Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: And on YouTube. Subscribe at mister bo Kelly m R M O K E L L Y. Let's talk both TV and movies with the associate director of Communications for Visio TV, longtime friend of the show from the beginning, I might add Chris Woolsey joins me in studio.
Speaker 3: Chris, how are you, sir? It's been a moment since we've been able to see you. It has been a moment and it is so good to be back.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about this Watch Free Plus app.
Speaker 3: What does it offer? What is available in a general sense?
Speaker 4: Yes, so, Visio on their video TVs has Watch Free Plus, which is a free streaming entertainment service. Or if you don't own a Visio TV, do not despair. All you have to do is go to the Google play Store, the app lap Store, download the free Visio app, create a free account and YouTube can stream hundreds of free entertainment channels. There are thousands of shows and movies, tens of thousands that you can stream for free for free.
Speaker 3: Yes, three ninety nine, the app is free, the content is free. Absolutely never pay a dime. Everything that we're going to talk about today is free. Free. Well, let's get into it. Love that.
Speaker 2: Okay, you have the Spring Showcase coming up. What's on the Spring Showcase?
Speaker 4: So we kind of have a theme for these showcases that we do a few times a year, and this one is your movie match. So Spring is sprung, Love is in the air. You know it's it's exactly, that's what I'm saying, you know it.
Speaker 3: I was hoping you were going to sing.
Speaker 4: I know you were, and and so we thought it would be fun to do sort of a dating app theme for these collections of movies that we have, and it's kind of a rom comm theme going on along with this dating app theme. So we've got a ton of really really great rom comms, stars like Gerard Butler, Reese Witherspoon, Jessica Biel, Joseph Gordon, Levitt, Zoey Deschanel.
Speaker 3: Did you say Jessica Biel? I might have.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm back exactly exactly, but yeah, tons of celebrities, a bunch of really great rom comms.
Speaker 3: It's just it's very fun stuff.
Speaker 2: Let's get into some of the movies specifically which would be available for this Spring Showcase.
Speaker 4: Yes, one of my all time favorite rom coms. And I don't know if you've seen this one, but five Hundred Days of Summer I have not.
Speaker 3: My gosh, you are in for a treated so good.
Speaker 4: So one of my favorite actors, Joseph Gordon Levitt from Brick. He was in you know, the Batman franchise, He's been in. He's a ton of things, a ton of things. I think he's underutilized as a lead man. I think he's just I think he's got a great every man feel to him. I just I like everything he does. And he's in this five Hundred Days of Summer with Zoey Deschanel, who's another fantastic character actress. Oh both of them are kind of quirky. But what I really loved about this movie is it treats romance and relationships with the depth and complexity that I think the subject deserves. A lot of times, you've got these like kind of rom com templates and they kind of just stamp them out and you know what the map is gonna go. This one is not that it's really complicated, but it's funny and beautiful and sweet and does not go where you think it's gonna.
Speaker 3: Go You mentioned Reese Witherspoon, did you not? I did? Okay, what do you got from her? We have? How do you know?
Speaker 4: And this is star studded Reese Witherspoon, Owen Wilson, Paul Rudd, Jack Nicholson, right right. I think if you stick with it, I think they're gonna I think they're gonna do so potential. But this was written by James L. Brooks, who wrote a few movies. You might have heard of Terms of Endearment as good as it gets broadcast news and it's.
Speaker 2: That's my favorite by the ways, so kind of connected to my career here, but go ahead.
Speaker 3: A little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yep, yep, Yeah, it's a phenomenal film.
Speaker 3: But it's just.
Speaker 4: You know, when you know, you and I have been married, not to each other, but we've been married for quite where.
Speaker 3: That you had to make that distinction.
Speaker 4: That could like yeah, people are like, I didn't even know, but you know, we've been we've been married a long time. But you remember when you first were you know, when you were in the dating world, or when you first were dating your wife, and you're like, how do I know? How do I know this person? Is the one that that I'm gonna want to spend the rest of my life with. And that's kind of the question that this movie posits. And so Reese Witherspoon is sort of at a crossroads as to whether she's gonna go with with Owen Will or she's gonna go with Paul Rutt.
