Speaker 1: Now your host for World Series. Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 2: Tim kamk Hi, everybody, and welcome into Morongo Casino.
Speaker 3: Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 2: It's the twenty twenty four World Series, your Los Angeles Dodgers and the New York Yankees. Last night, one of the greatest games in World Series history ended with an epic walk off by the Dodgers, a moment that will be talked about and remembered for the history of baseball. And tonight they'll do it again with the Dodgers the chance to take a two to Ohero Series lead. It's Game two of the World Series from Dodgers Stadium. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound gets the start. First pitch coming up at five OHO eight. Coming up over the next hour here on Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck, we got a lot to get to. We are gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. That's coming up in just a little bit. We'll dive deeper into this Game two pitching matchup. David vesegoes one on one with Andreyear, who's at Dodgers Stadium and enjoined this World Series. We've got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly, we'll check in with Kirsten Watson. We got your Otani rewind coming up. In just a few minutes, we'll head out to the Gaping Motors broadcast booth and check in with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: Last night at the Ravine, the highly anticipated matchup got under away finally between the Dodgers and Yankees, two iconic franchises with rich histories, the two best teams in baseball during the regular season this year was superstars on both rosters.
Speaker 3: Jack Flaherty got the start.
Speaker 2: The Dodger right hander pitched into the sixth Indian and they did really well. Five and a third, two runs, five hit, six strikeouts. He made one mistake that was leaving a curve ball over the plate for Jean Carlos Stanton. In the six he hit a four hundred and twelve feet for a two run home run that actually gave the Yankees a two to one lead. Dodgers down in the eighth when they mounted a comeback, shoe Hey Otania went out double. He advanced a third on an air after a pitching change that brought up Mookie Betts. Dodgers down two to one, one out. Otani at third.
Speaker 5: Infield remains in on Weavers one to two pitch beat.
Speaker 6: Swings in sends won a centerfield judge going back. He reaches up and makes the catch. But that's gonna get the job done. Here comes Otani. He scores without a play sacrifice, flying bookie pets.
Speaker 1: And game one is tied.
Speaker 2: Mookie Betts with the sack fly to right off Luke Weaver. That scored O'tani. That is the top tier play the game sponsored by Arco Quality, top tier gas for last. We were tied at two. The game were made tied going to extra innings. At the top of the tenth, sh Isn't with a one out single, He stole second, he stole third, and then he would score on Anthony Volpi fielder's choice, and the Yankees took a three to two lead. The bottom of the tenth, Dodgers needed to answer Gavin Locks a one out walk. Tommy Edvan reached on an infield single. Yankees went to Neser Cortes out of the bullpen. The left hander hadn't pitshed in thirty eight days, mainly a starter, and the left hander got Otani to f but Alex Ferdugo catching the ball fell intto the stands. Runners advanced, so the Yankees intentionally walked Mookie Bets to load the bases with two outs. Nesta Cortes facing Freddy Friedman, the.
Speaker 6: Yankees three, the Dodgers two. The basses are loaded, two out, bottom of the tenth thitting the scenario you dream about. Freddy is living first pitch, swinging high.
Speaker 7: Fly ball, deep back.
Speaker 6: Freddie Freeman channeling is inner, Kirk Gibson.
Speaker 4: Oh walk up home run in Game one of the World Series. They walk off Grand Flam.
Speaker 6: They celebrate at the play winners six to three.
Speaker 2: Freddie Freeman with the walk off Grand Slam and the breath of fresh air. Moment of the game presented by a Tar Mechanical. Looking for reliable heating and air conditioning services in Southern California, look no further than a Tara Mechanical. Great people, Omar and Brittany their services more than just a solution, It's a breath of fresh air for the moment you call to the completion of your project. A Tar Mechanical delivers friendly on his service at a fair price. Dodgers with a dramatic walk off win last night. Nobody wanted to leave Dodgers Stadium. It was pandemonium inside the ravine. If the rest of the series is anything like last night, buckle up, folks. We are in for one of the all time great world series. Already one of the all time game greame game ones with the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Winning last night.
Speaker 2: Tonight Game two Dodgers Yankees, Yoshinobu, I'm a Moto on the mound, and with more. Let's head out to the Gallpin Motors Broadcast booth as we welcome in Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 6: TC were still buzzing after last night's walk off grand Slam. Freddie Freeman mole, I'm gonna be honest with you, it was tough for me to fall asleep. I don't know that if I fully did last night. That's the kind of high that we all left here with.
Speaker 4: Well, if it's any comfort to you, I think there were about fifty three thousand of us. They didn't sleep particularly well last night, including the manager Dave Roberts, who said that once he got home, they stayed up and they watched some of the highlights a little bit well, they didn't leave the ballpark until much later into the evening, No question about it. I don't know how you top Game one of this World Series because this one put everybody sideways and looking and understanding exactly what happened. How about this also because obviously some people have way too much time on their hands, because with Freemen hitting that home run, the walk off home run World Series here at Dodger Stadium exactly thirteen thousand, one hundred and sixty days after Kirk Gibson hit that walk off home run, and the coincidence both of those home runs were hit at eight thirty seven pm, there were.
