Speaker 1: Hop to be dug up what news will be next.
Speaker 2: I'm not a prophet. The Glenn Beck Program week days had nine on fifty five krc alrighty, then fifty five krc DE talk station five o five. On this Wednesday morning, the day after, the day after, I send in my tax returns Sean McMahon. I got him in under the wire, so that massive burden has been relieved from my shoulders. I feel like I feel like I'm walking around this morning twenty pounds later, well maybe one hundred pounds lighter at that's a lot to carry around, man. Yeah, the wallet was lightened considerably. But you know, just having that you know when when you when you press that button and you send them off and I did the electronic filing. It's sad to see that, uh, that check. You know, that that amount of money, uh, you know, the drift away and you know it'll it'll never see the light of day again. But it's a it's a it's a relief, and I imagine there's a lot of people listening to this show this morning they are feeling that same sense of relief that that their taxes have been taken care of. You got that behind you, and I'm swearing next year, I'm not gonna wait until the last minute. Yeah, we will see, we will see what happens. But no, I said, I said, there, I do mine on the turbo tax and when you send it in, you get a you get an update when the federal government accepts your tax, RED says, you get a little email, you get a little text message, and it says, good news, Dan, your federal tax return has been accepted. And so the the early evening was waning on last night, and I had not received an update about my state taxes, and I went back and before I could put my head down, I went and made sure that my state taxes were indeed filed, but I had not had an update that my taxes were accepted. Literally two minutes ago, right as we came on the air with the newscast, I got an update that my state return had been accepted. So I'm in good shape. So I don't have that hanging over my head. What am I going to talk about today? It is that the show prep yesterday for this show and the show prep that I did this morning. It was one of those days where I had to tell myself it's time to stop it is. It is time to stop because there are so many things that are going on. To talk about. One of the things that we're going to do. In one hour from now, I'm going to be joined by a guest. First time I've had this guy on. His name is Charlton Allen. Charlton Allen is an attorney, former Chief Executive of Officer and Chief Judicial Officer of the North Carolina Industrial Commission. He is the founder of the Madison Center for Law and Liberty. He is the editor of The American Salient and the host of the Modern Federalist podcast. And Charlton Allen about a week or ten days ago wrote a piece and American Thinker. And American Thinker is a great website. I go there and enjoy some of the commentary, and sometimes I just flat out read him on the air because some of the commentary that you get there is just so outstanding. And I've been looking for I am not an expert when it comes to tariffs, when it comes to the economy, when it comes to international trade, things like that, So I look for the opinions. I look for information of others provided by others to round out my thinking on these ideas, and Charlton Allen wrote a piece entitled we didn't start the trade war, we finally joined it. And he goes on to talk about and make clear how other countries have had a leg up on the United States when it comes to trade policy, when it comes to terrors, when it comes to things like that, and he talks about how far America is behind in certain areas that are going to wind up being extremely important and should have been important for the United States and have been neglected for so for so long. Let's see, he writes this. Trump's teriffic tariffs expose the lie at the heart of the globalist dogma that trade liberalization is a rising tide that lifts all boats. It does not. This is particularly true when so called free trade is in fact one sided. The bitter truth is that our nation, or our national trade structure, has lifted luxury yachts in Shanghai, luxury sedans in Bavaria, while hallowing out steel mills machine shops in Ohio and Missouri factory towns. The larger context is even more damming. The United States no longer makes what it needs. We offshore our factories, outsource our supply chains, surrender our economy's core sectors to competitors and adversaries. China controls eighty percent of rare earth mineral processing, and there's news this morning about that actually broke yesterday about China and rareer So we will talk to him about that. Let me let me get to the let me get to the part where he talks about manufacturing and here in the United States, Where did that go? Where did that go? Let me know if I had it up here just a second. Of course, you know when you're when you're scrolling through and and you think you want to find something, But then in any case, the guy is going to be here. And I'm really looking forward to this conversation because he just has a way of writing about it and uh and laying it out that I think makes a lot of sense to everybody. And you know, I'll ask him to explain his position on some of these issues that he talks about. So I'm looking forward to that. It's unusual that I don't record a lot of interviews ahead of time. Every once in a while i'll record an interview and use it during the case during the course of the show. But this one is going to be live after the news at six, and so I invite you to to stay around. Stick around for that. Yeah, here's what he writes about the other countries. Germany taxes US automobiles at four times the rate we impose on THEIRS. France blocks US agricultural products through protectionist quotas and byzantine regulations. South Korea, despite a free trade degree, it maintains tariff and non tariff barriers on US beef, pork, and automotive parts. These aren't historical artifacts of little significance. They are systemic disadvantages designed to extract concessions from America while giving little or nothing in return. And so this is the sort of trade imbalance that that's the one sort of thing that the Trump looks at that I think drives him, you know, drives him crazy, almost more than anything else that they have all you know, all these other countries. I think China is a separate case, but all these other countries they have all this access to American markets and we do not have the same sort of access to THEIRS. And when you boil it down, I think that's really that's really the nut of the whole thing. Another guest is going to be Daniel Turner. That'll be in the eight o'clock hour. Power of the Future. Just a great commentary, great insight on all things happening, political, economic, and otherwise. And Daniel Turner is just a super smart guy. He's a regular. See he's a regular on Fox News, Fox Business News, and he's been a regular guest of mine on the other shows that I do. And he's going to be here at eight and then Ken Cober, the FOP. I talked a little bit about this when I had James Bogan on yesterday and we were talking about this young man, the twenty five year old father of two killed in Coryville over the weekend, and some information started coming out late what Monday into Tuesday about this fifteen year old who is accused of gunning this guy down and the teenager who was arrested by Cincinnati police. It has now the information has come out. Fox nineteen has had a look at the at the court records of this kid, and it turns out this guy's got a lengthy juvenile history. Several months ago, in November of twenty four, court records show the fifteen year old was accused of firing a gun. Ken kober says, if the teen had not been let out of juvenile attention for the November crime, myrack or Mirick, I'm sorry, it would still be alive. Who didn't see this coming. You look at his criminal record, you see more charges than he has years on this earth. Court documents show this team has sixteen previous charges starting from when he was just thirteen years old. So between the age thirteen and the age when he finally killed someone at fifteen, sixteen previous charges. And what's the use? What's the use if Cincinnati police go out and arrest these people, arrest these juveniles and they simply go through the revolving door in the court system here in Hamilton County and they're back out on the street, hanging out late at night. I don't know how late it was, but hanging out at night in possession of a gun, assaulting people, attacking people, and ultimately killing people. These judges that run the juvenile court over there, I'm tired of hearing about how there's you know, there's nothing they can do. I'm tired of it. You get so you get a kid with thirteen contacts with the juveniles system between the age of thirteen and fifteen. You got to do something. You gotta do something. I'm sure there are some kids out there that deserve a second chance. Some kids out there that I guess, depending on their situation, can put these sorts of things behind them, move on have a decent life. But some kids cannot be helped. I don't know the history of this kid. I don't know what his parental situation is, but at some point, responsible adults have to step in and protect the community. And that certainly appears that that did not happen in this particular case, and now a family is mourning the loss of a twenty five year old father. Five sixteen, We've got to get to a break. Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas. Fifty five krc DE talks the.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krc When You're Sump Pump.
Speaker 2: Fifty time krc DE talks Station Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas. And I didn't mean to go off on a little tangent, and I get stuck on this fifteen year old kid with the long juvenile record. I just wanted to sort of to go through some of the highlights or some of the headlines of stuff that we have to talk about during the course of today. But that's what happened. B Ken Kober will be here about eight thirty and we'll talk to him about that. Absolutely horrible. What are some of the headlines we've got today were rare earth minerals affected by China export ban, used in ebes, green energy, military at tech and apparently the United States has plenty of rare earth minerals, we just don't refine it, and so we need to get up to speed on that. And there's some thinking out there that that can happen rather quickly, and I would like to see that happen. This thing between Trump and Harvard getting very serious. Trump administration is freezing two point three billion in Harvard funding. Why does Harvard need two point three billion in funding from American taxpayers? Anyone got a good explanation for that? I don't see Harvard winning that one. Trump suggests that Harvard lose its tax exempt status because they they're not really going to do they. I guess they want to give some lip service when it comes to anti Semitic activity happening on the campus and Jewish students there in a constant state of danger. They're giving lips first to that. But probably not really looking to do anything serious about it. So the Trump administration is cutting off the money. We'll see how that goes. Let's see. You know, Harvard says that we'll not comply with the Trump administration is demands. So they're digging in and they've got a fifty three billion dollar endowment they don't need. They do not need any money from the federal government. They don't need it. I mean, if the endowment, what do what if if you know, the these schools have these endowments, We've got all this money socked away, what do they use that for? What's it there for? If? Is it a rainy day fund?
Speaker 3: Is?
Speaker 2: And they you know, they've got all this money socked away, and they continue to have this huge stream of money that comes in from the federal government, that comes in from tuition, all this other stuff they've they've got that fifty three billion, you know, dig into that.
Speaker 4: A little bit.