Speaker 2: I thought she was gonna say, or Jack Nicholson. Oh gosh, May December romance man. Right, Well, that's as good as it gets a little bit, but that is true, That is true. I know you got one more, give us one more before we go to break.
Speaker 4: Very fun and I just I love the cast in this one. Our family wedding. So I think we all can agree that weddings can be very stressful situations.
Speaker 2: Not if it's not my wedding, I'm good, rightly. I like to watch the carnage happen live. There's nothing better than sitting in a wedding and you're seeing all the ish hit.
Speaker 3: The fan, right that is, and it's like, I don't have to worry about it.
Speaker 4: It's not my wedding, yep, not my monkey's not my service, amen, amen. But so you've got America for Ferrara from Barbie Lance Grows from House of Paine, Carlos Mencia, Forrest Whittaker, Regina King, Angela Johnson.
Speaker 3: I have seen this one. This is very funny. It is very funny.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it's a multi racial wedding, so you take the usual stress of a wedding and you kind of crank it up to eleven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, black and Latino. It's very funny.
Speaker 2: The cultural references are appropriate, they're very familiar, and you can see, you know, fish out of water in both sides, in both instances.
Speaker 3: Absolutely very fun our family wedding. Check it out.
Speaker 2: Chris Wolsey joins us in the studio. He was gone, but now he's back. He's the associate director of communications for Visio TV. We're talking about the Watch Free Plus app and all the free content on it. It's a free app, free content, free movies, and there's so much more.
Speaker 3: We have more with Chris Woolsey in just a moment.
Speaker 2: It's Later with mo Kelly KFI AM six forty Live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six fortyfi mo.
Speaker 2: Kelly, We're live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app and YouTube app. Mister mom' kelly, I'm right in the middle of a conversation with our regular commentator who is back finally we missed him, Chris Wolsey, who's the associate director of Communications for Visio TV. And we're talking about not only the Watch Free Plus app, which is available on Visio TVs or you can download it at the Apple App Store with the Google Play Store, but it has thousands of titles which are free for you to watch and you, Chris Woolsey, have some more offerings, free offerings to tell us about.
Speaker 3: That I do that, I do so.
Speaker 4: We recently obviously lost Val Kilmer, one of the greatest artists of our generation.
Speaker 3: Fair to say, yep, yep.
Speaker 4: I was a ginormous fan and we have some hidden gems on Watch Free Plus that people might have missed. He made a ton of movies, many of them were blockbusters, but there were a lot that were also under the radar. So we've got we pulled out some gems out of the library. One of my favorites. We've talked about this before. I love period pieces, I love biopics, I love political intrigue, and I know you do too. Absolutely, and this one's got got them all plus Val Kilmer, and that is kill the Irishman.
Speaker 3: I have not seen this one. Tell me about this.
Speaker 4: Phenomenal So it is the true story of a Cleveland mob war between the Irish Mob and the Italian Mob, and it is phenomenal. Took place in the late sixties early seventies. Ray Stevenson, I don't know if you yes, yeah, yes, we also lost recently, but he played Volstag in the four franchise Christopher Walkin Vincent Dinofrio.
Speaker 3: That's not a bad cast. I know. It's stacked and it keeps going.
Speaker 4: Val Kilmer, obviously, Vinnie Jones, Paul Sorvino, because you can't technically make a mob movie without Paul Sorvino, right, I mean there's there's laws in place. Yeah, absolutely, and it is. It is so good and Ray Stevenson, his performance as the Irishman is I mean, he should have won awards for it. It is a spectacular. If you love period pieces, if you love biopics, please do yourself a favor and watch Val Kilmer's phenomenal performance in this one.
Speaker 2: About a week and a half ago, we had a movie tribute to Val Kilmer. It was very well received because we love Kilmer and there there's so many parts of his career that you could take from his action or westerns or dramas. And you have some other offerings from Val Kilmer that I had respectfully forgotten about.
Speaker 3: Yep. Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 4: Another biopic, Five Days of War, which is starring Rupert friend, Heather Graham, Andy Garcia, Dean Kine. I mean, this one's got a ton of big names in it too, and it's the true story of a media crew that is recording the Russian invasion of Georgia, the country, not the state, right, Yeah, And they're trying to record all the atrocities in the war that's going on, but also they're trying to stay.
