seeing his content, I'm saying he's about eight because there are some things that he says that have kind of become cliche, like the you know, the whole by game, what is it? The tweet he always puts out the oh, the epitome of brutality that's kind of run its course a little bit. He'll never sleep a moment. Yeah, oh that's the that's probably the worst most cliche thing he does. We sleep in May, which also I've never really understood because there's only like a few days of basketball in April for college basketball at least, So I mean, I guess I kind of get it. But there's times where I love me some Rothstein. I love his passion overall. I would say, on an average day, I give him an eight as his content.
Speaker 2: I'll say, yeah, I mean, look, I think I put it this way. John Rostein is somebody as far as somebody that covers college basketball in that role specifically, I think he's great, Like he is plugged in, he works his tail off, he has great sources, like he breaks news, and we need more people like that in college basketball. To be honest with you, like, I don't think if we had more entertaining personalities covering the sport in a media role or a reporter role or whatever commentator, that it would make it up there with football, because that's just not realistic. But I do truly believe that one of the reasons why college basketball doesn't move the needle nationally because the people that we consider to be big time entertainers in the sports media world love him or hate him. They're the ones you see all over your screen, whether it's your phone or your television, and they don't talk a lot about college basketball, and unfortunately, when they do, you can quickly figure out within a few minutes they don't really know much about the sport. So like that, I don't know who fixes that. But Rosstein is one of those guys that is I mean, he eats sleeves and breathes college basketball and he doesn't sleep until May, as he says, so in that area, I give him a ten. But he doesn't have personality at all. Like I think he's back college basketball robot, and that doesn't I mean that you know you are who you are, but I when I see him try to do things that you know, make him stand out, get him attention, it's it's psychopathic behavior that's really not clever or entertaining. Like whenever you've got a presidential debate going on where Donald Trump's challenging Joe Biden to a round of golf and then Joe Biden counters with you know you're going to carry your clubs you had sex with a porn star, Like, that's something I think I'm gonna remember the rest of my life that happened in a presidential debate. While that's going on, you got Rostein strategically tweeting out Prairie View, A and M will travel to take on Dayton November eighteenth standalone game. We sleep in May like the track record of him, like he thinks the way to look cool and stand out and get attention is to tweet about the most obscure college basketball information at a time where nearly everybody on the planet or certainly in the country, is consumed with something else that, in all seriousness, is bigger than sports. And that's to me, Like, that's not like, oh, why this guy's funny, this guy's mean, he's crazy. No, I'm like, no, that guy's weird.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: It is that it makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yes, So I think he's probably aware though, that he's just you know, accepted that he thinks he's trying to be cool. I think he just accepts that, like, you know, that's who he is. He's gonna be weird and maybe it'll rub some people the wrong way sometimes.
Speaker 2: Well, and it doesn't rub me the wrong way, like it doesn't make me mad, but like that's to me, that's like, what are you aiming for here? And by the way, he knows what he's doing, like he's not, he's not, Like I can't think of who it was I remember being it was a Twitter thread that showed screenshots of like big things happening in the world, you know, like tragic things world news. And he has he's got a draft saved away in Twitter about you know, such and such, you know, Johnny Balls, he gets a fifth year medical red shirt at Butthole Tech. Big news in the Horizon, you know, Horizon Plateau conference, like, you know, like he knows that nobody's like people are put it this way when people are are refreshing the timeline like crazy to see reaction about a big piece of news, a world of end or something they're gonna see. It's John Rosstein tweeting about we just had our presidents go back and forth about porn stars and golf. And he's tweeting about, you know, some random juco player who's been denieding like it's just like, I just don't. I'm not offended by it, I'm not bothered by it, but I feel like, if you're gonna do something that does make you stand out, like why do you choose that? So something that made him stand out to me in a non weird way, It is acc power rankings to get, you know, to get set for the college basketball season. So I'm not going to sit here and tell you that this is, you know, the worst thing I've ever seen. But come on, now, there are as this, there's eighteen players in the air I'm sorry, eighteen teams in the ACC now, and he has Louisville as the eleventh best team, and I just can't quite figure out why. Like I'm not saying he like, I think you could look at Louisville's right, look at what Pat Kelsey did in the transfer portal, know Pat Kelsey's pedigrey as a coach, and still have the obvious question mark that is, well, can't he do it at this level and have Louisville no worse than like fifth? I mean, and again, but maybe I'm doing something that I'm accusing him of doing because I think there are people that'll just know Louisville got better with a new coach, and it could be they could have hired me, and people would probably look at it and say, well, you know, louis Is probably not gonna be good, but man, they're gonna better.
