Speaker 1: Yeah, mt.
Speaker 2: And two three three, get back into the groove with It is Tuesday, March eleven, twenty and twenty five.
Speaker 3: This is Sparta.
Speaker 2: I'm your host, Jason Straighthorn along my co host Cedric Swerve, Ben Irvin.
Speaker 4: Hit him with the shovel, Hit him with the swerve, Hit him with the swerve, hit him with the spurg scray.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 4: Brother?
Speaker 3: Hey man? Hey, I can't call it brother.
Speaker 2: There's been a great weekend, I know that much for a lot of reasons.
Speaker 3: And none greater than the time I had with you and your family.
Speaker 2: Man, it was a beautiful weekend we had out there and kissing me Florida man with the Irving family, the Irban clan. It was a great time had by all. I don't know if you follow Swerving Irving on social media, but man, y'all need to do it.
Speaker 3: It was a treat.
Speaker 2: Just hit him with the swerve, Hey man, look swerve. If this is let people know. If this is your first time watching Tie, we want to welcome you into it. If this is not, we thank you for your loyalty. And please don't forget to click the life and subscribe buttons doesn't cost you anything but helps us a whole lot. And don't forget to follow us on all of our social media platforms that this is part of ms U.
Speaker 3: When you need to chat, let us know where you're watching from.
Speaker 2: And nobody can beat the king of all kings when it comes to Woody Carr, who is in the house. I mean he was only it was five Eastern, but because it's daylight, savings and producer Sean was a little late getting the.
Speaker 3: Channel set up.
Speaker 2: So hey, just a sack, what do you say, sogging and a swerve swagging in a surfer.
Speaker 3: That's what he meant to say.
Speaker 2: Swag and swerve, swag and swerves anytime.
Speaker 4: My sea Wooding name, because you know, he's a great guy to follow on Facebook and evertas just he just is just mercy mercy.
Speaker 2: I mean he got scriptures, we got you know, philosophical thoughts and.
Speaker 4: A whole lot of Oh and I know what he mean by mercy too.
Speaker 3: I know what he mean by mercy too. Oh yeah, you do. You deliver a lot of mercy with the.
Speaker 4: With the girls he had with the with the parrari oh.
Speaker 2: The sailor Woody car Uh, what's up Maureen in the house. Definitely in the house. Good to see Rev.
Speaker 3: Who last.
Speaker 2: Happy birthday to Mama Rev. Mama Howard, it's your birthday. Happy birthday to you.
Speaker 3: Swerve. Man. Look, we got to get into it.
Speaker 2: It was a big weekend, as we talked about, not only because of the time that you had with your family and I was able to witness that it ain't over, but also we got to talk about this weekend with the boys and the Hogwood and Breslon Center, Michigan State locks down the big ted champion outright with a stamp on it by knocking off them Wolverines.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I don't even know. They blew They blew their asses out. Swerve. This is the thing.
Speaker 4: This is the thing I'm talking about with them, with them whatever there is down the street. Come on, man, you know the tradition. Don't get mad at us, because we got a tradition in y'all. Don't got in the middle of the floor and let us kiss the floor. We donna kick your ass, you know. Yeah, you got so much respect for the for the point guard and I can't wait to see him.
Speaker 3: I go to war with him.
Speaker 2: Had a career high talking about Trey Holland Jay twenty. For him, it's like business word, that's all he did. Straight, It's not even right. He stood on business.
Speaker 4: And that's that's the leader, you know what I mean, move aout the way, and it's two of y'all. I'm one on one. I'm by myself. I'm gonna start it off by myself, right. And then at the end you saw that, if you saw the clip, you can see Enzo kind of going to the head coach like, man, what's up right? Yeah, I don't know if you're gonna win it, but I feel you, you know.
Speaker 3: Go too first? Is all I think?
Speaker 2: Is old my you know, even though it's old. He got it's old, got about like twenty two years.
Speaker 3: It's old. It's old, tough man. You know here you shot did though, right? Is though? Big Ten Coach of the Year.
Speaker 4: Yes, we got a Freshman of the Year in the Big Ten and we got a few third team deepensive players of the Year in the in the ten. So shout out to the basketball team. Not now that shit, get for real?
Speaker 3: Straight? Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Transition into the Big Ten Tournament. You know this is the is a single elimination tournament. They do have two round by before they play Friday at I think it's one pm in Indianapolis.
Speaker 3: But mister state man, I mean they're on a roll.
Speaker 2: I mean, I got we got, we got Pawerful saying to talk about them, I mean, you're talking about Dusty Maye. What he did, the coach of the school down the road, acting like he didn't know about the tradition.
Speaker 3: We know that was bullshit. Okay, everybody knew.
Speaker 2: There's there's film, there's picture still photos out there on the internet that shows when Mischigan Stateton free throw formation. Michigan was right at the top of the key, but at the end of the game, when it was out of reach, they decided to go.
Speaker 3: Stand on the emblem.
Speaker 2: Man, they don't stand on the Spartan logos erb and they somebody called him saying, we ain't moving.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: See that's the same thing. I see.