Speaker 2: Knock yourself out, Harvard. There's a guy who threatened to assassinate Tulsea Gabbard. He's been arrested. Trump is going to skip the White House correspondence dinner, which is kind of a shame because Trump can deliver jokes, probably better than the vast majority of people who are going to show up to the White House Correspondence Center, certainly better than the comedians or the entertainers that they typically bring into these events. But he is not going to be part of that, and I don't I really, I gave up watching those things a long time ago. Let's see Kamala Harris still thinking about her political future. Absolute Joe Joe Biden was out making some speeches or made a speech last night, and there was a lot of build up to this. Who in their right mind would go to a Joe Biden speech, But I guess he was in Chicago. I didn't see any video of the size of the crowd, but it sounded just based on the applause that I heard, it sounded sparse. It sounded like there was a lot of a lot of empty space in that room. Hard to tell when you can't you don't have pictures or video of the size of the crowd, But just based on what the applause sounded like, it didn't sound like there were a whole lot of people there. So we've got a couple of cuts of Joe Biden and the speech got off to a pretty rough start, so we'll roll some of that as the as the program rolls on today. But right now we got to get to a little break and we'll check traffic and weather. Well, we had traffic coming up in a little bit, but we'll check the weather at least a little news at the bottom of the hour. Now we don't that's the wrong station. We don't have we had searm Man. We don't have news at the bottom of the hour. Do negative you know I've been here for three days now you think I would I would know that. But a whole lot more to get to and we hope you can stick around for it.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the talk station, fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Do you have a master? Five thirty on this the Wednesday morning? Damn Caeryl from Brian Thomas. We take a look at little local news and it turns out our Congressman Greg Landsman doing very well in the stock market. Congratulations to him. A Channel nine reporting that according to financial disclose or disclosure records, Greg Lansman and his wife recently sold hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of stocks. Amid the ongoing US trade war and volatility in the stock market. Landsman, who represents Cincinnati, and his wife sold hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of stocks in March, though the exact amount is unclear. An analysis by The Journal News found that the sales combined are valued between three hundred and seventy nine thousand dollars and one point four four million dollars. So congratulations to Greg Landsman cashing in on the stock market. It's fantastic. In the fall of twenty four Landsman failed to disclose trading activities on time, it reached illegal requirements under the twenty twelve Stock Act. The law requires members of Congress to and certain family members to file reports within thirty to four five days after receiving notice of a transaction exceeding one thousand dollars. Several members of Congress from Ohio, both passed and president, are Stock Act violators, according to The Journal News, among them A Warren Davidson, Marcy Captor, Steve Shabbitt, and David Joyce of Bainbridge Township. The twenty twelve Stock Act really had one major purpose, which was to prevent members of Congress from insider trading, said David Nivin. You see political science professor insider trading. Hard to imagine that Greg Landsman has anything to do with that, isn't it. Landsman co sponsoring the Trust Act in Congress, which, if an active, would require Congress to an select family members to place investments in a blind trust to avoid potential conflicts of interests. But for now he's Uh, he's moving socks around and benefiting mightily, and good for him. That is a great news. Let's see what else do we have. Wah wah is open, Sean McMahon, you've been to a wah wah yet? No, But I've been to a BUCkies. I've been. He's been to I've been to a BUCkies. I have not been to a wah wah. The doors are open, and let's see, this is a Liberty Township, Ohio.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: The doors to the first wah wah are set to open.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: The popular convenience store chain officially opens. It says Wednesday, So I guess that's today. Some vi P customers got uh pture the store a little taste of wah wah. I wasn't invited to that event, so I guess I'm not a vi I P. The local was packed with enthusiastsic customers counting down to the moment. I would That's another thing I would not do. I would not wait outside. Remember when the Krispy Creams would open around here, there would always be a lining outside, people wanting to be the first one to get in the Krispy Creme that we the other there was some other I think the chick fil As. When the Chick fil As first started coming into the Tri State area, there would always be that line out there. And I guess that if at least with the Chick fil A, I think what you got was a year's worth of Chick fil A. I think you could go in there and get one or two sandwiches a day something like that for a year. So that's not a bad that's not a bad thing to have. I don't know if I would eat a Chick fil A every single day. I like Chick fil A. I don't know that I would eat one every single day, but you know, having that, having that in your back pocket is not a bad thing. But I still would not wait in line. But I guess apparently there are people waiting in line at the wall. If you've been to the wah Wah in Liberty Township. Fill us in, let us know what what you got there. The East Coach Stained unveiled its breakfast sandwiches, Coffee Hogy type sandwiches. So the wah Walls are opening in Greater Cincinnati. That is very cool. I have been to a BUCkies and it took me a while. I remember the first couple of times we saw one and we said, okay, we're going to stop in there, and then the line to get the cars that were waiting to go to the BUCkies that were backed off the ramp and onto the highway, so that if you actually had to come to a stop on the highway to get on the ramp to get off the ramp to go to the BUCkies. I said, no, I'm not doing that. So we waited and several weeks passed, and then we had a chance to go to another BUCkies, and this time we were able to actually pull into the parking lot there, find a place to park, and then walk on him. But I am not waiting. I am not waiting, especially I'm not parking on the on the highway waiting to get off the ramp to go to a BUCkies or any establishment for that matter. Five point thirty five Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: The talk station fifty five KRC in this edition.
Speaker 2: On this Wednesday morning, the day after Tax Day, Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas saw this as I was getting ready for the show today, that Vaughn P. Drake has passed away, a Central Kentucky native, the oldest known survivor of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor December seventh, nineteen forty one, Von P. Drake. According to Pacific Historic Parks, Drake, who was twenty three at the time, was serving in the US Army and he helped to build the barracks at the Kenoe Naval Air Station on the east side of O Wahoo. His job was to run a temporary power plant so the carpenters and had electricity for their equipment. We were getting ready to go to breakfast and we heard all these planes flying over, making a lot of noise, Drake said during an interview with the Lexington Herald Leader in twenty sixteen. At first they thought it was the Army Air Corps doing maneuvers. They didn't pay much attention except to comment that they were putting on a good show. Then an officer told them that the island was under attack and they saw a bomb hit one of their buildings. He says, we knew by then that we had a real attack, Drake said. During the war he continued to serve with the Army Corps of Engineers in the Pacific, including Saipan and the Marines of the Marianeras Campaign or the Marianas Campaign, I should say. When the war ended, Drake, who was from Winchester, returned to Kentucky, had a family, worked with General Telephone of Kentucky, was an engineer until retirement. His wife of sixty five Yearslina Wilson Drake, passed away in December of twenty eleven, survived by his son Sam, two grandsons, three great grandchildren. Drake was a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers National Society of Professional Engineers, charter member and past president of the Bluegrass Chapter of the Kentucky Society of Professional Engineers. He was a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars, former member of the Society of American Military Engineers, a member of the Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels. He was a lifetime member of the University of Kentucky Alumni Association and a life member of the Pearl Harbor's Survivor Association. So Vaughn P. Drake and to his family, we thank that good man for his service. Passed away at the age of one hundred and six, one hundred and six years old, oldest known survivor of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. And that closes a chapter in this country that will that will likely never never be seen again. So we thank him for his service and wish him godspeed on his journey one hundred and six years on this earth. And God bless that good man. What else do we have going on? What else do we have going on? Let me see new documents. All new documents proved that Rushiagate was a hoax all along. But Letitia James is facing some difficulties now. This story broke last night. The Attorney General of New York, Latitia James, who managed to secure the guilty verdict against Donald Trump in February of twenty four for allegedly inflating the value of the Trump organization. Everyone remembers that, right we had this judge say that mar Lago was worth only eighteen million dollars when it's in fact worth closer to two hundred and fifty million dollars. Wow, you know, Letitia James out there looking out for the small people, because according to her, that you know when you know, when a big bad organization like the Trump organization falsely puts out the value of their property that they're using to secure a loan, well, that means there's less for everybody else. Never Mind that the bank did its own due diligence, never mind that there was no victim in this, never mind that anyone lost a dime in this whole procedure, But no, she pursued those criminal charges. Anyway, when the powerful break the law and take more than their fair share, there are fewer resources available for working people, small businesses, families. Everyday, Americans cannot lie to a bank about how much money they have in order to get a mortgage to buy a home, and if they did, the government should throw the book at them. That's what Latitia James said. Will Now, there's a little trouble for Latitia James because she has been referred for prosecution over the exact same type of crimes that accused Trump. Of the exact same type of crimes. Let's see where do we? Uh, I got to get to a break here, We'll do that. We'll get to a break, and then I'll lay out what the what the crimes that miss James is facing or will or has been referred to to the Justice Department. Absolutely amazing. How many times have we said it? When you have liberals or Democrats accusing people of doing things, it usually turns out they are doing the exact same things themselves. And we'll get into some of these details. And right after this on fifty five k r C the talk station, fifty five k the talk station when You're some pump fifty five krc DE Talk station. Well left off talking about the Tisha James, the New York Attorney General who brought the flimsy at the Flimsy cases against Donald Trump. And now it appears that she's had been referred to for prosecution on some of the exact same charges that she went after Trump for. If the allegations are accurate, and this is according to the Western Journal, the woman who went after Trump engaged in some very real property fraud of her own. According to a report that came out Wednesday night, the US Federal Housing Finance Agency Director William Poulte referred James to Attorney General Pam Bondi for irregularities in a series of loans that James obtained on two properties in the course of exercising US Federal Housing authority under the Federal Housing Enterprise, Financial Safety and Soundness Act. The US Federal Housing has identified matters that are appropriate for referral to the Department of Justice. Poulti wrote his letter to Bondi based on reports Leticia James has in multiple instances falsified bank documents and property records to acquire government back backed assistance and loans for more favorable terms. This has potentially included one falsifying residence status for a Norfolk, Virginia based home in order to secure a lower mortgage rate, and two misrepresenting property descriptions to meet stringent requirements for government backed loans and government assistants. In the case of the Virginia home. The more clear cut of the allegations, which is likely to represent a serious impediment to james continued rise through the Democrat ranks. The New York Attorney General reportedly listed it as her primary residence to banks and twenty twenty three documents in order to get a better deal on loans. Where have we heard that before? Despite being a statewide public officeholder in the state of New York at the same time and primarily residing in the state of New York. So she lives, works, and resides in the state of New York, but says that this home in Virginia is her primary residence. Primary residence mortgages receive more favorable loan terms, including lower interest rates, than secondary residence mortgages. Lenders view secondary residence mortgages as significantly riskier, as a borrower is more likely to continue paying off a primary residence during any financial hardship. Interest rates on secondary residence mortgages are typically between zero point two five and point five zero percent higher than their primary residence counterparts. So here's Letitia James telling the bank, Hey, look this home in Virginia. That's my primary home. Also, she could save a quarter to half a point on an interest loan. At the time of the twenty twenty three Norfolk, Virginia Property Purchase and mortgage, Miss James was the sitting Attorney General of New York and required by law to have her primary residence in the state of New York. Even though her mortgage applications list her intent to have the Norfolk, Virginia property as her primary home. It appears Miss James property and mortgage mortgage related misrepresentations may have continued to her recent twenty twenty three Norfolk, Virginia property purchase in order to secure a lower interest rate and more favorable loan terms. How about that? So it looks like there's a lot of evidence out there referred to prosecution. Sorry, Letitia James sucks to be you, as Brian Thomas might say, But you know she she talked about white collar crime, white collar financial crime, not victimless. When the powerful break the law and take more than their fair share, there are fewer resources available for working people. That applied to Donald Trump. Now it's time to see if the same applies to the Attorney General of New York. Letitia James five fifty five on fifty five KRC, The Talk Station fifty five KRC, the Talk Station six oh five On this Wednesday morning, I'm Dan Carroll. Brian Thomas taking the week off, so it's my pleasure to be here for him. I get to do it one more day tomorrow, So I'm looking forward to that and also looking forward to speaking with our next guest, and our first guest in the morning is Charlton Allen. Charlton Allen is an attorney. He is the former chief executive officer of the North Carolina Industrial Commission, the founder of the Madison Center for Law and Liberty, and the host of the Modern Federalist podcast. And he also is a regular contributor to American Thinker, which is a great website where that I look at just about every single day. And it is because of a piece that he wrote there that I reached out to him and asked him to be on the show this morning. And here he is, and Charlton Allen, thank you so much for being here, and good morning. It's great to have you on fifty five KRC. How are you today.
Speaker 5: I'm doing well, Dan, thanks for having.
Speaker 2: Me well, Thank you for being here. This piece that you wrote that really got my attention a few days ago. The headline is we didn't start the trade war, We've just finally joined it. And you make the case. First of all, the first thing you talk about is how the media really fails to deliver any context as it relates to tariffs. Do you believe that this is because they're pursuing an agenda that they don't want to provide real context. I think they have the ability to provide context, but they simply choose not to provide context and really wind up just parroting the talking points that come from the DNC and other organizations who are opposed to this administration. I think this is a heavy.
Speaker 5: Part of it, but I don't necessarily believe that's all of it.
Speaker 2: Let me explain this, okay.
