Speaker 1: Welcome to the Transformation Station Podcast. I'm Christina, owner, operator, and founder of the Transformation Station, and this is where we talk about getting stronger while navigating real life. If you're trying to stay consistent through the ups and the downs and everywhere else in between.
Speaker 2: This is for you.
Speaker 1: Thanks for tuning back into the Transformation Station Podcast today. I am so fortunate. We are also fortunate.
Speaker 2: To have our glorious guest, Nikki. I'm also waving. You can't see that.
Speaker 1: Though, she's actually double handwaving. Hand waving spirit fingers.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Speaking of the last podcast that I recorded with someone was with coach Tina and she was talking about the Bring It On movie. It's her favorite, so as ironic, I just gave that reference spirit fingers. No, these are that's her favorite movie. Spar fingers loves it.
Speaker 2: I'm very surprised. I feel like I cheerleading.
Speaker 3: I have never saw them, Sorry, Tina, I have never seen it.
Speaker 2: It's so good, is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The original one with Kristen Dunst.
Speaker 1: So late is for the nineties movie I think late nineties, early two thousands for sure.
Speaker 2: Perfect. Yeah, it's so good. It's my jam actually, uh, nineties movies absolutely. I can't tell if it's hard. I like, I like older movies. They're less superhero you know. Oh okay, I mean those movies are cute, right nineties movies. I love it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. I actually just there was a there's someone in my course over the weekend, and I'm like, you know, if you look like a young Nick Cannon, but I think it's like a mix between a young Nick Cannon because I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, oh there.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize that there was so much younger than me when I made a reference to a movie, and I had no idea. I'm like, no, the young Someone's like, oh, he has like twelve kids, And I'm like, not that version of Nick Cannon, like late nineties, early two thousands version of Nick Cannon like Hans to movie Mariah Carrie Nick Cannon.
Speaker 2: Yeo right, yes exactly by.
Speaker 1: Gary Wow wow yeah really something.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think he did that before he was even famous.
Speaker 3: I think he'd only because he's the mass singer host right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he was already in a movie's former. I carry he started in a movie with Christina Million. It's called Uh Love Don't Cost a Thing?
Speaker 2: Oh. I know. That movie was my favorite. I never watched it. I thought, Oh, I thought that Julius Stiles was in that movie. No, No, that's another dance movie. Let me just double check. A. That's the movie. I don't even know where my phone is. It's a wireless mic.
Speaker 1: I digress.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about it now. I have to know. Okay, let's talk about fitness. You start, I'm going to google this.
Speaker 3: So what are we talking about today? We were talking about the mistakes that we made as coaches.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why I'm what do you call it procrastinating? I don't like making mistakes. We don't make mistakes, Nikki. I feel like, I.
Speaker 2: Think it's a very good thing and to be to talk about these things.
Speaker 3: I know that as a fitness coach, or even when I was before I was a fitness coach, I liked it when coaches talked like they were real people, not like they were untouchable robot people.
Speaker 2: That just exercised one hundred percent of the time. Yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 3: I find that when people are more real, I have an easier time connecting with them. And I'm like, okay, this is also hard for you because I'm dying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I agree with that. Untouchable, Untouchable do you know that song?
Speaker 1: So this movie was from two thousand and three, not Letting It Die? Christina Million, oh, canon, Yes, Steve Harvey, Pee, Steve Harvey. Some good names in that Untouched.
Speaker 3: So everybody that likes uh early two thousands movies, dance movies.
Speaker 2: Yes, what was that? What was the movie I'm talking about with Julia Styles?
Speaker 1: Same?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh, I love that. That would say the Last Dance. That's it?
Speaker 3: Yes, see the same time of movie dancing. There's attractive lead characters. It was made for like teens twenty something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there wasn't that much dancing and loved don't cost a thing. It was more like a clueless like the.
Speaker 1: Geek to chic Oh mmmm, so I love geek to chic style like Jenny Jones. Remember do you remember Jenny Jones. Jenny Jones and then.
Speaker 2: Jenny Jones was the talk show host. Yes, and after was Sally with the Red Glasses. Before it was Sally. No, I mean like in the order that they showed the show on TV.
Speaker 3: Oh that specificity that I do not have or in my brain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they showed and then yeah they had that show.
Speaker 1: They would have Jenny Jones geek to chic and then Sally a nine percent shirt. It would be on right after. Yeah, because Jenny Jones always had like you bullied me, and confront your bully and confront things that made you feel bad, and then they would have the person like tell their story and then go behind the curtain.
Speaker 2: And uh, I was young when I was watching this, like more Povich. No, it wasn't like you're not the father.
Speaker 1: It was like they would have an old picture of them, like in a doorway, and then they would burst through the old picture of them.
Speaker 2: And they would be like they gave them like a makeover.
Speaker 1: It's whether they lost like one hundred pounds like they made them.
Speaker 2: That is the Biggest Loser, that type of stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was prior to Biggest Loser, but same idea, right, except biggest Loser at the end after they starved everybody and made them do five thousand hours of workout to day.
Speaker 2: At the end of the show, it was like their celebration. You could only be this.
Speaker 3: You can only be lovable if you are this thing and not if you're this thing. Messaging sonse I'm so happy that the messaging I feel like has changed a lot then, which is like your.
Speaker 2: Lovable however you were. Yeah, I agree, let's just try to be our best selves. I totally agree on that body that we have.
Speaker 1: I think that that that exact thing is what's going to steer me of things that I I did, not by mistake, but things that I've learned that I did wrong when I first started in fitness.
Speaker 3: Right, well, I mean something got you into it, right, like whatever thought, whatever goal you had for yourself.
Speaker 2: Or for clients. Yeah, it definitely would have got you into it.
Speaker 1: Well, at first it was immobility, and then it was like, well, I'm young, like I'm twenty, and I don't want to look like this either. I want to look like damn fair. And then I started to look like bam, I want to be hot.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to be hot anymore.
Speaker 1: Like it's interesting when you go from a certain way your entire life and you're dismissed. Yes, yes, and then all of a sudden you get attention. Oh hell, no, weird. I didn't like it because I'm like, no, I'm still the same person. I liked it to an extent, did you like? I like to an extent. But then after like you gain weight, you lose it. Like I had this conversation not long ago with somebody and I was like, Okay, there's so many people that they'll lose weight rapidly because they crash. They crash diet, they crash work out, they lose weight rapidly. They all of a sudden think that they know everything about everybody, and they give everybody their advice.
Speaker 2: And then someone that quits smoking that is judging out the smokers literally, and then all this quit smoker mm hmm.
Speaker 1: And then because their experiences, they end up like getting attention, they like attention, they end up kind of like mean girling it, and then they leave their husbands or whatever.
Speaker 2: The case is.
Speaker 3: Me is a bit like a little bit of control, right, which is like you never felt like you were in control of that before, and now it's like, oh well, now I'm going to tell you how you are feeling, rather than me being like, you know, I kind of look at it like you chasing. You would rather be chased, right, because it has to do with how we feel about her something.
Speaker 1: And I think too, like on like a positive side of that, like I'm so happy that those people are feeling so good, But they don't realize that what works for them doesn't work for it's not copy and paste for everybody else. And also like there's some times I remember when I first started training someone and the husband was like, okay, you're training with Christina and she was doing one on one and he knew my track record, like as per my clients, and he's like, you're gonna lose one hundred pounds and you're gonna leave me because that's what people on TV do and that's what I see on Instagram. And I said to her, I'm like, do you love your husband? Are you happy?
Speaker 2: And she was like yeah, that's like a private thing, right and she was like yeah.
Speaker 1: And then I'm like, this will only enhance what's already there, because before you know what, you're gonna want to spend time with him. You're gonna want to be in the nude, you know what I mean. Like that's something that people don't talk about. I'm gonna mark this with explicit maybe turn this off if you're with your kids, and I'll put that in the description. But like all of a sudden, they are like confident and if their partner's asking them to do something, there's not a mental breakdown because they feel good about putting on clothes or they feel good about being in public.
Speaker 2: So that'll only enhance that bond that you already have.
Speaker 1: If you already have out marital issues and you're feeling good about yourself, that's going to enhancele issues.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're if your partner is I was gonna say, maybe doesn't pay attention to you, doesn't value like you want to be valued, and you're kind of just there out of comfort or whatever reason. There's thousands of reasons why we stay in relationships.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then the dude at the gas station is like, hey, what's up?
Speaker 2: You're pumping ice? Get hit on a lot on the gas station. When I look like that, You're like, oh, you look good.
Speaker 1: Where are you going?
Speaker 2: Where are you coming from? Church? Shut her down? Oh that's a good way I have.
Speaker 3: I have this specific story in my head of that type of thing because when I was eighteen years old is when I lost a I don't know, like one hundred pounds and I remember walking down the street and I was wearing like a belly shirt.