Speaker 4: I don't know about these coaches at the University of Michigan. Do they get together and you just want to start ship. Y'all ain't learned from the football player that we kicked his ass in the in the in the whole way. Thank y'all ain't learned, man, Just let us be you know, we don't bother nobody, but if you bother us, this ain't what you want. We some real spawn dogs around around around every sport. You know, move by the way. Let us kiss the plus our flow. Why we can't get our own flow straight?
Speaker 2: Ah, man, you gotta be able to kiss the floor. And that that's a tradition that was started back with Sean Restfert. That's somebody we tracking down to. You know, it's a guy who was punning him on the show. But he lost his father not too long ago. But he's gonna come back on here and explain what what went on with that, Like how he started to kissing the emblement. It was just the spartan s the block s in the middle of the Bresla and it's continued on the team you know, really carried it heavily back in our era and then it's since been a tradition. I like what Trey has put out there. Trey Holloman has now a shop and you know with his limited edition merchandise available now if you follow Tray John Holloman on any of his social media platforms at Jiggy Trall. He's talking about respect the tradition it's got a little commer, little little cartoon picture of him standing there with the two Michigan guys and all black, got hoodies, T shirts and everything.
Speaker 3: Man, so hey, you gotta go. Oh, I got to get down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, gotta support Jiggy, you know, in his career high graduations, on his career high with that twenty points, that's a big deal. But shan, do we have some of the stuff, like like we just covered real quickly. You talk about Iszo being named the Big Ten coach of the Year, Let's talk about the job that Tom has been able to do and accompetence shit to me, you know, and other basketball officionados, former players that came up with Iszoe says this might be his best coaching job ever, playing ten players, getting them all to buy in and the way they playing defense together and scoring the basketball.
Speaker 3: Man, this might be his best work yet. Straight. I can definitely agree with that.
Speaker 4: And I say that because and you just look back at that and not saying we don't have a big name star, but if you look back.
Speaker 3: At the teams that he had where he had big.
Speaker 4: Name players, like we had a you know, like we had a few lottery picked players, you know what I'm saying, And and and and you got to think from the from the team last year, right from the team last year and this year. And I would have never thought we'd be a top ten type team because I didn't know what to respect.
Speaker 3: But follow him throughout the year.
Speaker 4: It's like we said, it was the one sting in not this game, but the game before where they uh win the cliss the Big ten. They played deep. I don't think the team scored in like five or six minutes or something like that. It was just straight defense and hustle, you know what I mean. But but to to give him the credit, man, you can tell the time that they put in the things that he instilled in them teams to even start a freshman like he did at the time that he started, and and to play ten. They don't play ten in the NBA, don't. So I give a shout out to him, man, because that team work hard, that they tough.
Speaker 3: You know, they never out of it. You know, this is a team here.
Speaker 4: You're gonna have to cut their head off to beat them. You know, you just ain't gonna beat them like you know this think is gonna be okay? Now you got to really beat them because they're gonna be physical, they're gonna play hard, they gonna run their offense, they're gonna hustle, they gonna play together, and we're hitting the shots that we got to hit, and we got the players to.
Speaker 3: Come up big and do and do and do what they need to do. I mean, look at this Assistant Coach of the Year right there, Doug Wotchit.
Speaker 2: You know, all the postseason honors that were released literally today for Michigan State men's basketball, All Defensive Team right here with Jaden Akins, who's had a phenomenal season, the lefty that can jump out the gym.
Speaker 3: You know, this is a leader, a great shooter.
Speaker 2: And then Chase Richardson right there, All Freshman Team, Third Team, All Big Ten, this guy, you know, put him in the starting lineup, didn't miss a beat. I mean, he's a guy who you can call on. I think we're lucky to have him, you know, the NBA's call. And then you can't forget the sportsmanship right here, little Barrier, because you know there's a little Sanders right here. He got the Sportsmanship Award in the Big Ten, which is an awesome, uh honor. For him and being able to be somebody who's been there through thick it them with this program, and you know, it takes a lot. You know, when you look at a team like this has had the championship results, it's.
Speaker 3: Not just Tom Nzo.
Speaker 2: It's not one player as usually said, it is the overall culmination of the entire program, and the role players that practice day in and day out have to be credited.
Speaker 3: For what they are able to contribute each day for this team. That the and the coaches.
Speaker 4: Now, like we had a chance to talk to TK right then, we also got a chance to talk to another coach that we're supposed to get. So you really looking at two or three potential head coaches on that staff. Yeah, you know, and that says a lot. Man, so u Iron, shopper Iron. You know, let's get let's get through this tournament. Let's win it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: If not, let's knock on the door, keep the door down, No, no, ring the doorbell.
Speaker 3: But let's get to this tournament and let's dance. You're trying to dance. You ready to go to that hit it with this word, hit this word. Oh yeah, I'm definitely going to the fighting for so That's that's the question.
Speaker 2: You know, what do you think about this team's chance of being able to do that? You know, i'd say six weeks ago, you don't know where Michigan State is gonna be. I mean, you look at the last couple of years going into the tournament and having an early exit, but the way they jail and having it and being able to not only get through this tough part of the schedule, which is at the end of the season, they dominated. They haven't just gotten through it, so they dominated that way through the toughest.
Speaker 3: Part of the schedule at the end of the season.