Speaker 5: I think we have reached a point in our nation, and particularly in terms of the legacy media. They are very much coastal on plays and they have for generations ignored the plight of states like your state, Ohio, my state, North Carolina, and all the states in between the two coasts. And as a consequence, yeah, I have come to conclude unfortunately, a lot of the legacy media sees there themselves as having more in common with Europe, for example, than the rest of America. And I think there is a deep philosophical and cultural divide that you know, is a schism between those media elites and the rest of us in this country. And I think as a major factor as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think most Americans have have an idea that that we have a very large trade and balance when it comes to dealing with China. I think a lot of Americans might have been surprised though, to recognize the amount of tariffs that and then really how unli level the playing field is when it when you talk about the rest of the world, when you when you look at all the other tariffs that all these countries impose on the United States, and the United States for so long essentially had had little or no tariffs on many of these other countries. And I think when you when you look at a guy like Trump, it is that sort of imbalance that that really bothers him more than anything else. That you know, we have all this access for all these other countries into our markets, but yet we don't have the same access to theirs.
Speaker 5: That's exactly the point. And you know, in terms of approaching it, I think you have to one hand take China, and China is a unique and over arching problem that's separate and apart from the rest of the world. And the reason why I say that is because China is, you know, by and large one of our largest trading partners, and they manipulate the markets, They manipulate trade. They have barriers upon barriers to trade. In China, they have things such as Golden chairs, which give the Chinese Communist Party control over entities in China into corporations that you know, frankly did the fact that that is the case and those companies are dealing in securities in the United States is long overdue for the SEC to be involved.
Speaker 4: But China is.
Speaker 5: A problem in and of itself. Europe is another problem, and you know, I would take it a step further, not just Europe, but also Canada. We have significant trade imbalances. Europe in particular, and Canada as well rely on the United States for national security. There is no way in the world that the Canadian armed forces can protect the one hundred and fifty one thousand miles of coastline in Canada or the four million square miles of aerospace in Canada. There's no way they rely on us to provide security. Same with Europe, and yet there are barriers to our penetration of both of those markets, in particular Europe, where if the United States company wants to sell a car they're slacked with a ten percent tariffone on our cars, and then europe christ foul when we demand reciprocity. For decades since World War Two, we have subsidized European comfort with American sacrifice. And that era is over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you wrote a piece that appeared in an American Thinker yesterday talking about Canada's free ride is finally over. I want to ask you a couple more questions about that. But just getting back to China for a moment, I guess the latest move was by China talking about how they're going to put a pause or a hold on China shipping out these rare earth minerals. And I was I was reading about this that the United States actually is a major producer of rare earth minerals. It's just that the refining process is shipped overseas, shipped over to China where those minerals are refined, and then they are sent back to the United States and to other parts of the world as well. And I think I think Trump has a pretty good handle on this. And so when you look at or at least when I look at what I perceive to be the bargaining position that Trump wants to put this country into when it comes to tariffs. It's not only to level the playing field, but to reinvigorate these manufacturing processes, and so we are able to self sustain ourselves here in the United States and no longer be reliant on places like China for pharmaceuticals, for rare earth, for things like this that American consumers need on a daily basis.
Speaker 5: Exactly, the twentieth century was one by tanks and oil. The twenty first century will be one by chips energy and who controls the tech stack. China knows this, and they have tried to corner the market not just on rare earth production, but rare earth refinery refineries such as what you discussed. And we need to cut through the barriers here in our own country so that we cannot only mine rare earth minerals that we need in just about every facet and modern electric and electronic computing and AI. We need to cut those barriers down so that we are not only competitive, but that we are surpassing China in those key factors. Because if we do not have control of pharmaceuticals, we do not control our own energy future. We do not control our access to rare earth minerals. We will not be an independent nation much longer. You know, China is You know, this is something epic. Is one of the greatest failures of American policy makers over the past fifty years. Despite its deep market penetration in the United States, China has remained a one party state, and that party is the Chinese Communist Party. And one of those great failures about our policy makers and politicians was they misread China's economic opening in the nineteen seventies as a repudiation or rejection of Marxism.
Speaker 4: It wasn't.
Speaker 5: It was a rebranding. At its core, Marxism is about wealth redistribution from the economically successful to the unsuccessful, from the havels to the have not, and for the last several generations, accelerating dramatically after china submission to the wt O in the granting of Most Favored Nation status, we've watched that redistribution play out in a global scale. What China has executed is a wholesale transfer of wealth from the United States to the People's Republic. It's been wrapped into seductive packaging of cheap consumer goods, but the core transaction is unmistakable. We sit them our industries or supply chains and our leverage, and in return we've got plastic trinkets and mounting death.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And and I think if China, if China sees that the United States is serious about about taking up this manufacturing process that we have that we have ceded to them, then I think I think that'll be even more leverage that'll get that will get the Chinese to the bargaining table and uh and be something that will work in the favor of the United States. Charleston Allen, we get we have to get to a quick break, so let me ask you to hold on right there. We'll do a quick little traffic in weather and then we'll continue on with Charlton Allen from the great state of North Carolina. So we appreciate him being here on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station or your money Skills.
Speaker 6: Total Trap.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC the Talk station six nineteen on this Wednesday morning. Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas, continuing our conversation with Attorney Charlton Allen, and mister Allen, let me ask you this when it comes to when it comes to the criticism that has been brought against President Trump and the way he's going about I don't think that. I don't think that this whole, this whole trade war, if you want to call it that, or the tariffs that Trump has been using for leverage, is as haphazard as the media would have you believe. But I think there's I think there's some legitimate criticism and especially when people look at their savings, when they look at their four oh one k's, when they look at their retirement accounts, their stock market investment portfolios, things like that, that that there has been a lot of volatility there. There's been you know, so at least some some temporary damage done to these to these things, and I think people have genuine concerns about that. When when you get asked or people want to talk about that, what is your response to them about the game, the pain that is associated with the with the policies, and and what what Trump is trying to accomplish here.
Speaker 5: I appreciate from several angles. First of all, we cannot be dissuaded from what I believe is the right course of action based upon short term results and pain. Uh, there was always going to be no matter how the President tried to implement UH tariffs, whether he did it in the manner he has done, or if he took a more longer term approach and phased it in more gradually, there was going to be uncertainty. And the market reacts to uncertainty, and the market's job is to react. The President's job is to act. And I think President Trump's doctrine may rattle some of the hedge funge managers, but it reassures the factory floors, and that's where the real strength of this country's always been. And you know, I will also say that a lot of the companies that are traded on the public exchanges, the equities, they are very much leveraged into trade with China. And I will also point I've discussed this in an article last week. Uh, you know, or Treasury Secretary has made a very strong point of this, just how much of a schism there is within the United States the people who actually.
Speaker 2: Participate in Wall Street.
Speaker 5: I believe it is something along the lines that twelve percent of Americans own eighty percent of stock. That is, you know, that gives you an idea of just how much you know there is a diconomy between those who are participating in the market and those are not. The long term play I think is going to be following the approach the approach to president is going to follow. China is going to require some significant sacrifice to decouple from the Chinese Communist Party because it is more than just a trade issue. They have infiltrated our economy in a very parasitic manner. One of the largest employers in North Carolina is smith phil Foods, which is owned by China. They have purchased a lot of agribusiness. They are heavily leveraged in the pharmaceutical industry, which is another big employer in the state of North Carolina. So decoupling from China is going to be a very long term process, but it is going to be necessary for our sovereignty because if China controls through Rare Earth and Other Technology or National Security Center, if they control our pharmaceutical sector, if they control consumer and business electronics, and then they're making a strong play in AI. Where is our future, not just in terms of our economy, but our national security. It's very much in doubt when you have a geopolitical adversary rolling all the key sectors of the economy and they want to subdue the United States.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then and then getting back to Canada here as we as we wrap this up, you talked, you talk about Canada and the United States and Canada are are the our big trading partners, but China is is intertwined quite deeply into Canada as well. Is that is that a hindrance moving forward with Canada? Does Does Canada have to be concerned about, you know, any repercussions from China as it seeks to uh, you know men fences with the United States, Yes, they do.
Speaker 5: They have to be very significant serns concerns of my view, not just with China but also with Russia and incursions within Canada's shipping lanes and access to the Arctic Ocean and the Northern Pacific and the Northern Atlantic oceans. Uh, They're going to have very significant concerns in Canada really needs to step up to the plate and you know, get involved in the end of Pacific in a way that they have not been, get invested in their national security, which they have not been. They are won the worst performing nations in NATO and have been for generations, and they have not taken their obligations under NATO seriously. They are stuck at about one point three percent of their GDP contributing to their own national security when NATO has set a goal, and it's not an unreasonable goal two percent. But it's not just Canada that we have to watch. In terms of China, Mexico is a very big deal as well. Mexico has been used as a basically a trojan horse for China to get their goods assembled in Mexico and then enter the United States tara free, and that has calls a spike in the Mexican trade surplus with the United States. Last year between twenty four it sored to nearly one hundred and seventy two billion dollars. A big reason for that was Chinese goods assembled to Mexico and then shipped to the United States.
Speaker 2: Well, Charleston Allen, I'll tell you what. You make some great points in the commentaries that I find on American Thinker. And you know, when I look at this, I look at a situation that you know, so many of these situations have gone unaddressed for so long in any sort of meaningful way that when it does come time to deal with it, which I think we're just you know, dipping our toe into the water here on this, that there's going to be some you know, ripping that band aid office doesn't come without any consequences. So I think it's something that needs to be done, and you know, long term, I think it's going to be wind up being a good thing for the United States. But Charleston Allen, we have to run. I want to thank you for the time today and the Madison Center for Law and Liberty and the Modern Federalist podcast. Where can people find that podcast, The Modern Federalist?
Speaker 5: You could find it on all the major podcast providers, Apple Podcasts for example, your Podbeans, Spotify.
Speaker 4: So forth.
Speaker 7: So on.
Speaker 5: We're out there and season two's about the launch.
Speaker 2: All right, well, Charlton Allen, great having you on the show today. I look forward to future conversations and with your permission, we'll be calling on you again before too long. That'd be great.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, there you go, Charlton Allen and look up his writings on American Thinker. You will be glad that you did. It is six twenty eight, little late for a break on fifty five KRC V talk station.
Speaker 8: Fifty five KRC dot com the night first morning weather forecastchily this morning, temperatures in the thirties of frost on the windshield as he get ready to head out.
Speaker 2: Mostly sunny this afternoon, a high of fifty eight. Season clouds roll in tonight. More frost possible overnight tonight, the overnight low thirty eight and mostly cloudy tomorrow with some isolated showers. Tomorrow's high sixty five. It is thirty seven at fifty five KRC, the talk station from the UCLP Traffic Center.
Speaker 9: The UC Cancer Center operas the latest research base and holistic approaches to head the neck cancer called five E five UCCC Highways not fad this morning.
Speaker 2: No accidents to deal with right now.
Speaker 9: I'm seeing no major time delay, just beginning to see some break lights. South found two seventy five Bublova, Lawrence Berg ramping onto the bridge. Schuck Ingram on fifty five kr C, the talk station.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC the talk station six thirty two. We roll on till nine this morning. I want to thank Charlton for being here. First time I've had a chance to talk to him and enjoyed that conversation. So yeah, it's it's going to be tough. There's a lot going on as it relates to tariffs, but it's something that needs to be done and I think a long term this country is going to benefit mightily from what happens. And look, I don't know how all this is going to play out, but I think we've got the upper hand in a lot of these situations. And so are we doing You got to go on a little bit of faith here, I think so. So if you want to talk about that, five PET three seven, four, nine fifty five hundred the number to call if you want to get on board. DOGE has been busy. Haven't seen really seen a lot from DOGE in the last couple of days, but they they put some stuff out and they talk about virtually every member, every staff member of the Pentagon's Defense Digital Service is resigning as Doge cleans stage, is replacing the team far left Silicon Valley tech ees dubbed the SWAT Team of Nerds and heading their duties over to the Chief Digital and Artificial Intelligence Office under pressure from Elon Musk. The Elon Musk led Department of Government Efficiency nearly all staff at the Defense Digital Service, the Pentagon's fast tracked tech development arm, are resigning in the coming month. According to the director of three current members of the office granted anonymity to discuss their job status. The resignations will effectively shut down the decade old program at the end of April. The Defense Digital Service was created in twenty fifteen to help the Pentagon adopt fast tech fixes during national security crises and push Silicon Valley style innovations inside the Pentagon. It built rapid response tools for the military during the Afghanistan withdrawal? How well did that work out? Databases to transfer Ukrainian military and humanitarian aid drone detection technologies are more Without the program, some key efforts to streamline the DODS tech talent pipeline and counter adversarial drones will be sunseted. One soon to be former employee said, or once dubbed the Pentagon Swat Team of nerds. D DS was one of the department's earliest efforts to inject Silicon Valley ethos into its massive bureaucracy. And I don't know if Silicon Valley ethos is the thing that we really want winding its way through the Department of Defense. Speaking of the Department of Defense, an advisor for Secretary Pete Hegseth has been put on lead if Dan Caldwell escorted from the Pentagon for an unauthorized disclosure. According to Ruters, details of the unauthorized disclosure are unclear. According to Ruters, this comes after our March twenty first memo ordering a Pentagon investigation into leaks, ordered by Pete Hegsath, chief of Staff. So this guy was a senior advisor to the Defense Secretary and it turned out that you know, there some some of the leaking may involve have involved him. So they kicked him out. Didn't wait around, found out this guy was maybe not to be trusted. Who knows. Dan Caldwell was included in the Mike Wallas Hoody chat and will be interesting to see how this removal is tied to that campaign. So get him out of there, and don't wait around. You find out someone's not following the rules. Pete he Seth says, kick him out, and I don't have any problem with that at all. Six thirty seven fifty five KRC The Talk Station fifty five KRC the Talk Station get Ready for Spring and have your roof gutters segment sixty one on this Wednesday morning, fifty five KRC and talking about Doge and what they've been up to. Got a bunch of far left Silicon Valley techies out of the Pentagon. I love this. The State Department has acted over two hundred million and foreign grants funded by taxpayer dollars. The Secretary of State Marco Rubio slashed about two hundred and fourteen million from one hundred and thirty nine grants, which focused on foreign assistant programs, including a media sustainability program for Moldova. A media sustainability program for Moldova. It costs fourteen and a half million dollars fourteen point six million, media sustainability for Moldova. What is that? Why is the United States concerned about media sustainability in Moldova? Is that just someone there collecting money, fourteen million and a half dollars worth of American money, doing god knows what with it. That's what it sounds like to me. Let's see, we've got a five point two million dollar Diversity in Media grant for the United Kingdom. The State Department was apparently concerned about media issues, but yeah, they had to have. I guess the UK was suffering from a lack of diversity in media, and so the State Department saw fit to spend five point two million dollars on it. But Marco Rubio says, no, I don't think so. No more. Let's see five hundred thousand dollars to Armenia for environmental resilience, just one of one grant among many others. According to the Washington Free Beacon, can anyone can anyone tell me what environmental resilience mean? The cuts were made with the aid of the Department of Government Efficiency, so thank god to that. American taxpayers should not be funding misguided programs like building migrant domestic worker led movement in Lebanon or get the trolls out in the United Kingdom. Marco Rubio said, we are cleaning up the mess of the previous administration and rebuilding an agency that is focused on putting America first. Shouldn't that what the State the State Department, Shouldn't that be what their major concern is, America first. You know, they're there to implement the foreign policy of the President of the United States, and Donald Trump wants to put America first. So that's what the State Department should be about, not sending money to Moldova for god knows what reason, or five hundred thousand dollars to Armenia for environmental resilience Elsewhere in the DOGE world. They've are continuing with their program to audit and get rid of unused and unneeded credit cards in the federal government. They thirty different agencies. After seven weeks, about four hundred seventy thousand cards have been deactivated, four hundred seventy thousand credit cards. Sean McMahon, does that sound like a lot, four hundred and seventy thousand credit cards deactivated? Well, four hundred seventy thousand cards is really just a drop in the bucket those rights. As a reminder, at the start of the audit there were four point six million active cards, credit cards and accounts, so they say there is still more work to do. Yes, four hundred seventy thousand credit cards sounds like a lot. You've got thirty agencies there. I don't know you, but you divide thirty into four hundred and seventy what do you get? But it turns out there's more than four and a half million. When they started this active credit cards and they are shutting them down. The story a few weeks ago when they were talking about cutting some of these credit cards and a federal judge said you can't do that. So they came back and they changed the amount on the credit card that they were only good for a dollar. So that was a clever way to get around that judges ruling. And we've got more from Doache, so we'll talk about that on the other side of this fifty five krs.
Speaker 1: He talks station fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Listen Sex fifty on this Wednesday morning, fifty five krs. Continuing with a little bit of the Doge news that has been coming out over the last day or so. The Treasury Secretary of Scott has sent. I think this guy's just terrific. Yeah, the interviews he's been doing as approach to fiscal policy, as approached to the markets and everything else, I think has really been very sensible, especially when you compare what he talks about the Janet yelling and Scott Pissent writes this, the IRS has removed non technical people from technical leadership roles in engineering and replaced them with experienced engineers. Going forward, skilled engineers will drive technical decisions. The IRS has its fair share of software talent. These men and women will have long served the IRS. They need to be empowered to make decisions. Then he talks about the IRS has successfully saved two billion dollars without any operational disruptions by eliminating wasteful contracts such as auto renewed licenses unused for years. So all these spending cuts far from the doom and gloom that those on the other side, not Republicans but Democrats. What have you believed? And really the wasteful spending is really just complete junk, just junk, get.
Speaker 4: Rid of it.
Speaker 2: It's it's in the millions and in some cases the billions of dollars. And they want to act like these agencies are being cut to the bone. I mean it is really just barely scratching the surface on a lot of these different agencies and issues. William, William, what's what's going on this morning? How you doing all right?
Speaker 10: My question is this, yes, sir, is about the cuts. How did they get these fundings? How did they get started?
Speaker 5: Who started it?
Speaker 10: Who is responsible for putting this program together?
Speaker 2: Well, I think what we've seen is that there are all these are you familiar with the term NNGO non governmental organizations. You get that, yeah, you get you get all these lawmakers that that have their friends or their family members or you know, former staffers. They go out and they form these different NGOs and they say, well, you know, we we're really concerned about the environment. And then they come up with a program. And in a lot of cases, these programs are in foreign countries, and you know, they talk about, well, you know, there's really inequity when it comes to women working in Malaysia or Indonesia or some foreign country like this. So they go there, they set up essentially a post office box, and then they've got a friend in Congress who's able to you know, carve out a ten million dollar grant, a twenty million dollar grant, or in the case of Stacy Abrams, two billion dollars so she can put you know, you know, new appliances in in in homes across the country using two billion federal taxpayer dollars. So it's it's it's just one huge grift and it has spread so far and wide, and it went on unchecked for so many years, and that's why, you know, it's it's so much low hanging fruit that they found. You know, when it comes to the overall size of the budget, it's you know, I think less than one percent or about one percent. But when it comes to putting money in an individual's pocket, you know, five hundred grand or one point two million doesn't make a lot of difference to the federal budget. But William, if someone put that kind of money in your pocket, would that make a difference to you?
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 11: That's what That's what's bothering me is we're really it's been a problem that it just goes back and shows us how these people are getting elected, they get richer, and you know, you're making state safety Abrams. From what I've heard, that money is actually circled back to her.
Speaker 2: Well, it circles back to her. And do you think Stacy Abram Abrams has a lot of ends in Congress?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And do you think some of that winds up circling back to them as well? Yeah.
Speaker 10: Now the question now becomes, how do we fix it other than looking at every one we vote for objectively and say what did you approve? And I think we would wind up with a whole new Congress, whole new Senate, every.
Speaker 2: Space Well, the first part of fixing it is exposing it, and then you have to cut it off. And then eventually there needs to be prosecutions if these people wound up broken the law, and that's the name of that too. And as far as I'm concerned, it's time to start seeing some people getting purple walked. Six fifty five at fifty five KRC the talk station. Promise is made, the promises kept.
Speaker 4: Politicians won't do. Join us in the chat post out a politician and I love it.
Speaker 2: Fifty five krs the talk station, fifty five KRC the talk station seven oh five Dan Carolyn for Brian Thomas, Good morning, glad you are here. Always my pleasure to be here with the great Brian Thomas, the loyal Conservative audience of fifty five KRC. I absolutely love it and no place I'd rather be in the morning. Five three hundred the number to call, just to wrap up. While I was talking about with the Department of Government Efficiency and the Secretary of Rubio posted this some of the wasteful grants that they got rid of one point four million for the preventing Internet fragmentation in Brazil. Preventing Internet fragmentation in Brazil one point four million dollars to that. And like I was talking to the to the caller I had right before the break, you know, there's probably some NNGO, some nonprofit organization that you know, has looked at the Internet in Brazil and said, wow, for you know, for just a little bit of money, we can really help out these people get on the Internet in Brazil. Really is the Internet the answer to anyone's problem? Obviously it has its useful purposes. But if people in Brazil want the Internet, shouldn't that be on them? Why should it be up to the United States to spend one point four million dollars to prevent Internet fragmation fragmentation? I don't even know what that means. Sean McMahon. You're you're younger guy than me. You you're up on all the Internet stuff. What does internet fragmentation mean? I could not tell you. He doesn't know. And it's saying nobody knows, nobody knows what any of this stuffy I mean, if you're really being honest about it, nobody knows what most of this stuff even means. But we but we spend money on it anyway, And again it is absolute chump change. When you look at the size of the federal budget, but when that money lands in the pocket of an individual who's on the grift, it's life changing, absolutely life changing. And we're bringing all this stuff is well, I would I'm probably premature to say that we're going to bring it all to a stop, but at least some of it. We're bringing it to a stop because I have no doubt there's a lot more out there that we haven't even come close to finding yet. A million dollars for building trust and keeping hope alive in Sri Lanka? What the heck does that mean? Building trust and keeping hope alive in Sri Lanka? Keeping hope alive? Is that an Obama thing? Obviously there's some friend of Obama that's in Sri Lanka. I know they've had their issues there with civil war and the like. But building trust and keeping hope alive in Sri Lanka? Really a million dollars for that? The State Department, they said, no, how about two million dollars for advancing democratic culture in America or I I'm sorry, not America but Armenia. If our media wants a democratic culture, then that's up to them to advance and promote that not the United States. And then a five point two million to Media Diversity for programs like get the Trolls Out, an anti disinformation program in the United Kingdom. It may serve you a useful purpose. I don't know, but you know, five million from the federal government that needs to come to an end. Let's go to Tim and Batesville and Tim seven hundred, not seven hundred, but fifty five KRC. How are you.
Speaker 7: I'm doing good, Dan, Thanks for taking my call. Yes, air, Hey, I wanted to talk about the credit cards that the government uses. It's been twenty years since I was in the Navy and I had my credit cards I had won. It was an American Express card that we used for travel. And you know, if somebody was going to travel, you've got a credit card and you had that card until you got rid of it. Now, you couldn't use it for like regular purchases, you know, but in travel, you know, buying your plane ticket, you're you know, authorized travel could use it. And if you did, if you did use the credit card for your own personal uses, it was upon you to pay it off. If you didn't sure, you know, then the command got involved. The other credit card I had was also in the the process of my job. It was for purchasing, and you know, at a command they cut out a lot of the contracting for things so that the commands themselves could purchase items, you know, to complete the command's mission. You know, you had various resources to go to to purchase items, and you know, you could go on the open market if it was cheaper. And a case in point, to buy a ceiling fan from the Navy stock system it was about two and twenty five dollars just regular ceiling fans. To go to dan Fan City, it was twenty five dollars to buy it. So which way do you think that I would have went to purchase the ceiling fan. I would have went thee Dan Fan City and I could use that credit card to purchase it once I was authorized to use it. Well, you know why there's a lot of credit cards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when when I went when I was in the military, there was I was in the Air Force. It probably before you were in the Navy, but I remember at that time there was a lot of discussion about that about simply uh, you know, working outside the military procurement system, even for the most simplest of things. I think for for a long time, there was a there was some sort of ingrained ideology that if if you were going to make a purchase or a military unit was going to make a purchase for I mean, you know, just about anything under the sun, that it had to go through a very strict and regimented process. And so at that time, I know they were trying to break out of that. But when you look at the overall size of the and I think that you know, there are there are probably some perfectly acceptable times and and and perfectly good reasons for individuals within the federal government to have access to credit cards. But when I look at the DOGE talking about four and a half million active credit card accounts within the federal government, that uh and and who knows what kind of abuses because look, you know, Tim that if people have access to these credit cards, and we and if we went and looked, we could find story after story after story of someone who's using a government credit card to make it rain at the strip club. You know, who's buying a sports car. You know, they're paying for their daughter's prom, paying for a wedding, stuff like that. You know, that kind of stuff has happened. And so when you've got four and a half million credit cards out there, that to me sounds like a really big number and that needs to uh at least at the very least be checked and reined in at some point.
Speaker 7: Right, I get that. And you know, we did have that. We had a group of people that outfitted a bar that they were running with the uh the simple SIED purchase card and they got caught, you know. But uh, you know, and then if like I said, with the travel card, that was it was we've gotten through the government, but you were responsible, you know, as an individual to pay for your card so you could use it. It's just uh uh it didn't go towards your credit or anything like that. It was just kind of like, uh, you know, government backed, but the government didn't pay for it. You paid for it. And if you didn't pay it, then you paid it anyway because they would take the money from you. Well, uh, that's that's how travel card works.
Speaker 2: Well, Tim, I appreciate the insight on that, and I thank you for your service in the Navy, sir, thank you for your hows how's everything in Batesville. I used to I used to live in Batesville.
Speaker 7: I just go up there to pick up stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, all right, Tim, I appreciate the call this morning. All right, all right, there you go, Tim. He used to use the government credit card. And again, I mean, all this stuff is there, you know, is there? There's some things that you know, maybe not you know, are not the strictest under the you know, the strictest terms that you know, falling or putting on the periphery of the federal government. That it makes sense the fund, I think there is. But when you just look at the I mean, ever since Dode started putting all this stuff out, when you look at just the nonsense we are paying for. Sean mcman, do we have that cup from yesterday? This is Marjorie Tailor Green. Marjorie Tailer Green's been holding a lot of different hearings on wasteful spending and the dough and here's one item that she came up with the other day. And Sean, do we have that cup from yesterday? Let's go ahead and roll that Marjorie Tailor Green and listen to what she's talking about here.
Speaker 12: In twenty twenty one, the CDC spent almost a quarter million dollars on solar powered picnic tables. The CDC at the time was telling people to socially distance with masks and basically forcing a vaccine that many Americans didn't want. So what use would its employees have for this new picnic table that has quite the price?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's quite expensive, and you know, the social distancing guideline suggested they shouldn't be seated at that table while they were spending to.
Speaker 1: Look at them. Look at those seats. Look at those seats.
Speaker 12: That's not social distancing.
Speaker 2: They're quite close.
Speaker 1: There's a close proximity of the c's to the other.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Real quick, I've just got a short amount of time yet, I'd like to ask God, just basically, just for the general audience, is two hundred and thirty eight thousand spent on solar powered picnic tables at the CDC appropriate? I think the American people think, so that's disgusting. Is seven hundred thousand spent by the SEC for their New York regional office conference room appropriate of taxpayer dollars? I don't think so. What about six point five million spent on high end furniture to redecorate the EPE office? No, and then two hundred and eighty four thousand and Herman Miller furniture for femas headquarters, conference center and appropriate use of taxpayer dollars, I would argue not. I'm definitely over time. So thank you, gentlemen, Herman Miller furniture.
Speaker 2: I have no idea what that is. I guess that's some high end really, I would imagine. But can you do with something that maybe is not high end and not as fancy smancy? I would think so. And then uh, sean, what was the price tag on that two hundred and thirty seven thousand, thirty eight thousand for a solar powered picnic table? I can build a picnic table, and I would do it. I would gladly do it nonsolar powered for about half the price. I'll be glad. I'll be glad to crank out two or three or four of those a week. That'd be for that money, that'd be fantastic. Seven seventeen late for a break on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC hikes.
Speaker 2: Brian Thomas here for four in exchange fifty five KRC the Talk Station. Joe Biden came out of wherever he's been hiding lately, and made some his first public remarks since leaving office. This is how CBS News reported it. During his speech at the Advocates, Counselors and Representatives for the Disabled conference in Chicago. Biden has sailed President Trump's ad administration, but did not name mister Trump directly. He also didn't address his departure from last year's presidential race. Former president called social Security a sacred promised how died his administration's efforts to cut Social Security fraud. Really, I don't remember talking about that. I don't remember the Biden administration going after any fraud at all. He mock claims by the Trump administration that scores of implausibly old people are collecting payments. It's not what the it's not what not what they said when Elon Musk came out with that about Social Security, they talked about how they had all these people were over one hundred years old, some older. I think there was one person who was older than the country itself, but tens of thousands of people who were between the ages of one hundred and thirty and one hundred and fifty who were still active on the database at Social Security Now, he never said that these people were receiving checks. He said that they were still active as far as Social Security was concerned. That these people say, as far as Social Security was concerned, these people were still alive and capable of getting checks. So they went back in and they looked at it, and they found out that some of these checks are still not to all of them, but to some of them. And Biden says, by the way, those three hundred y old folks getting Social Security, I want to meet them. Hell man, the hell of a thing. Man, I'm looking for longevity. But I've got a couple of audios sound bites from the the Biden speech last night. And let's start with uh Sean, let's start with cut number one and the uh and and you're gonna hear you'll hear some music here, and then you'll hear very faintly Biden in the background because he started talking before the music stopped, so he got off to a rough start. This is what that sounded like. Cut one.
Speaker 5: We deserve help and pay for him.
Speaker 2: They had. They had to cut the music off abruptly. There couldn't just fade it down because Joe Biden just got out there and started talking almost as if he's never done this before. You know, you would think a guy who's been around that long would have some sense of when to start talking. You go out there, you acknowledge the crowd, you know, you say thank you, You look around to see people, you know whatever, point to people. So the politicians always do that. They get up on stage and they point to people like I know you. So, yeah, I got off to a little bit of a rough start. I got a couple of more soundbites. I'll get to here in just a minute, but we'll do a little take a little break here quickly, and then we'll get into that. On fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: How many realtors do you know that? Fifty five KRC, the talk station, continuing on with some of the soundbites from Joe Biden's much anticipated speech, first speech since leaving the Oval Office. Much anticipated. I don't know, Sean, did you see any of that? Yeah? He, I mean I saw some of the video of that man. I mean, he just looked like he was I mean, I don't know what they what they drugged him up with, but you know he had that you know, the wide eyed. Look his hair looked you know, someone else is doing his hair now. His hair looked a little bit different than it did before. But Joe was walking down memory Lane for some reason and decided to tell a just a heartwarming tale of the first time he saw black people. And that's your cut number two.
Speaker 13: And I had never seen I'd never seen hardly any black people scranting at the time when I and I was only going on fourth and I remember seeing kids going by at the time, called colored kids on a bus.
Speaker 2: Going by fourth grade. I haven't we heard time and time and time again how Joe Biden was brought up in the Black church or was that the Catholic Church or the Synagogue? Didn't he tell the heartwarming stories about how he used to go to Sunday Mass, and then he'd run over to temple and commune with all his Jewish friends, and then on it was on to the Baptist Church and hanging out with all the different communities around Scranton. There haven't we heard multiple tales of Joe Biden, you know, moving freely between all these great ethnic communities. And then he talks about being in the fourth grade. How old are you when you were in the fourth grade, ten, eleven, twelve, not exactly sure, maybe ten, I don't know. Eight. I think you're older than eight, maybe nine, somewhere around there. But he always tells the story about how he was a kid and that was his upbringing, how he's brought up in the Hispanic community and really raised by the black folks. Tells all those stories about that, and even after all this time, still feels the need. He must have seen some black people in the audience, and he still feels the need to try and convince them that he is one of them. I am one of you. Saw black people on a bus when I was in the fourth grade. First time. Terrific tale. And then he went on to talk about social security or something here. Not exactly sure what you tell me? Cut number three there, Sean.
Speaker 13: The quote is move fast, break things. They're certainly breaking things. They're shooting first and even later as a result. The result is a lot of needless pain and sleepless nights. My friend, Governor O'Malley knows what they're really up to, he says, and I love his quote. Do you want to wreck it so they can rob it? Do you want to wreck it so they could rob it. Why do they want to rob it in order to deliver huge tax cuts to billionaires in big corporations and keep it going?
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyone know what he's talking about there? And first I thought he was talking about social security. Then he you know, he might have been talking about Medicare or medicaid, you know, whether based something that the government spends big money on. Might have been talking about tax cuts. I mean, who knows. They want to wreck it so they can run of it. Now you've got Trump, who was a billionaire on in his own right. You've got Musk, who is the richest guy on the planet. He you know, Joe Biden can't even escape the the day to day fully wang that that is put out by the Democrat Party when it comes to describing this administration and the you know, the one narrative that never ever ever changes is they want tax cuts. They want you know, they they want to give tax cuts to their rich friends and have the you know, the the regular work in schleps pay for it. That never changes. And you heard the applause there aring that extremely weak applause line, Did it sound like that was a packed house? Did it sound like, you know, he he filled that room with enthusiastic supporters. I don't think so. But you know who is drawing big, fairly big crowds is Okasio Cortez and Bernie Sanders. And I've got a sound bite from Bernie Sanders coming up. We'll roll that after this on fifty five KRCV talk station fifty five KRC cyber returned fifty five KRC the talk station seven forty. You know, we were talking a little while ago about Paul rolled some of the sound bites from that really compelling speech given by Joe Biden at whatever event he was at yesterday. I believe it was in Chicago. But you know who has been drawing noticeable crowds. And look, I really I am not I am not interested at this point of trying to handicap the race for twenty twenty eight, the presidential race, whether it's jade E Vance or a Vague or Marco Rubio or Ron DeSantis, I am not interested in that. I still think, at least to my way of thinking, it's way too early for that. But Bernie Sanders, I thinks this is the great time to strike. Bernie Sanders has been touring the country on his no OLIGACKI now we're gone going to be a country of oligox oligocic. I saw a video of him the other day and it goes back to I think it starts about twenty twelve, and then it goes twenty twelve, twenty thirteen, twenty fourteen, twenty fifteen, all the way up to twenty twenty five, and he is talking about Oligarch's oligarch. So he's been he's been. Bernie Sanders got to give him credit. He was ahead of the curve when it comes to warning about the oligarchs taking over the United States, and so all the way from the earliest one of those clips it's him talking about oligarchs, and then it goes all the way up to twenty twenty five and he says, I think the oligarchy is here. So he's been warning. Bernie sand I'll give him credit for that. He's been warning about the oeb oligarchy for a long long time, and he was out there talking about it again at Coachella. I didn't even know what Coachella was, Sean, do you know what Coachella is? Yeah, I've had friends who go to that contge. Yeah, it's an annual arts and music festival held in Indio, California. I've been to Indio, California, and I guess it's, you know, kind of a I don't know if it's a woodstock like thing, but you know, you get to one a bunch of hippies and drug users out there, and they they have some singing and festival activities and things like that, and they also have Bernie Sanders. And Bernie is out there making a speech in Coachella. I would I would dare say Bernie Sanders had more people listening to him speak than Joe Biden did. And at the same time he's doing all this, he's paling around with Ocasio Cortes. I saw a headline today that Ocasio Cortes has already raised more than nine million dollars and not really for a presidential run, but for a run to possibly challenge Chuck Schumer. So that'll be interesting. But again, I am not getting into handicapping the presidential race. But here's what Bernie Sanders had to say at Coachella the other day. Cut four Oh, we.
Speaker 3: Need you to send up to fight for justice, to fight for economic justice, social justice, and racial justice. Now we got a president of the United States who I agree he thinks that climate change is a hoax.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 3: He is dangerously wrong. And you and I, you and I are gonna have to stand up to the fossil fuel industry and tell them to stop destroying disciplinet.
Speaker 2: Stop right there, stop right there. A second. Bernie Sanders would not be able to make that speech were it not for the fossil fuel industry. Look, climate change is not a hoax. The idea of man made and man driven and man controlled climate change is. And these people are out there, I guess they're you know, they're probably smoking the doobies, passing the ball around. Bernie Sanders.
Speaker 5: Woo.
Speaker 2: No, but that event in Coachella could not happen were it not for fossil fuels. And Bernie Sanders is flying first class all over the country. I think he's traveling commercial. But you know those airplanes don't run on solar panels. Go ahead, roll the bike all over this country. Not in California, not in Vermont.
Speaker 3: Where I'm from, but in Florida, where Maxwell is from. Many of the states politicians are trying to take away a woman's right to control our own body. We need you to stand up and fight.
Speaker 2: For women's rights.
Speaker 3: We have an economy today that is working very well for the billionaire class, but not for working families.
Speaker 2: All right, stop right there. You know, we talked yesterday, or at least I did, about how Trump has not been in office for three months yet and already the economy is he's giving Trump a credit for the economy for everything that's going on with the economy. He wants to give Trump credit for all that that it's working for billionaires. And Henie Bernie Sanders is able to divine that after Donald Trump has not been in office for ninety days and Bernie Sanders is out there passing judgment on what the economy is already doing under Trump. This guy is absolutely amazing. And listen to these fools just eating this stuff up. Do we have a little bit of that sound bite? Left?
Speaker 4: Roll it?
Speaker 3: We need you to help us to create an economy that works well for everybody, not just the one percent.
Speaker 2: Well, boy, I mean they can't even come up with a new line. Hey, all this stuff this is this is all right out of the Democrat liberal leftist playbook that Kamala Harris tried to sell to the American people, and the American people aren't buying it. I mean, Bernie Sanders, come on, at least come up with something new. Is that asking too much? Apparently it is. But then again, I won't be out there at Coachella seven forty seven on fifty five KRC DE.
Speaker 1: Talk station fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: These times of massive inflation have people fifty five KRC DE talk station Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas. Another reason I would never go to Coachella is tickets for that thing cost six hundred and seventy nine from six hundred seventy nine dollars to seven hundred and seventy nine dollars. Sean McMahon, does that sound like a bargain to you? Not to me? No VIP package twelve hundred to fourteen hundred bucks, at least not for modern artists. No, I'm not paying. I'm not paying between seven and eight hundred bucks for a ticket, especially if Bernie Sanders is going to show up. Absolutely not. But Lady Gaga was there too, so I guess that was something. Now I'm not I am not paying, and I would not pay. I don't think i'd pay eighty dollars to see Lady Gaga. I don't think so. I think she's a talented singer, but not my cup of tea. What else? What else means so many things? I've got let me see, I got don't have time. I think I got time for one more SoundBite. Here. A lot's been made in the media lately about this guy that you know got you know, the Maryland Father, the Maryland Man. The guy's he's a he's a gangbanger, he's the MS thirteen transferred to the prison down there in El Salvador. L Salvador's president was at the White House the other day, and the media is making a big deal about this. No, there have been two separate judges that have found this guy is in the country, not only in the country illegally, but also an MS thirteen gang member. And Caroline Levitt was dealing with that because the media still wants to push this narrative that the Trump administration is unlawfully sending people like this out of the country, and Caroline Levitt wasn't having it at the White House, so she spelled it out for all the media morons. Let's hear cut number.
Speaker 6: Five Democrat and media outrage over the deportation of Abrigo Garcia in MS thirteen l Salvadorian, a legal alien criminal who was hiding in Maryland, has been nothing short of despicable. Based on the sensationalism of many of the people in this room, you would think we deported a candidate for Father of the Year. That's because unfortunately many in this country care more about this quote unquote Maryland father, a legal alien MS thirteen gang member, then a Maryland mother, and an American citizen who was brutally murdered at the hands of a different illegal alien. Of course, I am referring to Rachel Morin And if you didn't see, yesterday, a Maryland jury found illegal alien victor Antonio Martinez Hernandez guilty of murdering Rachel Moren in August.
Speaker 14: Of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 6: She was a thirty seven year old mother of five who was jogging in an otherwise safe community northeast of Baltimore when this monster ambushed, strangled, and beat her to death before stuffing her brutalized body in a tunnel drain. The more Infan family finally got justice yesterday, but they will never get Rachel back our hearts go out to Rachel's family, her five children and her mother, Patty, who has suffered the unimaginable loss of her daughter.
Speaker 2: So there's Caroline Levitt out laying it out, and really, I think, as plainly and as powerfully as you really can, she's just terrific. And that makes the case right there. You know, these legacy media people, these mainstream media people, they never talk about the victims of these crimes, those who get murdered, those who get raped, those who get aimed, those who get ruined for life, those who those children two hundred and fifty thousand to three hundred thousand missing, sex trafficked, human trafficked, all the all the rest. They never want to talk about the human toll of all this. They just want to cry crocodile tears over some dude who's who's a gangbanger, but he's got he's got an expensive lawyer saying how he shouldn't be in that prison. In El Salvador seven fifty five Dan Carrol for Brian Thomas, fifty five kr SE the talk station, all right, fifty five KRC the talk station eight or nine. We finally have our act together and Daniel Turner is joining us now from Power the Future and Daniel Turner, I saw where you were on a podcast the other day with Don Junior. How about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a great chance to talk to him and his pretty big audience about these energy issues. And I'm always grateful to be on any program, especially yours, who's one of my favorite. You know, talk about these issues.
Speaker 2: Well, you know when you're you know when you're I mean, because look, I see you on Fox News all the time. Yeah, you're on Fox Business News and the fact that you carve out sometime for little old Dan Carroll here in Cincinnati is a big deal to me. So I appreciate you, brother.
Speaker 4: Well, I love being on and you know, these are important things and they deserve they deserve our attention. And a lot of times we spend much of our media hours talking on just nonsense, when the big issues that matter to people's lives and livelihoods just get glossed over or just told, you know, have this just the way it is. Take yesterday, text day. Yeah, when was the last time we've had a serious conversation about taxes? President Trump's tried to talk about it, but he gets glossed over because the media wants to talk about trans athletes, so they want to talk about you know, those are important issues, don't get me wrong, But for the most Americans would much rather talk about a fair tax code than the ongoing saga of the trans community.
Speaker 2: But Daniel Turner, far be it from me to call you uninformed. But apparently you didn't listen to the Joe Biden speech last night because he said the truth about taxes. He talked about how Donald Trump wants to cut taxes so he can give tax breaks to his billionaire friends. That's what Joe Biden said yesterday. And I think that's an important message for the country, don't you.
Speaker 4: It's the most boring talking point that Democrats have said for all of my fifty years on this earth.
Speaker 2: And it doesn't make any ense. Oh they they that playbook never changes.
Speaker 4: It's completely nonsensical and and but and it's just it's just boring rhetoric. You know, they want to cut your taxes so they can give their billionaire friends a tax credit or tax break. And no one really knows what that what that means. Even you know that the same people who are saying that Elon Musk is rating social security so that he can keep it for himself. And you scratch your head and say, like, this is the best you have, This is the best you can offer. So, you know, it's unsurprising the Democrats don't have a winning message on anything, because that's why they've lost their last couple of elections and why they continue to be pouring so poorly. You know, they can bash President Trump all they want for whatever his tax proposals are, but boy, they have to do some internal reckoning because they're they're trending a little bit lower than than than explosive diarrhea right now. So they have a lot of problems as a party.
Speaker 2: On Barney Sanders out there at Coachella talking about environmental justice and social justice and racial justice and all this. But the the the a little bit of a scary part of that is, you know, he's paleling around with a Casio Cortez right now, and she's she's raised like nine million dollars so far, and I guess she's gonna run, as you know, and try to you know, bump up or bump out Chuck Schumer. But the fact that that she I'm frankly a little surprised that Acasio Cortez is able to to raise that kind of money right now, yeah.