Speaker 1: Than Kenny Payne.
Speaker 2: And maybe I shouldn't have used as an example, because it could have been anybody could have been my four year old son, and we probably would have been in better shape and would have been respected a little bit more by those who cover college hoops. But my point is this, I'm looking at Miami at number five and I'm thinking, huh, how, no way. But that's me that is thinking about Miami being the most disappointing team in the country last year. It doesn't mean they're gonna be the most disappointed team in the country this year, right like they were in the final four two years ago. So well, you know, if they were at number seven or eight, I probably still would have scratched my head and said huh, But at eleven, I just can't. I've tried because I do have a little bit of a fearness of being viewed as somebody who can't view things objectively. As a Louisville fan and I've discussed that recently on the show. But objective, not objective, like I mean, he has the projected starting lineup of Chucky Hetburn, Corean Johnson, Terrence Edwards, Javon Hadley, and Cason Pryor with Noah Waterman, Connie Russ, Rayne Smith, Trey Oure, James Scott, Big Frank Anselom as your projected bench. And I know none of those guys were all Americans, but I mean collectively, you've got some really good pieces. And I just look at like Georgia Tech at number ten. Kenny Payne lost to Georgia Tech. Folks, I mean when you look at the newcomers, I mean I'm looking at the transfers that George Tech brought in. I mean, there's nobody on this list that looks like they're gonna be.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 2: I mean, they're not even big name transfers. And by the way, they lost Miles Kelly, who was their best guy last year Syracuse at number nine. Again, Red Autry's lucky. I mean, in fact, I'll give Kenny Payne this. He got screwed on the road at Syracuse on that goltending call. You remember, right, that was a game that Louisville should have won. I mean, I mean they were good, but like they should have won that game.
Speaker 1: Syracuse.
Speaker 2: I mean they bring back JJ Starling, who's a pretty good player. They brought in Eddie Lampkin, the big guy from Colorado. But I mean their transfers aren't anybody of note. I know Pittsburgh's made the tournament the last couple of years, but I mean we really think that's sustainable with somebody like, I mean, what's their coach's name. Let's forget his name. He's a forgettable name, got a big neck, got a big fat neck. Jeff Caple. I mean you trust in Caple when he's lost. Blake Henson and bub Carrington and Frederico Frederico, which, by the way, if you're gonna do double name, first name, last name, same name, Frederico is a good one. That's fun to say. Ferderico Ferto Rico. And then at number seven, Virginia. Okay, Like I mean, I can't say that that's crazy, but I mean, looking at their personnel that people really think Virginia is going to be good this year NC state number six, I can I can understand that I have no problem them being picked ahead of Louisville Miami. Again, like I'm probably being a little you know, I'm probably being a little harsh on how bad they were a year ago. But I'm looking at their personnel and they've got some decent guys back, and they did well in the Portal. Clemson at number four, okay, you know, without Joe Girard, Alex Hemingway, PJ. Hall, of course, like you know, we'll see. I mean, they made the Elite eight last year, so that's not crazy. And then number three is wake Forest. I don't know about that one. I mean, I like their coach Steve Forbes, and I'm looking at their roster on paper and it's not bad. And then Duke in Carolina one and two. I have no problem with that, and that's justified. So again, like I can't claim it's the craziest thing I've ever seen. It did remind me, oh yeah, Louisville has been the worst team in this league the last few years, so picking them at number eleven, in the eyes of some, might be looked at as him being really you know, Homerish towards Louisville, which I think is nonsense. But again, like this was a reminder where we of how we are going to be viewed by some based off the fact of how bad we were in previous years, which everybody knows doesn't matter, but it's still fresh on the minds of those that aren't as closely plugged in around here. And I don't say that to mean that they don't know what they're talking about, but it's just the reality of it. Louisvill basketball is going to have to do something results based with wins and you know, wins with value to change how people view their ceiling. I think anybody you asked would say, yeah, they're gonna better with Kenny Pa gone. But as far as like being a tournament team, a lot of people are probably going to say, yeah, I believe it when I see it, because I haven't seen Louisville look like anything other than a terrible program in the last few years. All right, quick break, Sorry I went too long there. I get a little distracted. Clock management's really bad whenever I don't.