Speaker 2: I mean, they look like a team it's primely ready to get to the Final four and make a real run of this thing.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm not gonna see here and just say I've been watching college basketball every day or every other day. You know, the chances I did get to see and the cigar alloude, I always it's somehow Duke is playing, you know what I mean. So I've been watching Duke, and if Duke is a tin, we're not a five, you know what I'm saying. If they're one through ten, you gotta break them. If they're teen, we're not a five. Well, can we play with them? Yeah, you know, I just think that if you judge it, we don't have a a Cooper flag or whatever is.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think he's as as.
Speaker 4: He's a guy. And they got bigs too, you know what I mean. But I just think overall, we ain't we ain't never scared straight.
Speaker 2: Not the way they play defense, the way Michigan State is playing defense late in the game. I mean, they demoralized teams right now, that's what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Late in the.
Speaker 2: Game, it might be a thirteen to fifteen point lead, they're not letting charity buckets get in. Okay, The guards and the bigs they're working in concert. The defense is on the same page. It seems like everybody's on the screen. The communications at an all time high, they moving around. It takes a lot of effort, a lot of mental toughness to play defense at the level that they're playing, and they are doing and this is what we've always known an is O breaded team to be like. And he's not even yelling as much as he used to because he can't yell as much as he used to. But the way they are playing, it's like they've taken on his identity and put it on the court. But man, you know he's seventy years old. Man, they can just sit back and watch them, you know, Grandpa is over and then take control in a different way. I think it's spokes meets volumes for him to be able to adapt. You know, they talk about the spread between his last Big Ten Coach of the Year and now I think it's been six seven years or so since.
Speaker 3: He was able to win one.
Speaker 2: But being able to do that over that span and doing it in twenty twenty five from nineteen ninety what three ninety fourth way back then, I mean to now, you have to be able to adapt, and it tells you that he is one of the greatest of all time to be able to do that at his age and at the level that he is doing this worth so, I mean, he is to be commended. I'm telling you we got to bring back that committee to erect the statue, Tom is Zoe and Mark Dantonio, and it's telling you, see, this.
Speaker 3: Is fourth time winning the Coach of the Year, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fourth time, fourth time? Yeah, yeah, yeah. James Richison, I mean, he's got he's recruiting that at all time high, just signing all kinds of kids that want to come play for time.
Speaker 4: Zoe.
Speaker 2: You know this talks about is this his last time playing? You know, if he will he ride off into the sunset and all that. I don't I don't think he He willed his mother out there. Ninety nine year old mama Is came out to the game on Sunday. It's for Wow ninety nine. So he told the crowd it looks like he got twenty nine more years love.
Speaker 3: At least seventy year old. So hey, the hats off.
Speaker 2: The time is oh and program, But listen, we gotta we gotta talk about other sports in a minute.
Speaker 3: But first, he's message from our friends over a gray Matter exchange. Great man, Just like.
Speaker 5: A bad player can cost your team the game overpaying for shipping can cost your business. Gray Matter exchange your all star team for shipping savings will help you score big with up to thirty percent savings on your ups and FedEx costs.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir.
Speaker 2: Also, before we continue to move on, I like what you know Trevor has said here. Trevor said Jackson Cole deserved to be on the second and third team. Listen, the whole team deserved to be on the All Big Ten team. The way they played, I say about eight players should be on all conference team.
Speaker 3: So what about you? If we playing ten.
Speaker 4: And we nick get everybody as in the Big ten, and we to talk of the Big ten, name me another ten that's five ten on the second team.
Speaker 3: Name me another ten that's better than nine teen.
Speaker 4: That's all I want to say.
Speaker 2: They gotta spread the love around everybody. But look, we have we have a really important cause that we want to talk about from one of the spartans owned one of our top athletes on campus, and we're going to get to that.
Speaker 3: But first, these message from our friends over at ie Hop.
Speaker 6: Six dollars never tasted so good. I Hops Breakfast Faves Combo is now just six dollars featuring I hops world famous buttermilk pancakes, krispy hickory smoke bacon, and two eggs cooked to order your way, all for just part of the new six dollars house Faves menu.
Speaker 3: M they close it.
Speaker 4: Ten Oh yeah, yeah, I for ever to get that six dollars.
Speaker 3: Wilson Man.
Speaker 2: You know, we always talk about one of our biggest partners and as charitable Gift America. We got to talk about them in depth because they have a lot to do with this. Make your NIL Gifts charitable For MSU's baseball dominant left handed pitcher Joseph Jerwa, He's giving back to the community once again through his partnership with charitob to get to America, MSU's original and most trusted NIL Fund. Through team impact and organization that matches children facing serious illness and disability with college sports teams to provide a life changing experience. MSU Baseball has selected six year old Luca Wright to join the team as their top recruit this season's were Luca is currently taking on leukemia and he needs support of our Spartan community. For every strikeout that Jerwa collects this season, he will be making a donation to the cat Looking for Luca Fund, which directly supports Luca and his family. Additionally, the fund is accepting public contributions to increase the impact for this wonderful kid and family.
Speaker 3: Step up to the plates.