Speaker 5: Some Dodger ghosts in the building last night.
Speaker 8: Maull.
Speaker 6: I think that's safe to say. I mean, dude, you I believe in that stuff, do you?
Speaker 4: I don't know, but I don't discount it. At the same time, last night, I thought it was a wonderful stage and the biggest stage that this sport has, and how it captured. I mean, even downtown in La earlier today just walking around a little bit, I mean, people were in their Dodger gear and thinking about everything that happened, and I mean little things that happened all throughout the ball game. This was baseball, I think, at its best in a wonderful, wonderful showcase last night.
Speaker 6: And it was kind of stunning because you know, normally you have four days of build up and hype and it's like, there's no way that this game is going to meet those expectations. No, they far exceeded those expectations. You dropped last night's script into a writer's room down the street in Hollywood or in downtown wherever, any studio. They're going to reject that that's too much to you much and it ends in the first ever walk off Grand Slam in World Series history. So now everybody has to try and turn the page to Game two, because as thrilling as Game one was, mo it only counts for one.
Speaker 4: Only counts for one, but it's a big one in the initial game of the World Series. Now the big question is can the players refocus and say, Okay, this is game two. Don't be thinking of the long ball and for the home run by Freddy Freeman. I mean, there's so many different things that got your attention, including Freeman is first and back gets the triple. They asked Dave Roberts after the game well, what does you think about the triple? He says, how I wanted it, tell him to stop because that right ankle. And yet Freddy Freeman was back out here early today getting his five to six hours of treatment in order to be in the starting lineup tonight.
Speaker 5: But you look at.
Speaker 6: The last four or excuse me, last five World series between the Dodgers and Yankees. Tim, you know, conventional wisdom says you want to go up two games to none, take that commanding two to nothing lead, going to the road team, and that's what you're thinking about. But in this rivalry's history, the last five World Series that they played, four times has there been a two to nothing series lead, and three of those times the team up two oh went on to lose the World series.
Speaker 5: Mo, as you well know you were on both sides.
Speaker 4: Would you rather be up two games to none?
Speaker 5: Undoubtedly?
Speaker 4: Case closed?
Speaker 5: Doubtedly. I'm just trying to say there's some history here. Well we'll see how these teams make some more history. Game two of the World Series coming up.
Speaker 2: Tim, back to you, all right, thanks a lot, Nelly, As we count you down to first pitch, Dodger fans, get your game day meal on a Shaky's Pizza Parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's right now at Shakys dot com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, We're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We'll check in with David vat Say, We'll hear from Andre Ethier. We'll dive deeper into this Game two pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: But I'm next.
Speaker 2: You're o Tani Rewind and we'll visit with Kirsten Watson. We're leading up to Game two of the World Series from Dodger Stadium, Dodgers and Yankees. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Cases, Los Angeles. Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Is Morongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck, y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: He's the Dodgers and Yankees Game two of the World Series. Dodgers a thrilling Game one win last night on the walk off Grand Slam from Freddie Freeman, Yoshinobu Yamamoto, and Carlos Rodan. The pitching matchup here in Game two tonight. First pitch coming up in five O eight.
Speaker 9: This is the Otani Rewide Kainley leads in as the call from Wells O one oh Otani swings it's a missile to right field.
Speaker 6: Soto back at the wall. It's off the base of the wall. Otani makes a turnaround first, he heads for a second and he slides in safely, and the ball skips away and Joey's taking off her third.
Speaker 5: He slides in safely.
Speaker 6: There the throw back into the infield skept away from the middle of the ech infield. You Otani took an extra ninety feet, so the tying run on third with only.
Speaker 2: One out in the show Hey Otani with the double the eighth and he takes third on the throwing air, a heads up piece of base running by Show Hey. He would score on the mookie Bets sack fly tie in the game at two, and the Dodgers would go on and win it with the grand Slam from Freddie Freeman in the bottom half of the tenth inning, a six to three win over the Yankees. Last night in Game one, Otani rewind brought to you by Eto ins Oi Ocha, Japan's number one greens He and the tea that Show Hey Otani loves and drinks available a local DISO stores target eto in dot com.
Speaker 3: That's it O e N dot com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: And Kirston now joins us before Game two of this World Series. Kirsten, everybody talking about last night Freddie Freeman the Grand Slam to win Game one. A lot of comparisons to Gibbean eighty eight.