Speaker 3: A lot like you know, every bed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, and yeah, Val Kilmer plays a cameraman in this, and it's just it's about the team coming together trying desperately to not get blown up while everything around them is getting blown up.
Speaker 2: It's crazy you mentioned Val Kilmart. You also have some Bruce Willis classics. He's still with us, but he's not the same Bruce Willis.
Speaker 4: We once remember for sure, for sure he's got you know so many hell struggles going on, and he is definitely in our thoughts and prayers and some of the just my all time. Not only is this this first one we're going to talk about, not only is it one of my favorite Bruce Willis movies, it's one of my favorite sci fi movies of all time, and that is twenty twelve's Looper might as well.
Speaker 3: I love that movie. Does not get the credit that it deserves.
Speaker 4: It really doesn't. And it is phenomenal, also starring Joseph Gordon Effitt again, and I mean it's.
Speaker 3: A smart, smart time thriller.
Speaker 4: Yes, exactly. And and so the conceit is in the future. We've mastered time travel. Of course, the mob takes it uses for the course. Yeah, they send assassins into the past and then send their victims back to get killed in the past, so there's no evidence of their nefarious doings in the present.
Speaker 2: But there's also a I don't want to give it away for those who haven't seen, Sure, there's a science fiction beyond the science fiction yep, beyond the time travel, which is slowly revealed throughout the process.
Speaker 3: Of the movie. It's phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and this is the movie. I actually wanted a sequel to Just We just never got I agree.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and when Bruce Wallace appears in this film, oh my gosh, it's just it's so great. So anyway that that is a phenomenal and you know, you really, I mean, if you think about it, you don't really think of Bruce Willis as a sci fi star. But there was this and then this next one we're going to talk about. But he also did Twelve Monkeys. I mean, yes he did. Yes, he actually did a very hefty amount of science fiction.
Speaker 3: You can throw in their Armageddon if you want.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, But this next one is maybe one of the weirdest sci fi films of all time.
Speaker 3: Multi Pass, that's it Codas.
Speaker 4: And that is nineteen ninety seven's the fifth Element. Yes, such a straight.
Speaker 3: Chris Chris Tucker in a role which is amazing. Yep.
Speaker 4: And apparently he was not supposed to play the role that way, and he just showed up on set and was like, Ruby, ros this is where we're going, so buckle up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's another one of my favorites.
Speaker 3: You have Gary Oldman and that.
Speaker 4: Is yes, playing the ultimate Battie Zorg. He's just he's phenomenal.
Speaker 3: You can't go wrong with this list. You really cannot go wrong with this.
Speaker 2: So if anything, go ahead and get the free Watch Plus app right now, put it on your phone, put it on your smart TV.
Speaker 4: Absolutely so easy. So you just download the Visio app, create a free account. At the bottom of the front page, there's a little button that says watch Free Plus.
Speaker 3: Click on that and you're off to the races.
Speaker 4: Free, free, free app, absolutely free content.
Speaker 3: That's the proper response, Chris.
Speaker 2: I love it that, even though you may be in a different physical location, we get to continue this relationship and talk about all these great movies that you and I both love.
Speaker 3: How often are we going to get to hear from you? Once every two weeks? Every two weeks? Okay, let's say that. How does that sound? I absolutely love it.
Speaker 2: And if people want to reach out to you, how might they be able to do that?
Speaker 4: They can find me on Facebook, on Twitter, I'm idg h y zs one more time, idg h a y zos On Instagram. I think I'm cs Wolsey. I'm I'm not. I'm not on the social medias as much as I should be, but I believe that's I believe.
Speaker 3: That's all right.
Speaker 2: Next time we'll make sure we got all that information so available so we can connect you with not only the listeners but also the viewers.
Speaker 3: Beautiful, I love the viewers. This is what kind of why we're here, right A.
Speaker 4: Little bit, A little bit it is, And since I was gone, you guys have taken this to like a whole other level, hopefully, hopefully, Banana.
Speaker 2: We're still knocking out some of the kinks, but you know, it's it's a it's a fledgling operation, but it's moving in the right direction.
Speaker 3: It's a it's a learning curve that is going in a great place. I appreciate my brother. Hope to see some all right, look forward to it.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty