Speaker 1: Oh Canada, And don't be ready because it's down to get wet.
Speaker 2: It's about to get weird.
Speaker 3: Be preparing for insident weird thinks you're gonna get weird.
Speaker 2: It's getting weird.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get real weird with it.
Speaker 2: Let's get weird. Let's get it?
Speaker 4: Where?
Speaker 2: Where?
Speaker 1: Get?
Speaker 4: Where?
Speaker 2: Are you ready to get weird with Hoodie and Eric? I'm ready.
Speaker 4: You don't.
Speaker 1: Listen cause you're listening to the hundred oh sorry, two hundred and thirty first episode of Let's Get Weird.
Speaker 2: My name's Hoddy Mayo'm Eric.
Speaker 4: Every week we come together, give you the weird stories from our lives, the streets, the sheets, the yumps, the downs, the all arounds and your ainus and just have a good time, just entertaining on this car right because let's face it, two seventies a cluster four ninety five is a cluster American Legion bridge. It's always a cluster, and you're gonna get stuck there no matter what you try to do.
Speaker 2: But we're back. We're having fun time. You know I'm saying we are. Yeah, we're having a fun time. We get taco bell after this other day of this podcast. What are we doing for lunch? What's for lunch?
Speaker 3: I also kind of found it funny that you didn't know that, uh, America's Hat was the name for Canada.
Speaker 2: That was kind of funny to me. That's no, it's not called that.
Speaker 3: America's calls it that called an America's Hat.
Speaker 2: Do it? All? Right? Oh? What the young woman? But I mean gen Z? Whe are you? Gen Y'm? Actually? What am I? Nine?
Speaker 3: You're not a millennial regeneration.
Speaker 2: I am a cusper. I'm in between your.
Speaker 4: Gens millennial here and I got gen Z over here and then there's Hoodie over here. As allennial, I think is what I am. You're a gen z, as a millennial is a millennials. The kids are growing its millennials or uh ninety two to ninety seven.
Speaker 2: So that's me.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's right, all right, Yeah, you're young, that's right.
Speaker 4: Traditional media and the rise of the Internet and social media, that's right, that's.
Speaker 3: Me even though my generation I.
Speaker 4: Got the best of both. What rocking down at the show.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say how much I missed you and how much I can't work without you.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm referring to? Do you? No? I know Montana. Didn't watch it. Yeah, it'd be weird if you watch it, real weird.
Speaker 4: I was on the cusp of watching that, so did watch the final season? More did, but that made sense?
Speaker 2: Had you your siblings?
Speaker 3: More Wrecking Ball? So one of the greatest songs of all time post you.
Speaker 4: Know, she can finally now sing Apparently there was a legal rights where she couldn't sing Handa Montana songs on tour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because Disney like finally.
Speaker 4: Let her do it now, probably like a purpetuity, like that copyright thing or something interesting.
Speaker 3: Sense, But your boy didn't own the songs.
Speaker 4: It's back from what Eric calls America's hat. It's called America's hat. And because your boy went to Toronto aka the Heartbeat of Canada and.
Speaker 2: Niagara Falls, you know what I'm saying, It was a good time.
Speaker 3: Did you gambled the casinos in Niagara Falls wedding side?
Speaker 4: We stayed on Canadian side, which which is way better because if you do go to Niagara Falls, you've probably seen it like Bruce Almighty, h The Maiden of the Mist or in the office where they have the Jim and Pam's wedding.
Speaker 2: You've probably seen that clip on TikTok. You've seen that clip, I know you.
Speaker 4: I've never seen that wedding scene was pivotal, like two thousand and eight culture. It had Forever by Chris Brown on the soundtrack, which I got to a dated a little more all this stuff, and then it was that wedding and was NBC is everywhere as a Winners. But that takes place on the American side of Niagara. The Canadian side is a lot more like Vegas slash Virginia beachy, like if they had a baby, and American side is.
Speaker 2: More like National Parky.
Speaker 4: So if you're looking for vibes across that border, baby, I saw the I saw the border first time I seen the border.
Speaker 2: So I've stayed on.
Speaker 3: I've gone to the Buffalo side when I was it was just like fifteen years ago because when of my old coworkers live group in Buffalo, we went to go see her.
Speaker 2: And man, that a US side is borring. Yeah, it looks so bord for the Canadian side.
Speaker 4: Nothing there, but there's a balloon thing that goes up and that's it.
Speaker 3: There's a building that is empty. It's like five levels, it's empty all the way up to get to the top where it's an observation deck just to look out to see water falling over some falls.
Speaker 2: It's pretty cool. They put lights on at night.