Speaker 10: Oh my goodness, so many, and it's so incredible when you think about just what happened last night. This was a game that he was so tight for Garret Cole, he had his best of Jack Flaherty was excellent, just that one mixed mistake to gian Carlos stand and look, they got some big guys over there, so will you expect if there's a mistake, they're going to do their best to take advantage of it. But if you look at how he handled Aaron Judge, he truly was excellent all night. And the offense, yes, they were opportunities in which they weren't able to execute with runners in scoring position when it mattered most they did just that. And so for Freddy Freeman to have a walk off Grand Slam in the World Series, all of his teammates were literally they were pretty speechless, to be honest, afterwards. And I had a conversation with Orl Herscheizer today and he was just telling me how, going back to nineteen eighty eight, for Kirk Gibson, for him to have that walk off home run, it was one in which it set the tone for the series. He then had to start the next he had three hits, He had a shut up performance, and so for him, he was saying that there were so many parallels that he was experiencing last night, that he was seeing last night.
Speaker 3: The score was six to three.
Speaker 10: That number sixty three. Fernando Valenzuela, he passed away at the age of sixty three. Ahead of the game, they recognized him with his family, and I loved this parallel.
Speaker 5: He had told me so.
Speaker 10: Oral Herscheizer actually used to call Fernando Valenzuela Freddie.
Speaker 4: Oh ye, of course.
Speaker 10: And now Fernando Freddy had a very good relationship with Kurt Gibson, they were quite close. So then for the present day Freddie Freeman to have the walk off Grand Slam similar to the walk off home run of Kurt Gibson, it just felt like there were so many things meant to be. So I don't know if y'all believe in signs. This feels like a very very good sign. And I think that there are a lot of people, a lot of Dodger legends looking down on this team and they're hoping for something special this year, and I think last night's set the tone for that.
Speaker 4: No doubt.
Speaker 2: Kirsten brought to you by Cars for Kids. The easiest way to get ready a little cards dotate today. Your car can be picked up tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Is that easy?
Speaker 3: Donate now Cars for Kids dot organ that's cars with the kid.
Speaker 2: They got a game too, they got to play and it's Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mount.
Speaker 10: Yes, And so he's gonna have to set the tone for today. But he's been really good at in this postseason, and so for him, it's similar to kind of what he looked like to close out the regular season and to what he saw and against the Padres. It's all of that just kind of set the tone early, be excellent. Do what he did truly against this team over the summer. So he's ready for it. He is taking all the experiences that he has had this postseason, the experiences he's had for the regular season. He feels good and he's been preparing his body for this start. He obviously he does have a well stocked bullpen behind him. We did see some guys we were kind of whether it's Blake China and just kind of stretched out there yesterday. But ultimately Dave Roberts feels really good about the protection that he has and also just going into the off day tomorrow and then Walker Beeler getting the start for Game three in New York.
Speaker 2: It's going to be an exciting Game two. Who knows if it's exciting his Game one. We certainly hope for the same outcome. Here's gonna be appreciated. We'll check in with you after the game. Still to come here, I'm Wronggo Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll dive Deepert at this Game two pitching matchup. David Vasse will check in throughout the show, of course. Well, here from the manager, Dave Roberts, THO when we come back, it's the Dodgers and Yankees Game two of the World Series. First pitch at five oh eight. I'm Tim Katson. This is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunts game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Wrongo Casino.
Speaker 2: Dodgers on Deck continues as we lead you up to first pitch on this Saturday at night. It's Game two of the World Series. Dodgers Yankees, Maronggo Casino Resort and Spa, A Grand Slam for good times. Yoshinobu Yamomoto and Carlos Rodn pitching match up here in Game two.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at five oh eight.
Speaker 2: Right now, let's head back out to Dodger Stadium and check in with the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Gibber anything else, Dave?
Speaker 11: Do you think questions for Dave?
Speaker 1: Dave? Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave Robbers?
Speaker 8: I think the thing that excites me is his temperament, poise, the ability to control his emotions and still make pitches. So yeah, first World Series appearance and he'll be ready.
Speaker 1: Good to build plash key on your right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Doc. Last night after you got home, did you watch a replay? Did you savor it? Did you have trouble sleeping? Was the adrenaline still going?
Speaker 8: I did? I? Actually I did I was got home, and then my wife, my son, my mother in law, we did some replay thing that you can do that I don't know how to do. My son put it up and you could kind of watch the quick highlights, and so I saw all that stuff.
Speaker 11: It was.
Speaker 8: It was pretty spectacular, pretty very spectacular.
Speaker 12: Yeah, David, the ninth inning there when you chose to walk out O And obviously it's good to pretty tough Gomblin to navigate. How are you factorings or where you're picking your poison between those three guys and how much is them being left right right influenced some of your decisions in that setup.
Speaker 8: It's certainly a pick your poison type of situation. I think I've got a kind of way, you know, the moment.
Speaker 1: The today's game.