Speaker 4: You know. And and the Bernie rallies just just going on that first, They for me are everything that encapsulates the life and the service to this nation of Bernie Sanders, which is is really Macbeth right, it is. It is full of sound and fury signifying nothing. Bernie Sanders is doing these rallies at a time that they are absolutely meaninglessening concert Quinchel. When he had the chance to affect change, Bernie took the buyout and dropped out of the presidential race because they offered him a lot of money and he disappeared and he bought more houses with it. So during these rallies, now what end? They make Bernie feel good? Right, They make Bernie feel good the way some idiot lighting at Tesla on fire makes him feel good. But they really are for someone who says that he wants to be in charge and he wants the reigns of powers, he really doesn't. He just wants to make noise. So the Bernie rallies for me right now are absolutely emblematic of forty years of Bernie Sanders babbling about absolutely nothing with no consequence. He's never authored significant legislation, he's never held a significant hearing. The things he can do as a senator, and senators have a lot of power, He's done nothing. All he does is make noise. So I am just so sick and tired of the Bernie's AOC. You know, she's a force to be reckoned with. It doesn't surprise me that she draws a crowd, she's an inflammatory speaker, et cetera, et cetera. I will go on record confidently saying there is no way in hell she is going to beat Chuck Schumer in New York City and New York Chuck Schumer has been in New York politics longer than I've been alive. And I was born in seventy four. Chuck Schumer has been an elected official longer than I have been alive. He is not giving up his seat to absolutely anyone, let alone someone he has very little respect for.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely. And then I played the sound bite from Bernie Sanders a little while ago, and he's talking about, you know that they have to do something about global warming, and you know, says Donald Trump thinks that climate change is a hoax, And you know, we got to do something about the fossil fuel industry, and he would not be able to go to Coachella, he would not be able to make that speech, and those people would not be able to end that event at eight hundred bucks a pop were it not for the fossil fuel industry. And it's you know, it's so, it's so I think entertaining to listen to these people rail against the fossil fuel industry, but you know, none of the things that they are able to do, you know, Bernie fly in first class all over the country would exist but for the fossil fuel industry.
Speaker 4: It's a great point, and it's why we celebrate this industry and fight really hard for it, and of course the millions of men and women who work directly in the industry, but also the quality of life it provides the American people. And it's Joe Biden's administration is proof that if you tinker with this industry, you will not have the same quality of life at the same price point. Joe Biden tinkered right, and he put in green mandates, and he stopped the drilling permits, and he cut off land access, and he made it impossible really for the fossil fuel industry to operate at its at what was its car pace in twenty twenty one, and where did we end up after four years? Everything was thirty percent more expensive. We talk about brownouts and blackouts. We made our enemies obviously a heck of a lot richer Russia and Iran, China as well. So it's this is an industry that if you want to maintain where you are as an American at this price point, then you have to let it flourish. And they hide behind the climate change, the global warming again, the fear mongering for all of our life as well. And you know, you can go back to the early eighties and nineties and see Bernie talking about how the end is nigh from climate You know, you just get so tired of hearing this crap year after year. This is it, We're all going to die from climate change. Gore has been saying this for thirty years.
Speaker 1: You know, all of them live in.
Speaker 4: Mansions, they'll fly around the world on private jets, and it's just a gigantic racket. The entire climate movement is just one gigantic wye.
Speaker 2: China has decided that they want to stop shipping out rare earth minerals. And I look, I look at this, and and and maybe they I don't know if they think this is their ace up the sleeve. But when it comes to rare earth minerals, it seems to me that America has an abundance of rare earth minerals. America digs up plenty of rare earth minerals. But when it comes to refining rare earth minerals and and you know, turning them into useful products, that is where we fall a little bit short, and maybe a lot short on rare earth minerals. And I guess we haven't had the political will because of the environmental lobby, to to build these facilities that can refine these materials and make them useful. I was reading a piece a day or so ago talking about how that really could be changed in short order. And and rare earth minerals are you know, they're the flavor of the month right now. And if if the United States gets its act to get on that end of the deal, I don't know how China really has that much more to hold over us to you.
Speaker 4: No, And it's really important. Again, these are the issues we talked about at the beginning where I said, these are the things that matter that we gloss over because we talk about what's titillating. Rare earth are not necessarily an exciting talking point, but we couldn't be having this conversation without rare earth's and you're absolutely right, we have them in abundance here in America. And just for your reader's edification and care you listeners edification, I guess they don't know they're only cold rare earth, not because they themselves are rare, but because they're found in trace amounts when you do other type of mining. Right, So you don't mind for rare earth, you mind for gold, ors inc, or copper or lithium, And in that mining process, what is extracted or trace amounts of these other I believe nineteen elements that are essential for technology, for military weaponry, et cetera. Dean Paing fifty years ago said, you know the world, the West has oil, but China has rare earths. And he predicted this, and he knew they were going to capitalize on it. And far be it from me from being an awful Christian. But I was the other day on social media and I called out the dead senator Dianne Feinstein and reminded the American people that as Senator, she led the charge to stop rare earth mining in the United States because of course climate change. Diane Feinstein also had a Chinese spy on her stats for twenty years, and she's at her death was worth around one hundred million dollars. So Diane Feinstein may have escaped the I think jail, which would have been appropriate for someone who betrayed her country. Maybe she will not escape God's judgment for what she did. But people like Diane Feinstein led the charge to stop rare earth mining refining here in America. They hid behind CLI time a change, but somehow they became very rich in the process, and our number one enemy, China benefited as a result. I think that's the type of investigation that I would like to see more of by this current Department of Justice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, Daniel Turner. One of the things I found interesting over the weekend, and it is a narrative that was trying to be spun by the left and by the media, is that if Donald Trump is able to bring a renaissance in manufacturing back to the United States, that the jobs that will come along with that are simply jobs where you know, people will have to live in the drudgery of a factory work style, a factory life. You know, we're going to go and we're going to make iPhones. John Carl said, what are we going to do? Become a nation of cobblers and make Nike shoes. So here's the Democrat Party and those on the left who for decades have told us that, you know, it's it's concerned servatives and Republicans who denigrate work, who look down upon those. But here they are saying that the types of jobs that Donald Trump wants to bring back are really, you know, jobs that are for other people, and the you know, they're sort of beneath the dignity of Americans to go to work in places like this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, imagine reducing the whole of American manufacturing to menial labor like that. And you know what, Sadly, a lot of libertarians also have taken this this this angle, and I've seen a number of articles and social media posts and talking heads on TV that say, you know, we should not return to a country of people sewing sneakers together. And I think that is just beyond insulting and myopic and really degrading. To put all of manufacturing and the millions of factories across America that just five, ten, fifteen years ago had started to have continue need to disappear. To reduce all of American manufacturing to menial toiling labor is embarrassing. But you know what, even if that is absolutely right, what the hell do you care if someone is happy to work eight hours in a factory putting widget A on widget B, if they get paid a fair wage, if they can support their family, if they can build their community they want to live in their little small town outside of Akron, Ohio or whatever other rust belts, What the hell do you cool? This is that class of angels who think they have the right to order society. Who the hell do you think you are to determine what other people's labor should be. And in that process of saying I am going to save you from the menial task and give you a grand, glorious job in the new green economy or in the tech world, all you've done is taken away their livelihood and plunge them into poverty. Green jobs never came, the text jobs never came. The few tech jobs we have We'd rather have h one b visas from India and fill them with those jobs. So I just find that line. We can hear the anger in my voice. This is the disdain that our elite have for regular working class Americans, and our elite are some of the worst people in this country. And Bernie Sanders is an absolute elite, right, John Kerry is an elite, and yet the multi billionaires who are in this administration, Donald Trump and Elon Musk are not. And I find that absolutely marveling that these people who are rich and wealthy and with gold accents and the Oval Office, yet have more respect for the working class than any president I've seen in my lifetime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Thomas Soul refers to these people as the as the anointed, and it really will, you know, when they make comments like this, it really is revealing of the the arrogance and the condescension that they have towards the you know, the the rank and file of the American people. Before we let you go, Daniel Turner, this thing with Harvard looks like it's getting serious. Trump says he's going to freeze two point three billion dollars in funding for Harvard, and why on earth does Harvard need two point three billion of our taxpayer dollars when they have an endowment that is fifty three or fifty four billion dollars. Why does Harvard need want penny from the American taxpayer.
Speaker 4: No more research grants, as far as I'm concerned, No more research grants, No more pell grams. You are not going to charge ninety thousand dollars a year and then tell some student that take out a government loan to pay for it. No more grants, you know what. No more foreign visas. Why why should we be giving you know, a couple hundred spots to people from communist China or from other countries to go study at Harvard on the American taxpayer's dime. Would I would put the screws to Harvard again? These these elites, these anointed as you said, that great quote from Thomas Soul, these universities do an awful lot of damage because they think they are above the American people, that think they are above the American ethos. And you know, they gleefully want to persecute Jewish students and they want to think that's okay, and they want to think it's okay that hamas sympathizers are allowed to lock down buildings and scare the crap out of Jewish students, or they think it's okay that some guy decides to put on a skirt and say, look now I'm on the field on the girls field hockey team and beat the crap out of female athletes. If Harvard wants to play that role, they can absolutely, but I would make their life miserable. I'm at this stage that people worried Donald Trump would be, which he hasn't be, and I don't think he ever will. I am at the stage of absolute unleashing the Kraken. I want revenge on all of these awful people, these awful institutions that have done tremendous damage, and places like Harvard and people like John Kerry. Their come up and has arrived, and I hope they go hard on Harvard and other universities that continue to foment unrest in our country. Remember there is a quote in the Constitution aligning the Constitution about the president's responsibility of preserving domestic tranquility, and this is his job. Harvard is fomenting the opposite, and it is the President's job to kick these people out of the country and kick those people out of the school if they're going to continue to make cause civil strife and unrest.
Speaker 2: All right, well, Daniel Turner, we got to run. But as always, it's great to have you on. I'll direct people to town hall dot com where you have a column up there right now, meet the Coletown the Democrats destroyed, and you've got some quotes from Joe Burrow in there. And you know, people love reading about our quarterback here in Cincinnati. So Daniel Turner, always great to have you on, and I will certainly look forward to the next time we get a chance to talk again.
Speaker 4: Always a pleasure day, and thank you so much.
Speaker 2: All right, Daniel Turner, power the few. Check out his website when you get a chance. Fifty five KRC E Talk Station fifty five The Talk Station fifty five KRC the Talk Station. Dan Carroll in for Brian Thomas, want to thank Daniel Turner for being here. Always loved talking to that guy. I always enjoy having this guy on too. The main man at the FOP of Cincinnati Fraternal Order Police is Kenkober, and Ken Cober is our guest this morning, and Ken Kober, thanks for being here. Always appreciate your time.
Speaker 4: Sir.
Speaker 14: Hey, good morning, Dan, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about this case. I don't know why this case just bothers me so much, but you know, last week, on last Saturday night on short Vine, twenty five year old Kyle Merrick was standing there, apparently minding his own business when he was confronted by some fifteen year old dude who. Accordingly, when you look at the video, it looks like this guy, unprovoked, just pulled out a gun and stuck it in the midsection of twenty five year old Kyle Merrick, who attempted to run away. Turned out he had a weapon of his own turned in fire, and then he in turn was shot by this fifteen year old. Now he's dead, his family is in mourning, and Ken Kober, it certainly appears that this fifteen year old had no business being on the streets whatsoever, without a doubt.
Speaker 15: I mean, it's a senseless murder that absolutely could have been prevented.
Speaker 2: Talk about some of the criminal history over the last couple of days has started to come to light on this guy. Can you tell us a little bit about that?