Speaker 3: Now falls cool, but the Canadian side cooler.
Speaker 2: The US side sucks.
Speaker 3: We gotta do something about that because I think the US side is actually it's a national people that's I.
Speaker 4: Think it's it's some classification of a national park or something like, which is dumb, which is nice, but also if you want.
Speaker 2: To go visit it is is dumb, but to a degree.
Speaker 3: So every time you go to Buffalo, make sure of your passport on you or the car across the border.
Speaker 4: You had across the bord to go. Can you get that line? That line from Canada into the US. That was a long line, really yeah.
Speaker 2: Because we stayed.
Speaker 4: At I guess Shire this is the Sheraton, which uh, I think might be the best one because the closest to the actual falls and it's like closest to the Clifton Hill, which is like they're kind of like strip of everything, and so we had access to everything, which is great. But the best thing our window you could open it, you know, a little baby Juliette balcony.
Speaker 2: Fireworks every night.
Speaker 4: We had the perfect view of it. Didn't you have to go down with the common folk? Had had a great time. I played Yub Nub every time more. It was fine with God?
Speaker 2: Is that why you did that thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like, what song you're gonna pick? I picked the yup nub? Tell me your star wars nerd with it. It was okay, Wait, how was the spaghetti that spaghetti plays? Forget fact?
Speaker 4: All right, so all right, we'll go back. Let's start from the beginning to the end. Now we gotta go back to the beginning. Fine, so we get we leave Thursday night. If I gets delayed two hours because the airport was too big apparently in Dulles. Oh and man, tell you, that's the busiest I've seen dolls in a while, dude. But also a lot of the flights got canceled. Our friend Nick got his flight canceled. But we get it. We land great, and the same thing they have like a Heathrow Express. It's a Toronto airport to the main hub of Toronto, Toronto, which is pretty close. We took advantage of that, got to hotel hotels, real nice. It was on the so we were on the twenty ninth floor or something. It was like a forty floor hotel. That's a long excelevator. It was like, oh years popped every time. Really they had a lounge. Lounge came in clutch. I'm gonna tell you was theve got some drinking drinks. Brisk iiced tea. That is the go to drink of Canada. I found out because you asked for tea, they give you a Canda brisk.
Speaker 3: It's brice baby. Remember those you don't know those commercials.
Speaker 4: That's what the claimated people that looked like death Match Baby, celebrit death Matic got you. But it's first. But MTV took that and made so that was good. We did try poutine the first night. It was not it not because I think I think we also went to a tourist trap poutine place, but it was the only place that was there.
Speaker 2: It's discussed, was like, this is it because we had.
Speaker 4: We like ate dinner early because our flight was at like five and more as were hunger.
Speaker 2: I was like, let's get the poutine. It was not. No, it was not. It were not happy campers that first night.
Speaker 4: This first day we do do the Sea and Tower, which is like if you've been to Seattle's like the needle.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was cool.
Speaker 4: Luckily I did not tell more about Final Destinations Bloodlines, which the beginning of that movie is set in a needle scenario, like.
Speaker 2: A restaurant cool.
Speaker 4: I didn't gonna go to the restaurant because it was closed because there's a labor strike, which is good for the.
Speaker 2: Striking up front. They were striking, which was cool to see. You know, you never get to really see that the restaurant was actually close closed. There wasn't. I don't know. There might have been.
Speaker 4: I don't know if the cafe staff is restaurant staff, so I don't know, like there's a little like mini cafees on drinks and sandwiches. We did tower more hates heights. Had to sit in the back of the elevator. It's okay, she knows this Pop was real sweaty, Susan. I was like, who there is right out of my head. The Sea Tower is a cool thing where it's like metal bars you can hold on to and like look over the side, which is kind of cool. I think it was only like thirty dollars in the Canadian The US rates like seventy five percent, so it's like forty dollars, it's like thirty US.
Speaker 2: Or something like that. I think it was that much to go up, which is cool. Uh.
Speaker 4: Canadian candy really good, like maple maple caramel more and I might buy some from Amazon, you know, because it was cheaper here than it was in Canada.
Speaker 2: And that's okay. But then we did do.
Speaker 4: Old Spaghetti Factory, which is great, and that is I know it's in America too, but we've never We don't have them in this area.
Speaker 3: So where are they mostly based?
Speaker 2: North?
Speaker 4: Like Minnesota, Oh, Midwest, that kind of thing where you get in. We sat in a trolley car, which was cool, and there was a carousel too.
Speaker 2: All right. You get with any pasta dish you get, you get free salad, you get free bread, as much bread as you want, free ice cream at the end, oh hoodie at the end. That hooked me. I was like, we gotta go.