Speaker 8: That's why I sort of thought about potentially shorten Kopek a little bit on his pitch count to have him ready feeling frisky for tonight's game. The particular matchup, I just felt, you know, right there the game was on the line, and it certainly wasn't ideal to have Blake do an up down in game one, but I just felt that, you know, that was the game for me at that point in time. So that was kind of the thought. And it never feels good to walk to get to judge.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Dave Roberts down to the dugout with his pregame thoughts before Game two, brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts wins in the playoffs. Be being ready for anything. If you want your contracting business to succeed, you need to be ready to let Service Titan help you. Be prepared Service Titan dot Com. When we continue here on Morogo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with v David Vasse, our Dodger insider as we lead you up to first pitch Dodgers Yankees Game two of the World Series. I'm Tim Katson. This is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network. This is Morongo Casino Dodgers on deech.
Speaker 1: On your home for the Blue Full Season Law.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Yankees Game two of the World Series. Yoshinobo Yamamoto and Carlos Rodon. The pitching matchup for our first pitch from Dodger Stadium is coming.
Speaker 3: Up at five o eight.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck, I accept everybody for who they are. This is Dodger insider David Bassi.
Speaker 2: And David bass now joins us from Dodgers Stadium before Game two of this World Series and David, last night one of the greatest moments in baseball history. I don't think it's too much to say that's certainly one of the biggest moments in Dodger history. Echoing nineteen eighty eight and Kirk Gibson, what a home run grand Slam from Freddy.
Speaker 13: Six hundred and ninety six World Series games have been played. That was the first ever walk off Grand Slam in World Series history. Hard to believe and obviously tim alta parallels being drawn to Freddie Freeman's walk off home run last night to Kirk Gibson's walk off home run in Game one of the nineteen eighty eight World Series. Obviously, Kirk was on two bad knees, bad hand strings, Freddie's dealing with a bad right ankle, a broken right middle finger, and who knows what else. And moments after he crossed home plate and got the gatorade bath, he jumped on with us live from the field.
Speaker 11: Freddie, it feels like the game does reward you.
Speaker 14: Oh, Yeah, you know, it's been a grind. It's been a grind for three months for me and my family, and obviously the last week getting the rest and treating my ankle and doing the best you can.
Speaker 3: So every morning.
Speaker 13: Me tonight, when you were up there against Nestor Cortes, are you just doing the Freddie Freeman thing and looking for something in the strike zone.
Speaker 14: Yes, I'm trying to be on time for the heater. He's got a good hit here, the ball rises. I just wanted to be on time for it.
Speaker 7: I'm trying to.
Speaker 14: Look closer to me because I didn't wanted to lay off the cutter in the slider away. I just wanted to not miss the pitch at it, and I.
Speaker 11: Didn't miss it.
Speaker 13: Freddie, There's been a lot of great moments in World Series history, Dodger history.
Speaker 11: You're now part of that. What does that mean?
Speaker 14: That means a lot. But we still got three more wins to go, so I'm glad I to do this for Game one and.
Speaker 7: Get the win.
Speaker 3: But let's let's now.
Speaker 14: I got to focus ours tomorrow and grace some more memories.
Speaker 13: Now, here's another thing that's circulating on the internet, tim that Freeman's walk off grand slam was hit at the same hour and minute as Kirk Gibson's walk off home run in Game one in nineteen eighty eight. I'm still trying to confirm that, but still it would be pretty special if that was the case.
Speaker 11: Eight twenty seven, I believe is what they're saying.
Speaker 13: Gibson hit his home run and Freddy hit his last night, and I was looking at the replay my vantage point as I was high fiving Magic Johnson on my way to the field. Tim, you know, it looked like it landed pretty close to where Gibson's home run hit was hit. And the one thing about Gibson's home run in eighty eight, nobody.
Speaker 11: Knows where that baseball is.
Speaker 13: I'll have to try to find out later today whether or not Freddie Freeman knows whether or not that baseball was caught by somebody, and whether or not he got it back.
Speaker 3: David is driven by Ford.
Speaker 2: If there's one thing he like, his choice is fine yours with the four f one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough. This mark can only be called the F one fifty Tommy Edmund last night he was key as well, right, He.
Speaker 13: Got a lot of action at shortstop, and he actually saved two runs.
Speaker 11: That is not really being talked about.
Speaker 13: After John Carlos Stanton hit his go ahead two run home run, the Yankees were threatening for more and Edmund made a great stop to hold Jash Chisholm at third base. And also later in the game in that eighth or ninth inning, he was able to prevent a run from being scored as well to keep the score where it was.
Speaker 11: You know, he stopped the ball.
Speaker 13: It could have been a double play, it probably wasn't going to be, and he was able to keep it in front of him and get a force out and keep the game at a one run game right there.
Speaker 11: In the top of the tenth inning.