Speaker 2: Like never in my.
Speaker 3: Life, right, you weren't belly I have one time in my life never really ever.
Speaker 1: Was it like strapless?
Speaker 3: No, I don't remember, you know, it was like two thousands shirts that were like like a tank top, but then we would wear big baggy pants with it.
Speaker 2: Oh, it was like a handkerchief, like the point.
Speaker 1: Kind of me.
Speaker 3: And I remember this person that I had went to school with like looking at me, like like who is that? And I was like yes, so the only that's the thing that I remember the most about losing weight when I was young.
Speaker 2: But other than.
Speaker 3: That, I mean, I'm thankfully it's always kind of been secondary.
Speaker 2: I want.
Speaker 3: My goal has always been like what can my body do? Because I feel like a like a slug most of the time. I'm slow, and I'm like what.
Speaker 1: Can this slow tide?
Speaker 3: What can this slow body do? So that's what that's always my goal. I'm like can I Can I jump over this thing? Can I race one hundred kilometers?
Speaker 2: Can I do this? Like that's kind of what I want to do. I don't care past that. Really, It's like if I look good, woo. But other than that, I feel like that now too, Like I like how you said, like.
Speaker 1: You want to know what your body can do? Yeah, and not to compare to somebody else push ups.
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh my gosh, Nikki, that's what I want to do. I'm gonna tell you, Yeah, you can definitely do that.
Speaker 1: I don't think I think my arms will fall off.
Speaker 2: I feel like there might be a fund raiser coming up with ten thousand push ups. It thinks there're seventeen days. That'd be pretty good. I wonder, Oh my gosh, we have Chatchi Bugi one thousand ten, So one thousand a day for ten days. Do one thousand a day?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, if you do like it, one hundred every hour, that'd be like, hold on, let me ask Chatchi tea.
Speaker 2: Let me pull this up Chatty on my phone. Yes, said, That's what David gog instead with the pull up thing. Right, he made a world record of pull ups. Oh yeah, I heard that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The first time he like ripped one of his tenons in his hands and he was still going something not like something like that, David not suggesting now you do this or that this is a safe thing.
Speaker 1: Right, you'll remember, consult your doctor. Okayasta, Wait, how many push ups can you do in thirty seconds?
Speaker 2: And thirty seconds? Okay? Was that the first question? Look?
Speaker 1: How many push ups.
Speaker 2: Can you in one minute? I'm gonna count you? Or wait, let's do thirty seconds because.
Speaker 1: Okay, how many time?
Speaker 2: Well I have the mic on. Yeah, sure we're not. We can talk to great time, because that's never going to sustain for ten thousand push ups. Okay, let's see three.
Speaker 1: Two?
Speaker 2: Oh wait, pretty good?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 2: Three g one go one? Two are cracking? Yes?
Speaker 1: Three?
Speaker 2: These are my joint sorry. Four once I was born.
Speaker 1: Five, six, seven, eight nine ten, that's nice. Four eleven twelve we hired.
Speaker 2: Thirteen fourteen is the thirty I could? Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, sixteen seventeen, eighteen five seconds, nineteen twenty letes this call it twenty.
Speaker 2: Okay, so twenty and twenty nine ninety one and that's fast.
Speaker 1: That was really really good form though fast. Yeah, that was like chess to grin like that was good for them. Okay, that's that's chatchabutin. How many did you do?
Speaker 2: Twenty? Here we go find. The thing I love about this is how it's like so all over the place. What are we talking about? Yeah, if we're talking about NICKI doing push ups?
Speaker 1: Okay, so Nikki, just I'm asking chatchabutine.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on, I gotta restart. I wanted to. I want people listening to know what we're doing.
Speaker 1: Okay, NICKI has completed twenty push ups in about thirty seconds. Considering there might be ongoing fatigue, how long in days and hours would this take NICKI to complete ten thousand push ups?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Let's see thinking if Nikki can somehow maintain the same pace and do twenty push ups every thirty seconds, no slowing down, no breaks, then that would be ten thousand push ups. Would be five hundred sets of twenty. That doesn't sound that bad. Five hundred times thirty seconds is fifteen thousand seconds. Fifteen thousand seconds equals two hundred and fifty four minutes, which equals four hours and ten minutes in reality, though ongoing fatigue would make that impossible to sustain continuously. A more realistic estimate depends on how much rest is needed. Short rests it might take you six to eight hours total if you take fifteen to thirty seconds between sets. Longer sets are spreading it across the day can be ten to sixteen hours if your lapse time. If done over multiple training sessions, it could easily take two to five days, depending on recovery and training volume. So the answer is minimum zero days, four hours and ten minutes realistic with fatigue anywhere from zero days, six hours to sixteen hours, or two to five days. If you're completely sustainable in a training challenge, so you're seventeen days, you're giving yourself lots of time. Ah, hold on, how about one hundred thousand push ups.
Speaker 2: That's the year's worth the pushups.
Speaker 1: Same pace, forty push ups per minute, so forty one hours and forty minutes. That's with no breaks. So it's one work week, one day, seventeen hours and forty minutes. If you took thirty seconds rest after twenty push ups, it would take eighty three hours and twenty minutes, So three days, eleven hours and twenty minutes one minute of rest after twenty pushups it would be one hundred twenty five hours, which is five days and five hours. In the real world, no one can maintain forty push ups per minute for one hundred reps. Muscle fatigue, skin damage to the handstor oh, you'd probably rip things in stuff, Your head might fall off. One hundred thousand push ups is about five thousand sets of twenty.
Speaker 2: Hours would fall off before my head but oh.
Speaker 1: It says at one thousand push ups a day, it would take one hundred days.
Speaker 2: That's a good thing about doing round numbers.
Speaker 1: What is the push up world record currently in twenty twenty six. Let's see what it says and we'll get back to the episode just a.
Speaker 3: Quick little Italy were talking about Dicky, how many push up how long it would take her.
Speaker 2: There's three different standards.
Speaker 1: So most most push ups in twenty four hours mail forty six thousand and one, set in nineteen ninety three by Charles Cerviso in the US USA. The record still stands. Most push ups in one hour is a mail three thousand, three hundred and seventy eight push ups held by Poplar and two set in twenty twenty three. Most standard push ups in one minute was done also by Mail eighty four and one minute eighty four held by Patrick with an Ik Mohite is set in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's pretty neat.
Speaker 1: For example, the current one eighty degree push up record is twenty nine in one minute. Oh, because there's different like so there's different push up variations like hand release push ups, one eighty degree pushups, knuckle push ups, medicine, ball push ups, tandem push ups and others. Need Oh okay, well that was awesome. Okay, So going back to this, back to the mistakes that you've made as a coach.
Speaker 2: So so far, we've got nothing.
Speaker 1: Judging with the outside glorifying things like The Biggest Loser back in two thousand and.
Speaker 2: Five, But you got rapid weight loss? Is what your thoughts were? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Rap it when we used to think that rapper I don't know, but we but like we we used to think that rapid weight loss like that was healthy. Like how many people watch The Biggest Loser and put their endel and b all into what that was and then they set their expectation to be well sustainable.
Speaker 3: It is probably more important than healthy, do you know what I mean? Because it's fine if you lose a bunch of weight quickly. I mean it's fine you lose all your muscle, you lose all. And it's also not sustainable if you're doing ten hours of.
Speaker 2: Eating getting food and crying and puking and shitting.
Speaker 3: Well you do you have to do that anyways, Maybe not the puking, but the shitting you got to do.
Speaker 1: I mean, like not when you're running on a treadmill because you haven't eaten in five days, I feel like your insides leave your body.
Speaker 3: One of the biggest differences between you and I is in coaching. I feel like you started coaching for clients, right because you wanted to work with people and you know, help them do what you did right, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I started.
Speaker 3: Coaching because I love fitness, not that you didn't love fitness, but so you are a little more people driven. I definitely it's a people driven thing too. It kind of ends up the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I knew what it was like to be immobile, and I knew how much it changed my life, so I wanted other people to experience.
Speaker 2: The same thing.
Speaker 1: And to me, the number one thing that changed my life was not well, nutrition went hand in hand with it, but it was getting mobile first. Because I actually didn't change my nutrition until I lost like maybe my first thirty forty pounds.
Speaker 2: It slowly started to change.
Speaker 1: Actually, what changed it was I started pretty much like any person would have started back then, especially as I went on a treadmill, because that's all I could do was barely put one foot in front of the other. I couldn't go on an elliptical more than thirty seconds. I could barely get my body on an elliptical and all the gym machines were too small. Okay, So I thought about that.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: So I started in home, which was what we call tempo back then.
Speaker 2: I started with that.
Speaker 1: It was a five minute Express Billy Blanks Typo DVD.
Speaker 2: I remember.