Speaker 1: Get time not playing the music beds today, so I can't really usher you out.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, all right, quick break, We will keep it rolling along here. Coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: That's right, Coffee and Company fueled by Thornton's. Right here on Sports Talk seven ninety, I think it's time once again to raise our man Nick Coffee from the deep waters in a submarine. Here we go, Nick, are you back with us? Was that I've emerged?
Speaker 2: No, it worked. I didn't know what a submarine sounded like.
Speaker 1: Now I do. That was our original phone power up noise that we use when we on the phone lines a while back. That's hey, it could be used for both of those, I guess.
Speaker 2: So when it comes to sound design, I think you've you've made the right choice with that with that clip there. But yes, I have emerged from the water. As we are about halfway through here on a Wednesday afternoon, want to shout out our partners over at Thornton's because you know we are fueled by Thornton's. As John mentioned, make sure you have to become a member of the Refreshment Awards program if you haven't already. You'll save money at the pump. You'll be able to take advantage of the perks that come with it. I mentioned the Frequency Club quite a bit because it's awesome. If you know because a lot of people if they stop in at a gas station, you know, a few times a week, maybe every day it should be Thornton's. But regardless, I would say, wherever they are, they probably know what they're going to go in and get. They're not browsing the aisles. Maybe they find something every now and then it's new that they like. But usually you're like, Okay, I'm gonna go in and get my Monster Energy drink or I'm gonna go get my coffee. You could be like my kids and get yourself a slushy, a fist freeze to start the day. But either way, people know what they like. Well, if you like something and you get it pretty often every now and then, it's gonna be free if it's a part of the Frequency Club, because every time you purchase something a tenth time, that tenth one is going to be free if it's on the list. They rotate what is available on the frequency list of the Frequency Club. I should say, so that's one of the benefits. But the perks that you get also include the chances to win big prizes that they give away. So during the holiday season last year they gave away ten thousand dollars each week from you know, Thanksgiving time to the end of the year ten grand each week, and by being a member and purchasing something and using your rewards membership when you purchase it, your enter to be one of those big winners. And then it was a few years ago, maybe a couple of years ago, they gave away free fuel for an entire year to a different winner, like every week. So those are things that you don't see elsewhere when it comes to what it is included within a membership to a place that you frequent I mean there are times it's no fault to Thornton's. I mean they're everywhere. I mean, if you're in Kentucky and a there's likely one that is close to you. But sometimes if you veer outside of the Kentuckian area, you may have to stop somewhere and there's not Thorntons around. I mean, it's sad, but it's true.
Speaker 1: They have a lot of.
Speaker 2: Illinois we don't people. I don't know. I don't know if this is the case now, But when we started our relationship with Thornton's years ago, at that point, they actually had more locations in the Chicago, Illinois area like Chicago in the suburbs and within Chicago than they did in Kentucky, Ena, which blew my mind. But now that I think of it, if I've seen them elsewhere, I've seen them there, or I've seen them in Florida. They have some spots in Florida's. So anyways, if you do go somewhere, they may ask you, like are you a something something member? And what I usually do, John is just you know, if I'm in that position and I'm not at a Thornton's because I'm traveling or something, they ask me, I just say, you know, no or shake my head. What if I started pulling out my car that shows Thornton's, they.
Speaker 1: Might get a little offended. Do you think they kick you out of the store.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm offended that they would think that I would be a member of their program.
Speaker 1: Exactly. It can't be as good.