Speaker 4: And Maura liked it as well because I had a lot of vegetarian options. You got at Drankie Drink. I got a pinic a lotta. It tasted like my Panic a lota. I hadn't point the conup, probably the same mix.
Speaker 2: Most likely sugar. So that was great.
Speaker 4: Walked a lot twenty six thousand steps every day in Toronto, look at you?
Speaker 2: So that was cool.
Speaker 4: So we were we were doing the Disney steps, which was great, and.
Speaker 2: So we did that. We did that. It was cool.
Speaker 4: There was a show filming in Toronto, because you know a lot of US shows they film in Canada because it's like cheaper. It's called Boston Blue. So if you watch Boston Blue or if it's coming out this fall or whatever, and you see a big building that's like a big sky scraper more and I walked by it while I was filming, so I was like, should we stick around for it while they are doing extras? But the like crew was like setting up like catering. They did like happy campers because they're like he forgot the spoon or something like that. He was like, you could spoon anywhere in here. It's Toronto. We did go.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to remember because I got Okay, did you not take pictures? You go through your pictures? I could just do that too.
Speaker 3: That's because you haven't posted anything yet.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna do big big carousel? Yeah, you're gonna make a TikTok? Did you bring your medical glasses. I did, but they kept dying every day, which was what do you mean?
Speaker 4: Because I wore them and I finally figured out how to turn them on and turn them off, but they died.
Speaker 2: Do not read the instruction? Way to go?
Speaker 4: But yeah, So then we went to Kensington Market I think was what it was called, which is this big like vintage market. It's not like just like a food mark and everything. And I conned Maura into buying the perfect sweater for our Disney trip this winter.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, it was only nineteen Canadian dollars, which is like twelve bucks or something like that.
Speaker 4: Nailed it, and I convinced her to bias. She got that, she got a souvenir. There, Let's see what else do we do? What else we do? That was that, And then we took the train from Toronto to Niagara, which was a three hour train.
Speaker 2: It was like a commuter train. It wasn't that bad.
Speaker 3: Wait, what do you mean train in Niagara from.
Speaker 2: Toronto to Niagara Falls? I thought it was right there? No, really, I mean you could drive.
Speaker 4: It's like a two hour drive or something or something like that with tolls or something. Got I got off the bus or the train and let me tell you that where the train station was in Niagara Falls compared to where the city was dead zone and there's people with suitcases fighting for their lives trying to figure out what's going on. Really, we got on the bus, got to our hotel.
Speaker 2: That was great. I know I saw that.
Speaker 4: That's pretty cool. I don't that's spoilers because I haven't seen that. You know, mild hotel was great. Uh, the lounge came and clutch for breakfast again. But Clifton Hills you got Tim Hortons. If you've ever go ice, I did get Tim Bitts finally on the last day, so that was great. There's literally putt putt and jurassics, golf and funhouses everywhere. They had a burger king. They had a roller coaster on top of it. Well thet to sketchy roller coasters you see like a carnival or something. We didn't ride it, but it's okay. We had a beaver tail, which is like an elephant ear. But in Canada you've had an elephant ear. At least tell me you've had an elephant here had a fair.
Speaker 3: Groundhant go to fair grounds, you should.
Speaker 2: That's a plant that's that's a plant food fried dough like that. Oh, that's a funnel cake. No, that's not a funnel cake. That's fried dough. That's that's a funnel cake. It's like this. I got papoosa but fried but no filling. Never had that, never seen that. Well, we'll get you on, We'll get you on. This year was delish.
Speaker 4: We did do I think the coolest thing is we found off TikTok. It's a place called the Tunnel, which is where I had that Secret Tunnel video.
Speaker 2: Oh, which is funny.
Speaker 4: So there's an old power plant that used to actually like get electricity from the falls, but it got decommissioned and so mostly it's like a little museum. But you take an elevator down, you go inside this big time that's so cool. They like light up and then eventually like you get let out into this platform that's really close to the falls.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: So we got to see the fireworks first night from that platform too, because we tired it out with the fireworks. Then we did do Canadian Canada's version.
Speaker 2: Of The Maid and the Mist, which is cool. Becare you get on the boat the Poncho. It was only twenty minutes. But it was it was it was a wet twenty minutes. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, ponchos for days?
Speaker 2: Quick?
Speaker 3: Can I interrupt you? Or do you have more to talk about your wonderful trip that you missed me on? And then fine, I get it.
Speaker 2: Came back and got upgrade first class and the way back that was great. Okay.