Speaker 2: Where for your fellow Spartan today at CGA Athletics dot org. You know and without hey, it's a mouthful right there, brother, Without further ado, we have to bring on the six foot eight junior left handed pitcher out of Ohio, the Great State of Ohio from Haskins, Ohio at Siego High School. Joseph Jerwah joins us a spartan how y'alling? Hey, great man? How you doing good?
Speaker 3: Never better? Disclaimer?
Speaker 2: Man, you got to be Look, I know you're not scared, but you know you got Swerve and Irving on this call right here, and he wants to talk about how he gonna take your yard and all that stuff. Don't be intimidated by so much. You get intimidated by Swerve because he thinks he can hit anybody. Hold on, you don't believe it.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna call you JD because I can't pronounce your last name right all right, It doesn't scare me that you're six eight.
Speaker 3: I can imagine walking around campus at six to eight.
Speaker 4: But I'm gonna show you this one picture because a lot of people just talk a lot of shit, and they talking about what they can do and what they can't do. And this picture just not for you, JD. This for all the people too in the chat that see here you go, Look.
Speaker 3: At that, JD.
Speaker 4: Look how I'm holding the glove JD. And then you see the wristband, so I let you know that I know how to play the game.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: You know, hey, you know what he also sees is that that pictures in black and white. So that's like the prehistoric times. Can we get some color? You know we got out of your book? Man, Hey, that would before j D was born. Man, No, Jandi look wonderful, cause here by you really taking this initiative as one of the nation's top pictures left handed Pitcher, I mean, you're you're you're you're killing it, you know, leading the nation and strikeouts when we checked the statues a couple of days ago. And now you've decided to bring on this new challenge to help Luca and his family. Tell us about that impact and where'd you decide and why you decided to help his family?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean cherwell, just to help me out last year too, I mean I had to deal with them, and then this year too obviously a little bit more. But I mean they're kind of giving me the opportunity to express like kind of what I like to do, especially in the community. I mean, we give back five percent and then I mean I want to do something a little extra too. Like you said, we we partnered with Luca and just kind of being able to give back to him and our team giving back to him is pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the whole team is doing that, so that's that's really cool.
Speaker 3: So how did that union come about?
Speaker 2: I know that with Charitable Get America typically you have five percent that they require you to give to a charity of your choice.
Speaker 3: But how did you get the whole team involved in this particular cause?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean we always kind of have a player. I mean last year we had someone different. This year we brought on Luca. But I mean I went and I've kind of thought about it and went to Coach Boston asked him, Hey, just wondering if someone could match me or kind of help me out here. And he's contacted Charitable Gift and they're all for it.
Speaker 2: Charitable Gift has decided to match ten thousand dollars for every to match ten thousand dollars in donations for people who do do this. And I don't know, Producer shign, if you could put that QR code back up there people to be able to see if they want to donate to this worth because tomorrow missister State does open up with Michigan at four or five?
Speaker 3: Is that at home or is that on the road.
Speaker 7: That's at home.
Speaker 3: It's at home, and it's a non conference game.
Speaker 2: Correct, Okay, so, and but you're not pitching from what I understand, you're not pitching on this, but you are pitching Friday in Iowa.
Speaker 4: Correct, old look, swear this when you know, Hey, JD, this like when you do this in the black churches. That means I'm about to get up, ask quite, I'm about to walk out or something like that.
Speaker 3: Y'all lost me when we all said this is not a conference. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 7: So, I mean we'll play during the regular or during the Big Ten plays, so we'll play free conference games. But I don't know. It's kind of a little first glance out of each other again of the season.
Speaker 3: They scared. That's all it is, j JD. Take me through.
Speaker 4: Let's let's go through the baseball because me and you got a lot of coming because I'm a hell of athlete. I heard you throw around ninety five, and I used to throw around ninety seven when I was in eleventh grade and then I stopped started lifting more waste for football. But take me through high school, walk me through Michigan State, and let me know, now, what's the mindset U of JD.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 7: Out of high school was pretty small. I mean I was probably one seventy. And then I mean I came into Michigan State. I had a couple offers, not really, I mean I wasn't really that well recruited, I guess, I mean I had a little football interest too. And then I mean then I kind of chose between O how To State and Michigan State, and then came here freshman year, played a decent amount, and then sophomore year, it took a really big kind of jump between just mentally and physically. I weighed probably two hundreds, so I gained threw thirty pounds from I mean freshman year to sophomore and then two twenty.
Speaker 2: Right now, So, yeah, so you've been in the weight room, You've been eating at that training table.
Speaker 3: What's up? How do you how do you what do you attribute to weight game to fifty pounds?
Speaker 7: Man? I think I mean everything, I mean from mental I think just kind of taking things day by day and not really really looking too far in the future. It's kind of helped me out the most, I believe.
Speaker 2: Oh that's beautiful. We got a question for you right here from Carrie Freeman. How many pitches do you throw?
Speaker 3: Big guy?
Speaker 7: I throw four. I'll throw a fastball, and now I'll throw my change up and then uh, kind of a cutter, and I'll throw sweeper too. So got four?
Speaker 3: What's your favorite?
Speaker 7: Probably the fastball. I love it.
Speaker 3: Straight. That's what I'm trying to tell you.