Speaker 2: It's another reminder where I just need to get like I need to get like a tattoo that just as it identifies it without me needing to show them the car or you know, and by the way, you don't have to use a card. You put your number, And that's what I usually do is just put that phone number in when you're checking out, and boom, you'll see if you're getting savings, and you are when you get gas. You are whenever you get the tenth item within the frequency club. So again, we appreciate our friends over at Thornton's all right. Text line five two six five three zero seven ninety. This text says, excuse me, Nick. They didn't excuse me. I just burkeed on the air, which is really in professional But they said, Nick, you're worried about getting the game moved to the first of the season. I'm more worried about keeping the rivalry alive as soon as the SEC expands their schedule. There's no way Kentucky keeps Louisville a part of it. This is the first time texture, so I can't tell if that's a text that is, I can't tell if you're a louisvill fan or a Kentucky fan. I actually would be interested to know, because I don't think that that would ever happen, Even though when asked about it, both Stoops and Barnhart have not shied away from addressing the fact that they would be in a It would be a tough decision for them and I'm paraphrasing because I don't know the exactly. They never said, yeah, if we go to nine games or drop in Louisville, but Barnhart specifically has sort of alluded to the fact that it would make them have to reevaluate things if they did add an SEC game to the schedule, which is understandable, meaning like, if you now have to play a ninth SEC team, you're going to have to figure out what makes the most sense for you as far as what you want to do with those other three games. You're in a league to where you don't need to go out and beef up your non conference schedule. You've never done that before, so why would you start doing it now? So you know you're not doing that right, Like, so when you think about reevaluating, the reevaluating would be in their perspective, Well, now we have an SEC team that you know, no matter who it is, they're going to be better than the two MAC teams we play and the G five team we play, and who knows, certainly they'd be better than Louisville depending on who it is, right, you know, if there's a ninth game, could because the league's really good let's be real about it. So Kentucky football, meaning their program, Mark Stoops, his players, their fans, they're not scared to play Louisville and they know that. We know that. So on what planet would they feel like dropping Louisville because of a ninth SEC game and keeping the other three common components within that schedule? Again, no Power five non conference person opponent outside of Louisville, two G five teams and an FCS team, right like EKU or Murray or something. There's no scenario they could do that and it not look like they're scared of a lost Louisville.
Speaker 1: There's no way.
Speaker 2: That that could be viewed in any other way. But we know they're not scared. They shouldn't be scared. I mean maybe years ago whenever they weren't win and they sucked. But they win this rivalry game. I mean they I hope hopefully they never win one again, but they know how much it means to them. Stoops. I mean, look, he has done a lot to change Kentucky football, make no mistake about it. They're in a much different world than they were before he got there, and that's a credit to him. One, they win a lot more, they recruit a lot better, they have good fan engagement. They've just been better, and they beat their rival. I mean, he didn't in the first half of his tenure in Lexington, but you know, since twenty seventeen, they haven't lost to Louisville, so that matters. Like that, that's a component to why Stoops has viewed the way he is, by his administration, by his fan base. So why would you not want to play it, you'd be I mean, so what I think it is is I'm just I just choose to believe that it's just something that, like you know, that everybody wants, right, because let's be honest, I would say that the disc like, if Louisville and Kentucky you're going to continue to play each other in football, if Kentucky goes to a nine game schedule. Maybe I'm wrong here, but I see no scenario where the one person that makes that decision is Mark Stoops because I think it's it's been pretty clear he gets whatever he wants from his athletic director.
Speaker 1: That's quite clear.
Speaker 2: So if Mitch Barnhart's like, wait a second, we got we got to reevaluate, we got to figure out and then Stoops walks into his office and says, what are you doing? We're playing the game. Then they're playing the game, and I just can't. So I think Stoops Barnhart collectively know that it would be a big deal, and it's all in their hands, as mentioned, mostly Stoops's hands. So I think that's made it to where they don't commit to it and shoot down any scenario where that game would go away because they like having that power. Again, I'm trying to I'm reaching a little bit here, certainly, but it's because I'm trying to understand and any level of logic or reasoning as to why Kentucky, if the SEC goes to nine, would remove Louisville when they've clearly benefited from it and they can claim who cares, just another game. Anybody who says that has more lack of awareness than anybody on the planet. I mean, they tell them themselves pretty frequently as far as how much that means to them that they win the game, and it should. That's not me knocking them, because look, one of the things, like if I could tell you one thing that bothers me more than anything about Louisvill football in the last decade, it's how many times you've lost to them, and just being honest with you. All right, quick break, we'll come back on the other side. Keep this thing rolling along. Don't forget. I've got my list coming up for you. We were accused of well, I was accused of copying something from KSR, So by the way, I was accused of copying from KSR then asked to copy off their show with an unpopular thing. And I guess I've taken the bit here because that's what I'm gonna do. I've got four opinions about Louisville sports, some more recent, some old school like things of the past, and I'm going to share them with you, and hopefully you don't, you know, throw things at the radio because you're mad at me, because like, these are things that I feel like if I said among a lot of Louisville fans, maybe not everybody, but the majority would disagree and some would say you're an idiot. But I hear that enough. Anyway, I've been called worse. So we'll do that in the five o'clock hour. Keep it locked. It's coffee and company. Feel about Thorton's right here on Sports Talk seven.