Speaker 3: George recommend Canada as a trip. I do think so Toronto, it's definitely doing. The two of them is definitely like the best of both works. Niger Falls is very tourist trappy, yeah, and then Toronto is more like you like to explore cities, So like if you go to London, like you went to London and kind of explored it, you would like Toronto then yeah, maybe I'll go.
Speaker 2: They have a metro, but we didn't.
Speaker 4: We really walked everywhere because the metro is kind of confusing, so really yeah, because they have an above ground little metro and then they have an underground metro and so when you see the directions like which metro might take you, and there's buses and it's confusing, and sometimes you can drive in the little above ground metro lanes and sometimes you can't drive in.
Speaker 2: Above ground metro lanes. What that different city? Baby, I didn't drive or walk?
Speaker 3: So well, you were actually in a different country. You're in a different world. Were international part of America's had the heartbeat?
Speaker 2: Did you okay? All? No? I'm sorry, God, I.
Speaker 3: Was dying over here on Monday and Tuesday, well, you know, on Thursday Friday.
Speaker 4: Can you appreciate me? I do, like, hell, you appreciate all things meat?
Speaker 2: Now apparently, what do you mean you said you got to crazy for immed lately? I don't know. Tell me, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I've been wanting to go my my parents use their grill. They needed me to powerwash the hollies the other day. I was like, oh am, I gonna get paid for this. And then I wanted to have these Joe diesels from this place called El Gaucho over here in Rockville, but.
Speaker 2: It was closed on Sunday.
Speaker 3: They closed at five, and so I've been craving meat. So today when we go to Taco Bell, maybe that'll help quench a.
Speaker 2: Little bit of this. Well.
Speaker 3: I made steaks on Sunday, which were pretty good, but I need I need something else. I don't know why. I think I just love tacos. I love soft tacos with some ground beef in it.
Speaker 4: You should try the taco I get. It's like the canteena chicken taco.
Speaker 2: No, you might like it, you might like I like it. I love it. Yeah. You also get the stupid roll ups every time too. It's literally the potatious buds are salivating. It's a fucking tortilla with cheese and there's some sauce in there, the secret sauce. This sauce. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a secret sippies. Freaking weirdo.
Speaker 4: God what, I'm just trying to fuel you before your college football days today.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, so I get Max back today. We've been doing Fortnite. He already got unlocked the Superman skin, and now he also wants to play college football n C DOUBLEA the new one.
Speaker 2: Then you twenty six. That's someone who I fred? Who got it from me? Your friend? My friend?
Speaker 3: I think I think Edwin or No, somebody gave it to me. Julian might have given it to me, but he wanted to play it the other day because he saw me play it. And I'm telling you, I'm sorry, I've been playing Madden since ninety two ninety three.
Speaker 2: The same plays in Madden work in college. How's the music? I heard? The music's really good this year.
Speaker 4: I don't even plast year is kind of like generic where it's like just generic marching band. But this year heard it's like here's ener Sandman and here's.
Speaker 2: Give it as a marching man doing it. That's cool. Yeah, you're not paying attention to it. You want to play the game. But I know what school did you guys pick? We did Maryland, Okay.
Speaker 3: In University of Maryland were the Terps because it's local and wanted to keep it local up even though I would be in a lot of my friends with the Maryland. I didn't go to Maryland, but we did Maryland. And then Max was asking me they show the entrance of Maryland, like why they rubbed the turtle. The test test testudo is that you should take.
Speaker 2: It to a game this season.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking about doing that because he's I think he's get the age where he's like sports and sports are yeah, and uh, Turps games are fun, even though the team probably didn't get their butts case.
Speaker 2: Training him now to not be alignment be something else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't be alignment Max, Well, I like being alignment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but have Max be like a tight end or something. He's got to get tall to be a tight end.
Speaker 4: So I don't know he's Max in the tall percentile or whatever. No, man, well they tell you the percentile. You're like, I don't know what that means.
Speaker 2: What it means fifty? Does that means hot? Or is he sure? Don't? What does this mean?
Speaker 3: Pertentyle, I'm just gonna start pull him at night and just see if I can stretch him out myself.
Speaker 2: Seriously, like they used to do medieval times torture.
Speaker 4: But the guy that things pull him apart, they get medieval times. I got my brain of thinking for certain someone's birthday.
Speaker 3: Okay, so September right, yeah, September seventeenth, you pj the same weekend?
Speaker 4: Open that weekend potentially, wait, Max could go if he wants to go, he could go.
Speaker 2: To That wouldn't be fine? The closest to on your birthday Baltimore. Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that I have Max that weekend or unless we go the weekend before.
Speaker 2: Just keep it up. We start soliciting sales now and be like, hey, percolating the idea. I gotta talk to the wife still, so I'm she gonna eat there.
