Speaker 1: The following is a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you are listening to boost your brain power. Many doctors, hospitals, research facilities have decided to change the name of Alzheimer's disease to diabetes type three. And the reason they call it diabetes type three is it because it affects the brain in the same way diabetes one and diabetes two affect the brain.
Speaker 3: So it's like a combination of type one and type two. Now, when people think about diabetes, they usually think of diabetes type two. And what type two is is when you usually because later in life, because it's from bad habits that you do.
Speaker 4: So it might be you eat a.
Speaker 3: Lot of sugar and bread and carbs and have a sedentary lifestyle. So what happens is it used to be eighty year olds would get diabetes type two because then as they got older, they just stopped moving and eating worse and eating sedentary lifestyle. And then people's in their seventies started getting diabetes type two and then people in their sixties started getting and then fifties and forties, and every year younger and younger people are getting diabetes type two, which is adult onset. Diabetes type one we call juvenile onset. Type two is adult onset. But at this moment there's actually children getting diabetes type two when they normally wouldn't get it till they were senior citizens. This is the fattest country we've ever been. It's insane. Fat people used to be on the side show at the circus. They'd be like, oh, you know, one hundred years ago you would have the three hundred pounds man. Was like a freak show. Now it's common. It's not healthy. You look at pictures from the fifties and sixties and seventies and everybody's thin. It's only recently since the eighties, nineties, two thousands, where all these foods became processed full of sugar, preservatives, all these chemicals. Remember the food pyramid. The food pyramid is what caused diabetes. Because they want you to have something like sixteen servings of grains day. Of course you're gonna get diabetes. That's literally what the government recommended. The food pyramid That's when I knew I couldn't trust the government. Starting in the eighties, I'm like this food pyramids ridiculous. I don't know how I knew it, but ever since I was a young kid. I remember being six years old and just telling my friends, hey, don't eat you know, the red eminem's because it causes cancer. I don't know how I knew this stuff. I remember being, you know, twelve years old, telling people not to drink milk because it was toxic. I knew it. I knew it at an early age that all this stuff that we were eating was bad for us. That would cause all these health issues. And they have diabetes, cancer, heart disease, obesity, Alzheimer's. These are what gets everyday Americans. And this can be reversed if you start eating healthier. You want to enjoy your life, then you eat healthy. You want to have chronic disease. You want to have all these hospital visits, doctors, visits, X rays, MRIs, cat scans. You want to be on all these medications for cholesterol and high blood pressure and headache medication and pain killers because you got joint pain, all right, eat like everybody else. Then you end up like everybody else. You want to be the one percent. You don't want to be on any medication. You don't want to have to see the doctor. You don't want me to do X rays and get all these radiation. Radiation causes disease. So why are we always doing these mammograns and pet scans and cat scans, X rays, ultra sounds. It's all radiation. Why you get enough radiation just from going up in an airplane or walking into a Starbucks. I don't need to do it all the time. When I go to the dentist, I say, I don't want to take the X rays. Why do I got to take an X ray every six months? Never have a categy in my life ever, not one cavity in my life ever. I get X rays maybe once every three years, just for them to be like, wow, you have beautiful teeth.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: The dental X rays are minimal, But you get you know, body X rays, you get cat scans, pet scans, you get mammograms every year. You go into Starbucks a lot, you travel a lot, You're in a big city. You're getting radiated all the time. You gotta minimize that radiation and don't radiate your food. Stop put the microwave ovens, throw that out, you don't need it. Be careful those five G towers, all the cell phone towers, you want to stay away from that reduce your electromagnetic frequencies. You also want to make sure that you don't have anything plugged in near your bed when you sleep. You know, want have your phone plugged in right next to your head as you sleep all night and just radiate your brain. What's on the other side of the wall where you sleep. Is it the refrigerator? Is it some a big appliance? Is that there a big screen TV out? There is the Wi Fi box right on the other side where your head is. So don't have anything plugged in in your room while you sleep. Nothing nothing plugged in. You don't any frequencies, don't have your phone on, don't have your WiFi, your five G turn it all off at night, okay. And what's on the other side not just where you are, it's what's on the other side of the wall, where's your head. I had a patient with severe headaches in the city and all I had to do was have her switch her bed to the opposite wall, which was to the outside because the wall her head was again, this was literally against the refrigerator in her kitchen, So it's literally all this radiation, all this electricity, all this overheating right next to her brain, right. So be aware of your surroundings. If you have your phone on you, make sure it's on airplane mode. Make sure there's no Wi Fi connection, no data on. You need minimum six inches of your phone to be away from you. So make sure that you minimize your radiation. So if you're literally talking on the phone, you're radiating your brain. Don't use those iPods AirPods either, nor the iPods, but the AirPods, those you know, bluetooth headsets, that's radiation. Use wires, wires, use the wire head phones, and keep that phone at least six inches, preferably six feet away from you all day long. If your phone's on you all day long, your guns, you're getting constant radiation. If it's in your front pocket.