Speaker 1: So I'm like just five minutes before I go to bed, and it was so hard for me. I wanted to sit. I want like five minutes of Tybo and it was so discouraging because I didn't move like how they did. But I'm like, I'm just gonna do what I can do.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So when I saw pack abs and literally they're like little tiny things. But like I saw on the treadmill, it said if you walk like this for an hour, you're going to earn six hundred calories or whatever. It was based on the weight I inputed, which who knows my scale, never my.
Speaker 2: Scale and go high enough to tell me exactly how big I was.
Speaker 1: So I entered in and I'm like six hundred galleries And then I'm like how much how many calories? You think you're in a big mac because right across the street at the time there was McDonald's, so I used to get McDonald's on the way home from the gym. And then this I didn't know anything about nutrition or fitness or anything back.
Speaker 2: And you're like, I just exercised, I'm eating this McDonald's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but at the time, like I was a kid, so it's like I didn't know any basics of nutrition. I didn't know anybody around that could help me with nutrition. The trainer that I had to go through because I have like the pre health profiles that you have to do when you go to like a commercial gym back then. I don't know if they still do, but they did back then. And he was trying to convince me to pay for six month months of personal training. And at the time, I had just bought my house, and I bought my house young, so I was young, and I already had lost like I think fifty or sixty pounds before I went into the gym. And he was like, oh, well, he said, the weight that you lost would be muscle and water, maybe a little bit of fat. I was like okay, and he's like, I suggest because he's like, what's holding you back? I'm like, well, I don't have six thousand dollars for six months of personal training or.
Speaker 2: Whatever it was.
Speaker 1: And this is going back to like like fifteen twenty years ago. Twenty years ago, Oh my gosh. And he's like, well, I advise that you sell your house because you need to lose weight more than you need a mortgage. Actually, what he didnt say mortgage. He said, quote unquote, I'll never forget mortgage.
Speaker 2: He said, Oh no, I asked him.
Speaker 1: I said, he said to me, He's like, you need to lose weight more than you need a roof over your head, is quote unquote what he said.
Speaker 2: And I looked at him.
Speaker 1: I'm like, excuse me. I'm like, do you own a house? He was like yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm like, and you have a mortgage. He was like yeah. I'm like do you have a wife. He was like yeah.
Speaker 1: Back then I should have asked him do you have a husband, But anyway, minor detail. Do you have a wife? He was like yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm like do you.
Speaker 1: Both work to pay for your mortgage? And he was like well yeah, I'm like cool, I'm a single person. I got a mortgage to pay for and am eighteen years old. Therefore I cannot afford to spend six thousand dollars on personal training and the way he treated me. It wasn't like Okay, my door's open, come ask.
Speaker 2: Questions or like there. It was a business.
Speaker 1: It was called Ultimate Fitness. They're not in business anymore. They shut down a long time ago. Was a worn is No.
Speaker 2: I went to that gym as well. That was called Fit for Life. I went there for so long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I ended up going there too, only because at the time one of my friends she wanted to go there, and I remember it was it was pretty low key and when you had access to that gym, you had access to the two women's onlies that there was one in Kundles besides Saint Joe's was like in the armpit of the gym, they had a little tiny pool, so they had like some awqua fitness. It was called back to Basics for women. Ironically, Sandy that used to work here, she used to work there back back, back back in the day.
Speaker 2: I mean she's worked everywhere.
Speaker 1: I think, I think so. And then they also had it back to Basics Women's on Ant Street where I think there's like a dance art something up there now. So if you had one club, access it wasn't a franchise. I don't think you had access to those three places.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: Then they all shut down, and I remember the day they shut down because I went. I was walking to go into the gym and I saw one of my mom's friends and I said her name.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, you go to this gym? And she was like my mom's friend.
Speaker 1: Like I don't know where she is or what she's doing now, but she was like a like Brianna ptarth Man from Game of Thrones, like she was a robust, don't mess with her kind of a woman and she was kind.
Speaker 2: But she was like, no way.
Speaker 1: And I looked at her and I'm like you go to this and she was like no, neither do you now. I'm like what and she's like Christita. I'm like yes, and I said her dame, which I won't say on here, and I'm like yeah, and she's like what do I do for work? And I was like uh, She's like I just changed their locks.
Speaker 2: I'm like, damn it, damn it, damn it.
Speaker 1: So then that was the end of my gym cycle, my public gym cycle for that.
Speaker 2: So then I had to find in venture off into a different gym.
Speaker 1: So it was hard for me to go into gyms because the way that that personal trainer treated me was how I was treated every time I went into a gym as a three four hundred pound woman, young woman, So like you're not worth Like I wasn't worth anything. Yeah, like I didn't deserve a roof over my head? Are you kidding me? So because of that experience, is that's why I wanted to help people, Because it wasn't primarily because I loved fitness. I loved how fitness changed my life because that was my experience. And when I see people come through this door and they can't bend over and tie their shoes, they only.
Speaker 2: Can't get up, that to me is like life changing.
Speaker 1: And I if I can help people, that's the biggest gift. Like I love running a gym, I love doing the giveaways. I love like providing people with a fun place to shake their booty and to lift weights and all those things. But the underlying reason is because I know what fitness can do for somebody.
Speaker 3: I feel like the reason why I started and the reason why I do it now are different things. I definitely have jumped on that train with you. I've changed my whole idea and outlook about fitness. Not that I didn't think that fitness is accessible to everybody, because I've always thought that it should also yes, yes, yes, and that we can make it accessible. It shouldn't be that there shouldn't be this gate kept thing. The gate kept thing was I feel like a projection of all of the other fitness people I had been around. The best people that I have been around fitness people are the people that made me feel like I was part of it, like I could do it because for the longest time, because I've always had goals the longest time, I wanted to. I still do want to do a triathlon eventually. I think hanging out with people that do triathlon as a bigger person, there was there's no room for you.
Speaker 1: So I feel like.
Speaker 3: When I started spending time with and working out with people that were bigger body, people that did triathlons, I then felt like I could do it. So I think that to make everybody feel like they can be fitness people is kind of where I'm at at this point. It's like just changing your ideas, changing your opinions, changing all of those things. I'm a fitness Perton. I may not have ever been fit. These people that we bring in here.
Speaker 2: May not have ever been fitness people, but they I want them to think that they're fitness people.
Speaker 3: They are fitness people.
Speaker 2: You come here, you enjoy.
Speaker 3: Your like and because I like you think movement is life. Because I want these people to be able to do what they want to do until they're eighties, until their unfortunate deaths.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? Right, this is the thing.
Speaker 3: It also I know that it reduces your blood pressure. I know that it changes your cholesterol. I know that it does all these things. So I think if I could give this gift of people, it just they just have to like me, just have to like you a little bit. If I could give that to everybody, if I can facilitate that journey for them, That's where I've come from and where I'm at now.
Speaker 2: That is the hugest thing.
Speaker 3: I feel like it might not have started there, but it's definitely there. Are we not I don't think we're talking about our mistakes, We're.
Speaker 2: Talking about other things.
Speaker 1: I think it's kind of stems from that, like when when we first started, how it was looking like and like having like that, Like when I started. It was for a reason when I wanted to help people. It was for a reason when I was in my twenties twenty five. Like when I was twenty five years old, I had breast and plants, and now I still have breast and plants. But I mean, like I had them put in I had someone who was a lot older than me, I'd be like, okay.
Speaker 2: Here we go. So like it was like a it was a different type of outlook.
Speaker 1: And I wouldn't say that it was wrong because I know some people still are forty fifty, sixty, eighty years old and still have that outlook that I had when I was twenty five years old. But I'm going to say that it's now different because I have changed. And I'm not going to say, well, I'm matured, because they can mature in however which way they want to or that depends on what you prioritize.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 1: I no longer prioritize having a twenty five inch waist and a fifty inch boob job, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So, like, I think that's different.
Speaker 1: And I know when I know where your heart lies in fitness because you primarily not primarily, but you are like the head leader essentially of our.
Speaker 2: Beginner boot camp.
Speaker 1: And I always can tell to me you're the perfect person for that, because when people leave, like you message me and you're excited, or like when I see you the next day, you're like.
Speaker 2: Oh, they did so good and this is what they did get.
Speaker 1: You never come to me and you have never been someone to say, oh, this person is weird or this person does this weird, or like that's you have never once in over three years now that I've known you, you have never once done that. Every time you meet someone new, you're like, I just love them so much? Is that weird? And I'm like, you want to see them exself? That's a high five. And what I'm understanding is you're when you felt like you didn't belong, you didn't want anybody else to feel like they didn't belong.
Speaker 3: Yes, my whole goal in life is to make people feel like they belong. I'm going to meet you wherever you're at. I'm going to do my best to like be your cheerleader. And if you've decided that our relationship isn't working, and then that's on you, right, It's never gonna be.