Speaker 4: Those four pictures I eat for lunch. The sleeper, really, the cutter, the fast ball of me. Come on, that's that's easy. Straight, that's easy. I'm slapping JD. Ship four fifty when I come, when I come to Michigan State. Do we got an area where it's four fifty? How big is our stadium?
Speaker 2: You go?
Speaker 3: Four fifty?
Speaker 1: Out?
Speaker 3: You you?
Speaker 4: Oh, it's definitely going over the fence.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, we got a connection.
Speaker 2: Are you in Flint's he's there, we go, He's in East Lands.
Speaker 3: He's just buffering a little bit out. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kiro told us it was a little something going on on campus.
Speaker 3: Right now. You're on campus.
Speaker 7: No, I'm in.
Speaker 3: See. Oh yeah, that's right. They had apartments. I forget.
Speaker 4: I don't know what i'd all that money you're making. Man, you can't get up to the top level. Wi Fi man, Come on, brother.
Speaker 3: Say four seam or the two seane fastball.
Speaker 7: Oh force seam but kind of acts like a two scene, which is kind of weird.
Speaker 3: But I mean more for seem Oh you know what, full seventy five is great. So what when you say it acts like a two scene?
Speaker 2: What's that mean? It's gonna have more rise and action too it? Or what our side to side on?
Speaker 3: A little more round?
Speaker 7: Yeah, a little more or a little more.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay.
Speaker 2: So you guys had a lot of success early on, you know, talking about the program at Misiss State with Jake Boss. Guys were ranked for the first time and I think it was eight years nine years being ranked like in the top twenty five. What was that like and what has been the difference. We had a couple of teammates on a few weeks back. What has been like the camaraderie or what the team has been like for this season the mindset of the team going into Big ten play now coming up soon.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean we're really old, a lot of old, but I report and everything, and I think we got one freshman pitcher and that's really it on the staff. Everyone else is just classman. So I mean everyone's kind of had that experience and been through the season. We really well together, I mean especially I mean years, see how everyone bonds together this year.
Speaker 3: Okay, we got a little connection. Things.
Speaker 2: Left These are nasty too. I like that, Kerrie, He's talking about left, these are nasties. Who do you when you've had your success?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 2: What is your mindset when you're on the mound right now? You know, because you are, you know, striking out a lot of people, you know, and then every strikeout that you have going forward equals, you know, something for a worthy cause. We talked about Luca right and his family, the six year old that's battling leukemia. You know, when you're on the mound, you said you look at it like, you know, taking one step at a time.
Speaker 3: Is that the mindset you have to have in order to be successful as a good picture?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 3: A hey, Sean, we lost we just we just lost Joseph.
Speaker 2: He's got to be boot in here and come back in but swerve man, like you know, you you always talk like he really can do this thing with all the pictures and everybody that that plays baseball at.
Speaker 7: A high level.
Speaker 8: I don't know, brother, like my trophies right here it said Miami Harrold thirty third All Day Athlete Awards Male Athlete of the Year.
Speaker 3: I didn't see anything that says baseball on that.
Speaker 4: You just saw the pictures, right, That's what I'm saying. So we were good around it. You know, how we get him around to everybody. Everybody's sitting arounding a good time. Everybody got these war stories and how they was in high school.
Speaker 3: I got pictures straight, you know. I just saw.
Speaker 2: I just saw Prime coach Prime talking with his son, and his son was challenging him on that four to one or whatever, the four two forty because he said, they got video of people landing on the moon, but they don't have video of you running the.
Speaker 3: Four too forty.
Speaker 2: Right, So I say that to say, do we have any actual action video? Because I mean we're talking about nineteen ninety six, now, it wasn't that long ago.
Speaker 3: We did have vhs in that era.
Speaker 2: Do we have any video evidence a swerve taking somebody for fifty scrap?
Speaker 4: You look at the picture and said I was fifteen, See we look were talking to these guys. That's at Michigan State now six to EID. Then we had the two other athletes on here. You know they won nationals first, they was first in the nation and all that. I was fifteen straight playing with the big dogs.
Speaker 3: You're playing with a rod. This is what a ride.
Speaker 2: Hey, wait a minute, Wait a minute, Wait a minute, somebody in the chat just put shine, needs a lock in, and then produce the shine.
Speaker 3: Just shut it down. Produce a shine.
Speaker 2: You can't act the Wait a minute, you can't edit the smoke that comes to you. Look, we get smoked, Swerve gets smoke. He wants to smoke. I'll take the smoke. Sean, you gotta lock in. I don't know what's going on. Yes, it flows downhill. And if the picture Joseph gerwa is choppy, it's gotta be somebody's fault. It ain't his fault. He's six eight, he's lefty. He's doing something for worthy call. He throw the bout ninety five miles an hour. He going to the MLB. Okay, it's not his fault. That's the way it is. You've been there in the locker room. Rights word quarterback is.
Speaker 3: Never his fault in the locker room.
Speaker 4: Let up straight. He not just going to the MLB. We going to the MLB. That's my new nephew, We go.