Speaker 13: So Tommy Edmund NLCSMVP also made a lot of terrific plays at shortstop last night.
Speaker 2: They got to play a game two right away tonight. Daman, what's the lineup look compared to last night.
Speaker 13: Well, Tommy Edmond now is in center field with the left hander Rodin on the mound. Miguel Rojas is getting the started shortstop, and keyk Hernandez slides over to second base. This is Rojas's first start since the NLDS because of his sports hernia prevented him from playing in the NLCS. Rojas is going to have to have surgery to get that sports hernia taken care of after what he hopes is a championship parade. But he said it feels better now than it did when he was playing through it in September. So Rojas at short, Edmund in center, Keik at second base.
Speaker 2: Well, kudos to you, David last night postgame all the Dodger talk having Brad Paisley in the booth, it was quite a listen. For those who didn't hear It makes you podcasted on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Thanks TV. We'll check back in with you in just a little bit. Coming up here, I'm Morongo.
Speaker 2: Casino Dodgers on Deck, will dive deeper into this pitching matchup we go high and tight, but up next you're Dodgers' magical Moment Dodgers Yankees Game two of the World Series, first pitch at five oh eight. I'm Jim Katson. This is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of LA Dodgers. Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's Game two the World Series Dodgers and the Yankees. Dodgers a one ozero series lead after the thrilling win last night on the walk off Grand Slam from Freddie Freeman, Yoshinobo Yamamoto, and Carlos Rodon.
Speaker 3: The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at five oh eight.
Speaker 15: Hot Dog, who wants a hot It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment. Pitch Magical Magic presented by Hawpey Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: We go back to October twenty six, two thousand and eighteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the six year anniversary.
Speaker 2: It was the twenty eighteen World Series Dodgers taking on the Boston Red Sox. It was the Friday Night, a game that went to extra innings, a game that would never end. They'd go to the eighteenth inning when finally Max Munsey ended it.
Speaker 5: Valde on three and.
Speaker 11: Two, five ball left center field. Well hit back.
Speaker 7: At the wall, and the longest.
Speaker 16: World Series game in history has come to an end. A mighty blast by Max Monsey. The Dodgers are back from the dead. They win it three to two. They moved back to within two games to one in the twenty eighteen World Series, an historic game at Dodgers Stadium and Monsey is being pummeled at the plate.
Speaker 11: He may never have a bigger hit.
Speaker 1: Again in his life than that one.
Speaker 2: Max Mounsey with the walkoff home run to beat the Red Sox in Game three of the twenty eighteen World Series, a game that lasted seven hour in twenty minutes ended in the eighteenth inning. In this Hofe Magical moment, brought to you by Hofey hot Dogs and so Cal Treasurer for over one hundred years, vins the hoffeybrand dot Com to find out where you can purchase crazy delicious Hoffey hot Dogs. When we come back here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check back, y'all. Rick Monday is We're leading up to first pitch Game two of the World Series Dodgers and Yankees. I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It is Morongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck, y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Yankees Game two of the World Series. Yoshinobo Yamamoto Carlos from the Dome. The pitching matchup Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Zinci handcrafted sushi made fresh daily on site.
Speaker 3: You can pick up delicious.
Speaker 2: Sushi before or after the game at Ralphs and other local supermarkets right near the deli counter.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Basse, Here's La Dodgers broadcast therein and World Series champ Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 13: Rick, what an opening act last night for the World Series. Freddie Freeman, that guy I know you really care about, delivered and the game rewarded him.
Speaker 4: I thought it was an absolute wonderful presentation of Major League Baseball. And I mean that sincerely. You know, you can talk about games, and this is the biggest stage that baseball has to present, and I thought the game itself, major League Baseball presented itself in an absolutely glorious way last night. I mean, there was so much drama both ways. You know, one base hit, one play, it goes the other way. One base hit, one play, it goes the other way. And then the stage is it for Freddy Freeman and he comes on and the Dodgers trailing in that ten donning with two outs and you get Freeman that comes on, and you know it was a chakra to begin with. Who was expecting Freddie Freeman with his right ankle that is that is so heavily damaged. I mean, that's just the way it is. He is undergoing five hours of medical just in order to to see if he can play in a ballgame. In his first to bad last night, gets the triple that Dave Roberts after the ball game said, well, what did you think of about the Freddie Freeman's triple? He says, I want to tell him to stop stop running, and then he hits the of the Grand Slam. This place was absolutely electric last night, and I know in just walking around downtown LA a little earlier today that electricity is still there and it's in the building as well. And that doesn't take anything for granted, But I thought last night was a wonderful presentation of the game of baseball.
Speaker 11: Well put Rick as only you could do it.