Speaker 1: From lack of effort from.
Speaker 3: Me, which lots of people see different ways. But I don't really care. I don't care where you're at. I don't care if you're mad at me about this. But I'm still gonna be nice. You're still gonna get all my love, and I'm sorry about it in advance.
Speaker 2: Sorry. So what is I don't know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyways, So what is one thing that you think that you've made it as a mistake? Like, I don't make mistakes, You don't make mistakes.
Speaker 2: We're good.
Speaker 3: I feel like I feel like part of I think part of growing is admitting where you could do things maybe a little bit differently. The thing is is that mistakes are are a funny thing because I kind of feel like it's an opinion, but I think if a general consensus is like we talked about, I just put my my foot on the gas pedal one hundred percent of the time.
Speaker 2: Like if I'm if, I don't.
Speaker 3: Want everything to be like as much push as we can possibly get with people. I don't think that that's necessarily should be the cakes.
Speaker 2: All the time, ye push all the time.
Speaker 3: I think this sometimes it's okay to just maybe we're going to focus on this we're going to focus on like isometric moves, or we're going to focus.
Speaker 2: On higher reps for longer.
Speaker 3: Say, yes, so, I think I think that part of the term like balls to the wall the entire.
Speaker 2: Time isn't that's I feel like that's kind of an.
Speaker 3: Older mentality that we have right gain, whereas I'm viewing it maybe a little bit different. It's like we don't like there's times where we can do like threshold training. I'm just trying to be smarter about the amount of time what I'm spending my time on. So it's more about intentional things. It's like, if I'm here for forty minutes, I wanted to be a good forty minutes, right, Yeah, so I think, but you still have to breathe in that, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean, Like boh, yeah, right.
Speaker 1: And there's some days when it's not going to feel one hundred percent. And actually this was yesterday's podcast, is when you don't feel one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Sometimes people will be like, oh, I'm just not.
Speaker 1: Going to bother going in because they feel like there's this unwritten rule or expectation of them that when they come into the class that they must go as hard as ableh which that is not the case. No, that's why sometimes like when I'm coaching, like hey, how does that feel? Because I want to know, like I'm not going to say, hey, that's too light. Here just take this or here's some thirties when you're using tens.
Speaker 3: Like it's funny that you said that. Yeah, yeah, so I talked to members about that often.
Speaker 2: M It's not about like.
Speaker 3: It might be a today might be a twenty day, today might be a ten day, and today might be a fifteen day, and who cares exactly right, Yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 2: I just had a conversation. I had a conversation with a member last week about that.
Speaker 3: It's like, you're gonna if you're not feeling it, you're just going to keep throwing up barriers to come here. It's like, just forget about all the things that you're going to put in front of coming here, and just come here.
Speaker 2: Don't make it bigger, make it smaller, is what I always say. Oh I like that.
Speaker 3: So it's kind of like I could say, oh, well, I could come, but I have this thing to do after and when I'm going to eat or I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Worry about this thing or what about this other thing I have to do?
Speaker 3: Or I could say it's only forty minutes. I'm going to be able to fit it in and then I'll be able to do my stuff after right. What if, well, my legs are already sore, should I still do it? While my arms are already sore? Should I still do it? You can still no matter what. You can throw things in front of it. You know, I'm crying, I can't stop crying or something. Come in here with your cry face on and we'll just I guarantee you you'll never regret coming here. That's what I always say to to our beginners. For sure, you've never regret it. You'll always be happy about it. You might mood might not have improved, but you'll be happy that you did it.
Speaker 2: You'll be happy that you made that decision.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And sometimes when people are feeling overwhelmed too, and they're like, well, I just it's too much, like I don't I don't want to go, I feel overwhelmed, or I have this to take care of.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: The nice thing is is when you walk through the door, you have generally people that have no idea what's going on in your life. Because it's more like surface friendships. There's some people in here that have made deeper connections and they're friends outside of the gym, But for the most part, there's a lot of surface connections in here, and I find that those sometimes are some of the best connections because we can walk in and no one's going to ask us about things that are upsetting us.
Speaker 2: So like you have emotions than yes, and then.
Speaker 1: While you're counting, while you're just trying to listen, it's such like it's such a good distraction. I said this to Chris yesterday. I was like, I had no service when I was doing my fire arms training over the weekend and I had to sit there for nine ten hours each day. Wow. Yeah, So I was like, what am I gonna do? Like, but it was such a nice disconnect for those two days that I didn't have to worry about what's going on on Instagram. I mean I had to wait an extra two days to do my Kevin Fest tickets giveaways because I had no service while.
Speaker 2: I was there from morning till night.
Speaker 1: So by the time I got home, like, I got like an hour and I'm gonna go to bed because I got to get up and do this the next day and pay attention again, like really like real attention, not fake attention like I have.
Speaker 2: Like zon, I have to know the things that you're saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So like I really enjoyed having that disconnect and when people come in here for their forty minutes, they can disconnect. And I'm talking about like you don't bring your phone on the gym floor. You're not texting in between your workout. Like sometimes at a traditional gym, people have a hard time putting their phones down. So they're walking around for an hour, they're going to work out, and all of a sudden, they're like, oh, this person keeps messaging me and we all have like our watch on our wrist. So then it's like, oh, well, now I'm just I'm not going to do it because now I need to answer them. But no, you don't need to answer them right away. That's like the other day I was talking with you and you're like, I'm like, oh, what's your what are you doing for the day, like what's up? And it was all I got to do this and right away I'm going to do that. I was like, oh, okay, cool. Then you said something about going for a run, like right then, and I was like I read it and I didn't even answer it back, like I'm gonna wait like four hours, I was, I.
Speaker 2: Message you back. I was running, I think when you message me, oh, actually running right now? No, I just got in the car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh sweet after them, So like that was like, okay, well I'm not going to message you right now. So, like there's different ways that you can utilize the gym to forget about your own shit.
Speaker 2: Yes, I like that leaving it, yes, and then people care enough about you to be happy to see you. But there's no emotional baggage past that, which is yeah, which is good. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that that to me is like a healthy Like that's why like when people come in they want to share some of their stories. I love that so much because they can find other people that resonate with them. But that's why, like we don't do like group huddle crying sessions on the gym floor, like when something is like if a member knows that something else happened in someone else's life because they're they're friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't act.
Speaker 1: It happens a lot, a lot, Like there was one here just to like let her go. Literally yes, Like we had one week and I think I'm probably the only person that knows this, but in one week, we had four people's fathers pass away. And it wasn't that long ago, and it was in one week. I'm like, what is happening? I was like, Okay, well, I guess we're at that age.
Speaker 2: That's the time.
Speaker 1: That's just how the cards fell for this week. And all four of those people were going in and out of the gym and nobody knew, and they were like, oh, we're so glad for that.
Speaker 2: Ye didn't they don't want.
Speaker 3: Everywhere you go, you're gonna get people I mean with good intention, still in love, being like how are you doing? So then you have to kind of pull it up again, right, yeah, I mean everybody deals with grief differently. I'm a person that doesn't really want to talk about it over and over and over again.
Speaker 2: It kind of just sits in my head.
Speaker 1: And I roll it through, you know what I mean. Yeah, we don't even know like trigger thing, like we don't want you to be triggered, like like I don't know, like just different things in that contact.
Speaker 2: How is it going like yeah or yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Know this is this is a silly thing, and I feel like, I mean, obviously you've been able to. But I remember one time I had just put my dog down, and then as soon as I went into work, the first thing someone said to me was, so, how about your dog?
Speaker 2: And then I just was crying all day. Oh no, that's why when my dog died.
Speaker 1: Here also because I love you, but I don't want to talk about it, like, yes, that's why I don't tell anybody. Like my social media for the most part, like you can see some of the stuff that I'm doing in my life, but it's not I don't share emotion like I share excited emotion, but I don't have people know what's going on because when I come into the gym, I don't want to have those hard conversations because that's not the time.
Speaker 2: And also you have to have them a lot. Yeah, right, because people care a lot about you.
Speaker 3: People care a lot about each other. It's not that we don't care about each other. We do care about each other, but enough to be like, yeah.
Speaker 2: This one time.
Speaker 1: A couple of times I this, Oh this is something I've made as a mistake as a coach, be like, oh, what's everyone doing this weekend?
Speaker 2: What are you doing this weekend? What are you doing this weekend?
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, I wrote to a funeral fulk like sorry about that, Like I shouldn't have asked, like, oh, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Are you doing any exciting?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: When I ask, I.
Speaker 3: Mean there's there's it's very safe to say that that is happening to at least one person.
Speaker 2: Yes, right, always. It's not like it's like, oh my gosh, we all want a miracle.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly. So like now I say, anyone doing anything exciting this weekend, and then people.