Speaker 3: That's what big swerve and swinging the tooth pick against ad will be interesting. Now see, that would be. That would be. It's going down, trust me is going down even y'all. Hey, listen, you know what I've been. I've been.
Speaker 4: I started Madrone last week, right, and I just wanted to look at the workouts because these guys are.
Speaker 3: In the weight room.
Speaker 4: Then they go to to the bubble or the overhead, whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 3: Then they make their way to the field.
Speaker 4: And man, when I say these guys are getting bigger, stronger and faster, Oh they're looking good.
Speaker 3: The football team is looking good. Man.
Speaker 2: Doing a lot of squats, Man, I've been seeing a lot of squats. I've been seeing a lot of power cleans. Hang, I've been seeing a lot of bench presses. I mean, like good old fashioned Olympics, just lifts, just getting after it, pushing iron. I'm seeing them pushing sleds down the field inside the indoor facility with the catapults on.
Speaker 3: Man, it looking like Spartans brother you know, we are.
Speaker 2: They getting ripped. They're ready to go. The spring football is coming right around the corner. I think they started their practices just in next week. I think a week from to day. As a matter of fact, the eighteenth is the first spring practice f for Michigan State football. That's gonna be something to be seen right there. You know, we gotta be on campus to see some of those practices. Is there going to be a spring game? That's the question, you know. I know the last day is gonna be April nineteenth. That's gonna be Saturday, the nineteenth. We don't know if it's gonna be a practice, it's gonna be something that's gonna be a game format is it? Are they gonna cancel this? You see the trend right now, Swerve, It's that a lot of coaches around Power For and Beyond are canceling spring games because they feel like their players are gonna get poached.
Speaker 3: What's your thoughts on that. It's sad?
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm, it's said, it's very sad. But now at the end of the day, so okay, let's let's let's walk. Let's walk some of the fans to the not the fan let's watch walk some of the family members through this situation of why coaches do not want their kids to be seen doing a spring scrimmage game.
Speaker 3: Right, So you mean to tell me.
Speaker 4: Coaches are watching other spring games or guy, other gas of people watch the spring game to see if a kid get reps or not to to get having a jump in the port. Is that what's going on?
Speaker 2: That's what they're trying to say that we got Joseph the big lefty.
Speaker 3: Drew back on the blind right now, and how is it going? How is your the Wi FI?
Speaker 4: And you get scared because I said, I'm gonna go full seventy five.
Speaker 3: Joseph damn baseball player.
Speaker 2: And they make all the money. I know that, and they and they get and they get treated a lot better. You know, we talked to Bo Jackson and Dion Sanders and guys like that. Heck, even Howie Long he talked about that because he had some boys who play in the major leagues for a while or in that system, and they said, I take he said, he take the Major League ten times over the NFL and how they treat their players. You know, you get to sit out for a strained finger. Now there he is about that.
Speaker 4: We might You got scared because I said I'm gonna go, folks saving if I was just playing. Man, get it out of your head.
Speaker 3: We got a game. You gotta be Friday.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Hey, I can tell you at the end of the season, let's go.
Speaker 3: You see that Carrie sat right here.
Speaker 2: Sounds like we need to get JD on the mound against swearing to raise a little money. Sounds like a great time to sell some tickets and half some popcorn.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'll be there.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm ready, I'm ready.
Speaker 2: And you're right on the back swearing. Can you you bat right handed? What's the word for when you can do both? And the nextek switch?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, I can do switch. But I'm really amber. Whoever your am? I'm somebody that one one of them?
Speaker 3: You ever? Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, we got We're gonna get a lot of video evidence of this one. It's not gonna be any black and white photos either, So that's gonna be fun. So so you have the team right now is doing very well.
Speaker 3: You've got big ten play coming up.
Speaker 2: I know this is a non conference game because Michigan, I don't know it's a screwy thing that goes on with baseball. So you're playing against Michigan tomorrow at four or five? Who's getting the start to pitch?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 9: I mean I think, I mean that might be a little secret here. So okay, all right, hey, hey my bad, You're good. That's how you do that. Yeah, yeah, we ain't releasing no damn secrets. I didn't know if it was out there or not, so we ain't talking about that. So I'll better get the shit together though. So Friday, what time is that game when you go out there?
Speaker 7: I have no, maybe four six, I don't know. I think the weather's gonna be a little iffy out there.
Speaker 2: So it always is as I Yeah, yeah, it's a it is a scrimmage or it doesn't count for records. It does count for records, but not against the conference from what I understand, correct yep.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So JD, what's what's your best thing? What's your what's what's the what you do? What JD do for fun?
Speaker 7: Golf? I love golfing, big golfer.
Speaker 3: It's six eight?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you you got regular club?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 7: I got I mean people at Sirrexon help me, uh fuck me up? A little bit. So I now they hooking you.
Speaker 3: Up because they think we're gonna come back.
Speaker 4: We as when we get our email email b deal coming back, but JD, we ain't coming back.
Speaker 3: So we can get that ship back. We're gonna get our own clubs.
Speaker 2: All right, going to the he going to the highest bidder, right Stixon? Now they take care of him now, They might take care of him later.
Speaker 3: I don't know. So what's your best golf game? Short game?
Speaker 7: I think, I mean, what are you shooting?