Speaker 13: And I know it's been a few years since you last played in Major League baseball, But after a game like last night, do you have the itch?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 4: I know how to scratch now? Yeah? You always had the itch, you always I think one of the things that you miss as a player, at least I'm speaking for myself and a couple of the teammates as well. You missed the excitement of the unknown. There was plenty of that last night here. You also miss just the competition. I don't have to be competitive in everything that I do, but when you're on the field here and that's your perfection, the level of competition just presents itself to an escalated mode, if you will. It's difficult to explain it. After the jitters kind of settled down after the first couple of innings, as I thought, the tension was on the field and everybody's a little up tight, understandably, so I've been there, and that's the way it is that the butterflies that upset stomach, that you hear the anticipation, and then the kind of settled down in the third inning that it came down to the baseball as well. By the way, I just want to come end you. I listened to your post game last night and the fact that you had Brad Paisley come on, who is a huge, not only Dodger fan, he's a baseball fan. And I talked to Brad right before the ballgame downstairs in the dugout club and he was enthusiastic. But I thought your interview and listening to Brad Paisley talk about baseball was really, really fun.
Speaker 13: He's back, He's not singing the anthem, but he's here as a Dodger.
Speaker 4: I also liked the fact that you what was he trying to auction off his guitar? Whatever was, Yeah, it's a Cooper Town any gazo, not this guitar. It is very similar to h Here's here's the parallel that I drew when I heard that last night, and I kind of chuckled while I was in the car looking at tail lights in front of me, But I equated it to a player, a good defensive player. They said, hey, look, let's take that globe and send it somewhere. Let's take that No no, no, no, no no. And it's the same with Brad Baisley with his favorite guitar.
Speaker 11: Rick.
Speaker 13: What's amazing is I'm sitting here talking to you the day after Freddie Freeman's walk off grand slam. Freddie now joins you and Kirk Gibson as Dodger history as one of the most memorable home runs that this franchise has ever seen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and put it in perspective, though, Dave, in order to have those swings. There had to be your teammates on bass, and there had to be win by your teammates and you and the ball club and all of the scouting that took place in order to get your ball club there. It's one swing that it represents the actions of everybody.
Speaker 13: Well, I don't think mel Didier gave Freddie the scouting report on a backdoor slider from Nestor Quarte.
Speaker 4: No, if Freddie did that, but he also went and consulted what was looking to the possibility of the pitches that he might see. It was a wonderful, wonderful game.
Speaker 11: Let's see what they got for an on court tonight. Rick. We'll check in with you and Stephen a little bit later. There he is blue Monday.
Speaker 13: We'll always remember that game in Montreal in nineteen eighty one as well.
Speaker 11: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, Thanks Loud DV, Thank you Moe Dodgers fans and hands you're listening and experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening to Dodger games in HD. It's all freedom down Load powered by la Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos. Lacare dot org still to come here. I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. Will dive deeper into this pitching matchup Rick, We'll be back with Steven Nelson. Get you those keys to the game before first pitch.
Speaker 3: But I'm not next.
Speaker 2: We go high and Tight with Andre Eighthier Dodgers Yankees. It's Game two of the World Series from Dodgers Stadium. I'm Tim Kasa's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunter's game on your Home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Yankees Game two of the World Series from Dodgers Stadium, Yoshanova Yamamoto and Carlos Rodan. The pitching match of Dodgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital Los Angeles. When you need the very best care for your child, go to Children's Hospital LA, ranked number one in California for pediatric care.
Speaker 3: Find the right doctor at c HLA dot org.
Speaker 1: David and now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 13: It's the day after Freddie Freeman's historic walk off Grand Slam and look who showed up to throw out the first pitch with his best buddy, Matt Kemp, the one and only Prince of the Desert, a man that spent his entire twelve year Major league career with the Dodgers, the one and only Andre Ethier.
Speaker 11: Great to have you out here, man, What a day to be out here.
Speaker 7: What a day. You're right, that was unbelievable last night.
Speaker 17: I think two words coming up, wow and incredible. I don't think you could have asked for a better start to this series.
Speaker 7: You know. I think you get I think you get.
Speaker 17: Nervous, and I think you get fearful that there's so much lead up, especially in the you know amount of time that was between the you know, the lcs's and the World Series and Yankees Dodgers, you know battle the of the two big teams, and last night lived up to.
Speaker 7: It, uh, you know, to the full extent. And that was Uh. I think everything you could ask for.
Speaker 17: And I know I was on the edge of my seat last night, on the couch watching him the whole thing. Couldn't believe Yes we have this, No we don't have this. Oh crap, what happens if we go down oh one, you know, all the scenarios, and then sure enough Freddie walks up there hit once winging one bitch uh one night.
Speaker 11: So you're as invested as all of us.