Speaker 1: Ninety I don't really what drove me to play this song, but I love the vibes it brings. It's it's kind of a sad song, I guess Owner of a Lonely Heart, but for some reason, and you know, you know I'm a big rock guy. I'm nick. I know you you're aware of that big rock guy too, but this is I love the vibes that this song brings. And I know I've got to lower the volume to bring you in on the conversation, to get you out from underwater. But I'm I feel like you would enjoy that song a lot too, if you haven't, you know, if I'm sure you've heard of it's from your era of.
Speaker 2: Course, Oh yeah, Owner of a Lonely Heart that I can't think of the word I would use to describe sort of that that not genre, but just sort of that vibe because I'll put it the best way I can put it is that it's not a song I'm like finding on on Spotify because I need it. But when it's on, I'm like, okay.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Like you you go to this song and just let it create a playlist based off this song, you'd get so many bangers it's gonna be a good playlist.
Speaker 1: No I am.
Speaker 2: I'm totally with you, all right, So not a whole lot of time left here in the four o'clock hour, But this is something that just fascinates me, and I don't know, it makes me not a well, I feel like a dummy a lot in life. But there's a girl who's in the Olympics from Canada or Alicia Numan Internet and if you Olympics and you wouldn't know who she is, however that she is decided for.
Speaker 1: I saw that.
Speaker 2: And it Oh I only knew of her because everybody started sharing the clip of her doing that, and I realized, oh wow, you don't typically see that, and I just assumed it was something for her to be, you know, being a call. Can you I guess an only uh, only fans. They're not taking.
Speaker 1: I think you're kind of gonna get your back. You're kind of kind of let it ride because there will be moments where you would come in and sound perfectly clear. But you were mentioning the only fans. I believe you were asking me as only fans, the same thing as a porn star, right, it's what you're asking.
Speaker 2: Well, I said, sex worker instead of porn star, because like, I could have an only fans and only post pictures of my knuckles and that wouldn't make me a sex worker. So I guess it just depends on what you do on only fans. But when I saw it, I'm thinking, you know, first of all, while I guess she's letting people know right away that she's not ashamed if they find out that she not only is an Olympic athlete doing you know, pull vaulting, but she also has an only fans where she might you know, she might share I don't know, cooking recipes, or she might share sex. I don't know, you can put you I'd.
Speaker 1: Be pull vaulting into a crowd for other reasons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, yeah, so she's she. I mean, I don't know what's behind her her only fans account. But the reason I mentioned kind of feeling like an idiot is ps affirmed that that did exactly what she wanted it to do, meaning make her a lot of money, so good for business. She has apparently made over one hundred and fifty thousand dollars specifically from the Olympics, and I'm sure she got attention about being an Olympic athlete that has an only fans and that enough was like, all right, well I got to go check this out. But doing the torking thing put it into a different level of attention and it got enough people to sign up to where for a specific says here, this is from uh, this is from male Sport. M Ai l Sport a Twitter account that looks like it. Now I'm curious as to what the hell male Sport is because it is a big outlet with you know, nearly a million followers, sure home for the latest news videos and viral moments.
Speaker 1: So there you go.
Speaker 2: They're they're covering viral moments. She certainly had one of those when she tworked after winning a bronze, but says here that after her tworking in Paris, she she celebrated a one and fifty dollar I'm sorry, one hundred and fifty thousand dollars boost from her previous monthly earning. So again, maybe just knowing that an Olympic star has an only fans got the horny section of the internet willing to throw Let's be real, immediately twerking after winning a gold medal and vaulting, I mean again, she went straight from pole vaulting to the mat to jumping up and twerking, and it got a lot of attention. Like she did it to make money, and that is a savvy entrepreneur. Sex or no sex, porn or no porn. She just wanted to make some money and it worked. And by the way, I don't think you're entitled to like anything when you pay, like, oh, I have only things nice. I made a lot of money to go stick around her, stuck