Speaker 2: Will share like the question. Right. That's why I always ask what's new? What's good?
Speaker 1: Like that's and I don't say hey, what's new, or Hey what's good?
Speaker 2: I say hey, what's new? What's good?
Speaker 1: Because I want that one answer? Yeah, not two different things. But also like we can only like.
Speaker 2: Doesn't mean that we can't talk about it, Yeah, that's what I'm saying. It just means like, if.
Speaker 3: You want to talk about it, that's fine. If that's where you're at, then you need to let it go.
Speaker 1: That's okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But if you don't want to let it go, that's okay too, exactly. And that's why I also loved and cherished no matter where you're at. I had some new people join and this was just before Mother's Day and Christmas, and they were afraid to come to the gym on Mother's Day because their moms had passed away. And I said, it might be one thing. You will never hear me say.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of people, a lot of people and that miss their and dads and miss their parents. Yes, yes, so you will never hear me say.
Speaker 1: First of all, I don't even register Father's Day for my own personal reasons. So I'm like, I don't You'll never hear around the mic. Happy Father's Day, Happy Mother's Day, Happy Mother's Day. If you celebrate like, there's people that want it to be moms. They can't be moms. They are moms and they didn't want to be They're not moms and they wanted to be their moms have passed away, or like.
Speaker 2: There's because there is cheer with any celeb.
Speaker 1: Actually, so at Christmas time we have our holiday party or Christmas party.
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen you put up a Christmas tree in this gym?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I think the first year I opened, I think it was actually my ex at the time.
Speaker 1: We should put up Christmas tree, and I didn't have enough boundaries to say no. That's why now the gym has excelled because I don't listen to anybody for that. But I'm like, I don't want to have a Christmas tree in here for not even one day. Maybe if it's for the Christmas party, the Christmas slash holiday party, then sure for that one day because people know what they're coming to, right, But for the whole month of December or November, October, December, January. If I put up a Christmas tree would have to be up from December to December. So I'm taking this Christmas tree down. But like I have one at home that we put up.
Speaker 2: Chris and I put it up together, and that's our private space.
Speaker 1: But imagine if someone's going through a hard time at Christmas time, which is a lot of people, a lot of people, and they have to come in and see a Christmas tree and hear Christmas music. That's why, Like I've had people when new coaches start coaching, they'll be like, oh, can we just play like Christmas music during the workout. I say no, we only do Christmas music for a Christmas theme, and people can choose whether they come to that or not period. Just like Valentine's Day, we don't have Valentine's Day love music.
Speaker 2: Playing all the time. Like even in our cool down music love.
Speaker 1: Music, there's like there's a few cool down songs that I hear and I'm like, ugh, Like even in class Plane, like the it Wasn't Me song that did not age well, there's so many people that were cheated on and then that comes on.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, you know what. I skipped through those on purpose.
Speaker 3: Actually the cool down song from last I just press the cool down button last Monday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a song.
Speaker 3: That come on that Lizzo has written and the whole thing is about being naked. So I was like, we're just gonna listen to this while we're stretching and I'm nude and I don't even know the song, but we were like, Wow, this.
Speaker 2: Song says nude a whole lot, and we're all that I've heard of that. I know, I'm gonna find it now. I would have switched it, but I was like whatever.
Speaker 3: It's like a couple of minutes, it seems to be terribly offended.
Speaker 2: We're all not figure about it. So that's for the Sexy Time play it's not the gym playlist.
Speaker 3: So funny that you said that, because one of the members said that were like, this is the Sexy Time cooled down this.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna say, I put this on my sexy playlist.
Speaker 2: Yes, And now this nude song by this that's so funny.
Speaker 1: Remember, oh, this is something else that I'd made as a mistake, and I didn't want to talk about mistakes and listen.
Speaker 2: I remember when we were using a.
Speaker 1: Lot of Spotify when before we had the fit Radio account here and I didn't realize because I'm like, oh, well, it's a premium account and it started off as my personal premium account, so I would have it in my cards. At the time, there was no one else coaching, just me, so whatever I had is what I used. And uh.
Speaker 2: I remember the group.
Speaker 1: Chat someone I think it was actually Melissa coach Melissa, and I think it was heard that said, oh, I was teaching the afternoon classes and this like bad music came up, so I think someone has control of the account. And then someone was like, oh, that happened to me as well, and they said what time it was at and I looked and I'm like, oh, that's my music that they were playing, for sure. But like if I'm outside and I start my car and my default to start playing is Spotify, or even if I get in my car at home and I started and starts playing Spotify, it will play wherever it's playing, but it'll play my selection. So if I'm listening to some hood rat garbage trash music, which I big wooty bitches, a bitch of big, goody, bitch of big like that type of music, that's what was playing. And I didn't realize that until the two coaches like, oh that happened and this was the time, and I'm like, oh my gosh. I was at Staples, Like I started my car, I was listening to that loud and proud rolling rolling to Sippin' on.
Speaker 2: Name that tune did introduced by Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 1: Yeah check Mark, Yeah you are a jukebox.
Speaker 2: I told him I could sing that song.
Speaker 1: I think that was one of the mistakes that I did when I first was coaching.
Speaker 2: I guess that's not as bad as pretty. Oh. One time, my friend.
Speaker 1: Sophie, she was like we were talking about like playing music and she wanted to learn and we're trying to find songs that we both knew, and we were both like, we love musicals and I'm a theater kid. So she was like, oh, what about this song from high school musical. I'm like, oh, so that song I actually don't know. And Christina was here teaching Zoomba and I was at home in my office. So I pulled up I'm like, oh, check it out on Spotify. Ninety nine percent of the time, I don't know what day it is, I don't know who's teaching, I don't know who's doing what. So yeah, so I literally pulled up my Spotify and I typed it in, like how come I can't hear it?
Speaker 2: Then it said playing on iPad. I'm like playing on iPad.
Speaker 1: At the time, I didn't have my like now I have my iPad home, but the gym iPads were my iPads like playing on iPad and my way would be playing on my iPad, So I'm like, uh, play.
Speaker 2: On this device, Okay, play on this device.
Speaker 1: And then I was like, all of a sudden, Zumba music started playing on my device, like why do I hear zuma music? That just took over my computer? And then I was like, oh, my gosh, what day it is? Day is it?
Speaker 2: That's my brain thinking faster than my mouth. Did you hear that? I said it backwards?
Speaker 1: I was like, what day is it? I was like, oh, my gosh, Christina is teaching zooma like, I hope that it didn't just interrupt her song with high school music and I'm like, oh, so, I'm like, oh, I know how I can find out.
Speaker 2: So I pulled up the camera.
Speaker 1: And I rewound it and I saw her like everyone's dancing and she's like dancing and all of a sudden, just hard stop.
Speaker 2: Everyone stopped dancing.
Speaker 1: I was like, damn, I definitely interrupted it, and then talked to Christina after. I'm like, that was me. I am so sorry. And then she was like, creation there was one person in the room. I'm not gonna say who it is, but it was somebody's daughter and she goes, who's listening to high school musical? I was like, this is why we're friends. You knew what I did anybody else know what that was?
Speaker 2: Or?
Speaker 1: Now? No, Christina, I'm so sorry. So that was a mistake I made like a handful of times.
Speaker 2: Now I don't do that anymore. Yeah, what about you? What's your next.
Speaker 1: Mistake, my next mistake, not like speaking your next mistake into life, but like, oh there's a mistake.
Speaker 2: I mean I feel that I'm like all these things are up for interpretation as well, like not everyone's going to agree with the fact that these things are mistakes. Mistake is a is a weird term because it means I don't know life lessons, right. I feel like you know things that you know.
Speaker 1: I think I have a lot more like personal life lessons and business lessons that I've learned that.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't classify as mistakes. But where I've had a pitot learning, they called it learning opportunities. I've had so many learn an opportunities.
Speaker 3: That's the growth mindset, right, So learning everything is so that's I The thing is is that I would say I don't pay attention to that stuff because I feel like when I I try to make jokes of things that I think are I could do better at?
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like I I because I the whole the whole thing about people coming here is I want them to have fun. I want them to feel loose. I want them to be really like relaxed, relaxed when.
Speaker 3: You're exercised, but you know what I mean, Like, I feel like I want you to kind of feel safe here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I feel like, Yes, so I feel like I feel like in.
Speaker 3: Myself, I try to have that mindset because of those things.
Speaker 1: But I find that.
Speaker 2: Maybe sometimes I might.
Speaker 3: Bombard people with asking them for feedback, and I feel like that there's some people are like, we don't really care.
Speaker 1: We don't care.
Speaker 3: We just want to do what you've given us because we don't want to think. I'm a high performer in my life, Nikki, I don't want to think about this.
Speaker 2: This is here.