Speaker 3: What's your what's your handicap?
Speaker 7: I mean I shot, I broke seventy ones?
Speaker 4: But usually, man, you a damn lie broke seventy Who you was with?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 4: Paul whoever he was with on the phone right now and put him on speaker phone.
Speaker 7: My dad might be a little busy, but.
Speaker 3: What broke seventy?
Speaker 7: Yeah, hey, hey, I swear.
Speaker 3: You don't want to mess with him. He know, swa. We got a lot of.
Speaker 4: We got a lot of coming because he pitched ninety five, I did ninety seven. His handicap, well, he broke seventy and I and I just two weeks ago, I shot a seventy four.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you'll lose to him. I mean, I.
Speaker 4: Ain't got but my clubs are not the clubs like they ain't been measured.
Speaker 3: You know, I got I got clubs from this person in that person.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, this person and you're shooting seventy four. Yeah, hey, hey, there's no doubt about it. That's wherever does have great pictures of him on the on the tee. We have not seen him make contact with the ball, but you do have great pictures on the t looking at the ball.
Speaker 3: Sell. But now, sir Joseph, what's your favorite course in Michigan.
Speaker 7: Let's say I love I played there a couple of times with my teammates.
Speaker 2: Mmm. Man, he gonna be on our We gotta have him on the team this summer. Man, we go some golf outings this summer. You're gonna be the secret weapon. You're gonna be on our foursome. Theyin't gonna tell nobody who we are gonna say. You know, yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: We might we be lucky to break.
Speaker 2: Uh you know, you know handicap of ten seventy straight.
Speaker 3: How's it gonna be a secret when he's six eight? How long are you off the tem You gotta be three thirty three fifty geez.
Speaker 7: I mean that's where I struggle right now, probably three hundred and three twenty.
Speaker 4: But really, oh I got him straight. Oh okay, So that's what no.
Speaker 2: Try for show putt for the short game is what he said he was great at.
Speaker 3: Now that's where most of us break down. Not me, not me, I ain't most of y'all. I'm me. Hey, what's that on the front nine or back?
Speaker 2: Now you're seventy Now he's talking about eighteen.
Speaker 3: Gee yeah, talk about eighteen? Yeah? Yeah, trying to be a hater. That's all a game. What was your best game?
Speaker 4: So far?
Speaker 3: From a picture? What was your best game?
Speaker 7: Uh? This season probably would be either my first game or my be my second or third game. So the Western Michigan game or the Washington State game.
Speaker 3: And what did you how many k's we have?
Speaker 7: Oh? I mean I went a little longer in the Washington State, So I had twelve thirteen somewhere around there.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, yeah.
Speaker 4: So now when you're on that mound, like, say you got twelve, you do a game of twelve strikes, I mean twelve strike outs?
Speaker 3: When did you know, like, man, you know what you're not. You're not.
Speaker 4: Like you look at Curry right when he get in the flow, he hit the first two or three. You know, you like it's gonna be a long night. I'm on the mound. When do you feel like all there as in Trump? I got this like that I can't be hit.
Speaker 7: I mean, I don't know. There's just a certain I mean, there's a certain thing that just clicks when I go out there at something different. But I mean once I go out there, it's just kind of like all the work you put in kind of just goes to it and it's kind of go time.
Speaker 4: Do you get a lot of comparison too, what's the d Randy?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Him and Chris Sale. I'll get a couple comparisons here and there. My freshman year, a lot of the guys call me Randy Johnson. But I mean it wasn't as big.
Speaker 3: Yeah he what is he? Six eleven?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Only only the only person that looks up to a looks down on a six eight person is Randy Johnson. Right, swear no, Joseph, Look, man, you you a guy who who is from Ohio and you've come to Michigan.
Speaker 3: You chose mischis state over Ohio State.
Speaker 2: What inquiring minds really want to know is when you're on that bus, when you're in that airport, you know you got your AirPods in, you got your whatever, you got your headphones on.
Speaker 3: What you're listening to?
Speaker 7: I mean I listened to everything from rap, rock, country, everything. I love it all.
Speaker 3: What's the country music?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 7: Jack, Bryan Morgan Wallen, I'm.
Speaker 4: A Chris Pinch Christmas name, Chris Belton.
Speaker 7: Chris Stapleton.
Speaker 3: Man, come JD see us christ as we know you know what's your rap?
Speaker 2: Go to?
Speaker 7: Oh little Baby as as you might go to.
Speaker 3: Everybody loves little Baby. So you don't listen to trick Daddy, No trick daddy, old.
Speaker 7: Man, it's my parents music.
Speaker 2: That's awesome man. So you know, look, we really really want to be following you. We will be following you throughout the course of this season and your campaign here from Caught Looking for Luca. You know, we want to raise as much money as possible. We want to bring much awareness as we can for this worthy cause. For Luca, right six year old that is battling leukemia. The baseball team has adopted him. He's the recruit. He's one of the He is a Spartan dog for this season, and everybody wants to raise money for every strikeout that Joseph Jerry what gets this season?
Speaker 3: Here? It is right here.
Speaker 2: This is Luca's playing card right there, Team Impact age six. He loves two words. The two words that best describes Luca is kind and happy, and he loves space Jam or wow?
