Speaker 1: My goodness, coming in loud and clear on a Saturday morning on the Saturday Morning edition. It's twelve minutes past the hour on the radio. And Gary Jeff speaking of on the radio. A guy who's enjoyed a lot of time. I guess he's enjoyed sometime with us over the years. We've enjoyed him for certain, is always on the radio or on a radio, or doing something with a radio, something that's radio related. And it's even in his name, old radio. Rick Washburn's standing by or sitting by? Or are you standing or sitting.
Speaker 2: Sitting?
Speaker 3: Are you walking or driving?
Speaker 2: I am radioing. I'm actually I figured you were elbow deep in another radio.
Speaker 3: Elbow deep.
Speaker 1: As long as you're not knee deep, then that could cause problems, all right, So how how are you receiving us and what are you working on this morning, mister Washburn?
Speaker 2: Well, as you already teased, loud and clear, it's five by five And this is only one that is near and dear to the hearts of many. It's a Crosley D twenty five. This one, in particularly is a D twenty five MN, which stands for maroon. They use are big light radios that came in about oh gosh, a dozen different colors. They're gorgeous. Known as the dashboard. These are alarm clock radios with the clock on the left and the radio dial on the right, and it kind of looks like a tachometer and a speedometer.
Speaker 3: And what year is this again?
Speaker 2: Nineteen fifty one, and it's a five tube known as the All American five, which was a standard American design where basically everybody had to pay the same fees for the standard patents. But very very basic radio and yet a very good radio. And Crasley was one of the few, even though in nineteen forty five they'd already sold out to Avco. Avco kept the tradition of high quality radios, and these were not like a lot of nineteen fifty and nineteen fifties radios where they were just cheap as companies were trying to survive. They still has a metal chassis and quality components, and even even the tubes were sourced from some of the leading companies and so forth, so you know, they even under Avco, Crosley still wasn't missing around these great stuff. Even the knobs are like they're large, and they're colored the same as the as the radio cabinet, but with brass trim, just as the clock and the radio atile have brass trim around them.
Speaker 3: And that was beautiful. Can I can I get a Can you send me a screenshot of that?
Speaker 2: I would be glad to do it. They're just gorgeous and loved and not surprisingly highly desired. Luckily they made a lot of them. But on top of all that, this one has been basically unmessed with, other than the horrific amount of adhesive tape used to splice on a new power cord. Kids don't do that. Yeah, Nonetheless otherwise unmolested, so gooy digging into replacing out all the old wax paper pastors in it, and a screw had fallen out of one of the adjusters at one point, and so the thing has not worked for many years as well as it could have because it was missing a screw and a little thin piece of silver mica.
Speaker 3: So there you go, so unmolested in at least until you got your hands on it.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I'm molesting the heck out of it. Wait can you say that on the radio?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I can say it on the radio, but not on the podcast. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Trademark well, just remember, based on the catalog from eighteen fifty one, you're really there with the crosley. Okay, still not one hundred percent sure what that.
Speaker 3: Means, but or or where they're there, where there is.
Speaker 2: The definition of is is yet to back up to that.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you, thank you President Clinton.
Speaker 2: Exactly. Well, just remember shelbador refrigerators, frost masters, kitchen sinks and cabinets, ranges, radios, radio phonographs, FM, television towards shortwaves and home of WLW.
Speaker 3: Excellent.
Speaker 1: He he had quite an empire going at that time. Oh indeed, not to mention the cars, well, listen as always a treat, my friend.
Speaker 3: How are you doing in general? You okay?
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, yeah, yeah, we're hanging in there, re recovering. But the note to self when you go to a funeral, don't drive a windowless white van like I do, because everyone's gonna think you're the floorest.
Speaker 1: To find out more good old radio Rick at gmail dot com.
Speaker 3: Mam, try.
Speaker 4: What is funny?
Speaker 5: Papal you sermish?
Speaker 4: Well, they gone holidays a Sunday.
Speaker 5: I can't wait to look at his face and Harry f well done, my faith of servant, Rah, How that a faithful way. Christ one of his morning got a walk cords child, walk around head, walk around head to walk around head.
Speaker 1: Hart ay, man, Wow, you got that voice going. You got that high notes this week. You're not too froggy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it could have been better waiting on the phone. My mouth got dried right before she brought the phone. I just put the water in my mouth like wine tasted to do it and spit it out to wet my mouth.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I think you're absolutely adorable, and thank you so much for gracing us with your presence and your beautiful voice.
Speaker 3: Mommentry, how's the week been?
Speaker 4: Okay, it's been great. I wish I could be at huddles this week for a certain day. That's my son's birthday too.
Speaker 3: What April fourt me and you together April fourteenth? Yes, oh the captain.
Speaker 4: Forty years ago. I'm old, but I'm thirty seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've never quite understood how you're thirty seven. But you're obviously, I mean, admittedly older than that.
Speaker 4: Well I was when I was nineteen. He was thirty. I said I got to do betterly he got sixty. I said, I'm thirty seven.
Speaker 3: When he was nineteen, you were thirty.
Speaker 4: Oh I was nineteen. Okay, it was thirty. So he started getting older and him when he turned sixty, I said, I got to be thirty seven.
Speaker 3: Again, you're talking about your son.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I said, was sixty four.
Speaker 1: But no, I mean I'm going back. You were nineteen and he was thirty. How does that workmometry? The math isn't driving up there.
Speaker 4: We traveled in different circles. They didn't know you most son. They got it with my brother, so we looked like twins.
Speaker 3: So how old were you when you had your son?
Speaker 4: Eighteen?
Speaker 3: And by the time you were nineteen he was thirty.
Speaker 4: No, the time he was thirty, I was nineteen.
Speaker 3: Do you understand how crazy this sounds, don't you?
Speaker 4: My math is different, darling.
Speaker 3: Apparently all right, I have a fantastic day. Dear, thank you, bye bye. I love her to death.