Speaker 3: I don't want to make any decisions. You want to do what you have laid out for me. I want to do this workout. That's all I want to do.
Speaker 1: So I on purpose don't ask for feedback, right because if you ask for feedback, you get way more feedback normally than what you would like. I never ask feedback on the workout.
Speaker 2: And it's going to because it upset you, didn' hurt your feelings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if it's room for like, like if I ask for feedback on the workout and on how the exercises were structured, I'm the professional. I know what I'm writing, and I know that this has helped not even just hundreds, but thousands of people over the last fifteen years get to their goals. And I've helped coach them even personally doing personal training that I have written their programs and they've had more than success. I know that I have other personal trainers and gym owners that contact me and they say, your people love your workouts. Your people are getting to their goals when they follow everything, right, What is it?
Speaker 2: How is it?
Speaker 1: I had someone that signed up for I had one of my old friends. He had a woman that I would have so loved to have had as a personal training client. But he worked at a big box gym, and at the time, I did not work at a big box gym.
Speaker 2: And she didn't know me. She got to know me at the change room.
Speaker 1: Was a drop in gym, and I was friends with him, and he came up to me and he goes, you know so, and so I'm like, yeah, I pretty much changed with her in the change room every single day. That sounds worse than what it actually is. And she had a cane and she had a hard time walking, she had mobility issues. And this guy was a men's physique competitor who was like practicing to be his side. Gig was a body shots guy and a stripper, so not throwing shade, but that's his experiences, that's his lifestyle. He had never had mobility issues. He was always an athlete. He always had a six to eight pack. He was twenty five years old and he comes up to me and he's like, cat, talk to you, catch talk to you. I'm like, right now, okay, what's up? And he's like I know this person. I'm like, yeah, he said, she just signed up with me for a year of personal training, paid in full, three times a week. I'm like yeah. He's like, I couldn't turn away the money. I can't help her. I'm like, why wouldn't you have passed her on to somebody else who can help. He's like I need the money. I'm like, oh, okay, that's fair.
Speaker 2: He couldn't dance very well, and he knew that, like can you check out these dance moves? I'm like, you.
Speaker 1: Cannot do that. That is not great, Like do you want some help? So that was the thing, and I gave him a program for her, and then I saw her in the change room like After a few weeks, I'm like, oh, how's your programming going. I know you're working with so and so and she's like, oh, it's been great. I'm like, cool, what's your favorite exercise?
Speaker 2: She told me.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, right on. So I'm like, oh, you like that style and she's like I do. I'm like, okay, cool, And it was like four six weeks later. He kept running the same program for her. Five to six weeks later, he's like, okay, I got a change up for programming.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, you do. And then I was like, oh, I talked with her in the change room. I know what she likes. I know what her style of training is. He's like, can you help me? I'm like, of course, I'm here for the whole year with you. Dude, he didn't pay me for it. Why does ask?
Speaker 1: Twenty five years old? No experience doesn't feel like you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: And away from those people very fast.
Speaker 1: So I tweaked the program. And then a few days later, because I was in and out of that gym all the time, a few days later I was in the change room. We were always in this at the same time because we had I knew also what time her personal training sessions were because that was also my time, so not personal training.
Speaker 2: But like when we were in the change room and.
Speaker 1: Then she's like guess what. I'm like what She goes, Oh, he just changed my program. I'm like, oh really, I'm like that's cool. Because she knew that they were friends. I'm like, oh, that's cool. What does he got you're doing?
Speaker 2: Now I know what she's doing, so she talked about it. I'm like, oh, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: How did you feel about the last whatever your first few weeks. She's like, oh, I did this and this helped me with this. I didn't really find this beneficial, but this did.
Speaker 2: I was like, sweet.
Speaker 1: So I was able to go and help his programming for her whole duration. So like, those are things that I know that I'm not asking for feedback because I am if there's any I may not be confident in swimming, I'm not really confident in running, I'm not confident in really using my kayak, or there's certain things like I got roller skates that are with the donation bin.
Speaker 2: Those were my roller skates.
Speaker 1: That I bought. I put on once I fell down into a chair and I never put them back on. I'm not confident in roller skating. I am one hundred and twenty percent confident in my fitness programming. And I could say that without a shadow of a doubt. So when I say to the room, do you like it? I'm not gonna I don't care if it's like how the like how you say, like how the different styles? Like you did the one minute thing this morning and you added that in as like this is your base, it's going to be one minute. He elevated forty five degree pulse squads. That's what you said, right, yeah, Oh, fantastic memory. High five myself in public quarters pretty much the three quarters. Yes, So it's like the Harry Potter note in three fourths, So that I would be like, hey, did you like me throwing that in there?
Speaker 2: How'd you feel about that?
Speaker 1: That's what I yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And like when.
Speaker 3: When you do something different from regular because most people like that's true, right yeah, some people like the same forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's not good either. No no, yeah, no, no, we're not doing the same like because we're doing different things. But some people like the same format for oh, yes, like cardio kick.
Speaker 1: Yes, when I tried to throw in like the circuit style, and it was like two weeks, so it was like three or four classes that was air was a circuit style. People stopped showing up and then I got emails and a phone call and when I was in here, just a question and the one girl was like, they're gonna go back? We had one yeah, and like one girl was in the bath Actually, someone asked me, I haven't seen this person, and I said her last class was in the bathroom thrown out, and I'm like, we're going unsolicited unsolicited feedback. Yes, it was unsolicited feedback from someone who people doesn't have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good thing about being connected to you people. I was like, oh, shooting like that.
Speaker 3: Well the thing I yes, knowing that to me, I agree with what you said. It does come across sometimes as a lack of confidence.
Speaker 2: I I don't assume that people are going to like things.
Speaker 3: My feedback is never be like it. The feedback is. The feedback is like what does this feel like in your body? And what does this feel like in your body? But I don't want to overwhelm people with that. So I feel like that's the thing is because they don't really care, like they.
Speaker 2: Want to come here and do the work out.
Speaker 1: And that's I think that's how we're different, not just in fitness, but in like quite a few different avenues. Because for those who are listening, Nick and I are very good friends, not just in the workplace, but like we're friends, so not more than friends.
Speaker 2: Don't be weird, don't be gross. Just to clarify, so.
Speaker 1: Face right now, he's like, really, crusada, there's people that are going to go there with my thought about that.
Speaker 3: I've always been straight with lesbian friends for some reason whatever how that works.
Speaker 1: So like this is I find and correct me if I'm wrong, because we don't have a script. We're just shooting by the hip at this point, and I'm saying that they can tell oh and the.
Speaker 2: Five minute intro about nineties movies jet.
Speaker 1: So I see like how sometimes you come in you are so prepared, like you are, like you're so I always say, like, my confidence is a ten, and I've said this a lot recently. My confidence is a ten in certain things, but my skill, not a fitness but in other things might be like a three. Like remember when I was trying to learn how to swim underwater? Can you stop to me that in the deep end, you kill yourself Like it's fine, there's like burs and I'll be okay, but like I'll come in with a ten confidence and a three skill, whereas you'll come in with a ten skill.
Speaker 2: But then you might have like a three or four confidence depending on what it is. That's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it's as someone who believes in you and knows that you are so good at the things that you do. It's hard for me to watch because I'm like, if I had your skill in my confidence, i'd be a what.
Speaker 2: I mean, really would be unstoppable.
Speaker 3: No, I know, And it's definitely something that that's why I mean, I've went to therapy and that's right, because I know that that's a thing. It's like, no matter how good you're at something, no matter how much you live this lifestyle, no matter how much you like read about it, no matter how much you research, no matter how many courses you take, you're still like not confident. What is this imaginary thing that's going to make you confident in this Nikki?
Speaker 1: You're read it confident you're not.
Speaker 3: So this is very much what I say, Like, this is something I've learned for sure. Maybe that's that is also to me something where I have room to grow. So maybe instead of calling it mistakes, will call it room to grow because I think, okay, because I think mistake is a weird thing, because I feel, like you, a mistake is something maybe I feel like I can't come back from, or like there isn't you know, like everybody would see it as a mistake, which is never the case for anything.
Speaker 2: But I think that.
Speaker 3: Confidence in fitness, and I know for people to believe in me, I have to believe in myself in this instance, right, So it's very much the thing. But when I have this much energy for something and I just love it so much, that's what comes across confidence to people. They know. Ask any of the coaches here. I will talk to them for ten minutes about some stupid thing, and all of them are like, yeah, and they all love fitness, but they're all like, Nikki, we don't care about this working your traps versus this working your like exterior, like your medial deltoid.
Speaker 2: We don't care about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I'll be like.
Speaker 3: And I can tell that their eyes are glazed over, and I'm like, I'm very sorry, guys. I actually usually start the conversation is like, I'm going to talk to you for about I'm going to just go on for five minutes about.