Speaker 5: If you're a male, you're getting gonna get testicular cancer, you're gonna get ed, you're gonna get a low sperm count, you're gonna get bladder problems, prostate problems, cancers.
Speaker 3: Keep that phone away back pocket, same thing right next to your prostate. Come on, why are you radiating that? You don't want prostate cancer? Right, You don't want pancreatic cancer. You don't want testicular cancer. You want to need to take you know, a catheter because you're not urinating properly. You don't want to need to feeding tube or a diaper because you don't know how to digest properly. Right, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Keep that radiation away very important for females. If you're holding it in your front pocket right next to your ovaries, you want to not be able to get pregnant. You want to get bad periods, You want to get menstruation issues. You want to get cramping, you want to get you know, with night sweats, and you want to get you know, like all these hormonal issues, headaches and irritability. Right, do you want to get hot flashes?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 3: Why are you gonna radiate your ovaries and your uterus. Don't put it in your bra right next to your heart. You want to mess up with your heart signals and your lungs. You want to get it right next to your breast and get breast cancer. Don't hold it next to your ear. You want brain cancer, you want to radiate your brain, right. You don't want to put it in your back pocket right next to your colon. You want to get you know, issues with constipation or diarrhea. The radiation will kill you. All right, We got too much of it. Turn off your phones, right, all right. Getting back to diabetes type two. So diabetes type two can be helped with environmental changes, all right. So we look at diabetes type two. You're not to seeing the blood work. That's how you diagnose it. If you're fasting glucose, that means when you do the blood work, you don't eat at all. If your fasting glucose is over one hundred, you're already in the pre diabetic state. If it's over one twenty six, that's technically diabetes, all right.
Speaker 4: So, but anything over one.
Speaker 3: Hundred you better start working on it right away. But you don't want it too low either. You don't want to under eighty five then you're hypoglycemic. Then you're not getting enough food. If that is the case, then you have to eat more frequently. So if you're fasting glucose is under eighty five, make sure you eat more frequently during the day. If it's over one hundred, not good.
Speaker 4: If you're.
Speaker 3: What's called your hemoglobin A one C that's checking your diabetes numbers over three months. Now it's more long term that you want under five point seven. So if you're over one hundred and you're over five point seven, that means you're at least minimum pre diabetic, and you want to work on that. And how do you work on that? You eat healthier foods. You stay away from the sugars, no sodas, no sugar, no.
Speaker 4: Coffee, no alcohol.
Speaker 3: You don't want to have sugar replacements either, that's not good. You don't want to have bread, pasta, noodles, rice, potatoes, oatmeal, crackers, croissants, bagel, bread, cookies, cakes, candy. You don't want any starchy stuff, right, No starchy stuff, no carby stuff. And I don't care if it's gluten free. You don't want gluten free bread. You don't want anything that's starchy that includes rice and potatoes, and you know, even yuca and different types of grains.
Speaker 4: So you got.
Speaker 3: Wheat, rye oats, barley, all that stuff, sorghum, you know those all can contribute to diabetes, as well as milk ice cream, cream, cheese, pizza, cereal, sour cream and yogurts, and a lot of sugar, a lot of links to diabetes. And then you gotta move the twenty Always remember the twenty rule. Every twenty minutes, you get up for twenty seconds, you move your body for twenty seconds, you walk twenty feet, you look twenty feet away for your eyes. That's the twenty rule. Every twenty minutes, you get up for twenty seconds, you move your body for twenty seconds, you look twenty feet away. That can literally save your life and reverse diabetes. Just by following the twenty rule. That way, you'll function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 6: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to match your human potential and prevent future diseases, that this is the show for you. Don't mis boost your brain power with doctor Eric Caplan and you will learn natural, integrative and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migrains four, posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Caplin is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact the Doctor Caplin, you can call his team at two oh one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplindc dot com.
Speaker 7: Function Better, Feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power. So we're going over the six auto immune foods to avoid.
Speaker 4: We're up to number four, okay.
Speaker 7: Number one was the wheat and the grains, Number two with the dairy. Number three was the corn, and number four is the soy. Soy's a lot of places. It's not just the auto mame. It's the soybeans, it's the tofu, it's all these vegan replacements, it's in all the dressings, soybean, the oils. You know, the soy isn't a lot of different things. Okay, So you know, obviously we know about the soy sauce that the you know, the Asian restaurant sanitary aqui sauce and and the soy sauce. So there's a lot of stuff like that. But you know, you got to look at the ingredients again. So if you really want to have a dressing, there was a sauce, you got to make it on your own. You don't want to just trust the sauce and the oils that other people are using. You gotta do it on your own. If you have autoimmune disease and you want to reverse it, right, you want to be that one percent where you actually reverse your autoimmune disease.
Speaker 4: This is what you gotta do.
Speaker 7: You want to be like the ninety nine percent where you just let this affect you your whole life.
Speaker 4: That's up to you. You know.
Speaker 7: I like to give advice to people who want to improve their own lives. I'm not the doctor that writes the prescriptions and says, here, just take this, this will fix you. But what I do is teach you how to help yourself. It's a different way of thinking. It's a paradigm shift because what it is is you have to do the work. It's your responsibility, right, You can't just go to the doctor and let them put you together, and let them give you a pill and herb supplement and some homeopathic remedy or some something that's just gonna picture right.
Speaker 4: It doesn't exist like that.
Speaker 7: All your healing comes from within now, from the outside, from the inside. So you've got to treat your body like a temple, right. You got to get only the best nutrients. Don't put the crap in there, put the good stuff in there. You deserve it. Why not deserve to have.
Speaker 4: A healthy life.
Speaker 7: Why do you want to be like everybody else, the ninety nine percent?
Speaker 4: Why eat like.
Speaker 7: Everybody else because they're gonna be heart disease, canes er, obesity, diabetes, Alzheimer's disease. That's what everyone else is going to go through. Not you, because you're gonna be the one percent. You need real food, not that hard. Just eat the colors of the rainbow, stay away from the whites. Yep, all right, So soy that's number four. Number five right is coffee.
Speaker 4: That's a big one.
Speaker 7: So when the autoimmune disease occurs, everything's overactive. The nervous system's overactive, the immune system's overactive.
Speaker 4: So we want to.
Speaker 7: Slow everything down. You gotta calm everything to hell. Relaxing stuff. You want to have something hot in the morning, have a little hot tea that you make on your own, all right, So, you know, want to ginger lemon tea, You literally just buy a piece of ginger and boil it and then you make squeeze some lemon in there. You get your ginger lemon tea. You want some apple cinnamon tea, Gotta half an apple, put some four cinnamon sticks, boil some water. If you want, you can even squeeze a little lemon in there as well. Get some apple cinnamon tea. Whatever you want.
Speaker 4: You want mint tea, get some mint with every stuff.
Speaker 7: Don't buy stuff in those bags and process. Those tea bags have toxin them. Don't buy uff that's on all these plastics, plastics have toxinto them. Get to stay away from all the plastics. Plastic water bottles, the plastic tupp aware, plastic story containters, plastic bags. You know, get if you buy anything in plastic, just get it out as quick as possible. And then what you do is you soak this stuff, you know, whatever it is, you soak it in a bowl of water and baking soona just to take off the chemicals, you know, takes off the pesticize, the herb size, all that stuff to you know, whatever it is to clean.
Speaker 4: You never know what goes on from with the farm to the supermarket.
Speaker 7: So you know, literally people in the supermarket spraying, you know, cleaning stuff all over the place that gets onto the fruit and badgeese. So you gotta get these chemicals off your fruit and bad geese.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 7: You got to stay away from the plastics, all the plastics. They're endocrine disruptors. You want to lose weight, you know, I've had patients lose weight literally just by stopping all their plastics, doing nothing different to editor their plastics. They've lost weight. It's that important. So many patients that come to me say, oh, I want to lose weight. I say again, and guess where or else the plants are. They're in your clothes, right, They're in those especially those workout clothes, those spandex you know, all that, all those clothes that people wear, you know, sports bras, tight fitting pants have lots of plastic that gets into your body, meshes with your hormones. They don't tell you that. Just wear cotton Cotton's more soft and natural, can handle your sweat, you know, stuff like that, So cotton is healthier. Stay away from the plastics. Plastics are everywhere. Don't pull stuff in plastic in the microwave. I don't care if it's got that symbol on it. You know, if you want to be healthy, you guys, stay away from all the plastics and the heavy metals. Right if you loom, especially floor ride, also murk, you lead ars you know, arsenics and brow rice. It's an apple juice, cadmium.
Speaker 4: It's in like.
Speaker 7: The macaroni and cheese. Yeah, that's not good. It's everywhere. These chemicals leads in the water you drink, fluorides and the toothpaste you use, the aluminiums in the deodorant you use. You gotta be careful what you're putting on your body. The worst chemical is the sun tall ocean. You know, they say, oh it's we're gonna prevent skin cans or you're causing cans or with that sun tantion and that sunscreen. So you gotta be very careful what you put on your body. What shampoo you use, what soaps you use, what makeups you use, They all could be toxic chemicals. Now with the coffee, a lot of people say, oh, can I replace it with something besides tea, And there's other options you could do, like a mushroom type of coffee, or like a mud type of coffee, like mud tea. You know, there's all different types of replacement with dandelion. You know, there's lots of good stuff that could kind of mimic it. If you really want that ritual of something hot in the morning, but don't let anything control you. You know, don't let it control you. You could do anything. If you need that cup of coffee, or you get a headache, that's something bad. That means it's a drum to you.
Speaker 4: You're literally addicted to it.
Speaker 7: You need it like a crackhead. You don't want that if you get a headache because you don't have something that means it's bad. We got a headache, because then it's a few days having an apple or some broccoli. It doesn't happen. It's only you only get a headache bad, which is usually whatever it's going to be, coffee, sugar, alcohol, drugs. You know, that's when these bed because what the headache is they're detoxing. They're getting rid of the bad stuff. You're putting any bad stuff in to be in with you don't get that. So if you need coffee for what your headache or you needed to have a boubum, that's a bad sign that your by not functioning at optimal levels, all right, So you have to make sure you avoid coffee.
Speaker 4: Number five.
Speaker 7: Number six is alcohol, you know, especially wine beer. They create a lot of autoimmune issues. And if you want to bring those numbers down, which are called antibodies where the body's not attacking itself, you have to avoid those foods which aggravate your autoimmune condition. Number one is the wheat in the grains. It's the dairy and the cheeses. Number three is the soy. Number four is the corn. Number five is the coffee. Number six is the alcohol. Those are the big six, and there's more than that, but that's you know, you're definitely your starting point if you want to reverse your your neurological and immunological disorder of the overactive nervous system and the overactive immune system.
Speaker 4: That's autoimmune disease.
Speaker 7: And I don't care which one it is, it's going to help all of those that do scientific evidence where you before you you know you do this, you check your antibodies numbers and you see how high they are, and then you do it for six weeks and then you read you the blood work after six weeks and you could see a drastic change in your antibody numbers. There.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's for.
Speaker 7: Autoimmune disease, diabetes type one, those are the six you have to avoid. If you avoid diabetes type one and diabetes type two, now you have a very low percentage chance of ever developing Alzheimer's disease, which is diabetes type three. So that is very powerful because that means you have the power to actually create your own future. And I don't care if everyone in your family has Alzheimer's disease. So you have this Alzheimer's gene, there's something called epigenetics, and what epigenetics is is that if you alter your environment, you turn off this bad gene. So that if you have the Olizheimer's gene, but you do all the right things, you never develop any memory.
Speaker 4: Loss at all. All right, you can do it if you put your mind to it.
Speaker 7: But the power is within your body and therefore you can function better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 6: Don't miss boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six ' one two one five zero or email info at Kaplan Brainandbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Caplan, or visit kaplandc dot com for more information.
Speaker 7: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 4: So we're going over these six auto.
Speaker 7: Immune foods to avoid.
Speaker 4: We're up to number four. Okay.