Speaker 17: Oh yeah, one invested. Uh you know, I'm uh, you know, all in. I love this team, I love his organization. I wanted to ask, you know, the most amount of success that could have, But yeah, when we were getting series and games like this, I'm I'm all for it. I'm sitting there yelling and screaming, uh, probably doing the same reactions that everyone's doing at home, at the same reactions everyone's doing at the stadium. So yeah, it's fun to be here. That's why I'm here today and uh here enjoying World Series Baseball back in LA what right rightfully belongs to rightfully.
Speaker 13: Should be andre it seemed like everybody was happy for Freddie Freeman because I know, if you've talked about this, the game rewards you, and it seems like he's put in a lot to this game, and it felt like the game rewarded him last night for.
Speaker 7: Sure one percent.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 7: You know, he's been a guy who's been so stable over the courses whole you know, career.
Speaker 17: I think I saw that stat they pulled up last night all his what he's first, second in and the last like I don't know, was it five six, seven years or something like hits rbish, you know all that stuff. I mean, it's it's unbelievable to see the resume's put together and he's quite and let's really be really, he's quietly done it. Everyone knows who Freddie Freeman is. Everyone can give his aclades, but you don't realize the level of success he's had, not only the level of success, the elite level of success he's had, because you look at those numbers right there, he's first, not not tenth, not eleventh, not even thirtieth. He's first and second in a lot of those categories. And you know it's that that's what makes this line up tough, right like you you had a atani uh let's walk bets.
Speaker 7: Uh deep breath.
Speaker 17: After we got those, you know, we got Otani out, we get we put uh bets on, and then we have Freddy coming up, who's we knows, hobbled, who's always been struggling, and I guess a wounded a.
Speaker 7: Wounded animal, wounded creatures.
Speaker 17: There's some of the you know, some of the most dangerous and Freddie definitely showed it last night.
Speaker 13: The great part about this is now there's a new highlight to show instead of just Kirk Gibson's.
Speaker 17: Can I tell you how many times I've seen that Gibby a highlight, you know, all those years you know, lady.
Speaker 7: And games eighth, ninth inning come back.
Speaker 17: You know, in place during the regular season and that Gibbie the highlight comes on, and that will always hold a place where I like, you know, with Vinnie and and you know calling that you know that shot and give you what it meant to this city back then in eighty eight and rightfully so though for this new next generation, and I think it's perfect for you know what's going on here with first time in forty three years, it's this generational series matchup again, and so why not have a generational moment for this next generation of Dodger fans to see and have something that they've witnessed themselves and seem we And the only way to really solidify that and capitalize on it is that has to be a World series victory.
Speaker 7: And I think that's what was special about.
Speaker 13: That give you moment how much momentum does it give the Dodgers after winning a game like last night.
Speaker 7: Well, I said this to a couple.
Speaker 17: I had a couple buddies of mine who were on the flight with me today that happened to be Yankees fans, and I said, They're like, well, Booty looks awful. After that, I go, well, Dave would have looked awful too. If so, whoever lost that game? As a manager, you look bad, right, There's opportunities for you to maybe done something different, but you.
Speaker 7: Can't second get show off off those things. You know, does Dave.
Speaker 17: Pull Jack a little early from you know? From that at that Who knows? Does you know Booney make a different move right there?
Speaker 7: You never know.
Speaker 17: I just think it's a real testament to the quality of both players on each field. And when you have that home field advantage, that's what happens in these series. You're able to capitalize on it. The Dodgers did last night.
Speaker 11: He's a man in demand.
Speaker 13: Andre Ethier at Dodgers stadiure before Game two of the World Series. He's throwing out the first pitch with his old teammate Matt Camp.
Speaker 11: What's it like to be back.
Speaker 13: With Matt in this setting, to be able to be brought back together as two of the more popular players in the line last twenty five years.
Speaker 7: Uh, it's it's a big honor.
Speaker 17: It's it's it's uh, it's unbelievable to be uh given this honor of doing this for a game two of the World Series, and you know, not just a regular season game, not just a playoff game, a World Series, the first one that's been back in.
Speaker 7: Uh what is it eight years now? Uh, And uh, you know, it's unbelievable to be a part of it.
Speaker 17: You know, I know, uh, the fans, everyone uh is looking forward it and you know, and going back to what we just previously said, you know, it's it's just it's generational and uh, you know, I have these guys at all these playoffs, you know, the older players come back throw those first pitches, and it's kind of weird to be standing here, being in that position now and being a part of it that way.
Speaker 11: Well, the good news you're still at your playing weight.
Speaker 17: Uh yeah, I'm still my playing with somewhat uh probably even a little bit downright. I don't have to look weights as much anymore. So I'm actually a few pounds at lighter than I was when I played, and uh, you know that's always a tough thing to do, uh not to get that uh that dad gut like.
Speaker 11: You're smarting there now, Dad boughts in. So I just leaned all the way into it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're leading in hard luck.
Speaker 17: Luckily you're not a camera budge.