Speaker 2: This really boring thing that has to do with anatomy. Are you willing to listen to me?
Speaker 1: Poor Annie? And Kim? Actually, who do you see her the most?
Speaker 4: Ah, I don't I would I don't know you for sure, but other than you, I would say probably Kim.
Speaker 2: But I've been seeing Annie. I've been seeing Annie lots lately, and I love because you guys are always in pastor too and any so like wants to grow and like she's like a learning sponge. She is. She's a teacher though, and I love.
Speaker 1: Her brain just she's I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's why I like.
Speaker 3: I do like feedback because I feel like I learned from people's opinions and they're like, you know, their perspective. I love all different perspectives. The thing is is that like, say, for example, your perspective is very I mean you are to me, I've always thought that you were high functioning, but you have a like a special skill when.
Speaker 2: It comes to these things. And I don't think that about very many people.
Speaker 3: But like your love mixed with everything else and just that you're really good at stuff.
Speaker 2: You're very good at most things. But thanks, I have a wholes of speelings.
Speaker 3: You know when you say like three skills, like, well, everything that you do here, maybe you've got You've gotten to a higher.
Speaker 2: Skill level of drilling holes for sure.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, thanks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nothing's falling down anymore because I got proper tools and I learned.
Speaker 3: It's so funny that you see that, because every time I like, I've been hanging stuff up at my house.
Speaker 2: I actually the one thing that I hung up back there, the first thing. Remember, I had said to a bunch of members. I said, hey, look this is the first thing I ever hung up in my entire life.
Speaker 1: It's still bear, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And they're all touching it being like ooh. I was like, thanks, guys. I know that I'm the coach, but I just need.
Speaker 1: Your validation here.
Speaker 2: Sometimes a little bit of validation goes along the way. I don't know why.
Speaker 3: I think sometimes we're scared to do things if we've never done them because we want to be good at stuff, right, So I feel like this lends itself to exercise.
Speaker 2: I don't want people to feel like that you don't have to.
Speaker 3: It's like there's this small little gap between you knowing and not knowing.
Speaker 2: Just doing it. So I'm gonna facilitate. We're gonna hold hands.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna rub your hands while we're walking over the threshold of you learning. I'm gonna like rub your back and be like, it's okay, you're great.
Speaker 1: You're doing well. You're learning exercise.
Speaker 3: That's my job to hold your hand and rub your back and tell you a good job as you're learning exercise.
Speaker 1: That's what I said.
Speaker 2: Well, i'll get you there. You just you have to be willing. It's all. Yeah, that's it. Even if you're kicking and screaming, Nicki's gonna take and hold your hand and be like it's okay, you can kick and scream. We'll get there.
Speaker 1: I think when it comes to like different opinions and perspectives on the exercises or how it feels for people's bodies, I love that too, Like how does it feel if you don't like it like this?
Speaker 2: Do it like this.
Speaker 3: Some people have issues with their ankles, some people have issues with their knees. Some people have issues with their hips, some people have issues with their low back. So it's like how can I make this, like how can we tweak it and like learn how to make these friendly for other people. So, yeah, these are the things that I'm learning, especially with people with different mobility concerns and people with different like people have plates, and people have screws, and people have like like torn tenons in their bodies.
Speaker 2: It's like meniscus tears. It's like, well, public floor, even people don't even in those things. People feel different.
Speaker 3: So it's like if I can get a hundred people's feedback of like what this feels, I can say, Okay, well generally, so let's try to find the best way for people to do this or like something that.
Speaker 2: Most people find friendly.
Speaker 3: Yes, because that's the good thing about us being in a place where everybody we're all movements, good movement, and we're trying to like make this safe and healthy and friendly for everyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that that's like I always say, like we we're like a pizza place, but everyone who's here, everyone who's who's working, is making like we're all making.
Speaker 2: The same recipe. So that's something that I love so much.
Speaker 1: And I loved to ask questions and learn about like what people like when it comes down to like, hey, is power the board. What's up on the board, Like, what's up on the board. I don't care if you like what's on the board, because this is what's going to get you to your success. And if you don't like it.
Speaker 2: Because well you don't want to believe it, you don't even have to like it.
Speaker 1: You don't have to like it. They got to do it. If there's some things that you look at it and you're like, I don't like those because it doesn't feel good for my unique body, that's why we give alternatives. And we all know like some people are not able to go overhead, so we always give a different movement, not to be easier, super commoned well just because some people.
Speaker 2: Just cannot, like like throes and sh older stuff like this lack of mobility overhead that we work on whatever or yeah, people just don't have it exactly. And what I love.
Speaker 1: About us here is like we are not cairos, We're not physiotherapist, we're not rmts. Like we're gonna recommend you to a professional if you need a recommendation. Yes, I say that often, Yeah, Like we're not going to diagnose people. We're also not doing personal training and manipulating and touching people's shoulders for like forty minutes to make sure they're in line.
Speaker 2: We're like, okay, this is what you can do.
Speaker 1: You want to come in, you want to have a good workout, you want to what you want to have a good time. This is a workout. This isn't me teaching you how your anatomy is supposed to be. I'm not a physio. Go to physio for that.
Speaker 2: Does this feel good?
Speaker 3: Is like does this feel good for your body? Which I can't tell only you can tell though, if it doesn't feel good for your body, We're going to give.
Speaker 2: You this alternative.
Speaker 3: We're not diagnosing this thing. You're telling me that you have this thing. I'm believing you. You say you can't move this way, I believe you, so we'll give this other way to move.
Speaker 2: Yep, exactly. That's the thing I know.
Speaker 3: I tell people all the time, if you have this issue, maybe you can go to physiotherapists and they can.
Speaker 2: Work on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they know a couple. Here's some exercises that you can do in class in the meantime, But if it's a serious problem, you gotta go not like leave the gym. I mean, you know you're not.
Speaker 2: Now you have an issue, you gotta leave. No, No, you're gonna stay and you're gonna do your best immediately. I mean, even if it's so much as like if you want to try and working overhead, you could don't not wait it and just extend. That's what you want to do.
Speaker 3: If that's good for you, if that's where you're at, that's fine.
Speaker 1: And there's some people that I know that go to a therapist, of some lots of people, a lot of people, and I'll say like, hey, a physiotherapist said this. Sorry, yeah, no, that's exactly. And I love when people come up and tell us those things. Yes, oh my physio says, I can't do this just for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: I have to go lighter or whatever I spend.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say, like, first off, if someone if there's a workout program, if there's a movement programmed, and I know that that person is not able to do that or they're not supposed to be doing it so they can heal and recover, I'll say, hey, in replace of this, if you don't want to go overhead, you can do a bicep curl. Also, keep in mind that while we're doing an overhead press, you could also do your physio movements, especially if you're not doing them by yourself at home, which a lot of people are like, oh, I should my movement, and I don't my physio.
Speaker 2: Movements three times a day.
Speaker 3: I've done them zero times per day.
Speaker 2: So in class, if you're not doing that exact movement, then you can sub it in in whichever way feels good for your body. Absolutely yeah, And I think too, like when I always say like opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them.
Speaker 1: And some of them stink. Like when I spoke with coach Gena, I'm like, I look at data. It's data if people here weren't getting the results that they were getting. And I'm like, I can't control what people do for the other thirty or sorry three how many hours are in a day? It feels like thirty some days, twenty four hours in a day. I can't. Whatever you do for the other twenty three hours is up to you. But I know that if you have goals, no matter which way, shape, or form they are. And like when someone will do their inbody and they show me their embody and I know what they're doing for a workout, and they're very consistent. I'll say, okay, this here. I'll always say do you want my opinion, and they'll say yeah. I'm like, okay, so this here is first. I'll usually ask like, how do you feel about it? What's you see? Because I want them to learn how to read their sheets right, So I'm like okay, I'm like, yeah, you've lost the muscle. They're like, but I'm eating well and I'm at the gym. I'm like, your workouts aren't the issue here. I'm like something that it needs you to assess, judging by how you're moving, what you're doing, what you're lifting, and what you're eating. My opinion, which you can go and verify if you would like to do, is that you're not eating enough food. And nine times out of ten they'll look at me and be like, I haven't and I know that I'll eat like one meal a day. I'm like, okay, so maybe try to have two meals a day. Maybe try to add in some more food, and then in two weeks or you're next scan, depending on what our agreement is, come into your own body. Just change one little thing and you. There was one person that was platowed for like two months, over two and a half months, and I'm like, ooh, I'm like, do you want one tweak that you could make that I bet is going to change everything. And she said sure. I said, you're going from lunchtime and you're coming to your evening classes, you're doing two classes, and you're going home and.
Speaker 2: You're not hungry.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I need you if you're coming to a five point forty five class and your last meal is between twelve one two o'clock, Like, I just need you to eat a protein packed meal at about four o'clock.