Speaker 7: Number one was the wheat and the grains. Number two with the dairy. Number three was the corn and number four is the soy. Soy's a lot of places. It's not just the auto mame. It's the soybeans, it's the tofu, it's all these vegan replacements. It's in all the dressings, soybean, the oils. You know, the soy isn't a lot of different things. Okay, So you know, obviously we know about the soy sauce that the you know, the Asian restaurant and sanitary aqui sauce and in the soy sauce. So there's a lot of stuff like that. But you know, you got to look at the ingredients again. So if you really want to have a dressing or a sauce, you got to make it on your own. You don't want to just trust the sauce and the oils that other people are using. You gotta do it on your own. If you have autoimmune disease and you want to reverse it, right, you want to be that one percent where you actually reverse your autoimmun disease. This is what you gotta do. You want to be like the ninety nine percent where you just let this affect you your whole life. That's up to you. You know, I like to give advice to people who want to improve their own lives. I'm not the doctor that writes the prescriptions and says, here, just take this, this will fix you. But what I do is teach you how to help yourself. It's a different way of thinking. It's a paradigm shift, because what it is is you have to do the work. It's your responsibility.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 7: You can't just go to the doctor and let them put you together, and let them give you a pill and herber supplement and some homeopathic remedy or some something that's just gonna picture right. It doesn't exist like that. All your healing comes from within, not from the outside, from the inside. So you've got to treat your body like a temple. Right, You've got to give only the best nutrients. Don't put the crap in there, put the good stuff in there.
Speaker 4: You deserve it.
Speaker 7: Why not deserve to have a healthy life. Why do you want to be like everybody else? The ninety nine percent?
Speaker 4: Why eat like.
Speaker 7: Everybody else because they're going to be heart disease, cancer, obesity, diabetes, Alzheimer's disease. That's what everyone else is going to go through, not you because you've gotta be the one percent there. Any real food not that hard. Just eat the colors of the rainbow. Stay away from the whites. Yep, all right, So soy that's number four. Number five right is coffee.
Speaker 4: That's a big one.
Speaker 7: So when the autoimmune disease occurs, everything's overactive. The nervous system's overactive, the immune systems overactive. So we want to slow everything down. You gotta calm everything down, relaxing stuff. You want to have something hot in the morning, Have a little hot tea that you make on your own. All right, so you know, we want some ginger lemon tea. You literally just buy a piece of ginger and boil it and then you make squeeze some lemon in there. Yet your ginger lemon tea. Want some apple cinnamon tea. Gott to half an apple, put some four cinnamon sticks, boil some water.
Speaker 4: If you want.
Speaker 7: You can even squeeze a little lemon in there as well. Get some apple cinnamon tea. Whatever you want. You want mint tea, get some mint with everything. We don't buy stuff in the bags and process. Those tea bags have toxins them. Don't buy up. That's on all these plastics. Plastics have toxins in them. You got to stay away from all the plastics. Plastic water bottle, the plastic cup aware, plastic storgn painters, plastic bags. You know, get if you buy anything in plastic, just get it out as quick as possible. And then what you do is you soak this stuff, you know, whatever it is, you soak it in a bowl of water and baking sona just to take off the chemicals. You know, takes off the pesticize of the herb size, all that stuff to you know, whatever it is to clean ever, know what goes on from with.
Speaker 4: The farm to the supermarket.
Speaker 7: So you know the literal way people in the supermarket spraying, you know, cleaning stuff all over the place that gets onto the fruit and badgies. So you gotta get these chemicals off your fruit and badgies. All right, You got to stay away from the plastics, all the plastics. They are endocraine disruptors. You want to lose weight, you know, I've had patients lose weight literally just by stopping all their plastics, doing nothing different to editor their plastics. They've lost weight. It's that important. So many patients that come to me, say, oh, I want to lose weight. Say and guess where else the planets are. They're in your clothes, right, They're in those especially those workout clothes, those spandaks, you know, all that, all those clothes that people wear, you know, sports bras, tight fitting pants and have lots of plastics that gets into your body, messes with your hormones. They don't tell you that. Just wear cotton. Cotton's more soft and natural, can handle your sweat, you know, stuff like that, So cotton is healthier. Stay away from the plastics. Plastics are everywhere. Don't pull stuff in plaids in the microwave. I don't care if it's got that symbol on it. You know, if you want to be healthy, you guys, stay away from all the plastics and the heavy metals, right. The allumin especially fluoride, also mercury, lead or ship you know, arsenics and brown rice. It's an apple juice, cadmium it's in like the macaronium cheese. Yeah, that's not good. It's everywhere, these chemicals. Leads in the water, you drink, fluorides in the toothpast. You use the aluminiums in the deodorant. You use. You gotta be careful what you're putting on your body. The worst chemical is the sun tad ocean. You know, they say, oh, it's we're gonna prevent skin cans, so you're causing cans or with that suntanin motion and that sunscreen. So you gotta be very careful what you put on your body, what shampoo you use, what's you use, what makeups you use, they all could be toxic chemicals. Now with the coffee, a lot of people say, oh, means tonight, replace it with something besides tea. And there's other options you could do, like a mushroom type of coffee, or like a mud type of coffee, like mud tea. You know, there's all different types of replacement with dandelion, you know, there's lots of good stuff that could kind of mimic it.