Speaker 4: Did they have veg Yeah, last time we went, she was a vegetarian, So now pessutarian. I think they have like a vegetarian option for instead of the meat. Everything else is vegetarian.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: So you guys are playing college football, yes, And so you guys playing like the Dynasty.
Speaker 3: Mode or just playing the rand started playing exhibition matches we played together the or we played against each other today, and he just didn't get it. So I'm gonna have to keep practicing with him for him to understand how to play. I also want gonna start doing the tutorial stuff so you can figure out the buttons and it's not just button mashing, like you gotta throw the ball to a certain player and you also do it is sensitive the button when you push the button down. Do you wanna throw a bullet?
Speaker 2: Do you wanna throw a lob? Do you wanna throw a fade? Like? He's got to learn all these different minutia things.
Speaker 3: That it is that is with college football, because like I said earlier, if you've been playing Madden since the Dawn of Madden, you can still.
Speaker 2: Play college football today.
Speaker 3: You haven't picked it up in a walk because I haven't picked it up since I got that one xbox through you where they gave me Madden on it, and that was twenty.
Speaker 2: Fifty sixteen seventeen.
Speaker 3: Maybe, so yeah, man, I'm still got it for colleg football, Madden, whatever it is.
Speaker 2: You know what you're You're also a god and good at sounds sketch. Oh all right, well that's.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it is where we read actual misconnections from Washington, DC dot, COXUS dot or gonna have a good time see who's freak here DC, Maryland or Virginia and uh, just have.
Speaker 2: A good time, Eric.
Speaker 3: The first one up, Mexican guy had safeway.
Speaker 2: Oh I doesn't. The one I thought you were gonna rude dude, Come on.
Speaker 3: Twenty four Mexican guy five ten jogging was very sweet and you stop and you stop me asking questions, interviewed, meet in your truck and left me drain and hands sore from being tied up with no underwear or socks.
Speaker 2: Since offer a bite to have my part for for them? What?
Speaker 3: Huh? No underwear or socks since offer a bit to have me part for them?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: In Bowie Mexican said one way and then went somewhere different.
Speaker 2: Hey, you get tied up. You caught my attention. Centerville, You're a woman who caught my attention.
Speaker 4: Now know if it was the way you looked at me, your smile, your feminine curves, I definitely had my attention. I was an attractive gentleman who couldn't look away. If this might be you, or would like it to be you, please do respond. Nothing venture, nothing gained. I can guarantee great conversation, some alluring flirtation, my full attention, and an experts.
Speaker 2: Touch expert expert. We used to do late night movie nights. Woo. We used to do late night movie nights. Enjoin some old school adult movies.
Speaker 4: Where are you like Space Odyssey two thousand and one A Space Odyssey? Or Debbie does Doubt Danley Kubrick.
Speaker 2: I've never seen that movie.
Speaker 4: I never either could look like IM like I know the song I want to watch anything.
Speaker 2: Very descriptive to you audio listeners. That's the song yep, yep. Oh there's another. I think I wasn't crazy heard Virginia.
Speaker 4: Hey there, guy, I was outside Fridays hanging out with some friends when we came out of Fridays. We made eye contact and smiled and think we may have been both interested. How's the other one in the black monster hat when you came out with your friends? Hey, get it, boys take take their minds, take it done.
Speaker 3: Okay, wait, so there's Mexican guy at safe point. Now there's Mexican guy looking for fun. Both in bowie waiting. It's the same guy, but different story. Twenty five Mexican guy five'. Ten love to meet an older dad type that that into a father and son.
Speaker 2: Relationship love to be.
Speaker 3: Padded touched on the, shoulders on the, shoulder and grabbed in public if you know what You if you know WHAT i, mean usually out in, commando we're in shorts and, public so feel free to, look talk and, flirt or if you're, bold grab it and continue to talk with me as if nothing is out of the. Ordinary make make me red ha ha. Ha love to be milk. Okay love to be caught going the heck is inside on my. Horn next Time i'll tell you about what goon.
Speaker 2: Ump, sir pervy dad or my boss that was goon.
Speaker 4: It you'll find out next, Week, okay because that does it for us on today's. Podcast you gotta Get eric cut Soft. Taco apparently not Just eric. Disappointments someone's blowing up my. PHONE i got to answer that message right. NOW i don't know if you want to make sure you got your safe.
Speaker 2: Search filter on It. Google you can Follow eric at Mister ERIC. V that's M R e r ic K.
Speaker 4: V you can follow me At Andrew hoodie with A y AND i always remember it's okay to be weird.
Speaker 2: Insects it got, weird didn't.
Speaker 4: It, yeah