Speaker 2: Can you do that?
Speaker 1: And she said yes. I said, okay, just do that one thing. Oh, And also there was her I think it was her lunch was a protein bar. So I said, can you switch one of these meals for something that's a Whole Foods meal? And xnay, the protein bar your regular occurrence.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool.
Speaker 1: I'm like it. The way that everyone's body works with sugar, alcohols and all those things is a little bit different. So she's like, I'll do anything. It's been over two months. I haven't nothing. Everything's plateaued. So I'm like, okay, two weeks, this.
Speaker 2: Is your day.
Speaker 1: You come in. I know it's an evening class. I'm probably not going to be here. Come into your inbody. Please send me a picture. Okay. So that day, before she even got to the gym, I said, and I've checked in with her like between that time, I'm like, hey, remember when you go into class and waiting for your inbody because i just want her to know that I'm here and I'm aware of it.
Speaker 2: So she's like, yes, I'm gonna go in and do it.
Speaker 1: I'm like, okay, cool, and then she was like, thank you so much, and all of a sudden, her numbers in two weeks went posh.
Speaker 2: I'm like, there you go. I'm like, keep that shit up. Not only that, you also get to eat more food, so hooray, Yeah, that's it. Hooray.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of when people are stalling, I'll say stalling or they're not losing the body fat percentage that they want to. Usually they're not eating enough food, or they're overdoing cardio, not lifting enough weights and vice versa. Nicky's making a face, did you do your body? You're running a lot my food?
Speaker 2: I know, well, I definitely.
Speaker 3: Maybe I could say that that's not a coaching mistake, but that's just a nicky mistake.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: Actually, Kim and I were talking about that today, which is like, you know that. So the thing about the thing about cardio that you know is that it's just good for your heart and lungs.
Speaker 2: It's good for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so past that, it's not really it's only good if you're trying to But then, like anything else, you have to maintain that same amount of say you're doing thirty minutes four times a week, that's a lot of cardio, like extra cardio, right, Yeah, so your body gets used to burning those extra calories and your metabolism adjusts for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So when people say that there you just walk their dog for exercise, and they complain that they're not hitting any of their goals because that's what they do in the regular routine.
Speaker 3: Right, So it's like you need to do above that or you need to figure out or you need to that's the lifting weight part of it, right, you have to lift enough weights.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: To me, Matchmate in Heaven Chef's Kiss, Powerburn, I don't really power burn two.
Speaker 3: I definitely, I definitely know that that is a thing, but that's not I'm doing it because it's a goal, not because it's like what's best for me, right, And who knows how the metabolism is going to go.
Speaker 2: That's definitely going to come back with.
Speaker 3: I feel like the reason why I've gained weight a lot to begin with from say even like so far as COVID, which is like a sedentary job mixed with less cardio, because I did lots of cardio when I was young. Right, Oh, so I would have said I would have done because I've never really thought about I've never been super methodical. I've always just because I like going biking and I like doing this.
Speaker 2: That's that's why I do it, right. I don't think, okay, well.
Speaker 3: This is two hundred calories, this is three hundred, you know, I don't think about in terms of like that, but knowing that if you change your amount of moving a bye a lot, no matter what you're doing, it's going to make a difference in.
Speaker 2: How much you can eat, right, Yeah, totally yeah, because they're always burning, right, this is the thing, so or not burning if you're not doing nothing right?
Speaker 1: And I think too, like you've had a significant change more recently.
Speaker 2: And that I'm trying to ma, guess what's not weird. It's like, oh, it's commenting of it whatever, Like, no.
Speaker 3: It's okay. I mean I feel like I feel like the truth is the truth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like you've had another like you've you've been fit your whole life.
Speaker 3: Well, I've been moving and I mean focusing on different things, yes, but yes, yeah, like you you eat, brief sleep, fitness like for a long time.
Speaker 2: It's your lifestyle. It's not your hobby. It's your lifestyle.
Speaker 1: I love it a lot.
Speaker 2: And and you're good at it. You're great at it.
Speaker 1: And uh more recently you're not in a sit seditary job.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I've noticed just coaching you, seeing the way you move, seeing the way you carry yourself, like those things there's a rapid all of a sudden, it's like that like plateauy kind of thing is almost like non existent anymore because now you're getting in twenty thirty thousand steps in the day, You're you're still doing your workouts, you're doing your equal cardio.
Speaker 4: Yeah, am I And with all this running in stuff, my legs is I'm never okay.
Speaker 2: So we can say that I've been exercising consistently since I was like eighteen years old. Okay, I'm going to be forty six. I was wondering, going to tell me what old you are, Like, you're not forty six. That's a wild side.
Speaker 3: So I guess that's almost thirty years.
Speaker 2: Twenty eight years.
Speaker 1: Oh, twenty eight years, is it true?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So that that long. Yeah, And I would say that.
Speaker 3: I can't remember my legs ever really being super sore with anything, but this volume of stuff definitely walking around and maybe I don't know if it's age or whatever.
Speaker 1: I remember when you first, like my life ever, when you first were not doing that job and you're painting and you're using the boxes as your ladder, and you were like, oh my gosh, my legs are so sore. She's like up and down from the big box for like hours and hours and hours. I was like, oh wow.
Speaker 2: And then that in like everything else that.
Speaker 1: You're doing and you're running and you're moving, so everything is just kind of like your culbination den droits are tingling. Yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So anyways, I think that's.
Speaker 1: The only mistakes we've made obviously, haha.
Speaker 2: The things that we need to grow from, well, I mean obviously the things. It's I feel like.
Speaker 3: Any fad things are still have value in the moment.
Speaker 1: Say they'll always be a new fad, that there will always be a new, revised version of the same fad. History has been repeating itself. Bell bottoms are back, baggy clothes are back.
Speaker 2: They call them flare pants. That's where I live.
Speaker 3: I mean, we're from where I'm from the nineties, so like I live in the whole idea of having really baggy pants.
Speaker 1: I love flare pants because I got knock knees. When skinny jeans and skinny tights came in, I was like, uh, then I got Yeah, I just got on that bandwagon out weird look like a weird triangle. Have you heard of those new genes called barrel jeans?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, the wide leg pants that you can't wear because if you have large upper legs, it looks just weird.
Speaker 2: Tree stumped us and lit up the center of it.
Speaker 3: My wide leg pants that are tight on the top and loose on the bottom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I also don't like tripping over I got short life. I don't like my pants dragging, and like tripping on my pants. I'm not getting behind that trend.
Speaker 3: I can't well, I mean they sent them to me and they look so weird that my partner is the most wonderful partner may have been like, please don't put those pants on again.
Speaker 2: Oh really, Yeah, he loves everything that he does. Those pants must me pretty bad. Were they jeans?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Well, ones were like Plazo pants.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I bought two pairs of those, and they're sill in the drawer. Yeah. Were they the thin material or like the thick No, they were actually like a cordion material. They're weird. They look like a skirt, but I don't know. I don't even know why.
Speaker 1: I just like light airy them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that've never won them. Who the heck?
Speaker 3: I mean it's pretty common that we buy stuff and don't wear it though they long with women.
Speaker 2: No, they're like three cord beads. Oh. I used to have a pair of those when I was young, so horrible. Yeah, that's one.
Speaker 1: They were like capris, but they're like wide like capris.
Speaker 2: And they're like black, and they used to have like a little waist belt. Those are back. I mean, I feel like a couple of years ago, maybe, but I don't know. What did you see what I wear? Most of the time those my earphones.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Sometimes things are just comfortable. We gotta do what's best for us. That's what we're learning from the podcast. To do what is the best for you. And we're allowed to grow. That's a take home. That's a take home. You're allowed to grow, You're allowed to change your mind. Hopefully you grow so like, I don't know. I think I think the number one thing is being able to roll with the punches. Like I know. For what we've been talking about is we can change our mind and we don't have to stay there. What we said is one thing doesn't mean that that's what we want for the rest of our lives. Our goals are allowed to change at that moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I myself change from one day to the next, so I don't know if that may be you. Wow.
Speaker 1: And even as another perspective is I know how hard it is for me to change myself. I'm not going to fight tooth and nail to try to change somebody else.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, impossible. It can't change other people. No, I can hold your hand and rub your back while you're changing yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're here to help I do all right? Well, I hope you got something from this podcast. Let me know how many push ups that you can do in thirty seconds. Feel free to at me on social media. I only have Instagram at Christina Romita or the Transformation Station on Facebook is also there alive and well. Same with on Instagram. Let me know how many push ups that you can do?
Speaker 2: And Nikki, you coach here all the time, at least two three days a week. Hit up Nikki have a push up challenge. She's got one hundred thousand to prepare for bye bye. Thanks for joining, Nikki. Thanks