Speaker 4: If you really want that ritual of.
Speaker 7: Something hot in the morning, but don't let anything control you, you know, don't let it control you. You could do anything. If you need that cup of coffee or you get a headache, that's something bad. That means it's a drum to you. It's literally addicted to it. You need it like a crackhead. You don't want that. If you get a headache because you don't have something that means it's bad. We got a headache because it's just a few days having an apple or some broccoli. It doesn't happen. It's only you only get a headache bad, which is usually whatever it's gonna be coffee, sugar, alcohol, drugs. You know, that's when you get these bed because what the headache is, they're detoxing, they're getting rid of the bad stuff. You're putting any bad stuff in to be in with you don't get that right. So if you need coffee for what your headache, or you need it to have a bolbum, that's a bad sign that your bio not functioning at optimal levels, all right, So you have to make sure you avoid coffee.
Speaker 4: Number five.
Speaker 7: Number six is alcohol, you know, especially wine beer. They create a lot of autoimmune issues, say, and if you want to bring those numbers down, which are called antibodies where the body's not attacking itself, you have to avoid those foods which aggravate your autoimmune condition. Number one is the wheat in the grains. Number two it's the dairy and the cheeses. Number three is the soy number or is the corn. Number, five is the coffee, number, six is the alcohol. Those are the big six and there's more than that, but that's you know, you're definitely your starting point if you want to reverse your neurological and immuneological disorder of the overactive nervous system and the overactive immune system. That's autoimmune disease. And I don't care which one it is. It's going to help all of those that do scientific evidence where you before you you know, you do this, you check your antibodies numbers and you see how high they are, and then you do it for six weeks and then you read you the blood work after six weeks and you could see addressed change in your antibody numbers. There. Okay, that's for autoimmune disease, diabetes type one, those are the six you have to avoid. If you avoid diabetes type one and diabetes type two, now you have a very low percentage chance of ever developing Alzheimer's disease, which is diabetes type three. So that is very powerful because that means you have the power to actually create your own future. And I don't care if everyone in your family has Alzheimer's disease. So you have this Alzheimer's gene. There's something called epigenetics, and what epigenetics is is that if you alter your environment, you turn off this bad gene. So that if you have the Olitheimer's gene, but you do all the right things, you never develop any memory loss at all. All right, you can do it if you put your mind to it. The power is within your body. Therefore you can function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you are listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 6: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases. That this is the show for you. Don't mis boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan and you will learn natural, integrative and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health canitions rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact the doctor Kaplan, you can call his team that two O one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplindc dot com.
Speaker 7: Function better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power. So there are lots of ways to prevent Alzheimer's. The most important thing is to make sure you do not get diabetes type two and make sure you don't.
Speaker 4: Have autoimmune disease. Okay.
Speaker 7: The second most important thing is to make sure you do novelty. The new things that you learn will help keep your brain strong. If you stop learning new things, your brain deteriorates, you use it, or you lose it. The third most important thing is fuel the and what we mean by fuel delivery is good healthy food, which we spoke about getting enough water.
Speaker 4: You should drink.
Speaker 7: Half your body weight in ounces every day. If you want to mineralize it, which I suggest to get your electrolytes, you put a pinch of pink maleyan salt or Celtic salt, which gives the minerals to the water, so you actually use the water, not just pee it out. So you want to stay hydrated. You don't just want to drink the water and pee it out. And the other fuel delivery is oxygen. We got to make sure we get enough oxygen. There's four plants that you can get for your house or apartment to increase your oxygen and purification. Snake plants, spider plants, alo vera plants, money plants, so those are gonna give you oxygen.
Speaker 4: But get outside. Stop being inside.
Speaker 7: Go outside where there's some trees, the woods, the forest, the jungle.
Speaker 4: Just go to the park.
Speaker 7: I don't care what you do, but be around trees, be in the and if you've even better, put your feet in the dirt, in the grass, put your hug a tree, get.
Speaker 4: In one with nature.