Speaker 3: What is wall E? That's the movie?
Speaker 2: Man, Walley Waly, you don't remember that movie?
Speaker 3: First of all, sweet, I never saw that. I can't wait. That's the problem.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: You gotta have You gotta be multi. Can't just watch all you know action. You know killer movies all the time. So I see how you get down this weekend. You love the killer movies. That's all you want to watch. I mean, which is good, Like I like those movies too, But you got Wally me.
Speaker 3: I know Wally.
Speaker 2: I know Wally, and I'm not really like that that Disney guy.
Speaker 3: But Wally I know. And then I need to get that.
Speaker 4: When we get that kid on the show, I got to ask him did he see Bowl Space Jam?
Speaker 3: Because the last Bay Jam was terrible. He's six. I don't give it.
Speaker 4: Well, you need to see both of them to know which one was the best one.
Speaker 3: He knows the best space for him.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be Joseph jerywill on that mound because he's the one that's gonna give him money. He needs to fight the Lulekemo that he's fighting right now. And it doesn't matter. He ain't in the one or two. He's in the number sixteen. That's your jersey number. Oh sixteen, yeah, big big look number sixteen swear almost half of young jersey number thirty three, bad by two.
Speaker 3: It is about that. It's about that.
Speaker 4: Sixteen plus sixteen is sick and sixteen and a half thirty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta do that math on the go, Joseph Man, Hey, listen, it's been a pleasure having you here.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Good best of luck to the team tomorrow obviously, and better up to you against Iowa because we'll be watching the strikeouts going forward for Luke, looking for Luca the foundation that you started here.
Speaker 3: But Charren'll get the America.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: We really appreciate you coming on in your time. Brother, Thank you, enjoyed it, Thank you all right, thank.
Speaker 3: You strike him out.
Speaker 7: Well that's it.
Speaker 2: This dude six eight lefty come off the mount swear I can't wait to get him in front of you tape and Sean this time, Sean, I need you to be rolling the camera. You can't be involved in it now and sharing producer. Sean, you gotta be. You gotta have that camera rolling. I'mnna be right behind you.
Speaker 3: We don't. I'm only be right behind the rest the umpire.
Speaker 2: Watch that ninety five coming right in and see you see that bat come off your shoulder.
Speaker 3: Let's see if you can make that contact all.
Speaker 4: I know you better not hit me with the ball because I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: You're gonna bail out. You'll be bailing out.
Speaker 2: He canna be six inches off the plate the other way, you're gonna be bailing out.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you something.
Speaker 4: Brushing the mouth Soony Thoyd, he hit me, Boom, I'm gonna kick the catcher first.
Speaker 3: Boom. You ain't doing You donna kick the catcher. You're gonna fall down.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Look I'll tell you what. Ninety five makes a different s when it's coming off. I know it's been a while since she was doing it back in Dave County, but it makes a different sound coming at you, brother, So you better be ready for that. Barry Bonds and Willie Mays and you know they special people man to be able to hit under mind our fastballs after forty years old.
Speaker 3: Swerve, maybe you are you may you may be of their cloth.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying that what's the difference between Willie Mays and Berry? But like you know what I'm saying, Willie Mays is Barry and then it's me.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. Hey, Mama Howard, thank you. You don't have to thank me for which and you happy birthday. Thank you for being the great mother and support that you've always been throughout my entire life and knowing you so look, Happy birthday to her.
Speaker 3: Final thought, swerve before we get out of here, Hey, great calls. Great kid.
Speaker 4: Got me a new nephew to support and watch. Hey, I just hope he get more strikeouts, you know, for himself, but also more for the kid man to keep fighting that, you know, for that cause. So that's a great thing, man with terrible gift.
Speaker 3: You know that. I love it.
Speaker 4: Man, I just wish that can be more, you know, with all these nil deals, you know, and I'm around these guys, these kids man on these seven on seven circuits, and you know it's just all about you know, I say one dollar more, but they give my baby one dollar more. I'm gonna make sure you know you give back to me, I mean more.
Speaker 2: No, we need to stipulate you. I know what you meant to say. I know how it came out, but I know what you meant to say. There needs to be a national stimulation on this. If it was me, if we made me the commissioner of all the college athletics, I say the model of CGA has should be overall college athletics. Think about the impact that would get made if all of college athletes with this who new revenue sharing model, and all the collectives and all these things that are going to happen if they gave five percent back just five percent. Now, Joseph Ibas is doing more than that. He's going above beyond that because that's what he does. Just think about that. How much money is being spent on the athletes, how much are they taking in and how much they what kind of impact with five percent mandated give back due? If you want to take it a step further, we should all do the same thing.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: That's called tithing. Swerve.
Speaker 2: Hey Man, great show today, Great show for you, Producer Seine, you know you need some work, but we're gonna keep working with you because I know you got a lot going on because baby number three is close by, so we will give you grace. My brother back in the backstage for Cedric Irving, I'm Jason Straehorn.
Speaker 3: We'll see you guys on Thursday. This is part of the Man You have a.
Speaker 2: Good night, God bless you all, and go green, go white.
Speaker 1: M h m hmm.