Speaker 11: All right, Dre, thanks a lot, and don't bounce the first pitch today.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, appreciate it. You know who knows. Maybe, Hey, that's the chase pitch you need in this moment.
Speaker 11: Thanks a lot. It's great to have you back here.
Speaker 7: Thank you, appreciate it.
Speaker 13: There is Andre Ethier, looking great as ever with a sweater.
Speaker 11: We'll send it back to the studio.
Speaker 3: Thank you, David, Thank you Andre.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's Group Knight at Shaky's dot Com. Lead you up to first pitch Dodgers Yankees from Dodgers Stadium. It's Game two of the World Series. Up Necklas, We'll dive deep to this pitching matchup. I'm some cases Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is MA Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Yankees Game two of the World Series. First pitch coming up at five oh eight.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 2: Matchup presented by your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Turn your trail dominating and off roading dreams into a reality and all new twenty twenty four to comas here Toyota Dealer Today, they make it easy. Carlos Rodan on the Mount, thirty one year old left hander, ten season in the Major Leagues White Sox Giants, now his second season with the Yankees. He made thirty two starts to this season, eight and five with a three forty one eer RAY. He's made three starts in this postseason. He's gone one to one with a four to forty e r RA. He's allowed four runs on seven hits in three and two thirty's. In Game two of the Alds against Kansas City, he took the loss. He claimed the winning Game one of the Alcs over Cleveland, allowing one run on three hits. Nine strikeouts, did not factor in the decision in Game five of the ALCS, where he allowed two runs on five hits over four and two third innings in the game clinching win. He'll face the Dodgers for the sixth time in his career, the first time this season. He's one and two at the four to fifty erra. He last faced the Dodgers July twenty twenty two as a member of the Giants. He allowed five runs on six hits, walk two, struck out seven in a no decision. This is his first time facing the Dodgers ever in the postseason. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound. Twenty six year old right hander eighth eighteen starts during the regular season seven to two of the three er rate. He made three starts in the postseason, one to oh with a five to eleven r right He allowed five runs on five hits, walked two, struck out one in Game one of the divisional game against the Padres. He bounced back to earn the winning Game five though the NLTS, throwing five shutout innings against San Diego Game four the NLCS, he allowed two runs on four hits, struck out eight across four to third indiings against the Mets. Facing the Yankee for the second time this year, he faced them on June seventh to Yankee Stadium, seven scoreless innings, struck out seven in.
Speaker 3: A no decision by the time. By the way, that was the last time he had more than eighty pitches in a game this year.
Speaker 2: Yoshinoba Yama motos Start brought to you by Eto Wins Oi Ocha, Japan's number one green Tea and the Tea that Shoeyotani Loves and drinkslwo local Diso stores, target at eto.
Speaker 3: In dot com. That's it Oe n dot Com.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Yankees were fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game are next.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's Dodgers and Yankees, Game two of the World Series. Yoshinoba Yamamoto, Carlos Rodon the pitching matchup Dodger fans and hansher listening experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by la Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos Lacare dot or. Before first pitch we head back out to the boot Steven Rick. Guys, thanks DC. Back here with Mo and Mos.
Speaker 6: As fun and easy as it is to look back at last night and kind of live in in the wake of that moment that Freddie Freeman gave Dodger fans in really the entire baseball world, we do have to look ahead to game number two, but we also have to look back at Yoshinoba Yamamoto's last start that he made in New York.
Speaker 5: It was his best start of the season by far.
Speaker 6: Of course, it was really the last full start before he went down with the rotator cuff injury, but he definitely has some good memories against the team.
Speaker 5: In the opposite dugouts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, on the seventh of June, the winning pitcher went to seven innings, one run, seven hits, He struck out seven, only walked one in that ballgame, And for Yamamoto, one of the numbers that we're looking at tonight. The Yankees, by the way, have five left handed hitters in the lineup. The reason I mentioned that lefties against Yamamoto in his eighteen starts hit below two hundred. They hit a buck ninety three was all. And speaking of lefties, the Dodgers, who've had a good record during the regular season against left handers, are going to be facing Carlos Rendon, and he's a power guy with a slider and a slider that has some teeth. One hundred and ninety five strikeouts, one hundred and twelve of those have been coming on sliders.
Speaker 6: Rodin, I left you two time All Star, first for the White Sox in twenty twenty one, and then the Dodgers saw him at really another level in twenty twenty two when he was with the San Francisco Giants. Now, I'll pitch a get Pinstripes or Roade Grace tonight at Dodger Stadium. But he's left to you present some challenges. We'll see what if Rodan and Yamamoto can match the pitcher's duel that we saw to start last night between Jack Flaherty and Garrett Cole first pitch in Game two of the World Series.
Speaker 5: In a matter of moments, first.
Speaker 3: Pitch is next enjoyed. Everybody