Speaker 7: It's very powerful for your brain. And the last part of fuel delivery is the sun. You gotta get outside and get some sunlight. You got to take off your glasses, you gotta take off your hat, you got to roll up your sleeves, roll up your pantle likes. So the more skin exposure, the more eye exposure, the more absorption.
Speaker 4: You get the vitamin D.
Speaker 7: Vitamin D is very important for your thyroid, it's very important for your immune system. It's also very important for your brain, and it helps prevent Alzheimer's and dementia. So vitamin D also been proven to help with COVID nineteen and lime disease and chronic infections. So you really want to be on top of that and make sure your levels are good.
Speaker 4: When you go to the.
Speaker 7: Lab and you go to quest or lab Corp or someplace like that, they're going to say normal vitamin D levels are above, you know, twenty five thirty something like that. I think that's way too low. If I'm around twenty five thirty, No, I don't like that. I want to at least double that, fifty sixty, maybe even seventy. When you get your blood work and check your vitamin D levels. I personally, I work during the day, so I do supplement, especially during the winter during October to March where the sun is the weakest. You want to make sure you supplement. I like apex energetics. I take them and vitamin D. Be careful because ninety nine percent of the vitamin ds you get out in the real world are toxic. Don't buy vitamins from CBS, from the vitamin chop from Whole Foods or Trader Joes or the health food store. So you'd want to stay away from the GNC and all that stuff because those are you know, these big companies mass produce these vitamins. There's also contaminants and fillers and you know, stuff that is toxic to our bodies. Even food dies and preserve ittive. So we gotta be very very careful with the toxins that we get from supplements.
Speaker 4: Supplements.
Speaker 7: You know, you be very conservative.
Speaker 4: The less is better. Only take what you absolutely need.
Speaker 7: Don't just take Oh I'm gonna take multi vitamins and I'm gonna take you know, stuff for my inflammation. I'm gonna take stuff from my heart and my lungs and my gut. And you know, you have all these supplements to claim to improve your memory, and you know, no, I don't believe in that. You gotta heal from within. You know, I don't want you to take melotodin for your sleep. I want to say, how come you're not sleeping right?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 7: The way to find out it's actually do an evaluation. The best evaluation. It's called a q EEG brain mapping, and this will literally tell us do you have sleep deprivation, do you have insomnia? Do you have anxiety? Do troubles with focus, difficulty shifting tasks, motivation, trouble with balance, vision, hearing ringing in the ears. Do you have low dopamine? Do you have low aceto coaling? Do you have a thyroid problem. Do you have intest inflammation. Have you had a concussion. Do you get heavy metal poisoning? Do you have short term memory problems, long term memory problems, immediate term memory problems. So we really want to do this evaluation the q EEG brain mapping because it's non invasive. There's no radiation. You don't have to take some contrast fluid, you don't have to sit some small tube. There's no X rays or PET scans or MRIs or cat scans, stuff that's going to really radiate you. There's not like ultrasounds and mammograms where you have all this radiation. But what it does is it measures your electrical signals in your brain, your brain waves. Just like you can do an EKG to measure your heart waves, this is an EEG to measure your brain waves, your alpha brain waves, your beta brain waves, your data, your delta, and they all do something different. The alpha brain wave that measures, you know, basically your everyday brain function. Beta brain waves that measures if you're really going to focus and think and concentrate. Beta that's more when you're daydreaming, should be relaxed and kind of in la la land. And the delta that's when you're sleeping and your brain should be totally off there. So it measures all these different brain waves and based on the location of the abnormal brain waves, it can actually tell us which areas of the brain are functioning normally and which areas are not functioning normally. I love this test. It's normally five hundred dollars, but we're going to do a gift for every one of our listeners. For the first seven people to call, text or email, you can literally get the qEEG brain mapping. Instead of paying the normal five hundred, you can get for only twenty one dollars. The phone number is six four six two two one, six seven three eight. Now, the second best test that I like is called a VNG videostography, and this will tell us, okay, which areas of the brain are overactive and which are underactive. If there's certain areas the brain that are overactive, that's gonna be anxiety, you're gonna get padic, fear, worry, You're gonna get you know, heartpelp. With patients, you might have respiratory issues. You're not gonna sleep very well. You're gonna have you know, OCD or ADHD. Your mind's always racing and obsesses about negative things, and so that's the overactive areas. It's also gonna tell us which areas are underactive. That's gonna be if you're low motivation, low energy, depression, poor memory, poor focused, you can't get it together, you got brain fog. That's gonna tell us which areas are underactive. Okay, And that's why I love the V and G. The V and G