Speaker 15: Well, I mean it started at the age of thirteen thirteen, obstructing official business, running from the police. It recently escalated in November two and aggravated assault that was involved with the shooting, improper or improper transferation to believe of a firearm and then discharging a firearm into a habitation.
Speaker 2: That's the case that he should have.
Speaker 14: Been held for.
Speaker 15: And unfortunately, on April second was released from EMU. They had already let him out of detention, but they put him on EMU and they even released him from that on April second.
Speaker 14: And then here's Saturday. We have a tragedy. I mean, this is not really a surprise.
Speaker 15: This is I mean the very the basis of things that we see all the time. You little crimes that turn into big crimes real quick.
Speaker 2: Is it just me or does it seem like if you have someone who is thirteen years old and they have, between the ages of thirteen and fifteen, have sixteen separate contacts with the juvenile court system here in Hamilton County, is it just me or does that seem like a lot or is that par for the course for a lot of these kids that get involved in the juvenile system.
Speaker 15: That is certainly in excess, But you know, a lot of these things would have been prevented had there been actual consequences. I don't know on the first charge, the fifth charge, the tenth charge. It's something that there's absolutely no accountability whatsoever.
Speaker 14: So it doesn't surprise me that these kind of things are happening.
Speaker 2: Let me read to you a piece that I found on the WLWT website. This is from May of last year. Okay, last month, three teenagers were arrested after a woman was brutally attacked on a metro bus in Colerain Township. All three teenagers were released from the Hamilton County Juvenile Detention Center the same day. The same day, Juvenile Court Judge Kerry Bloom says, there's only so much the law allows her to do. Quote, in juvenile court, we focus on rehabilitation, which is to include consideration of how do we make sure the kid doesn't do this again, how do we make sure we protect the community. You know, Chen Kober, It's one thing to have a judge say something like that. It is another thing when, to my way of thinking, it is well within her power and her ability to prevent these sorts of things from happening. But she doesn't lift a finger to make any of that happen, simply have these kids come in and then right back out the revolving door. And in this case, for teenagers who beat up a woman on a metro bus, they're out on the street the exact same day.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean we've seen this time after time after time.
Speaker 15: You know, kids with gun charges, kids with violent selony offenses that are letting right out. We're not talking about, you know, a kid that stole a bag of chips from Kroger.
Speaker 14: Because he's hungry.
Speaker 15: We're talking about kids that are that are committing heinous, violent crimes that are endangering the community, and they're let right back out. And this, unfortunately is the end result. You know, I feel terrible for you know, the Myrak family that they have to go through this, but they're just the latest.
Speaker 14: I mean, this happens time and time again where we.
Speaker 15: Have kids that are victimizing people or they're becoming victims of gun violence themselves because the choices they make because they're let out of the juvenile court system.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable. Ken Kober, we got to get a quick break in here. Can you hang around and I got a couple more questions for you on the other side. Sure, all right, Ken Kober, stay right there and we'll continue on with him on fifty five KRCV talk station. All right, fifty five KRCV talk station, we continue our conversation with the FOP president, Ken Kober, and Ken Kober, you know it's not like this. This kid was on the fringes of the system. We are talking about this kid at the age of thirteen. Let's see, he was placed on probation. He was let's see, he was found guilty of attempted grand theft. He was on the property of Procter and Gamble running from police. He was is stay at the Ohio Department of Youth Services was suspended as long as he fought. He was supposed to follow these court orders until he turned twenty one, but a few months later, in November twenty four, arrested again accused of receiving stolen property. He was on probation for the previous twenty twenty three offense. Was in the Hamilton County juvenile system. Also in November last year, in a case that is still pending, he was charged with aggravated assault while in possession of a gun and improperly discharging a firearm So here's a kid that is obviously showing all sorts of signs of trouble, unable to follow the rules, obviously has no parental supervision, and they find this guy is eligible to be released and placed on GPS monitoring. Is how many cases are like this in the juvenile system right now? Do you have any idea?
Speaker 15: Far too many. It happens every day. They're releasing kids that are involved in gun violence, They're releasing kids that are just carrying weapons, stealing cars, you name it, all the violent crime that's going on.
Speaker 5: It's pretty much, unless you.
Speaker 15: Murder someone as a juvenile, you're going to be released. And that's the problem.
Speaker 2: Don't we have people that can look at this in any you know, so many times, you know, we've talked about Government Square and the bus situation down there, and I saw peace today where the arrests are down fifty percent in that area. So it seems to me that when an effort is made, a good faith effort is made to turn our attention to a specific situation, we can start seeing some results. But for some reason, whatever's going on in the juvenile system, and you've got these kids who are serious offenders at the age of fifteen, if you're you know, involved in stolen property and discharge a firearm and things like that, that to me seems like a serious thing. But yeah, we just sort of, you know, to turn our heads at that and say, uh, yeah, put them on a GPS monitor. Does a GPS monitoring system really serve any purpose at all? Does it really do any good at all?
Speaker 15: Only for those that are interested in actually following the law, because it's not something that's monitored twenty four hours a day, even.
Speaker 2: Though it's on you.
Speaker 5: You know, you don't. They don't.
Speaker 15: You don't have a probation officer sitting in a room, you know, monitoring every GPS unit.
Speaker 2: They just it's impossible.
Speaker 14: They don't. They don't have the manpower to be able to do that.
Speaker 15: It just doesn't happen to I understand that this same juvenile was actually accused of cutting off as monitor once before or as it was, so it's not surprising that that things.
Speaker 2: Have escalated the way they have it. So, so what's the issue is it the people who make the decisions are is there not enough manpower to follow up on the If it seems to me, if someone cuts off a monitoring device that should be uh you know that that that should be cause to have I don't know, a probation officer, someone from the court, may you know, make a visit to that individual and find out what's going on. Are are we not able to do those sorts of things.
Speaker 15: Well, ISSU is not not finding these kids and arresting them issues keeping them, And it's these judges and magistrates that are making the decision that we're not going to keep these people. And unfortunately, this is what the visit the citizens of Hamilton County voted for. The only way that we're going to have any kind of change is the next election. You find out what judges, you know, specifically these juvenile court judges, which ones are going to support law and order, which ones are going to take the safety of the community seriously, and those are who you have to vote for.
Speaker 14: That's the only way that these these things are ever going to change.
Speaker 2: So this happened on short Vine. Is this totally being handled by UC police or our campus police involved in this as well? Now this is this is off campus.
Speaker 15: This is a Sinciet Police department is investigating this homicide.
Speaker 2: They're the ones that may be around. Okay, yeah, because I mean literally, it's what one two blocks away from the campus that U see. So I didn't know if if if you had a role in this or not.
Speaker 15: Yeah, there's a lot of college kids that live in that area, but this was solely the jurisdiction of the City of Cincinnati's plice.
Speaker 2: All right, Ken Kober, Is there any way to uh to uh let people know about the amount of frustration that that you have over issues like this? And what's the what's the disposition of this kid right now that he get hit? Is he is he in the hospital recovering from an injury right now? What's the disposition of this kid?
Speaker 14: Yeah, that's my understanding.
Speaker 15: He is in custody, but I believe he's being treated for some injuries. And then we'll end up at twenty and we'll see how long he's there.
Speaker 2: All right? And then I mean, if is there anything you want to say before we let you go that that they can make any sort of difference in this at all other than I mean you already talked about you know, you got to pay attention to who you're voting for sure.
Speaker 15: I Mean that's the biggest question I get, is you know, from citizens from officers the community is what can we do? Well, the answer is what you can do is get out and vote for people that are going to support law in order. That's that's ultimately what this is going to take. If you value safety in Hamilton County, you're going to have to vote for a judge that supports law in order and that that really, really is the bottom line is you have to pay attention to who these people are, what they stand for, and make sure that you know they align with safety in Hamilton County.
Speaker 14: That's the only thing we're going to be able to get a safer county.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if red flags like this sixteen contacts with the juvenile system, uh, you know you've got receiving stolen property, improper discharge of a firearm, possession of a firearm when you're already under disability. If those sorts of things don't raise red flags, what sorts of things do raise red flags? I mean these are serious, these are serious offenses.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well you have to.
Speaker 15: Under san The magistrate that actually signed off on releasing this juvenile from EMU was also the same magistrate that told a child that ran from Coleraine Townships Police Department that sometimes there is a need just to get away from the police. So with that kind of ideology, what do you expect. That's exactly what's coming out of the juvenile court system.
Speaker 2: For God's sake. All right, Ken Kober, as always, I appreciate the time, keep up the great work and stay safe out there. Brother. We'll talk to you again, saying I really appreciate it. Yeah, thanks for having me, Dan take it all right, there you go, Ken Kober from the FOP sixteen contacts with the juvenile system, improper discharge of a firearm, receiving stolen property. These are very very serious things. And now this kid is again ino is it until proven guilty, But you've seen the video, looks like like he actually, you know, is wound up being involved and is charged with murder now of a twenty five year old guy. Father and Kyle Merrick. It can only imagine the hell their family is going through, and all because of some judge or some magistrate who is just looking at this in the completely wrong way. We got to get to a break, Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas. Fifty five KRC, The talk station. Fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: You don't.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC, the talk station. I want to thank Ken Cober for being here. I want to thank Daniel Turner for being here, and just a couple of great guests this morning. Also, I want to thank Charlton Allen who was here in the six o'clock hour. If you didn't get a chance to listen to that, go back and listen to that, and just some great insight on the tariffs and economic issues and Ken Kober talking. I'll just say, I'm really bent out of shape about this kid, this fifteen year old kid who's on the street with a gun. After all this you know, criminal history with the juvenile system, and it's just the way we deal with these kids. Something really has to change. I understand the impulse to want to, you know, rehabilitate kids, to want to correct them from the error of their ways. I really think I understand all that stuff. But at some point, and if you've got you know, between the ages of thirteen and fifteen, if you've got sixteen contacts with the juvenile courts system, that doesn't happen by mistake. It doesn't happen just because that kid was in the wrong place at the wrong time, doesn't happen just because they were hanging out with the wrong crowd. Doesn't happen, you know, a good kid caught up in a bad circumstance. No, maybe once, maybe a couple of times, I don't, you know, But sixteen times in the span of less than two years, I don't think so. And when you're talking about, you know, unlawful discharge of a firearm, receiving stolen property, some of the other some of the other things that this this kid was involved in, and then you can see fit to have this kid out on the streets in possession of a gun again. Now, of course, the court had no way of knowing this kid was in possession of a gun once again. But if they were in possession of a gun wet one time, what would make you think that they wouldn't do it again? Cutting off the ankle, monitor, all that kind of stuff. Let it slide, Let it slide, let it slide, and then someone winds up paying the ultimate price with their life. It just really it just when I saw this story, I thought to myself, and it was a fifteen year old kid that you know, we are going to find out that this kid already had a history and I hate it when I'm right about these kind of things. It is time for me to go.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 2: Sean McMahon, thank you very much. Glenn Beck is coming up next. I got one more day to be with you tomorrow, and God only knows what's going to happen between now and then, but we'll be talking about it tomorrow morning, bright and early, about five am. I hope you can be there, and until then, have a great day. On fifty five KRC, the talk station