test to find which areas are underactive, which areas are overacted. And this is important because that's gonna dictate what therapy we need because some areas of the brain we need to relax and others we need to stimulate. That's why I love the V ANDNG. And this is also non invasive. There's no radiation, there's no contrast fluid, super easy all you gotta do is wear these goggles, and these goggles have infrared cameras in them, and the camera is going to measure your eye movements, how it responds to light, how it goes fast and slow, and left and right and up and down with head movements and no movements and dark and all this stuff. It's a really cool test, right, only takes about fifteen twenty minutes to perform, super easy. You just follow this red laser light going all these different ways. This test is normally five hundred dollars, but for the first seven people to call, text or email you can get the VNG as well for only twenty one dollars six four six two two one sixty seven three eight or email info at kaplanbrainebody dot com. That's for a v NG, and if you want, you could do both tests. You could do the q EEG brain mapping for only twenty one. You could also do the v ANDNG for twenty one. And the last test is a one on one with me. You could also do that for twenty one. You could do it in my New York office. You could do it in my New Jersey office. We can do it virtually. We see a lot of people virtually now, so people don't want to, you know, drive all the way to our office. We see people from all over the world and the country and the state and far away, so a lot of times the first visit is good to do virtually. You know, you're definitely welcome to come straight to the office. But if you want to do virtually, as long as you have zoom or FaceTime or WhatsApp or something like that where we could do it on a video, we can check everything. We could check your memory and your balance and your reflexes and how you walk, your range of motion, your posture. We could check out how your eyes are, your ears are, We could check out you know, your reaction times and your stability and your alone and how your muscles are and how your rigidity is, and a lot of good stuff. All right, So we could do it all virtually as well, but you're welcome to do it in office or out of office. We have one office in New Jersey in Berrien County, New Jersey. We have one office in West Village of Manhattan in New York City, And like I said, if you don't.
Speaker 4: Want to do either of those, you could do virtual two. So this test.
Speaker 7: We check everything your range of motion, and we listen to your heart and your lungs and your gut. We check out your reaction time, how your balance is, your memory. It's normally five hundred dollars. I'm also going to review if you do the other two tests, your VNG and your brain mapping, I'll go over your blood work. It's a very thorough physical and neurological evaluation. It's normally five hundred dollars. The first seven people to call, text or email and get it for only twenty one dollars six four six two two one six seven three eight. If you don't want to come in office, do it virtually. You can also email us info at kaplanbraindobody dot com. Just tell them you want to be one of the first seven people to do the physical evaluation one on one with doctor Kaplan, or you want to do the brain mapping for twenty one, or you want to do the VNG for twenty one or the best option is to do all three and you can do it all the same day if you want so, you can say all three tests, it would be sixty three dollars instead of paying one five hundred dollars. You literally like to pay sixty three dollars and there's no pressure. You know, this is more just a get acquainted visit see if you're a good fit for the practice.
Speaker 4: There's no.
Speaker 7: Obligations to do anything after. I'm gonna give you my diagnosis, my recommendations, but it's up to you whether you want to go through.
Speaker 4: With it or not.
Speaker 7: All right, So there's no pressure, low cost, easy evaluation. Take advantage, give us a call. If you want to check out our website, you can go to kaplindc dot com. Also on social media, Facebook, our pages Caplin Brain and Body Instagram. Our page is Capling Brain Body. Our TikTok is doctor Eric Caplo, and our YouTube is Capling Brain and Body as well. So take advantage of evaluations because we want to evaluate the brain in a holistic, natural way, getting to the root cause of the problem. Don't call if you want a quick, easy fix, if you just want a medication or Herbers supplement. But if you really want to get to the root cause of the problem, you want to prevent future problems, you want to reverse your chronic health conditions. You want to do your own work and let the body heal itself in a permanent way, so you don't rely on doctors or you know, supplements, our pills or medicines that can have side effects. Right this way, we do it in a holistic and natural way. An outse of prevention is worth a pound of cure. You know, it's not about covering up the symptoms. It's about treating your body the right way so you function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan. You just listen to poosh a brain power. We'll see you next week.
Speaker 6: Don't miss boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six ' one two one five zero or email info at Kaplin brain and Body dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Kaplan, or visit kaplandc dot com for more information.
Speaker 1: The proceeding was a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed